Speaker 1: And welcome to the Big Radio Show.
Speaker 2: Hi, how are you. It's Monday.
Speaker 1: Today is the ninth day of June, year of Our Lord, twenty twenty five. My name is Tom Sullivan. So we've got a lot to cover today. It was a busy weekend and so yesterday we were out and about doing family things, and we got home and I turned on the television saw Los Angeles and the riots going on there.
Speaker 2: It is. You know, I've seen LA riots going back to the nineteen sixties.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just the the race riots back in the sixties. There was the Rodney King riots back in the ninety two, I think it was. So we've seen this before. So what is this all about? Because Friday night it started when ICE, which is a law a federal law enforcement agency. They're like the FBI. They're a federal law enforcement agency, Immigration and Customs enforcement, that's.
Speaker 2: What they do.
Speaker 1: And so they are out trying to find the criminal illegals that are in this country. And so a lot of people are pointed to blame because of the fact that President Trump called up federalized the California National Guard because Governor Newsom would not Mayor of Los Angeles Karen bass would also not so Trump, who actually it seems like this is something he's been wanting to do for some time. He tried to do it back in Trump one point zero with Portland and Seattle, and in Portland he was able to do some of it because of the fact that the rioters were surrounding the Federal building in Portland, and he got federal federalized National Guard to guard the Federal building in Portland. And so this has happened before. There is a whole slug of laws, the Posse Commatatis, which basically says that you can't use the United States military against its own citizens in our own country kind of. But there are exceptions to that. One of them is the Insurrection Act. And the Insurrection Act has been used rarely, but has been used. And one of the things that I think people need to learn about Donald Trump is he is going to use anything at his disposal.
Speaker 2: The courts will figure it out later.
Speaker 1: But was he right in calling up or federalizing the California National Guard? Knew someom the governor of California says absolutely not. It was disgusting, it was unconstitutional, And Karen Bassa is just worthless. So it's another part of this is the politics is that the Democrat Party seems to be the party that is behind the illegals that are in this country, and they are the party that is anti ICE. And one Democrat this morning I saw was saying, Hey, Democrats, you might want to stop using the anti Ice rhetoric because you're just inflaming everything. But let's go back to Friday night. So there were these people, the ICE people came in and where they're in Los Angeles, And I got a clip I'll play it for you here to just a ben where Karen Bass says fifty percent of Los Angeles is Hispanic. Wow, I know it was big. I didn't know it was half. But who cares how many Hispanics live in Los Angeles? I mean, you want to find out how many Irish live there? I mean what, it doesn't make any difference. They're not looking for Hispanics, They're looking for illegals. Yes, a lot of the illegals that came into this country came from Latin American countries, whether it was Mexico actually more in the past, but now South America, Venezuela, El Salvador, all of that crowd, and so I think you go fishing where the fish is, and if your ICE and there's pressure on them to increase the number of arrests, they're going to go fishing where the fish are. And there's probably a lot of illegals that are in Los Angeles. I think the racing creates more problems by bringing that up Karen Bass, but if you want to, that's kind of how she's not the brightest person in town. The Democrats now are starting to urge other Democrats to stop the anti Ice rhetoric. And the reason why is because polling from just about everybody left right, front center, the polling is very much in favor of Donald Trump getting rid of deporting illegals. And then you get down into the nuances. Well, I don't want Jose who's been in this country for thirty years and runs of dry cleaners and has a family and children. No, I'm not talking about him, kind of not. Maybe I'm looking for the criminals. Well, so is Ice. So they went to a home depot location where a bunch of people, usually illegals, standing around waiting to get hired to do temporary labor jobs, and the neighborhood found out about it, and they started surrounding Ice. Ice then brought the prisoners down to the LA Federal Building near downtown Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: There's two buildings.
Speaker 1: Feds have a building in downtown LA, one in West LA. This was downtown, right by City Hall, right by skid Row. It's a terrible part of town. So they brought the people that they had apprehended there and I guess they were going to sort out who's who at that point. I'm not sure how much sorting they did at the home Depot parking lot, but.
