Speaker 1: He had done a tremendous job. He will be missed.
Speaker 2: But we one of the great things that we have in the city of Barsville is just talked about them an incredible just.
Speaker 1: A team like some of these, you know.
Speaker 2: The Old Celtics or the Lakers of Old Rider or the Bulls when Jordan was winning.
Speaker 1: We've got, Yeah, we've got a great bench.
Speaker 2: You got Lauris Sanders who's assistant city manager, phenomenal, great background in HR and then now been in the last few years in that assistant assistant city manager role. You know, we've got a lot of directors that have been there for you know, Terry Lortzon, you got Mike Seimers, you got Jason Moneger, you got Keith.
Speaker 3: Over in public Works.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, I know I'm late naming some often if I have, I apologize.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not personally trying to do that, But I mean, you look across the board, a lot of these people have been there twenty twenty five plus years and so they've had a dedication to the city.
Speaker 1: All each and every one of them, and that that's what.
Speaker 2: Has made our city the great city that it is. You know, we're certainly there to support them, make sure they have the tools and resources and and all those things, and so but did have to have normally, you know, when you get the middle of the month like this, SOCT there's not really anything talked about. Unfortunately, I wish there wasn't anything to talk about that would mean that we did we didn't have to have this special meeting. And a point Laura is what we do. Thank Laura for for taking on this role and uh in short notice, and and for the council being able to gather in such short notice. There was nothing uh nefarious going on, you know, with in this situation or with this meeting. I think, you know, some people in mine thought there was something crazy going on, but there really wasn't. So it's it's it was a hard I think week or two for for everybody at at City Hall. A lot of uh, you know, great relationships forged over that time. And so it's just it's always different when when there's change, right everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, white people resisted so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there's there's going to be a little bit of an adjustment period.
Speaker 4: And yeah there's process too, because you know, the first opportunity we had to have the city on was just right after the Monday after Micro's on, and no one was sure really on how to progress on this because there were processes that had to go through, and you know, once it was explained, I'm like, okay, I got it. Yeah, yeah, It's not like a private company. This is government. It's a little bit different.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know, I think if you you read through either the charge, her job descriptions a lot of that, you know, Laura in the interim, you know, see manager goes on vacation, just a city manager covered, you know what I mean? And uh, but we know this is not just a week or two. We're gonna probably be a little while before we can get this job filled.
Speaker 4: And uh, I know, I know that you're going to vote on the job description and process here in a couple of weeks I think September, yeah, yes, yeah, yeah, eighth. And then by the time everything gets up and going, you know, we we might have a look see at, uh what maybe a whole new city council would look like too, and it could take a different turn as.
Speaker 1: Well, you bet well.
Speaker 2: And in this one, I I and filling this role. I believe we're gonna have internal interest and again when you talk about the bent.
Speaker 3: Plush years on the bench.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've got just a phenomenal group of people, and I think we're we've got several that are very capable of leading in this type of role.
Speaker 1: But I don't know, you know, I mean.
Speaker 2: It really depends on somebody may not want to take that take on that all that responsibility.
Speaker 3: Some people kind of like where they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're doing a phenomenal job in those roles. So it's kind of like the old double ed short if you move somebody from here and they can do a good job over here, but then who do you replace them with here? So you got again, you got We've got a great bench, and we're blessed that we have all of these directors and people that are leading these leadership roles.
Speaker 1: I do think.
Speaker 2: If we have to open it up to outside candidates that I think there'll.
Speaker 3: Be a lot of interest.
Speaker 2: And I don't think we would we would need at tire and consulting firm to do that. I think I think there'll be plenty of outside interests just you know, wherever wherever you normally advertise these type of opportunities, I think there'll be a there'll be a lot of opportunities. And again can't say enough good things about the team that is in place. And and we did also talk about one other thing, the branding UH for the supply support retail contract with fuel with P sixty six.
Speaker 1: I think there's some things.
Speaker 2: That they needed to gather hadn't quite got all pulled together, so that should be at the next meeting. But as far as I know that that has been a really good thing for us out at the airport and has done really well.
Speaker 4: That's been the pretty good little engine out there at the airport that's been taking care of a lot of business. Will quietly just kind of doing its thing, doing it well.
Speaker 2: Say if you hadn't been out by the airport, you should you drive out by there. There's it's starting to it's it looks.
Speaker 1: Quite different from three years ago.
Speaker 3: Indeed, it does even farther.
Speaker 1: Back than that.
Speaker 2: And I do believe as time progress as we are going to have a lot more opportunity. You know, once that hangar formalizes out there and we get that going, I think you'll see more people want to I want to be out there, and we've got a lot of land, we got the old what was the golf course I'm going to but Sunset Sunset golf course. And so that's kind of the industrial park west if you will, on that side of town. And there's still a lot of room you know there on the infield for some maybe different hangars in our I mean, you got a beautiful airport.
Speaker 1: And it's big.
Speaker 3: It's very functional too.
Speaker 1: It could be a regional airport.
