Speaker 1: This is India Today Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You are on India Today Podcasts and you are in.
Speaker 1: The Sledging Room.
Speaker 2: Let me warn you this is not a place for the faint hearted and the weak need. If you're a sports poff and like challenging everything you see in her, stay, If you're a sooner bodyatya fan, walk away.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 3: It's time for the second episode of the third season of Sledging Room Podcast with me Alan and think Shue Sorrow was not here. Is not here because he was too heavy to you know, turn up and come to office on a day. I'm expected the Young India, the New India, to do well. In fact, they could have done well. They perhaps should have done well, but in the end it was a five wicket defeat in the first Test of the five match series.
Speaker 1: The Anderson Tentralkod Trophy hasn't started well.
Speaker 3: I just want to dive straight into the topic, Alan Sook, is it time for a knee jerk reaction?
Speaker 1: What do you think who should be held accountable? What went wrong?
Speaker 4: I think for me, I think the comments that have come in, like more or less everybody has been saying, oh they've done well, Oh they did this it's a young side.
Speaker 1: To be very honest, it's not a young side.
Speaker 4: I think the average age for India's somewhere around twenty nine and the average age for England is somewhere around twenty, so you are not a young side. For me, I feel the whole management has to be held accountable for this, the kind of I'm sorry, I'm going on a little bit of a rant. Obviously, it's a good performance. I think the batters did well. Boomera always stepped up. The batters, at least the top five did well. The rest was I don't know what happened to them. Bowling wise, it was all over the place. And you cannot How can a bowler like Prusis Krishna, who has done so well in the IPL conceit in both innings more than have an economy rate of more than six?
Speaker 1: Have you not? Okay?
Speaker 4: The first innings was a thing that had happened. How can you not learn in these second innings the same mistakes that you were making. I saw a tweet yesterday that basically said he asked schupmern Gil for an extra fielder on the off side and then he started bowling on the pads.
Speaker 1: How can you be so naive about these kinds of things.
Speaker 4: You're not playing, Okay, you say that you're playing having a transition period.
Speaker 1: A couple of defeats will happen. Okay, we can accept it.
Speaker 4: But this is the World Test Championship, something that South Africa won, where they were making mistakes, but they ensured that it was not repeated in the second half they batted. Well, they've wanted it out of their sheer grit. Why is it not here? And what is the team management doing? Why are you not advising a person.
Speaker 3: By team management, whom are you referring to, I am referring to the coaches.
Speaker 4: It's the coaches as well as the players on the field. How can you not make reaction, make a decision that Okay, I have put a fielder on for the cover drive.
Speaker 1: And now I'll bowl on the stumps. That is baffling. That is simply baffling.
Speaker 4: And you cannot expect to win a match when you're dropping more than six or seven catches. Yeah, that happens. Once it happens, Okay, it is fine. The same guy making it three or four times, I think it's a lap of laps of concentration. Maybe he's not fully sewn in on the field. Tough chances will still give the leeway. But eight chances six or I'm not sure how many chances that they've dropped to my recollection, I think it's more than eight.
Speaker 1: It was around seven eight seven eight.
Speaker 4: That cannot happen in a match you're playing for the World Test Championship. You're not playing to be like the next England who says that, oh we are looking for moral victories. This is not the time for moral victories, and you call it knee jerk reaction or whatever. There has to be a response in the second Test. That is what I would say. Thanksure you, baseball fan. How are you feeling today?
Speaker 3: I'm feeling a little irritated, to be honest, because I did not like the discourse that followed the Indian England as much like say, like you asked the knee jerk reactions? Should is it time to take a knee jerk reaction? I think the knee jerk reaction has already happened. When you brought in SIZEOD at number three, Krona at number six, and chart at number seven eight whatever, who else would have come explain? Okay, yeah, that's the whole point about right. So I think in terms of consistency, if you just see in terms of consistency, it is already played extremely well in Australia. He was one of our best players in a horrenda series. He should have played in England because for me, in England, at least in these conditions, what we have seen is that you.
