Speaker 1: It's night time with Dan Ray. I'm gelling you Boston's and News Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what we're doing here is talking about what's going on halfway around the world. It's now dawn morning in Israel and in Tehran. Tehran has been hit overnight very hard. I'm looking at the New York Times. Let me just to set this up. The Times is reporting just a couple of minutes ago, Israel carried out a major attack in Iran's nuclear program on Friday morning, killing top Iranian military officials as well. That would indicate to me that they have some people on the ground who can target where these people are spending the evenings. The strikes raised fears the long shimmering conflict between the two countries could escalate into a war involving the most powerful militaries in the Middle East. I don't know that Iran's military is particularly powerful after tonight, but we'll find out. The commander in chief of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards, General Hossein Salami, among the dead reported by state media residents of Tehran. The Iranian capitol reporter hearing huge explosions in Iranian state television broadcast images of smoke and fire billowing from buildings. One senior Iranian official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said Iran's fighter jets had taken off to intercept the Israeli warplanes. Well, we'll say. Several Israeli officials described the attacks as a preemptive strike intended to keep Iran from acquiring a nuclear bomb. The Israeli military said the strikes had targeted sites critical to Iran's long range missile capabilities, delivery system, and its nuclear programs. Four minutes ago, a number of Republicans in Washington, Washington are issuing stark warnings to leaders in Iran if US interests are targeted. Senator Lindsay Graham, Republican of South Carolina, sat in a social media post that America should have an overwhelming response if American personnel or installations are targeted, vowing to destroy all of Iran's oil refineries and oil infrastructure with the aim of putting the Aetola and his hencement out of the oil business. Oil prices have surged in the last day or so, UH and stock prices have in the short term tumbled, but that would to be would to be is to be expected. The sites that were hit uh Tabreeze explosions reported near a nuclear research center and two military bases. Kermanshaw, I'm unfamiliar with that. What is there? A rock? A rock ar a k the ton's israels attacked Iran's main enrichment facility, and Tran residents reported seeing Israeli fighter jets. Nor News reports that Ali Shamkani has been severely injured in air strikes on his home. Home is in a hospital in Tehran. Shakami with spearheading nuclear negotiations on behalf of the Supreme Leader. Raphael Grossi, the chief of the International Atomic Energy Agency, confirmed in a statement that Natan's nuclear strike has been targeted in the Israeli attacks. These agencies in contact with Iranian authorities regarding radiation levels, who are also in contact with our inspectors in the country. Grossi said on social media, calling this situation in Iran deeply concerning. Well, it is deeply concerning to the Iranian people. Let's go six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty. Mike, you were first this hour on night Side. Your thoughts on what is transpiring in Iran, even as we speak.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Mike, Hey, anybody I.
Speaker 2: Can hear you, Mike, right ahead.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I awesomely support it one hundred percent. You know, with about time we finally knocked them out, and this situation we're go on for a while. And you know, I had been dragging the feat about this situation for a while, you know, and are good for them. And it's not like a one and done. It's going to be going for numerous days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I don't think. I don't think, and I'm no expert here, but I don't think when Israel decides to take something out, the Israel will want to finish this. There's a there's a photograph of the New York Times here of Iranians. This looks like a photograph that was taken for the New York Times maybe four or five hours as the attacks were going on. A group of Iranians are watching from a It looks like a I don't gather at the top.
Speaker 5: Said earlier.
Speaker 2: What did he say earlier? I missed what you said there, Mike.
Speaker 4: It's going to be going off for days. There's not a one and done.
Speaker 2: Dang, no question about that. There's no question about that Israel is in is in this fight to win it. They they've been attacked so many times. They know that once Iran got a nuclear weapon and had a delivery system, Israel was in the crosshairs and yeah, who was not going to allow that to happen. So I hope that they're successful, but we will see the.
Speaker 4: Only problem with them is they don't have any bunker bombs. Bunker bombs and uh really take effect on a nuclear program, you know they're taking. The big thing was that it took out the leader guy, which is as clover as to uh Solemione when Trump did. So that's a good hit right there.