Speaker 2: That brought the crowd out.
Speaker 1: Then Ice called the LAPD and said, you know what, we need help. There's more of them than there are of us. So they had kind of ramped everything up. Now, the other part of this story is is they keep talking about Donald Trump did the National Guard and federalized and everything else. There are three hundred National Guard on duty with feet on the ground in Los Angeles, federalized by the White House.
Speaker 2: Three hundred.
Speaker 1: Now, he said he was going to call up two thousand, but there's only three hundred there. So maybe the rest are coming, but at this point there are three hundred. They are surrounding the perimeter of the LA Federal Building. They are not out on the streets. Again, I'll play a clip for you Karen Bass talking about they're not supposed to be out on the streets.
Speaker 2: They're not.
Speaker 1: I watched it yesterday afternoon and yesterday evening and again this morning, and all I see is black police uniforms. That's the Los Angeles Police Department and the LAPD. Jim McConnell, Jim McDonald who's the chief of LAPD, says that they were overwhelmed and that's when you call for the National Guard. But Gavin Newsom will not do it, and neither will Karen Baston. They both have apparently the authority, especially the governor, have the authority to do that.
Speaker 2: And Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump is said and they're going, I'm not going to let this become Portland or Seattle. From his first term, it got out of control, and so this is I think the courts will rule in his favor. Certainly has the authority, it seems to be. But is this then starts about anti ice And there's a number of people that are in these communities in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: That are afraid of ice.
Speaker 1: There against ice because they're family and friends and neighbors. Some of them are here illegally. But what I saw was no National Guard until this morning, and they were around the perimeter of the Federal building. You've got a very weak governor and mayor that are going to sit back and let la burn. And by the way, this is the it started off as anti Eisenmer's. Now the professional agitators have arrived. Yesterday afternoon. The police were talking about we recognize a lot of these people and they arrested twenty seven, but some of them were people that they've arrested before that were quote out exercising their First Amendment rights. No, they're professional agitators. That's what they do. They run protest. They are supported by paychecks from people like George Sorows. But you've got the weak governor, you got the weak mayor, and may I point out what happened the last time you had a weak governor. It was in Minneapolis. It was the death of George Floyd and Minneapolis burned because Tim Waltz did nothing for three days. Then after people begging him to call out the National Guard, he finally did and that squashed the riots. The same thing happened again in Portland, week Mayre, same thing happened in Seattle. Seattle burned, Portland burned, Minneapolis really burned, And so do you want to wait for a week, Governor. One of my other observations yesterday was a lot of the protesters had Mexican flags. I didn't see any American flags, and that must be it must have been won, but they have.
Speaker 2: They do this when they riot in La.
Speaker 1: The people of La there's a lot of a lot of people from Mexico. I don't know whether they're legally or not, but they're but they're they're not assimilating. They are devoted to what they considered their motherland, which is Mexico.
Speaker 2: Mexican flags everywhere.
Speaker 1: So twenty seven were arrested, some of them professional agitators seen before. And the Democrats are lining up behind the rioters for one reason, one reason only, and that is because they have Trump derangement syndrome. They really do not like Donald Trump. And Donald Trump is itching to go after troublemakers like this. He pushes the edge of the law and because of that, he's been sued for everything under the sun. And the courts are going to have to make a lot of decisions about whether he was in the right or wrong. So let's start with Chad Wolf, the former head of the Department of Homeland Security. This is from yesterday, Yeah, Sunday evening.
Speaker 3: Right, because we've seen this before.
Speaker 4: We saw this in twenty twenty when states and governors and mayors said exactly the same thing, which we don't need the federal government. We've got it under control. And the first Trump administration said, great, get it under control, and day after day, week after week, even months at a time, it went out of control. We saw this in Portland, we saw this in Seattle, we're now seeing in Los Angeles. So look, I think what the Trump administration is saying is, look, if you want to solve this locally, then solve it. Make sure that we don't have law enforcement, law enforcement officials in harm's way. But if we don't see any progress, then we're going to take matters in our own hands. We're actually going to defend law enforcement. And I think that's what's going on in the ground in Los Angeles right now.
