Speaker 1: Juicys Hot Gods ever come.
Speaker 2: Stay on Top in the high Wood Shovel. The lead story was that something bad happened on a boat, and we will get to that in a minute.
Speaker 1: See I'm burying the lead.
Speaker 3: Did you see like an s E A.
Speaker 2: Well, what I did is I teased it and then we're teasing it further. We're testing the patients of the listeners on a Thursday.
Speaker 1: So you guys remember Firefest? Oh yeah, never forget it.
Speaker 2: Two documentaries about it. Billy McFarlane, the guy created Firefest. Jaw Rule they actually booked Blank on two eighty two did play jaw Rule got heavily involved.
Speaker 1: Then Billy McFarlane, the creator had due litle jail time. We had five years.
Speaker 2: I think, well, he's been a little cocky over the last year and he is like, we're doing Firefest too, and details coming and let's go, let's do BFD at Firefest.
Speaker 1: Okay, it is okay.
Speaker 4: I find it, on one hand, hard to believe that he would be able to do such thing, and he's already gone to prison time because the first one was such a scam. But I do think the general public people in general are stupid enough to fall for it again, and it's already got branding equity.
Speaker 1: The name of it out.
Speaker 4: There's the same reason they make dumb sequels to bad movies.
Speaker 2: You think about all these things that you think about the documentaries what happened?
Speaker 1: You think about the sandwich picture.
Speaker 2: You think about the guy who said, look, if I need to go s a little d for some bottles of.
Speaker 4: Water, he was willing to do that, and had he threw that out there, ye right, we have plenty of water. You still I'm saying I would do that for more water.
Speaker 1: We just needed a few more gallons. Okay, man, that's what he said. I'm so offended by Christina laughing at that. Oh you laughed, louder I did, didn't I.
Speaker 2: So you know, he went on Instagram and he's been defending this lately because people are like, Okay, you're not going to do it.
Speaker 1: You're not going to do it.
Speaker 2: But he made the official announcement and saying that, and this is eight years after the original you know happened. Now, Well, the tourism board at the islands that he's planning to do this at I love Muhetash like the Island of Women. They're like, no, we don't have anything. No one's contacted us about anything, and we would never take on a fake festival. So no, so we don't know is this happening or not. They're like, this doesn't exist. And Billy is like my partners and I ever made in communication with local and state government and all this stuff. It's very Now have they put ticket prices online and all that luxury experiences that you know they're not gonna have.
Speaker 1: How much are the tickets right now?
Speaker 2: You know what, that's a good question. Let me go to firefest dot com.
Speaker 4: Is that other guy popping up going if I have to give some HJS to make this happen, I absolutely will.
Speaker 2: I'm on the website, believe it or not. The website doesn't work very well. So there, that's good. God, I think that's I like what Ben's thinking about it. It makes it even more intriguing and mysterious.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, right, it really happened and this is all free pub now you're talking about it on the Eagle now.
Speaker 1: And look how it's worked out for the island of Moharis. Right. They're like, we did agreed to nothing. I think over in the Mediterranean, the island of Lesbos is like, hey, we went in on this too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, did you ever go to the island of Lesbos?
Speaker 1: I've always wanted to go. No, I have it.
Speaker 2: Tickets for Firefest too went on sale at the end of February. I found it fourteen hundred to twenty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, John Oh. They also got the one million dollar package too. Okay, you get that one. Okay, so you get to join Blink one Okay. Refundable ticket options have been guaranteed. Should the festival be cancing May thirtieth through June second, is the time? Billy said, uh yes, let's say Thursday said Tuesday. We have talent artist, athletes and other performers are on board and scheduled for fire to one of those athletes, Antonio Brown.
Speaker 2: Nice, that definitely lines up pretty stable. All right, so you know, more updates on Firefest as needed. Let's talk about what happened on that boat. So there's a cruise called the eighties Cruise. For instance, I'll go to you last year's lineup. Would you see that last year's lineup? Not that year was Wang Chung Hell yeah, air supply hell yeah, Soft cell ah dog, The English Beat, Debbie Gibson and thirty eight Special.
Speaker 1: God, thirty eight Special doesn't match any of those thirty grand socialist badass. I agree, dude, the best thing on there. In fact, I would probably just go on line her. I'd just go on to thirty eight Special. Cruise. You know, all right? What are their songs? Hold on loosely and don't let go.
Speaker 2: Out now before we get into what happened that's bad on the boat, let me tell you next year, the twenty twenty six eighties cruise lineup is out, all right, Brett Michaels now Rogers and Chic.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Brett Michael oh from uh Poison? Yeah? Okay, Gary Newman, Wait, go back?
Speaker 2: Did you say chic cars Billy Ocean?
Speaker 1: I think chic is more than seventies man. I think one of your family members Berlin. Uh yeah, so my wife's cousin is the keyboard player for Berlin. Which one? Uh the game picture of it's pretty good, the gay one. They all look a little gay.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: They So they got real interesting because they were like a new wave Cali band that started playing like a lot of right wing conservative parties. Next year, Sugarhill Gang.
Speaker 2: Okay, you don't get all of the guns and roses, but you do get Steven Adler.
Speaker 1: Ouch, So the number fourth ranked guns.
Speaker 2: And rows quiet right, men without hats, Rob Bass, cool mod and there's your there's your next year.
Speaker 4: Look at at at this cruise. Rob Bass had it's it takes two. Did you have any other songs?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had join Pain. Oh that's right, Joy and Pain. Come on, come on, come on, suns shine. Yeah, yeah, and give it up, to give it up. So it's a seven day cruise. And here's the catch.
