Speaker 1: This show is brought to you by the four Finger Discount Patreon, where you'll find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive Simpson's reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of Going Down to South Park, tales of Futurama, Bob's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Sifould, The One About Friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com slash four finger Discount only.
Speaker 2: I don't think we should build a fence.
Speaker 3: Haven't we always taught the children to make friends with those who are a little different?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Mandy's first words are in I'm in release. No. Do you see march? No? Do you see why we must build that fence? Build it, homie, make it as tall as the sky and deeper than hell. Yeah yeah, four Finger Discount. Dude, welcome to four Finger Discount, the podcast where We're come and to America. Okay, so what was that from? Was that? That's the Neil Diamond song? That's the Neil Diamond song. Is that called they Come to America? Yeah? They're just called America the song? I guess, so yeah, I mean, is there an album he had called America No, it was hot all this night. That was his big one, wasn't it. Yeah, two complete different things. I was about to say it starts with an A. That's correct. Okay, Yeah, you made the connections very very tenuous, but you got there in the end. He's just he has built somewhat of a career around I'm not bashing Neil Diamond, right, I know maybe five of his songs, but everyone seems to love them. Oh yeah, and people who like Neil Diamond love Neil Diamond. Yeah very much. Again for a guy who's surprisingly sort of anonymous, he's a really really big star. Only was yeah, but you go back through the cattle. I was like, this guy's got an absolute bangers. Yeah, yeah, was a brother loves Traveling Salvation Show. Great song, not just Sweet Carolina, not just Sweet Caroline, Bah, don't don't even do it, but here, but talking about coming to Homerica an episode that you didn't like. I just rewatched it before we started recording here, and I'm gonna be honest, I actually really enjoyed it because I thought, for the most part, it had a genuine and thoughtful story and message that it wanted to get across. It did so in a very un Simpson, unmodern Simpson, I want to say, modern Simpsons. Season twenty Simpsons episode way where there wasn't many racist gags or anything like that, or homophobic gags. It was more a case of we're trying to push equality and push you know, unity, unity in that in community and whatnot. And I thought there was plenty of last long the way, I thought they did a very solid job. Well, just like they put the spring in Springfield, was they put the unity in community. You're right, Yes, you're misrepresenting me little. I didn't hate it. I just thought it was there. I just thought it was there, that's right. It was just fine. Yeah, which is fine. Of course you're gonna have a bunch of episodes like that where a bunch of stuff just happens.
Speaker 1: But this is the finale of season twenty, so we've got to the end of season twenty. Guys, we made it.
Speaker 2: We made it all the way. What episode number is this, look at us. It's episode twenty one of season twenty.
Speaker 1: I know that of the overall series hoevny episodes of reviewed now on this show in chronological order. I gonna get a list of episodes. You continue speaking, well, patting this out.
Speaker 2: Wife, Yeah, well, I'll just dray out one of my famous lines. It was my understanding there will be no math. Do you want sar math? Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well season twenty my life avoiding it season twenty. So that would mean that this episode the finale was episode four hundred and forty one of the Simpsons.
Speaker 2: Moll.
Speaker 1: That means there are four hundred and forty one reviews that there feed listen to, plus a bunch of other ones we've done as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, correct, Yeah, we've done the odd Guy on Springfield.
Speaker 1: There's like, there are so many I think there's like seven hundred hours of content out there for free. If you like the free stuff, why do't you pay for the extra stuff on Patreon.
Speaker 2: We can support us now. If you're watching this on YouTube, link for that as a description this video. If you're listening out there in podcast world, link is also in the description of this podcast. But yes, of course, thanks to everyone who was watching us right now on YouTube, make sure he'd subscribe. If you enjoy the show, give us a thumbs up and comment blow and tell us what you think of the show, and everyone out there listening in podcast word, thank you for continuing to support us here at four Finger Discount. Oh, the Sultan of Sprook. That's well done, all.
Speaker 1: Right, but yeah, coming to Home America. Your first thoughts of it were it was just kind of there, But look, what was it about it that didn't make you sort of didn't take you away?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, Journey. First of all, I was just astonished by you know that Crystal Ball the Simpsons seems to how yeah, how it just predicts the future all the time.
Speaker 1: When I built this fence, I was like, Holy Christmas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it's just like something that's going to happen in the future, or stuff that's maybe happened in the past, or stuff that happens in the world. It's not necessarily yeah, we know what's going to happen years down line. It's just like people do this. People build walls, people build fences, people try to separate the other from themselves.
Speaker 1: I think more because it was to keep the immigrants out. That's where so people got this episode again seventeen sixteen whenever it was yeah, around at that time when Donald Trump says We're going to build a wall, make them build it, make them pay for it, that kind of thing. And it's pretty much exactly to a t what this episode is. Yeah, this is actually kind of scary how this isn't predicting the future, but it's just kind of scary.
Speaker 2: How on the nose it was well on the money. Actually, this is not so much the Simpsons sort of being able to predict the future as Donald Trump just having no original thoughts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clearly a Simpsons fan.
Speaker 2: Well, and that too. Yeah, maybe this was maybe the war.
Speaker 1: Wasn't him being you know, an as divisive and trying to seclude people from America. Maybe it was just him paying tribute to the Simpsons.
Speaker 2: It's just him giving a shout out. Yeah, maybe maybe.
Speaker 1: That's his way of really trolling him and going, you know what, I'm a big fan of season twenty at the Simpsons, screw your golden era.
Speaker 2: I may like golden toilets, and I may like golden in the White House, but I do not like golden ear a Simpsons. Maybe his first idea was a dome. They went, don't play their hits. Yeah, keep that one up your sleep for when you really need. Yeah. Look, the framework of this episode, I guess the whole building a wall, the whole xenophobic thing xylophone. That's correct, not necessarily one hundred percent played out. I think the core message of it, though, is like, hey, guess what, there's more we have more in common than we have dividing us.
Speaker 1: How about you just talk to each other about you just talk to it, which is what happens.
Speaker 2: At the end.
Speaker 1: You know, they're not using them for work or anything like that, or they were using them for work because they building the wall, but they're just killing time doing some work and just chat, oh, we actually like the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, and being quite blatant about it by having the flann to say, hey, we're not so different you and I. Now admittedly that line to quote doctor Eevil has become such a cliche that, you know, using it becomes a bit sort of tongue in cheek, But at the same time it's like, okay, thanks for showing us your hand there episode of The Simpsons, we get the points.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you need to dumb it down for the younger viewers though, And I think this one is a good example of an episode that you show kids and say that this is what I think this kind of episode I'm not saying it was the funniest episode of anything like that, but I think this is the kind of episode that really separates your family guys, and even your futur Rummers to an extent, and your Simpsons right and your South Parks as well, because this one here is something that is good for the whole family. Yes, but at the end of it, kids are being taught something without probably realizing to being taught something.
Speaker 2: By virtue of having a positive message.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just within the show. It's not them pushing it. I mean, they are kind of pushing it and explaining it for the younger viewer. But I think I can put this down and the thing that Holly and Elliott will take away from it is, oh, we should always just sort of just include people and just realize that we're all together in this. Do you think crazy Think called the World?
Speaker 2: Do you think that the viewers of Holly and Elliott's age are going to be sort of sitting still for this episode though? I Mean, it's got some but and Lisa aspects to it, but essentially it's about the adult community of Springfield. Are they that into.
Speaker 1: That there's something about animation that kids just hooked on. I think the way the fact that the Simpsons yellow look I put gold in your episodes of The Simpsons on and there's no way Holly in Elliot are really following along what's going on.
Speaker 2: I was the same.
Speaker 1: I remember being a kid watching The Simpsons and going, I don't quite know what's happening here, but it's cartoon and it.
Speaker 2: Just looks funny. Colors, sound, funny sounds, and yeah, the occasional joke that you're going to get, and if you're watching it with an adult in the room, jokes that they get, and you know, kids are generally going to be one of like, oh a grown up things that funny. I'm guessing it should be funny. I'm thinking it should be funny as well. Let's find out why.
Speaker 1: Well, sometimes Ali, I'll notice when we're watching things like The Simpsons. We started watching The Fresh Prince of Ballet because I showed them the Carlton Dance and things like that. So started watching Fresh Prints and he's doing some stuff and he sort of looks to me as if to say, that was funny, right, He's laughing like that that was funny. Yeah, yeah, And he watches me if I laugh. He laughs as well. Okay, so I think he's just trying to feel like a grown up a little bit. Yeah, but I think they would enjoy this episode. I think there was enough happening in this that it was funny enough visual gags. There was visual gags the kids to enjoy, visual gags for adults to enjoy. There was quite a lot happening.
Speaker 2: Yet that's the thing. I mean, I guess I'm going to have to take off my adult hat for a little while and sort of maybe try to view this as a younger view would as a child would, because yeah, I mean there's some stuff in this I'm like, really, And then I think a kid would probably enjoy this. Well, we'll give me an example of that. Can you remember, Yeah, the tumbleweed going past with Ralph. Yeah, and then Ralph sort of going past as a Tumblewe that would slay with kids, Okay, well not with me. Yeah, but yeah, I've just got to be more open hearted.
Speaker 1: I think that's what The Simpsons is that it's called. Though it's a small gas board of comedy, it appeals to kids of all ages. Not every jokes we talked about Airplane on the movie Guy with Malton and Davis. How there are so many gags, and not every GAG's gonna work for you, but it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Work for somebody. Correct. Yes, that's a classic example of that well put, well put.
Speaker 1: Yes, But so overall, the story of this episode is that Krusty has announced new burger, a healthy burger made of balley. It's tainted. All the barley from Springfield is imported from Oldenville, and because it was tainted, all the meals get shut down. Oldenville are out of work, They've got no nowhere to go. The town's just deserted. They all moved to Springfield, and because they're good with their hands, they can build stuff. They take all the jobs that we don't want to do, which I think is the ultimate line from this episode, Right, they're taking out jobs. It's like the jobs that you weren't doing.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's very interesting that our sort of upcoming recording schedule yeah includes Yeah, we're going to do an episode of going down to South Park and is the episode titled Gobags, which is essentially not the same thing Unified four fingered discount. It's a real thing. You think we'd lie to you about this? We wouldn't, but that's the thing. So the story is that they come to Springfield and the Springfieldians employ the Oldenvillians to who are all Norwegian based because Norwegian immigrants came there based the whole town one hundred years ago. They are good at building the houses blah blah blah. But then all of a sudden they start realizing that they don't want them around anymore because they're taking over the town. The sense.
