Speaker 1: Five O five A thirty five k r C, the talk station.
Speaker 2: SIS s sh a vacation.
Speaker 3: You're fired, You're fired, and lots of people falling into that category lately under the new administration.
Speaker 1: Happy Friday, Eve, slash Thursday.
Speaker 3: Bryan Thomas right here, glad to be and always welcoming phone calls. Got some time to talk. If you have anything you want to talk about, feel free to give me a shout five one, three, seven, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk and pound five fifty if you have an AT and T phone and coming up with the fifty five Caresey Morning Shore. Thank you executive producer Joe Strecker for lining up the guests. Great lineup this morning. Ken Blackwell, love that man. Ken Blackwell is going to return to the program at six point thirty and get his thoughts on Trump's first few days. Lots of activity and lots of talk about. Of course, on immigration, things are really lighting up. Lots of criminals being arrested and some absolutely heinous and horrific crimes many of these illegal immigrants have committed, and certainly justifying rounding at least them up. They all are quality, are they all subject to deportation, all people who have entered illegally, and yes they're entitled to a hearing in many cases not so much anymore. We'll talk about that as well. But in the final analysis, you've got child rapists out there.
Speaker 1: I'm not kidding you.
Speaker 3: I just saw a list of the criminals that they rounded up north of three hundred just yesterday, and among them multitudes, I mean, just all kinds of people who have committed sexual crimes against children. And yet there are still Democrats out there in these blue cities fighting it and saying they're not going to cooperate with ice that may get them in trouble. We'll talk about that as well this morning.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 3: Dave Williams Taxpayer Protection Alliance on the heels of Ken Blackwell is seven five. Trump leaving the World Health Organization yay. And the Paris Accords yay. Trump's big first day. And the need to extend the Trump tax cuts as soon as possible. Yeah, it's going to cause economic chaos of those things don't get renewed or extended. Americans for Prosperities Donovan and Eil on Ohio Energy Policy doing a partnership with the Buckeye Institute, good efforts on the behalf of Americans for prosperity. We get a rundown from Donovan at seven thirty, and of course fast forward to eight thirty. Love talking to Jay Raytle. If I heard media aviation expert got airlines rolling out seats that can recline without reducing space for the person behind it. Oh, what a welcome change that'll be. I don't know if you've flown very much, but it's almost as soon as the plane takes off, that seat in front he ends up getting reclined.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it.
Speaker 3: Takes away from the knee space. Resident Trump decides to replace the head of the TSA lask Airline, says that thanks to their employees in a big way, United Delta and Boeing donated to the Trump inauguralal fun how about that crew suspended after landing on the wrong runway.
Speaker 1: Whoops?
Speaker 3: And then, of course we always end up with hub delays, and we saw massive, massive numbers of flights canceled because of the what they're calling blizzard that's kind of went through Texas and the Southern States the other day. Still struggling with cold temperatures down there and they have no snow equipment. Someone reported on what's going on in Houston. You know they don't have anything. They've got to import or ship down some snowplowing equipment from Dallas. I guess gets snow on a more frequent basis than Houston. Hey, Houston probably one of the hottest cities I've ever been to. We had a client in Houston. We used to have to go there fairly regularly. You don't want to be in Houston in the middle of summer, But here we are, blizzard in Houston.
Speaker 1: Is it global warming anymore?
Speaker 3: We have to deal with these things because global warming, and they don't call it anymore. They call it climate change, which conveniently allows everybody in the green movement to call every weather event climate change. Okay, and I just wanted to bring this up. I'm troubled by this.
Speaker 1: This add this to the list.
Speaker 3: Every Senate Democrat voted yesterday afternoon against invoking cloture on legislation requiring the babies who survived botched abortions receive medical care. You have to pass cloture to get the bill advanced, to have an actual vote on the Senate for it. They wouldn't even advance it, so they had, but this obviously reflects the position of the Democrats, which I think is absolutely unsupportable. And I don't care where you are on abortion. It doesn't matter. The baby survived the botched abortion. The baby has been born, it's still alive. And we've heard stories about this, and I feel fairly confident this does not happen very often. I don't know, but there have been widely circulated and reported stories about this type of thing happening. It was the Born Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act James Langford, Republican from Oklahoma introduced. It requires that healthcare practitioners provide quote same degree of professional skill, care and diligence close quote for a child surviving a botched abortion as they would for a child during a routine childbirth.
Speaker 1: Senate fifty two to forty.
Speaker 3: Seven against advancing, and therefore found to overcome the sixty vote filibuster threshold. Langford said, yesterday, my Democratic colleague has been an hour on the floor saying that a child who survives a botch abortion should die. I disagree. This is not just an academic issue, he said, it's real. It's in fantaside in fantaside is already illegal, but it is still allowed. Is a tiny little loophole that if an abortion is botched, everyone can just back away and watch the child die. They do not have to give that child medical care. Set of Majority leader John Thune said the Democrats would vote against that.
Speaker 1: He predicted.
Speaker 3: He said, they will vote against protecting for a living, breathing newborn baby because the child's been born alive after an attempt at abortion. They're afraid if they recognize the humanity of a living, breathing born baby in an abortion clinic, they might end up pointing to the humanity of the unborn baby in the abortion clinic. Now, I don't think they would. They so profoundly wed to the idea that abortion is a good, great thing that no, I don't know that they would necessarily do that. They're immune to the challenges of the argument over humanity. Chuckie Schumer called the Born Alive Bill as pernicious as they come. In his words, it attacks women's healthcare. You know, I read those words when I'm thinking of the live baby there, separate from mom living outside the womb. It attacks women's healthcare using false narratives and outright fear mongering and adds more legal risks for doctors on something that's already illegal. Well, apparently it's not illegal to let the baby just pass on without any medical assistance. Anyway, This bill passed the House last last year or twenty twenty three, rather only one Democrat voted for in the House.
Speaker 1: But the point on this now just put in a sense.
Speaker 3: Let's say the woman getting any abortion in giving birth to a live baby because the abortion wasn't successful, let's say she was an illegal immigrant. Doesn't have to be that scenario. I'm just piling on a little bit by making it this weird phenomenon. The Democrats are arguing, yes profoundly, and I don't know that they I think they have the better side of the argument. If you're born in the United States, you are a US citizen. The anchor baby argument, right, that would be a US citizen live, yes, breathing, yes, struggling medically. Of course, we're talking about a situation where there was a boxed abortion. But moving away from that scenario, any baby born in the United States is subject to the rights under the Constitution. A human being is laying there. The mere fact that they're finally out of of the womb, so you get away from these arguments about women's healthcare, and you know, we're all I think most of my listening audience is probably against late term abortions, and me profoundly so because you know, as I mentioned many times, both of my children were born at eight months, done and over with the uh the process. I wore out both.
Speaker 1: Of them, fully.
Speaker 3: Cooked, very healthy, eight months Democrats, are you that my children could have been aborted if my wife wanted to go get an abortion. But moving away from that ugly, ugly reality, you know, once someone's born, they are subject to and given the rights granted by our constitution. They are protected and titled to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And I've made this argument before. If there was a lawyer standing there and they didn't provide any medical attention or care and allowed that child to die, I think the lawyer could go in representing the interest of the baby in court and make a good argument to the court, which would probably be granted emotion to well, provide them medical care. You can't just let them die. And then there's the hippocratic oath. Yes, you're a doctor providing abortion services for women. But you're still a doctor. Do no harm and for this subject came up. Yes, stay with doctor James Thorpe, just freaky stuff. In his book Sacrificed how the deadliest vaccine in history targeted the most vulnerable. He said, every doctor who insisted on forcing you to take a COVID nineteen shot to the exclusion of all other avenues, and all those who bent to the knee of the corporate money and the government money that was flowing into their lap to support and push the COVID nineteen vaccine in spite of the fact that he documented, they knew how much damage it would do.
Speaker 1: And that's the point. Do no harm.
Speaker 3: By providing these vaccines the most notably pregnant women, they did harm and knowingly did harm, given the just overwhelming evidence that the COVID nineteen vaccine was causing women significant problems and causing the fetuses significant problems, including well miscarriages. Hippocratic oath and dollars do not negate hipocratic oath, he pointed out.
Speaker 1: So, I mean.
Speaker 3: It's just another illustration I think of the of the craziness and the lack of humanity that most of the folks on the left just sort of embrace and the idea that you know, humans are just like festering cockroaches killing the planet. Five sixteen fifty five KRC Detalk Station. Feel free to chime in if you care to. Would love to hear from you. Five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred two three talk. I will be right back after these brief words.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: The recent wildfires that revage five nineteen Friday Eve and a happy one. Also a fifty five KRC dot com conversation with Judejennena Paulatona on TikTok freedom of speech, and we talked about anchor babies and the big picture with Jack Atherton about the expanding number of young people who are shifting over to the conservative side of the Ledger.
Speaker 1: Welcome news.
Speaker 3: That not welcome news. They're still getting hit in California. We get another fire that are it yesterday? The Hughes fire great reportedly erupted yesterday, prompting the evacuation orders of tens of thousands of people. Hughes fire, reported yesterday morning, located in the unincorporated community of Kestake in northwestern Los Angeles County. As of eleven PM, the fire was only fourteen percent contained and had already burned over ten thousand acres and of course reports of structures being burned what you'd expect. It says zero structures damaged or destroyed. Four thousand fire personnel have been assigned to that particular fire man. I'm telling you they must have imported so many firefighters out in California. Court to Los Angeles County Fire Department Chief Anthony Maroney said, the weather is what is prominantly driving this fire and it's spread right now. Red flag warning remains ineffected until ten am Friday. Remains a difficult fire to contain, although we are getting the upper hand. Fifty thousand people reportedly affected either by an evacuation order warnings. According to the La County Sheriff, Robert Luna, parts of I five were closed that did reopen last night. The urged residents in the area to leave immediately according to cowfire Alert immediate threat to life. This is a lawful order to leave now. The area is lawfully closed to public access. That's just amazing to me. They just cannot catch a break. Out there and going back to one of the reasons they can't catch a break. We've talked about this so many times since all the details have been revealed. They had assigned and allocated money and projects and created a list of projects to be done to clear out all the brush and all the flammable materials, you know, this forestry management type of stuff, which they had neglected for years and years. This of course is independent of having sufficient water to put fires out when they start. But every time they had tried to move forward, as I've read the facts and information widely reported, when they started to engage in one of these you know, brush cleaning projects, environmentalists would file lawsuits based upon whatever environmental regulation have gotten place in California. This would invariably hold things up for a long period of time or ultimately result in the cancelation of these efforts to prevent the fire from engulfing. Like Los Angeles, which it's happening now, environmental groups standing in the way of necessary work. Oh, let's pivot over here. City of Cincinnati along those lines. According to a local nonprofit group that has raised objections to the Brent Spence Bridge project, they claim that the project the Brent Spreads Bridge a bridge quarter project will pollute the Ohio River and put more than a dozen plants and animals considered endangered or threatened at risk greater since a Coalition for Transit and Sustainable Development once the Ohio epaight is shut down the project by denying the water quality surve which I guess is necessary in order to move forward.
Speaker 1: According to the group and its.
Speaker 3: Press release, the agency should not allow degradation of a vital source of water in favor of a highway expansion. The Ohio River already faces signivican environmental challenges as this project would add, and this project would add to those burdens, the coalition said. Backed by Davout Good Foundation of Covington aka Sustainable City, the group apparently wants supporters to ask the Ohio EPA to deny the water a permit via petition. The Ohio Department of Transportation to the bridge project is complying with all applicable legal requirements while delivering a project that will bring safer, less congested travel and job opportunities to the region, which I suppose it. Well, they've got to build a bridge. There's job opportunities right there. And the flow of commerce must continue. It's one of the most valuable highways. From the entire length of it, I think is five one percent of our nation's economy goes up and down the highway there, and of course this will make it more efficient. I a point out the construction is going to be taking out about ninety acres of forests, seventy four Kentucky, sixteen in Ohio, narrow strips of land running along the sides of seventy one and seventy five two acres of streams, and two point four acres of wetland. That's what the coalition stated in their documents, and they claim we'll see increased pollution caused by additional traffic after the construction is completed. In terms of species, they claim sixteen species could be potentially harmed by the Brent Spence Bridge Bridge project. Seven endangered muscles, including the washboard, elephant ear monkey face, wardy back butterfly, ebony shell and Ohio pig tooe muscles. Four endangered bats, the Indiana bat, northern long eared bat, gray bat, little brown bat, and the track colored bat, which is not yet endangered but it's proposed to be endangered. I guess its endangered status is pending. Two fish, the Channel darter and River darter, tiny ones one to three inches long. They are one bird they claim is threatened, the black crowned night heron, and finally the Virginia malloy perennial herb with white flowers that grows up to ten feet tall listed as potentially threatened.
Speaker 1: Channel.
Speaker 3: In my mind, Joe Strecker, sometimes I think you're clairvoyant. Ohio, for example, will have to relocate muscles no more than a year before the construction starts. Muscles should be moved between May and October. First, kept in water except when cataloged four quote no longer than one minute at a time. Close quote, and we've located upstream to similar or better habitats according to how Department Natural Resource Muscle Survey protocol.
Speaker 1: We've got one of those.
Speaker 3: Additionally, Kentucky will contribute to its slate of Imperiled Bat Conservation Fund, which I wrote loll after because you know, throwing money into a fund, I presume the fund money is used to get I hope result in bat conservation. But if you're going to go ahead and move forward with the project and endangerous bats putting money into something doesn't negate the reality of that. It's like carbon offs, it's carbon credits. You have to pay money to emit carbon. That doesn't stop the carbon from being miitted. It just makes your business more or less profitable.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 3: Don't know if this argument has any merit, but like the environmental laws stood in the way of getting the brush and all the flammable material cleaned up, among other blocks, we now have environmentalists coming in to stop a much needed, long long awaited for bridge reconstruction project or bridge construction project, one that even back to the Obama administration who campaigned in front of the Brent Spn's bridge promising well these construction dollars seems to be bipartisan support for the bridge project. Five twenty seven fifty five KR see the talk stations stick around. Local stories coming up are alternatively phone calls. Either way we go, I'll.
Speaker 6: Be right back fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's Bobby Bones. Join me at former interview.
Speaker 3: It's five thirty year fifty five car CD talk station. Happy Friday Eve. Remember about your over at the fifty five KRC dot com. Checking out doctor James Thorpe's podcast and getting his book Sacrifice. In addition to the other things there, get your iHeart media app. It's easy to stream the audio wherever it happened to be. And listening to podcast. You can listen to all the Iheard media content. It's like lots and lots and lots of it. Plus it's good for the show. Trust me on that. Good for Joe Streker two. Remember we want to do a podcast called Just Strecker. He's the podcast guy. People who are expressing some concerns, I don't think they're legitimate. Over Trump's executive order with regarding the infrastructure projects. Of course, the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act Biden signed in a law November twenty twenty one provided funding for certain infrastructure projects, including well more than one point five billion for the Brent Spn's Bridge Corridor project that was earmark for Ohio and Kentucky. So one of the executive orders his son would repeal implementation of the BIPART as an infrastructure law, or at least some of the projects under it, and there was a clarification issued. White House issued a clarification saying that President's action requires agencies to immediately positives person one of funds appropriated under that infrastructure law, but this only applies to funds supporting programs, projects or activities associated with.
Speaker 1: The Green New Deal government.
Speaker 3: Wyane asked about this, and everybody needs to relax. I mean, this bridge can instruction of the whole planning for it obviously takes a lot longer than we wanted it to. So it's not going to be built overnight.
Speaker 4: We know that.
