Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray WBZ Constance Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's the end of the week and the story of the week we haven't yet talked about. Therefore, let's talk about Los Angeles at this point. I remember when this story broke on Tuesday and someone from San Diego sent me a text, a friend of mine in San Diego that Los Angeles was on fire and prayed for people in Los Angeles. And I didn't know what she had meant. And beginning on Tuesday, you realized there's a big fire. Well it was big fires. The devastation in Los Angeles justice unimaginable, unimaginable. You look at some of those communities where people had multi million dollar homes, they were close to or in sight of the Pacific Ocean, and the fires that swept through were just devastating. Now, there's a whole lot of reasons here. First and foremost, I guess is that there's been very little rain in Los Angeles. I think I read somewhere that since last May an inch or so of rain. If that that's problem number one. Problem Number two is they do not tend to clear a lot of brush in parts of Los Angeles. I don't think they've had the money to do it, as a matter of fact, But that gives you a real bed of dry fire, leaves, foliage, et cetera, scrub needles, all of that, and then you have these Santa Anna winds that are unimaginable. We have a hurricane here and the winds are eighty miles an hour, and they peak at eighty miles an hour, and then that four or five hours later, the meteorologist will tell us what the winds are dying down. They're only down to fifty, and then they're down to thirty and the hurricane has passed. But with a hurricane comes by definition of sheets of rain. I mean, I don't know that we've ever had a dry hurricane here in the Northeast, but in effact, they had a dry hurricane in California. Now there have been addition, there have been several arson arrests. This has not gotten much play on the Network news, but but if you go to google any of this man detained near the Kenneth fire not accused of arson. He apparently had been stopped. But there is there have been other arrests. California State Park peace officers arrest arsen suspect near Leo Carrillo State Park. That was nine hours ago. Well, a woman arrested. Arson arrest surge in California over the last decade, California California Fire reports. That's a TV report from twenty two hours ago. Last night, creedmore Man arrested for arson in Atlantic Beach bar charged with multiples. That's that's not a Pacific Coast story. I apologize that this story yesterday neighbors make dramatic arrest. So there's another one. Alleged arsonists arrested in Los Angeles and Medadly amid deadly fires. So there have been some arrest I don't know where that's going to go, but let's see what happens. If God forbid there were people who started a fire out there and ended up with the devastation that we have. I don't know how long a criminal sentence we could give them. Now, before we get to to our conversation and call as you're welcome to join the conversation. We have a couple of sound bites I'd like to play. I think they're important. Okay, well, actually I got three or four sound bites. One is a mom in Los Angeles confronting the Governor Gavin Newsom as he is out surveying fire damage.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And this is an interesting confrontation. I've watched it. This woman is pleading with Newsom to do something, and Newsom just wants to get away from her. Cut number seven, ORB. I have to get self service. Let's get it.
Speaker 1: I want to be here when you call the president.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. I'm doing that right now. And it's to immediately get rembursement as individual assistance and to help John brown devastating program. I'm so sorry, especially for your daughter. I have four kids, one.
Speaker 4: Who went to school there.
Speaker 1: They lost their homes.
Speaker 5: They lost homes because they were living in one and building another.
Speaker 6: People, Kevin, please tell me, tell me what are you going to do with the president.
Speaker 7: Right now we're getting we're getting the resources to help rebuild.
Speaker 8: Is there no water in the hydrants?
Speaker 9: Governor?
Speaker 2: It's all literally?
Speaker 6: Is it going to be different next time?
Speaker 2: It has to be what are you going to do to fill the hydrants?
Speaker 8: I would fill him up personally.
Speaker 3: You know that I.
Speaker 9: Would fill up the hydrants myself.
Speaker 5: But would you do that?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't do whatever I can not. I see the Do you.
Speaker 4: Know there's water dripping over there, Governor there's water coming out there?
Speaker 2: You can use it. Yeah, woman, Obviously it was just beyond frustrated. Uh, in these communities, there's some celebrities who have lost everything. Actor Mel Gibson was on Joe Rogan. This is what he had to say, cut number eight. Rob.
Speaker 1: I gotta ask you how you're doing.
Speaker 6: I'm doing good.
Speaker 10: You know, it's just a thing, but you know it is.
Speaker 7: Obviously it's kind of devastating.
Speaker 1: It's emotional.
Speaker 7: You know, you live there for a long time and you had.