Speaker 1: They go to their bar, and I think this is the thing. All the things that they bring in are actually good.
Speaker 2: Most like no, they pay with cash, they're clean, and all their history is like the enchanting and interesting, and their mythology is rich and enchanting. Yeah, they's nothing but pleasant.
Speaker 1: But the hospital is a four, which means that margins can't get but it can't be seen at the hospital, that kind of thing. So people are being annoyed because there's too many people in Springfield now, so they build a wall to keep them out.
Speaker 2: But was always the case, right, I mean, yes, we're fine with immigration, we're fine with people coming to us, but oh, we love your culture, you know, we love your work ethic all that kind of stuff. Oh wait, a minute. Now, you're a dreined on our resources. Oh, your culture is overtaking ours, maybe by virtual of the fact that it's probably more rigid and chanting than ours. Yeah, I mean that that's a lesson that it's always the case, that's not always the case. Not black and white.
Speaker 1: This is not you can't just you can't just go, oh, we should just always let immigrants and that's not.
Speaker 2: How the world works. Oh, absolutely not. This is something I wanted to talk about. Yeah, I mean, because yeah, it's very easy to be open hearted and say, yeah, what's the thing on the on the bottom of the statuere liberty, give us your poor, you're tired, you're hungry. Yeah, I mean we all want to be generous. We all want to open our homes and our hearts. Not necessarily our homes, but yeah, open our borders to people. It's like, what's the lines like you don't leave home unless home wants to kill you. As a line that you hear about, you know, when people are coming from more torn countries or something like that. You want to do the right thing if you're a person with a functioning soul. Yeah, But at the same time, yeah, you do have to be you do have to set some manneries and you do have to set some limits. There in lies the conflict, doesn't it There and lies the tension.
Speaker 1: I was going to say that they maybe should have acknowledged more how it's not just black and white. They should have been allowed in, but maybe situations like the hospitals being full was their way of way of doing. This can be a detriment as well. Yeah, there's a child here who needs to be seen, but he can't becuse there's too many people in the emergency room.
Speaker 2: They did shoot themselves in the foot a little bit by making the ogdenvillions what is known as quote unquote Minnesota nice. Yeah, yeah, I mean that's a plus.
Speaker 1: Also, they're all in hospital from being injured by working for the Springfield in the Yeah, so there's.
Speaker 2: A bit going on under the hood here. Yeah, they've got some ideas.
Speaker 1: But I thought, overall though, they handled it very well, because an episode that could have been very racist. She said, compared this to the was it mypods and boomsticks were home. I thought everybody was a terrorist. That was so different from this. This one was handled much more elegantly and much more carefully. And I think they did it good. It was clever to not use Afghanistan's Well.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, are they, you know, sort of not sitting. Are they giving themselves an escape patch by making the quote unquote immigrants the whitest of the whites.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. Yes, that's that's But also is that their way of I say, tricking with quotation marks a viewer who might be obliged to go let them lock them out right, And because they're all white, the whites, it's like, oh, they're not so bad. And all of a sudden they start taking over and they go, oh, I see what you did there.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought you were giving him a nice spoonful of peanut butter. There's medicine in there. What the hell?
Speaker 1: But it got a Disneyland, So maybe that was their choice to do so so they can go, hey, it's not just what you define as an immigrant. Immigrants are all kinds. It's not just black or white. Wow what I did there? He went there, don't go there. But yeah, I enjoyed it. Yeah, and I'm glad that we didn't get a Lisa haih in her mighty subplot here as well. She she chimed him by saying, you guys were all immigrants once. Oh yeah, that was it. Yeah, there wasn't her grandstanding anything. It was just her acknowledging you do realize that we're all immigrants.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, which is a line that's yea frequently trotted out but is not untrue.
Speaker 1: My favorite will be your favorite moments from the episode.
Speaker 2: I love this exchange at the very start where Krusty's talking about his burgers and how everything's exceeding. I really liked, insanely like the whole opening bit. Yeah, but the whole what worse than the double Krsty burger somehow? Yes, a good line out of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I just liked the whole Waka Green Rapper on it charged double and look, it's so accurate.
Speaker 2: It's very true. We'll get into that when we get to review. But what else did you like? As someone who is notoriously not hansy though well, I'm very handsy. Home is lying about having a bad history of going up on roofs and any other hospitals I can relate. So I thought that was the last time you got on a roof. I think I've been up on the Lovely Louise's roof to help out. That would have been a year or so ago.
Speaker 1: We used to get on the roof to watch the fireworks in the years eve when I was younger.
Speaker 2: Roofs are fun when you're a kid, but when you're old dangerous.
Speaker 1: I've got a story. So we've got three cats now obviously you or this if you listen to the podcast. And one of them wasn't back and it was night time, and usually they're back in by it by night, right, And they went outside and shook the cat food and I could just hear them just.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, where is she? Where she trapped?
Speaker 1: What's going on? And I couldn't see anything. It was dark, right, So I get my phone out, torch, go on my phone, shine up and I see the two eyes and it's on a roof, not next door, but the house behind next door over there. So she's gotten on the roof, this little cocoa kitten, and she can't get down. So they're not home. Next door's not home. So I jumped next doors fence, jump into the back out the other one because I know they've got no I'm going just jump off the.
Speaker 2: Rooftop of theroof.
Speaker 1: She wouldn't get off the roof. There's dogs on either side of that house. So she went up on the fence. And how she got up there in the first place, I'm not too sure, right, So she's meam meam mew. Then I see so a vision. I'm looking from the back of the house. A new set of eyes pick over from the side of the house over sort of the sort of goes up and down sort of to the corner. So over the bit of the roof, over the groove, there's two eyes. It's a dirty big tom cat. So she's like trapped on the roof of this dirty big tom cat and it's just like looking at her, and it ran away when it saw me. But I had to. Then I went around to the side of this person's house. Got to had milk rates there, so I stacked up three milk crates. It was like an acrobatics.
Speaker 2: It's like on.
Speaker 1: Grass, so it's not steady. And then I'm standing on these. He's got my phone torch in one hand. Coco gets near the end. I grab her by the scruff, holding her in one hand. Then Nicola yells that but I start shaking. I thought I'm down that I'm done for. I keep my balance, get the cat, throw her over the fence. She's fine, get back down. And because I got back in a half and a plf to try and help Nickel because she'd left just water on the stove or something, orders i'd run back home. I forgot to put the crates back. So these guys are going to get home and there's just three crates strategically stacked up next to their roof. What do you think they're going to think when they get home?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, what do you think they thought when they got home? One word poltergeist.
Speaker 2: So they're going to get home and go Why are our milk creaks from the side of the house now at the back of the house and stacked up next to the house. You'd be You'd be, oh, you think that the joint was being cased. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So now if I came home that had happened, I would think, Oh, I'd be locking on the doors, getting extra security, gets the cameras. So I forgot to tell them. So it's now been three days. Do I just not say anything?
Speaker 2: Now? Is it too long? Is it too long to go? Hey? By the way, that was me because I feel like, now they've gone the extra mile and ordered extra security. How was your relationship with these neighbors. We don't know. They've never met them in my life. No, I don't know. That's the thing. I don't know them. So now I feel like now, because if they were any okay, we've got the benefit of ignorance at this day, so I would just let it lie. I think I'm just going to let it lie because I think if they're a sensible person, they've ordered security cameras. Now they have already got them, right, And I think if they've got security cameras, they would have already got the footage because we have like a state community Facebook group and I always post videos in there. If they had security cameras, I'd already be in there. And this thing, the name of that neighbor was actually Dave Pretzel's mcnow, longtime listener of the show, now knows what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, Yeah, you need me year it. Speaking of new names, and congratulations again Jared for winning the new names. But other people can enter the world card draw if they get it.
Speaker 2: That is correct.
Speaker 1: Were trying to get that three points so we can become Philip Ja again for next season.
Speaker 2: Well, we're going to give him because Jay, we've got three points of stime with Okay, well we'll see what happened.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that when we get to them that we get to that. But we've got more favorite, I'll say one more. We're getting some trivia. I really liked the visual gag. This is probably one of my favorite gags visual gags of The Simpsons in quite some time. The closed sign store. All the store, everything's closed down, but the sign that sells closed signs is open and just selling out.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's a funny gag. That's pretty good. I don't want more. This felt like old school Homer. There's a lot of bad Homer in this. I mean and not and not just I don't mean jerk out something, just lazy gags. It's like home is a dummy, Let's have him say this dumb thing.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of moments where he sort of said something out loud and I was like, this scene just didn't need that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think one of those is like where's my Nobel price? Like what's the point? There's no that adds nothing, But this I liked when they go on the double date and I know what you're gonna say. Yeah, yeah, it's like talk about taking jobs. Three wild men don't want that feels like old school home. It didn't in terms of like yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean, but it was not even like acknowledge it's not it was a drive by. It's a it's a pretty it's a decent gage. It is. Yeah, but and it's also the kind of gag that Homer would think is just like champagne comedy. And also, you know, we're all just blokes here. Yeah, oh love that. Yeah. So I thought that was really really good and just oh it's like you still know how to do it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The most episode was written by Brendan Hay and it's the only episode of The Simpsons he ever wrote.
Speaker 2: That's correct. I did a little deep diving. I did a little shallow dive. There's not a whole lot there, but it's a knee high diving. I did a bit of waiting and found that Britain Hay he's he's done a bit of work in comic books, on TV shows, things like that. He also co wrote a book called Is It Just Me? Or Is Everything Shit? Based on this episode, it's just you no, no, no, sorry, that's a low hanging through that gag. He didn't completely watch this episode, but he did have some one or two gigs and then they didn't.
Speaker 1: Sound like your spirit animal though? Is it just me as everything?
Speaker 2: Shit?
Speaker 1: It sounds like the book of your life these days? Well a little bit you come in your really shit.
