Speaker 1: Welcome to Financial Issues, where we help you steward faithfully by honoring God with your investments. Now listen in as we give you the practical tools and advice you need to become a biblically responsible investor.
Speaker 2: This is Financial Issues, where we help you defund the darkness and fund the light by investing with biblical integrity. Today's show, well, hey, it's focused Friday. Everyone. You know what that means. We answer your question. So get your dialing number or dialing finger. Does anybody remember what a dialing finger is? Yeah, well anyway, get your dialing finger going six', ten three sixty, three eleven. Ten i'm your, Host Mark manella not joining me today Or seth And sam they're out. Today but joining me Is elijah from the control. Room Welcome, elijah good, Morning good morning. Everybody it's good to be good to see. It you, know this is a big day for a lot of our watchers and listeners because they're always asking About. Elijah and now here you are on the soundboard in the control, room joining the. Show so that's. Great good morning everybody in the chat and On, facebook on our. Website absolutely glad you're with. Us, hey looks like millennials are doing some good things with their. Money we're going to talk about this and who would have guessed, right because the way the news pushs it is the millennials can't do anything. Right, well they're doing something. Right we're going to talk about that today and a whole lot more again six' ten three six three. Eleven ten before we dig into our, main Story what i'd like to do is Talk About scott descent and his comments on. Debt yesterday, you Know The Treasury secretary scott was to ask about forty trillion milestone for the national. Debt. Yesterday stop take. A breath think about that. Forty trillion can you even imagine? FORTY trillion i can't imagine. ONE trillion i have a hard time thinking about. One billion at, ONE time i did a Video Called Rescue one tea that talked about how little money was actually put in and invested on purpose for biblical. Responsible INVESTING and i did an illustration of taking one dollar bills and running them back, to back not in not side, to side but back, to Back From new YORK to la back. To back and that was only. Fifty billion if, we went if we went looking at what was invested around in the in the. Stock market, it came it went around the world like twenty times back. To back that was. Fifty trillion so forty trillion is so huge we barely can. Understand it but he had a he had something to say, About, That elijah maybe we could hear what he had. To, say, yes sir bringing in, a clip.
Speaker 3: The forty trillion is a. Big number it is smaller when we looked at the a publicly traded amount because our social security funds and other government entities hold a. Substantial amount and what we're going, To do we're gonna have to grow our way out. Of this and remember we did not get here in a day that we were left with. A Mess the biden administration had the highest DEFICIT to gdp in history when we weren't at war or weren't in. A recession for twenty, twenty five we brought it down by more than.
Speaker 2: A percent, YOU know i love. THIS man i believe he's. Very brilliant but the ONE thing i don't like about what he just said is we're two years into. This administration it's time to stop blaming the. Previous administration that's the Only thing i'd really beat up. On that that'sn't message that. He gave it's time to. Move forward it's time, to, say hey we were left this and it's our job to. Fix it so that's what we're going to do and move forward with, that now, you know growing out of it that was another thing that maybe we need to talk about a, little bit because you just can't grow out of forty, trillion dollars especially when you're spending two to four trillion dollars beyond. Your revenue so if you have deficit spending of two trillion dollars, a year you barely can grow into the, deficit's spending much less grow out of. Forty TRILLION so i think a faster growing economy makes a large debt more manageable because the tax. Revenues generated and you all, KNOW me i have backed this administration last year when they dropped the debt by about, ONE percent i was all, over that and where the rest of the media was saying, things like, you know we're going deeper and deeper, In debt but they were backing, it off they were working, on it they were, laying foundations they were bringing industries back so could grow so our economy, could grow so the tax revenues, could grow so we could start. Retiring that but, you know you can't just grow your way out. Of it you actually have to balance. The budget you actually have to start with a. Balance budget and to start with a, balance budget you actually have to have. A budget and we still don't Have a congress that has given us. A budget we have a president who Gives the congress his idea what a budget, should be and then we Have a congress who just does nothing but fight and it has to at the last minute come up with a way to just fund the government for another thirty sixty. Ninety days that's not the way our founders. Wanted it that's not the Way the lord wants us to. Manage money our leaders need to get our budget, under control and then they need to start stripping that budget down every year and back it down till we're totally within, our means and