Speaker 10: All your stuff.
Speaker 3: Do you remember George Carlin talking.
Speaker 2: About your stuff.
Speaker 6: I had my stuff.
Speaker 7: There, and it's all like I've been relieved from the burden of my stuff because it's all in cinders.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Where were you, Mel when the fire broke out?
Speaker 6: Gosh, I was in Austin.
Speaker 7: I was doing the Rogan podcast, you know, and I wasn't. I was kind of ill at ease while we were talking because I knew my neighborhood was on fire, so I thought, I wonder if my place is still there. But when I got home, sure enough, it wasn't there. I went home and I said to myself. Well, at least I haven't got any of those pesky plumbing problems anymore.
Speaker 2: The Los Angeles Fire Chief talked about some knucklehead flying a drone that was hit by a Super Scooper which was trying to fight the wildfires. Flying a drone in the fire traffic is illegal. This is the LA Fire Chief cut thirty six.
Speaker 4: Rob yesterday at the Palisades Fire. Unknown exactly what time this small drone hit the wing of our COL four fifteen Super Scooper aircraft that we currently have on contract from the Province of Quebec. The pilots were unaware that they hit the drone. It wasn't until they landed at Vanney's Airport that the maintenance staff noticed that there was a fist sized hole in the leading edge of the wing onboard of the landing light. That Super Scooper will be prioritized for repair twenty four to seven. It should be flying Monday. We only have two of them. Everyone should know, all of your viewers, flying a drone in the fire traffic area is not only dangerous, but it's illegal.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope they prosecute the guy and it turns out, and it turns out that Los Angeles voters had just elected a new prosecutor. This is the last sound bite I'm going to play. Then I'm going to go to phone calls after the quick break. But if you might remember, there used to be a prosecutor in Los Angeles name was George. I called them George Gasbag gascon. He was turned out of office because he was a prosecutor didn't want to prosecute. Well, the new prosecutor is a guy named Nathan Haukman. I guess his sister's house was destroyed and he has a warning to the looters and scammers. And this guy sounds like my sort of prosecutor. Cut thirty seven or up.
Speaker 5: So I'm here in Pacific Palisades at the site of what used to be my sister's home. She's lived here for a while, a long time with her family, and now this, this home, along with the homes in the street in this neighborhood, are just gone. I've been here for over sixty years. I've not seen devastation like this in my lifetime. I mean, you have to harken back to the nineteen nineties when we're hit with the floods and the fires, and the earthquakes and the riots do even get.
Speaker 8: Close to this.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm absolutely convinced that LA is incredibly resilient and like it's done many many times before, Angelino's will come back and build this back better than ever. But for the people who are thinking, the criminals who are out there thinking about taking advantage of this situation through looting, or through scams or over the internet and praying on vulnerable victims, let me make it quite clear what's going to happen. The DA's office, working with law enforcement, is going to arrest you. They're going to prosecute you, and you will be punished to the full extent of the law.
Speaker 2: That's a promise. That's a new sheriff in town, and it's very helpful. I'm very hopeful I should say that that looters and scammers will be discouraged. My question, we're going to go to break real quickly and come right back with phone calls six one, seven, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. What should be done with looters and scammers? I say, well, absolutely thrill the book at it, and I think a minimum a minimum of twenty five years, a minimum of twenty five years for looters and scammers. I have no idea what the statutes are in California, but I hope they go after them in every way possible. And if they ever find anybody actually started these fires, a human being started this fire, that person should spend the rest of his life in prison. That's my thoughts. I want to hear from you, if you know anyone who's been out there, if you have relatives or friends out there, we'd love to hear what you've If you've been out there, if you've seen it. If you're listening tonight in California, a first caller is coming up right after the break is from California. One of our regular listeners six one seven, two five four ten thirty or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Let's talk because this is I've never I never have imagined been around a long time, been around a long time, never saw anything like this. This actually makes Hawaii from me a couple of years ago, to look relatively insignificant. I hate to put it like that way, but there's never been a fire of this magnitude in my lifetime at an American city. Los Angeles is burning back on night Side.
Speaker 1: After this, now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ the news radio.
Speaker 2: Let's go directly to California. Bob is a regular caller and a listener, and I know he's going to give us some information probably we haven't heard before. Bob. Welcome, appreciate your patients.
