Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers one damn tase Hi.
Speaker 2: Everybody, and welcome in to a Morongo Casino Dodgers on deg Hope you're well on this Tuesday afternoon. Your Los Angeles Dodgers sixty three and forty four on this season, first place and all along a top of the nl wes a six and a half game lead over the San Diego Padres. And the road trip continues for the Dodgers after a day off yesterday, Dodgers, once you have it in San Diego for a two game series against the Padres, and it's off to Oakland for a three game weekend set Tonight.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers give the ball to Tyler Glass.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Today, across baseball, the Major League Baseball trade deadline came and went. The Dodgers were active acquiring some players at the deadline. More on that throughout the pregame show. Here first pitch from Petco Park is coming up at six forty Coming up over the next hour, more on the trade deadline, Who the Dodgers acquired, why they acquire. Then David Vasse goes one on one with one of the newest Dodger infielders. We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, certainly happy about his Dodgers team where they're at and the additions that are coming. Shortly, we'll check in with Kirsten Watson from Sports in at LA, and in just a few minutes we'll hear from Rick Monday and Tim Neverd out the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers were off yesterday before that.
Speaker 2: In Sandy Or at Houston on Sunday, the Dodgers defeated the Astros thanks to River Ryan Yeah, the rookie right hender, went five and two third innings, pitched well, didn't get up his first hit until the fifth inning. He allowed just one run, two hits, struck out eight along the way. The Dodgers' offense took a time around the lineup to get the offense going, and when they did, they hit some home runs. James Autman a solo shot in the fifth, his fourth of the year, and the Dodgers took the one nothing lead. The very next the six Gavin Lucks added two more.
Speaker 4: Going on nobody out Rnander's leads at first pitch swung on Well hit to right going back onto.
Speaker 5: This low Perfido.
Speaker 4: He's at the track, He's at the wall.
Speaker 6: He looks up. It's gone.
Speaker 7: A home run.
Speaker 4: Gavin Lucks a two run shot to right field and the Dodgers lead at three to nothing for Lucks home run number six as he continues to hit for power, hit for production since the All Star Break.
Speaker 5: Loucks with a two run home run.
Speaker 2: Gavin Lucks goes deep, Dodgers up three to nothing. River Ryan would pitch into the sixth inning. He would lead with two outs, a runner on second base. Alex Vessi had took over in the first pitch. He threw to the Ardillaz a two run home run and the Dodgers' lead was three to two. Back came the Astros uh oh shades of the day before, in which the Astros came back and beat the Dodgers, but this time around the Dodgers wouldn't happen, and the eighth inning Dodgers up one three to two when ta Oscar Hernandez tacked on a big insurance.
Speaker 4: Run and Tioscar first Paul rips it toward the Crawford box, List hits up and it's in there. A home run for Tioscar Hernandez on the first pitch at the top of the eighth and the Dodgers lead it four to two. Home run number twenty two for ti.
Speaker 2: Oscar Taskar Hernandez goes deep. Cavin b Show would attack on an RBI single later in the eighth inning as the Dodgers went up five to two and the ninth one more for the good guys. Jason Hayward to sack fly that gave the Dodgers a six to two lead. Brent Honeywell came in and pitched the ninth inning, did not give up a run or a hit, struck out of batter. As the Dodgers go on and beat the Houston Astros on Sunday by final of six to two. River Ryan gets the win, He's first in the Big Leagues. As the Dodgers salvaged the series in Houston, they picked up a game on the Padres on Sunday as well, and here they are taking on the Padres for a two game series at Petco Park and the Dodgers with a six and a half game lead in the division. Tyler Glass now on the mount of the series opener, first pitch coming up at six forty with more we head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Tim never guys.
Speaker 4: Thanks Tim. Perfect night for baseball in San Diego. Not a cloud to be seen anywhere, Blue Skies right now. It's going to be a very pleasant evening. Lots of Dodger fans have made the trip all around the Santa Fe depot, the train station that comes straight in from Union Station in La. Tons of Dodger fans around there in downtown today as the Dodgers and Podres start a two game set, and the Dodgers six and a half up on the Podres in the National League Western Division standings Padres fifty seven and fifty one, the Dodgers sixty three and forty four, so very important head to head series beginning here tonight. Tyler Glass, now eight and six and a three four seven ERA, gets the start.