then we can start getting rid of. The debt so if we have growth on one hand and we have a reduction on, the other then we'll be able to get it under control in the next two to five to maybe ten years at. The longest if we had responsible People. In congress that's why this is so important. Right now that's why this election mediar election is. So important we need to be all. OVER it i know we have all the candidates. Lined up many of them are pretty much milk. Past candidates they'll say, one thing. Do another they're more liberal than, they're saying or they're more in it. For themselves there's a lot of those. In there i'd say at least fifty percent of the Candidates that i've, LOOKED at i REALLY wish i had a. Different option but we do the best we can with what we've been given now and we keep. Moving forward so if you're, not, registered vote. Get registered if you're registered, to vote get. On it make sure you vote In a congress that's going to put together the budgets from, here forward and they're going to, be balanced meaning we're. Not overspending if, We don't you've heard me say. This before if, we don't we're going to have a nation. In crisis we're going to have a dollar that loses its standard as the trade currency of. The world when, that happens that will affect. It here then we'll See the treasury printing money left, and right And The central, bank Here The federal reserve doing the. Same thing we'll start seeing inflation and we'll see a breakdown in. Our country people will stop buying, our debt and when, that happens we'll have a collapse of our economy and that could take ten twenty years to. Recover from we don't want to, see. That folks we run, the country YOU and i. The citizens despite what the government, has done despite all the craziness they, have done the cheating they've done in, the elections, the manipulations the running people out of office with, endless lawsuits all that kind, of stuff it's YOU and i who run this country because we decide who's going to be in there pulling the levers and doing. These things let's do it. This year let's make. IT work i hope you'll join me in praying for our leadership and praying for, these elections and then getting out and voting when it comes around not too long. From now we have. A responsibility remember this show is all, about stewardship. Right well stewardship is every aspect of. Our life it's how we live out the truth of, our salvation how we Actually utilize, god's resources which, is everything including you, and me for, his purposes and his purposes is to create fellowship between himself and us so that we can live eternally basking in, his glory and to do it and to utilize those resources for his purposes in a way that, glorifies him not, by, lying, conniving cheating but by utilizing them in a way that doesn't harm, his children does not cause them to stumble in the relationship, with them does not cause him to stumble as a grow To Accept jesus christ as. Their savior that's what stewardship is, all about and part of that is. Citizens stewardship scott, THE scent i really appreciate you, being there but it's time to step up, And, say okay we're going to own this from here on in and watch before we leave office in a couple, of years we're going to have this all under control. For you THAT'S what i want. To hear maybe you can tell me what you want to. Hear again the number here is six' ten three six. Three eleven ten i'd really love to hear from you about what's going on, with our debt what's going on with the treasuries that are out there and how we're seeing the treasury buying back more to bring the. Interest rates down love to hear, your two, cents your concerns maybe even, your financial questions because that's what the show. Is all about it's all about helping us realize the fullness of our stewardship so that we can not only enjoy the Peace of the lord right here, now and forever but to pass that on to the others as we continue to grow And walk. In his ways and it's such. A glorious Thing, today's focus friday but, it's also overtime so remember we go an extra half an hour. Today and overtime you'll want to have your questions. Ready for that and all you that are, IN the chat i really appreciate joining. Us this morning are you all around the world, here on, television on. Radio on streaming we're glad. You're with us call in our email in and we'll get to. Your questions today really appreciate you being. Here with us looking forward to talking. ABOUT the millennials i think you're going to be surprised at, what we're finding especially since everybody disshes. Them so much we'll be right back after this short message six' ten three. Sixty three eleven Ten We Are, lyve i'm. Mark minelli your hosts this is financial issues where we help you defund the darkness and fund the light by. Investing with biblical integrity speaking about, investing with biblical integrity let's look take a look at. The markets, this morning this uh the futures are really attempting to modest. Rebound from yesterday's selloff IT, LOOKS, like The smp nasdac and dow are all a little, bit green this morning. Which is really good what? Do we got here dow futures, are a little actually they are all, about half a point a little more than, A half a point so that's positive, considering what we. Uh what, happened yesterday YOU know yesterday the smp fell what, point