Speaker 1: If you'd like to be able to listen to the show without ads and have full access to bonus content, that's an option. To find out how, please go to bigfoot Eyewitness dot com Forward Slash Podcast.
Speaker 2: My name is Heidi and my husband's name is Eric, and we've been out in the woods all our lives. My father taught us how to pick fiddleheads and just showed us everything. Which plants tastes like mint, which plants taste like bayberry. So we've been out in the woods all our lives. Eric is an avid hunter, which he will tell you about. And we recently, I'm saying recently because we're in our sixties, so recently, within the last twenty years, got into bigfooting because well it was intriguing and we've had many experiences. The first I can tell you at our house down south, which is in southern New Hampshire, which is in a very there's neighbors, there's a lot of neighbors, but we're also our backyard is we're in a back law and it's surrounded by conservation land, telephone poles. There are apple orchards, they're pumpkins there. I mean, it's a huge farming community. And in nineteen seventy six there was an incident written up in the local newspaper about a sasquatch rocking a trailer and they were actual footprints, eighteen inch footprints found in nineteen seventy six not too far from our house, local flea market, at a local flea market. And so we've been into looking and big footing ever since, you know, we found out about that. It's it's we thought it was fun at first, but now we know it's not fun. It's they're real and they're virtually everywhere. We've had several experiences at our house down south in southern New Hampshire. I mean you can see your neighbor and we've had issues a couple of times. We have a telephone pole. Our driveway is about a football field long and it's surrounded by there's this big area of rush and trees and it's just dark and wooded and you have to go through that to come to the house, which is cleared, and in that part there is a telephone pole. With all of our electronics all over internet everything. It's been ripped off three times. The first time it's like, well, you know, maybe it was a bear. Second time, the person came out and he's like, I don't think it was a bear. He's like, you might have an neighbor that doesn't like you because he's ripping off the box and it's not. There's no claw marks, there's nothing there. And we're like, well, it can't be our neighbors, because we know our neighbors. We have barbecues with our neighbors. We like our neighbors, they like us, and our neighbors are kind of at the time, they were very elderly, so there's no way they'd be going through the brush to get to that transition box. And the third time it happened, the tech was so unnerved by it, i say, or upset by it, or he was just kind of he was confused. He waited for me to come home after work to show me that the box had been taken off. And there's still no explanation for that. There's no explanation for that. And since then we put on a lock box and a big thing that you would have to really go through. You'd have to have a special tool to get that off. Yeah, you need a crowbar, you need a crowbar. Yeah, And since then it hasn't happened. Another thing that happened down there was the kids around us. Because there's so much property in the back and it's conservation language, you know, they shouldn't be riding their bikes on, but they do. They have you know, cross bikes and motor bikes and all that, and they would ride back there, which was fine because they kept the trails clean, so we could go back there. And they called us one time and they're like, why did you put a log across the trails? And we're like, we didn't put a log across the trails and they're like, well, there's a log across the trails.
Speaker 3: It was a bit I had to use an excavator to move the log.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. So it was a big log, and.
Speaker 3: So there was no evidence of routage. It just appeared they hadn't just fallen down. It didn't belong there. And now we're estimate the way that that a tree. Actually it was probably about four or six hundred pounds to get it out of the trail. So that was fairly bizarre.
Speaker 2: And one of the other things that happened. I would have to get up about three o'clock in the morning to go to work. So it was about three thirty am, and I had a jeep and it was beautiful weather, so I had the top down on it and I got to that grove of trees in the middle of the driveway and I just I got so scared. It's like, I can't explain it. I was just like my heart left. It was it was like all I could feel was in my imagination or whatever, is like this hand coming down and back of me trying to grab me out of the jeep. I was so scared at that point that I hunched over. I hunched over the wheel, and I was just like oooh, you know, I mean I was I couldn't breathe. And then by the time I got to the road, I like I punched it. I just I like punched it and I was gone. And I was probably two miles down the road before I could actually catch my breath and go oooh. And that was just extremely scary. I mean, it stays with me because there's no reason, I mean, I've been in that house for ten years. There's no reason for me to be that extremely scared to like hunch over my wheel and get out of there as fast as I could. But those are the things that happened, and these are the things that happened before we really got into sass watching, before we really believed they were just arbitrary things that kind of led to us to believe in these things. And then there was a time when I was throwing the ball for the dog and there's trails around our house, granted, and something ran.
Speaker 4: It just it was just ran. It was just fast. It was like black and it just it was like fast. It was like a shadow, but it was fast. And I had to stop and like, did I just see something? And I was like, that was not a deer. It was no way was that a deer? And the bears cannot move that fast. And I saw it. I know I saw it. And then I mentioned it to my husband. He's like, oh, yeah, I've seen things like that back there.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, it would have helped you if you had told me. So we've had several experiences. So my takeaway from that is I would like everybody that's listening to understand that they are not just in the deep woods. They are not They are closer than you think they are because they're there. I don't know how else to explain it. But they're there. And if you know what to look for, and if you believe that you see what you see, then you'll know. I guess that sounds stupid, but you know whatever. So then we have several experiences up here at our other house which we're moving to, a lot more experiences and yeah, so I'll let my husband go into that.