Speaker 3: But there's nothing that the White House has done today that is going to slow down what we see as far as the progress with the bridge. No, but the environmentalist might Andy Bischer, speaking with Fox nineteen nineteen, said that, well, he does have concerns about the executive order. He's not concerned about the well the project, the funds for the project.
Speaker 4: He said.
Speaker 3: President Trump previously promised to build a companion bridge, and now he has a chance to keep his commitment. Yeah, I don't think that that order encompassed the Brents Men's bridge project. Well, let's go over and see what Dave's got. I got Dave on the line. Hey, Dave, thanks for calling this morning. Happy Friday eve to you.
Speaker 7: Hey, Happy Friday eight.
Speaker 1: Thanks. I was listening to Levin.
Speaker 8: Last night and we all know he.
Speaker 7: Deserves our respect because he's definitely put in his time, all the books, all the knowledge, and he disagrees with our judge about the jurisdiction all persons under the jurisdiction. Oh argument the judge made.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen both sides of the argument, and I okay, So where do you fall. I'm not sure how. I'm not sure. I think that both sides make a good argument, and it's you know, you can put one against the other, and it's one of those fifty to fifty things. Well you make sense, and well you make sense. I think it's it's foolish to allow the mere fact that you're here in this country and give birth to a baby. I don't think personally that should qualify you for citizenship. But the way the law is written, or rather the Constitution is written, the argument can be made for that because you know, as the judge pointed out, I am subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. Here I sit, and if I commit crimes, you know I'm going to be prosecuted. Same thing goes for a foreigner foreigner here, an illegal immigrant, a legal immigrant, and with the exception of as he pointed out people who have diplomatic community, they're not subject to the laws of the United States. That's his point about giving birth in an embassy. Now I didn't get the chance to ask him if he gave birth to the baby in a hospital, not in the embassy, if that baby would have a birthright citizenship if they were a child of a diplomat. But moving away from the diplomatic part, everyone who's in the country is subject to the jurisdiction of the United States of America and the laws local laws, county law, you know, state laws, federal laws. So that's where that argument comes from. And I think that makes sense. But I think it's a stupid policy because of this whole anchor baby concept and the fact that people will come into our country merely for the purpose of having a baby, so they enjoy the US citizenship right and everything goes with it, but don't have any connection with our country at all.
Speaker 7: So I don't have they come here, have a baby and leaf exactly.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: You see, that's where where reality runs headlong into the way the language is written. You know, I was having a conversation with somebody about this yesterday. You know, wouldn't it be great if you could go back and whisper into the founding Father's ear as they were writing the Constitution, something like, hey, you know, ins far as that's second Amendment is concerned, don't put a well regulated militia in there, Just say the right to keep him bare arms shall not be in fringe. You'll save us a lot of headache down the road. And ins far as this you know, citizenship thing is concerned, you know, subject to the laws of the United States. Once you put provide a little bit more clarity on what you mean on that, or don't put those in there, it's you know, we're left with what they gave us, which is a brilliant, beautiful, wonderful document that has allowed us to live, thrive, and survive for a two hundred and fifty years. But here's where you end up with some confusion because it isn't clearly defined or stated. That's what we have courts for, and perhaps this will end up in courts, you know it will. He's signed an executive order taking saying there is no birthright citizenship. Someone's go sue maybe the first illegal immigrant who gives birth, you know, during this week five thirty five fifty five care see the talk station. Thanks for the call, Dave, so I can more definitively explain it. But I said, both sides make great arguments. I'll be back after these reefords got to stack of stupid dive on into or more phone calls, which I welcome here on.
Speaker 6: The morning show fifty five KRC.
Speaker 5: Your hands were.
Speaker 3: Called channel line. It's gonna be a high thirty one today. Florias are possible.
Speaker 4: Later this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Toddy Sky's over nineteen pouds decrease.
Speaker 3: Let the world of ninety degrees a sunny day tomorrow at high twenty five down to thirteen overnight. A few clouds return in a cloudy Saturday, go up to forty one though eighteen degrees.
Speaker 1: Right now, time for the first traffic reports.
Speaker 9: Friendly you see U Panhic Center, You see Health. You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal would and makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you see health dot Com. Highways are doing fine this morning. No accidence to deal with north found seventy five and northbound for seventy one, both wide open on the bridges into downtown south to seventy five. Not bad at the Carol Cropper after the Lorrence burned ramp. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC Beat talk Station.
Speaker 1: Five thirty nine.
Speaker 3: If you've got KR City talk station, stack a stupid.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I understand a five year old maybe wanting Pokemon cards, but adults fighting and brawling over Pokemon cards at a California Costco this is sad and pathetic. Of course, there's viral footage out there showing shoppers at the Atwater Village Costco and Los Angeles fighting over coveted Pokemon cards that happened on January sixteenth, NZ.
Speaker 1: Thank you joe Leaus, accord.
Speaker 3: To New York Post reporting, the cards weren't any normal Pokemon packs, but the desired desired. That's see the problem is that they're desired. Hunt one fifty one Blooming Waters Premium Collection packs. Collection of cards originally sold for one hundred and twenty dollars one hundred and fifty dollars, highly sought after by resellers and scoppers after the wholesale franchise started to list them at under sixty dollars last week. One suspected reseller wrapped himself around a younger man who was carrying two boxes and fought over the box set. Younger man viciously elbowed his attacker in the face, while a female shopper yelled at him, get the F word off me, bro one shopper set. Unrelenting man continued to hold onto the pack while the other shoppers struggled to carry theirs away from the area, people again ordering other shoppers to call the police because of the unruly nature of the crowd. Police were not called though, to the store, and no arrests were made, no serious injuries reported, thankfully. These are pieces of paper just walk away, yeah, you know, and whether or not they actually would or could just leave. It's like the beanie babies. Oh, it's a limited edition, yeah, limited to what however, any damn number of babies they want to to manufacture. It's a collector's edition. Yeah, and they got like nine million of them out into the world anyway. One eBay listing selling ten packs of these for fifteen hundred and sixty four dollars and seventy eight cents last bid as of the reporting on this. You have something better to do with your money, like, use that money to cover the cost of eggs. An Australian cruise companies sent a parade of workers marching through a ship dressed in pointy white hoods and I'm looking at a picture of it and yes, it is reminiscent of the Ku Klux Klan.
Speaker 6: Do what the hell?
Speaker 3: Footage of this stunt shows eight p and O cruise cleaners walking by a pool on the ship's desk while dressed in the face covering hoods along with all white outfits. Happened in December.
Speaker 1: What the hell?
Speaker 3: One outrage passenger posting a video on Facebook? Is this appropriate for twenty twenty four? No, it was never appropriated, and the footage of one in the foreground of the video can be seen eyeing the clan like spectacle with an exasperated facial expression. We were like, are we seeing this correctly? It was so bizarre, said one passenger from Melbourne, Australia. She's like, she said, what the hell? She asked company for an explanation. Cruise company said the workers were dressed as are you ready for this? Upside down snow cones? During the Christmas theme event on the Pacific Exployer voyage from Melbourne to Hobart. Piano Cruises Australia representative told the outlet we regret if a recent incident on a Pacific Explorer cruise offered or rather offended any guests. The cleaning crew had never heard of the KKK organization before the incident, said Piano crew folks woman. She said, no one can seriously think that was their intention. Not clear why workers were dressed as quote snow cones close quote for a Christmas event, but they said the costumes and other resources are limited on cruise ships and I'm sure snow is something the Australians are really familiar with. They see it all the time and would immediately get that those clan looking folks were intended to be viewed as upside down snow cones. Whatever, Thank you, Liam. Nicole Paulino of Gathersburg in Maryland spoke of her anguish after she was mistakenly declared dead. She made the discovery after applying to renew her driver's license. She said she was left frightened and surprised. Her words as a text informing her she was officially dead, showed up in the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration system. Speaking with local news there ABC four, it then appears that I am deceased. I got a little frightened. I'm not gonna lie and surprised. I mean, because I am alive. I'm here. Officials informed her she could not renew her driver's license before she received a letter from the US Internal Revenue Service describing her as a deceased taxpayer. Health insurance for the mother and three children also canceled, prompting a stream of medical bills and leaving her unable to get the inhaler she needs for asthma. She said, this really really messes up my life. It has affected me a lot, affected my health, my mental health. Then she got a call from the Social Security office, who told her the mistake was the result.
Speaker 1: Are you ready of a typo?
Speaker 10: I'm not.
Speaker 3: According to the representative, the funeral home tried to a funeral home, tried to report someone else dead, but got a digit wrong in the Social Security number, submitting Paulino's number, and said soca's security administration, speaking the same news let, said its records were highly accurate. In less than point three to three percent of the more than three million death reports they receive anually were later corrected, so suggisting around ten thousand reports were wrong each year. Attorney Joseph McClellan. This happens almost on a daily basis. The impact is the worst impact you can have on your credit report. Yea death five forty six, thirty five kresity talk station, more stupid coming up, hang.
Speaker 11: Out you right back fifty five the talk station. All right, you said, but today nine four casks. We have high on thirty one today, maybe some clories this afternoon.
Speaker 3: It'll be mostly blotdy skies down to nine degrees overnight. So these guys tomorrow I have twenty five overnight thirteen a few clowns and a cloudy Saturday, dry though, and a high of forty one eighteen degrees.
Speaker 1: Right now, time for traffic.
Speaker 5: From the u SEL Traffic Center. Right and you see help.
Speaker 9: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal, would make your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care from better outcomes. Expect more at you see health dot com, noe rex on the highways to be with early on this Thursday morning, northbound fourth seventy one wide open past Grand so Is in bound seventy four at Montana Chuck Ingram month fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 3: By forty nine fifty five KRCD Talk station. Of course, it being Thursday, I heard mediaviationsh for Jay rayleiff On today thirty got a bunch of talking about. I saw a Facebook bust at four inches of snow down at his Savannah house.
Speaker 1: Do you see that?
Speaker 3: Joe broke a record from like the late eighteen hundreds or something. See we moved down here for mild temperatures. Anyway, A couple in Petersburg, Kentucky, where they got snow, built a nine foot snowman and didn't expect it to attract vandals. It's a matter of instant karma here. Codyltz said his fiance was visiting him in Kentucky and was excited because, well, it's the biggest snowfall she's ever seen. His fiance, Laura from Mississippi, some of the snowfall during her weekend trip that both the two of them celebrated. We had a full weekend of sledding and snowball fights and making most of the winter Wonderland's speaking with CBS News, of course, that included building a snowman, rather unorthodox way to build a snowman. They used a massive tree stump in the front yard as the base for the snowman. They got finished, making him as nearly ten feet tall. I had a massive top hat. Of course everyone could see it. What said, everyone driving by loved him, and way and honk to express their light. However, evidently not everyone was a fan. I arrived home to find a set of tire tracks across my yard ending abruptly at the base of the snowman. He realized at that point someone tried to drive over the snowman and knock it down. However, since the base of the stump was a base was a massive tree stump, they failed. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. And a photograph that was posted with it, you can see that the bumper of the car left this massive imprint in the snow was formerly the base of the snowman.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And of course they said they felt the snowman was meant to build and teach the vandals a lesson, calling it, yes, of course instant karma. Imagine what the front of the car looked like, I know, you know, imagine the reaction to the people who wanted to do it. Oh my god, Dad's gonna kill me. I wrecked his trunk. Five elderly African elephants that the Colorado Zoo are going to stay there. This after the state's highest court said the animals have no legal right to demand their release because of course they're not human. Colorado Supreme Court, in a six to zero decision, the term of the Jambo, Kimba, Lulu, Lucky and Missy are going to remain at the Shayan Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs, following a similar decision from twenty twenty two by New York State's highest court Court of Appeals that another aged elephant, Happy had remained at New York City. Bronx U Animal rights nonprofit non Human Rights Project brought both cases on the elephant's behalf under a legal doctrine known as habeas corpus, which I brought up yesterday in so far as the jay six protesters are concerned, Citing affidavids from several animal as seven animal biologists, the group told the Colorado court the elephants are highly social and mobiles share many cognitive abilities with humans, including empathy and self awareness, and when confined in zoo experience and boredom and stress that could lead to brain damage. Court said Colorado habea's statute applies to persons, not to non human animals, no matter how cognitively, psychologically, or socially sophisticated they may be. It also said Non Human Rights Projects concession during oral argument that it was seeking only different confinement, not complete freedom, for the elephants, was another reason to treat them and humans differently.
Speaker 1: Court to do justice.
Speaker 3: Maria Beckencotter, writing, the case does not turn on our regard for these majestic animals generally or these five specifically. Because an elephant is not a person, the elephants here do not have standing to bring a habeas corpus claim on their part. In the statement, non Human Rights Projects to the decision perpetuates a clear injustice that consigns the five elements elephants, in their words, to a lifetime of mental and physical suffering. They say they have not determined their next legal steps. Well there aren't any. You've already been through Colorado's highest court. If you think the Supreme Court of the United States is going to grant sert on this, I got a bridge.
Speaker 1: I want to sell you.
Speaker 3: A delayed Brent Spentz Bridge project. Alternatively, Oh real quick here, that was stock as stupid, But I just want to mention was sort of lamenting and bemoaning the fact that the Morgan Canoe Livery on the Little Miami was closing and they're making into a wildlife sanctuary kind of thing.
Speaker 1: That's great, But they.
Speaker 3: Just announced because they were there keeping the Indiana location open. Well, it's for sale. Located in Southeast Indiana, Morgan's Brookville Canoe Center is officially for sale. They're it's going to be open and up and open for business. You know, if there is no buyer this summer, the Morgan's announced. But if you're looking for a business opportunity and you're enthusiastic, it's part of the announcement. You have the right vision and leadership, you might have yourself. Well, I'm a canoe livery. If you're interested, I don't know what they're asking for. It listed on White Realty. So if you are thinking about maybe a new business to start, Morgan's Indiana Canoe Livery for sale five five fifty five krs. The talk station more to talk about a lot on immigration in the next hour or any other subject you want to talk about, feel free to give me a call five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight two three talk.
Speaker 1: I'll be right back after them.
Speaker 5: Is your voice, Thank you for talking my call, your country.
Speaker 12: Thanks.
Speaker 10: Refreshings. Here it every day fifty five krs. The talk station in today's Marketers report.
Speaker 1: CEE the talk station. It's Friday, even happening to you. Bottom of the hour.
Speaker 3: The return the man, the mental legend that is Ken Blackwell, the great guy Ken Is. I love when he comes on the morning show. We're going to get his thoughts on Trump's first few days. Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance, Jeff Shreucker and my me have a story I didn't get to from the stack is stupid. The other day, Philadelphia Mayor apparently can't spell the word Eagles. I guess trying to gin the crowd up that Joe said he's a product of their own failed school system. Anyway, David was apparently a Philadelphia Eagles fan. Dave from the Taxpayer text Line is going to talk about Trump leaving the World Health Organizations in Paris Accords, his big first day with all the executive orders and why we so desperately need to extend the Trump tax cuts.
Speaker 13: Just let me hear you.
Speaker 14: All saying, oh that's pretty.
Speaker 1: E L G S. Yes, Yeah, How are you supposed to spell it? Joe?
Speaker 3: I can't believe that I didn't hear the sound, but it I just saw the article that I didn't.
Speaker 1: Hear this sounes. That's embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Oh well, elections have consequences. That's someone I guess who is addicted to spell check. Anyway, don to Neil America's keep that please so AE Dave comes on. You can do it again, Donald Nei Ohio energy policy you can be partnering with the Buckeye Institute and hopefully advance the energy policy is something I talk about with Representative Odioso the other day from District thirty about energy policy.
Speaker 1: Jay Ratliffe at eight thirty I.
