Speaker 1: It's nice d Ray undoing Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Welcome back everybody, fourth and final hour. Thank you very much, Dan Watkins. We are once again talking about the turbulence in the stock market. Another uh zig. It's been a zig zag last few days. There was a there's been more I guess ziggs than zag's. There was another downward zig today after yesterday's upbeat news. So we're going to talk about it. It's as simple as that. It is no question the story of the week. It may be so it may be eventually the story of the year. I don't know. I want to thank Tatsu Ikeda, who was really a great guest last hour, but most importantly go to substack and Tatsu Tatsu's newsletter. It's it's an incredibly easy read. Uh it is. It's made for anyone. Okay, you can be a have a doctorate in economics, or you can be someone who never finished high school. It's understandable. And in addition to the read the three thousand or so thirty one hundred words which has some graphs which help you understand that. I mean it really is an economics course, but an economics course which everyone will understand. He also takes the thirty one hundred page read and puts it into AI form, and you can listen to seventeen minutes of what would appear to be two people, a man and a woman, discussing the article and involving all of the important points in the article what did he mean by this? And they go through it. It's brilliantly done. That's just the only way I can describe it. It's brilliantly written, and it's brilliantly presented in AI form, so you can listen to it again. Tatsu's Ta t s U. That's his name, Tatsu, so it would be apostrophe s newsletter on substack. Well worth. The effort now got full lines. I'd like to hear from you. You can react to Tatsu. You can react to what went on today. You can take whatever position you want. I do just want to take one moment to correct myself. I was incorrect. Last night, Donald Trump was convicted of thirty four counts of what's called a Class E felony in New York. That was the case that deserves much more attention. It is on appeal. My suspicion is it will eventually be overturned on appeal in which the case was brought by Alvin Bragg. It was a misdemeanor at worst, it was bootstrapped up to a felony. And again it is technically it is a felony. My friend John from Pennsylvania was correct on that I was incorrect. I like to set the record straight. We can talk more about it. Obviously, there was no sentence that the judge who was clearly Judge Mershon Juan Mershawn, who was should have been disqualified from handling the case in the first place. At the end of the day realized that the person who was about the sentence or could have sentenced as the president, the President elect United States of the United States. He Bragg actually had suggested that they would hold this was a vicious, vicious use of a political use of the court system. It's as simple as that. It's as simple as that. There's probably thousands of New Yorkers who have done similar things. He was it was a prosecution, a political prosecution, plain and simple, and class is the lowest level of felony for falsifying business records. And it was only became a felony when they linked it to another crime, which was I guess they linked it to a federal crime. Federal prosecutors would not pursue the case. It was the most corrupt use of the American judicial system that I have ever seen. I've never said that before, but it was. It was an effort to attack him and take him out as a political candidate. And again technically is drawn correct, but certainly from a position of fairness, it was nothing. It was nothing, and I hope that case is overturned. So I want to correct the record as I often do. Uh, And we're gonna move on. We will move on to our calls. Let's go next to who's next? Robert in New Brunswick. Robert, you were next on Nightsicker.
Speaker 3: Right ahead, can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Yes, we can hear you, find Robert. Thank you for holding through the news on Nightside.
Speaker 4: I've said this is regarding the person you are. It's more of a subject regarding the person who were talking to mystery.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: That's fine. I can handle whatever comments you'd like to make if you'd like to.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, it's regarding the whole terror issue and everything. I understand. I understand the mission because I used to be a tool maker.
Speaker 3: Okay, and I know the.
Speaker 4: Whole I've lived through the whole China on thought things, I personally would and I get it completely.
Speaker 2: Okay, However, okay, I think there was a however coming here, So you go right ahead, make your points. Go right ahead, sir, Okay.
Speaker 4: Here, try to make it quicker, all right, because I was just walking some bitter out of book. Anyway, The thing is, why did the Japanese attack on pro Harbor do the pro Harbor thing? It was because of trade issues and bem bargled the oil. Okay, they were not good actress, but nevertheless, it was rooted in an economic issue. Many conflicts are rooted in economic issues.