Speaker 3: So both properties that we own went one souther and the answer one up and mean, both very wooded back lots. There's nothing behind the one up and mean there's probably six seven hundred acre is behind us and both properties I've hunted religiously. I have true stands down south. I've got three stands within ice the ice eide of the house, and I've been, they've been, They've produced a lot of deer. And the twenty five years that we've been there, and the amount of time I've spent in the woods hunting my younger years, I I've never encountered. Let's assquatch. I guess I knew about them, you know, from from the seventies shows back in the day with London Nimoy. I've heard about him, but it's never really on the back of my mind until we I guess it was enlightened probably about ten fifteen years ago. We bought the property up in Maine, and we've belonged to a couple of chapters, and we've done a couple of overnight excursions. And because we've had some some odde stuff happen up here, and you know, things that you pass off, and now that you're aware of what you're looking for and what you're listening for, it opens up a whole new avenue. We have a three season porch up here in Maine. We'll sit out here till midnight. Some nights we have the parabolics and whatnot. For some nights you don't even need a parabolic. I've recorded vocalizations. I've sat in my chair here and weard a couple of holes across the street, and I was able to capture the third one. I grabbed my phone once I realized what was going on, I grabbed my phone, jumped off the porch, and clearly got a vocalization across the street. And across the street. It goes on forever. There's a river down there and whatnot. And like I said, we're up here in the mountain, so you get a lot of reburb So we do, Like I said, my son, he's in his twenties. We do a lot of fishing, a lot of hiking, a lot of hunting together. And my wife is she's avid. Yeah. I don't get around as much as I used to these days, but I still enjoy the wilderness. My son and I were all fishing one time and we were right off side of the road, basically right off the pavement. Truck was, you know, two tires were on a pavement to were off and my son walked up the river, probably about one hundred yards up the road from me, and I just throwing a couple of layers into the stream and out of nowhere. This was late August. There wasn't a breath of air to be had, there was no windage at all, and this log came flying and it was probably about a hundred one hundred yards from me and it made a splash down it. It was right on the corner of the river, and my son, who was one hundred yards away, it's like, Dad, you're okay, and I'm like I used to yell that, like dude, we gotta go, we gotta go now. It was big. I don't know what the weight it was. I didn't stick around to wait to see, but things like that was. You know, I've had beaver tails slapping at me, you know when they get upset when you're out there fishing, when that come around, if they don't want any of that hut, they'll do the splash and you know, that was originally what I thought it was. But you could clearly hear this and coming through the trees, So that was That was one of the first times I really got close to one, and that really really woke us up. We've had, like I said, I've had vocalizations on the porch. I've had my buddy we set out here and it winter time and we used to do vocals off the porch at night. We do howls and wait for callbacks and you know, sometimes you hit, sometimes you don't. But one time it was winter, it was January, it was cold, and I got three callbacks. There's a metal uh probably about three hundred yards across away from the porch. There were three definitive callbacks that literally my buddy and I we we we was right, went back in the house and he looked me. I looked at him. I'm like, yeah, we'll good we'll go back in the house. We've had the same thing, my wife and I. It was probably the first callback we've ever had. We first started doing the howls, we did one off the porch and the immediately got a call back right in the backyard, and so we don't do howls off the porch anymore. According to my wife is like, we're not doing that anymore around the house because they're there. We were up one day, uh fishing on a mountain pond. It's a beautiful, beautiful trop pond, all native fish is nobody literally four miles up off of it's a beaten path. You need fool drive to get to it. And I found it on a map. You wouldn't know it was there if we weren't looking for it. So we we found it, We located it, and we were up there doing that whatnot. I tried throwing a couple of lores, and we just took some random pictures, you know, across the lake whatnot not, you know, nothing suspicious at all. And we get this habit now where we take the photos, we take them back to the house and we'll plug them into the widescreen TV and then well then it we'll start dissecting him. It seems to be very productive. Every time we we uh, we take random photographs. It doesn't matter where you are, uh, just off the beaten path. And nine of our photographs that we've gotten captains on we're standing beside a vehicle. Uh, off a logging road, a fire road. You named her. You know, we're miles off the beaten path, but we're we're still on the blogging road. Uh. Like I said, I don't get around too well. I've got a bad hip now, I've had a hip and placement. We're in our sixties, so hiking and hunting is kind of a chore now. So most of our success has been right out of the vehicles. So one day we were at that mountain pond and we took a couple of random shots across the lake just for whatever reason. Got home. We're looking at him, and I've got these on my camera and I've I've actually posted him on several websites. And in the bottom of the photo on the right hand side is a black bear on the far shore that I would destimate about two hundred pounds. Different take. He's sitting down, but I'd say he's probably about four and a half four and a half in the sitting position tall. And then to the left, about sixty eighty feet away from him, right at the edge of the tree line, there was a figure and I would say it looking in the bear sitting there staring back at this figure, and I would say it was probably two hundred yards across the lake. When you say approximately, I would put this figure in about ten to eleven feet tall, approximately set. I mean, he's barrel chested. I've got it. We all, well, you get the perfect outline, chronicle head you name it. Uh, proportionally taller on the top end, shorter on the bottom end, long arms, long arms, down town down to about his kneecast. His legs look kind of dysfunctional because he's he's shorter on the but shorter on the legs, and he is on the upper on the upper barrel of his chest. Uh, he's staring at the bear. The bear is not moving in the photograph. And I was like, we didn't see that, you know, when we took the photo. We didn't. We didn't see it that we caught. We captured one other photo of that day too, I believe in the tree lane. Yeah, we did but that was a chronicle. Uh So now we've we've been experienced, exposed, we've learned, we've studied. Uh, we know what to look for. Now, Like you take a random shot, you won't see nothing, but then you start looking for the dark shadows, and then you kind of zoom in on, you'll see the chronicle head. Every time, dead getaway is the eyebrow. The brow right above the the eyes is a dead giveaway. You'll have the h It's a lighter, a grayish color compared to the rest of the body.
Speaker 2: So at the same time, on these logging roads that we were on, we have a picture of a and anybody that looks at it, sometimes they can see pictures, sometimes they can't. But this one is a real definitive picture of a face of a young Sasasquatch. You know it was young because it was very small. I'm gonna say probably the head might have been two feet and it was very round, very floppy, and it's it was underneath the trees, so it was on the ground, and it was definitely looking at us. It was really there looking at us.