Speaker 3: Heard media avastion expert and we've got a lot to talk about, including the fact that he got four inches of snow at a Savannah home. You can call feel free five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. It's begun Immigrations and Customs Enforcement finally doing their work. Let's see a bunch of arrests. Got the reporting from Fox News on the credit where credits due Between midnight January twenty first and nine a m. The twenty second, thirty three hours, ICE Enforcement to removal operations arrested over four hundred and sixty illegal aliens, including those with criminal histories. And this is what they're focusing on. Remember, because I'm Tom home and the borders are I got some comments on this.
Speaker 1: Criminals.
Speaker 3: The primary focus is to go after the evil doers that are in our society and shouldn't be here period.
Speaker 1: End of the story.
Speaker 3: Criminal history, sexual assault, robbery, burglary, aggravated assault, drugs and weapons offences, domestic violence, resisting arrest. Here's the following countries that they arrested nationals from ready Afghanistan in alphabetic order, Afghanistan and Gola, Bolivia, Brazil, Columbia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, l Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Senegal, and Venezuela. Apparently took place all across the United States, including Illinois, Utah, California, Minnesota, New York, Florida and Maryland. They issued more than four hundred and twenty detainers, which are requests that ICE be notified when national is released from custody. Nationals were arrested for crimes including homicide, sexual assault, kidnapping, battery, and robbery. Get a load of some of these. Jamaican national named Camaro Denver Hay arrested for promoting sexual performance by a child less than seventeen years of age and possessing sexual performance by a child less than sixteen.
Speaker 1: Years of age.
Speaker 3: Mexican national Jesus Baldas Armandoza convicted of second degree assault of a child. Arrested in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Columbia national Andreas Urgela Para arrested in San Francisco, OH Sanctuary City. He has a conviction of sexual penetration with a foreign object on an unaware victim. Lord almighty six illegal immigrants from MIAI in Miami from Guatemala criminal histories including child abuse, battery, fraud, resisting arrest, WI and trespassing as well as vandalism. Over to Boston. Agents arrested multiple MS thirteen gang members. Interpol red notices. I didn't know what that was and look it up. It's an initial cap on that Interpol red notices. I guess that's the international police looking for these folks. They found them, along with murder and rape suspects. The Department Homeland Security has also removed limits from powers of expedited removal, a day after it rescinded to Biden air a memo restricting where ICE can conduct enforcement operations, expanding the powers for these folks over the borders are Tom Homan. He was speaking on Fox and Friends yesterday. We're just trying to help public safety in your community. And I guess he's directing these comments towards sanctuary cities and the outspoken individuals who are are against helping out and will stand in the way of ICE doing its job, and they may be in trouble. People like Attorney Arizona Attorney General Chris Mays, I will not have any part of and will fight the attempt to set up what I believe are essentially concentration camps and family separation camps in the state of Arizona, which home and respired. He called it insultant, said, we said, right out of the gate, Lawrence, we're going to concentrate on public safety so she's saying that she doesn't want public safety threads out of the community. I also insulted by the term concentration camps. Are you serious? We just lost the Border Patrol agent a shooting up in Vermont yesterday and they're not and they're the Gestapo. Are you serious? Concentration camps. ICE has detention centers. They're the best standards in the entire industry. I'll compare ICE detention standards in any state or federally or any county facility in the entire world. We got the highest detention standard. So that's an insult and it's a lie.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 3: He said, help work with us because you're forced. You've forced us in the community. Here's what's going to happen. We'll find a bad guy, but when we find him, it's going to be with others. Others that might not have criminal priority. But guess what if they're in the United States illegally, they're going to be arrested too. Sanctuary cities are going to get exactly what they don't want. More agents in the communities, more people arrested, more collateral arrests. So that's a game they want to play game on And as to his statements. Their statement, Rather, sanctuary CITI is going to get exactly what they don't want. That's what the woke officials don't want. You asked the population, the citizenry that has to deal with it and the limited resources that these this influxibilitgal immigrants has brought to their communities. I bet you most of them say no, we want them here. We want these folks out of here. They've ruined life, housing shortage, you know, schools are packed and crowded. Do no other resources to take care of them. They're here legally, Holman said, we're concentrating on the worst first, the public safety threats and national security threats. And just yesterday, in the last twenty four hours, ICE arrested over three hundred and eight serious criminals. Some of them are murderers, some of them are rapists, some of them rape the child, some are a sexual assault of a child. So ICE is doing their job and they're prioritizing just as the President said they would. ICE is performing excellent right now out in the field, and they're going to continue every day. So I want to save lives, secure borders, save lives. When President Trump locks this border down, less women and children will be sex traffic in the country. Less aliens will die making that journey. Under President Biden, we've had a record number of people die acrossing the border. And here's fun figure for you, folks, a six hundred percent increase in sex trafficking. Just think of the horror that so many people have gone through and something that was encouraged by the Biden administration. Let's see what Steve's got a Steve, thanks for calling this morning, and a happy Friday Eve to you.
Speaker 12: Yes, sir, you're on eight cylinders today.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 12: I'm still on four. But you know that's me. You're you and I'm me, and.
Speaker 4: One day I'll grow.
Speaker 12: Up and then be on eight cylinders. A couple of things on the stack of stupid ani a mini one and then the main one. I'm calling. And I know Dan Hill or Dan Hills was the former head of the FOP, and you had a good relationship with him, and he spoke very sensibly. And there's a new head of the FOP and I don't know his name, but I do know that the local media or the media got a SoundBite from him, and he was happy to make something black and white that is very gray, and he's upset that Trump would pardon anybody that would fight with a police officer. Is not upset about He's not upset about the fact that there's at least two dozen and FBI informants that were encouraging people to do this. He's not upset that there were police officers that there's opening doors and letting people in. So he gave them the SoundBite they wanted. That's the mini stack of stupid. So just based on it being gray and not black and white, you think he would kind of keep his mouth shut. But maybe he's smarter than me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ken Kobert, he's been on the program quite a few times.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I've heard him on your show. I don't think he's smarter than me, but maybe he is. Secondly, and this is the main reason, but you know whatever I'm going to call I think of something else to say. But my main stack is stupid, and you were hammering him pretty good earlier in the week. I'm not I'm not a sports fan. I used to be. You know, if it's on, I'll watch a few minutes here and there. They are mercenaries. They don't represent me in any way. They'll play for anybody. What do I care. It doesn't affect my life one way or the other. But with the stadium, imagine, here's the stack of stupid. You are in a family of multi millionaires, You were born into the wealth or you married into it. You happen to be affiliated with a football team. You want the county to pay for repairs that are more or upgrades that cost more than the stadium initially costs. And they're actually sitting down negotiating.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 12: The stupid is the millionaires that think they're entitled to this. The stupid is also the side negotiating with them. It's like, I agree with you one hundred percent. You got a pretty nice stadium. Not everybody can have the nicest home on the block. Not everybody has the best one. I'll never forget Ricky Henderson at one point was the highest paid player in baseball, and then somebody else became the highest paid player in baseball, and he was like, had this hour look on his face, like he was not happy anymore. It's like the juvenile mentality on both sides. Go ahead and go somewhere else. I mean, you know, do it, I mean, knock yourself out I mean, you've got a really good stadium. I can't you know the baseball stadium they use eighty times a year, the football stadium they use eight times a year, ten times a year. What a waste of money. And the fact that they would even consider throwing and the county officials if if the Bengals are asking for a billion and the county officials negotiate it down to eight hundred million, they'll be patting themselves on the back like they saved the county a lot of money. It divinity on both sides.
Speaker 3: I'm not disputing what you're saying, but the figure isn't yet yet that high. I think it was three hundred million dollars ask on the upgrades. But regardless, I don't I can't argue your point, but it goes down to it. It's a contractual relationship. The reason they have and can demand these upgrades is because the least agreement that we entered into with the owners allows them that, and they can ask that, and it requires the taxpayers at Hamilton County to fund certain upgrades.
Speaker 1: It's part of the contract.
Speaker 12: Bob betting House for the Bengals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean, we all know.
Speaker 12: The negotiated for the county, get run out of office or whatever, and got lost his ship whatever it was, left his job, guaranteed employment with the Bengals. That there's no that, nothing smells bad about that, does it.
Speaker 3: Oh No, No, that's never, ever, ever not left this tension the room.
Speaker 12: Yeah, of course, nobody's supposed to remember anything.
Speaker 3: Well, we're living the reality of those negotiations right now, and that's where these obligations in the county come from. If they negotiated a better agreement and those can clearer heads have been in the room at the time, maybe we wouldn't be struggling with this right now. I don't know, but I agree with you all day long. We shouldn't have to and shouldn't be worried about having the best facilities in the country. You can't keep competing with the Joneses. You can play football though, it's right there. Look the field, and they got locker rooms and they got seats.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Six nineteen fifty five Kricity Talxation Odor eggs it will get rid of the stenchi of politics, which that has an air of. But celebrating twenty five years it's a local business, so you can help support a local business while getting rid of the stench that you need to get rid of smoke, mold, mildew, pet odors, human odors. It's just pretty much literally every well, not literally everything, I guess it's literally everything except the stench of politics. But odors is key and their natural ingredients essential oils. You literally can apply a couple of different products directly, like on your dog. It's not going to do them any harm at all, but it will get rid of whatever it rolled into or that skunk spray. And again it works on smoke. I keep them Otoagic Magic in my car to get rid of food odors. It's a product for the air around you. So if you have odors and you don't like them, Otor exits the place to go. And again, congratulations on twenty five years O d O r XIT no e ootor exit dot com. Order from the website. It'll be there tomorrow on your front porch as long as your order before three o'clock and you can buy it locally to using the search engine right there on the website. Odor exit dot com.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 3: Over your nine first one to one forecast Today will be cloudy mostly maybe some snow or floorries rather than the afternoon high have thirty one down to nine degrees overnight. Sunny sky is tomorrow with the high twenty five down to thirteen overnight, and on Saturday it's going to be cloudy but a bit warmer, going up to forty one.
Speaker 1: Bright now sixteen degrees. In time for traffic update.
Speaker 9: From the uc UP Traffic Center, and you see healthy o fine, comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's foundless care for better outcomes, expect more, and you see.
Speaker 5: Health dot com.
Speaker 9: Highway traffic continues in pretty good shape. I'm not seeing any time toblings to be with as of yet. Three car accident on Beakman at Hoppole. One of those cars has caught fire and a water main break cast you down at just one line between Millbrook and McKelvie, unwitting. Chuck King Braboun fifty five KR at s DE talk station.
Speaker 3: About KNA City talk Station. Ken Blackwell returns to the program coming up next.
Speaker 1: And it's widely reported.
Speaker 3: I saw this in Epoch Times as well as political. Department of Justice directed prosecutors to investigate instances when state and local officials seek to obstruct immigration enforcement acting. The Deputy Attorney General Emil Bow said in a memorandum to all department employees that the United States Constitution requires state and local actors to comply with federal immigration enforcement in the federal law bars actors from resisting, obstructing, or otherwise failing to comply with lawful immigration related commands from the executive branch. This is a shot over the bout of the sanctuary cities who plan on obstructing. In the memo quote, the US Attorney's Office and litigating components of the Department of Justice shall investigate incidents involving any such misconduct for potential prosecution, including for obstructing federal function and being violation of a law that prohibits conspiracy to commit an offense against or defund the federal government. Bove said in the three page memo carries a prison term of up to five years for every count. He also cited another law that bars individuals from bringing illegal immigrants into the United States or and here's the assalient point, harboring them in the country. Court of the reporting violators can receive up to twenty years in prison, and can even be executed if a violation results in the death of any person.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Well, this sort of answers the question about those obstructionists. In the memo above also said that the DOJ's Civil Division will look into laws, policies, and activities that quote threatened to impede close quote Executive Branch immigration efforts, such as by preventing the disclosed of information to federal authorities. DOJ officials, where appropriate, take legal action to challenge such laws. He wrote, Wow, new sheriffs in town. I think huh Ken Blackwell coming up next six twenty six fifty five. Care see the talk station. Get in touch with Colin Electric Colin and Andrew Cullen an the amazing team at Colin Electric. You'll love what they do for you because they do it great. The it's electric projects, any kind of electric project. You know, if you want canlights like I did at one point this several years ago. Apologies call Andrew Cullen and the team family inoperaated since nineteen ninety nine. Outstanding of electricians. Of course, their license and they can readily handle any project you throw out them, from the smallest little project to the biggest with everything they do for you. You get a ten year wiring warranty. You can hang your hat on that one. The price will be right again. The service superior. Andrew Cullen knows what he's doing. That's why he has an A plus and the Better Business Bureau. And I'm certainly very happy with the work they've done for us over the years. And they've done a lot of projects at our house.
Speaker 1: So do what I do.
Speaker 3: Call culin it five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two find them online. You can learn more on the website Cullen c U l E and Cullenelectriccincinnati dot com.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 15: Turn up your radio, here's a Sean Hannity Morning Minutes.
Speaker 16: And that is what has been so sad and tragic about the last four years is how preventable all these problems are. You can prevent, you know, you can fund the police, and you can prevent crimes from happening. We could have prevented this disaster, this invasion at our border, allowing in unvetted terrorists and criminals and murderers and rapists and cartel members and gang members.
Speaker 1: We could have prevented all of it. All of that could have been prevented.
Speaker 16: We could have had, you know, an energy policy that would have made the country rich. It could have also involved ourselves in ways to bring peace to Europe and peace to the Middle East.
Speaker 5: But we didn't have leaders that knew what to do.
Speaker 1: It's pretty pathetic.
Speaker 15: Check out the Sean Hannity radio show later today right here.
Speaker 17: It's been used as a store of value for thousands of years. It's known as a safe haven asset in times of uncertainty. It's breaking record after record this year, and many economists are predicting it could skyrocket even higher. Of course, I'm talking about the precious metal gold. Right now, thousands of Americans are looking to precious medals like gold and silver to diversify their savings. Even central banks around the world are stocking up on gold. Is it time you learn more about what precious metals can do for you? Visit hannitigold dot com or call eight five five eight one five gold.
Speaker 1: To learn more.
Speaker 17: Right now, the top rated precious metals company gold Co is offering a free gold and silver kit to arm you with the facts about how gold could potentially help safeguard your retirement. Visit Hannitigold dot com or call eight five five eight one five Gold to get your copy of the twenty twenty five Gold and Silver Kit free of charge. Plus you could receive up to a ten percent instant match on bonus silver four qualified accounts. Visit Hannitigold dot com or call eight five five eight one five Gold. That's Hannitygold dot Com Channel.
Speaker 3: Nine, first one and one. Forecast today, you gotta mostly cloudy day today. It's going to be some flurries this afternoon, at least possible thirty one for the high down a nine degrees overnight. Tomorrow's high twenty five on your sunny skies, A few clouds overnight. That own of thirteen Saturday is going to be cloudy but warmer.
Speaker 1: I have forty one.
Speaker 3: Right now, sixteen degrees at five per set talk station traffic time.
Speaker 5: From the UCL Traffic Center. And you see Health.
Speaker 9: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more. And you see Health dot Com. Highways doing fine. I'm not seeing any problems to deal with there as of yet for your Thursday morning commute. But a three car accident on Beakman. I had a hoppole passed. Both fire and publice saw on the scene. One of the cars caught fire. Chuck ingraman fifty five KR seed He talked station.
Speaker 1: It's six thirty fifty five krc DE talk station.
Speaker 3: Great day to being time to be tuned into fifty five carsee morning show man. We all love here in the greater Cincinnati area, and people love throughout this country and this great land of ours. Welcome back. Former Secretary of State of Ohio, Treasure of Ohio, former mayor of the City of Cincinnati, and someone who's never ever stopped working. He's with the senior fellow with Family Research Council. Welcome back, Ken Blackwell. It's always a pleasure having you on the show.
