Speaker 1: Meaning a light Man like this man letting butterfly flapping and wing. They've down in a forest. Man, it gonna cause the tree fall, letting five thousand miles away. Man, nobody seen nobody else.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: You don't need no man, you don't like You follow another story and you got back to flect that I still win. Man, don't like to d on the panel. Man, Man, you don't don't better, Man, I don't.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's so over, the line goes idiot, most often expressed in a somewhat joking manner, that the game busted, right, you're lost it all, there's nothing more to do. And again it's a joke, right, Most of the people saying it don't actually beat it. But there is a strong thread of pessimism on our side of things. And I understand why if you're interested in the arc of civilization, you pull the threads. You say, well, things are going badly. Now how long have they been going badly? And every group has their own answer. Is it sixty four? Is it forty four? Is it thirty four? Is it the sixteenth century? Is it the christianization of the Roman Empire? Right? We all have our own answer for where it went wrong, and look that pessimism is rational. Things are not going well. My last monologue I spoke to you about exactly that you're getting screwed. You've been getting screwed for a long time. And I think that there is a danger in pessimism. I don't mean a danger in realism, the desire to look at the cards you've been dealt and realized that, well, shoot, we don't have a lot of margin here. The consequence is for failure or dire something I've expressed over and over and over again. But the problem is when that realism morphs into despair. There's a reason that many Christian traditions have viewed despair as the sand right abandoning all hope. You look at Pilgrim's progress, the slough of despond, the swamp of despair, as we would say in our modern parlance, which is sort of like the death of the horse in the Never Ending Story, This sort of quicksand right that sucks you down and kills you. It stops your for momentum and condemns you to death. Similarly, I think of Second Kings right. It was Elijah, I believe, who called down fire from heaven completely emulate, immolated the altars of ball, killed all of his priests, and then just a few short lines later, he's in a cave by himself, asking God to kill him right. He's given up completely and totally. And again, I don't want to be a Pollyanna here. The situation is dire across the West. That's why we're all here. We recognize that things are not going well. But I think that there is this creeping feeling that it's too late, that there's nothing to be done. It's too far gone. We can't turn back. We're over the slope. We've hit the point where it's all over. But something has recently happened that is, in my mind, very hopeful, and that is the recent results out of England, the recent council elections. In the episode after this we'll go into the details how that system works, what it means, but suffice it to say England's been in a bad spot for a long time. The immigration they've experienced has been much more dramatic over a shorter period of time, producing a much more notable rise in violence and exploitation than we've seen in America. We got the slow acting poison, they got two shots to the back of the head. And because of that, there's been a desire from certain Americans to sort of gloat about it, particularly in the kind of maga slopulist for those unfamiliar term and illusion of populist and slop right, the kind of low quality, technically conservative engagement farming accounts to paint England is sort of super California. Boy mate, you got a license for that as a funny joke. But people take it very seriously. They view England as being completely and totally cocked that there is no one there standing up against it. And okay, look, if we compare apples to apples, the situation in England particularly bad. Their speech laws are draconian. Their enforcement of speech as well as you know, basic Western rights such as self defense is tyrannical. Right, just look at what happened after Southport. But we have a reason for hope, right, We have something that looks promising, that looks as a way to well arrest the decline. The recent elections were notable for a couple reasons, but I think foremostub is that we've seen that the populace is significantly to the right of the political establishment. There's a major gap between the ruler and the rule. The political formula, the core reason why the people are in charge justify their power. It doesn't work anymore. And look, when I speak derisively of populists, of course I am talking about populism TM, but also that conception, the idea that power works its way up from the bottom. We understand that is not true. But there must be a certain form of consent. And when I say consent, I don't mean liberal consent is in direct representation, but quite simply, a ruler needs the mandate of heaven. He needs to be seen to be somewhat legitimate. Legitimate doesn't mean nice, of course, Legitimate doesn't necessarily even mean popular. But no one thought Genghis Khan was illege. It's clear why he was in charge. Look at stalin his political formula. His justification is basically do what I want or else, and it works. But when you have softer rulers, rulers who aren't willing to well stack their ops like cord would. And I don't think Keir Starmer or our own rulers in America are willing to do so, despite their sort of genocidal fantasies about so called confederates. Right, we have a problem, and I think that's what we're seeing in England. Just to kind of allide over the results quickly. The right wing block nominal of course, by which we mean three Parties Reform, which is Nigel Faraj's populist party, think British Trump and it's not a perfect analogy, but close enough for what we're doing here. The Conservatives, who technically want a little bit, but to be honest, I think are going extinct as a party. Right, the oldest political party in the world, has so fully squad under all their political capital they seem to be ceasing to exist after a massive betrayal, right, look into the Boris Way if you're curious. And then a new force right restore Britain, which is, be honest, very exciting to me. And look I'm biased. I have friends there, people on who have been on this show work in that part. And look, I mean I get it. I might not be as out there as some of you guys want me to. But you know, name a Republican official who's been on this show. One tried and well he didn't exactly make it through the Senate again not his fault. He did good work, but that shows you the kind of difference. Well, the right wing block did quite well, Populace to pick up fourteen hundred of these sort of council seats, and Reform picked up a restore rather confusing branding that picked up ten. Now you look at that and you say, well, it's only ten, it's not that many, And that's true. But one, this is a very new party, a very new party, less than a year old. And two that ten was a clean sweep. They went ten for ten, one hundred percent success rate. And also if we look at those ten, well how do they win? They won massively. We're talking fifty percent of the votes, where the next candidate, the next party down ticket, hit twenty. Right, they could have had their vote share and still won incredibly high turnout in elections that historically do not have high turnout. We're talking about vote totals that are equal to an average year's total participation. Right did very, very well, and if we look at the tenor of the culture, people had enough. There was a sense that this is dire, that something needs to be done. Even in right a state that is tightly controlled where you can go to prison for saying no no words. Where if you play a video game online badly enough that the police of vice and virtue I can't remember what they call them, right, but the English Internet police will come knocking on your door. I'm sure you all remember the little browser game that was going around for a while, a woman with a delightfully regional British accent reading out to you the options for your insert character Charlie of course, a gender neutral name where you could react to different situations. Right, your friends spreading dangerous means, and even in a state where that is official government propaganda, right where children are being warned that even downloading a video of wrong thing can lead to jail time that prevent at the name of the outfit come knocking on your door. You could be stuck in counseling until you fix yourself leave and then there's some hope. I mentioned this in the episode, but there's something that came up maybe six months ago. It's really stuck in my mind. Obviously. One of the things that American right wingers will make fun of our cousins in England about is the decroni draconian weapons laws in England, and they are kind of absurd, right, we understand that when you have police pose like they've taken down a drug kingpin with butter knives, oyster shuckers and a potato peeler, saying we took these weapons off the street. We have pensioners serving time for wrestling a knife away from a home invader and stabbing him. When it's illegal right to carry pepper spray. It's easy to make fun of that right. It's embarrassing. But this has been done to these people. They've been subjected to this. It's not organic. If you look at the history of England, this is not what they've done. And Rupert Lowe, the head of this insurgent Right When party, but those statements says, if I'm in charge, we're legalizing pepper spray. And of course people were making fun of them, like, oh, I can't believe pepper spray is illegal in your country. It's embarrassing and to be farious. That's a bad state of affairs. But that's a sign. It's a sign that says no, you may defend yourself. You, as an Englishman, have the right to secure yourself. You don't need to phone the body when someone kicking down your door. You have an option. No, is it a great option?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: But directionally that's a change, and that's a minor thing. But when you look at what he is saying, what the people on that team are saying about remigration, right, not just the illegals, they all have to go. We're seeing success right. Ideas that we're completely and totally impossible to bring in are well politically viable. And look, I'm not going to blow this up to be more than it is. Ten seats isn't much at all. These people individually don't have much power. But we're seeing a trend line, which is one the left is fracturing. And I think that this is something we will likely see on our end of the Atlantic, that these individual ethnic patronage networks are realizing, well, why should I give you power in exchange for gibbs. Well, when I can have both, right, I'll start my own part. And so we've seen the rise in England of these Islamic independence and they are exactly what you think. And these have a Islamic urban centers, the communities are running their own representatives. Saw something similar. You may remember the election of Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Fray is big in the news during the you know, the ice rates in that city. But he narrowly won his seat, or won his primary, which effectively is winning his seat at least in Minneapolis over a Somali ethnic interest character, right, a guy who was there specifically to represent the Somalis. Now, you know, there was some political chicanery in the background. But that's an interesting transition because, look, that Somali mayor would undoubtedly have been a progressive still who've done many of the same things. But we're seeing the internal contradictions in that base start to manifest. We saw another one in the tail end of the Biden years when migrants were being shuffled into places like Chicago, where all of a sudden, the pre existing client class, the kind of Oh Block type realizing, wait a minute, there's nothing left in the food bank. The Hon Durance took it. The immigrants took it, right, they're getting screwed too. Now does that make them into natural conservative Republican voters like Reagan or Bush or Ben Shapiro would tell you no, of course not. But it means that they're going to have problems, right, they don't get to abolish politics. And at the same time right, this generational delight divide on the right is accelerated. There's a dramatic age difference between Restore Right the real right ringers in reform in age, we're talking the difference between parents and pensioners here. That's an interesting sign, right, where is the future going?