Speaker 3: And yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: About fifteen feet away from us. And then yeah, so it was there and then we all always had the I always had the feeling that they that they were there, Like you get this feeling like you know, it's a tingle, you know, and they know you're there. You know they're there, and sometimes you can get pictures of them and sometimes you can't. There was a time when we brought up our brother and sister in law, and they're much more nimble than to say the least, and they were going around and investigating parts that we couldn't get to. And I got the distinct distinct.
Speaker 3: Was that the day we called them back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the day we called them back. I got the distinct feeling that all I heard I heard this in my head is like, Okay, you're annoying, now leave. And I didn't take a second. I'm like, okay, I'm like we got to go. So we called them back and we left during that time. And I think you've had other people that will say this. I was following my brother in law down this off there this There was this area where there were crosses and broken limbs and just signs, just signs everywhere about SaaS watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I would just jump in quickly. This is the same area where the Mountain Pond. Uh, there's a four or five mile Roden Loggin road. And I would almost say from what my wife was just saying, that there was two different tribes in that area, two different plans, whatever you want to call them. Uh, one on the lower end and one on the upper end.
Speaker 2: UH.
Speaker 3: Only because as you drive up these roads, you look and you'll see the traditional uh access of a tree. UH. And I so I guess from what I understand, it's a barrier says do not cross. And we had them on the bottom half, and we have on the top half, and we've have evidence of we've had footprints photographed on both on top and bottom. We put beads out, glass beads on rocks and have them switched around, you know, gone back two or three days later. The fruit they didn't touch. The watermelon we put watermelon out. Watermelon was not touched, but the rocks had all been moved to all the glass beads and very a lot of just a lot of activity in this one particular area, and with the trees being crossed, and just yeah, we've actually my wife has got a photograph of a young one up in a pine tree, probably about fifteen feet up in the tree watching us. We didn't know was there until we got home and dissected. So this area particularly is like one of our favorite hout squads. But the river got washed out took the bridge out a couple of years back. We have not yet. They don't get back up there, and it was one of our favorite places ago and we've had every time we go up there, it never disappointed.
Speaker 2: One time I was following my brother in law through this it was a walking trail, you know, nothing like a trail, trail, not maintained. It was either a deer trail or anyway you could walk it. And there's this culvert to my left and there was a big black rock down there, which okay, it's a big black rock. And then there was a bug on my leg and I went to swat it, just like lookdown, went to swat it. I looked back and the rock was gone, gone gone. I'm like, well, okay, time to go back. But yeah, so we've had a lot of experiences in that one particular area. And then we went down to look at the road wash out where the bridge was. Bridge was washed out, and we were just making random pictures because it's kind of cool to see what nature did and wash out. And sure enough we got home just looking at the pictures, not thinking anything of it, and there's a face looking at us from that area. And the thing about that face is it's not too different from the face that we have from a photo in the backyard. So yeah, that was kind of makes you go, huh. They do say they follow you. And honestly, after we go out to one of these places, we always take the long way home. I don't know if it matters or not, but we always take the long way home. Doesn't seem to matter, but that's our experience out there. It's just been at that at that pond was I think my first experience seeing a bigfoot in real life, like in real life, but it was across the pond and it was huge. It was as big as a tree. It was huge, and it was black, and it was I think they were trying to get rid of us. I think it was they were trying to walk us out or whatever. And it was jumping, or it wasn't jumping. It was going from tree to tree, like behind tree tree, so you could just see it. You could just see it and it would go behind another tree, and then it was it was it was kind of wild. It was like it was really wild. It was there and it wasn't It wasn't even trying to hide. Really, it was just going from tree to tree and it was huge. And uh. We have a photo just down the road where we call the First Clan, not the Upper Clan, so the First Clan, and our friend was walking down the road and I took a picture of him because I wanted to scale how bad the road had washed out with it on both sides and on the very top. And I cannot explain this. I cannot explain this. I'm not a tech person. On the top of the photo is a face. It's a real face of I'm gonna say, a sasquatch, a monkey man. It is right there.
Speaker 3: It's like traditionale.
Speaker 2: How the heck you know? I mean, that is not you know, it's nothing that you can imagine. It's right there. It's a face.
Speaker 3: So at this mountain pond there is an old fishing shack, just just a shelter from the weather. I would say, nothing major. It's probably built in the fifties, just now since removed. But it's odd because the trail goes down to the backside of the lake. It's you know, you can get a truck down there if you don't care about your paint. But it's weird because they were like maybe chairs or people would sit and fish at one point in time. And to the back, probably about fifty feet into the tree line on the side of the trail, there's all scrub pine, just you know, quarner in, just young pine trees and they're all the whole road for about fifteen feet the whole top. Like if you're if you were to go hunting and you would sit down the woods, you you would snap trees off around so you get a shooting lane, you know, a vision. And this is exactly what this was like. For about fifteen feet. All the trees have been snapped off at the top of all four feet off the ground and all right, okay, I could see maybe somebody would be hunting would do the same thing. But it's you overlook in the lake. The lake is about twenty feet up. You know, there's a there's a there's a shed or a shack, and then there's a lake. So you have maybe thirty feet You're not gonna see many game animals so I thought it was odd, uh that something would actually snap off all these tree limbs, almost like it was something sitting there observing who was in the shed at one point in time. A little creepy, uh. But after we looked at it and like, this is not normal. No, it was not normal. And they weren't cut with a shedy that was snapped broken off, and there were still brown needles on the tree, so had not been that long ago. But this this area is very active from what and it really upsets the fact that we I mean I have access, I have four wheels and whatnot, but I don't even know if I can get up there to four wheels since the bridge get washed out. And it's really Uh, we were doing an overnight investigation at the bottom half about three three years ago. Two or three years ago, we were doing an overnight investigation. We were really wanted to get up to the pond, but we couldn't, so we said, well, we'll set up here and you know, we'll just doing an investigation from down here. And this guy comes through with a Jeep seventy nine Golden Eagle, I mean classic classic Jeep forty four is on it. I mean just the thing was meant to be where it was, and the guy, like I said, you're not going to have any luck with that jeep getting up that trail. He goes, I'll find out for myself. I'm like, you, not yourself out, and I'll say it. Within a half an hour after he got off the rocks, he came back through his say, yeah, we're not getting up that trail. So it's kind there is a walking trail to give him in the backside. My buddy and I have been all over that mountain with a jeep and we cannot find another way to get to that pond. And I'm not able to walk four miles up there. But where we have where we are here in May, we've had a lot of activity. We were my wife and I were sitting out here just last summer. Uh sitting on a porch. It's three season windowed porch and uh, just sitting here mine O business, playing on Facebook, I guess. And next thing you know, it is rock It's the house.