Speaker 4: Stop it the money and Brian good to be with you.
Speaker 1: Your reaction.
Speaker 3: How'd you feel when when Monday finally rolled around and Donald Trump got sworn In my reactions, I quite literally, sir, felt like a weight had been lifted, as I've been walking around for the past four years with this tense concern for our country and the direction that is going. It's almost as if someone flipped the switch on.
Speaker 18: Oh absolutely, And that's a that's a good way of looking at it, because once that switch was flipped, a ball of energy and intelligence hit the White House and he just has been working. You know, this guy is not only a business tycoon and a developer. He understands some very fund principles and he actually understands American history. Everybody, a lot of people, particularly on the left, thought he was this looney tune when he said, you know, we're going to put off on the table to denmark to the person's a part of their property. Well everse, oh, he can't do that. Well, howd the heck? Do people just don't remember that we purchased Russia from Russia in eighteen sixty seven Alaska?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they regret selling it to us. But you're right, it can be done. And to your point about him being a businessman, it's like the Bengals. You know, you ask huge, and you expect your initial ask to be whittled away. That's when the negotiation process comes in. So he says he wants to buy it, but look what's happened The folks in Greenland by you know, it's been widely reported may not be all fired up about being purchased by the United States, but it has spurred an independence movement in their country, and they also suggest that they want closer ties to the United States. The reason Trump wants it won there's all kinds of natural resources there that could be tapped in which are not being tapped in. But also because of strategic significance in connection with global affairs. So if they want to embrace the United States and become closer with us, it all starts with a question, with a statement like I want to buy Greenland.
Speaker 18: Oh, absolutely, you know, he's the master of the transaction. The other thing that he really understands is that capital seeks to pay for at least resistance and greatest opportunity. He's not the first to understand that. Reagan understood it, but Trump has been living that principle and understanding that for all of his adult life. And so he understands that one we in fact have to cut taxes, you know, to make in fact it attractive to invest in the US again. The last time around, he was able to create a climate that brought almost two and a half trillion dollars offshore back into the American economy, and Brian, he's off to do it again.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, apparently the idea of getting businesses to move here seems to be working. That's part of the tariff component.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 3: Trump's position is, listen, if we increase these tariffs, more businesses will want to come here and settle up and start up here. Miss was it LG electronics manufacturer, washing machine manufactur?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 3: I believe it was a whirlpool or whatever moving or are talking about moving their Mexican production here to the United States and start producing these items in American facilities. I think Solanis is moving the production of jeeps back to Illinois if I read that article correctly this morning. But it seems to be having an impact. Yes, Solanti's to reopen Illinois jeep plants and produce the Dodge Durango in Detroit after meeting with Donald Trump. Moving in here. So that's what that's the goal, that's the desire, and apparently it's bearing fruit already.
Speaker 18: Well, I tell you I for almost four years now. Another operation, another group of thinkers and action orient people that I have to work with are the folks over at the America First Politic Institute that was headed up by Brooke Rollins. Linda McMahon was the chairman. New Gingridge is on the board and we've we've been working to in fact, put in place many of the executive orders and the executive actions that this president has has has worked on a group of of of scholars and policy walks and administrators came out of the Reagan Excuse me, they came out of.
Speaker 4: The I'm just just pumped up about this.
Speaker 18: Okay, Don Trump's Don Trump's administration and in fact that we're going to go back, and when we go back, we're going to be ready.
Speaker 3: Let's pause, bring Ken Blackwell back. I want to talk a little bit about energy policy, because Trump is unleashing the energy that we have right here, and that's certainly, from my perspective, is going to create great opportunities for more business to come to America. Pause will bring Ken Weell Blackwell back. It's six thirty five right now. If you have KCD talk stationally mentioned a fantastic product and one you wish you had right now in these cold temperatures. That's USA insulation. Your home is under insulated. I bet you're feeling it right now. Is that furnace stop running for the past week. No, it's probably been running non stop. Your furnace will burn out earlier. If your home is under insulated or uninsulated, and that's where USA's premium phone comes in. Call for a free inspection. Maybe you don't know if you're under insulating, so I think I got something in there. They can find out if you have insufficient they can add the phone to that. It's the highest R value phone in the market, made right here in the state of Ohio. Thousands of people have done the right thing and insulated their home and you should too. Call for the free inspection, find out what the quote is and it's only ninety nine dollars a month interest free, and it's very very possible you save more than that on your energy bill. It's about comfort, immediate comfort and energy savings as long as the house still stands.
Speaker 1: Do the right thing.
Speaker 3: You'll be eligible for a twelve undred dollars energy tax credit next year when you're doing your taxes. On top of it online it's USA Insulation dot net five one three three eight one three six two six five one three three eight one.
Speaker 6: Foam fifty five KRC Hey, it's Bobby Bones.
Speaker 11: Join me in former NFL quarterback Matt Castle for our new podcast, Lots to Say with Bobby Bones and Matt Castle.
Speaker 1: Quick Tana nine weather.
Speaker 3: We have a high thirty one today and maybe some floorries this afternoon, cloudy.
Speaker 1: Overnight low of nine.
Speaker 3: It'll be sunny tomorrow, high at twenty five, clouds every night ten to thirteen and a cloudy Saturday up to forty one eighteen degrees.
Speaker 1: Right now traffic time.
Speaker 9: From the UCL Traffic Center, and you see Health. You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes, expect more, and you see health dot Com Highways doing fine. I'm not seeing any problems to deal with there as of yet for your Thursday morning commute. But a three car accident on Beakment at Hoppel has both fire and publice saw on the scene. One of the cars caught fire. Chuck Ingraman fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 3: Six thirty nine fifty about KRCD talks station Brian Twins with Ken Blackwell. Always love hearing from Ken Blackwell and Ken pivoting over. Obviously, Donald Trump hit the ground running. I don't think you could describe it really better than that, all these executive orders and and praees. Dear God, let this be true and let it stick. What appears to be the end of this climate change religion used to be global warming until the blizzards hit the Southern States Ken, and now it's you know, it's climate change. So but you know, pulling us out of the Paris Accord got the National Energy Emergency, which opens up millions of acres in Alaska. We've got more oil, gas and energy in this country than anyplace else on earth, he pointed out. And you know, just go ahead and contract. You want a real time illustration contrasted with what's going on in Germany, the former economic powerhouse of the European Union. They can't even keep their lights on. Factories literally shut down because they cannot afford to pay the energy bill. You don't produce goods and services if you can't pay the electric bill, and the relyant on the wind and solar until ken the wind stops flowing and the sun doesn't shine. Then they borrow nuclear power from France.
Speaker 18: Oh absolutely, Look what the President has said is that he not only wants to make the United States of America energy independent, he wants to make us energy dominant. He understands that we have the intellectual genius and the natural resources to get our economy growing at an accelerated pace, put Americans back to work, giving them ample sovereigns. But one of the things that people don't know is that what by even in fighting inflation, the energy strategy has a high impact. And so he understands that one of the ways that you bring down the cost is in fact making understanding what the petroleum and other energy sources go into in terms of agriculture, in terms you know, just running our factory.
Speaker 3: So plastic, I mean, can we live with that plastic cat?
Speaker 18: He's and look and the reason I tell you, gingas all the time we went back with Reagan and Reagan and and and even Dixon, those folks said we will make sure that America that we improved the air in America and the water. And I challenge anybody to show us where our water and our air is second to any.
Speaker 4: In the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no question about it.
Speaker 3: And you know, Kennis, I've observed many times over the years wealth is what allows you to clean up the environment. When you have an abundance of wealth, you can allocate resources to clean things up or improve conditions. But you have to have the money first.
Speaker 18: Absolutely, and President Trump understands that. But what I really like about the way he's jump started everything associated with Washington d C. Is that this guy never treated any part of America a flower country, right that.
Speaker 4: And so he has.
Speaker 18: Fundamentally realigned the Republican party base in America and he understands that that base, that energy, that imagination, that confidence and confidence and pride in America is what's going to push this train down the track. And that's what people have have underestimated this guy, you know he is.
Speaker 4: He is the true.
Speaker 18: Definition of a blue collar billionaire. Just his work ethic, his love of the country, uh, and his love of Americans America.
Speaker 4: First, Yes, that's his thing, and that works.
Speaker 3: Isn't an amazing you know, that wasn't that long ago that they are Particans of the Republicans with a party of you know, elite billionaires and rubbing shoulders with the corporate lead. They didn't give a damn about the front line Americans. And look at the Republican Party now versus the Democrat Party who are surrounded by all of the corporate greed.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 18: It was so funny being in DC and the inauguration and to watch a lot of and to listen to a so called legacy media talk about, Oh, isn't it awful? Look at it? Look at it? Look at those guys. Who are those billionaires who are with Trump? You know, just a year ago many of those billionaires are on the other side and they don't complaining about them. Then, yeah, but the Trump understands that he could create an environment and that most of those folks have some intelligence and they in fact want to be on the winning team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, real quick here before we part company. Canon, back to the energy thing. I'm really hopeful. I mean, first off, an abundance of energy and resources for generating energy will lower our energy bills. These the laws of supply and demand. If you have a whole lot of it, it becomes less expensive. So we'll all get a raise if Trump's policies move forward, as I hope they do. But part of this component, and it also works within the green religion that's going on out there, Why can't we build nuclear plants? Here in the United States of America. And I think one thing that's going to allow us to unleash that unbelievably wonderful energy generation source is artificial intelligence. You know, when these billionaires want to build these massive AI facilities, and they are, and we need to compete with China in the area of AI, and we do. They're talking about building their own nuclear facilities to power these plants. Maybe that is the key to unlocking us getting this abundant energy supply, which happens to be carbon neutral.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 18: Absolutely, we just close out with this. Trump has not just been focused on false appuels. He has always said we're going to be utilizing all of the above, and so he understands just what you just said that in fact, we're going to be where it's nuclear, whether it's you know, you can just name it every source, but it's all of the above without abandoning our foundation source.
Speaker 3: Let let the smartest ideas in the room prevail and do not artificially prevent them with some nonsensical comment about you know, exhalation killing the planet.
Speaker 1: My take on it.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Ken Blackwell, you are always welcome here in the fifty five caresing morning, showing to my listeners, love you and I do two, and keep up the great work and keep speaking truth well formally truth to power. Now we got truth as the dominant message now, don't we.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 18: And let me just close out by saying one of the things my dad just to always say, faith on TESTA cannot be trusted. I have an abundant of faith in our country and our city, and in our people and in our God.
Speaker 3: Well well stated, and God bless you, sir. I'll look forward to having you on again real soon. Stay well, it's six forty seven here, fifty five K see the talk station, Joe open the phone Line's got a few minutes to take calls. If you have a comment, maybe on something Ken said, we'll do. We'll hear from Dave Williams from the Taxpayer of Protection Alliance after the top of the islan our news on a whole host of topics. But first, fast and pro roofing. Yeah, fast and pro roofing. You can expect your roof and you should have Fasten pro to it rather than some other roofing company which may not be honest. And I've mentioned year's a year after year after year because I've been speaking and glad happily speaking on behalf of Fast and Pro.
Speaker 1: They are just a bunch of con.
Speaker 3: Artists out in the roofing business. It's just so easy to scam people. And I think of like a senior citizen for example. I mean, you may be young enough you can get and climb up around your roof, and you may know what you're looking for in terms of problems you might encounter, but you're like me, you don't want to go up there and you don't know what you're looking for.
Speaker 1: But the senior may not even position.
Speaker 3: If they know everything there is to know about roof and you get up on the roof, well they might get scammed. Don't go down that road. Call Ray and amand at Fast and Pro Roof and they have an outstanding team. I cannot imagine roofing being done better than the craftsmen level roofing you get with Fast and Pro, whether it's residential or commercial, regardless of what type of roof you have, you want if it needs to be replaced, you could go with a metal roof and replacing a shingle roof. That's an option they do those they have copper beautiful copper work. I recommend you check that out. It's just it's craftsmen level stuff, folks. Exterior projects like siding and railings and things of that nature. Skylights, gutters, gutter guards, the even new box gutters. But it starts with that free roof inspection and free quote if work which really needs to be done, and you're gonna love what they do for you. I certainly love the work they did at my home. That's why they enjoy an A plus with a better business fear. The honest professionals can be reached at five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five. Learn more online and check out the work. It's Fasten Fast and fastenproroofing dot com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: I wish I'd gotten treated for my rectile dysfunction.
Speaker 3: Gash tells us. Might get some flurries later this afternoon. It's gonna be mostly cloudy day going up to thirty one overnight, a little of nine degrees, twenty five hour high Tomorrow, sunny sky's a few clouds every night down to thirteen and a cloudy Saturday and a high of forty one.
Speaker 1: It'll seem like it's hot.
Speaker 3: Out there eighteen degrees Right now, it's time for traffic updates.
Speaker 5: From the UCL Traffic Center, and you see health.
Speaker 9: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it and make your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at ucehealth dot com. Highway traffic continues to look good for your Thursday morning commute. No wrecks to deal with them, but the cruiser are working with a three car accident on Beakman at Hoppel Waterman break has you down to just one money in each direction on Winton at mckelthy Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 3: Six fifty two fifty five KR City talk Station Dave Williams Taxpayer Protection Alliance after the top of their news felt by Donald and Neil for Americans for Prosperity on Ohio energy policy. Will continue that further that conversation with Donovan in the meantime, And I really I don't know if the Democrats are serious when they out loud think that Elon Musk actually did a Nazi salute the other day. I mean, how embarrassing is it if they really think that that is happening, But apparently some of them do. An interesting, interesting op ed piece from the editorial board of The Wall Street Journal commented on this. If Democrats are so worried about disinformation, they should stop spreading disinformation. The witness Connecticut Senator Chris Murphy on Tuesday, questioning at least stefanic President Trump's nominee to the ambassador of the United Nations. He actually said this out loud. What do you think of Elon Musk, perhaps the President's most visible advisor, doing two Hyle Hitler's salutes last night at the President's televis rally. What an embarrassment anyway? What an object lesson in the laundering of a kooky online smear. Roll back to day, Mister Musk is reacting to a roaring arena as he says the twenty twenty four election really mattered, and his heart goes out to the crowd. He slaps his chest and waves his arm around to the audience. The peanut gallery on social media went nuts, suggesting it was an intentional Nazi salute, which mainstream mountains then cited to justify covering the supposed controversy. New York Times said Elon Musk ignited speculation and chatter online.
Speaker 1: The Atlantic.
Speaker 3: Did Elon Musk actually toss off a seguile at Donald Trump's inauguration round today? A lot of people online seem to think he did soon enough. It hardly mattered what mister Musk intended he gestured, the AP said or his gesture the AP said has been embraced by right wing extremists, regardless of what he meant. Hey, Joe, where are all these right wing extremists anyway? Okay, you let me know when you find out. In response, mister Musk reposted pictures of Hillary Clinton, Taylor Swift Another's photograph with one arm straight out and palmed, saying, frankly, they need better dirty tricks. The everyone is hitler attack is so tired, his tweets are funny or exposts. Anti Defamation League even acknowledged, and I acknowledge that many Americans are on edge. But but Musk, in their words, made an awkward gesture in a moment of enthusiasm, not a Nazi salute. Thank you, Anti Defamation League. We're speaking the truth, as a journal observed mister Musk. Mike copped to awkwardness when he appeared on Saturday Night Live a few years ago. His monologue included a comedic bit about making History Night as the first person with Aspergers to host, meaning that I won't make a lot of eye contact with the cast to night, but don't worry. I'm pretty good at running humid in emulation mode. Also recall musk exuberant, if dorky leap at a Trump rally last year. Tim Waltz, Democratic vice presidential nominee, mocked him for, in his words, skipping like a dip s word. No, he's really an ey some Democrats now say Representative Gerald Nadler. I never imagine we would see the day when what appears to be a Hile Hitler salute would be made behind the presidential seal. I urge all of my colleagues to unite in condemning this hateful gesture for what it is, Anti Semitism. General concludes there it is the birth of a partisan talking point and the spreading of disinformation.