Speaker 11: Go right ahead, Thank you, Dan, Good evening. First of all, just the depth and scope of what's going on out here cannot be comprehended just by television video. A few quick facts. There are close to two hundred thousand people now displaced, two hundred thousand. There is now a curfew in place in the fire zone six pm to six am. There's a curfew which will help, you know, mitigate the looters. And there have been I've read north of ten thousand structures completely destroyed. They don't really know the number yet it continues to grow. It's not one fire, it's like four or five fires simultaneously. And the concern the winds return next Monday night. Tuesday, by no means the way out of the woods. These major fires are not even containing yet.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 11: I think one of the was eight percent contained, one of is three percent containing they're burning out of control as we speak. The point I wanted to make that I heard a couple of days ago there are hundreds of metric tons of dead vegetation in these hill sites, hundreds and hundreds of metric tons to breed that has been there for years and years. In the past, the state of California would clear out a lot of that debris. They have not done it. Okay, they have failed to do that over the last ten years. I heard a fire spokesman two days ago say that this is rocket fuel which is igniting these fires, all this dead vegetation. The state's entwer is we have no money. We have no money to do that. Okay, Well, Governor NUSA, and I'm going to read you one other factor. I googled it. Right in twenty twenty two, which is the last year if you google, twenty baillion dollars was given to illegals for services for illegals in the state of California. Twenty three billion. Okay, they paid eight point eight point five billion in taxes is what illegals supposedly paid. So that's a surplus. So that's the difference of fourteen billion dollars paid out. Can you imagine if we had just taken a couple of billion dollars, just two billion of the fourteen and cleaned out how much vegetation could have been cleaned out. Okay, I will just say, and then I'll let you ask any questions. This is a broken metropolis. It is broken. The reporters, the anchor people of the TV stations, they can barely not show their emotions. Okay, we are broken, We are crippled.
Speaker 2: Spirit.
Speaker 8: How long?
Speaker 2: How long do you think it's going to take Los Angeles to recover?
Speaker 11: They had a reporter last night in which I go through six times a year. It's not just rich people. People listening have to understand again, it's over turn of thousand people displaced. Many of them are just common folks like you and me. The reporter last night stood on PHM Malibu. I saw it, and he said, Malibu is gone. He goes, for those of you that have enjoyed Malibu, which is me and millions of people out here, he goes, it's gone. As you remember Malibu, it no longer exists. He goes, it is not here anymore, and he goes it will take years and years and years. The general thinking is five to ten years is what it will take.
Speaker 2: I remember visiting a friend of mine in who had a house on the water in Malibu. He was a writer, a movie writer, and he actually wrote music as well from Otown and there's a beautiful home and there were actually the part of it was on stilts. It was over the world water. It was actually part of the home was in the water. So it was on the water side of that highway in Malibu. And I guess all of those homes on.
Speaker 11: The water are gone, gone, gone. Yes, the fires jumped p Pacific Coast Highway. The fires are jumping the freeways.
Speaker 2: That home that that I visited him, I remember it. It was like yesterday being there and it's no longer there. And I looked at the I looked at the pictures from the air. It looked as if Pacific Palisades was hit with an atomic bomb.
Speaker 11: That's correct, they that's correct, and it's not just Pacific Palisades again. The FOI fied major fires. Yeah, they were talking to reported last night Alta Dina, right. He said, it looks like a nuclear bomb. He said, it is. I'm trying to process it, you know, I'm originally from Boston. I'd love Boston, but I've been out here since nineteen eighty seven. I'd love sell in California. I'm a native, considered a native. Now we're done, we're trying to process that. We're in a status shock. The misallocation of resources is criminal. What the politicians have done there, absolutely criminal. Their bass kept the fire budget by twenty three million dollars going into this year.
Speaker 7: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 11: Okay, last celebrities you mentioned that was the last last month. The celebrities, by the way, are turning against Newsome. Typically they've been Democrat and liberals. They're turning against them. You've got these I got to contain myself. He You've got these liberals to try to say, oh, well it's global warming. Well, yes, global global warming is certainly probably a factor. Okay, but had all that vegetation been cleaned out, the fires would have been mitigated. They would not rocket few. Let's keep using that word.
Speaker 2: So I heard I heard the guy use rocket the phrase rocket fuel.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I promise you, this is the next selection here. It's gonna be interrupting. Look out. People are fed up. I think they're gonna clean out nuisance turned out anyway. But anyway, sorry, any more questions down.