Speaker 5: Does what role do you think de escalation needs to be, What role does it have in this situation? And what should law enforcement be doing to de escalate things.
Speaker 4: Well, obviously that's again maybe a better question for the governor and the mayor, which don't seem to be doing a whole lot in this case. Look, I think for law enforcement, you've got law enforcement agents in the community trying to carry out civil law enforcement or immigration orders, trying to remove dangerous individuals from those commune unities, and they are interfered with, they are being thrown rocks at molotov cocktails. This cannot continue in California or anywhere else because what happens is day after day. If this doesn't isn't being addressed, then you get professional protesters, you get professional agitators coming into your community.
Speaker 3: And I don't think anyone wants that.
Speaker 4: So I think making sure that law enforcement is apprehending individuals that are violently again crossing that line and doing violent things that we've seen, I think is really important here. But no doubt, if people want to protest and they want to do it non violently, they should be allowed to do that, and I think law enforcement is there to make sure that they have their rights to do that. But if it crosses the line, you infere with law enforcement. And certainly if you attack law enforcement and destroy property, you need to be held accountable.
Speaker 5: And so now we have these National Guard troops which have been pederalized, called in by the president not the governor, and now are under the command of the Defense Department. And there are the questions of rules and engagement specific when they're trained to use lethal force.
Speaker 2: What do you know about that?
Speaker 4: Well, again, I think this is an interesting debate. We're very concerned in your reporting. Last segment was very concerned about rules of engagement, what President Trump is doing. What you're not reporting on are the is the violent and the the destruction that's occurring there in LA What you're not reporting on are the criminal aliens.
Speaker 3: That are being removed off the streets of Los Angeles. I think that is really really important to hear you.
Speaker 4: I hear that if that doesn't or if that continues, then you're obviously going to have more and more law enforcement in there. Look, National Guard is trained to do this type of behavior. We saw it during the first Trump We've seen it during the LA riots back in the early nineties. I believe they know how to do this mission. They know how to go in there obviously protect law enforcement, making sure that individuals have that first Amendment right to protest. But look, if they're going to cross that line, then they'll obviously take action.
Speaker 5: So what are their orders and when are they supposed to engage and when do they use lethal force?
Speaker 4: Well, and you know, my experience tells me that when local law enforcement there becomes overwhelmed, when you know, when you have two hundred or several hundred other agitators and folks that are crossing the line from nonviolence to violent protests, that's when you're going to get the National Guard engaged because law enforcement capabilities are then outmatched. And so that's what the Trump administration is saying. You don't send the federal or sorry, the National Guard in this case into every community because you have local law enforcement usually helping. But I think what we've seen, and there's been reporting where you know LAPD takes two hours to respond to an incident involving ice officers.
Speaker 3: That's a problem.
Speaker 4: That's two hours where law enforcement officials perhaps could be deadly or seriously I should say injured, And you want to have other assets there, in this case, the National Guard, to protect those off so that they can go out and that they can.
Speaker 3: Do their job. I just disagree wholeheartedly.
Speaker 4: By saying that bringing the National Guard, bringing law enforcement into a community is somehow escalating the situation. The only thing that's escalating it is the amount of violence against law enforcement. We heard the same thing in Portland and Seattle about more law enforcement in those communities back in twenty twenty was somehow escalating it when local officials simply were not doing their job and making sure that law enforcement officers were safe. So I disagree saying when you bring a national guard it somehow escalates it. If local officials, whether it's the governor, the mayor or others, had done their job, let lap do their job, we wouldn't see this.
Speaker 3: And I think President Trump and.