Speaker 2: Sounded like a gun.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't know how I didn't break a window. I really, I'll be honest with My wife got up and screamed at it. Whatever it was left. But I mean we found a rock on the edge of the driveway.
Speaker 2: On lawn because because our where we are, there's a lot of white sand beaches around the lakes and rivers and our driveway is basically all sand. So finding a rock wasn't that hard. And it was a small rock, and uh I put it in our little garden on top of a big white rock that we had gotten from western Massachusetts, and uh I put it on and it was gone the next day, and I found it and I put it back, and it was gone the next day and I found it and I put it back and it finally stayed. But I mean, it was not gone gone. It was just like a foot away from the other rock, like it had been knocked off. And I don't think.
Speaker 3: The squirrel would have been no, and it's it's fenced in anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was fenced in. So it was just weird and anyway, so we had the rock. But yeah, it sounded like a gunshot. I am telling you it would. It was loud, loud, it had velocity and it was not like a child. It was loud.
Speaker 3: So this is this is pretty cool. We came up last week just before Fourth of July and I bought an American flag with a new flagpole to put on the porch, and so I did that. I think it was the day before fourth July, two days before, so it was last week Wednesday, I guess. And I don't know if you've ever put a flag on a flagpole, but the clips are unbearable. I have arthritis and my thing isn't It took me, I would say, good fifteen minutes to get these grommets clipped onto the flag pole. It was a pain in the butt. And uh so I put it up. I screwed it on the side of the porch, and I was pretty happy with him. I got no very patriotic and uh my wife got up the next morning to let the dogs out and she's like, hey, if your flag's on the ground, She's like, what could have flags on the ground. And I'm like, I'm thinking maybe the wind tow of the fabric. And they flopped around and both clips were unclipped. Nothing was ripped on the flag whatsoever. And the flag was just placed on the ground ripe below the flagpole. And there's no way because I put enough flag back up. I'm like, there's no way that thing, haymine clip And then oddly enough, my wife's like, hey, come on and check the driveway. And we have a sand we have a dirt driveway, and we had a footprint which I have photographed as well, a barefootprint.
Speaker 2: You can pick out the toes.
Speaker 3: You could see the toes definitively see the toes, and she marked the two unk owns. Looking at the footprint, it was a juvenile. It was maybe a little bit bigger than my foot, a little bit wider than my foot, probably twelve thirteen uh and we've I have photographs of eighteen plus footprints. It was seven foot seven foot wide, uh.
Speaker 2: No seven foot span between.
Speaker 3: Sixty four inch span between footprints, so a heck of a stride on the adults. This one, I would say it was just one definitive print before it got onto the lawn. But that was odd because it literally took me another twenty minutes put the flag back up on the hooks and there was nothing torn. It was nothing ripped. That wasn't that windy that would make that happen. So that was that's our latest experience.
Speaker 2: We've also had last year we had some experiences in the backyard I was, well, we put an apple out there, because as honestly, you're not supposed to bath them, but you know, whatever, we did. So we put it on an apple out there, and nothing ever touched it was on top of a canoe and nothing ever touched it, and it was starting to get rotten, and I'm like, well, I don't want it, you know, getting rotten on the bottom of the canoe. So I picked it up. I threw it into the woods, and the course of my dog was like, oh, is not a ball, So he was started to run after it. And when he ran after it, there's a place in the woods about one hundred and fifty yards and there's somebody dumped an old oil tank back there, and a tree went down, like a tree went down, like it went bang down. And at that point I'm like, okay, let's go back. And I called dog back, and he's a rottweiler, so you know, but it doesn't matter because these things don't really care. And so I called him back. And then at that night we were out and I'd say it was around nine o'clock and we started taking pictures and we get a picture of an orb, a couple of orbs, and they were just like flying around. It was happened to be a full moment, and they were just like flying around and up and down all these crazy features. And we took a couple of pictures that afternoon and you can definitively see a face up in the up in the branches. It had to be about ten or twelve feet high, and it matched the photo that was taken down by the river that one time when we were taking pictures of the wash out and my son saw it and he's like, well, that doesn't look like a big but that looks more like a gnome because it's very black and it's definitive and you can see the nose and the eyes and you can see it's just there. You can see it, and it's watching us. And that was an that was I guess the afternoon, because you don't really take pictures at night. We don't really go out at night too much because because I don't want to. And so we posted the pictures of the orb online and somebody said, oh, that's a shine reflection of the moon is shine. So I froze the video and I blew it up, and that is not a reflection. It has it is not a reflection. You have to see the picture. It was bouncing all around and it is not is it has it almost looks metallic. It almost looks it's like it has two two eyes, not eyes, but two all right. So if you had fly eyes, because of all of the little capsules and everything in a fly's eyes, it looked like two flies eyes on a spear. And that is not a reflection of anything. So we've had that, and uh, always get the naysayers. And then one time when my husband was he was in the hospital because he broke his hip. Well, the dog broke his hip, and uh, I got home from the hospital late with my son because my son came up to check on him. And I was out in the driveway and I have a special whistle for my dog. It's not because you know, sometimes you get these people there like, hey, I'll just whistle for the dog and they'll come to me. Well, so now we have a special whistle, which is come. And I was out in the yard and it was after nine o'clock at night, which I don't particularly like to go out at night, and I whistled for him, and something whistled back my whistle. The whistle that I made, I mean the tomb that I made up, and I just like okay, and I grabbed the dog and we both went in. And he didn't even like he's like no, I want to stay out. No, he was like, okay, let's go in. And then yeah, and then I was out here on the porch one time, and this is odd. I was just sitting here reading and I heard mommy and I'm like, oh, last weird and it went mommy, and I'm like, okay, it went and then it started going momy, like it had two different voices, like one was really deep and it went mommy, and then it stopped and I was like, well that that's really weird. And I went in and I was like did you hear that? He was in the bathroom, which is right off the porch. I'm like, did you hear that? And he's like I did, but it wasn't it was. He's just like, yeah, no, that wasn't natural. Now, we've had mockingbirds, and mockingbirds are different. Mockingbirds are. We had a mocking bird that would say Eric, it'll go Eric here Eric, and it will be from one tree to another tree to another tree, and you could hear it, and it was it was a mocking bird. This was not a mocking bird.
