Speaker 1: Good evening, everybody, and welcome to another edition of Fire Up, Yay, Ralph. This is the time of year. We've got baseball.
Speaker 2: Going, we've got the Oh.
Speaker 1: And we've got football is back.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is college football too. I mean, you know they're both that's college and NFL are back ready to.
Speaker 2: Go tonight and they're they're.
Speaker 3: They're firing you up. So just like we are tonight.
Speaker 1: Exactly, it's time to be fired up. And it's a good thing. You know, it's been a long summer without football. I guess football. It's probably one of my favorite sports to watch.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: I even watch UFL. I love football. I mean I follow it. I talk about it. Right now, I'm reaching out to all the small colleges around western Pennsylvania. I had just about every coach on except iup, and now I have Gannon's coach coming on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: So nice, nice, Well, if you're not watching, if you're watching us, thank you, because then you're not watching some of this other But in the background, I have I have the Football Hall of Fame game on and right now it's forty five seconds left to go in the first half and it's Houston seventeen. The Bears fourteen. Now, I can tell you that none of the starters, none of the starters from either team played tonight. They said that this was an extra preseason game, so they were gonna let the second stringers and third stringers. You know, they're the ones that are fighting for the job. So I have no problem with that.
Speaker 2: What's so, no, I don't. I don't either.
Speaker 3: The interesting part here is, Candy, is I want to see what's going to happen with this Russell Wilson Justin Fields thing. I mean, I was I'm on on Wednesday Nights with Jeremy on the Football round Table, and uh, you know that was. Of course, when you talk about the Bears, everybody talks about Justin Fields. Well, now that he's a Steeler and he's fighting for a job, I think Russell Wilson probably will be on a short leach. The good news here is is that the Steelers got him on the cheap thanks to Denver. Because Denver now is paying him thirty eight million dollars. We're only paying him a million and some change, okay, And we have Justin Fields, and we have Kyle Allen, and I keep telling everybody, and everybody's Kyle Allen. Oh, he said, you know what, Kyle Allen backed up Josh Allen up there in Buffalo and he did a good job of it too over the years. And also we have Ben Denucci now who's a former pit quarter back, played for Dallas, started down there and he's been around the league. So we got him back so here and with the Steelers because the guy that we got from Central Florida that we signed, that Parlay or Parlay or whatever his name was, he got drafted by the UFL. So now he can't play for the Steelers. So I haven't even looked. I haven't had really the time, but I will I haven't even looked at the UFL's college draft.
Speaker 2: I have to take a look at that.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, you know, mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: I think a couple of pit players were drafted. I have to take a look at that.
Speaker 3: And of course I keep my radar on for the pit players in in THEFL right now, so.
Speaker 1: You know, it's an interesting time. Obviously. One of the things the commenters we're talking about tonight is obviously the big news is like Caleb Williams and what is it going to do? And the thing is is he was drafted number one, and he they said they have surrounded him with more weapons than any other rookie has ever been surrounded by.
Speaker 3: My question, Candy, is this. You can have all the weapons in the world, you have all the great wide receivers, a great running backs, a great tight end, but if you don't have an offensive line to protect this kid, Chicago Bears are in a heap of trouble. And if Matt ever Fluss this year doesn't do well, he should be fired. Should have been fired after last year. Okay, I don't know what's going on there with the Bears, And it's sad, Candy, because the Bears were a great organization at one time, and now they've just fallen down where every year they're ticking, they're picking number one, and that's sad.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess it's sad depending on what viewpoint you're taking. I'm from the NFC North, My team is there, so I'm okay with Chicago Lake Taka right being sad.
Speaker 3: Totally like Jeremy he's with Detroit, so I mean, yeah, oh absolutely, yeah, right, yeah, I mean it was such a great organization over the years, Candy. That's the thing that upsets me. The most There's been some great coaches there, Papa Bear Hallis, Mike Ditka, Lovey Smith. I mean, there was some just some really good coaches there over the years, and all of a sudden it's just went down to toilet over the last ten or fifteen or more years now, it's been it has you know, it's sad for a great organization like that. And I mean green Bay has managed when they hired Matt Lafleur, they've managed to keep it stable even without Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know correct, which is kind of funny that you bring up Aaron Rodgers. Have you seen some of this in what should I say? They've been talking about it and showing it on TV, how he's having passionate conversations with Wilson. They saying that they're not necessarily getting along, and they're both coming out and saying, oh no, it's us trying to help each other and grow each other. And I'm like, I.
Speaker 3: Think I think he's full of blowny. You know too, you know, I think he's full of blowny because you know, Aaron Rodgers is gonna be Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, he he.
Speaker 3: Kind of like has this ergant attitude like Ben Roethlisberger once had.
Speaker 2: And you know, uh, and it bit Ben in the butt real bad.
Speaker 3: Okay. In this time, there were a lot of things that he did, and I know some people that he really screwed over, real bad in this hospitality business, because I was in that business. Okay, h going to places, you know, renting a room for a party, having this big party, spend one hundreds of dollars and not tipping the servers. You know, I'm Ben Roethlisberger, I should get my food for free. Argument managers, just it's just silly stuff. And then when that sex scandal came up, the Steelers were gonna trade him, and then they got him hooked up with the wife he has now, the woman he has none as his wife. They got him hooked up. She's a friend of the Rooneys, and they hooked him up. She's a Christian, and now he's he's a he's a Christian now and he has a family. And he changed his attitude, and the Steelers told him, next time we get anything like this that goes on, you're done.
