Speaker 1: Hey, folks, welcome back to another episode of the Ruby Rogues podcast. This week, I'm your host, Charles max Wood, and yeah, I've been doing a few of these solo episodes. I've started inviting guests again. I've just got crazy and so, yeah, the recordings slowed down and then I wasn't inviting people on and so we just haven't had guests for a little bit. But yeah, I talked to Obi Fernandez the other day. Hopefully he's going to show up here soon. I've got a number of other people that I've reached out to and invited onto the show, and so yeah, we should start seeing those start to get lined up. I do not know what that looks like with the holidays and stuff, so we're just gonna have to play that by ear see you might get some more solo kind of stuff for me. But in the meantime, I'm going to jump in and I'm going to talk about the DHH keynote from Rails World. This year, the Rails World was held in Amsterdam again. I went when they held it in twenty twenty three and then last year was in Toronto. Next year it's going to be in Austin.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it was It's always interesting to see what is coming down the pipe for rails and how that's going to affect those of us who work on Ruby on Rail's apps. But yeah, there was a lot of stuff that he went through and I kind of want to just dive in and talk through some of it.
Speaker 2: So the first thing that he talked.
Speaker 1: About, and I think this is interesting and it's something that I'm going to be getting into in a little more depth, I guess on one of the other shows that I'm starting up called Single Player SaaS, and I've also been talking to some folks and I'm working on pulling together a SAS on Rails event. So SaaS is software as a service and I get that a lot of people are really excited and bullish on AI, and I think there's some blend, right because you can offer a software as a service that's an AI based service, and I'm building something around that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, at the end of the day, what I'm.
Speaker 1: Really looking to do is just talk through some of the things that were covered in his keynote. And it was funny because he starts out and he has kind of this you know, they're the little dogs from these memes, right, So you got this big dog and he's like, well, you know, back in the day, I would deploy my PHP application just by pushing new files up over FTP. Boy, that brings back memories. It was also kind of the and in some ways it still is. The people still use FTP to push updates to WordPress because I remember graduating from not PHP per se.
Speaker 2: I did do some PHP on.
Speaker 1: Some personal projects when I was in college, so that would have been early two thousands and then and yeah, I mean that was your deployment, right, You just put it on the server. You know, if push really came to shove, then you would sshn and you would tell Apache there was new stuff or you know, restart it.
Speaker 2: But but that was it, right, I mean that that was deployment. And so you'd run it locally, you'd make sure it worked, and then you'd push it up, you know.
Speaker 1: And now he's saying, yeah, now it has to go through your whole CICD pipeline, and then it has to go and it has to you know, jump through all these hoops with your Kubernetes or aws or Heroku or blah blah blah blah, and that's all kind of gross and and then you know, fifteen minutes later it may or may not deploy, depending on what's going on.
Speaker 2: And you've got all of this extra stuff going on.
Speaker 1: And Yeah, when he was talking about it was funny because I was sitting there.
Speaker 2: He didn't go so much into Kamal.
Speaker 1: He talked a little bit about Kamal proxy, and I'll get to that a little bit later in the episode. But I've been to playing with Kamal for the last while and I've had to do some I wouldn't say it's extensive work on Kamal, but I've had to add some pre deployed scripts and stuff to get it to do what I want. And basically what I've been doing so I have a multi tenant app and on the tendency, you can add a subdomain or a domain like a full domain, a top level domain.
Speaker 2: And when you do.
Speaker 1: That, there's not a good way to get that into your configuration for Camal, because that's all in your deploy dot Yamal file. And I'm working on a better way to do it than what I'm doing. But right now, what it does is it actually hits an endpoint on the server and it sends It just sends up an off key and then it gets the list of all the domains and subdomains and it sticks them into that deploy file and then it deploys them.
Speaker 2: And that works pretty good.