Speaker 1: Six fifty six fifty five cars in the talk station.
Speaker 3: Dave Williams Taxpayer Protection Alliance after the news, if you can stick around.
Speaker 17: Your voice, thank you for taking that call your country gives us all somewhat to think about.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 6: This report is.
Speaker 3: How about that day Philadelphia Mayor Cheryl Parker is belling? No, No, they wouldn't allow her into my organization. That's hilarious, man. I just got a big kick out of that. And I did not realize until this morning because Joe alerted me to the fact that you're a big Philadelphia Eagles fit. It's like, oh my god, it can't wait till he comes on the show.
Speaker 13: ELXis elexis Yes, the Philadelphia Elexis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, e lg Ses.
Speaker 3: In response to that, after she got thoroughly embarrassed online, she said, we don't promise perfection. I'm so happy I never have, especially after I couldn't spell Eagles right. She just admitted she know how to spell it. Dannyhow Dave spent too much time on that. We got quite a few topics to go through, including and welcome back. By the way, I appreciate what you do. Over at the taxpayer Protection lines. We're out of the World Health Organization. We were paying for the whole damn thing, weren't we.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I mean we're paying three hundred million, more than three hundred million dollars a year, and we are the largest contributor to the World Health Organization and this and for people, this is a sub agency of the United Nations.
Speaker 1: So that tells you.
Speaker 13: Everything you need to know about the World Health Organization right there, and just how efficient and effect effective they are. And here's the problem is that we pay the most of any other country to the World Health Organization and they don't listen to us. They basically ignore everything that we say. China pays I think it's like eight or ten million dollars a year, and the World Health Organization listens to everything that they do. And you know, going back to the pandemic in twenty twenty, is that really China ran the World Health Organization? The World Health Organization said this thing is not you know, you can't spread this. It's not airborne. You know, that was the famous tweet in February of twenty twenty where they said, the World Health Organization said, no, this is not airborne, don't worry, You're not going to catch it. Well, we learned differently, didn't we.
Speaker 1: No, we did.
Speaker 3: We also learned that those pesky masks don't do a damn thing either. But it took them long enough to finally acknowledge that I just and six foot stay six feet away from each other. Pulled straight out of doctor fauci sphincter. I mean, you know, anyhow before we move over, go ahead.
Speaker 13: Yeah, there's one last thing about the World Health Organizations. They spend twenty one thousand dollars per person on travel a year. Now, doctors without Borders they spend two thousand dollars a year on travels. So the bureaucracy at the WHO is massive. They are staying in five star hotels or flying first class. This is what this agency is doing with our taxpayer money. So what President Trump did, and he did this eight years ago, was get rid of funding of the World Health Organization. A fantastic move and it needed to.
Speaker 1: Be done well.
Speaker 3: Since you did mention the United Nations, what about just getting out of the United Nations another ridiculously expensive organization we pay the most for and get the least out of. How can you have human rights abusing countries on the Human Rights Commission within the UN just one of a countless list of backcrap in sanity coming out of the United Nations. They hate us there.
Speaker 13: They hate us, and when China has veto power over any resolution that comes be forward. Obviously, this is not an organization that we should be sending billions. I mean the United Nations. We're spending eight to ten billion dollars a year again to be ignored and for our interests not to be listened to.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess one of the reasons we stay is it probably provides a wonderful spy mechanism so we can keep our eyes and tabs on other countries. But also, since we enjoy the VTA power, it can stop in its tracks efforts to I guess, run over our freedoms and liberties here in the United States.
Speaker 13: At a very high price tag.
Speaker 1: For sure, Well, it is, and we don't have to pay that much. All right.
Speaker 3: Over to the Paris Agreement. I had Ken Blackwell on earlier in the program, and I I was praying this day would come. It appears based upon Trump's executive orders, including getting us out of the Paris Climate Agreement, the ev order, the drill baby drill comments, the expansion of energy, and that we're moving away from climate alarmism, the religion that is the climate change.
Speaker 13: I tell you, Brian. I think this is going to be the sleeper issue of this Congress is if we start drilling, you know, getting out of the Paris Climate Accords, getting rid of the ev mandates. I think this is the one item that could really help us reduce inflation, bring down the cost of energy, right, get rid of these subsidies. The Inflation Reduction Act, which really set the tone for hundreds of billions of dollars in green energy. If we can repeal that, I think we're going to really get a handle on inflation. Because energy drives everything in this country, no pun intended, but if you're talking about moving goods from one part of the country to the other, you bring down energy costs. You bring down those costs home heating, just going to the gas station and filling up. So this has the potential of having the big impact on the economy.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, it'd be nice if we maybe built a couple of new refineries as well. That also would lower the price of the gasoline and diesel that we have.
Speaker 13: A nuclear power plans, nuclear power plants. Private companies are doing this. You have Google, you have Amazon, you have Microsoft that have these huge data centers that are saying, listen, we are going to build our own nuclear power plants, these small nuclear power plants to address these energy needs. Why can't we do that as a country. Again, it's going to bring down the cost of energy tremendously.
Speaker 3: Well, that's something else I broughduct to ken that exact point. The huge players in artificial intelligence, You just rotted them up. I think that's one of the reasons they were standing on the stage during the inauguration. They know that they are going to have an opportunity to do just that under the Trump administrations all of the above energy policies, whereas the Biden administration and the green alarmists just for whatever insane reason, do not want nuclear plants built and day since they don't produce any pollutants or carbon dioxide. What's the problem with an abundance of electricity on a very small footprint. That are the modern nuclear plants, those modular plants that they're able to build now, that don't take as much time, money, or require a ridiculous amounts of water.
Speaker 13: And nuclear is renewable. That's what drives the lefties up a wall is that nuclear is renewable and it is clean, and you mentioned artificial intelligence. One of the executive orders that Trump rescinded from Joe Biden was his Artificial Intelligence Executive Order, basically saying that the federal government has to review all AI development in this country. I mean, that's absolutely ludicrous, and this is no lie of Brian. This is no lie that Joe Biden. The reason why he instituted this executive order was he watched the movie Mission Impossible, remember the last ones, like two or three years ago, where this big AI machine took over the world and the big doomsday scenario. Yes, he literally said, this is why we need an AI executive order is because AI could destroy the world. I mean he's watching movies. Joe Biden watched movies and based federal policy off of that. I am not lying. This was the most ludicrous and a lot of ludicrous things happened during the Mind administration. It just it baffles me how we can live in a country like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's there's the South Park episode about the trapper Keeper that expanded and became prescient.
Speaker 1: I just think about that too.
Speaker 3: Maybe he saw that episode as well, but you know, pause for a moment and just think about whether whether there was any legitimacy beside behind Joe Biden's concerns, but that the federal government would be would have oversight over the development of artificial intelligence. I mean, there is no intelligence in the federal government. They don't have any experts there that have any could have any possible benefit beneficial say in the matter. I mean, it's just crazy to even think of.
Speaker 13: And the government has never done anything correctly.
Speaker 20: Look it up.
Speaker 13: Look at the Internet. There's a light regular, a light regulatory touch on the Internet right now. It is flourishing, it is prospering. The government tried to put these net neutrality rules, which was turned it into utility. That would have killed the Internet. You know, private investment in the Internet has just gone off the rails because there's a light regulatory touch on it. And the same thing for artificial intelligence. We want to be the leaders in this. We don't want Europe, we don't want other countries to be the leaders. So there has to be well I'm not saying just ignore it completely, but there has to be a very light regulatory touch on artificial intelligence.
Speaker 3: Well, the reason it works so well is because entrepreneurs went at it and know and had one thing motivating them profit. The government is not interested in making profit. They're not looking out for that. They're looking for just ways to be obstructionists. Anyhow, we'll bring Dave back and we'll talk a little bit about well Trump tax cuts among others with Dave Williams again for the Taxpayer Protection Alliance online at Protecting Taxpayers dot org. Money very important topic and I like saving money and I don't like spending money, especially if there's no reason for a particular service to cost outrageous amounts when you can get it for profit with a company that is for profit. I'm talking imaging, medical imaging. The hospital imaging center is all interested in profit, of course they are, but that's where you get really taken to the cleaners. Five thousand dollars for a CD scan, but affordable imaging services where they still make a profit. A CT scan with a contrast is six hundred dollars and yes it includes the board certified radiologist report. I have my last set there and I'm going to get my next one, which is in April. Affordable imaging services, it's easy to do, very very low overhead. I'm trying. I'm warning you ahad of time. I don't spend a whole bunch of bells and whizzles, but they got the same equipment. The hospitals use medical professionals operating it. Again, the radiologist report comes with it, so whether it's an mri CT scan, echo cardiogram, ultrasound, lung screening, or cardiac scoring, a just a slice of the price at the hospital imaging department will charge you. It's a new calendar year. You probably got a new out of pocket responsibility. You gotta check for five thousand dollars you want to write out of your checking account.
Speaker 1: Don't do that.
Speaker 3: You have a choice when it comes to your medical care. Affordable imaging services can be reached at five one three seven five three eight thousand, five one three seven, five three eight thousand. You can find them online at Affordable medimaging dot com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: As your Channel nine weather forecast.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm going to go up to thirty one degrees today, may get some flurries this afternoon, of course, cloudy skies for that. We'll have an overnight low of nine twenty five to high with sunny skies Tomorrow thirteen overnight and a cloudy Saturday. But I have a forty one eighteen degrees right now. Time for traffic stop.
Speaker 9: Toning two seventy five well cost you a couple of extra minutes between the Lawrence per ramp and the work on the Carrol Crawtford Bridge. Traffic elsewhere on the highways not all that bad cruiser cleaning up in three car wreck on Beakman hot Hopple watermain break has you down to one mine in each direction on Witton at McKelvey, Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 3: It is seven nineteen fast approaching seven twenty here fifty five KRCD talk station and I very happy Friday. Evie tax Payer protection lines Dave Williams on the phone talking well, tax payer protection line stuff. And one of the things, you know, I just before we move away from the energy policy, I just have to put an exclamation point on you know. I always sort of questioned in the back of my mind, Dave, when Trump said I am going to bring down inflation. That's a pretty bold statement because so many things are impact inflation. But one thing he certainly does have the ability to do is bring down the cost of energy along the lines of what we were talking about, and ergo lower the price of gasoline and diesel. That will certainly have be a vehicle to lower the price of goods and services in this country. I mean, it has a tangible, understandable benefit that people can wrap their heads around.
Speaker 20: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 13: And look at Joe Biden's first thing that he did when he came into office four years ago is he canceled the Keystone Xcel pipeline.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Now, this is the pipeline from Canada to the US that was going to bring eight hundred thousand barrels of oil a day into this country. That would have, I think prevented a lot of the inflation that we saw. I wouldn't have prevented all of it, but again, energy has tied to so many different things, and so it was a huge mistake by Joe Biden. And you know, and you're right when Trump says he wants to bring down inflation. That's the key to it. I think that's the foundation of it. And there's a lot more to do, but it's a great start.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: And you know, the other ridiculous component of that, you know, is shutting down the building of the Keystone pipeline that just creates has more pollution. The Canada was not going to stop drilling. They were pulling it, going to extract that stuff out of the ground and put it into the world for consumption, regardless of whether the Keystone pipeline exists or not. So what do they do instead of the pipeline. They put it on to two trains, right, which run by diesel last time I checked. So you're belching on additional carbon and into the atmosphere because of the mechanism they used to ship it. It didn't stop the project or the use. It just stopped. It's the vehicle by which it was shipped. And if certainly a pipeline is far more efficient and more environmentally sound than put them on railroad cars.
Speaker 13: Yeah, absolutely, And it was just frustrating to see such short sightedness in the Biden administration really on so many levels, but especially energy.
Speaker 3: Well, given the stop and start nature of that project, I'll be surprised if they want to continue to go forward with it, because if we don't keep this form of administration, somebody down the road will stop it.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Hurry up and build it right anyway, Act while you have a chance.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: We need to keep the Trump tax cuts in place. And I noted from your website again Protecting Taxpayers dot Org right there on front countdown to expiring tax cuts. Congress must act to protect consumers and businesses. It's going to be a real problem for us if these tax cuts expire. I've seen all kinds of horrific figures related to this.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm really concerned because I'm mean, look at the marginal tax rates. Those were reduced in twenty seventeen, and Congress has until the end of the year and they are very slow. I don't know if you've noticed, is Brian, the Congress tends to be very slow when they do things. And I'm just concerned that the clock is going to keep on ticking and we're going to get to October and November and they're going to say, oh no, we have to do something, and they're going to open up the tax bill and they're going to put all sorts of nonsense in it, and they're talking about one thing in particular, is to raise the corporate tax rate. Huge mistake. Right now, the corporate tax rate is at twenty one percent, and as far as the rest of the world, it's somewhat competitive. It's not the lowest, but it's a lot better than forty percent than what we had in twenty seventeen. And if they use that as a negotiating tool, oh goodness gracious. I mean, if they increase it to twenty five or twenty eight percent the corporate tax rate, it's really going to have a massive effect on business. Therefore, so that I have a lot of effect on the economy in this country. So I just get this done and do it the right way, and don't wait till the last minute.
Speaker 3: Well, they always wait to the last minute for a variety of reasons, Dave. And you know, my question has always been why didn't they make the tax cut permanent? And if another Congress down the road wants to raise taxes, force them to go through the legislative process to do it.
Speaker 13: And that's exactly what we argued in twenty seventeen, is make these tax cuts permanent. And of course they didn't, and here we are. You know, Congress never sees the five or six or ten years down the road. They always look at the present and you know, let mean look at Medicare and Social Security that are going bank dropt they're saying, don't worry, that's you know, that's twenty years you know down the road. Oh well, now it's ten years down the road. It's five years. I mean it's coming up. And Congress is never prepared for any of this. And it's not as if they don't have the information. They've had this information for decades and it's just they've refused to do anything about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they check their fund and Bloonney jobs. Dave Williams tax Payer Protection Lines, big Eagles fan. I'm sorry, I still think that it's just so comical, Dave go Bridge.
Speaker 10: I mean, hear.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you what bookmark Protecting Taxpayers dot org and support the taxpayer Protection Lines. Dave, I always enjoy our conversations. I'm looking forward to a lot more throughout the year. Stay well and the best of health and love to you and everybody at the organization.
Speaker 13: Thanks Brian to you too.
Speaker 1: We'll talk soon.
Speaker 3: Seven right now fifty five KR see de talk station next Donovan ill Americans for a Prosperity on Energy, Yes, Ohio Energy Policy. They're partnering with the Buckeye Institute. Learn details on that. In a late addition to the program. FOP President Ken Coober, who a little upset with the Donald Trump. Jay six Pardon is going to join the program at eight o five, so I'm looking forward to having him back on. Of course, Jay Ratliff coming up in one hour. In the meantime, QC Kinetics get rid of your pain, at least talk to them about it, because a lot of people struggling and dealing with on a day to data basis arthritic pain like knee pain, hip pain. And you probably have done the steroid injections, You probably had pain medications, and maybe you've talked with your doctor about surgery. Think of the downtime, the risk associated with surgery. You know, there's a lot of reasons to consider calling QC Kinetics to find out if natural regenerative therapies are the way to go. The nation's leader in regenitive cellular treatments, this technology is giving people like you an option other than surgery. The all natural approach approach harnessing your own bodies healing properties. They harvest those, concentrate them, and put it at the root cause of your authority pain right there where you're feeling the pain. QC connects joint pain treatments life changing for so many people, and tens of thousands of people are satisfied patients of QC kinetics more and more every single day. So to find out if these natural regenitive options are good for you, are the right way to go. Call for a free consultation. Free that word free, I love that. Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eighty four seven zero zero one nine. QC Kinetics can be reached again at five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Don't miss all week. Here's your nine first one and wether forecast. Today.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a mostly cloudy day, possible flurries this afternoon. We'll see high thirty one down to nine degrees overnight. Sunny sky is tomorrow with the higher twenty five thirteen overnight, and on Saturday, little warmer, look forward to that forty one.