Eighty seven percent the dow dropped one point, three to TWO, percent, and the naszak well, you KNOW that's interesting and nasdak only. Lost one PERCENT yesterday usually the nasdak is. The worst of them we see the rustle. Of decline as well one point three and THAT saddens me because i have a little bit of a. LEAN towards small caps i think that small caps actually. Have, made this world remember you've got to be a small capitalized company before you can become a big or. A mega capitalized company they're. The ones. That build it's small it's small Businesses. That have BUILT america that's why. I lean, that way so anyway let's take a little look. At sector rotation here it looks like energy still remains the strongest of the. DIFFERENT sectors right now i guess that's probably because the straight to hard moves is out there. Keeping oil prices higher and higher oil prices, help the oil companies so it makes sense, That we'd see energy but we're also seeing money flow into. Different AREAS financial areas what i really like is industrial materials. Are coming. Up again that's good but the main THING about this is i really like that, we're seeing you know sometimes you can a bell curve like this in the sectors where everything's. In, ONE little area, oh i. Don't, know like it well now we're seeing that, flatten out a bit and that's a good thing for. THE markets in general i think the risk that we look at right now is really still the, higher oil price prices because oil, goes through our economy and that when it, goes through our economy, the price of shipping, the price of, manufacturing everything goes up so it could be hitting inflation if we don't get. That, back, down again now granted it's lower than it, was at one point and it's definitely lower, than it's been oftentimes and it's nowhere near where everybody, projected it would be but still it'd be nice to get it. Back down around sixty i'm looking forward to all this production and hopefully somewhere in the next year or two we'll get another another processing plant so we can start turning our own crew it into gas and not have to worry. About the world anyway the market pool fact that, we've seen, this month it's serious. BUT it's not bad i think it's really important, that as our philosophy our theme on, investing is long term and we're going to talk about this a little. Later in the show we have to realize that whether it's it's good times or bad, times in the market we're always searching for those stocks that have that financial issue steal to be. Putting on the byless sometimes, it's harder than others but this pullback actually makes it. A little bit easier we should be seeing the possibility of some of those stocks that have gone, from buy to hold maybe some of them will be putting back on the by lists as their valuate if they were pulled down because their valuations. Went way too high so that that's. A good Sign there that's something. I'm really happy ABOUT but, whether like i said, good time or bad there's always some stocks. That are doing, well We don't panic as. Stewart's what we do as, we look, at, this we say hey the markets are starting to. Normalize a little bit. This two will pass but remember the goal isn't just. To buy the dip it's to buy value when the. Dip finally creates it and that's what we're going. To be, doing here so. Yeah enough on that let's why. DON'T we move over i mentioned a little, bit about, the millennials and uh. HERE here's what's interesting i hear people, just ragging on, millennials calling them lazy calling them and doing. All these crazy things but that's not. The way it's been if we really look at, what's going on here we can see that millennials. Are actually making money for far. More than a decade millennials have, been told they're. Failing they're falling behind but, there's a new poll, A, financial service company chime tells. Us a different story forty six percent of millennials say their financial situation has improved over the. Fast, past five years now that's. Not a big deal that's about. Fifty percent, of them, but listen in this the millennials net worth has grown by more than one hundred and thirty percent. Over that five years one. HUNDRED and thirty percent i think most of us would. Like returns like that total net, worth is nearly quadripe drupled in two. Thousand from twenty nineteen. For think about it it grew from about four trillion dollars to sixteen trillion dollars in. That in. Five years that's huge so, we got to stop we got to stop ragging on millennials and take a look at what's. Really GOING on there and i find. It very exciting myself if, all this is true we have a generation that is really getting, involved in their economics that is really getting behind it and starting to realize the free enterprise system that they have is then the opportunity. To be, very wealthy you know just recently we look at it and we, saw that the millennials and the gen zs are more entrepreneurial. Than any other generation we ALSO saw that gen z that. Comes after the millennials they're actually where the millennials started investing around age, twenty Five on average gen z's are starting to. Invest at age nineteen this is incredible, because in my generation we didn't started investing till. Much later in life we didn't have, for a one, case by THE way back, When, I started working. Yes i'm, that old you