Speaker 1: It is the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one, The Eagle Monday Night to overcasts been raining off and on today. You don't want to make dinner, why don't you go get you the best pizza in all of Dallas, according to Dallas Morning News readers, and that is Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. Five different styles of pizza, great pasta, and an awesome bar as well, with great beers on tap, including Rollertown Beer Works the brewery Ben and I are partners in. They got four different Rollertown beers on tap. There go there tonight, enjoy it. It's such a great place in Preston at Preston and Plano Parkway Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this. And now it's time for Benson's week day up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's some measles. There's been a couple shootings. Guy gotta hit my car. Listen not let's just not today. The big thing over the weekend that happened was Stars beating the lunch in.
Speaker 2: Game seven Saturday night.
Speaker 3: Whether you like hockey or not, I think this is probably the biggest story in DFW over the weekend because the Stars were losing to nothing and then in between the second and third intermission, Rob Schneider comes out on the JumboTron and does you can do it? Is that?
Speaker 2: What did it?
Speaker 3: That is definitely what did it? And I don't think so, but go with it, you can do it. Big moment for our buddy Shippy, the DJ at the Stars. I would imagine, dude, hold on, I want to say this. I sat there.
Speaker 1: I was actually at a brewery Saturday night down in It's White Rock Brewing, and I'm sitting there with my wife.
Speaker 2: We're kind of having a date night.
Speaker 1: We've been bouncing around and I'm sitting there at the bar and we watched the third period together and it's kind of empty at this point, so I'm yelling loudly by myself. But when they cut to the crowd and the crowd is just going absolutely nut s bunkers, I did immediately think of Shippy.
Speaker 2: Mike. He's the first person I thought of.
Speaker 1: I was like, dude, he is behind his DJ setup right now, controlling the music with eighteen thousand people going so insane.
Speaker 2: That's gotta be such an awesome rush for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is the most That game is the most Stars I've watched all season.
Speaker 2: That's a good time to watch. It was awesome.
Speaker 5: Did you feel guilty at all? I felt a little guilty because I was like nervous going into that third period, especially at the end when they pulled their goalie.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh God, Oh, God of God.
Speaker 5: And then, like I just said, I felt guilty because I haven't been watching the Stars because in all the MAVs drama that's been going on.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, this is so guilty. This is important, like that what she says is very important. The MAVs drama covered up a lot of Dallas Stars Hockey's They were really good, and they also lost the last eight games the regular season that hurt things.
Speaker 2: They had a terrible stretch. Two of their best.
Speaker 3: Players are hurt and didn't play in this series and are coming back in the next series.
Speaker 4: It's hasten In and Robertson. Yeah, and they're both going to be ready for Game one.
Speaker 3: Yep, they'll be ready to go Winnesday. Well they think so. I guess it's not official that they're in.
Speaker 2: Is it here at winnipe at Winnipeg, Okay, so we need.
Speaker 3: To do timeline this thing real quick. January twenty fourth, there's a guy for the Stars who had the hat trick on on Saturday night, Miko ratting his name. January twenty fourth, he was traded from the Colorado Avalanche. The Stars just beat to Carolina. And the reason he was traded is because they Colorado was like, well, we already have a player who's a little bit better than him. We're not gonna pay him, we think we don't want to risk losing him for nothing. If you remember what happened within two weeks of January twenty fourth around here, I don't.
Speaker 2: Like to bring it up honestly. Mm hmm, Mavericks traded Luca to the Lakers. Yeah, I'll say it louder for those driving in the rain. The Mavericks trade Luke to the Lakers.
Speaker 3: Oh so, then the March seventh deadline, a month after Lucas traded, the Stars call up Carolina who this ranting guy plays for, and give them the stink Oven. A guy named stank Oven. Okay, I think he's pronounced it stink Oven. But the snak of and goes to Carolina, we get Ratting and then sign him.
Speaker 2: Stank Ovan was.
Speaker 1: Real love, by the way, No, no, no, because I remember on that timeline I saw a bunch of Stars people crying about it.
Speaker 2: They did the snanky leg. Every's heavy score. It's a big deal.
Speaker 4: So put it in, uh, put it in another sports perspective, like, uh, how how good of.
Speaker 2: A player is ranting in? Like if you were if it was an NBA or NFL top twenty five player in the league, for sure, but he's what how old? Twenty eight? Okay, so they were just like, we don't but in hockey they started eighteen, so right. Uh.
Speaker 3: But the Stars immediately signed him to an eight year, ninety six million dollar deal, which in hockey is really good. And that's out there with the highest paid guys, okay, and man, it's Naji Marshall money in the NBA. So he's he is immediately top three player for them. Uh yeah, yes, Well maybe Robertson Hints and and Hiskin and probably what about Johnston. Maybe they're a goal or yeah, maybe they're goalie Ottinger or two. Started a lot of good players, but here's what Colorado was doing. Colorado was like, well, you know, we have guy who usually maybe this guy is just playing really great because he's next to this guy. Maybe we can you know, divvy up the team a little bit whatever. Ranton is also very loved in Colorado, gets involved the community, has a lot of charity work things like that. He gets traded and then traded to the Stars and they're like, Jesus, he get traded to one of our rivals and then he did that to them on Saturday night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, and you know what that reminds me of. That reminds me of the way the Napoli thing went down. Napoli got traded too. I believe it was Toronto and then immediately flipped over to US Toronto. I think who was it it was. He got traded from the Angels to somebody. Well, he went to Boston Apple the Angels to somebody and then flipped in back with us and then he went and spanked him a long time ago.
Speaker 2: So then why did the second team trade him?
Speaker 3: Because they're not as good and the Stars offered them the state, but they were just like wait, they they wanted him.
Speaker 2: They acquired him and then they were like, yeah, maybe not. Do you want conspiracy stuff? Yeh. Do you know who owns the Carolina hockey team? Huh? I do.
Speaker 1: It's that guy we had on our show many years ago, Dallas resident Tom Dundon. Okay, so who started top golf.
Speaker 4: So the conspiracy would be that he got him in order to flip him.
Speaker 2: He hooked him, He hooked the Stars up. He's got a special side deal going with Gallardi. That's you creating that.
Speaker 1: I just made that up right now on the spot, because I remember Tom Dundon was the owner of the Carolina hockey team.
Speaker 4: Because there's no way they would have straight up traded him to Dallas. No, it would have had to have been a second team, right, and then he how long was he on that other team?
Speaker 2: About two months?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, less and less than five weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they decided we'd rather rather than pay this guy long term, we will take up because the Stars gave a pretty nice package.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we gave him the stink of him two first and two thirds, and then we got him. And then he did that. He took it upon himself, put the team on his back. Yep, And the Dallas Stars are back Wednesday night in Winnipeg.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll talk more about that later in the week, but coming up next Comedy Royalty Conan O'Brien is honored and we have hilarious audio.
Speaker 2: You do not want to miss it next right here on the