Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Games Mornings presented by Deku Deals with Me Jeff Grab your host from giant bomb dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you for tuning in.
Speaker 1: In this episode, we're going to be talking about Metroid Prime for previews and Call of Duty Black Ops seven reviews. It's gonna be a good one because we have Chuck simmer Held on the show.
Speaker 2: Chuck Tawsky, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry? Were you about to call me Jeff? To call me one of the Jeff's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, it's it would be easier if everyone.
Speaker 1: Was just one of the Jeff Jeff, it would be easier. I don't know why you guys don't consider it, be more considerate. It's what I'm trying to say. Chuck Apps, Okay, I'm sorry. So yeah, I'm Jeff zimmer Held. Yeah, I'm doing I'm doing well. Thanks for having me on the show. I'm so excited. It does suck having to follow what Alyssa was Alyssa yesterday?
Speaker 2: Uh, Jam was yesterday?
Speaker 3: Okay, that also sucks. To be fair, I don't want to follow Jam.
Speaker 1: But listen, it's you know, each day is its own new begin You don't need to be judged or or compared to anyone else.
Speaker 2: You just need to be the best Chuck you can be. That's all we're asking from you.
Speaker 3: Every day is a gift. That's why they call it the present.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, so that's the end of the show. All right, grab fade into black map. Thank you, Let's get the hell out of here. Wow. And that's what that's it for Giant Bomb too.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Chuck, I'm doing great, really good. You know what. I'm sipping some some Irish tea from one Lex Luddy. Oh, thank you, Ley, this is very good.
Speaker 1: Is that is that's Is that the an older Giant Bomb mug?
Speaker 2: Or is that the current Giant Bomb mug?
Speaker 3: This is the Dizzy Bomb. So we don't actually have a version of this on the website. Okay, okay, look I'm going to be transparent. I'm kind of pitching that logo is the one we use for a little bit on the news.
Speaker 2: I love it. No, I'm I'm fully behind that effort because I agree. I think it's really fantastic to look at it.
Speaker 3: Stoned I do.
Speaker 1: I will say that, you know, you're a large man. The mug does look small when you're holding it. So I was worried, like people are going to see this and be like, oh, oh my god, Mike did give us small mugs, but no, this is an older mug.
Speaker 3: This is one of the smaller mugs I think we've ever had too. So it's a little a little bit of both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well we'll get your andre the giant mits around that thing and enjoy your drink. All right, Hey, it's Friday. There is some news, but still kind of a dregs day. There's some weird stories in there. Also, I have stuff I got to finished doing as soon as I'm done with work today, so I can then go get in the car and go to the airport and go to dance for Extra Life.
Speaker 2: So let's get on with the show and explain ourselves.
Speaker 1: We're Giant Bomb Video Game Dufics, independent games media out here on our own, trying to be a home base for you on the internet for cool conversations about video games. And if you want to ensure that is secure and can keep happening, you want to throw your weight behind it, go to giant bomb dot com slash joint and become a premium member. It goes a long way towards ensuring the security in the future of independent games media here on the Internet. We really appreciate everyone who has come through. It really does.
Speaker 2: It's noticeable.
Speaker 1: We see it, we see the names come through, and every time we see someone join it means the world to us.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: It gets you ad free versions of the episodes, gets you some special goodies, and again it gets you that just confidence that Giant Bomb is going to be here today, tomorrow, and into the future.
Speaker 2: Thanks again to everyone who does support us. As far as this show goes.
Speaker 1: Most weekdays, I Jeff Grub will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you are watching live on twitch welcome. You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Game Mess Mornings, or find the RSS feed on GiantBomb dot com. You can also catch the show later on with chapters and timestamps on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Hello YouTube.
Speaker 1: All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the Morning Mess with those Metroid Prime for Nintendo also put up a seven minute overview trailer. This comes from Nintendo Everything. The Metroid Prime for Beyond is only a few weeks away now, and the game now has its best look yet thanks to a brand new trailer. The overview video shows off gameplay, Nintendo switch to features, and more. And really this is a lot of the footage that you'll be able to see in our quick look ex that we put up this morning where Becklar, who went to New York to play the game for about an hour a little bit more than an hour, was able to bring back some footage and he showed it to me and kind of, you know, showed off like all the things that he learned, and then I was able to ask him a bunch of questions about it. So that's up on the site now, so I have secondhand opinions on this.
Speaker 2: Chuck.
Speaker 1: Looking at it, I am pretty excited. I think it looks very good, very promising. I think the conversation piece everyone's going to have coming out of this, because we all, you know, if there's a fly in your soup, no matter how good the soup is, people are going to talk about the fly. Right and right now, everyone's worried that this Miles mackenzie character is going to be that fly that they cannot ignore. He is a bubb you know, he's an autocon.
Speaker 2: I think that's a reference points most people get.
Speaker 1: He's an autocon. He is there to sort of be a little bit of a comedic relief. He is certainly out of his element in some ways, but he knows more about the world than you do in other ways, and he's there in person with like interacting with Samus. So every time he does that, every time he appears, or every time he has has something to say, it does sort of burst that isolated energy that most people, I think associate with Metroid Prime, especially Metroid Prime one. I'll say that I'm not like freaking out over this. I watched what Backlar showed me. We kind of talked through it. Backlar certainly wasn't phased by it, but you know, for me, METROI Prime is this holy thing.
Speaker 2: So I was like, let me, let me get a sense here.
Speaker 1: I The sin I get is that he is very much part of this early part of the game where they are trying to introduce a bunch of stuff real fast so that they can then get to some other things that are new to Metroid Prime, but still very much in that idea of, hey, you are solving puzzles, you are getting new abilities that open up more of the world, and we want people, we want onboard people really fast, and he's a part of that process.
Speaker 2: I think. I don't know, did you get a chance to see this, Do you have any thoughts?
Speaker 3: I did. I watched all of his footage and that was like the one thing I zeroed in on immediately. I don't have a problem with it, right, but I was like, fans of this series are going to home in on that and have an issue, and that's going to be all of our reddit, right. I mean, like, the best version of this is autocon like you mentioned, can love bloom on a Metroid And then the worst version is like he's human clap trap, which ye, I don't think he's at He's not quite claptrap level, which I that's a negative by the way, It's not twenty eleven or whatever. It doesn't play as well. So yeah, I think if it goes too far that direction, that's why. Yeah, that's where it doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I you know, and again I'm mostly hopeful and ensure.
Speaker 2: Chat's like, yeah, it could be cope. It could be cope.
Speaker 1: But you know, it's also a lessons learned over time of everything. You know, anytime I freaked out about a game before I actually played it, I almost I'm almost never right. Those anxieties have almost never been correct. It's almost it's usually quite the opposite of like, oh, this was not a big deal, and that I never think about this thing that I was worried about ever again, because it was never actually a problem.