Speaker 2: I would agree with you, I would agree. I would agree with you on that. I think you're correct. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Historically point my point did this?
Speaker 2: If I can, I just have a little bit of a conversation with you. I just wanted to say, I do not know if that's specific. I think it might have been a little more complicated than that. I think that they attacked Pearl Harbor because they may have felt that that was in there, this sphere of influence, and they didn't like the expansion of the United States. But I'm not going to dispute that, but I will agree with you, Okay, Robert, Robert, let me agree with you if you would. Can you hear me? You know, I'm trying to simply, I'm simply trying to agree with you that most wars, most wars are over economics.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, okay, now, relevance now, okay, we all know you yourself have mentioned the vulnerability of Pelan, right, Okay, are now here think about this now? Okay? The Chinese from the Chinese perspective, they're a commonist country, right, same communist party that was running China. I'm buck in the career war things. You see, they're just using economics as a way to keep people busy, you know, like manufacturing all this kind of stuff. Global trade. Their main priority is to retain control, all right, They're not that. They have a different playbook. So the deal is. I mean, you don't have to agree with me, but this is my point. My thing is this. They want Taiwana. But what's restrained them. Two issues the fear of the United States. Maybe in reality it's the Navy that's going to do it, be a resistance and economicsy, Okay, global trade. Now, Uh, both of those things have been putting out. When mister Trump be rated Zolensky, to me, that was like a green light to change. It doesn't look great that the US is going to come to the aid of Taiwan, at least that they're possible interpretation number one. Number two, they have to worry about the economic aspect, you know in United States closing up the market blah blah blah. Were there that that reality is now when you're a plus one hundred percent or more terrorists and if that's actually going to happen, where do they get to lose? So that's my point. Taiwan is extremely vulnerable.
Speaker 2: Well, Taiwan is vulnerable. However, Taiwan as the I think it produces about sixty percent of the chips that this country needs. The computer chips this country needs, it would be for this country, no question, China Taiwan. So don't assume, and I hope that GI is not assuming that we would not define Taiwan. And I also think by the way that Taiwan would be defended on a bipartisan basis, there is at this point probably a split in Washington that the Democrats are a little bit more supportive of Ukraine than Trump for a whole bunch of reasons. But you make some interesting points. Have you called my show before? Is this your first time calling?
Speaker 4: I tried last week, but I didn't understand the whole I heard the radio on the phone and I thought, oh no, I don't know what's going on. I didn't understand that that's just being put on all. I didn't yet.
Speaker 2: Well, and the way the future, you're not our only listener, by the way, we have listeners all over Canada. As a matter of fact, in a second, we're going to be talking to Greg and Ontario.
Speaker 4: So please you're in Boston. I just want to make a final little comment. There's another guy, a journalist in Boston, but he was cut off. I'll come Asbrooks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know again, that's a whole different state. That's about five years ago.
Speaker 4: Journalists.
Speaker 2: I'm just want to feel free. Look, I'm not commenting on my competition or people who work at other radio stations. Okay, I play for iHeartMedia. I play for WBZ. It's like if I play for the Red Sox. I'm not interested in talking about guys that play for the Tigers of the White Sox. I hope you can understand and respect that you feel free to call again. Thank you very much, have a great night, Good night, we'll take a break. Coming right back on night Side.
Speaker 1: It's night Side with Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the phones we go, I promise Greg and Ontario. Greg, you're nextcell on Nightside. Welcome back.
Speaker 5: Good Hi Dan, good to talk to you again.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. You're just just said Robert from New Brunswick, and uh so I just wanted to make sure that he knew that there's other people in Canada listening to the Nightside.
Speaker 5: Go right ahead, Okay, Yeah. I listened to the conversation and some of the calls with Kiatsu. It was good, Oh hot to Okay, Sorry, Oh.
Speaker 2: No, it's just to to spell it write in case people. John, it's ta t s u.
