Speaker 1: You are now listening to the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Hello there, and welcome back. What is this place?
Speaker 3: As connected? Disconnected?
Speaker 2: It's connected, disconnected.
Speaker 3: Disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected, disconnected.
Speaker 4: I'm sarrying to feel disconnected.
Speaker 2: You'll break the number that has been disconnected. Hello there, and welcome back to another Thursday. Will is still getting ready? Uh, welcome everyone.
Speaker 4: We have a lot to talk about tonight.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've told Will this yet because I don't want to put him to sleep before we went live. But uh, I believe we have set the record this week for the most amount of announcement posts that we have to cover.
Speaker 4: Isn't that exciting?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I if my mouth was right, I think we're at like one hundred and eighteen. We got so much to talk about tonight. It's been a busy week for physical media, for film, for Will and I. So much going on and hence you still getting ready. How's the week been for you, sir?
Speaker 3: You know it's been It's been rough. Man, it's been rough, but like others have it worse.
Speaker 4: I get the hashtag blessed type of rough.
Speaker 3: I'm just stressed. You know, I'm a broken man. I make everything bad that happens worse and I can't hold on to what's good. You know.
Speaker 4: I don't know what that means, but all.
Speaker 3: Right, working on a country song, I guess.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, hopefully they don't get the dog.
Speaker 3: Oh you're probably gonna hear in the background my lovely family rescued some kittens that.
Speaker 2: Of course, I just heard it right as you said that. It sounded like a door creaking.
Speaker 3: And me leaving. The thing is, the thing is, I love cats so much, and I'm trying not to look at them. If I do, I'll fall in love and get.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: You know, I just have a big heart, like like any real pimp, you know what I mean. I see something, I see a helpless creature, and I just want to protect them. Yeah, that's all I'm trying to do, baby, protect you. So, speaking of protection, you know, I was going to get I was going to get political right here at the at the top. But I've decided there's no point in politics anymore. We live in a society where grown men go to w NBA games and throw dildos at the players. That's what's happening in our country right now. That's what's happened in our country right now, is that grown men have decided, you know what I'm going to do today, I'm gonna buy a ticket to a WNBA game close enough for my throwing arm to get a dildo onto the court. That's the statement that these guys may So.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's crazier the fact that that's happening, or that it's such a small deal that I have not even heard about that happening until just this moment.
Speaker 3: Oh google it, man, they're throwing dildos at them like there's no tomorrow.
Speaker 2: The funny thing is based on a couple of the last visual essays that we've been working on. That would be one of the cleanest things of my search history. If I started googling that right.
Speaker 3: Now, everybody's going to think we're working for you've seen.
Speaker 5: Oh I wish hiris. How we all are we all doing this week? Hope everything's good? How you been working for the man a little too much?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Actually, she's a woman, and South Park really lampooned her this week, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: She don't call the shots.
Speaker 4: Let's cover a couple of the.
Speaker 2: Jots, the shots speaking of loving animals, a couple of the things of the comments, Josephine saying that she just watched Universal Soldier over Edge, a little movie called Tamla twenty ten. If Chris file petticab Driver at two Girls on the Street.
Speaker 3: Nice, obviously, I've seen Tamila twenty twenty ten. Great extras on that one Universal Soldier run.
Speaker 4: The series, Yeah, all of them.
Speaker 3: It's great. What else is there? Sergeant what, Sergeant Rutledge? Oh, hell yeah, hell yeah, Eddie cab Driver, let's talk about Sergeant Rutledge. That's a favorite of mine.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a Will movie. Yes, have you seen it?
Speaker 4: I have not.
Speaker 3: What do you say? Strode Man? I got actually an essay on WOODI Strode coming out in a book. I think it's coming out in December. It's called Comebacks, The Return of the Aging Star. It's a really cool collection of essays as an academic collection of essays about well exactly what it sounds like looking at the final film appearances of aging film stars. So in my essay on Whati Strode, I talk about both cuts of The Cotton Club, The Quick and the Dead and Posse and I'm a big fan of Strode. I mean I could, I could go on for forty five minutes before we start these hundred and eighteen announcement talking about what.
Speaker 4: We always do.
Speaker 3: It's fine, but Sergeant w Relige his first big starring role for John Ford, and it's a really really interesting movie. At first glance, you'll see like the White Savior narrative, but watch it a couple times. There's a lot of really really cool stuff in there.
Speaker 2: A couple of things to shout out before we really start going into this. A couple important people's week Silent Mandible in the chat. It's his birthday week. Happy birthday, Tyler. Jim Harwood, it's his birthday week, turning the big sixty this week.
Speaker 4: Congrats.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I don't think Jim has been back in the Discord in the last few days, but if you go back in there, you have been tagged to tell you happy birthday, oh about forty eight times, and you even got a custom video for one of the other Discord members in there.
Speaker 4: Go check it out. What have you been watching this last month?
Speaker 2: Will?
Speaker 4: I have a feeling it's been a weird month for you.
Speaker 3: Most of it I can't talk about, but I'm really excited. Well, I'll tell you. One of the reasons I was late or just on time, I should say that is because I just came from the movie theater. I actually went to the movie theater towice this week. No way, that pretty much equals my theater going of the entirety of twenty twenty four twice this week. Just came back from attending with John Daily and some AMC past group chat that he's a part of. I don't. I don't know though, but we saw weapons.
Speaker 2: You already saw weapons.
Speaker 3: Nice saw weapons. This is like the first week it's out too. That is kind of a record, literally is tonight. Yeah, so and see weapons? And uh, I.
Speaker 2: Enjoy did did you? I don't.
Speaker 3: Did you see Barbarian? I like it more than Barbarian I didn't. I didn't. I didn't super like Barbaria. I'll say this, the man loves doorways and corridors. We're big into the door and you know, there's different kinds of direct acting doorways and corridors. You can be a John Ford door or you can be a Dary Argento door. This guy's more along that line. Yeah, I enjoyed it it. It combined elements of Long Legs, Day of the Dead, and Raising Arizona.
Speaker 2: I'm so in direct great direct.
Speaker 3: Visual quotes from all three of those yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, silent manual saying I heard it's a Reaganite film?
Speaker 4: Is that true?
Speaker 2: Will?
Speaker 3: Is that like a Is that like a kind of luggage? Fine to find what you mean by Reaganite?
Speaker 2: Oh? That was That was a really good line. That was funny. I guess I should have put up the spoiler background for a Sibnar but uh, hey, you can come back now, sib I'm not spoiling anything.
Speaker 3: I just visually quotes all three of those movies.
Speaker 2: What about how Home?
Speaker 4: Over last month? Anything that you can talk about.
Speaker 3: I also got this World's Greatest Friend?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 4: From John?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh? John.
Speaker 3: The other thing that I saw in the theater this week was Sunset Boulevard, which of course I'd never seen in a theater before. And I walked in and it was just one old.
Speaker 4: Man sat An opening night himself.
Speaker 3: I said, well, at least two of us know what a good movie is, and he goes, uh huh, And I got the feeling he didn't get to talk much to people anymore. These days. So the whole time I'm watching the movie, I'm also thinking of like that John Prime song Hello in there, you know. And we got to the end and he's getting up and you know, that was terrific, wasn't it terrific? And he's and he's like, oh, they don't make him like that anymore. It's true what they say. And I thought about asking him about himself, but I just walked out. He opened the damn and it just gushes out, you know what I mean. Yeah, So, but since that boulevard, I hadn't seen it in probably a decade. And God, you forget movies can be that good. Eric von Stroheim and Clorius Swanson are just so great. Holding is great at Billy Wilder's direction. It's the it's it's the tits. Also watched Slasher Size. This isn't really a movie, the dichotomy of will dotsy this is you know, this is good I actually need This is a real workout video, like a real workout video, but there's some but in the cool downs there's a bit of narrative starring Joe Bob Briggs, Darcy the Male Girl, Kelly Maroney, Tiffany Sheppis, think I'm forgetting Somebodey. But anyway, Slasher Size was interesting, entertaining volume one, so there's a thread of a sequel, so I checked that ouse.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that was so perfect.
Speaker 3: What else did I watch? Oh? Okay, yeah, this is I've had a weird month. So let me let me let me be clear here. I cannot say most of what I watched this month because we had a really busy month, but what I watched on the side, So first of all, I'm not ashamed. Okay, I did it. I knew what it was going to be and it was that and worse. Happy Gilmore too. I did it. And if you're thinking about it, if you're on the fence, don't do it. Adam Sandler looks at you while he's pissing on the ashes of the movie you thought was funny twenty thirty years ago. But here's the thing. I saw another Happy Madison movie starring probably my least favorite member of that community, at least two least favorite two members of that community, David Spade and Nick Swardson, the Wrong Missy. I watched it all. I watched the whole thing. And you want to know something, it wasn't as bad as you would think. I'm not recommending it. I'm not going to pick up the physical if there ever is one. But like, I watched the whole thing and I was like, well, hell, I had three acts and the credits, the story, the story progressed in a way that made sense, and even the ludicrous parts kind of fit. So somebody, somebody, oh, yeah, Rob, I forgot Rob Schneider's my three least I put Swartz in at the top of those three just for Grandma Grandma's Boy. That one was actually pretty good. But yeah, I saw the wrong Missy, which is in case you're wondering, David Spade pulls and he goes on a blind date with like the worst woman ever, and then he randomly meets a beautiful woman with the same name as her, and they like fall for each other, but then he accidentally texts the wrong one to take on a weekend long destination corporate retreat. That's the That's actually a pretty good prentice for romantic colmon. I think it's not bad, right, the wrong person accidentally in the wrong place, and you've got to pretend like that's that's a solid premise. That's so that's as far as I'll go with the wrong missing What else did I watch? I watched the entirety of the Wheel of Time just because one actor that I like is in one episode, and that was hard.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what the Wheel of Time is. You told me about this, Yeah, it's never what it was.
Speaker 3: It's like a fifteen book fantasy series. In the vein of Lord of the Rings was like big lots Lord of the Rings, you know what I mean. Which, Hey, I'm fine with hawk this layer all day. Yeah, but yeah, it's not great and wor worse of all, it ends on a cliffhanger and Amazon canceled it. So now I'm like, well, what happens? I watched another TV show, land Man with Billy Bob Thornton and Ali Larder. It was all right, yeah, see Coltony gets it. Yes, yeah, I'm not, and I'm not. Let me be clear when I say it's the it's like a big light's Lord of the Rings. That's just descriptive. I enjoyed the premise, and much of the runtime of the series was kind of intriguing. So I'm not saying I hated Wheel of Time. I'm just saying that was a lot of hours for me to spend to get to one episode with an actor I liked. Yeah, So that's all I'll say about that. What you've been looking at fellah.
Speaker 2: Last weekend in the theater checked out. I'm gonna quickly cover the two that most people probably watched if you went to the theater this week, The Naked gunn the new one.
Speaker 4: I thought it was quite good.
Speaker 2: There's a couple jokes that land very well and I will remember for a long long time with my buddy KB and we had a grand old time watching this one. It was good. It was very well made. I think the cast was terrific. I really don't have too many complaints.
Speaker 4: It was very funny. I liked it a lot.
Speaker 2: The other one together, this is the Dave Franco Alison Brie Body Horror codependency film. I walked away feeling like I liked it a lot, and thinking about it since then, I think my immediate high for the film has gone down a little bit. But overall acted very well. They're incredibly I mean, obviously they're marriage, so the chemistry is perfect. The Body Horror was pretty good. I think that they kind of kind of held back a little bit in one or two scenes maybe, but for the most part it delivered pretty good. There's even one scene that reminded me of some stuff from last year's Substance that are everybody was amazed that they went as far as they did. But the one that I really want to talk about is the one that I feel like hardly anybody got to see in the theater. I think it's already gone for the most part, and that is the brand new film starring Taran Edgerton, She Rides Shotgun. This is a movie that just came out and not even I don't think it was quite a limited release, but it barely got like a qualifying wide release. This is a movie directed by Nick Roland that is about a father who just got out of prison, ends up with his daughter and they are running and they are in danger because of some people that he was associated with before. And it literally is like a father protecting his daughter while on the run, and it turns into this big crime sort of conspiracy thing, and it's acted so freakin' well. Very impressed with that. The writing was very good. A couple of technical things in the end that I didn't love. If they would of researched a little bit better. Probably would not have been filmed the way that they did, but it was. It was really good. And I think it's one of the indies that's going to be completely underseen. And uh, I think this is one of the people are even come back to in a couple of years and go, damn, had I miss that? Because it is very very good, very good. Uh. And that's the ones that I can talk about from this week. Uh, did you remember anything else that you wanted to bring up with?
Speaker 3: It's been busy, you know, I just yeah, you know, yeah, yeah, you know. I read that around the world, higher percentages of people are reporting feelings of optimism and feeling like they're thriving, but several countries have precipitously dropped in feelings of thriving, you know, Uned States, Canada, New Zealand. Stan, I never not noticed you. I love you. I love you, Stan. I can't wait to talk to you as soon as possible about some stuff. I'll leave it cryptic. And so, you know, the hope is that things are going to level out, you know what I mean? Yeah, that like, okay, maybe our time of throving has gone, but can we get to some stability. I'm about to start a new position at the university just as a straight up lecturer, the lowliest of the professor class, but far less administrative, intense duties. So I'm pretty pleased about that. A lot to be happy about. What were you even asking more stuff that we watched?
Speaker 2: I don't know, do you remember something, because it sounded like you might have more.
Speaker 3: I watched the first episode of South Park. I think I've seen since maybe season seven or eight, and I never I've never, like had anything bad to say about South Park. I think South Park is great and fine, but but you know, ah, right, like give them, give them credit. They're like, go ahead and see us. You know what I mean, Yeah, we're actual billionaires. Yeah, And so I appreciate that, Uh that at least one entertainer. I wouldn't call the South Park guys Hollywood types. I think they would not appreciate that. But at least one group of entertainers are not afraid to be political. So Colton asks where this research is coming from. This was reported in the today's edition of the New York Times. So it's fake, probably, but.
Speaker 4: Well it's bought and paid for.
Speaker 3: Probably, No dude, Kazakhstan is like nipping on her heels in terms of optimism. Let's see, I'm looking through the comments. Bill asks if anybody's seen weapons yet.
Speaker 4: I'm like, we'll just got here and will already saw it.
Speaker 3: I saw it.
Speaker 4: He said it's very good.
Speaker 3: I did not say that.
Speaker 2: That's not true.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed much of it the whole time. I was planning on saying to John afterwards, like if I could have edited thirty minutes out of that movie, that would have been a gym. But the end almost earns the the flab, So I'll get it. I get it. What you do, you got some pickups? Or just how you feeling about? Well, I know how you're feeling. Yeah, talking about.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking about the flab, maybe maybe I should bring up the fact that I'm I feel really weird wearing a hoodie in August. Uh, but I am freezing my ass off because I lost some weight, and so I'm like shivering here in my movie room in August, which is weird.
Speaker 3: So congratulations.
Speaker 2: Uh. I don't normally wear wear jackets on here, and this thing is like super big on me now.
Speaker 3: But well, I'm I'm shivering because my goddamn family keeps the thermostat at sixty and I turn it up and it doesn't matter. There's so many hands coming through to turn it back down that every every time I touch the thermostat, it's like that scene the dream sequence in Day of the Dead then has just come out of the wall and turn it back down.
Speaker 2: That's really funny. Yeah, pickups, did you did you have anything you wanted to share? Will?
Speaker 3: Yes? You go first? You do the pickups for sure.
Speaker 2: A couple here, Radiance just released their latest that I felt like I had to get. I mean, the word essential is in it essential Polish animation. This seemed like a win for me. I love animation. I literally just did a podcast episode on animation like an hour and a half ago. Literally just got this in. So I need to need to give this a watch soon. Love Shorts Love Animation one that we're gonna talk about tonight for a replacement disc A twenty four's Friendship really enjoyed this one funny movie, one that I am very eager to revisit. In four K, Joe Dante's Small Soldiers four K steal book just came out. And then next is from Cult Epics one that I did a little bit of work on his motorbike her Island, Nobuhiko ob Yashi's this is the first of the four releases that I'm assisting Colt Epics with, and really great art by Sam Smith, friend of the Channel, and then the last thing. I normally don't have it this quickly, but considering he's in the chat, I'm gonna highlight this guy who's in it. Connor Holtz wrote twice for this issue of the Physical Media Advocates. Aaron West, who's in the Chat, is also interviewed in here. Stan who's in the Chat, is a big part of this one incredible issue, if I can say so myself. We got two pieces about mister Burt Reynolds, which is why he is the big cover story on this one. We'll talk about this one tonight as we get to it in the announcements, but I'm gonna I'm gonna show a couple things off that are in the pages in here as we go through.
Speaker 4: But that's my big stuff.
Speaker 3: What about you, Well, I don't know if you heard, but there was a Criterion sale. What so the Sorcerer there, William Freakin with Nail and I the Friend of the Channel, Sean Baker there, Prince of Broadway.
Speaker 4: Nice good movie, Lack a drug Store.
Speaker 3: Cow Boy at that one as well, and I got a couple of their janis. I got the Beast and Totem and then the other thing I'll bring. I don't want to criticize, because I know doing this stuff is hard. But many many, many moons ago, I backed a you know, I'm a sucker for silent films, and I backed the kickstarter for it's kind of like it's really more of a documentary about a fishing vessel going around Alaska. And you know, I love snow, and so I backed alushin Advence. Sure, And the thing about it, it looks, it looks terrific. I'm happy that I backed it. You know, I just kind of luxuriating the images. You're looking at these men and dogs long dead, you know, but thriving at the time. But this took a little over a year from pledge to fulfillment. And they misspelled the name of the name of the guy or the name of the ship in the first line, P E. Harris, which is H A R R I S. On the backjacket it's spelled with an E and it was the first thing I noticed when I took it out of the rapping. I'm like, yeah, had a year and every time you send an email, the titles in there and here you go miss spelling and on the back. I know that none of the boutiques we work with would ever be that sloppy. But sometimes sometimes the cute see is a little too much. Yeah, yes, but anyway it looks terrific. God. I wish David Dakoto had a film released by the Criterion Janis line, he'd be more likely to have Altered Innocence's anus line.
Speaker 2: Though, Yep, I think it's true. We get to talk about Altered Innocence tonight tonight.
Speaker 3: And people are Stan and Julius saw Kyoshi kurosaw was Cloud. I want to see that so bad. It's only playing in one theater in North Carolina, and I won't name the theater theater because I hate it. It's an art house theater that and I've been there three times. I went to see Phantasm Restore, I went to see Nick Caves one more time with feeling what was the other thing? I went to see oh something other? But their screen is like barely bigger than like one hundred dollars TV you can get a Walmart. I'm exaggerating only slightly. Like if I'm going to drive, well, I mean I'd drive more than an hour to get to this theater and then show up and you're gonna have a screen like somebody's living room. Like all I have to do is make friends with somebody with an actual job, and I can see a screen bigger than that at their house that they own with their own money. You know.
Speaker 2: Speaking of naming, Speaking of naming a theater in North Carolina, you got any thing you want to talk about?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I do. Hey, everyone at a different theater, not the one I was just talking about, at the Carry Theater. If you're in North Carolina. Next Wednesday, August the thirteenth, at seven pm, the Carry Theater will be screening at Jess Franco's Count Dracula, introduced by me. This is the first of two Franco Mania screenings sponsored by several films. I'm very happy that the Carry Theater allowed us to do Count Dracula. That's on the thirteenth, and then on the eighteenth, the Alamo and Raleigh is showing Bloody Moon. So you can see two Just Franco movies in the theaters this month. These are the first two Franco Mania screenings in North Carolina. Mine's first.
Speaker 2: If I may be able to gush for a moment, I think it is remarkable that just literally two years ago now, we were dreaming about some of these things, and you were talking about Franco releases on this very show a handful of times a year, talking about how amazing Jess Franco is. And now in twenty twenty five, you are introducing Jess Franco films at a local art house theater that you respect, and doing that on behalf of seven films, Like, isn't that fucking amazing? I am?
Speaker 3: I am. I am besmirching their dignity by being a part of them, but I yeah, the care theater is amazing, really happy to be involved with that. And and we've got what two Jess Franco films have been announced so far this year, hopefully a third well.
Speaker 2: There was three and we'll talk about that now because it was Doriana Gray was the third one. Oh yeah, talk about this. There is something very fucking weird going on with Delarium Home Video. Oh is there seventeen year olds President.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 4: So randomly.
Speaker 2: It appears that the Delirium Home Video releases that have been announced have all been at this point quietly canceled. So far, the first two have shipped out, and I have the first two in my hand. But Delirium Home Video is not releasing Doriana Gray, as they already announced, something else is going to be happening. Jesse from Diabolic and Orbit have both confirmed that they are holding the titles that they have and that the releases have officially been canceled. So we don't know what exactly is going on, but what Jesse is saying about it online is that they are canceling the releases and they are soliciting a different way to sell these in the near few. I don't know what that means, even from like a legal standpoint.