Speaker 1: Does modify my deploy dot YAML every time I deploy if there are new tenants or new domains. But I'm not really marketing it, so it's it's not a routine thing. But I keep thinking that there's got to be a better way. And what I'm probably looking at, just on a side note, is Nate Berkopac, who he does like scaling rails and stuff like that. He's got a book on it and things like that. But he posted to Twitter a while back and he said something to the effect of, it'd be really cool if there was a system that you could use to basically do a get pushed deployment or you know, a managed deployment like what Heroku does.
Speaker 2: Without having to use Heroku.
Speaker 1: Because Heroku is freaking expensive, it's complicated and somewhat limited on what you can.
Speaker 2: Deploy with it.
Speaker 1: Right if you're doing anything outside of kind of the fundamental things that they offer, you have to go get a third party service. You have to tie it in to provide that other thing and jump through hoops, and I can see where, you know, if you've got the way that Kamal works, I could see building something on Camal where you just say I need Rettis and it says okay, and so it deploys a Rettus along with everything else, right. And so then as long as there's capacity on the server, whether you're using my servers or your servers, right, because you could also set it up so just hey, he's here are the keys to my Linux or Linot account, or here are the keys to my AWS account, and then it just manages all that crap for you. And then you could get fancy. And I don't know how fancy I would get, but you'd get fancy. You could have it monitoring the capacity on that stuff, and then if if it's getting close to capacity, right, then it spins up another server for you and deploys more stuff with Docker onto those. But anyway, yeah, you know, I mean, the deployment's way easier with Kamal. So that that was one area. There were other areas of complexity he brought up, and I was just you know, I'm just there going, yeah, I kind of live in that world right where. And then he said that there are these merchants of complexity, right, so they'll sell you all this stuff that you may or may not need, I think for some of the bigger enterprise customers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe some of these services make some sense.
Speaker 1: I would really dearly love honestly, because there are open source systems like grafauna and.
Speaker 2: Or Cabana or whatever.
Speaker 1: I can't remember which ones which and what the open source limitations are and all that stuff. But you can set up other systems that are open source, and I don't see any reason why you couldn't deploy those two.
Speaker 2: I'd love to figure that out, right.
Speaker 1: And so then what you do is you basically get a a deployment toolkit that just gives you all the all the all the toys, but anyway, so then you can monitor what you need and get what you want. So anyway, yeah, I completely agreed with them on the on the complexity stuff. It just it it feels like there's so much and as I dive deeper and deeper into this area where I want to deploy my own services and software as a service. Oh, the other one he got onto was micro services and I have to say that. So where I work now and some of the contracts that I've had over the last couple of years, Yeah, they've got like a dozen services that you have to run, and I'm just not convinced that you need all of the all of that extra orchestration and to do the job. I think you could do a lot of it in rails, and I don't completely I guess understand the allure of pulling it out and putting it in its own service. I think there are probably instances where some of that makes sense, but yeah, once you get to the point where you have to figure out orchestrating and deploying more than a couple of services, I don't know. I don't see the real draw there. But some of these bigger companies have done it. You know, maybe it helps isolate some of that data and stuff if you have to keep it private or things like that. I mean, I can think of instances where it does make some of that stuff easier because you have an extra layer between whatever's serving the front end and everything else. But for the most part, it just seems like it's it's overkill. So so I'm with him on that. But yeah, like I said, if your instance is different, and you think that you have a terrific case for having a micro service, no skin off my nose, right, you're you're the one that has to maintain it and deploy it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but getting into the other stuff.
Speaker 1: The other piece of the philosophy with RAILS that he pointed out was that and I love this and this is the reason why I love rails personally, was he points out that it's supposed to be this broad tool kit for all the things you want to do to get modern web app out right.
Speaker 2: And are there are there features that are still missing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are, but for the most part, it looks like they're figuring that out. So a few of them that he talked about. One of them was marked down, right, He said that markedown is basically the lingua franca of AI.
Speaker 2: He's not wrong.
Speaker 1: And so being able to work with and run through stuff in markdown, you know, translate things into markdown, send it to the AI, whatever it sends back, if that's in marked down, being able to render it makes things a whole lot easier.