Speaker 3: This was.
Speaker 2: Just weird and unsettling because it went from mommy like a child's voice to a mommy like a weird like like he couldn't control its voice or whatever.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was just very strange. So, yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Both are two different two different sides of the house, which is pretty odd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we've had a one night during the night that this is weird and I don't usually talk about this. We were out there during the full moon when we were taking the pictures of the orb and everything, and there's a tree, very very tall pine tree, and the top is just by itself and you can see through the branches. It's a big pine tree. And I looked up there and there was something in the top of that pine tree. It was black and there was something in the top of that pine tree. And I called Eric and he doesn't move that fast, and I watched it. It went from black, like the whole top of the tree was black, like you couldn't see through it. It was black, and then it just like slowly phased out, like it just phased out, like it went from black to now you can see through all the train, you can see the branches, and it was just extremely strange. And yeah, so yeah, yeah, there's weird things that happen up here all the time, and so yeah, we try not to go out at night, at least I try not to go out at night anymore. There was another time where our dog, he's a rott Whiler, but you know, rott Wilers have many different personalities, and he's a baby, well he's a baby, but he's incredibly protective. He just, yeah, we don't have neighbors come over unannounced. So there's this group of trees on the side of our driveway and I've always felt odd about it. And sometimes it's like black, like you can't see through it, like it's like really dense, and other times you can see light through it. And not long after we had the orbs and everything happened in the backyard. My dog, which is I don't know if you have dogs or not, but that's his poop area and he would go over there to poop, and he didn't. He stayed about twenty feet away, and if he was a pointer, he would have been pointing at it. His head was down he wasn't moving, he was just stopped still, just stopped, and just like stared and stared and stared at that particular group of thick trees. And yeah, so I kind of figured that there was something there that maybe he shouldn't be getting into. And he kind of thought the same thing too. So after a few minutes and I called him back and I'm like, yeah, yeah, we're not going to go down there today. And then after a day it was fine, and he went back and he had his in a little poop spot and everything seemed to be fine. But there, what I really want to say is that they are literally around you all the time. Whether you know it or not, they are around you. This is kind of funny. When I was a very small child up here in Maine, I would sneak We have one of those old Franklin wood stove, so that tells you I was probably five at the time, and I would sneak underneath the wood stove. And there was a time now we're talking sixty years ago, maybe nineteen sixty, nineteen seventy, yeah, early mid sixties, and maybe it's I don't know, doesn't matter. So I would hide under there, and there was this one time where if you know anything about may or about the old generation, the men folk came over one night, the men folk. The women folk were not invited. The women folk were not invited, which was weird because it was in the kitchen, so it was just weird. And the men folk came over and there was my grandfather and my uncles and a couple of my older cousins, so they didn't know I was underneath the stove, and they were talking about going out and getting the wood booker. Uh no, it wasn't a wood booker. What did they call it, oh, a wood devil? A wood devil. They were talking about going out and getting the wood devil. And they all came in. And the other thing that was weird was even at five years old, I knew that nobody, nobody wore boots in Grandma's kitchen. Nobody. And they came in. They had the boots and they had the guns, and they were all gun out and they were going to get the wood devil. And you know, I was like five or six, and at the time I was thinking bugs Bunny, the Tasmanian devil. I'm like, why would they be going after a Tasmanian you know, I mean I was six years old, but I specifically remember them in the kitchen talking about going after the wood devil. And you know, at six years old, I had no I didn't know. I just put it to bugs bunny, you know, the Tasmanian devil, and so I always thought that was weird, because yeah, it was just a weird thing that.
Speaker 3: Never they never put it together till pubably a couple of years back. Now, yeah, it make sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so it was they've been up here, They've been up here for years. They're probably going to be up here until we leave. And yeah, so yeah, we've had a lot of experiences. I wish I could send you some of the pictures, especially the ORB because that's that's weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if if you ever be more than happy to share. We do have vocalizations that I've recorded, We do have the ORBS photographs, we have photos. So I mean, as far as that goes, we have we have enough evidence that it makes us happy. And then the fact that we belong to a couple different associations and we see what people gather out there for info. We've been you know, on on the channels listening to Discovery all that we've we've seen them, done them.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't even listen to those anymore. This stupid. We just yeah, if we can find them off a logging trail in our backyard.