Speaker 3: I don't understand anything you've said in the last two minutes.
Speaker 2: Right, I did not mean to take you off guard. I thought you may have heard about that. But yeah, Delirium Home Video, it appears, is not going to be a thing in this way at least. What what what started weird is because a lot of people started getting these releases without their slipcovers and so people are going to complain, because that's all that by physical media nowadays is slipcover worshipers.
Speaker 3: And I just I want you to stop talking about it. It hurts what you're saying. I'm confused. I there was an announcement and now it's gone, it is, and full Moon's not released, and stuff through Delirium anymore?
Speaker 4: Correct at this point?
Speaker 2: At this point?
Speaker 3: And where are you getting this? Because as you said, you said, just what did Vineger syndrome?
Speaker 2: Now a whole lot of stuff, but are you in a bad boot? I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Well, and then somebody called me the Luke Geig of YouTube, and I'm like, shit.
Speaker 4: Are we gonna name a disease after you?
Speaker 3: I'm dying over here, Chris.
Speaker 2: Well, some people are asking, so Delirium is done before it started technically no, I have two of their releases here, so kind of so we don't know for sure if they're done.
Speaker 3: You're just talking a bunch of lies.
Speaker 2: You say, Well, we don't know yet. If they're done, they might just be doing something differently. And what it feels like to me, if I can speculate, it feels like they didn't sell the way that they wanted to. And so they're gonna switch some stuff off. We're not. We're not sure yet. We got to wait until they say something publicly. Delirium has literally said nothing about it yet, which really sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, you know, when I hear a rumor, I like to go to the person themself and say, hey, Delirium, word on the street, would you care? You know? But I'm not gonna believe until I hear it from Well.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry that I don't have a Warner Brothers insight or calling me on a cell phone that I hold up to microphones and people think that that's the truth because another YouTuber said it this week.
Speaker 3: The hell are you talking about?
Speaker 2: A bunch of people of the chat are gonna laugh at that because it is the drama of the week that it didn't need to be happening anyways.
Speaker 3: Salmonella says Luke greg was the iron horse. I'm more like the iron lung.
Speaker 2: Oh man. I saw that joke coming from like four years away.
Speaker 3: Liked it speaking four years away. I hope we get some more just Franco announcements this year.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 3: I just don't want to. So are you talking about anything Breakfast related? Is that what's happening. No, that's a different brudal. No, I'm so confused. It's a different phone.
Speaker 2: Oh uh. So there's another YouTuber who was trying to answer questions about the Nightmare on Elm Street Steel book collection before it was officially announced by Warner Brothers, and he essentially came out and said a Warner Brothers insider is on the phone and that we're just supposed to take him at his word, and he held it up to the microphone, and everybody is defending him like it's real journalism online. And I don't understand how we're stooping to that level that people think that that's just because somebody says that it has to be real.
Speaker 3: All right, you got me? Uh okay, it was me. I was the insider.
Speaker 4: I mean, it doesn't make sense instead of WB or WD.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, here, close your eyes and see if you can recognize the voice. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, do you want to talk about one hundred and twenty different announcements? Yuh yeah, let's do it. Then let's talk about Larry Fessenden to start off with.
Speaker 3: We got the one with the with the new guy too.
Speaker 2: Hey, Dark Sky Films is part of their Dark Sky Selects Line are re releasing the film We are Still Here from Larry Fessenden for its tenth year tenth anniversary here.
Speaker 3: Uh, we're gonna be saying that in about five hours. Yeah, we're still here. Anybody else?
Speaker 2: This got a new a couple of new featurettes, new commentary with the director Ted Jogan, and this new cover art that nobody liked.
Speaker 4: And I'm very curious about it.
Speaker 3: Uh, yeah, nobody liked it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody complained about this.
Speaker 3: Well, I know I'll tell you what they found. The three men with the highest foreheads I've ever seen to be on this cover. I feel like I'm about to scale the Alps. I'm Hannibal over here, all right, trying to get up, get to the heights.
Speaker 2: Well, let's keep going then, Hey, I've heard of this movie before. Imprint last Thursday during the show announced this four K release of Toby Hooper's Life Force from.
Speaker 4: Nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 2: This is a huge release of this film. It's got a full color matt laminated twenty seven by forty folded print of the original Life Force poster with double sided printing of the alternate title Space Vampires. It's got to reprove the original press kit, reprob the original lobby cards, reprove the Australian day bill, reprint of the script, three D articular hard case with all four discs. And they've got the International cut theatrical cut both on four k uhd and then the International cut and theatrical cut on Blu Ray. No new extras, which is perplexing when they are charging one hundred and thirty dollars for this release.
Speaker 3: I know quite a few people who would like to contribute to that.
Speaker 2: I know quite a few people that would have been really good at contributing to this.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm going to create a new subgenre of metal called lenticular metal. Okay, it's going to be very technical. Okay, We'll have a lot of solid riffing with angular solos.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, here we go next up September twenty second on Blu Ray in the UK from Final Cut Entertainment is up the junction from nineteen sixty eight. I genuinely wanted to know, will have you seen this one?
Speaker 3: I am holding back all of the dirty jokes. No, I've never seen this one, but I like the look of it.
Speaker 2: I genuinely want to know if it's good. We got Susie Kendall, Dennis Waterman in this. I've heard it is pretty good. Going to our next one is the film Hotel Rwanda, getting a September sixteenth Blu Ray Media book and standard in the US here from Cape Light.
Speaker 4: And MPI Home Video.
Speaker 2: There's not gonna be any new extras on this thing, but it will have one of the booklets in the middle because it is going to be one of their media book releases. They don't do many of these in the US, so it's kind of cool to see them doing more of those. I feel like this is an interesting title to go with that, but hey, more people seen it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, more people are concerned about the packaging than the genocide itself. But you know, it's a good introduction.
Speaker 2: All right. Speaking to kickstarters, because you just mentioned one.
Speaker 3: Of Yeah, I'm looking at this one, oh man, I want to support it.
Speaker 2: Redwood Creek Films launching a Kickstarter for nineteen twenty fives.
Speaker 4: Machiste in Hell.
Speaker 2: This one is directed by Guido Brignone and this stands as a unique and ambitious work in the cannon of silent cinema. This is part of a larger Machiste series collection of Italian film centered on the eponymous ep never Mind. I'm just going to skip over that word because I'm exhausted right now strongman character originally introduced in Giovanni Pastroni's nineteen fourteen epic Cabiria. They've got a lot of information on what they're doing for the scan and some of the extras and all that. So when you go to check this out, read the whole page because there's a lot of information there.
Speaker 3: Really looks terrific. I hope to be able to support it.
Speaker 2: I think it's amazing that in twenty twenty five we're getting anything that says one hundredth anniversary limited Edition on it, and that's really freaking cool.
Speaker 3: It's getting that way. Yeah, you know, I've backed almost all of Redwoods Silent films, and I've been happy with I've gotten the blu rays each time, and I've been really happy with the way they've learned nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do pretty good work. I think I've got one or two of them at the very least. Did you ever get the h I don't remember the title anyways, I'm sure you said you've got all of them, so yeah, I'm sure you've got it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna keep going.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, we are already at Vinegar Cindrome wheel. Isn't that weird because they were so early This week we are getting into the VS releases and OCN, so all the partner labels. We got a ton of stuff to cover this week. First up is one that we knew about. We've got Sergeant Kabuki man NYPD here in four K this month. This is a Vinegar Syndrome mainline title, so if you're a subscriber, you are getting this. This is a three disc set, newly scanner restored in four K from the OCN, presented with both the uncensored R Raider Director's cut and then the PG thirteen cut.
Speaker 4: Is on Blu ray only as well.
Speaker 2: This has an archival commentary with Lloyd Kaufman, new commentary with James Branscombe, Nick Vance of the Cinematic Void podcast. A new featurette with Coffin and film programmer Jesse Berberridge, a new interview with the actor Bill Whedon, new interview with the actress Shier McClure wright, a new interview with the special effects coordinator Pierceless Loons, some archival extras from Troma, and then a forty page perfect bound book with new essays by Chris Shields, Austin Trunick, and Jesse Berberrich. One thing I do want to point out they have a twenty four minute The Dick Cavit Show in nineteen eighty nine, an interview with Lloyd Kaufman. I love when we get releases with stuff like that, and we are archiving more media than just the film and some of the new extra thoughts on Kabuki Man will.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I'm glad that this is coming out, and I hope people could. I feel like Kabuki Man never got the I mean, obviously he's not toxic Avenger level, but never got quite the popularity that that is warranted. I think the satire and in this film worked pretty well. This is the first time I'm going to see it outside of a VHS, I think, so I'm pretty excited about that. Well, luxury eate in the cinematic compositions.
Speaker 2: Uh, Jack is asking if or let's see, we had a couple of people asking about the Refuse films release over in the UK, and Jack is saying isn't the Refuse release standard blue? And it is standard blue. However, the Refuse release has all all kinds of extras on it that the VS release does not have. So this is kind of similar to what they did last year. So you may want to check out both if you really love this movie. But this is one of those movies that I definitely recommend checking out before you blind by two releases of this film, because you you probably don't do two releases of this movie.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let's keep going as if you had not talked about go ahead.
Speaker 3: If you got the money in the space, get all the additions.
Speaker 2: Yes, if you have not talked about Larry feston and Enough tonight, which who has?
Speaker 4: Because I adore Larry Fessen's and stuff.
Speaker 2: The VC Mainline is getting a four K double feature release of Habit and No Telling Will. You were not on my episode with Zach Bryant when we covered all of the Larry Fessenden films. What are your thoughts on some of these early Festonen movies?
Speaker 3: Oh? Has Habits really good? I'm a big fan of When to Go, which I guess is going to be probably volume two or three. Yeah, Yeah, that's great. I mean, I'm all for Fastened and Love Me Too True Independent.
Speaker 2: Just as I speculated last month during the VS Subscriber Week, the two films that we got revealed are two from this Screen Factory box set that have been upgraded to four K. The other two in this box set are When to Go in the last Winter. So just the logic in me is guessing that those are going to be the next two because they said that they've got a double feature coming next month on.
Speaker 4: Four K as well.
Speaker 2: This set has a forty page perfect bound book with the essays by Mallory Andrews, Justine Smith, and Isaac Feldberg. This is a two disc four K set and a region A Blu Ray, which means both films are on one four K. Both films are on one Blu Ray. This is going to have new commentaries, behind the scenes, footage, archival extras. Sorry each I just said that, and I shouldn't have. Each film gets too disc A four K to Blu ray should have been remembering and I did not. I apologize. But the big thing that I really want to point out here is we are getting short films on here that I did not expect to be getting. There's stuff from like way back in the seventies from festen In and I am very excited to see some of those because I don't believe they were in the screen Factory box or any of the previous releases. So the fact that we're getting all of these is really cool. When we were doing that fested An episode for Reconnected, I tried to track down everything and there were some stuff that you just couldn't see. So this is extremely exciting to me. I love his work. I think Habit is pretty much a masterpiece out of his filmography. I really like No Telling too, but When to Go. When to Go was a really great movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is this is cool. That's very cool. I wanted to address something from the chat just because I was curious. You probably know Ryan Rafa Falandro's asking if any of us know about a company called screen Bound. You know them? I'm not familiar.
Speaker 2: I do screen Bound. They've got they're a very like mainstream type of label. I would put them akin to shout Factory in terms of like the their their most basic releases from shout Factory about what you would get from screen Bound.
Speaker 3: H okay, cool? Can you know I don't know how you do it.
Speaker 2: All speaking a shooter, This next shooter, this next one. This is from Vinegar Syndrome, shipping at the end of this month on Blu ray As this is a mainline title, so if you're a sub you are getting this one as well. This is Playroom from nineteen ninety starring Happy Gilmore's Christopher MacDonald. This one dirty work, well yes, yes, This one says. When he was a young boy, Chris's entire family was slaughtered during one of his father's archaeology digs at a remote monastery nestled deep in the mountains of Yugoslavia. His father's assistant was arrested for the murders and consigned to a psychiatric hospital. Still plagued by nightmares about the incident as a man, Chris resolves to tackle his demon's head first by returning to the monastery, where he hopes to complete his father's quest of nnerting the tomb of Iliak or Leak, a torture obsessed child prince who legend has it made a pact with an ancient Slavic demon for eternal life. But no sooner has the excavation gotten underway that Chris starts behaving erradically, becoming obsessed with locating the tomb and teetering ever closer to the brink of bloody madness.
Speaker 3: Well, hell, that's basically the plot of Happy Gilmore too. It's actually kind of close somehow. You tweak a couple of the names there and take out the demonic part, but it's basically the same thing. Yes, yeah, you know, I'd never seen this before. I'd seen the cover art, so happy to pick this up in the subscription.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michael's saying, subs, get it, but what about Dom's no.
Speaker 4: You have to go earn that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bring it home.
Speaker 2: Next up is coming as part of the VSA line, and that is Robo Warriors from nineteen ninety six. I don't know why, but this screams like a Will movie. Is this a Will movie?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, we all love James Remar, But isn't it supposed to be in the same universe as Stuart Gordon's Robot Jocks? Is that? Am I reading that correctly?
Speaker 4: Something like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, I think I don't know. I'm not seeing it in.
Speaker 3: Here now, so yeah, check it out.
Speaker 2: This one scanned and restored in two K from the thirty five millimeter interpositive commentary cinematographer John Stokes, moderated by Walt Chaw. We got a new making of doc featuring interviews with the director Ian Barry, producer Lucas George, visual effects supervisor Sam Nicholson in the cinematographer John Stokes. A double sided poster as usual and comes in the limited VSA packaging. Yeah, James remark, check it out. This one we've got from the VSL line Castle of Evil from nineteen sixty six, shipping on Blu Ray this month.
Speaker 3: I they keep making new Dexter shows, and I would love to see Dexter in one of those robo warrior.
Speaker 4: Dexter goes to Space.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get kind of meta like where you know which one's the dark passenger. And then James remark and be like, you can do it.
Speaker 2: After Dexter goes to Space, can we do Dexter in the hood?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, these days probably i'd probably they'd be produced by Dean Caine Mel Gibson.
Speaker 2: Then we only got a couple of years left of that, so let's let's jump on that one. Uh So, this VSL release is a Castle of Evil on Blu Ray. A delightful blend of Agatha Christie style, nail Bider, Mad Professor, thrills, and plentiful other mid nineteen sixties B movie tropes. It's an entrancing, early color instance of genre film. Directed by Francis D. Lyon, who did Cults of the Cobra and The Girl Who Knew Too Much. We got Scott Brady in this one, and it's scanned and restored in four K from the OCN. We got a commentary with Jonathan Rigby and Kevin Lyons. We had a commentary with Bill Bria and Ashley Coffin from Bill and Ashley's Tearror Theater podcast. Who just did a really charming episode of screen Drafts. Everybody should check that out. They did a standalone sci fi Films, a good episode. We've got an extron here an interview with the Professor Paul V. M. Flesher at the American Heritage Center. I love these type of releases through VSL. I hope that they continue to shed light on stuff like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, you remember when I first started coming on this show and like had smart things to say.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now I just come in.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's because I took all your smarts throughout the week.
Speaker 3: I'm getting dumber every every month.
Speaker 2: Well, let's get everybody excited about this four K released from Cinematograph this month of Mixed Blood from nineteen eighty four. This is a characteristically grimy descent into urban malaise that is often punctuated by moments of gallows humor. This one is Paul Morrissey's debut on four K and Blu Ray for this title, and this is going to be a two disc set. You get a four K and a Blu Ray disc. New commentary with Howard Asberger and Steve Mitchell, new interview with the casting director Leonard Finger, a new interview with the editor Scott Vickory, new interview with the producer Stephen Feierberg. New visual essay by Chris O'Neil on this one. Some archival extras and then new text essays by Madeline Sutton film His Story and Erica Schultz from the Unsung Whores podcast and Someone's Favorite Productions Love Erica an American experimental film expert Paul Atard, alongside archival images from the Paul Morrissey film Trust Mixed Blood, My Friend Anything on this one.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad at least one more Essay likes mixed Blood William Jeffrey Dodson. That was that was really good. You know, Jeffrey is not my middle name, right.
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I know, it just works. I will continue to say that forever.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, this is pretty exciting. I also want to say to Rannie in the chat, my god, I missed the old c W two. Yeah, you know, this is the one I haven't seen before, jod You know, I really I like most of the Cinematograph output so far. The extra cost for the packaging is starting to pine though.
Speaker 2: Well. Speaking of that, Tyler wants to know I'm behind on Cinematograph. Isn't each release a limited run? Yes, they are limited, but, much to the chagrin of Justin Little Liberty, most of them have not sold out yet, so you can probably be pulled off on some of them. I mean, I don't know about necessarily waiting until the sale, but you can at least wait a little bit and see how long they're going to be able to last. I would love to see some of these do better, and if we keep getting titles like this, like I guarantee this one is probably selling better than at least half of the cinematographs have so far.
Speaker 3: So well, you know, as far as I'm concerned, I want for the good of all these labels. I want everything to sell out except for the titles that I want until I get my copy.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we all pretty much feel that way. So I hope sales are robust, but I do hope I get a copy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this looks like a fun release and definitely want that. I will be checking out.
Speaker 3: I like the controversy that's been stirred over the the Morisse each. It's funny.
Speaker 2: It was really good. It was really good.
Speaker 3: I'd stuff. I would have canceled myself for last month.
Speaker 2: But our next cinematograph release, because we get two this month, is The Woman.
Speaker 3: You can't even do that anymore, man.
Speaker 2: This one is a Blu ray released, and just so everybody knows, that there was a.
Speaker 4: Bundle with the book for this one for The Woman Chaser.
Speaker 2: The book is available on Amazon, so don't feel like you missed out on anything. If you want the book, you can still go check that out. This is starring Patrick Warburton and is a really interesting story about how it was filmed. It's got striking thirty five millimeters photography. It was shot in color but then lit and grated for black and white, and that was done by six time Eminy nominee Kramer Morgenthau, who is working on Game.
Speaker 4: Of Thrones Creed two and three.
Speaker 2: This was often overlooked entry into the tail end of the American indie boom. It was never before release on disc and not seen uncut since it's New York Film Festival premiere in nineteen ninety nine. This is a pretty damn cool release from them. Really excited about this one thing. Before I go into the extras. Vinegar Syndrome put up a video with the one and only mister Oscar Bescher talking about film and being shot in black and white, what it looks like and what they had to do for this film. And it's really interesting video. It's only about seven minutes. Strongly recommend it. If you go to the product page for The Woman Chaser. It's linked there at the bottom, So go put that in your watch later playlist so you can check it out because it's worth the watch for sure, you'll learn something. This is coming with a full length alternate version of the film that is presented in color as it was shot. There's a new commentary with the writer director Robinson DeVore, moderated by Justin lit Liberty himself. There is a new commentary with film noir historians Elaine Silver and Christopher Coppola. New interview with the actor Patrick Warburton. They went and got war himself for a brand new interview. That's really cool. New interview with a producer Joe mcspadden. And then new text essays by Glenn Kenny, writer and producer or Sorry, writer and podcaster Chris Cavin, and crime author Jesse Sublett. This looks like a really fun release.
Speaker 3: I'm in it just for the new interview with Warburton, no one. I wonder what he's like. Yeah, I've only ever seen has Seinfeld style character scream three, you know that kind of stuff. So Senate Journey's right, So I hope Will isn't chasing a woman my god, never that ship sailed long ago.
Speaker 4: Are you saying those are the only things that you've seen Patrick Warburton.
Speaker 3: In I think So? Was there something else that I don't remember?
Speaker 2: The TV show?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I saw the tick.
Speaker 2: He's a Jo Swanson on Family Guy, He's Emperor's New Groove.
Speaker 3: Now I've ever seen Emperor's New Groove. I'm an adult, you have.
Speaker 2: You were quite young when that came out. You were like, I'm like twelve years old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it came out and I didn't have kids yet.
Speaker 2: So I love that you were just continuing to go with and you heard the number. I said, no, genuinely, will you knowing you you would love the Emperor's New Groove because it.
Speaker 3: Is still know me. You don't know me, nobody knows me. I'm a I'm an enigma wrapped inside of a black plastic bag that is blowing in the wind, recorded by some emo kid trying to impress an underage girl who shouldn't be in that movie.
Speaker 2: I have never heard of or accurate description of a person. All right, we are like seven announcements into this. We're gonna keep going.
Speaker 3: Oh ye.
Speaker 2: Vinegar Syndrome is also putting out on paperback as part of their VS Press line, The Basement Tapes. If you're a subscriber, you get a ten dollars discount off this book. But this is a curated deep dive into the eclectic VHS archive of the Basement, a studio and art collective based in San Francisco's Mission District. This offers a unique look at their collection. Shaped by a fascination with greasy horror films, obscure science fiction, niche special interest nightmares, and exploitation cinema. This serves as both a visual archive and a passionate tribute to these often overlooked pieces of analog media history. This would be really fun to look through. I don't know about buying it for myself, but yeah, check it out if you're into it.