Speaker 2: And there are more and more.
Speaker 1: Features and functions that are being outsourced to AI, and so that that makes.
Speaker 2: A whole, whole, whole, whole lot of sense.
Speaker 1: Another one that he talked about was the offline functionality, right where your app can function offline, and especially if you're using something like I want to say Turbo Native, but it's hot Wire Native. If you're using something like hot Wire Native, people expect it to work more or less like an app. And that means that if I open up my app and I'm not connected, and I'm not connected to the internet, still I still can't have some reasonable expectation that's going to function. And yeah, not every app that I have on my phone works without internet. What's funny is is some of them it's like, this is a game, right, but it won't function because it can't They can't run the ads, and so they don't want me to play the game unless they can profit off of me or something. It makes a lot of sense there having that functionality there as well. And apparently Joe Mazilotti and I think it was Rosa what's her name? I think I can up here anyway that there was another time. Yeah, Rosa Gutierrez. You know, they spoke about some of these functionalities with if the different options with you know, the offline mode and stuff like that. So that's exciting, right because you know you can definitely make things work that way. Another one was the notifications, so the push notifications from your rails app, which is a critical feature in my opinion if you're running a software as a service or anything that you know you need.
Speaker 2: To let people know about.
Speaker 1: One other one that I thought was really awesome was the active job continuations. In other words, you can basically run your deployment and it doesn't have to sit around and wait for this long running job to finish. Instead, you know, it can stop and then it can pick up where it left off, which is awesome, very very exciting. Lexi is the new action text so you know, where before you use tricks, now it's using Lexi and the yeah again, you know, just the capabilities there with a better rich text editor and the options that you have with mark down.
Speaker 2: That's exciting. That's very exciting.
Speaker 1: And finally, the active record tenety and the camal geoproxy stuff where you can push now your stuff out to the edge. And this is something that I've kind of been looking at off and on for a while, is I don't think it's terrible to expect people to hit a server when one or two locations around the world can also see where it would be really nice to be able to just serve things faster, right where if you're in Europe, you're getting your data from Europe, and if you're in the US, you're getting North America, you're getting the data from North America. Right, And so it's just it's faster because it doesn't have to travel as far, and very very exciting stuff there. So overall, I'm really excited. It looked like they're dropping support for stuff. I can't remember all the things. I didn't really take that involved of notes, but you know, just making sure that it's focused on the forward looking stuff was really really exciting. And then and then he showed off omarchy and I'm glad that he said how to say it, because I've just kind of been reading in my head and I was never quite sure how to say it. But Omarchie it's it was funny because he says, yeah, when I when I switched over, I started using a Boontu, and that's kind of where I've been at. I just installed a boon too, So my journey there is it kind of looks a little bit like where he ended up, not not entirely. So for work, they issued me a MacBook Pro. And anyway, I was chatting with some of my coworkers and they were like, you know, and I was complaining because I was like, you know, I kind of I feel like I'm a little bit lost in Apple prism, a little bit right where I only get what I can get on the Apple and I don't have as much control over my stuff, and you know, sometimes these couple of things just don't work as seamlessly as they do on Linux. Because I have a Linux machine under my desk that I've been running a boon to on. You know, I installed Katie on it because I wasn't the Gnome interface just isn't my favorite.
Speaker 2: Katie really isn't either, but it was closer to what I was used to.
Speaker 1: And so anyway, so at work, what wound up happening was they said, well, you can request a Linux machine. So I did, and so the laptop I have now is a Linux machine running a boon tou. And I was chatting with the other guys at work that are using Linux and they were basically saying, yeah, well, we we got rid of Gnome and we're running I three and I three is one of those I can't remember exactly how they describe it effectively.
Speaker 2: If you watch the video he shows.
Speaker 1: Off what he's doing there. I think he's using Hyperland. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I three.