Speaker 2: We'll see again.
Speaker 1: I do think that if you asked a fan of the Metroid Prime series to list, you know, just descriptor words for like what this franchise should be, like loneliness and isolation would come up, atmosphere would come up, and you know, his his appearance or in his his presence, McKenzie's presence does feel like it it affects and taints all of those factors.
Speaker 2: I like I said.
Speaker 1: Since I was getting is that he is going to be an opportunity for contrast. By contrast Samus looks even cooler and even more capable around him, she just looks like she doesn't talk to him. He talks to her, and she just barely even nods her head. She nods her head like once at him. A lot of times they'll say stuff and she just knows sells it completely. And I that I actually really.
Speaker 2: Like I do.
Speaker 3: I like the no cell than the master chief treatment that she's given. It was that that made me laugh sometimes. So like he's definitely playing like the comedic foil to Samus. Does does it need that? I don't know. I also don't think it helps that the most recent Metroid release in general was Dread right, which is that is a punishing, lonely experience. So yes, I know they were. There were Npcson three. I haven't played three, I'll admit that, but different vibe. I think they were like more like cutscene NPCs.
Speaker 2: That right, I think that's right. Yes, yeah, I actually never played three either, so.
Speaker 1: That my understanding is that's correct, and that a lot of this stuff is pretty similar to the generally well regarded METROI Prime three. So yeah, I'm like, when I was getting too with the idea of the contrast is I think it makes sense for them to start you off in this area again, like it felt very much like a tutorial area and onboarding area that you know, they establish this character now, and then they strip all these things away from you, including the character that's there helping you. Now, even the one time of McKinsey coming up to Samus to me and like, hey, maybe you should check out this thing over here because I think it's interesting. That really does rub me the wrong way. Where I get that, Get that out of here. Let me let me figure that. The whole idea is to figure the game out. The whole idea is let me, I don't know what I'm doing, let me just start shooting. And I accidentally shot the wall, and now I realized, oh, these walls are breakable if I shoot them. That is the genre, and I think it might look rough in comparison in a world where we just got Silk Song, a game that just thrives with its isolation and letting players flounder and figure things out, and was greatly rewarded for it. You know, I hope this game doesn't feel like it was developed with kids gloves on. Now, if we can like forget about Mackenzie and put that aside everything else, I mean, it looks amazing, It sounds amazing. The characterization of Samus on her own and even in a conversation with Mackenzie. All that stuff just they nailed it from my point of view so far. And then they also do this excellent thing of you land in a very familiar looking environment. This lush green setting looks a lot like METROI Prime one, but there's this temple that you can kind of see and that you're moving toward, and that seems to have quite a bit of a different art style. And I was already like, hey, I cannot wait to get in this game and start moving there because I have to see what's going on inside this place. So I think they're they're getting ninety five percent of the stuff right. And then the question mark will be how do they handle these characters interacting with Samus, because it's not just Mackenzie. We did see in the trailer that there are other like Federation characters that she will be talking to later in the game, although I think none of them will be quite be the bumbling jar jar binks that Mackenzie.
Speaker 2: Seems to be.
Speaker 3: Hey, he's not so far as a jargerr Yeah right.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, he was in he's in the same column.
Speaker 3: He's like me, he was hacking. He's hacking at that console. He's like opening doors and shitch binks.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Got fine, that's good. I have to vindicate Mike Manatti here for a second. Please, it's a very pretty game. It looks really good. I think he was right to roast all those nerds about them complaining about the desert. No, it looks really good. I have no like. I trust that part of the game. It's going to be great exploration. I think is going to be really fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yeah again, I just think all the other stuff looks really solid. Uh. So here's the good news.
Speaker 1: I can probably mostly tune out the conversation that's going to happen about the game as people's anxieties overtake, then the puddle news happens, and all that stuff, because this game is going to be out in three weeks barely even that it's uh, it's going to be here before we know it.
Speaker 2: So that's looking fun.
Speaker 3: Crazy, Yes, that's crazy. Holy shit. Yeah. December sixth, right, yep, uh no.
Speaker 2: In December fourth, December fourth, that's right, Yes, December fourth is correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know why I have December sixth, libra, and that's that's different.
Speaker 2: Uh, huh oh. Yeah. Let's see.
Speaker 1: The game was originally announced in twenty seventeen, like that Nintendo Switch direct way back when it was developed for a little while at was it Bandynamico that was helping them out with it, and then when that version got canceled, Retro Studios took it over something like five six years ago and it's been working on it ever since. So this game has gone through about two complete dev cycles and we're finally getting it. So a lot of expectations will be put on it. I hope it can live up to them, and my guess is we get to it, people might still find Mackenzie annoying, but I do not think that will be what makes or breaks this game.
Speaker 2: I really really don't.
Speaker 3: Oh. I did to think of something I will say from like a game development perspective, So like if you're designing a level having an NPC that needs to be taken care of as scorted, I will say, like, there's gameplay elements here that could be expanded upon from like the other games, because you have that character in the game. So I don't know. I think it's going to be more than it appears right now, and I think that'll add some more dimension to Metro.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I.
Speaker 1: Have always been curious about where Samus fits into or a bit more curious about where Samus fits into the galact Dec Federation and all that stuff. And I know they explored some of that in some of the other games, Majord Prime three being one of them, for sure, but I think they could do even more with that, and so I'm hopeful as we get along in this game, what we find out is how all these various characters feel about her, and that really establishes her mythology even more. It's maybe similar to the way Doom twenty sixteen did, where it's like he wasn't talking all that much. All he did was, you know, when someone was having a conversation with him, he would bash a keyboard and and the screen. Yeah exactly, and it's like, Okay, that's all I need to know about this character. And I thought that was really enhancing to Doom guy. I think we could get something similar here, But that is me being hopeful.
Speaker 2: We'll see. I don't know, all right.
Speaker 1: Call of Duty Black Ops seven reviews came in yesterday, has a seventy seven on Open Critic eight out of ten from Dalton Cooper, who said Call of Duty Black Ops sevens robust multiplayer and zombies' offerings make up for the weaknesses of its co op campaign as a six out of ten from Simon Cardy at IGN, who says that Black Ops sevens campaign is a wild one thinks to the scope of its ambition, but the big swings it takes don't always land, leaving it an uneven step down from last year. And I think IGN has been separating out their single player and multiplayer reviews for a long time, and that would happen here as well. So that's six out of ten for the single player version of Call Duty Black Ops seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we should point out that number is moving and there's only like thirteen critic reviews out there right now, so it's already at a seventy nine from like.