Speaker 3: You know the thing about Enigma, the musical acts and a younger gen X or an elder millennial. The sound of Enigma will be very triggering because that's what you heard every time your parents were having sex.
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't even know what to say to that. New merch was put up this week as well.
Speaker 3: We've got Fugazi.
Speaker 4: It's an easier tempo for you to keep up with.
Speaker 2: VS. Put up this Night's Raine shirt and then a stainless steel pipe cup. That is the Vinegar Syndrome merch for the month. And if that's not pretty jarring when you look at this, I'm kind of shocked because Cinematograph for merch this month put up this camera is an eye shirt that has an Orson Welles quote on the back. They put up this, uh cinematograph shirt with this giant picture on the back. What They also put up these socks, this bottle, this koozy, and this Cinematograph time sticker and then this welcome to Cinematograph sticker. That is so much merch for cinematic graph in one.
Speaker 3: It's all over the place with the branding.
Speaker 2: Interesting, it's so much I yes, some of.
Speaker 3: These images are disturbing.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Uh yeah, there's a lot there.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Eric says, is the Orson Worlds quote something about frozen P's It says a film is never really good unless the camera is in the eye. Is an eye in the head of a poet? All right, moving right along, Uh, Cinematograph. Also, if that's not enough, is starting a paperback line that they are calling the cinemat This is Cinematograph, a journal of American Cinema. This is the summer twenty twenty five journal. This is the inaugural issue and it is a new journal dedicated to American cinema.
Speaker 4: It's edited by Justina Liberty.
Speaker 2: This premier edition features Mitchell Bopre from Letterboxed exploring the cinematic legacy of Rebellious Youth, and film acclaimed critic Bill Gabierri sits down with the director in cinematographer Ernest Dickerson for an in depth interview, while Robert Daniels revisits Girl six, shining a spotline on what he calls Spike Lee's overlooked Masterpiece. Also featured a curated New Hollywood film list from Jessla Liberty and Richard Brody, as complemented by new artwork by Johnny Ryan and comic On McCabe and Missus Miller from Nathan Gilgood.
Speaker 4: There is a lot there.
Speaker 3: What a great idea to launch a physical magazine devoted to essays exploring the depths of American cinema. I think that's really exciting. No, actually, I am super happy because you know, back in the day when I was first getting into film, you know, I could subscribe to like ten different magazines and journals, and now you know, there's still most of them are still in existence, but you can only get them like in e versions and you have to go through a library, and some cumbersome download process. And I love the fact that I can still subscribe to you know, Sini Asked and and magazines like that and the was that whatever, that's what is that called the.
Speaker 2: You're such a great promoters.
Speaker 3: The advocate, the physical media advocate. And now we get we get this Journal of American cinem I think that's great. I I hope that does well.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it will.
Speaker 3: I hope places sell, you know, both magazines in retail. I think that would be really cool. All right, KB is correct. You know there's still and there's so much, you know, so many great Girl six for starters, but there's still so many great Spike Lee movies that haven't been especially documentaries. Yeah, I have not been released properly. I hope it happens in my lifetime.
Speaker 2: Stan the this is cinematograph you can order from Vinegar Syndrome dot com on the homepage right this moment. And next up is all the partner label releases. We got a lot to go through tonight, tons of releases. First up is the first of two releases from Connie this month, and that is Bona. This is from nineteen eighty coming on four K from Connie This also had a bundle with a book available. The bundle sold out again very very quickly, just like the.
Speaker 4: Woman Chaser that we were just talking about.
Speaker 2: But this one is also available on Amazon, so you go check that out if you're after the book.
Speaker 4: Don't feel like.
Speaker 2: You missed out on anything necessarily.
Speaker 4: This is a.
Speaker 2: Uh Lino Braca. It's the same guy that did Canaan Able that Connie previously released and released it that was not a word released. This is supposed to be great.
Speaker 4: Glad.
Speaker 2: This is getting a nice four K release. This is Connie's first four K release. That's a big deal.
Speaker 3: Lino Braca is the one who wishes let you let your first child be a very masculine child. M right, I'm not sure. Oh, Caanaan got it? No, you don't got it? Maybe not okay whatever, Okay, well, hey, this is definite. We don't even need to get into it. This is definite.
Speaker 2: Okay, everybody has to get this, says Will so good. Look, there's a new interview on here with the actor. You've got a new interview with the assistant director. There's a bonus short film on here called super Fan that's pretty cool. From two thousand and nine Q and A with Alan Brockett the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures from twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Check it out.
Speaker 2: Next is Breaking the Girls. This is from IFC Films, not one that I had heard much about before. This is the story of a university student named Sarah, who, when slandered by a hostile classmate, is befriended by the manipulative Alex, who proposes the perfect untraceable crime to kill each other's arch enemies. When Alex actually goes through with it, Sarah finds herself being framed for murder. This has a new audio commentary with Jamie Babbitt, new video interview with the director Jamie Babbitt, some archival extras on here, and then a booklet with new writing by Katie Hagen. Have you seen this one?
Speaker 3: Will?
Speaker 2: From twenty twelve.
Speaker 3: No, that's a Chili Pepper song.
Speaker 4: If it is, that's that's too bad.
Speaker 3: I feel like Kine gets a bad rap just for being a Vegarian. You know, this is some propagand what that is, that's the McDonald's Propagand I'm gonna go ahead and say that this does not look like it was made for me, but.
Speaker 4: Go for it you are breaking up.
Speaker 2: By the way, will your your internet is going in and out? Just so you know. Ronnie is saying in the chat that this is barely a step up from a Lifetime movie. Ronnie was disappointed, considering it's from Jamie Babbitt.
Speaker 4: That is good to know.
Speaker 3: My internet's fine. I think it's your.
Speaker 2: I am hardwired into Google Fiber. It better be okay.
Speaker 3: I love it when you talk dirty mud.
Speaker 2: I am getting one point one gigabits down. Sir? What is my upload speed? Because I guess that's more important.
Speaker 3: That I've got to change.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm at nine hundred and twenty megabits up. I think it's not me.
Speaker 3: Actually, I don't even though I don't even know how to tell that. I have five little arcs.
Speaker 2: I think this is Aberration's first time seeing you, he says, is this will guy drunk?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: You should go back two years and the answer will be yes.
Speaker 3: We know shame people in recovery here.
Speaker 2: No, not at all, It's not shameful. I'm very proud of you. Uh.
Speaker 4: Next up is from Agafa.
Speaker 3: I thought you deleted all those for my safety.
Speaker 2: No, those are still in a hard drive under my pillow uh agfa.
Speaker 3: Go throw it at a WNBA player.
Speaker 2: Oh man Agfa putting out the drug Orama video party this month. This is from nineteen sixty eight to nineteen seventy and covers help Wanted, Female hedonistic pleasures, Alice and acid Land, and The Hard Road. Alice in acid Land is one of the people have been dying to get again because it was available for a while and hard to see for a bit. These are like drug scare films. These are like after school specials and Weirdo Tripped Out nineteen sixties amazingness. We've got a region free blu ray preserved from the original Something Weird SVHS tape masters. There are stoned trailers and drive in snipes, promotional gallery, and then you can watch the full uninterrupted program in all night slumber party mode. There's also a booklet with essay by Something Weird's Lisa Petrucci herself. This is cool.
Speaker 3: It's missing the drug scare film that I'm want the most, but that is immaterial. This is a definite pick up, immediate pickup. Aliceon Acidland's worth the price by itself, so I can't wait to see the others.
Speaker 2: The one you want the most was not on their first drug Scare release.
Speaker 3: Now the one I want the most, blood Freak. Do you ever hear a blood freak?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: It's the but have you seen it?
Speaker 4: I have not?
Speaker 3: Actually, no bro change your life. Anybody who sees blood Freak and it doesn't immediately jump into their like top twenty movies ever made. And it is a heartless son of a bitch.
Speaker 4: Those are big words from will.
Speaker 3: Jack Caine, the Turkey one. Yes, yeah, blood Freak along with the UH Trauma distributed Merchants of Death. Those are like my two and three on a meat Hook by William Germler. Those are my that's my Holy Trinity of as yet unreleased on high definition Blu ray disc titles.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Next up.
Speaker 2: Umbrella putting out the EMU War. This is one that they'd already released in Australia. This is if you're in the US, I think elsewhere, Sorry you you I don't know. Uh. This is the same same disc as what they put out in Australia. So whatever you have on that disc, you're gonna be able to get on this. So if you already have that disc, you probably don't need this unless you're super after their US slipcovers or something. Yeah, I already had that umbrella released, so I don't need this one.
Speaker 4: M This is the one that I am.
Speaker 2: Very excited for, Connie. Their second title is Freeze Me from two thousand. This says five years ago, Cheechi Row was raped by three men. The crime is captioned on video. It's image just hanging over her life like a stored what.
Speaker 3: I started to laugh at something that Paul said in the chest and then realize I was laughing while you're describing a rape revenge movie.
Speaker 2: Uh. This says Having rural hometown for the big city, she has managed to start a new She works an office job and is about to marry her boyfriend when one of the assailants shows up at her doorstep, threatens blackmail, and warns her they are back. It is happening again. Now walking to a now waking to a recurring nightmare, Cheechi Row is shocked into an unexpected set of actions that will keep her abusers close forever. Says it's one of the most memorable Japanese exploitation films of the two thousands. Takashi is She's Free places a heavier emphasis on stasis, anger and the haunting effects of sexual assault than is usually customary for the rape revenge genre. This is going to have a two K restoration an interview at the cinematographer Yasushi A. Saskibara that's from this year. We've also got a book of a new writing by Sam Degan in the booklet. Yeah, I've heard nothing but great stuff about this film. The only thing that I don't love is the back of the slipcover, because I feel like you left something on the design instead of showing us the actual design. But other than that, I'm not like a slipcover freak, so I'm cool with it, but uh.
Speaker 3: Pure it, you know, Okay, I I'm kind of blown away that the like advertising copy is basically like, you know how rape revenge movies are hard to watch, Well, this one's even harder. But yeah, I've read about it before, I've never seen this is something I want to do. I also want to say thanks Paul for acknowledging my attempt at cultural authenticity. It is, in fact pronounced when you're Australian, wells are Australian.
Speaker 4: Not All was one of the zoo here in Kansas City.
Speaker 3: When the zoo. I bet it's happy. Oh boy, never mind all the zoos in the US of A. I get the Kansas City Special. Hmmm. It wakes up every day and its enclosure. It's like, wonder what I'm going to see today, but fucking tasty white people eating cotton gandy and gawking at me. Fuck this.
Speaker 2: Yikes. Next title is from Film Movement.
Speaker 3: That's why we had the war in the first place. The war is coming to us.
Speaker 2: Rendon says they have e move farms in Vermont.
Speaker 3: I expect those communists would have that.
Speaker 2: Oh man, all right. Next up is from Film Movement, and it is The gold Spang a Miracle. Captain linguistics? Is that ghold spang Er? Is it golspun spung Spung not span?
Speaker 3: It's not German got spun the goldspang Miracle.
Speaker 2: This is from twenty twenty three and uh it is a region a lock blu ray. We got an interview with the director in a sixteen page booklet with an essay by Sarah Clements. Wow, let's uh, let's keep going. The next one, uh, this is from Film Movement as well. This is My Love Don't Cross That River from twenty fourteen. Incredible are on this one by Elizabeth you Uh. This says a blockbuster and it's native Korea, where it would go on to become the country's most successful film of all time. My love Don't Cross That River presents an unforgettable story of true love that transcends both generations and cultures. This one has deleted scenes in a sixteen page book with an essay by Justine Smith.
Speaker 4: What is so funny.
Speaker 2: Ronnie saying that we're still about Last Friday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is still announcement stuff for Last Friday.
Speaker 2: We've only been doing this for eighty minutes.
Speaker 3: We're good and we got to get to the BFI costume dramas that everybody's excited about. You know, it's like, Oh, I can't wait to watch three hours of Waltzing. I love I just I love that. This is a blockbuster. I wish we had blockbusters like that.
Speaker 2: I'm very curious about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the actually as will she cross? Well?
Speaker 2: The next one from Field Movement is another exciting one.
Speaker 3: This is it ends on a cliffhanger. She's just standing at the edge and we gotta wait for Don't Cross That River. End Game.
Speaker 2: The Team Up movie Oh well, I love it.
Speaker 3: Conqueror Man, that's one. That's a great movie. You'll cry. You'll cry on Pelley the Conqueror Man.
Speaker 2: Halee the Conqueror from nineteen eighty seven is the next Field Movement title. Another great cover art by friend of the Channel Sam Smith. This one is directed by Billy August, which we're also gonna be talking about more later tonight. I'm going to commentary by Peter Cawie on this one. Essay by Terrence Rafferty, and uh yeah, this looks like a solid release.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, Sam, slip with me. You're all I need. I love this stuff, you get it?
Speaker 4: What's funny?
Speaker 2: I was gonna I was gonna reach out designs.
Speaker 3: I love this movie about us.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna sing it.
Speaker 2: The next one is for Music Box Films and it is just the two of Us from twenty twenty three. Uh. This one says when Blanche meets the charismatic Gregoire Gregory Grigor.
Speaker 3: What oh it's of Gregois and plant?
Speaker 2: Oh man?
Speaker 3: That was fun. Uh.
Speaker 2: This one says she thinks she's found the one. Their passionate affair develops quickly and they soon marry and relocate far from Blanche's family. As their new life begins, Blanche finds herself caught in the grip of a deeply possessive and a dangerous man desperate to escape just the two of us. As a closely observed and emotional domestic thriller.
Speaker 3: Running an emu farm in Vermont.
Speaker 2: Someone has an audio commentary by Will's favorites Alexander Heller Nicholas I an interview with the director and a photo gallery trailer and all that fun stuff. Okay, Rafa saying, did you know the Black Phone two horror film that hit the cinemas in October twenty twenty five? Sequel will be more violent? I mean got to the first film around twenty twenty one. Did you see the first Black Phone movie?
Speaker 3: It's Doctor Dodson, But no, you know what, It's been sitting in my queue for four years. Apparently I have not yet seen Black Phone. I do want to see Black Phone, and now I guess I need to see Black Phone because otherwise I shan't be able to see Black Phone too.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 2: I didn't really want a sequel, and then they made an incredible trailer and now I'm definitely gonna see it. Oh man, this is a crazy looking release. So Saturn's Core this month they're putting out My crepitas I Never left the White Room.
Speaker 4: From two thousand.
Speaker 2: This has traveled through the depths of a deranged mind and experience firsthand the violent hallucinations of an incarcerated psychiatric patient trapped within the confines of his white cell. Jeffrey Pryor struggles with his deteriorating grasp on reality, while a psychiatrist, doctor Nathaniel Beck, tries to unravel the secrets behind his daughter's brutal rape and murder. What's crazy is that this is this was originally associated with Toe tag and this has been hard to see and they've got all kinds of stuff in this. If you look in the extras, I believe Ross is saying that this has fourteen hours of bonus features or fourteen hours total of on disc content. That is craziness, absolutely insane. This has the original cut from two thousand with new optional commentary, a twenty twenty five director's final cut version with new optional commentary. Art Edinger and Max Almeda's on that one. We got thirty years Living with My Crepites, New interview with Michael touch Schneider, New career retrospective chat with Michael toach Schneider, a bunch of archival stuff, some featurettes, and then a tribute to Sanity two thousand and two prequel short. We've got an archival two thousand and two director's interview. We've got some other archival stuff, and then Last Maggot Standing Birthed one hundred and nineteen minute long, two feature link docs. That's the first one. The second one is Last Maggot Standing Hatched, which is one hundred and twelve minutes long. There is so much on this, more interviews, music videos. I don't even know what to cover, just so.
Speaker 3: Much bump buna bump, bump, bump, bump, bump bump, my cropitis exciting.
Speaker 2: Next up, VIHS hit Fest is putting up Permanent Damage from nineteen ninety two. This screams like that other movie that I never remember the title of that you made me watch the first twenty minutes a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 4: The guy sliding on the ground.
Speaker 3: Oh, skid, kid Skid.
Speaker 2: I talked about this last week too, because I loved.
Speaker 3: A suburban gangster story. Stay the fuck out of the suburbs. You ain't from the suburbs, you don't understand the suburbs.
Speaker 2: And then the back. There's a price to pay for being a gangster, money, power, women and death. The price to pay is women and power.
Speaker 3: Well, to quote Journey Jody Ernst, We're all gonna die, so I'm not sure being a gangster has got anything to do with it. Yeah, that looks fun. Rafa asks if we've seen the Smile movies, and I have to address it because I have seen them, which is a rare thing for newer movies.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: I like them very much.
Speaker 2: I think the second one is much better than the first one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I've talked about it on here before. How I took my wife to see Smile and it was like everything that could personally trigger her like wrapped into one movie. Yeah. And then and then we go to watch the second one and it's like that, but worse. And now the protagonist has the same name as her.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Smile three is gonna be filmed in our house.
Speaker 2: Starring your kids. So Permanent Damage is a new transfer from the original master. A commentary with the cast and crew, interview with the director and cinematographer, a short film, a trailer, and then footage from the movie premiere.
Speaker 3: Still yeah Okay.
Speaker 2: Next up, Raging Grace is the next title from Brainstore Media. This is from nineteen ninety two. This says an undocumented immigrant begins to roll here we go, begins working as a caretaker for a terminal old man, uncovering a terrible secret haunting the lavish home.
Speaker 3: That's quite the oxymorn, isn't it. Grace.
Speaker 2: We got an audio commentary with the director here, we got a video conference with the director and some other individuals from the film or No. Lulu Wang, the director of The Farewell, is the other one on there.
Speaker 4: We got behind the.
Speaker 2: Scenes footage, storyboard, still's gallery, then a booklet with an essay by Walt Chaw. Walt Chaw does some great writing.
Speaker 3: It's a video conference. Is that like where we have to talk about while my kid's not doing well in math?
Speaker 2: It just means zoom chad okay, Raging Grace. The intonations there were spun up. Next title is the canalog putting out Redlands from twenty fourteen, and yet again, this was bundled with an exclusive item This one is the Redlands zine that the Canalog created just for this. It was limited to only one hundred units and sold out before I could even get to post this announcement. It is crazy how fast these little bundles go. So if you're in these extra items, you might want to be there right on time every month and check out which ones have the items, if they have any. It's not every month that we get them. And then this month we got like three or four I.
Speaker 3: Think Redlands whoa, whoa, whoa. That's uh, that's Frother Bruce Springstey Fan.
Speaker 2: This says the lives of three residents of Redlands, California intersect and ultimately collide in this claustrophobic exploration of radical creativity, sexuality, and violence in America. And as somebody who's been at Redlands for many days of my life, I had to get this. It looks great. I like what the Canalog does. The extras on here. We got an extended scene, deleted scene, and then a bunch of additional short films by John Brian King. Lots of stuff on here. There's also a booklet with the discussion between John Brian King and the Canalog co founder Elijah Drenner. Yeah, this this looks fantastic.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: Indeed, next is Shudder putting out Revealer from twenty twenty two. Will have you seen Revealer? I have actually tell me about this one because I've never seen it.
Speaker 3: Great premise. A stripper and an anti abortion protester are trapped in like the strip club during the apocalypse or possibly the what you call it a rapture, and so they're beset by demons and stuff. It was okay, you know, uneasy allies there. Not that a stripper couldn't also be anti choice, but generally you don't expect them to be.
Speaker 2: So yeah, this one.
Speaker 3: The executions Okay.
Speaker 2: This one also came with the bundle, had a soundtrack cassette that you could purchase, which, also, just like the zine, sold out practically immediately, long before I could even post the announcement. This one has an audio commentary with the director Luke Boyce and the actors Cato Asse and shaneis Scrutin. There's an audio commentary with Luke Boyce, the cinematographer, and the production designer. There is another audio commentary with the director and the co writers there's a making of Revealer. It's almost forty minutes long. A visual essay by Jessica Scott, Dark all Day, the full dance sequence, a gag reel, visual effects breakdown, a booklet, new writing by Tory Potenza, and an original movie tie in comic in that booklet. That's pretty cool. Yeah, have not seen Revealer? Sounds okay worth a watch?
Speaker 3: I would I would, you know, just with all the Shutter titles. One of the benefits as you can preview them if you have access to Shutter. But yeah, I'd say this is definitely worth a watch and possibly worth a BUYE.
Speaker 2: Will definitely want to promote this comment from Mike. I don't know if you actually saw me highlight this Will. Mike says, Will is much more serious on the Tumbleweeds and TV Cowboys podcast. Everybody go check out the Tumbleweeds and TV's Cowboys podcast because Will a frequent collaborator.
