Speaker 1: This is Dan Caples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Fight four, Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Glad you're a part of that, and very happy you're here at three oh three someone three eight two five five, then number or in English three oh three seven to one three eight two five five or text d an five seven seven three nine. Love our texters, love our callers more. But hey, I get it. I get it that texting is becoming a kind of the method of communication, which is really weird because when I first started doing this show, I don't think we even add texting.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's.
Speaker 1: Kind of taking that over, which is fine. And as long as people keep them short, you know, we can whip through them. We can get ten twenty thirty men. And I do love the variety of text two, especially when people can keep it short. And I'm I think I'm a really good multitasker. But once you get into like two sentences or something, no way, no way, So two or three someone three eight two five five the number Ryan. For some reason, there's a text to you up here, A great way to start the show. If people are gonna rip on me, why don't they call my show? I like Prime says, I ain't hard to find.
Speaker 3: That's on the button bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would suggest to me a lack of courage on the part of this Texter Dan Ryan, Dan and Scott could be best of friends. Their personalities so smug are similar, and they both worship Trump.
Speaker 2: What Scott are there? Scott Hastings? Who are they talking about?
Speaker 1: Scott Jennings? Oh what a compliment? Yeah, A fan of his. Thank you for that. Yeah, yeah, I am a big fan of his. And he's going to be the next senator from Kentucky. Right, Well, we shall see.
Speaker 4: I don't want to tell you he didn't rule it out, but I tell you he had very exclusive access. It's Donald Trump behind the scenes after the inauguration to write this book of his that's coming out in December. And what I'm going to try to do is have him kind of touch base from time to time with you here on this program and with me as well. And that's a question that I think you could ask him and I hope he would answer it.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean I assume he's going to be the next senator from Kentucky, right, I mean, it's whoever Trump decides.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not gonna be Thomas Massey then, because I don't think Donald Trump's too fond.
Speaker 3: Of him right now.
Speaker 1: No, No, but Jennings. I see Jennings's future presidential material.
Speaker 4: Wow, So, oh don't you. That's how I praise it. I'm not saying no, I just hadn't really thought about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, I think he really is. And man, it's so exciting to just think about how stacked the GOP is with young talent. Oh yeah, I mean, can you imagine that primary in twenty eight? And listen, I don't want to scare everybody way, nobody wants to start talking about twenty twenty eight presidential cycle.
Speaker 2: But you can do it now, you know, with real smile on your.
Speaker 1: Face when you think about you got jd Vance, obviously, you got Rubio and there is a whole bunch of other talent there and what do they have on the other side this guy?
Speaker 2: But hey, finally they've hit on a winning strategy.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So, as the Bee said, that the.
Speaker 1: Democrats strategy now to reach men is Pete buddhaj Edge growing a beard. Have you seen his beard? Yeah, yeah, no, it looks he's.
Speaker 4: Also a carpetbagger who left Indiana because he'd never win there a red state, and there are rumors that he's going to run for the Senate in Michigan. I wanted to get out of my state.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure he will.
Speaker 5: Of course, we should be talking about how, Yeah, if you know, Speaker Johnson got his way, it wouldn't be possible, not just for gay people to get married, but for straight people to get divorced, let alone life birth control or how he would want to regulate porn or whatever people most people would have a problem with.
Speaker 1: Well, that is a great platform for the Dems now, right, gay marriage and porn. I mean, but the point there being and what's so intriguing, And I sure hope they keep doing this because they really think it works, right, But these blatant, gross obvious lies And I understand, you know, for a lot of people in it, politics is a dirty game, and they do lie about their opponents, and they do spin things to the point where it really crosses.
Speaker 2: The line into blatant deception.
Speaker 1: But I'm a firm believer, and part of this comes from being a Democrat for a lot of years, and my extended family outside of Colorado all Democrats that I know of, and if somebody wasn't, they wouldn't admit it. But the point being that you've got a lot of Democrats out there who are good, decent people, and they have good, solid morals in a sense of right and wrong. And anybody with any kind of morality, anybody who and I can only speak to being Christian because that's what I am.
Speaker 2: But I'm sure there are other faiths.