Speaker 1: Okay, we wrote this on the docs, so thank you very much. Seven out of ten from se Doster. The latest entry in the Call of Duty series gives players more ways to play the campaign than ever, to various degrees of success.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: To me, this sounds a lot like a Call of Duty game. It sounds a lot like Black Ops seven. Multiplayer will be a lot and it's going to be very famili but there's going to be a ton of content there, and zombies is back immediately because this is another Black Ops game, and then that campaign sounds weird.
Speaker 2: In fact, let's just.
Speaker 1: Let's get this story in there right now. You can't pause the Call of Duty Black Ops seven campaigns, so you better hold it in. This is from Darren Bontius at GameSpot. Call of Duty Black Ops seven is now out, and while this new entry in the long running franchise doesn't stray far from its traditional action packed gameplay, in the single player campaign, there is one big difference here. You can't pause the game. The always online campaign doesn't allow players to take a quick break during a firefight, as the game continues on without you. This means you'll need to find a safe place to camp out in case you need to take a breather away from your screen, unless you want to become a standing target for enemies.
Speaker 2: But the game is pretty forgiving with deaths.
Speaker 1: I never found myself having to replay too much of a mission if I had to take a break midway through, or I reached a challenging section where I died a lot. Summer Doster explained in game spots Call of Duty Black Ops seven single player campaign review. Another change prompting online discourse is the game's aim assist features. Some players feel like the feature has been significantly dialed back following feedback from the beta, with some praising it and others asking for Triarch to make changes to it.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, but that will be an ongoing.
Speaker 1: Conversation that they are emphasizing co op for this campaign, which cool.
Speaker 2: I never want that at.
Speaker 1: The expense to be able to pause a game that I'm still very likely going to play on my own if I play it at all. Just this continues to be such a weird choice, especially for a Call of Duty campaign that should be like something I shouldn't have to think about. It should never annoy me. It should be just like a fun rollercoaster ride, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like what in the Don matric? Bullshit? Is this like a single player?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Please let me play offline? Like, look, I'm not a cod multiplayer guy. I have enjoyed the campaigns previously. Yeah, no, this would absolutely piss me off. I'm sure it comes from like some technical challenge of having like a heavily co op forward, co op focused campaign, but I don't know. It's it's one of those things. You know, they're in a meeting and they're like, are we doing this? Is this what we push? And they just make the call like, yeah, we're doing this because the effort is challenging. I don't I don't see like any huge benefit to them keeping it always online, So I don't think it goes from that sort of perspective, But I don't. It's not lazy, but it's not it's not cool.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it definitely definitely pushes me away a little bit.
Speaker 2: You could.
Speaker 1: It's it's obviously the kind of thing where they end up there because it enables some part of their vision and it's like, well, maybe we could come up with a solution to handle both situations.
Speaker 2: And it's like, well, like you said, they're.
Speaker 1: Like, it's probably not worth it because we want to just maintain this for seamless co op play or whatever.
Speaker 3: I was thinking like that if I haven't obviously haven't played it, but like if there's dropping co op, like you can just join someone's right.
Speaker 2: Which I would hope there would be. If this is the case, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's like maybe a reason I could see for it, but you should be able to opt in opt out of that. And also, like this is directly in the face of the ongoing shiit what's it called grub uh keeping games?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, stop killing games? Yes, thank you. You know, it flies right in the face of that. It's like, what are we doing, Like that is such a hot topic right now. I'm not as hot right in this year right now, but but still it's like, that's going to come up with this game if they don't fix.
Speaker 1: That, right you know, if there's any company in studio that's going to ignore that hubbub, it's going to be Activision.
Speaker 2: And the Call of Duty Studios for just like we.
Speaker 1: Are operating in our own world, separate from everything else because we're so large and important.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this will sell right Like it's yeah, it doesn't matter, like this is like a blip in terms of like how it will affect their their their balance sheet at the end of the year.
Speaker 1: So you know, other games, other single player games are primarily single player games. All these games that do have online single player campaigns that you can't pause, you usually have some form of co op like the thrum Soft games Dark Souls. You can't really pause. You can bring up a then you but it doesn't stop the world. The world continues in the background. To me, that's usually just from Soft being weird. And uh, it's just surprising to me that like Call of du would be like that a series that has thrived on quality of life features would be like, let's severe in this direction. Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. And then I'm trying like but like, like hit Man is always online and you can pause Hitman, So.
Speaker 2: Why is it?
Speaker 3: Why is Hitman always online?
Speaker 1: Whatever the reason is, it's not a good one or it's not good enough. Because every time that I have a disconnection issue with Hitman and it like pauses the game when I don't want it to pause and say.
Speaker 2: Hey, we got to figure this out. We're freak it out over here, I'm just like.
Speaker 1: Let me plead this name of flying you mother fucker. It's a weird, weird thing. I mean, you get offline. But then that's like there are other stuff counts towards you, like upgrading your character. It's or it's a separate tree. It's stupid, all right, let's keep going here. You be Soft Hawkes stock trading after earnings report delayed to limit unnecessary speculation. This is from Alex Hopley at Game Reactor. This is a very strange one. Just minutes before Ubisoft was expected to unveil the financial results of the first half of the twenty twenty five twenty twenty six fiscal year, the documents release, the document's release was delayed, and even trading of Ubisoft's stock was halted until the results came out. Ubisoft asked the stock exchange that it's on to halt trading. While this led to wild speculation in its own right, according to Ubisoft's chief financial officer Frederick dujou Duje, the pause on trading was to limit it and an internal email provided to Insider Gaming, we get a more in depth explanation of what happened.
Speaker 2: Although I still don't think this explains what happened.
Speaker 1: I wanted to let you know that we are taking extra time to finalize the closing of the semester, and as a result, we will publish our first half earnings results in the coming days instead of tonight.
Speaker 2: Duge's message read.
Speaker 1: Due to regal excuse me, due to legal regulations, we cannot share more information with you at this time. To limit unnecessary speculation and market volatility during this short delay, we have asked Euronext to suspend the trading of our stock until the results are announced. We know this is likely to raise questions and drive media coverage. I encourage all of you all to listen to the conference call, which will be available via the investor section of our website just after the results are released, so that you have a more detailed view of our earnings. Okay, in the past, something like this usually doesn't happen unless something very big is in the works. Most people are assuming some other part of ubi soft is getting sold off, and.
Speaker 3: That's what I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 1: And then that means like when we say who, and it's like okay and who and what. So let's just remind people of where ubi soft is at first, Chuck. Recently and like the last year, ubi soft has been going through restructuring, which is really just maneuvering by the Guimo family as part of an effort to keep them in charge of you be Soft for the most part. And the way that they were able to maneuver to make that happen was to partner up with ten Cent to form a new version of You Be Soft, separate from the old version that would absorb Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed, A Far Cry in Rainbow six, those three franchises, and that would be their focus.