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Where is the next generation? And something very similar is happening right now with Thomas Massey's primary And look, you know, I'm not the biggest fan of Thomas Massey personally. I think he's kind of goofy and annoying. But he has come out swinging against well the administration, Epstein and Israel. Right, he's made himself an enemy of the regime and his challenger I can't entirely remember the name of his challenger. It almost doesn't matter. He's an empty suit has been artificially boosted. Right, We're seeing this sort of BS sex scandal trotted out around Massy, and we've been reliably informed by all the usual suspects that Massy's cooked. He's never gonna make it a sex scandal, has heard him, And of course the betting markets, which for some reason have replaced Poles, are telling us that Massy's cooked. Now one that's sort of a misunderstanding of what polling and betting markets reflect. If you play sports, you understand this, or watch sports excuse me, although let's be honest, depending on at what level you played, you probably did experience that. But anyway, right, you understand that there's a difference there. And there was some data published about support for these two candidates. Well Massy, oh again not my favorite guy, but you know some degree anti Zionist, anti Epstein at very least. And this new empty suit and that breakdown is exactly where you think it is, plus or minus forty five to fifty depending on who you ask, And it's dramatic, and so in my mind there is hope, there is something, there's a way out of this. And look, I understand the corrupting power of politics, and I understand the fact that Trump our Nigel fraud is not going to save us. But as I said before in my last monologue, it feels as if something is shifting, there's something in the air, or at least there will be soon. And in many ways I think we need to look at England as well. What's going to happen one if we get a Democrat in twenty eight, right, what sort of laws will we be facing when it comes to the Internet. And all I ask is, you know, if they lock me up, I mean, maybe take half your Patreon subscription or you know, I don't know, just a couple bucks a month and drop it into my commissary. I'd appreciate it, you know. And I hope that I'm at the cool part the political prisoner's way. They don't stack me next to like caterd and I know all those guys that'd be really embarrassing. But in all seriousness, right, they may be ahead of us, both in the tyranny department and also well the solutions department. And this is early, right, it's very early, but what we're seeing across the pond is effectively the populaces are getting cannibalized, right, they underperformed relative to restore, and as time goes on and their next real election, right, the big election isn't for a couple of years now, seems like that trend will continue. And the reason I bring this up is not because I'm particularly knowledgeable about electoral politics or I think that, you know, it's one election away from saving us, but just to illustrate the point that well, even when things are bad and really bad, and they are really bad in England I mentioned the legal tyranny, their economy is somehow worse than ours. If they were a state, they'd be poorer than all fifty. The unemployment, especially youth unemployment, is very high. Twenty five percent of adults are on disability. It's bad, but there's still something right, there's a way out of this. And so what I say to wrap this up is, look, the pessimism is to a certain degree warranted. The realism, the understanding that this will not be fixed easily, that there is much work that needs to be done. I'm not trying to dissuade you from that, but what I am trying to do is challenge the idea that there's nothing to be done, that it's all over. We just need to run away and hide. Another example is my friends from South Africa, right, the Afro Forum Dudes conscious Caracle first of them all. And we've spoken a lot about the Brazilification of the South Africanization of America, right, the fact that it feels less and less like a First World country every day. And that's true, but let's say it happens, right, let's say it all falls apart. We don't have power. And when I mean power, I mean like actual electricity. You know the lights turn off, that the police are non functional, crime is rampant. Well, look at the bores right, Look at what they've done. Are still workable. They are making it. They are building something. They're doing something to make things better for their projecty And look, am I going to tell you it's easy? Am I going to tell you it's fun? Am I going to tell you it's just as great as the lives our grandparents had, the lives that our great grandparents had. No, it would be better if we didn't have to face these problems. But fundamentally, one, you didn't get to pick the time you were born in so mad up. And Two, as much as I hate to say it, you've become the boomer you hated so much. Right, you were taking material prosperity. You're taking an easy life as your highest good. And sure it'd be more pleasant, one hundred percent. Sure it's it's less complicated, but there's at least some adventure in it. Right, you have some agency. Again, decisions you make hole practically change your life and those who come after for you in world where that agency seems very distant, when that courage seems very distant, I think that that is exciting. I think that even when it is all over, there's sort of this glimmer of hope that, well, what happens next? It's all so back and look, I know your objection, the one you're thinking of, is individually valid, but the question becomes, well what do you do with it? And what we've seen from South Africa, we've seen from England is they're option even with a bad hand of cards, there's something to be done, something to be played. And I think that this is a really important example right to push back against the black pilot. And when I say black pilling, I don't just mean negative sentiments, because those negative sentiments are entirely legitimate. I will reiterate for probably the tenth time we you and I both got the short end of the stick being screwed over. There's really no two ways about it. But that isn't necessarily the end. You don't have to accept that you have some latitude here. The old saying goes right. The enemy gets to vote too, And I think that we can look to our compatriots in other countries who undoubtedly have it worse materially, undoubtedly have it worse legislatively, and say, all right, well, if they can do that much, what can we do Anyway? Without further ado, we'll kick us over to the interview Dan Tubbs Up, Blow to the Eaters, good friend of mine, great commentator. Before we start, though, I should remind you of our sponsors, Axios Remote Fitness Coaching. Went to the gym with my wife today. I was using Axios. She wasn't. That's really nothing against JD's programming. I think he does do stuff for ladies, but you know she wasn't doing it. But he has good work. It's great programming, great camaraderie in the group chat. Tell him I sent you. It's been my sponsor for so long, and I'm so bad at letting people know that. That honestly just out of pity for him, not for me. You should send him an email, get free stuff out of it, and get two weeks of free programming. It's good programming. He probably just I mean, yeah, I should tell you this, but take the free programming and write down on a piece of paper. And I mean, you know, I didn't tell you to do that, but one could also if you want to support the show. And this is what I do full time, so I dearly appreciate that just a couple bucks a month on Patreon substacker gumer get access to the episodes early in ad free. I know the ads are annoying, but h you know, I got to keep the lights on around here somehow. All right, Dan, welcome back to the J. Burden Show. How you doing man, No, thank you for having me, sir, Always glad to have you. Whereas our politics across the Atlantic has been relatively stagnant for the last several weeks, there have been big changes in Britain and so I figured I might as well just turn it over to you. Well, what has happened?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean yeah, I mean for political junkies like me, quite often we get absorbed in American politics because there's something interesting going on, whereas actually British politics has been so interesting over the space of the last two week. Apparently you guys announced that aliens are real, UFOs of real or something like it. Anyway, the point is none of us cared. We paid no attention to that whatsoever, because because we've actually got interesting stuff going on, here, so we're able to skip that one. Now, what's been happening is, as you guys may well know, we ended up with the Labor government, which is not the sort of thing that is supposed to happen normally, the right wins. The only problem is is that the right aren't actually particularly right. They kind of write in name only, but nevertheless, the British like to imagine themselves a right wing people, but they just get for whatever, our political class gets scared off from actually being right wing at any point. So the right divided and Nigel Ferrage, who gave us Brexit, came along and started a party, and the Tories were so completely awful under Boris Johnson, and they brought in the Boris Way. Millions of people were brought in and we'd had enough of that, so the Tories had to get punished and Reform got a bit of an upsurge at the last election, but not enough to claim more than a handful of seats, and that dividing the right was able to get the left in. Now, none of us are particularly concerned about that, because, of course, destroying the fake right we felt was worth you know, losing one election. I know, It's a bit different in the US because if you lose one election, you probably are going to end up in jail and all of your kids will be frog marched down to the tranny center to have their you know bits, either sown on or cut off or whatever it is. So but nevertheless, we felt that we could drop one election. But that led us to kiss Starmer and kits. Starmer comes in and here is an absolute luncheon meet of a man. He has no personality whatsoever, and he's given interviews where he says that he and he admits this, he's never had a dream. He's never had a dream in his own life. He doesn't he doesn't read, he doesn't watch TV. He appears to have no personality whatsoever. There been nothing that livens him up apart from rules and proceeds and politics and so on.