Speaker 1: Obviously are Jewish brothers and sisters, but plenty of other faiths that are rooted in truth. And anybody who is a person of faith, they have to have respect for truth. So when you get the Democrats just repeatedly now they pride themselves. It's like they're trying to outdo each other on how big and blatant to lie they can tell. So when you got a guy like Buddha Jedge saying that you know that no speaker Johnston, what did he say? He said, he doesn't want you to be able to get divorced, right, things like that you can't take a look at Playboy or whatever. Oh yeah, that is just so obviously untrue that Democrats are just hurting themselves with that stuff.
Speaker 2: So I hope they keep doing it.
Speaker 4: Well and go beneath the surface just a little bit. With those comments from Buddhajede, what is that that's obviously anti Christian rhetoric because Mike Johnson, Speaker of the House, is known to be a man of faith, and he's trying to caricature what Speaker Johnson's positions are on various issues, and those being a couple. But this is my point, Dan, you talk about twenty twenty eight, I'm willing to have that conversation and think about it right now. Do that as a thought exercise, because if buddhaj Edge or let's say, even Josh Shapiro is the best that they've gotten, they're not able to articulate a positive message for the country, a vision and a plan that isn't hate the Orange Man, you know, Maggie. Republicans blah blah blah. They don't have that kind of soaring rhetoric.
Speaker 3: Dan.
Speaker 4: That won for Bill Clinton twice, that won for Barack Obama, twice. They don't have it, and they don't have the messenger either.
Speaker 1: I think Shapiro does. But here's Shapiro's problem that the big money in the modern Democratic Party, most of it is anti Semitic, and so you've got a big power block in the Democratic Party right now, which is anti Israel, anti Jewish. So that's a big problem for Shapiro. But Ryan, I think Shapiro's wrong on all the big issues. But I think that Shapiro is the kind of guy who can go out there and try to pull the con, you know, like the Hick and Looper Khan, the Bennett Khan that worked for a while about there's some kind of moderate and he's a talented guy, and he's a smart guy, so he can work the con.
Speaker 2: And if the GOP screws up and the GOP.
Speaker 1: As it's you know, BS or C game, a guy like Shapiro might win.
Speaker 4: Ask you this, then let's say George Clooney throws another one of his big fundraisers, who was he more likely to throw it for Josh Shapiro or AOC And why, oh.
Speaker 2: Shapiro thousand times?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Because all these guys they're just looking for whoever's going to win, right that they just want to be they want to have access to the winner.
Speaker 4: And why did they back Biden for so long? They I mean the second time around, right, right, Hey.
Speaker 1: You're preaching the choir right, right, But the point being, I mean, the point being, how were they going to get rid of Biden? They were willing to lie to the country, They were willing to hurt the country and danger the country in order.
Speaker 2: To have their guy win. So they had access and control.
Speaker 1: And first of all, a guy like Biden, they're going to have more control, right because the guy isn't competent. But what was their alternative if he wasn't willing to move aside?
Speaker 2: How do they pull a coup?
Speaker 1: And that's where a guy like Polis right, and he was never going anywhere nationally, But that's where he really missed his opening, because if somebody had shown courage there and just stepped in and said, you know, listen, love Joe Biden. He's been a great servant all those other lies, but you know what, it's time to pass the torch. He's not able to do it anymore. All of a sudden, you get this instant national attention and credibility, because everybody knows the emperor has no clothes, and a guy like Polis or somebody else like that, their stature would have risen a lot, but they didn't have the courage to do it. They didn't have the courage to speak the truth, which goes back to the fact that their real commitment is not to the good of the country or to the truth. It's just their own particular scheming and calculating. And the beauty is that they just undid themselves and the party at the same time. It's kind of poetic. Don't you think we need to have more poetry on this show?
Speaker 3: We do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope somebody texts us some.
Speaker 3: Either that or I can invite a poet on as a guest if you would like.
Speaker 1: It depends on the poet, because really good poetry like stuff that rhymes right, that's awesome, but not like beat poetry. I'm open to anything, Okay, I'm an appreciator of the arts. Three oh three seven, one, three, eight, two five five numbers.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 1: The reason I couldn't read the number is I just had an image pop into my head and I started laughing at myself for saying that d An five, seven, seventh through nine, so much more to get through on the show today. We are going to have an attorney at four thirty six from Alliance Defending Freedom. I talked at length about the big lawsuit they filed yesterday against Colorado over thirteen twelve. This is great stuff, really important, and I think a lot of folks, even a lot of really informed folks, don't completely understand yet just how awful thirteen twelve is. So that'll be important at four thirty six and much more ahead on the Dan Kaplish.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Dan Kaplish Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Let's not come Back from Breaks at four twenty Okay, I mean because I a man, Yeah, and yeah, we're going to talk about it in a lot of different ways, right, and the good thing is America is getting.