Speaker 5: Tatsu tatsu Okay, got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Was listening to Uh. It was good to hear like yourself. It was good to hear a calming voice. You kind of explained. I didn't get the whole conversation, but I got the gist of it towards the end, and I think he's absolutely right. I think we turned to panic a bit much. And I'm just going to go back a bit back around nineteen about the nineteen seventies when I was a young man, and I remember working in the Windsor area across in Detroit the automotive sector and tool and die. And I've witnessed then, as most people our age did or my age, that when things started leaving North America going to Mexic grow and then eventually going overseas and just guided the industry here in Canada. I know that tool and die and everything. I had friends actually going into Mexico who are working in some tool and die shops, actually setting up shots and literally taking away their own jobs. So what I see mister Trump doing here is basically just taking back what was taken thirty forty years ago, because I do remember the amount of industry in this country into North America in general, and when I bought things, everything said made in the USA or made in Canada. And I have no problem with President Trump trying to reestablish that to benefit the whole of North America and give people back some good, stable jobs.
Speaker 2: You know, I think you're right. You know, it's interesting you have an election for Prime minister coming up up there when is that selection in May?
Speaker 5: No, it's actually just over just under three weeks the twenty.
Speaker 2: Years late April, right, yeah, it is late April. My mistake. What did the polls show on that up.
Speaker 5: There, Well, the polls showed Paul way ahead by twenty points, and when Carney got in, he had this little honeymoon period what like usually happens, and then the polls kind of what his favorite. But what's happening now is things are dead even But I got to be honest with you, I think they're totally incorrect in the polling here for many reasons, and I believe that PAULV has still got a lead in the end. I think just from what I'm don just my conversations with people here and what we've endured in the last nine years with Trudeau, people are definitely want to change, just like the United States. They just want to change.
Speaker 2: That's that's the analo. In other words, it seems to me that PAULIEV, if he gets elected, uh, he would be a much easier person for Trump to deal with. And you folks don't have like an electoral college like we do. It's a popular vote. It isn't that Ontario has so many votes, and New Brunswick has so many Your vote is the same as any other Canadian. Correct, it's a it's a pure democratic vote. Whoever gets the most votes wins.
Speaker 5: Well, it's a little different than electoral. It's based on like your writings in the seats and the writings, so in a sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a parliament, it's a parliament. Yeah, it's a parliamentary election. Yeah, I guess that. I think for that that correction. So, so then the question is how many seats do you have up there in your parliament? How many?
Speaker 5: Just for curiosity, Oh god, you called me off guard here, I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to do some research of that because I want to understand that. So you so you know, it'll be interesting if if if Canada wants to back Trump uh and and and and wants to wants to be shoulder and shoulder with the United States, they should be voting for Paulief. They don't need another uh Peter Trudeau or another Justin Trudeau.
Speaker 5: No, you're correct in that science just for sure, one hundred percent. We we can't we Dan, we can't afford another liberal government in this country for four years, because I think the damage at that point in time would just totally be irreversible from what I witnessed in the last nine years anyways, for sure.
Speaker 2: All right, well, Greg is always thank you so much for your call. I appreciate it very much.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you, Okay, thanks Dan, And let's get those bruises back on track next year.
Speaker 2: Right, It's a lot of work to be done here, let me tell you, yeah, imagine, all right, thanks, let me go to Lamar in Boston. Lamar, are you in next on nights? I get you in here before the bottom of the r Go ahead, Lamar.
Speaker 3: Yes, thanks for taking my call. Dan, welcome your your guests mentioned that he started his research in nineteen eighty. I think that's rather convenient, because for the entire decade of the nineteen seventies the stock market did very, very poorly. It was a lot of volatility in the market. But the Dow started that decade at around eight ten, and by the end of the decade the Dow was somewhere around eight forty inflation adjusted terms. The S and P five hundred lost nearly fifty percent of its value during the seventies. And I'll say, finally, and by the.
Speaker 2: Way, if I could just jump in the seventies was not a great time for the United States. We were struggling with you know, historically, you know as well as I do, with the end of the Vietnam War, Nixon's impishment. They then had had the tumult in the Middle East with the arrival of the Ayatola hostage takeover, the nut and and Jimmy Carter had the oil embargo, and Opek was was trying to establish themselves. So, yeah, your career, you're absolutely correct. The nineteen seventies was not a great period of time. Good in many ways. I mean, Disco was king and all of that sort of stuff, but from an economic point of view, things things were not great. Go ahead, I didn't mean.