Speaker 2: You know, you can see all these you know, these icons in the eighties and they also hang out with you.
Speaker 1: Oh allegedly you got nothing else to do. I know you're on a cruise. I want to hang out with the two Old Queens and Soft Cell. So here's a few of the bands that were on this year. Minute Work, Tiffany, adam Ant, Squeeze Dude, adam Ant. I'd like to take moment to give him his props. Seriously, there's really never been anyone like adam Ant. He kind of had he kind of man. It was kind of new wavy, kind of pop, kind of little bit punk, and he dressed like a pirate and his name was adam Ant. I mean that guy F's songs, Uh desper It but not series and then ant music dun dunt dun dump, Well do you do good, don't drink don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like swing what not swing type of it. So it's the same era as like Stray Cats.
Speaker 1: It kind of had a little He was a British guy, kind of had a little bit of the clash, a little bit of new wave. He was really his own thing. Man. He was sort of like a more watered down Billy idol and he got so much on the pantheon of rock beast. He's an ant turn it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the video.
Speaker 1: So this is ant music and it's not the proper sonics. I don't like it. Just wait. I just feels like I have to have this side of the podcast.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: We gave him his prompts. He doesn't matter to this story. He's there. You brought him up.
Speaker 2: The glam metal band Faster pussy Cat Let's Go is your headliner, not the headlining act on the cruise, but they've become the headliner, is there? One of the bands something bad app fiance of the lead singer a Faster pussy Cat was a fifty six year old woman by the name of Kimberly Birch, and I said it was because she's presumed dead. She fell overboard after an argument with the lead singer, Timey Down. His name is spelled t A I M E.
Speaker 1: Timy. Yeah, maybe it's Tamy, that's.
Speaker 4: Who they were engaged together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, it's unclear if she jumped or accidentally fell, but there's witnesses and they're like like that they were arguing.
Speaker 1: It's allegedly on camera too.
Speaker 2: According to this passenger who got contacted by the Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Reporter, this feels so Natalie Wood. Dude.
Speaker 2: Squeeze was the band playing that night. There was an announcement over the pa saying someone went overboard, so the ship was going to stop and turn around and try to locate the person. The ship stopped for a few hours. My wife spoke with some people on one of the decks saying that they heard it was a woman and it was caught on camera. Eventually the ship powered up and off we went. Was uh was Paul Carrick singing with Squeeze? I have no idea on that one.
Speaker 1: So they never found her. No, they didn't find her.
Speaker 2: They the US Coast Guard took over after they kind of went back for a couple hours, like they stopped, like, okay, let's get some boats.
Speaker 1: Faster.
Speaker 2: Pussy Cats still had a job to do though, Oh my oh. And they went out, Oh my God without the lead singer and did covers.
Speaker 1: Okay, cruise, No, they just did instrumental versions of all their songs.
Speaker 4: So everyone, what did he do? Just go to try to get a copy of the tape?
Speaker 1: I wonder? Yeah, right, No, he actually joined Squeeze on stage. He had joined Adam an Uh I hurt Paul Krrick wasn't going to be with them, so I'll join them.
Speaker 2: That is now the number two reason I would never like to go into Cruise because maybe three.
Speaker 1: What are the others?
Speaker 2: Well, one is the Pooh virus, Yeah if you could, I mean it's easily obtained. Two is just being trapped somewhere in that feeling of being trapped, because the implication, yeah, I just know where to go, and like if you're bored, I don't want to be here anymore. So what am I going to do? I might panic and jump, right, maybe that's what happened.
Speaker 4: I do have that sensation, like if you're looking over something, you're looking at a super hall time, there's something in you.
Speaker 1: It's like jump. You just admitted to something that got really weird, and I'm concerned.
Speaker 3: I my mind does the same thing. It's just like when you have a knife in your hand, young Oh cut your hand. Oh my god, Christina, is this weird thing in your head that just goes off?
Speaker 4: Let me get you a one hundred number. What does the voice sound like, Christina that tells you, yeah, exactly like that you squirted.
Speaker 1: A little bit. Whatever. I see a knife on a table. Now, there's a voice in my head that says, do not be around Christina a knife. Well, I'll never go to a steakhouse with Christina.
Speaker 3: Just keep the knives away from me.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 2: So more details will will come from this if you find the tape that is alleged from a passenger's wife on the cruise.
Speaker 1: I heard there's a tape.
Speaker 4: Hell you didn't And not only that, not only that they're fans of the band Faster pussy Cat. Can you really trust any of these people. It's not like they were having trouble filling out the lineup this year. If they had to resort to adam Ant and adam Man.
Speaker 1: Is badass, and he's already dressed like a pirate, so it makes sense for a cruise ship.
Speaker 3: The one cool thing about him, he is dressed like a pirate, a really cool pirate.
Speaker 1: It's also weird that men and work are still men at work like you do.
Speaker 4: They're playing overkill, they're out doing is homie with them or did they replace him?
Speaker 1: How do you be men at work without Colin? Hey, dude, he's a solo artist. Now he can he can go do all those songs on his own and fill up the majesty. Who's the lead singer? That's what I'm saying. I'm sure they replaced him. The guy from Faster Pussycats, the Asian guy from Journey.
Speaker 4: I'm available. All right, There you have it. There is the Hollywood Shuffle. You sound surprised. I didn't have a lot of faith in him. Yeah, he came through though, solid, solid, all right? Coming up next and around the sports, what do you have on deck? Kevin Well?
Speaker 2: Klay Thompson's dad does radio, and he said something that we should investigate. Next