Speaker 3: Hip to it.
Speaker 1: But but boy, this stuff, it isn't funny anymore. It never was, right, but just that devastation being done, particularly to kids by marijuana legalization. But three all three someone three eight two five five texts d An five seven, seven, three nine. The other part of it is, you know, part of my job, and I'm grateful and privileged to have my job, but part of my job is looking at autopsy photos. In fact, I was just during the break working on an autopsy photo issue. And you can't get some of this stuff out of your minds, right, and you just look at the devastation that that you know, driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol, et cetera does. And yeah, the idea that this state ever made that big mistake is extremely frustrating.
Speaker 2: Got to find a way back.
Speaker 1: Three or three someone three eight two five five texts d An five seven seven, three nine. We're getting some poetry, which I really like. We're looking for some We're looking for some poetry. I can't read this one. Sorry, we don't censor here, but but you are now, No, we don't censor, but I'm not going to read racist stuff on air.
Speaker 4: Well, I you know what you're saying, but it's it's factual, though, and I'll say it this way. So if she was not to read the whole thing, that's fine. But in the Muslim faith and in the Jewish faith, they don't eat pork of any kind and jeweles in pulp fiction was famous for saying in that movie, I don't dig swine man.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead, and read it.
Speaker 1: Oh you want me to No, I just and listen. This is worth five seconds decades on air, prided myself, I'm not censoring, but if I knew somebody who was going to come out and say the N word, I'd censor them. I'm not going to give a platform to somebody who's going to engage in But that's.
Speaker 3: Not even a trupe. That's actual.
Speaker 4: It's like saying Mormons don't drink alcohol. Right, If you want to read it, I mean, yeah, you can let the listeners decide and I'll I'll wear.
Speaker 2: It, okay if it's yeah, no, I just I just sell the line. I don't endorse it.
Speaker 4: All right, said this is from Ralph, so you can blame Itt Ralph too. Wreck Itt Ralph's that's the guy who wrote it. It's right at the end of the text, he says he's Ralph.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what he's saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he says his poetry submission is roses are read Muslims hate pork, defund the polis, I think is what he means.
Speaker 3: And Bennett's a dork. Michael Bennett. I mean that was kind of accurate if you think about it.
Speaker 2: Hmmm. No, oh, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: You have such great impersonation, which is can you do me?
Speaker 6: Ah?
Speaker 4: Usually when you're gone, I do it just so people know you're not here, but they still get a feeling and a flavor he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's okay, I can take it.
Speaker 4: The best one of your go to lines that I love is when you get caught off. Garbery said, Oh wow, Kelly, it's kind of like that.
Speaker 2: What are you talking?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 2: I never get caught off guy, You know what are you referring to?
Speaker 3: Like if she says something that were to.
Speaker 1: Surprise you by Kelly, I get caught off by Kelly all the t.
Speaker 3: Every time.
Speaker 4: Right, okay, and your your kind of exclamation, Oh wow, Kelly.
Speaker 2: That is that's a good one. Where'd you learn to do that? What advice would you give to those of us out here who want to learn how to do good impressions?
Speaker 4: Lose yourself. You got to lose yourself in the impression. You got to commit to the bit, you got to become the person. And like when I'm in.
Speaker 2: Personally, that's why I can't dance either.
Speaker 4: There's a little bit of that, but like with Michael Bennett, I'm trying to actually sound like how Michael Bennett.
Speaker 3: Would be and when you remember he got really angry.
Speaker 4: At Ted Cruise, the whole classic right, bellowing elk with floods, people lost their jobs, Ted Cruise is terrible.
Speaker 3: You know that. It was quite a scene.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was interviewed Ted Cruz about that meltdown by Bennett on the side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get him out, let's talk about that. You know, boy, Joe Scarborough must listen to the show, right, because he's pulled a one to eighty in twenty four hours, because yesterday I was mocking him on this show and he deserved that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: They're talking about you know, Putin pushing Trump around and all this and that, and was saying, wait a second, you have to have hate interfering with brain function to think this is going to end well for Putin right, that that Trump is somehow going to let him win, not one.
