Speaker 1: You're listening.
Speaker 2: By end, you will pay us back just to let a show.
Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody. Are you on here? You hear me? What microphone am I on? I wonder if we can switch mid show? I didn't realize I unplugged the that's a good mic. So you're hearing me through the OD spot. Let's see if we can make switch mid show to be.
Speaker 2: Let's see hum.
Speaker 1: Better.
Speaker 2: I think that's better. What's up, guys? I just got a half assed call? Who was that from?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Man, I've been rolling all day. I'm to be honest with you. I'm still not really one hundred percent yet, Johnny five, come find me down here. I feel like I'm feel like I'm down here a little bit. Is that good? That's better? Right? Those of you don't know, we do this broadcast at the uh really at the will and the whim of a AI powered camera for many reasons, you know what I mean? Probably the biggest to be like, what is an AI camera gonna do? And it's gonna do a decent job at best. The camera's good. I can't complain. So who are the preppers? Man?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Who are preppers? Really? One of the things about prepper camp. It's not all the preppers, but it's people who are Like I'll go to prepper camp and it's people who are, you know, pretty well prepared if you ask me, based on the people I talk to, and you know, one of the things that you find is see, I always look at preppers and I think characteristics, not demographics, right or not, not, location, somewhat political, almost always faithful, Very rare that they're not in the faith to some degree. I don't know if that is if it is the faith that gets them the prepping or the prepping that gets them to faith, or if it's both. For me, it was the faith the prepping that got me to faith, probably more so than anything, right, But it's really the characteristics. You know. It is a desire to learn, undoubtedly, right. You have to have a desire to learn to be a prepper. You almost have to enjoy it, right, Like I want to learn. And it's not just about learning how to like you know, install a rain barrow, or how to package up your own food storage, or how to shoot and move and communicate. It's about, like you want to learn about the bigger picture. A lot of time, preppers are people who want to know what's really going on in this world and how's it going to affect me? And there's almost this desire to take in too much information, right And I think that has to do with I think that really has to do with you want to understand what the threat is, right Like, you want to know what the threat is. But a good prepper is also going to have not just a desire for knowledge, but they're also gonna have a will to get things done right or else you're gonna be like a prepper in name only. You're gonna be the type of person that just listens to world news, prepper related news and that kind of thing, and just that's it. You know, maybe one day I'll make some moves and do some things to get me and my family more prepared, But until then, I'm just gonna listen. And this is a real part of the deal. I mean, we can't pretend like this isn't part of the deal. There are people like this. But another characteristic of a prepper is someone who's gonna get stuff done. They appreciate the hustle, they appreciate the project, they appreciate the feeling afterword after the fact, the satisfaction that comes along with building a chicken coop, putting up a fence, knocking down some trees to make a bigger pasture or yard or whatever it is. Right Like, these things are a pain in the ass, and they but they deliver a kind of uh satisfaction that you can't get, you know, in many other ways. But there is another characteristic that I think every single prepper has, and it's one that we rarely talk about. If anyone has ever talked about it, but me, probably not. I'm not sure. I don't know. But preppers all have some ability to foreshadow and some ability to use their imagination to consider unthinkable events. Right. In other words, one of the most one of the clearest and most defining factors of being a prepper is you can take a headline, and you do take headlines and turn them into foreshadowing or use your imagination right to to really drive yourself into a sort of apocalyptic frenzy to get stuff done. I'm looking for one right now. One hour ago, the Epic Times US Strategic Petroleum Reserve at lowest level since nineteen eighty two. This is from the Epic Times. This is not a CNN hit piece, Okay, not a lot of good news over at the Epic Times. By the way, looks like talks with Iran or stalemated again. Iran says straight offor moves to remain shut until US meets deal conditions. Pretty interesting. Iran plans to expand war, Trump backs North Korean peace talks. But you're able to take a headline like that, right and go oil shortage. Oil shortage means food doesn't get delivered because tractor trailers need gasoline. Right, no food on tractor trailers means and so on and so on and so forth. Right, and the dominoes fall in your head. That's enough to get frenzied. That's the foreshadowing, that's the imagination. But then, as I mentioned, preppers also have the will. You gotta have the will, you gotta have the work ethic in order to say, okay, well, because all of that could play out, I'm gonna put food up, I'm gonna buy food storage. Then I have to and sometimes people's preppers and people stop there. But if you're going to invest in some kind of long term food storage, you also have to invest in some means of preparing that long term food storage. Right. As I mentioned before, probably the biggest weakness of your year's worth of food is that you're gonna have to simmer those foods if you buy them, you know, if they're if they're freeze dried meals that you buy from a company, You're gonna have to simmer those freeze dried meals for twenty minutes till they rehydrate, soften, and become what they're supposed to be. That's that those are package instructions, you know, So just do the math. Twenty forty sixty. You're burning fuel three meals a day, one hour a day, burning fuel straight. That's to simmer, not to get it to a simmer, right, So it's really more than that. So having the food storage is not enough. You also have to plan right how you're gonna fuel it, how you're gonna cook. I'm sorry, I'm like super laid back today. I'm not like done getting back to full strength yet from preppercam. I thought I took yesterday off completely and I thought i'd