know iras didn't even come in. Until the mid seventies we Didn't see a roth. Ira until the nineties so all. These vehicles weren't there. We didn't have internet if you wanted to, open up an account what you had to do is you had to go down. To a local brokerage you had to. Fill out paper forms they had to check back check it and make sure you had enough money that it was worth their while. To talk to you. And it was difficult and then every time you want to make it you. Had to call them. It was Just crazy now gen z. They're born into this they get to wake, up in the morning, look at their phone decide they want, to sell buy something and tap. Something on. Their phone it's done they never. Had to meet Anybody they have zero the idea of zero cost trades didn't even come in into what, two thousand. And nine twenty. Ten it's just incredible but, They're living this now so investing is, getting EARLIER and earlier and i can see how making money and being. More productive is working you. Know where this works it only. Works in one place it's called the free enterprise System. Of capitalism of america this. Is where it worked this, is a system that more than, any other political system has brought. People out of poverty every country that Embraced, the freedom like America that came after, america and said hey we, Like what you're doing we're. Going to do this we're gonna give people freedom to work their, way out of, debt to come up, to lift themselves up not to. Depend on the government every country, that has done that that created a Free, enterprise system like america has increased the net worth, of their society substantially not, just at the top but more so, at the low end moving more people out of poverty than any other social. Or political system ever we. Have A great system and i think we have a great system because it was, founded on biblical principles those, principles we call stewardship those principles that we use to help Ourselves every day honor god by utilizing his. Resources TO his glory so i think, it's a, great thing you know. And think about this we, have the millennials now and they have a lot of time left and times very. Important in creating wealth and wealth itself doesn't. Generally happen over now it can and, occasionally somebody you know. Does get rich, overnight but we Read we read in proverbs. Thirteen that wealth Gained now. It's not proverbs thirteen it's the one where it says we wealth is, built little by little and and it dwindles away if it's if if. We realize it overnight what we have to Realize here is that god is the, god of the universe including, the physics of money and he knows. How to make, wealth, and he says, hey step by, step inch by inch it, put a little away, that little starts growing and then the growth on that little and a little, bit now start earning and so. It compounds over time it's a wonderful thing. We have in that so let's Hear, it for the millennials let's hear It for the gen z and Now we got jen. Alpha coming after them but the key here is they're all embracing this Free enterprise system of america capitalism that is based On the. FOUNDATIONS of biblical principles i really believe our nation was built On. The hand of god he put his. Hand on this, nation we honored him and if we, continue, to honor, him heck who knows we might even get. Out of, Debt again you, Know, elijah, could, Happen yeah yeah yeah and then then the then could, come on and say you know how we. Got out of debt we got out on debt by Humbling ourselves before the lord and following the Basic, instructions Before. Leaving earth the bible and when we get our government to start following those Physics of, money which god created was see a nation that will be the, strongest in the world, will dominate the world but hopefully we'll dominate. It with love again the number here is six' ten. Three six three eleven ten i'd love to hear what your thoughts are On, the millennials or the alphas or even your. PERSONAL questions that you have i know there's a, lot of chat going on and there's. Some good questions out there Call in Because obviously, WITHOUT seth and sam here i don't have time to be going in the chat as much as we. Do on a normal day so you'll have to call in to. Get. Your chat, questions answered today just today it's just one, of those, weird days also you, Know just for those wondering sam's. Out on a, Personal. Day nothing wrong there seth it's got a little, bit of a stomach bug and you cared enough about everybody, In the studio stay home so keep them in your prayers so that he gets over that stomach bug and He'll. Be with us hopefully monday you know that's. Going around. That stomach bug it is. It is cautious right now that's why you're in that, all glass cage right, now, Staying away from EVERYBODY right. That's, exactly what. I need Yeah that's safe that's why I'm In. My bunker, in saint louis you Know didn't? You, tell where i'm at, oh well it's, all right gonna, Be yeah it's. All right i'll be. Safe i'll be safe again the number six ten. Three six three eleven ten we, love to hear from you and we'd. Love to, hear your questions if not we're gonna. Be able to answer questions we got a whole bunch of email, questions and we have uh we have the phones and we, have the chat. So uh it'll be fun and, Then we have overtime today. So don't forget about. That we have. Overtime today it's Party. Day