Speaker 3: To interece and and and and just let me say that he said something about the labor unions were you know, I'm not sure quite how he expressed, uh, the feeling in America about labor unions, but Ronald Reagan contributed to that ill feeling towards labor unions because remember when the air traffic controllers went on strike, fired them. He fired them. And I think and I think and I think the the the the the termination was permanent and he had UH and and he had military UH air traffic controllers manning the UH the towers. So I just want to, you know, you know, I just want to, you know, UH bring these you know, items out to shed a little bit more light on your guests and his research.
Speaker 2: I think I think what he was I think what he was saying, Lamar Lamar. I think what he was saying was that that if manufacturing comes back to the United States, which would probably be a good thing for unions. I think that he was saying was that the world has changed in terms of you know, computerization, artificial intelligence, robotics, all of those sorts of things that are existing today and developing today didn't exist in the eighties or the seventies or the sixties when the unions were much stronger. And I think he's saying that if the unions wants to want to come back, they're going to probably have to make some adjustments. I didn't see him as being anti union. I think he was basically being instructive or trying.
Speaker 3: To be in and and and and I just wanted to bring, you know, the point out that Ronald Reagan had a role in the demise of the labor union movement here in the United States. You see, I think.
Speaker 2: That I agree with you. I agree with you on that Reagan had been the president of the Screen Actors Guild as an actor. Uh And and you're correct that his his attitude towards unions over time changed. Uh and and and there's nothing that you have said that is uh is incorrect. I think there's a place unions uh and important. Yes, I do, Okay. At the same time, I think that sometimes the unions have to be a little more realistic uh and say, Okay, where do we stand? How is that? What is the company doing? What can the company afford? The union is a is a very important counterbalance, But the union can never kill the goose that lays the golden egg.
Speaker 3: And regarding geese that lay golden eggs, I just wonder about the impact that uh, the goose that is resigned in the White House. Now, what is what impact is he having on our allies? Are they thrilled you know with the way uh uh he and the vice president you know, have treated them, referred to them. You know they're going to going to unite. You know, he has shown uh see, he.
Speaker 2: Wants he wants our allies in Europe to pay more in NATO. I'm not opposed to that, sure, but he doesn't subsidized for years. So yeah, the other thing, you I just want to go back to the unit thing real quickly, Lamorrow. I'm not trying to confuse you, but Donald Trump support had more union support in this election than any Republican in my lifetime. Yes, ironically, ironically so well and and and Trump now is saying let's bring you know what union jobs back to America. That's part of what hist what part of what his motivation is here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you know, it's rather interesting. I think it was David Brooks on television two or three weekends ago. Uh he used the term uh in referring to Donald Trump, that he's an extortionist, so some of the support.
Speaker 2: It doesn't surprise me that David Trump would use that term towards Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, you know, and he's a conservative and.
Speaker 2: No conserv David Brooks lamar place, please please, David Brooks is not a conservative. I mean, come on, he once was a conservative, but he is no longer a conservative. I mean it's like the liberals now love Mit Mitch McConnell because Mitch McConnell hates Trump. They now want to beautify Mitch McConnell.
Speaker 3: Come on, David Brooks is to the right of center. Whether you want to call him a conservative Republican, what would you call him?
Speaker 2: I always call him a guy who has changed his political philosophy. There are always people on both the right and left who switch. I mean, I'll want Doug shown go ahead, No, I'm saying I watch people, uh, you know who, for whatever reason, fall out of favor. You know, Donald Trump has changed the Republican Party a little bit, and there's a lot of people in the Republican Party who are not comfortable with Donald Trump. Look at Dick Cheney. Do you remember when Dick Cheney was thought of by the American left as Darth Vader. He was the evil genius behind George Bush. Now they want to put him up for sainthood. The American left does because he hates Trump.