Speaker 2: What happens to the rest of You Be Soft?
Speaker 1: You ask, Well, it's just sort of left behind in this old shell of You Be Soft where a lot of people still work. And then the question became, well, okay, that stuff's going to continue on its own path over there. Well, now it sounds like maybe, and we're speculating, Let's be clear, we're speculating. It sounds like maybe that chunk of You Be Soft is maybe going to find a new home. And I can't imagine who would be other than the Saudi's jock.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say some money. I mean, this is a company that's been subjected to aggressive attempts to be taken over, right, yeah, yeah, I think this all stinks exactly like acquisition or getting split off. And the reason you would freeze trading is because maybe there's people internally that have information that should not be trading on it, right, That's exactly why you do that kind of thing. So yeah, I think Saudi money makes a lot of sense for this when I see stuff like this happening, and again we don't know and haven't confirmed that they're being sold or or selling off assets. But when I hear about this from a company like Ubisoft, I just think of like, oh, the licenses, like all the IP and the licenses, and an old company like this, it's not going to be clean. There's like so many different ips that get trapped during acquisitions when things get sold off and they get split off. So I don't know, I worry. I don't think this family is the right people to be running this company. So like on that note, yes, get them out of here please, But one of the other stuff, like in terms of the creatives and the different games that have come out of Soft, doesn't it's not good. It doesn't sound good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's like Saudi's just acquired EA or is in the process of making that happen, So it's like what they also do they also grab ub Soft And if they did, or even if they did not and it was someone else, I think it's safe to assume that whoever would be taking on this version of you Be Soft would be doing so with the idea of we will finance its growth through borrowing money similar to what is happening with EA, to like fund part of that acquisition, and then we will make up for that and like service that debt and grow by cutting a lot of jobs and relying on a high I think that would be the exact strategy here, because it's the only strategy we've seen for these major acquisitions recently. You know, before it was there's a tons of cheap money, we could borrow money for really really cheap, so let's go out there and buy everything we can because there's you know, we might as well the money's free.
Speaker 2: That is not the case anymore.
Speaker 1: So, I and Ubisoft does have a sort of profit per employee problem. There's a chart that again I'm going to vaguely remember, but I know that Ubisoft was at the bottom of it from like last year, Chuck, where all these companies that make video games were listed and they listed profit or maybe it was revenue per employee, and you know, like Nintendo or some of these other companies were well up there, like two hundred thousand, three hundred thousand dollars per employee.
Speaker 2: May it was how much we're.
Speaker 1: Making and Ubisoft was the only company below one hundred thousand dollars per employee, and so that does not sound sustainable in this world where cost or rising and you have to be paying people even more to keep them around. And the reason for that is Ubisoft has a ton of people working there, more than just I think about any other publisher, and their games have been hitting less and less in beginning, samey more, samey, and so they have all these problems and not a great outlook for their future. And the French guys is that have been able to find some light. Assassin's Creed sure has had some misses, but then it has often bounced back. Well that's over there now, So it's like what is remaining? It's it is the Prince of Persia's which have been troubled by recent development issues for like the remaster and the remake and Beyond Good and Evil too, which is not real like this is this could be very bad for this version of you and be soft. It could like be stripped for parts even I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think no matter what something, something's trading hands is what it feels like right, and I feel like we do need to point out right now ten Cent owns a ten percent steak and it'll be soft, yes, and so yeah, maybe not just out of money, but maybe from ten Cent increasing their steak or something, or yeah, maybe spinning something off.
Speaker 1: But you know, it's I guess it's worth pointing out that this maybe this is maybe it's just an uncounting issue. Maybe because of like spinning stuff off to ten Cent, maybe that costs some problems that they could not have predicted, and and that's what's causing the delay. It just doesn't seem like that's what's happening here, you know. I think everyone's kind of sniffing this and going and this smells like there's a lot more that we're about to find out. They did say it's a short delay, so we probably I mean, we could get news today, but I guess we probably get.
Speaker 2: It early next week or something like that, So we'll see. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only other like reason you would do something like this is if literally your books are incorrect, like and they need to make corrections. Right, So that's not great either. No, how are you doing internally if that's the kind of shit you're dealing in? But you said you mentioned beyond good and evil too. My friend was a voice actor in the trailer I think ten years ago, Like wow, I think he recorded lines like almost ten years ago for that so uh that hurts my brain a little bit. I think there's been two versions of that game that have been canceled since then.
Speaker 2: So yep, so here we are.
Speaker 1: I I will eat my head if there's ever a beyond good and.
Speaker 3: Evil to print it out hat or like a yes.
Speaker 2: That's only kind of hat I wear, so of course right on paper.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Uh, all right, let's take a break. We have plenty of more headlines to get to. Before we get there, though, let's hear messages from our sponsor. If you want to skip out on these, Giant bomb dot com slash join where you can get ad free versions of the show as a video or an audio program.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back. Jan.
Speaker 1: You taught me to overcome my fear of sharp objects. I want to teach you how to overcome your fear of saving money.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to.
Speaker 4: I will only ever pay the manufactured suggested retail price.
Speaker 2: Stop. You don't have to live this way because now there's Deco Deals the double Date.
Speaker 1: That's right, Deco Deals is the best way to find deals on any major gaming platform or store.
Speaker 4: I don't want no bunk, out of date coupon code grub.
Speaker 2: It's nothing like that.
Speaker 1: Decou Deals has both the hottest and the freshest deals updated constantly. It's also just added Steam support with a super simple page to find bundles for Steam code.
Speaker 4: Ooh, I just found the Missed and Riven Complete collection for eight dollars on Humble using Deco Deals right now.
Speaker 1: I also use Deco Deals to build and add and share wish list. You could even use it to keep track of your collection.
Speaker 4: You know what, I think we should all build some lists and host them on Deco deals dot com slash giant bomb.
Speaker 1: And if listeners go to Deco deals dot com slash giant bomb, they can vote to make us play a game on the November twenty first episode of Unprofessional Fridays.
Speaker 4: Learn more at Deco deals dot com slash giant Bomb.
Speaker 1: It's Game Mess Mornings, Chuck and Jeff Let's get into It. Switch to owners claim the latest system update has stopped their third party doc from working. This is from Chris going at VGC. Sounds like this update has all kinds of troubles. A number of Nintendo switch To owners have been reporting that the latest system update has stopped their third party DOC from working. Although the switch To already comes with its own docs, players by extra third party docks, either so they can conveniently move between TVs in different rooms in their house, or so they can dock their console to another TV well Traveling A second official switch to doc cost one hundred and twenty five dollars. Man that's insane, however, meaning players often look for cheaper third party alternatives. This suddenly became an issue for some players this week when Nintendo released the version twenty one point zero zero update for Switch and switch To consoles. According to Kataku, numerous players have now been reporting that since installing the new update, their third party DOC has stopped working. On Reddit, one user noted, I finally got around to ordering a dock cable for travel. It arrived today, plugged it in, happy, it worked right out of the box, launched a game update alert update cables borked. Another user added, exact same thing happened to me here in Tokyo. Can confirm my second third party dock in our living room just stopped working as well.