Speaker 5: Four the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Matt Waldron, the knuckleballer. He is six and nine, he has got an ERA of three sixty four. He will go for the Padres. So the day off yesterday, the trading deadline has come and gone, and it was pretty busy. The big news the Dodgers getting Jack Flaherty, the southern California native out of Harvard Westlake, getting him from the Tigers in a deal. Kevin Kirmeyer, a four time goal glove center fielder, is coming. Also, Amed Rosario is back after he was here last year. And Tommy Edmund and Michael Kopek ready to go. But tonight the only one ready to go is Kopek.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and other faces they will arrive as they come into town. But I think for the Dodgers overall, Okay, the trade deadline is coming gun now.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers have to play better.
Speaker 8: You know, they've lost nine to the last twelve on the road and they're coming in. The Padres is thinking about San Diego. On the eighteenth of June, they were in fourth place in the Western Division. Well to knock on the door, knowing if they can take both of these games, they move within four and a half of first place. And for San Diego, they just went seven and two in their road trip that took them to Cleveland, to Washington and to Baltimore as well. So they've won seven of their last eight games. Feeling good about themselves, and they were like, nothing better than to upset the Apple cart. But the Dodgers coming out of the series.
Speaker 4: One guy who should be feeling good about himself on the Dodger roster is Gavin Lux who over his last nine games is hitting five twenty that's right, five twenty thirteen for twenty five with three home runs and seven extra basits.
Speaker 8: Yeah, his bat has been red hot. And if you look at what Joe Otani does the last twelve games, he's.
Speaker 6: Hit three point thirty three, four home.
Speaker 8: Runs, nine RBIs, he scored ten, he's swiped five different bases, So he kind of sets the stage right at the top, you know, the one guy that they really need to get going, among a few others. But for Will Smith, he's over his last eighteen And if we look at Will Smith, you know, since the beginning of May, he's hit just two o six. Now, I think he's more banged up than what he's admitting to, and that's a high fatigue level when you're behind the plate as often as he is.
Speaker 4: These two teams have not met since the twelfth of May here in San Diego. They will meet again after this two game set in Los Angeles, the last week of the regular season September twenty fourth, twenty fifth and twenty sixth, and the two game series here counters off the two games that open the season in Korea. That's how the schedule balances it out. And the Dodgers and Padre is getting set for this first game on a two game set here at pet Go Park.
Speaker 3: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we caunt you down to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shakey's Pizza Parlor. Order your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now. It's Shakys dot Com coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David Vassa. Of course they're out there. Show will go high and tight with one of the newest Dodgers infielder outfielder Tommy Edmund will dive deep into this pitching matchup. But I'm next your Otani rewind and we'll visit with sports in LA's Keirson Watson. It's all coming up as we lead you up to first pitch from San Diego Dodgers Padres. I'm sim Kates, thanks for being with us. It's Los Angeles Dodgers, Audio.
Speaker 1: Nevern Is, Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and San Diego's They take on the Padres Tyler class Now and Matt Walter.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup. First pitch from pet Goo Park, coming up at six forty.
Speaker 1: This is the rewind, putting up the MVP caliber numbers here in the National League.
Speaker 5: Now there he go.
Speaker 4: His first pitch throw down is not in time. It's a new season high for the show. Hey Otani, seven.
Speaker 8: Stolen base and most everybody in the ballpark knew he's going to be taking off at some point in time. He just got a very big jump. Good throw to second base also is perfectly on the mark. But O'tani just steals it out.
Speaker 2: Right, shoei Otani? What can he do at the plate? He went oh for four, but he got on base. Vo walk. You just heard his career high twenty seventh stolen base of the season, part of a Dodger six to win over the Astros on Sunday. This Otani rewind brought to you by Eto Ins, Japan's number one Green Tea and the tea that showy Otani loves and drinks available at local diso stores, Amazon and eto in dot com. That's it O e N dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirston now joins us from Petco Park. Been a busy day for the Dodgers. Four moves in the last two days. Two big moves today, Kirston, what's the latest, Who's a ride and who hasn't?
Speaker 9: Yeah, lots, what's going on today?
Speaker 1: So what we do know?