Speaker 1: It says it's a tiling window manager, and so what happens is is you hit the magic keys and it'll open up a term and the terminal takes up the whole screen. And then if you hit the magic key again and it opens up another, it'll open up another terminal and it'll split it. It'll just automatically split the screen in two. And you know, there are you know, hot keys for saying split it horizontally, split it vertically, make this take up, you know, and so you can affect the layout, and then you have different workspaces that you can move through. I had some issues with I three, and so I switched to SWAY, and Sway is based on I three, but instead of using the x eleven Windows Manager, it uses Wayland, and I think Hyperland does the same. But yeah, he was showing it off and it was like, oh, yeah, that's a lot like what I'm doing. I'm still learning the ins and outs of SWAY. But I have to say that it's it's really really nice and the fact that they he's worked out over the last few months all the kinks with.
Speaker 2: Hey, this works nice, with this works nice.
Speaker 1: With this, right, Because with Sway, I've had to figure out, oh, how do I get it to and I still don't have it quite working where it's okay, you're if I walk away for five minutes, I want it to turn on a screen saver. Well, it still doesn't do it. There's something wrong with my configuration. It just stays on. I mean, nothing breaks. But you know, I have to figure out how to configure that myself. So I have to find the open source program that works with SWAY that will do all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: If I want the machine to go to sleep like it is now, I actually have to put a command in or I have since configured a key combo that will just tell it to go to sleep. But it's you know the fact that he's kind of figured all of that out as far as this is how we get all the niceties with managing stuff. And then you can manage your windows with just from your keyboard. I mean you can use your mouse, so you're not locked off your mouse, But then I can just use the mouse for the places where it makes sense for me to go and go, Okay, I gotta click on this web page, and I gotta click this button, I gotta click this think. I got to work through this thing, and so I'm really looking forward to trying it. One other thing that I saw on Twitter was so my my laptop, my personal laptop right now, I really want to try out the Framework ones laptops, and that's what he showed off at Rails World. The thing that appeals to me about the Framework laptops is that if I want to upgrade them, I can. And that's been an issue that I've had with laptops for a long time, is you're just kind of stuck with what you get. Some of the PC laptops give you some options, right you can, you know, you pull out the RAM and put new RAM in, and you know you can pull out the hard drive and put in a bigger hard drive.
Speaker 2: But the Framework ones are built for you to be able to do that. Right. So, if you want a nicer keyboard, keyboards modular, you can pull it out.
Speaker 1: If you want a different screen or a better screen, you can swap it out. You know, the RAM, the hard drive, all of that stuff is made for you to be able to pull it out and put new in that's better, and so you can get a base model and then you can upgrade it as you go. And so I'm looking at trying that on Twitter, because I've got a couple of Mac Minis sitting over here, but they're old and so they won't upgrade to the late latest mac os. I have a Mac Pro up in my closet over there, and it's like a twenty twelve I.
Speaker 2: Think Mac Pro.
Speaker 1: And apparently people are installing Marchie on these older Apple devices and it's working fine. And so I'm really excited about some of those options as well.
Speaker 2: And then the other thing that he got me thinking about.
Speaker 1: As he was talking through some of the things at the end of his talk was he was saying, yeah, you know, and you can, you know, you can just run all this stuff at home, and blah blah blah. It does occur to me, and I know Dave Kamiura does this. Dave, who used to be a host on Ruby Rogues, he actually has a server RAC and servers in his house and he hosts all of his crap out of his home, and I mean, I have fiber internet here, and I don't see any reason why, you know, if I put a rack in here somewhere, or you know, even with some of the older machines I have, you know, I put OMARCHI or something on them, or just installed like just a boomtoo server on them. You know, maybe I could host some of the stuff that I do here in my house and run some of the stuff locally, right, even if it's just CICD or things like that. I think it'd be interesting to see if I could make all that work and then you know, not have to pay a data center bill or a cloud bill to host my crap. Now, if the internet goes down at home, then you know, that's what you get out of some of that other stuff is you have better guarantees that it'll stay connected and stay on right as opposed to hear where the power could go out or whatever, or my ISP could have a hiccup.
Speaker 2: But anyway, at the end of the.