Speaker 2: Okay. It's as simple as that.
Speaker 3: And you know, I blame Mike Tomlin for that because Mike Tomlin just kind of let him do whatever he wanted because he was the starting quarterback here, and Mike Tomlin got lucky. You got a franchise quarterback to start his year year off when he first became head coach. You know, there's not too many coaches that can say that, you know, Nope. So but I agree with you on Aaron Rodgers. I think he's full of blowna and I don't think I think he's done. You know, if you ask my opinion, I think he's done.
Speaker 1: I think he's definitely on the decline. Yes, I think it'd be interesting to see he says he's sealed, he's healed from the Achilles, But let's face it, as you ate, even in Achilles heel anything like that takes you a lot longer, and I think you're more prone to injuring it again. I guess we'll see how many plays he lasts this year.
Speaker 3: You know, I know wrestlers who wrestle in their fifties and sixties. Okay, I'll give you an example, Sting of sixty five, and he even came out and said, you know, when you get in your fifties and all that, it's hard to recover from injuries. Yeah, I mean he was off for months when he got hurt and when he was in his sixties, so I know what football players are like the same way. Why do you think now you got football players doing six and eight years and they're done. They're not hanging around any longer than that. I don't blame it because when I saw out of Mike Webster, I was his personal cab driver. What I saw out of Mike Webster I don't ever want to see from another football player again. Jeff Harding's a bunch of guys that we've had in the Steeler organization. A couple of them killed themselves because of this concussion stuff. Look at Junior say ah, I mean you know, and you're right, and there's not too many like Tom Brady's and Aaron Rodgers out there. Tom Brady still wants to play football.
Speaker 2: If I'm Tom.
Speaker 3: Brady, man, I'd soak it up and enjoy it. I would never go back on the field, you know, correct.
Speaker 1: Right, I wouldn't either. Let's face it, this is the weekend for the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it's.
Speaker 1: Cool to see Stephen McMichael's get in.
Speaker 3: Long ago Yeah, it's said about his health condition and all that and what happened to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's really cool they were saying. Adam Schefter was on earlier pregame and he was saying how they're gonna take the Hall of Fame ceremony to him and to his house. So all the bears are gonna go, the jacket's gonna go, the statute's gonna go, and they're gonna present it to him at his house, which I think is really cool and a good gesture.
Speaker 3: Did they have the ceremony already today?
Speaker 2: I this weekend?
Speaker 3: It's this weekend? I thought, so it's usually what Saturday or Sunday, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It started with tonight was the Hall of Fame game, so that you know, and then I believe Saturday is when they do the actual official ceremony.
Speaker 2: But I'll check it out.
Speaker 3: Depends on what time because I'm watching Summer Slave WWE, so.
Speaker 1: You know, yes, yes, but still it's it's cool to see football is back. Let's face it, there have been a lot of since we were last on. There have been a lot of quarterbacks that have gotten paid and gotten some nice They really are going to need to start to do something about these quarterbacks and the astronomical amount of money.
Speaker 3: Well, you do know, Kadie, and I don't know if you notice or not, you know that the owners want to have a quarterback salary, pecifically for the quarterbacks because of this out of control stuff. I mean, you got quarterbacks that are bumps literally getting paid a lot of money. Guys have never even been to Super Bowl, started maybe one season or whatever. No offense to Jordan Love, but look at Jordan Love. I mean he hasn't started that much. Look at the big money he's getting. And I keep using these two examples, Geno Smith and Daniel Jones, both of them have I mean that Gino Smith is okay, at least he's come around, but Daniel Jones has done nothing, and he's taking that money and walked away with it. And look at Kirk Cousins. I'd love to be his agent. You know the commission his agent makes on that.
Speaker 1: You're got Trevor Lawrence, he made a boatload.
Speaker 3: Trevor Lawrence is another one that's not really that proven.
Speaker 1: Made a lot of money. Yeah, you know, and he's injury.
Speaker 3: Prone, yes, yes, but yes, no, oh, they have to do something and you know what position nowadays candy gets unappreciated because it's a passing league. It's running backs. You know, the running backs are unappreciated, they really are, and they're lucky if they make it through a rookie contract with their way. They get beat up and everything. They should be paid somewhat a lot of money as well, you know, everybody should, you know. And I'm frustrated with this too, because the union should step in and say, hey, wait a minute, you can't really do that because you're you're pushing away the running backs. The wide receivers get paid a lot of money. You're pushing away to running backs. How about some of these offensive linemen that don't get paid a lot of money. How about tight ends? You know what I'm saying. You know other positions on the team that might not get a lot more money. And I get your quarterbacks. You're the captain of your ship on the offense, and I get that, but you know what, that's that's that's not fair, And I think the union should step in and say, hey, wait, whoa, whoa. If you're going to cap the quarterbacks, you know you've got to start paying more money to other people. You can't just you know what I mean, you know, but if they agree with this, I agree with you too. They need to do something because this is this is a runaway freight train that just isn't going to stop exactly.