Speaker 1: Need five proper bowlers.
Speaker 3: You need five proper bowlers, which essentially means that you need a proper batter up top. One can argue that is a much better better than Shardultakur. What Chardutagur had was experience of playing in India and probably is a better bowler than he did not get to ball anyway, because Gumbi said that Jadeja provided much better control than Shardul in those conditions. So Schumann thought that let's not give him the ball. Fine, I I don't have a problem, say Sudashan at three brought in directly from IPL I'm not discounting his domestic form. But east Horn, the India captain, has been carried with the Indian team for three years now. If everybody's getting a chance to debut under Gambier, he also deserves a chance to get a debut. That's my whole point. Karunara at six I have a problem with that. I thought Karuna would be playing at three, the perfect shield for perhaps Schumann Gill at number four.
Speaker 1: That did not happen. He was brought down at number.
Speaker 3: Six, which a position which I thought was more suited to dru Jurel at that position on a flat deck in England.
Speaker 1: He did brilliantly in.
Speaker 3: Rachi and Rajkote and Dhramsala, I think against England at home, but he was not given a chance. So for me, the knee jerk reaction happened when the Test eleven was announced. It's time to follow your processes and figure out how do we support Boomra, How do we support our top batters. Like you mentioned Alan that our batting did very very well, our tail messed up.
Speaker 1: How could the tail not have messed up?
Speaker 3: With nititiarity in the bank, I was crunching a couple of numbers, so Evehen, I was talking to you actually about this that Let's see how many overs did Boomra bowl in a five Test match series before his body broke down. It was one hundred and fifty one overs in Australia, could you guess how many overs he bowled in this Test match? Twenty nineteen in the first nix if I'm not wrong, twenty five in the first innings, then nineteen in the seconds, nearly twenty in the sex, So forty five or thirty percent off his load is already done and we are first Test match in see. That's why they kind of probably told that he's going to play only three Tests. And it's no surprise that, you know, the pitches in England are going to be like this.
Speaker 1: It's not going to be like Australia.
Speaker 3: The very fact that he bore only one fifty overs, as you're saying in Australia was because of the pitches. The matches were over in three and a half days. Nobody lasted more than hundred overs, if I'm not wrong. The pitches were, you know, lively, unlike the Benjin dead pitches that we are getting to see in England. As in, if you want to call this sporting, by all means, go and call this sporting. Yes, one team has taken twenty wickets. There's no excuse.
Speaker 1: To India, it's a flat tag that you have to search. Flat five days. Simple. That's something that's call it what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's something that England have prioritized in their basstball approach, like how the subcontinent teams provide ranked turner stop positions. There's no you know, you can't call it. You can't call it. You know you can't call it unsporting. You can't blame England for this, but for God's sake, don't call it a sporting wicket. That's that's something that I want to point out here. I see Kingshukia saying how to support Boomra, so how to take twenty wickets?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 3: How how the how on earth can you play for me? Shardul has proven to be a better bowler. You only agreed. He took around thirty five wickets in Ranji Trophy before this IPL, and he did decently well in the IPL after coming in as a replacement player.
Speaker 1: And he has the experience of playing in England.
Speaker 3: So if someone doesn't perform as expected, it's not the it's not the fault of the coach, like I want to point that out to you. Also, I am here to defend. I'm not saying that Gotama has done so well. He has got won one in the last nine Test matches. Under Gotamam, India have won one of the one of their last nine Test matches, if I'm not wrong, So that's a poor record to have.
Speaker 1: But like I said in the previous episode of the Sledging Room podcast.
Speaker 3: If you are giving a young team, if you're going through a transition period, that transition period has also fastened. It's not like, Okay, we were prepared for this because r and verat rue. At least Okay, there were doubts over whether he would play in England. We were looking at other openers, but we are not Many expected him to go this early, at least till the end of the cycle.
Speaker 1: He was expected to play.
Speaker 3: And don't forget when we are talking about even the Gambier was asked in the press conference, like since twenty twenty two, India's ability to take twenty wickets has you know reduced.