Speaker 2: So very well, allegedly allegedly Ukrainian rent boys, but that is a filthy rumor. I can ayre confirm or denay.
Speaker 1: Yes, And that trial is actually ongoing at the moment. So it'd be very interesting to see what those Ukrainian rent boys have to say, what it was that made them want to, you know, go round to his flat and burn down his back door. You know, we can't we can't have the Prime minister's backdoor burning because you know, because of some Ukrainian rent boys. So we'd be keen to see how that goes. But anyway, no kis Starma came along and the upsetters all greatly with his response to the massacre of children in Southport a Rohande and that one, and he basically called the entire country far right for not being happy about that. And then recently we've had the Peter Mandleson thing. I know, I know, the Epstein files. I don't know why, but they seem to have passed by without great notice in the US. I'm not sure what's going on there.
Speaker 2: Well, that's actually an interesting thing this has been. It was sort of the wedge at the fault line between a large part of Donald Trump's base and the man himself personally over the Epstein stuff. Trump twenty twenty four was a big tent. The synthesis of Trump and RFK is kind of the perfect picture of that, where you have on one side sort of MAGA one point zero, you know, white working class, you know a lot of actually middle class business people, obviously you have the injection of tech who basically realized, if we have another Joe Biden, we don't get to be billionaires anymore. And then also this move of what you could kind of dismissively call the podcast Bros, the kind of Rogan Theovon audience much more interested in quote unquote conspiracy theory. So some of that's the make America healthy again. They're putting chemicals in the water, turning the frogs gay stuff. The other half is jfk Epstein. And obviously, at least initially, there was a great show of transparency on that matter, right the infamous file where you know the infamous photo rather where libs of TikTok got a giant binder full of information that was already public, and very quickly the administration and mister Trump in particular wanted to move on, basically wanted to, you know, shuffle it under the rug and say we did it, America, we got them, and where are the arrests exactly, And even the most recent tranche of files, which was very damning, that did not come out from the administration, that was actually forced through by Congress through this kind of weird left right synthesis, and so point is it is not a nude story, but it is still very big culturally. I mean even end to the point where mainstream comedian Shane Gillis did a roast of Chris Rock. Right, it should just be a normal kind of television event, but I believe it was. Was it Chelsea Handler who's in the files? He goes up but just rips her a new one for two minutes talking about how she was in the files she was at a seven per dinner at Epstein's house with him and Prince Andrew And you know that hit news slightly, but it is and it is an area in which culture and politics are misaligned. But sorry, Dad, back to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I mean I can see that, but I was rather hoping rather than comedians doing the heavy lifting, it would maybe that's what the FBI could before. Maybe they could be kicking down doors and dragging people away in handcuffs for their involvement in this. For whatever reason, that doesn't seem to have happened. It seems to have had more impact here because there was Peter Bandleson, who was one of the architects under Tony Blair. And I mean he's banged right in these files. I mean, he was walking out of cabinet meetings and immediately texting Jeffrey Epstein with what the what the UK government was about to do? Very market market sensitive information. He's been arrested for it. And it makes Keir Starmer look very bad because he appointed him as US ambassador and he did it without bothering to get security clearance. And when the security clearance did get done, of course he failed it. Well at least he passed it with such caveats and asterisks as too. It wasn't really worth much. And so when it was emerged that he was ankled with an ecty in the in the Epstein files, he had to be removed as US ambassador. And I mean, I mean, and these two things, Southport and the Epstein files by themselves, I mean, that doesn't really capture it. There's a constant drip drip of things that I won't bother going into that. Just everybody hates this man. He appears to be sol is. He has no personality. Every major decision that he gets he normally you turns on. And fundamentally everything is just getting worse. Prices are going up. You know, every day is a nightmare story. We used to have, you know, one nightmare story a decade of children being killed or assaulted in some way, or stabbings and stuff like that. He used to have one a decade that would make the news like that, and everybody remember it. Now we're getting him on a daily basis. And there is obviously a result of the immigration we've got because it's always that, you know, they don't want to name the individual, and then six months later you find out where they're a Somalian or something like that. So nobody is particularly happy with this state of affairs. And whilst we don't have well, you guys have midterms, and we kind of do by having council elections. So the country is divided up into council authorities that run the local government area of things, and you're supposed to be voting on who can do your vote and empty your bins and maintain street lighting and all that sort of stuff. Nobody treats it like that at all. Everybody just treats it as a referendum on the government of the day and to indicate where the political mood is. And it's very useful if you are in Parliament where that where there is at least still a little bit of power, because local councilors don't really have much power to do much of anything. Really. It's useful then, because of course, opinion polls show that Labor are on track for about some between four and twenty seats at the next electure, down from a majority of eighty you know it having three hundred old seats at the last election. They could be down to somewhere between four and twenty. But those are opinion polls and you can always sort of think to yourself, well, maybe the opinion polls are wrong. But when you get live data from the voters and it came back and based on the council election, it looks like labourheaded for seven seats, So I suppose it's not the worst case scenario, it's not four, but it's still an absolute wipeout. It's taking a party which is one hundred and twenty six years old, has been the second major power in British politics for one hundred and twenty years, and it is basically shooting it through the back of the head behind the barn, at which point Labor and PS are starting to think to themselves well, look, I don't have any qualifications whatsoever. I'm a completely useless bastard and nobody will hire me again for anything of consequence, and I'll be lucky to get a thirty grand a year job working for some TV studio. I'd rather like to carry on being an MP. And therefore, what can I do about not losing my seat at the next general election? And they have alighted upon the idea, at least many of them. They want to get rid of Keir Starmer because he's such a truly uninspiring character. Unfortunately, Keir Starmer does not agree with that. He's showing some metal and some passion for the first time in his life. He seems to be truly energized about this. He wants to carry on being Prime Minister, and he said he wants to be Prime Minister for the next ten years, which is perhaps a little bit optimistic, but he wants to do it till the end of the term. And so currently our politics is breaking down because people in the government are resigning, Ministers are walking out, briefings are being had, Government business is not getting done because they're squabbling over who gets to be the prime minister.
Speaker 2: So several things. They're in my kind of survey of this data. A couple things jumped out to me. Of course, you have Reform UK, Nigel Faraj's party surgeon. And there's been an interesting divide that you and I have spoken about, you and I have spoken about with the Reform Restore breakdown, where it seems as if Reform is sort of running the classic populist playbook of saying certain things, sort of dog whistling and hinting. But you look one level down and wait a minute, why is there a Sikh? Why is there a Muslim? Why are there New Britons so to speak, running up this supposed right wing anti immigration party. And obviously we've gone into on this show before how Rupert Lows ousted, how Restore has been, I mean, honestly running a quite successful sort of insurgent campaign. But if you look at the raw vote totals, it looks as if Reform picked up I believe was it fourteen hundred seats? I might be slightly wrong than that, and Restore seems to have picked up ten. So do you want to explain that?