Speaker 2: Right after today's update.
Speaker 1: Another said, it's like it's worth pointing out, Nintendo very weird with this stuff. It's proprietary kind of in almost every way, including power delivery, including how it handles video over USBC. All of it very bespoke, unnecessarily so uh to the point where, yeah, if you want something that you're sure is going to work, you're gonna have to pony up for the the first party doc. Even out of the gate when this when the system launched and there were third party docks, all those docks were like, hey, you got to do a firmware update on our shit, so because we got it working, but it's the software. It's a firmware update that will actually enable it to communicate with your switch to And even then it was a little bit spotty, like there was spreadsheets being shared. If people be like this one works one hundred percent of the time. This one's had some troubles, so it's already been a little bit of a nightmare. And now this, I don't I don't know if this happened on purpose. I think it'd be easy to assume, Chuck, that Nintendo is doing this on purpose because they want you to buy the first party dock and fair if that's if that, if people think that, you know, I could be convinced. To me, this just sounds like, No, their shit's so proprietary that when they update it, it's going to break it every time. I think this is going to happen with every update, that would be my guess.
Speaker 2: I don't know, what do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean you these companies like they want to keep somewhat friendly relationships with.
Speaker 2: People that are somewhat Nintendo creating.
Speaker 3: I mean like that charger, for example, is proprietary, and people were having issues they tried to use like a MacBook charger with their switch to or like a Steam deck charger with the switch too. It was like having issues. And I mean USBC devices are it's better than USBA used to be, but the speck on those and then knowing what kind you're supposed to use for what devices things are not labeled. Well, they're certainly not color coded right outside of maybe like a motherboard in the back. But yeah, so something like the doc the ports that it uses. What exactly broke on this right? Like it might be a driver issue, it might be the ports in use. Yeah, it's frustrating. You would think that they would have better communication out to not hardware partners, but people that buy a license to make hardware for Nintendo, which is I assume how that works. Stuff would be licensed. But yeah, that's frustrating. And yeah, I hope that stuff is just like a blip and not on purpose. I assume it's not on purpose.
Speaker 2: Yeah I am.
Speaker 1: Even if it is on purpose, I think that the people making these docks will still continue to find ways around it because at the end of the day, even though it's all proprietary, it's mostly just like set up in a specific way, like they're just like.
Speaker 2: It requires a certain level of power.
Speaker 1: You know, even when the third party doc was working, I think you still needed the first party charger to get any of those docks working. Maybe there were some exceptions, but I wasn't able to get anything working without using the first party charger plugged into the third party doc. And it's so I think things are probably just breaking down somewhere. And this is a very very weird chain. But this update, it's not just breaking docks. Apparently, it's Nintendo switch to update apparently also broke Pokemon A brilliant diamond and Shining Pearl.
Speaker 2: This is from Nintendo Everything.
Speaker 1: Numerous players are reporting issues with Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl following this week's firmware update for both for Nintendo switch To. Note that both Nintendo switch To and switch are now at version twenty one point zero points zero. However, we can't quite confirm at present if the same issues are happening on the previous console. We're not entirely sure what's going on, but those who install the new version of the update are experiencing crashing in Pokemon Brilliant Dimon and Shining Pearl while playing on Nintendo switch To. This can begin as early as the initial boot. It apparently doesn't happen every single time, but pretty often for some. Once the game crashes, you'll see a black screen with the following message there was a problem and the software needed to close. Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl aren't the only games impacted by this week's update. Brace Yourself confirmed that Crypt of the Necro Dancer is now crashing as well, seemingly only on Nintendo switch To and not Switch one. As for Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining pearl. We imagine that there will be some sort of update in the future, whether it's new system firmware or a game specific patch. You know, Nintendo's updates are not notorious for having a lot of problems.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do you think this is just early hard early like hardware timeframe issues kind of getting sussed out.
Speaker 3: What do you spe Nope, it's targeted. They're they're making amends with their customers. They're removing access to the worst Pokemon games on them into.
Speaker 2: Really magnanimous of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now I imagine this is some So there's this concept we called them API contracts scrub. So yeah, APIs application programming interfaces. You swap data back and forth between application and a system or a system whatever. So I think something there where like there's an API contract something that these games relied on from the switch to provide changed broke something like that is what I would imagine with a software update, And then I think the turnaround on this will get get fixed pretty quickly, is my guess.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it just weirdness out of the switch to update. We can circle back to the dock one just for a little bit. Do you think this is something that Nintendo will soften, soften on as the generation goes along, where it's like, hey, maybe we are being a little bit strict about what kind of stuff will work with the switch to and as this thing continues to sell, that stuff will be less important to Nintendo.
Speaker 2: Or why what do you think the motivation was in the first place.
Speaker 3: I don't think they soften on this, Like why would they soften on this stuff? Right? Yeah, they're the best positioned with their current walled garden in the same way that Apple is. PlayStation and Xbox are losing their walled gardens as they release games out to other platforms and kind of realize like, oh, we can't. We can't be like that. We can't be that aggressive toward our customers and guarded, whereas Nintendo clearly can. They have such an enormous footprint and a control over their customer's wallets where customers will just pay for the first party doc again if they need to. So no, I don't think they're going to softphon on this at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the kind of thing where I think the original motivation here was, as someone in chat points out, they are so scared of piracy. This is a company that is often like target number one for the industrialized pirate industry. Industry. Yeah, the pirate in an industry. People will create tools, they will create hardware, they'll create little cards, they will sell them, they will build entire businesses around helping people pirate on Nintendo devices. And then there's a lot of efforts that just go into the open source aspect of that. That that is a vibrant community of people who want to correct Nintendo devices. First and fore Nintendo is, yes, definitely afraid of that. Even though it didn't seem to really hurt the switch one, they still hated it. Hated the fact that that became a haven for piracy with the original switch model, and then all of these emulators that worked really well on PC and various devices. So they made every decision I imagine they could to cause problems and create hurdles for piracy.
Speaker 2: And I think they think all this stuff is part of that. Will it will it?
Speaker 1: Let me ask you, you might know better than me, will that succeed in any real way at mitigating piracy?
Speaker 3: Jeff grab I don't know anything about piracy. I would never dabble in these dark arts that you speak of.