Speaker 1: That's that's not a problem only with Gambi.
Speaker 3: Rahald Robert also faced it at the end of his tenure because because of the injuries to these bowlers. Like last Test series is England knows India where India did take twenty wickets in subcontinent in South Africa?
Speaker 1: What did he do? We didn't take twenty wickets.
Speaker 3: In South Africa, we finished a game in one and a half days and one stuppy like the drawn Test, we didn't take twenty wickets or the.
Speaker 1: Test we loss. The Test we loss.
Speaker 3: There are instances of him traveling overseas the World Test Championship Final.
Speaker 1: The things haven't seen. The problem with Gambi is that in so when when you were when.
Speaker 3: You want to say that Nita should have played ahead of Charlotte Taker, I don't agree with that. It was an aggressive move from the Indian team, although they could have gone all out aggressive by playing a specialist bowler or a fourth pacer. But again, but again, if you were worried when Rochman were not scoring runs, I needed a little bit of batting backup. Now with the very inexperienced top order, you still need a little a little bit of batting backup. I won't question this team selection for the first Tests, just that people didn't perform well. President Krishna and SIAJ. Siraj showed really good form in ipl he was given a break, he didn't He was not picked for the champions Trophy. It was not like they picked a random bowler and brought him in. He's a proven customer in England, so if he doesn't do well, it's not the coaches problem. And this is also the start of the first Test. It's not These are not easy conditions to adapt. We always talk about, you know, bowler's batters getting to adapt to these conditions, but bowlers also take time.
Speaker 1: So I think, yes, India, haven't. India could have won this match.
Speaker 3: India had the opportunity to you know, push England, but they disappointed that. That's the thing. It's not like something we massively went off the market. Team selection. I think team selection in Australia was even worse when you had to when you could have played ash, when you played soon, when you wanted to play a cash deep, you played as rana. When it was pitched when it was a pitch suited for you played a cash deep.
Speaker 1: So these were the concerns that the.
Speaker 3: Name argument can be made here also, But you are, for some reason defending that shard selection.
Speaker 1: The problem is that selection is not the problem. The problem.
Speaker 3: No, no, it is because again I keep coming back to continuity. The second India picked size at number three. The problem started because you had to fit Karun. Karuna has been sensational in running season. Now you can't put him at three, so you put him at six. You already have that extracution of a batter. But then you want the bowling like like you said, to support him. Shar comes in my I thought the playing eleven would have been the openers Karun at three, Punt Gill whatever, and then through.
Speaker 1: Jurail at six and you not.
Speaker 3: You don't pick Pressith if you wanted to go with bring a bowler who can give you control like a cash deep, or you bring in a spinner because the match was going to go five days. That was said by the pitch curator on before day one. The selection has been wrong. It's not the Shar flat which may tell me one Test match where Shardul has done exceptionally well.
Speaker 1: Where the deck has been flat.
Speaker 3: No, see it's about it's not your If you're a fourth bowler and the fifth bowler, your your job is not to pick wickets.
Speaker 1: Your job is to go for control, which he which he offered in series in saving days.
Speaker 4: Yes, but what about now the question is see like how King shuk said continuity is the main thing. And in that aspect also Ready has been a consistent performer. He did well. It's not like okay, he was also brought in from an IPL experience. His IPIL was not great. His I pil was not great at all.
Speaker 3: But the but thing is he didn't bowl in the IPAL and he carries had those issues.
Speaker 4: But if you are going to use very scarcely, why not bring in a.
Speaker 3: Better See that's something that could have been worked well. Like you said, it's the even instinct that he chose. You know, even even if correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: Also on this aspect, let me just say it, why would you bring in a hit the deck borler like precess for this match?
Speaker 1: I felt we needed something different.
Speaker 4: If you look at the England team, are there big time hit the deck borloers in that as?
Speaker 1: I don't. I didn't even rate the England.
Speaker 3: Bowling lineup also yeah yeah coming into this Test match I did not at all. The whole thing is that did you really need a process Krishna in this because what.