Speaker 3: Well, I got to say, don't listen to my episodes. That's a great show. I mean, do but listen to all of them. He gets. Hunter gives some amazing guests and covers both great Westerns and great Western TV shows, and I come on, and we're slowly going through the career of John Wayne, like we just finished nineteen thirty nine. With this latest episode. Some people might not know that John Wayne started in two movies where Claire Trevor top lined him in the credits, the second one being Allegheny Uprising. That's what we talked about in this new episode, Allegheny Uprising about the Black Boys Rebellion. I know what you're thinking, maga's worst worst nightmare come to life. It's not that at all. It's it's not it's a precursor to the Whiskey Rebellion and the and the Boston Tea Party. Uh. And in some ways, Allegheny Uprising is magu's greatest triumph. So you should you should check it out. It's a really interesting movie and George Sanders is awesome as a snooty British lieutenant in it. Anyway, What's next.
Speaker 2: The last thing I wanted to say about Hunter's podcast, because he deserves this, is it is a podcast done right with the proper amount of research and respect for the the subject matter. Every time it's given a proper amount to breathe, and he gets a really great guest for the very specific thing that they are covering.
Speaker 3: We get some jokes in there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely. J Weber just got out of seeing weapons and that is a run, don't walk situation. You gotta see it's that man Will says it.
Speaker 3: Vermont Senator exactly, say see it. You didn't say which direction you're running?
Speaker 4: Touche it is it two seventeen?
Speaker 2: Where you are? It's a good question. Uh, next one, I haven't seen it. How is it a spoiler? It's in the marketing.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't even know if you spoiled it. Don't say stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, then I wouldn't know if it was a spoiler unless you said it's a spoiler. CIP Canadian International is releasing Winter Kept Us Warm, the sixtieth anniversary special edition. So doing the math and I want to carry the twelfth. That means it came out in nineteen sixty five. Of course. This is often described as the first LGBTQ plus film ever to screen at cann This was one of the first Canadian feature films to attract international acclaim with its lovingly observed portrait of a queer romance at a time when homosexuality was still illegal in the country. This is newly scanned in four K from the original sixteen millimeter AB camera negatives by the Canadian International Pictures, with sound transferred from the answer print. We got new commentary with Sector, new commentary featuring John Grayson and Thomas Waugh, new interview with the director Sector as well, new interview with the actress Joy Fielding, new interview with the executive producer, new interview with the composer. There is a thirteen minute reflection on the body of work here. We got a behind the scenes footage, just all kinds of stuff. Canadian International kind of like Saturn's Corps, always above and beyond to overload these discs, and that leads us to a new two K scan of the first short film by the director called Love with the Proper Guppy. There's a documentary here on David Sector's life and work, with the new introduction by Joel Sector that is sixty minutes long. There's also a booklet with a new essay by Chris Dupui and an archival essay Good Lord that is so much of that stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh man, it's got some great scenes in it. You know, I love you a he not so loud. It's illegally I'm sorry, they just can't keep it in.
Speaker 2: Was that a double entendre?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty stoked about that movie for all kinds of reasons.
Speaker 2: John the broadcast director of the Mets, says he was gonna go see Weapons tonight, but we are on fire mostly Will, so he's gonna go tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Thanks for John, John, I tell you what I'm not. I'm not a baseball officionado, but I watch I watch your highlights every week on social media. You're You're the best dude. Thanks for It's an it's a it's an honor to be in the same virtual space.
Speaker 2: And John had a hell of a week. Do you know what happened with John this week? Other than all of the highlights of course that that came out.
Speaker 3: Will No, what's what's the latest?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: So John's latest?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to pull it up in another tab so I can just show people that it exists. But it is a little too far back in my watch later playlist, and I've already played it like three times. John got to appear in a scene or in a video for Trauma in There Out of the Closet series that just came out yesterday. Yeah, everybody needs to go check out the Trauma YouTube channel. John Demarcico is featured on the Trauma YouTube channel this week.
Speaker 3: Oh that's awesome. Wow all.
Speaker 2: Oh man, All right, let's go to our next title. This is IFC Films putting out Young and Beautiful from twenty thirteen. Beautiful front cover of the slipcover and then we got the back. The acclaimed director of Francois Ozone is helming this erotic tale of sexual awakening. After losing her virginity, seventeen year old budding beauty Isabelle takes up a secret life as a call girl, meeting her older gentleman clients for erotic hotel room trists. Throughout she remains curiously aloof, showing little interest in the encounters themselves or the money she makes, while his own slightly refrains from offering easy answers. As the here's the word again, enigmatic Isabelle marine Bach is a magnetic delivering a star making breakout performance and the sleek and sexy coming of age drama. This has a new audio commentary from Alexander Heller Nicholas archival interviews with a director of the actresses in this as well some beleeved scenes footage from the twenty thirteen can Film Festival premiere and a book of a new writing by Elena Lazac.
Speaker 4: This to me was a must.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I fell in love with Ozone after I saw Under the Sand. Now some have said that this movie is as a bit sexist, but I just assume if it's French, there's going to be something objectionable.
Speaker 2: Isn't that their whole stick?
Speaker 3: I mean, you know.
Speaker 2: Next up, this was a bit of a controversial pick this week, so we'll go through this for a minute. ETR Media putting out You're So Cool Brewster, the Story of Fright Night from twenty sixteen. This is a documentary that is almost four hours long. And this was controversial because people were saying this is just a bonus feature documentary that shouldn't be a standalone release. But it's four hours long. And the other thing is this is long out of print, and some people saying, well, already have this on my Fright Night four K No, you don't. You got the first half that only covers Fright Night. And this is absolutely worth the full release. It's got all of the extras that were on the original release. To me, this is a really great version to give a lot of love to frid Night and Fright Night too, and we don't know if the other half will be on the Fright Night two four K that's supposedly being worked on by Redshirt Pictures.
Speaker 4: Will How do you feel about Fright Night?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, you know, you don't expect burden of dreams to come with Fitzgaraldo, do you exactly?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 3: I would put Fright Night up there with Fitzcaraldo in terms of quality. Frid Night's one of my favorite movies. And yeah, I'm this is I don't often get etr titles, so I'm pretty excited about stance says let me tell us Stephen Joffrees. Yeah, Stephen Jeffreys is worth the price of a mission. What a what an interesting character. I tend to show Fright Night in my cult film's class and it's always very popular, and you know, it's weird to think about because we're all sentophiles and everything, but you know, I'm teaching a lot of eighteen nineteen twenty year olds and they've never heard of Fright Night unless it's the frickin' college version. Call it, what'd you say? Call it feral?
Speaker 2: Because that's who it is.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm thinking of sense and sensibility.
Speaker 2: I just want to see Colin doing this. Try got to stutter.
Speaker 3: I got it wrong again. He's pride and prejudiced. College Watch will get dementia in real time over the past two years. Oh man, I actually I'd like to see a Fright Night remake with Colin for if that'd be interesting. Well, you know, and a lot of these kids these days haven't don't even I haven't even really seen classic eighties movies. You show them, you show them anything by John Carpenter outside of Halloween. They're like, what, you know, They've never It's like they've never seen a good movie before. Really, most of them have never seen a movie before. They've just seen clips. So yeah, I'll watch a four hour Friday night documentary.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I know we've talked about that before, but that is so troubling to hear.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's yeah. You never step in the same river twice. That's why you shouldn't cross.
Speaker 2: It until until across the river endgame or the I guess the first the two is don't cross the river Infinity bridge.
Speaker 3: Connor says, Oh, you can have a crossover. You have to have a crossover, so you don't cross the river Infinity Pool.
Speaker 2: Don't cross the crosswalk never mind. Connor Holt says there are so many great making of docs that are now out of print because they don't get carried over to the Blu ray or four cab re releases.
Speaker 3: And that is so so true, speaking of a burden of dreams needs to be upgraded. That's still on DVD.
Speaker 2: Ronnie wants to commend you for teaching the children Will so good job.
Speaker 3: But they ain't killed me yet. I'm hanging on with my fingernails. I'll tell you what though.
Speaker 2: Next up is from a brand new OCN partner label, because they definitely needed one more. This is Hope Runs High, putting out the movie We might as well be Dead, from twenty twenty two. Let's get into what the film is first, and then we'll talk about the label a little more. This says security officer Anna and her sixteen year old daughter live peacefully in a high rise at the edge of the woods, famous for its carefully curated community, until the day a dog disappears and an irrational fear spreads through.
Speaker 4: This would be utopia with a view.
Speaker 2: This is from twenty twenty two, and it's got a new interview with the writer, director, and co writer introduction by Hope Runs High curator Taylor Perdee. We've got a conversation between the director and be kind Rewind creator Isabelle Studio. We got some teasers, trailers, all that stuff. There's also a booklet with the new essay by Natalio Wincklman.
Speaker 4: That's not the name, it's Winkleman.
Speaker 2: We've got a new piece by Natalia Sinninkova on the design of the film, and then afterward by Taylor perde as.
Speaker 3: Well, signing Cova Okay, I like the way you pronounced custudio.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's far away. I need to zoom in a little bit more on these.
Speaker 3: Whoa god, damn it. Uh.
Speaker 2: The people wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't done that. Next, we need to talk about this label a little bit, because this sounds pretty cool. Hope Runs High is a New York City based production and distribution company releasing first run American independence and international favorites, alongside major restorations and rediscoveries to screens of all sizes. Dedicated to diverse stories, Hope Runs High as proud to partner with the legendary filmmakers, as well as the freshest voices from female directors, people of color, LGBTQ, plus filmmakers and artists from the traditional cannon cannon but okay, yep, I noticed that, or.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was a Freudian slip since the traditional canons all straight dudes.
Speaker 2: Yikes, yikes, Penis, we got it, Will Cannon pallic Oh man, that was Nathan Fillion level joke there. Yeah, Hope runs high.
Speaker 3: Sounds fun that the guy from uh Castle.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, it is.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: I love that Roddy is keeping up running list. Will's music reference is so far tonight, Enigma, Fugazi, Chili Pepper's, Bruce Springsteen and Phil Collins.
Speaker 3: Oh boy.
Speaker 4: Moving on to our distrip picks, it.
Speaker 3: Was a paraphrase Bloodhoum Gang reference too. This is now can you forget Morrissey?
Speaker 2: Oh and Morrissey. That's right, totally forgot Morrissey. The next one from distrip picks. You can get this on the male you Scene site or on the Vinegar Syndrome site. This is Confessions of a Psycho Cat and the Fat Black Pussy Cat. Uh this is a very district picks title.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these are both great. I've got the Uh, I guess what's something weird?
Speaker 2: Weird?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I got Yeah. These are fun. So.
Speaker 2: Originally a more traditional who Done It? Set in the then trendsetting early sixties village beat scene, The Fat Black pussy Cat proved a box office flop and was retooled into a delectably crass proto slasher yallow complete with nudity and several splashy new slice and dice killings. That sold me on this immediately.
Speaker 3: It's got a bunch of wan tan women.
Speaker 2: Yes, uh, this is going to have a new commentary.
Speaker 3: That one won't the people listen on the podcast won't get that. People who can see the the cover, yes, jeez, what I mean where we got?
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that. Uh. These are both restored in four K from the thirty five millimeter OCNS. We got a new commentary, new interview out takes, the original version of The Fat Black Pussycat, some trailer's image gallery and all that fun stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, Salmonella said they saw Morrissey live. I saw Morrissey live last year as well. It's great. It's great. Even even made some jokes about politics. Was like, ha, ha, just kidding, not really. Maybe I don't know. Oh, I'm confused. I don't know how to.
Speaker 2: Next up. Babylon Pink coming from the Command Cinema line.
Speaker 4: Uh, this is coming on Blu ray.
Speaker 3: Uh. Here's here's a good musical reference for you here out here.
Speaker 2: Who are here?
Speaker 3: Ma'am down?
Speaker 2: Oh geez? Oh man.
Speaker 3: Hey, ROBERTA. Finley held the camera.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: Uh, I don't even know how to continue with this.
Speaker 2: Uh. Karen asked if that was Greed.
Speaker 3: I guess I could see how that. Who's the guy's name, David something, David Gray? You know it? You love him? Followed him around in a bus.
Speaker 2: Babylon Pink has a four K scannon rest trees from the UC audio.
Speaker 3: Just scroll through. Let people read this, Saba.
Speaker 2: Everybody read we got an interview with ROBERTA. Fit That's all you need to know. Check it out.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. One point it's a porno that roberta Family helped with.
Speaker 2: Come on, uh next up? Uh from the Pikarama line.
Speaker 3: Do you like porno? Do you like Nazis? Here's the title for you.
Speaker 2: Prisoner of Paradise see in the Seductress coming in a Pikorama triple feature. These are I believe all three of these are previous DVD releases from Pikarama, now newly scanned restored in two K from their thirty five millimeter negatives. All three films have trailers. And that is it? Did you just spit for something? Oh will? I don't even know what to say anymore? Uh mail u seen put up a water bottle and to steal sibners moniker for this. Yeah, this is for if you need a horny Starbucks water bottle, you can pick up the Mali you scene water bottle? Now? Is that? The other? Was that the only piece of merchant? Was there something else?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: Was it? All? Right? Next up is from Keno. They are releasing The Bone Collector on four K and on Blu Ray. Both these coming on October fourteenth. These are new four K scan with Adobe Vision Master. On this we got new commentary by Steve Mitchell and Edwin Samuel sand new commentary by Kim Newman and Barry Forshaw.
Speaker 4: And that is really cool.
Speaker 3: Still a millio scene.
Speaker 2: I'm see, well done, sir, well done. Yes, Denzel Washington, Angelina Joe Lee in this one, and uh yeah, that's that's the believe.
Speaker 3: I don't mean to be gross or anything, but I'm kind of surprised that Meli you scene hasn't had like Brandon line of like tissue paper, yeah, or.
Speaker 2: Tissue paper yeah, you know, yeah, I got it. I'm more surprised they haven't released like pure sex twice at this point.
Speaker 3: Well, like to protect our precious WNBA players. That's why what a callback.
Speaker 2: I'm almost surprised you can't buy like mil You've seen branded condoms every single month.
Speaker 3: They're trying to be classy. I've never seen the Bone Collector. Is it worth it?
Speaker 2: I don't remember it being worth it. I need to rewatch it. This is one that I saw way back then. Yeah, let's keep going one. I'm very excited about October. Keino is releasing Dan Curtis's classic monsters as part of their Quino Cult line. This will include Dracula from nineteen seventy four, Frankenstein from nineteen seventy three, The Strange Case of Doctor Jekyl and Mister Hide from nineteen sixty eight. We got Jack Palance in one of the air two of these Bose fencing. We've got a couple other names. Dan Curtis made some fun stuff.
Speaker 3: The thing about Jack Palance and Doctor Jekyl and Mister Hide is you just can't tell the difference.
Speaker 2: Yes, hey, this is one that some people were excited about. In October, Keno was releasing a four K of The Cat and the Canary from nineteen twenty seven. Now this is a little bit odd, primarily because if you love this movie, you probably kind of just bought it. This was just for the released on Blu Ray in December of last year. I think the limited edition came out like April, but the standard edition came Mountain December. But this is this is just going to be an SDR Master, so you're really only getting this for a slight uptick in resolution. The Eureka Blu Ray looked great to me. This is this is an odd choice to do this ten months after the standard edition came out. I'm glad that the film is getting a lot more attention, but yeah, a bit of an odd choice in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got the Eureka Edition as well. Probably stick with it. But you know, if you don't have anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a great first time by if you don't have it. Next up, we are getting an update on the Speaking of Eureka. Their release of Furious Swords and Fantastic Warriors, the Heroic Cinema of Chang Chay. This has been delayed ever so slightly, and it will now not be coming out until September twenty second in the UK September twenty third in North America. The other big thing though, is they have confirmed this will now not get a standard edition, so if you wanted these movies, the limited edition will be the only way to go, and you might want to get that because it's only being released with two thousand copies.
Speaker 3: So I kind of recently got into Chang Chaz director, like paying attention to him. Yeah, and went back through my collection and found out that I have like twenty three Chang chev movies and I never just didn't realize that's awesome. They're all in like boxes and stuff. So now I'll have how Man here in this four more.
Speaker 2: At least four more, yeah, I think it might even be six, oh man, great, Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: The past like four or five years have been wonderful for martial arts aficionados, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: For Shaw Brothers specifically, I mean the number of Shaw Brothers releases is crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't have any of the Scream sets yet. I do have the first three Shoscope sets nice, and then just tons of individual Shaw releases. But yeah, more and more. Oh, here we go, all right.
Speaker 2: On September thirtieth, Sony is releasing a four K steel book highlighting Will's favorite band. This is becoming led Zeppelin from twenty twenty five. This is exploring the origins and meteoric rise of the iconic group against all odds. Interesting choice to get a four K steel book, but considering the band, I bet this will sell like hotcakes.
Speaker 4: So you love led Zeppelin?
Speaker 2: I will?
Speaker 3: Well. My first introduction to led Zeppelin was from a babysitter I had, who now this is during the Satanic Panic, and I was seven or eight maybe, and she was a new babysitter and she started talking to me about what kind of rock and roll music do I like? And at that point, I think the only thing I really listened to was weird Al Yankovic. And she starts telling me about this band, led Zeppelin, and how if you listen to their song Stairway to Heaven backwards on the record player, it's actually Stairway to Hell and she counseled me on other spiritual matters and how I should stay away from the rock and roll because it was the sound of demonic laughter, tempting us to sin and wantonness. And so my folks got home from my us. They were trying to have some date to rekindle whatever they had lost, and and the babysitter told him, told him what, what what we've been up to, And to their credit, she didn't babysit again. My dad was a little older for led Zeppelin, I'll give him credit. He had a great taste of music, a combination of rock, and he was a big kink sky British invasion like outlaws like country rock Willie and also Whale and Jennings, that kind of thing, but also so also opera and jazz, and and then my mom was into Lake Donovan. So I got pretty good education. And then my dad, I guess some kids turned him onto talking heads and diva, but he skipped the seventies almost entirely. He had one led Zeppelin album. It was led Zeppelin two with Communication Breakdown all that shit on it. So for the longest time I only knew that I didn't listen to the rest of led Zeppelin until maybe my early thirties, because I got into like punk rock and industrial music and rejected everything that like had technical ability, so I didn't like. I didn't get in. I didn't try led Zeppelin until I was an adult. So long story longer. I can't say I have a strong feeling about led Zeppelin. I've listened to all their stuff now and I'm like, ah, yes, that's all right. But you know, I listened to Robert Plant's voice and it just gives me tonights. So I'm interested in the documentary, but I'm have to turn it down and put on the subtitles, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So that is becoming led Zeppelin, going to our next one.
Speaker 3: Oh, Ronnie, he's got the right thing. I'm a big Bob Sieger fan. I'm into Bob Seger. I came to him late as well. You know that. That's why boy can sing. He's got some soul in him.
Speaker 2: Oh man. Anyway, So this last week I put up an interview with the one and only mister Brian Usna, and on top of that, will you had you had a cameo in the interview. Thanks for hanging out.
Speaker 3: Thanks for including me in the epilogue there. Oh what a treating and many many thanks to mister Yusna for his time. I wow.
Speaker 4: Say it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean the big thing is that this is like, this is your guy.
Speaker 3: My guy. I'm glad you got the interview him.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, and I really have I really I think it's safe to talk about.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you one thing. You people who have watched the interview, good for you. Let me tell you if you've ever doubted Ryan's abilities as an editor, this guy really had to work his ass off on that. It was a great interview. Like if you watched the raw footage, it's like wow. But mister Yusna also had possibly an illegal dog kennel in his home. He had several delivery people come, a nurse nurse. So you did a great job chopping it up.
Speaker 2: I uh, yeah, I had to hide a lot of transitions there. It was. It was rough. I will say that Brian is one of the most generous people that we've had the privileges speaking to through all this, and I think I'm gonna I'm just gonna say it, and I hope that you don't mind me saying it. Brian's even offered to come back and do things with both of us, with Will and myself. Brian is hopefully going to be coming back on the show for another conversation. I wanted to talk about like a lot more about the fantastic Factory and stuff, and we literally had to gloss over it because there was interruptions and so much other stuff happening. But yeah, hopefully like a part two to this happens and then Will gets to get the whole conversation with him.
Speaker 4: This fall in a really cool way, So I'm excited to.
Speaker 2: Do a coulture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if it happens, it'll happen. He's If it happens, we'll talk about it. But until then, you got it, We'll leave it in the realm of prayer.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about fourteen different Shout Factory announcements then. First up October twenty first four K release of nos Fratu the Empire from nineteen seventy nine. Big deal. This is first off. I do want to start with like a compliment sandwich for Shout Factory because I'm gonna be saying a lot of not great things tonight about them. First thing, I gotta admit, the art here is the secondary art is really cool that they're doing this all art. I like that. This is good art this time. Now some of these releases we're going to talk about maybe not so much. But yeah, we've got a four K transfer of the German and English versions of this film. We got Dolby Vision on this. We've got.
Speaker 4: An ALT slip cover and ALT poster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pt tip this one decent movie.
Speaker 4: You happy with that?