Speaker 2: I like to think I phrased a little more elegantly. Having said that, I'm maybe not the only person that feels this way, given that we have patrons who are saying, hey, guy, Dando, you're ever going to do that? Shit's fact, mate, Shore. Yeah, which we might do. What do a test pilots see what the will numbers are like? Yeah.
Speaker 1: He also directed the which I haven't seen yet, the Gremlins animated prequel series. I'd never want to watch it. It's been a for years now.
Speaker 2: Yes, and artists. What's it called? Is it called Legend of the Mogwires?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I just Gremlins. To me a puppets man, They gotta puppets of it can't be animated. I call me old fashion. But he also Dawn of the CRUs and other DreamWorks work. So you know this guy's he's a worker. Yeah, he is a worker. Indeed, Yeah, what Star Wars Detours? He's the writer of the unreleased animated Star Wars comedy star Wars Detours an unreleased comedy.
Speaker 2: Okay, what does it mean? Has just been made? It hasn't been released yet? Or is it so bad that it can never be released? Star Wars Detours?
Speaker 1: Do you want a little bit of a liftime? Do mean to wait around and show you? What it says? Is an unaired American animated comedy series is differentiated from the other Star Wars animated series and that it is a parody of the franchise. It offers a comedic take on what happened between the prequel trilogy one, two, and three and the original trilogy. The series was produced by Lucasfilm in collaboration with Robot Chicken creator Seth Green and Matthews Cenric Cenric sounds about right, mat and Although thirty nine episodes of the show were produced, their release has been on hold since twenty thirteen following Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm.
Speaker 2: When so they're out there, someone, there's thirty one episodes of the show that we have not seen for ten years.
Speaker 1: Footage of the series debut at Star Wars celebration in mid twenty twelve. It was planned to be set between the events of the trilogy, as I said. In March twenty thirteen, Lucas Film postponed the release of the series after reconsidering whether a comedy series would be a sensible way to introduce the franchise to new fans. When a sequel trilogy was being produced by Disney. That September, Seth Green said, thirt nine episodes have been completed, with sixty two additional scripts finished, and it's just never been released. I knew that the Robot Chicken, the latest update beyond it were. At twenty twenty five Star Wars Celebration Japan, a Lucasfilm Animation retrospective poster was released, featuring a storm Trooper from the series among the studio's wild array of projects. Collider cided that sided this as the first official acknowledgment of the series in over a decade.
Speaker 2: Wow, sort of out there, Disney, So it's there somewhere. Let the people decide. I feel like now is the right time to release something like this. Why do you think because people are sick of the Star Wars original series on Disney. Plus you know, I know you're a big fan of and Or, but many people aren't excited for Star Wars anymore. I think this will be one way of it feels like this has been held backed by Disney because this wasn't our, so you're not going to see it. I feel if Disney released this in my bit of good faith with the hardcore Star Wars fans. Quite possibly, a Star Wars series parroting the series sounds fun. Interesting, the star Trek, what was? What does Star Wars have coming up?
Speaker 1: Are they working on a new trilogy? I don't think that the own will is the Mandalorian movie.
Speaker 2: I guess the only other one that I know about is Star Wars Colin star Fighter starring Ryan.
Speaker 1: Gosling, Wayne Gosling. No way, yeah, all right, So upcoming Star Wars projects everal new Star Wars movies are in development and up been coming. The next film slated for releases The Mandalorian and Grogoo The Worst Name of All Time set the premiere twenty twenty six, following that Star Wars Star Fighter twenty twenty seven. Several other projects are also in the works, including a movie centered around Ray Skywalker and a trilogy by Simon Kimberg, according to Space dot Com. Okay, anyway, but back to coming to America.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed we took a bit of a Star Wars tangent y Brendan Hayes. He write some good gags. Yes.
Speaker 1: This show is brought to you by the four figure discount patrinon on, where you'll find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive Simpsons reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of Going Down to South Park, tales of Futurama, Bob's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Sifould, the One About Friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com slash four figure discount.
Speaker 3: Next question you there eating the Beast.
Speaker 1: My first question for you is how much percentage of false Hey Hayes, are the pregnancy test giving? I want to say twenty twenty is correct?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah. At Krusty Berger, mm hmm. What is the little bonus treat you get when you order a crusty meal? Bonus treat? It's on the menu.
Speaker 1: Ah, I didn't notice that. It's like a little kids having meal toy kind of thing.
Speaker 2: It is, but it's krusty related. What do you think about it's a free slide whistle?
Speaker 1: Can I just acknowledge went to a birthday party? Get on the weekend? Right anyway? Life, Yes, this is a little teaser for shits fucked, mate, It's not really shit's fucked. It's just more like things that grand my gears. Yes, as a parent, right, who has to go to a lot of kids birthday parties these days? And kids love their party bags?
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Don't put whistles in your party bags or anything that makes a loud noise in the party bag, because then all that happens on the way home is noises in the backs there of the car. Don't put whistles in party bags. People, don't do it?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, terrible a fun idea in concept, But there are many things that seem fun in concept, but when you actually execute them terrible decision. Whistles and things that make loud sounds in party bags are one of them. I wholly agree with you. I know I sound old right now, but you are.
Speaker 2: Old right now. I am old right now. Okay, My next question to you, the Barley farmer being interviewed by Ken Brockman. What is his wife's name? Ah?
Speaker 1: Men, this literally I was going to go back and get the notes for it, and I didn't. I'm gonna say Helen.
Speaker 2: And you'd be wrong. It's Dagney, Dagony.
Speaker 1: Okay, they all had funny names, didn't They must just say different different.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, I.
Speaker 1: Learned nothing from us, right, terrible of me. So my next question for you is what was the show that the family were watching before they saw the commercial for the new Krusty Burger the It.
Speaker 2: Was the Drowningest Catch. Yeah, you know, it seemed to be correct, that is right. What is the name of the king who's on the Norwegian coins or the Ogden billion coins?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they say, I can't remember. It is Harold the Fifth, Harold the Fifth.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: My final question for you will be how many of the Mother Nature burgers did Homer actually eat?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It doesn't, Yeah, it doesn't. Indeed, yes, apparently everybody had one. Yeah. I initially thought, oh, Homer is sick because he ate too much of this stuff, and you know, it's barley, It's going to go right through it. So this was a bit a little bit of an interesting swerve. It's like, oh, okay, I didn't know where the episode was going.
Speaker 1: This actually fell like a classic opening act, didn't it. Oh yeah, I quite enjoyed the start of this episode. I enjoyed the episode overall. But yeah, that is all my trivia. Do you have any more questions for me? One last quarter?
Speaker 2: Then do it? Okay? Then the kid who offers art the primer paint at the end, Yeah, at the end, he's wearing a sports jersey's got a number on it. Do you remember that number? Sixteen? You're awfully closed eighteen? Yeah, indeed, this is what this is what gets you in trouble. You keep thinking, Hey, eighteen turns out to be sixteen. Oh jail beat hey entry into Speaking of the Hill and those shows will make a lot more sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've just relaunched Speaking of the Hill on our Patreon if you like King of the Hill since the show's just been rebooted. We're currently in the midst of season two. We just reviewed the episode Hank's Dirty Long Hanks Dirty Laundry, where he mistakenly gets confused for someone who would hire a pornographic pornographic pornographic film. It's not a film and not a word that sounds like something the residence of Ogdenville would say.
Speaker 2: That's that's, that's what AI has had. AI spars pornographic, pornographic. No, I think they would just call it corn. Started with the lovely kadg think you're so much Katie with your.
Speaker 1: One hundred dollars support, absolute champion. Also the following people, Glenn Gomez, Justin Parker, Zach Pruitt, Shanny Macker, Elliott, Jo O'Neill is, a Bella, Murphy, Rage Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Seawan DV Pete Anderson, Timothy Bells and Andrew Davis, Kevin Dental planned Flood Bellow win to make Jack McFadden he that will be Adrick McLeod, March, Eleven Ginger and Pickle Preston Murray, to Lee Enriquez, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan, b James Sheppard, Joe Reading said, Dave Pretzel's McNally, Gavin Lane, Demi Miller and Charlie Joe.
Speaker 2: We are very very grateful to each and every single one of you. You're keeping the lights on, You're keeping the wolf from the door fing the lights on.
Speaker 1: Indeed, Yeah, so we hope that we are supplying you with the good stuff, and everyone who supports us on Patreon on five dollars or more gets the name shad It on that first month. But you also get early and ad free access to our entire archive of shows you at the four finger to scant network, and access to one hundred hours of bonus.
Speaker 2: Podcast as well. It's a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: Our discord channel, our Facebook community, so much stuff support the show. Okay, so let's get into our reviews. Shall we have come into a marker which originally aired May seventeenth, two thousand and nine. The top three films at the US box office at that time in number three X Men Oranges, Wolverine Boo in number two Star Trek pretty good, and in number one Angels and Demons Never Seen It. It's the same three films as last week. It is the sequel to the Vinci Code. It is not that great. Let's go back and see what we what is the next the seasons obviously finished. Now let's see what was number one going forward after this? So okay, so next week we have number one Night at the Museum, the number two The Smithsonian one, Battle of the Mis Simsonian After that was up, then The Hangover came around and was number one for a few weeks. Then Transformers Revenge of the Fall Fallen was number one for a while. As I say, Age Down of the Dinosaurs. Harry Potter, The Half Blood Prince g Force, Funny.
Speaker 2: People was number one for one week.
Speaker 1: G I Joe The Rise of Cobra was number one. District nine good movie, solid inglorious basses number one. The final destination I can do bad all by myself, clad with a chance of meat balls. And that's where the Simpsons Season twenty one kicks offs of. I'll keep that one to myself. But yeah, some good movies in there, but not in the level of when we just did Hanks thirty Launde. What was that was like Titanic? A few good Will Hunting was in there, Will Hunting, the Wedding Singer, and then as good as it guess what a line?
Speaker 2: Take me back? All right?
Speaker 1: So, as we said, The original edit was March May seventeenth, two thousand and nine. Production code La b F one two, written by Brendan Hay, directed by Stephen Dean Moore. Chopball, gig It's Facebook Not Ass Book now there's a new thing here. So there's chip ll gag, catch gag. They're the usual two correct, but modern day Simpsons. When I say modern day will sleep, there's now the billboard gag in the instruments and I've written it down and this one here I should have done it for the other ones as well, but for this one here it is spied a pig of the musical music by you two and Alf Clawson.