Speaker 9: Tommy Edmund who was traded from the Cardinals, he is with the team. He's not activated. He's not gonna be playing for at least a couple more weeks because he's working his way back. This past offseason he had to have surgery on his wrist and then was nursing a ankle sprain, so he's doing his rehab assignment. He told us he's got a couple more weeks and then he feels like he will be in a good spot. But he is with the team, so he is in San Diego, also from San Diego, so this is kind of a fun one for him. Then we've also got Michael Kopick from the White Sox.
Speaker 1: He is with the team.
Speaker 9: He's very well rested, so likely we'll get into the game today. He will be activated at some point this evening. He's with the team Today. We had even more news. Oh my, actually we missed Amed Rosario. My apologies. He is not with the team right now. Dave roberts that he's working his way back. He is one we're obviously familiar with because last year was traded to the team, So he not with us just yet, but we'll have a very similar role to what we saw with him last year, a key utility guy, a great option off the bench. Then we've got Jack Flaherty starting pitcher from the Tigers. He was supposed to start yesterday. Actually, he is making his way to San Diego. He's a hometown kid, grew up in Los Angeles, so he's got to be just thrilled to be making his way to the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: I have to.
Speaker 9: I know he has photos of growing up being a Dodgers and fan, so this must be a dream come true for him. So Dave was saying, they're still trying to figure out when he's gonna get an outing. It could be in Oakland, but he's going to be joining the team hopefully tomorrow. Everything's kind of a little up in the air. And then you've got Kevin Kiermeier. So he was a part of the big trade today and he is not with the team just yet, maybe tomorrow. But Dave was saying with he was a teasment in Canada for a long time, and with obviously, as much as it is a team in Major League Baseball, crossing country lines, I can be a little challenging, so he might take a couple of days. We might be seeing him in Oakland. So a lot of new faces in Dodger Blue today, but there's also a really exciting buzz right now of just you know, this team they wanted to get better. And I think what we saw at this trade deadline there were a lot of questions. There are a lot of guys who are injured right now, but we now have a lot of options, a lot of whether it's a key starting pitcher, guys who are high leveraging the bullpen, utility player. So there are now a lot of options that the Dodgers can use. And so that's I think it's been a successful deadline, wouldn't you say absolutely?
Speaker 2: I know a lot of Dodger players are probably looking around wondering if they'd be sent off. A lot of guys sticking around, and we're gonna get some additions coming here and we'll see what happens the final stretch run of the season for this Dodger team.
Speaker 3: Kirsten, appreciate it. We will check you with you after the game.
Speaker 2: Brought to by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Just donate today. Your car can be picked up tomorrow. Donating now, are Cars for Kids done? Or that's cars with a cave still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: David vasdeg goes high and tight.
Speaker 2: We'll get you an injury or but I'm next well here for the manager himself. In a busy day for the Dodger front office. We'll hear for the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts when we would come back, leading you up to Dodgers and Padres first pitch at six forty. I'm Tim Katsi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunts on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck continues, so he leads out to first pitch from San Diego Morogo Casino Resorting Spy Grand Slam for good time. Certainly good times. Now that the trade deadline is coming gone, both the Dodgers and Padres making additions. One of the latest Dodgers editions Tommy Edmunds David Vesse will go one on one with him coming up in just a little bit. First pitching Petco Park set for six forty.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Chris Taylor on the IL at the left croying strain. Miguel Rojas on the IL at the right forearm tightness, Mookie Bets on the IL at the fraction left hand, but he is hitting off a te and doing baseball activities.
Speaker 3: That is good news.
Speaker 2: Yoshinoba Yamamoto on the IEL at the strained rotator cuff. He can't come off the sixty day IL until mid August, but he has thrown off the flat ground. That is good news. Walker Bueler on a rehab assignment. Michael Grove Brusdar Graderol Ryan Brasier, all on rehab assignments, working their way back, Max Munsey, slowly but surely, hopefully we'll rejoin this Dodgers team. All right, let's head back out to San Diego and check out with the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Skipper questions for Dave, Dave?
Speaker 6: Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 9: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts Well, Dave, lots of moves today.
Speaker 1: Was it what you expected? Are more than you expected?
Speaker 6: I would say all of the above.
Speaker 10: I sort of left myself in a position that you just kind of leave it open ended and really excited about what we did.
Speaker 6: You know. I know that.