Speaker 2: Well, the leader of the revolutionary God. That's fine. Yeah, don't be don't be surprised if we find out at some point that somehow Israel had some bunker bomb bunker busting bombs that they were able to use because as some of the Iranian locations are so built inside mountains that they're almost u you know, just inaccessible to a job. Which also we may find out when this is over that Israel had some troops on the ground, some special forces on the ground, so uh, they they hit it was it was unexpected. It was a surprise attack. Uh, we'll we'll get it better by this time tomorrow night, we'll have a better understanding of how much damage was done and what what what Israel has to do from here on out. I think what Israel is looking to try to do is regime change. I mean, if it's possible. For there's a lot of unrest, particularly amongst young people in Iran who are just tired of theocracy. Uh, they want their food. Mike, I appreciate your callers always. Thanks for joining us, Thank you, thank you, you too. Got some open lines here six one seven, six one seven nine three one, ten thirty. This is a real quick break, So dial away and we'll turn it around and we'll be back in a couple of minutes.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on w Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Just checking around here as as I tend to do it nights, as I tend to do at night. I'm looking at the They have what they call the Dow futures stock market futures. And whenever something like this happens, Uh, you you always get an immediate downturn. So we have the Dow futures down one and a half percent. Uh, that is not where it will end up tomorrow, but that's where it at least is starting. Uh and uh, you know this is this is always the way that you have these futures down. Sm P futures are down one point seven percent, nestack down one point eight percent. That is always the uncertainty that the market hates, and also oil prices immediately go up. But my suspicion is that if the Israelis are successful and in the runs nuclear capabilities are severely damaged or eliminated, it'll be good for not only the world, but for the stock market as well. Join the conversation. We got open lines, folks. Let me go to Harriet in Tewksbury. Harriet, you were next on nightside.
Speaker 3: Welcome, Hi, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 2: Welcome.
Speaker 6: I'm just so sad that Israel has to get into so many battles and citizens have to be put through a while. They're just still waiting for the hostages to be relieved. It's so awful.
Speaker 7: And that when President Obama was in they want him, they said, please, don't let them get the nuclear power and they didn't really need it, and he lets them get it. And so now Israel has to suffer and go into another war that shouldn't have even to happen.
Speaker 2: Well, if Israel is successful and they strategize these things out very well, they take their time, and if they're successful in their strikes tonight, and we won't know, probably for twenty four to forty eight hours, the extent of the damage that they've inflicted Israel. Israel is in a tough spot over there, geographically and militarily. There's surrounded by countries that have been traditionally hostile to them.
Speaker 8: And.
Speaker 2: This is not going to increase Israel's stature in certain parts of the Middle East. But I think this had to be done. Israel just couldn't stand by and wait for Iran to hit him with a nuclear weapon in my opinion.
Speaker 7: Oh that I know, But I'm saying it's just a band that they had to come to the They shouldn't have had that in the first place. But anyway, I'm.
Speaker 6: Hoped hopefully there's fil and it's all taken out.
Speaker 7: And they can have some peace over there. They certainly deserve it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, let me tell you, sometimes peace is not the absence of war. And if if they have been as successful as it would appear, and again I think it's going to take days weeks to figure out exactly the extent of their success. It looks as if they the Iranians, got a little sloppy because they Israel knew where some of the leadership were spending their nights, and they were they were hitting. They hit the private homes of some of these Iranian leaders in the military and of the scientific community, and they those those people are now off the battlefield, if you if you know what I'm saying, and Israel. Israel took the gloves off tonight in my opinion, But there are other people who might disagree with both you and me. But I appreciate you taking the time to call in Harriet as always. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, talk soon. Bad night.
Speaker 2: All right, folks, don't be shy, step right up. Let me know what you think, whatever your point of view is. It seems as if the US can claim clean hends, they can. They can say, hey, we had nothing to do with this. I'm sure Iran will blame us anyway. That's not a problem. But the big question coming out of this is has their capability been crippled or do they have the ability to strike back I know that watching during the eleven o'clock news some of the cable network news, a lot of it was, well, Iran, now, what will Iran do? My question is what can they do? Six one, seven, two five for ten thirty six one, seven thirty. Always difficult to talk about a breaking news story, particularly of this magnitude. So if you're out there and you have an opinion, feel free to join our conversation. Next up is Matt. Matt glad to hear you, hear you call in tonight. What's your thoughts on all of this?