Speaker 1: And yes, there is a bit of detail there. So right as you correctly say Nigel Frag came back from Brexit and he set up a party Reform, and I mean actually he set up what was it? There was there was another part under a slightly different name ahead of the Boris Johnson election and basically at the last minute he pulled it, allowing Boris Johnson to get a huge majority, and he then went on to give us the Boris Wave. So Nigel Frog has done this a number of times. He's gathered up a lot of popular sentiment and then dissipated it at a key moment, blue balling everybody and letting the establishment win again. However, Reform seemed to be a bit of a goer last time. It won a handful of MP's and it's certainly on track to become well, it was on track to have an outright majority at the next election. That has softened quite considerably because when Nigel Frag started speaking getting pressed as a serious candidate for Prime minister, it appeared that he wanted to rote back on So if you so, for example, if if if in a TV studio he's accused of being racist, I mean he goes into conniptions at that, and he's he's keen to suddressed. You know, I'm not racist at all. And look, I've just I've just found, you know, a whole bunch of Sikh candidates and we've got this guy who's a literal refugee who's now standing for us. And look at all these colored people who are now standing for us as you know, as candidates. And that that comes across as perhaps a little bit inauthentic when the white British are being basically replaced in their own country. You know, what what what what? What is your what? What is your primary motivation here? And when he gets pressed on things like immigration, he says, well, look it's it's impossible to send back, you know, the hordes of immigrants that have arrived heuring recent years. And frankly, for the British right, that is not good enough, because when we're headed to an extinction level event, now is not the time to pussy food around. You have to actually do something, and you may have to suffer being called racist by a bunch of London liberal elites. And so we had been worried for quite some time that that Nigel Fraj was not the man, and indeed he went to the US, he met with Elon Musk for a few days and then came back and Elon tweeted out, Nigel Fraj is not the man, and I think, I mean Elon got there before a lot of us, did you know, he saw through them. So we'd been very upset with Fraj and then but there was one character who did ring true or authentic, one of the reform MPs who won Rupert Low, and he had been talking very much about the grooming gang scandal that we've had in this country, and he was saying we ought to deport not only the members of the grooming gangs themselves, but they're family members who knew about it and were complicit. And because of that, Nigel Faraj threw him out of the party, because you know, he's so terrified of being seen as a character. And so Rupert has set up his own party Restore. And the way to remember it is that Nigel Faraj thinks that reform of the existing institutions is possible. Rupert does not think that. He thinks the country needs to be restored to what it was in a previous era, when we were indeed a great nation and not the shambolic, you know, cheap Somalian knockoff that we are we are rapidly becoming today. So Reform did do well at the council elections. They didn't do quite as well as they were supposed to though they were supposed to win something in the region of sixteen hundred to eighteen hundred seats. They actually got fourteen hundred, so it's a very solid election for them. They did very well, but clearly people are softening on them, and I expect this to be slow because quite frankly, you know, we got boomers too, and it takes a long time for information to permeate through to them. So most of the I mean, we can see the pole in data for who's backing Restore, and it's basically it's the mother and dad's generation. It's people in their thirties, forties and early fifties who are perhaps a bit more online, looking at their kids and thinking, we don't want to hand you the country in this state. We've got to do something about it. The older generations who aren't online, it's harder for the message to get through to them at the moment. And Restore because it is a very new party, it only launched about two months ago. It wasn't yet in a position to field candidates across the country for a secondary election. In fact, given the fact they've got three years, I think they'll be doing quite well if they can get six hundred and fifty fully vetted and onboard quality candidates by the next general election. Getting thousands of candidates for secondary elections a bit much so. They only ran in one seat, and this was kind of a test to see, you know, would the British public, even in a small area, go for an even harder line right party than Reform is meant to be. I mean, Reform is actually a very centerist party when you really get into it, but they pose themselves as a right wing party. And the answer was a resounding yes. And the most interesting thing about Restore is that they got much higher than normal turnout. And not only did there was their vote share, And in fact, their vote share was so high that you could have halved it and all ten of them would have still won. So they were winning like fifty one percent of the vote when the second place was getting like twenty percent. That kind of thing. So what what they had managed to do is get back people who had dropped out of politics entirely. And you've got to remember, I don't know what it is in the US for a presidential election, but in a general election, only about sixty percent of eligible voters actually vote. And so therefore, if you could, if you could activate a decent number of the forty percent who just feel that there's no point bothering, actually you could, you can do very impressively. And so the battle for the right now comes between over the next three years. Farage, who has a lead in the polls today and he gets a lot of media time, and he gets out there in front of the harder to reach you know, the boomers, the people who you don't really get access to as much on online media, and Restore, who most of us in this sphere feel is the is the right deal. And indeed we were one of the reasons we know he's the right deal. Is quite aside from what the man himself says. Our friends are working in Restore. There are people you know. In fact, we had we had one of them on the podcast. I've you know, this studio is just freed up because the podcast finished today and we had one of the Restore top guys on the panel. So we trust this party and it's you know it was. It was given a trial run in yes, okay, admittedly just ten seats in a in a secondary election, but it won all ten with absolutely stonky majorities and huge turnout and activating been voted before. So it is very encouraging for those of us on the British right that finally we have a vehicle that actually represents us and it is everything that we wanted it to be, which I don't know if you guys have that, No.
Speaker 2: We certainly don't. And I want to echo your comments because I have friends that restore Britain too, and they're the sort of people that aren't They aren't politics impressive. You've met politicians of course, and you know there's sort of a bell curve, but they're actually impressive young men. They're like, Okay, you're a serious person. You could be doing something else and you'd likely be very successful. And I think that's an interesting indicator on two levels. One, this is an institution that actually has the capacity to recruit. It can get good talented people, which is a problem whether due to organization Nigel Farage personally that reform UK has not solved. They don't have particularly impressive people working there. Again, I'm American. I don't know that these figures as well as you do, but I'm sure you see the same tweets that I do, right of this guy exactly. But also I think that it's an interesting counter to a narrative you see often in sort of the American populace sphere, which is very antagonistic towards Britain. They sort of imagine Britain as super California. You know, it's the sort of ultimate extension of oimate. You got a license for that, which, okay, is that true? Yes, However, I think it's a really interesting sort of perspective because, to be honest, like Britain has hope, and in my mind Britain hasn't really had a real hope in a long time, and it seems to have materialized very very quickly. And again, as someone who is not British, who's you know, certainly ethnically you know, actually I say majority, I am just ethnically British, but you know, four hundred years back has been incredibly encouraging to me. So I'm curious, can you speak to I guess that sense of hope? Are you seeing that on the ground that people feel. I guess if they are you know, recently recaptured voters, people who counted themselves out of politics. All I'm getting at their don Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually, if we are super California, our elites are LA but the sort of rank and file of our stock, our people are Californian hinterlands. And I'm regularly told by Californians that actually, if you if you get out of the cities, they're they're quite based, they're quite sensible people. So our voters are not. Yes, we do have, course, you know about a third of our population that are just communists, but you know, you get that everywhere. But actually, the mainstream sentiment in this country is is right wing. The reason why we've why we've fallen down the hole so much, is because we've had party after party that has come up and pretended to be far more right wing than they actually are. But that and surveys show this. If you do opinion surveys of the of the British population as a whole, and surveys of members of Parliament, even on the right wing parties, members of Parliament are more left wing than the average brit It's well to the right of parliamentarians and labor MPs of course are just just extremely far to the left, although even those are not far enough to the left for some people. So yeah, I mean, we finally feel we have something which is authentic, and so people are starting to re engage in politics for the first time in decades. Really. But politics wasn't something that people did. Politics for something that people watched on TV. And you know, you might have voted for, you know, whatever was best in my case, whatever the most right wing option available at the time was, but you couldn't get inspired by it because you just kind of knew that you were going to be betrayed. Whereas restorers come forward and we're seeing you know, branches being set up all over the country, and you know, even if it's just in a you know, a small town or something, you're getting you're getting dozens of people turning up that I mean, for example, the branch cheer in Swindon, there's about two hundred people engaged with it. I mean, that's unheard of for local political organization Normally, normally don't get anybody, or if you do, you get a couple of little old ladies or you know, just maybe five or six people for the local Conservative Association or the local labor club or whatever it is. But we're getting hundreds of people getting into this and it's still early days. Because finally we think that if we win, we can actually do something and we're not hampered by your separation of powers. So let's say Donald Trump was everything that he promised to be coming in, and the promises that he made when he was coming in were absolutely brilliant. I remember doing a segment at the time because he made these sort of the little series of videos of things that he was going to do, and he put them out, and I remember saying that some if he does half of this, he's going to be the best president ever. He does appear to have got sidetracked on it some misadventures. But let's say Donald Trump came in or j the Evans comes into the next election, and he was and he did everything that people watching this wanted him to do well, as best I understand it. Under the US political system, you need the unanimous agreement of every ninth Circuit judge for the president to do anything, Otherwise it just gets vetoed or there's one hundred and one other mechanisms to make sure that nothing actually happens. That's not the British political system. British Parliament is sovereign and answerable to nobody. We have a Supreme Court, but it's got a different function that that's not going to hold up any any legislation. It doesn't have any degree near that degree of power. And because the executive and legislative are basically combined in the same body of people, that doesn't provide a challenge EVA. So if all we need, all we need to do is win once. That's it. We just win once, and then we can do everything that we wanted to do. With a simple majority in the House of Commons. We can we can start the process of remigration. We can change the voting system so that it's you know, net tax payers only, or I don't men, or whatever it is that you want to however you want is you want to change the voting system, and Labor have done this. They've changed voting from eighteen to sixteen. So it's entirely within the will of the party to that. We could take away welfare from non native Brits. You know, that alone will encourage millions of them to leave because they're not actually doing anything here, and actually the ones that be left are probably doing something useful, and that sort of dampens down the whole problem and the whole disquiet to beginning, we can scrap two tier justice. All of this stuff can be fixed, and we only need to win once, and that, for it gives us a great sense of encouragement. We've actually got something which is for once real and people are getting involved and we just need to win once. And so we're feeling a sense of energization at the moment which I've never seen before in my lifetime.