wake up today like yeah, let's do it. But I'm still worn out. It's crazy, it's it's pretty crazy. The weekend took a lot out of me, more than I thought. But whatever, you know, it's not it's probably not gonna come hauling back. We just have to get back to life schedule and then, you know, do those things. But I wanted to get on here and talk about it because I met I met preppers from every every walk of life, every demographic, and every class and so on and so forth. You know, guys you could talk to for five minutes and no, you rich, you know what I mean. And guys you could talk to for five minutes and go, you're you're right here on the ground level man, working class man. You know, For me, it's it's never a challenge to talk to any class of people. I don't know if that's a special skill or not. It's it's sort of Kipling esque, if you know what I mean. But it's just a skill probably from I feel like, I don't know, maybe it's working as a dishwasher all the way up to becoming a chef that gave me that ability, you know what I mean, Because when you work as a dishwasher prep cook, you're working with working class people. Sometimes working class people don't even speak your language, right, And as you work your way up and become a chef, you find yourself in the dining room talking to the polar opposite. Now you're talking to rich people who are out fine dining American rich people who are out fineding dining, and you meet them on their level with the things that they're enjoying, right, and you find out, you know, sometimes you can find out they're really nice people, really good people, you know, hidden behind the money, or you find out the money is to hide the fact that they're really nightmarish monsters. And when you have money, a lot of times you don't have to drill down very far to find out who they really are. Usually, you know it. If you're trying to make money, if you're trying to become something, then you kind of you get good at hiding your worst parts because you know you got to present your best to get ahead. But when you're rich, you know that I don't really care how this interaction goes, because I get to go home to a big old bed in a big old house and lots of money, and you know this guy is not going to take it all from me. But inside of all of that, you know, I spend a lot of time talking to a lot of people over the weekend from varying you know, strata of society, and the one thing in common was what they're at Prepper Camp. And listen, the one thing about this year's Prepper Camp is you didn't stay because it was a fun thing to do this weekend. Okay, there was a filtration system enacted on the attendees on day one, and that filtration system was one hundred plus heat indecks, which let you know and let you understand, like, okay, the people, oh who are here are here because they choose to be here. In fact, they're willing theirselves to be here. And just so you know, I saw people from all levels of society, all races, genders, you know what I mean, demographic backgrounds, suffering to be a Prepper camp. So that let me know, you know, these are the people, are the real deal. They didn't you know. It wasn't like like when I went to the Kennett Square Mushroom Festival back when I was a chef. I went to the Kennet's Square Mushroom Festival back when I was a chef because well, mushrooms are one of my favorite ingredients. But it was fun. It was a thing to do. Take my young wife or girlfriend. I can't remember if we're married yet or not, to the Kennet Square Mushroom Festival. Grab a bag of hers mushroom flavored chips like back in seven eight, like before wild flavored chips, reaven out and do that sort of thing, you know, spend an hour, go home, put it on the I did it list. If it were one hundred and eleven or whatever, one hundred plus eat indecks, I wouldn't have gone to the Kennet Square Mushroom Festival, damn sure wouldn't have camped there. And I wouldn't have went back three days in a row and listened to people talk to me about mushrooms. So what that meant to me is that we were in the presence of real dedicated preppers at Prepper Camp twenty twenty six, and it brought about all this in my head, you know what I mean, Like, who are the real preppers? Who are the prep.
Speaker 1: Who are the sorry my laptop is.
Speaker 2: Failing me at the moment, Who are the real preppers? What makes them? Up? Right? It's the people with the bunkers, the people with the guns. Is the people with the this and the that and the other thing. I think what it really is is Uh, it's a characteristic thing. It's a character thing, you know, it really is a character thing. I don't know if that's because there's a lot of military in the prepping world. I don't know, if that's because there's a lot of medical I don't know, if that's because there's a lot of heartache. I don't know why it's that way. I have almost none of the above, And uh, I try to be a good example there, you know what I mean. People need help, we help them. It's it's second nature. Maybe it's just.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The other thing about it is there is an overwhelming patriotism in the prepping community. Maybe it's apparent thing. Maybe it's the way you're brought up to. What I do know and what I've seen tested time and time again in the presence of many many preppers, is that that uh uh with the trustworthy buch deal with a group of people. At least there we go, I uh plugged my power back into the computer. Now you need a minion mm hmmm mm hmmm hm h moment to realize what's going on. Mm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I think we're good. I'd like your thoughts on it. Really I said, send an email out today to our mailing list about my course, my class that I did there at Prepper Camp. I have a couple offers for all the people who were there at the course, and I've already emailed those who gave me their mail, but I want to email you. You guys the opportunity to to see me. You be in looking at a starting owned bassiness and now that's something a lot of people do. They want to free one dependent. So look for that new email. My internet connection something seems to be failing me, So let me know what you think, whether through email, contact information. Who are the preppers really? What's been your experience because that what kind of interests me? Okay, and visit survivalscripts dot com. Man, So many people saw the survival scripts kit this weekend at my booth and they were blown away by it. So you might as well check it out yourself. Survivalscripts dot com