Speaker 2: But you're keeping an eye on them, you know, yeah when police things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I keep my keep my fingers on the pulse. I will say so last gen, the most crackable, most often cracked them and games was Nintendo. But I think that has a lot less to do with the system. Well, sorry, it has everything to do with the system and that it was low power enough where it could be emulated on a PC right and even on a Steam deck, which is crazy if you you know. So, I think that was like why that system was so prone to it and open to it, and the way that PlayStation and Xbox are not they just start. So, I mean the way around this Nintendo is like, you know, make your cost value proposition really good, make your popular. Oh okay, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. No, I think a lot of their moves have to do with they are terrified of piracy and obviously like a very litigious Did you ever do some of the cracks on like the hardware where you had to like short the the circuit and like where the joy cons clicked in on the one.
Speaker 1: And no I had I had our original switch version that was like the one that was you could do all this stuff on. But I tried to replace the fan on it because it was being loud, and I just broke it. I made it worse.
Speaker 2: So then I kind of that's just in a drawer somewhere and I never ended up doing anything fun with it, which I wanted to do, but I didn't. I did, at least one.
Speaker 1: Point in my life see a Pirated game released early on a Steam deck somewhere, and I was like, this feels oh boy.
Speaker 3: Not that I'm scared now, not that I saw such things, but yeah, it is. It is quite a trip when yes, some of these sites circulate these early copies of the games, and you're like, okay, I'm actively participating in something.
Speaker 2: So oh no, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I looked at the left and looked the right, and so everyone around me is a kind of a crazy pirate's.
Speaker 3: Like, oh no, you're right, though, Like when Nintendo leaves something out, like the wolves come to feast, like the pounce on that ship, and it gets spread around really quickly, and.
Speaker 1: That's because Nintendo's so appealing that the maintaining and preserving Nintendo stuff is valuable to the community, and so it's it's a double edged sort of like just how important Nintendo is to people that it invites that sort of thing, and then you know it, is it even that sharp on the one side of that double sided blade, because again, it doesn't seem to.
Speaker 2: Be hurting Nintendo all that much.
Speaker 1: They are extremely profitable, but you know say that, yeah, go on, it's more profitable.
Speaker 2: Yeah what if? What if more profitable?
Speaker 3: You haven't thought about this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to, like throughout the possibility that there is, like because Dreamcast happened, right. Dreamcast was a system that was maybe the easiest thing to crack and play pirated games on. Basically you could just like burn them to a CD.
Speaker 3: And when you ce could run on that is that it was.
Speaker 1: I think it was even simpler than having to do anything with that aspect of it.
Speaker 2: It was very simple.
Speaker 1: So everyone was pirrating games on that thing, and it did that did affect the Dreamcast, But I don't know, I just you know.
Speaker 2: The Switch was very pirated.
Speaker 1: The three DS, the DS, all these things had various things that made it very simple, and yet the DS massive success. The Switch one is the first time Nintendo has ever had a system that had more than a billion pieces of software sold. So again, just when we look at the numbers. I'm not aching or my heart's not breaking for this company.
Speaker 3: All right, that's crazy. It's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Disney's Death Stranding anime will tell a whole new story in the game world, and it's coming in twenty twenty seven. This is from Samantha Nelson at Polygon. Anime and video game adaptations are two of the biggest fronts in the streaming wars, and Disney is seeking to bolster its position in both with an anime based on Hideo Kojima's Death Stranding series. Kojmo will serve as executive producer on the show, tentatively called Death Stranding Isolations, which will stream exclusively on Disney Plus in twenty twenty seven. Rather than adapt the journey of Sam Bridges Norman ritis which he's an actor. I don't know why you would want to not just use him, but whatever told in twenty nineteen's Death Stranding or Death Stranding two on the Beach, which was released in June, Death Stranding Isolation, that's how I have to say it.
Speaker 2: Chuck him, sir.
Speaker 3: I was like some of that line, and I love.
Speaker 1: How I need death training on the Beach, which was released in June. Death Strating Isolations will tell a completely new story. It will follow a young man and woman setting out on an adventure through the post apocalyptic world where civilizations. A civilization has collapsed after the connection between the living and the souls of the dead caused a massive explosion. The series will use hand drawn animation from E and H Production, the studio behind Adult Swim's Ninja Kamui uh. It will be direct It will be the director old debut of Takeiyuki Sano, whose animation credits include Dragon Ball Z, Battle of the Gods and Jiu Jitsu Kaizen Zero.
Speaker 2: It looked, you know what. The little bit of the art they've shown off looks cool.
Speaker 1: And I think that Kochmo will you know, oversee this and be involved with it in a deep way.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think Deastraining has really hit.
Speaker 1: It hit its stride, that the Welkin simulators hit its stride, and people want more of that world, and rightfully so, because Destraining two seems to have really hit for people.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Yeah, did you did you play Deastraining two?
Speaker 1: That all I've played a little bit of it, and I was just thinking like that may be one of the ones that I try to I know that you got to play a ton of it to like really play the game, but I want to like play it to the oh I get it point and see if I want to keep playing it after that. So that is like in the main rotation right now as we try to get ready for Game of the Year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the strongest points of that game were, like, the vibes are are good, right, like they're incredible. You look like you're checking Iceland, and but I think the best parts of that game are the bombastic, stupid action sequences mixed with cut scenes and cool fight sets that make no actual sense. But Kajima just wanted to get his shit in right, so he did, so I think if the anime leans on that, I think that's where it could be really successful. And I will say, like the pedigree here, the pedigree makes for good action sequences, especially that director comes from JJK Zero, which I think is the movie version of or like the movie that's like a prequel thing. Jan you can chime in if you want to correct pretty sure, actually, but yes, you're correct, is a prequel Mays got it yep, which is really really good and oh my god, it's hot. Shit, it looks it looks fantastic. So sorry, yeah, no, oh, I get you. I get you. Yeah. So the pedigree is really good in terms of like a great, great fight sequences and stuff, and then the vibes of that world are really good. I think it could. I think it could play really well as an anime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: This is not the only dest Stranding project in the works in terms of working with Hollywood or movie production studios around the world. Michael Sarnowski, who helmed A Quiet Place Day One, will write and direct a prequel for A twenty four that will delve into the mysteries of the death Stranding events. Aaron Guzakowski Rased by Wolves and Prisoners, is attached to right and animated feature, which will also be an original story. The first trailer for the film, tentatively titled Death Stranding Mosquito, was released in September. It will be directed by Hiroshi Miyamoto, who has worked on Dragon Ball, Super Superhero and IgA Precurd Dream Stars I'm sorry if I got that first word drunk, and will be produced by ABC Animation Studio. Yeah, I really think he's gone all in on Death Stranding, and I was skeptical about that, like around the time with the release of the first game, being like oh this, yeah, I get it, but like, is this You're really gonna try to make this your new thing? And now I'm like fully on board. I think he's earned it and I'm excited to see where it goes from here. And it's yeah, pretty cool. I do want It's like, you know, he is older, and I know he's talked about like slowing down. I wonder if like it's gonna be all death Stranding from here on out, or does he have another kind of original thing. Obviously he's got that horror project that he's working on with Microsoft. Does he end up treating He probably does, like start all these projects now with the idea of doing something similar of producing films and animated television shows, right.