Speaker 2: If you can, can you speak to the broad left right blocks right, because you have a collection of parties on both sides kind of running the gamut from the nominal rate the slightly less normal right and then obviously restore and then on the left you have you know, Labor, the limb, Devs, the Greens, and then this new collection of I guess you would call them like Islamicist independents and one if you sorry being a little bit rude, but let's be honest, that's what they are. And but in our seriousness rate, so one, if you could, can you explain those broad blocks, like what trends are we seeing? And then also where is labor being cannibalized from right? What is there? What is happening to their base? Yep.
Speaker 1: So politics used to be nice and simple. We had left wing labor, right wing Tories, and then we had a We had a third party, which was the Liberal Democrats, which was kind of for people who didn't fancy going for one or the other because that was a bit bit sharp and a bit real for them, and so they just wanted to vote for this third option. And the Liberal Democrats pretended to be right wing in right wing constituencies and pretending to be left wing and left wing constituencies. So nice, straight for the lilitical map. Then Tony Blair comes along and he's like, okay, well, why don't I just pretend to be a right wing labor party and then I'll get right wing votes and the left wing hasn't got anywhere to go, and therefore I win, and he won, and then David Cameron came along after Blair and said, well, hang on, why don't I just pretend to be a left wing conservative party and the right wing have got nowhere to go, and therefore I can capture the center and maybe some left wing votes and then I win and he did. Now, Labor and the Toys were very clever. They thought they were very clever with this by moving to the center and overlapping. But the problem is they ended up in this situation where they both believed in the same things, they both have the same principles and ideals, and there was they created enormous flank on there, both their left and their right. And so I mean Nigel de Frage was the first to fill it with reform and then but then even Nigel Frag started doing the thing where he started moving to the center, he started moving to the left. So that are now three parties sort of overlapped that that middle zone, which of course was to restore emerging on the true right as we talked about. But also the Green Party. The Green Party, I mean it's been around for a long time. It was kind of a bit of a joke party. I mean it would sometimes win one, maybe two MPs out of six hundred and fifty and only in this sort of the most well to do, upper middle class areas where they had more money than sense, and they thought that you know, maybe restricting our CO two was a good idea while China was two hundred xing their output or whatever it was. The Greens, however, they kind of abandoned the green stuff. I mean it's in the name, but you never hear them talk about, I know, trees or whatever. What they did is they started becoming an avowedly communist party, and that very much appeals to basically young women, some young men as well. But if you're a young man with almost no testosterone in you whatsoever, or a young woman I mean, or literally a communist or weirdo, the Green Party if you in fact, we did a labs hour just the other day party guest, So I don't know if there's a US. I think there's a US version of this. But he shows you a picture of the part of the person and you have to guess what party they do in. Is very easy to tell who's in the Green Party because they are dysgenic freaks. I mean, seriously, something has gone wrong in their genome on a serious level that they're the Green Party candidates. So they they get they get a few students and communists, but they also start to pull in Islamists. So the leader, the leader is actually a gay Jewish guy whose mother is suspected to be a pornographer, and his deputy leader is a chap called Moffin Alley. You know, he's got the big, you know, Muslim beard, and you know where's all the you know, the get up and all that that sort of stuff. And they've been doing quite well in this in this strategy because of course that means they can win anywhere there's a U university with gullible young people, or anywhere where there's a large Muslim community. Now, Muslims are only about seven percent of the UK population at this point. I mean, I know we ring alarm bells about immigration early here, but that's because we want to keep it. I mean, it's still like seventy percent of white country, but we're ringing the alarm bells early because we understand how quickly, over the decades that can start to shift into minority status. So you know that they've been running this alliance and Labor for years had considered the Muslim block to be which is important for winning a whole bunch of inner cities. They had basically considered them to be part of their electoral inheritance, effectively belonging to them. But what they're doing is they're splitting out and they're either back in the Greens or or they're just running by themselves. Now at the moment, they're not really that viable as a Westminster force by themselves, and they are somewhat viable in the secondary elections like the council elections in made Muslim areas, but it remains to be seen whether they just wholeheartedly back the Green Party, which I think they might do, and just take over that and then you have an alliance between the lunatic left and the communists and the sort of Islamo fascists. Now if that party ever came to power. I mean, Iran has taught us what happens to the leftists the day after the election, but they don't seem to be aware of that at the moment. But yeah, I mean, I mean still at the last election we did have something like a dozen Muslim independents starting to run. So these guys are they've peeled away from the from the Labor Party for now they might be in the Greens, but it's only a matter of time, but all the numbers go up where they leave them as well, and will they either take over the Green Party entirely, or they just set up their own things. So it's starting to emerge. It's not quite fomented yet, but yes, Secretary, and politics is coming if we don't get on top of remigration soon.
Speaker 2: Well, just out of curiosity when you mentioned it, I pulled up Party guess or UK and just immediately went over for five because of course I assume like, oh, this this guy looks like the kind of guy who might I don't know, smuggle bomb into an aeroplane. Surely he must be a caredate for the Greens. Nope, Conservative Party caredidate. Like I even knowing that right talking to you guys, I am still too naive. It's still too naive for the Conservative Party.
Speaker 1: I think the Lord is it Bristol might I might be getting my situation, but I think the Lord Mayor of Bristol is actually an asylum seeker. I'm not joking. He is an asylum seeker, and yet he is now the Lord Mayor of Bristol. Reform. At these local council elections recently they ran somebody who was a former asylum seeker, a Boris waiver. He actually lost his seat and his four white British colleagues who were running with him. They were won their seats, so the British know they're something up. But all of these parties, apart from Rupert Low and Restore, hand to this multicultural Britain sentiment. We're expected to believe that Nigel Frag is just saying it and he doesn't really mean it, and he'd be based once he comes into power. But I don't believe in the secretly based theory because I've never seen an example of it ever. Whereas Rupert Low, he goes on TV and you know, the liberal left London Metro journalist will say to him, you know you've said this, and you know I think that means you're racist, and he just says and he says, I don't care, I don't care what you call me. We're doing this, we're saving the country and you know, I mean it's such a change from the others. But yeah, yeah, they all, yeah, they all have a very dodgy set of candidates behind it. Unfortunately, Refought the Store might have to end up doing that because it is literally illegal in this country to favor the native British population. You can't it. So I mean Restore now has to walk the balance of you know, complying with UK law and they can and will shut down your party if you don't, while remain true to the core mission, which is restoring this country to what it once was, including its demographics.