Speaker 4: Other members of the cabinet have said, look, you need to do your job. But if you're not willing to do your job, then we're going to come in here and we're going to protect those law enforcement officials. Now, I only you know, and I'm sure they'll only be there as much as they're needed to be there.
Speaker 3: But again, they need to be there to protect ICE law enforcement.
Speaker 4: And others trying to carry out those immigration orders.
Speaker 2: And Chad Wolfe was right.
Speaker 1: Apparently the ICE officers yelled for help, and the LAPD one report said they took fifty five minutes, and other reports that they took two hours to respond. But again, this whole idea that the anchor is portraying is that somehow that this was escalating the situation because they had a because they brought in the National Guard and federalize them. Then there's Karen bass the mayor of Los Angeles. She has been an abject failure about everything that she They've spent billions and billions of dollars on homeless and they have the worst homeless crisis they've ever had. It continues to keep growing. They've had budget problems in the billions of dollars upside down. She mismanaged everything about the fires in Los Angeles. She's still laying. Listen to this clip I'll played for you. This is from yesterday afternoon. She held a small news conference and in that she brought up and we had the fires. You know, the fires had nothing to do with this. So here's Karen Bastrom yesterday.
Speaker 6: Well, there are a number of protests that are taking place around the city, and unfortunately, in a couple of the areas there has been an unlawful assembly declared. I will tell you that a sense of fear has been created in the city beginning on Friday when numerous workplaces were raided. Initially we were told only violent criminals. I don't know how that relates to a workplace. We have people that are detained right now and they've not been in contact with their families, they've not been allowed to have legal counsel, and to me, it just seems like this is intentional chaos. You know. I had talked to representatives of the Trump administration earlier on to tell them that the LUTs Angeles Police Department could control things that were happening here and that there was no need to federalize troops. And so to have this here is really just a provocation and something that was not needed in our city. We're still recovering after five months from the city's worst natural disaster in decades, and now to go through a trauma like this that is really traumatizing the whole city because everybody knows somebody in a city where more than fifty percent our Latino this just sows chaos that is not warranted nor needed in the city of Los Angeles at this point. In time.
Speaker 5: And I know LAPD, as you just noted, declared some of these gatherings and lawful assembly. Is that something you were made aware of before they did that?
Speaker 3: Did you okay that?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: Well I didn't okay it. I don't run the police department, the chief does, but I was aware of it. And what I was told is is that the protesters had begun throwing things. So to me, it is most important that everybody be allowed to exercise their First Amendment right, but it absolutely has to be done peacefully. Now with federal troops on the ground, we do not need to have our city under sage. I remember the last time federal troops were on the ground here, and it was in nineteen ninety two when there was massive civil unrest. Nothing like that is happening here, So there is no need for there to be federal troops on our ground right now.
Speaker 5: And Mayor, we've seen since the federal troops arrived, there were those clashes earlier today, and then we saw LAPD essentially trying to build some space between where the protesters were located, where the National Guard troops were located, try to spread them out a bit. Now, obviously they're trying to disperse them. I'm curious if, now that the National Guard troops are there on the ground, if there is any urgency on the police department's part to really put out an even stronger force and a stronger posture to get this under control. So you can, and I know your governor has said that they don't want that. He's formally requested that the National Guard troops go back, that they're not needed. Were those things correlated.
Speaker 6: Well, I absolutely agree with the governor in asking that the troops be withdrawn. I don't think that as a way to bring peace in Los Angeles. I think that our law enforcement officers can handle this situation. But I just have to repeat again, it's a feeling here of intentional chaos in a situation that had not broken out to violence short of a few people. And there's nothing unusual about that, and our police departments can manage that. But it is as though troops were rolled out in a provocative manner, and I do not see how that is helpful to Los Angeles right now. It's not the type of resources that we need in the city. You and the governor both said this is that they're at the.
Speaker 5: Presence of those National Guard troops. Is incendiary, is what we're seeing right now? What you were afraid would happen?
