Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI A six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: Mark, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show. Good morning, Hi, we only have a couple of minutes here.
Speaker 3: I know this is off the wall question, but you know, I have a environment problem with spurls and rabbits and things, and I wonder if the Bible says anything about poisoning putting poison out for animals. I know the Bible says take care of the animals, but is it bad to get rid of them with poisons and going them.
Speaker 2: You have every right to defend your property and your home from disease and from problems. But what I want to say on top of that is when you poison an animal, and squirrels aren't particularly nasty with disease the way other rodents like a rat, for instance, So they're destructive. They're destructive, and they really The first thing you want to do is you want to try sanitation and property maintenance. You want to go through and make sure you don't have any high protein things laying around, dog food, laying around cat food, laying around things like that that are going to attract them.
Speaker 1: There's ways birds, yes.
Speaker 2: Bird seed is another one that will will attract them and this these all become problems that lure them in. When you poison an animal like that, because they are, you know, in involved with other predators. You could end up killing multiple animals by poisoning a squirrel, right, and that becomes a problem to just the the the ecological line of that animal. So I prefer that you look for as many methods as you can to sanitize your direct area first, or methods that discourage them from being around. But if they're if you have to go to other methods, then hire somebody who's a professional who looks to make the least amount of damage to that animal and others around, because otherwise you just for to expedite the process, you start really causing havoc in your environs, and that's not really fair. So you're called to be a good steward of all things in scripture, meaning animals and the planet and everything around you. Not in the political hug a try sense, but in the very real this is the resources that you have at hand sense and animals fall into that, and just be careful when you're doing that. Don't do it to get it done quickly. There's ways to even catch them and get rid of them and things like that. But just first and foremost, make sure that you're not causing more damage than you're doing. Good Gigi, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 4: Oh for the else, Hi can two seconds? Hi?
Speaker 1: Hello there.
Speaker 4: I am a primary care physician.
Speaker 5: Young lady came to me seeking abortion. I, of course don't do abortion by trade, and I refer to the patient and the.
Speaker 4: Physical After referring to the inset, my staff has to go on the computer and fill out the referral forms and click the button and send it. My saff had significant problems doing that, and she approached me, and I composed and will you finally get it? But I want to know how you would have approached it.
Speaker 2: Well, are you a Christian only facility? No, here's the rough part. When it comes to abortion, it's abhorrent. It is a vulgar display in many ways, and to get into the detail of what's taking place would make most people lose their breakfast. However, I assure you that everybody has made it a political issue, which is to me almost equal as vulgar, because what gets lost on both sides is the fact that there is no one unless there's some bizarre twisted in an individual. There is no one on either side that wants to see a baby die.
Speaker 1: No one. The confusion comes.
Speaker 2: Because there are What really sets the two sides apart is the definition of when it's a baby. So the but no one's setting out to kill babies and I it's that's an ugly thought to think that that's what people are really doing.
Speaker 1: They're not.
Speaker 2: It's just the definition of when it's a baby. So science says something different than theology. Yet as a scientist, you're there representing the laws of the land and medicine to take care of your patients. The law of the land currently says that under certain circumstances, during certain times of the pregnancy, that to abort that pregnancy is okay. If you are in a public facility, your job is to give them the information they need to make the best decisions they can. But the decision is not on you, it's on the individual. Just like in anything, your job is to give them the best information. But the patient can say no, I don't want to take that pill, or no, I don't want to follow up.
Speaker 1: They can even tell you that they don't want you to.
Speaker 2: Resuscitate them right, correct, And you could say that that's against God's will because now you're allowing them to make a decision to not live.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot of weight on you as a physician and in the nursing community as well, that those that are in the medical profession to give the best information, and that's what you're called to do. It's not a point of preaching.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: If you feel that there's an opportunity and you want to make sure that they have the best information on both sides, that's fine. But as far as allowing somebody in the United States to make that decision, there are laws that protect them to be able to do so. And if you're going to be a position in a public in the public arena, they are going to be.
Speaker 1: Allowed to do that.
Speaker 4: So this is a private medical office, but not exclusively a Christian office. And we treat people of faith or not. And my staff is a believer, and so what would you specifically say to the believer, Well.