Speaker 4: I've seen with Prusss is he's more of even when you say it as a hit hit the deck bowler, he's more of a confidence bowler. When he's fully confident, he can do a lot of things with the ball. I think it was an England game where he kind of changed the complexion of that game. It was game he was going for runs, but then the second spell he kind of broke the game open. Here he was constantly going for the same thing. I think you and me, we were covering the game. I think he was bowling to Jamie Smith. He got hit for a six, and our reaction was, why are you trying to do the same thing over and over again when it is not working. Finally he got the wicket of Jamie Smith. But when you are having a spell where you're conceding six more than six in and oh for an over in an innings across both both the innings, that is really baffling. And I thought, for the large part yesterday when I was watching the game, the whole thing was I thought, okay, Boomera and Saraj were bringing in control. The moment that shradhul And specifically came in, we might be targeting him a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, granted that he's still a youngster.
Speaker 4: But you need to think on your feet when you're playing in England, you're not playing it. You don't have the comfort of home. When you're playing in a country like England or Ostar. You need to think on your feet. What makes Mumra so special is because he thinks on his feet. So at that point in time, none of the other bolos did the same thing an experience campaign, like why did One of the things that I have a bit of a problem with was the fact that why did other senior players not go up to a guy like you know, uh pressed and tell him, you know, this is what you have to do.
Speaker 1: It's not just the job of the captain to do it. Captain.
Speaker 4: Again, we say that Schumann is a young captain, why not a k Rowl, Why not a Raven? Why not Boomrah? Or why not a siaj Okay was there? I saw him, but maybe that was the reason. Maybe that was the reason. But you need to motivate that guy to do better, like say that your hit the deck thing is not working here.
Speaker 1: Try to bold the line that Bumra is bored.
Speaker 3: This has been a problem ever since Bartharon left, is what I figured out. Like the way the the you know the plans, You devise a plan, but then you stick to it even if it doesn't work. There's no quick, quick on the feit on the go thinking that you you pointed out because in Austlia, in that twenty twenty one series where Rahana and Captain I still remember, there were so many plans. There was a lexlip place, there was a short cover, there was bouncer, bouncer theories. When when did you I so Jamie Smith got out while playing the bouncer in the first innings there was no bouncer attempted to the second innings.
Speaker 1: You couldn't get the bouncer Brooke.
Speaker 3: First innings you couldn't get the bouncer theory going for Benduckett. Also, Benduckett gave one chance to assess you as well, but you still persisted bowling that off stump line, sometimes bowling it wide.
Speaker 1: There was no you know, real plan.
Speaker 3: When it comes to yes, I understand that probably this is a setup that is still gelling. But these are basics, Like you pointed out, they are playing professional cricket.
Speaker 1: Like King shoot tomorrow comes and says okay.
Speaker 3: I have been in this industry for six years, so I cannot if he if he okay, if if we give him a sensational interview beer. He could not he could not do well. It's okay, but if you can't do the basics right, then there's a problem.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: That's something that baffled me because there was no real bowling plan when England.
Speaker 1: Were going hammer and tongs.
Speaker 3: In fact, in the first session of day five when Ben Duckett and Zach Crawley were playing, they did not do basseball. There. They gave India a lot of respect. I thought, probably they're doing a mistake by, you know, giving some eating up time because time was also an impact in factor with the weather around. But our bowling was completely listless, even Boomera for that matter. Yeah, you might call it fatigue and all that. But in the second things he was toothless. Let's call us a spade a space, I think a couple of sensation after that, he wasn't even trying to bowl full hit the length, get you know, bold straight line. If you're the leader of the bowling attack, probably you should also, you know, conjure plans. You should also go tell the captain that, okay, give me that fielder. I need things to happen. But of course, when you're not having control when you are leaking runs like six seven runs and it's not like you there they were taking singers, they were finding boundary every over, so that then becomes a little bit difficult. But on the whole, I would still say that it's just.
Speaker 1: The first test of the series. It's just the first test with a new team.