Speaker 1: For the high.
Speaker 3: It'll be cloudy as well, eighteen degrees right now. Time for traffic.
Speaker 5: From the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: And you see health, you'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at u S Health dot Com didn't bend. Seventy four continues heavy from above Montana. The wreck and peakment is clear and out of the way. Southbound seventy five now slows out of Lockland. There's an accident that blocks the right mains westbound thirty two before two seventy five. Chuck Ingram on fifty krc DE talk station.
Speaker 3: It's seven thirty coming up at seven thirty one to fifty five KRCD Talk station. Well, we have a new day in the America, a new down and maybe the end of climate religion. Just talking about that with Ken Blackwell earlier, we talked a little bit about with Dave Voyage from the Taxpayer Protect Alliance, and we continue Ohio energy poly discussion with Donovan and Neil from Americans for Prosperity. Welcome back to the fifty five carse Morning Show. My friend, always good to.
Speaker 4: Have you on.
Speaker 1: Brian glad to be here.
Speaker 3: Well, and you got a shot of adrenaline to a reform energy policy in Ohio. After the Donald Trump announcements pulled us out of the Paris Accord, all of the above energy strategy, which means all of the above we get rid of the ev mandate, which is just ridiculous, and probably the end of green subsidies because he put a halt to the green projects under the Inflation Reduction Act, which it wasn't. This is positive, positive steps in the right direction to lower our energy bills and create energy independence, is it not?
Speaker 8: It absolutely is.
Speaker 21: From what President Trump has done in the first forty eight hours in the White House to what you know the Republican majorities in Congress have indicated are going to be top priorities, down to what leadership here in Columbus, here in Ohio and the House and Senate have indicated as top priorities when it comes to energy. This is great, Brian, because this is what we had heard when we were out there on the doors we were doing all these gas station price rollback events and other things last year talking to folks around the state of Ohio. People are feeling the pain in a lot of ways, but energy and the rise and cost energy is one of them. And we're excited to see so many of our leaders taking this up as a top priority early in the legislative calendar this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as I observed earlier in our discussions with the other folks. You know, this is one profoundly concrete example of how we can lower the inflation rate, lower the prices of goods and service because everything we eat and consume is of course shipped somewhere by a semi tractor trailer, and you have to have energy keep the lights on. The electricity bill has been going through the roof because of these great, ridiculous green energy subsidies which do nothing to increase efficiencies or provide more electricity, just divert precious dollar resources to chasing our tail carbon reduction projects. I mean, it's it's going to lower our energy bills. It's period, end of story. I don't think anybody can argue against that from an economic standpoint. You know, more supply cheaper, it's going to be cheaper.
Speaker 21: Well, and that's yeah. So we put out a study actually yesterday alongside the Buckeye Institute to lay out some principles six principles in particular that lawmakers here in the state of Ohio. I think these things apply to the federal government as well, but we're targeting the state of Ohio with this report that really will get to the heart of free market energy solutions. What we want to see as an abundance approach to energy policy making, where we increase the supply of energy. We're rather than trying to find different gimmicks or subsidies or other other goofy mechanisms to try to bring relief because they don't work. They haven't worked for years. It's time that we embrace the free market and an abundance supply for energy policy making.
Speaker 3: Well, are you Americans for Prosperity and the Buckeye Institute also pushing and I hope the answer is yes, nuclear plants because that's one thing that would generate an abundance of electricity.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 21: I mean, it's a great form of reliable energy, right, Brian. And that's really what we need, is we need energy that you can also call.
Speaker 4: Up on demand.
Speaker 21: Right as we have these spikes, so you have these cold blasts like we just experienced, we may need a little more energy and so absolutely nuclear is part of that picture. Indiana, I don't know if you saw this, but Mike Brawn just announced they're putting one of those modular nuclear facilities, and I believe out there talking to my colleague in the Indiana AFP chapter about that yesterday.
Speaker 1: It stuff happening, Brian, we need to embrace it.
Speaker 3: Well, we need to embrace it. You know that that's wonderful. But why does Indiana get to pave the way? Why can't we do it? I mean, can we take a queue from the front. Can we take a queue from the French? I mean the French are They have a ton of nuclear plants, so much so that Germany, which cut its own throat, the former economic powerhouse of the European Union, trying to rely on the sun and the wind to generate power. Guess what, the sign ain't shine and the wind ain't blowing right now. They had to tap into France's abundance of energy to keep their lights on in Germany. I mean, come on, we can't learn the lessons from these folks.
Speaker 21: Well, I mean, that's that's absolutely part of it. Well, when you think about the onshoreing talking internationally now, right, you know, if we're going to try to bring these manufacturing jobs back to the United States, those don't run on faery, dust and hopes and dreams, right, Those factories take a lot of power to operate. Manufacturers need cheap, affordable, reliable energy in order to create their facility to open their facilities up and create the jobs that so many Americans are hungry for. That only comes with good free market energy policy that will embrace abundance in our energy.
Speaker 1: Sector rather than.
Speaker 21: An over reliance on unreliable storm sources of energy.
Speaker 3: And if you can demonstrate that you have a underscore of the word reliable energy source that produces an electricity at less or less money, and you have generally energy policies in this country or most notably even just the state of Ohio that allow for a cheaper energy bill, that is going to be a magnet for global corporations to want to come here and settle down. I mean, we obviously are far more competitive than the European Union when it comes to this stuff. The door's open, the water's warm, come on in.
Speaker 21: Yeah, well that's something you know. Senate President Rob McCauley had. I've had the opportunity to hear him speak about some of the some of his vision for this legislative session, And when he talks about energy, that's sort of the vision he's casting here, which is, look, we're sitting on an abundance of a great natural resource. We are, you know that.
Speaker 8: Being natural gas.
Speaker 21: We have a steady, reliable political or environment here, right, and that we've got conservative leadership in the House, the Senate, and the governor's mansion where we ought to be able to You know, Republicans tend to be the party of free markets and abundance, right, so we want to bring we have to be able to bring these jobs here. We have to be able to have folks who want to cite their projects here have the comfort of knowing that their projects will still be viable ten years down the road. Where in states like New York or New Jersey, where they're very progressive, right Brian, they're going to maybe pull the rug out from under a natural gas facility, and so there's no desire to invest there. We can do that here on I. We can invest in that energy, we can bring those jobs to the state, and we can make some really great things happen over.
Speaker 4: The next decade.
Speaker 3: And all it takes is getting out of the way. I mean, nothing causes more energy to be more expensive than government regulations. I mean the edicts and mandates in pursuit of this impossible to catch carbon elimination. It's only because of that that we have high energy bills. It's just we Again, I always go back to it's we're cutting our own throat. We're making our lives miserable just because someone waved a pen and signed a piece of legislation forcing people to do something the otherwise wouldn't do.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 21: Yeah, And I mean one of the most recent examples of that was in the Inflation Reduction Act. Part of the requirements there around coal were to implement so called clean coal technologies that don't even actually exist or viable right now, and so facto killing a form of energy production by creating an unachievable bar for this industry of meat. And that's two principles that we drive that here in this report with the Bucket Institute. Was ending subsidies that hide the real cost of energy right yep, or distort the energy market. And then also getting to making sure environmental policies actually promote well being rather than desired public policy outcomes or favorite interests.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: We do those some of those.
Speaker 21: Things, we're going to have a better product. We're going to have and when we're going to get that energy we need at the price that it ought to be.
Speaker 3: Well, and as you noted earlier, the Republicans control Columbus and ergo which direction we go in? Do the Republicans have the will to take on these challenges in the face of the Greta thunbirds of the world frowning and waving their finger at them.
Speaker 21: I think they would do it gleefully. Brian, Well, the early signals are. I think what we'll see later today actually is there will be a press conference I believe is happening today.
Speaker 8: It's supposed happening yesterday.
Speaker 21: It might happen today from the House introducing their energy legislation. We haven't seen the details of it yet, but from what we hear, it should be very much in the vein of what we're talking about.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 1: The Senate has.
Speaker 21: Already introduced a placeholder bill with the Senator Ryanikey from North central Ohio, Senate Bill two, and that will be the Senate we're told that will be the Senates version of energy legislation that'll get to the heart of a lot of the problem we've been seeing. So there's already movement in Columbus on tackling some of these things, and I think we'll see some really exciting opportunities.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's wonderful.
Speaker 3: Well, you know you have a spot here in the fifty five Cassey Morning Show to bring the details to our attention. If something gets handed out that we can all take a look at. And I'll remain cautiously optimistic that I would think that Donald Trump has opened the door to actually get something done. You know, he's on board with this, so we should get on board with this. And you can say it's consistent with the federal government's policy on energy all the above strategy. We need efficient, we need reliable, and that's what we're going to do here in Ohio. And let's be the first state to embrace this, get back ahead of Indiana.
Speaker 4: It's why we put this report out.
Speaker 21: We wanted to be able to give lawmakers the foundational principles to be able to go out and do the hard work of policymaking, legislating, but do it in the right way, not in the way they've been doing it for the past couple decades.
Speaker 3: Dave Foy Part Company this morning, I can't thank you enough for bringing this to our attention, our meeting me and my collective list office, not the Royal weed. Is there someplace or is there anything my listeners can do? To try to advance this. We just wait and keep our powder dry until the legislation gets rolled out. And if there is any of the above, what's the website we should consult to get the details on what you guys are doing.
Speaker 21: Yeah, well, actually, go visit our friends at the Buckeye Institute Buckeyeinstitute dot com.
Speaker 4: Go visit them.
Speaker 21: This report I've been talking about through the show is available there. We developed it because we want more people to be able to understand the past twenty five years of energy policy making that sort of got us where we are today, but then also have some principles they can embrace and take to their lawmakers and encourage them to apply these principles like ending subsidies or you know the environmental overrease that's happening in our country today. Go to Buckeyeinstitute dot com. Check them out, check out their report, and let us know what you think about it.
Speaker 3: Dave Williams can thank you enough for the details and the information. I'll look forward to having you back on the program really soon. Keep up the great work. Thanks Brian seven forty one at fifty five care see de talk station and get in touch with cover since the team of cover Sincy for cheaper, less expensive I should say medical insurance with dollar one coverage. You know, it's never too late to consult the experts that cover Sincy about your medical insurance because you're paying too much. I can pretty much definitively stay that as your broker. They work for you and they have your best interest in minds. If you like a financial planner, they have to keep you in mind fiduciary obligations. What they're doing is working with insurance companies, a couple of hundred of them, and they have access to thousands of different insurance policies. There's a multitude of types of medical insurance out there. Allows them to layer policies so you have different policies for different experiences like the you know, the run of the mill physician checkup or the catastrophic hospitals stay. You won't have the massive out of pocket reliability that you currently have. Couples under sixty five save in between five thousand and a thousand, five and one thousand dollars a month with better coverage. That's absolutely true. And if you're a small business, I cannot in encourage you enough to just call the team up. Have him take a look at where you are. You can have better employee retention. And even if you're a situation where your employees cannot afford medical insurance, they will be I can say that with confidence. I've talked to John Romans so many times. We do a Sunday morning segment on medical insurance, and he has opened my eyes to the multitude of different ways that most insurance brokers or agents out there don't even know about. It's just amazing what he and his team can do. And it doesn't cost you anything but some time, no obligation financially or otherwise. Call five one three eight hundred two two five five that's five one three eight hundred call. You can fill a format online to get this process started and fill it out as much as possible, more comprehensive. You are the quicker the process will go and they will keep your information confidential. It's cover since he dot com. That's cover since he dot com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: Tier the channel nine first one and weather forecasts get high thirty one today, maybe some flurries this afternoon, otherwise just mostly cloudy skies. Cloud The decrease over night will drop in nine degrees twenty five to high tomorrow under sunny skies partly cloudi overnight thirteen to the low and a high forty one on Saturday with cloudy skies twenty one degrees. Right now, it's time for traffic update Chuck from the u SEE Traffic Center and do you see healthy. You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at u see health dot com.
Speaker 9: Southbound seventy one break lights field zerble to fight for southbound seventy five now slowed through blackmun crews continue to work with a rackcon he's found thirty two before two seventy five right side that traffic backing up pasts Bock Buxton, shott Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven.
Speaker 3: Here at fifty five KRCD Talk station FOP President Ken Cober are going to join the program on top of the our News late edition of the show. He'll address his comments about his well not being real. Thrilled with Donald Trump's pardoning of the Jay six ers, because of course some police were injured. But it's a little murky on the details on that, and as I was looking into the fun facts related to those, how many really did die? A lot of them committed There were four suicides. Four police officers committed suicide, not at the event minding, but in the days and months after the riot, And they keep attributing these suicides to the event itself. So one I saw this report on it, Police officer Jeffrey Smith, thirty five years old, the reportedly injured in the riots, committed suicide. His wife talking to The Washington Post that her husband related her the fear and panickey experience the day of the assault in the Capitol, and he was afraid he might die. Well, pause and think, what is a police officer's job. I'm not going to excuse the stupidity of so many the Jay sixers or the behavior of some of them, not all of them, But that's the nature of your job. Any given day of the week, as a police officer, you may very well be facing one angry mob. I go back to thinking about the BLM riots and the anti file and all that kind of stuff. Yeah, I bet there's some officers that were a little fearful of their life after they got blown up with firework explosions and bombs and frozen water bottles? Would you want to get up and go to work after something like that? The defund the police movement. My sister told me the story of an officer who lived down and over the Rhine could not wear her uniform going to work because of the angry screams and calls against the police department. Her job is to protect and serve the very people that are yelling at her and belittling her with well some pretty foul language. So yeah, sorry, but some people are not up to the challenge. And I feel badly for any family had to deal with a suicide, and I feel terribly for people who are struggling with mental health issues such as they have suicidal ideation. But you know, I don't think you can draw the line from point A to point B on that there's something wrong with the person who would commit suicide for literally engaging in the activity that they signed up for and chose as a career patriot, true patriot, Jeff, welcome to the program. It's always good to hear from you.
Speaker 8: Hey, Brian. As always, you and Enjoy are true patriots, Buddy.
Speaker 1: I love hearing that man what's on your mind today.