Speaker 3: Hey, Dan?
Speaker 9: Well, first off, I want to say that this is historic and a monumental and a win for not only the world, but for Israel and for society. Definitely unprecedented from just what I'm hearing, and there's little basis I can hold to that something that likely may have been carried out by Massad and they, as you said a couple minutes ago, this may have been a strategic move to change the occupation of government going on over there, which is so desperately needed, so many great people over there that are held since nineteen seventy nine by the rule of the.
Speaker 3: Iatola and stuff like that of the Sharia law.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, back in two thousand and seven, there was an Israeli operation that hit a suspected nuclear reactor in Syria, and then there was a I believe that there was a strike back in the early eighties as well by Israel. So Israel has always been willing to to They're not just sitting there waiting to be hit. Okay, they you know, they they look they have been.
Speaker 3: Through this before any times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but again they have. They hit a Syrian nuclear reactor which had been built ironically by North Korea, back in September of two thousand and seven, and I believe that in the early nineteen eighties there was another site is that Israel hit as well, So there's a lot you know, Israel. Israel is a small country, It's a powerful country, and it was not going to stand by and watch their neighbor build the bomb, be able to deliver it and drop it on an Israeli city, thank God.
Speaker 9: Right, I agree, And I think first and form I mean, okay, one or two very quick things to mention is that, look, Israel is capable. Israel is a small country, but they are a strong country. They stand, you know, warts and all they stand and they do defend and give them a Rubio's statement today. They took this out and they took it on themselves, and they've done this before and it's recognizable to know that Israel's capable of this, and Israel defends a democracy in themselves and this will hopefully bring peace in some way to Iran and change and to the other end of it, they unlike what goes on in Gaza, they use mountains, they use inside of you know, mountainous regions. They don't go into the tunnels in Iran as much.
Speaker 2: But by the way, to say that, in June of nineteen eighty one, Israel destroyed an unfinished Iraqi nuclear reactor very close to Baghdad, and that was considered a breathtaking operation at the time. So so yeah, they have a record of acting preemptively when they feel us in the interest of their country. Matt has always appreciate your voice. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Appreciate ga to hepciated, thanks for giving the time.
Speaker 2: On So for now, everybody seems to be pretty happy with what's going on. Let me go to Margie and the cat Skills. Margie in New York, Welcome, How are you tonight.
Speaker 8: Guess Srian, I agree totally what your last caller said, especially his last sentence, And what I'm going to talk about is what do you think has been the major cost of war over the last centuries.
Speaker 2: Being unprepared for war and appearing too weak?
Speaker 8: Well, if you think about it, religion has been the major cause of war, either acquiring land or religion.
Speaker 2: But no country has been attacked because the other country thought they were too strong. We exactly, We in nineteen forty one were perceived by the Japanese as being weak. We were perceived by the Germans as being isolationist.
Speaker 8: You nailed it. I'm going to make this very brief because I'm recalling something I heard word for word in about nineteen fifty one or fifty two, and it has exactly to do with the situation today. And it was made by a comedian. Now you're too young to know him, but when I was in college, the most popular comedian in the war in America made seventy eight records. You know, in the old days, comedians like New Art and all. You could buy a seventy eight record.
Speaker 2: Who is the comedian you're referring to that now?
Speaker 8: I don't know if you've ever heard him. I'm sure you can use to him. He sings his act. His name is Tom lera L e h R e R.
Speaker 2: Never heard of him that.
Speaker 8: Okay, he's much too old for you, but he's worth looking up. He was as brilliant as George Carlin. But he sang everything. And I'm going to give you his exact quote from I'd say fifty one or fifty two.
Speaker 2: I don't hang up, but whatever you do, don't sing it. Give us the quote.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, God anyway, isn't it funny that I've never forgotten it.