Speaker 10: You know obviously to start with kier Maier over here for defense, I think that's great. I just talked to Michael. He's really excited about being here a copek and just kind of basically saying whatever role that we have for him, he's excited to do whatever we ask. Tommy I spoke with him briefly, and he seems like he's on his way back as far as health. Don't know when he's gonna be in uniform for us or what position, but he's willing to do whatever we need. So just kind of his versatility and his you know, baseball IQ is an intelligence ballplayer is going to be certainly big for our club and Jack, you know, I mean, he's a guy that's been wanting to be a Dodger, being from the valley for you know, for so long, wanting to be a Dodge or so to get that done.
Speaker 6: I really excited when.
Speaker 9: You think about just the position player side and all the guys, most of being utility players. I know you just kind of mentioned with Tommy you don't really know what position he's going to be, But how valuable is it just bringing guys who can be in multiple multiple positions considering the injuries that you are dealing with at the moment.
Speaker 10: I think it's important because there's a lot of things that are unknown and specifically to you know, Mookie's return, Miggy Rowe, Moncie, and so to have guys that are versual that can move around, it just gives us some coverage and quality ball players that can defend. So right now, I still think there's a lot of questions, but I think we have some answers.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 11: Jack was supposed to start yesterday. When do you expect him to start for you?
Speaker 10: You know, yeah, I think that we're going to get on the horn with them, So obviously it's not today. I just don't see us moving off of Clayton tomorrow. So then we have the off day, so I think, you know, coming here, get with the guys and potentially throwing a pen. And I would assume Oakland makes sense that some one of those days.
Speaker 11: With Keirmeyer and Edmund in the fold, now, is Andy and Hayward going to share right field?
Speaker 10: You know, we'll see, you know, I'm want to kind of look at this, and it just happened today. So obviously I know KK is a lockdown defender, but I don't know that answer right now, so I still have to digest it. And you know, I want to talk to coaches in our front office and see kind of what their vision is and make sure that we're all on the same page.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: There's Dave Roberts reacting to the Dodgers trades that they made the last forty eight hours early the auditions welcome site for those in that Dodgers clubhouse. Even with a six and a half game lead in the division, Dave Roberts down the dugout. Brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a tighten in his own right, and he's got a plan before his team makes the field. You need one too.
Speaker 3: Your growing contracting business.
Speaker 2: Let's Service Titan help you implement it more at service titan dot Com.
Speaker 3: When we continue, we will check.
Speaker 2: In with David Vasse get you the latest for leading you up to first pitcher San Diego, Dodgers and Padres. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and San Diego is a take on the p Andres Tyler class. Now the mantletives deeper to those numbers coming up the umpire crew for tonight's game. Brought to you by Fred Loya Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, David, we talked about it from the last month a lot here on Dodgers on deck. What are the Dodgers gonna do with the trade deadline? What were you hearing leading up to the three o'clock Pacific deadline?
Speaker 3: Well, it is coming gone.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers made four trades in the last twenty four hours. The biggest one Jack Flherity, they acquire to help out this rotation.
Speaker 3: Is this one of those trades that makes this a win at the.
Speaker 11: Deadline without a doubt, Tim, The Dodgers needed an impact starter before three o'clock today, and they got him, and they did not give up that much. In fact, I'm hearing here in San Diego, aj Preller is a little upset that the Tigers did not demand more from the Dodgers for Jack Flaherty. All the Dodgers gave up was a defensive shortstop in Trey Sweeney and a catcher that may not be a catcher by the time he gets to the major leagues. And the Dodgers get one of the best starters this year in the American League and Jack Flerity.
Speaker 5: Who is coming home.
Speaker 11: His mom posted a Twitter pick of a little Jack and a Dodger onesie when he was growing up. So he's from the San Fernando Valley, Harvard Westlake, and he has my understanding talking to pe that know Jack, he got refocused this year and that's part of the biggest reason why he has had such a good season so far. Also, the Dodgers and Jack Flaherty were talking about a signing during the offseason during the winter meetings. It obviously did not happen, but they finally get their guy, and Jack Flaherty now is a big part of the front end of the Dodger rotation that doesn't have as many question marks as they did twenty four hours ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he talked about it earlier on with Petrol some money about where maybe he slides in in the postseason. But what about his next start in his first started Dodger uniform. When do we expect that?