Speaker 2: If they don't, if they don't feel comfortable with doing that, there might be a way of around that for you to allow someone else to or things of that nature. However, there's a point where if you're going to be in that industry and it is in the United States and it is legal, then there's going to be issues. And she can even or he can even make a claim and say, hey, as a person of faith, this upsets me and I don't want to be a part of it. And that's fair to a certain degree, but there's a point where if the laws are with the laws are, and if you don't want to participate in that, then you know, if you had a Jehovah's witness in there didn't believe in blood transfusions, now that becomes an issue, and that starts to infringe on the individual's right who has a legal right to get a blood transfusion. They're going, well, I don't want to fill out the paperwork or I don't want to do this, and that becomes a little sticky. So if there are ways around it that could be done tactfully and does not impede on the legal rights and the individual rights of the person wanting whatever treatment that is legal, then you can adapt to those. But you can't just halt the system based on your faith, because in that process, you're taking away the rights of an individual that is legal in the United States, and that that becomes a problem as well to those that want to choose that.
Speaker 4: So my comment to myself was that I'm also a believer, and but that's one, I would not have performed the abortion myself.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 4: But two, I it's not in my scope of service either. I'm not an.
Speaker 6: Over but even if I was, when I would be an og in, that would not perform abortions. But if I were an obuan who is whose scope of service includes abortion, I would refer as a patient to.
Speaker 4: A colleague of mind. And because people do have the right to make decisions, whether right or wrong in our eyes, in my eyes, but if I am able to comply with your wishes, then it is my job to point them to someone.
Speaker 6: Else who can work with them.
Speaker 4: And that was my comfo to my staff.
Speaker 6: Do you have any need to add to that.
Speaker 2: No, I think that's a very honest way of approaching it, because if you start becoming the Christian police, it becomes problematic. Now let's say you're a checker at a grocery store and now you're looking at twinkies and ho hos, and the person in front of you is overweight, and you start going, well, I'm not going to sell this to you because you're obviously abusing it or any of those that you start policing everybody's option. And if the freedoms exist in the United States, you have to allow that. Now you don't have to do it yourself in that sense, but your practice has to have somebody that is able to write that referral or to do that. Otherwise it stops being a practice and a medical practice and starts being a religious practice, which becomes a problem. And I think that your consult was very fair and honest and looking at making sure everybody's taken care of, and I think that was the right way to go about it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 2: And thank you for what you do. It's a very important thing that you do. And I know that your faith ties into it and you're praying for people and you're being there, and that makes you even more important out there as a physician. To have the balance between your scientific mind and your spiritual sense as well, I think is a very important part of the medical industry. This is an incredibly difficult subject, but I really want people to hear and to be left with the thought that nobody wants to kill babies. I know that's the easier way to think about it and to look at It's not about that. It's the definition of when they see a baby, and it may be different than yours, and that's part of the fight. Part of the fight is to get science to see that. And as they see that, then that will change. But as if the majority of doctors see that as tissue and not yet a baby, then it won't matter what you do and or say. That's where it will change. But nobody's going around smiling at taking the life of a child. Nobody wants that. No one, no matter how hardcore they are on either side. It's a matter of the definition of when it's a child. There are a lot of decisions that are tough to make as a believer in this world. And you're to be in the world but not of the world, and that means that you are to separate yourself, but you still have to interact with it in a way that is productive and means something. Maybe you've heard the term so spiritually minded, you know, earthly good, and if you get to a place where everything is so spiritual that you shut down existing and connecting as a human being.
Speaker 1: Then it's gone, it's done.
Speaker 2: Then you might as well just be in heaven, because what happens here is God puts you here for a reason. It's to exist and interact with those other humans. To be an example in life as to how one should live. Doesn't mean you're always going to get it right, doesn't mean you're not going to make mistakes. But this constant concept that as a Christian you're just supposed to rebel against everything rather than leading by an example, is not the focus of your purpose here. And that may sound strange, but I will tell you that when it comes to things as weighty as abortion and that topic, and I know that regardless of which side you land on, I know I can hear you tighten up when I even use the word, and automatically your brain switches over to that political view that you have and not about what's really taking place. God sees that child at the moment of conception, but science doesn't yet. And I realize that those things can be frustrating. But I also realize that the same people that would put themselves across the pathway of an abortion clinic in the name of God won't do the same thing across the threshold of a false church or a pastor who is lying or fleecing his flock, And that to me is strange as well. And that shows me that there is a political bent here that is beyond the spiritual and to find that balance and that understanding as to why you believe what you believe and what you're willing to do for your faith when God himself says, fear not those that can kill the flesh, but he who can.
