Speaker 1: The Mandy Connall Show is sponsored by Bill and Pollock Accident and Injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell, Andy Connall.
Speaker 3: Ninety one FM, GODAIC the Nty's through three, Andy Connall, Keith sad Thing, Welcome.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the final day of twenty one day Fool. I am your host for the next three hours, Mandy Connall, dragging myself back in from an extended holiday period, joined today by the one, the Only, the man whose segment in the Rockies pregame show is my absolute favorite, Jesse Thomas. Everybody you know I love that segment.
Speaker 5: Thank you. You were talking me up the whole time.
Speaker 6: I was talking about you too.
Speaker 5: If anyone's going to take my thunder, I want it to be YouTube.
Speaker 4: And this is exactly why I didn't even introduce you, and you're already talking. This is why it'll let Chuck come on the show, Chuck. My husband is here as well. My daughter, the que is also in the studio. Now, we've never done this before, and there's probably a really good reason why I can't think of it right now, but by the end of the show it should clarify itself. But we have a really, really big show planned for you today. I've got some special guests coming in that you're not going to be expecting. But I do want to start the show with a male kulpa.
Speaker 7: And that is the.
Speaker 4: The video of me in the pageant in Florida. I completely forgot about it until right now, and I forgot to get it from VCR to some digital format. I just didn't think about it.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that was a thing or I would have taken care of. I didn't know.
Speaker 4: You see, now it's going to be taken care of. And now I'm not going to have an excuse. Now, I really did just put it out of my mind.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'll take care of that. We'll get that on in the next sometime in January. Q.
Speaker 4: You do you want to say anything now? No, you can't just come in the studio and sit here. We get enough of that at home. We need you to engage, be charming, act like more.
Speaker 5: People that you like being a teenager.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pick pick up the headphones. I'm reading a book. Okay, what are you reading a book?
Speaker 3: For?
Speaker 4: Found Dead?
Speaker 8: It's a book about a group a set of murders in of course awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a broken down theater that was about to close. Yeah, of course, because that's where the best murders happened and breaking down.
Speaker 8: It's their last day, and then they get locked inside and then someone murders them.
Speaker 2: Or four of them.
Speaker 4: Oh of course, deadly Scooby squad. Yeah sure, yeah, Okay. A couple of things that are going to happen today. One, you can text us on the Common Spirit Health text line.
Speaker 2: For part of the show.
Speaker 4: But for part of the show, we're going to go back in time, back to when I first started doing radio, and we're going to take phone calls. Jesse, do you remember how to pick up the phone? Do you remember how to operate it?
Speaker 9: I think so, I'll have to go back to my sports radio days. But yes, I'm ready to screen some calls.
Speaker 4: Let's do it all right, So throughout the day you are welcome to call frankly because I missed talking to people. But today is an ask us anything kind of day. But there's a bunch of other stuff that we want to talk about because I got a bunch of stuff on the blog and it is the last final day of the year, right, so this is hang on, I'm opening that. I'm opening that. Okay, there we go. It's the last day of the year, so there's a lot of like retrospective stuff. I want to talk to you guys about what the biggest story of the year for you was, Jesse Thomas, what was the biggest story of the year for you?
Speaker 9: Probably the election and everything with it in the assassination attempt.
Speaker 4: I think, can we just say Donald Trump, Yeah, He's the biggest story of the year. I mean, there has never been in the modern era political comeback like we witnessed this year. In addition to the things Jesse just mentioned, You've got Donald Trump potentially being assassinated, You've got all these things happening. But there is a lot of news. As I was looking through all of the various, you know, top stories of twenty twenty four and all of this stuff, I was kind of struck by how much crap happened this year. And then I found a I don't know if it's ABC News or NBC News, I don't remember right now. I found an article like the most talked about stories of twenty twenty four. Guess what They were not the same as the biggest stories. For the most part, we cared about a lot of dumb stuff. That didn't matter the whole out Baldwin rust story. I didn't care about it while it was happening. I do think the man got away with manslaughter, period. But that being said, welly, we pay attention to dumb dumb stuff, really dumb stuff.
Speaker 10: We are forced to pay attention to dumb dumb stuff, so the good important stuff is not.
Speaker 4: You know, this is my choice though, because the news outlets are ranking their stories, and a lot of them are like CNN did a digital traffic one what story got the most digital traffic? And so that's a really good indicator of the news that people care about. But NBC News was like, these were the most quote talked about. I never know where are they talking about them at cocktail parties? Where are we talking about them? I'm guessing social media. I'm guessing they screamed Google and said what are people looking at on Google? And all that stuff. I don't know, but it was a lot of fluff. We like to pay attention to fluff that doesn't matter on this show.
Speaker 10: And they know we like to pay attention to fluff instead of important things.
Speaker 4: Correct, all right, So Mandy, this from the Common Spirit Health text line five six six nine. Oh, hello, Mandy and family. I've been looking so forward to this show. You're making my day. Oh, Mandy, welcome. I don't want to brag, but I have enough money that I can go fishing for the rest of the year. Sir madam, do you enjoy living the high life?
Speaker 5: What I want to do it?
Speaker 4: And may you have tight lines? Sir or madam? May you catch them, not just fish for them. Mandy Boo specifically made my way to the radio at noon to hear that tape.
Speaker 1: Boo.
Speaker 4: You guys, I'm telling you, I'm struggling with this. I'm struggling with it.
Speaker 7: Ben.
Speaker 4: Wait, are we talking about the Lusty pageant?
Speaker 5: The performance?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 5: Oh, I a question answer type thing.
Speaker 4: It was a monologue.
Speaker 2: No I did.
Speaker 4: It's about how I sounded. No, I don't want to do the hasn't even seen it yet? No, you haven't seen it. You haven't seen it. Q.
Speaker 8: I feel like if I had seen it I probably would have been able to replicate a Southern accent for that one theater project where I'm supposed to.
Speaker 4: Be doing a Southern accent. This is alien, Okay, it's undeniable. Okay. Now Chuck is on the job. It will happen. It will happen. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: I'm not Yeah, I'm just glad I get to share this. You never let me show it to anybody.
Speaker 8: Though.
Speaker 4: It looks so good. I look so good when I'm seventeen years old, you guys, yeah.
Speaker 5: So hot.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying I topped I topped out at seventeen, but oh god, it was really top notch, just top notch.
Speaker 5: Yes, Jesse, Nope, I just behave yourself, chuck.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I'm agree.
Speaker 5: I'm just agree.
Speaker 4: He didn't meet me until I was well into my thirties. So peak Mandy. You know we all have our peak age. What was your poke age? Oh?
Speaker 5: Physically sixty five?
Speaker 4: Nice Friday, and I have a peek.
Speaker 5: You're growing into a chuck into it.
Speaker 4: As a great phrase your pell. When did Jesse.
Speaker 5: Thomas eighteen or nineteen?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Downhill since then?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we all do.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I've never been asked that. That's a good question.
Speaker 7: Well think about it.
Speaker 5: That's a good question.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Jeff Bezos six hundred million dollar wedding and asspen what that is a thing? This Texter said, what was the least talked about Biden's dementia. Let's do this. Let's go to the blog, because I have a lot of these answers, except that I didn't know about the Jeff Bezos wedding. They said that was alive and it was probably just to throw everybody off the track or whatever. Anyway, find the blog mandy'sblog dot com. That's mandy'sblog dot com. Look for the headline that says twelve thirty one, twenty four blog. It's an end of the year wrap up with my family and friends. Click on that and here are the headlines you will find with it.
Speaker 7: The office House, American allyships and equipments and seen.
Speaker 4: That's kind of press plan. It's bedy on the blood. It's almost happy New Year time. I want your best's worst New Year's Eve stories. The biggest story of twenty twenty four has to be Trump's comeback? Scrolling? What about the Colorado News in twenty twenty four? Biggest story of the year. What journalists aren't curious about?
Speaker 12: Really?
Speaker 7: Jan really?
Speaker 4: Credit card default skyrocketed last year? Scrolling, scrolling. This writer says, no, two more democratic lies. Let's talk about twenty twenty five for a minute. What stupid new laws do we have to look forward to. Yes, Democratic legislators are why you can't find eggs right now. Minimuloy age is going up again. Psychedelic assisted therapy will be a thing in twenty twenty five. Some good concerts are coming to Denver this year. Looking for something fun to do tonight, Bless Biden's little delusional heart. Jimmy Carter has passed this secret. Santo will gut you. That time a donkey adopted a three year old boy, the perfect time for a brotherly confession, a farewell to those we lost in twenty twenty four, and God is making a comeback. Those are the headlines on the blog at mandy'sblog dot com. Lots of videos, lots of graphs. You can just bring that down just there you go. There's a lot of like graphs and stuff and a lot of videos and stuff. But I want to play something in response to what that texture just said. Okay, and this is from Face the Nation. Major Garrett was filling in for Margaret Brennan and he has a panel of a CBS journalist sitting with him talking about you know, stories of the year, blah blah blah, and this is what transpired. Justice Alio stepped down.
Speaker 1: One of the things we also do in the year end Correspondence round Table is dig into what was undercovered or under reported.
Speaker 4: Jan undercovered, underreported.
Speaker 13: That would be to me, Joe Biden's obvious cognizant decline that became under eyeable.
Speaker 4: In the televised debate. The presidential debate was unquestioned.
Speaker 13: And you know, it's starting to emerge now that his advisors kind of managed his limitations. It's been reported in the Wall Street Journal for four years, and yet he insisted that he could still run for president. We should have much more forcefully questioned whether he was fit for office for another four years, which could have led to a primary for the Democrats. It could have changed the scope of the entire election. Yet still, incredibly, we read the Washington Post that his advisors are saying that he regrets that he dropped out of the race. You know that he thinks he could have beaten Trump. And I think that is either delusional or they're gas lading.
Speaker 4: Wait now, I want to wait here, because that is Jan Crawford speaking truth. She is spitting truth balls right there. But listen, listen to one of her colleagues jumps in right after to say this.
Speaker 3: Biden has said repeatedly he was sick during the debate June twenty seventh in.
Speaker 6: Atlanta, and he's always been fine and he leaves fine.
Speaker 14: That is his position, the position of many of his top eights as well, even though there is that reporting.
Speaker 4: Now, I mean, come on, you guys, like, what are you gonna believe? These guys are your lion eyes. We have known since he took office that the man was not at his best. Oh, well, he's just elderly.
Speaker 5: And I'm not trying to be like, you know, negative is just an old man.
Speaker 4: You can be eighty two and not be elderly. My mom, my mom is a perfect example. By the way, if you don't follow me on Facebook, you missed the picture of my mom, who is eighty one years old and me. First of all, you look at her and you're like, there's no freaking way that lady is eighty one exactly, which, thank you, thank you God for this.
Speaker 5: Do any kind of what do you call him? The stuff to the pictures? Yeah, like you don't even know.
Speaker 4: It's definitely didn't do anything to it.
Speaker 5: You know, those things you can do, those things things with their hands on her head, going, oh my gosh, my mom.
Speaker 4: Is sharp as attack. Yeah, I mean, I'm I'm not saying I want my mom to run the country. But my mom is perfectly fine at eighty one. Joe Biden is not. He is an elderly man with memory issues. He should never have been put in a high pressure situation like his family. I truly believe that him being president is even though he's been on vacation for nineteen months of his four year presidency. Did you just hear what I said? Nineteen months of his four year presidency, Joe Biden has been on vacation. He's in Saint Thomas right now, or Saint Croix, one of the saints down in the Caribbean. I think they shaved years off of his.
Speaker 5: Life like that. I think that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Mandy sixty eggs cost over thirty one dollars and we're going to talk about that a little bit later. I'm so happy that Chuck and Q showed up for my speed Bump birthday show. Thank you, Happy New Year. Speed Bump Birthday show is today You're birthday, speed Bump. I'm trying to figure out what that is.
Speaker 5: What is the speed Bump birthday idea, do we.
Speaker 4: Know what a speed I need clarification, Texter, I need clarification about what that is happening. And Elizabeth, by the way, said she's sitting in her pull patio listening to the show. She's been looking forward to it. Elizabeth and Wayne Chuck, Oh, hey, fantastic. Yeah, don't be typing stuff. People are bump birthday?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 4: On the blog today, I have a lot of really really really good stuff. But of course a lot of the reporting that's happening right now is you know, what were the biggest news stories of the year, And I've got a lot of stories linked through I've got to I've got with those from France because we don't spend a ton of time talking about what's happening around the world. Although in twenty twenty four, I fully expect that what is it? What is the speed bump birthday? Of course, the fifteen year old immediately goes to the interwebs and finds the answer.