Speaker 1: And don't get me wrong, I'm don't get me wrong. I'm glad, Jordan Love, I'm glad people get are getting paid. But that is way too much money for someone that's not proven. Like you said, he hasn't started more than a year, you know, And I just don't understand. I do do to a certain extent. They think he's the future, and I get that, but he's getting paid what more than Mahomes.
Speaker 3: Who is yes, And Mahomes has been to the Super Bowl, right, So I mean, you know that's the point of the thing, is what I'm trying to say, He's been to the Super Bowl. That's like coaches, you know, they go on and on candy about Mike Tomlin. Well, when was the last time Mike Tomlin won a playoff game? When was the last time Mike Tomlin went to the Super Bowl. Mike Tomlin is the greatest coach in the world because he has the best off season regular season record in the League. Whoop do do you know? Bill Kayer once said this, Candy, if you're not in this to win Super Bowls, you don't need to be in it.
Speaker 2: That's as simple as that, you know. And you know, I'm tired of hearing.
Speaker 3: About how great Mike Tomlin is when you're going to have nine and eight records except last year, and they just gave him a contract extension, and I hope that and I'm hearing stories this could be his last extension, this could be his last time. I think he'll get his twenty years.
Speaker 2: And walk away. I hope, I really hope, and you know, and pray.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I mean, I feel bad. There's there's some injury news that has already come out. Justin Herbert is now planters.
Speaker 3: Flat fasciata fasci itis. Right, we have a.
Speaker 2: Catcher on the Pirates that has.
Speaker 1: That that that can be very painful, and he's out for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Can't couldn't pronounce it's what what's it called, sweetheart, It's called plan Enter's fasci itis. My uh, my wife's mom used to be a no our nurse, so she knows all those terms. So yes, oh she has it too. My wife has it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: And now they're saying Geno Smith is dealing with nip, knee and hip issues at training camp, which will force him to miss at least the next two practices.
Speaker 3: Well, we just lost Rome and Wilson to an ankle injury, and he's supposed to be a number two receiver.
Speaker 1: How about how about DeAndre Hopkins is dealing with a strained knee that could sideline him for four to six weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So these.
Speaker 1: Are some big names going down already.
Speaker 3: And Russell Wilson has a calf injury. Because I don't know what's going on with the strength and conditioning coach with the Steelers.
Speaker 2: We have a new one.
Speaker 3: Because our the guy that we had retired, he's been around for sixty years, John Norwich, he retired and they brought in this other guy, and he's got him pushing a sled. I'm like, what the heck are you pushing a sled? You know and causing this problem. He immediately should have been fired. I mean, because you don't have quarterbacks pushing sleds. I mean, you just don't do that.
Speaker 1: No, And when you look at like Justin Herbert you feel bad because it's a whole coaching staff and here he's trying to learn a whole new system and now he can't he can't even practice.
Speaker 2: He can't practice, right.
Speaker 3: I feel bad for the kid because, you know what, he's a good quarterback and he had Brandon Staley as his coach, and you know, I feel bad for him. Now He's got an ideal offensive coach in Jim Harbaugh that that could help him excel, and now all of a sudden, you know, he's hurt now. And I agree with you, Candy. I feel bad for the kid, for the kid because of you know, the situation, you know.
Speaker 1: And let's I'm just reading this and granted this is this is a couple hours old at this point, but Cleveland Brown's running back Deonta Foreman was x expected to be released from the hospital Thursday after sustaining a neck injury during a kickoff drill in practice. Foreman was mobilized on the field Thursday morning and flown by helicopter from the Browns training camp. So that's sad. Let's hope that everything the X rays were negative and stuff like that. Let's hope he's okay. You never like to see injuries, especially during training camp.
Speaker 3: You know, especially teams who are sad like Carolina Panthers, the Bears, some of these teams that are now trying to rebuild and relying on the draft and got new coaches. Okay, what they what? They can't afford to have injuries because they're trying to build rebuild. You know, look at Dave Canelis with Carolina. He can't afford to have injuries. He has to He's got to get that team back up and and and for goodness sake, I don't know why he ever took that job.
Speaker 1: Adam Bluestein, Hello, Hey Adam, thank you for turning in tonight, especially since I know that you know football is up. Oh question question for Candy. What kind of sub did you have to night? I know Scott got the turkey, Oh my goodness, I had. I know a lot of times. I have the Italian b MT.
Speaker 3: That's what That's what my wife eats. She loves the Italian b m T. She gets that all the time. At Subway.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's my favor.
Speaker 2: I get this.
Speaker 3: I get the Ultimate cheese steak where I get the meatball sub one of it. I get those I like their tuna too. I eat their tuna now since I've been trying to watch my way a little bit, I eat the tuna.
Speaker 1: I knew it. I love the Italian awesome. Well, thank you, Adam. Yes, have you.
Speaker 3: Tried those long like the pretzel and andy pretzel or no, we have been the subway in a while.
Speaker 1: The sure all the ruttel or the cookie. But now the cookie is thirteen one hundred and thirty calories for that.
Speaker 3: Pool Like, oh, thirteen and thirty calories for that cookie?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, no, I I was looking at it and they have those the roll up things to the dippers.