Speaker 3: I mean that's what he wants, right. He wants to be in that world. He wants his games to enter that world, and he wants that crossover and working with A twenty four has to be a dream for for Kojima, because that studio just makes great shit even even there, like you know, their b stuff is still super solid and like fun to watch. They've never been accused of putting out like a boring film, so it's like a it's a great pairing and then an anime as well. I think he's probably he's on Clout nine.
Speaker 1: Different and chats reminded me about Phizzant. That's right, that's his other kind of long ways off.
Speaker 3: Do you go physin't? Do you physict hunting?
Speaker 2: I've never Yeah, no, I take my children fission hunting.
Speaker 1: Yeah good, Yeah, that is gonna he's like return to very specifically, I think middle gear solid tactical espionage action.
Speaker 2: So we'll see how that turns out. That is a long ways off. All right.
Speaker 1: Finally, and this is the story everyone's been craving to hear. They've been waiting for this moment. The WWE is making its own take on Blatro. This is from Chris Hayner at Polygon. It's been over a decade since WWE Supercard, a wrestling themed digital trading card game, was first released by two K and Dan Reiker. In the year since, it's undergone many changes, including increasingly powerful cards, a variety of modes to play through, and of course, plenty of ways to spend a little money to improve your deck now in a free update.
Speaker 2: Although I don't think you'll it'll remain free in the way you play it for long.
Speaker 1: It's wisely integrating mechanics. Similar to a different and far more popular card game, WWE, Supercard is now attempting its own version of its own version of roguelike deck builder Bolatro. The new mode, dubbed Superstar Showdown, is a permanent addition to the game, and it players are given a set of cards to use in a series of battles against other players. The mode plays out in three match rounds, with the winner game to pick a couple of upgrades for their deck, ranging from power boost to new cards being added, before moving onto the next challenger. Whereas the jokers in Bolotro are the key to scoring big and winning the game, each match in Super Showdown will note a type of card in your deck that will give you a power boost. If it's not in your hand, you can use one of your three redraws to attempt to find it. Otherwise, you make do with what you have and hope. So yeah, this definitely sounds like the kind of thing that does happen in video games. A game burst out onto the scene sorted, everyone goes, oh, man, where has this gameplay been my entire life? And then everyone else finds their way into it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the first ones to really cash in on this. I never really, not even really the first ones. There's been blattro like so far, but this one feels like they're most naked in some ways. I shouldn't be surprised that it's WWEE turning their digital card collecting game into a bolatro like it's weird.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: You know Dan's been you know, teaching me about wrestling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was having watch Beyond the Mat and everything. Yeah, and I liked it.
Speaker 3: I liked to watch that. I don't know if I'm ever gonna, you know, enjoy the w w product, but wow, yeah, I mean having like a mobile game with your IP and being able to cash in on it that Like. Of course, I am surprised at the pairing right for mechanics, but hey, who has not been susceptible to the siren song of pick between three things and then make a game out of that shit? That was part of the reason I made my stupid ship post game is I was inspired someone by Blotro, but WWE, I don't know, man, I want to try it, I'll admit.
Speaker 1: It, I kind of I'm like curious to see how it works. I bet it's the kind of thing where it is missing some of the juice and then you could probably add some juice to it if you buy better cards, which, boy, I'm glad. I'm just glad games like the Latro exists that I just you could just buy it. It exists within its own atmosphere, like separate from having to spend extra money on it to get anything. It's like, no, it's just get in there and mess around with the mechanics.
Speaker 2: Uh. And then these other corporations can build their money squeezing machines uh that are meant to ring you dry.
Speaker 3: Did you ever play a WWE supercard?
Speaker 2: Uh? No I did not. It was never.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I like physical cards, like collecting them when I was like a younger a little bit, but never so much so that I was also even nostalgic for it. So and that's what this definitely is, or was up to this point, was let's build your digital card collection, and that never really appealed to me, yeah, similar.
Speaker 3: Uh no, no, absolutely not, especially as a handful is out there. Yeah, but same developer is going to be working on this. So if that pedigree means anything to you, that's fair enough.
Speaker 1: All right, that does it for that deadlines. Let's wrap up the poll question from yesterday.
Speaker 2: Let's do that now. I'm going to refresh the results in case anything new has come in.
Speaker 1: All right, here we are. Are you getting a new Steam Machine? The Steam Machine twenty twenty five? Yes and no, we're your options. I know that a lot of people are gonna think I need to know the price, but we're just doing this now. We'll do it again when we get the price. For now, forty three percent of respondents said yes. That's over three thousand votes and forty three percent said yes. Fifty seven percent then said no, that's a banana's number to me. And of course, as always, this is our audience, very very engaged. But our audience already has a lot of ways to play games and probably maybe even PCs. So the fact that forty three percent are like yes, I'm at this moment, I'm saying yes before I know the price.
Speaker 3: Right, let's play what that price? I think eight hundred dollars for this, Yeah, the five hundred gigabyte version.
Speaker 1: So I've been there is a massive range if you go online from people from various guesses.
Speaker 3: I thought it was way lower than I than I think it's going to come in at, which surprised me.
Speaker 1: But I'm seeing people, I've seen a lot of four hundred to five hundred, and I think, just there's no way, There's no way it's four hundred to five hundred. But I my hopeful and sort of like, you know, if they try to, you know, eat some of the cost is between six hundred and seven hundred for that for that lower end model, but as RAM prices increase, that is ever more unlikely. So uh, I think they'll try to start it at seven hundred at the highest, but I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I won't be surprised by eight hundred, Chuck. It's it's it's a PC.
Speaker 1: They're they're selling a PC with Bespoke GPU and a Spoke CPU and their custom uh. And then they're going to have to put that memory in there, and it's gonna it's gonna be expensive for them to produce. So uh, yeah, well we'll see and it doesn't have the same sort benefit of selling a Steam deck. You know, people are gonna buy that for games, so they're gonna buy games. This is a computer that's not necessarily the same thing. Uh, but yeah, I think if we get to a point where, you know, I find some analysts we're also saying this thing is going to be a thousand dollars. If it's a thousand dollars, I think most most of this interest evaporates pretty quickly. But at the same time, that's that also is not out out of the rama possibility.
