Speaker 1: All right, it's the Bend and Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle KT might know who the Cowboys were gonna draft, and we'll tell you in about thirty minutes or so. But right now it's time for this good.
Speaker 2: It is good for you. You should stay clean, but you'll have to take like a big long one. Okay. So, uh this is a story that does a stem for the world of sports, but I promise it's not that sportsy because uh, Lee Corso is the old man who's on the famous Saturday morning in the Fall Show college Game Day, and honestly, his iconic move is that he puts a mascot head on waves to the crowd. It's brilliant. I watch it every week. I don't care, I don't care who the celebrity guest picker is. They come in, they pick the games, and at the end he puts on a mascot head.
Speaker 3: And that's how he picks the game.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: They're like, okay, who you taking, Lee? And he shows everyone by whatever mascot that he puts.
Speaker 2: On, and it's usually you know, it's the big game of the week. So they're at that university in Ohio State or Florida or Alabama or whatever. Right, and then he either plays to the crowd and gets them going or he deeks them. He's he's the upset.
Speaker 1: He's the strange creature that does a bit in which he plays a buffoon and then takes himself very very serious.
Speaker 2: He used to. He doesn't take himself that seriously anymore. Okay, I know you're going back to an interview from twenty years ago. I know what you're thinking.
Speaker 1: I've seen him on TV plenty of times.
Speaker 2: He's he's calmed down at his old age, and now he's lost it. In fact, I would say the last three years they should not have been putting him out there. Wait why because he can barely get around. Basically, Herbie has to hold his hand and get him through his script. It's rough. It's elder abuse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the dad was listening to a cratorial from HU.
Speaker 2: So she's two hundred and six and doing great.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 2: So they announced that he's done and he is going to do college game Day in week one next year, and it'll be a big deal. Now they're gonna have to do play by play. But I was like, okay, well, I know a couple. There's one that jumps out to me and I'm gonna play it first. My favorite things ever, there's a little kid picking games. This kid got famous. It's one of the kids from Ricky Bobby. Shut up, Chip, I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey. He was the celebrity guest picker picking games. So he picks Yale in the Harvard Yale game. And listen to Lee Corso Yale, gum booll dogs Yale, boo so fast?
Speaker 1: Ridge?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this guy, hey, not so fast? I go I go with Harvard.
Speaker 3: What's the matter, I'm gonna go with Harvard. What year is this?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, okay. What's so funny about this to be is listen to Chris Fowler after he says it, yeah.
Speaker 1: Bool dogs Yale, boob so fast, midget not so fast, Mitch it yeah, little guy, hey not so fast?
Speaker 2: Okay. Now I heard Delkas Colonel Messi that in the last two years, So I don't know. We have learned it should be little people though, because we had a person on the brink of the line of how tall They told us that on our show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then had some good bits about well, so he was how old is he?
Speaker 2: Lee Corso now eighty two, we're probably in the Trump Jerry range. No. Eighty nine. Oh wow.
Speaker 3: The older they are, the further they are from being politically corrected. Yes, anyway, whatsoever.
Speaker 1: And really, if you've had anybody that's had a career in media for fifty to sixty years, they've had seven questionable moments if they're on the low side.
Speaker 2: Here's one picking a game with Carl Lewis as your guest picker, and here's what happened.
Speaker 1: How can you pick against.
Speaker 4: White?
Speaker 2: You say, okay, so it's great. Is when you watch Herbie and Chris Fower go, God, just put their head down. When I heard it too. Arkansas really surprised me though this last week. I'm stuggling with Ole.
Speaker 1: Miss Arkansas shot the water last week, Miss Mississippi Arkansas focused the last two weeks.
Speaker 3: If they show up, yeah, same tchip.
Speaker 2: Okay, are you allowed to say that?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Man, let's get Corso on this show.
Speaker 2: And then this is one where Desmond Howard and the other guy they're just kind of arguing and then Lee Corso's like, no one here cares about the game. You're talking about why the play the game?
Speaker 3: That makes absolutely no sin there's a bunch of claimed. These people don't give me.
Speaker 4: And we just laugh at it. Crazy old man who cares. We just laugh at it. It's beautiful though, it's a great bit. I love mascot heads, so I'm in on all of it. It's wonderful.
Speaker 2: And he waves his little hand up and if anyone tries to recreate it, it's wrong.
Speaker 3: It's his bit and it should die with Okay, I'm glad that he's, uh, you know, he's retiring, and you know he's had a great career. That's that's awesome. I feared that they were going to march him out for the whole season and have a farewell tour. I love that it's just one game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he can only travel to one last game. I think is kind of like what a factory.
Speaker 2: No, I'm telling you. The last couple of years, they have reduced his time on the air so much, and when it's time to do the picks, Herbie is like, dude, it's caretaker stuff, like handing him his notes. Okay, I'm gonna help you get the Florida Gators head from out under the desk.
Speaker 3: And he's had a bunch of plastic surgery too, right, and he's his face looks real different and he oh it does. He doesn't wear glasses. I don't think either, so he's like some can't see very well either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably not.
Speaker 1: You know what happened today at ESPN And they made the announcement everyone in there and went, hey, Berman, did you hear the Corso news? Oh?
Speaker 3: Is he still there?
Speaker 1: Cuz I don't know if you heard of what Lee's gonna do? You should check it out.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: They rolled burning out at like twelve thirty on a Sunday night and has the same stuff, and he does it like in the middle of the night. So no, Chris, We're still running. It's great.
Speaker 2: Sounds good. Nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. All right, there you have it. Rest in peace, Lee Corso or rest in retirement?
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Coming up next, there's come and Go news and that is big news for Kevin Turner and the name that the Dallas Cowboys are most associated with in this upcoming draft has some local ties. All that's coming your way in the next hour of the Ben and Skin Show.