Speaker 2: Yes, I saw those four.
Speaker 1: Hundred calories a piece. I'm like, that's a lot to watch my calories and intake. So but let's fay. Okay, so we talked to football. It's back on. Let's see. I was asking Scott earlier, but he didn't know. What kind of camera do you have to do your sports photography? I have a cannon.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say canon.
Speaker 3: It's probably the best one to have if you're into photography. I know because I DJ weddings and stuff. I know photographers that use that. That's all they use is canon. I don't think I've seen one that didn't have one.
Speaker 1: There are other ones out there, but yeah, my trust the old canon is good.
Speaker 3: With the end, I forget the name of that camera.
Speaker 2: Nikon. Yeah, Nikon is a good one. Yeah, oh, excellent.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of them that have come out into the market that are newer, and you know, and I'm not going to say they're necessarily better, but they have new gadgets, new new technology. Obviously, let's face it, technology. Anything you buy electronic now is out a date within like what two weeks.
Speaker 2: It seems good the way.
Speaker 3: They're the way they're making new electronics. Here's the thing that bothers me to get away from a sports topic a minute. I brought this up on Wednesday on my Ralph's Opinion show. How in the world did you get lost? Now? With all this GPS technology, How in the in the world do you get lost?
Speaker 1: I just don't get it, you know, unless your GPS can't find you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you Garment probably is gone out of business, and so those other ones because you have GPS now on your phone.
Speaker 2: I mean, I use my phone.
Speaker 3: I have a garment GPS, but I used the one on my phone, but just fired it up after I switched vehicles.
Speaker 1: I will tell you I have it had been a while since I have used my garment. We do have a garment, and I use my phone a lot. But I will tell you when we traveled and we went north of Niagara Falls into Canada, we didn't want to use the GPS on our phones because you are roaming, you are in you are no longer in the US, and so a lot of your phones you get charged a lot differently. So with the garment, you don't get charged. So we went back to the garment at that point. Oh okay, yeah, so we were happy we had taken that. So but yes, I agree for the most part. Why would you get lost.
Speaker 3: Any I can't understand that. I just don't get it. I mean, that's something that bothers me. I mean I get people that I have like turtles because they have no clue where they're going and then put on this last minute turn signal and going like this, and I'm like how how in the world?
Speaker 1: But those might might be people that only have footphones yet and they still don't have GPS on them.
Speaker 3: You never know. Yeah, that that too, and also too everybody's too busy on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Well that's true, they're too busy on their.
Speaker 2: Phone to look on their phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's That's one of my biggest pet peeves is people that are like on Facebook are looking at you know, and it's like, wait a minute, you're supposed to be driving a motor vehicle. What's going on?
Speaker 3: You know? So, and we're talking about everything that I Candy, We're talking about subway sandwiches and people that do not use GPS all times of medical terms. I mean, we're you know, we're on our rule tonight.
Speaker 1: We are, we are what we're fired up on all Yes, we are.
Speaker 3: We're fired up big time. I'm always fired up on this program, in every program.
Speaker 1: So tell me, Ralph. The baseball trade deadline came in passed this week. What was one of the biggest trades you think that happened that you liked or didn't like? Either way?
Speaker 2: Well, I really didn't take much look at it.
Speaker 3: I watched a little bit of the Baseball Network, the MLB Network a little bit. I really don't know, because Candy, I'm sorry to say that I really don't know, because I really didn't pay much attention to it. Now, my caregiver does. He pays attention to baseball a lot, and he was telling me all the stuff that was going on. But I really haven't paid much attention to it, and I haven't gotten into it yet.
Speaker 2: In fact, I haven't.
Speaker 3: Even I have a guest coming on on Tuesday. Possibly that's going to break down all that for me, you know. So yeah, I just I didn't pay much attention to it. I'll get it.
Speaker 2: I have to look at it eventually, you know.
Speaker 3: Getting this new van and everything, it was just the kind of threw me off a little bit on some things.
Speaker 1: No I understand. So one of the big trades, I would say is the Yankees traded to get Jazz Chisholm from the Marlins.
Speaker 3: And yeah, we were supposed to trade for him the Pirates and he was on our list and we blew it. We laid an egg, but we got that Della cruise. It sounds like he's gonna be okay.
Speaker 1: You know, he is gonna be okay. I think what I'm gonna say is, since I've covered the Marlins quite a bit, and especially since I'm a photographer, I'm in the photo well, and I'm in right by the dugout, so I can see them interacting and stuff like that. I think Jazz has such a personality that New York will fit him and him and let's face it, in the first three games he's played, he's already hit four home runs for them, So back to I mean, if you think about who do you want to pitch to, Judge or him now like they're going back to back, I would. He's in a really good situation for him, so good for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Yankees have to start, Candy, I have to start getting back into what they used to be, uh, you know, a dominating team that always was in the World Series, and lately they haven't. They've laid an egg. I mean, you know, and the Dodgers look at them too, they've laid an egg. I mean I've said this many times. I don't care how much money you pay for players, if you don't have if them players get hurt, you're out of that money and you're losing the playoffs. It's that simple. And the Dodgers have had that problem.