Speaker 2: Well, all I'm saying is any of the restore guys, if you need someone to show up in a rubber dinghy as an immigrant, my rates are public, I'll put it that way. But in all seriousness, right, that's a really it's an interesting dynamic that right, kind of walking that tightrope because we've seen very similar things happen in the US, which is that the arm of the state will be used to check challenger. I think of during the Obama years, something that a lot of people don't remember, the Tea Party, which was this sort of insurgent proto MAGA but largely cast in kind of economic terms, as was the fashion of the time. But yeah, it turns out the I R S found a whole bunch of irregularities in their organization. And you'll never guess who who tipped them off. Turns out it was the president for Aack Obama, who said, maybe my political rivals I or should go and look at them. So I'm curious, have you seen any overchurch towards Restore Britain right, has there been a signal that there may be an attempt to if they can't beat them at the ballot box, to simply remove them from the ballot by legal or extra legal meets.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that's the genesis of the party. So when Rupelo was still a member of Reform and he started speaking out against the booming gangs and saying, look, we need to deport these entire communities, he got thrown out of Reform, and Reform made up some spurious criminal allegations against him in order to try and get him jailed. And the way they did that is their their Sri Lankan deputy as Yah Yusif, who is who is a man of about thirty five, said that Rupert Low, a man of sixty five, was physically roughing him up. Now, look, I appreciate in the subcontinent that grip strength is not is not monstrous, but still it's a bit of a silly story to say that this old man was sort of beating him up. And the police actually launched a inquiry into Rupert Low as to whether they were going to bring charges that would would see him jail for threatening to kill this man half his age. Now it turned out all of this was complete nonsense, and you know, Reform don't like to talk about it these days, and they shut it down if you if you try and bring it up to him, he's like, well, hang on, what happened to those allegations that you that you made up? But I mean Frodd did actually, in an unguarded moment on stage not so long ago, admit that the reason that they that they made up those charges is because Rupert Low was talking about deporting people. So that, I mean that caught them out already. I mean, plus the fact that they chucked him out, they made him stronger, that they brought these charges. They made him stronger with all of that. So whether they're going to try anything else underhand, I wouldn't put it past them, but they they've tried it twice and it's backfired immensely on them already. Whether the state will do anything, I mean very possible. It's hard. We're not quite like Germany where they where they're always on the verge of outright banning the AfD. But then we've never had anything real before. To vote for. So whether the deep the UK deep state, will allow a genuine restoration of Britain to take place without sabotaging it, I'm not sure, but it seems like it's they've got an open track ahead of them for now.
Speaker 2: I think of even relatively recently, uh, Lotus Eaters alumni Connor Carmlinson, I believe had a fake police port report excuse me, uh, you know, levied against him saying that he had been knocking his wife around. Obviously, I feel like I don't even say that it was not true. The police didn't find anything to support that, But I mean that is that kind of example of low level harassment, right, sending the arm of the law after political rivals. And of course I hope it doesn't happen, right, I hope this is a successful political project. But if you've been around long enough, you're always on the lookout, right, especially when you have you know, the starmer bought, you know, sitting there just steaming. So I'm curious, Dan, what has been the media reaction to these the spat of elections, Because what I've seen, and admittedly it's Twitter and the algorithm's garbage, it pushes you what you want to see has been effectively university student meltdown. Right, Britain is literally Germany in nineteen thirty three. It's so over they're going to put us in camps and so sure that's off the internet. You can find people on the internet saying anything, but both on the kind of cultural level and the media level, what have you seen?
Speaker 1: I haven't seen any of that. I mean i've seen it online. Is one of those things. A journalist will go off and they'll find some excitable student and they're are some for their opinion and stuff. But I haven't seen any of it on the ground. I mean, we're generally too sensible to I mean, those people are sort of kept away out the way for a good reason. So they can have their hysterics over there, but it doesn't really trouble the rest of us. And you know, if only reform were what left his students imagine them to be, we wouldn't need restore. And so I've seen them coming out saying, oh, you know, if Nigel Frage comes in, he's going to take away my reproductive rights and he's gonna he's going to deport all the nons and he's going to do this, that and the other thing, and it's like, oh, for god, I wish if he was doing that, I'd vote for him myself. But he's not doing any of that. But so that they're behind the track on this. So no, and more broadly the media, there was about forty eight hours of rumination on the actual results themselves, and that there is even a bit of chatter of Restore starting to break into the mainstream because they generally if they if they, they can tell that Restore is a genuine threat, so they so the way they address that is by never mentioning them at all, because they did this once with Nigel far years ago, where they tried to put him up as a as a as a sort of comedy character who wanted to leave the European Union and they ended up actually getting Brexit as a result of it. So now the media is very careful. When they see something where they don't want to be a thing, they simply don't cover it. And but that's only sustainable to a point. So no, all of that got swept away quite quickly because then the question became is Keir Starmer going to remain as Prime Minister?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: And that has basically all we've been talking about since.
Speaker 2: And I think that you mentioned the fact that is Starmer has this kind of death grip on power. I can think of conversations you and I've had going back two years where after scandal after scandal, and there have been many, right, we allied it over them for time, because if we went through all of them, that would be all we did today. But the question has always been, surely he will step down now? Because you know, Liz Trust stepped down over effectively nothing right. She got bullied out of it very very quickly. And traditionally, at least from the outside looking in, it seems as if there is a dignified position at which you're expected to kind of realize that the game is up you should step down, and Starmar has blown past that point so many times that we're effectively in unmapped waters. I mean, as far as I understand, he is the least popular PM in history by a fairly significant margin. And so what does he do if everyone else resigns? Will he be the lone Japanese soldier, you know, out in the jungle? Like what happens? I guess you could say constitutionally, you're you know, by the bylaws. Can he just simply be one man in ten Downing Street or by himself.
Speaker 1: I mean, potentially if it comes to that. So, I mean, because our executive is drawn directly from the legislative. Whoever's in your party when you form a government is your option. So he's got three hundred odd MPs which he can draw from, and he needs a bit less than one hundred to fill all the different government roles up from Minister you know, Chancellor of the Exchequer, the number two all the way down to a parliamentary aid. You know, it needs a bit less than one hundred of them. And at the moment a whole bunch of them have been quitting and he's just been quietly replacing them. So if if more than you know, two hundred of them say no, we're never working with this man, he's got a problem. You know, he's going to need to start getting some job shares going. But he's not at that point. Yeah, he's at the point where he's just finding some no hope or MP who was basically just there to march through the lobbies and vote and saying, you know, would you like to be a parliamentary aid the first step on your ministerial journey, you know, and maybe you could be something mean. Of course, they're not going to be anything one day. But for the moment, he's able to get through it. Now, you're right, in a normal, normal individual. The entire country is saying we don't like you. His own cabinet is saying we don't like you. His parliamentary party is saying we don't like you. If you or I went to a party and it was quite evident nobody liked us, we'd bugger off and do something else, because we're not complete psychopaths. But you have to remember this man, he doesn't have a soul. He's never had a dream, he doesn't he doesn't have hopes or aspirations outside of the political He has been focused on the acquisition of power since he was about sixteen. He lives for this stuff. So now that he's actually there, the absolute last thing he wants to do is let go. But his situation does I mean for any other prime minister, this situation will be considered untenable. Now that the at the moment. So Carl and I did a show a couple of days ago, and Carl was like, no, this man is so inhuman he simply doesn't respond to human incentives. He will stay on. And my view is I'm a lot less sure because trying to actually govern them from this position where you've effectively lost the power of patronage and nobody listens to you because I don't expect you to be there, I think is a hard ask and as you turned on so many things. So anyway, we put a ten pound bet on it, and if he goes before next Tuesday, then I win a tenor if not, if not, Carl's right, But yeah, this is the current hot button issue in the UK.
Speaker 2: One other element and I know that you come from a finance background, this won't be a super technical question. Is we have seen, really across the entire world exploding fuel costs and the knock on effects right worsening and already diehigher cost of living crisis. And a few weeks back I was seeing videos of fuel riots in Ireland. Now I realize that's what the mis do. They get a little excitable and they burn stuff down, sort of like the French. It just seems to be their reaction to most things. But nonetheless, your country is in a cost of living crisis that has been exacerbated by, to be fair to Starmer, issues outside of his control. But seemingly that would place him in an even worse situation that many of the issues that are making him unpopular are becoming more dire. So one is there a fuel crisis? Is there a cost of living crisis? And two how does that affect the current electoral landscape.
