Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. In the games, Mike the Bulldog beyond you on jr R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page, brought you by our iHeartRadio Music Festival. Three more chances win flyaways in one thousand bucks today for listening on the job at nine oh five. Your first keyword to be ready to text to two hundred two hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah you heard that part. Text it to two hundred and two hundred.
Speaker 2: All right, dog. Obviously much to discuss this morning, sir, Where are you going to begin? Oklahoma City? Last night in a still shocked building. Wow.
Speaker 3: Tyres Halliburton does it again for the Indiana Pacers. They pull off another last second comeback. They beat the heavily favored, number one seated Oklahoma City Thunder in their own building last night, one eleven, one ten. Haliburton hits. The shot was zero point three seconds left. He's hit four either game tang or game winning shots in the last second during these playoffs. He's been unbelievable. He is missed a big shot, no question about it. The Pacers take a one to zero lead in this series. The Pacers turned the ball over twenty five times they trailed by fifteen points in the fourth quarter against the team with the best.
Speaker 2: Home record in the NBA.
Speaker 3: They had no answer for Shay Gildess Alexander, the MVP of the league, who scored thirty eight last night, but they still won the game the.
Speaker 2: Final again, the final score was their only lead of the night. Right, Yeah, believable man talk.
Speaker 1: I told Pat I went to sleep at halftime because they were up by I think I had ten or something. Okac he was and I said, yeah, why am I gonna waste the time? I know who's gonna win the whole series? He told me this morning.
Speaker 4: Who want to? Oh my god?
Speaker 3: By the way, this fifth time, this is the fifth time of the postseason, in the postseason that Indiana has rallied from fifteen points uh, fifteen points down or more. Incredible, So yeah, they're they're in credib Well. By the way, go read my column in the Orlando Sentinel and you'll realize that the Orlando Magic are actually responsible for both of these teams being in the finals based on a trade they made in twenty six There is.
Speaker 2: A link to that on the jar Facebook if you want to go that route as well. All right. Bulldog Stanley Cup finals continue tonight with Game two from Edmonton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we need to win tonight. The Panthers need to win the game tonight. Edmonton's had their fun, they won game won, so we'll probably win tonight. I think it's still going to be a gentleman's sweep for my Panthers, but we'll see what happens tonight.
Speaker 1: Is that what you call it a gentleman's sweep? That's what you call when they didn't do it sweep verdict.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you let the other team have one game just to be polite, Okay, just to be gentlemanly.
Speaker 4: I hear you.
Speaker 3: So, Texas Tech man, they come back. Last night in the Women's World Series. Nijari Kennedy, the star pitcher for Texas Tech, the first million dollar player and women's softball. She sort of blew the game in Game one when she was trying to intentionally walk the Texas player and the Texas players swings at it and you know, gets the game winning hit.
Speaker 1: Well, last night, last batter.
Speaker 3: She just went right at her boom boom boom, struck her out on three pitches and Texas Tech ties the College World Series one game apiece the deciding game three will beat tonight. I know you guys will be tuned in for that big news. In the NFL, Aaron Rodgers, a Rodgs, the Ayahuasca Kid, going to the Pittsburg Steelers. He signs a one year deal last or yesterday, so everybody sort of assumed he was going to end up with the Steelers because the Steelers made no real moves at quarterbacks. And now Aaron Rodgers, forty one years old, will quarterback the Steelers next year. And I know Aaron Rodgers name still has a lot of casheat. He's a four time MVP. This is a splashy signing by one of the league's most respected franchises. But when you boil this down, this is simply an aging over the hill quarterback signing with a sort of proud but desperate franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in forever. Do you guys think this is gonna turn out?
Speaker 2: Well? I don't. I don't, And I think what this is to extend on your thought, there is a guy hoping to go out on his own terms with a spectacular phoenix rising from the ashes type season, which that'd be nice it'd be a great story.
Speaker 1: But come on, I think that they're gonna make it at least into the playoffs with him, and maybe he'll do well next season once he gets peace. I'm I'm a raw you know me. I'm team namer A roj and Terry Bradshaw. I have a question for you, mister Terry Bradshaw. How that taste? What Terry Bradshaw did well? Bradshaw made well. It was while you were on vacation. Bradshaw was like, man, he wished that Aaron Rodgers would just stay in the desert and eating mushrooms and talking to the gods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: You think you think they're gonna make the playoffs. I think it's gonna be a flaming dumpster fire myself.
Speaker 1: I say playoffs, you go, dumpster fire?
Speaker 4: Pat, I say, injured by mid season? Oh god, okay, I'm ready they get injured. Anthony Richardson, the former Gator quarterback number four overall pick by the Colts a couple of years ago in the draft. He's hurt again. Now he's hurt again, shoulder injury. They don't know when he's gonna be back, don't even know if he'll be back by training camp. So Anthony, is it time to declare him a bust?
Speaker 1: By the way, I predicted it before he even got to the NFL, when I watched him in Gainesville a couple.
Speaker 2: Of games watching it.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's a freak athlete, but he's a China doll. He's just He's just a China doll. He can't stay healthy.
Speaker 1: And when you leave a game, you know, in the middle of it, you just walk off the field because you're tired.
Speaker 3: You mean when he tapped out, Yeah.
Speaker 1: He tapped out.
Speaker 2: He was that dude.
Speaker 1: Seriously, I've told both of you guys going to those Gators games, he was hot and cold. You'd sit there and go, God, this guy's awesome, and then you'd say, this guy sucks.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's real quick. You're mister Motorsports. So NASCAR's in Michigan this week. You want to explain how this in season tournament.
Speaker 2: I'm not even gonna attempt to No, No, come on, man.
Speaker 3: They're starting their in season tournament this week in Michigan, and I'm trying to figure out. I don't even quite understand how their playoffs work. Just now, we're going to the in season tournament, which I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Man, I sometimes I just shake my head at some of the At least NASCAR has a willingness to, you know, try to change and roll and do different stuff.
Speaker 3: But no, NBA now is an n season tournament. MLS obviously has in season tournaments. Now I'm NASCAR. Why don't these these sports leagues just just admit, hey, our season's too long. Okay, maybe we should just shorten our season so we don't have to have these in season tournaments to try to keep people interested.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 1: Agree?
Speaker 4: I agree?
Speaker 2: No, no F one desk action this week. F one is off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what That's what's making NASCAR do all this stuff too. Is F one's scaring them.
Speaker 2: Maybe a few years ago, I think that threat is kind of backed off a little bit.
Speaker 1: You're hearing this in the background, Hey, Dog, I wrote down our predictions for a Rodge again to recap. I took a picture as well, Dog dumpster fire Pat injured halfway through the season and me playoffs we go.
Speaker 2: There you go. You know, you know what this feels like to me? Real quick?
Speaker 3: This feels like, Yeah, the Steelers obviously had passed glory a rodds. They feel like sort of the the guy going through the midlife crisis, trying to recapture their glory, right right, buying a Mazda Miata, you know, getting hair plugs.
Speaker 2: I think it's a.
Speaker 1: Corvette, not a Miada.
Speaker 2: He is Mike the Bulldog Bianchi, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty and FF ninety six to night a game weekday morning sad Jason does and he takes the time out to come over here to j r r for the sports page.
Speaker 3: By the way, Happy birthday to the great guitarist Steve i Into Gary us bonds Lujinako on demand to download the iHeartRadio app