Speaker 3: What some of these guys they go there in the.
Speaker 2: Broad and broad daylight because we don't go out at night.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's not they're not that hard if once you find out what you're looking for. Uh, And we we do it all the time. My buddy comes up and uh, I won't say, he lives in Massachusetts. We'll talk about that, but he comes up and won't. We'll jump in. We all have full wheel drives and whatnot, full wheels, and so we go up and wait, wait, we have fun with it anyway. It's a hobby of art.
Speaker 2: So there was this We were out back roading one time. It was a logging trail and my husband couldn't walk very well at the time. But there's this beautiful little beach. I mean, you just walk down this wash out and it's just like this beautiful little beach. I don't know, it looks like paradise to me. And it's you know, there's ferns around the edge. And then there's this white pebble beach and then there's sand and it's just this little nice river running through and it's just a beautiful area. So and he couldn't make it down there, so I wanted to go down there and take pictures to show him what it was like, you know, for when he got better and he could come down and look at it. And so I was down there by myself and he is up in the truck. Like you have to walk up a pretty steep hill to get up a washout, Yeah, three four hundred yards up this, and I got walked out. There was something pacing me. And I am telling you right now that when people say that they were paced out and you're listening to it on the radio or you're listening to it wherever, they're like, oh, somebody walked out, blah blah blah blah, it's really scary. Like by the time I got to the truck, I'm like okay, I'm like, I'm like, okay, well, I just don't have the door locked. Just let me in. And I jumped in there and I was just like breathing for a few minutes, and like I just got walked out. I just got paste out and he's like from where I'm like, from down there, So uh, it was scary. So the next time somebody says they were paste out, not so much fun. So, and that was an area where we am where we saw where we didn't see them that you know they're there after a while, you just kind of like know they're there. They're like when you look into the trees and you see something that's blacker than black, Like there's dense forest and you can still see light through it, but when there's blacker than black, that they're there. And we were not far from that area, and uh yeah they were. They were there, and we had a rock thrown at the truck down there, and uh yeah, it's it's scarier than you think. So yeah, so don't always go looking for them, especially at night. You got to be respectful. So I think that about does it for us. I think that's about all of our experiences. We're probably forgetting a few because it's just been so many, but those are the ones that stand out.
Speaker 1: Now that you've known what it's like to have them around as almost a constant presence for all these years, do you think your life would be boring? Now if they weren't around, Well, I'll.
Speaker 3: Tell you what. When I when I'm over the lawn out back, I always have my eyes a tree line. I'll pay honest with yes, no that you doing.
Speaker 1: I don't blame you. If you've had a bigfoot sighting and I would like to be a guest, please go to bigfoote witness dot com and let me know hid when the bear was staring at that huge sasquatch at the lake that day, did the beer seem to be more fearful of the sasquatch or more so just trying to figure out what it was that it was looking at.
Speaker 2: Well, i'll tell you what. It was sitting down and it was staring at that sasquatch like we were there. You would think a bear would look at us because we were making noise, and he was not interested in us at all. He was glued to whatever that was. And I mean his air, his ears weren't back, he wasn't moving, but he was just like zoned in on that. It wasn't like it was kind of like, I don't know how to say it to you. It wasn't like he wasn't moving. He sat there for quite a while and he just scared at it. I don't know if he was too scared to move or if he wanted to move or whatnot. But that particular area, on that particular day, we have a lot of pictures of evidence, and somebody said that it was a what do they call it where they have babies, a nursery for it, because they had somebody who was looking at the pictures and going, there's a lot there, and they were saying that it looks like a nursery, and that particular sasquatch that the bear was looking at was on the say, it was on the right side of the lake, and the saasquatch, the huge sasasquatch I saw, was on the left side of the lake. It was almost like they were protecting the area. And that was when we kind of got like, uh, walked out, like shown the way to go out. There were various various big ones there, but they were definitely yeah, I usually mirror the whole way home. Yeah, yeah, they were.
Speaker 3: They were. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Somebody said was a nursery, and that would make complete sense because there were so many large males in one area. And like I said, that was the top area where the lake was, and then there were definitive huge crosses like the trees were like the crosses were easy fifteen twenty feet tall. And I did go in and look at them, just to make sure that they didn't have like a tree fall. So I went in and looked at the roots, and there were no roots. Nothing fell. They were placed there. So, like my husband said, I think there was a clan on the top and another clan on the bottom. I can't definitively say so because I don't know that much about sasquatch, but it would make sense to us because it was definitely another clan on the bottom. But yeah, so it's been, it's been kind of wild, and that's uh yeah. So, like I said, we don't go out at night. I wish I could send you the pictures of those orbs, because like I said, it was weird. They weren't. It wasn't reflective, it wasn't shine. It was when we blew it up. It was definitely a sphere, not a round sphere, but like an oval sphere with like two bug eyes on one end. And that's the best way I can say it, like fly eyes. So it was very strange. And then the photo that we have from the backyard looks a lot like the photo that we got when we were taking pictures of the washed out bridge. They don't necessarily look like the SaaS quatch you've seen because the pictures of the one in the back it looks like he doesn't have any fur on his face. He's black, like not like black, but like ebony, like a dark ebony. And uh yeah, and like my son said, it looks like a troll. It doesn't look like uh oh yeah. I forgot to mention that we had we also have a I don't know how to explain it little people. Well, I don't know how there.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have put this together.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: I was out here on the porch last summer, and my truck is usually part facing the barn, and I happened to look out for whatever reason it was, and I saw it what look like a little butt running past my from underneath my truck towards the barn. And the barn's riddled with tiger lilies and whatnot, so there's a lot of ground faun it. And I did really put two and two together that day, but I mentioned it to my wife and like that was odd and I really, it was that quick. It happened so quick. And then we would listening to some sort of a podcast I think, well maybe six months ago, and they started talking about little people and I'm like, wait a minute, and so remember that thing I saw last summer and it looked like the butt end and it.