Speaker 2: Chance in a billion. So here's Scarborough today.
Speaker 7: The mocking of Donald Trump repeatedly by the Kremlin that I don't know exactly how that helps some of the negotiations, but we will see. The President has talked about two weeks before he makes any decisions on sanctions. Obviously in your fusion in the middle of negotiations, good faith negotiations which needs do not appear to be.
Speaker 8: You don't slap sanctions on anybody. Don't use the S word. Okay, sanctions are meaningless. I'm not saying they shouldn't happen, but they're meaningless. They're never going to change Putin's behavior. Trump is going to change Putin's behavior, but it's not going to.
Speaker 2: Be through sanctions.
Speaker 1: It might be sanctions on the surface, but it's not going to be through sanctions that he changes his behavior. And we may never it may never be traceable to him, we may never know exactly how he did it. But if Latimer Putin is sitting there thinking he's untouchable personally, not if the President of the United States once you touched so yeah, yeah, now it it is not going to end well for Putin, this mocking of Trump. Now, we should never have a single American boot on the ground there, and it should not be an open ended, endless commitment of unlimited money, nothing like that. But Putin is satan, as I've been saying for many years on this show, and the fact that he has pushed it too far with Trump, Putin wouldn't take yes for an answer in terms of a good deal, which Putin never deserved. But don't blame Trump for that, Blame Biden. Blame Europe for not going in and truly backing up Ukraine.
Speaker 4: What do you make of Trump over the last week? Couple things. One, he's finally come right out and criticized Putin and says he's not happy about what's going on on that side of the negotiations with Russia.
Speaker 3: He's been very careful kind of minding his p's and q's and now not.
Speaker 4: And then he was asked in the Oval office about did he give Israel kind of a what for warning, like, hey, don't get involved in any kind of agitation of Iran while we're trying to work out this deal, and he disclosed that he's been very kind of upfront about those two things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two things there. One is with regard to Putin, why would anybody ever think that you could humiliate Donald Trump publicly and get away with it?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: So what does that tell you about Putin? I'm very confident he's not going to get away with this. And number two, with regard to Israel, you know, Trump's been one of the best friends Israel has ever had. I do have a concern right now about whether Trump is going to do a deal that should not be done with Iran. It sure looks like a deal shaping up right, and I'm anxious to see the terms, and blessed are the peacemakers. I am all for that instead of war, but it has to be a real piece, has to be a true piece, has to be a genuine piece, not just an absence of war, not with that evil regime they think about it. I mean, it just came out last week and said they want to wipe Israel off the face of the earth, which they say all the time and they mean, but they also are holding their own citizens hostage. Almost all of the people in around not all, but almost all the people in Iran are innocent victims of this evil roos. And so I just hope I trust Trump. We're all human, we all make mistakes. I really hope he doesn't make a mistake with an Iran deal. If it's a true, verifiable deal with teeth, and we have legitimate reason to believe it's going to end this peacefully without around getting a nuke. Fine, but I'm concerned three or three, someone, three eight, two, five five The number takes d an five seven, seventh thry nine. Quick look ahead, because this is really important on a lot of levels. On the other side, we're going to have the attorney who filed this tremendous lawsuit yesterday against the State of Colorado, and it's over this obviously unconstitutional House Bill thirteen twelve, which seeks to punish free speech, but very specifically punish people speaking the truth.
Speaker 2: That's the whole point of the bill.
Speaker 1: And so I have the attorney from Alliance Defending Freedom talk about where they're going to win this thing.
Speaker 2: And how quick you're in the Dankapla Show.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast at pey.
Speaker 1: Line and welcome Attorney Hal Frampton to the show from Alliance Defending Freedom. Another great and very important to your life lawsuit filed by Alliance Defending Freedom yesterday on behalf of xx x Y Athletics Company. We've had their CEO on before out there doing great work. They have an apparel line, but they also stand up for women and against men in women's sports.
Speaker 2: So hell, welcome to the Dankpla Show.
Speaker 6: Thanks Dan, great to be here, well.