Speaker 6: Well, absolutely, I mean again, it's hard to describe the depth of the fear in the city because of the raids. I mean, you had a home depot day laborer center where people were literally running through the parking lot and it was reported that they had been chased. We had a graduation that was taking a few blocks taking place a few blocks away. I know that there were parents who are conflicted with whether or not they should even go to their own kids graduation because maybe they wouldn't be maybe they would be detained, maybe it would be disrupted. The last time this happened several years ago, in the first administration, you had kids that wouldn't go to school because they were afraid their parents wouldn't be there. You had people that wouldn't go to work, and you just think of the ripple effects. You have people on the west side of town, are away from downtown, who might employ people in their houses that have green cards that are there legally, But now people are even concerned about that. Just because I have a green card, does that mean I'm protected? Will I be picked up to will I be detained? Are my relatives that are detained? Are they even still in the United States? We know they're not in Los Angeles, They're in an adjacent county, But these people don't even know if their family members are still here or whether they were flown back quote unquote home. I would argue that Los Angeles is home, or maybe they were even sent to another country that they have no relationship with, like the people that were sent to Venezuela, and they are not Venezuelan. So this is a sense of chaos and fear, and it's just the last thing that Los Angeles needs right now at this point in time.
Speaker 2: This is not helpful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to ask you an additional logistical question. This is a question we're trying to get to the bottom of, which is these National Guard troops they're federalized at this are you aware of what their rules of engagement are and the LAPD. Is the LAPD actively in coordination with the National Guard at.
Speaker 6: This point, Yes, the LAPD is in coordination and as I understand that their mission is to protect federal property, not to be in the streets where protests might be taking place far from the Federal building. But their mission is to protect the Federal building downtown and the Federal Building in Westwood. But again, it's the intimidation factor. It's the anger that people feel that then gets directed to the guards. And how ironic has it been because the Guards that the National Guard has been in the fire area and everybody has just been applauding and cheering them, and now to have this situation take place, it's just really unfortunate.
Speaker 1: So there she is, she's blaming everybody, except for she said that they were sending people of Venezuela. Venezuela will not accept any deportees. She also said that she correctly that the mission of the National of the Federalized National Guard is to protect the federal buildings in Los Angeles. There's two of them, and that's what they're doing. I mean, maybe I missed something, but I did not see one National guardsman out on the streets. The only place you will see the National Guard is in front of the Federal building. And there was a crowd that had assembled and they were standing shoulder to shoulder to keep the crowd from getting to the Federal building. That's what they're doing. That's what Karen Bass said that their mission was and that appears to be what in fact they're doing. Again she reaches back to get sympathy votes because of the fact that the fires were.
Speaker 2: Five months ago.
Speaker 1: That's another whole disaster that she has been managing, which is the people that had their homes burned down are still waiting for permission to rebuild. She's just incompetent in everything she does. Asked the fire chief who said that she wouldn't fund the fire department. I mean it goes on and on and on her inability to do her job. So she's gonna blame everybody else. But if we're going to talk about blame, where do we start. Where do we start? Do we blame Tom Holman because he is out as the head of ICE arresting people that are here illegally? Is it his fault that they're here illegally? Or could it.
Speaker 2: Be Joe Biden?
Speaker 1: Yes? Anybody? Well no, they will, of course not. They're Democrats, so they won't blame Joe Biden and Alejandro Maiorcis for letting in millions of illegals. Just opened the gates and let them in, and a lot of them went to Los Angeles. But nobody's blaming them for any of this. They're probably hiding under their desks. But that's really the essence of this is where did this whole thing start. Donald Trump has to clean up Aisle eight, nine and ten, and it's not pretty. It won't be pretty. But so far, the public seems to be in support according to polls from the left, from the right, from just about every poll that you can possibly see. And then there's John bellan Hee's former NYPD, former law enforcement guy, and he had this observation about what's going on in.
Speaker 7: La, the city of La and most pointedly the LATD is caught in the middle here, even though it may not look like that on the screen. You know what you had was by bringing in the National Guard. What Tom Holman, the Trump administration and the federal government we're saying was we have to have our immigration people ICE agents out on these raids looking for un documented people.