Speaker 3: Because because yes, because they are standing up they are more American than Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: But they weren't American when he was Darth Vader? Were they? Lamar, we gotta have a much longer conversation. I've gone eight minutes. I'm five minutes into my newscast here I got I gotta run away, but thanks again and come on back anytime. I enjoy you calls very much. Thanks, I apologize to everyone. We're five minutes into the newscast. Let it rip, Rob Will be right back.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm w Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the calls. Let me go to Will down to Long Island, Will next on Nissager right ahead.
Speaker 6: And then I think Ronald Reagan realized.
Speaker 7: The corruption and the union far outweighed the benefits of the union in that modern that today's legislation and regulations and OSHA and things like that had really leveled out the disparities that caused the need for the union in the first place. Right, So there's a lot of that that's involved.
Speaker 2: In I still think there's a need for unions.
Speaker 7: I think I'm not saying I'm an anti union person. I'm just saying that it's not it's not the Lase Fair Day and putting kids down in coal mines. Okay, the different times. More importantly, the Canadians, whether they vote right or left, at the end of the day, their leader will capitulate. Okay. The United States has four hundred and twelve billion dollars worth of imports from Canada. Canada's GDP is two point one trillion. We're literally twenty percent of their economy. They'll pander to their base right now, and the left will take a stand and pretend they're anti Trump, but at the end of the day they will capitulate. They have no choice. Now, don't get me wrong, we export three hundred and fifty billion dollars to Canada, though it's in our best interest. Now arts trading partner and one of them, we'll be on the same page. But I think at the end of the day, though.
Speaker 2: Also come they're also our neighbor. They share most of our values. There's no reason you have to unnecessarily aggravate a neighbor.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, right now, they're playing their political game and they're trying to produce It's always popular for the left to take a stand against Trump, but at the end of the day, the Canadians know what they need to do. More importantly, as far as the markets are concerned, it's a reaction everything right now to uncertainty, because at the end of the day, you have no clue what these tariffs are, what they'll be levied, you have a little we're singling out China, which was really obviously the goal. We have no idea when they're going to be implemented. We have no idea if they're going to be implemented. We have no idea what the reciprocal tariffs are going to be, if they's going to be retaliatory tariffs, you have no idea. And then even after they're imped these things are lagging in nature by by quarters, by years, we'll have no clue. We'll have a little bit of an idea of forecast like these earn these calls right now, the forecasts have to be like, well, we don't know. They're given scenarios right now. They're like, if this happens, we forecast this. If that happens, we forecast this. It's an unprecedented time in America right now. So what's happening in the markets. These knee jerk reactions to news sometimes it gets very you know, reactionary. You're in one of those moments right now.
Speaker 2: Are you still the market?
Speaker 7: Okay? Now, yes in some ways. And let me tell you what happened yesterday, huge thing. So in the morning, I'm talking manage it hundreds of millions of dollars, right, and we're speaking, and I said, listen, the market is up and down and up and down, and I'm short in the way of this. It's not a naked short. And I'll just explain to you simply what it is. I own inverse ETFs, their directional ETFs. They trade like stocks. If they if the market goes down, this thing goes up, so you could buy it and sell it like a buck. Right. So therefore, if I own a thousand shares, it means that if it moves every dollar it moves, I mean a thousand dollars on the downside. Right. So now I covered them before the markets went bananas, because it's going up and down and up and down. And I said, you know what, this is usually what happens when we could see the capitulation near a bottom. Let's just cover them up, like fifty percent in a few days. Let's put in a stop loss if the thing, if it keeps going, I'll hold it and I'll keep moving the stop and if not, if it falls down, I'll block it. At thirty the thing drops so fast because the market went up so fast, I almost got stopped out even lower, and I put it in because there was no buys for it. Right this thing was just flying down. So I got out probably up about thirty percent, And at the end of the day, I bought an option to put the qu'es qqq's where the trades at. Okay, it represents if the Nasdaq goes up, this goes up, I'll put you buy as an option to bet that it's going to go down. So at the end of the day, I bought it to say that it's going to go down. Not much, because my investments are usually this is like my little trading account. I don't I'm not going to trade my whole life's my whole life's work on this. Okay, it's a very small speculative account. And then I bought it to go down in the morning, which it did. Now my theory is I'll buy some long options that'll give me a month before expiration, and I'll say it and I think that things are that we're going to at least have some bounces in between. Maybe I could catch one of those. But as far as things like selling my stocks that I own that I believe in, like Apple and Amazon and four and you know, a ge and Johnson. And Johnson own that legacy stocks that I'll give to my children or maybe they'll give to their children. No, I'd be buying more. I'd be buying more, all.