Speaker 2: No, it's just where are all these people gonna go about? That's the question. I mean they have nobody knows.
Speaker 11: Nobody knows. Okay, It's like I said, we're crippled. I intend long term to do what I can to help out some things you and I've talked about. I think downline will help because it will take years. In years again, the thinking is five to ten years. Okay. Now consider this too. If there was a major earthquake right now, God forbid, if there was, all of our resources go down and these fires would completely There's no question, a major part of the sun of California would just burn out if we didn't have these firefighting efforts going on, which anyway.
Speaker 2: It will have to be years, if not decades before those areas, those beautiful parts you know, west of downtown Los Angeles toward the water ever come back, if ever. Yep, ye, Bob, thank you so much for having me for the unseen reporting. I really do appreciate it.
Speaker 11: Count your blessings, everybody listening, Count your blessings. When you have your home, you know, it's a lot more than a lot of people have right now.
Speaker 2: They have nothing. They had the clothes in their back. You know, one of the things I would ask people here in New England if your house ever was on fire, you have maybe a minute or two if that, to gather whatever possessions you What do you do? You don't know what to do. Yeah, And I'm hearing today that insurance companies are actually already turning down claims.
Speaker 11: Of oh yes, yeah, I think you'll have at least one insurance company who's my opinion, go bankrupt. There are people that apply today. It is on news radio two hours ago. Okay, people people who have been applying to FEMA and they're getting automatically denied by FEMA is denying them, probably because you know the US citizens Okay, they're you and me. But you know that doesn't count. You have to be illegal, okay to get benefits full of your.
Speaker 2: Hopefully not hope, hopefully not. Bob. Thank you, thank you so much for your for your for your information. It does give us a sense of how desperate it is for people out there. Thank you, my friend, Thank you.
Speaker 11: Much, Thank thank you. Dan good night.
Speaker 2: Six seven two four ten thirty, six seven, nine thirty Get a news break at the bottom of the hour. We will talk about this, I hope until ten OClO. At ten o'clock, I want to talk about the sentencing today for the president elect. We will continue though, until ten o'clock. I just would what do you think when you see those pictures? It is it's beyond imaginable. It's beyond imaginable that in a city like Los Angeles this could have happened. There are many factors, manufacturers. Back on Nightside after.
Speaker 1: This, you're on Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the phones we go. Let me go to Ray and Lowell. Ray, you are next on Nightside. Welcome.
Speaker 8: How are you doing?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you we're all doing better than people in Los Angeles. We got to keep them in our prayers tonight. Ray.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I just I like to listen to your show a lot whenever I can, And I guess wanted a time in a couple by ideas here and just see what you think about it, what your audience thinks about it. You know, I mean, nobody wants to kick anybody when they're down, unless you're sick of yourself, you know. But I mean, but this, this is absolutely the California thing. The way California is run, in my opinion, is just like absolutely completely unaccountable for anything out there. They're just case in point. Gavin Newsom has been there. I think I could be wrong, but I think he's been governor for like seven or eight years or something like that.
Speaker 2: And yeah, he's been governor for a while.
Speaker 8: You're absolutely right, yeah, And you know with all this stuff, like like somebody was saying your earlier call the person you haad call in yourself. You know, I'm using the same term he did and you did. It's not rocket science that you know, you've got to clear out these bush things and stuff like that. And if that hasn't been done for years, I mean years and years in an area that's susceptible to you know, all kinds of stuff out the weatherwise. For Joe Biden to come out now on his last days, as he's leaving the Oval Office, thank god, but as he's leaving the Oval Office, for him to come out and say to Gavin Newsom, the post the boy, Gavin Newsom, the post a boy of unaccountability and the post a boy of just mal seasons for Joe Biden to say to him spare no expense. He doesn't. My words, not his. The US taxpayer, US taxpayer nation from Cedar Shining Sea will bail you out because you did everything possible to make this happen by default by not doing anything, and for the for the American taxpayers in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Georgia to come out and pay for all us and he said this, He said this. Biden said this. He said, you know, we'll pay the salaries of the firefighters, will pay everything. And he said twice they are no expense. That is absolutely a phenomenal amount of money. Because he's going to step in, I'm sure and whatever insurance companies are turning down claims as they should after what has happened. I mean, he's going to probably bail them out insurance wise. The American taxpayer just gets host time and time again, in my opinion, by the Democrats. Because now, I will say this, in the interest of beings said, if this happened in a Republican runs state, let's say just pick one like with Christy Normans or something like that, I would be equally as had on the Republican if they heco they were absolutely as malfeasoned as this person here, But I just I'm sick and tired of the taxpayers coming in and rescuing people after they spend all of our money and you know, and then billions and billions to Ukraine and stuff, and the people in what was it in Ohio or someplace where they had.