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's great. Bernon Herd song four K klaus Kinski, that's what is.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of Johnny Yeah. Yeah, let's keep going then, and so it begins, well this primarily this is one of the biggest let's just.
Speaker 4: Dive in here.
Speaker 2: So October seventh, there's a four K coming of Mario Baba's Black Sunday from nineteen sixty.
Speaker 4: They're releasing this with a poster. You can pick this up.
Speaker 2: It's got a whole bunch of audio commentaries on here. Literally four different commentaries. This is the international version version of the film. It has English audio. It does not have the original audio. This is a movie that just came out in the box set from Shout Factory that most people received last week that pre ordered it, they received it last week. Only for it to be upgraded to four K literally the following Monday. In my opinion, this is one of the biggest slap in the face moments I've seen a boutique company ever.
Speaker 3: Do every Blue Rays like Black Sunday.
Speaker 2: Keeping the Morris They going, uh, well, you know, yeah, any thoughts on that?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I held off on the the box set because I'm broke, but also because I just don't see a world where Bava doesn't eventually come out on four K. So I know that there are issues with the cost and everything that I guess the rights holders are asking for, But come.
Speaker 2: On, well, I mean that might be cleared up because Chow Factory put out that box set after that whole rumored licensing costs. But uh, we gotta we gotta comment here that I gotta highlight and it's a good time to have this conversation. Cali Kid says, how about those Criterion Kubricks. Thanks for the donation there, Cali Kid, have you heard the confirmation about the Criterion kubrick?
Speaker 3: There will so you're my only source for information.
Speaker 2: Let me share, Let me share with you right now. Movies like uh, Bill Hunt, Bill Hunt from the Digital Bits has confirmed that the Criterion collection will be adding Eyes Wide Shut in four K and Lolita in four K.
Speaker 3: Great, and that is that the last two.
Speaker 2: Those are the last two Kubrick four k's Kubrick Yeah by Coybrick, Stanley Kubrick, Stone, Lee Stuon Stan Lou. I mean, how cool is that? First off?
Speaker 4: How do you feel about is White shut?
Speaker 3: And uh? And Lolita Shut was the first and only Stanley Kubrick movie I saw in the theater. And Lolita has been in the news a lot recently for reasons I can't recall.
Speaker 2: All right, it's Epstein, Yeah, I know, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Know, no, look, and that was in the Bakhov's Lolita. Epstein didn't have the Kubrick. I wasn't racy enough. But yeah, Lolita is is fantastic. And I thought IWOD Shut was a masterpiece. I was an early backer of IWOD Shut. You know. The critics at the time were very dismissive. Yeah, and I kept I actually have some clippings of contemporary reviews of IWOD Shut just because they were so dumb, and like, I've got them in case I ever meet those critics and say, like, hey, you remember when you wrote this, fucking idiot. But so if it's true, then great, Yes.
Speaker 2: I trust Bill Hunt. This is one of those things that he does have primary sources, and the fact that this will all be uh, you know, the final Kubrick to come out on four K, and if they really wanted to, like obviously we don't have confirmation of this, but with how many they have, they could theoretically do like a really nice Kubrick four K box set.
Speaker 4: They don't have everything.
Speaker 2: They would have to license some stuff for Warner Brothers if they really wanted to get every single title.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Retroning and Full Metal Jacket, And of course that Criterion Criterion didn't put out the Spartacle's four K, right, I can't remember who did that, but ally kids got a good point, right, because didn't, aswead Shut.
Speaker 4: Had a second cut, I believe.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, yeah, there's the digital figures, which you know that's it didn't it didn't really actually kind of appreciated the effect of the digital figures. For reasons we can get into, like if it ever gets announced, we can get do a deep dive on eyes watch Shut. I can talk about that forever. But I want to say maybe I'm wrong, but weren't there two different aspect ratios? I could be wrong about that?
Speaker 4: Was it shown open?
Speaker 2: Matt?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't even actually know what that means.
Speaker 2: It's a good figure, not a film professor. Spartakus is universal?
Speaker 3: Okay? Great? Yeah so? But that I mean to be able to get all of this stuff. Oh be so happy.
Speaker 2: The fact that we'll have all of it in four K is huge.
Speaker 3: You know it would be cool is if AMC did a limited run of ies White Shot? So did you have to watch that? Weird like Nicole Kidman intro? And then remember why you fucking love Nicole Kidmen so much?
Speaker 4: Because here they are.
Speaker 3: Crossing the line.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Hey, he got a bunch of compliments earlier. Sam's here? What's going on? Sam?
Speaker 3: Oh? Well, now that you're here, stay.
Speaker 2: So that was Black Sunday. Lots of complaints about that. Well, let's keep going.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: October seventh, Shout is doing a four K of Schwarzenegger in End of Days from nineteen nine.
Speaker 3: I wish I could do an impression.
Speaker 2: Listen to me the Days over.
Speaker 3: Great, that's very good local revelation. I can't do it at all, just say big words in his voice. That's what that's that's what I always like.
Speaker 2: It's the trials and regulations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know what's cruel is that a person's accent has no bearing whatsoever on their intelligence. And the fact of the matter is this man has accomplished more in ten years of his life than all of us put together. And uh, he was a he was a governor, he was he's a weightlifter, and he's been in movies. Wow, oh god.
Speaker 2: So End of Days, End of Days from ninety nine is getting an ALT slipcover and an ALT poster. But the crazy thing this is getting kind of for shout factory standards, like a lot of new new extras on this. We've got a new in depth interview with Peter Himes. We got a new interview with the screenwriter Andrew W. Marlowe, a new interview with the visual effects supervisor John de Jardine, a new interview with the composer John Debney, some archival extras attached with that. That is kind of a lot.
Speaker 3: Michael Smith needs to be highlighted and shamed.
Speaker 2: Fear and Desire is in four K from Keno Lber. Actually, I don't think we need to shame him, but we can softly suggest that you go google Fear and Desire for k Michael, I might be at a print left.
Speaker 3: I'd love to do a commentary for End Today's I remember watching this movie on when I first came out in the video store, and I watched it on a double feature with Stigmata with the Patri Sharquet is all right.
Speaker 2: Fun? I like, I like stigmana yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean they're both like early CGI, like what is this crap? But uh fun? Both they were both fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like End of Day's movies a lot because for me, it's really funny to think about, like, oh shit, what if we're wrong and like the Seventh day Adventists had it right all along? Or you know, whichever denomination it's like, oh damn, I should have had for faith for faith, oh.
Speaker 2: Man Corrine, Oh I highlighted Calo kids, Where did kurrents go? End of Games commentary with me doing the accent coming soon.
Speaker 3: I want you to do it with thar On Schortzenegger. Listen, so what were you doing in this scene? Will?
Speaker 2: Did you see? I was?
Speaker 3: It's actually quite good.
Speaker 2: Let's get into some of their Hong Kong Stuff. September thirtieth, we're getting a Blu ray box set called Hong Kong Gamblers and Gangsters. Now, to the surprise of some, maybe not to all, this is a site exclusive, which Shout has not been doing very much of, and that kind of sucks. The big thing is a lot of people are after these titles, and they only ship to the US and sometimes to Canada, and so that hurts. If it's a site exclusive, it's just not happening for a lot of people. So we've got what's gonna happen for me in this one. We've got Casino Tycoon, casino type I don't know if I just said that word right, Casino Tycoon, Casino Tycoon too, Challenge of the Gamester Destiny's Champion, Godfather from Canton, Loving You, and is that the last one? It is? And then a bunch of new bonus features all these We've got new commentaries, we've got new interviews, lots of stuff happening. Literally every single title has new new bonus features. But the fact that it's the side exclusive limited to twenty five hundred units not not not the best option, but I get it.
Speaker 4: This probably isn't gonna be extremely popular.
Speaker 3: It's the only option, Ryan.
Speaker 2: No. Because reminder that Arrow has licensed these titles from Shout Factory. They're gonna be releasing these in the UK probably, we don't know yet if that is necessarily every single title, but they're gonna be releasing a lot of if not all of them.
Speaker 3: So basically are saying it's gonna be a gamble.
Speaker 2: Yes, you a gamester, Let's keep going to the next one, which is also a box set which pissed off a lot of people, coming on October twenty eighth, a Blu ray box set of a Chinese ghost story trilogy.
Speaker 4: Now why is that wrong?
Speaker 2: Now? What's weird here is this is a title. That's how everybody.
Speaker 3: I'm so pissed off that this thing that was unavailable is now available.
Speaker 2: So I get it. The hard part here is this is a highly sought after trilogy of films. Then this is these are movies that people have wanted for a long time. They were scanned in four K, and they're releasing Blu rays.
Speaker 3: And you wait six months.
Speaker 2: For Shout It might literally be next Monday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so just wait. The reality is you're gonna wait for a sale anyway.
Speaker 4: The reality is Shout.
Speaker 2: That was good. Uh, Shout is probably not going to re release these in four K eventually.
Speaker 4: Now I don't know that.
Speaker 2: For a fact. I wouldn't have said that about all the Baba stuff, but about this, I think they made a conscious decision to only do this in Blu Ray. Now the hard part Arrow has probably licensed these because these are some of the bigger titles. Is Aro gonna release these in four K? I mean, if they have the option, they probably will. It's Arrow. But if you do want these now you've got great options for them. Scanning four K, You've got a whole bunch of new extras, literally every single title, new commentaries, new interviews, lots of great stuff on here. As much as it isn't titled to say why is this only Blu Ray, it's also like the golden age of Hong Kong cinema getting actually properly restored films, actually treated with respect, subtitles and really great extras and contextual historians coming together to provide you with proper appreciation of these movies, and that in itself should be celebrated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I could, of course about the entitlement because it is like, it's it's funny when you step back and like look at the world and everything, and it's like But at the same time, I'm also like, why can't I have it in the best possible quality with all the extras, especially now that I've spent several years making extras. Yeah, I'm like, you know, let's get on the let's get on the best possible That's why I'm glad that Nail Gun Massacre is available in four K from Terror Vision and that we're one of five commentary tracks something.
Speaker 2: Boh. You know what you can get in really great quality is almost every single Oliver Stone film and the next one is Savages from twenty twelve that you can get on four K. Now, this is coming with a brand new four K restoration of the unrated release. Yes, we've got the unrated version on four K. We've also got the theatrical version on Blu Ray and then a new interview with Oliver Stone, interview the producer, a couple of co editors, another producer.
Speaker 4: Lots of stuff coming on this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you love Oliver Stone, you are love and shout Factory over the last handful of months because they are given love to every single one of his titles.
Speaker 3: I'm really glad, like lover hate Oliver Stone. He's a significant filmmaker and his stuff should be available and am preserved in the highest quality for sure. So I'm excited about this. You know, it's funny we're talking about four k's and blu rays. Just last week I interviewed with John Danley, a filmmaker for an upcoming coming special feature, and at the end of the interview, we're just kind of shooting the ship and guy walks hands me something and he's like, hey, do you have a four K player? I'm like yeah, And this is a film director and he's like, I don't have four K player And Amazon sent me this four K set by mistake, I had to get a replacement blue ray you want it? And he just handed me the like sixth film Mission Impossible four K set. And I've only seen the first two of them. So now that'll be my next dumb ass blockbuster series.
Speaker 2: You didn't tell me about that. That's hilarious. You want this, not bad?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's more than we'll probably be That's worth more than we'll probably be paid for the No, I'm just kidding. Close though.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to our next four K. October twenty eighth, Shout is putting out Catch twenty two, the Mike Nichols film from nineteen seventy. He also did the Graduate the Birdcage. This one has a new audio commentary with Drew mcweeney on here. We also got an archival commentary with Mike Nichols and Steven Soderberg. Yeah, four K, Blu Ray Cash twenty two, anything on this one.
Speaker 3: Big fan of the novel, The movie's pretty good. All right. I'm not a huge Nichols fan, but this is top tier Nichols in my opinion.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for a currency joke of some sort and it never came.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: October twenty first, we're getting a four K of the Place Beyond the Pines. This was elaked about a month or two ago, and people were questioning if it was ever in come matter, if it was quietly canceled, And it is here finally, all right? Uh Silent Mandel says he was gonna make the currency joke. Nice. Nice, Let's see Place beyond the Pines. Like I said, October twenty first, you got a new four K restoration approved by the writer and director. No new extras on this one, but you've got audio commentary. Like I said, we got deleted extended scenes and going to the police beyond the Pines. Yeah, I have never seen this one, and this does not look like a Will movie.
Speaker 3: What you don't think I'm a Gosling completist? No?
Speaker 2: Probably not, uh Eva Mendez.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll be. I think that was vaguely sexist.
Speaker 4: Oh not, not vaguely.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: If I knew any of the movies she was in, I would tell you what I thought of her as an actress. Is she in something that I would know?
Speaker 2: There was so much worse than what I said. What if I knew any of her were.
Speaker 3: I just don't know what she's in.
Speaker 2: She was great and the other guys.
Speaker 3: Okay, she's the traadwife, right, talk about sexist eye candy. That's a thankless role. Will Farell. Yeah, No, I heard this was pretty good, but I haven't seen it. No, I've heard it was good.
Speaker 2: But Ryan Gosling is not in like a third of the movie, and supposedly it's real bad after that part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the movie hinges on Gosling's presence.
Speaker 2: Literally, I don't know if that's the case, but hey, Hush. Next title October twenty eighth, four K Steel book of Mike Flanagan's Hush. These are all the exact same discs as Shout has previously released. We're gonna be hearing this over and over again. They are doing this every single month. Be prepared for three to four more steel books. Literally, I don't understand why they're all happening in this giant quantity, but I'm about to say the word steel book like nineteen more times. The Evil Dead steel Book from twenty twelve is now a wide release. This was previously a Walmart exclusive. It's the exact same release. It's just available everywhere. So if you really wanted this steel book and you don't go to Walmart, you finally get an opportunity. They're doing the same thing with the Dark Crystal and a Labyrinth. These were previously Walmart exclusive exclusive steel books. You can get them anywhere. I believe Labyrinth had a disc replacement and these will be the proper discs this time. After it being out for like a year, they are now going to be fixed. Of course Halloween three, because this has never gotten enough releases. October fourteenth, say about Hush, but okay, no, we had.
Speaker 4: Hush is ten minutes ago.
Speaker 2: Halloween three is getting an Amazon exclusive four K steel book on over the record.
Speaker 3: I was going to sing that Paul Abdul song Rush Rush, but with Hush.
Speaker 2: So many musical references today, you.
Speaker 3: Know what, you know, what's weird. I know a lot of the words of that song, all right.
Speaker 2: I was trying to get us through some quick ones, but you're always making us go two step forwards and one step back.
Speaker 3: That's why we come together. Hey, speak speaking of a movie is a Darcy the Male.
Speaker 2: Girl Like Halloween three getting it's one hundred and fourteenth HD release. Ever, this is probably going to.
Speaker 3: Joe Bob appearance though, no.
Speaker 2: H this is probably going to be the case for all of the Halloween films that Screen Factory has the rights to. So this is number three. I think we got five more coming from them, something like that. So here they come.
Speaker 3: I like count Kali Ki is just like say Stanley Kubrick.
Speaker 2: Now he's defending him because Noodles has been attacking him in the chat.
Speaker 4: Jim wantson know for halfway through yet just about I.
Speaker 3: Think we'll never finish.
Speaker 2: Speak for yourself next up October seventh, Amazon exclusive four kse deal book of Child's Play And what's funny, He doesn't look like this in the first film at all. And I'm quite confused why this is the design.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was going to ask if this is the Aubrey Plaza version. So this is the original?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the original nineteen eighty eight. Cathrin Hicks, Alex Fins. Another kind of BS move October seventh. The Widest Kids You Know is getting released in a complete series DVD release, literally digging into the fact that they.
Speaker 3: Are as show.
Speaker 2: They are exploiting a certain thing by literally calling this the Completer edition. And that's because they released this last year.
Speaker 3: People are paying money to Babe.
Speaker 2: Either really wants you to watch the upper his new groove.
Speaker 3: Well, sorry, buddy, I don't see a dime in that. I'm not doing shit. You're throwing into a river that nobody can cross. I'll watch it eventually.
Speaker 2: So The Widest Kid You Know was released last year as a quote complete series, and now it's being released as a completer edition because they actually removed sketches from the last release. Now, what's funny is if you previously purchased that they're willing to give you a discount even though you bought the complete series thinking you were getting the complete series and it wasn't complete. So if you purchased that last one, you can prove that you purchased it and buy this one still for half price. Me.
Speaker 3: That sounds like some white people shit right there.
Speaker 2: That is some white people shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah. This is hey. Hey, you know how you just gave me some of your money, Well, why don't you give me some more? Hey?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a this is a bad move. That being said, I'm glad I never bought the original edition because I do want the whitest kids.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I love the show I've ever seen that.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know much about this, so we're not going to spend a ton of time. But October twenty first, they're doing a Blu Ray release of Evan Gillian one to eleven. You Are Not Alone. It's anime stuff. This is That's all I know. It's a there's a series. These are a couple of the movies This is You Are Not Alone. And then they're also doing You Cannot Advance. This is also coming on Blu Ray on October twenty first, and that's Evangelion.
Speaker 3: Okay, Next.
Speaker 2: We have November twenty fifth, Blu Ray coming great year for hyenas. What subtle marketing will? I love it? November twenty fifth.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine being a safe cracker? I cannot like training your whole life, but like I am the greatest safe cracker there ever was? Right, Like you get recruited by Zack Snyder for Army of Zombies. You know, you know that you're that good at safe cracking, and you're like, I've prepared for every type of safe there is. I've done all the research, the training, I've practiced in my safe cracking gymnasium. And then you crack the safe and there's a motherfucking hyena in it? Who can prepare for that?
Speaker 2: I love that you said motherfucking Like never mind, I don't want to make that. Only you and I would understand. November twenty fifth, Celluloid Dreams is releasing a Blu ray of Hyena in the Safe from nineteen sixty eight. This says, one safe, six keys, six robbers, each expecting their cut of a diamond heist. When they finally meet to divide their spoils after months in hiding, but before they can open the safe that guards their glittering hoard, they are mysteriously killed one by one. With fear and suspicion growing among the shrinking group of survivors, becomes clear that one of them is trying to take all of the diamonds for themselves.
Speaker 3: Glittering Horde sounds like the first LGBTQ death metal band from Scandinavia. They're touring now with a monomarth. Go see him, Glittering Horde.
Speaker 2: I want a death metal logo.
Speaker 3: Of inclusive vikings.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that is amazing. Uh wow. So this is a new HD restore transfer from a studio provided master. We got a commentary track by the owner of Celluloid Dreams, Squidohnkle. We've got Schrodinger's Diamonds, the duplicitous Mystery of Hyena in the Safe, visual essay by Andy Marshall on location Pee Trett and a trailer and that is it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll say that as your name implies.
Speaker 2: Oh that's pretty quick. Good job.
Speaker 4: Will going to our next one.
Speaker 2: October fourteenth, Rarero Video through Keno is putting out a blu ray of Lamberto Baba's Body Puzzle from nineteen ninety two. This was previously released by eighty eight Films. I believe it is now out of print over in the UK. This is the first US Blu Ray release of Bava's film. That's got an audio commentary by Adrian Smith and Rod Barnett from Wild Wild Podcast. We've also got the alternate Italian audio track with optional English subs and a trailer.
Speaker 4: And that is it.
Speaker 3: Baba's Baba's having a good couple of years, isn't he?
Speaker 2: He sure is, Especially with Cauldron's box set Privido.
Speaker 3: You can get more Lamberto Bava on four K right now than you can get Mario Bava.
Speaker 2: It sounded like somebody just tripped over your dishwasher.
Speaker 3: Literally stepping on my joe.
Speaker 2: Let's keep going. October fourteenth, you know, Tino releasing a Blu ray of Death Packs of Suitcase coming to the Keno cult line. This will be number thirty eight in that This is a big deal because it's directed by the one and only mister Jess Franco. Audio commentary by Troy Howarth and Nathaniel Thompson will tell us about Death Packs of Suitcase.
Speaker 3: This is one of his films I haven't seen before. You know. Wow, I have one hundred and five maybe one hundred and six just Franco movies now, which is over half, but just barely. You know. Let's see how many do I actually have here?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Hey, hey dog, one hundred and seven. I have one hundred and seven just Franco movies at this moment. I was going to have one hundred and ten by the end of this year. Now it looks like one hundred and nine.
Speaker 2: You don't have the German version of Doriana Gray or the other ones.
Speaker 3: Oh? Actually, I think I have a blue a DVD of it. Don't didn't Full Moon release the DVD already?
Speaker 4: Probably that sounds right.
Speaker 3: No, I don't have it. Nope, I do not.
Speaker 4: All right, you don't know much about this one.
Speaker 3: I know that I'm going to get it immediately. Yeah, well, I mean this is just exciting. Oh I'm sorry, go ahead, what do you want to say?
Speaker 2: Love this cover art? It sounds good. I've heard this is what one of the earlier is that? Right?