Speaker 2: That's rest in peace, Alf rip elf. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the catch gag was the one from How the Test was one, which is probably one of my favorite catch gags in a while where they go to all the various sitcoms.
Speaker 2: It's a good one. They've used it about five times. Five times, have they really? Yeah? Okay, yeah, well I mean not prior to this, but five times in total. Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, if you need to pad time out and fill time because you can't be bothered writing something, this is the one to use.
Speaker 2: Sure. Yeah. Indeed.
Speaker 1: The episode kicks off at Krusty Loo Studios and Krusty uses playing chess with Teeny. He falls right into his trap, just like he did in Africa. Then his agent, who's appeared a few times now, his agent, and he says, your home pregnancy tests are giving false He hayes of the twenty percent of them, it was to say, hey, are you and it's not mine? He says, don't worry about this. Krusty is a illegitimate businessman. Repackage them, mark them as coffee stirs, and sell them in the Philippines.
Speaker 2: Genius. Now another rasue studies show your Krusty burger is the unhealthiest fast food item in the world, worse than a double Krusty Burger somehow. Yes, okay, here's what we do. What's that food we never put in any of our meals. Vegetables? Yeah, those guys find the cheapest one and make a burger out of it, then throw it in a green wrapper and double the price and say it's gotten. None of those those unhealthy sounding.
Speaker 3: Things trans fats.
Speaker 2: That's it. While you're in there, spray a little nicotine juice on the kid's meals. Get them looked.
Speaker 1: The idea of healthy food I've mentioned this in the podcast before at fast food restaurants just seems so redundant to me. So, yeah, if you go into a fast food restaurant, you're going for fast food you're going for empty calories, like, don't try and fool yourself into thinking you're doing good bye yourself. Just if you're gonna eat healthy, go to the middle, roll onder macas, get some maccas, get some mc nuggies with some mustard and whatnot.
Speaker 2: You know, some honey mustard?
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that your nugget? Dip of sauce?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 1: Who has it with sauce? I mean a happy meal tomatoes, smato sauce, not bad. It's got to be the honey mustard.
Speaker 2: It mat. I'm gonna throw one of the Lovely Louisa's kids under the bus, but they will.
Speaker 1: Oca make sure they stay there. Throw them right under.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, exactly. I cat dirt on the bury them under there occasually. Oh need a snack, okay, put some nuggets in the air. Fryer gonna have a be the sauce and is having ketchup play on tomato sauce. But I can't condone this. I won't sanction this buffoonery.
Speaker 1: You haven't lived until you've tried aoli as well as good Yeah, oh yeah, Honestly, my life was never the same after I tried Ali. I was I have to do everything in this now. Okay, but it's so bad for you, but it's so good.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. If you're getting like a sizeable amount of nuggets from KFC or from McDonald's or what or wherever, and you're offered the option of more than one sauce, are you just getting double the honey mustard or are you getting a bit of variety.
Speaker 1: I'm getting whatever form of aoli they have and a mustard.
Speaker 2: Okay, I will get honey mustard and sweet and sour.
Speaker 1: You have never been a sweet and sour man. Too sweet, too sour.
Speaker 2: I can't fault that, arg I can't fault your line of thinking there. But that's what I'll get. And I think the two well kind of com They're different enough, are they? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yes, When I get a steak, I get garlic sauce and mushroom sauce, and I'm mix them together. We always do it at the Park of Steakhouse. Don't just get the one, go to get the two and mix them together. It makes the ultimate sauce for your steak. So you say, yeah, I dip the nugget with two sources at the same time.
Speaker 2: I never have had. Maybe you should try that next time. Maybe I should.
Speaker 1: I dipped one end in one one and the other and then just put it all in your mouth and his gat what is his taste?
Speaker 2: Like? Honey? I broke my rule to myself the other day because it's Friday night. What's your rule? Oh? I was exhausted. It was Friday night. Was like I said, the lovely Louise like, I'm just staying and I can't be ours cooking. I'm just gonna go get some fish and chips. My fish and chip shopping around the corner. Was it closed? Really? The one I ever? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Chippy apparently like English chipies with their homemade they cut them and come and makes them at the back. That's awesome, Adam. Yeah we got to try them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good place. Shout out to Nick and Pete. Nick and Pete shout out. They were either extremely busy, because I think it was a I think cats were playing at home on on Friday night, watching it on the Telly Essendon game yours Friday, yep, yep, So they may have just been flat out busy. Maybe also a possibility, And I'm like, do I want to go to the I went to Dano's pizza joint that he recommends that it's not far from my place. It's not bad either, Razaria Romania Romania. Yes, indeed, like I'm not the move for beizs and like, oh forget, I'll just get mackets. I'd a had Macas in a while, and I'm like, I'm trying to steer away from that. But they had the new burger, the Big Arch. I believe it was called I'm like, this is a big Mac. I saw picture of them. It was like a big Mac with different sources or something like that. A big Mac. It's a big Mac with a clock in it, essentially. But I thought, oh, I'll give this a will. Yeah, it was so disappointing.
Speaker 1: It was very disapoint I hate it when you're excited for something new and it's bad.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Macas is letting the side down recently. So and yeah, I was not exactly paying fast food prices for you know, if I'm walking over this amount of money, I'd like a pretty good burger. This was not a bit of a shame. But anyway, what was your rule that you're broth though you going to macts, you go to make it a little time now. No, No, I haven't been for a while, A good long while.
Speaker 1: A few weeks ago you're like, oh, I've got machas because you just want to macs.
Speaker 2: I think that was a couple of months ago. It just blows into one week, it sure, But anyway, the point is McDonald's like Krusty Berger. These days, it pretty much is. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't remember the last time I had McDonald's and actually enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: I just it's just a watt of money to me. That's the thing. I did not enjoy. This didn't even hit me in the reptile brain where it's like, yeah, this is the stuff I used to enjoy when I was a child who had no taste. It's like this is just this cardboard. Yeah, it literally just tastes like cardboard. Yeah, yep. Good. Anyway, anyway, we've lost that sponsor. HEYKFC, though I don't care, come through. I love it, well, you love it. I don't changed the slogan. Who ever decided that absolute idiot? Well, but now it's sure to get inspired.
Speaker 1: How about that dead Air debt and I'm like no no.
Speaker 2: From Australian hip hop out Generous Genesis, Oh us, I don't care. It's a local act. I don't don't care. You don't love it.
Speaker 1: I know I do not love it. I don't care. I love it was the greatest campaign they've ever done, better than Finger Looking Good, and they blew it away. Maybe they had to, maybe they had to pay Hi.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think it's better than finger Looking Good. That has just entered the vernacular.
Speaker 1: See finger Looking Good is a slogan. This was an ad, so they're kind of too.
Speaker 2: It was a jingle, but it's not not necessarily jingle because it was pre it was I'm gonna throw it out.
Speaker 1: It is the best use of a commercial song in an ad sense, wouldn't it be nice?
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with you. You say that.
Speaker 1: That song comes on and people go, it's the KFC song, Like it's now known as the KFC song.
Speaker 2: It's a it was you live and breathe KFC, though I.
Speaker 1: Don't live and breathe it you do. But if I'm going to get takeaway, it's going to be KFC because you know why, I've got it in my notes. They don't shy away from the fact that they're giant food. They don't have a healthy optunity. They have twisters, which is at a rap, but they don't.
Speaker 2: Go out and say have a healthy opertence, like do you want your ship in a burger or do you want it in a wrap? It's like it's still junk food. Mac is trying and go this is for you. Would you like that?
Speaker 1: Would you like your childhood have apple slices and water with a happy meal?
Speaker 2: Well? Do I want to be fucking happy? How about how about I just go to where if they walk in the door, there's a whole basket of apple free lu Lulu, he's gone some apple. I'm not paying eight dollars for apple slide a bag of apple slide. This is fuck off.
Speaker 1: Go away with your healthy options. I get that it's all perception, but I think people by this point and are going I know what I'm getting. If I'm going to take away restaurant, just give me takeaway. Don't try and pretend you're healthy. I know there's some people say, but the parents, what about the parents they're buying? Well, you're buy your kids jung food, you should probably just fucking eat it as well. Well, yeah, if you're gonna shove that certain example, if you're gonna shovel that ship into your kids mouths? Why did you put it in your own mouth? Lead by shit fucked mate mate. But so it's the unhealthiest burger by trans fats YadA went at home and the FAUNI mere watching the drowning catch. It was worth it to be on TV. Make sure you put out dying screams in the promo. And this is where Homer says one of those stupid lines. He goes, yes, the real drowningest catches man, what on earth was that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Indeed, I must say something here. Indeed, I mean there's that old saying. You know, it's like the the most dangerous game is man, all that kind of thing, or you know, the real monster is us? All that shit. So maybe he's just like, oh, he's trying to sound profound.
Speaker 1: But he could have just said something like drama queen, just something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Look that's better.
Speaker 1: Mindsaying there would be me trying to be insightful never works on this. What he says is actually stupid.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and he's and also he's putting on his kind of voices. Yes.
Speaker 1: So then they see the commercial for the Mother Nature burger and people care about health they for some reason. Yep, that's it has made one hundred percent from wheat fed balley. Tastes like a healthier future. Ama says, we're going to Krusty Burger.
Speaker 2: I do like the way that ad was constructed. By the way, with you, you've got the obvious stunt double actually taking a bite out of the burger, when you've got Krusty holding the burger that's had a bite dagging out of it, cut with a knife, clearly, so loved all that. Yes, little little little detail, little details like that. Okay, I'll take back some of the shit I talk fred about our man Brendan Hay.
Speaker 1: This next one here, this next bit was really it was ridiculous. So a Poo's there and he's thankful it's finally a burger for.
Speaker 2: Hindi, Hindi Indi. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now no one can tell that he's whether he's American or not, or tell that he's not an American. And he does a Bollywood style dance for some reason outside the restaurant.
Speaker 2: And what was the point of this. Yeah, with the insightful cultural criticism you've come to except from guy Davis, hmmm, not too sure about the poo dance.
Speaker 1: I thought he was vegan, not vegetarian. Isn't he vegan?