Speaker 1: Kill the spirit. Justin Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 7: Hi, Jesus. I had a question about right after the ability to become saved and accept Jesus as their personal favor, like doing that immediately after resurrection and stuff.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, what are you getting at there?
Speaker 7: Justin Okay, I'm just asking, like in South America and in America is like, how does those people go into hell because they didn't have a chance to Oh.
Speaker 2: You mean, if they didn't if they didn't hear the name of Jesus or the consonants and the vowels that make jes Us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, that's an excellent question. Romans one.
Speaker 2: Romans Chapter one, starting in verse eighteen is a really good place to go when it comes to that question, because it explains the difference between special revelation, which is scripture, or somebody coming and knocking on their door or hut or whatever it may be and saying, hi, I'm a missionary and you need to know Jesus. Well, that's special. That's a very specific revelation, but there's also general revelation. As God says in Romans, chapter one, verse eighteen, it says, for the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth and unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them. For God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world, his invisible attributes, his eternal power, and his divine nature have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. So really, what it's saying there is since the beginning of time that God's attributes, the invisible things of God can be known by creation, So really there is no excuse. It's not about whether somebody comes to your door and tells you about Jesus. It's knowing God to the best of your ability and the circumstances you are. In the same way, if somebody had a mental deficiency or a child and Heaven forbid, but their life is taken, then they are accountable for what they can know or what they did know. It's not about ignorance. That's not what Heaven's about. That's not what salvation's about. It's not about ignorance. It's about acceptance or rejection of the truth. So in Romans, it's talking about that that truth can be known by looking at God's creation what some people call nature, looking at those things and seeing and that it's imprinted on your heart to know and to seek God. And that's enough in those circumstances. Sarah, Welcome to the Jesus Christ Show.
Speaker 8: Emily, thanks for taking recall. This is the first time I listened to your show, and I like the topics, and I like the advice and support that you've given this morning. Well, welcome a Christian and I believe in God and I have very strong fate this morning, though I have a question. Is that is something that I'm struggling with at work. I thought I would be bold and call it in.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what's going on?
Speaker 8: So in my I left the job that I was in for fourteen years because it was just like overwhelming with task and completing task right with managerial role. So now I found myself in that similar role. I was promoted and it's just like my struggles are I have deadlines to complete things. In front of most parts, I can complete them, but it's like I usually have like twenty things I have to do one time, and it's very hard to complete task timely. And I know if I just focus on one thing, you get one thing done at a time, then that's how I get through it. But it just seems like I'm always working struggling to get hurt. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Well, sure, don't you say that that at work you have uh there's a multitude of tasks that all need to be done at the same time. Now does that mean that they all need to be completed at the same time or you say in one day you.
Speaker 1: Have a bunch of tasks and they all need to be done in one day.
Speaker 8: There's a bunch of tasks to be completed, requests from people, managers, internal, external, So it's just you know, the time antement. I think that's my biggest struggle.
Speaker 1: Where do you think the time is going?
Speaker 7: If?
Speaker 2: If if time seems to be going out the window, where do you think it goes?
Speaker 8: No, I'm not sure how to measure that, because it's like when I'm at work and stuff are working, I'm not you know, just visiting or you know, doing random stuff. I'm actually working. But I think in a way I'm too trying to measure Okay, do I need help with my desk? You know, if it's too much?
