Speaker 1: Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us. It's our last segment of the week. Don't forget Next Monday, it's Martin Luther King Day.
Speaker 2: But we will be doing.
Speaker 1: Our thing at the Dave and Busters off seventy five over there in near Walnut Hill, doing our show from three to six. Remember, Mavericks play early that day at eleven o'clock, So if you want to go there for lunch, hang out all day, hang out with us, and then you have the National Championship game at night. That should be a great day. Come join us Dave and Busters in Dallas. Now, also make plans to make your way up to Rollertown Beer Works this weekend in Solana. That's the brewery that Ben and I are partners in. We have live music tonight and tomorrow night. We have lots of great beer on tap. And then you know, right now, playoffs all weekend long ride. If you're gonna go watch the NFL, well you can get twelve dollars and fifty cent crushable pitchers. Those are our loggers and our pilsners, our easy drinkers. Got great deals on those, and then you know, pick us up to go at places like Total Wine and More or HGB or even some liquor depots have us.
Speaker 2: For example.
Speaker 1: We're in bars and restaurants like Good Friend, Fortunate Son, Connie Rosso Pluckers, the Nook Truckyard in Dallas, Truckyard in the Colony. If you're going to the mav game tonight, get us at the AAC or Hero or the chop Shop right there on the plaza. We're all over the place, and then follow us on the socials.
Speaker 2: At roller Town Beer. But right now it's time for this kill.
Speaker 3: This thing's big, pretty big, pretty seductive. Tonight at Tulips there's a big concert. Son of Stan's playing, Our Fastball is playing.
Speaker 4: Are they updates? Son of Stan is out?
Speaker 3: Son of Stan is out? Kevin Fastball is playing, yep. And then Nick, Joey, Josh and Christina and Oapmal Pizza are playing at Tulips.
Speaker 5: And hey we are eight thirty. I had a rush out there after my show.
Speaker 2: What happened to Stan's son?
Speaker 4: One of them got sick?
Speaker 1: And actually it is the son of stand that got ye. Are you all going to play any Nirvana songs tonight?
Speaker 2: I think we'll play a few, yep, any other covers.
Speaker 4: No, we're strictly Nirvana tonight.
Speaker 2: Not gonna rip off a sun Stand song.
Speaker 4: No, I guess we could since they're out.
Speaker 2: But no, he played the way by Fastball. No we did.
Speaker 5: We seriously joked about playing you know, just the chorus of it. But I don't think they would appreciate that.
Speaker 3: What if they liked it, if they realized, man, this chick play guitar is better than our real guitar player.
Speaker 2: What if you played it as Nirvana?
Speaker 5: We did punkify it a little bit, and again we like seriously tossed the idea around. Okay, if we do it like this, they might be okay with it. But no, and it's a short set. We only have thirty minutes. They don't really have time to screw around.
Speaker 2: Do you will somebody get a corn bread chant going, Oh.
Speaker 5: God, I don't know. I would like to not ruin my Friday night. I would like to have a fun time.
Speaker 1: Can play more songs now that Son of Stan is out. I'm gonna grant you guys know they're thirty minutes, okay, and just work up some stuff.
Speaker 2: Work up.
Speaker 4: They just moved the earlier bands back a little bit.
Speaker 2: I don't think they did quick Nirvana.
Speaker 3: Fun fact, I'm reading the Jay Moore book about his two years on SNL and not really getting on much. But he used to go down because he was like new and got excited. He used to go down and watch the band's rehearse off to the side. He didn't really want to be seen. And Nirvana walks off the stage and he's like, Jay Moore's a guy who just says anything to anyone. Apparently that was awesome as they play like they played. I think they played Rape Me and Heart Shaped Box because that was awesome. After a sound check, they probably don't want to be bothered, and Kurt cobay and stopped and took time to go.
Speaker 2: Who are you? Oh, you're new on the show. He's like, what do you do?
Speaker 3: And he Jaymorrees explained why, I'm kind of like a writer first, but sometimes I can get in sketches and Kurt Cobain goes, oh, like a songwriter man, and he's like, I'll never forget that. Kurt Cobain was like a namor that I was on Saturday Night Live. What's just Tosh the artist that he is?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did he I don't know if Nirvana was on Sarah Night Live more than once, but one of the times, if they're only on one time, the host was Charles Barkas.
Speaker 3: Was Jmore's first episode as Jay Moore is the guy who wrote Charles Barkley beating the crap out of Barney.
