Speaker 1: That provides quality roofing and repairs. Call seven to seven four ninety five seven M six Here fifty five krc DE Talk Station.
Speaker 2: A very happy Friday eve to you.
Speaker 1: Made even extra special because I'm pleased to welcome back to the fifty five CARC Morning Show, Senator Rand Paul. Welcome back, Senator Paul. I love having you on the morning show. My listeners love you too. Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Brian, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Pleasure is all mine and my listeners. Let's start at the border.
Speaker 1: I think one of the reasons Donald Trump won, I mean and handily won the election is because of the chaos the Biden administration unleashed on the American public at large by not shutting down the border or doing something to control the unmitigated massive flow of humanity screen people in Democrat cities, the blue Democrat cities are screaming their bloody heads off at town halls and public meetings, yelling at their Democrat mayors for not doing something about it. The resource is being soaked up, schools are overwhelmed. Are we going to get some sense back on the board order? Can we shut it down? And can we even unring the bell? Of the millions that have already flown into our country.
Speaker 3: I think the answer is yes on all fronts. I think on day one, President Trump will reinstitute probably over ninety executive orders that Biden removed. So during the first Trump administration he had over ninety executive orders that did help to shut down the border. We believe that Congress has given him a great deal of latitude. We've read the immigration law and we think he can go further than he's gone in the past. We believe that allowing migrants to come in for political asylum, the entire process is optional, so we think you don't have to begin the process. We believe that the president has the power when people are in the middle of the river or getting out of the river, simply to put them back on the Mexican side. And that's what I'm going to be advocating. I'm going to have a hearing on this before the president has sworn in. It's going to be called Remain in Mexico, and we will have this hearing and we're going to encourage him to interpret our migration laws to say that if you come in illegally, you're ineligible for migration or for asylum and then you don't have to go through this year's long process of appeals. Now the people who have already come, I believe they can be their parole can be revoked. It's sort of like a criminal proceeding. They're out on parole pending a trial. Well, the trials happened in four years, and you can never find them and nobody enforces it. If Trump comes in and says, well, two million young adult men came in last year and we're worried whether they're criminals. We're going to revoke their parole and immediately have their trials, I think you could go forward with that. People say there aren't enough judges. I think every border agent can be deputized to a judge the case on whether or not someone is validly in the country, and so no. I think a lot of this can be reversed, and it's just a matter of willpower. Biden had no will power. I think Trump comes in with a mandate on the border, and I think you will see action.
Speaker 1: Well, and I would think you would see corollary action on the part of the Mexican government, who, if stuck with all of the would would be entrance into the United States, or they're standing in the northern side of the Mexican border. The Mexican government isn't going to want to allow that to happen. They're going to stop them from flowing in through their southern border or otherwise gaining entry into their country.
Speaker 3: We have too, the Mexican government controls only about maybe seventy five percent of Mexico. The twenty five percent is really controlled by the cartels. So the Mexicans probably will try and they could block their southern border for people coming in that They probably have more ability on their southern border than their northern border. But yeah, they could choose to control their borders and otherwise they're going to be stuck with these people, many of whom have been released from prisons in Venezuela and Colombia different places. So yeah, I think there's all kinds of things now. One of the rules that Trump had put in place during his first administration is that you have to if you want to apply for asylum in our country, you have to do it from a country that is, you know, the one that is a danger. If you're standing in a safe country, you can't apply from that country. So basically, if you're standing in Mexico and they're not the ones persecuting you. You say it's Venezuela. You've got to apply from Mexico. You don't get to apply from the US. You stay in the safe country, because it'd be no reason for you to say you're unsafe in Mexico. And so many of these asylums. What he was doing with remain in Mexico is forcing them to stay in Mexico or in the process, and they got tired of that. They want to come in here and get as much free stuff they can get in our country. They don't want to stay in northern Mexico, so it deters them after a while and they quit coming.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: And this obviously has become a very popular thing, the idea of closing the borders because our own all of our resources being taxed. I mean, even the most liberal individual in this country has a list of things they want from government and they cannot get it because all of the additional dollars, to the extent we even have any, are going to deal with this insane cost of dealing with the migrants that are already here. I mean, I feel so sorry for children who are trying to get an education. Sending a class with you fifty brand new children who don't even speak English and requires English is a second language instruction.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Well, imagine if you live in a Texas border town and your wife's pregnant and you're trying to get delivered at the local hospital and the hospitals overwhelmed with people coming in from another country. You know, the hospitals really in these border towns do become overwhelmed, and it's difficult for the people who live there just to get ordinary either schooling or healthcare.
Speaker 1: Well, I suppose, and the media love through for this is mass deportation, But when you're talking about focusing at least first and foremost on the outright adjudicated criminals, there's very little argument that one can raise an opposition into doing it that way that's going to get any traction with the American public.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the public was horrified by what happened to that wonderful young lady Lake and Riley, and I think they were horrified to find out that there's supposedly fifteen thousand people that are wanted for murder or convicted of murder in our country. Another thirteen thousand that are convicted or wanted for sexual crimes. I think people are just horrified by that it didn't appear that Biden did anything. You know, we have thirty five thousand FBI agents, many of them you know, working on speech censorship. They can be reassigned from censoring my speech online and maybe sent them after some of these criminals. So I think if we had an all points bulletin, all hands on deck, and we went after these, you know, if you were able to announce that he arrested a thousand wanted criminals in the first month or two, I think that'll be a huge success.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and those resources are better spent of chasing down dangerous criminals than seventy two year old women who might have walked into the Capitol building on January six. Anyway, moving away, what was your response to the Select Committee's report on COVID. I was just shocked by what they revealed in that one Senator r and Paul.