Speaker 8: A speed bump birthday means a relatively small or low key celebration of someone's birthday. So probably if it is their birthday on New Year's Eve, that's probably why.
Speaker 4: Well we did it.
Speaker 11: We did it.
Speaker 4: We had a low key birthday celebration for Jesus this year. How was it, Christmas? Jesse?
Speaker 5: Fantastic?
Speaker 11: Hello.
Speaker 5: I guess it's very speed bumpish, speed bumps.
Speaker 7: I like that.
Speaker 4: I never got my gift. I'm just it's yeah cool, yeah, like all of mine are.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 4: I got a bunch of boxes with folded up pieces of paper in them with photographs of the things that were being shipped.
Speaker 5: Look what's coming. The best part about that is you and I sat down, we figured out what we're going to get her. We went to order it. It said it would be here one thing. That'scept the thing you gotcha. Yeah, instead of.
Speaker 10: They would be here on the twenty third, and then on the twenty third, they said they'd be here January twenty third. So yeah, you know, we can't take the tree down until we get one of them.
Speaker 4: So there you go. By the way, I was thinking about this last night, I want to run this up the flagpole of the Mandy Connell listener base and see what you guys think. So so immediately after Christmas, I start to feel this nagging a little bit of depression creeping in about the fact that the Christmas lights will soon be gone and it's still dark as hell at five thirty or six, you know, And i'd like to propose. I'd like to propose something to Denver rights, Okay, because you know, Denver is the home of Christmas lights. We've learned this and we started them here outdoor Christmas lights. So here's my proposal. Why don't we all just agree and you don't have to keep up the tree.
Speaker 11: You can.
Speaker 4: You can undecorate the inside, right, you can undecorate the inside. But why don't we all just agree to leave up our festive lights until it doesn't get dark until six thirty, Like that should be the cut off. Like, hey, once it gets start at six thirty, then everybody has to take them down. But it just it's so boring without them, and I love that, Like neighborhoods are putting up up sooner, you know, but I would love to just I mean, wouldn't it be more festive throughout the dark parts of winter? So everybody just keep their lights. We want it to just be us.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I've said it for years. We get to put up lights.
Speaker 10: We spend hours putting up lights and decorations, and we have two trees because our collection is ornaments from all over the world, and our trees were amazing. My wife did a great job. But now we get them for six weeks and then we have supposed to take them down. That's ridiculous. We need we need to do Christmas in March. I feel like it's just having on his real birthday. You know, well that was actually probably jily. I'm good with that because it doesn't get dark until late then. I don't need the lights then. I'm just saying it would.
Speaker 4: Make the entire city feel, you know, more festive and toil the text he pointed out in Colorado, we leave the lights up until after the stalk show. That only takes you till like January twentieth. This year, we still have another month and a half of early darkness, cold snow. Probably we need some positive inspiration. That's where jash it up. Let's jazz up the city. So there you go, jazz duff on popcorn, jazz up Trump. Golf Day's total nine point five months, says this texter. I will check your work. But at least he wasn't in another country or on a beach somewhere trying to wrestle are now.
Speaker 10: And with the golf thing with the president, I remember a story about Barack Obama playing golf and they interrupted his golf game for like half an hour because he had to make a decision on whether we were going to attack somebody or not, you know, and then he went back to playing golf and he got it done. I'm not a Barack Obama fan, but he got it done. So I don't have a problem with them having a life, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Mandy, Yes, festive lights for winter, especially because most are low energy use led vote yes, excellent. I'm just saying this is a new movement now. I don't expect it to take hold this year because I got a battle hoa's because you know, you got those hoas that are like it's it's December twenty sixth. Could you go ahead and get those.
Speaker 5: That's a really good point.
Speaker 9: That's the biggest hurdle in our way I think for this project is ha people are going to fit.
Speaker 4: The trouble trouble trouble thing. But now, like we moved into our neighborhood eleven years ago, and when we moved in the neighborhood was kind of in the process of beginning to turn over a meaning that a lot of original owners of those homes lived in that neighborhood for thirty five or forty years, and we were sort of of the first wave of new people with little children to move into the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of how over we moved there.
Speaker 4: We were on the leading edge. But now people are doing Christmas lights again, and I love it, and I just I don't want to see people and let's be real people. So many people don't put up and take down their own Christmas lights anymore. It is a cottage industry that is very strong. Yeah, So I just I'm just my this is my proposal. Mom.
Speaker 8: Yes, Jesus's birthday is in the fall, so fall, and that's how the light was. Yeah, Jesus's birthdays.
Speaker 4: And you know what it is, It's like having a little sac checker right here when the gis in the city.
Speaker 8: Part of it is I told you last night that the episode of Supernatural I was almost can I finish my FID was the Christmas episode and there's literally a sentence that Sam says, which was I'm pretty sure Jesus's birthday is.
Speaker 4: In the fall, So when you said July, I googled it and it's a fall. Okay, thank you supernatural.
Speaker 5: You know what that means. Forts We need to keep lights up for Jesus year round.
Speaker 4: Colorado needs to adopt Marty Gras good party time for the rest of dark winter. I am past the point in my life where Marty Gras even sounds fun, because to.
Speaker 10: Go one time, I've never been to Marty g Everybody's got.
Speaker 5: To go once. Yeah, I went a couple of times. Yeah, I have an old pair of shoes that I'm gonna Wearways, this.
Speaker 4: Is the best advice. Take a pair of shoes that you throw away before you come home. That is the best advisor for learning right. You do not want to pack those because they are full of puke and pea and beer and hurricanes and you just want to throw them away and forget that that ever happens.
Speaker 5: It is disgusting, but it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Yes, wells fun.
Speaker 5: It's disgusting in some way.
Speaker 4: He's the person who said, Mandy, it's twenty twenty five, can you please update your photo on the blog? I knew how to do that. If I knew how to do that, I absolutely would but now I'm sure there's some new weird technological platform that I'm supposed to fill out a form and send to someone in New York to get that taken care of, because nobody knows how to do that here.
Speaker 7: I will.
Speaker 4: I will make that happen, though, because it is time that that advertise. That's false advertising. That photo.
Speaker 10: You need to put the picture up of when you were in the Missile Lusty festival, I know, because that.
Speaker 4: Just makes me sad because I was so thin. Well, no, the picture of n hair, Oh no, that was a miss Lustie. That was my sorority. Call it a hair picture it is. I've posted that before. Christmas lights are like the McRib great because they only happen for a limited time annually. I agree, And I'm not suggesting we stretch out Christmas music or even interior Christmas decorations. I'm just saying, because it's dark and cold, let's just have a little joy in our lives by leaving the Christmas lights outside up and all enjoying that. That's all. That's all I want. I'm not asking you can even put away the inflatables. I don't care put away the little Santa sled you know what I'm talking about with the lights up. Put it all the way. Just leave the lights up.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 4: We're gonna take a quick time out when we get back. I do have some surprises coming up on the program, and we're gonna share not those, but some other stuff that is coming up after.
Speaker 15: This Happy New Year from KOA.
Speaker 4: Hang on, gotta find it, I can repeat it. Hello, Mandy, what does the queue want to be when she grows up? I would suggest a stand up comedian.
Speaker 8: I'm hilarious, like a criminal profiler or an anthropologist.
Speaker 4: When did an anthropology answer the chat?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Okay, so you want? Okay, Okay, there we go.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 5: If as long as you don't act like bones, then then.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, yeah, it doesn't ask us anything kind of day. I have a couple of prize guests coming up a little bit later, one around one o'clock. We're also going to talk to Steven Moore at one o'clock. Stephen is the economist who is part of the Trump economics team, And honestly, I just love Steve. I think he's hilarious.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 4: He's almost like if I had to describe Steve more in real life. He's like the nutty professor sort of, well not the nutty professor, the absent minded professor. I mean, he's just a mess. He's just he's a complete mess. But he's super super smart and he's got a wish list for what he'd like Trump to do economically in twenty twenty five. And it's good. It's really really good. Jesse, what song just played as a bump.
Speaker 5: Talking head melody?
Speaker 4: Thank you? I knew it was talking yea, but I cannot remember the name of the thank you the name of the song.
Speaker 7: Could not do that.
Speaker 4: By the way, it's already Happy New Year in New Zealand. Happy New Year, kiwis they kick off the New Year thing everything. The first Happy New Year party is in Hong Kong, New New Zealand is first?
Speaker 5: Are they first?
Speaker 4: First?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: So they turned first. They're right over by the you know, international dateline.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 4: There is a flight that leaves San Francisco and flies to Auckland, New Zealand, and they miss New Year's Eve and New Year's they missed New Year's Eve completely, so they leave on the thirtieth. They fly to Auckland and land.
Speaker 5: On the first Some doctor Who's stuff. That's really Yeah, that's wild.
Speaker 4: Well, it's like, wow, if you really want to see the year out, just shove it out the door that way. But the airlines have like a little celebration on the flight. I think the flight's twelve hours. Yeah, so I thought that was kind of interesting.
Speaker 10: When I left Korea when I was in the service, I left at my flight left at ten pm ful time, and I landed in Columbus, Ohio at nine to fifty five the same day in the evening, I'm fifty five PM, so I got there five minutes before I left.
Speaker 4: So if you are planning on flying anywhere tonight, and you know, I always had to fly on New Year's Eve when I was a flight attendant, and every year I ended up someplace interesting on New Year's Eve. Ended up in Vegas twice. But the problem with the Vegas trip was the sign in on New Year's Day was four am. So you have to make a choice, right, you have to. You have to decide, am I just going to be incredibly tired the entire next day or am I gonna I chose incredibly tired the entire next day. Although you have to stop drinking when you have a four am signing, that's a six am, uh probably a six or seven eight, six thirty pushback. So you had to stop drinking at ten thirty. Legally, there's a there's a legal limit right when you.
Speaker 5: Can assume your last week.
Speaker 4: We're supposed to have stoped eight hours bottle to throttle. Trust me, I thought that was just the pilot. No, it's flight attendants too, Like you have to stop drinking.
Speaker 5: That's awesome. I'm gonna start using that.
Speaker 4: It's eight hours bottle to throttle or eight hours bottle to check it. I can't remember now, it's been a while, but yeah, you have to stop drinking at a certain time, so like ten twenty five, you're cranking like four drinks and then you know, going out. But we met, like we met a guy on the airplane one year who was with Jerry Seinfeld's production team, and Seinfeld was performing in Vegas for New Year's Eve, and he gave us tickets to that. He's like, I know, you guys don't have tickets, so I'll give you some tickets. And we all went and did things like that, and you know, but New Year's Eve. Luckily, I'm old now, so at fifty five, I don't give a rat's ass about New Year's Eve. I can assure you I will be in my yoga pants with a sweatshirt on, probably asleep at midnight tonight.
Speaker 5: You're not old, because if you're old, I'm old.
Speaker 4: Okay, well you're older. That being said, New Year's Eve is like fraught with expectation.
Speaker 10: If she makes it to midnight and is still awake, it's happened once in the last six years.
Speaker 4: I know I've woken her up at twelve thirty from her chair. So I don't feel any of this pressure anymore. But I remember being young, and it's just you're like, it's gonna be the best night ever, because all of a sudden you have to be a fifty dollars to get in the same crappy bar that you get in for free every other day of the year, exactly. But I was wondering. I will say this, I've had my share of wonderful New Year's Eves. I happen to get engaged to this husband on New Year's Eve, like right as the fireworks went off. It was lovely. It was lovely as he plans everything. It was planned to the tee. So it was great, but I had so many more New Year's Eves that were just so One year, at New Year's Eve, I'm dating a guy that I had already decided, like what am I doing here? I'm already having that hold what am I doing here? Situation with this dude, And literally four minutes before midnight, he goes, oh, I gotta go pee, and I'm like, it's four minutes before midnight. Can you hold? He's like, now, I gotta go pee. So he leaves fail oh yeah, he leaves to go to the bathroom. So nice happens, and I'm standing there like a dill hole in this bar by myself. It was so aggri and then he came back and I am fuming, angry.