Speaker 1: Thank you and thank you for filing this lawsuit. I quoted from it yesterday a bit, but great to get it from the horse's mouth here. Can you just tell people why thirteen twelve is unconstitutional?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 6: Thirteen twelve essentially prohibits businesses like XXXY Athletics from speaking the truth about biological reality. If they say that men are men and women are women. If they use a male athlete's given name, or call that person a man, or refer to him with masculine pronouns as they do in their social media presence and advertising all the time, their subject to enforcement action under the law. And that's totally unconstitutional. That's Colorado trying to tell people what to think and what they can and can't say, and free speeches for everyone. So we are filing this lawsuit to try to vindicate that right, right.
Speaker 1: And they go to this to me bizarre ultimate extreme of specifically punishing people for speaking the truth. I mean, it's mind blowing. So I said here thinking that this may be one of the clearest easiest cases Alliance Defending Freedom has ever done. But we all know there are no sure things in the legal system. Where do you think this gets resolved? And how long is it likely to take.
Speaker 6: Well, we're going to file emotion for a preliminary injunction, essentially asking the court to step in and go ahead and block the state from enforcing the law against XXX.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 6: We're hopeful that that will be granted. I mean it should be, but hopefully we can get a good, clear ruling as quickly as possible and protect not only XXX why, but every other small business or business out there that just wants to speak the truth about biological reality.
Speaker 1: Right, and to stand up now to this strategy, this practice by the left of punishing free speech. I mean, they know they can't win on the science, they can't win on the logic, they can't win on the facts, they can't win on just a basic morality. So now what they have to do is punish people under the law for speaking the truth. So I love the fact that you and Alliance Defending Freedom are standing up to that as well more globally. But hell, can you take us inside a little bit some of the details of the bill that lead to this unconstitutional outcome. Where an employer liked your client, or I should say, a public accommodation of business like your client cannot speak the truth. How does thirteen twelve mechanically accomplish that terrible purpose?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 6: Well, essentially what it does is they've added to the definition of gender expression, which is one of the protected categories under the law. They added this notion of having to use a person's chosen name, whatever name they say they want to be known by. If John wants to be called Jane, that's what you have to say. And also how the individual chooses to be addressed. So if if John says call me he or call me she, you have to do it. And if you don't, then that is considered discriminating on the basis of gender expression, and it subjects the company to enforcement action.
Speaker 2: Insane.
Speaker 1: And then when it comes to enforcement action, why are companies concerned about that as they should be.
Speaker 2: What kind of form can that take?
Speaker 6: Sure that can be fined up to thirty five hundred dollars for each violation that can be it even can mean prosecution as a misdemeanor, a criminal offense. And again each violation, every time you publish something that uses biologically accurate language, that is in itself a violation. Just the publication is a violation. And so when you've got a business like xxxy that is standing up every day through their social media channels, through their advertising. Every single time they do that, it's a potential violation.
Speaker 1: Right right, Help frempt and our guest is the attorney in this very important lawsuit against the State of Colorado.
Speaker 2: Hail. We look at this case right now.
Speaker 1: I'm really glad you guys are seeking this preliminary injunction. But if it does end up going all the way to the US Supreme Court, how long is that likely to take? And the reason I asked the question is it seems to me the left in Colorado is into the process as punishment they've had.
Speaker 2: They pass these bills, they sign them.
Speaker 1: They know they're unconstitutional, but they know they'll intimidate a lot of people and they'll punish others along the way by putting them through this long, expensive legal process. So if it goes all the way to SCOTUS, when does.
Speaker 2: It get there?
Speaker 6: Well, all getting all the way Scotus generally takes a couple of years. But the really good news on that front is that the Supreme Court has taken a number of cases from Colorado. We've got one pending right now on behalf of councilor Kaylee Chiles, who wants to be able to council children in accordance with biological reality, and of course Colorado doesn't allow that either. But the Supreme Court is going to hear her case in the fall, and so hopefully at some point the uh the message gets through that that we're we're going to uh protect Colorado's free speech rights. If it takes us years and all the all the all the time to do it.
Speaker 2: Well, thank god for you guys.
Speaker 1: Literally, but but it seems like Scotus is on to Colorado at this point, right, I mean going back to Justice Kennedy, the Jack Phillips case that they talk about animosity from the commission.
Speaker 2: Hopefully the Supreme Court sees what's happening here.
Speaker 6: Well, certainly we hope they they they see that these impingements on free speech cannot stand and continue to take important cases like the child's case and.