Speaker 1: Well, there isn't a fuel crisis in the nowhere is run out of fuel and fuel was already pretty expensive anyway in the UK because it's attacked so heavily, so people are grumbling about it. But I mean, really, with what's going on with the straight offull news, it's going to be a long time before it reaches a first world country like Britain, because basically we can just outbid Pakistan and Thailand and Tri Lanka and all of those other countries. We can just we can just afford to pay more. So it's very annoying. And because we used to hire I mean you guys, because you're used to lower prices, it's a bit of a shock when the fuel goes up. But I mean even now it's it's cheaper for you than it was for us. Before all this began, so we're just kind of tolerating it. Cost of living crisis, I mean yeah, I mean basically there's there's been no real terms increase in people's pay since the financial crisis, and it's just a different way of it getting stripped away. And then the COVID inflation, I mean that took a knock as well. People started people have started to get pay rises after COVID with that huge quantity of easing inflation surge. But yeah, we can just feel we're getting ground down. And it's just quite obvious that for best part of twenty years now we've been going nowhere. You know, in Britain, if it was a US state, would be ranked fifty first out of out of fifty one for GDP per capita. You know, we did a segment about this the other day, about how how much poorer we are than the US and how even a bloody BUCkies manager earns more than you know, you know, senior professionals here, and a BUCkies manager in the US centers a big box of goodies with a note attach saying you need this more than me because you're poor. I mean, that is that is you know that that is quite true. So yeah, people know that they're being squeezed, and it feeds into this sense of complete dissatisfaction with the political class that no matter how many times we change the government or prime minister, things are not getting better. The whole set of governing assumptions need to be torn away. We've got something like twenty five percent of or maybe is it twenty percent of people are registered as disabled receiving some sort of disability benefit. Clearly what five people are not actually disabled. The system is being played. People are coming in on dinghies and getting given bloody council housing. And yeah, you know we are we are a first world country, and we've got the Protestant work ethic, but there's only so much state blow that the most productive people on earth can actually stand. And we just feel that no matter how hard we work, we're being ground into the damn ground. And we know, we know as Englishmen what we can be if we're set free, if we're cut loose, wet, We've got pretty good examples of that, so we want to get back to that.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's what is so frustrating. I mean, you've rightly said that America is very wealthy. I've done any number of shows on We're in a very similar situation where the in real terms productivity is down, the in real terms camp or sorry is up, while in real terms compensation is down. People are working more and receiving less asset valuations through the roof right, whether it's housing, whether it's used vehicles. I've really kicked a hornet's nest a while back making this point because people above a certain age simply cannot comprehend that cheap used cars do not exist anymore. You know something that every financial expert says. You know, if you need to drive to work by a good, cheap used car and drive it into the ground and.
Speaker 1: You need to get Hamshaw, you can You're done.
Speaker 2: Yes, And so you know, Look, we can complain about boomers all you want, but we're seeing a very similar dynamic of rising dissatisfaction. And I think in certain ways you are ahead of us. You have an alternative, You have someplace for that energy to go, and in the current system in the US, we do not. And it's my mind of fundamentally unstable sort of round of the game. For exactly that reason. Say what you will about Trump, you know, We've gotten more than I would have expected from it, you know, striking down the vra certain things that were definitely positive. But particularly young people and young men have nowhere to go. And it's why I'm so interested in the rise of restore Britain, because there is an alternative, There is a place for that energy to go, for those ambitious young men to seek or redress at their grievances. We do not have. And so look, you know cat Turd and all of these you know, eighty five IQ, you know, magatards whine and whinge about Britain, how it's so over. You know, you're going to be swamped with you know, Islam accords and who knows, you know, the immigration. May we'll get worse. But in my mind, you guys have hope. And it's a silly example, but Rupert Lowe said something maybe six months back about legalizing pepper spray, right, and when that hit American social media, we were all like, there were a lot of people laughing about it, like, oh, you can't even use pepper spray, and yeah, sure that is ridiculous and embarrassing. Right, an Englishman should not have to ask permission to use pepper spray, right, you know, effectively wasp spray for a rapist.
Speaker 1: But if I wish, but that's not where we are.
Speaker 2: Yes, But to me that that is a very fundamental challenge, right, that is saying you have a right to defend yourself, which directionally is a huge improvement, you know, from banning swords and pointed knives to saying no, if I am in power, you will have the ability to look after yourself. And so look, the current position of the UK seems rather dire right as it looks now. You know you mentioned the poverty, the you know, the sort of explosion of you know, social programs, these just fraud rings. But to me, I look at it as a very hopeful place, a very hopeful situation, because there is a direction and it seems as this, as you said multiple times, uh, the populace is right wing pretty dramatically. So and can I ask you yes, yes, m so.
Speaker 1: I mean off mutual friend Aaron McIntyre, you know, grapples with this quite a bit. And then the question is, look, let's say, because because the reason we are where we are in Britain is because we were willing to put up with a labor government in order to destroy our fake right wing party. And if if Nigel Franch turns out to be fake as well, well we lose another election and we destroy that. And we will keep destroying what the right puts up until we get something genuine, which I think we have now we've restored Britain. Because in your situation, the left is so clinically and utterly insane. Where do you stand on the issue of what right wing individuals should do when they're given a choice between an insane Democrat and a fake right winger, you know, some Zio pushing you know, Rhino who is you? You just know he's going to betray you. Do you vote? Do you vote for the betrayal? I mean you're obviously not going to vote for the left. Or do you sit it out? What do you do in that situation?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is interesting. I wrote an article a while back called the Republican Samson Option, named for Israel's first strike nuclear policy, basically making the argument, I guess it was almost a year ago. I think it was last November, but basically making the argument then that the neo cons right, the Zio conservative part of the Republican Party were basically going to explode the Republican Party and the sort of nascent Maga America First movement. Rather than seed control of the Republican Party, they would rather blow it all up. They would rather see their institutions die with them than lose control, which turned out to be remarkably prescient. Right. You look at the situation at Heritage, you know, one of the big conservative think tanks. You look at what is currently happening and polling where Trump has now lost white working class voters for the first time in his entire political career. We're going on what almost twelve years of that. So look, I get it, but also look, I'm I live in Virginia, and what happened in Virginia is they ran a astoundingly bad black Jamaican immigrant woman who hated statues and hated Donald Trump, and then were surprised when she got absolutely shellacked. And what happened is what had been the candidate, Yes, and she lost by a historic merchant, absolutely demolished. And the woman that came after her, Abigail Spanberger. I know what you're thinking, she's not, but she came in and basically went full chairman now and attempted to redistricts the entire state to basically take it from a five to six so slight Democrat advantage, which if you look at the numbers, was about the electorate to ten to one. Right, completely rewrite the map and make politics in policas. Yeah. So the reason I bring that up is one, is it because I am person only but hurt that that's happening to my state. Yes, all right, yeah, I'll admit that. Now. It was later struck down by a court. Going back to your earlier comments about the American political system being biased towards nothing ever happened. But point is, that's a situation where that is, to a certain extent, existential right. If you are in a ten to one Jerrymanderd situation, you are that farmer in California, you have no way to represent yourself whatsoever. You're screwed. So in that situation, I did what many people did, which is I went to the polls and voted against it. I vote didn't end up mattering, right, It was a narrow vote, but the redistricting one. But in that situation where it directly affects you, where it's like your life will measurably get warse like you're gonna get screwed. The place you love is going to be irrevocably harmed. I get that now. On the national scale, I'll be honest, I'm not voting for the Republican and the next presidential election because I've been screwed, especially not if it's Marco Rubiu. And I think that many other young guys are in a very similar situation. Men under thirty broke for Trump. It was a historic victory, right, really pushed him over the edge. And a lot of that was the economic and the social issues, right, young guys being tired of being told you are the cause of all societies problems. You just need to take it right, bite the pillow, basically, and they swung for Trump and got betrayed. The immigration stuff has been great, some of the court stuff has been great. I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, but fundamentally the purpose of my government is not to benefit me. It's to benefit a certain Mediterranean nation, and that idea has has escaped containment. I've said this on my show multiple times, but my non political friends, right, the guys who I went to school with, who live around me. Who Yeah, sure they might pull the lever for a Republican every couple of years, but they don't know what's happening. They don't think about this stuff all day like we do.
Speaker 1: Dan.