Speaker 2: I'm so mad, and he was.
Speaker 4: Like, what's your problem? And I just went this is not for me. For like two more years after that, only dating, and I think I really did it for like two more years. Boy, I really paid attention to that red flag.
Speaker 2: But it's late.
Speaker 4: It's it's almost like we put so much pressure and that means it will never live up to that, you know what I mean. So basically, I'm bringing you all this so if you have plans tonight and on the blog today, I do have an entire list of stuff going on tonight. There's free stuff happening downtown. If you want to go party downtown and see fireworks and all that stuff, there is stuff to do. I just want you to manage your expectations. And here's my other question, like what age did you just decide I'm not going out on New Year's Eve. That's not a thing I'm doing. I'm just not doing it.
Speaker 10: I did that personally when I quit work in the bars. I was like, I'm not going to a bar on New Year's Invest spent the last twelve years either in cars, are in a foxhole on New Year's Eve. I don't want to go hang out with a bunch of people that are drunk and walking around. After I got through working bars, I'm like, no, you and I went to a couple like nice things.
Speaker 5: Yeah that happened to be in bars, but they weren't the normal bar set up. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I just got that.
Speaker 5: Personally for me, I was done when I stopped working in bars.
Speaker 4: I just I'm not a I'm not a gosh, how do I say this. I'm not a person who enjoys like the night life I did when I was younger, but I don't anymore. I don't like crowds. I hate being around super drunk people. Really can't stand it. At this point, we ran out. We went with Judy and saw some eighties band. Oh yeah, that was super fun then, and that was fun.
Speaker 10: But I was looking at the people going, okay, wow, if I if I was, you know, fingle and had wow.
Speaker 4: Okay, So we're watching an eighties band, which was so good, but then you look for the crowd and you're like, who are all these old people in this dancing to this band? And then you realize you're the same age as the old people dancing to the band, And it's just a little disconcerting. But we did have fun that night. Yeah, that was a fun night.
Speaker 5: Mandy just reinforced me not wanting to go out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go, Mandy. Hi Mandy. We met on the Christmas market cruise. My question is one of the best and worst parts of your job? That from Anita, Oh Grandather, Hi, Anita. The best and worst parts of my job. The best parts are that there's no heavy lifting and very little math, right, very little math in this job.
Speaker 10: Well, the best part was you were there Anita the cruise. Oh yeah, that's part of the job. That is one of the best parts, the best part of the job. But we did have a spectacular Christmas market group.
Speaker 4: We really did.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That being said, I would say the worst part is is that I can't. I don't have the luxury of not paying attention to politics. I don't have the luxury of not paying attention to the news. And I never looked at it as a luxury until I was having a conversation with my friend Greg and I said something about some news story. He said, oh, my wife and I we don't pay attention to the news. And I went what He's like, Yeah, we don't really pay attend to the news. We're fine, And I was at that moment, I was filled with jealousy, right, I was so jealous of just being able to check out and not have to pay attention to that. So that is that's a little bit exhausting, and I don't love that all the time. Sometimes I do love it because I find it all so interesting. So it's really a double edged sword, I guess. But this job, I mean, you guys, they pay me to sit and talk on the radio for three hours a day. That's not all the work I do. I do a ton of work on the blog every day. But I mean, this job is like the greatest job in the world. I firmly, one, one hundred percent believe that. And the fact that every idiot and their brother now has a podcast to try and do this should indicate exactly how much fun it is to do this job.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I don't know what my life would have been like if I wouldn't have gone into radio at fifteen, you know, I mean, you look back at your life and what direction would you have gone If I would not.
Speaker 4: I probably would have been sober a lot faster. If I'm not hang on, we gotta take a break.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back, you know, because they listened to stuff.
Speaker 4: Phil was a big All of his music was angry people growling at you, eating the microphone and just yelling. And I don't know whether a.
Speaker 5: Lot of those bands he became friends with, so, you know, good for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I mean, you don't get enough yelling at home, why not find a band to yell at you as well? So there you go, right now, got a couple of things on the blog, a lot of people are weighing in on their best or worst New Year's Eve, and.
Speaker 5: I love this one.
Speaker 4: My wife used to leave the tree up so late I would joke about leaving it up all year. Now we have a year round holiday seasonal tree. See Jake, you need to keep your mouth shuts. Yeah, exactly, Mandy h Oas just hate the floppy Christmas lights hanging on houses. Most are approving permanent Christmas lights with the wires hidden up behind the fascia. They can be many colors and displays and you could brighten up some of your dark evenings control them with a remote. I'm thinking about doing that now. Jellyfish is the brand that everybody knows, but oh my god, they're expensive. A Rod has found another brand that my friends Cindy and Sean are about to put on their house. So once we have some feedback on that, we may lead the light up Denver all winter and along the break. I can't remember either, That's why I'm not saying. I want to say movie Govie or something like that. Oh that's right downstairs, all right, Mandy, I just started listening late. Did you already do the accent?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 4: You guys, I can't and we can't get the video off the VPR tab.
Speaker 10: I'm just going to throw her under the bus and I will get this taken care of in the month of January.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it may take a while. We're working on it. We're working on it.
Speaker 4: This person reminds us Christmas is not just one day. It's a season lasting twelve days. Hence the song the never ending Lights for twelve days. No, that's not what they're talking about. Further, the Christmas cycle for this year last until February twelfth. Every christ and should know why. But alas even those Catholics who really should know don't. Correct Mandy. All of us serious party yours do not go out on amateur night, correct him, Mandy. Can we get everyone in the studio to give a big old darn tutin and a hoot and hollar? That's a new thing. Somebody made me say darn tutin on the text line, and now this texture reminds.
Speaker 1: Me of it.
Speaker 4: Wow, yeah, darn tutin. I like the hot and holler exactly. I love a good hoot and hollo exactly. I'm down for all of it. I'll even go to a hoot nanny. I don't care for all I grew up.
Speaker 5: You're talking, Uh.
Speaker 4: Mandy, nothing changes New Year's Day, ask Bono, Yes, that's right. If tickets are still available, I recommend Super Diamond at the Gothic tonight. You must be able to seeing Sweet Caroline and all of the other Neil Diamond songs all night. We actually saw Neil Diamond like what twelve years ago? Was it Louisville before we left thee and we we brought the average age in that arena down to like ninety four. Okay, there was more walkers and oxygen tanks lining the walls of that arena, and you know when a band starts and like the band comes out in therebody goes yeah and they stand up. Each year it went like this for Neil Diamond. It was like here comes eleven. Yeah, okay, that's enough standing, I'll sit right back down.
Speaker 10: Well, the people next to us, the guy next to us, I remember, was he was irritated because we knew all the words and were singing the song and he was on oxygen and didn't have the ability to like sing like we did, and he was like singing for me.
Speaker 5: I'm like right, I we'll do that all.
Speaker 4: Right, Mandy. A couple of years ago, not sure if I heard you right, you said that when someone recognized you in public, you didn't like it when people said they loved your radio show. Am I correct? I don't think I was doing drugs that day. Just kidding Leah from Albert No, I love it when people tell me that they love the show. I mean, why wouldn't I I would. It's always that I get. I always have people recognize me when I've just been like cleaning the toilet at home and I ran to Walmart to get more toilet.
Speaker 5: Oh, you're on a beach in Costa Rica.
Speaker 4: Thank you. That was awesome though.
Speaker 5: That was awesome.
Speaker 4: When we get back on.
Speaker 10: One thing about that out of time is you're not a person that seeks the you know, the spotlight now, so it's kind of you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah at the time. Yeah, Mandy, I'm an electrical contractor. We've installed the jellyfish lighting before, and I can tell you if you do have the right roof line and house for it, it looks badass. Oh and darn toutin We love the darn tuton. Okay, when we get back, I've got a couple of things happening. Number one, oops, number one. We're going to talk to see more about his column about what we'd like to see in twenty twenty five. Then I have a secret guess coming on. You'll recognize them, but you're gonna have to stick around to find out what it is.
Speaker 3: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell.
Speaker 1: John.
Speaker 4: Muck Static, and the noisy.
Speaker 2: Band is sad Bab.
Speaker 4: Welcome on, Welcome to the second hour of the show. And joining me now one of my favorite eggheads, one of my favorite nerds, the nerdiest of nerdy, Steve Moore, Economist at Large. That's what I'm changing your title to, Economists at Large. That's who you are, Steve Moore.
Speaker 7: Hi, Maddie, Well, I guess when you say that I'm your favorite nerd, I guess that's kind of a backhanded compliment.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it's a front handed compliment. I mean, if a front handed compliment, let's be real, Steve, nerds rule the world, right. Nobody's gonna accuse Elon Musk of being a sexy, cool guy. He's just a nerd who's made it big, right.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, saying economist and nerd in the same sentence as.
Speaker 4: Redundant, exactly exactly. So I saw your column on hot air dot com, and as I was reading it, the column is headlined ten new ideas to make America's a to me great again in twenty twenty five. I'm not gonna lie, Steve. I started, like, I started to get tingly as I was reading it because I got so excited about the prospect of any of these things happening. But I have to ask you, I know, you do have the president's here on some of this stuff. What are the chances And we're going to go through the ten real quick here in just a second, but what are the chances of any of these things getting done?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 7: First of all, I would say that I think President Trump wants to do virtually everything on that list, and there may be one or two things that even he might not want to do. But I think the real challenge is going to be will Congress, you know, apt ye do these things. I mean, I think Trump has a has a voter mandate, you know, given what happened in the election, people want to see real change. But you know, Congress in both parties. By the way, Republicans and Democrats, they love to play Santa Claus. They love to pass out money. They don't want to cut spending. They want to spend the Repentny they can get their hands done. And so that's going to be the real challenge is convincing Congress to do what's right for our country.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm going to rip through these really quickly, okay, and I want to start with one slash job killing regulations. How do you how do you look at our regulatory system which is which is massive and ridiculous, but how do you know how many of those need to be cut in order to set off a job's boon? What are we looking at realistically there?
Speaker 7: Well, regularly, look, we all want regulations that you know, keep us safe and you know, keep our food safe, and our workplace is safe, and our financial systems safe and so on. But the regulations have become just so onerous right now that you just don't have, you know, any sensibility. In other words, you have to you have to weigh the costs and the benefits of regulations, and in too many cases the regulations are far more costly than than uh, you know, any kind of benefit. It's like a two trillion dollars tax on the American economy. It's like a second income tax over regulation. And so what you need to do is you need to have the Congress or the White House just repeal these things. And by the way, most of these regulations that I'm talking about were never enacted by Congress. Did you know that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, most regulations are just by agencies you never even heard of, that are propagating these laws and they're not accountable to anyone.
Speaker 4: I thought after the Chevron decision that we would be able to change that. I thought that it would be easier to strip out these regulations after the Supreme Court essentially kind of neutered the bureaucratic state with that decision. And I haven't seen any of that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so you're for people don't know what you're talking about because it's kind of inside baseball stuff. This Chevron decision was their Supreme Court decision a few months ago that found that the the regulations with a certain cost have to be approved by Congress. After of Congress is who, uh you know, is the one who makes the laws, not some uh you know, it's the legislative branch that makes the laws, not the executive branch.
Speaker 4: And I'm just it's been kind of disappointing. Do you think that the Department of Government Efficiency is going to be helpful in this or is it a ginning?
Speaker 7: Oh? I do No, I don't think it's a gimmick. I think, first of all, I can't think of anybody better than you know, Elon Musk to find efficiency in the ways of you know, waiting, ridding the agencies of of redundancy, obsolescence, of fraud. I mean, the amounts of money that we're talking about are in the hundreds of billions of dollars a year. And I think there's a real value I really do of the government of the government exposing I mean, Congress, exposing the American people where do money is all going? Because I think people will be infuriated when they see. I mean, we spent ten billion dollars last year, ten billion dollars on vacant federal buildings. What just empty buildings, Yeah, renting buildings that were left empty.
Speaker 4: So this is crazy.
Speaker 7: I mean that's just one tiny little example of how government's spending your money. Books.
Speaker 5: Let's go to number two.
Speaker 4: Make the track Trump tax cuts permanent. These tax cuts were only for the rich, Steve, so they say, But you've got an interesting point in this column. A family of four earning seventy five thousand dollars a year saw their tax bill fall by half, a benefit valued at more than two thousand dollars. And of course, the corporate tax rate fell from thirty five percent to twenty one percent. This seems like a no brainer. And I think even the Democrats, unless they want to push us into a recession, to better their chances in two years in the midterms, they would have to finally admit that the tax cuts were a good thing, even though I know they're never.