Speaker 11: David Dave said that it's going to be probably in Oakland. Remember yesterday Jack Flaherty was supposed to start, but the Tigers scratched him just to be safe where no freak injury could happen. So he's well rested. You can't have him on the shelf for too long. As we know, starters are creatures of habit. After Tomorrow's game here in San Diego. The Dodgers have another day off on Thursday before they start their final series ever in Oakland, and I would expect Jack Flaherty to start Friday.
Speaker 2: David is brought to you by our friends at Ford. If there's one thing we like, it's choices. Find yours at the four f one to fifty gas hybrid or the all electric tough This mark can only be called f one fifty, all right, David.
Speaker 3: The doctors got.
Speaker 2: Some help in the bullpit with Michael Kolepek, and you get a chance to sit down talk with him earlier.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Him and Tommy Edmond, who's going to join us a little bit later, met with the media today, and Michael Kopek seems to feel like every other white sock that got traded last year and this year he has a new lease on his baseball life being with the Dodgers, and certainly excited.
Speaker 7: I've got a glimpse of playoff baseball, but I think playoff baseball brings out the best in ballplayers, and to be around a group of guys that have done it so much and to know that that's what we're working towards and working towards wards the World Series. I think you know. It's exciting for me and exciting for the club.
Speaker 11: The Dodgers have had a reputation, specifically Connor McGinnis, of helping guys really maximize their talents and repertoire. Have you had a chance to talk to him and do you believe he could really help you?
Speaker 7: Just a quick introduction so far, but I've heard a lot of great things and I'm excited to get to work with him.
Speaker 11: What's it like to be teammates with Joe Kelly again?
Speaker 7: I love Joe man. I love Joe. He's one of the kind and he has fun playing the game, and he plays the game well. So to be reunited with him and be in this organization means a lot.
Speaker 5: You haven't pitched in a while, so he might be the freshest guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's been a few days. I have a feeling that I am the freshest guy, so I'm ready to go whenever.
Speaker 11: It feels like Michael Kopek is getting in the game tonight because he hasn't pitched in the last four or five days. Tim and the Dodger bullpen certainly was used a lot in Houston, so he's coming in at the right time.
Speaker 2: David, I'm curious, what is the vibe around the clubhouse, on the field during batting practice. Is it a sigh of relief? Is it excitement? I mean, could have gone either way with additions or no additions to the trade deadline. It could have been what you see is what you get the final two months of the season. But they get some additions to this team.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I've been around teams where the front office doesn't make an impact trade and basically it doesn't give the team any life or you know, twenty years ago, when the Dodgers were not as dominant as they are now, a marginal pickup really did not feel like there was an endorsement from the front office. But the Dodgers feel like this is going to give them the pieces they need to make a push not only to win the NLS, but also to win the World Series. Their defense got better to Tim Kevin Kiermeyer, Tommy Edmond when he gets on the field, makes their defense much better. Their center field defense was not that great, and they certainly upgraded in that department. It also allows the Dodgers to possibly consider moving Mookie Bets back to right field if Gavin lux continues to swing the bat the way he's swinging it.
Speaker 3: All right, Dave Gray stuffill check back you with you just a little bit. Dodger fans.
Speaker 2: Enhans are listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening to Dodger games and HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plans serving all Angelino's Lacare dot Org. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, We'll get your magical moment Dodgers Padres. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Padres started a two game series from Petco Park. Dodgers a six and a half game lead in the division. Tyler glassnow on the mound. First pitch set for six forty.
Speaker 1: Who It's time for the halfe mat Moment Bitch Magical Magic Phone presented by Hawvey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: September twenty fifth, twenty nineteen, the Dodgers were in San Diego taking on the Padres, and the Dodgers got a couple of home runs from Jock Peterson and when Rios win Deep Dodgers get the victory six to four over the Padres after taking an insurance run in the top half of the ninth inning. Ken Lee Jansen came on in relief for the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Two down bottom of the ninth Nobody on the one one Hosber hits a ground. Oh, it's a line shot right into the glove of Jansen. Look what I found. Save number three hundred for ken Ley Jansen.