it's, that fun, friday welcome. BACK every one you know i want to take a moment here first to thank our partners and, thank our our our patriots thank everybody. Who's HELPING support the show but i Also Want. To Thank the timothy plan timothy plan was the first mutual fund company to invest. With, biblical integrity by prospectives now a lot of people, don't know What that means but what i'm going, to tell you right now it means that in the DOCUMENTS they file with the sec on, what they're going to do they say they're going, to invest with biblical, integrity not those exact Words but many words honoring god and saying That they're going to. Honor god with the investments and these are going to be investments for those people who want. TO do the same thing I am so proud That i was that art ali asked me to be on the board of directors, way BACK when it started and i got to be on the board of directors For Several, years WITH the timothy plan and, i saw what we're doing and we grew from one one fund to for funds and now. We look what, they have they, have ETFs they have funds, they have fun to fund they have. All the things somebody Need anybody who loves the lord needs, to invest with biblical integrity never Have to worry about. Compromising god's tenets of love it's the company that really makes me proud, of where We've Come, from because before timothy plan there was. Nobody doing this so effectively the whole bri movement was built upon, The Shoulders, of one man Ard Ali. Who STARTED the timothy plan so i am so proud to be able. To CALL him a friend and i don't know why, he hangs with me though. But, that's a, Different, story hey let's hey elijah. Let's. Go to the phones here It looks like We. Got, dorothy here in florida. Dorothy welcome to financial. Issues glad you're with us how? Are. You doing this?
Speaker 4: Morning, TERRIFIC how about yourself oh.
Speaker 2: I know Who this is.
Speaker 5: I'm.
Speaker 2: Doing i'm doing very good what's, On. Your mind this morning dorothy. Good, to hear from.
Speaker 4: YOU oh the same here i was just wondering if perhaps the millennials that are now doing well with their financial decisions and increase and their financial wealth has to do with the fact that probably over the, last ten years or so they started to receive financial education that, started with the young people particularly starting with that age, group back, in the nineties, late nineties early two thousands where they started to put. That, in the school system however we could do a whole. Lot MORE better with that but i was just wondering if you thought that that could probably be the reasons why the millennials are doing better and especially TRICKLING Down to the, gen Z.
Speaker 2: It possibly could and. I do, believe it IS you know there's another. I. Have another theory too uh there's a lot of surveys out showing millennials gen zs more young men and women are going back. To, church than ever, Before now think about this why are they going back to church and why are they taking control of their finances because they've. Lost hope they're a lot they were a lost generation because we. Had, the generation, before them uh you know with all the left winging politics and everything going on being shoved down their throats that they've lost, hope because, they're being told you know, they're not gonna own anything. And they're gonna like it you're gonna you're gonna, Have to get in line you're gonna, have to do you know it's socialism where you you. Can't realize your full. Potential all these different. Things they've lost all hope now they're going back and seeking that hope in the, right places In the churches In. The Bible and finding christ. Finding christ leads the stewardship stewardship leads to better financial management because, you realize It's not yours but it's god's And you're. Managing it TO his glory and that's i, think that's what's really happening is they're finding hope and they're realizing the best hope in the World Is, here in the united states where you have The Freedom To embrace the One true god and embrace jesus as your savior and take control of your life in the sense of Being able to start companies We just saw where gen Zs are entrepreneurs through the max where more almost six hundred thousand applications for new Businesses were put In in july. By gen zs. Starting businesses that's incredible, entrepreneurship ALL that going on and i, Believe, IT'S because they're realizing hey i have an opportunity most of. The WORLD doesn't have one is i can find, true hope In, the world UN true god and, too i have the strength the passion and ability to become more than just sitting at home playing video. Games on, A government dime you know i really. Believe, that's where it's at? DOROTHY what do?
Speaker 4: You think, i, absolutely agree excuse me yes we just see that pouring into the lives of these young people really really helps for, THOSE of us that, have i guess you say been through the fire and learn our. Lessons through the hard knocks is that we're Able to share this with and we just had a young man. That we've been ministering too, he's twenty five years old really hasn't had, a job over his lifetime and. So, he's been helping us however when we challenged him as to why don't you want, to really, get a job he says because there is no. Meaningful jobs there.
Speaker 5: For me.