Speaker 2: That's a great sketch.
Speaker 3: It was his first episode and then he didn't get on much after that, started having panic attacks.
Speaker 1: You know, Jaymore showed his penis to skin. I know, huge, right, you know what he said as he showed me his penis.
Speaker 2: He goes, this thing's big.
Speaker 1: He turned into Cynthia's a gara, but he said, so It's one of those things where I was doing a live spot and I've got this mic and I feel him next to me, and I'm like, he's doing something, and I turn and look and when someone has their dong out, it's like.
Speaker 2: Your eyes go right to it.
Speaker 1: And I looked right down to his dong and then I looked back up at him and I'm in mid you know, live read, and he goes, I know it's impressive, isn't it. That was his response to me, as I'm trying to say, go to the diamond doctor or whatever.
Speaker 2: He's trying to distract skin.
Speaker 6: And he was also facing a huge window that was to a big corporate hallway where clients and salespeople were always walking by.
Speaker 3: Beautiful God, I kind of like j Moore. Now they were all rushing there too. I didn't see this thing.
Speaker 2: I think I.
Speaker 1: Remember being like going no and him, you know, tucking it away, right, Quig because some of the salescals were coming.
Speaker 3: You know, it's gonna happen radio back then. I think we've heard of wilder stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this was the mouse hears bro. Yeah, this is Disney Like they're like they're like innocent and everything. They just pretended.
Speaker 6: It was like, hey, did one of you guys say, crap, you're gonna need to give a formal apology.
Speaker 3: Well, y'all put sex in you into in the Lion King, so let's maybe not do that, all right?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think so?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, Mermaid had some stuff looking up tonight on the Eagle, MAVs, thunder Go MAVs. Yeah, today on Apple Severance, well Severance as back.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: Also it's the return of Cameron DS. She has not been in a movie in eleven years. But Netflix has a movie of her in Jamie Fox. It's a movie called Back in Action. Looks horrible, but welcome back to movies, Cameron DS.
Speaker 6: Did y'all watch the Jamie Fox Special's return.
Speaker 1: No, just because it's like there was so much hype and then no one said anything about it, like, oh, so it sounds like it wasn't good.
Speaker 6: I enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty good, and I'm glad I watched it. But it, you know, it wasn't the funniest thing of all time.
Speaker 2: He cried a lot, and.
Speaker 6: It was I don't know, I don't know how to explain it, but he didn't demonstrate how immensely talented he was. But dude, I think he was still bewildered and confused about what happened. And I think the dude almost died. Yeah, and so I'm a big fan of that movie where she's a catfish m thing. It's called The Counselor. I thought it was called I thought she was a sucker fish. And I think that I'll watch it. I guarantee it'll be bad, but I will watch it. And I started watching Severn's last night.
Speaker 2: Oh you got to it last night? Yeah, I got to a new one. Yeah, the brand new one. Oh wow, cool. Last that would have been this morning.
Speaker 6: It's a little overwhelming because there's so much, Like it's been so long. Even watching the recap last time on Severns or whatever. Yeah, it was hard to keep up with im Godly I need to go back and like rewatch it if I can't, or read about it.
Speaker 2: It's a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, three minute recap and then more. God, they waited so long three years between US shows, it's impossible. But when they're making TV shows like movies now, so yeah, it's just what Hollywood is h Tomorrow at three point thirty, you get the Texans at the Chiefs twenty three degrees in casey should be good. Tomorrow night you have the Commanders and the Lions. It's a Dan Campbell and everyone's freaking out over Dan Campbell right now they should. He's kind of awesome, right, but he's the fourth down go for it guy Dan Quinn, who we let walk out the doors of the Star eighty seven on fourth down this year.
Speaker 2: That's incredible.
Speaker 1: Here's my hot sports opinion about football. I really enjoy watching the Commanders play.
Speaker 2: They're fun. I every time I've watched them this year.
Speaker 1: I've enjoyed it, and you know, I find myself on a lot of like I don't have teams I pull four outside of the Cowboys, but usually as a playoff game goes, I kind of get interested in something and want something to happen. And as I was watching that game last week, I very much wanted the Commanders to beat the Bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Commanders might be a problem. Jayden Daniels eight for eight passing on fourth down as a rookie, Just calm, they're good and Detroit.