Speaker 3: Why is that?
Speaker 7: That's because the pressure has been coming from the White House to ICE to increase from eleven hundred a day to sixteen hundred a day to three thousand a day, and without hitting these bigger targets, large factories and garment center locations. They're not going to get those numbers. Well, the LAPD is barred by California law by participating in those things. So the National Guard was sent basically to say, we'll protect the federal people with federal people because we're running out of agents. The problem came yesterday when the National Guard was behind the jail as they were bringing back the people that they had arrested on these ice raids, and the crowd surged on the National Guard and there was a very small number of National Guard and there was a very large, growing crowd. The LAPD moved in with California Highway Patrol basically to separate a crowd that was way too big for that number of National guardsmen and a number of National guardsmen who were armed with fully loaded assault weapons from from an angry crowd. And of course the LAPD, as we have seen overnight and into this morning, has kind of borne the brunt of that as you have immigration demonstrators worked in with anti government demonstrators mixed in with some anarchist groups and anti government groups that lurk in the back of the crowds and egg them on and are probably responsible for more of the violence than the actual demonstrators who were there for protesting immigration. So it's a complicated thing when you have a city of three point five million people, thousands of demonstrators, and a police department that only has eight thousand cops basically and has stopped answering regular calls for service because they have most of their resources in the street dealing with this now.
Speaker 8: And on that No, let's listen to what the police chief said last night about the violence.
Speaker 2: What we saw the first night was bad.
Speaker 1: What we've seen subsequent to that is getting increasingly.
Speaker 2: Worse and more violent.
Speaker 6: We are overwhelmed as far as the number of people out there engaged in this type of activity and the type of things that they're doing.
Speaker 7: Well, I think what they're going to have to do, because the LAPD, based on its size, is going to be overwhelmed, is this is where the governor has to bring in more resources from the California Highway Patrol CHP, which is in effect California's version.
Speaker 3: Of the state police.
Speaker 7: LAPD is going to need help from the sheriff, But the sheriff has their own hands full. But the La County Sheriff of LAPD, CHPD and other jurisdictions are going to really have to set up a unified command to reach the kind of numbers that you're going to need to deal with this. And they're going to have to do a lot of community outreach to the protest groups to kind of figure out who are the people behind the violence and the trouble, who are the core admonistrators concerned with the issue, who want to protest peacefully, and how do they work with with one of those groups and deal with the other.
Speaker 1: So in other news today, we've got besides La, we've got Abrego Cardencia, which is Kilmore Kilmar, Abrego, Guarcia. Guess what, he's back. And I heard another Democrat I can't remember who it is now that was talking about he's home.
Speaker 2: No, he's not home. He was home.
Speaker 1: He's a Salvadoran native, Salvadoran resident. But they're they're calling this is the yeah, the Maryland dad thing.
Speaker 2: But he's back.
Speaker 1: They have him in custody. I believe he's in Tennessee. He was stopped by the Tennessee Highway Patrol months and months ago. And in that car when they stopped him, there were nine passengers in an automobile. None of them had I d none of them had luggage, and that's why they're putting that together two plus two, and they're finding out that he was basically transporting illegals to other places in the country for money. So he faces trafficking charges on that carrier. Bond talked about this a little bit this morning.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I have the same question about how did this massive smuggling operation go on for nine years and no one ever picked up on it? What doj alleged on Friday indicates that mister Garcia is a major smuggler of children, of guns, of illegal migrants, of women who he apparently abused sometimes. And so look, I would say this bill, this is a massive win for the Trump administration the court of public opinion, because it really makes their case that he's not just the bad guy we were telling you about. He's even worse than we even realize. It makes themocrats look like fools. And secondly, legally speaking, it gets them out of a messy situation because they were going to have to contend with where he should be over that deportation issue, because the Supreme Court had said that the government needed to facilitate his release from custody in order to deal with his deportation, and had he not been quote inappropriately removed, there was no way they were going to avoid that. Now they have the best of both worlds. They've brought him back. They're going to try him on these terrible charges, and then they're going to deal with the deportation aspect. Once they get to that thing. The case it's done with.