Speaker 2: Right, fair enough, I believe in my core value. I'm up with my break. Thanks very much for calling. Thank you for that, for that take the other day, and we will talk soon. Have a great one. Okay. I got a couple of lines real quickly here. I got Jack coming up, I got Gary. They will be next, and then if you'd like to try to get in, I think I'll be able to get you in. Try six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty. Try six one, seven, nine, three one ten thirty. I hope most of you have followed the conversation tonight. I believe it's been a really good conversation. I think the callers have made the show tonight, and I think Tatsu Ikeda was an excellent guest and I'm very happy about that. I'm also happy about the conversation we had in the Canton train truck collision from yesterday. So I think I've had a really good show tonight. And let's finish on coming back. We have Jack and Mattapan, Gary and Wubrin. You guys stay there and we got room for you if you'd like six one seven, two, five, four, ten thirty or six one seven nine back on night side.
Speaker 1: After this, You're on night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, we got the next up, Jack and Mattapan. Jack, appreciate your patience. You're next on nightside.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, Well tell you what's really funny. Trump's on giving a speech, and meanwhile I'm watching the Dow Jones and you know, the other one, and every time he said the word the marcat would drop and drop and drop. You know, I believe the guy's dealing with he's dealing with the twenty first of the century economy, with the nineteenth century economic program. House are good.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, well, there's a lot of countries that have tariffs, and I think he's trying to to minimize or get rid of them. I assume you're not a Trump guy, follow your of course not. Of course I get it. So therefore, my view of this, and you may or may not agree with me, is that it's a huge gamble. I'm not sure it's the honest gamble in the world. But if it works out and the other countries around the world said, okay, if you lower your tariffs, we'll lower our tariffs, and he wins, then that will be good for the country and it would be good for him politically. If, on the other hand, this thing continues to go in the wrong direction, it's going to hurt him politically. It's going to hurt the country, and therefore it will hurt himolitically. I think it's pretty simple. I'm not sure how it's going to end up, but he's he's made a big bet. As a matter of fact, I think I would argue that he's bet his entire a second term as president on this this action. He can't back out of it now. I don't think he can turn around and say, hey, I was wrong. That's not in his nature and see where it goes. Did you happen to listen to my ten o'clock hour tonight or no?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: I did not.
Speaker 2: Well, I had a fellow on whose name is Tatsu Ikeda, who's a pretty smart guy. If you have a chance tomorrow you might want to just give it a listen. I will try and replaynide on nightside on Demian dot Com. Tatsu is a really smart guy and he sees this as Trump trying to stand up to china expansionism. He got into some of the things that China is doing right now. I mean, we got it's a complicated world out there. No, I wish I don't have the answers. Give me, give me some answers. If are some ideas that you think whoever the president should be doing well at.
Speaker 8: First off, you go back to Sam Rayburn. You know, Uh, any jackass can knockdown abound a texta captain the build wood, and I think, right now we're dealing with a jackass. The economy was not in bad shape when he came into power. You know, maybe in place there was a little hot, but it was all manageable. And first off, I wouldn't fool around with the Chinese because it's you know a lot of the leaders were educated here, so you know, uh uh, I just think, uh, we're playing an economic war that we don't have to get into.
Speaker 2: You know, Okay, fair enough, Well, do me a favorite. I don't know how often you call the show, but you have a different point of view than some of my callers. Please continue to listen to the show. Call the show again, and let's continue this conversation. Fair enough.