Speaker 2: The Palestine, Ohio Palestine.
Speaker 8: Up and but for Joe Biden's not even set a foot in these palatines help those people out. This is absolutely disgriceful and I I appreciate you, Dan very much. I appreciate all you do, and I appreciate you letting me have the before here from me.
Speaker 2: You've had it and a lot that you said people will agree with and feel free to keep calling and listen every night. Thanks, thanks, very appreciate it.
Speaker 8: How about you, Dan, by bye, I'll about you good night.
Speaker 2: Let me go to Suzanne Susanne and Newton Susanne next time Nightsig go right.
Speaker 3: Ahead, Dan, thanks for taking my call. I think Gavin Newsoon, governor of California, is trying to say something called the spotted Newt. It's between the lizard and a fish, and that is what his main mission seems to be.
Speaker 2: Well, there was you know, there was there was some talk of that. Uh and I don't know enough.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talking about time I've been there. I heard others say that it was some sort of endangered smelt or something like that.
Speaker 6: But I like.
Speaker 2: The bottom line is that this was devastating. Every year they have the Santa Ana winds. They knew that it was a very dry summer out there, apparently very little rain, and once you get a fire started and those winds are blowing, uh, you know, the results were very predictable, very predictable.
Speaker 3: And it was like a kinder rocks because people want trees around their house, the palace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's a beautiful It was a beautiful area. It's going to take them generations. Generations were covered. So Zanne, hope you have a good weekend. Thank you very much, appreciate your calling.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much, Dan, you as well have a great Now.
Speaker 2: Let me go to Patrick down in the District of Columbia. Hi, Patrick, how are you?
Speaker 6: Bye, sir? And I definitely want to when things are not so term, you know, it's such turmoil. But boy, oh boy, this year has just kicked off with just an amazing just a few hours, a couple hours after midnight on January the first. My goodness, well, we're down to it.
Speaker 2: That true, and of course this now on top of it. It's unbelievable. It is just unbelievable.
Speaker 6: It's totally unbelievable. I'm looking thinking about is there such a thing as a massive American ingenuity that can run pipelines from the ocean and just was the darn place and put it all out from our navy ships. I mean, what is there is there American ingenuity to put this stuff out?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I mean under these circumstances. I mean, I'm told that in the past I watched a lot of this and they said that, well, there's the Pacific Ocean half a mile away. The question is how do you physically get the water out of the ocean? Number one? And then number two. I guess they did have some ability with some of these planes, if they could get them up in the air. One of my listeners earlier tonight actually sent me a couple of emails, and the emails were talking about these and incredibly large planes and maybe you've heard of them. I frankly, I guess I had heard of them, but I didn't know a lot about them. And these are massive planes they called water supertankers seven forty Seven's the listener who wrote into me. His name is Steve. He's a pretty sharp guy, and he says, in the United States, these seven hundred, the seven forty seven supertankers are primarily based out of Colorado Springs, Colorado, at the Colorado Springs Airport, operated by a company called Global super Tanker. Apparently these are located there for convenient access for rapid deployments of the Western US. I've seen some pictures of these. These are huge planes. I guess they filled them with water. I have no idea how you could fill them with that amount of water, how the plane could get off the ground, but I assume they do. I assume they do. So anyone out there who and if Steve B. Happens to be listening and he can add to the conversation, love to hear from him on this. These just look like a huge plane. Almost looks like one of those planes that used to fly the SuperSonics to Europe in three hours. The concords. It sort of has that shape of the concord. I don't know how they would get the water on. I don't know how they get it up in the air, but if they could, it's going to deliver a lot more water in one fell swoop than some of these helicopters have been delivering. You watch the helicopter and the water comes out, and the water seems to dissipate before it hits the ground.