Speaker 1: Troopers found fourteen hundred dollars in cash and flagged him on the National Crime Information Center, which returned to gang terrorism alert.
Speaker 2: They called Ice, and Ice never responded. I bear in mind that was twenty twenty two. We had a different president then, so.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to tell you I told you so. Let me reach around my back and bat myself on the back. I said. The way to solve this is to bring him back and put him back in front of a judge, and then send him back to El Salvador. But he's going to have to first of all, face these charges of trafficking, probably spend some time in an American jail, which you'll probably appreciate, and then at the end of that send him back to El Salvador. In other news, US and China are holding talks today. They're in London. Apparently it had gone more than two hours, so things seem to be well, maybe they're getting to some real details. The Vice Premiere of China is there, so he's part of this. And then US and Iran those talks are on hold right now. But the whole idea there is that US is telling Iran they cannot have any any sort of enrichment of uranium, and that's exactly what Iran says, No, that's not so. There at a loggerhead, here's General Jack Keen on what his observation is about the US, Iran and Israel.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, I think you know kind of where we are and set the table here. What are the Iranians really up to? They want to drag these negotiations out as much as they can. They were very successful with the Obama administration. Negotiations began in twenty thirteen. Two years. It took before they had a deal. And by the way, the Obama administration gave up all of their ingoing positions enriching uranium, dismantling a nuclear program, gave that up, ballistic missiles, gave that up, and gave up also state sponsor of terrorism and malign behavior in the region, gave up all of it. What Yayatola and the negotiators are up to here, they're trying to recover their air defense systems that the Israelis took down in their last attack rather significantly in October, and they have recovered some of it. The longer they dragged these negotiations out, the better it will be for them. And I think where the Ayatola is, the guy who runs the regime, where he is in his head is he's not going to let the United States dismantle his nuclear enterprise, and he's willing to accept an attack and thinks he can survive it and then rebuild his nuclear program at some point. I think that's where he is in his head, and he's dragging it out so he can recover his air defense systems.
Speaker 10: Do you think he could survive that?
Speaker 9: We cannot completely destroy the entire nuclear enterprise. We can delay it for a certain period of time, a year or two, but we would have to stay focused on it. And if they attempt to rebuild it and recover it, the Israelis would likely strike it again. That's kind of where we are. That's well known within military channels and certainly within the IDF and Israel's government, and I think it's well known within the Iranian government as well.
Speaker 3: President is committed to this.
Speaker 9: They're not going to have a nuclear weapon, and he's unequivocal about it, and he knows full well well if you give them enrichment at any level, they can weaponize that in a matter of weeks to get to enrichment grade for a nuclear weapon that we've seen already happen.
Speaker 10: And so let's stay on this topic for the remaining time that we have at this point. How much time then, do you think the administration, the Trump administration, should allow for these talks to continue if Iran is just playing for time.
Speaker 9: Well, I turned that over to the President and his negotiators. They're involved in this, they have the tenor of it. They see what's going on with the opposing negotiators from ran who, by the way, who are very experienced, and they got a better feel on when to pull a switch on this and say, Okay, we're done here. We're not making any progress with these guys. I leave that up to them to make that decision. I don't think we can sit on the sidelines and make that judgment.
Speaker 2: And one more comment. This is about Boulder, Colorado.
Speaker 1: They had a big celebration there yesterday, thousands of people showing up for a peaceful rally. Yeah, you can have peaceful rallies, and they were backing Israel. Everybody was very tense, a lot of police basing sure there wasn't another Nutburger that was going to do any harm to the people that were there. So that's it for this Monday, the ninth of June. Thank you for coming by. Hope to see you again tomorrow.