Speaker 1: Today we talk Leonard Lake and Charles nig two former Marines turned collectors of women, in their Operation Miranda, a sex slave bunker built for an imagined nuclear end times. Were they just a lone duo of survivalists with degenerate dreams or part of a twisted network. Could they've learned these skills or developed these ideas through war? Was the war brought home?
Speaker 2: I need to explain. What I want is an office shop sex partner. I want to be able to use a woman whenever and.
Speaker 3: However I want, And when I'm tired or bored or I'm not interested, I simply want to put her away, lock her up in a little run, get her out of my sight, out of my life. Save there's no way around it.
Speaker 1: We're so often forced ed the lone wolf narrative, yet on this occasion we're left with the revised duo of Wolf's narrative. An amateur noticer of the patterns should pick up on a horde of hints to the alternative as we go through this story. Starting off, we begin with Leonard Lake. He was born nineteen forty five in San Francisco. His parents split early. He was shipped off to his strict grandma. There were insect rumors with his sisters, and there was a reports of his grandma even encouraging such behavior with the photographer photographing of his sister's nude talk of animal torture, killing mice by dissolving them. You could see this as foreshadowing for what would later become of Leonard Lake and his dynamic and his sidekick Charles nig just much like he would get rid of corpses later. He joined the Marines in nineteen sixty four tours of duty during the Vietnam War as a radar electronics technician. Later he had what was called a delusional breakdown in Denang. He received psychotherapy and then a medical discharge in nineteen seventy one. Obviously, we should take a moment to know all of this. For those familiar with the program to Kill thesis, this strikes quite accord. His time in the Vietnam War two tours is obviously significant. This is when Operation Phoenix was a go, and this is where much of the thesis for the serial curds of today, the program to kill idea comes from. It's born from here, or you know, sprouts out from here. Obviously, the delusional breakdown, the psychological, the psychotherapy. These are all things notes to be made here. He moved to San Jose after all this and enrolled in San Jose State Universe, dropped out after one semester and chose instead the San Francisco hippie community. He moved to a commune in San Francisco and got married in nineteen sixty nine. The added when his wife became uncomfortable after learning of him being involved with amateur porn producing and starring, usually involving bondage or sado masochism. For the next eight years, Lake lived at the Greenfield Ranch, which was a fifty six hundred acre settlement near Kalpalla, which is north of Yukaya. In nineteen seventy five he found another wife who this time was comfortable with his proclivities and also down to be involved. This was clar Lynn Blas, nicknamed Cricket. Early signs of his dark vision appeared with a bunker on the settlement grounds here being in the early formation of it until the owner there put a stop to it. Now there's another individual here, Leonard's shadow, if you will. This is Charles Nigg Hong Kong born in nineteen sixty he was known. He was reportedly abused by his father. He was arrested for shoplifting at fifteen, and at this time his father insisted he go off the boarding school and went to the Benam Grammar School in North Yorkshire, England. He was kicked out for stealing. He later moves to the US on a student visa in nineteen seventy eight and studies biology at the College of Notre Dame in Belmont, California. He also drops out very quickly after one semester. Soon after he was involved in a hit and ron, and to avoid a prosecution, he listed in the Marine Corps. He fakes his documentation to be able to join at eighteen. This is in nineteen seventy nine. He was later arrested by military police for trying to steal automatic weapons from the Canioa Bay Base armory. Hold up a moment that sounds a whole like asset behavior to me. If you've been following my show for any period of time, this is these sorts of these sorts of operations of stealing of weapons from military bases as a common hallmark you'd see in these sorts of operations, odd behavior for any old military member just to be stealing automatic weapons. He escapes his court martial and he makes his way to North California. Now how this duo met is through a nineteen eighty one survivalist ad in a magazine two Broken Marines plotting apocalypse bunkers? Is this chance or is this convergence of groomed operatives? Of note here is that this is of how other hidden networks converse. One freaking example I like to bring up on my show is the examples in the eye of the Chicken Hawk of how child trafficking networks would utilize ads ads in backs of magazines. For example, here is one that we are looking at right now. This is Brother Paul's Ecumenical Missions. Now what this was was Brothers Paul's Mission. It was a tax exempt youth charity. It received donations in mail from sponsors who paid to receive child pornography and in some cases visited the boys on site. This is a pay to access brothel disguise as a camp. You can see the ad here, and as they say, symbolism