Speaker 2: Was it was. The podcast was about the triangle in massapon.
Speaker 3: The yeah, about the triangle in Massachusetts what they call it, the Dinnington Triangle. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, And they were talking about little people and I'm like, wait a minute, and I'm not uh fixated on little people.
Speaker 5: It just never occurred to me. But then I said, thinking about it, I'm like, wait a minute, I think I saw one.
Speaker 3: And it was just it was happened so quick, you know, it was it was, it was gone, and I really didn't dwell on it. And I didn't you know, I hadn't seen it before, and I wouldn't have even thought about it until I heard the podcast and they were talking about the triangle and the little people. And so I mentioned to my buddy Greg, I'm like, hey, have you.
Speaker 5: Ever heard of these these things?
Speaker 3: And Greg's like, yeah, definitely, because I really don't know that much about them. But now I'm intrigued because, like I said, behind the house, there's it's it's God's country.
Speaker 5: Back there, there's you know, bear.
Speaker 3: This, dear this moves. And now, like I said, what all the activity you have when I'm up the mulling the lawn and whatnot, stacking wood. I always keep one eye over my shoulder out these days, just you.
Speaker 1: Know, I well, that's understandable. As if it wasn't exciting enough to have the sasquatch around, now you know you have little people around.
Speaker 3: Holy cow, That's all I can affiliate it with because I, like I said, I've I've done those in my entire life, and I've seen pretty much every fur bearing creator there is.
Speaker 5: If I haven't had it hanging on my wall. But this really alluded me.
Speaker 3: I can't explain it until, like I said, I mentioned it to my buddy Greg and He's like, Yep, I've heard of those. And it all kind of came to puition when I heard about the triangle in the Massachusetts, which I've known of for quite some time.
Speaker 5: We've done I've done a lot of work.
Speaker 3: Out in that area Western mass the Coven Reservoir area.
Speaker 5: I've done. There's a lot of land out there. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's like there's something else now that we're totally unaware of. But you know, only you're not a lot of people talk about them. You know, they're not as popular as the wolf Man and it was a Sasquatch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not as many people talk about them. But as you know, you're listening to that one podcast, people do. So it's hard to say where your experiences with these little guys are going to go in the upcoming years. You might have more experiences with them down the road than you've had with sasquatch. It's just really hard to say.
Speaker 3: What's odd is like I said, I I spent a lot of time in the woods. I don't as much now because i can't get around, but I've got three stands all around in my backyard. I'm If I'm not in the three stand during hunt season, I'm not, you know, I'm working. And then I usually take my vacation during hunting seasons. And I spent a tremendous amount of time in the woods as a kid. You know, that's all you did. You know, as you know, growing up in the in the eighties, whatnot there were no cell phones. You got you you went up with your buddies all day along the woods, you played tree tag, whatever you did out there, and I never I never, if I had, i'd never you know, dawned on me.
Speaker 5: But now, like I said, now that it's more prominent, Like I said.
Speaker 3: I think, what was it in search of back in the seventies, Leonard Damoy, But it was about the first time you ever heard about well that and the uh, the two guys out there in the creek Pendleton, I guess this is his name there.
Speaker 5: Pattison films.
Speaker 3: It was about all you had growing up as a kid as far as evidence went. And then of course now it's a lot more prominence, a lot more people talking about it.
Speaker 5: And like you said, we joined. I can't tell you how many chapters I've joined, but a lot of it. You know, you hear people.
Speaker 3: Here out there there there laundry, and it's like, yeah, okay, Like I said, we belonged to a couple of chapters. And it's like some of the people you you hang with, they're like, yeah, no, they're not not on your level. And it's taken us a long time.
Speaker 5: To gain to get where we are uh, and confidence and knowing what we're what to look for now. And so it's it's a it's a it's a cool hobby.
Speaker 3: It's it's a lot of fun. Like I said, we have a sasquatch for our little box. It has all the castings and our infrared parabolics and you know, we'll stay out here tonight. We'll just you know, shut everything off, we'll listen to We'll just put a parabolics on for about an hour or so and just listen to the woods. And you'd be amazed what you hear that's not normal?
Speaker 1: Well, I can only imagine the things that you hear. Yeah, I don't doubt that at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the fact, we've had chances to record a few of the vocalizations.
Speaker 5: Like I said, I was out here one night. I'm like, is that tonight that I did?
Speaker 3: And I got out and got my cell phone and I was able to actually capture a howl uh across the street. I roa is probably about one hundred feet from my driveway. So, and then beyond that is this mountain range. So and these things echo and we have coyotes, don't get me.
Speaker 5: I have coyotes running up, up and down.
Speaker 3: Hear them chasing deer all the time, especially when when the time you're home run deer and there's a difference between a coyote howl and let's ask watch college.
Speaker 5: You'll hear yips, yikes, yaps and.
Speaker 3: Barks and whatnot, and then you had this howl that you have to have a lung capacity of a fifty gallon blown to get out.
Speaker 5: That's how long these things are. Let go for it.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, you smokes, that's some one capacity. And we've farn them on several occasions. We go up to Errol in New Hampshire, which is northern, you know, the northern part of the state, and there's a big there's big ranges out there you can just sit on and and do your your calling and whatnot, and you'll hit it. Every once in a while you'll get a call back and uh, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cool, doesn't do it any justice. That's something else. Eric, you told us about those overnight investigations that you and Hidey go on. When you go on them, though, do you have any concerns about your safety?