Speaker 3: Of course, probably let's not react by you know, yes, pressid Krishna did not bowl well, but he's here in the dressing room for a reason.
Speaker 1: He has shown that he can do well. In the Firth Test, he did well.
Speaker 3: But I couldn't understand one thing that Gambi said yesterday in the press conference about this fast bowling group. He said, it's not that we are looking for this tour. We are looking to build a pace battery that will serve the team for ages. Of course, of course, when even if you see in the twenty fourteen fifteen series, Ishant was there, Shami was young, Umish was there, but they were all at their you know, early stages of their career where they couldn't do well.
Speaker 1: But we're not.
Speaker 3: In a way, he was very good with with his fast bowlers and in a way he was lucky also that their prime met with his Captaincy is a generational talent. From day one in Test cricket, he has been sensational. Shammi peaked. There was a time in England when Shami used to beat the outsiders, beat outsiders, but never used to pick up wickets, but that changed in twenty twenty twenty two was sensational under We're at Ishant who had consistently had troubles in overseas conditions. Under Doni he was a passenger, but his prime came under rat Colice Captaincy.
Speaker 1: So is there merit when Gambir says.
Speaker 3: This group should be persisted with, so he's he's picked a group right, So let's say so boo, Yeah, they have been servants of indiangrate.
Speaker 1: For a very long time. Now.
Speaker 5: You picked Deep Sing who asked you to pick us Deep Sing who asked like based on like a couple of county games last season, who asked you to a domestic season dom trophy.
Speaker 1: This is not the first time that Steve has a sensational That's.
Speaker 3: When you need your identifying bowlers right. You could have easily asked the same question to ask who the hell picked Why did you pick Bumra for Test cricket. He was labeled a white ball bowler, although Bomra had good domestic labeled labeled a.
Speaker 1: White ball because people saw him in I p yeah, that's the reason. That's also you're you're also saying that is already said exactly.
Speaker 3: But aren't there bowlers who have played Test cricket who offer value in seeming conditions of name one good left.
Speaker 1: Tomp pacer who can left. That's why that.
Speaker 3: They're going to probably that is the variation that they're going for. Okay, we have to hit the tech bowlers in our squad right now? Did not have the hardship question has been answered by the pressure, which is the same thing that there always a niggle in the squad, which is why we depicked him as a cover. Now that the niggle is over, we might send him back, but I have to talk to the selectors whether we want.
Speaker 1: To send him back.
Speaker 3: Clearly you would not do that, clearly says he's not He's not going to be the plan.
Speaker 1: So Gambir has this, you know, liking for us.
Speaker 3: I probably seeing something in him, so he's giving him time with the squad. But but my question is like sorry to interrupted that. My question is there was there wasted well in the Giants game, by the way, but both games, let's.
Speaker 1: Not jump that gun.
Speaker 3: Also, they were not part of the eighteen man squad. Initially they were not. But that's why, right, That's why they prepped there. So it's just confusing. We've talked I think.
Speaker 4: We've talked about it that how in our conversations, that how India has prepared so well in coming into this series. They came here two weeks prior, they played two practice matches.
Speaker 1: I think everybody was happy for.
Speaker 3: The first time. I think some of the A listers also played these A games.
Speaker 4: Yes, Kalal, I think close to six or seven people were there. Now, all these preparations are done, everything is sorted, but but then when it comes to the match, you're making those crucial errors.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: See in a couple of days time, I think I'll forget about this loss.
Speaker 1: It does not matter.
Speaker 4: Like you look at the grand scheme of things, You're like, Okay, there are four more matches.
Speaker 3: Saturday in a couple of days. Saturday will come, Saturday evening will come. Of course, everybody will forget this law.
Speaker 4: But the fact of the matters, Like you said, this was a game that we could have won. This is not an England team that is going to be world beaters or are going to the WTC final. This is a team that could have been easily picked apart. Now you will have javv Rarcher coming in. If he is coming in and he starts to bounce out your battles, then it becomes a whole different.
Speaker 3: Ballgaycos and they are already reporting that Wood might be fit for four and five, so Gus Atkinson is also there, then then this team gets.