Speaker 10: I don't have to look it up.
Speaker 8: I've remembered it. And the song goes. It's a long song, but one verse says, Israel's going to get one two just to drop on you know who the lord's are. Shepherd says the psalm, but just in case, we better get a bomb.
Speaker 2: Well, Israel's had a bomb for a long time.
Speaker 8: They have Thanks a lot. I'll say good night, thank you, right, thank you, Marjorie.
Speaker 2: Israel has had a bomb for a long time. They are a nuclear power. They haven't used it even while they were fighting several wars. To their credit, let me go to Doreen. I'm gonna try to get Doreen here before we go to a CBS news special. Hi, Doreen, go right ahead.
Speaker 11: Hi Dan, I wanted to maybe that's what you were talking about. Did you ever hear with the studskun missile error?
Speaker 2: Sure? Yeah, that was yeah, I remember that. That was back in the early nineties. Yes, I remember it, Yes I do.
Speaker 11: Isn't that one Israel shot the missile because someone fired at them first?
Speaker 2: Well, they were, they were under attack, and and and we had we had a scud missile that Israel had bought was from a Massachusetts company. I mean they bought a lot of them, and the scud missile would would knock down missiles that were raining down. Now they have their their dome facility, which is not a physical facility, but it structured to defend Israel from from these attacks. Israel is attacked every week and it's benefitic.
Speaker 11: Jan I got to say, this is true.
Speaker 5: Why are they always picking on that time for Israel?
Speaker 2: Well, the world doesn't like Israel for a whole lot of reasons. There's a lot of anti Semitism in the world. Uh, and they uh, the some in the Arab community who do not want to coexist with Israel feel that they can defeat Israel, and that's a huge mistake, as many of the nations over there. I found out over time, Doren, I'm coming up on a CBS News report, and so I got to let you go. But I thank you for joining us tonight, and thank you for reminding us of the SCUD Mischel missile. Thanks Doreen. Right there goes Toreen. We're coming back right after the CBS News special report. I got wide open lines. There's no reason for that light that lines up. We'll be back right after this report from CBS.
Speaker 1: Newsnight SI with Dan Ray on Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Of course, we're beginning to get more reaction from the Middle East, and again I realized this is a huge story, and I know that many of you are probably thinking, well, I'm not sure what I feel. I would ask you to please feel free to give us a call. I have wide open lines. There is an attack tonight by Israel on the government of Iran, and I emphasize this on the government of Iran, not of the people of Iran. These were selected targets of military leaders, nuclear scientists in Iran as well as nuclear facilities. The attack is now expected to continue for many days. There are different reports coming out Iranian media. It's reporting that Brigadier General Muhammad Bagheri, the commander in chief of the armed forces and the second highest commander after the Supreme Leader, has been killed in an Israeli targeted strike. The blow to Iran's chain of command is significant. Israel has taken out three top ranking senior commanders, similar to the operations that took out the Hespola's command staff, so that is an interesting development. A third wave of attacks has started targeting targeting radars and ear defenses across the country. This is as a result of a reporter named faranars Fasisi Fasihi. I'm not sure where she is reporting from. Meanwhile, a reporter in Jerusalem says that Mohammad MoManI, Jordan's government spokesman, said that the Kingdom of Jordan will not allow its airspace to be violated. According to the state run Petra news agency, Jordan is located between Israel and Iran, and saw Iranian ballistic missiles fly through its territory toward Israel twice last year during Iranian attacks. Against Israel, So a little bit of a double standard there by Jordan. The commander in chief of Iran's powerful Islamic Revolutionary Guards, General Hossain Salami, is among the dead reported by state media. And again what's important through all of this is that Iran is on its heels. Israel has killed top Iranian commanders, in nuclear scientists. This is what's being admitted by Iran. Israel's wave of attacks, this is just twenty nine minutes ago in the New York Times in Iran overnight on Friday, targeted top Iranian officials and appeared to successfully kill the leader of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard in a shocking series of strikes that aim to deal significant blows to Iran security leadership. Again, we mentioned this guy before. Hostan Salami, the commander of Islamic Revolutionary Guards, killed in an Israeli airstrike within the Iranian capital of Tehran. According to Tasnim, the semi official news side affiliated with the government. As leader of the force, mister Salami had helped oversee the relationship with Iran proxies like Hesbola, the Lebanese arm group which had long menaced Israel. So again as this continues into the day now and whether or not Israel will continue attacking during the day. They are now trying to hit the radar installations, which will further cripple to Ran. This is a again, it is a breath taking attack in terms of its ability to pinpoint civilian and military leadership in their homes. Apparently these people died in the beds that they slept, very similar to what happened when they went after Hesbolah leaders in Lebanon. The Israeli military is very good, is very good. Iran has been I think stalling for time and I think that's what the Israelis belt and they are paying a price for it tonight. But Israel and Netanyahu, and I know Netanya, who is not very popular in this country, although he should be in my opinion. Let me go to Ken in Waltham, would like to join the conversation with wide open lines. Everybody, Ken and Waltham. Hi, Ken, how are you okay?