Speaker 8: Well, it's it's like what you were saying, it's it really, really really upsets me when people are full of hypocrisy. As far as you and I know, as as far as I've known for decades, the Democrats have always been the party of we should let a thousand people go just to make sure we don't imprison an innocent person. You know, they've always been that way. But here is a blatant thing of you putting fifteen hundred people in prison with no evidence whatsoever, no charges whatsoever, and yet they're okay with that. But I get I was so angry last night when I saw Anderson Cooper sitting there all blatantly well, I found these ones and twos, and I found this one person that they did this horrible thing. And I saw this one person that they did this horrible thing. And I'm sit here thinking fifteen hundred people had to pay for that, And then I looked at of course, when Tucker came out with the actual videos that they didn't show us, that didn't show people breaking and attacking officers. No, they showed people walking down the halls of the capital being so honored with the even being in the building. They were picking up paper on the floor and picking up cards and reorganizing them and putting them back on deaths and people taking selfies in front of different rooms and different items in the I mean, talk about a totally different thing we were told happened. And yet here's fifteen hundred people, citizens of the country in their own house and they had to be put in prison for up to three years. I can't even imagine. I can't even imagine. And they did have a single person that committed suicide and they're waiting to be charged, and his family literally said he willingly finally broke down and said, yes, I'm guilty of breaking into the building. Yes I'm guilty of this. Yes I'm guilty of that. Please charge me and start me on my punishment. And they never did, and so he just killed himself. And I'm sitting there thinking, oh my god, I mean, how do you explain this to anyone that you had fifteen hundred people, maybe some that literally just showed up that day to protest something they thought was wrong. Maybe they were right, maybe they were wrong, but they just protested. And then they walked into a building that maybe one or two people broke windows in or broke doors open, or honestly, the doors were unlocked and they were let in, and you made them sit in a prison for three years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I just real quick because we've got to go. Jeff, I'm not going to disagree with most anything you said, except I don't know that all fifteen hundred ended up in jail. They were subject to prosecution. Trespass may have been one of the lower level crimes that they committed, but in legal jeopardy if not already prosecuted or put into prison pending charges. Good point, Jeff, I always appreciate hearing from you, brother, have a wonderful day. Stick around after the top of the our news FLP President Ken Cover on that topic, sort of tangentially speaking coming out against Donald Trump's j six pardons.
Speaker 1: We'll get him. And then Jay Ratliffe at eight thirty stick around.
Speaker 10: Covering Trump's first one hundred days, every day, every.
Speaker 5: Day, promises made, promises.
Speaker 10: Kevin fifty five KRC the talk station, This report money is in as.
Speaker 15: All hands on, just as a crew tragedy.
Speaker 11: Get the news right here. Bring people up to date on fifty five KRC eight oh five. You're a fifty five krc DE talk station, A very very happy Friday.
Speaker 4: E tou of.
Speaker 3: Course that means Dave, are that Jay Ratliff, I heard media aviation experts coming up at bottom.
Speaker 1: Of the hour.
Speaker 3: Always love those conversations, Jay, and I always love to talking with FOP President Ken Coverer. He is a head of the Sincinni Police Departments Union Chapter sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, Kencobra. It's pleasure to have you on the program again.
Speaker 20: Hey Brian, how are you? Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: I'm doing really well. I guess.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've got a near full or people are supportive of what you said. I know you're I believe your word was frustrated or you believe it's frustrating that Donald Trump pardoned the pretty much all of the J six rioters.
Speaker 1: Can you explain why it is you.
Speaker 3: Take that position, because you know, people look at Biden's pardons of you know, all kinds of criminals of all sorts, commutations of sentence, if not pardons outright, he did it thousands of them before he left office. And I don't know if Donald Trump just felt he was obligated to pardon these folks. But I think many people in my list in the audience believe that while there were some violent people in there, and no one can excuse violence, most notably against police officers, but that a lot of them were being prosecuted or at least face prosecution for something as simple as walking through the capital doors and wandering around, which I think, under the circumstances, is a reasonable thing to do. The thing got out of hand, and I never was supportive of what was going on there. I want you to be very clear on that, and I do not support anyone being violent toward police officers. My sister was a retired police officer. I wouldn't want it happened to her. So what's your take on this, Ken.
Speaker 22: Well, And that's where I think you have some things that were said yesterday were completely misconstrued because I made it very very clear what I spoke about was people that assaulted police officers have no business being pardoned. The rest of them, that's their business, that's politics, that's things for them.
Speaker 20: What I focus on is law enforcement.
Speaker 22: And those that were getting you hit over the head with metal bats and things like that.
Speaker 20: Yeah, those folks shouldn't be pardoned. The rest of them.
Speaker 22: You just walk through the Capitol and you have what trespassing at best? Should they spend three and a half four years in prison? Absolutely noted. But that's that's one of the things that I focused on y today. Like I said, maybe there was some misconstruing of words that I said, but I focused narrowly on what the national ethop stance was, which was those that assaulted law enforcement officers that caused injuries.
Speaker 20: It's disappointing that they would be pardoned.
Speaker 22: The sweeping of just pardoning everybody, to me was frustrating, primarily because you're.
Speaker 3: Talking about all sins that were assaulted fair enough, and I think that adequately responds to it. And I share your position about no one who is violent toward a police officer should be let off. I have no problem with that because I think under any circumstance it is inappropriate. But the problem with this conversation because it causes and allows people to go off on a tangent. And I've seen it mentioned of course, the Fox nineteen article which is the genesis of this mentioned CNN said it also led directly and indirectly to the deaths of four Trump supporters and five police officers. Well, if you look behind the veneer of that, yes, Officer sick Nick was struck by a fire extinguisher, but the medical amner said he did not die from that. He died of a stroke after he went back to the building. He did not die of blunt force trauma. And the other four officers said, as it may be, died of suicide. And their families claim it's because of the trauma they experienced having to deal with a Capitol Hill drunken fraternity party and they some of them were injured. But again, I'm not going to excuse anybody being violence towards the police. But you know, Ken, you signed up for the job. You knew what you were in store for. And yeah, as a police officer you might be in a situation where you got to deal with riot control.
Speaker 22: Oh, there's no doubt. I mean we've we've dealt with in our careers. We saw it in twenty twenty here, we saw it in two thousand and one.
Speaker 20: It is part of the job.
Speaker 22: Now, this is the hard part about policing, and you're right, we all signed up for it. Is sometimes police officers and certainly officers that have died. You know whether it was directly related or not become political pawns. And unfortunately, that's what's happened here as you have all these political sides going back and forth and they decide, well, you know what, let's try to exploit an officer who committed suicide and let's just say, well, it's because of this.
Speaker 20: And that's that's what's frustrating about this is, you.
Speaker 22: Know, this is all just some political nonsense going on on both sides, and cops end up getting stuck in the middle. And that's that's unfortunate that that's how it is, but it's a reality that we have to live with every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I know that there are line of duty benefits that are available, but my understanding is from the folks that that did commit suicide trying to claim that the suicides were proximately caused by the riots, either the cases are still pending or some of them have been denied saying no, this is not related to the riots. It has no direct correlation, no proximate causation, ergo, no death benefits allowed.
Speaker 1: Do this insane?
Speaker 3: Police department enjoy line of duty benefits if they are injured or killed in the line of duty.
Speaker 22: Yeah, absolutely, there's statewide benefits. There's also national benefits that officers get, like Sunny Kim's family he was in the line of duty back in twenty fifteen. There are benefits that the family gets and sure to ensure that they're taken care of. But it is a fine line, especially when it's a death that occurs after the fact. You know it's off duty. And we had a friend of mine that was injured in the line of duty several years ago, about eighteen months later, he ends up passing away. You could probably draw that connection because he had a pretty severe injury, but there's no proof of it. You couldn't prove that this is exactly what it was related to. And therefore you a family doesn't get benefits.
Speaker 3: Well, cann of, you re missing my obligations to the police, which I thoroughly support. If I didn't point out how stressful the job is, I mean, I will never ever forget the level of stress my sister was under when she was working Special Crimes and had to deal with all those child molesters. I mean having to go in every day to the office and look at the horror that those perverts commit on children. I mean talk about a bubble burst and stress inducer.
Speaker 20: Oh, there's no doubt.
Speaker 22: You know, I spent four and a half years in our fugitive unit, and you know we would go looking for murders, rapists, robbers, all these people are shooting people. The ones that affected me the most, the hardest ones to go and arrest, or the pedophiles or the one you know, sex crimes against kids, of violence against these little kids. Those were the worst ones because that's the father and me the human and death wants to just take these people and just strangle them, but you can't. Those were those were the by far the most difficult ones for me to deal with.
Speaker 3: I can imagine the other component to that. Then people clut off and might not think about It's why I bring it up, the purpose that you know are responsible for molesting children, maybe in the process of ongoing molestation while you're busy doing the evidence gathering, you know that is still going on or could be still going on, and you're sort of you can't do anything about it. God, that would just I couldn't sleep if I was if I was aware of that kind of thing and I was responsible for going out after them.
Speaker 20: Now, no, it was.
Speaker 22: Certainly, it's a frustrating thing to deal with, but you have to keep in the back of your mind that justice is going to be served and that we have a job to do. We have to be professional, regardless of the circumstances, regardless of our personal.
Speaker 20: Feelings, and we have a job to do.
Speaker 22: It is to go arrest these people, bring them to the investigators, let the investigators do their thing. That way, these people can spend the rest of their lives hopefully under the prison.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and feeling the wrath of their fellow prisoners. Anyhow, real quick here, I saw that WCPO reported it may have been reported elsewhere. Response times are down in the city of Cincinnati about thirty seconds more calendar year over for the police to arrive. And I so people know the average response time over eight minutes compared to seven minutes and thirty seconds in twenty twenty three. Part of the problem the closing a District five. Do you agree with.
Speaker 20: That, Well, there's no doubt.
Speaker 22: I whan you look at the numbers, and I went over them with WCPO yesterday. The districts that have the biggest response times were District three and District four. Which are the ones that absorbed the Lion's share of District five by its closing. And it's something that I hear from officers constantly. They're frustrated about, you know, take it takes me, you know, this much longer to get to a radio run because I'm going from this beat and I'm covering an officer you know, up in College Hill or up in Mount Area. It's just it takes longer because the district's that much bigger, and it is certainly something that has been a source of frustration since it's closed.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess I have to ask, and I think I know the answer to this, Ken, what's the likelihood they're going to reopen a district.
Speaker 20: I'll be honest with you, I don't think it's very good.
Speaker 22: I think if they had the money for it, maybe, but of course, you know they're they're going to say that they don't have the money for it, and it's something that it is frustrating. I think you look at the numbers and you see that it's a problem, But what are you going to do to fix it? And that's that's yet to be seen. I guess, well, I'll hold out hope that maybe they'll come to their senses and see that. You know, we need to change this, but who knows it's about to wait.
Speaker 3: It's called the allocation of scarce resources. And one of the most important things for a city to live, thrive and survive is to have an efficient, good of well oiled machine in the police department. Safety is paramount for a city that wants to grow. And you know, we don't need a streetcar. What we need are enough officers to get to you if you are in peril or a crime is being committed in a very short period of time. And clearly that's not the direction we go when we shut down police districts.
Speaker 22: Now, that's the other part too, is you know we're still one hundred and almost one hundred and forty officers short.
Speaker 20: Oh, we keep on having recruit classes. We have one in now.
Speaker 22: But you have a recuit recruit class that graduates here in May has about forty one officers and we're going to lose probably sixty or.
Speaker 20: Seventy this year. Oh no, it's an uphill battle.
Speaker 3: We talk about recruit classes. The one thing everybody has to keep in mind, I guess, is the number of officers that are are retiring. It happens every year, and sometimes it happens at a faster pace than other years. My I get the impression from the officers that I know, and I won't name names, and I want to put you on the spot, but I get the impression morale isn't exactly high within the Sinsint Police Department right now.
Speaker 20: Well, it's it's just a challenge, it is.
Speaker 22: I mean, you're dealing with, you know, being short staffed all the time, You're dealing with the increased radio runs, increased violence, all those things come into play, you know, and we're gonna get ready to go back into our events season where off days are going to be canceled constantly, and it's just it's frustrating. I think a lot of these things will be solved if we ever do get back to our full complement. I just don't see it, you know, happening in the next five to ten years. As much as the city is trying to hire people, you got to you gotta you gotta make this job more attractive, you know, And and until things turn around politically, you know, whether it's locally, state or nationally, which hopefully, uh things will be.
Speaker 20: On the on the up now, and hopefully we'll be able to get more people in.
Speaker 3: Here amen to that, because that just adds to the already stressful reality of your lives, which that component doesn't have to be there. If we had appropriately funded in staff police force, you could at least take that element of stress out of your lives. Ken Cober, appreciate you being on the program. FLP President, keep up the great work, and I appreciate you explaining what you had to say about the Jay sixers. I agree that violence against police officers should never be excused, and hopefully that would be the order of the day if it helps it all, Trump, pardon the former DC police officer that was convicted the death of the Andrews Zebaski's's name, convicted the conspiracy and obstruction of justice in connection with the It was a Trayvon Martin situation or something like that, but anyway, he believed he was wrongfully convicted, so at least he tried to make up a little bit with that one line of duty incident. Ken, I won't hold you on the spot on that one. I do appreciate your time this morning, and I look forward to having you on the program down the road.
Speaker 20: All right, thanks Brian, thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: My pleasure coming up in eight eighteen fifty five kr CD talk station. Stick around. We got a little bit more time to talk. And then, of course I always look forward to Friday or Thursday, Friday Eve at a thirty because we get to talk to Jay Rat left a bunch of topics with Jay this morning. So please stick around.
Speaker 11: Fifty five the talk station Steve Air with USA and so fifty five KRCD talk station. Yeah, I missed book.
Speaker 3: When I was talking to Ken about the pardons for the two former DC police officers, I said, trade on Martin, I just the first thing that came to my mind. It was the death of Karen Helton Brown and the circumstances behind this. Apparently, Hailton Brown was riding a moped without a helmet on a sidewalk back in twenty twenty. An officer Sutton Terrence Sutton, and the other officer involved was Andrew Zabowski. Lieutenant Sutton tried to pull him over in an unmarked police car. A chase ensued, reaching speeds of more than double the speed limit in residential areas. Cord to the Justice Department, out and Brown eventually ended up getting hit by a vehicle in an alley during the pursuit, just a vehicle, I don't think it was a police vehicle. Sustained severe head traum and died two days later. And they suggested the pursuit violated Metropolitan Police Department's policy prohibiting chases. So those two were convicted of conspiracy and obstruction of justice and sentenced. To believe one of them got fifty or sixty six months. Sutton convicted of sixty six months and Zabrovski sentenced to a forty eight month prison term. So those are the two police officers that received a presidential pardon from Donald Trump. So Trump's not anti law enforcement, I don't think. And you can draw your own conclusions on whether it was appropriate for, as Ken pointed out, folks who did commit violent acts against police to be have their sentences commuted otherwise if they hadn't been sentenced yet. Ah, such a complicated matter. And then going back to some of the guests I've had regarding the JA six thing and the seemingly I definitive proof now that we've got that the FBI was involved in egging these people on to engage in this stupid behavior. I mean, I think a lot of us have probably been in a situation where things may have gotten out of control, you know, I went to college, but that this was intentionally this violence was intentionally fomented, and that there are by many accounts a large number of the so called antifa types within the crowd pretending to be Trump supporters and encouraging this behavior as well. And I don't know where if you can pick those out of the people who actually engaged in violence or in gauged in property destruction. Haven't searing any definitive reports on that. They always label them with a broad brush, a blanket Trump's supporter brush, when, as it turns out, many of these so called Trump supporters were actually FBI agents or folks working in cooperation with the FBI, or in some cases perhaps leftist protesters who wanted to taint this event and wanted this to become the national embarrassment that January sixth became. So I'll let you conclude on your own whether these and that I'm hesitant to call on conspiracy theories because I've seen so much evidence in my face about what I just said. But you don't have to go down that road if you choose not to.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: It's like I say all the time, it's like the fog of war. How many people died, how many people were killed in combat? You don't know well whether or not you believe justice has served. This is where we find ourselves today. Hunter Biden got pardon, yeah, blanket pardon, and we know about all the crimes he committed blanket pardon, ahem. And then there were these thousands of others, including the entire Biden crime family. So I don't know you can compare one to the other. But if you're looking for fairness and all of this, good luck or Since I heard mediaviation extpert Jay Ratliff coming up next up aginstag around for that.