Speaker 4: This is nineteen seventy two, so fairly early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not the first era, but it's not like the ninth era either.
Speaker 3: Death packs the Suitcase aka Second Honeymoon? Am I right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm really excited about this. Like the only thing I know about it is what have read in the Thrower books.
Speaker 2: So well, this is a black glove killer stocks London, packing the suitcases of their victims before murdering them with an exotic dagger. Surrounded by potential suspects, but lacking hard evidence, a smooth talking inspector seeks the help of famous crime novelist Charles Barton. Euro horror filmmaker Jess Franco took a break from his decadent sex thrillers to demonstrate his versatility with this Who done it? Oh?
Speaker 3: So like kind of like Tenebright?
Speaker 4: Isn't it a bit?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: Maybe it started off sounds like it was gonna be a shallo but maybe more of like a straight mystery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you know, you know he loves the Eggar Wallace type stuff.
Speaker 2: Ronnie says, Will has one hundred and seven francos. I have seven, so inadequate. Oh well, you know I've been Yeah, it could be worse, Ronnie, could be zero.
Speaker 3: Well, it could be worse. You could have one hundred and seven.
Speaker 2: October twenty First, Keno is releasing a Soley Main Story from twenty twenty five. This will have the theatrical trailer on it. This is a brand new movie. Has played some festivals and not much else. Not a lot that I can say on This sounds decent. Check it out on the Keynot website. Anything there will This looks all right. This looks good now October twenty First, They're also releasing Monk in Pieces from twenty twenty five. Meredith, composer, performer, and interdisciplinary artist, is one of the great artistic pioneers of our time, yet her profound cultural influence is largely unrecognized. With Monk's music at its center and featuring interviews with Byork and David Byrne, Monk in Pieces is a mosaic that mirrors the structure of Monk's own work and illuminates her wildly original vocabulary of sound and imagery.
Speaker 4: And I must own this. This sounds incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: At first I thought this was like the OCAD detective. I was like, wow, this is his worst night are But no, it's an interdisciplinary performance artist, so this is exactly how they like to do things. It is true.
Speaker 2: October twenty first. They're also doing not Sorry Marlee Mattlin not alone anymore. This is one that a lot of people will recognize because Marley was in the news, especially around CODA. Handful was that twenty twenty that Coda came out. I believe on this one. You've got a Q and A with a director and audio description, some outtakes, a couple other things.
Speaker 4: Check it out if that is your thing.
Speaker 2: I wanted to throw out too and say I think it was in the discord or maybe it was on the show last week. Through some shade towards Keno for just being like a middling let's put everything type, uh, put everything out type of distributor. I love that they put everything out. I really wanted to to applaud them for that because this is the sort of thing nobody else is gonna touch this with a ten foot polls. So when I said that, I didn't mean that as shape, but I got a couple of people talking to me about that last time. So yeah, Keno does incredible stuff, saving things that will never get releases without them.
Speaker 3: What I like I like keen I like that Keno doesn't really have a niche, you know, like they get they get the stuff that I want that nobody else does. Yep, And I don't want a lot of that, but I'm glad. I'm so glad that they're so prolific and Marley Madlin's a freaking national treasure. Reasonable Doubt was a good show.
Speaker 2: Uh. Do we think that anybody will ever release a Holocaust and four K?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 4: Only do I think so?
Speaker 2: I think they have eighty eight films already has beyond that. Grindhouse Releasing in the US has already announced that they will, but that was a long time ago. This is one of those ones that gets announced and it's taken forever. So I would imagine that's probably gonna be coming out pretty soon. I don't think it's their next release, but I think it might be the one after that.
Speaker 3: Actually, I've got the eighty eight. It looks great.
Speaker 2: Next up is three films coming from Keno on October fourteenth, all three French films. We got Copperhood with Jan Pellbaum Jean Paul Belmondo. We've got Last Known Address with Lino Ventura, and then Boomerang with Elaine de Long. Yeah, we got new audio commentaries on these. This one is Howard is Berger Steve Mitchell, Nathaniel Thompson and actually that is all three of them, all three of them, So yeah, check that out. We got some release details for Lionsgates release of The Surfer coming on Blu ray on September ninth. This gets Dolby Atmos Audio. We got an audio commentary with the director, a making of the Surfer, and a trailer. Jay Weber says, is the eighty eight film's version of campbell Holocaust won't the Animal Cruelty X sized?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Because it was released in the UK, it probably is now that you say that, Jay, that is probably correct. I don't remember, but I would imagine that they probably couldn't get it passed if it wasn't cut. Ah, do you remember that being cut? Will?
Speaker 3: Are you done with the jambal Bamanda? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do you want to talk about Bamanda more?
Speaker 3: Nah? Great?
Speaker 2: All right, going to the next one.
Speaker 3: The Silver Surf? Is that the Fantastic four?
Speaker 4: No, this is the Surfer?
Speaker 3: Dude? Do you know how awesome it would have been if Nick Cage have been the Silver Surfer. I mean, I'm glad that they, you know, changed it up, modernized them, but uh, Nick Cage is the silver server talking about Galactus and ship.
Speaker 2: It's just ghost Rider all over again.
Speaker 3: I'm telling ghosts. The second ghost Rider is awesome.
Speaker 2: We we should not litigate this again.
Speaker 3: Beveldeen Taylor can do no wrong. I mean, I guess they hate each other now.
Speaker 4: But what was that first name?
Speaker 2: Neveldene and Taylor? Oh what did you say? I've never heard that name of my life.
Speaker 3: You're not familiar with the Crank movies.
Speaker 2: Not by the name of the director.
Speaker 3: Well, it's two guys, since their last name is hyphenated.
Speaker 2: Nope, sorry, all right, let's talk about Ballerinas and stuff. September ninth, we got a four K Steel book, a standard four K, a Blu ray and a DVD coming from Lions for Ballerina from the World of John Wick. We have Dolby Vision HGR presentation of the film. We got a making of coming on the disc. We've got Building the Underworld, Locations FEATURETTE Dance Between Fire and Ice, Discover how the film stunts, fight choreography and innovative new weapons contributed some of the most intense action sequences, some deleted and extended scenes, and then a reminder that there's also a second alternate steal book coming from Walmart as well.
Speaker 4: Lots of options here.
Speaker 3: Different weapons, shoes, as a mechanical pencil. I guess is that all right?
Speaker 1: Ay?
Speaker 2: We just talked about buor committed ago October twenty fourth. We are getting a four km blu ray here from one little Indie Records of Cornucopia Live. This is a live performance that is all of the tracks on the screen. This is supposedly really beautiful to look at. Buyorke says, I'm so thrilled to share the film for my concert with you. This has become a sorry, this has been a long journey with hundreds of people helping, so beyond enormously grateful to every single one of them. I feel the modern concert film is a matriarchally friendly construct. Welcome to the current climate where female musicians can share their worlds uncorrupted.
Speaker 4: So check this out if you are into it.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I loved about living in rural Appalachia in the early mid nineties. What's that the impact of MTV? Because when Byork became popular in the deep Appalachian Mountains, it was just so fun to hear people say, hey man, you heard that homogenic that she is cool man. That Jork She's cool man. And like, I'm not even kidding. People got the major where I was living, and I loved it. I was like, this is so cool, so great, let's watch this matriarchal concert video.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is kind of weird. But September eighth, Dazzler Media is putting out Traffic on Blu ray in the UK. This is the Soderberg film Traffic that already had a really great Blu ray multiple times over and now this gets a Blu ray. It must have been out of print or not released over in the UK before. But yeah, this is the kind of time I would expect this to be getting some sort of upgrade here soon hopefully. So keep that in mind if you were looking to purchase this.
Speaker 3: Timing suspicious, you know, right right around the time that Dean Kane joins Ice. Okay, you know what we should release Traffic? Okay, Okay, well I understand, I get all the conspiracies.
Speaker 2: Let's take Will to Jamaica. November twenty fifth MVD is releasing a four K and Blu ray release of rockers from nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 3: Oha.
Speaker 2: This is coming as part of their Laser Vision collection and their MVD rewind collection. So depending on which format you get it on. Oh, we got a visitor kitty.
Speaker 3: This is Ansel. Hello, Hi, Hansel's our eighteen year old.
Speaker 4: And this is one of the rescues.
Speaker 3: This is Marlowe as in Philip because he's very noish and marlow just sold three copies of Rockers. Thanks Sam.
Speaker 2: Depending on which version you get will depend on the cover art.
Speaker 4: You get.
Speaker 2: The four K, we'll have the MVD rewind rap on one side and the laser Laser Vision rap on the other side. The Blu ray version, we'll just have the MVD rewind rap.
Speaker 4: Of course that's got some archival extras.
Speaker 2: But also this has a new feature length documentary from the producer, Richard Shankman, about the making of the film, featuring a bunch of interviews, and that's two hours long for MVD rewind that's a lot.
Speaker 3: Actually, Yeah, I think Rockers is a great movie, so I'm excited to see this. I've got a bootleg digital copy that was ripped from a VHS. So this is Manna from Heaven. Yeah, that was Ancel. That's that's our eighteen year old. Ansel's pretty cool, good post on Instagram, our visits, ce Dice spits in concert, great bands Austin, Texas and Marlowe there Ansel doesn't know this, that's the one we're keeping. Well.
Speaker 2: Corn even said he's a keeper. Good luck with all your new six kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well the rest of them?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, will that was so graphic with the movement. You stored it. So hey, let's talk about American Pie. September thirtieth, Universal is releasing a four K steal book.
Speaker 4: Of American Pie.
Speaker 2: Yes, this was released by eighty eight Films fairly recently.
Speaker 3: It's the exact same disc, except.
Speaker 2: I think eighty eight Films might even have an exclusive interview that this is missing. So if you got that other one, you don't need this one. You don't need to get this.
Speaker 3: The American Pie movies.
Speaker 2: Yes, the pinnacle of class. Uh.
Speaker 3: Whenever a millennial lectures me on how sexist my generation is, I'm like, eh, what do you think of American Pie? There? Right, screw you millennials.
Speaker 2: What this tells me is they will likely be doing this for American Pie two as well.
Speaker 3: You want something I like that stiffler guy, what's his name? Sean William Scott William Scott, who was in a great hockey movie called Goon Yeah yeah, and then Final Destination, uh Wrath of Becky where she has to kill Stiffler and his mom. I I like that guy. He was poignant in the final season of Righteous Gemstones. He's a good actor.
Speaker 4: He was also on an episode of Jackass.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 3: The American Pie movies. It's interesting to look at American Pie and see who, like who lasted, yeah, whose careers lasted and everything, and then who kind of dropped off and how they dropped off. And I gotta tell you, I always hated American Pie, but I you know, I ended up, for one reason or another having to see American Pie two an American wedding. And then when American Reunion came out, it was, you know, stupid whatever, some funny stuff but also stupid. But then at the end where they doing the credits and they're showing like pictures of the cast from American Pie and pictures of the cast now that they're all fucking old. Yeah, wept openly in the has the credits rolled.
Speaker 2: I was like.
Speaker 3: They were just kids.
Speaker 2: They didn't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, will we still have forty of these?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not. I can't control the I'm on YouTube just like everybody else.
Speaker 2: I was just letting you know.
Speaker 3: I press a button and nothing happens. Hey.
Speaker 2: September ninth, well Go USA is releasing a blu ray of Ya Dang the Snitch from twenty twenty four. Oh no more. I wonder if I could get that reaction. This is supposedly great. Friend of the show, Josh Hurtado, I believe, is the one saying this was good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I need to check this out.
Speaker 3: Oh here comes your dang.
Speaker 2: American Pie. Will also be getting a Standard four, so if you don't want to see a book, you can pick up the Standard. I'm going quickly through it.
Speaker 3: And the unrated you see more of the non consensual filming of Shanne Elizabeth's character. Oh hey, this is important. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: September thirtieth, we are getting the complete Dracula Legacy collection on four. K uh it is I just saw this comment from whatever he did. Oh god, this is probably the about eighth time that many of us have bought these films. And what I'm gonna get at here this coming out? Uh, this is only and I say only relatively. I understand it's just the Dracula films, but it's being listed at like forty or fifty bucks for a four K collection of these, and this is they're all in four K. They're all in four K.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, Tracula's Daughter's going good.
Speaker 2: We got Dracula, Dracula's daughter, We've got Son of Dracula, House of Frankenstein. How Subtracula?
Speaker 3: What about the Spanish Racula?
Speaker 4: It's there four K.
Speaker 2: No way, yes, way, having Topella meet Frankenstein. All of these in four K. And so this is a four disc set. It's not like a ton of disks. But to get them all in four K, what that tells me is they will eventually be doing a complete Universal Monsters collection of four K, most likely because that old Blu Ray four K. Yeah, that old Blu Ray release that started pretty expensive and they got down to like seventy bucks. If they can start just Dracula at like forty or fifty, they're gonna be able to do all of them for like two hundred and fifty bucks or three hundred for all of them in four K.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, crazy.
Speaker 2: All right. September thirtieth is gonna be a busy day for a lot of people because on that same day they're also doing a four K collection of the Purge, all five films in four K. This is I believe the first time that this has been released in all, all five of these in a collection together in four K. And yeah, this is a good looking set. It's got ten discs Blu ray and four K of all of them.
Speaker 3: Well, Purge in your wallet.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, indeed. Next up, speaking of Universal Monsters, they are doing the Bride of Frankenstein in the four K steal Book.
Speaker 4: We talked about this a couple.
Speaker 2: Of weeks ago because standalone four K steal book ad just bride up for this was coming out in the UK, and now we got confirmation this is happening here in the US as well, so we don't need to spend any more time on there. But again, September thirtieth, busy day. September twenty third, how many more like thirty five? I wasn't kidding what n We.
Speaker 3: Usually go to three in the morning.
Speaker 2: Bro, Oh, maybe we're you all right, won't you? I do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're.
Speaker 2: September twenty third, they are putting out from Magnolia a Blu ray of forty Acres that came out this year starring Daniel Deadweiler. Will almost had the opportunity to see this with this week and chose not to.
Speaker 3: That's next week.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's next week. It's a good movie. Everybody should watch forty Acres. It's pretty good. Sat in the theaters here just a couple of weeks ago, and it's worth it. I'm just thrown shade for fun. This is deleted scenes. I kind of want to see those for this movie, specifically, just the two of us from music Box getting a standard edition being released widely. We just talked about that over through OCN. So just let you know, hey, I wanted to stop on this one for a minute and highlight some things because I realized that a lot of people see this and don't understand that this is like a full magazine. So I want to take this down and highlight some of the things that we have in here. We've got full issues, We've got highlighting some releases. We've got Blossy that is Eugenia or Kalani from Italy talking about The Last Shark, all of the physical media releases for the entire month of August that are English friendly, all in a chronological list so that you can highlight the ones that you want. We've got a memorial section for Malcolm Jamaal Warner. We've got a highlight of Sinnicon at festival coming up in Beverly Hills from the one and Only Connor Holt, who's in the chat earlier. We've got an interview with Aaron West, who's in the chat earlier, by Ryan Gawand who's in the chat earlier. This is a piece on Burt Reynolds from Ryan, and a piece on task Master by stand Geezy.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: This is a lot of actual film analysis and criticism and really great research. There's highlights of a label in here. Near the end, there is Q and a section Jeremy Long in La goes to these things and since these aren't recorded, he like takes notes and records them himself and then share some information with all of us so that you can hear some of these things that are said in these events.
Speaker 4: But yeah, check it out.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a pretty pretty worthwhile publication in my opinion.
Speaker 4: And uh, yeah it was.
Speaker 2: It was a really fun cover this month, and I'm I'm really excited because last month we did the Black and white cover and then to contrast with it, very psychedelic cover.
Speaker 3: This month from Cthulhu to Burt Reynolds.
Speaker 2: Man, Uh, what the heck did you hear? Lonnie Anderson died? Did the Pima Art tour in?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah? Man, it's been a bad month. Well, I mean every month seems like it's terrible for death. I'm sad Lannie Anderson and Ozzie and Malcolm Jamal Warner just like did me well yeah, and whole Cogan. You know, I know a lot of people were like guys a scab and or you know, a union buster and all these other terrible things that he did. All true, but still sad. Made me sad. I'm sad with but I'm I'm even sad with politicians die. Death saddens me weird that way.
Speaker 2: You're weird that way, yes, h.
Speaker 3: Like, if there's somebody I don't like, I'd rather torture them get have them die. You know, death is a sweet release from what I'd rather do to him.
Speaker 2: Uh, all right, I'm gonna I'm gonna run with that transition. Uh. Seven is announced that they are replacing the disc for The Devil's Wedding Night and they're Donza Macabre Volume four that they just released. This was only for the people that bought it direct from their website. U just a heads up that it's not it wasn't widely released yet. But the weird thing here is that there was a manufacturing here. The lacquer that goes on the outside of the disc was just not properly set and so it literally didn't work. What's crazy, though, is this is affecting multiple labels right now. Terror Vision had to replace one of the discs because of that, and that is shipping over the next week.
Speaker 4: And there's another.
Speaker 2: Who I think there's a third one that also had to quietly replace some things recently. But yeah, the manufacturing arm of everything happening in a couple of plants really questionable practices at the moment, Chris, the friendship is not being replaced because of the lacquer. That that is a funnier thing, but we'll talk about that in just a minute. That's just because they sent out the wrong labeled disc.
Speaker 3: Did you see in the The news has been run in a couple of stories about this. As a result of of Zimpic, a lot of restaurants are now serving smaller portions, and I think that's so funny because like you can always do that, right, you know, like, uh, it's so funny. It's really funny to look back at like, you know, the fifties, you know, maga at h at the size of fast food meals which are smaller than happy meals now. Yeah, like the culpability of the of the food product industry. Uh oh right, And our six sixty six has a question.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean this has been answered very very very many times by terrorists.
Speaker 3: Should be it should be reinforced.
Speaker 2: Well sure, but what what I'm just trying to say is that the Terror Vision is one of the better companies about being publicly transparent about a lot of the issues that have come up. The biggest one you're saying since February, so I'm assuming that that is Suddenly in the Dark. Suddenly in the Dark has been referred to as the Cursed release because in the QC process there was a visual glitch that was found and when they fixed that glitch, it ruined the rest of the master and they had to go in and fix the entire thing. And then when it got manufactured, there was a problem with the disc itself, and when they got that fixed. The packaging came in wrong, and when that all came together, they found out that the Blu ray disc for it, the laquer, was not proper, just like this Severn disc that we're talking about. And what's crazy is it's not all of the releases. So when they're testing some in house before they ship out the shipment, they're working and then like every so often, somebody's getting a disc saying that it's it's jacked up. So it's a problem for sure. The other thing, go ahead, I jumped the gun, you go go ahead, Devil's so it had to have a replacement disc because the manufacturer screwed that up as well. A handful, a smaller percentage, but it's still a significant margin. We're screwed up and not playing in people's things. But again, all of this is not on tear Vision. They got screwed over by their manufacturers, their standards, that manufacturers paying to replace all of that. And then when Severn or not Severn, when Tearvision got the bundle of packaging for that third title that was supposed to be shipping at the same time, Children of Violent Rome, more than half of their shipment of the packaging was delivered damaged and they had to get that replaced. So it was a lot of problems, back to back to back to back. And now finally most of those are shipping now except for Suddenly in the Dark. Some of them are still waiting on that pre fixed disc, but that will The rest of that stuff will be here in the next week and then it'll all go out to wholesalers like Orbit and Diabolic and all that and everybody will have it.
Speaker 4: It's a lot happening.
Speaker 3: I'll say this because I'm not a shill for Terror Vision.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding. I mean, obviously I've worked on several of their releases with you, but yeah, I'm in the same boat, you know. I gotta I ordered Suddenly Wait what some lane that are somewhere to y along with like ten other titles, and because they all ship together, I'm still waiting to and it's been it's been quite a while. But yeah, I get small company having these issues being transparent. I think the I think the main problem with with Terror Vision is that, like, and I can say this is having some inside baseball knowledge, Like they've got so many freaking awesome titles that are coming that sometimes they say them before they should, you know what I mean. And I know that they're talking about like not announcing stuff until they actually have shit in hand, which is actually caused me to not be on some of the releases. No bitterness and all, but like the delays for Terror Vision, like I'll give them absolutely the benefit of doubt because their quality control is such that when they catch a problem, they're like, Nope, we're stopping until we fix it.
Speaker 2: So on the note of Terror Vision, I did want to point out that they I say they we are doing a live show tomorrow at five pm Eastern to kick off the thirteen weeks of Halloween, and that'll be live on this channel and on the TerrorVision channel.
Speaker 3: I can say this. Wait, I saw some extras today that are going to be on one of the titles that are announced that the extras were worth the cost of the package.
Speaker 2: Like it's a good duck better than the movie. All right. Moving on from here, we got some details on Jurassic World Rebirth. This is coming on September ninth on four K Steel Book, Standard, four K Blu Ray, and dB D. This is the newest Jurassic World movie. It's going to have Dolby vision and Delby atmost. We got an alternate opening, some deleted scenes, a whole bunch of featurettes. The cool thing here, too, is we've got two audio commentaries on a Jurassic Park movie. Wow.