Speaker 5: Good? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm taking all past.
Speaker 2: Because circumstances require that. Go right ahead, Ken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so one, I think I so scud missiles are a Russian missile by the way, I think I heard you say they were ours.
Speaker 2: I thought they were developed by trying to remember the name of the company here, I.
Speaker 3: Think you're maybe you're I don't know, if you're thinking of a Patriot which we were using.
Speaker 2: Maybe I was thinking of the Patriot missiles. Yeah, okay, another.
Speaker 3: No, I was going to say another kind of thing. Tidbit from nineteen eighty one was Israel actually had to fly over uh. It was I think it might have been Syria to UH Syria or Saudi Arabia. I don't I didn't look at a map I should have before I called, but to hit Baghdad and that was like a big deal because whichever country it was, that the whole thought was that Israel had had to have coordinated with them and they and you know that country was just as concerned about Baghdad as nuclear facility.
Speaker 2: Is that case. I think it was only a couple of Israeli planes. It was nothing on the scope of this, by the right. By the way, Ken, you're absolutely correct. Scott missil is one of a series of tactical ballistic missiles developed by the Soviet Union during the Cold War. And yeah, it was exported widely to Second and third World countries. It was the Patriot missile and I'm trying I'll figure out that's what I was thinking. There was also there was a reporter was who was nicknamed the stud Scud, the scud stud, and I forget his name, but he was in like during the First the First War that they took out Saddam Hussein from a from Iraq by in nineteen ninety one. If I wet.
Speaker 3: So I did. I didn't. Yeah, No, I wanted to. I mean, one of the reasons I haven't really talked explicitly about this and I just I'm concerned about doing it. But one of the reasons I'm so passionate about supporting Ukraine is episodes like this, because what kind of support at this point can Russia give a Ran And I would it's probably a lot less than they could have done maybe three years ago.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely. And now the question also is the flip side of that coin, what support Iran has been selling or giving drone missiles to Russia that have been used in the attacks on Ukraine. And by the way, you're the Patriot missile system was a Raytheon product.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I worked for a raygun for twenty four years, so I'm familiar with it.
Speaker 2: I got it, okay.
Speaker 3: And you know, the scud was. It wasn't a very advanced missile, but Patriot wasn't so advanced back in nineteen ninety one either, and all capabilities are much much improved now.
Speaker 2: By the way, here's another thing. The stud, the scud stud, was a reporter, Canadian TV journalist whose name was Arthur Kent, and he was there's an article here. He was an NBC reporter. And I guess he didn't have a great, great career in the media. He was fired. He was fired. I guess he was. He was an NBC dismissed Arthur Kent in nineteen ninety two. So he had a he had a meteor a meteor like career, a meteoric career, but it didn't last a long time. It's funny how people they sort of drifted and out of our lives. He was, he was, he was, He was always there and that was his nickname. You can people can look it up, Arthur Kent. They stud scud, the scud stud. Excuse me, the scud stud.