Speaker 1: Day, I'm pretty I'm pretty stoked about some of the possibilities and about reviving maybe some of this other hardware and being able to run stuff that way. I don't know that Omarchie is approachable for like my kids, you know, my wife, they're they're pretty used to Windows. But you know, just having those options where it's like, oh, okay, I can offload some of the work to some of these other machines or you know, things like that. I just I think, I think there's some real options there. So I'm pretty excited about some of the you know, some of the things. But yeah, he installed Amarchie in like four minutes and had a rails rails app, running, a new rails app, build a blog. He had that running in another minute or two, and so, you know, just just the idea of that is pretty exciting. I am not a neovim user, so I would just have to figure out how to run Emacs or something on there. But a lot of these tiling systems they'll run other stuff. So even if I wanted to run Cursor or vs code or something else, I probably can because it'll run the gooey apps.
Speaker 2: Anyway. Yeah, so anyway, I'm pretty excited about it.
Speaker 1: I don't know that there's a whole lot more for me to dive into there. I'm definitely going to be watching some of the other stuff on the YouTube playlist. But yeah, I'm pretty excited about the stuff that's coming, especially in Rails Rails eight point one. They released Rails eight point one beta. I think I heard.
Speaker 2: That Rails eight point one was actually released. Yeah, I seem to. I thought I got an email that said that it was. I'm looking right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was released Friday, October twenty about two weeks ago. So as we speak, it's out and it's got all of those awesome features, you know, so you can run your CI locally, you've got your markdown stuff. I'm kind of curious now just clicking through some of this stuff.
Speaker 2: See what So.
Speaker 1: They have structured events. I'm not sure what that is. I think some I think it's related to the notification stuff.
Speaker 2: But yeah, all.
Speaker 1: In all, I'm pretty excited about what's there, and I'm looking at diving into some of the other features. If you're if you're interested in Rails eight point one, it's definitely worth watching because you can see what's there kind of in broad strokes and if you're, oh, here we go, this is better. So structured event reporting is it's essentially logging.
Speaker 2: It looks like so, yeah, you've got that going on.
Speaker 1: But yeah, then you've got the local CI, you've got the markdown rendering, but you.
Speaker 2: Can deprecate associations.
Speaker 1: That's cool, And camal doesn't require you to have a local or a remote registry like docker Hub anymore.
Speaker 2: I think if you have.
Speaker 1: Multiple people doing deployments, your certain level of automation and stuff, you probably still want the Docker hub remote registry stuff. Yeah, you know where I I'm at, where I'm the only person deploying, I could see that making sense. Where you know, maybe I don't use docker Hub anymore.
Speaker 2: I know it.
Speaker 1: Slows it down because it actually has to go talk to the server up up in the sky and get stuff and make it all go and then come back.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It has to talk to it, and then it has to push up the image and then it deploys from that image. So anyway, that's pretty much everything that I have to talk about on this. So I'm going to go ahead and sign off as soon as I do my picks a few other things that I wanted to quickly mention. So I did mention that I'm looking at doing the single player SaaS podcast where I'm talking about building software as a service, just to be kind of clear on that it's not going to be a podcast. That is, you have to stay solo all the time. I mean, I anticipate actually growing and building my team, but I think the tooling and everything else that's out there these days, you can go a lot further on your own and have it make sense. And so that's what I'm looking at is, hey, here are some of the things that i'm figuring out that I can do while I'm still not sure that I can afford to hire a person. And then hey, I've decided I need to hire somebody to do this stuff, and so this is what I'm doing to get there. But I could also see the potential of hey, I've built an AI agent that does this particular thing for me. So anyway, definitely that's one thing. And then I'm getting ready to launch the Ruby Tip of the Day and Rail Tip of the Day. Those will be podcasts, so you can just subscribe on your podcast player.
Speaker 2: They're not out yet, but they will be soon.