Speaker 3: I mean that's for a studio film. That's a big deal. I can't wait to hear what they have to say. So and SO was so great to work with. Oh wow, they're wonderful. What a genius. We bought a zoo too, Harassic World, Yes, yeah, fuck these movies next.
Speaker 2: Okay, The Corpse Bride getting a deluxe four K release over in the UK on September twenty second. We talked about this last week, so I'm not going to spend a ton of time, but this is one of those times where the UK gets a better version of what's coming out in the US. So if you love this movie, it's a little bit more. You can get this from places like Brother Belile and Orbit. Usually this will have a rigid slipcase, a steal book, a double sided poster, a couple double sided posters, a zine. Even in this some art cards and stickers and yeah, I love this movie.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I loved watching this with Helen when she was like a little kid and realizing that it's a necrophiliac movie, you know, like we're basically watching necromantic Yeah, the kid's version.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So yeah, that's Corpse Pride. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I haven't been this excited about DVD releases since nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 2: Will Karin wants to know if you've seen the new Predator.
Speaker 3: Trailer, the cartoon, or the one where teenage Predator is the good guy teenage Predator for sure, I'm not super stoked about that. You know, it's like Megatron is a teenager. What I don't I don't feel comfortable.
Speaker 2: With like.
Speaker 3: Teenage male predator like finding himself with the help of a woman's Torso, yes, I don't know. It feels weird to me. It's the Predator man like Predator one, Predator two.
Speaker 2: The end.
Speaker 3: I don't recognize the rest. Okay, Predator two is the best predator, say that, come at me whatever. Predator one is the second best Predator and the other predators do not exist. Definitely, the Predator where a neuro diversion kid is the key to I don't know what the movie that was or that the predators are after the Diversion Kid I don't know. And now it's teenage Predator with the fucking Hairdoo demo Predator. Pray, Ronnie, thank you, pray. It is the third best Predator movie. All right, I recognize a trilogy.
Speaker 2: All right, let's uh, let let's talk about some Skinmax titles. Remember, twenty fifth, we are getting four more DVDs from the MVD Entertainment Group line that they call skin Max. From nineteen ninety six, we get Alien Abduction, Intimate Secrets, and dream Master The Erotic Invader. Same day, we are also getting Cell Block Sisters and Caged Hearts, both of those from nineteen ninety five. We are also getting a strip Tease The Exotic Dance The Greatest Exotic Dancers and Taboo The Beginning of Erotic Cinema, both of those from two thousand and four, and finally Forbidden Games and Forbidden Games Too Smooth Operator, both from nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 3: I've actually seen the documentary Taboo and it's pretty decent, like actual history, not just titillation. Yeah, I mean, what do you say?
Speaker 2: These come out for somewhere between ten and twelve bucks and they never go on sales. So if you want these, this will be the best time to get them if you're into it. Uh. The hard part is, I know a lot of people scoff when they hear DVDs. Uh, these are the best the elements are gonna be and for them to be able to release these, uh, this is the only way that we're ever going to get these titles. We don't have HD elements for these films.
Speaker 4: We don't have.
Speaker 3: But that's fine. I think, well, they're covered in I think some of these are covered in Uh we kill.
Speaker 2: From Love they I believe all of these are actually.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The hard part is a lot of people are complaining that these are DVD and not Blu Ray or four K or whatever. These were never going to be four K. But the reality is, if you are into the films like these, this is going to be the best we get of these eight films.
Speaker 3: If you're into film like these, you probably have a lot of DVDs anyway, if you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: The hard part, Uh, the hard part is, Uh, with this line, we actually don't know if these are cut or uncut and to they show up. Some of the previous ones in this line had been cut and the MVD. Honestly, the way they put them out, MVD doesn't even know if they're cut until they until somebody watches them and tells them and they saw the original version. Because they don't even know the films, they're basically just getting these and throwing them on a disc and releasing them.
Speaker 3: I saw a Shad Day and concert in twenty eleven speaking a smooth operator, and it was one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. You may not be aware of this, but I am a huge shot a fan have all of her work and this was the Soldiers of Love tour and John Legend open for her, and like, this is how amazing Shadday is. John Legend opened for her and like nobody gave a shit. They were just like, get off the stage, John Legend. We're here for one reason only and she has nothing to do with for picking games too or anything. I just had the memory.
Speaker 2: Cool. Yeah, let's talk about the next thing.
Speaker 4: This was mentioned a little bit ago.
Speaker 2: A twenty four is doing a replacement disc for their movie Friendship, and this is why this is the disc for Friendship or if you'll notice there is no picture of a toad like they advertised there would be. But also there's not even the words A twenty four on this. The company here is V I think it's VV, Yeah, VVS Films. This is the Canadian release of Friendship. This is supposed to be on that disc, and the US disc was supposed to be the A twenty four branded one. So in manufacturing they put the either the label on the wrong disc or we got sent to the Canadian discs.
Speaker 3: So are you saying the Canadians got are toads. Nope, but the Canadian the Canadians aren't supposed to get toads at all. No, no toads at all, just to toads. The Canadians get no toads. Correct, no toads for Canada. Correct, the toads have been tariffed. Correct, there's a twenty five percent tariff on toads.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 4: Way way too toad to the political line. Uh, that's it.
Speaker 2: If you are needing the replacement disc, you can email A twenty four. I got the email address listed there, and it.
Speaker 3: Is they're gonna revise the books so that Canada just gets frog.
Speaker 2: It says the word frog and sharp eat. Uh to email A twenty four. It's shop at E twenty four Films dot Com.
Speaker 3: Hey Big got the joke of the night, KB got the joke of the night. Oh oh, there we go. This is what I've been waiting for.
Speaker 2: September sixteenth, Sony Pictures Classics, Blu Ray Coming of This Is My Father from nineteen ninety eight, starring Aiden Quinn, James Kahn, Joan sorry not Joan, her brother, John John Cusick, and Brendan Gleeson And uh, yeah, tell me have you I assume you've seen this one?
Speaker 3: Will? Oh my god? You know what?
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 3: Movies about straight white men not talking about their emotions.
Speaker 2: Oh have I got seventy three years of cinema for you?
Speaker 3: I can't I can't wait to watch two hours of men failing to say what they feel and then like golfing it out, calfing. I don't know. I don't know anything about.
Speaker 2: We already talked about Happy Gilmore to today.
Speaker 3: I don't know anything about this movie, but I can tell you from from my personal prejudice, I have zero interest.
Speaker 2: Cool. Next up, VCI is releasing Out of Season from nineteen seventy five with Vanessa Redgrave.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's VCI and Vanessa Redgrave.
Speaker 3: I don't know this based on what I'm looking at. I prefer it to the last movie.
Speaker 2: I get that. Also from VCI, this is coming on November eleventh. We are getting Laurel and Hardy The Definitive Restorations, Volume number two. This covers from nineteen twenty nine to nineteen thirty five. Included our eight of Laurel Hardy's most celebrated short films, Mini War, Perfect Day, Blotto and Other Fine mess Dirty Work Going by.
Speaker 4: By Them, Thar Hills, and Tit for Tat.
Speaker 2: All. Kinds of extras coming on These different versions of things also include some feature film trailers and some some restored items as well. These are coming with all new four K, remastered original thirty five millimeter nitrates. Yeah, lots of cool stuff.
Speaker 3: If you love Lauren Hardy, now this is how not to talk about your emotions. I love it.
Speaker 2: I'll be.
Speaker 4: Right next up.
Speaker 2: Hey, we knew this was going to happen eventually, but Reanimator getting a standard four K and Blu ray release on November eleventh. You can pre order this now on Amazon. This is still sitting at fifty dollars. Not sure if this is going to go down very much, but it's got all of the extras that are on the big set. It's it's a great looking disc. The film looks fantastic and a re animator pretty hot take good movie.
Speaker 3: If there was ever a movie worth plunking down fifty dollars for, come on, I don't I'm not complaining about this all right.
Speaker 2: Then, next up, potentially the biggest news of the week and maybe of the month so far. Images Sarah Smith came out and put a blog post up on Criterion to announce that the Eclipse Line is back and making its way to Blu Ray. This is going to be starting in November, and uh, this is gonna be starting with a box set of Kiristami early shorts and features. That's a huge deal obviously. Uh, this is really damn exciting. The big thing is her her exact quotes in here. We're going to be upgrading some of the most popular titles as well as PSU producing brand new sets. We'll be kicking off the series relaunched with the new release of Kiirristami's early films. And then they say, in the coming months you can look forward to a clip sets of the six Extraordinary features directed by Canuyo Tanaka, Japan's first successful woman director. Five searingly radical documentaries from the husband and wife team of Kazu O'Hara and SiO.
Speaker 4: It's a Chico Kobayashi.
Speaker 2: And We'll Get You Singing and Dance with Blu Ray upgrades of Carlosaurres Electrifying Flamenco Trilogy, and Erst Lubitsch's joyously risque pre Code Musicals. Also in the pipeline are sets devoted to the early films of Reuben Ausland and the revolutionary cinema of Sarah Gomez and They Say. With the relaunch of Eclipse, Criterion reaffirms its commitment to making the full richness of film history accessible with the reliable permanence of physical media. Each release will use the best available materials and feature an essay in which an excerpt an expert will share historical context and insight about the films.
Speaker 3: I kid you not, I was planning on one of my like topics to talk with you about this week was the Eclipse series and how I have the complete Eclipse series and wondered if it was done for good, you know. To coincide with Criterion fully shifting into four K production, and then this announcement comes out, and I thought to myself, damn it, I'm gonna have to upgrade forty some box sets over the next several years. Agnes Varda and Chantal Ackerman and all but one of the titles in the early ingmar Bergmann said have already been upgraded. One of the lyrists of Chapeko films has been upgraded. But most of the forty seven I think Eclipse box sets, which range from like two to six movies each, are all just DVD, including two Curacurasawa sets.
Speaker 2: The Nakatsu Noir set is very popular.
Speaker 3: I mean, what the hell? And then for them to come out with all these kiarostamis that have never been available up before. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Keep in mind that they did say they're upgrading some of the most popular box sets, not all.
Speaker 3: They're doing them all. They're going to do the hockey kars Makis, They're going to do the freaking uh silent Obayashi's I don't know, Narusa silent Maruss Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: I do want to point out to the other information that I buried in a kind of funny way in this post here that in a video interview, Kidd and Play announced that house Party is coming to four K from Criterion in November, So that means next week on the fifteenth, So either next Friday or the following Monday, we are likely going to be getting full details of this Kiristami box set and Kidden plays house Party on four K coming from Criterion. Hell yeah, and uh will I don't think I told you about this? Really funny today, Randomly Kid didn't Play followed me on Instagram.
Speaker 3: That is so lucky. Tell them I loved their Saturday Morning cartoon. Kidd and Play played. They came and performed at my collegees I skipped it. I think it was my twentieth reunion. I should have gone to see Kidden play, but I didn't because I didn't want to see anybody that I went to school with. Smart Well, you know, Brick and house Party official announce this upcoming.
Speaker 4: Wait, it literally could be next week.
Speaker 3: We've got the message like this all the news worth knowing Kupbrick and Kidden play. If only he had lived to make House Party five.
Speaker 2: Kubrick cann't playing Kirstammy all the wait?
Speaker 4: Why do have to be three?
Speaker 3: Get out? Which? Now? Which now itself has more residents.
Speaker 2: That was pretty good. Nicely did Jesus christ Man?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you are the whitest.
Speaker 4: Kid, all right?
Speaker 2: Anything else about Eclipse, I'm excited. That's a big deal. This, Uh, some of the stuff that is inevitably going to get upgraded is very important. The Eclipse series one of the bedrocks of Criterion over the last however many years since the first one. I am thrilled to see what they might be able to do. And this is like the definition of film restoration and archiving things in the best possible way that we can. And you know that they're gonna have to do things like the Kursaua stuff.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'll tell you man, Well, all right, I hope Eclipse as a place for more shorts too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree, all right, Moving right along, another kind of a big deal announcement. Okay, Ronny First, Keno is releasing a four K and blu ray release of Rampage from nineteen eighty seven and nineteen ninety two. How is that the case? Well, this is a freakin film that was made and let's see, this has the director's cut.
Speaker 3: The freaking film that was made.
Speaker 2: A whole conect The Director's cut premiered in some festivals in nineteen eighty seven, and then it was shell for five years, and once it was shelved in nineteen ninety two, Miramax acquired the film and the film was then edited by five minutes and it got a long overdue theatrical release and now here it is on home video. This is brand new HDR Dolby Vision Masters from the Ocean and thirty five millimeter Interpositive. We had new commentaries by Howardsberger and Nathaniel Thompson.
Speaker 4: On both cuts of the film. Wow and Yeah.
Speaker 2: We also got two new interviews, one with Alex MacArthur and then true crime writer Harold Scheckter is on us as well.
Speaker 3: We're getting close to complete, freaking very close.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I want to point out Jay Weber did correct this, but asked when we were going to get a Blu ray upgrade from mister Aladdin. And I do want to see a mister Aladdin movie. I want to see mister Arkaden starring Aladdin. I think that would be awesome.
Speaker 2: Yes, Ozoo, I'm sure will be high up on that.
Speaker 3: You're just ignoring me, whatever, Jay Weber, I see you, and Noodles is right too. The Atsu films Holy cow wow, oh wow, oh No, De Sinner, as usual disappoints me. The Birthday, which I do not yet have, I guess is out of print. Is that what I'm hearing?
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: De Sinder says, unless you bought the Birthday or Forever out of luck. Ah, well I didn't, so I guess I am. Oh I was thinking about of luck.
Speaker 4: I just bought the five.
Speaker 3: Four disc four disc Blu Ray collection of Airport Movies.
Speaker 4: We talked about this last week.
Speaker 2: Keino was saying that they might have to delay their Airport four K and Blu Ray releases, and they had to chose for it. They had they had to change the key art, and this is already the new key art, and this is going to still be coming out on time.
Speaker 4: It looks like it will still be coming on on September thirtieth. It is not delayed. It is on time. But that is very funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then when you go to buy it, somebody in line in front of you is gonna be causing a problem.
Speaker 2: Might you have to take your shoes off?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, just they'll be trying to return something without a receipt. Yeah, and he'll be like, God, damn it, I just want to buy this airport.
Speaker 2: All right. Next one, September twenty second, Second run Over in the UK is releasing Wendy and Lucy. Uh, this is Kelly Whichart film? This was released in the US by Oscilloscope, one of their bigger titles that they've put out.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: This gets a brand new two K master on this release approved by right Cart. Uh. We got Andrea Luca Zimmernman and uh so myr in conversation about the film. We've got a book of a new writing by Elena Gorfinkel and more extras coming as well. Have you seen Wendy and Lucy?
Speaker 4: Good movie?
Speaker 3: I love Kelly right Art?
Speaker 2: Uh right Art's best film? Or do you do you have a different opinion there?
Speaker 3: I mean I really like old Joy. I really what's that Western?
Speaker 6: She made?
Speaker 3: Makes cut Off?
Speaker 4: Makes Cutoff is really cool?
Speaker 3: I love that. I showed that in my Western's class and half the class was like, but then the other class, the other half was like, this is the greatest movie that has ever been made.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was.
Speaker 3: Really cool to see. To see, you know, nineteen twenty year old's being watching a movie that is that slow and subtle, yeah, and being like enthralled, Yeah, and like I didn't look at my phone for two hours. That's weird for me. So I wouldn't say Winning Lucy is my favorite, but it's awesome. I mean, I'm picking this up because I think what was the previous release again, Oscilloscope that's out of print?
Speaker 2: Right, No, I mean they're they're limited versions out of print, but just the standard blue is in print.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, well then I don't have it yet. Maybe I'll just I'll get them both. I love you, my Soloscope.
Speaker 2: Well I think I have an Oscilloscope release of this you can have, So I'm not a charity case. Hey, let's talk about maybe the second biggest news of the week. Radiance has announced a new line. I wrote this as a hosted label. It's kind of a weird clarification to make, but they are starting something called Transmission. This is a new imprint for UK blu ray and four k HD releases, focusing on offbeat, cult classics and underappreciated genre filmmaking, equally inspired by late night TV oddities all night cinemas such as the Skaala and forty second Street, grindhouses, and the video shop experience of the eighties and nineties. Transmission will invite new audiences to recapture that same thrill of discovery, but its upcoming slate of Left of the Dial, UHD and Blu Ray titles. We're gonna talk about the first title in just a minute, but future transmission titles will include Underseen Genre Gems, an offbeat cult classic about the perils of movie making, an acclaimed touchstone of nineteen seventies horror, and one of the most outrageous black comedies of the eighties. All currently planned title will be receiving their UK Blu Ray premiers. Some more info on this was posted in the Radiance Discord, so I wanted to share that with everybody here. This will not be a part of their subscription. It's like a sub label for them, but they're treating it kind of as one of their hosted labels. So like Rarero Video Is and any other labels that have teamed up with them over there, they are helping with the curation of this line, but it's not all fran curating it, which is another reason why it will be a bit different. Fidelity Emotion is doing the encoding on this, which is great, which means this will likely look a hell of a lot better than the keynot release of the same film that we're about to talk about. There will not be new titles from Transmission every single month, but they've already licensed about seven or eight and they're also working on more titles for this line, and then they want to broaden their slate, but their their main line of radiance titles. They didn't want to feel like they were like muddying the waters around their main radiance titles, So this is where some of those genre films will come into play. And essentially fran is just killing it. This is a really great choice and they're gonna.
Speaker 3: Be great radions live trans Missa.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about their first transmission and that is Night of the Juggler. This is getting a four K and Blu ray release. This is going to be a dual format release. This is going to be coming on November seventeenth. Pre order start tomorrow morning here, in like six hours or so, this will be available to purchase as far as all of the extras. If you want to compare to the Keno side, I believe the Kenot has an exclusive commentary that is not on this release. However, this one encoded by Fidelity Motion, so it's already superior on the picture quality. And then as far as extras, new commentary is Kim Newman and Sean Hogan, new interview with James Brolin, new interview with Julie Carmen, new interview with Dan Hedea. There's a Night of the Juggler locations tour with Michael Gingold and Chris Coles. I believe all of those are on the Keynote release. As well as far as something new, there's a new visual essay on the depiction of New York in the eighties or sorry, the seventies and eighties by Howard s. Berger. There is an inquest into Sidney J. Fury's Night of the Juggler by Daniel Kramer, who literally wrote the book on Sydney J. Fury, And then Trailer's poster Gallery, Steel Gallery, all that fun stuff, plus a pull out poster and six lobby style postcards, and a forty page book with new writing from Glenn Kenny, Barry Forshaw and Travis Woods. All of this will be limited to five thousand copies. And in other words, this is going to do very well.
Speaker 3: Nice well Ni the Jugglers coming around to the Alamos as well.
Speaker 2: So it is yes, yeah, this is a big deal. This release is going to be legendary. This looks like the one to get no shade to the Keno release. But if you are either a fan of this movie or new to this movie, you're excited about this movie and you want to go in on the quality, this looks to be the one that wins in my.
Speaker 3: Book at least. Shit, dan Adeye is dead.
Speaker 2: He has been dead for a while. Yes, Oh man, do we just ruin your night again?
Speaker 3: I really didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Sorry, all right, let's carry on. Kind of surprising. August twenty sixth, the Emergency exclamation Point is getting a complete series Blu Ray. There is going to be the Adam twelve crossover episode Lost and Found included on this as well. Yeah, are you an Emergency fan?
Speaker 3: I have no idea what that is.
Speaker 2: It's a TV show, I mean yeah, I picked up on that.
Speaker 4: It's every Day a Fast.
Speaker 3: In fact, I think I know what it's about. But is this what years?
Speaker 2: Is this around seventy two to seventy nine?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Oh okay, this is okay? This is older. Okay, Yeah, my TV consciousness starts a round like chips a night Rider.
Speaker 2: Yeah that makes sense. So then did you watch much of a Little House on the Prairie.
Speaker 3: Well, I lived that life.
Speaker 2: This is also getting a complete series Blu ray release coming from Lionsgate on September ninth.
Speaker 4: This has been out.
Speaker 2: Oh, Wikipedia says Dan Hedeia is alive.
Speaker 3: Okay, then, thank you. I grew.
Speaker 2: Are you trying? Are you trying to start rumors? How?
Speaker 3: It's really upset you. I should never believe anything since I.
Speaker 2: Thought I thought he died too, like in twenty twenty. I didn'tink it was ten years or anything.
