Speaker 1: Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point won the eagle. Do we have some tense audio from a local sports broadcast. We'll let you be the judge coming up here in about fifteen minutes or so. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: It's time to go into the bitter skin showlberg.
Speaker 3: All right, So ten things that happened ten years ago this week, because it's good to think about the past. You know, as you get older, you realize that time flies, and is that is happening? I gave you the script. I thought that's the one you emailed to me before the show. So we'll start out with this one. I will grossed doubt by this, to be honest, not like a visceral throwing up way. But Joey Chess Nutt lost the hot dog eating contest for the first time ten years ago this week. He'd never lost before. Some guy named Matt Stoney came in and ate sixty two of those things. Tony, Joey Chess just took down sixty in his mouth. That's a weird. Yes, how long? How long did we have to do?
Speaker 1: Sixty two?
Speaker 3: Sixty two?
Speaker 1: See, I don't know how it's in thirty seconds?
Speaker 3: Five ten minutes, five ten minutes.
Speaker 2: It's disgusting and I'll never forget the time. Skin and I were doing a Saturday remote on Sports Radio thirteen ten in the ticket I think we're at Bob Thomas Ford and our buddy Boston Dave was one of our listeners, was there and they were doing a big hot dog eating contest. They're like, guys, there's no one entered in this thing. And we're like, Boston Dave sitting there and we're like, dude, would you mind getting in this contest? So he jumped in it for us, very reluctantly, and then looked like he was going to die. At the end of it. He had turned blue and he goes, yeah, my heart, doctor's going to be very upset with me for doing this, and we were like what.
Speaker 1: He goes, I probably need a ride to the hospital. This is before everybody had a cell phone. So he left to go to some medical emergency place and we didn't hear from him for weeks.
Speaker 2: He would come to every Saturday remote we did, and then we didn't see him for a long time. We were like, did he die? I don't know.
Speaker 1: And back then you couldn't really get in touch with people, and so we were man. I think the next time we saw it was probably a month later, and I bet we ran and jumped in his arms.
Speaker 3: Are looking in the phone book for Boston.
Speaker 2: Day amazing, couldn't find a number for Hong Kong Paul to ask him. So now that I now that I have, now that I have indigestion, the idea of a hot dog eating contest which always grossed me out, but I can't imagine doing that. I can't imagine that quickly shoving something that unhealthy in your body over and over and over again.
Speaker 3: So there's a thing that's taken off online right now. It's more of a TikTok thing, I guess, but it's nine innings, nine beers, nine hot dogs.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 3: I just saw the most disgusting couple. They're at Astro's game. I just watched the video and they kept ordering and the guy couldn't even do the beers and she they had to be sharing the hot they're not eating them all, but they ordered all these different types of hot dogs, and this girl is just going to.
Speaker 1: Town pretty hot on these wieners.
Speaker 3: It was not man speed eating. It was so gross, but also impressive. But also nothing I would do.
Speaker 2: Is it Bonnie Blue?
Speaker 3: It's not Bonnie Blue, but uh, way less hot than Bonnie Blue.
Speaker 1: Okay? Uh?
Speaker 3: Ten years ago this week? Did he fell in a hole with the bet Awards? Way funnier now? Actually?
Speaker 1: Why was there a hole that was somewhere nearby the bet Awards stage opening, you know, and he fell into it?
Speaker 3: Do you guys wear your wedding ring?
Speaker 2: Wedding ring ring?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you not wear yours? Kt?
Speaker 2: No, there it is there, it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh, don't look at me.
Speaker 3: I don't have one. That's my fault.
Speaker 1: Oh something has been revealed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a pretty good bit by us to turn the pressure off him. I don't have one.
Speaker 1: So there's a lot going on with Mike right now. I think you can leverage that to get him to start watching the bear because that's an easier situation for him.
Speaker 3: Does not need that pressure. I'll say, this is a story that discarred me for life. And it happened ten years ago. So Jimmy Fallon used to have a big drinking problem and he might still, I don't know. So he tripped on a rug and then he grabbed like a countertop to catch himself and he suffered what was called a ring evulsion, and he had to go to the ICU for ten days and nearly lost his finger. So basically, when he tried to catch himself, that ring like jammed into his finger and he nearly lost his ring finger.
Speaker 2: That's weird.
Speaker 3: I have seen you remember the story.
Speaker 2: I know this a long time ago. I have seen people that wear jewelry for so long and then they put on weight and their hands swell up and their jewelrys trapped on their body and the circulation.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that is terrifying.
Speaker 1: And that was around the time I had that app on my phone that blocked anything related to Jimmy fallon. So that just.
Speaker 3: Make sure, yeah, I know, I want to make sure I didn't say one of the things that happened. Also, this is the week that they released the trailer for the movie Creed. Oh, and people were going, oh, they're gonna redo Rocky, And then Creed went out and got let's see here, one hundred and seventy four million. That's any two, got two and fourteen million.
Speaker 1: That's the same filmmaker as Sinners and Black Panther and all that. It's Ryan Kugler. Is that the guy's name.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think that's I think I could be wrong on that, but I thought that was the case because it's Michael B. Jordan and they do a ton of stuff together.
Speaker 3: It is Michael B. Jordan. It is Ryan Kugler, right, Yeah, in your face, Christina. That's about all the stuff. And there's some other things, but what are they? Yeah, there you have it.
Speaker 2: Uh, there's the way back machine things that happened this week ten years ago. Coming up next to the audio bubble bath, we had some tense audio from yesterday's Ranger game. We got to take a listen to that.
Speaker 1: Next