Speaker 2: I don't think he's ever copted being vegan because I never anything that's come from an animal, and at least like you just think I'm a monster. Oh of course hear that, isn't he vegan? I always thought vegetarian, but I could be wrong because vegetarian doesn't eat meat. It's nothing that comes from an animal. That's eggs, no cheese, none of that. Yeah yeah, none of the good stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeahs. Anyway, anyway, stupid scene, Yeah yeah. Then it has Homer taking a big buy it, saying he's saving the earth. He wears my noble price, which is stupid, but it.
Speaker 2: Is funny though.
Speaker 1: When the plant hungery Jack's do him like plant based Berger. I think Maci's dom as well. Now people think that they're healthier because they're based, they're not.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, she has probably been deep fried. God knows how many saturated fats or whatever it's got in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not good at all. Because my dad had one. He's like, yeah, meet a couple of these ones because they're better for it. And I'm like, Dad, no, there's actually more more fat in isn't a whopper, it's actually bad for you. So now we're at home home. He's got the stomach ache. He asked himself, why did you eat twelve? He goes to use all the different various bathrooms and toilets, but they're all being used to everybody else because everyone else tried them as well. Because we should have explained a trusty burger. It's businesses booming. Everyone's excited to try this new burger, all right, which is it's usually the case when a new thing comes to talk about the Golden Narch Burger like it's something new. It's got a new hat, so I have to try it out. But then he throws up into Lisa's sacks, gets his face stuck on the outside, and that's the end of that chapter. Were now at the school and Skinner and Charmers are also un while they do an announcement saying that the Presidential ab Crunch Challenge and the Sloppy Joeathon are canceled.
Speaker 2: At the Sloppy Joathon, I'll I'll be all up in that business.
Speaker 1: Oh Sloppy Joseph is so good, And I didn't know what a sloppy Joe was until I watch Billy Madison. My mum used to cook spaghetti all the time. But then when I watched Billy Madison, I was like, oh, you can put that shit on a bred roll, snappy do oh oh shit, let's.
Speaker 2: Just change the game.
Speaker 1: And then this is where Charmers says to Skinner if I die, I want you in charge of rehiring the rehiring committee for my position. He just hold my head and say soothing things, and he does by saying third grade math scores are holding steady. This show is brought to you by the four Fingered Discount Patreon, where you'll find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive Simpsons reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of Going Down to South Park, tales of Futurama, Bob's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Sifould, the One about Friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com slash four finger Discout. Then we get the news report. I mean it wouldn't be a good Simpsons new report. We had a good.
Speaker 2: Tagline, Oh remind me sorry, its fewed army, and he blames America's barley basket Ogdenville, which settled one hundred years ago by Norwegian immigrants, and he speaks to one of the people who own I guess at the own the mill, the barley mill, brend Left Jensen. Indeed, this is probably an opportune time to mention that the first broadcast of this particular episode coincided with Norwegian Constitution Day, basically their showy Day, their fourth of July. Pretty much. Yeah, the Norwegian Constitution was signed in eighteen fourteen. It made Norway independent and it is celebrated by parades and people eating hot dogs, waffles and ice cream. Norway sounds fucking dope, it does, doesn't Yeah, waffles, ice cream and what hot dogs? Yeah, hot dogs, waffles and ice cream. That's just delightful.
Speaker 1: And they had parades. I would, but don't do parades anymore. Oh no, it's just too much hassel n can't catshup down the streets? Nah, fuck the kids, fuck Garla parade.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I was over the over at Lose the the night looking for something to watch and we were sort of like, put a couple of movies on the memory stick. Let's have a look at the trailers. There's other thing came up on the homepage, on the YouTube homepage, it was like you may have seen this. It's a city on the grow. That's basically it. Yeah, from nineteen sixties, from nineteen sixty six, I've seen this as well. Yeah, which Lou and I it literally was a city on the grow. Oh yeah. But Lou and I like we're ten years from here where those kids at the end of the school yard. So I was like, oh my god, this is But it really was Geelong city on the grow. It didn't have narration or anything like that.
Speaker 1: But it's just people working in factories and kids out the front smiling and playing hopscoatch.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, nostalgia is the most you know, toxic of bruise. But at the same time, how we make our money, we got to go back incorporate some of it. Well yeah, oh god, we don't regress. But oh yeah, I mean we're saying, oh yeah, look, this wife is probably getting beaten or something like that. All these kids are probably getting you know, smacked the most inconsequential of reasons or anything like that.
Speaker 1: While just talking to because patients, Saint Darren and Doug, they've gone to America. They've left today to fight America for the first time in twenty five years. So hope you're having a good time over there you listening to I hope your social media feeds are squeaky clean. Yes, exactly, did tell me about that. But we're talking about theme parks, and he was saying, because he's a big theme park guy, how it's almost like theme parks are starting to realize, Oh, people just want rides. I don't want to have to wear glasses anymore, because there's a whole era of like ten us ten to fifteen years, you mean like virtual Yeah, rather than build roller coasters, it's hey, sit in front of the screen and put glasses on and you'll have a great time. That suck, And it's like, I understand it's cheaper and it's less maintenance, but you know what, people want fun And it's mentioned a bit of nostalgia. Universal Studios they got rid of the Back to the Future, right, which granded was a virtual reality one, but they got rid of the Jaws ride and all these other rides, and now they're selling this stuff saying, remember Jaws the anniversary, Remember we had a ride, and everyone's like yeah, you fucking got rid of it.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed we are for the time being at least still being is made of flesh and blood. You know, we exist in the physical, tangible world. We want to actually move fast, go up and down. That'd be fantastic. So build it out of the fucking roller coaster. Put me in a room on a couch the rocks while I'm wearing three D glasses. Fuck you. I want to be taken on an adventure. Correct.
Speaker 1: And they try to get it to the ET ride and apparently there's not picket line fans and they're like, oh, you want to keep this.
Speaker 2: No one's like, yes, yes, we do. It's a fucking good ride. It's not a roller coaster, you know, it's a family friendly ride. It's fucking et Just leave it alone. Stop trying to fix things like you can incorporate new rides, but don't try. And just fucking enough with the virtual reality rides. How do we get to talk about the nostalgia because of the house. We got rid of the Jaws, right, we got And now this is the thing. They've just launched the Universal Movie Parade and guess what's in the parade? Et Jaws back to the future all the shit you got rid of. You know, don't don't overdose, don't get high on your own supply. But you know things were better back then. They were.
Speaker 3: The food poisoning has been traced to a single ingredient, tainted barley. And where does that barley come from? Our neighbor to the southeast, Ogdenville, the state's barley basket since it was settled one hundred years ago by Norwegian immigrants. I'm here with barley farmer brendlf Jensen, Brendliff.
Speaker 2: What happened is a big old rat got caught up in the grinders there.
Speaker 3: Saw my wife Dagne took a hose to it, and it's all cleaned out now. So you're guaranteeing it's safe to eat Ogdenville barley once more. Well, where there's barley, there's rat. You know, Now, when will you be starting the interview that just went out live?
Speaker 2: Well, then we're screwed.
Speaker 1: Cuts of the meal all closed down the next day, museums all shut down, everything shut down. I wanted to acknowledge the use of color so far in this episode, So where now unweldy or pale yellow? It's very Monotone is a color CPS. Yeah, it's very early Wizard of Oz, that kind of tone. And everything's closed down except for the close sign store, which I thought you liked it very fun gag. The families are all moving out like the Beverly Hill Billies with Granny on top and also a bit grapes of wrath.
Speaker 2: You yeah, yeah, we're yeah, the great John Steinbeck book about the Great Depression and the Dustball and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Ye, and it's all deserted now. Then they enter Springfield, where there's a two drink minimum and Homers in the car park or Builders Barn aka Bunnings aka Hammer Barn for all those Blue fans out there. I experienced by the way. I've never felt stupider.
Speaker 2: Actually I do.
Speaker 1: I feel stupid a quite often, but I felt so embarrassed. You've seen jingle all the way correct. I have nd Swarzegg running around trying to find it.
Speaker 2: Turbo man, that is the plot.
Speaker 1: Bunnings have just announced, well they've had him for a while, but they've re released them. Bluey gnomes Okay, bluey gnomes are a thing in Bluey. They're iconic for Blue fans and they've released actual genuine garden names that look the same, so of course we get the Bunnings and Alliotts. He's his blue carriage is gonna find around the store. And I was like, oh, I'll get you one of those gnomes, so I'll walk up to let Vergi. I can't find them. I said, where are the gnomes the blue names located? The two girls started laughing at me, genuinely just laughing at me, and I was like, what they said that the first ten minutes and then get and put on the shlve. You actually thought we're gonna gonna get one.
Speaker 2: I was like yeah.
Speaker 1: She's like yeah, unless you line up like five am, he ain't getting a bluey. They sell like twentyred bucks on eBay.
Speaker 2: I'm like a blue Garden gnome, so I'm Swartznegger and jingle all the way, Toby Man. They just they looked at each other and just laugh and I was like, oh, oh, I'm that guy. The thing of it is then Dano actually called me to commiserate. I was not impressed. Yeah, And I said, well, here's the thing, Dando, your wife's cookies out of this world. You brought it back to the Simpsons. Yeah as we as we like to say on this show, Rip Vilarten.
Speaker 1: We miss you greatly. Yes, anyway, so no builders. Barn Barck questions, Homer, are you sure you're gonna be able to install these roof gutters? I wouldn't know where to begin, And he says since he has a bad history of going on roofs and waking up in hospitals. He gets the olden Villians who offer to help him. He says, your facial hair scream is rugged but reliab or so like my own. Yeah, so he hires them. They call him sir, so that means he knows that I'm better than him, which is an ignorant line, but you know, poking fun at people who actually think that way.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was wondering would I have enjoyed this more if it was in like a quote unquote classic Simpsons, Probably yeah, or the case have I just spent too much time with jackass Homer. It's like I had it when he says things like that when in the olden days, I would have like, oh, yeah, that's the kind of ignorant thing that he would say.
Speaker 1: But see in the Golden near Home he called me so yeah, he's He's like, I can't believe it. He actually think he deserves to me called sir, just likes the idea of being called sir. But then he offers them a lemon version of Balley aid. They all enjoy it. When in Springfield and Hammer says he's glad they've all come to take all the jobs that they don't want to do, which, as I said, that's the line that sums up this episode.