Speaker 2: It's kind of tough though, to be have any kind of flights because you're so close to Tulsa. I mean you get right there depending on me and you drive, and we could probably be down there in thirty minutes to get on a plane, but maybe not the normal person. But so it would be tough for this to be, you know, a regional airfield.
Speaker 1: But we we got a phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Airport spaceboard there you go. I like that spaceport.
Speaker 1: We can do that.
Speaker 2: But I do think that a lot of job gration is going to take place out there. It's going to be very exciting.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you know there there are a whole different types of different businesses that can fit out there, probably that are outside of our box that we would normally think because already that has taken place. You know what we have already out there, and more similar businesses or businesses that work around or with each other, you know, kind of like spin off things that could really just blow up.
Speaker 2: Aviation has a lot of tentacles. It's sure, in my opinions, we got all of this space. Let's go provide all the tentacles so we can get all those get a lot more traffic coming in out here from the planes, and then we have this contract. That'll be excited that we said a lot more fuel.
Speaker 4: Right there, you go, we got a space for you. Folks, come to our airport. We got a space for you again.
Speaker 2: And then you know, I've been talking to a couple of community members that are really interested in about some flying stuff. And so as a matter of fact, I finally tracked down the email I had.
Speaker 1: Misplaced.
Speaker 2: Michael from the airport had sent me like a history of like the past however many years so I can't afford this out to these individuals today, and they're trying to get together maybe a little group committee formed something to where they can get some fly ins going out there, which would be really cool. I think one of the first times I think I ever came to Bartlesville was.
Speaker 1: Mid nineties, and it was for.
Speaker 4: A fly really, yeah, because like Maria says, that all it takes is a visit.
Speaker 3: Now you've been here for years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well I didn't get here until two thousand. Yeah, but you know I had, you know, I had been here and I thought, man, this this is a really cool city. And then I was here a few times after that. But it is amazing city. And I think it doesn't take but once from or you know whatever, to to really get the hooks and somebody like, man, this is kind of a special place.
Speaker 4: You know, I can see where those flyings really would be well, perfect well suited for us, because we've got the hospitality, we've got the restaurants, we've got a big city field but a small town air about us. And it's a perfect invitation.
Speaker 2: For something like that, and a fly in you get to see it a little better, right you do around here, you will you won't get lost in anything.
Speaker 3: Man. You see a lot of beauty.
Speaker 2: You know, all the full view of town. It's kind of like coming in on one twenty three. When you're coming in, I guess west to east, you know, you kind of top the hill or even coming from wool Rock on one twenty three, you're looking down and you see all of the buildings downtown beautiful. I know, we brought the family here for the first time. What's the big buildings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the biggest, small the biggest little.
Speaker 3: City, right, you got it. And we even have the skyscraper that escaped the forest. So there you go. We got a lot of history here, a lot of good things.
Speaker 1: A lot of good things going on.
Speaker 2: We even got a little uh uh drool yesterday. Uh you know, rain in the form of rain, but it was more like drool. I think here, now you got we got a lot going I was driving in Tulsa in the morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got more.
Speaker 1: I was like a man, I hope somehow this this all goes north, but I don't. I don't think it did.
Speaker 2: Everybody said, it's kind of like we got drooled on. So but maybe we'll get a little bit more. I know, we have been blessed this year up to now, you know, August get a little dry right now, but maybe we'll pick up some some steam here and get some rain. But we're we're not struggling in the way of water like like we have maybe a couple of other summers.
Speaker 4: So a couple of summers ago. I think we're talking to Terry about every other day.
Speaker 3: How's the lake looking to bring.
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 3: Nothing you could do?
Speaker 4: You're in a hopeless, helpless situation that way, And now look at it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty hot. But we had a good spring, man.
Speaker 2: We did got a lot of a lot more rain than than was anticipated. And so uh and I think there's some more rain coming in the fall. But it's like right now we're getting you know a little we're in the air fryer.
Speaker 4: Well, you played the football in this kind of weather when you were a little bit younger, Yeah, just a couple of years ago. Yeah, you kind of know what that's like.
Speaker 1: Helmets. I got a twelve year old it says that that right, we played for that last second. I didn't play that long ago.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, and you know, this time of year is fun. You get you can start. I love driving around with the winds down. You can smell the hay being bailed. It's not being hauled and with guys and trailers though around round kN now and uh, and it's you know today fall practices, there's practices going on pads are popping.
Speaker 1: It's just a fun time of year.
Speaker 3: Good things are bound to happen.
Speaker 1: Brings back good memories, it does.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you very much for being with us here today and thanks for sharing. And you know that the little jump at the airport, I'll be looking for those flyings to come in.
Speaker 3: Those are gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, keep your eye on it.
Speaker 2: I think I think this group will pick up some traction and get a get a flying. I know we used to have one and uh and God bless Billy Rohan. She was very active in that, and so I told him I would jump in and help however I can.
Speaker 4: So all right, you got it, folks. You've been watching and listening to our community connection.