Speaker 1: Oh you shuck on my toe. I would love it if the sequel actually had merit. That's the Ben and Skin show. He's Gavin, he's Piste.
Speaker 2: Allard with Epan with our show. You're going ruling in you, except with similar sweet pursuing it, puddled out shaw shank through the sewer, Kid, Now what chill in at the eagle?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We doing it, three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, a goat status. Howard starting to get craddic shows that up multiplied like a rabbit tuned in, zone out.
Speaker 1: Crank it up, beat the habit I won.
Speaker 3: I hang out with her friends, rocking it on the radio, my home by skinkin talking on the radio.
Speaker 1: It's time to to just falls again.
Speaker 3: Oh here we go, all radio friends. It is good to be back with you. Last time I saw you, guys, it was at BFD. Damn, Oh my god, that's right.
Speaker 1: A long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I immediately after BFD, I took my family on a vacation and I had heard Skin for years talk about turks and kkos. For a while I worked at the embassy there, so turks and kkos. How would you describe where it is. It's you know, on the far eastern edge of I don't know if it's technically the Caribbean. I think it is, but it's kind of the northeastern part of the Caribbean.
Speaker 1: Say I would describe it as. So I've never done anything like that. You know. Look, I have three kids, and it's hard to travel with all those kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. I don't think God wants you to take kids on vacation. I talked to him about this sort of thing. It's expensive too, but you know, like we'll go to We're not rich, and so we'll go to like Port Ransas. We'll drive nine hours to the Texas beach, you know, to a Texas beach, and we'll look in at brown water with all the seaweed on the shore.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you can drive your cars and trucks on the beach. Look, kids, it's the Gulf of America, the sewer of the water world. You're sitting right next to a pile of stinky seaweed and yeah, it's one hundred and seventeen degrees and someone's f one fifty is parked within three feet of you. As you look out at the beautiful brown water.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Man, I want to go there right now, beautiful brown shark infested waters. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you know, so I was like my kids though, as they got older, they don't care. They don't you know, they don't, they don't know. They're just like, this is great. We're at the beach. I can build a sandcastle or whatever, but we're my nicest place. I can look at my phone and yeah, exactly. In my mind, I was like, I wanted them to experience like that beautiful blue water that you see in movies or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And so that's what they have in Turkey. Kicko.
Speaker 3: So I was hosting a charity event and they were doing one of those auctions and one of the auctionable items was somebody's airbnb at Turks and Caicos.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 3: And so I was like, man, I've been at a million of these auctions. Sometimes I'm hosting them, and you see these incredible things go up for auxy. This was for a Cornerstone, an awesome charity in the Northern Urbs, and uh, I was like, nobody's bidding on it, right.
Speaker 1: So I kind of look out in the audience.
Speaker 3: I'm on the stage, you know, and I look at in the audience to my wife, I'm like give her the look like, hey, we should bid on this. It's like pudging that chalkdaw commercial looking at the way trishy guys are doing that.
Speaker 1: Are we doing this?
Speaker 3: And you do the fingers down And I kind of step over to the side. I maybe even text her and said let's win this, like let's go get us. And so we bid on it and we got it. Just because I'd heard Skin talk about Turks and Caicos. So the day after BFD or whatever, they're in short order thereafter, I jumped on a plane with my family and we went to Turks and Caicos. Now, when we got there, uh you know, I mean immediately. My two youngest kids are seventeen and fourteen, and I thought maybe they would start to mature, like my oldest son who's nineteen, who's just a pleasure to be around because he's like an adult. Yeah, but they're not there yet, right, and so they're sibling rivalry. They're fighting with each other. It just seems like a blood feud. Is your son did he just finish his junior year and your daughter just finished her ninth grade year?
Speaker 1: Eighth grade. Eighth grade, she's going to ninth grade.
Speaker 3: So is high school out in Solina is yet twelve, and so they'll be in high school together. They will be in high school for one year, okay, and he's already resenting that he might have to take her to school.
Speaker 1: Everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but anyways, I'm like, there were some also some interesting things about this. So my wife is super frugal. God bless her for that, because I'm the opposite of that. But you know, she grew up her family. I've mentioned this before. I have so much love and respect for her. Sweet mom, Rest in peace. She's past, she's no longer with us. But she raised three kids does a single mom in Oklahoma City. And her my wife's dad was a pos. He left their family and go started a new family on the other side of town. And so her mom just had to figure out a way to get these three kids through life by herself. And you know, she would take them to happy hour and they just go eat Nacho's at a bar. The kids would have a great time. They had no idea, they were poor. And then her mom would say, on the way out, let's see who can steal the most rolls of toilet paper with that kid caught. You know, they would do like things like that, go to eat dinner. All right, But my mom had a wonderful childhood she never realized. But because of that, she's very frugal and thank god, or we'd be completely broke because I'm the opposite. Do you guys ever go steal toilet paper from like the brass tap up there and prosper?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: I believe it much like your dad's skin. The great Jerry Wade who says, look, you can't save money on vacation. It's not a good investment. I mean, a vacation is not a good investment no matter how you slice it. Like you guys have gone in big vacations. You went to Italy, absolutely right, And it's like you go to Italy, that's incredible, but you can't figure out a way to do it on a cueony.
Speaker 1: You just got to commit to spending a bunch of money.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, yeah, because that's I mean, you don't want to have to stress about money.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to enjoy where you are, enjoy all these new experiences. Just don't think about the money. Think about that later, maybe five years later. There's no return on that other than fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so the second that you're spending money that is not well spent, then it's like, well, there's no sense in trying to like, you know, nickel and diamond, because then you're actually wasting the money more than you would if you went all in. So that's logic, that's exactly right. And so my wife and I, you know, we just look at this from different angle points. And you know, me, I get busy with stuff and I'm not focused on the details of this. She you know, she handled every aspect of it. She planned everything, okay, and so that there's a way that she tried to save money on this trip that almost broke my back.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So at one point she says, I make the bold proclamation that I'm like, uh, you know, I'm just bringing ten black T shirts in a bathing suit. Yeah, you know, that's fine. I don't need to even I just don't need to take very much at all. I don't even care. We're not they're not doing anything fancy. We're not even going to dinner in a nice place or anything. I'm just T shirts and a bathing suit. And she goes, yeah, that's the plan. Like, we're all just going to go carry on, and I go, okay, great, we're going to carry on, so we're not going to check bag. So it's going to be a cheaper way to go, right And so I'm like, okay, So she's saving money, but I'm on board of this.
Speaker 1: So she goes, I got you a backpack for the trip? Hell yeah? And I'm like okay.
Speaker 3: And I see it and it's literally a suitcase that you can wear on your back like in high school and you'd put your entire locker in a backpack and hurt by the end of the day. It looks like a slightly above average sized suitcase that has backpack straps on it. And so I'm like, all right, well, yeah, why not? Are you sure this is carry on size? I don't think the airport will let me carry this on? And she's like, yeah, yeah, you can carry this on. And so coming up next, I'm gonna tell you exactly what happened as I took the largest backpack in the history of mankind into airflight. And I'll tell you that in just about three or four minutes. Don't go anywhere. The second half of the story is next