Speaker 2: Well that's a that's a legitimate question, which is why I ask about where you think your time is going. If there's there is such thing as too much work, I know that there are bosses that would say differently, or companies that would go, no, you can you can always do more work. And I'm not a huge fan of that. There's a time and a place on as to where you would break where you just have only enough to give. There were times where I walked away and rested. There are time where I would leave a city and people would say, well, aren't you going to do X, Y and Z, And I'd say no, I'm I'm done here and I'm moving on to somewhere else. Otherwise, there's always something around the corner. If you think it's a legitimate amount of work and you should be able to do it, then you need to find a triage system of sorts to tackle certain things. I would gather that out of every task or group of tasks that you have, there is one task that seems to be more daunting than the rest, or maybe you know less about it. And usually when you're when you don't feel confident or strong about a particular task is when it slows you down because you don't want to do it wrong, you don't want to do it incorrectly, and so you're you kind of put it off or go at it very slowly. So you could see if there's any group of tasks there's one in particular that seems to weigh you down or that you are intimidated, buy and put that at the top of the list to finish, take care of that, ask questions, do what you need to do, but always creating a triage as the type of work, What what's going to be simple to do, what's going to take time, or what you need to learn to do before you can complete it. Never never be afraid of asking questions. If you're at a place where they're they don't like you asking questions. Well, that's not a great place.
Speaker 8: Tell me what, I pretty confidence, and I asked questions. I need to understand what I'm dream if I do it. So it's not I don't think it's about to struggle with that. It's just you know, prioritizing. Like you had said, the biggest thing is it's usually a huge task that's involved, so to work on that.
Speaker 6: But I just.
Speaker 8: It's just I noticed this in my other position that it was just like a gosh, I got all those work clothes and then when they asked for help, there wasn't a help of allable. And I said, you know what, I can't do this anymore. You know, I can't work weekends. My kids, you know, they need me until the job that was on it's very good money, and it's like, oh goodness, sure called hearing and it's very scary.
Speaker 2: Well, the workplace is changing and they're expecting more of people, and they're not really necessarily caring about the family unit the same way. They figure they will always find somebody who will give up whatever to do the task.
Speaker 1: And it's unfortunate.
Speaker 2: I will tell you this that if it's if there's not one particular task that is daunting, there's not one particular task that you feel you don't understand and that's weighing you down. Then you start at the simplest first and you cross things off your list. There's nothing more refreshing than feeling like you've gotten you had success on some things, and you reverse the process, get the small ones done quickly, and then you have more time on the large ones. I mean, it's it's common sense in so many ways. If there's a blockage, it's you.
Speaker 8: There is purposely, like what am I doing? Am I personally creating this?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 8: I have the thinking with a created job and my purposely for now creating this because I don't know if if I can't focus and I'm creating twenty five tasks during.
Speaker 2: Do people ever refer to you as a perfectionist, those that are close to you, Yes, Okay, so your particular in the way you like things done?
Speaker 8: Yeah, because it's sting much finance and accounting, so I guess you.
Speaker 2: Know ways or have to be you know, so the consequences are large. You're dealing with numbers and things that actually tied to real money. Yeah, okay, so that that can be intimidating onto itself, regardless of the size of the task at hand, and of course you'd need to be thorough. But sometimes there is paralysis by perfection. You the concern to get everything done in such a way that you get nothing done, so afraid of doing things wrong that you don't want to do anything. I think these are all places where you can you can kind of poke around and check yourself and see if they're what's holding you up. I would also recommend you not that you are going to find fun in doing this auditing for somebody who deals with numbers. But audit your time. Write a list down, keep it next to you, and audit your time, your whole day, what time, and be very honest and no one has to see it but you, And be very honest and see where your time goes. If people are coming in and talking to you too long at the office, or people are asking you advice for their stuff, or you're not getting enough time to do your own work, if anyone else has you assisting them in their own position or their own stuff. All of these things, as little as they may be throughout the day, can actually take big chunks out of what you're trying to process. So if you keep a kind of timeline on one half what you need to get done, on the other half, what you're getting done and what's going on throughout the day, I think you'll be surprised as to where your time goes. And once you see that, once you see where the time is actually going, you can troubleshoot and see how you can use your time better.