Speaker 7: Will that's right, Yeah, I mean they would. I take some personal pride in this because I helped write the original version of the Trump tax cut with our laugher and some others, and all the things that the good things we said would happen if we put this fill in place did happen. We made the text system much simpler. You know, it used to be forty percent of Americans itemize their deductions. You know what that number is? Now what it's like nine percent? Oh yeah, bouts, Yeah, most people don't even itemize deductions, which is by the way, I have a piece in the Wall Street Journal today. I hope people take a look at it. Where Steve Forbes and I argue, why don't we just have a flat next, get rid of all the deductions now, and just you know, lower the rates as much as possible, which would be explosively pro growth. But yeah, the Trump tax cuts. Oh, I want to remind your listeners of something else, Mandy. If we don't do anything this year, we're looking at the biggest tax increase because all of the tax cuts, not all of them, but almost all of them expire. Well, so if we don't, doing nothing is not an option.
Speaker 4: Right, well, unless you're Colorado when it's property taxes. But that's the story for another time. Okay, Number three, replace welfare with work. Considering that this has already been done in the nineties under a Democratic president, can we get this done now, because we've already shown that it can be very very successful in moving people off welfare into work, which then allows them a chance to achieve in life. We already know this works. Can we get this done?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we can, And you're right, we did this in the mid nineteen nineties. Under a Democratic president, remember it was one who signed welfare reform into law and with a Republican counris. It was a true bipartisan bill, and we reduced the welfare dependency rates by like sixty percent. And we've got people out of welfare into work. And by the way, I'm not talking about who are blind or people who are you know, disabled, you're able to work. We're just talking disabled people. I'm talking about people who could be working, should be working. And uh and by way that we turn people from people were sucking money out of the government and the people actually when they were working, they were paying taxes. So the by the way, work is very associated with happiness. This is one of my pet peeves. You know, people are working are happier than people who don't work. And now, you know, for the most part, if you have a job you hate, yeah, you may not. You and I are lucky.
Speaker 6: You know, we love what we do.
Speaker 7: And you know, I don't even consider what I do work actually because I really I love I love being active and I love being productive. I think that's the way most people are. So you don't. I don't think we're doing a favorite of people paying them to sit home and watch TV.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 7: I agree.
Speaker 4: I think human human flourishing is feeling like you have a purpose. Yeah, you know, and we've taken that away from a lot of people. Number Four, use America's abundant natural resources. And I'm guessing you're specifically talking about coal, natural gas, and oil. But when are we going to start tapping into our rare earth minerals deposits here in the US? Because right now, Steve, you know as well as I do, we're kind of China's bitch when it comes to renewable energy because they are producing rare earth minerals and we are not.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's ridiculous. I mean, if we want to and by the way, I don't know that you know, the green energy is the future. I mean, we have so much oil and gas and coal and nuclear power. But even if it were, are we going to depend on China? Yeah, to get the rare earth minerals that we need. No, why would we do that when we have them you know in Colorado we have them, and you know we have them in Montana, and we have them in the Dakotas. And I'm not talking about you know, drilling or you know, mining and usanite or yellowstone. I'm talking about non non environmentally sensitive lands. We should use those resources. By the way, we could then charge these companies attacks, you know, to to you know, to produce the minerals and to mine them, and so it's a win win. We get jobs, we get the stuff is made here in the US, and we get a lower deficit.
Speaker 4: Steve, one of the things that gets me is that we don't talk about this in terms of national security, but the reality is we would never have gone to war in Iraq and or on if it were not for oil and our need for energy from the Middle East. So if we were producing our own energy here, if we were producing our own rare earth minerals and we're truly energy independent, we would have so much more leverage over these little crappy nations that want to bring the world to their knees over a resource.
Speaker 7: You're exactly right, and you know it's almost on patriotic not to be supporting using our By the way, don't you mentioned the minerals you need? We have more coal, We have huge amounts of natural gas in this country. So I estimate the value of these things are in the trillions of dollars. Yeah, you know, this is a country that we're running at two trillion dollar annual deficit. Maybe we could base off some of this debt by using our resources here. We're an incredible country. I mean, you're there in Colorado. You know how resource rich we are. It's just an amazing story. And it's a great story of how we're endowed with these resources and yet we don't use them. I don't understand the logic of it.
Speaker 4: Well, the logic is and this is my theory, and I went down this rabbit hole several years ago and I've never really recovered, is that China is the driving force behind the green movement in the United States and to demonize I agree, fossil fuels. They want to demonize anything that would allow us to achieve that independence and lessen their control over the world. And all we're doing is enriching China by leaning into green energy and not getting our stuff here. It's very frustrated.
Speaker 7: I would just add to that that it's not just China. I think it's the Saudi's. Yeah, I think it's the you know, the all the countries that have oil that their whole economy in the Russians. You know, the Russians would love it if we stop producing oil and gas. Yeah, I mean, this is why how we're going to I think Trump is going to I'm going to make a prediction on your show. I think in six months you will have an armistice in Ukraine. You know why, because Trump is going to say to that you're going to sit down with the Ukrainians and say you start negotiating a peace treaty here, or we're going to stop giving you one hundred billion dollars. And then he's going to go to the Russians and say, pewdin, you stop attacking Ukraine, or we're going to produce so much oil you're not gonna have any money left because that's their whole economy.
Speaker 10: Yep.
Speaker 7: And you know what, they're both going to say, Oh, we better better sit down and stop the killing and uh and suit for peace. So uh, there's so many advantages to using our resources, both from a national security and a national economic standpoint.
Speaker 4: I agree one percent. Now number five is the thing that gets me the most excited. I've been talking about this potential option for a very long time cut medical cost by demanding healthcare price transparency, Steve, if I was in charge, and I'm just going to tell you this, and I'm a former insurance agent, Okay, so I understand health insurance, understand how it works. I understand how healthcare is delivered. What we need in this country are two things. Number One, direct primary care. We need to just have everybody in a direct primary care office. You pay them directly for your care, and then you have a catastrophic plan that covers if you get sick, if you could cancer, if you have a heart attack, or anything major, anything else. You should be able to call a hospital and say how much you're going to pay for this, and then call another hospital and say how much a we're going to pay for this. Because once we inject competition into the delivery of health care, everything changes, everything changes, and we've done nothing to make that happen up to this point.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's amazing, isn't it That the two areas of our economy with the fastest inflation our education and healthcare. Yep, And those are the two that are run by government where we don't allow the free enterprise system to work. But I mean, we found an amazing data, by the way, where you could literally have two hospitals down the street from each other in Denver, and one would be charging five thousand dollars for a pro seizure and the other words would charge fifty thousand. Yeah, we literally ten times more. And no patient knows what these things cost. I mean, I remember I had some surgery on my shoulder and I remember asking me that how much it was the class he said, I don't know what this costs. Nobody nobody.
Speaker 4: I mean, how can you run them?
Speaker 7: How can you run an economy when nobody knows what anything costs, and it's.
Speaker 4: A critical part of the economy and it's something that has to be done. I don't know. I'm sure you know about the Oklahoma City Surgical Center, one of the first places in the world that started posting their prices online. You can go to their website and find out how much a neigh replacement is. You can do all of that. But what's happened is it is driven down the cost of service at all of the other hospitals in Oklahoma City. So they're now competing with the Oklahoma City Surgical Center. And it is working in that place, why won't it work everywhere else? That's all I want to know why want or cad wheals. Okay, Number six allows school choice for all families. That's a no brainer for me. I just why we're trapping children and their families and failing schools and not get them an option is absurd and criminal in my mind.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I really add to what you just said that I really believe that that the issue of school choice for every child in America dependent, you know, regardless of their race or income. I believe it's the single most important civil rights issue of our time. Agree we want black progress in this country. We can't. We can't force you black children to go to schools where they don't teach them to read or write.
Speaker 4: Aimen to that number seven. Implement a pro America immigration policy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we are such an opportunity here. I mean, you know, we have every smart person in the world, the talented, the most hardworking people, the freedom loving people. Now not not every immigrant comes from the country is a desirable person. We do have to keep out the bad people, which is something that the Biden didn't do. But absolutely, yes, you know we and I think we could easily. And by the way, the big story around the world is declining birth rates. Remember if you're an hour old of old enough to remember when they said, oh, we're overpopulation.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, the.
Speaker 7: World isn't overpopulated. It's the opposite. They're just there's just not enough kids that are going to replace.
Speaker 5: People like me.
Speaker 7: I just started sixty four, so I would be next year eligible for sold security and medicare. So these are you know, these demographic crises are a problem. But look, immigrants are one of our great advantages. There wouldn't be a Silicon Valley if it weren't for immigrant talent. Yeah, and we take advantage of it.
Speaker 4: All right, Steve, I'm gonna because we're almost out of time and I want to I'm going to skip over the one about cities. I'm going to skip over that one because that is a whole different conversation. You say pulls the US out of the Paris Climate Change Treaty and other anti American agreements. So obviously, the Paris Climate Agreement was designed to be a Welsh distribution system where the United States would be siphoning off wells to other nations. But what else are we looking at in that category?
Speaker 7: Well, look, I managed to give you a couple of examples to health organization. Why are we running money on that They lied about everything with COVID, you know, And I mean I could just go on and on the United Nations. So much of what the United Nations does is you know, contrary to America's interests. So look, I turned more and more into a non I think I'm very concerned about America's national sovereignty and the idea that we should be you know, you know, part of all these international organizations that are not pursuing America's interests, I think is wrong. And I think that's where the American people are too. That's why Trump made a big deal of this that we're only going to you know, be involved in these you know, we're going to we can do this, uh bilaterally. We don't have to be under the rule of you know, people in all these other countries.
Speaker 4: I agree wholeheartedly, and I have I have become far more, far less interventionist as as you've seen, especially since the since two thousand, like we've seen all all of these different things that we've been involved with, and now we've essentially armed the Taliban, you know, for the for the future whatever. I'm not interested in fighting everybody else's battles. If they're worried about their neighbor saber round, then they can pay for their own defense period.
Speaker 7: And I'm not a I'm not a national security expert, but even in the Middle East, and I know I don't want to you know, I know some of my Jewish friends may not like my famous but you know, I think we would we've destabilized the Middle East if we just stayed out of it. I think you've probably see more, you know, peace and stability in that region of the country, so the world. So I don't even think that our efforts are even achieving what we hope to do.
Speaker 4: I think we're funding both sides of whatever's happening. That's that's where we are at this moment. We are funding both sides of every conflict that we're involved in. It's just it's insane. See more. It's a joy as all ways. You know where you gonna come out to Colorado anytime soon.
Speaker 7: How's the snow out there?
Speaker 5: Not at all.
Speaker 4: It's been like it's just it has been like fifty and sixty degrees every day almost for the month of December. It's been very mild. The mountains have a ton of snow. I should say that the mountains, do you have a ton of snow? But Denver, proper, we got nothing.
Speaker 7: I mean, I want to go up to Aspen rail or whatever it might be.
Speaker 4: Don't go to Aspen, go to Veil asthmen's too bougie and they're very rude. Anyway, if you come back to the to the state, let me know. I'll talk to you soon. My friend, Happy New Year. Look what the cat dragged in on the wed Day of the year.
Speaker 7: I thought I.
Speaker 4: Would have an old friend, backup, familiar voice. I still get emails all the time asking have you talked to Susan, And sometimes I say no, I need proof of life because I go too long without talking to you. But you are living your best life. And if you're a new listener to the show, Susan Witkin was my newswoman for ever nine years, eight or nine years like it? Yeah, I mean for a long time underwater and also a very dear friend of mine as well, so I know he does. People stop, are you really friends with Mandy? I'm like, yes, yes, we are really friends.
Speaker 11: In real life.
Speaker 4: We're not really doing well fends and that of course is truck my husband my daughter the Q is in here reading a book. Uh, you know, doing things. Yeah, she was doing homework.
Speaker 5: She was waiting for ask me anything.
Speaker 4: I know, we'll do that in the next hour. So people want to know, what are you up to? Busier now than you were when you were here. I don't know how I could have fitted in and worked at the same time. Yes, because you've got so much stuff going on.