Speaker 3: So well, like I'm like, okay, handheld more expensive because smaller, but now box, no screen, maybe more expect that. That's hard for me to kind of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good point. I think that, you know, the steam Deck does kind of anchor things a little bit. But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know how much one I'm gonna get it.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, it'll it'll serve.
Speaker 1: I mean to me, it's like, I really like small form factor PCs and this looks like the best one.
Speaker 3: Looks like hot Ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks incredible and like six inches like that's crazy small.
Speaker 3: That's that's enough for any Yeah, that's what I've been told.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I think that we'll get that price and we'll do this again, and I'll be interested to see, like if it's on the high end, on the low end where people end up, because the excitement right now is obviously there. If forty three percent of people are saying, yes, this computer that's going to play a lot of games that are already available everywhere, So very interesting. Okay, no new pole question because it's Friday. So we're gonna do the Bomb twelve here in a second. So before we get there, we should get everything else.
Speaker 2: Out of the way. Chuck, where can people find you on the internet? What do you have going on?
Speaker 1: Should we tell everybody about all the things we need help with on the wiki and all that stuff?
Speaker 2: Take it away?
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Yeah, you can find me at Chucktowski dot com. That's that's my blue sky. But you can primarily find me behind the scenes here at giant bomb dot com, which has been the highest honor of my fucking career to be able to rebuild this website. It's seriously been like the most fulfilling work I've ever done.
Speaker 2: In an honor to work. Oh yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's where to try to launch that next month, grubs, So any folks that have you know it turns out PHP experience. That's our Our new wiki is going to be primarily built using PHP, using media wiki, which is the technology that powers Wikipedia. So it's got all the hym for a an ecosystem you need. So if you guys know PHP and you want to jump in and work on templates for characters or concepts, the giant Bomb wiki has eighty eight thousand entries. I think it's something like that relate to video games and the people that make them. So yeah, we'd love your help and you can do that at BombCast dot com, slash wiki which is the GitHub repo, or you can join our discord which I think is discord dot gg slash giant Bomb and then there's a channel it to get directed to to join our effort. Yeah, I'm loving it. I'm stressed, I'm working, I'm working a lot on this, but it's been great.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it, Chuck.
Speaker 1: Let's get some some Chucks in chat right now. Let's see season chat for Chuck. Please, thank you so much for all that. And yeah, well next month, everybody, new website. We're looking forward to as long as we can get there.
Speaker 2: I believe in you.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see, and then on Giant Bomb today we will have Call of Duty Black Ops seven for UPF and then I'm gonna get on a plane because Extra Life is tomorrow. So around midday, let's just say, start looking on on Giant Bomb's various video streaming platforms at around one pm Eastern, so ten am Pacific time. We might start a little bit later than that, but that's kind of what we're aiming for. But we're gonna go get burgers and then we're to come back get started, so it could be a little bit later, and then we're going to go for at least I think twelve hours and then maybe longer.
Speaker 2: We'll see. I have a flight the next day at like ten am, so I can't go twenty four hours, but we'll see. All right.
Speaker 1: With all that out of the way, I think it's time down the week, Chuck, let's do the Bomb twelve everyone. These are the twelve games that matter to people who are really playing games. And in November, the Bomb twelve is brought to you by Deeku Deals. I love Double D the Double D. I love when we're sponsored by places that I just legit use and really like because it's so easy to recommend them. Go save money on deako deals. It really just makes it so much easier to buy video games. So go over there dko deals dot com, and we appreciate them being a partner. All right, Let's go through the twelve games right now, starting at number twelve, Final Fantasy Tactics, The Evilies Chronicles number eleven, The Seance of Blake Manor number ten, Luminez Arise number nine, Battlefield six, number eight, Hyral Warriors, Age of Imprisonment number seven, are Greaders number six, Pokemon Legends z A. Number five is Ghost of the Ota, number four is Hades two, and then our top three is number three.
Speaker 3: Chi Jimmy Robo, I don't know this. There's some funny business here.
Speaker 1: There was certainly some funny business there. I'll you know, part the curtain here a little bit. Uh, there's funny business almost every week, Chuck and I go in there and I kind of like look for the patterns, look for what's like, who's trying to pull one over on us here?
Speaker 2: It's usually Jesse Fatelli.
Speaker 1: Usually I won't be surprised if this is Jesse Fatelli as well, but I'll say that there was a piece of shit Jesse, no absolute garbage human. I'll say that I appreciate the amount of effort that went in here. Chibi Robo was actually the number one response, so it was like by a large margin, but sometimes I got to put an editor's weight on there, so.
Speaker 2: Ye, respect exactly.
Speaker 1: Number two is Dispatch and number one the Outer Worlds too. That's the second week in a row for the Outer Worlds Too, a game that I don't hear a lot of people talking about, but it just it seems like maybe a lot of people are just sitting down and playing that game. I was really enjoying it. I got distracted by some other stuff. I should just go back and finish that game, because I think it's fantastic.
Speaker 3: You distracted me from being able to get to the Outer Worlds too, because I started playing Dispatch yesterday well, and then it was suddenly two am, and I was like, fuck yep. And then this morning you're like, I want to be on Geno. I'm like, okay, stop looking tired. So I'm loving Dispatch, but I think my next thing would be The Outer Worlds too.
Speaker 1: I think the thing about Dispatch, other than myself enjoying it, is every everyone seems to like it. Kind of no matter what kind of game you're into, what like, what, what's your genre? What kind of game do you typically like, doesn't seem to matter. Everyone seems to start Dispatch and come around to it. I don't think that would necessarily work on Dan Reiker, because Dan special he hates those tencent tencent the Telltale games. But Mike Minati's gonna play this, and he never loved those teleg games too much, but I think he disliked.
Speaker 2: Looking at him in some ways. Yeah, this just looks phenomenal.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I was playing it, and I'm like, my wife would probably watch me play this. She does not play games. She will not watch me play games. I was playing that when I was like, she would be into this, she'd enjoy watching it. And you can just turn off the interactive stuff like the QuickTime events and stuff like that. I don't know, it's I think it looks fantastic. It looks like television show quality. They probably should make one.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And I enjoy the gameplay as well. All right, we'll do the Bomb twelve again next week.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: That means there will be a new form link where people can submit their game.
Speaker 2: I'll get that posted.
Speaker 1: It'll be on giant bomb dot com at the bottom of the blog post about this week's Bomb twelve, but we'll also post it on social media.
Speaker 2: Usually can get you on grub dot WTF, which is my blue sky handle.
Speaker 1: All right, So until then, and until next week, or at least until UPF later today and then Extra Life tomorrow, We're going to get out of here. Chuck, thank you so much for hanging out with me and talking about video games. Man, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Love hanging out with you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Likewise, man, thank you all for watching and listening. You're the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself, and goodbye.