Speaker 6: You know, with my eye on the clock here, Dan, this could happen to any of us, to any of us in any city. And when you add back indo December, when you asked me about what I thought about the drones, and that I haven't heard because I've been knocking on doors in the watershed community of the Chesapake Bay about evacuations and how to organize yourself for evacuations and you know, how to look out for one another. But any of this can happen. This could happen to Boston, It could happen to Philly, Baltimore, DC. And we were taught earlier in the fifties and sixties. You know, when boys are boys and girls are girls. You know, the boys put fire first. And there's just certain practices that we used to do in our country that we just don't do anymore. And as you see the result of what when we don't use our common sense and do what we're supposed to do. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that Los Angeles and that part of California is particularly susceptible. Apparently they have not had a substantial rain out there since May, and you know when the Santa Ana winds are going to start to blow. I think that they're almost predictable, as when the birds, when the swallows returned to cal Pastrano in May whatever that rather March, you know, the one of the earliest signs of spring. It's I've never seen anything like this. This looks to me when I look at the video, I think about Hiroshima and Nagasaki in the in August of nineteen forty five. Everything is just leveled.
Speaker 6: This is the This is the real deal. There's there's no question about it. And I hope to pray that the ingenuity, the American ingenuity, will come along and of course say.
Speaker 2: I don't know how, I don't know how you rebuild a neighborhood of this. It's going to take them months just to clear the debris. At some point they're going to have to allow people to go back and see if there's anything they can salvage. I assume they have to search for bodies. They think there are more than ten people. This is a it's it's enormous. It's enormous. Patrick, keep that thinking up on and come up with something for us.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, Dan, thank you very much. I'm very sorry for the circumstances. Again, thank my fellow listeners for having me along. And I worry about them very much.
Speaker 2: Concerned about civil defenses is right up your alley. I know that we'll take a quick break right back on Nightside. We got Alex and Ruth and Brad and Steve and if we take this, want to take this in the next hour you decide, We'll be back on nightside after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's keep rolling here. We got a bunch of calls. Let's try to get everybody and Alex and Millis Alex next on Nightside. Your comments on Los Angeles is burning.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, my heartaches for those people. But therefore, the grace of God go. I you know, I was going to say, Dan, I was in a store and they were asking for a donation. So I was talking to a gentleman working the store, and he is from that area. He said to me that, uh, you know, years ago, equal these people well to do. Uh they were allowed to build there, you know, they somehow or other where they shouldn't have built. So actually I'm not I'm not trying to you know, kick them when they're down, but uh, you know those that area is is very very congested, you know, and and sometimes uh you have you have to allow you know, nature and not to not to take over, you know, by building and and you know, causing and so the homes, I guess are close together, but they're.
Speaker 2: They're they're close together. But there's homes all across America that are close together. Go to any urban, go to any city in America. Have you been to you know, to the back bay. Look there there are townhouses everywhere. That's that's the way Americans live. We don't live. It's not the sixteenth century where all of a sudden everybody lives on forty acres and has a mule, Alex. I mean that's the way people live.
Speaker 6: We could people, I'm sure, but yeah, yeah. The other thing is, you know, I mean where we live here. We're very fortunate because you know, we may complain about the cold or the snow if we get snowstorms, but you know, we don't have hurricanes. We don't have you know, we have hurricanes.
Speaker 2: Of course, we have hurricanes. We have hurricanes, we have blizzards, but we survive those. We've had plenty of hurricanes. We have a devastating hurricanes.
Speaker 6: Alex, right, but not to the degree of other parts of the country. You know, I think you know down south in Florida they're always getting tornado in the Midwest, tornadoes.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I will take our wed weather. And I've said that here a lot, and I think you agree on it. I'll take an occasional blizzard, you lose power for a day or two, I get it, Okay, I'll take an occasional hurricane compared to what we have other parts of the country, other parts of the world, unamis you have typhoons. Hurricanes are real hurricanes. Not in far. We've had some bad ones here. We've had there was a big hurricane in nineteen fifty four. We've had some bad hurricanes. We had the blizzard of seventy eight. Yeah, but nothing like what these folks have been through. Quote to them, all right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I was going to say, do you think you know our insurance rates will get affected because of this?
Speaker 2: I think everyone's insurance rates will get affected. That's how huge.
Speaker 6: We have nothing to do with the fires out there, but you know, no.
Speaker 2: That's what insurance is all about, Alex. You know, in other words, if you have a fire in your house, you you you buy insurance. It's sort of a hedge against if no one had insurance. That's that's the whole concept of insurance. The group takes takes on the responsibil ability. Will there be Will there be an impact here? Of course there will be.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you have insurance and you never make a claim. You make one claim and they want to cancel you.