Speaker 2: Ken Ley Jansen closed it out in the ninth inning and a six four Dodgers win in San Diego. Saved number thirty two in twenty nineteen, but saved number three hundred of his career with the Dodgers, where he spent twelve seasons and finished with three hundred and fifty saves with the Boys in Blue and is the Dodgers all time save leader. This Hofey Magical Moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, a so Cal treasurer for over one hundred years, based on Hofey Bran dot com. To find out where you can purchase crave delicious Haffey hot Dogs, and we.
Speaker 3: Continue here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: We will check you with Rick Monday for leaning you up to first Pitch Dodgers and Padres.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Padres from Petco Park started a two game series Tyler Glass now Matt Walter in the pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Dodgers fans.
Speaker 2: Start your future at a California community college. Financial aid is available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. The fall semester is right around the corner, so it's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly. So enrolled today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David bas saying, here's La Dodgers broadcastre and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Rick a fun Day trade deadline, Dan the.
Speaker 8: Dodgers going on with the Dodgers recently.
Speaker 11: Hey, I was happy that they found a way to fill some needs before three o'clock today.
Speaker 8: I must tell you is that it has captured some headlines. And I don't know about the flavor downstairs. You can better address that, but I know from the Dodger nation. If you're going around, you'll look at the the additions the Dodgers have made, and it is rather impressive when you start to look is at the Dodgers with the injured list. We talked about this a couple of days ago. I mean, with all the injuries that they have and on the injured list, I mean Mookie Bets, Max Munsey is still on the list. You look at Chris Taylor, Miguel Rojas is on that list. Freddie Freeman is away from the ball club for a few more days. So if you look at what the Dodgers have been able to do and what Friedman was able to do and make me some deals, I mean, this is rather eye opening to see what is now going to transpire.
Speaker 5: Rick, You've been part of a world championship team.
Speaker 11: You understand that the parts are not always great on their own. The sum has got to be greater than the part, and the.
Speaker 8: Other part too is and this is one of the areas that I think the Dodders have been excelling in. If you look at the number of years, you can make all kinds of deals, and you can make all kinds of acquisitions on say, Okay, this guy plays disposition. Are they a pitcher of the defensive players that hit or whatever it is. The bottom line is do they fit with our personnel? Do they fit with our ball club? Do they fit with our organization? And I think if you look at it what we know about these players, yes, the answer is yes, they fit in all those different categories. Now how they perform is going to be up to them, but they do fit into what the Dodgers have done. And you know, I think it's always important. Look, you have to be able to make acquisitions that you know your chemistry is going to remain intact and your focus remains intact.
Speaker 11: And the Dodgers obviously felt like they needed to upgrade the defense in center field Tommy Edmund, a versatile player that can play center, and veteran Kevin Kiermyer, who already announced he is retiring at the end of this season.
Speaker 8: Between now and then whatever that is going to be, and hopefully it's not until after Game seven or maybe Game four of the World Series and the Dodgers have a chance to get the trophy. I mean, there's a lot of water that goes under the bridge between now and that possibility, But Kevin Kiermer can still go and get it and run it down with the best of them. At the present time. What he does offensively don't know. We'll find out on that end of it. But if we look overall at the Dodgers defensively in center field, they have not really been taking baseball by, you know, by a windstorm. There's some need an improvement there on a consistent basis, and.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers were able to do that.
Speaker 11: Andy pie Has and Jason Hayward likely to platoon in right field. Now, you've been part of teams where trades have happened and you brought in one or two or three new players. What's it like to bring in these group of players in the middle of a season.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 8: And I think that one of the things that Dave Roberts excels in is understanding and communicating with his players and let them know. Look, these are the roles that we project you in being used. Now that projection may change because of reality. Someone gets hurt, someone comes off the injured list, someone doesn't hit. Someone all of a sudden has defensive problems. You've got now some choices instead of well we don't have an option. Dave Roberts said, how many days ago, what were the alternatives when you start to make out a lineup? He did not have any choices to make those decisions from him.
Speaker 5: Now he does, Yeah, no doubt, and now his bench is a lot deeper.
Speaker 6: Rick.
Speaker 11: He did not really have much of a bench to go to when certain players were starting.
Speaker 6: And now you've got a couple more pitchers too.
Speaker 5: No doubt, and the Dodgers certainly needed that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, thanks Rick, great to be in San Diego with you.
Speaker 5: I told Manny Machado, hello for you.