Speaker 1: An upgrade for us.
Speaker 4: It's about counting the number of matches that Boomra will play. Okay, is it going to be the second test that he's going to get dropped or is it.
Speaker 1: Going to be the third test? I mean as clearly said that he is going to agree with that plan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that but we don't know how that happens because the player always has the same If the player comes and say that no fit and I am going to play, what what will come to do about?
Speaker 1: Of course, if you thin down then there's the is no point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but as we have seen that whenever that happens, then also the force no. No to the credit, they did not force boom after we went kneel down against New Zealand, to kneel down against New Zealand. But I couldn't understand why he played those two tests against Banglades.
Speaker 1: That kind of I don't know, that kind of hampered the entire planning.
Speaker 4: You could have actually Champion series could have actually been your testing ground, testing ground for most of these talents.
Speaker 3: You could have used them. It was his first series. He didn't want to take a risk.
Speaker 1: Chris.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then now you are left with, like you're saying, building a pace battery is not going to be.
Speaker 1: An easy thing.
Speaker 4: Yes, you need to have ensured that these guys at least harsh For me. Obviously I have that personal bias because of his case care allegiance. But the fact of the MATTERSS, he's still very raw. You can see that in his game in Australia. He showed flashes of brilliance in that first per Perth test. He got hit, then he came back, he took the cat of Travis had He showed that aggression, which I.
Speaker 1: Like on very spicy pictures of Australia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like the fact that he's got that aggression, that attitude that can compliment boomrah in maybe a couple of years, but for now, let him build up the thing right you should have ideally, Okay, the whole argument comes in. This was a test that needed variety a left hamp pacer could have. I'm not saying that he could have done any better than these guys, but at least it's something different than coming in trying to hit the hit the deck hard. Apart from a couple of variable bounces here and there, which care Rahul obviously told and Tumble to size, there was nothing else on that track.
Speaker 1: We tell me.
Speaker 3: Have you guys ever seen us Deep as a control bowler? Yeah, of course, as even in T twenty cricket he's able to hit six tails. He said the same speak. My only thing is he as the if we cannot compare Arshdeep, Harshith and Pressed, they have very different trajectories in their careers. Harshith is still young, he's raw, he has talent, he has the pace. Prussied has had plenty of injury concerns on and off. He was once stouted as you know, the next big thing. I still remember once we had a selection meeting in Bengaloo for which I went ms K. Press was a format chairman of that at that point of time and he was somebody asked him the same question after Shami Buma, who are there? Can you name a few paces that you guys are looking at scouting at. He said, there's one Karnataka bolar called Pressed Krishna. He's tall, he's he has the pace and he has good, you know, skills to play all formats. So this was in twenty sixteen seventeen. So from then on he has been being built up. The eight years from there he has had plenty of injury concerns, He has had his own moments, he has had his downfalls also, So that is pressith our step is a bona fide superstar in white ball cradete. He has won your T twenty World Cup. He has been part of that setup. So his confidence we should take that into account. When Mumra was so high, when Bumra was a world beater in white ball format, it's always good to strike the iron when it's hot, right, Like Bumra was unleased in South Africa. Not many expected that to happen. I think in the first Test, in the first Test he gave they played him and he unleased hell there, So why not do that with that sleep when you can do that with Harshid, when you can do that with Preussithe and like he pointed out, like we have all pointed out the left arm variation that is there right, that is very very very.
Speaker 1: Very important, is what I think.
Speaker 3: But you know what, guys, before we you know, wrap up, I just want to ask one question, what was the what was your first impression of.
Speaker 1: SUPERMERNKL as a as a cap captain? Of course lots to learn.
Speaker 4: I think one of the biggest things that I the positives that I saw was the fact that how he took up the number four role.
Speaker 1: That was brilliant towards that.
Speaker 4: I always expected him to become a number four matter while he was opening, while he was at number three, I thought he will find that comfort at number four. One school he is done because everybody has been saying that.
Speaker 1: He is the hair apparent too.