will be their downfall. I think kind of what I'm alluding to here is the concept of occulting, occulting things, hiding things how symbols how they can be revealed. And here is kind of a more plane example or two plane examples of such. Also interestingly worth noting here of is that an other there was. This is ironic but likely unrelated. Who knows, maybe there is a relationship relationship here. One of the victims that we will that inevitably will come up here because spoiler alert, these are some serial killers is one of the people they killed was people the victim themselves placed a personal ad in the local newspaper offering to give straight men head uh. And it was reportedly Charles Nig who showed up and answered the ad and killed the killed the one who placed it. There was another person in the house who placed him there. Odd story, but another person responding to an ad so figured hey, odd irony here. Now. Remember Nig had just escaped from a military prison and from here he stayed at a motel Lake was now managing. This is after they met up. He has eventually moved into a house along with Leonard and his wife. In April nineteen eighty two, the police arrested Lake and Nig on weapons charges. Nig was sent back to Fort Leavenworth for his earlier misdeeds. Lake jumped bail and started using aliases in disguises as one on the lamb does. In July nineteen eighty four, Nig rejoined Lake and his wife after refinishing his sentence and being dishonorably discharged. In Nig's absence, Lake moved to a cabin near Willseyville owned by his in laws. Next to the cabin he built his dream Dungeon, a concrete bunker with one way mirrors, restraints, torture tools stalked for m ladies. These are sex slaves to repopulate the post nuke. At that time, Lake and Nig began kidnapping and murdering men, women, and children. Also somewhere in there, Leonard murdered his brother and started cashing his disability checks. These atrocities became known as the Miranda murders, after a character in The Collector the book that inspired Lake. The official narrative goes Lake and Nig killed the men in infants immediately, but subjected women to aperiat of enslaved enslavement, rape and torture before killing them. In the end, there were at least eleven confirmed murders, but clearly more tapes seem eerily detached performative cruelty, kind of much like Vietnam military interrogators gone rogue, very much giving off mk ultra vibes. Let's take a moment to look at some of the excerpts from these very tapes.
Speaker 4: I never arise was again there's any circumstance whatsoever that leads me to think that you're even attempting to make noise as the materials to whether I hear you or anyone else issue. Julie Whipton very severely understand. I understand, and having a little war within my selling between what I wanna do and what we might call item. Is the decent thing you do and for the moment, the decent thing to do is when the South rest, if your baby is gonna take be taken away?
Speaker 1: Excuse yeah, I mean be be taken away.
Speaker 4: Does a family done in pressment that doesn't have a baby, you might take him a baby? Then the baby's dead, like when mean they about one in the hall.
Speaker 1: That's my baby.
Speaker 2: Remember you have a your baby is sound asleep like a rock.
Speaker 4: Uh, you have a gabor or if you don't like it, for that like you to put it in writing. It's done just to get whatever would tell you you would have passed out, you s move in life or some much. Well, if you can thought of selling, what would you up? Remember I have a lot of animals twenty two and I would just assume start up with a nice firm.
Speaker 1: With me right now to make you believe how serious we are right continuing on. On June second, nineteen eighty five, Nig was caught shoplifting a vice from a hardware store in South San Francisco. Officers noticed that Lake bore no resemblance to the photo and his driver's license, which carried the name of Robin Scott Stapley, a San Diego man reported missing by his family several weeks earlier. Lake was arrested after a gun with a silencer was found in his trunk of his nineteen eighty Honda Prelude. At the station, Lake was placed in interrogation room. We are where we are to believe he killed himself via cyanide pills he had sown into his clothes. Lake died on June sixth. Lake's ex wife, clare Lynn Blase, cooperated with investigators, received a legal immunity from prosecution. Side eyes should be given here. You are not incorrect. You have done so. Nig, who was never act you assistant, had skipped out on justice yet again before was arrested in Calgary, Alberta. On July sixth, nineteen eighty five. A store security guard suspected to him of shoplifting in got in a fire fight with Nig, yet ultimately survived, apperending him. He served four and a half years in the Canadian prison. He was fighting extradition of the US and the grounds of the impending death penalty. For those who aren't aware, if you are, many nations will fight extradition when the death penaloty is involved, it's essentially cruel and unusual behavior something of the like. In ninety one, he was extradited to California, where he was indicted on twelve counts of first degree. In February nineteen ninety nine, Nig was convicted of eleven of the twelve homicides, six men, three women, and