Speaker 3: I only recently learned how to pronounce that fucker's name. I love Little House in the Prairie. Well, you know, if you grew up in the eighties, Little House in the Prairie and Highway to Heaven were stables. Yeah, even if you were a godless heathen like me. Highway to Heaven was awesome because you were watching for the couple episodes where Michael Andam would get mad and use his angel abilities to fuck somebody up, you know, and then I have to do penance. Yes, And it's similar to Little House in the Prairie because you know, he's doing penance all the time. Basically like everyone who lives on the prairie, you know, they're like, oh, free land, and then they get there and they're like shit, you know what I mean? Yes, So I loved I love this show. There was a character named Will I think, Am I right?
Speaker 4: I believe so? So I came in like halfway through or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, which is a story of my life. Oh man, we're debating Dandaya's existence.
Speaker 2: Well, as I just said in the chat, I can't find a single article talking about Dan Hodea dying.
Speaker 3: You know, it would be hilarious if Dan Hodaeya was in the stream. Come on in, d is a Blu Ray collector. He's like, wait.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Little House on the Prairie. These had been released previously on standalone single releases Blu Ray seasons, but they've been at a print for some time. So this getting a standalone full series Blu Ray release is pretty damn cool. I know this isn't everybody's cup of tea, But the big thing is the price on this. I thought this was going to be much more expensive than it is. If you go look on movies ing right now, this is like one hundred and eighty dollars and if you go over to Deep Discount you can use the I think it's still the lower price from earlier. You can use their discount and get this for as low as like one fifteen something like that.
Speaker 3: Oh, we got Matthias from swedensan Halla.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Good morning from Sweden.
Speaker 3: Halla, Matthias? I, uh, well, I don't need the Motherlands for me.
Speaker 2: I don't need to change the subject back to music. But a band I love us from Sweden and they're teasing a new album for the first time in like twelve years. I'm stoked on that.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about what's that name, Sahara, Hot Nines or something?
Speaker 4: Blind Side?
Speaker 3: I don't know how the fuck that is.
Speaker 2: I love the band blind Side. Hey, let's talk about BFI for a minute. BFI. On October thirteenth, they're releasing a four K of Eyes Without a Face. This will be a competing release with the Umbrella release and the Criterion release of the same film. This is gonna have a new audio commentary by Alexander Heller Nicholas, some archival extras, and then in the first pressing a booklet with some archival essays. And this is probably gonna have the best encoding if that's important to you. This I believe should be done by fidelity in motion.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, great movie.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Shout out to Noodles for calling for a weird science TV show to be released. Yeah, man, Eyes without a shape, Eyes without a face, can't wait. Yeah, that's gonna be great. Well, yes, where are we at.
Speaker 2: You're in North Carolina. We are three and a half hours deep into the stream.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well, so my genetic background is Swedish and so I was just saying, han times I'd like to move there. They've got really you know, you think we got immigration problems. They got strict rules. Holy cow. Yes, anyway, Sweden.
Speaker 4: They're all right, all right, going to the next one.
Speaker 2: We what October sixth, the UK is getting its first standalone Blu Ray release of Jean Dilman, what is currently voted as the greatest film of all time according to Sit and Sound. There is nothing new on this disc, but it's the first time it's been released on its own. And if you want this and don't want the whole chantel Ackerman set. This is the way to get it over in the.
Speaker 3: UK offensive, get it all. But yeah, this is a great movie.
Speaker 4: All right. Next up, this is the one that's most exciting to me.
Speaker 2: On October thirteenth, VFI is releasing volume four of Short Sharp Shocks as part of their flip sideline.
Speaker 3: What are we laughing at? Tell What's in there?
Speaker 2: Tell me what we're laughing at?
Speaker 3: I just said it three times fast and laughed at how it's sounded enough.
Speaker 2: This features an uncanny cornucopia of ingenious micro budget shockers, astonishing award winning what are we still laughing at?
Speaker 3: People with their adjectives, Man and their adverbs are just hilarious.
Speaker 2: To me, televisual twist in the tale, weirdness, breathtaking fantasy film spectacle, blood spattered rarities, petrifying public information frighteners, and evocative avant garde experiments, all offering up oodles of atmosphere. We've got nineteen forty eight's The Fatal Night, Death in the Hand, Strange Experiences, Halloween Party, Strange Experiences, The Laughing Clown Night Ride, Mirror Mirror. Then on disc two, Scarecrow Read Sanctum, Play Safe, Frisbee, Play Safe, Electricity. Black Angel. Black Angel, I believe, is one that played in theaters before one of the Star Wars movies, and this is the first time that it's got a home video release.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, anybody who writes copy for these boutiques better never talk shit about David Friedman, you know, like the ballyho in these product descriptions. The the artful deployment of adverbs and adjectives is striking, not just for this release but for all of them.
Speaker 2: And I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm here for it, as the kids say.
Speaker 2: We do have some new interviews on the disc as well, and there is an illustrated booklet with some contributions in essay form. Yeah, this is going to be a pickup for me for sure, and for everybody's saying this artwork sucks, it does say not final artwork at the bottom they are going to be working on new artwork by Graham Humphreys.
Speaker 4: Oh well, the decent artist, as they say, why not.
Speaker 2: Adam giving me the exact meaning of what I was getting at here. Black Angel was played before Empire Strikes Back in the theater, and yeah, I believe this is the first time that it is on home video.
Speaker 4: At all, which is really cool.
Speaker 2: All right. Next up is nineteen ninety eight's Hillary and Jackie. This is coming on Blu Ray on October twenty seventh over in the UK from BFI.
Speaker 3: And now we're in the releases that I've been waiting for.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is supposedly really great.
Speaker 4: Have you seen this one?
Speaker 3: Hell? Yeah? If there's a cello in and I'm all over.
Speaker 2: That shit, I don't know if that is serious or not. So all right, love Cello's.
Speaker 4: All right, Yeah, this sounds like a really interesting story at least.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 2: All right, you should try to the next one.
Speaker 3: Hey. You know what, Hey, there's a lot of tension in that movie. That Cello's. That's not just a musical instrument, it's a metaphor.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: November seventeenth, Priest is getting released by BFI. This is from nineteen ninety four. This is the first time on Blu Ray for the award winning British nineteen nineties drama directed by Antonio Byrd, written by Jimmy McGovern. This is one that I've heard a lot about a few times, and yeah, this sounds good. I got a bunch of extras on here, we've got some archival stuff. And then the priest from nineteen fifty three to twenty two minute award winning documentary is gonna be on here, and the illustrate a booklet in the first pressing as well.
Speaker 3: Oh man, you know, you know what I love more than anything, priests the Catholic Church. The more I learn about the history of the Catholic Church, the more I'm like, Wow, what a great group.
Speaker 4: Thanks will.
Speaker 3: Shockingly, the Church was not happy with this movie about a handsome young man who tried to do good in the world. Can't believe it, can't believe.
Speaker 2: The Church was like boo, what a rip roaring endorsement for the Catholic Church.
Speaker 3: He's too old for him. That's the problem, all right.
Speaker 4: The finish line is finally within view. Let's keep going.
Speaker 3: Did I communicate? Did I communicate how much I love the Catholic Church?
Speaker 2: Not quite enough?
Speaker 3: You know what. Let me make this clear. I'm not condemning the movie like the Catholic Church. Did I think the movie is super important and you should see it. In fact, purchasing it would upset the Catholic Church, and therefore would be a good thing to.
Speaker 2: Do and something that I'm working on right now. Actually is a way to show that physical media in itself is an act of protest, sometimes against the Catholic Church and against the establishment many times too. Next up, November seventeenth, what do you laugh again?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 2: BFI releasing a five film box set of the Kura Kirosawa Samurai collection. This has five film seven Samurai Thrown, a Blood, Hidden Fortress, Yo Jimbo, and Sanjuro. Of course, these have all been released in standalone releases in four K better you know, limited packaging and all that stuff. But this is essentially just a way to repackage those new restorations for people that aren't super into four K. It'll be a cheaper way to grab all five if they want them. These are identical. You're not getting any new extras or anything like that. This is just Hey, if you're not into four K and you want the because the old blue rays for these did not look great and now they do. So if you want the new restorations, here you go, five film box set.
Speaker 3: Oh that's great.
Speaker 2: No offense to Catholics, by the way, Uh, no offense to Catholics. I think it.
Speaker 3: Just talking historically. I'm not trying to get ploted. No offense anyway. Uh oh man, this is the one I've been waiting for this all day.
Speaker 2: November twenty fourth, The House of Mirth coming to Blu Ray from BFI. This is the first time on Blu Ray for Terrence Davies's acclaimed adaptation, newly remastered by the BFI. No extras announced yet, but there will be some extras on here and this with some interesting cast members. We got dan Aykroyd, Laura Lenny Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Anytime I'm thinking costume drumma, I'm like, get me ast, Eric Stolts. Yeah, now this is actually this is a good movie.
Speaker 2: I like this. Yeah, this seems like a Will movie.
Speaker 3: No it doesn't. That's why I'm trying what it does.
Speaker 2: I'm genuinely saying it does seem like a Will movie.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I do. I actually do kind of like these costume drummers, especially the literary adaptations, you know, the the Dickens and the Whartons and all that. Yeah. Yeah, but Packery kind.
Speaker 2: Of bearing the league here, Julian's kind kind of bearing the lead here. Jillian Anderson being in this is kind of cool too. Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: All this from two thousand sounds sounds like a good time. Yeah, all right, all right, here we go with the controversy. Let's let's just just dive right.
Speaker 2: In October seventh, four K steel Book four K steel Book, a Blu ray release and a DVD release in twenty twenty five, the Year of Our Lord, says the Catholics. Disney in twenty century Studios is putting out the Rocky Horror Picture Show, which coincidentally, I'm wearing that shirt.
Speaker 3: Look that'd be better cover art.
Speaker 2: That's what everybody else is going to say. This is coming from Disney here in the US. This is likely going to be getting the exact same steel book release over in the UK, and then we are not getting a standard four K in the US, but we will likely get a standard four K over in the UK.
Speaker 3: The inside art looks like a Gambit movie or something Shazam, something like that. I don't know. Oh yeah, the back looks like Shazam, and the front, I don't know, looks like somebody who saw a YouTube video about you Rocky Horror, but it didn't actually ever go to one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 2: This isn't great, but I feel like this could have been a hell of a lot worse. I want to remind the world that last year we got a four K steel book of an actual horse saddle on fire.
Speaker 4: As the cover of a.
Speaker 2: Steel book for the movie Blazing Saddles.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's makes zero sense. I didn't know that. Yeah, this was It looks like this was made without the input of any queer individuals. This is like the most agro version of Rocky RT.
Speaker 4: This steel book does not have pronouns.
Speaker 3: This is like, I'll put you on the slab, motherfucker.
Speaker 4: It's a four cases headbook.
Speaker 2: This is Oh, that's funny.
Speaker 3: They said, okay, I want you to do art for the Rocky Horror Picture Show, and they're like, oh, Rocky, I got it.
Speaker 2: Google. Okay, Yeah, I do think the inside art they're very much looking like that pretty famous picture of Tim Curry and it.
Speaker 3: Oh man, this is like Rocky hell noah, I'd cover.
Speaker 2: Is Pennyfurter, Frank and Wise. I don't know which one was better. There. Another complaint that I got from a lot of people is the four K disc is a sixty six gig disc And yeah, it's not great. They definitely should have put that on one hundred gig disc. I don't understand some of Disney's choices here. No new extras either. From what I hear, the UK cut is on here, likely which is a big deal for a lot of people because of the hero song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. I'm glad.
Speaker 2: I'm grateful that we're getting this in four K. I certainly don't want to complain about that. You look genuinely distressed.
Speaker 3: I'm just laughing I'm laughing at the art. I mean, unlike many people like I, I know a lot of people are like, oh, you can't really enjoy Rocky Horror unless you're you're in the theater with a with a group of people, and and certainly there's something to that. But I actually really enjoy the Rocky Art Picture Show as a movie. Like I'll just put it on and watch it by myself and sing along and not throw anything at my wall. But I'm you know, this cover art. I I generally just don't even care about like packaging that much. But this is pretty funny. Yeah, just how can it's just completely default worst from the material.
Speaker 2: This is like.
Speaker 3: Rocky Horror First Blood Part two. It's do we get to win this time? They drew first blood. Let's just.
Speaker 2: Wow, I just okay, all right, let's uh, let's go the next one and do the time work again. Uh. We've got a Celloscope this fall, putting out a Blu ray and DVD release of the Taste of Mango from twenty twenty three.
Speaker 4: Good art on this, I like to cover it on this one.
Speaker 2: This has it's the debut feature from filmmaker and video artist Chloe Abraham's and this is an enveloping, hypnotic, urgently personal meditation on fan family, memory, identity, violence, and love. At its center are three extraordinary women, the director's mother, Rosanna, her grandmother Jean, and the director herself. There's stories by.
Speaker 3: Mangoso.
Speaker 2: Uh, there's stories by damn It. Uh. There're stories by Turns, difficult and jubilant testify to the endentangled and ever changing nature of inheritance and the ways in which we both hurt and protect the ones we love. There's some short films on here, and then the director in conversation with Sara Dooza and a trailer.
Speaker 3: Listen, don't let my ted nugean joke detract from this movie, which is quite good.
Speaker 2: Oh well, well, you know, hey, this is an important release this week October twenty eighth. There's a blu ray coming out from Altered Innocence. This is called Angst by August and it will include the films Zappa and Twist and Shout from nineteen eighty three and nineteen eighty four, respectively.
Speaker 4: And this says Danish.
Speaker 2: Director Billy August, Academy Award and Palm d'Or winning director of Pele the Conqueror that we just talked about earlier tonight. These are the coming of age drama Zappa and Twist and Shout, after a tender yet unflinching vision of adolescent passion, cruelty, and discovery set to the sounds of early rock and roll. Overlooked for decades, these gorgeously photographed and dramatically nuanced films, breathtaking in their candor and heartbreaking and their sincerity, are here for rediscovery and stunning new transfers, along with newly produced bonus features that help bring August powerful films to audiences new You can check out what Zappa and Twist and Shout are both about.
Speaker 4: We got a new interview with Billy August.
Speaker 2: We've got the coming of age films of Billy August, a visual essay by Jordan Cron new compilation trailer, some other trailers, and then the artwork on this one done by Beth Morris, who frequently does a lot of art for Deaf Crocodile, including all of these standard art.
Speaker 3: Initially, I was disappointed that there is no Frank Zappa and Zappa but is there? I don't know, there's not no. I'n definitely shut these out. I know that you don't want to hear what I'm about to say, but Paul just noted that the Imprint bundle has just been announced. You I want to talk about it.
Speaker 2: I don't because we're going to talk about it next week. But I literally am on the Imprint Facebook page to see what it is right now, and Jesus christ Man, I don't know. Jay, Well just a second, we have next week. I was not going to say that yet, but next week is going to be a really fun show because Jim tutors back.
Speaker 3: Well, you know you can, we'll.
Speaker 2: Talk about it. We'll talk about him again next week. But uh, let's I mean for this week, let's uh cover Uh sure, I'll just show we've got two left stills, So hold on coming out October twenty first on Blu Ray in the US. Keno is releasing King and Country. This was announced previously, but now we got a date and also that there's a new commentary by Simon Abrams. Have you seen this one? Feel so? No?
Speaker 3: But if it's based on the fact that it's lowsy and the cast, absolutely this is a must have. I don't know this movie. Wow, okay, yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 2: And the final one, I know you've seen the next film. The last one is that weapons can already be pre ordered in a four K steal book already on groove. Let's let's take a quick look over on this tab. Uh. These are the releases sweet just announced by Imprint. We've got directed by John Houston.
Speaker 4: You've got.
Speaker 3: Wise Blood The Dead, Oh no, you got to get it for the Dead.
Speaker 2: You've got Last Exit to Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: You've got James Lorenz from Frank Hookers in that.
Speaker 2: After Glow, k Pax, Lulu on the Bridge, The Quiet American, and Half Nelson.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, I'm all in for Last Exit to Brooklyn. Great book, plus James Lorens is in the movie and KPEX. The Dead is awesome. I love the Dead. It's one of my favorite James Joyce stories, and the film version is quite amazing. A great late John Houston film Why Blood and Under the Volcano have both been released by Criterion, so most people probably already have them, but this looks necessary the rest of them. Okay, I'll look into it.
Speaker 2: Probably not k PAX, but yeah, we will cover more details on those high.
Speaker 3: Reject k PAX just because of the movie. I'm not even going to get into the politics of it.
Speaker 2: Is it bold? Anyways, Let's let's quickly go over what is coming out next week In case you forgot The Strangers four K steel books, sleep Away Camp two and three on four K Poseidon four K, No, not that Poseidon, the two thousand and six p sidon the four year Old Virgin four K on steel book and Standard Meet the Parents four K, Standard Casper four K on steel book and Standard The Accountant two four K World Trade Center four K That Knew How to Train Your Dragon four K steel book and standard Cairo Station from Criteria. Prince of Darkness four K steel book getting a wide release. It follows four K from Lionsgate Limited.
Speaker 4: That is a steel book.
Speaker 2: Nineteen twenty three Season two High Tension four K steel book from Lionsgate Limited Ghost to Mars four K steelbook, His Motorbikeer Island. I showed that one earlier, got that one in film Noir The Dark Side of Cinema number twenty six, close to the NATI film Noir coming up soon. The Great Gatsby from nineteen forty nine straight out of Compton four K steel book, The Toxic Avenger four K, the original coming out in a standalone release, Confessions of a co Ed, The pre Code Double Feature from Keno Lorber, Freaky Tales, Blu Ray from Lionsgate, Blood Dolls from Full Moon, some standard Deaf Crocodile title there, Tragedy Man, the rest of the Toxic Avengers also coming out in standalone four K releases. The Medium from Rarero Video, Farmer's Daughter, mask Head from Unearthed Films, The Maiden coming next week, some anime titles, twenty five Cats from Qatar, and that's it.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I would tell people to hold off on the Toxic Avengers just yet.
Speaker 2: Well, we all know that there's a giant set coming from Umbrella. Give the month it will come out with all of the Toxic Avenger films, including the new one and all of the four original ones all in four K together. So that's interesting.
Speaker 3: So just hold on, hold on, hold on. Yeah, I pretty much have everything on that release schedule that I want.
Speaker 2: You don't You don't want to meet the parents in four K? No? Yeah, So that was a hell of a week.
Speaker 3: That movie's fine. I don't have anything against it.
Speaker 4: It's not fucking great.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: That is the most announcements we have ever covered in one week.
Speaker 3: Will I feel like we did it pretty quickly, honestly, yeah, pretty and gave people like a really awesome and varied playlist to put together.
Speaker 4: References tonight. We're pretty impressive.
Speaker 3: If anybody puts together a playlist on Spotify or an ethical platform, if anybody puts together a full playlist from tonight's show, you can get a free year Patreon membership with Ryan what.
Speaker 2: Like the one was crazy that you're you're gonna you're gonna pay for.
Speaker 3: You can get the good one, you get the only fans one.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, this was a hell of a week. Four hour live stream h listen.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't have said that, but if somebody does put together a playlist you should give them a year subscription.
Speaker 2: Ronnie's gonna burn you a CD, dude, I'll take that. Oh Man, good week for everybody. Yeah, get some rest. Like I said, Jim Tutor will be our guest next week. I'm gonna have some fun conversations. I got some really interesting interviews coming up, another fairly big one that I hope people check out. I got some other creator types that I wanted to have on as well that we're not going to do. The live show that I would like to share with all y'all. Will's got the Carrie Theater gig coming back up. You want to pitch that one more time?
Speaker 3: Yeah, come out Wednesday, August thirteenth, Count Dracula, seven pm, Jess Franco and we'll have a lot to talk about in September. Cool stuff coming up, going to be tabling at the Tidewater Horror Convention. Got some cool classes the semester teaching second. I'll be able to talk about them next month, and maybe we'll have some projects that we can talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, We're gonna have a lot of things that we get to talk about. Appreciate everybody hanging out tonight. I know it's been a long stream and having you all here makes it all worth it will You're amazing. You are the best part of the first Thursday of every month, and.
Speaker 3: That's only because Seinfeld's canceled.
Speaker 2: Literally the only reason are No that was Michael Richards. Thanks everybody for hanging out and we will see you next Thursday. If you want to check out more like this, join the Patreon description below and we'll see you next time. So you liking subscribe, thank you for watching The Disconnected. On the way out, make sure that you are a subscribed to the channel, that you've liked the video, and that you've copied the link to be able to share with someone else that may appreciate this.
Speaker 6: The audio commentary it's a dying art form, but here at one track mind I your wonky at Affable host Brian Luis Rodriguez analyze film through the prism of these embryonic forms of podcasting, one audio commentary at a time. Masterpieces, crapster pieces, live animation, cult classics, films literally no one has ever heard of. No track is too small, and no track is too big. Join me and my guests from the entertainment world as we keep these features alive. Every other Tuesday, Hey, who else is going to discuss Bill and Ted's bogus Journey one week and Citizen Kane the next us that's who Sure, you have to put up with my voice, but there's a certain give and take in this industry. That's one track mine. Part of the Someone's Favorite Productions family and available wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to hear more shows from the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast network. Please select the link in the description.