Speaker 2: Then start it start, The BUSINESS you know Today, when I wanted TO yeah when i when i wanted TO start the first, business i started many. Many many many years ago it. Was all done on, paper there was no internet, there was no cell phones. THERE was nothing like that i had to sit DOWN and. Write it out i had there was no way for me to figure out all the legal terms and. ALL the legalities of it i actually had to go and get an attorney to help me work. Through that kind of, STUFF to figure it out i. Had to get an accountant now you can start a business online for whatever the fee is. In your state to incorporate you don't. Even have to go anywhere and if, you don't understand the question you just copy it AND paste it in the ai and it'll give you the legal terminology and. The risk and the concerns you can do so. MUCH starting a business now i think that has a lot to, do with the entrepreneurship now is that we. Can do so, much online by, the way speaking of businesses, for those Who Don't. Know this is dorsey kissler her and her husband have written and created an educational uh but financial education, for young, men and women, for teenagers for Pre Teens and it's called professor dollar that helps them understand what money is and how to use it and how it. Can enhance everything you're doing, How To. Handle your money professor dollar it's, Really. A really great information dorothy if, somebody, wanted information on that well? How can they get Information.
Speaker 4: I'll Go to the. Professor Dollar academy dot com.
Speaker 2: Professor dollar.
Speaker 4: And on THAT we also have another uh Setup that We have called minors to millionaires from, the classroom to the boardroom. So there's some information there we're still working on updating some Of the Information on, the minus to millionaire's website but they Can Definitely Go to the professor dollar academy dot com.
Speaker 2: And get more there, there and by the way They they both. Love the LORD so much sinny and i have. Become good friends with them they. They're they're just Incredible people They. Love the lord and Dorotha i'm so glad that. God brought our paths together, so thank you for that and thank you for calling in. AND joining me this. Morning, i really, appreciate it, Okay all right. BYE bye oh that's great i just love it when people you know call in and. Even people you, Don't, know speaking of that keith we only have, a Couple of minutes here so i'll hope you hold over until the next segment so that we can so that we can totally address your question here and. We will get to it, and the phones are open and we do have a lot, of chat going on here but we also have a lot of. Questions to be answering HERE one of The things i like, what dorothy said about education if somebody doesn't. TAKE you under the arm i remember my. FIRST my, FIRST real business i mean i had, a COUPLE of small businesses but i, opened up, a, music, store, you know guitars. Keyboards AMPS little recording studio but i. DIDN'T know anything about business i. DIDN'T know anything ABOUT marketing i just KNEW i loved, music AND i loved equipment and i WANTED to do this. And I love that industry so i did, that as a young man a gentleman. FROM an international, music COMPANY i met him the cfo of a, major company in the world took me under his wing and started. Teaching me about these things and it's ONLY because of that that, i became a decent businessman and It's only BECAUSE of the lord that i learned how to do it in. A way that honors him so, you put those two together. And it's a great thing we. Need to mentor the millennials we need, to be There for them the Gen z's and the gin alphas as a as a trek into this jungle of the called the. Economy called the stock market we need, to be there for, them not just financial. Issues BUT you as well when i LOOK at Our, chat AND i See, nelson AND i see justin and i see all these people that are are, Here on A, Regular, Basis, dave and darlene george lisa. You know all these people they have an intelligence that. CAN help the young person i want to encourage you to start mentoring young people because. That's, really where it's at well the number here is six ten. Three sixty three eleven ten that's six ten. Three six three eleven ten we got fifteen minutes left before we. GET to go to overtime i hope you'll. Be joining Us with that and now keith will get to you first thing. Coming back from this, break so hold on there and we got a couple more, slots on the phones opening so give us a call six tin. Three six three eleven ten.
Speaker 6: The opinions and recommendations expressed on this program do not necessarily represent the opinions of the station or. Any, of the program sponsors additionally all products or services offered by the program sponsors may not.
Speaker 2: Be known by the.
Speaker 6: Program welcome back to everyone the number here is six ten.