Speaker 6: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we'll take that to the bank.
Speaker 11: Okay, we'll send it back to you in the studio. We'll get out of here clean.
Speaker 3: All right, Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at Speedycash dot comer stopping in LA area Speedy Cash store. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching match up.
Speaker 6: Rick.
Speaker 2: We'll be back with Tim Neffett right before first pitch with those keys.
Speaker 3: To the game.
Speaker 2: But I'm next to go high and tight it with one of the nude Dodgers, Tommy Edmund, lead you up to Dodgers and Padres on this Tuesday and night. Dodgers first place to top the NL West. Padres start the night six and a half games back at the Dodgers. First pitch coming up in six forty. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Padres from San Diego. Tyler Glass, now, Matt Walter and the Knuckleball are the bitching matchup Dodgers Baseball presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, but to Children's Hospital l A rank number one in California for pediatric care. They're the best find out and find the right doctor as c h L a dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vass a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high end tight.
Speaker 11: We're joined right now by one of the newest members of the Dodgers, a stuntfoot man, Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 12: I'm really excited to be here and excited to be part of a great team.
Speaker 5: How unexpected was this trade for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 12: It was certainly out there. You know, it wasn't really on my radar a few weeks ago, especially being injured this whole year, and but I really started coming along in that injury recovery, and once I started hearing my name thrown around a few days ago, I was kind of excited to hear that it was the Dodgers, you know. So I'm ecstatic to be here, really really looking forward to getting back and contributing.
Speaker 11: I know you're a versatile player, But have the Dodgers told you where they see you playing when you come back?
Speaker 12: No, not necessarily. I think my role is kind of influx right now. You know, there's a lot of moving parts with the trade, acquisitions and injuries and things like that, so don't necessarily know where I'll be playing. But that's kind of been my role for my career thus far, you know, being able to move around the field and help out wherever necessary.
Speaker 11: Where is the rehab on your ankle? From what I understand, the Cardinals were expecting you to come back and play within ten days.
Speaker 5: Is that a fair expectation.
Speaker 12: It's I can't really estimate when that'll be. You know, I haven't played the field yet, and the goal was to start playing the field this week. But I think with these guys are gonna evaluate the ankle themselves and really figure out where it's at and and really get a good idea of what that timeline will look like. So we'll probably know a little bit more in the next couple of days.
Speaker 11: How have you felt through this entire process. Do you feel like you're starting to feel like Tommy Edmund of old?
Speaker 12: Yeah, starting to, you know, I'm just looking forward to being back at one hundred percent again and being able to play baseball like I know I'm capable of.
Speaker 11: I know you're from La Joya, you're an o C kid, you went to Stanford. How good is it to come back to California and play for the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, it's great. It's great.
Speaker 12: I love coming back to southern California. It makes things really easy for myself and my family, and you know, really looking forward to being in this weather a little bit more.
Speaker 11: Who was Tommy Edmund's kind of childhood hero to pursue this stream of baseball.
Speaker 12: Well, growing up in San Diego, I actually watched a lot of Tony Gwynn, so he was he's one of the best hitters of all time, but there were a lot of actually one of the other former Dodgers potters guys with Adrian Gonzalez, So he was. He was a ton of fun to watch hit.
Speaker 11: Hey, you just went over Dodger fans by saying Adrian Gonzalez was your guy.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he was. He was a stud and he was one of my favorite guys to watch.
Speaker 11: That's my understanding of watching you play. I would say, you're a guy that puts the ball in play. You believe in uh in contact. It feels like that's kind of the pillar of what you do as a hitter. And Tony gwyn and Adrian Gonzalez were like that as well.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they're both, you know, such pure hitters and and have a great idea of what they're doing to the play. And I mean, one can only aspire to be as good as those guys. So if that's a that's the goal I'm going for, then you know, if I if I fall way short of that, I'll still hopefully be a good hitter.
Speaker 5: Hey, before I let you go.
Speaker 11: Walking into that clubhouse with so many superstars m vps. What was it like to go in there.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's a little surreal, you know, especially playing against these guys over the past few years. I know they got some incredibly good players on the team and and it's been a lot of fun. You know, They've been very welcoming to me so far, and looking forward to getting to know everyone a little bit better.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot for the time, and welcome to the Dodgers.