Speaker 4: Captain c wise, I think he needs to be a little more proactive. He needs to be on the like he's done that in the IPL. He was whenever his team when Gujura Titans were playing, I could always see him be with the bowler telling him what to do. What not to do setting up things. Maybe a little more proactive in that. And probably he needs to tell the seniors that guys, I can't be.
Speaker 1: Always there at every point in time. Just help out. Maybe a Boomra might be a best guy to help out the bowlers.
Speaker 4: Even a Siraj also for that matter, a Boomra can come out and help out Siraj and say that bro, like you need to bowld this, try this out. Maybe he can, you know, compartmentalize his departments a little.
Speaker 1: Maybe a batting we.
Speaker 4: Saw how Kale Raoul managed the first few moments of pan just went bang bang, And then I think Kale, even though he said you let him be, I think Kale went and told him that, you know, bro, just like yeah, yeah, just manage it a little. I am taking the I'll take a lot of the pressure, but you also try to.
Speaker 1: Pace your innings well. So you have a Kal to guide those guys in the batting department.
Speaker 3: But that happened during the fielding also, I think I I watched Siraj Kale Jadja set fields like bring Man's square, et cetera, et cetera. But I thought was like, so there's this one match in IPL this season where Schumann Gill had a scuffle with an umpire. I think paduad Miller ca oh. There was a runout attempt where the ball hit the glove and the glove hit the wicked and Shumann was given out. He went to the face of the umpire and he said, and he stayed him down. He's like, explain me, why have I have been given out? In the same match later on he once again went to the umpire told him that listen, this is my ground.
Speaker 1: Behave. That's the shoeman I want in India. Captains, you you need aggression.
Speaker 3: Also, I don't want that cheeky little shoeman on the sidelines like you say now that divide responsibility. No, yeah, no, no yeah. I want him to walk up to every single England batter tell them I am here.
Speaker 1: I'm going to conquer you guys.
Speaker 4: I think last year he did that with Barstow when Barstow went up and took offense to what he said to James Anderson and try to kind of you know, ruffle of Shuperman. Super said, I've scored one hundred. What have you done in the series. Yeah, I want that Superman back. It's it's a high time that we get get out of this hangover. We have one series without such type of you actually the thing that type of aggression.
Speaker 3: Also, there was a who did not do any of this, and one you the biggest series that I created also boost series. No, there was no imagine that. So those are the things that I'm saying, and I like this composure the way. He was quite candidate, did not say, oh, we scored this much, the tale didn't. Can't kind of acknowledge that the tale didn't do well and the catches went down, and he said and given dummy said that let's give credit to where it's due. He said that these are issues that we have and hopefully we'll work on it. It's just the first test and before the second test, hopefully we'll work on it. And see why we are wrapping up this without you know, talking about the positives, without talking about the second test, which starts on July two in Birmingham, is that we'll have another episode for that separately. We'll discuss in details the changes that needed to be made, that that needs to be made, and a little bit of England also what they have done well in the last two years, especially at home, and why this might be an insurmountable series in the Meanwhile, in the in this week probably we can expect a piece from King Chuk explaining why India might win this series for one so stay tuned for it. Share that link soon with you, But for now we are signing off. That's the that's the, that's it from this For the second episode of the third season, you can send in your feedback on eight five double eight nine double six double nine six uh. If you have thoughts about what went wrong in the first test and whether gum Be needs to be blamed and what can Schumann, Gil and his co do better in the second test, you can send in your thoughts here. And if you're listening to us on Apple Podcasts and Spotify, please do rate us. And like we always say, if you're watching us on YouTube, please leave your comments.
Speaker 1: We'll be more than happy to learn your.
Speaker 3: Feedback and we're very happy that the comments have started rolling in. For the season three, there are a few interesting comments. Thanks to King Shuk. We got a bit of breakbacks as well when he picked seven figs frontline pass, one wicket keeper and then two wall round does in a eleven for the first test. Yeah, keep them coming. We'll be more than happy to learn your feedback. Thank you, have a great week.