Speaker 3: You know, they did a lot of good stuff, and they Matigulsi went through and interviewed a lot of these people, including Anthony Fauci, and you know, the conclusion that Anthony Fauci was dishonest that he had lied to the committee, I think is what we expected. I will become a chairman in January, god Willing, and I'm going to use that power to continue to look for the records because I believe the funding of the lab was approved by Anthony Fauci, but I also believe that he purposely exempted the research from the normal safety committee. So in twenty seventeen, they set up a big committee, a safety committee to look at dangerous gain a function research, and yet the Wuhan research that he funded never went before the committee. And the question is why. He says, well, my sign just told me and gain a function. So we've asked, let's see the deliberation. We'd like to see the argument you're scientists made. Because this error led to a million Americans dying and fifteen million people dying around the world, we want to know which scientists argued what and why they thought it was safe to do this research instead. None of that has come out. But I've been talking to all of Trump's appointees. I'm ecstatic about most of them. You know, Marty McCarey will be at the FDA. He's amazing. Jay Baticharia at NIH amazing. I met Dave Weldon who will be at the CDC, amazing, Robert Kennedy at the head of HHS, amazing. All of these people have pledged not only to me, but really in public life to get to the bottom of this. So instead of me fighting with bureaucrats and getting nothing and being stonewalled and having to take them to court, I think we're going to have a friendly administration, and I fully believe that there must be something there because they've tenaciously fought to keep these records from me.
Speaker 1: You were elected, along with the rest of the House and Senate to do oversight. You are performing a function on behalf of the American people. Those people who are stonewalling you, Senator Ran Paul and the rest of the elected officials are supposed to be answerable to you, and the idea under any circumstances that they would refuse this information from you when you have formed a select committee to look into it, I find absolutely appalling and inexplicable absent as you point out something the farious going on in the background.
Speaker 2: So we've sent.
Speaker 3: Letters and they're not signed by just me. Some of them are signed by me, some are signed by the Democrat chairman with me. Some are signed by five senators, and there's an actual statute that was passed that said if any five senators, even if they're also in the same party, sign a letter that by law, you have to give this information. They resisted all of these, so I think it's actually a cause for them to be fired, removed from office or even pros does that. And if the Trump administration will go after these people, we're going to find. You know, people on the left say, oh, the deep state, you're making it up. What is the deep state? Well, the deep state are people who have their own political agenda and they resist the will of the people through their elected officials. That's the deep state, and they need to be fired. They need to be sent packing. And boy, I am very hopeful.
Speaker 1: I am too, And I love hearing these words out of your mouth because you know that fuels conspiracy theories. I mean, every time this concept comes up, someone usually emails me or sends me a message, or otherwise communicates with me saying, well, the reason they don't anybody know about this is because this was all about global population control. They wanted a lot of people to die and I'm thinking of myself, you know, really, is that really part of someone's agenda? Well, I don't know. They won't let us know. They have never explained to us what the point was of doing gain of function research along these lines was in the first place.
Speaker 3: And that is a real rub, and there is a real debate to be had there. And you know, Anthony Valci's conclusion was that even if an accident should occur, the knowledge gained would be worth the risk. And yet many other scientists, credentialed scientist with you know, twenty years in academia and a couple hundred pure reviewed papers, say that they don't see any useful knowledge that's been gained. It's it's it's sort of a misplaced curiosity. It's like, hey, guys, e bowl is really deadly. It's a fifty percent deadly virus. Why don't we mutate it and see if we can get it spread through the air to mammals?
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: And it's like, well, that's that's a sort of a morbid teenage curiosity that some adults should look and say, well, gosh, what if it escaped the lab and killed everybody? You know, it might be a good idea, and yet that's the kind of thing that Anthony Vaalci approved because he had a very naive understanding of the dangers of this research. And there are many people believe this is going to happen again, and so you know, I'm going to do everything I can. I have a bill to set up a presidential commission to oversee this research such that if it's dangerous, this commission we would have the ability to stop it. So I'm going to try to get that passed. We're right, we're trying to get it passed this year. If we don't, we'll try to get it and get the help of President Trump next year.
Speaker 2: Senor Rampa on it. We're really out of time.
Speaker 1: I know you got to get back to your job, but I have to ask you quickly because I have been excited about the concept. Maybe not that it's going to have some really wonderful success along the lines that was originally outlined, but this DOGE, independent non government office that's going to look in and start paring down, get riding of fraud, waste and abuse, saving the taxpayers some money. Are you optimistic along any lines that Ramaswamy and Musk and whoever else joins this can accomplish something well.
Speaker 2: I know of that.
Speaker 3: Ramaswami well and communicating with him. We've advanced him two thousand pages the waste. You know, each year I collect waste about this time and do my Festivus report on my grievance with government with waste. But it's systematically done. We have ten years worth of it. We've sent that to them. They have that on file. We've told them we'll assist them in any way if nothing else. They draw great public attention to it, and the public is, you know, outraged at this. I mean, all I have to do is go into the you know, talk to the people in the mountains of North Carolina to say, you know what, there's plenty of money going over there to help victims in Ukraine and not that it seems doesn't seem to be a penny to help you. And people get that, and their politicians in North Carolina, many of them are the ones promoting sending the money to Ukraine. And so I think people are mad, and I think people are smarter than you give them credit for. So I think something's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Shrimp On treadmill research. Senator Paul that speaks Voliams outrageous. Senator Rampaul, keep it the great work. We all have your back. I'll look forward to talking with you again. I'm sure we won't talk for the end of the year, So Merry Christmas, Happy Hobdays, and a Festivus for the rest of us. Will look for or to the Festivals Report as we do every year. God bless you, sir, and thanks for spending time with us today.
Speaker 3: Same to you guys.
Speaker 2: Seven fifty five KRC the Talk station. Love that guy. Love foreign exchange too. Can