Speaker 1: And then I'm going to have video companions for each of the podcast episodes. You can actually go and see them in action, and there will be some level of freemium to that. So you'll probably get a couple of episodes a week for free, and then you'll get a couple more that are paid every week. I'm hoping to have a daily tip and then yeah, you get like two or three for free every week, and then the other three or four every week, right, are part of the subscription, and I'm going to keep that pretty affordable. I want to put something together that's kind of like go Rails or rails casts or drifting Ruby as well.
Speaker 2: But what I want to do there is more in the vein.
Speaker 1: Of the SaaS stuff. So it's not hey, this is this feature in Ruby or Rails, and this is.
Speaker 2: How you do the thing.
Speaker 1: What I want to do is I want to say, hey, I am building this service, right, and so I need this feature, and so here's how I'm building it with Rails with the latest you whiz bang that's in rails. And so one of the things that I'm looking at building is a system for people to follow the legislative process in Utah, right, And then I think it's probably something that I could expand fairly easily into other states. But then the push notification stuff that just came out in the keynote, right, I could see saying yeah, so now people can subscribe to get push notifications off of the app, and so if something changes, right, it'll pop up in their browser and say this builds text changed or you know the something else. You know the sponsor withdrew, or you know it's going to committee. It's just been a signed of committee hearing, right, and so then you know you have to go show up at the capitol or get on zoom and test, you know, if you're going to testify and say, hey, I don't think this is a good idea because of this, or hey I think this is a terrific idea and I'm an expert, and here's why. And so anyway, so you can see that if I, if I put these features in, then I can show people, hey, here's a real world example that people are going.
Speaker 2: To actually be consuming. That give you the thing.
Speaker 1: But the other thing is is that I could then also talk through some of the features that I'm building in and the reasons why I'm doing it that way. So, for example, the last handful of applications I've built, I've deliberately not used device. And the reason is is between the authentication generator, a little bit of help from AI and just some basic rails know how I can get the functionality I need without having to figure out how to shoehorn stuff into the process with divides, so you know, just.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So anyway, yeah, so those are the things that I've got coming. I'm probably gonna get those rolling here within the next week or so, and then you can sign up for a discount as kind of a launch slash Black Friday deal. I'm not sure how often I'm going to really offer discounts, but if you're willing to back me early, then.
Speaker 2: I am willing to give you a deal.
Speaker 1: And the other thing is is that there are a handful of people that signed up for like the book club and some of the other coaching that I did last year in twenty twenty four, and so those people are going to get a killer deal.
Speaker 2: Discount because they backed me early.
Speaker 1: And so if you're looking at, okay, well, what else could he come out with, you know, as far as you know, maybe some of this you know, pre work on camal so that you can get the deployment you want or things like that, then yeah, because yeah, like I said, I'm looking at building software as a service in a number of areas and I'm looking to integrate AI into them, and so if you want to see how I'm building that stuff, you know, I'm going to be putting out videos on it. So anyway, that's a way to keep up. Let me do some pics and then I will jump off. So my first pick I always do a board game pick. I learned a new game last night. It's called Tower Up. It's a relatively simple game and what you're so what you're doing is you're trying to construct buildings in a town. I think we played it in like forty five minutes. There were four of us playing, and that was with one of us getting a phone call saying that his son had been in a car accident and nobody was hurt, right, But he stuck around just long enough to finish because his wife was telling him, no, you don't need to be here.
Speaker 2: But as soon as the game was over, he's like, I'm.
Speaker 1: Going anyway, so he you know, So we got distracted in the middle of it, and we still finished it in like forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: It's two to four players.
Speaker 1: Board game Geek says it's a weight of one point eighty seven and the way that it works is you have a map, and then you've got different ways of getting bonus points when you score that you score on. So when we played, if you were in four buildings on lakes, then then you got a score token.
Speaker 2: If you had if you were in one building of.
