Speaker 1: Good time for rock news on one oh one one w JRR, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One oh one one w JRR.
Speaker 2: Rock News is brought to you by Jr's Tuesday Ticket takeover. That happening all day today on the JRR Instagram at one oh one one w JRR.
Speaker 1: Tickets for nothing more. Hell now you're interested at one o one one WJRR on Instagram. Click on the post. You might be the winner, And I say winner. This is also a meet and greet, not just tickets in the show.
Speaker 2: There you go, you'd by there sometime today. There's these two idiots who are in the post instructing you what to do. You might be aware of who they are real jergos. Yeah, all right. H Lincoln Park's return with a new vocalist Emily Armstrong has not gone without controversy. H Man. I guess, take a while. Guess Chester's ex Chester Bennington's son, Jamie Bennington. He is blasting Mike Shnoda of quote, quietly erasing his father's life and legacy in a real time via choosing Emily from dead Sarah, He said via Instagram. You hired your friend of many years, Emily Armstrong to replace Chester, knowing Emily's history in the church that would be the Church of Scientology and her history as an ally to Danny Masterson that would be convicted rapist. Yes, Masterson, he didn't hold back. He acqued Shanoda of ignoring the impact this decision might have on the band's fan base, particularly those affected by sexual violence. Quote. You quietly erased my father's life and legacy in real time during International Suicide Prevention Month and refused to acknowledge the impact of hiring someone like Emily without so much as clarifying a clarifying statement on the variety of victims that make up your core fan base.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think about his suicide prevention money.
Speaker 2: It continued on. You betrayed the trust loaned to you by decades of fans and supporting human beings, including myself. We trusted you to be bigger and a better person, to be the change because you promised us that was your intention. Now you're just senile and tone deaf. How old is this kid? Because he sounds I think he's uh he's a grown man now.
Speaker 1: He sounds very mature. He's a grown man and well put to be Chester's kid. Yeah, Chester, I mean, wasn't that all?
Speaker 2: Eh? Quite interesting? Wow?
Speaker 1: And all those points now the heat now that he puts that out on an instid, I didn't know a lot of that.
Speaker 2: That said. Lincoln Parks upcoming shows in Los Angeles and New York quickly sold out after going on sale. The first one is tomorrow at the Kia Forum in LA that's sold out in less than an hour. Then there's the September sixteenth show at the Barclay Center in Brooklyn, sold out in minutes, and then additional shows internationally. Noel Gallagher of Oasis is selling off the Oasis song catalog. It's cashing ounce after the much hyped Oasis reunion was announced last month. Gallagher is planning to sell off the Oasis catalog for over two hundred million, two hundred and sixty two million dollars. The fifty seven year old Gallagher said he wants to set up his family for life and would rather sell than leave his music to his kids, joking that they would probably swap it out for a PlayStation game. There were reports that Noel and his brother Liam were offered a payday of sixty million dollars to launch the Reunion tour next year.
Speaker 1: So did Liam get in his money because all I heard.
Speaker 2: Was Noel is selling his portion of the Oasis publisher So also to go along with the reunion and tour, they have recorded a new album. There was a rumor about that. Liam Gallagher was asked if the rumors were true about a new album being in the works. Liam replied, YEP, it's already finished, so your face. Patti Scalfa, Bruce Springsteen's wife of thirty three years and bandmate for over forty, has revealed that she's had a rare form of blood cancer known as multiple myeloma since twenty eighteen. This news came out during the premiere showing of the film Road Diary Bruce Springsteen and the East Street Band at the Toronto International Film Festival. So this had been kept quiet by the family until this past weekends. Wish her well in her ongoing battle. Yeah, you know. Motley Crue has some well new music out. They're dropping out a three song EP called Canceled that will be released on October fourth, Dogs of War, which you've been hearing here on JRR. The TI track canceled, as well as the Beastie Boys cover Fight for Your Right CD, Red Black Splatter twelve inch forty five vinyl and digitally, and then additional crew news hearkening back to their humble beginnings on the Sunset Strip. A Sunset Strip tour of shows October seventh, ninth, and eleventh. They'll play the famed troubadour The Roxy and Whiskey A Go Go Got It sound Gardens Black Hole sun is the music for the trailer and TV spot for the season two premiere of the FX series The Old Man, which I can't wait for. I think Thursday is when that gets rolling again on season two. Who's in The Old Man? Jeff Bridges, Okay, it's Cia old CIA spy kind of still doing CIA spy relating stuff. Van Morrison and former Northern Ireland Minister of Health Robin Swan have settled the slander suits they filed against each other dating back to the COVID era. Van Morrison was very outspoken about the Minister of Health there at the time in Northern Ireland shutting down live performances because of COVID and they went back and forth and said some pretty well nasty things about each other. I guess they have decided to settle. Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins honored Cheap Trick guitarist Rick Nielsen on his social media on Sunday, posting a backstage photo of the two of them and calling Nielsen his hero. He said that he wouldn't be in a band today if it wasn't for the inspiration that Cheap Trick gave him circa nineteen seventy seven when I was just ten years old listening to them on the radio in Chicago. And finally, Michael Anthony from Van Halen says that he never expected that he'd be the last original Van Halen member still out playing on the road. He was talking in a recent interview that before Eddie van Halen's death in twenty twenty, he always thought that it would have been either him and Alex or whatever that would have carried on after everybody was gone, or everybody broke up or everybody stopped getting along. He goes, and here I am, I'm the guy. You know. Alex has sold off all his equipment and doesn't really seem to have any interest in playing anymore. David Lee' off he's retired from touring, and here's Michael out with Sammy Hagar and the guy's doing their thing, and he said he found that to be a bit of a surprise. That is interesting. Yeah. Anyway, that's that's your rock news for this morning. That Lincoln Park stuff. Who wee, that's deep the cuts, very deep, right.
Speaker 1: Quip like one oh one one double U j R R.
Speaker 2: Orlando's rock station.