Speaker 2: They're mad, and they're not only mad, but they're saying the sort of things about certain prime ministers, certain you know, tunnel digging religious figures that you know, fifteen years ago you had to go to fourhand. And when I say it's unstable that there is no redress for grievances, that is a very common feeling that, look, we we did what we were supposed to do, and there was hope in those first couple moment months, right the fulury of executive orders, what Doge was doing, this would be an actual substantive change, and effectively the Republican Party said, Nope, we've got to keep boomers stock portfolios and home values up. We've got to keep sending aid to you know, our our favorite Middle Eastern democracy and all that other stuff. Yeah, it doesn't matter, we'll get to it. Maybe we won't. And so in my mind, I think we are going to see something very similar or well, we would have to what happened to the Conservative Party in the UK where the Democrats don't win, the Republicans lose. Now, the situation with redistricting, I'll mention this because it's quite important, seems to have allowed Trump to skate on this because previously the stakes of this game were very high, because if he loses the legislature, well, he gets impeached, he goes to jail, either for something he actually did do and there's some stuff there, or just for whatever they come up with. Right, you know, like Letitia James style deciding he owes the state government five hundred million dollars because his accountant made a mistake. It doesn't it almost doesn't matter. Right. Well, this redistricting in Virginia has hit has sort of created this cascade where other states have basically realized like, oh, shoot, we can do this too, and so you have states, a lot of Republican states redistricting. Now, I mentioned the VRA, the Voting Rights Act that had a part in it that was legitimately absurd. Unless you wonder why America has been lurching to the left for the last sixty years. The Supreme Court had basically said that particularly evil, racist, bad Southern states are required by law to have minority representation, which means you have these absurd they look like computer hard drives, right, these like long, stringy districts in places like Louisiana and Mississippi, so that they can artificially create a black by extension democratic majority in that district that's been struck down. So you have multiple things. One Republican states becoming more Republican because they're like, all right, this is how we play the game. Now, you know, we're just going to become one party states. Also the disillusion of these artificial minority districts, and so what that's done is seemingly it will allow Trump and the Republicans to skate. They won't have to pay the consequences of alienating a large portion of their baits, both young men, white working class voters. A lot of people are very alienated. But if you stack the deck to such a degree, well you might lose the Senate, but you keep the House, and so fundamentally nothing changes. So that's my analysis on this. At the state level, or continue voting Republican because I've seen the alternative, you know, and at least where I live, that matter is quite a lot. But on the national level, they can take a hike. Hopefully it actually ends up hurting them and ends up mattering because seemingly Donald Trump seems to have slipped consequences once again. But you know this is all hypothetical at this point. We don't know until November.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing I've always been wondering. Because you do have so many layers of government, I can understand that you want your local representatives to be all Republican, even if you have to put up with a few bad ones, because the alternative is too horrific. You end up like Bloody California, where your kids will be getting taken off you and all the rest of it. You would be getting arrested over nonsense. But ultimately you can just walk away from the national elections. And yes, okay, if you lose the national elections, you're going to get some idiot in the White House backed up with the legislative who will do things like you know, kick you off YouTube and sense you in a whole bunch of different ways and waste your money and all that kind of stuff. But ultimately you are insulated because as long as you're in a Republican state, they can't come after your person quite that hard. You have got that protection level. So you know, it's just not clear to me why Republicans are putting up with being offered these quite fake right wiggers.
Speaker 2: As long as hobouly Dan. So this is another interesting development as part of this redistricting conversation. One of the states that came up for it was Indiana, right, a quite right wing state, one that should have all Republican districts, but it didn't. And so the President and others were basically looking at him like, all right, guys, fix it, come on, you have a power to do it. And a couple of these you know what Rus Schlimbaugh would call rhinos, right Republicans in name only, exactly those type of you know, kind of chamber of commerce types, they didn't do it. You know. One of the me infamously had a uh, what's the polite term, a mentally infirmed daughter, and he said, Donald Trump used the word retard. I have a retarded daughter. You can't say that, I'm not voting for you. And so it didn't end up happening, right, It's stupid stuff, But point is, uh, he got primaried and lost massively. It was kind of a clean house. And it seems as if we are starting to see a changing of the guard. Right. All of the really old, horrible American politicians, the ones you've known about forever, are getting old, dying, or dropping out, you know, Pelosi, Feinstein, Mitch McConnell. We're seeing a changeover, and that is on the representative level. We are also within the American populace seeing a dramatic changeover since we've had a breakdown in generational terms on both the left and the right, nominally over the issue of Israel, and it is about Israel, but it's also about a bunch of other stuff too. And for instance, with the lefties, this happened with the pro Palestinian protests right after October seventh, where the activist class, the kids at college were getting beaten with truncheons directed by predominantly older Democrats. We've seen a breakdown there. Similarly, in the Republican context, we're also seeing a breakdown. I'm sure you've read all these stories about the young Republicans the I can't remember the other organization heritage, where effectively there has been a desire to purge Grouper's quote unquote and Grouper's. Sure. Are some of them fans of Nick Flints, I'm sure, But functionally it's just a slur. It means you're a bad person. Get out. And these organizations like Heritage, like the Young Republicans have basically decided that they are going to attempt to purge basically anyone under forty because they have offensive positions, and the sort of astro turfed fake right wing figures are landing flatter than ever. I'm sure you've seen the coverage that Ben Shapiro's Daily Wire is hemorrhaging money due to some back end contexts. There are people at the Daily Wire who are making money. They are not Ben Shapiro, and they do not say Ben Shapiro things, I'll put it that way, and so effectively, it seems as if the kind of twentieth century brand for both the Democrats and the Republicans is running out of steam and will not no longer be viable. Interesting on that front, I don't really know where that energy goes, but in my mind I think that Israel is so unpopular and by extension all of the other things that come with it, I think that fundamentally it will become an electoral non starter on both the left and the right. I'm curious to see where that goes. Sorry, massive diversion there, but this is the sort of I mean.
Speaker 1: I remember when Ted and I used to like Ted Cruz. I mean, he's an intelligent guy, he's got some interesting things to say. But I remember it wasn't so long ago that he came out and he said the reason that he joined the Senate was to protect Israel. Now, I'm an Englishman and I was bloody offended at that. If he had said the reason I joined the Senate was to protect my Christian faith, USA or Texas, any one of those would have been a suitable answer. But coming out and saying Israel is the problem is is to the rest of the world, the US looks like a client state of Israel.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to say it just looks looks like is a very generous way of phrasing that I mean, and that attitude for a lot of people. It isn't even the most sophisticated version of that idea. You know, talk about lacude, the money streaming into American preachers and American politicians. A lot of it's way more simple. A lot of it is. Hey, you promised to do a bunch of stuff for me. Why is gas five dollars a gallon? Oh wait, it's because of this war. Why did we get into this war? Oh well Marco Rubio said, we got into this war because of them. And again, you know that's not the kind of like one hundred and thirty five IQ, you know, protocols of the Elder whatever your favorite schizo theory is. It's not that, but that general sense to your point that we are not a country run for our own benefit. That's that's broken containment. And look, man like I would be offended if he said that his the purpose that he was in power was to promote you know, the English, the interest of the United Kingdom, and I like the United Kingdom or written much more than Israel. Right, It's there are two levels to it, you know. Anyway, Dan, this has been fascinating. I appreciate your expertise in your time. Where can people find you? Where can they find more your work?
Speaker 1: Well, if they want to get into stuff like this, Carl and I do a weekly political chat. So if you if you search political chat and Lotus eaters, I'm on I'm on Twitter. A series of based and a reverend tape at King Bingo. But yeah, mainly my output is is on Lotus eaters and yeah if you if you come to it. When we cover a lot of American politics as well, a bit a third of our audience is US, so we cover plenty of that stuff already, h and we cover the interesting stories in the UK. And yeah, I mean we're boyed by a sense of optimism and uh, you know, I just hope that that you guys find a political solution that is real quite soon, because you know, I've been following the ups and downs of the American political system for many years at this point, and honestly, there was such jubilation when Trump on the first time and the second time, you know, we were very excited about it. We didn't all light election stream for the for the second win, and it's and it's really disheartening to just find a return to type. So, you know, thank you to all the Americans who support us and on our political revival, and I hope you guys have one coming your way soon too.
Speaker 2: God speed, Dan, never run at home, keep your head up. I can't last forever. Good Night,