Speaker 1: Each color, and the colors are white, gray, brown, and black, then you got a score token. And then if you had five buildings that you were in that were all connected to each other, you know, so you'd have them in a line, you could have them all clustered together. Mine were kind of all clustered together when I did it, Then you get a token. And if you're the first person, you get seven points, if you're the second person you get five points, third and fourth person each get three points. And when you place, when you build a building, you can only build where there isn't a building, But when you build, you have to add on to every other adjacent building that exists. And so if there are if you're playing on a spot that has a white next to it and a brown next to it, oh, and you can't play the same color next to each other anyway, So if you play, if there's a white and a brown that are adjacent to a space, you have to play gray or black in that space. But then you have to put a white on the white building and a brown on the brown building. But then any building, including the one that you just built, that you want to build on or that you put a token on, you can put your roof. You can put one of your roof pieces on. And at the end of the game, and when you put your roof piece on, then you move the little tractor. You've got four tractors that are on traction, move the tractor up and so then you get scored based on where all of your tractors are. You get points based on how many of your roofs are on top of however many buildings.
Speaker 2: You can max it out at seven. Also, if you move all of.
Speaker 1: Your tractors past a certain point, you get an extra turn, and you can do that a bunch of times, but that's basically the whole game. And so then you just score it up based on the tokens you got for completing the missions, what the position of your tractors, how many of your roofs are showing, and then you.
Speaker 2: You know you win or not.
Speaker 1: And yeah, it says that eight ages eight plus complaint.
Speaker 2: That's probably fair.
Speaker 1: And yeah, two to four players. We've played it with four. I think it's probably good with four. There was a flip side of the board where you play two player, and it was a smaller board, and there are a bunch of different missions. So for the replayability, right, you get a different game because you're you're trying to score those on those missions differently. Anyway, I'm going to pick that tower up and then I don't know if I picked this last time or not, but I'm going to pick a movie that my wife and I went and saw.
Speaker 2: It's called Truth and Treason.
Speaker 1: It's a World War two movie, which is always a winner for my wife, and so we we went and saw it. It's it's by Angel Studios, and we're Angel Guild members, and so we got tickets.
Speaker 2: Because we're Angel Guild members, you get free tickets.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's a story of these young men who basically are running around I think it's Homburg, but they're they're running around and they are typing.
Speaker 2: Up on typewriters, right because whatever, but.
Speaker 1: They're typing up these anti Nazi leaflets and then they're going from building to building or putting in them on cars, right, and so they're sticking them and people's mail boxes and explaining, you know.
Speaker 2: The evils of the the.
Speaker 1: Hitler regime and you know, so it's their story is as to how they get into it, which is that one of their.
Speaker 2: Friends who's a Jew, gets disappeared.
Speaker 1: By the SS and so you know, it gets them going to fight the regime, the Nazi regime, and you know, and so it's kind of it gets a little intense because you're worried about him getting caught, and then after he gets caught, you know what happens. And anyway, it was really good. We enjoyed it. And so if the World War Two Do the Right Thing kind of movie appeals to you, then definitely go see it. Just keep in mind that it doesn't really have a happy ending. But yeah, it's right up our alley. Because I'm not sure exactly what my deep feeling of connection is with World War Two because my grandparents, or my grandmother left France before Germany invaded France.
Speaker 2: She left a few years before Germany invated France.
Speaker 1: So like, I don't know people that fought in World War Two, Well, my grandfather fought in World War two, but he was I think he was in the Pacific.
Speaker 2: He was in the Navy anyway.
Speaker 1: But I just I just feel this strong connection for whatever reason as part of my history.
Speaker 2: And my wife does too.
Speaker 1: But her grandfather was in the Air Force in Europe and her mother grew up for several years in Germany, so she has that strong connection there as well.
Speaker 2: And so, you know, a lot.
Speaker 1: Of these it's like, oh wow, you know, these are just amazing stories of people, you know, doing the right thing and risking their lives. I don't feel like I'm put in a position where I risk my life. I mean, I've stood up for what I believe and I've had people try and punish me for it, but nobody's tried to kill me for it. So but I still identify strongly with these kinds of stories. So anyway, it's called truth and Treason. And definitely go check it out as well. And yeah, those are my picks.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening. Until next time. Max Out