Speaker 1: Yep. It's crazy. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: It is. It is nuts.
Speaker 3: It's sad about in baseball too. I wish they'd get a salary cap. You know that revenue sharing is a joke. I mean, and I'm sorry to say that, but it is.
Speaker 1: It is, and it's there's such a difference in salary like for teams that have spent salary wise, it's just crazy. You would think that the ones that were, you know, spending so much money would be so far ahead of it everybody else. It's kind of crazy that they aren't. Well, Lamarlin's were definitely sellers because I want to say a J. Puck went, Tanner, Scott went, Brian Horning went, Brian Daly, Cruz Jazz Chisholm, and earlier this year they already had Lewis ariahs Goo. They had so many that left it's not even funny. I don't think I'm going to recognize the team when I go back down and cover them soon. But you know, hopefully the hopefully some of these draft or prospects will pan out for them.
Speaker 3: Well, the Yankees are always good for with prospects. They have a very good scouting department. Uh, you know, so they're always good. Aaron Boone, I think he needs to win soon or I think he's gonna get fired because they haven't been As I mentioned earlier, they have not been in that echelon of where they used to be.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Now they're on the outside looking in, you know. And I think if they don't start winning soon and getting back to where they used to be, I think Aaron Boon's gonna get fired. And I think Dave Roberts should be fired in Dodgers because he's had all that talent and he can't get past the first round of playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yep, I agree. I agree.
Speaker 2: You know, the Marlins are sellers. Tampa Bay selling too.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was on with Peter Blake last night for you know, our wrestling segment on his show, and he was talking about that yesterday. He was saying about how they're sellers. So, I mean, you know, they're selling off.
Speaker 1: They are. They are. So the other big sports that's happening right now is happening around the world over in Paris, and yeah, the Olympics. So, Ralph, have you been catching many of the Olympics.
Speaker 2: I am not.
Speaker 3: I'm not really into the Olympics that much, but I like water polo and a few of the other stuff that they do. You know, I heard that we dominated in some different categories. I know we have a lot of silver medals. We've only won what five or six maybe gold medals. I saw the count but I haven't really like focused in on it. You know, I know about some own biles and all that stuff, and you know, the gymnastics team. I'm interested to see what the Batman's basketball team is going to do because I heard they played a sud a South Sudan team that really has that really is nothing and came close to losing. So I mean, you know, I you know, I'm just wondering if they think that they're better than everybody and they'll have to play everybody tough. You know, you better be careful. You'll get one of these countries. It's just that'll sneak up on you and beat you, you know. And that's the way I look at the US team. They better, they better get their act together and get that aricant attitude out because if they don't, they might get beat by some team in Kimbabwe or whatever.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Yes, actually they they I think they played. It was a rematch because this time around they they clinched a trip to the quarterfinals by beating the South Sudan they won one hundred and three to eighty six last night, so they they how should I put it, they were scared the last time. They decided they didn't want to be the laughing stock and lose to them.
Speaker 2: So I think yes, I mean it was closed to last game.
Speaker 3: And I mean my co host, smoking Jim Fraser, said on our Sports Corner show the other night that this that that's unacceptable to me. I mean, you know, you got You're supposed to be the dominating team in this whole Olympics. You're supposed to have the greatest athletes in the world, and you know, you almost come up short.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, correct, correct?
Speaker 1: I find the Olympics are. The thing that I like about the Olympics is you can turn them on and just watch a little bit and then you can go away and you can you know, don't.
Speaker 3: Know, whatever sports interest you. I mean, you know, like I said, I kind of like water polo. You know when I could when I well, I could still swim even though I can't walk, but I could still swim a little bit. And I used to be a certified lifeguard and everything, and you know there were times when when I went to boy Scott camp, we would play water polo, so I got to like water polo, right, you know. So you know I like some of some of this stuff they have in the Summer Olympics.
Speaker 1: I do too. I mean, I obviously I liked.
Speaker 3: The marathon running, you know that kind of thing, and some some other stuff.
Speaker 2: Winter.
Speaker 3: The Winter Olympics is the thing I really like, like skiing, hockey, you know that kind of thing, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I like some of even the track and field events. I really like the fact that you can just watch a little bit and then you can like leave, like, you know, I don't have to sit there, and you know, I mean, I hate to say this. I love football. Football is one of my favorite sports. But it's time consuming.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, And that's another story.
Speaker 3: Supposedly we have some US players playing football in this Olympics or something, and from what I understand, we're not We're not doing real well or something, or we're you know, winning by a couple of points or something, when we should probably be dominating the sport that we as a as a country plays a lot of. I mean, we're the ones that that started football, I mean, and then the Canadians started doing it. And there's a little bit of European football and you know what I mean, they's the Europeans started rugby. I mean, you know so, But yeah, I I hear we're not We're I don't I'm not saying doing too good.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But the stories I'm hearing is we're again coming up close. I mean in a so we should really dominate. But I mean nowadays, you know, it's it's really tough. A lot of these countries are stepping it up, and uh, I think US needs to step it up.