Speaker 8: That's very good. I'm going to try that deperately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so try that first, and you're at least going to see where there might be Oh my goodness. You know, five different people came in today and had me ask them for help on their own projects. Next time, I need to say no until I get to this point in my list or whatever it might be. And I think you'd be surprised. It's always the little things.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 2: People don't lose money throughout the day because they buy yachts on accident. Oh, I was going to the grocery store and I bought a yacht, and now my bank account's broke, you know, completely emptied. What happens is you go to the grocery store and you buy the necessities and then you're wait in line and you go, I might want to pack a gum. Yeah, I'll get a peck of gum. And then you go, oh, gosh, that candy bar looks good and it was a rough day and I probably deserve it. And then you get that, and then you're leaving and you're going, oh, well, you know what, I'll buy a newspaper. Yeah, I haven't sat down and watched read a newspaper in a long time. And but you start going through all these things in nickel and dime yourself to death, and it's no different with the commodity of time. You're constantly nickel and diming yourself thinking oh, well, yes, I don't want to say no to them, or I don't want to say no to that. But your first priority is going to be the task of the list and that task that's been imparted to you first.
Speaker 1: So audit yourself, write.
Speaker 2: It down, do it for at least one day, but maybe two would be better, and see if there's any patterns.
Speaker 8: But you know, you're saying that it makes sense because there are a lot of people that go to need for knowledge, like how do you approach joking? And I think because some of the people that I've worked with, Like I would just say, Okay, what is the problem I really have to do, and I can fix things. I'm really get a fixing things, and I think because people know that, they'll say, okay, this is a problem. So it comes to me for advice to fix things, and I know my time gets taken for okay, go do this, So I would do that sort of thing, and I just need to pull back. But I'm definitely audit myself and write it down and just kind of learn to say probably know more and pull back and then focus on my job at here.
Speaker 2: And you end up doing everybody else's work. When you're good at everything like that, or you're you feel comfortable in a lot of different fields or very good at your own, people will seek you out.
Speaker 1: And that's a wonderful thing.
Speaker 2: It's both flattering and it's part of the system and it keeps the system running. But you can't do it at the expense of what you have to do. So once you find out where it's going, if you find that that's a pattern and a lot of people come and ask you questions, great, then you can set up something and say, hey, listen, the last hour of every workday is what I'm going to take questions. I'm finding I'm not getting my work done, So if you would like to come back at this time, I'd love to go over that with you, because I should be caught up by then. Whatever it is, you can even schedule that and file that in, but you have to see it as an actual time drain. And now that's one of your tasks, is helping others in that way. If it's just throughout the day, you'll never get anything done. There has to be a point where you say, I'm sorry, I have a bunch of products I have to do, are projects I have to do, and i'd love to help out. Let's do it at and you schedule them in. Make it a part of that system. Audit yourself, write it down on paper, see where your time is going. And I know by listening to how you think and the way you ask the question, you will correct the problem just by seeing it on paper.
Speaker 1: Every generation.
Speaker 2: Looks at their life and says it's getting more complicated, and every generation would be correct to a certain degree. There are new things coming your way every moment of every day, and you're bombarded with a stimulation more than any other generation, with mobile accessibility to the entire world, mobile accessibility to your job. There was a time where you came home from work and you spend time with your family. And nowadays you come home from work, but you're still tethered to a mobile device, whether it be your phone, whether it be your tablet or even a laptop. You're always around a portal to your boss, to friends, to family, whoever might need you. Right that moment. Used to make a phone call and then if you couldn't get the person, it have to wait. But the world is in a speed, a little speed location right now. That is all about getting it done and getting it done now, regardless the feelings may be, well, family first and you got to take care of this, and you got to take care of that. But really it's not how it's structured anymore.
Speaker 1: It's structured.
Speaker 2: If something needs to be done with work, it needs to be done now. Competition is different. Life moves at a different speed, and in that process it can be very overwhelming and taxing on certain types of brains. There's just people that move at certain speeds. This is how they do things, This is how they do them right. And in that process. You can feel like you're being swell, but I assure you there is a way to at least calculate what your skills are and what you can and should be doing at any given time and apply them. And then after that point you can tip your hat and say this is what I have, this is my ability, and if they don't like it, you can move on. But if you're like any other race, if you feel you can't run at the speeds that are needed, then downsize find a speed that you can, because you will always be best running at a speed that suits you. But that must be balanced with growth as well, and looking inwardly and saying, okay, am I learning a skill or is this pushing me in another direction to get better at something else or to expand myself? And if that is the yes answer, then you need to stick with it. But if not, you move on and you find your proper speed Until next week, remember these words. I am with you always.
Speaker 1: K f I A M six forty on demand