Speaker 1: He's he's a different human dude, Like they go and the like. You can see it and it's not just some put on for interviews, Like he's like what our our buddy. Michael Young always used to say that heart rate does not fluctuate.
Speaker 2: Bro, He's just got that gene.
Speaker 3: Both teams are gonna score forty maybe because no one plays a lick of defense spread.
Speaker 4: On that game.
Speaker 5: If the Commander is doing okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, it'd be a huge upset.
Speaker 1: And Philly's like an almost touchdown favorite in that game. I don't understand that one.
Speaker 2: I don't either. Saturday Night Dave Chappelle hosts Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 3: Your musical guest is Glo Rilla, So Dave Chappelle back should be funny. Sunday at two rams at Eagles thirty four degrees, sixty percent chance of snow.
Speaker 2: All right, good action.
Speaker 3: The Eagles are four and oh when Jalen Hurts throws for under one hundred and thirty five yards, So A J. Brown can bitch about not getting touches and read his book on the sideline, and Eagles fans can cry about Kellen Moore.
Speaker 2: The point is that ain't how they win with save one?
Speaker 6: Yes, why is uh Kellen is interviewing? I did virtually virtually today with the Cowboys, right.
Speaker 3: Not versus Cowboys like a zoomer Jaguars and Saints.
Speaker 6: So if players on the Eagles are pissed about the offense and protesting by reading books on the sideline, and Eagles fans are upset, is there a good.
Speaker 2: Spin on that? Hey? J? Brown is you know? But yeah? Is there a problem? I mean he's a problem. That's what Tennessee trade is it? Is it all because quarterback Bay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's not getting the ball because they're like, we're not gonna throw it a lot.
Speaker 6: But I remember being upset with Jason Garrett right and then, and it was always the same thing, like they're you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like that's just who he was, But like, is that what I mean?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: Why is this not.
Speaker 1: In a in an era in which running backs supposedly don't matter, Saquon Barkley almost set an NFL record, Like he is the team they win when they hand.
Speaker 2: Him the ball. That that's what it is, and it's the whole thing. Uh.
Speaker 3: I never really agreed with I want to run the damn ball because he didn't. You know, It's like, wait, you want to run the damn ball in a year where Tony Pollard is coming off of injury.
Speaker 2: It just didn't make sense to me either way.
Speaker 3: You look at everything with the Eagles, it's a lot of just aj Brown is don't They're They're fine, They're they're and I do think the Rams are gonna beat him? Do you really I got to do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, But is there anything to that that should make Cowboys fans concerned about how it's gone in Philly?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It feels like Kellen Moore is gonna be the guy. It's a different situation. You know, I just think.
Speaker 3: I I wouldn't be concerned about it. Jalen Hurts is not. People were concerned about his time at the Chargers, like you're supposed to go fix that in one year. And by the way, the front office told Kellen he could stay and then he left because the coach sold him out in a press conference like so I uh. And I don't want the Cowboys to heart Kellen, by the way, but I do take up for him for some reason, cause I feel like he's my little brother.
Speaker 2: What Sunday at five point thirty, the Ravens at the Bills.
Speaker 3: I told you guys, it's the year of the raven oh one thirteen twenty five, twelve year gaps that the Ravens will win NFL championships.
Speaker 2: Also the anniversary of Edgar Allan Poe's death.
Speaker 3: It is that day, twelve degrees in Buffalo, uh fifty chance of snow five thirty Sundays.
Speaker 4: So you're thinking the Ravens are gonna win because I was gonna.
Speaker 5: Go all in on Bills.
Speaker 1: I guarantee you the Bills are gonna win. K ray, Okay, okay, I'm gonna double down on Ravens.
Speaker 3: Then all right, Monday at eleven am, Mavericks play the Hornets. We will be live at daven Busters from three to six pm in Dallas and the Natti's that night.
Speaker 2: Hih State Notre Dame.
Speaker 1: Great way to end it, KT, that is your weekend primer. I hope that you enjoyed it. And as he mentioned, MAVs coming up next, we're gonna have an hour of music and then we'll have MAVs pregame at seven, MAVs under at seven thirty.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget the time.
Speaker 1: KT looked directly into the Ravens eyes and he said the pun is.
Speaker 2: A bit of a mystery, and then everything changed.
Speaker 1: All Right, y'all, have a good weekend. Kray is next here on the eagle.
Speaker 3: Here you going, well, I'm gonna get my sock bag, dude, Yeah
Speaker 2: Never get Richard Dreams