Speaker 1: Well, I think some of it is is that we've been how should I put it, we kind of trained. Well, if you think about it, like the NBA, we're not just US American players anymore. Like no, you know, the Buck's great, the best Bucks best player right now is Giannie Well, he's playing for Greece, like he's not playing for the United States. So I think, you know, I think we're kind of blessed, and yet we're not because when we think of all of our different sports, people are coming from different countries to play sports here in America.
Speaker 3: In the NBA, yeah, I think I think you have a couple of renal players and some other you know, from some other countries. I know Pitt had some guys from Lithuania that we're here at one time. So I mean, yeah, a lot of players are coming from across the globe to play in the United States. And then when you get into the Olympics, like if like if we play Greece, this guy knows some of these players and knows how to play against someone who knows you know, it could happen that.
Speaker 1: Way, exactly, exactly, Well, Ralph, any other topics besides my telling that you'd like to bring up.
Speaker 2: Tonight, Not really.
Speaker 3: I mean, like I said, I really didn't get into the trade deadline thoroughly. I mean I followed the pirates a little bit, but I didn't get into the whole thing thoroughly. I'm gonna have to look some things up and get into some stuff, and you know, I will probably do that in the next few days because I've been running around all week long and in doing my shows and stuff. And then I had a meeting yesterday with the producers for PCTV. We're going to try to resurrect the TV station so we can keep our programs on and things like that. So I had that meeting yesterday, and then I had to do a show, and I in fact, Wednesday's my busiest show day. I have three shows on Wednesdays.
Speaker 2: Wow, I do.
Speaker 3: I do my own And then I did that Zoom meeting and with the producers from PCTV, and then I did at nine o'clock, I'm on with Jeremy and his in the football round table. And then at ten thirty I'm one with Peter Blake down in Tampa for wrestling. So Wednesday's probably my busiest day. Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, So tell me what's happening in your tone?
Speaker 3: Oh nothing, really, we're not doing much here. Concerts have been coming in and out of here. Pirates are back home, I actually, believe it or not, the Pirates are actually the talk now. Usually when a Steeler training camp comes around, nobody shows up at Pirate games. But we're starting to sell that games now, and there's actually talk about the Pirates because of the fact that I said that no one believed me that I think the Pirates were going to have a five hundred year this year, and everybody else Oh no, you know, no, you don't know what you're talking about us. Okay, And now we're above five hundred and I'm looking right again, So I mean, you know, we'll see. We have to see what happens here. We still have a lot of baseball to be played and we need to make it to see where the Pirates are going to go towards the end. And they're in the thick of things in the Wildcard, but they have to And that's where the talk is coming in here. Skiings Paul Skin saved the year for the Pirates this year. And then you know the fact that we're in this race where the wild Card has really stepped it up for the Pirates this year. And then on top of that, we just made these trades and I think the Pirates are better off now. I just watched the pitcher last night that we just got. I watched him last night. He went like five innings and they only gave up like a couple of runs. And we just improved our bullpen and we did some other some outfield. We got a guy who a minor league player Nike York, who is this ultimate player. He's played all the positions on the field, including catcher. So I mean, we got this guy and he can hit. That's where we're lacking and hitting. We have a lot of good field position players, but we don't have a lot of hitting.
Speaker 2: And you know, that's where it is.
Speaker 3: And you know the Steeler training camp, everybody and their mother shows up there. I don't go to them things. I'm not sitting out in the heat to watch practice. I don't need to do that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'll sit right here. You can put it on my TV and I'll watch it. You know, there you go, So there you go.
Speaker 3: You know, my my wife's father used to say, the best seat in the house is at home in front of your TV.
Speaker 2: M That's that's the way I look at it now.
Speaker 1: In some cases I understand completely. You know, I would say in my town, I'm gonna there's always something happening in Milwaukee. But what I'm going to say right now is Green Bay training Camp. One of I think the neatest traditions is the practice field is is i would say, across the parking lot and across the street from the actual locker room of where all the players have their in lambeau Field. So get ready in lambeau Field and then they have to make their way down to the practice facility. Well, and what they do for that is they ask all kinds of little kids come with their bikes and then the players will ride.
Speaker 3: See that, Yeah, the players ride the bicycles. Yeah, I've seen that. That's that's neat and it's awesome.
Speaker 1: I think it's a very good tradition because it really helps gel players with young kids. And you know, these young.
Speaker 3: They need that because there's too many kids on the street right now, Candy, and it's not just here in Pittsburgh, it's across the country. We have kids committing crimes and doing stuff because parents don't know how to take care of their kids. But that's another issue for another day. But you know, it's great to see that kind of stuff going on because kids need I wouldn't say a lot of players are idols, but kids need something like that.
Speaker 1: They need, you know, look forward to something to make them see that there are real human beings. They're not just people on TV down.
Speaker 2: There make a lot of money, you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and it gives them a chance to give back to their community, which I think is really cool as well.
