Speaker 1: The Dodgers have even up this series and are forcing a game five after an eight nothing shut out win. And we're joined right now by Gavin Lux who had a big game. Gavin, just describe the feelings that were inside that clubhouse before the game and the statement you made to each other.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, you know, throughout the day, everyone's calme. You know, we got our group chat going throughout last night and just encouraging everybody, you know, like, let's move on. We got this and got a chance to win this one to go back home, and you know, I think there was a lot of intensity early and Mookie to get us going hit a solo shot, he goes, we goes, and he's been phenomenal and up and down the lineup a ton of hits, a ton of good at bats, and the bullpen did an unbelievable job.
Speaker 1: When you have a bullpen game like this, how important was it for you guys to score not only early, but to put a crooked number up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, you know, it just makes everybody feel a little bit more comfortable. Obviously, you know, anything can happen in the playoffs, but just to have that little bit of cushion where you know, you can just kind of go out and play baseball, and pitchers can come in and feel pretty relaxed. And I think, you know, it always just ups to get an early lead like that, and but even if it was a close game, you know, we trust every single guy down on that pen to come in and shut it out, and that's exactly what they did.
Speaker 1: Can you describe the feeling when you hit that laser of a two run home run off the lefty Peralta? What were you thinking there to be so aggressive early? I think just trying to see a pitch up.
Speaker 2: You know, it's sicker change up guys, so seeing anything up in the zone and ready to go from there, and you know, especially guy in scoring position, just ready to go early.
Speaker 1: How about this guy, mooky bets, there's gonna be a game five? There's gonna be a game five?
Speaker 3: Mooky bets, Yes, there there is, and uh I'll be locked and loaded.
Speaker 1: Yes, you were ready for tonight. How important was it for you guys to be able to get an early lead and to get a crooked number up there?
Speaker 3: I mean it's huge. Playing downhill is always a lot easier, you know, but you know, we just we'll do whatever it takes. Man, this team we fight. We fight to the end, and we got another game.
Speaker 1: You don't need to worry about anybody else. But what was the statement made to each other to come out and play the way you guys did tonight?
Speaker 3: I mean, just to keep playing, keep going. I mean we had Freddie out, Miggy out, and the guys were like, it didn't matter, next guy up. We're ready to go. I mean, and obviously, uh, we we had to take care of business. And you know, I'm I'm just glad I was able to help us.
Speaker 1: Hey, you always help out. You're one of the best players in baseball, and you've showed it the last couple of games, and you're gonna keep it going.
Speaker 3: Game five, Mookie, Absolutely, yeah, I'm ready to go. I mean, this is uh, this is kind of stuff we dream about. I know it's not the World Series yet, but you know, game five, elimination games, this is what makes it fun.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot for stopping Mookie. You are Mookie Betts.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The season of Mookie continues. A big home run for the Dodgers tonight to help them beat the Padres in Game four of the NLDS eight to nothing a shutout win. When the Dodgers win, Cars for Kids wins as well. By making a donation, you should too. It's the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today at carsfour Kids dot org. That's Cars with a K. Thanks to Gavin Lux and Mookie Bets for stopping. When we continue from Petco Park in San Diego, we'll get to the highlights of tonight's game. Plus Jose Moto will stop by after the Dodgers force a Game five with an eight nothing shut out win in Game four. The NLDS right here on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network