Speaker 2: You know, well that's a different story. That's a different story, and they should not be able to do that. Alex. You gotta keep rolling. Thank you much, appreciate what you call. Let me go quickly here if I can, Brad and lean Brad next on Nightsiger right.
Speaker 6: Ahead, like good evening.
Speaker 1: Damn it.
Speaker 10: The place looks like a scene out of the Terminator movie.
Speaker 6: There the night went horrible quickly.
Speaker 10: One of my neighbors had a unique job. He used to go around to different cities towns and they used to check the water pressure on the hydrants. They used to measure the rate, the flow, the pressure, the whole deal. And he used to tell me, Oh, this city's got great, good place to live. These ones are bad and whatnot. And you know we're talking our area, but I'm sure they do that in every city, major, you know, whatever. So there's a bunch of people over there, and you know, I can't speak exactly, but people know what hydrants work, and they know the pressure. There's reports on this, and like, this stuff could have been addressed, It could have been fixed. I mean, and then you hear the previous cause twenty three billion dollars went elsewhere, and I mean, this is preventible, and like all I can think of is in Massachusetts, we got a lot of money going elsewhere to And I mean, you got to think that some of this stuff isn't happening here as well. And I mean you mentioned the back day, a moment ago, and God's a bid, something horrible like that happens, and these guys pull up and the hydrants are either have low pressure or the debt.
Speaker 2: Well, you know the back bay, Remember the Hotel von Dome with the all the firefighters who died in nineteen seventy two. We've had those incidents. Looking in Worcester, the cold storage fire that took the lives of five Worcester firefighters back, I guess it was in two thousand. It's almost twenty five years ago, or late nineteen ninety nine. They just had the twenty fifth anniversary. You have these tragedies, but nothing like on the scale of what we're looking at and terrible.
Speaker 10: But I mean some of these hydrants in the areas that aren't burnt yet, I mean they're going to run under the same issues in the areas that are burnt.
Speaker 2: Said, there's some question as to whether or not when they killed the electricity out there that impacted the ability of the hydrants to work. I'm not enough of an engineer or a technician to know about it, but there must be some lessons that can be learned simple as.
Speaker 10: Well with the palms popping it out and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, thanks, Brad, I got to keep rolling here, got a whole bunch of you two. Have a good weekend. Let me get real quickly, June and Rhode Island, June your next time nights, I go right ahead.
Speaker 9: I did. I wanted to bring to your attention. I've been listening to Los Angeles News all week, day and night and getting the updates. There's a Pacific Palisades family fends off flames. It was a father, a son, and a greeand son and their last name was go Wings. And I saw a peace on it and I just googled it. And what he did was he took a generator, a pool pump, a garden hose, and a sprinkler system and drain the pool to protect his property during the fire. And so far he's okay, and he tried to help save some of the neighbors fire. So if you google it, it's very interesting and a lot of other people come up that have done similar things.
Speaker 2: But yeah, there's always people, you know, June, There's always people who in crises are able to react because they know they have technical expertise. But the average person who might have a pool in their backyard, they don't have that technical acumen. They don't have that.
Speaker 9: No, you know what I'm saying, Gee, that was pretty ingenious. It's something he should you know, make a kit and sell for people.
Speaker 2: You gotta have a generator. That's expensive and you've got to be able to know how to do it and do it under pressure. Can you imagine if you're in that neighborhood and all of a sudden you saw the fire sweeping down the street where you live. You have two minutes to get out of your house. Those people have that thirty seconds are a minute to grab whatever they could grab. They could grab I don't know, some old pictures or what do you do? You grab? You grab your wallet, grab your purse, maybe grab if you have a passport, you grab some check books. But it's it's all gone.
Speaker 9: It's all gone, very very sad. It's very very stressful for everyone there.
Speaker 2: And I got you in before the ten, but I got a break for news here. So as always, thanks for your loyalty and thanks for listening. Tonight, it's gonna call over. Thank you much. Thank okay to those of you on the line, to Ruth, to Jerry, and to Steve. Stay there. We will take your calls in the next hour and we will stick with this. If you want to, we can talk about the Donald Trump story on Monday night if we have to, but we're gonna stick with this into the next hour. Back on Night's side after this