Speaker 3: Well. A lot of Steelers do that here. Candy Food drives, Turkey drives, Charlie Batch gets and has the Batch Foundation camp. Heyward does his thing. There's a lot of that here in Pittsburgh, and the Steelers are involved in that. That's some good stuff there, you know, which is great. You know, Mike Tomlin has camps. Ben Roethlisbergers still is doing some camps. Everybody's doing camps here. Some of the players, some of the ex Steelers are working in high school football, their kids are in high school football here. And some of the ex Steelers or assistant coaches on some of these high great high school teams we have here. So it's a nice thing too as well. Saint Vincent College is where we practice at and Mike Tomlin once said this when COVID was around, we were they were practicing the hintsfield when they go home every night. Too much distraction and uh, you know, when you go to Saint Vincent you have to stay in the thro them with no air conditioning and all that other stuff. So it's a nice it's a it's a nice camp atmosphere out there, I'm told. But again, I've never I refused to sit out in the heat and whatever and and deal with that, you.
Speaker 1: Know, right, right, Well, let's face it, it's it's a good time of the year. It's a great time of year, you know, whether you like to be outside anytime any place in the country. Right now, it's a great time to be outside.
Speaker 3: It's summer's winding up. Candy. You got kids going back, getting ready to go back to school. Uh you know, I was in a Walmart and Grove City and they were out of everything. I mean, I couldn't even find I use index cards. I had to order from Staples online. I used index carts for my shows to write all my notes down on. I couldn't find any. I mean, you know, highlighter markers.
Speaker 2: I use those. I had to order these. I couldn't find any.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, a lot of the Walmarts were, at least a couple that I went to, were out of school supplies, you know, I mean stuff like that. But there were a lot of notebooks and they were only fifty cents. And there were a lot of notebooks. I remember when Walmart used to sell notebooks for ten cents.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's interesting because now I know kids down here, teachers go back starting next week. Kids are actually in classes starting on August twelfth. I believe if not.
Speaker 3: My friend Bill, the guy whose dog died today. He's my best friend. We're kind of like brothers. He his kids live in Saint Augustine, Florida. They lived there with their mom, his ex wife, and the one daughter just graduated. The other one is in eleventh grade, I think. And they go back early because they here for the summer to see him and his other daughter, and then from another relationship and they come here in the summertime and then they go back. But this year they went back earlier than normally. You should stay until like the end of July, and then they start school around August.
Speaker 2: They start walking, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now I can tell you that I was. We were just up in Wisconsin earlier this week and last week. Now they don't start school till after Labor Day because the business industry in the summer has lobbied for years that you take if you started before Labor Day, you're taking too much of their help, their summer help away from them. Oh yeah, business industry, they have.
Speaker 3: They should do that here in Pennsylvania, Candy, they should have. You should all go back to school after Labor Day, because I did that for years when I was in school. And then now all of a sudden, they got him coming back the week before, and you know, they get the momentum going there in school for what one maybe two days, you know, that week, and then all of a sudden, you're off for all today and then you gotta come back. You know.
Speaker 2: It's just it's it's it's crazy.
Speaker 3: It should be a national thing with that federal law that says you have to go back, you can't go back to school to after Labor Day. And then on top of that, that's why a lot of corporations and politicians and uh, you know, I'm I'm the president of the Alleghany County Transit Council, so I'm I work hand in hand with the Pittsburgh Regional Transit our transit system here, and when we have our meetings, they have a liaison from the liaisons from the company come to our meetings. Well, in August, they don't come to our meetings. We just do a council only meeting because they're on vacation throughout the whole month of August. In fact, you can't even get a hold of none of those executives down there. Our mayor, our city mayor is on vacation for the August the city councils on the everybody in August just seems to go on vacation because that's the last month where they can really go on vacation. And you know, and I agree with you, handedly and I think it should be after Labor Day so they can get an opportunity to spend them last bit of the summer with their their their kids and family.
Speaker 1: You know, I agree. Well, Ralph, this has been a really good show.
Speaker 3: Yes, it has, it really has. It's the first time it was just you and I and not you know, all of us. You know, it was some good conversation. I had a good I have a good time on this program.
Speaker 1: You know me too, me too. So tell everybody where they can find you, what shows, when your shows are, and what they're about, so that everybody that wants you can join you.
Speaker 3: Well, I have RW Media Productions where I'm the president, and I also I have shows on all my shows on YouTube.
Speaker 2: And Facebook and Twitch. I had to take them off.
Speaker 3: I couldn't go live on Twitter x because Elon Musk is a greedy pig and he wants to charge me sixty dollars a month and I'm not paying for it.
Speaker 2: That man has so much money he could swim in it.