Speaker 5: I'm retired and now I'm like, so busy.
Speaker 4: I was so busy doing fun things.
Speaker 1: Been to Namibia, Africa the continent, yes, is on was on my bucket lit but which country?
Speaker 4: I couldn't figure it out right.
Speaker 1: And there was a group of girls who were going to uh a group of girls who was group was right, Yes, going to Namibia?
Speaker 4: And oh yeah, okay, cool, I'm not I don't. I'm not really super certain we're Namibia is.
Speaker 1: On the west coast, okay, way down there, near South Africa.
Speaker 4: Okay. And what's cool about Namibia.
Speaker 1: Is that it's got the ocean and it's got intensive desert. It is apparently the second least populated country the desert to the ocean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, documentary, It's amazing.
Speaker 5: Africa.
Speaker 4: It doesn't seem like it should work that way, the desert should go up to.
Speaker 5: The because some grass or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just it's just an amazing and amazing country, very nice people there. It was a German colony, oh really, because we remember all of Africa all different, you know, So French had this place, and British had these, and German had these, and so it was. So this was German and a lot of still the German names are around, but Namibia is its name, and the people are lovely and wonderful. I actually have a picture I show this of you. Food was outstanding. I ate everything they served. I was one of the few people go yeah, I'll try that iback. So yeah, that's like an ape, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, I tried everything it was. I haven't Why wouldn't they eat antelope? That doesn't even seem like I don't think there was antelope. If ibix is similar to an antl wh wouldn't I just try that?
Speaker 4: That's what I'm asking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Don't care. I don't know what kind of animals did you.
Speaker 1: We saw lions, we saw elephant, giraffe, we actually saw This is going to kind of gross people out, but oh well, it's you know, the circle of life, right. So there was an all these different prides of of lion. It was really quite wonderful. And we saw a giraffe, a pregnant giraffe. She had just been taken down by a big male, a lion who had ch And now giraffe are fast and they sometimes can outrun a lion, but this gal was she was pregnant, and so she was taken down off right up going this ravine.
Speaker 4: And he had had his fill and she.
Speaker 1: After she was taken down, it was aboarded, right. You could see the baby's little legs stick and help.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, she was a meal. Wait a minute, I thought lions were the ones that hunted, though. Do you know that he took her down.
Speaker 5: That's that's a that's a female.
Speaker 4: Lions went on this guy.
Speaker 1: He had taken her down, and so we came up, We came up to the kill and we could see and then he was up on this ridge watching making sure nobody was going to disturb what he was going to snack on later.
Speaker 7: Him.
Speaker 4: He was all lonely, very very Tommy know, it was intense. I was going to say that that has to be a little bit unnerving. Yeah, I mean it was incredible, I have to say so. Some guys did like seeing that, but it was it was not happy, but I have pictures to prove it.
Speaker 15: And hyena.
Speaker 1: We saw hyena. We did not see leopard. We saw oh black and white rhinos. Oh wow, that was cool. We got to see that those animals. It was a neat experience. I would go back.
Speaker 4: I would take that to Africa.
Speaker 1: There are a couple other countries I want to go to. And they said to John is this on your bucket list? And he said no, and I and I called him from there and I said, oh, yeah, you're coming. This is intense Mandy Cornell Adventure. We're going to do just Tanzany at some point because they have.
Speaker 4: The cruise and tour works with a great or a group down there, and it's definitely on my list. I just won't wait till that one is gone away to college so we can we don't have to worry about her being in school because that's a winter trip. Yeah, I mean we went in February. Yeah, it was insane, it was awesome. Yeah, I love that. So you've been spending a lot of time in southern Colorado, southwestern col I keep waiting for Susan to run for mayor of Urray because it's going to happen, because he's like, yeah, we're busy, we're thinking about, you know, buying a place down there, just to and then she just literally just left and moved down there for five months.
Speaker 10: I does that, by the way, because I've always been able to just pick up and go before I had a family. I'm done to Atlanta, let's go in the army kind of thing. When you did that, I'm like, good power to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, it's It's one of those places that it.
Speaker 1: Truly is God's country. It is absolutely magnificent, and Uray is very special. I met some Native Americans a couple of weeks ago. I was in Mexico and there were some guys there. They were doing all these different ceremonies and they were from different tribes. They were from Navajo Apache. There weren't any ute because that area in southwestern Colorado.
Speaker 4: You were in Mexico, Mexico.
Speaker 1: I was in Mexico, but they had come to this area in Mexico where I was staying, and they were putting on different ceremonies. Cleansing, ceremonies, actually getting you know, helping yourself. And I said, oh, I spent a lot of time in Uray. And one the guy who is a medicine man, he said, oh, that's very sacred area and I said, yes it is, and you can feel it when you're there, the hot springs and these surrounding mountains.
Speaker 4: And don't talk it up too much. We already know. We were talking off the air today. Is what is John Denver's birthday today?
Speaker 5: First birthday?
Speaker 4: He would have been his eighty first birthday. And you said, being an athet when he lived there, Your program director thought he ruined Colorado back my dad he saw him on the Johnny Carson Show and he goes, oh, there goes Colorado. Look yeah, he said, oh now we're going to get a whole bunch of tourists coming.
Speaker 5: That was right, and he was right. That's what was the catalyst for it.
Speaker 4: But Southwinstern, Colorado, it has been talked up. I think it was in Men's Health magazine recently, and all these different magazines, all the place to go.
Speaker 1: It really is Expanda of Colorado, as they call it, is you come and visit and spend your money and then go back home.
Speaker 4: Mandy says this text her. It's so good to hear Susan. Can you do your air horn version?
Speaker 7: I love your hair?
Speaker 4: I how did you find him? Jesse? This is what Now play the actual airhorn Jesse if you could. I'm putting Jesse through.
Speaker 5: So we're supposed to make that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now play go through the whole wall of air horns if you could. That mine's the best. Yeah, yeah, well no, I like the Little Girls. She's my favorite. Okay, she's so stink and cute.
Speaker 7: Well be came the.
Speaker 4: Videos with it. Never work with kids, never work with kids. So we're gonna have you, Chuck and Q do that at the end of the show so we can record those as well. Air horn versions. Yeah, you've got Mandy surprised that Susan took off a time from crashing webbing parties to her crash your show. Whose party are you crashing tonight? I have to wait tell the story when we get back. I got to take a break. We'll be right back, Susan. We were just talking about news because Susan is a true journalist in her soul, and it showed in the work that she did here, and if you guys knew how much time was spent behind the scenes by Susan making sure she was getting it right, it was really incredibly gratifying to work with her because of that. But now we are at a point now where we are seeing newsrooms be decimated and and I don't just mean radio, I mean television. I mean forget about newspapers. I mean newspaper newsrooms have been annihilated. So we're we were talking off the air, like who is going to watch the people in charge and not just the federal government? Right, Who's going to watch the school board, Who's going to watch the water commission? Who's going to watch the people that are making decisions on a daily basis that will affect our lives immediately? We don't have those people anymore.
Speaker 1: People are the most expensive thing, and I'll use that you know thing, big product, product fake in any corporation, whether it's a radio station or whether it's the widget industry.
Speaker 4: Right, people are expensive.
Speaker 1: And when corporations come in and they want to make a profit, if they got the people, then the shareholders can say, oh, well, we're making more money, But they're also they don't have the people who are contributing to the product.
Speaker 4: And a news department needs needs to have people.
Speaker 5: You need a human factor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you need You need people, and not just people, you need people who know what's going on. And John Caldera has a great column that I have on today's blog about the the sort of uncuriousness of local journalists when it comes to finding out if their newsrooms have any political diversity when it comes to ideology. Uncuriousness, uncuriousness. I may have made that word out at the point. John, he said it typical, says CPR. He said, look, you know forty something percent of Coloradin's voted for Trump. How many in your newsroom voted for Trump?
Speaker 1: Well it's not just that, but why ask the question why, what's behind and then figure out anything? You have to be curious. You should be curious to find out everything. Doesn't matter what your political affiliation. Mandy, you gave me one of the highest compliments. Actually, it was your listeners years ago that said, we never know how Susan Witkin votes.
Speaker 4: I don't know what her political affiliation is. It's leave it at the door and.
Speaker 1: Have the find out what the reason is behind everything. You should just be driving down the street and say, well, how did those we to have these.
Speaker 4: Really cool license plates?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 1: They were the mountains on them, right, and now you have black license plates and red license plates.
Speaker 4: You know, wait, what how did that happen?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 15: Who gave the right?
Speaker 1: And then all of a sudden they're popping up. I mean that's mundane, right, that doesn't affect your life. But what else is out there that is affecting your life and the reason why behind it?
Speaker 4: I already have video on the blog today about CBS News. They're doing their roundtable what was underreported? And one of the reporters, Jan Crawford said, obviously Biden's mental decline was underreported and and that to me, that story the way that the media not that I expected the media to go beating down the door to the White House, but they never even asked the question.
Speaker 5: I did expect that. I expect my media to beat down the door.
Speaker 10: I expect the newspeople to find out what the what the deal is not you know, be passive about it because he's an old man and has to be the president.
Speaker 5: I want them on the story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's of journalism. Or died with Mike Wallace?
Speaker 1: I mean to you can you can compare, where's the comparison in contrast, how was he four or five, eight years ago?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: Do all these different things find out as opposed to just well, we're just not going to talk about it.
Speaker 5: It will go away. I teach you all the time.
Speaker 10: And she gets irritated at me, but she'll make a comment about something and I'll break in with, Okay, here's the you know, the their motivation that you don't know about, or here's other things that you don't know about, this situation that they're you know, they're secretly trying to move this way, and this is the facade they're putting up, you know, And it just falls into the same category.
Speaker 4: I just think that Susan, your type of journalism is in one way dying, but in another way reinventing itself. In other places, I was talking about the free press. There are journalists who are leaving the institutions but continuing to do great work, whether it's on a substack or whether it's on some other site. So it's like, I can't say I'm hopeful right now, but there is hope.
Speaker 1: There is, you know, and I and I hope you're right. I hope you're right. I hope that people at the ques age to find you know, to start looking for the information, the correct information. And if you're not going you're going to listen to one thank you, you have to make sure that you also listen to other places.
Speaker 4: Right, because you're it's really really important. Susan Wicken is our guest. And now when we come back, I have another guest that's going to be joining us by phone. This is from the wayback Machine. Okay, so if you are a long time listener to this program, wait for the payoff you are about to get next. Keep it right here on KOA.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Cuddle.
Speaker 15: Nine God.
Speaker 4: Study a nice It's through baby Connell Keith sadding Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to the third hour of a show that's going nowhere. This is the most Striinfeld show I've ever had. It is a show about nothing. But I've got my husband Chuck in here, the Q, my daughter's in here. Susan Wickin is in here for the moment. And now I want to bring to you a blast from the past. A voice many of you may remember is one of the funniest interns to ever intern anywhere that the dead to me in turn, welcome back to the show, my friend.
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 7: Hey, Hey, good to be back.
Speaker 6: I'm doing well. How are you?
Speaker 9: Guys?
Speaker 4: We're doing great, little bit more boring here without you, and they pretty much destroyed any opportunity to get interns at this point for my Heart Media. I'm not saying you've ruined it, but I'm just saying there was an impact after you left. Now where are you now? What are you doing? Let's give us an update on your life. Last we heard you were going off to marry the lovely Sarah. You were living somewhere in Florida doing fancy things that I was mocking you for. What's going on now?
Speaker 7: That's still pretty much going on.
Speaker 6: Great marriage successful.
Speaker 7: Still bouncing around between here in Florida and Boston. And let's see, I don't know.
Speaker 6: We'orking at a nonprofit doing some crazy stuff for an animal rescue.
Speaker 7: And still doing some fancy.
Speaker 6: Well the rescue is based in O'calla, Florida. Yeah, I stay out of there as much as I can.
Speaker 4: That is my that's my old stomping rounds.
Speaker 9: Matt.
Speaker 4: I'm from like forty five minutes north of Okalla, So don't walk my part of the state.
Speaker 7: I'm I'm sure forty five minutes away is nice.
Speaker 5: So Cala is there, now I'm.
Speaker 10: With you there.
Speaker 6: What is there any good food in Okaala?