Speaker 3: I carry a forty five slide arm, not that it will probably penetrate one. But it's at least it's something. I mean, I have an arsenal. But when they when we do the and again I don't pipping around the woods is not my forte anymore, especially in the dark and we have the miners lamps and all that whatnot. But I will typically hang out of camp and keep the fire rolling. And uh you hear you can hear plenty from the camp. You don't need to go trip around the woods applying evidence. But no, I I mean most of the people that that that you do these excursions, the experienced ones will carry their pack.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: Also, as you know talking about sitting around camp, you're probably gonna have more luck with them just coming to you than most people would have beating off into the bushes looking for this is.
Speaker 3: This is ninety percent of the luck I think is they're they're carrious by nature. From more I can gather, they're more curious about you than you are them. And like I said, ninety percent of my our action is just random shots. They're there. I can't tell you how many times I probably walk by them and not known. So when you you you just go out random areas and will take some take some random pol video or photos and then go home for you fifty in screen TV and you start dissecting. You're like, oh, well he smokes. You know, so they're watching you the whole time you're out there. You may not realize it.
Speaker 2: Eric used to make fun of me because I had a spidery sense and I would know when they were around, because you do after a while, you just kind of do you know when they're around. So the first places that we went where the two clans were, everything was fine until you know that one time they're like, okay, you're getting annoying. And then we left. And then the other place that we went and I walked out on that place was very I don't want to say benevolent, but it was you could tell they did not want you there. It was just you got a bad feeling and they did not want you there, and it was like okay. And I do believe that there are different ones different you know, like humans, there some that are patient and others that aren't. So the ones around our house, I believe are they know we're here, curious, they're curious, and you don't get any sense of danger or anything like that. It's I don't go out there at night, just because some of the faces that we've seen in the woods are very scary. And then having that whistle back that one night, that was not cool. That was not cool when you're out there and you give a whistle to your dog and something whistles back at you and you're like, no, that was not fun at all. So there are times like that, But I do believe that there are some that are just like, don't come near us, which is where I feel like I was walked out, and like the ones around our house. I mean it's cool. I don't go high in the woods around the house. I don't go hiking in the woods without at least another person and a dog, just because you want to know what's there. And the other interesting thing is that we don't have bears raccoons. We have nothing around our house. Down in southern New Hampshire, we have bears and raccoons because they're constantly in our trash and it's hard to keep them out. But up here where you see bear in the woods and you see bear tracks, we don't have them around at all. They don't come around the yard. There's nothing, So I find that very odd. Find that very odd, and it's just one of those things that you know, I mean, you might not even think about it, but if you put all the clues together, they're there, and they're definitely, Yeah, they're here. I mean I've heard them, you know, I I've heard them. I've heard them at back and yeah, they're definitely here.
Speaker 1: Well, like I said, what an exciting life you two live. And I'm sure it's not lost on you. A lot of people listening to this would give their left arms to trade places with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it is, and it isn't. Uh So it is restrictive. So when we first moved up here, and you know, YadA YadA, YadA, when I was a kid and we were living up here, I'd hike out and was all day long, go do this, go do that. And now not so much. Now it's like, uh, now we'll stay in a yard and we'll.
Speaker 3: Just like I said, you don't even have to leave the vehicle to see them.
Speaker 2: You don't, you don't. And that's that's what kind of all of these Sasquad shows where they go out and they set up these parabolics and they do all this and it's like, well they're right there. I don't understand. Maybe maybe they get scared away by the equipment.
Speaker 3: When I've heard if you ever want to get rid of a saasquatch, put it into your camera. Up for what I am, they just avoid them like to play. I don't know. Back back in the old days, the game cameras were real the reel. Uh, they didn't. They didn't admit like a sonic like a digital camera does.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm sure they give off some sort of a frequency. Uh. In the old days, they did not. That's why they were more productive in my opinion. Take it or leave it, but that's my opinion.
Speaker 6: I've had trail cameras out my entire life, and I've never caught anything on video on a on a game camera. Back in the days, back in the early eighties, I had real the reels, but I.
Speaker 3: Was never looking for you know, it was not a sasquatch.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: The other thing.
Speaker 2: The other thing that I don't know if people there's controversy about this, but they climb trees. They they are in trees. They are definitely in trees. Not maybe not the big ones, maybe not the twelve footers. But the juveniles, Oh, they are in the trees, and if you see one, there's definitely definitely more than one around. They don't go by themselves, and yeah, so they are family unit and they you know, they might not stay right next to each other, but it's like kids on a playground. They go fifty feet this way, six hundred feet that way, whatever, but there's still within an area. And that I definitely believe because because they are.
Speaker 7: And you know, the nurseries that we spoke of down below the mountain pond, we've got tracks, like I said, sixty four inch stride between footprints. Footprints were seventeen inches long, seven inches wide, and in the same the same spot, we've got these big, good adults. We've got photos of juveniles up in trees in the same spot. That's why we kind of assumed that it might be a nursery of some sort.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sounds like you've got a little bit of everything when it comes to sasquatch run your proce property. But I think that's kind of a reflection of the idea that these guys feel very comfortable there. At least that's the impression that I've got. But having said that, I can't thank you too enough for coming on and sharing all these experiences with us. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a pleasure. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you're welcome. It's been a lot of fun. And remember if I can never help you out, please let me know.
Speaker 2: Okay, sounds great.
Speaker 1: Great, Well, thanks again so much for your time, and have a great night. That's it for another episode of Bigfoot Eyewitness Radio with Vic Kundiff. If you've had a sasquatch encounter and.
Speaker 3: Would like to be a guest on the show, please go to Bigfoot eyewitness dot com and submit a report.
Speaker 2: We'd love to hear from you.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening, have a great night.