Speaker 2: Indeed. Yeah, there's a lot of shout outs to the film Witness in here by the way, Yeah, when you go do you know this one with? Have you seen this? Would I like it? You would? Indeed? Yet you know what kind of movie I like? Oh right, this is a good This is a really good movie, Witness.
Speaker 1: I'm going to look it up. Why you tell me a little bit about it without spoiling the film of course.
Speaker 2: Okay, starring Harrison Ford, directed by austrais On, Peter Wiir mayber Well, Yeah, yeah, Harrison Ford is a cop. He is protecting a young Armish boy who witnesses a murder during his visit to the big city. Harrison Ford goes back to the Amish community in rural Pennsylvania, he's pursued by the corrupt cops. He also finds love with the child's mother, played by young Kelly McGillis. Because you teach their jibs, well, I know, but he does their gibs. Because Harrison Ford, before he became an actor, was a carpenter and also apparently a weed dealer.
Speaker 1: So it was Tim Allan apparently, well he was a coat deal coat dealer, yes, next level. Yeah, he's like, hey, Harrison, friend of Barrison, you can get better than the.
Speaker 2: Witness. Fantastic movie, but there's a lot of barn raising and a lot of sort of.
Speaker 1: Tis no Pool but yeah, Witness, Okay, I will check that out. So this is the kind of things again we've mentioned how no one unless've seen the film will probably have any idea that's a reference of something. Yeah, but if you're a fan of Witness, that's that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're not being really overt with it, but okay, it's if you know, you know, if you know you know, all right then yeah.
Speaker 1: So, as I said, they're at Homa's house. Now they've tried the lemonade. They're really enjoying. Homer says, you know, you never have too much of a good thing. You know, you're taking you're doing all the jobs that we don't want to do. Pan up to everyone entering from Ogdenville over the border.
Speaker 2: And you too, and even the sign of Ogdenville or yeah, the words on the map.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the map looks like it's a what would you call it a crop not a crop circle, but it looks like it's just been put out of stones or whatever. It's actually people and they've all crossed the border. So the Springfield is full of ogden Villions and they're all fixing Springfield, fixing Kirk glasses, walking old people like their dogs, giving the bush a haircut, things like that. And there's where Inger, Inger, Inger, whatever you want to say.
Speaker 2: Inger.
Speaker 1: She is getting a tour of the Simpsons kitchen. March says, you know, did you have kitchens back in olle Yes, before the dark days when we lost everything? And Marge says, well, that's good. Lest you know you are around a blender. So he even Marge doesn't really sympathize with she's really hardship that they've gone through. So it's just acknowledging that, oh, you want them around to help do your ship, but you don't want actually knowledge that the human beings the human beings and have come from a shitty situation. Oh yes, Margin shows ye, shows her around the kitchen. Then she gives it a rundown. She says, Grandpa is inside, the dog has to be out. The dogs inside, Grandpa has to be out. For whatever reason. Flanders, our neighbor drops by unexpectedly sometimes Hello doesn't stay for very long. Then she explains to Bart and Lisa and Maggie that she will be the new nanny, and Bart straight away says Mom says, I can ask him for breakfast and then and then it pans out and he goes, oh, wait, she's still here, And I'm like, that's because she just introduced you to her. The gag works from a visual perspective because you can't see Marge and it pans, oh, you're still here. It's like, but Marge just said, here's your new nanny, like she hasn't gone anywhere. The gag doesn't really work that level. Again, Devil's advocate if I'm going to do that, but is so we're not taken with the idea of like, here's someone I can pull a swifty on, Oh I can get ice cream for breakfast and he just is ADHD. Brain sort of instantly switches to that through It's like, oh, mom, silly, It's like I'm giving him escape patch, I'm giving you an out.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Lisa says she'll eat anything that she puts in front of her or before that, though, March is no because he asked marched and you can't have any was an ice cream for breakfast, but you can't have chop chip pancakes and syrup. This is totally something that happens in his household. Saturday morning. Holy now, Nicholas still be in bed. I'll be up with the kids and I'll go, can I have a lolly? And I'm like, whatever, just fucking a lolli, Nicolas. And then they'll tell Nicol later She's like, why is only knock nine thirty? And I was like, but it's okay for them have fruit lips?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Have you seen when these kids have for breakfast? Go get Bob some fruit lits? Okay, lollies. No.
Speaker 1: Lisa then says, as I said, She'll eat whatever. And Maggie now has nanny like the ones that Joe Piscopo and Eat the Hawk.
Speaker 2: Left their wives for did eat the hawk leave him here for nanny, He didy Man, having said that he and his new wife have been together for many, many years. Oh so he's still with the nanny. Yeah, well, I guess if you're fine, love you fine, love, don't you can't be with the one you love, honey, love the one you're with.
Speaker 1: So then Nanny she says, keep keep your hands, sorry off my homie, and she takes that down.
Speaker 2: Told me.
Speaker 1: Then Maggie is quite nervous about new people, but turns out she's not nervous, she's just a bit gassy, and Inger gives her the Ingleberry oil under her tongue, which fixes it all straight away, and Marge feels bad for calling her references. Then Luigi's it's a double date, Marge, Homer Selma and Debourne thorn Borg the orn whatever. He's a Norwegian olden Villian, she says, they now dating after she hired him to kill the moles in her garden, but she has the face of his great uncle Madris.
Speaker 2: Or something on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Magnus, after half of the accident he had and then talking about it, he said, talking about taking the jobs at none of us want at Springfield Want, which is a good gag, and then he says his flobber could light the town for a year or something along those lines.
Speaker 2: Did I zing the earth? Good? Yes?
Speaker 3: You did?
Speaker 2: Great, she's in love with him. Did you call it flubber? He said blubber? Oh though he said flubber. I said flobber. Did he say blubber? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think, Oh, maybe the kids are just started watching flobber, so flobbers just on the mind. We're now at the at the park and all the kids from Old de Villa wearing Minnesota Viking apparrol, which annoys Millhouse because this is Tennessee Titans territory. This is totally meet the footy. We Our seats are in a Gelong Cats fans section, right, But there's the option if you can't make it to the game, you can sell your tickets, your seats back to the club and we'll give it to somebody else. The people behind us scenes has never come to games, so our seats always have opposition supporters.
Speaker 2: Right behind us.
Speaker 1: So Geelong fans everywhere, but right behind us opposition supporters.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what is going on? Are they often vocal? Very vocal?
Speaker 1: I'm all for everyone every time has their supporters, but it's.
Speaker 2: Just like it's behind me.
Speaker 1: That's the lesson of this episode is the thing they're always like smart us because it's always someone different, right Becau. There's always a different team that you're playing. It's usually young blokes with a few beers now and they is lippy and it's just like just they're doing miss try Science Yer to three thousand basically at the foot where it's just running commentary and I'm like, shut the funk up, like no one wants to hear what you think about everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got BT for this shit. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like, I mean, I'm all about supporting and cheering the game, but they're just like giving and they think they're funny.
Speaker 2: Well that's the problem. Here's the thing. Everybody thinks they've got a podcast. They don't. It's only it's only Dandem guy. We're the only ones who have a podcast.
Speaker 1: Used to be when I said I do a podcast for a living, people will say, what's a podcast? Now I say I do a podcast for a living. They go, oh, of course you do. Everyone does, and yeah, well you know what you know ruin this celebrities? Oh yeah, oh no one was doing podcasts. No one was doing podcasts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I completely blame Jason Bateman for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's one of them, good guy probably, But but then shows how the natives ride sky and he ends up crashing into the school bus and goes down the hill on the skateboard crashing into the school bus and dislocates his arm or his elbow or something along those lines. It's now going to be a three hour wait in the emergency room because all the old.
Speaker 2: And villions are there now.
Speaker 1: They sneeze funny, and they're out of English form, so she has to use a Norwegian form. Homer says he's annoyed that the foreigners are clogging up his system or cloging up the system. I hurt my back un cloging your septic system. Yeah, well, can come back tomorrow. It's still broken again. You can come back and fix it again for you tomorrow. Margin says you would care for him at home. So they're trying to say I think this is their way of also saying it doesn't always have its benefits. You know, hospitals are full, which means parents are now having to take their kids home. I get the treatment they need.
Speaker 2: That kind of thing. It is the thing. You take the good, you take the bad, you have to, Yeah, you take them both and then you have the facts alive. Yes, margin puts bart back in place. So just like yeah he had the kind yeah shoulders. Yeah, did the whole Martain Riggs from lethal weapon. Yes.
Speaker 1: Indeed all the Wokes from the English cricket team who went out with a disticcated shoulder.
Speaker 2: You see that no.
Speaker 1: England had the just precludes me watching. I had a Test cricket, had a Test game against and he had the game won. They needed to make like thirty two runs or something. He had four wickets in hand and stuffed it up. And the guy who was ninth the one of the balls have disiccated shoulder. So you get to run out and be the ninth batter with dissiccated shoulder. And of course he went out. Man, Actually I don't think he went out, but they fluffed it up and they lost. Yeah, crick at a But then, as I was saying, Homer is starting to think that maybe you having these immigrants here was a bad idea. Maybe it's better when they weren't around here. At least it points out, well, we were once immigrants and you want a baby. Do you still like milk and hugs? He's like, I actually do, so he gives hers some milk, give it a hug, and he's like, you know what, not bad. This was actually one of my favorite moments that I didn't talk about it earlier. Be goes, Yeah, I think it would be nice to mention it here, because yeah, who doesn't like milk and hugs?
Speaker 2: Never too old for a cuddle.
Speaker 1: We're a nice glass of milk. Yes, I've had a glass of milk for a long time, milk with my cereal. But I don't have a glass of milk. I don't drink coffee your tea, so I don't really get milk.