Speaker 4: Well, it depends on what you like. I mean, if you like fried chicken and southern food, then yes, there's a ton of it. Okay. If you're looking for bougie like pinkies out food, probably not, Matt, what do you rescuing?
Speaker 7: Rescuing?
Speaker 6: A great question.
Speaker 7: Hi, Susan. By the way, Hello Doll, Hello, I'm rescuing.
Speaker 6: It's a large animill rescue, so.
Speaker 7: Horses, cows, anything big that needs rescuing.
Speaker 6: Antelope Campmel's.
Speaker 5: Have they been there a long time?
Speaker 6: They started in Lexington, Kentucky actually, so you might know him from there as well.
Speaker 7: But it's been maybe maybe.
Speaker 6: Okla, maybe three or five years and like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, we have a really good friend there that I'll connect. He's with the chamber there and he's a great guy, and maybe I can connect you with him and he can tell you where the good restaurants are. You freaking snob. How's your lovely wife? How's your lovely wife is? She's still doing her horse stuff.
Speaker 6: Too, she's doing her horse stuff. She's yeah, we're bouncing around. Uh, I'm getting I'm developing an eye for horses. I know, I'm looking at.
Speaker 7: I know, uh, you know, looking at the hind end, which ones are going to jump high and far?
Speaker 6: And so we're getting really into that.
Speaker 10: What I what I'm listening to is you're checking out horsebuts the hind end.
Speaker 5: That's your new passion horse butts.
Speaker 4: Here's a fun fact about my time in O Califlorida. One of my clients in O Califlorida was a person who procured and then delivered horse semen to to uh, to fertilize other horses around the country. Short and like really high end race I mean like fifty thousand dollars works of you know semen. And and of course my first question was huge, and how do you get that?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: And and I learned that I did not see it. I didn't feel the need for a demonstration, per se. But it is just what you'd think it was. So that was that was my experience in O Califlorida. And you're you're here asking about restaurants.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess perspective. Perspective is a big thing that's a dream job though. That's come on for whatever that is.
Speaker 12: Mat.
Speaker 4: I got to ask you your your boy Tom Brady is now in the broadcast booth, and and he's not he's not getting the best reviews as of late. What what is your take? Have you been able to watch him call the game? Oh yeah, oh yeah?
Speaker 6: So what do you do?
Speaker 4: You sit there and do you wear Tom Brady's shirt while he's calling the game or I mean, what's do you still have the same love for him? Hello, he's speechless.
Speaker 6: I was speechless there you Uh no, As you know, I followed Tom Brady when he left the Patriots. I became a huge buccaneer. Yes, I was actually always a lifelong book you, but sure I leaned into it.
Speaker 4: Wow and the right.
Speaker 7: I don't know what people were talking about.
Speaker 6: I listen, I hear a golden voice. Angel brought giving unbelievable insight into the game of football like you've never heard before when he broadcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, people think he sucks. Yeah I can't.
Speaker 6: I don't know what people are listening. They must be they must be listening to Romo and they think it's Grady or something. Yeah, Brady is amazing.
Speaker 10: You know, Mat, it's really glad to hear that you haven't changed, haven't changed it all. How's your love affair with Hillary going?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 7: Well, that that that's fizzled. But you know, oh that's right.
Speaker 4: Let me let me explain where that came from. So we hypnotized Matt on the show one time and had him convinced that he was looking at naked pictures of Hillary Clinton, and he liked it. And and then and and also Matt made a bet on a game. I believe it was the Anty Championship if I do recall correctly, and please direct me if I'm wrong, that he did lost, and we brought in a henna tattoo artist to tattoo the score on his forehead and the back of his hands. Already had to go to class for his International relations master's degree. So that is one of the reasons Matt will always be beloved in my heart. As interns go, you're like right up there, Matt. Honestly, I've had a lot of interns, but you are the top dog.
Speaker 6: I'll take it.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 6: That's that's nice. I wish you know it didn't include having a henna tattoo on my forehead in the middle of taking a final Damn, he.
Speaker 10: Doesn't mind you're looking at naked pictures of.
Speaker 1: Matt.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's correct.
Speaker 4: Are you Are you at your mom and dad's house right now? I am, and we'll Damn we're celebrating. What are you guys doing tonight for New Year's Eve? Something fun? Now you're old and married, though, so it is probably not as fun.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 6: It's less fun than a US think. Uh, just having some people over and getting the champagne going, that's about it. No, it's yeah, No, the bars in veil.
Speaker 7: I'm up in veil. It's like it's like a zoo.
Speaker 6: Yeah, tonight, so I will be steering clear of that. Although yeah, a few years ago I would have been all over it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, getting a doesn't it, doesn't it? Yeah, I'd rather I like this better. Well, I got to tell you I do too, because I'll be asleep by ten o'clock to night on my couch. But are my sweatpants. I'm I'm gonna try and make it till ten. I feel good about that. I add doing that o'clock. Can Matt do me a favor? Next time you come through Denver, you better reach out and come see me.
Speaker 6: I will do that, will do that.
Speaker 4: I know it's been a while, it's been a long while. Give your mom and dad my very best, especially your mom, and a big hud to your lovely wife for putting up with you all these years. I will do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she appreciates that.
Speaker 4: All right, man, I'll you soon.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 4: Happy New Year, man, Happy New Year to Matt the Dead to me in turn, all right, now, I'll talk to you later, my friend. All Right, Matt the Dead to me back one more time. We will be back and when I have back, when we get back, I have some questions. It's an ask me anything. And I have some questions for Q. And I have a question for Chuck. I might have a question for Susan.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: We're gonna find out next.
Speaker 15: Happy New Year from KOA.
Speaker 5: The Countdown at twenty twenty five is in bull Swing.
Speaker 4: iHeartRadio and ABC bring you Dick Clark's The New Year's the Rocket Eve.
Speaker 16: Join me, Ryan ccrest and my calls Rita Ara.
Speaker 5: Live from Times Square.
Speaker 4: A Lentis Mori, set Blake Shelby, carry.
Speaker 17: Under What Kesha, Lenny Kradits, Louis Fonsi, Brende, Wrap.
Speaker 4: Teddy Swims, DLC and more take the stage.
Speaker 15: It's a night Starting at.
Speaker 11: Seven, It's America's biggest countdown party of the year, Dick Clark's New Year's Broccan East Blatch on ABC.
Speaker 12: As we head into holiday season, it's holiday party season and you enjoy hanging out with friends and family if Thanksgiving or Christmas or Hanukkah, and you might even like your company holiday party, but maybe you don't enjoy it as much as you could because your smile is letting you down. Well, the great dentists at Aspenwood Dental are here to help so that you don't have to hide your smile or suffer through a toothache during these fun times. And remember too, that dental insurance benefits don't roll over to the next year, So get in touch with Aspenwood Dental today and get that check up and cleaning while it's covered by insurance. And the good folks at Aspenwood can help your smile look great, get you back to smiling in public, showing your friends and family and colleagues that you really enjoy hanging out.
Speaker 5: With them, or at least you can fake it really well, if that's your thing.
Speaker 12: Of course, by getting your check up now, you can find small dental problems and fix them before they become big and expensive problems.
Speaker 5: And again, your benefits don't roll over.
Speaker 12: So make that appointment today, get started at Aspenwood Dental dot com.
Speaker 17: Then the new year is here, and if you're like many of us, you're going to make a resolution to improve your health. But if you're feeling sluggish and low energy, if your sleep patterns are off, if you've been working out and aren't seeing the games you used to see, making that resolution may not be so easy. This is Jeff for the Rocky Mountain Men's Clinic, and if you're feeling the way I just described, we can likely help you with that resolution because those symptoms probably mean you're suffering with low testosterone, and at the Rocky Mountain Men's Clinic we're experts in treating this condition with our low t protocols. If you're like most men, the change will astound you. You'll feel more energy and better mental clarity, your sleep will improve, your workouts will be better, and you'll likely find your sex drive goes up as well. So call us today and get treated for your low t Your initial visit is only ninety nine dollars and includes bloodwork and a medical consult and if you start on testosterone the day of your appointment, your visit is free. Call seven to zero four to four zero seventy nine hundred or go to Rocky Mountain Mensclinic dot com.
Speaker 4: We have five offices across the front range to serve you.
Speaker 17: Rocky Mountain Men's Clinic a promenic restorative health practice.
Speaker 16: This season, Chevy brings classic pairings cookies and milk, missiletoe and kisses, and your holiday plans. And a new Chevy Silverado fifty hundred gives you power and capability with four hundred and thirty pound feet of torque to haul your holiday tree. The Equinox EV and all new Equinox America's best compact SUV for new Vehicle Quality by JD Power offer both confidence and style to see you through the holiday season. It's easy to see why Chevy makes everything better and brighter.
Speaker 18: Find your red Tag gives zero percent APR financing for thirty six months and select popular Chevy models when you finance with GM Financial. See your Colorado Chevy Dealer Award based on twenty twenty four models for Jdpower twenty twenty four US and there's quality study ward information. Visit jdpower dot com Slash Awards offer available on all twenty twenty five Equinox in twenty twenty four Equinox EV, Blazer EV and Selverado EV models. Monthly payment is twenty seven seventy eight fur thy one thousand dollars. You Finance example down payment is twenty six twinty percent. Let's find its with GM Financial. Some customers may not qualify the available to please sand Some other offers take you rettal every by one two twenty five.
Speaker 4: This is what it's like when I say at hold by myself, I just talked to.
Speaker 15: Myself the Mandy Connell Show.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I talk back.
Speaker 15: Sometimes I don't joa get up to a.
Speaker 11: Thirty percent upfront bonus to use for your retirement income or up to twelve percent per year to help grow your retirement income. Whether you're in retirement or will be retiring within ten years. Trajan Wealth can offer some of the highest guarantees in the business. I'm Jeff Junior with Trajan Wealth, and I know no one wants to work forever. We all need to retire someday, and I know you've worked hard for your money.
Speaker 5: So now is the time to guarantee it.
Speaker 11: Take advantage of up to a thirty percent upfront bonus for your retirement income, or up to twelve percent per year for retirement income. Don't would a should a kuda get up to a thirty percent bonus just for opening an account, or up to twelve percent per year for retirement income. Don't leave your retirement to chance. Retire the right way, the Trajan way with Trajan Wealth. Call Trajan today at seven two zero four zero five thirty three hundred. That's seven two zero or zero five thirty three hundred.
Speaker 16: I know he guarantees are based on a clean pangabilly of usually insurance company DA most sakes, that's Tradge Wealth Insurance Solutions.
Speaker 4: I'm calling this meeting of the Regent Revolution Fan Club to I'm here with doctor Paul Betoni, a fellow patient at Regen Revolution. Doctor Paul, tell me what took you to Regen Revolution in the first place.
Speaker 19: Well, actually it was my dental classmate. I talked to him, what are you up to? I said, I'm thinking about doing stem cells for I need I don't want surgery, and he said, well, I did it ten years ago for a shoulders. He said, I've been paining for you. He said, you sold me. I hung up with him and called to reach in and tell me about the pain you were in my right knee. It's a little bone on bone on the on the lateral side, but the medial side was killing me. And I definitely didn't want to do surgery.
Speaker 4: So tell me about the difference between before and after the treatments at Regent Revolution. No pain free.
Speaker 19: Took about a month before I got my stem cells, and then I says it's going to take two or three months for it to kick in. And it kicked in and it's been pain free for a couple of months now.
Speaker 4: Doctor Paul, thanks for coming to the fan club meeting and if you want to live pain free, schedule your free consultation by calling three oh three two ninety two ninety nine ninety two or find him online at regenrev dot com.
Speaker 20: Chris Houer from Macaway Common Spirit Studio, Hey, this is Peyton Manning. Common Spirit Health supports our communities by combining medical expertise with the healing power of humanity. Learn more. At Mountain dot Common Spirit dot org and go brocos.
Speaker 4: All right, we're back. We got a studio full of people. I got the chuck, my husband, the Q, my daughter, the Susan Wickin, my beloved friend and former newsperson. Someone just hit this, Susan. Susan teased the story about wedding crashing. We'd love to hear about. It's always amazing what you guys remember. Susan one day on the program just reveals after knowing her for years, she's a very respectable woman. She's very active in her organization. She very important, has held very important positions on board.
Speaker 5: He's a community leader.
Speaker 4: She is a community leader. And Susan announced to everyone on the show that she likes to crash weddings for the cake. Oh yes, of course that's not even the best part you've done this.