Speaker 2: Three sixty three eleven ten let's light up those Phones and let's get them let's get it filled up. For, overtime coming up here. Uh first of the week we didn't we didn't touch on it at. THE beginning of the show i just want, to Go through it again. One peter four to ten as, each has received the gift use it to serve one Other as good. STEWARDS of god's varied, grace i. Love that verse varied, grace we're each given different. Different gifts and different amounts it's Not what we have, that he's entrusted us with it's. What we do with it and we're to use it not only, to care for our families not, only to care for ourselves but to use it to, Care for others as. Well god's children as Well. Use it to glorify God. Use it to celebrate god that's what. A lot, of people forget You Know. Look at the old testament every time they woke Up and, realized how great god Was you had four million hebrews throwing a barbecue for a week. Or two or a month even so they knew How. To party for the lord sometimes it's. That wasn't cheap back then i'm. Sure it's not cheap today but we should use, it for The, same thing to celebrate god and Do, so not just on sundays but hopefully. Every day of the week. Let's go to our, phones, Here, We got keys yep. Keith welcome to financial issues. Glad you're with us? Today what's? On your? Mind? Good morning good morning.
Speaker 5: Uh? Ets for ON my mind. I've been i.
Speaker 2: Keep tracking that sounds like a country song to me? Ets, Are, On. My, mind georgia.
Speaker 5: Georgia Georgia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, e t. S georgia yeah.
Speaker 5: All right i keep tracking my Dividends and just how much i'm making and Just make sure i'm i'm i'm on the Income model and that's. What, i'm printer, CREATE income OKAY and uh i know ets, don't have a good dividend but they're supposed to are supposed, To, get interest rates also.
Speaker 2: Well it depends on THE type.
Speaker 7: Of.
Speaker 2: E t, f there Keith For Example the new timothy PLAN fixed in come et fu will HAVE they're they're looking at i think they're projecting BETWEEN four and six, percent uh yield on it so that that would be like your average bond or. Your average preferred or something, and so that's pretty good, especially since it's well diversified uh. To create, those that Yield so yeah not.
Speaker 5: Very you would that you will Be, in dividends or interest.
Speaker 2: Yes mostly in The In the in the timothy PLAN, fixed income e t f it. Would. Be in an income uh are you reinvesting your income or are you taking it out to supplement Your retirement, or or, Your.
Speaker 5: Right now right now i'm just building My cash with income with I'm building a cash and. I'm using that, about.
Speaker 2: Others oh all right So You know when.
Speaker 5: I'm, i'm I'm many Years old so i'll think i'm much happening to. Be, in the income model.
Speaker 2: Yeah when you're fine, Where you're at on IT i'll tell you what i like to. DO is with individual stocks i don't like reinvesting the. DIVIDENDS or the capital gains i like those going into a money, market account like you're doing but. With mutual FUNDS and ETFs the reason i don't like it going back into an individual stock is because over time that stock could get way out, of proportion for the. Portfolio and individual stock could but when you're when you're REINVESTING, them in into an. Etf you're, staying diversified, anyway there's somewhere you know between twelve and in a thousand different COMPANIES that are in that, Etf or that mutual fund so. You're getting the diversification anyway so it shouldn't it. Shouldn't take over your portfolio one one issue. Won't take over your portfolio but if you're taking them, as part of your. Income THAT'S a different story so i don't know if you just like the idea of taking all dividends and capital gains and and keeping it in cash so you can then go out and, find something else to buy or just keeping them there and then dumping them in at a at a time you think is more appropriate to be. Reinvesting in the same, things what's your philosophy there what's your, what's, Your, strategy Answer yes okay well praise god, and continue what you're doing because it sounds like. You're doing okay with it there's no. Right or wrong on that it's how. You best look at it and if, you.
Speaker 5: HAVE the well AGAIN if i go if i go in and look at the, at the at the. Dividends it's not that, much but IF it's interesting? How do i, find, that if that.
Speaker 2: Information well they'll be quarterly there'll be quarterly reports that come out.
Speaker 5: On.
Speaker 2: All your mutual funds uh you Also could go out to timothyplan dot com and you could look at their fact sheet. And. And their information there uh if you if You Could actually even call timothy Plan That's one eight hundred timothy plan and, talk, to somebody and say hey how often do you declare the dividends? And interest? On this et f uh and and uh how how and then tell them. What, YOU'RE trying to do well i want them to, come TO me in cash so i could put them IN the money market till, i DECIDE what to do or i, want them to be reinvested and they'll tell you. How, To Make that happen.