Speaker 2: All that often. I had to get milk for something I might have been making, like mac and cheese. Do you get like the full fat milk? We get skim milk. No, I just got read because I don't really have that much of that. So I have black coffee and I don't have cereal or coffee, so I don't really have milk in the house all that often. But I needed for mac and cheese. I've got a little thing. There was a little bit left in the container so I'm like, you know what, I'm going to drink it straight like a man. Delicious. It was really nice. Should have got some quick, put some quick in there. Well, I used to. It was the after school treaked. Oh it was cocaine for kids. Yeah, it's just like six heaped teat tablespoons of that's insane, man, No, that's too much, too much. Yeah, I had to be kated on the bottom and caked on the top. It was just like just drinking quick. Oh yeah, so good stone would the spoon would just stand up straight in the and the glass. But now this milk had been in the fridge for a while, was ice cold, and I just had like a good sized mouthful just to polish off the containers. Like, holy moly, that was nice. You know he likes milk, Santa Claus. I got no response to that.
Speaker 1: Was like live glass milk out for Santa. You always have a glass book, couple of cookies, and some carrots of the reindeer.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, that is true. I do remember that we never never left the glass and milk out for the for Santa Claus. No, just like the presents and go buddy, you never left him anything. No, I'm sure I did. I did when I was, when I was, when I was a very young don't do it now? How do you expect presents?
Speaker 1: How do you think those presents to your tree on Christmas morning? Count Basie, do I break it to him? You live in beer? Oh two fingers a whiskey, but on your chest?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, didn't you see the motion pitch of Red One starring Dwayne Johnson and Preservans and as me and my friend Charlie referred to him Jack Simmons because JK Simmons was just jacked. Yeh, duk buck old man jacked? Oh yeah, old man Jay. This is weird.
Speaker 1: There's no muscles here, but it's like it's still muscles somehow. There's veins there, wrinkley veins.
Speaker 2: Like looking at this help.
Speaker 1: But then we're at Moe's now and Carl's annoyed by the Norwegians, and most as I don't mind them, because you know, they pay cash, they keep their they keep clean, and their mythology is richer than chanting. Do you think they use the character of Mo, who's usually the most racist, to speaking of the person as a way to saying, you guys are the problem. I'm actually fine, that's a good point. Yeah, I think that's a that's a very good way of putting it. There's one to cut straight to most. I was like, yeah, guy's gonna be there.
Speaker 2: Immigrants, emigrants. Lames was saying them immigrants.
Speaker 1: Well, he is actually an immigrant. As we assume mummy talks. He talks about how he doesn't serve beer anymore. He serves aquavit.
Speaker 2: This is supposed a lot of like real rocket fuel acvavit.
Speaker 1: Is it a real thing? Oh yeah, oh shit, I didn't know that. I am going to give the google. It was a clear liqueur, yeah, also spelled akavit, is a Scandinavian spirit primarily produced in Denmark, Sweden, and Norway. It is a distilled spirit, typically made from grain or potatoes and flavored with a variety of herbs and spices. Carraway and dill are the dominant flavorings both, but other spices like pennel, cumin, and cardamom.
Speaker 2: Can also be used. Okay, then, yeah, I didn't realize it's a real thing. It's a spicy liquor, spicy liquea as he calls it. Yeah, it sounds liquors and the cures, yes, but more more liquors than the liqueurs. I think sometimes is on those lines. But anyway, this is where you're annoyed by this, saying, what do you mean you turned your back on this mood? Not serving beer anymore. It's all about the other king Harolds now because they've changed the currency essentially. Now in Springfield and Homer asked for a glass of it and it gets him drunk really really fast. Must be very alcoholic, right, I think it's pretty high package. Yeah, but I see drinks a lot of it. Oh sign of it?
Speaker 1: Basically what is the percentage? I think it happened like in the shot it's a spirit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So now he's hung over at work. This was very quick. There's lots of quick cutaways in this one. So he's late. Well, fire again.
Speaker 3: You leaked and drunk, Shut up?
Speaker 2: You last your job.
Speaker 3: It's not my fault.
Speaker 2: Those Egdenville guys plied me with their native liqueurs and liquors, but mostly liqueurs. Oh poor, and you with your alcoholism. Yeah.
Speaker 1: This show is brought to you by the four Fingered Discount Patreon, where you'll find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive Simpsons reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of Going Down to South Park, Tales the Future, Bob's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, talking Cifould, the one about Friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com Slash four finger discount. But then it's a town meeting, says at the front tonight it's our immigrant problem. Tomorrow we turn on you, and the Blue Head Lawyer makes an appearance here. Haven't seen him for a long time. I actually tell a lie. He appeared recently, right.
Speaker 2: Well, on an old episode that we watched.
Speaker 1: Was another episode an not the one that I thought it was one where he says something about Disney stealing.
Speaker 2: I don't know anyway.
Speaker 1: Blue Head Lawyer is there and he says that immigant shouldn't be allowed in Springfield, and Homer supports his xylophobia, not xenophobia, at least it points out, and so it should be xenophobia, he says, no xylophobe, because it's the music here when skeletons are dancing.
Speaker 2: I didn't I didn't hate that, that's actually true. I liked it.
Speaker 1: And then they end up banning immigrants and xylophones and the border's clothes and miss lagasys you can't take my xylophone and runs out like a little insident zone style with the xylophone playing.
Speaker 2: It's a funny visual gag. I've got a lot of respect for someone who can really rock a xylophone or a glockenspiel.
Speaker 1: Or anyone who just playing musical instrument of any kind. Well, yes, true, but the ones that aren't you stocks down a drums, guitar, that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: There was a stage I may have been in the ad, but you would hear like rock songs or pop songs that actually had the xylophone or the glock and spiel in there. I'm like, it's pretty rare. I kind of like that. I can I still say to this day.
Speaker 1: One of the things that really got me attracted to Nicola, right obviously, you know, I went on a date with a blah blah blah. She was staying at a friends place and went and visited her at a friend's place. I had this piano there, and Nichola starts playing the piano and I was like that was so awesome. Oh yeah, like I would I've always wanted to be able to play the piano. Nicholas just like, yeah, I can play it, starts playing that daylight no do do do do do do it?
Speaker 2: And I was like, I love you. You're awesome, and then she fucking just buzzed out Baker Street on the saxophone.
Speaker 1: I was like this woman, Oh yeah, now I have the most respectful for musicians. Yeah, Nicola is awesome at saxophone. She was in a genuine band.
Speaker 2: I'll bet you yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, police officer, jazz musician, accountant, don't at all, mother, wife, wife, the dando her greatest achievement. But yeah, So the town meeting has happened and they have agreed to ben or close the border, not allow any more immigrants in Sore now at the border and the Norwegians are getting in still that they're running across the border. They're getting between Wigham's legs. It's like this guy's ridding a bike. What am I superman? And then they realize they're going to need extra help because Springfield only has three cops. That's a funny joke. If it wasn't just the last week we had the four Great Women and a manicure. The one before that was Waverley Hills No. Two one dough where they acknowledged that there's more cops in spring because time it gets.
Speaker 2: Arrested at the start.
Speaker 1: That's right, you've just made the joke there's more cops in Springfield, and there was any make it three.
Speaker 2: Later on you get more cops at the end of this episode as well. So then against the whole thing production meetings. Indeed, Plus, did we really need to cut away to Eddie with gout? I don't think we did. What we all are funny, No, where's Eddie? So if you're gonna have a cutaway cut away to something funny, why does he walk out? Or if he's you know, if he really does have gout, which you normally get from indulgent in wine and rich food and all that kind of stuff, have him in bed with you know, Ah, it splits up. Ah, I've got gat But also he's drinking a glass of wine at the same time because you just can't help himself. Or he's eating and like eating a fucking thing a patterns.
Speaker 1: Or his ancestors in Norwegian and he's actually been kicked out.
Speaker 2: Good point. See we're fixing it.
Speaker 1: Guy rocks up on a horse that's asked off to pay to get in with. I was like, no, no, it's free, going for free, it's free. And then he suggest vigilantes who will work for free because of the adrenaline Russia of having tiny, tiny bit of authority over your fellow man. And it cuts to everyone standing there with guns and your typical he would expect to be in a vigilante group in Springfield or all there. You've got your kleatuses and Lenny Carl's and your barnies and whatnot. Mole Man's are as well, I believe, and home and then puts the gun in his.
Speaker 2: Mouth as well. Almost made a big mistake, And I was like, sure, yeah, that just wasn't funny. That's not funny. That's not funny.
Speaker 1: No word in the Simpsons movie when Wigan was eating doughnuts of his gun and it goes bang and it shoots his hat and he goes, wow, wow, cloth, that was different. This is Homer just putting a gun in his mouth.
Speaker 2: Well, that's it. It needed a little more build up with everything they were doing when they were shooting at berns and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, it happened just happened so quickly. Yeah, it did indeed. So now we get them guarding the border with guns. Agnuses allowed in, but the Norwegians aren't, and all our negative energy has been harnessed to help keep Springfield's borders secure from Ogden Villians. But our group, it needs a name, and then it represents the US history of defending our way of life.
Speaker 2: The Klan no bad ideas. Let's keep trying the Nazis. You stop truck they need.
Speaker 1: Carl suggests the star spangled goofballs. That's what they go with, the goofballs, goofballs, goofballs. Yeah, Homer is now going to be They've got a chair with balloons, and Home is going to be referring to himself as screaming eagle up above and letting the guys that on the bottom of the ground loses ground losers patrol something on those lines on the ground to find the ones that Homer spotting from up above. They release the sandbags, but the chair just breaks, so then Lenny and Carl take over. They fly up in the in the chair on the balloons, but they go two high and it's too cold up there. But we do see the uphouse came from the up house. Yeah, interesting cameo. It wasn't owned by Disney at this point. It feels like something that have now because they're owned by Disney, but they weren't owned by Disney at this point.
Speaker 2: And you mentioned up earlier when we were talking about, you know, films that are going to be topping the box office between two weeks. Yeah. Interesting.
Speaker 1: At least it was a timely reference.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry to say that this poorly can see patrol carried out by a group of brank amateurs had somehow been a failure. Yeah. Those body chaps of crafty. One of them handcuffed me to this tree.
Speaker 2: Not a tree, chief, that's the street side. You just looped your belt around it when you were changing your pants.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm hearing lots of problems but no solutions.
Speaker 1: And Homo sees Bart that he's bouncing a ball against a billboard, right, and it ends up bouncing off the billboard, hits home in the head. He goes to choke him to see.
Speaker 2: The visual gag. Yet isn't there wasn't stop child abuse.