Speaker 1: It's the video that she old for a dozen probably and the best part, which what's really important about doing that is that then you go to the photographer, Yes, and you make sure that you get your picture taken by the photographer at the wedding so that the bride and groom later on they're going, wait, who is this?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 10: I was rolling on the floor when you told the story about making a video saying.
Speaker 1: I love you guys, top, I was sure, absolutely, they're like I thought they were on your son.
Speaker 4: I thought they were on your sign. Yeah, that's probably Uncle Bob's day. Sure, yeah, she's so shady. Great, all right, que somebody asked you a question, A question for Q. What was your perception of the whole election process for the presidency. I didn't pay attention. I like, if I can't avoid it, I will. Did they talk about it at all in school? Because she's a sophomore in high school now.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: Not not really.
Speaker 8: When my teacher talks about things that are related to like elections, it's like elections in the eighteen hundreds, and he has very strong opinions about who should have won. And it's if I had to deal with that while this election was going on, I would have torn my own hair out because it would have been in suffer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ask you anything? What is the up and coming music that your parents enjoy? Like you should have asked us that texture come on? Well yet I love Yeah.
Speaker 8: If I could think of names and not just faces.
Speaker 5: Chapelle, what is her name? Okay, I can't remember the name.
Speaker 4: And then we've got Kelsey Ballerini, big fan there. She introduced me to The Wallows, which I never heard of. We went to see them at Red Rocks. Lord Huron's good. Let's see who else? Who else is in the Taylor family?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 4: Serena Carpenter. I like Sabrina Carpenter, but not I. I don't love her.
Speaker 8: I don't think I've played Conan Gray for either of you guys, because I played some of it. I've played a couple that were in heart Stopper, but like a lot of the ones that I know are really depressing, and so I just don't play them.
Speaker 4: Because you like a beat music.
Speaker 5: Someone it's a country artist that I actually think.
Speaker 4: Aaron that was her top song for Spotify this year was.
Speaker 10: Actually sounds country where most of the country now sounds.
Speaker 8: Literally said the opposite to me, like, I know I should be What music of your parents do you like? She listened to a lot of stuff I all of Like half of the music that I listened to has come from either like artists I follow on Instagram that aren't like mainstream, which that sounds kind of shallow, but music like it's either that or I find it from TV shows. It's like, it's very That's why I've found lord here on because the night we met is like the most important song in thirteen reasons Why so so?
Speaker 4: But didn't answer our music, Dad and I music.
Speaker 15: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I have like three tears for fear songs. I know you We'll take it because I'm a little Ricky Martin.
Speaker 10: She likes, she likes to live in Leviv the loco. What's the other one? You play every once in a while, Bobby Brown?
Speaker 4: But you know, not prerogative.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I know one song and I haven't heard it for a long time, except for those times where he's like, play something.
Speaker 4: I like, and so I just play that.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I banned it from Bobby Brown for a while. That was the one song she kept playing.
Speaker 4: I couldn't think of other songs.
Speaker 15: All right.
Speaker 4: It doesn't ask me anything, And since Susan's here, you can ask her anything too. I have a question for my family, and that is, are either of you setting goals for twenty twenty five?
Speaker 5: Well I am.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing resolutions. I'm done with resolutions. Resolutions are stupid, Yeah they are. My goal is to come in here and annoy you on the air as often as well. That is not going to happen. Okay, you know, are kiddinges?
Speaker 8: So someone make a bingo card of things that they want to do in like the new year, so that way they can just cross it off rather than going to the end of the year and being like, oh, I haven't done any of the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I would like to do that. I am I don't really have like I would.
Speaker 8: I would like to put doors back on my closet.
Speaker 4: That would be you know what, picky, picky, picky, It's fine. It has like my dog them off, put them on, take him off, put them on. Yeah, okay, what will be on your bingo card? I I don't know one thing. That's just one thing. Get your braces off. Sure, you put things on there that you know are going to happen, and then you have the satisfaction of why I think you got.
Speaker 10: A couple of things you know are going to happen, But you gotta put some stuff on there.
Speaker 7: You have to.
Speaker 4: Oh no, but you've got to get to throw yourself a bone. Man, Will you put on your bingo card? I am going to write this damn book that is in my head that is a thing that is going to happen to do that too. I also am trying to start doing more speaking, and I'd love to do that. So if you're listening and you have an organization I can speak to, I'd love to come speak to you. Here you go. What we should try to get the podcast?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were little. Yeah, I'm looking forward to He's ready. I just don't have time to edit it. So I got to teach her how to do the editing so she can do it.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 4: These are all good things. Love it listening, audience. We'll get his on the way. We'll get We'll get his on the other side because I'm out of time. If you want to text in your goals for twenty twenty five or what's going to be on your bingo card, I love that idea. We'll do that next.
Speaker 5: It's great.
Speaker 4: We've got the queue, We've got my husband, Chuck. Chuck. You have to tell people what's going to be on your twenty twenty five bingo card. Shop. My inquiring minds want to know. Nice.
Speaker 10: My main thing is getting out of the house, and I've had some injuries over the last couple of years where I haven't been able to go hiking through the incline. And I am feeling pretty good thanks to Dana, our trainer. Yes, and she has been kicking my butt literally three times a week for.
Speaker 4: The last I don't know how long, and it's making a difference.
Speaker 5: It's making a huge difference. And I'm ready to get out and get in the woods.
Speaker 4: Just got this text bingo card heading to Korea and Japan with you and Chuck. That's from Tim and Melissa Hansome.
Speaker 10: Oh I see now, love Melissa. By the way, they also said they're going to Tanzania with us.
Speaker 4: Oh good Mandy. What travel company are you using for the Japan trip. I'm just going to do a little sales pitch right now because it's after Christmas. Maybe you got a Christmas bonus you want to spend it on some fabulous go with us. In June, we are flying to South Korea. We're going to spend a day in seld and we are hopping on a beautiful celebrity ship and we are sailing around Japan for total love.
Speaker 5: But we still go to Korea. We go to change your land.
Speaker 4: I just said that. Then we're sailing around Japan. You can find out more at Mandyconnell trip dot com Mandyconnald trip dot com. There's still it has to be booked, like in the next month, okay, and then it needs to happen. So if you want to go with us, check it out. It's going to be just incredible, incredible experience.
Speaker 10: So the answer to your question is Cruise and Tour. Yes, is the name of the company Cruse hyphen Tour dot com. Yep. And for those of you who went to France with Ross Kaminsky and I go on this trip because you get to see my my big little brother coming on it.
Speaker 5: And my nephew, yes who's listening right now, Happy New Year.
Speaker 4: And nephew Pat. So the que will have someone to play with.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, he's only forty, but that her cousin is.
Speaker 4: Coming, so now she'll have somebody to play with.
Speaker 8: He calls me his niece, and like Sam calls me her niece as well, and like I will be in the middle of a conversation and one of them will be like my niece and I'm like cousin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's in between two generations. Yeah, so here's one for you, Chuck. First of all, somebody said you have a great radio voice. And then Sandy asked Chuck what his highest military award is and what it's for. Oh, well, kill I mean, for me, I would say the biggest one is the purple heart. Yeah, because that one was earned in a negative way, but at least he was noticed and recognized for surviving. I mean, isn't that what a purple heart's all about? A couple of times, yeah, I's And the short story.
Speaker 10: I know I've been asked to say this story on the air, but we don't have time, so we'll do that some other day. But the short story is, watch the movie Black hawk Down that happened October third of ninety three. I had a smaller incident that wasn't as brutal as that, but nobody was killed in our incident, and me and my partner were ambushed right outside the beginning of black hawk Down, they show the stadium. We got ambushed right outside the stadium. I got shot a lot, and my buddy lost to sight in his eye. And that's the short story. So that's what the purple hearts for. I have another one for being stabbed, but that's a totally different story. That's not even dramatic. I mean, that's just like a thing. He just got stabbed. It's fine, it's fine, nothing to worry about.
Speaker 4: That one didn't leave as many blasting marks as the Somalia incident, which left a lot of lasting marks. So, Mandy, what popcorn do you like? I'll be happy to share that with you. First of all, you have to have the Adam popper, yes, popcorn maker that goes on the stovetop. I am anti microwave popcorn. And then I use Bob's Red Mill white popcorn. It is so delicious and so fantastic, and I usually have to order it on Amazon because I can't find it in the stores anymore.
Speaker 5: And it's amazing.
Speaker 4: I use ghee. I use gee to cook the popcorn, so it just gets a little shade of butter, but not gooey and gross, just a little shade of butter as it goes in the popper. And it is just we're so magical.
Speaker 10: We have a giant thing of popcorn salt that we refill our popcorn salt.
Speaker 5: Like a big Morton popcorn salt.
Speaker 8: Does to get from how Dad lost his finger to popcorn.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the Many Call Show. I'm like I don't know if you've heard of us before. I want to ask this. I need a chuck and I are watching the best show right now. This is completely random. Yes, it is The Lioness with Zoe Saldano. It is amazing, so good and so stressed. But I need to know from listeners, like what are you guys watching, because we're going to watch the other six episodes of it tonight. That's my plan for New Year's Eve? What are you gonna do on New Year I'm gonna wach six episodes of Lioness. I need more shows. I love The Diplomat, although it might be late to the party on that one.
Speaker 7: Is that kid?
Speaker 8: Is that it is?
Speaker 5: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: It is on Netflix though the moment just told me about.
Speaker 2: This, I think.
Speaker 1: And also I've been watching Shrinking. We're finishing up Shrinking. Okay, that is Carrie Russell. I love Carrie The Diplomat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a really really good show.
Speaker 10: And well, we've watched one episode of Yellowstone, but I think we might kick that off and actually it's over now.
Speaker 5: I know watching.
Speaker 4: Did you watch Drinking? Uh no, what is drinking? Drinking is with the same guys that Ted lasso. Okay, that that Apple TV, though it is. I don't I'm not buying another subscription. Okay, they're not happening. Yeah for Susan, who is your favorite host on KOA? No pressure? Oh literally, he says, no pressure really? Oh yeah, you don't have to I silence, thank you. You know, of course it's some Mandy Connell show. Yeah, I'd follow you anywhere. Ralph says being a survivor of anything regarding Somalia is an epic feat.
Speaker 5: Yes, you know what.
Speaker 4: We when we were in Switzerland last year. So we got to Switzerland and our bags didn't arrive and it was a complete cluster in Geneva. We're flyingto Geneva, but we're staying in Loasan, which is like half an hour away. Our plan was just hoped the train right, because the trains in Switzerland are great. But by the time we got there, we were so tired and so irritable. I said, I'm calling an uber. I'm just calling an uber. I don't want to have to deal with the train. I don't have to figure it out. I just want to call an uber. We call an uber. This guy comes and picks us up in a Mercedes, because everybody in Uber drives the Mercedes, so you feel fancy even though you're just in an Uber. We start talking to him, as we do, we kind of talk to every Uber driver we have. We're chatty passengers. And we find out he is Somalian and chucks that out. Oh yeah, I lost a finger in Somalia, and the guy goes, really when, So they start talking to the guy says, I might have been one of the kids shooting at you.
Speaker 5: It was like ten and what did he do?
Speaker 4: He turned off the mat, the meter and for free.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he would not.
Speaker 10: So he attributed the American soldiers coming into Somalia as saving his life. He now has four kids and a family who lives in Switzerland.
Speaker 4: He was adopted by a Swiss couple when he was like twelve. Yeah, he told us about what the warlords did. The warlords would give the these are children, Okay, he was say nine, ten years old. They give him methamphetamine, and they get them hooked on methamphetamine, and then they ordered them, while they're high on meth to go kill their family, and they did. And now the only family they have are the warlord and the gangs. Right, and so it was. It was fascinating. It gave me so fascinating. But you talked to hearing your story, Yeah it is, it's chilling.
Speaker 5: It was amazing. We're in the cab.
Speaker 10: You know, it could have gone either way with me saying that, you know I was in Somalia because he may, you know, have been a person who hated the Americans there. Yeah, so I was very COGNI cautious, incognizant of what I was saying to him.