Speaker 1: I'll be right back.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 1: Hey jenn I first, forty one to forecast.
Speaker 3: We're going to have a high thirty one today to maybe some afternoon flurry showing up overnight, down to nine degrees sunny tomorrow twenty five, overnight thirteen and a little warmer on Saturday. Thankfully, it's going to be cloudy but dry and a high a forty one twenty two Right now, Traffic time as.
Speaker 9: The wreck that has he's been Reagan shut down nearer the blue ash and ken Wood wrote exit traffic on southbound seventy one slowing a bit passing accident below fieldsirdle. Thereover on the left hand side, cruis are working with a wreck in bound seventy four. Before you got the seventy five schot ingram on fifty five KR.
Speaker 5: See the talk station.
Speaker 1: A twenty nine fifty five KR city talk station. Happy Friday.
Speaker 3: Eve always made it extra special because we get to talk with iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay rat Left. Jay, welcome back to the show, my dear friend. It's always a pleasure to have you on.
Speaker 23: Hey, the the honors mind. I always have fun. We have time to dive into things here, and I love that. Sometimes it's I get three minutes here, two minutes there, whatever, and it's just uh, But here we get to dive into some some fun topics and that always makes it enjoyable.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel the same way. That's why you know much of the sugarn. Maybe of my lords and masters here at work, if I had them, if they if they're out there, I don't know who they are, but the clock I just you know, if I'm on a roll talking about something, I hate to interrupt important topics with you know, a specific cutoff time, like you got to cut off at eight fifteen. And even though that's recommended, I just can go over. But I must really briefly cut into our time. I must have dress. Sue my Indiana listener who lives in Lawrenceburg, a faithful listener, and she says to me, Indiana isn't a four letter word. Lol, says I listened to Lawrenceburg, not far from you. I keep hearing your disdain in your voice when you say Indiana. What I was talking about was the nuclear power plant that Indiana is building now. And I said, come on, Indiana, and I had it did sound like disdain. No, that was jealousy, Sue, jealousy. I love Indiana.
Speaker 23: Revenue going out the window. I totally get.
Speaker 1: It, amen, brother. All right, back to aviation.
Speaker 3: Let's start with Well, seats that recline without reducing the space for the person behind them. What a novel concept.
Speaker 23: Well, it's a great concept, but you know, I cautioned everyone not to get too excited because it's not gonna be something we're gonna see quite a bit. But this is this is Luthonza, the German carrier, and they rolled out a seat. It's kind of a pod that allows us to recline without invading the space of the person behind us.
Speaker 20: Now, these are again.
Speaker 23: Self can seat pods, and they're being placed in their premium class for the airline. And look, while I love the idea, I'm not getting excited because I know that these will never replace the sardine canned seating that we endure and coach these days, because these specific seats require a little bit more room than a typical seat. And if an airline works to decide to hey, customer service, let's use these everywhere, they would see a decrease in the number of seats on a plane. That means less revenue. Now maybe not, I ain't happening, and you and I both know that. But look, if you're in premium class, you know you can do that. And it's nice because in coach, what we're going to be seeing in the coming years is a lot like we see on some of the low cost carriers, where the seats do not reclimb. They are set at a predetermined, slightly inclined spot, and that's it. You can't bring them up, you can't bring them back any And they're saying that this will prevent people from getting into altered on a plane by having these already done. It sounds so convincing, and it's a bunch of crap because the thought is, if you have these seats, you could put an extra row or two in the back. So what they're really doing is shoving an extra two rows in the back of an aircraft, giving themselves, you know, six eight additional seats per segment, per per flight. And my goodness, the revenue they generate on that is considerable, and that's why they do it, not because of customer service, but because of the fact they can cram more seats into that silver revenue too well.
Speaker 3: Going to miss the put your seat back on the upright, position your tray table in the lock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, reclined.
Speaker 23: Why you can enjoy it is my is my message.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I suppose that's probably the best solution because a lot of people that it causes. The flight attendants have to walk back, sir, can you put your seat up? We're getting ready to take off or're getting ready to land, And as well as the uncomfortable reality of the seat in front of you taking up your leg space. If everybody suffers equally, then that, I suppose is a healthy change for the better.
Speaker 23: But when they go to the meal service and you're ready to eat, in the person in front of you lace all the way back. The tree tables now shoved into your stomach and it makes it impossible to use it. And the reason that that is is because the pitch or the distance between rows has decreased steadily over the years as airlines have crammed more and more seats into an airplane. And now that we are using an option they gave us as far as the ability to reclimb, Now it's a problem. And now somehow that's our fault because of what the airlines did. No, it's a problem with what the airlines created when they made the decision to cram extra seats onto the aircraft.
Speaker 3: Fair enough, we can get one more topic in before we take a break here, Jay, I see that Trump has decided to replace the head of the TSA.
Speaker 23: Yeah, which is a guy he appointed in his first term. The guy has been around for about seven years in that office. And I have to admit this one surprised me because I thought, you know, he's doing a decent job, and I really don't know of any serious issues that.
Speaker 1: We have ongoing.
Speaker 23: And believe me, if it's the FAA or whoever it is, normally the people that are at the top of some of these aviation entities don't stick around for but like nine or ten or fifteen months and they're gone. This individual with a seven year tenure, he had a US Coast Guard background. I mean, he was very well qualified. And again, the TSA has over too million chances a day to mess up, and most of the front line people do an incredible job.
Speaker 20: So yeah, I was a little bit.
Speaker 23: I guess the thought is, Okay, if Biden likes you, I don't, you're out of here. I don't know what the reason was, but he has made the move to replace the head of the TSA.
Speaker 3: Well, we've seen a lot of that stuff coming on in the upcoming days. It's already happening all across the administration.
Speaker 23: I think his team is having a hard time keeping up with President Trump with all he's done in just a number of hours he's been our president.
Speaker 3: Come on, he answered more questions from the press and in one day than than Biden did.
Speaker 1: In the last four years. Guy's got more.
Speaker 23: Energet was like those those NFL players on the sideline getting oxygen just to try to keep up with Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's amazing. Yeah, he's too old to be president. No, I think he's doing all right. Hell I can't keep up with me right, Indeed, I couldn't handle his workday. We'll pause, will bring Jay Ratliff back. Apparently it's a good thing to be in an Alaska Airline employee. And more information United and Delta and Boeing and suspension of a crew, A bunch of fun stories with Jay Ratliff.
Speaker 1: I'll be right back.
Speaker 11: Fifty fives KRC the talk station this month NBC eighty eight.
Speaker 3: Coming on eight thirty nine. If you've got KARCD talk station. Brian Thomas a Jay Ratliff. I heard dadation expert and all round great guy. Is it good to be an Alaska Airline employee?
Speaker 20: Jay?
Speaker 4: It is? It is.
Speaker 23: In fact, a year ago you and I were talking about how Alaska Airlines was forced to ground a third of their fleet after that Boeing door plug incident. Even Saturday Night Live was having fun at their expense, and it remains a very funny video to watch. I'm not an SNL fan, but Buddy, they nailed it on Alaska Airlines. But you know, then the airline really turned things around last year in a very big way. They ended the year with making some significant amount of profit, and they decided to give their employees a bonus check that's equal to six weeks of their pay as a thank you. So if you told the Last Airlin employees last year at this time, this is what you're going to be enjoying a year from now, they might have had a difficult time believing it. But yeah, Last Airlines continues to do a lot of things.
Speaker 3: Very very well, all right, And somebody else did pretty well. I'd be Donald Trump hauling in big corporate donor inaugural fund bucks, and I guess the airlines were in on that too.
Speaker 23: Well, Delta, you had the United putting up a million dollars a pop for the inaugural fund.
Speaker 1: And I don't know that I like that, Bryan.
Speaker 23: The reason I don't like it is because the airlines with Trump round one, it was a very cozy relation chip and you know, of late under the Biden administration, airlines were being held accountable for a lot more than they've ever ever, ever been.
Speaker 1: Held accountable for.
Speaker 23: And my fear is that we might be taking our foot off the accelerator a little bit. And I'm not suggesting that the million dollar inaugural fund is, you know, to buy some favor. But then I see the next person in line with their million dollars.
Speaker 1: Is Boeing better get on board?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 1: Yeah, please don't.
Speaker 23: If there's one. If there's one company, I want to make sure that we do not let up anything on it's certainly Boeing. So we'll just have to We'll just have to wait and see.
Speaker 20: But look again, you and I.
Speaker 23: You know, I'm not a fan at all of the Biden administration at all whatsoever. But I did appreciate how they held airlines accountable. In fact, they did more from the Department of Transportation against airlines, finding them holding their feet to the fire, making them accountable more than any other administration I've ever seen in decades. And I really wish that kind of heat can continue. But sadly, I just I don't think it's going to.
Speaker 1: And I really want to.
Speaker 3: Be wrong there politics and money. Just wonder if there's any corruptive forces that.
Speaker 23: Get tend to go together.
Speaker 3: You're right easy sitting and felt. I don't know why it came to mind. Why did I just say that? Okay, so crew got suspended and for sounds like pretty good reason.
Speaker 1: On this next story here oday.
Speaker 23: Landing on the wrong runway. Uh oh, it takes it and the runway lights were off. It takes a lot to mess up that bad. But the real story is which airline it was. It was Pakistan International Airlines. Now this is the airline and I were talking about last week that had the We're coming back to France ad and they put this ad up with, you know, celebrating in the fact that the airline was coming back in and it was one of their planes flying directly towards the Eiffel Tower. It looked like a snapshot of nine to eleven people around the world freaked out saying what what is this and a very tone deaf ad if you will. But this is also the airline that number of years ago they found that a third of their pilots had a fake pilot license.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 20: Also, oh, it gets better.
Speaker 23: Also the airline that a number of years ago was getting in trouble because part of their maintenance procedure was to sacrifice a goat on the tarmac, so needless. Yeah, and I know people they are having breakfast. Apologies or be you think I'm making this up and I'm not. It's on the internet, so it's got to be true. But yeah, Pakistan International Airlines surprisingly is not allowed to fly into the United States because they've had some past issues and they were in Lahore landing and the crew landed on the wrong rue line. They fortunately, thank god, nobody got hurt. Nobody was occupying the wrong runway at the time, and the crew was immediately suspended.
Speaker 4: But for an.
Speaker 23: Airline that is desperately trying to rebuild their image in the world of aviation around the world, ran they can't catch a.
Speaker 20: Break and it just continues.
Speaker 3: Wow, when you said the Pakistani Airlines and apologies to my Pakistani listeners out there, and this is not an indictment of all things Pakistani, but the vision that immediately popped in my mind, you know, you get this mental image was an airplane with chicken wire windows.
Speaker 23: Oh well, we've got some of those in South America. But yeah, Pakistan International Airlines, they've just had one thing and it's all self inflicted stuff that has really caused them to have the problems they do. And when you look at the track record of the incidents that they've had, you.
Speaker 20: Just shake your head.
Speaker 23: But it also allows me to have a greater appreciation for the Department of Transportation and the Federal Aviation Administration where they say that carriers, look, you're simply not safe enough to fly into any US airports and you are not going to do so. And the Pakistan International Airlines for a number of years has not been allowed to fly into any of our large gateway airports in the country.
Speaker 1: And thank god for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know you got to put an exclamation point on b because of concerns over safety. This isn't some political thing where you know, we have poor relations with the country politically and there go, we're not going to allow them to enter our airspace. This is because we're afraid to let them into our airspace. Now, if you're you're sitting in Pakistan, you hear something like that, you get ready to board a plane.
Speaker 1: I thought you'd be very comfortable about that.
Speaker 23: You couldn't pay me to get on a Russian airline because of their part issues or certainly Pakistan International Airlines, and you know, this is also a country that's been very friendly to terrorist organizations like al Qaeda and others, So it's there's always been issues there. But from a commercial aviation standpoint, look, there are reasons why we are enjoying here in the United States the safest air ever of commercial jet travel. It's because a lot of people are doing a lot of things right and very well. And you know, the FAA, even though I'll get on them all the time for some of the crazy things that we do when we manage the perception of safety or security versus actually changing things, I'm always going to point out the fact that there's a lot of things that they do right, those men and women that are in various roles in that agency. The one thing they're looking at is, look, if there's issues, was how you train your pilots, how you hire your pilots, how your maintenance is done if it is not being done. All of these things are looked at to determine whether or not it's okay for an airline to fly in the United States. And some people will say, gae I'm flying out of Chicago. I've never heard of this airline in my life. I'm scared to death, and you know it's because the only reason that they're allowed to fly here is because they have achieved that safety standard that we have to have. But you can always go to the State Department website. As we've talked about before, they have a list of airlines you should be concerned with or destinations you should be concerned with, and if the airline that you're flying happens to appear on that list, you might want to consider an alternative.
Speaker 1: Sound advice from Jay Rodlift.
Speaker 3: All right, let's talk about hubblays and couple that with the disaster that was the weather in the Southern States. Over that thousands of flights canceled.
Speaker 23: Today we had tens of thousands of flights impacted and affected, and things are back to I don't want to say normal, because I'm looking at New Orleans where forty three percent of their flights are canceled, Charleston sixty seven percent of the flights canceled. Savannah they're losing their minds with snow, sixty five percent of their flights canceled. So obviously, in some of these areas we're having issues. But when you look at the big picture, Southwest is canceled two percent of their flights today, Delta one percent, American one percent, United one percent. So we're starting to see things today get back to normal. Today will be as close to normal as we've seen in the last several days, very few issues other than Detroit. Tomorrow's going to be the day of the week where everything is okay, back to normal as usual, because sadly, we had planes last night that couldn't reach their destination because of delays that affected the originating flights out this morning. But overall it's gotten better as the week is progress. But what an absolute nightmare of a mess with that historic storm that stormed across the South from Houston through so many of those airports that again they got snow removal, as.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to ask you, because I know the municipalities do not. In the houstonar they were talking about they had to bring some down from Dallas or something, but they had because it's.
Speaker 23: Like you and I getting a snowblower that we put in our garage that we might use every fifteen years.
Speaker 1: You're just not going to do it right.
Speaker 23: And it's the same sort of situation with these airports because look when I was in Monroe, Louisiana, my first post, and it's snow two inches. I mean, it was three days of nothing happening, and you'd have these flyers from New York. They would come in and I mean they would just go crazy on us because it's like, what do you mean it's like a dust that. Yeah, we get it, but we don't have any snow removal equipment because it doesn't happen that often. And look when you see a snowball fights on Bourbon Street on the front page of Street Journal, pretty good indication that that well two one global warming has.
Speaker 20: Yet to said.
Speaker 23: Is the other thing is this is a very very historic storm that you just got to shrug your shoulders and pray everybody's going to be okay, and you're sorry for everybody got hurt or killed. But from an aviation standpoint, there's just very little that can be done about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, and I suppose you were a bit surprised to see four inches of snow and you're Charleston home.
Speaker 23: Oh my god, Oh no, in Savannah, Yeah, Savannah. We actually came back to Ohio to escape the Savannah snowstorm because I think the record was like three inches from eighteen something and they got four inches that was on top of snow, and yeah, they're losing their minds down there, but it's just yeah, we had to come to Ohio to escape the Savannah snowstorm. That shows you how crazy these days are.
Speaker 3: Jay rat Love. Always enjoy our conversations, my friend. We'll do it again next Thursday. Between now and then, best of health and love to both you and your better half.
Speaker 8: Same to you, my friends.
Speaker 3: Thank you, take care, it's coming at eight forty nine fifty five care Sey Talks, Stay Spy right back fifty five KRC.
Speaker 6: Have you taken your family