Speaker 8: Well, I haven't called your show before, so but this thing, it was just like watching the Maxico down. It's like and it's like Don Recles.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough. Yeah, I mean you've called him a jackass, You've called him Don Rickles. So I think you've insulted him pretty clearly. And I think you've made your position clear. And come on back again and you can give them some more insults. Okay, not a problem. All points of view are welcome. Thank you, Thank you, Jack, appreciate it. Gary and Wouburn. Gary got time for you and a couple more.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Gary, I'll make it fast. I talk to people who are much older than me, and it's mother than me because i'mber three stooges guy. They just say about Trump that he's a man who saw tomorrow. He's come around in our lives right now where we need somebody strong like him. When he was the president last time, the stock Markeet was up all the time. This is his game plan. Stock Marcket's gonna be down like crazy, probably till this September, until everything starts rocking. And rolling till these countries start saying, hey, listen, mister president was sorry. He was sorry, and he's gonna build up the bank account. I don't know why people put him down. I'm sure you agree with me, right, Dan.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that I don't know how this is going to turn out, but I think that he's got some advisors. I think he's got some pretty good advisors. I'm not a fan of Pena Navarro, the trade advisor, but I think Navarro stock has gone down substantially. And I'm rooting for him because if he does well, that country does well, just like I was rooting for Joe Biden. Simple as that.
Speaker 7: The reds what's that?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What's the Red Sox? Before you go, I want you to do two trips this year because I want to meet you on one of these games.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the deal. We're not doing a We're doing a brunch on April twenty seventh at a restaurant in Western Now, Raleigh, n E.
Speaker 5: R O L. I.
Speaker 2: Rob will give you my direct line. I can help you out get some reservations. Come on out and meet a whole bunch of nightside people. Gary. I'm sure they'd love to meet you as well. You're well known nightside caller on a well known nightside listener. Hang on and Robie, give me my direct line. Give me a call tomorrow. I'll call you back fair enough. Thanks er, All right, Let me go from Gary and Wooburn. Let me go to Tim and Wooburn. Tim, I know is gonna be there. Tim, you and Gary could carpool together.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Tim, Tom's great. I'll be here at twenty seven. Let me say this about Trump anyhow. I think the last time the country right, gasoline and food was inexpensive.
Speaker 7: I'll say that about him, and.
Speaker 6: I hope he brings that back. Gasolene is so expensive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, gasoline is down a little bit since he's been there. Gasoline bought. I bought gasoline last last week at my pell Gary's store liquor I shouldn't say the liquor gas station on Route nine in Wellesley for two seventy two dollars seventy three cents a gallon. So and oil is now down around sixty dollars a barrow. That means gasoline going forwards is going to continue to go down.
Speaker 6: That's good. I think Trump will bring things back. I will I voted from.
Speaker 2: All right, well we'll see, we'll see. Hey, Tim, I got one more. I'm going to sneak in here. Thanks for checking in late. I appreciate it. Okay, thank you much. You bet you see you then? Okay, thanks, thanks very much. Tim. Let me go to Joe and a Ridge. Joe, you got final comment tonight, go right ahead. We only got about Hey, how much we got here, Rebell? I got left? Yeah, I got about thirty forty five seconds for you, Joe, go right ahead.
Speaker 9: Boy, all right, well, I sell cars, as you know. I'll talk to you before.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 9: And I'm looking at the window stickers and thirty seven percent as the parts are sold in from Canada, thirty seven percent from Mexico. We're adding two hundred and fifty jobs in Fort Wayne, Indiana, but it's not going to help us in the long run with tariffs. The other day, your first guest was telling us everything's been suspended but the auto industry, and I could tell by your tone yourself, You're like why. And what I'm saying is, even though we're producing more Silverados in this country, it's not going to help the numbers of the imports we're getting is still going to get tariffed.
Speaker 2: All right, Joe, I've gone a minute with you. If you'd call a little earl, we could spend some time, but I'm running out of time, so I got to let you go. Thanks. You had final work tonight. Thanks Joe, appreciate it. Have a good night. I want to thank Rob. I want to thank Maria. Want to thank all the calls. We had a bunch of really good callers tonight. We had excellent guests. I want to thank all of you. I will remind you. I'll be on Facebook in just a moment, a nice out with Dan Ray. I'll review the show for you. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie Ray is who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's why your pets are who passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. We see game tomorrow night on nights Side. Everyone Dan Ray for Nightside. Have a great Friday, everyone, tgif it's almost Friday,