Speaker 3: Oh man, if if anyone could bring some levity into this situation, you're the you're the man on that mean you know what, I'm the other thing I was going to say. I mean, I'm just so supportive of Israel here. You know, the United States and are support of both Israel and Ukraine. I think has just been paramount for this. You know, Hezbalah is weak, Hamas is weak, right, Iran is weak, right. I mean the timing is maybe perfect for Israel to take this action. I'm I'm very with my knowledge of what's going on here, which isn't that great. But I'm a little more pessimistic. I mean, it's really hard to I think, to get to these Iranian facilities. I sure hope Israel successful. I think this might be more of a long term mission. I don't know. I mean I'd love to see tomorrow that they were one hundred percent successful and it's over, right, I mean, I think that's unlikely, but well.
Speaker 2: Would be the overturning of the Iranian government. This this theocratic regime here, which has kept the Iranian people under the boot for forty six years and is time to I mean, you know, the Iranian people are an innovative and freedom loving people, and they've had the Green Revolution there as I'm sure you know, and uh yeah, there have been. There have been protests there which we don't hear. A lot of this is ah a government that allows gay people to be thrown off the roofs of buildings.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 2: And that's to me, it's like I see some of these anti Israeli demonstrations here in America and it's like, if you're anti Israeli, you were supporting You're get You're giving support too to the Iranian government, which would throw a lot of these demonstrators off the roof of a building without without thinking for a second. Uh.
Speaker 3: It justice is insane, but there is there is a lot of underlying support for it. And I think we saw it a lot on the Obama administration, and there were some protests right and the right really criticize Obama because he was slow to, you know, vocalize his support for the Iranian people who are supporting the West. And I think there's there has been a lot of underlying support for the West in Iran.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I'm happy about that. Conser was Obama was he and Kerry were we're going to make a deal with Iran, and they sent him bales of money, crates of money, billions of dollars to try to buy Iran, and Iran just took the money and gave nothing back, and they just continued to develop the potential capacity. And it's now up to little old Israel to take him out tonight.
Speaker 3: So you know, so I think's yeah, I mean, I'm not. I think I agree with all of that, except for maybe the last part. I mean, I according to what I was reading, you know, we really did have good verification when the deal was in place, and and Iran did stop, you know, producing in our uranium and those kinds of things.
Speaker 2: They stopped, they stopped briefly. We we sent them literally billions of dollars.
Speaker 3: We well, I think, yeah, we we on what's the word? I mean, I don't think we sent them any We unfroze their assets, I think, which is effectively is the same thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, it's right. They were eight billion dollars richer as a result of what we did. Hey, I got a run ken, appreciate you taking a hall pass tonight. Thank you much.
Speaker 3: We thank you, Dan, great talking you good night.
Speaker 2: Little disappointed here that more people aren't rising to this issue. I'm sure by tomorrow night everybody will know about it and we'll talk about this again tomorrow night. But I got a couple of open lines. Feel free if you dial now, I'll get you in six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. I would expect my audience to be supportive of Israel, but you know, you know, I'd like to hear that support, uh, and just not it's out there. We'll be back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got a bunch of folks here, so let's try to get everybody in. Nobody has been on any longer than nine minutes, so Larry, you're going to start us off here. I'd love to give everybody a couple of minutes.
Speaker 12: Go ahead, Larry, Okay. To begin with, I've actually had contact with people from the Israeli Air Force as well as Israeli Defense forces.
Speaker 5: And I'm retired in the.
Speaker 2: US Air Force, and thank you for your service.
Speaker 12: Which is where some of that come from, including the commander or Fighter Wings and Israeli Air Force on the types of defenses I can't get into the details, okay, but and also Israeli defense members coming here in a meeting which I also attended and met him, including another Israeli general.
Speaker 2: And it's.
Speaker 12: To say nothing of the last time or they had a situation I ran. They went over with eight F sixteens each carrying a pair of two thousand pound bombs into Iran and hit every single one of the targets. Basically, sixteen strikes, sixteen bombs, and all sixteen were right on target. And that's something that's actually been on the news.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's good to know, Larry. I appreciate that information. I really do. In two thousand pound bombs, are they considered bunk or busting capacity?