two male infants. Jurors deadlocked on the twelfth charge, the murder of Paul Kosner, but Nig was sentenced to death. As of July twenty twenty four, Nig was incarcerated at California Medical Facility. The last execution in California was in two thousand and six, twenty nineteen Gaviner Gavin Newsom's side and executive order placing a moratorium on the death penalty in California. So don't hold your breath. Was this ap apocalypse prepped or was this state sanctioned terror? The Dave McGowan's thesis and program to Kill is that many infamous murders are not isolated psychopaths, but instead products of deeper systemic influences like military conditioning and intelligence related programming. Both of these men had significant ties to the US Marines. Their crimes kidnapping, torturing, and murdering at least eleven people, including entire families, involved a fortified bunker stocked with military grade weapons, restraints, and surveillance equipment. The abuse in dismemberment suggests experience and understanding and mind control techniques akin to MK. Ultra ritualistic and cult like aspects of Lake and Niggs operation further aligne with McGowan's claims of occult involvement in serial murder cases. Lake was affiliated with the Society for Creative anachronism described as a medieval moorship cult potentially involving sacrifices. He claimed membership in a secret death cult in his San Francisco, which is coven. Their operation Miranda was an obsession spawned from a favored book, The Collector, a story about a man who grows obsessed with controlling woman as an offshoot from his bug collecting hobby, a plan to create sex slaves, and a post apocalyptic bump bunker. This mimic or mimic survivalist strategies with sadistic programmed elements, including snuff like videos and an incinerator for body disposal. Now McGowan suggests these components could be not random depravity, but orchestrated behaviors tied to satanic or cult networks, often overlapping with drug trafficking, as some victims were linked to metham vetomine operations. Ultimately, the handling of the Lake Nig case supports McGowan's broader conspiracy framework, where official narratives obscure larger truths through cover ups, investigative irregularities, evidence tampering by Lake's ex wife, unexplained delays in Nig's extradition and trial, missing files in a gag order suppressing defense details suggests institutional protection of hidden accomplices or motives. Police initially considered it a cult or mass mer scenario beyond the duo, yet the focus narrowed, ignoring potential ties to ritual abuse at a local full rage club where Lake volunteered. In McGowan's view, this reflects how serial killers like Lake and Nig serve as pawns in a program system, their crimes, enabling societal control while evading scrutiny of military intelligence origins. Obviously, this is all very specially but this is just but one data point in a deluge of data points in Dave McGowan's Program to Kill. Many data points and patterns form one thing's from sure, from marine misfits to architects of the Miranda murders, Lake and Nig embody McGowan's warning killers of symptoms of a program society monsters on marionettes. I hope you enjoyed this dive. Let me know what other stories you'd like from Program to Kill that you'd like to see me cover. I think I might start doing a little short dives in many many of these similar such stories. So I hope you got a lot of it. Oh, I just one a lot quicker than I thought. Uh, but yeah, I hope you guys enjoyed this. I'll try to make it last a little bit longer. Once again, this is the second one, so I'm still getting in the getting into the hang of it. But uh yeah, I hope you guys like it. Make sure to leave a like, share, subscribe, comment, leave with five star review, and iTunes with Spotify. You can follow this show on Twitter as well at Tower Gang Ose if you want to support the show, and the best way you can do that over at patreon dot com slash no Way Jose twenty twenty. The QR codes up here if you'd like to use that, and you can support me there. At the lowest level of two bucks, you get access to a whole host of perks. I usually do about one to two paywalled episodes per week, keep about four behind the paywall at any given time. You also get access to an ad for your RSS feed. You get access to the Telegram, You get access to the pre show, post show, and access to the video calls of me and Austin's weekly live callin show Already Dead, which is on Tuesdays at nine thirty pm Eastern. Yeah. Also be chair to chat pop in from my daily show if who knows. If it's it's the I'll go just right go check out my go check out my daily live stream I do Monday through Friday eleven am Eastern. But back to my patrons, I give them, I give my highest level a shout out. Every episode is a big thank you for everything they do. I have my previous co host Im Tara Gang at Lerner Toad also at Aburgate D's at z O v R e c K at Underscore Infinite Zeal, Tim Tuttle at jolly On Kleeble, Will Bell Delicious, Blueberry Rabbit, Eye Wine. Big fan of show, Torn May at Wayne Tacos one hundred ac one A hundred cars for Kids, no free lunch, Jack and Mark Vestibule. I appreciate you guys for all of your support. I hope you guys got something out of this episode and I look forward to doing more of these. Bye bye