Speaker 3: So I mean, I don't feel I should have to pay. I do post my stuff on Twitter X, but I don't. I'm not live there anymore because he wants me to pay, and I'm not going to pay, you know what I mean for that, So I'm on YouTube. I look up Ralph Williams slash rw Media and you can see all my shows I have. Sunday I do seven pm. I do a show called Bible Capsule, we talk about scripture in the Bible, and then at eight o'clock and I have my new show starts on Sunday called Ralph's Opinion Local where we talk about issues in Pittsburgh, Alleganty County, Western Pennsylvania, State of Pennsylvania. And then on Monday, I do The Way We See It with me and Bill Canada. We talk about stuff in the city. We talk a little bit of national stuff, but mostly city and whatnot. And that's at seven pm every Monday night. And then Tuesday we do Sports Corner with me Ralph Williams smoking Jim Fraser four to six pm. Five pm we have a wrestling segment and I try to get an independent restaurant as a guest most every week. And this Tuesday we're going to talk about the SummerSlam, which is Saturday. We'll be talking mostly about that and some stuff with aw and whatnot. We talk about it, just about everything. But it's only a half an hour, you know, until we could figure out what to do with to move on with something else, will Wrestle Talk. If we get the TV station back up, we're going to be doing something on there with that. But and then on Wednesdays, I have a show. I do a three pm called Ralph's Opinion, and that's the national show where I talk national and world issues like I'll be talking this Wednesday about the Russians releasing prisoners, be talking about that, the election, stuff like that. And then on Thursdays, I'm on with you here on Fire Up. I don't have any shows on Thursdays and Fridays, those are my two days off. I just do shows. And on Wednesday. Also on Wednesday at nine o'clock, I'm on with Jeremy Balwrick and we do a nine o'clock we do a NFL roundtable. And then Wednesday at ten thirty on the Sports web with Peter Blake. We have a segment called Turnbuck We'll talk we talk about professional wrestling. And then Saturday morning, nine am The External Bump Show with your husband, Scott Morgan, Roth, Leo Haggerty and Jeremy Balwrick. We have a ball on that show. We talk about bums and sports and other sports topics as well. All my shows are on YouTube, Facebook or Twitch. I'm working on getting a Rootcruit channel and I'm working on Spotify so and some other entities as well.
Speaker 1: So awesome, awesome, awesome.
Speaker 3: I just had the president of ASAP Sports on with me on Tuesday. We were talking about college football, and you're gonna start seeing my shows on air as well.
Speaker 1: So nice. Nice, Well, let's have my.
Speaker 3: Website's almost done?
Speaker 2: Oh cool. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had to fire the company that I ad because they went to doing her job. So I got another company and it's taken a little time, but they're getting it together.
Speaker 2: It's nice. Nice website. Already looked over the draft, so nice.
Speaker 1: Nice. Well, if you see that red subscribe button down by Ralph underneath Ralph means you have to subscribed to our channel, please do so to.
Speaker 3: Get Scott's book, I mean it's a book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that too, Scott from the microphone.
Speaker 1: Exactly tuning in to the enduring wisdom of visionary leaders. It's available on Amazon, Kindle, Barnes and Noble, Apple and Google. It talks about media and how media has changed over his forty plus years in the business. And we have a website www dot self Florida Tribute dot com. Go check out all kinds of articles. We have transcripts from the Lions, the Dolphins, and oh look see Ralph's got the book. He went out and got it. Go buy it today. Yes, yes, we talk on our YouTube channel. Monday nights is Baseball Night, which is Baseball Talk. Tuesday Nights is Inside the Pigskin for football, Wednesday nights is Sports Exchange, Thursday nights is Fire Up. We also Scott is also on nofilter dot net where he does the MotorCity Madmeil Show, which is a one on one interview show. Got to check that out as well. All of our all of our broadcasts are on YouTube. We also put them if you are available for the audio version only. If you like listening to podcasts, we put all of them out there as well, so they're available on Google, Apple, iHeartRadio, Spotify, cast Box, Spreaker, all of those places. But go to our website check it out, buy Scott's book. If you'd like to advertise or sponsor a show, call Scott nine four three oh four four. You can always email us if you have show ideas at soft Florid attributing at gmail dot com. We appreciate everybody that's been watching the show. We appreciate Adam. Thank you for commenting on our show.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, Adam, thank you for watching tonight. I know we probably didn't get a lot of us yet. Probably we will once we get off the air. Because everybody's watching the Hall of Fame game tonight. Everybody's anxious about football. They're ready, you know exactly.
Speaker 1: I think it's you know, everybody's got the itch. You know we haven't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got the itch too for football.
Speaker 3: You know. I love football. I can watch it all year long. People think I'm crazy. I used to talk Maller talk here when we had the Mallers, and everybody's all your nuts man talking about the Mallers. I love football, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, you know exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: I have postgame shows I do too, like postgame pit and Steeler shows that I do and that and that's gonna be starting up for football this year.
Speaker 1: So awesome, awesome. Everybody check out the new kickoff rules because there are new kickoff rules this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna check this game out when I see the replay on the NFL network.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Well, thanks everybody, Thank you Ralph, it's very good.
Speaker 2: Welcome Candy. It's been a pleasure tonight. Everybody.
Speaker 1: Enjoy and support Ralph and support self Florida trip.
Speaker 3: I will see everybody on Saturday nine am. The External Bump show me Scott Morgan Roth. I tell you what I got some great co host Jeremy bulwrick Leo Haggerty from Amped Up Sports and your husband Scott Morgan Roth. I got some great cost myself of course.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, anybody wants to wake up, you would go check out that show of.
Speaker 3: Saturday morning with me and Scott's energy. Man. Oh my, we believe me. If you're tired, you'll wake up. We're better than coffee exactly.
Speaker 1: And you guys bring so much energy, which is awesome.
Speaker 3: Oh. Absolutely, Candy watches the show all the time, you know, so.
Speaker 1: I do except when I'm working. But yeah, there you go, that's another whole story. Well, thank you Ralph. Everybody enjoy and we'll catch you next time on Fire Up.
Speaker 2: Thanks everybody, have a good night, be safe everybody.
Speaker 1: Thanks,