Speaker 1: Yah, report child abuse. So we've got to choke Bart and they realize, oh, no, we'll do We'll build a fence. We'll build a fence around this. It's saying all this, right, Southbuck have already done this story, haven't they.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure, Yeah, Simpsons already done the story. Shitty, what guy he's guarding the fence.
Speaker 1: Remember they build a wall, So it wasn't So maybe maybe Trump's actually a South Park fan.
Speaker 2: I wonder now, maybe just aishonado of animation. Maybe yeah, maybe.
Speaker 1: Indeed, then we get dinner time and Marge is concerned about the fact that they're going to be building a wall, says, we've taught the kids to befriend those who are a little bit different, and then Maggie, they're all going, does Thatt wrike you to go?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, and Maggie says yeah. So she says yes in Norwegian, how many used as an example to why they should build a fence, and March says, build it, Homie. High's the sky deep as hell? So context a side, right, And how horrible that is for Marge as a person to say. I understand that she'd be annoyed by this. Having Maggie speak for the first time and the family see this is a huge moment in the history of the show and it's just fobbed off for a quick game. Oh yeah, I mean it takes away from the daddy moment for me where that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was just about to say, which they basically film framed a whole episode around, had a whole bunch of the sim mythology around. Yeah. So yeah, for them to sort of throw that again under the bus.
Speaker 1: Because margin Homer and the family think that this is actually her first word, and I was like, you just sort of it means nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, okay, what's the work around for this? Yeah? Do you have her like maybe drawing like yah on the wall in like Lingenbury jam or something, or just don't have to have Marge approof of the wall at all? Man also a possibility.
Speaker 1: I don't think Marcha ever have approved for the wall. I guess they're trying to say that even someone that is good, even good people, can get caught up in mob mentality, in the mentality of it all. Anyway, it just annoyed me, and it shouldn't because I know it's just season twenty the Simpsons, but I just sort of went just this just feels like it takes away from that classic Daddy.
Speaker 2: Ending of Lisa's first word.
Speaker 1: But then the mayor asks who knows how to build a wall?
Speaker 2: No one knows.
Speaker 1: I know who, Carp suggests the Norwegians, the barley jacks wall. We're getting the build it and they can bugger off. So they all help them build it.
Speaker 2: They're all there.
Speaker 1: I did love to keep out sign which was made, and Ogden ill yes, and Snake is chatting away. One of the guys he talks beout. His wife puts so many pillows on the bed and they put in the right order. And then the other one says, and she always wants a cat slip in a bed.
Speaker 2: Tell me.
Speaker 1: Flanders bonds over the other guy with his button sweaters, and then the kid mentions to Bart about the prime and the happier stuff. Stay on the wall, a long geve. You put primer first. And the war finally goes up, and it's just silence. We get Ralph at Tumblewee, but everyone sort of realizes, oh, it's kind of quiet. Yeah, it kind of sucks. Something doesn't feel quite right here. It turns out in Norwegians they missed them, and because of that they built a door as well, and they realize he you know what, we should just let them in.
Speaker 2: Okay, this begs the question, This raises the question. Yes, why on earth with the Ogdenvillians wants to hang from those people of Springfield? Why would they want to hang out with them? No know where to go because they're just so nice? I guess you know where to go? I guess. Yeah. Ogdenville's ruined, isn't it. The olden Villions seem pretty can do it. Feels like they could rebuild this. They could rebuild, they'd probably, But the thing is that they.
Speaker 1: Can build stuff, but their whole economy was built on the Bari.
Speaker 2: That's correct, Yes, and they need a good entrepreneur to sort of show them the way. Yeah, they need a dandough essential. But this is the thing.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, they're going out of business right because no one's to buy the bar anymore. But couldn't they just say, look, we've cleaned our stuff up, We're just going to make it properly again, because where else thinking eat the barallet from shelby them? They shall people have a good barley. I don't know, yeah, but you're right. Why would why would they want to hang out with them, given.
Speaker 2: That they're yeah, being completely exploitative and kind of cruel. And I bet you next week we never see them again. Oh and speaking, hey, speaking next week, do you think Home is going to get his job back? What job? What? I was thinking about this the other night.
Speaker 1: Probably happily ever after that's the end of the episode. Oh yeah, the end I think a big swing is sore they've ever seen and the Uegian flag and yeah, yeah, yeah were.
Speaker 2: The Homer keep losing his job? I mean, should they make it like a plot point or a story sort of driver in Egyptue where he loses one that he has to find some way to get it back, that he has to who persuade Smithers or mister Burns like no you really need me? Or or have him sucking up or having to do something and genius to get his job back. I don't know, I get the feeling that might be kind of fun.
Speaker 1: I think at this point here it feels as a vieurop of Season twenty of The Simpsons that the writers almost see Homer's job as a roadblock and a nuisance because they want to use him as a tool for comedices. Escapade is on the show. But him having a job means, oh, he can't do that. So they's either don't acknowledge the job or they fight get him fired, fired and fired. If they had their way, he probably wouldn't work at the power plant anymore. But how could this the family function without a breadwinner? Yeah, so that's why he still has to have the job. But it's almost like him having a job now is just oh, he's got a job, but don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Don't wry about that.
Speaker 1: They let him get away or whatever. Yeah, so it seems a bit far fetched now, but that's what happens when a show goes for twenty plus years. Now thirty seven years. It's pretty insane, right, it's very insane.
Speaker 2: What do we learn bomb? All right?
Speaker 1: So what did you learn from the episode? Mister Davis?
Speaker 2: That if you're gonna have facial hair, you'd better make it rugged but reliable.
Speaker 1: What's reliable facial hair to you? So I don't like mustaches. I think mustache by itself is I don't know. You have to be able to truly rock that mustache, that's correct. It's too many people out there trying thinking they're rocking the mustache. And they're not rocking the mustache.
Speaker 2: Yes, there are really only three people who can wear the mustacher, but Renald's Tom Selick and not Ned Flanders and Ned Flanders that's correct. Yeah, yeah, otherwise you look kind of seedy, particularly younger people.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Tom Selick, we've just reviewed the one where doctor Ramore dies on the one about friends with my wife Nicholas. If you like friends, check out our podcast or one about friends that's now gonna be on our YouTube channel as well. So if you're watching this, check it out on our YouTube channel. Wow, you can see who my wife is. She's real, not just a you know, she lives in Canada. You don't know, m Yeah, but no, you see people just rocking the mustache and like, no, no, no, no. Facial hair is reliable. Facial hair is usually covering the bottom half of your face.
Speaker 2: You know what annoying to me?
Speaker 1: And it's just because I'm getting old, but seeing younger people who know they can't grow a mustache, should they grow the shitty mustache just purely out of iron? He just like, I don't care, I don't care. This looks shit, and I'm like you should. I'm like, I'm not going to react because I know that's why you've got this thing here, but it annoys me in the inside.
Speaker 2: Oh what did I learned?
Speaker 1: I'll learned that apparently there's now any three cops in Springfield again. Yeah, just continuity out the window. But what does Matt Salmon say? There's no canon, no such thing as Canada continuity in the Simpsons, it doesn't exists.
Speaker 2: Forward, your names will be. It is now time for the Guy David's New Name Challenge. He current lead.
Speaker 1: The board stands at this in first position we have Jared Hornby on twenty six points, In second position we have Phil Hawkins on twenty two points, and in third position we have Brian Hughes in Mchughes on eighteen points.
Speaker 2: I believe what a long, strange trip it's been throughout season twenty. That yeah, the final round of the New Name Challenge for this season. One point goes to dope fence mechanism. That would be a clever Carl clever.
Speaker 1: He ends the month on eleven points on on clever Kyle, not bad Kyle season season on eleven points isn't He'll be back.
Speaker 2: He'll be back. Two points goes to the wall guy, the wall guy. That would be Luke McCain. I believe Luke's got points this seasons got points because I'm pretty sure you said, Oh, Luke McKay, you have done it again. No, there must have been last season. Here's no points this season he does now he does wild cut, wild cut, wild card. Luke McKay, Why don't Luke, You're in the running, buddy, don't buddy, And three points goes to this was showsen pretty much for Dando border Insecurity's nay, here's the winner. He has done it again.
Speaker 1: Indeed, wow where he ends the season on twenty nine points, well ahead of our man Phil j No, No, he doesn't get the j We said to him last week. If you get the three points, Phil, you can get back.
Speaker 2: But you are just Philip Hawkins buddy. But that's that's all right. Philip Porkin's is great. Unfortunately in this situation, Jared Hornby is great. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Phil Hawkins ends this season in second position on twenty two. First position Jared Hornby twenty nine and Brian here's mchughes on eighteen.
Speaker 2: Well done, Jared, well look well done. Everyone who supplied a new name to the guy Davis new name Challenge Slash Championship. We know the name keep changing from episode to episode, but we're very happy that you're engaging. We're very happy that you're showing imagination and initiative. And yeah, look, Dan as the engine. I am the passenger seat. But you guys are the oil and the petrol that keeps this machine moving.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, and we use the money that you give us to keep the machine running.
Speaker 2: That's correct. Yes, money pays for yourself. What I feel? What a scan? All right? Guys, we I hope you enjoyed our review of the season finale of season twenty of The Simpsons, titled coming to Home You've already forgotten I had to check my nervees Coming to Home America. Thank you.
Speaker 1: If you're watching us on YouTube, make sure you hit the subscribe, but need you haven't already give us a thumbs up and comment blow and tell us what you think of the show. On next week's show, we're going to be doing a season twenty wrap up, and then we'll be back with a season twenty one episode or maybe even a classic review for Guy on Springfield, depending on what week of the month it is.
Speaker 2: But don't Forget.
Speaker 1: You can also get exclusive podcasts on our Patreon chatting get this show early and AD free, but you also get Speaking of the Heel, Talking signe of our tails, the Fu Durama, what else.
Speaker 2: We're on their box pods, PUDs eventually, so much more so.
Speaker 1: There's over one hundred hours of bonus content on our Patreon, so check it out. For as little as just one dollar per month, you can't support the show, all right with it? Davis and you find a words For those incredible listener slash viewers out there.
Speaker 2: We hope you've enjoyed forving a discount a podcast with mythology that is rich and enchanting. S