Speaker 3: And this one.
Speaker 6: If it gets that far to protect Americans.
Speaker 1: From speech rights, Well, thanks for what you're doing. How can people support Alliance Defending Freedom?
Speaker 6: They are welcome to go to our website ADS legal dot org. You can read about all of our cases. You can donate to the ministry. You can find ways to get involved. All of the information is there, so I would encourage people to use that resource and see where they can plug in.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you man, you're appreciated and doing the work of angels.
Speaker 6: Go get them all right, Thank you, Dan, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Hell take care of that is I'm telling you right now. They are national treasure. Alliance Defending Freedom is a national treasure.
Speaker 4: And I spoke with Jennifer Say, the founder and CEO of Xxxy Athletics, earlier this week Dan, and she point blank set even though she got a startup, she got a good company. She was a former executive at Levi's and San Francisco, so she's very accomplished. No way she could embark upon this legal journey without the know of Alliance Defending Freedom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then you think of all the heroes out there, right, and you think of her. Now you think of Glory and three or three Creative and Jack Phillips, right, who led the pack. I mean, these are true American heroes because yeah, okay, so you've got a lion's defending freedom, fighting the case, but you are still the individual going through this really intense litigation and exposing yourself to all the slings and arrows from all the haters out there, and you put yourself out there, Yeah, in part for your own good and the good of your company, but also for the greater good. And so I just admire the heck out of those people. I truly think. You know, Jack Phillips is one of the top ten heroes in Colorado history. I mean, you have you We should have that talk. Who are the top ten heroes in Colorado history? I mean, you've got Kender Castillo right up there, right near the top, Dave and Anders.
Speaker 2: Jack Phillips has got to be up there, got to be up there. So I'd love to get people's take on that. Who are the top ten heroes in Colorado history? Three or three?
Speaker 1: Someone three eight, two five five. You could text d a n five seven seven three nine. Someone who took us up on that. Texted Dan if Donald Trump comes out on Monday and says, Vladimir Putin is a real bad man. We tried to negotiate, but he's doing bad. So as of today, Ukraine will now become a member of NATO. I love people thinking outside the box, respectfully. There's zero chance that's going to happen. The US cannot be in a ground war in Ukraine. There is no reason for that. There should not be a single American boot on the ground. The reason that the devil Putin has been rewarded in Ukraine is the weakness of Biden number one, that he saw his opening right, but also the weakness of Europe, because if Europe had made it clear from day one they were willing to put boots on the ground in Ukraine to stop Russia, this thing ends a long time ago, but Europe was never willing to go there, never willing to stand up to protect the continent, to protect a free Europe. And the evil of Putin is the main cause. But the reason that we're in this gym right now is Europe would not step up. So I'm not sitting here saying that Trump should do what the Texter recommends. I think there are other ways to make Putent pay. Here on the Dan Capla.
Speaker 3: Show, you're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely, but yes, I flashed back to there used to be these commercials, radio commercials all the time in Colorado for Sunday number one one one one, one of these big rock shows they used to do down the old Mile High and some up at folsom that I was a part of. But quick question, I think Frampton was part of the important.
Speaker 4: Because of where you were, what your coming of age was, what your collegers were.
Speaker 3: You lived the seventies, and I got to ask you this.
Speaker 4: Did you own a copy of the album Frampton Comes Alive?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: I hated that stuff.
Speaker 1: No, I shouldn't say that. I never had any Peter Frampton wasn't into that stuff.
Speaker 4: But the joke is, everybody who like lived through the seventies, Yeah, had a copy of Frampton Comes Alive.
Speaker 3: My mom did.
Speaker 1: Let me start this way, I was the most boring person ever lived through the seventies. That's the starting point because think about what the seventies were for me. The seventies were for me. The first half I was in a seminary. Ye okay, okay, So my exposure to the seventies tended to be, Oh, you know, there were these girls from the local high schools who loved to streak the seminary. So you'd get these naked girls running through the oh you know, the fields.
Speaker 4: Dad, You have had more than your fair share of encounters with random naked women in public.
Speaker 2: Part of that is.
Speaker 1: Part of that is like going to school in the seventies. So the first half Seminary until seventy five, and the second half is CU.
Speaker 2: Boulder, right yep, okay, so that was my exposure.