Speaker 11: Glad you're wearing blue because the Cardinal Red man that stings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: I'm excited to be here.
Speaker 11: There, he goes Tim, one of the newest members of the Dodgers, acquired at the trade deadline, Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 5: We'll send it back to you.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 3: Good to hear him.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a great guy. He's gonna fit right in with this Dodgers team. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast.
Speaker 3: When it's game day, it's group day at.
Speaker 2: Shakys dot com. Lead you up to first pitch on this Tuesday night. It's the Dodgers and the Padres. First pitch coming up at six forty. Up next, we'll dive deeper into this pitchy matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Katson's Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Audio that.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the blue All season.
Speaker 2: Off Dodgers in Pots the start of a two game series. First pitch for pet Go Park is coming up a six forty.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four to coma See your Toyota dealer today.
Speaker 3: They make it easy.
Speaker 2: Matt Waldron on the Mountain six and nine with the three sixty four era. Twenty seven year old right hander was an eighteenth round pick of Cleveland in twenty nineteen on the University of Nebraska. Traded to the Padres at the deadline in twenty twenty. He's in his second full season now in the big leagues. He's a knuckleballer. I mean he throws it a lot. He also throws a sweeper occasionally a fastball. Last time out, six innings, three runs, four hit, four strikeouts in a win over the Nationals. This is his third start against the Dodgers this season. He is zero to one with a two to sixty one erra. Tyler Glass now on the mound, eight and six with a three forty seven ERA, thirty year old right hander in his first season with the Dodgers, making his twentieth start. He is third of the Major leagues of ballion average against, fourth and whip sixth in strikeouts.
Speaker 3: He's an All Star. Last time out, five.
Speaker 2: Innings, two runs, four hits, four strikeouts and a loss to the San Francisco Giants. He is facing the Padres for the third time this season, the sixth time in his career, no wins, no losses in a to twelve ERA with nineteen strikeouts. So it's Tyler Glass Now and the knuckleballer Matt Waldron Dodgers Padres. We are fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next of Tim Katson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 8: As we were saying.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers, Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Padres.
Speaker 2: Tyler Glass now on the mount eight and six three forty seven ERRA one hundred and forty seven strikeouts in nineteen starts, the knuckleballer Matt Waldron on the mound for San Diego Dodgers fans, and a hands You're listening experience.
Speaker 3: By downloading the iHeartRadio. I've been listening an HD.
Speaker 2: It's all Power by Lacare Health Plans serving all Angelinos Lacare dot Org.
Speaker 3: All right, let's head back.
Speaker 2: Out to the two guys on the call tonight, Rick Monday Tip never guys.
Speaker 6: Thanks again. Tim.
Speaker 4: Tyler glasnow gets the start tonight for the Dodgers eight and six and a three four seven ERA, opposing the knuckleballer Matt Waldron Waldron six and nine and a three six four ERA. Glass is now coming off a loss against San Francisco last Wednesday, and he is zero in one with an ERA of seven seventy one in his last three starts. Glass now looking to write the ship here tonight in San Diego.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I thank you for Glass now one thing that really works out well, you know he uses the breaking pitch exceptionally. Well, from this standpoint, one hundred and forty seven shrankouts, you know, eighty six of those coming on on breaking pitches left handers. Well, they're hitting just one p eighty or lack of hitting one to eighty eight if you have on that end of it. On the flip side of the coin, Dodgers have to figure out Waldron, not just the knuckleball. You look at Waldron, though the first inning has been somewhat problematic, an era of almost seven in that very first inning. In seven of his thirteen home runs he's allowed have also come in the opening frame of a bowl game.
Speaker 4: He mixes in other pitches with the knuckleball, fastball, two seamer, a sweeper, and a cutter, so he's not exclusively a knuckleballer. And his knuckleball is a little firm too, and.
Speaker 8: He tries to throw it. If he's going to throw it a lot, it's going to be first pitch. In fact, all speed pitches almost seventy percent of the time to this point in the season.
Speaker 4: Dodgers one and two on the current road trip, looking for a win here in San Diego tonight, It's Matt Waldron against Tyler Gladsnow, Tim all.
Speaker 2: Right, first pitch is next Dodgers padres a battle for first and the NLS enjoy this one. I'm Tim Kates has been wrong with Casino Dodgers on deck on Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network ex