Speaker 1: This is WBZ Boston's news radio redefining.
Speaker 2: Local news.
Speaker 1: Sixty seven degrees in Boston at four o'clock, Good Afternoon on Ben Parker. Here's what's happening. Harvard is refusing to bend under the Trump administration's list of demands. Wbz's Sherry Small explains.
Speaker 3: Harvard University stands up to the Trump administration, rejecting demands to roll back diversity initiatives and restrict student protests despite the Trump administration's threats to hold back roughly nine billion in federal funding. Harvard President doctor Alan Garber issuing a letter to the Harvard community criticizing the demands as a politically motivated attempt to suppress academic freedom under the guise of combating anti Semitism, saying the majority of the demands represent direct governmental regulation of the intellectual conditions at Harvard and push Harvard to appoint leadership more aligned with the Trump administration's agenda. Garber's stating no administration should control what private universities teach or who they admit and hire. Sherry Small, WBZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: Jury selection is now done for the day in the Karen Reid case in Norfolk Superior Court, and once again there's sixteen jurors seated in this case. Thing is they lost one earlier today and gained another. According to CBS News Boston, eight women and eight men are now sitting on the panel. Judge Beverly Canoni still wants to have eighteen jurors to begin opening statements because of how high profile the case is and how long the trial is expected to take. Jury selection now will continue tomorrow, pushing off opening statements until later this week at the earliest. Read is charged in the death of her boyfriend, Boston Police officer John O'Keefe, second degree murder, manslaughter while operating under the influence of alcohol, and leaving the scene of a personal injury and death. The charges. Readers pleaded not guilty, claim she's the victim of a cover up. While visiting the White House, the President of val Salvador says he won't send back a marylyn man mistakenly deported to his country last month.
Speaker 4: The White House has been arguing one thing on television and a very different thing in court. On TV. Administration officials now say that Kilmar Abrego Garcia was not wrongly deported, that he was involved in human trafficking. That any right he might have had to stay in this country ended when the President deemed MS thirteen a terrorist organization. But they've said none of that to judges and it's unanimous holding. Last week the Supreme Court deemed a Brego Garcia's deportation illegal and it said the administration must facilitate his return.
Speaker 1: That is ABC Stephen Portnoy out of curiosity. Katy Perry went to space today and she liked Dick. The singer was one of six women to go into space and back in less than fifteen minutes and made history by becoming the first multiple astronaut, all female crew to go into space.
Speaker 5: I'm Peter King. CBS's Gail King kissed the ground after leaving the spacecraft. She made no secret of her fear heading into this telling. A Blue Origin interviewer in.
Speaker 4: Structor said that I am her best success story.
Speaker 3: Why because she's never had somebody go through the course who's terrified of flying.
Speaker 5: Entertainer Katie Perry shang, what a wonderful world in zero gravity.
Speaker 3: It's about this wonderful world that we see right out there and appreciating it.
Speaker 5: This is all for the benefit of.
Speaker 1: Earth, Peter King, CBS News. A pretty decent day. Cook it outside. We're in the sixties in many places. In fact, we are almost at seventy degrees in some communities like Malden where it did hit seventy earlier at sixty nine there now. And we are going to have a pretty decent night tonight, at least the early portion. So whatever you're doing from now through the early part of the evening, maybe even a little bit later than what we'd call early, you should be okay. A couple of showers do get in here late tonight as the clouds filter in, keep it out of the sky. You'll see the clouds come in, and when they do go home, just like the old days when you go home for the street lights coming on forty six. Eventually the low tonight with those showers late and then clouds and some breaks of sun tomorrow, but a few showers may pop up as well, and then afternoon thundershowers are possible. Sixty one for the high by Wednesday, not as mild, will be about fifty with mostly cloudy skies and a bit of a wind, so the real fields maybe in the forties on Wednesday. Bundle up and then plenty of sunshine. Not that warm Thursday, but we will get into the mid fifties. Right now, it is sixty seven degrees in Boston. It's small, but not the price. There's a tiny condo in Brookline. It's got a big cost. Nobody busy's, Jeremy Russ's taking a tour.
Speaker 2: It's no secret that it's only getting more expensive to live in Greater Boston, but this listing in particular made my head turn. Five hundred thousand dollars for six hundred or so square feet. Yeah, yeah, totally cozy, cozy and expensive. But real estate agent Matt Montgomery says that's just the price you have to pay nowadays to live in Brookline's exclusive Fisher Hill neighborhood. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean this is one of the premier neighborhoods in Brookline.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, we sell property at one thousand dollars a foot in this neighborhood on a pretty regular basis.
Speaker 2: This place has all the essentials, a kitchen, full bath. But Montgomery says a lot of it comes down to the old adage location, location, location.
Speaker 4: Being so close to you know the city and yet feeling like you're you know a little bit tucked away and the verbs is like really nice.
Speaker 2: Jeremy Russ, WBZ Boston's News.
Speaker 1: Radio, Sarah Palin's lawsuit. Oh, by the way, I should tell you can see more of Jeremy's story on TikTok at WBZ News Radio. All right, that's done now. Sarah Palin's lawsuit, accusing The New York Times of libeling her in an editorial eight years ago, is set for retrial. It started today with jury selection in New York. Maybe we don't say it enough, but Americans we're in love.
Speaker 6: The Arbor Day Foundation's new Canopy report makes it clear Americans love their trees. Around ninety percent say trees and green spaces improve quality of life, and seventy three percent wish their neighborhood had more trees. In fact, sixty three percent even said they would support a tree tax or a fine for cutting down healthy trees on private property.
Speaker 1: That is CBS's Jesse. You are now in the loop. For news updates throughout the day, Listen to WBZ News Radio on the iHeartRadio app. I'm Ben Parker, WBZ Boston's News Radio