Speaker 4: So well, I got a couple lots of people saying, we got to watch lad Man, which is another Taylor Sheridan show, which Zoe Saldano's Taylor Sheridan as well. So we got to watch Landman. Here's one Chuck, do you find it hard to get a tan living in your wife's shadow? Chuck is the one holding the spotlight. And I mean that in the nicest possible ways. I said this the other day. This is what Kat was saying in the Chuck is my biggest fan, and he is my biggest cheerleader, and he is the guy whenever I say hey we should, He's like immediately like, I think that's a dumb idea. But what can I do to help. He is the reason that I can do this and still have a family and still enjoy my life. Because he takes care of everything that is not on this show.
Speaker 5: I don't have to go to a job, so that helps out.
Speaker 4: I am a job.
Speaker 5: Point full time, retired when we got here, and you know.
Speaker 4: What, you've produced this lovely young lady here. Yeah, very true.
Speaker 5: She's got a smile on her face today. Wait till tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry I had to type somebody what kind of popcorn that was? So yeah, we have a little bit of busy work. First of all, if you're going to watch the game on Sunday, got good news. Pat Mahomes isn't starting. Several other chiefs are not starting because they've already locked up you know, their position in the playoffs. So that bodes well for the Broncos. But that's not why you should watch them.
Speaker 10: Oh no, you get to be on Chuck's drinking game. Yes, Chuck is running the parabolic mic at the game. So here's the deal. If you're watching the game and you see on the sidelines and you see me, I'm in one of the vests and I'm a big guy. You can't miss me and you see me, you have to take a drink or whatever. You're drinking the whole game. And do you know who's on the screen all the time in those games, all the guys standing on the fiece. So get your case of beer, you know. But I will say, are you doing this Sunday? Good game Sunday with the Kansas City. I will say this, drink responsibly. Don't be driving after you? Yeah, exactly driving after the Chuck football drinking game.
Speaker 5: But uh, that's a good way. Look for me. I'll look for you. I won't be able to see you, but you know I want.
Speaker 4: The game and look for Chuck, big bald guy. Can't miss him? Really? And why I say can't miss him? I mean can't miss him. Yeah, I'm gonna say goodbye.
Speaker 7: Are you leaving?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna leave you? You are said you are chicken. I use this game. I am so glad, quietly and noting how disappointing. Yes you want to stay for the day?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 8: Uh Q.
Speaker 4: What is the thing that you are glad? You don't have to look at anymore? In twenty twenty five, what are you glad?
Speaker 9: Is over?
Speaker 4: In twenty twenty four, my freshman year of Yeah, that's so yes, it is over. You never have to. But I cannot even tell you how many people texted Landman on the text line I'm talking over paramount it is. I don't think. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe next that's a paramount plus Operation Paramount.
Speaker 4: Okay, we have paramom plus.
Speaker 2: Oh I do too.
Speaker 4: I have that Tulsa King we're already watching, which is so good.
Speaker 5: And they got rid of the Old Man, which was good.
Speaker 4: I was so bummed out about that. Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow. Only two seasons and they're only like six episodes each, but so flipping good, and they canceled it.
Speaker 10: Uh, the Old Man really really think that Netflix. I've seen lab Man, I have seen the previous.
Speaker 4: Billy about Fort Mandy or Susan. Can I be your date at the next wedding crash?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Totally. You know you should schedule that. Sure, you should. You should schedule that. We have to find them sometimes are tough. Yeah, a little discerning on cake.
Speaker 10: We should have people submit what their wedding date is and then you not tell anybody and see if they catch you.
Speaker 4: That would be fantastic. I like that, but you'd have to carry around a little speaker that just played that didn't.
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 4: Only one time? My daughter and I got caught. What did you get? Did you get hauled out? What happen is that we got there the best man sauce. He goes, h and who are you?
Speaker 7: Who are you?
Speaker 4: And we kind of looked and I had to admit it. I said, well, we really came for cake. He goes, come on, what do you want to drink? The bar's open, I swear. See that's the other thing to do was to drink. Susan doesn't drink or eat. She just eats the cake.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 4: Oh, she's not like busting through a bar or anything like that. She's not money, she's not being Vince Vaughn and Winny Cratchers. No, she's just having the cake. I just want the cake, Just the cake. Can I be there for the cake?
Speaker 15: Why?
Speaker 5: Yogi?
Speaker 4: Landman is so good? Yes, I just have to. We have to watch Landman. That's now. We're gonna put it in right after the Lioness to find that out. All right, guys, tomorrow we are off, but I'm going to tell you something to do tomorrow. Tomorrow. Just go to the internet, go to Twitter, or x dot com. And look at all of the images that people are making of Jared Polis using rock. It has been the most entertaining day on X at groc is X's new AI and you can make images with groc now. And now there's one now Jared Polis with a giant egghead. I didn't even get to the egg situation. Okay, the egg situation is horrible. And if you have gone to buy eggs, you may have seen empty shelves or you're seeing eggs for twelve dollars a dozen again. Oh oh, yes, it's happening right now. Yes, the official shift to all KG three is happening right now in Colorado. So I went to buy eggs and I was like, what the deuce is going on? So I belong to a Facebook food group. It's a dumb little group. There's people from all over the country. I've been in it for seven or eight years, maybe even longer. Everybody is from all over and I do informal polls in my Facebook food group, and I asked just All I said was what is the egg situation? Where you are? Where are you and what is the egg situation? Unless you live in a democratically controlled state or a democratic democratically controlled city. There is no egg shortage. People are finding eggs left and right there. If their prices are high, there may be thirty cents to a dollar more than they normally would be. There is avian flu in the country.
Speaker 8: We know this.
Speaker 4: Ironically, cage free eggs spread avian flu faster because the chickens are not segregated unless you give them tons of antibiotics. So the cage free eggs that most people are gonna be buying in Colorado are gonna be pumped full of antibiotics because they're trying to stop the spread of avian flu. But it is democratically controlled states Michigan, California, Colorado that are having a complete shortage because they've all gone to cage free eggs and no one can get them now. So all of these people have been posting on x dot com because I made a post and it's been seen by like seventy five thousand people now about this is what happens when people make laws so they feel good about themselves. And I'm not gonna lie. I buy really expensive eggs, I buy the happy eggs, I buy pasture raised eggs. They are a massive part of our diet, so I spend a lot of money on that. You should, guys start owning chickens.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 4: I freaking hate chickens, and I hate them because I was attacked multiple times as a child buy chickens trying to collect eggs so hard pass I have no interest. Stop laughing here. I wanted to feel like sad for men. Can you envision that in your head?
Speaker 1: In my thought bubble, I've got Mandy running from chickens.
Speaker 4: Running away from that brought me so bad that I thought I was gonna have to have stitches on the back of my leg. I hate roosters, so I don't want to have to lay the eggs. But you have to have a rooster to get the egg. Well, that's true, you know, unless they're transgender. I'm glad my pain could make you laugh as hard as it just did. What is wrong with you?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 10: So this movie, or this showed land Man has two great I mean, it has a bunch of great actors, but it has Ali Larder I love Ellie I like her too, and Mark Coley the singer.
Speaker 5: That's fantastic. Here, I'm into this.
Speaker 4: The other thing that I meant to mention today, And this is exactly how much time I'm gonna be giving this going forward. So President Jimmy Carter has passed away. He should be remembered for his work with Habitat for humanity and as a godly man. And that's all I'm gonna have to say about Jimmy Carter. Moving on, we will be back on what is today? By the way, what day is it? Tuesday? It's Tuesdays, okay, So we'll be back for a full week Thursday and Friday. After that. That's all I can do. After all these days off, I can't work any more than two days in a row. It's going to be a struggle the following week to see how I pull it out. But I think I'll be okay, you know what, Maybe a little lie down, maybe a little nappy on the couch over there. I don't know. We'll have to wait and see. But now it's time for the most exciting segment all the radio of its guy who's still not great. They I'm just saying of the day, not the best And Susan, you can participate or you can sit quietly and look adorable cry thank you, Susan Wickin say oh, Nick Ferguson, coming in the se We got a full house, Nick, we got a full house.
Speaker 2: You can go.
Speaker 4: You can go in there to the call screener station if you want to pop on right there, do it, Nick Ferguson, All right, what is our dad joke of the day? Zach is pinch hitting for Jesse Thomas, who was ever done of the day? So Zach is in to handle this part of the show. What do you got for us? Dad joke?
Speaker 14: Whise there, Zach? Uh dad joke of the day? Why do turkeys play percussion?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: I know it?
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 5: They have drumsticks?
Speaker 4: Oh? Very nice and not a great joke.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: The portrait monument, located in the US Capitol, features bus of three women. Who are the three women? I have no idea this. You're in ap history this year. My teacher doesn't teach. Oh, well that's the good. I know the woman who actually wrote the AP history. If you don't know this, you're not gonna guess it. So I'm gonna give it to you. Lucretia Mott, Elizabeth Katie Stanton and Susan B. Anthony, three Suffragettes, who influenced the woman? Yeah, hang on, let me write everybody down? All right? Is Nick playing? Is he on the mic? Okay? Perfect?
Speaker 5: Are you playing?
Speaker 7: Or are you playing?
Speaker 3: Nick?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Turn Nick's mic on? There you go?
Speaker 2: Can you do it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Turn it on.
Speaker 5: He doesn't have headphones.
Speaker 4: You can't do it. Well, no, you can't do it? Sorry, sorry, buddy? All right? What is our Jeopardy category of the day? I didn't do. Do we do word of today?
Speaker 8: What do you do?
Speaker 4: Word of the day? What is that word of the day today is zeitgeist?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 7: That is like the.
Speaker 4: Gosh, how do you define that? Zest is like someone who is the top of something like that. They're a star. They the pinnacle of something? Am I around it? Definitely?
Speaker 14: That's kind of what I would have gone with to their definition here is Zeitgeist refers to the general beliefs, ideas, and spirit of a time and place.
Speaker 4: I had that completely wrong my whole life. I think is there another definition? They only have the one right here on marrionwebster dot com. The Senates af the artists songs perfectly captured the zeitgeist to nineteen I was woodstock. I have been using that word wrong. For I don't even know how long now so often exactly what is our Jeopardy category? Now the fifty states?
Speaker 8: You better get this that No, that was the part of my eight push test, and I somehow managed to mix up Alabama and Mississippi.
Speaker 4: Because so much live, yeah, very much?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 2: What is you?
Speaker 7: You know how to do this?
Speaker 4: You yell Q you yell Susan, You yelled Chuck, I yell Mandy. Okay, all right?
Speaker 14: It's state song includes the words from hill to hill, from creek to creek, Potomac calls to Chesapeake, Mandy.
Speaker 4: What is Maryland? That's correct?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 14: This state leads the US in the production of uh, barley, tobacco and bourbon whiskey, manny.
Speaker 4: What is Kentucky?
Speaker 5: Correct?
Speaker 4: Technically a commonwealth, but I'm just not gonna mince you know, split hairs.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 14: It's state university system is based in Las CRUs.
Speaker 4: Susan, Susan? What is New Mexico? The day you're on the board?
Speaker 14: Native daughter Helen Keller is on the reverse of the quarter that represents this southern state.
Speaker 4: I don't know where Helen Keller was born. I want to say I think I know, but I don't want to guess. Because I'm sitting on a lead. I can't guess. I'm not going to guess. Alabama. There you go, Quinland, you wouldn't have got that.
Speaker 14: According to the statue, or according to statue, the outer circle of its state seal is a color.
Speaker 4: Called golden poppy.
Speaker 5: Gold poppy outer California.
Speaker 4: What is but I'll give that to you. Yeah, he's correct, all right?
Speaker 1: Was that it?
Speaker 4: That was the last one.
Speaker 9: With you?
Speaker 4: You guys are tight for first loser.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 4: That is an excellent of the day. Guys, Thank you for listeners for indulging me in this very ridiculous day. And I promise that when I get back on the second, I got a lot of stuff we're gonna dive pretty deeply into coming up in the new year, and it's gonna be really great. The blog today is outstanding with a lot of news wrap ups. So if you want to go to one place and find up a bunch of news wrap ups, please go to mandy'sblog dot com and check it out. Happy New Year, I hope everything. If you is safe tonight, Do not drink and drive. RTD is free through certain hours. Find another way home have a great time.
Speaker 10: And the the Mad Mothers against Druck Drivers is doing that thing where you can get a voucher if you look.
Speaker 4: There's lots of ways to not drink and drive. You them all and we'll see you on Thursday, whatever day that is. Keep it right here on Koa