Speaker 12: Yes, they are. And in that case, each F sixteen carried a pair of them, and there were eight F sixteens involved in that, and the lieutenant colonel from Israeli Air Forces lad and they flew right over Jordanian airspace to access I ran.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's why Jordan responded, Larry, great information, Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm trying to get everybody else in, but that was one of the best calls of the night. As late as it was, I showed wish I could have talked. Call again and we'll we'll have a longer conversation.
Speaker 12: Okay, okay, and I'll let you go. I know they got other callers, but I thought i'd get that into. I'll let you get in Israel's dealt with Iran before and in some of the contact I've had that people normally wouldn't have had. It sounds like I'll let you escape me and get onto the next callers.
Speaker 2: All right, and thank thank you for your service. Appreciate it. Thank you, Larry. You got to keep rolling here, Steven Merrimack, Steve, you've got to be quick for me. Please go right ahead.
Speaker 5: I just want to say I would rather see a preemptive conventional attack like Israel did tonight than the alternative, which would have been a nuclear prevent because.
Speaker 2: Absolutely that that was what they were going to do.
Speaker 5: If if we're in developed a bomb and they already said they were not going to let them do it, this is the next best thing. I also believe that we've provided intelligence, you know, satellite intelligence to help Israel for these target getting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm certain of that. There's no question in my mind. I'm certain of that. Steve. Thank you, great points, well presented. Thank you. Next up, Bill and Danvers. Bill, I'm gonna get you in here and one more maybe go ahead, Bill.
Speaker 5: Get you up. No, it had to be done. And I don't want to say, you know, it's not yet a relief because we don't know, but hopefully it's at least effective. And yeah, and could they seem to take out some real leadership.
Speaker 2: So all they do with those guys are sleeping tonight. That's that's the mark of Israel. They're pretty smart. Thank you, Bill.
Speaker 5: All right, Yeah, I'll let you go.
Speaker 2: Bye, Thankyboddy, Larry you need him, Larry, you gotta be quick for Iim're gonna try to get one more and Larry.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, yes. Tom Lera is very famous around here. He listen Cambridge. He was born in nineteen twenty eight. He was brilliant. He's a mathematician, graduated High and Todd at MIT. And his topical music. I have some of his record his vinyl.
Speaker 2: That's that's what Maggie and the Cats and the catskills.
Speaker 10: I call just just to tell you about him, that he lives here in Cambridge and he came from New York.
Speaker 2: Thank you much, thanks, thank you so much. That's great to know. I hope he's doing well. Okay, my friend, Harvey Silverglade, Harvey, we got like thirty seconds that I can give you here.
Speaker 3: I can say it. In thirty seconds, the world is going to be howling at Israel's aggression, and eighty five percent of the world is going to be relieved.
Speaker 2: I think that's an astute observation. I truly believe that I really do well. We'll have a longer conversation maybe tomorrow night. Okay, thank you, my friend, Bye bye, bye bye. What do we gotta let you?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 2: Okay, let me get uh in Roxbury, Richard. I can give you about twenty seconds. You just called. What can you do with twenty seconds? Richard? Well, you got a call early. We got a bad connection. This all right, man, appreciate it. All right, We're done for the night. I don't know why. I don't know why people call that late and don't have their thoughts together. But that's that's a problem anyway. Dan Catano, thank you very much. Great job tonight. I want to thank his flexibility. Tonight. We'll get all of this stuff posted. You can find tonight's shows at Nightside on demand. He'll have them posted sometime by three or four o'clock tomorrow morning, I get to finish my night at dan Caps working. I want to thank Karen will send Me, who produced today's program, and I want to thank all of you for listening and all of you for calling all dogs all cats, so pets go to heaven. That's my pal Charlie ray Is, who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's why all your pets are who passed. They love you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. We'll see again tomorrow night. I will be on Facebook with Dan Ray very quickly. Just go to Night Side with Dan Ray on Facebook and we'll talk to you tomorrow night. A great Friday, everyone,