Speaker 5: Okay and i'm so happy. TO, hear, your previous Caller, I uh the professor dollar i've got a uh grandson just. Got his driver classes. Praise, goda looked.
Speaker 2: TO him yeah It's. Really i love the kisslers they they built this, as actually on biblical principles and then THEY'RE both they both Retired I think from the air FORCE and her with an. Nba and business and stuff but they. Wanted to help young, people but, then they realized you know a lot of people who need This wouldn't understand all these. Bible verses ahead in it so they paired that back a little bit, and so, that it's more it's more, it's accepted by more people but it's. All, BASED on biblical principles well, I, really appreciate your call keith thanks. For joining, us this, morning thank you thank you and thank you for helping out the young ones and mentoring them in. The ways, of biblical finance all Righty let's let's Go. To, justin here in texas justin what's?
Speaker 4: On?
Speaker 2: Your? Mind this morning?
Speaker 7: Hey mark. How you doing good.
Speaker 2: Morning i'm well. Good, to, HEAR from you.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah i thought i'd call in and maybe let's talk about. The outlephant in the. Room and THAT'S the markets, SO what i did, yesterday i don't you know a LOT of, people Think that i panicked but i've been thinking. ABOUT this for a while i, started having, some eye opening you know just kind of looking At what's going On in japan and the korean markets and the over. Evaluation OF the tech sectors and i ended up selling all my tech, stocks that, were way overvalued you know if the pe, WAS well over you know i had a, LOT in, THE you know i.
Speaker 2: Thought i thought YOU did THAT justin Because I thought i saw uncle sam smiling yesterday knowing knowing the taxes he's going to. Get, on those capital gains.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So that's the downside well i've got, a lot of, Cash now but you know. I've GOT a tax bill, BUT i you know what i slept good last night, and AND so you know and i was talking to my, uncle and he's AN investor and, he thought i was, CRAZY but you know WHAT i slept, good and i feel good and my wife. Was in agreement, with it, SO that' mean you know i may, have Made a wrong decision but i've. Been investing more, In bonds but you know i'm, just kind Of You, know you follow warren buffett and they've got three hundred and, sixty five billion in cash but they've only invested. Twenty Billion in the, market and, i'm, thinkab why and it's well it's. Because a lot everything's overvalued so after, SEEING everything happen this week, i PULLED back a lot and i kept a, lot OF the mining stocks and i kept a, lot of, gold and silver and hey everything's doing. Actually great In those sectors and so i'm just going to go into the bonds right now and just kind of write it out and kind of. Look FOR some good deals but i just want to chat with you ABOUT it and see what i don't.
Speaker 2: Have, a problem, with that actually, you know my my, philosophy my theology on finance, on investing as a steward is the sleep, factor is so so important not just because of anxiety or ruining your, life with worrying About stuff but because sometimes god gives individuals a reason to be concerned their life is changing in a way. They don't even, know, ABOUT god is saying hey i need you in this position for our next step on. This path of great works so individually our path can diverge from The path of others because he created you uniquely for Exactly the great works, that he created for you and they're not always the. Same as for somebody else. So that's the main reason and the sleep Factor is so strong because god. MAY be calling you that i don't have any problems with people cashing in and locking in all those gains they've had for the last year or two or three. Year or, five or so you know. That's, NOT a bad thing now i wouldn't. Get, into a panic mode yeah we've had this month has been. Really rough in the markets we've had the markets Dribbling, down, for most of august really and that, should give, us some concern. Not fear but some, concern and with that concern we should, be looking at our portfolios. Maybe locking in some gains maybe, it's time to start looking and also at some tax loss harvesting as. Well to OFFSET those gains so justin i think you're. DOING what's right for you I. KNOW you love the lord i know, you INVEST with biblical integrity and i know you're intelligent and you put all those things together And you pay attention. To god talking to, YOU with the sleep factor i think it's. A great idea FOR others i, don't Think i would panic but i'd start saying there's nothing wrong with raising. A little cash right now usually the end of the third quarter beginning of the fourth quarter is when the some of the worst times. Of the markets have Happened so but we trust god. And That's what we do we're stuart's and we're. Gonna invest with biblical integrity god bless you will see y'all in about. Thirty seconds here in overtime
Speaker 1: We ever forget That, we're one nation under god then we will