Speaker 1: But the time I was at See You Bolder, almost all of it, I intended to go back to the seminary.
Speaker 2: So I was keeping my vows.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yes, so totally different mentality miam.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they weren't formal vows at that point, but I was intending to go back.
Speaker 3: So no Studio fifty four for dan Kaplis.
Speaker 2: Oh No. I had fun. I was student body president. I mean I had fun.
Speaker 1: I met girls, I dated, we'd go to formals, we do all this and that. But I intended to go back to the seminary.
Speaker 3: Real straight laced.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so anyway, Yeah, different, different way to experience the seventies is ill saying, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Very different. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But you know one thing that's interesting they don't get back to all this life and desk stuff is because I I second I got there, I started running for office. So I ran for the student Senate, knocked on every dorm room door, and literally every dorm room door.
Speaker 2: They didn't all open, but almost all did. Then ran for student.
Speaker 1: Body try executive because you know they're kind of split up the presidency. And then the third time I ran for student body president sole president, and I knocked on every dorm room door every time, and Ryan bringing a stack of bibles. All right, how many times knocking on every dorm room door? And see you between nineteen seventy five and nineteen eighty, how many times do you think guys saw cocaine?
Speaker 2: Seven? None, none, none, not once? Wow, not once.
Speaker 1: You'd run into all sorts of weed and stuff like that, but never saw a hard drug. Knocking on every dorm room door. You'd see all sorts of other activity, but you would never never ran into cocaine.
Speaker 3: Were you greeted by a naked female at the door any of those times.
Speaker 2: That happened off?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean, yeah, wow, No, it was a different time. But I was going back to the seminary. I wasn't.
Speaker 2: Oh, I wasn't taking advantage.
Speaker 3: Of the last temptation of Dan at that time.
Speaker 1: No, I gotta tell you, I was at that point, I was like so on fire to go back it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, podcast, No, it's it didn't stop.
Speaker 2: Me from knocking on every door, I.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, Yeah, knocking on Heaven's door. Yeah, it did cause some perplection.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I thought the nineties were different, and they were, oh man, I mean very.
Speaker 3: Buttoned down compared to the seventies.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the seventies in Bolder. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, So that's I would strongly recommend that if everybody has the option. They lived the first half of the seventies being in a Catholic seminary high school years you'd go home at nights, and then the second half at CU Boulder.
Speaker 3: You know, you just described that could be a movie. Just start to finish.
Speaker 2: You know, there might be a movie in there.
Speaker 3: Ninety minutes running time.
Speaker 1: Because I told you, I told you about the first female I met on the ceau camp.
Speaker 3: Oh I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's when you go from the seminary, the first female you meet, very nice, attractive young lady, not a stitch of clothing, you know, I mean, but you're lucky, Doc, go about your no oh yeah, oh yeah, I was going back good times.
Speaker 2: I was going back.
Speaker 1: So Texters, Dan, does this all mean that if I'm lying in a hospital vulnerable and don't refer to the trans health worker as they demand.
Speaker 2: I will be prosecuted, No, because.
Speaker 1: The prosecution is going to be against businesses public accommodations, which is most businesses out there, if they if they don't lie and say that a man is a man.
Speaker 4: I'd be careful with that one though, because I've seen a host of TikTok videos of healthcare workers that are bragging about providing either the wrong medical care or no medical care to Trump supporters, people they think are maga.
Speaker 1: It's out there, yeah, and obviously a real good chance all that's fake, right because somebody be confessing to a felony.
Speaker 3: Well, I think some people have gotten fired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh for doing the video, right Yeah, yeah, but it would obviously be a felony, and if somebody passed away to be murder and all that stuff. So yeah, I think you got a lot of people just saying things that aren't true there obviously, just to try to scare, intimidate, harass Dan.
Speaker 2: Thanks for owning it, Ryan the real Ralph.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, Ralph's poem.
Speaker 2: We were doing some poetry today, Dan, roses.
Speaker 1: Or red violets or blue the color our GOP is pathetically inept, and I can't wait to escape this state. You know, first, I don't think the Colorado GOP is pathetically inept.
Speaker 2: I think it's turned a corner. I think it's headed a good direction.
Speaker 1: Pretty good timing, right, because there's at least one office that you got a real shot to win, maybe two.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kapla Show.