Speaker 1: Here we are with any new episode of Pin of Pages of Nick, and today we're back in our normal format. Last week again, Brad was so rating Little Titus and her graduation so little Phone, yeah so and her graduating, so congrats and.
Speaker 2: And uh so.
Speaker 1: We had Rick sit in think for it. For sitting in watching the pay per view with us. It was fun to want him, you know, like something would happen in wrestling and he's like.
Speaker 2: What the fuck is going on?
Speaker 3: I could imagine that because he kept pointing out to me. He's like, I don't watch Rustle. I haven't seen anything since like what he said, the early two thousands.
Speaker 1: Early two Yeah, and he's like, I stopped watching when China stopped wrestling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it was like.
Speaker 1: It was like he's like, I'm gonna watch this forever. So I have no clue what's going on. And Levite's like, well, I really don't either, and Rick was just like, no, really seriously, like at least you hear your dad talk about it. I truly don't know what's going on other than now We're walking around Grant Sailing yesterday and somebody said something and Rick Plympic Man goes.
Speaker 2: Perfect it's all.
Speaker 1: So it is stuck in everybody's brain now that visits a store that when you say it, you have to go back.
Speaker 2: How about Elmo?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Blake sent me that yesterday, dude, and stand altinking the Kurts how low.
Speaker 2: That me and Alex were talking about here and I was like, oh, it'd be so amazing for him to be on systems. He didn't even that he could play it off in a way that's appropriate. My favorite is his couvert photo. Yeah, it's just I think, Okay, here, I have this conspiracy theory. John Cena retires number one kid's arrests. They need a new number one kidsress. Yeah, and that's why they get a lot. Oh they want kids to like Dan Housen because he gets along with Sina and they need a new marketing thing because I'm sorry, but the kids are probably the entire of John seen at the point. I think he's in He's in movies and stuff.
Speaker 1: I think Cody said the end of the day on his podcast.
Speaker 2: Florida thousand that Dan Houston is now the number one merchandise person. W w E. So no, we're tiny. Well, I was trying to get so they could see it, Oh my god, and such a it's like suing the force awake, guys. I wanted the people to be able to see forms housing. So yeah, he is like just incredible.
Speaker 1: I love that he's just like he pops up on, he pops up on, like people start talking about him on podcasts, you know, and and things like that. Did the Knicks win last night again? Game two last night?
Speaker 3: I mean, look up there, Knicks haven't lost in Tabri twenty third, okays ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the Knicks one again? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's been fighting the miz. We still don't know what he's building. They now have released a shirt called Brunson Housen because that's Jalen Brunson's famous post. So w released shirt called Brunson Outs.
Speaker 2: Like fucking for was just all.
Speaker 1: Just supposedly last night during the NHL game, one of the NHL teams requested, it's the spur trying to steal that out.
Speaker 2: One of the hockey teams requested that Dan Housen curse the other hockey team. Yeah right up here, Okay, he was promoting his cameo with it.
Speaker 1: Paid Dan Housen human money to uncurse his team.
Speaker 2: So he's cursed the.
Speaker 3: Hurricanes, and then in small parentheses, Dan Housen is not responsible for uncursing being altered by outside forces.
Speaker 2: Uncurse at your own risk. Disclaimer alsend. That's what it's gone. I mean, this dude is like, I mean, it's great. He is sports all of an act from Back to the Future. I recognize that anywhere.
Speaker 1: The when is he he requested something?
Speaker 2: Didn't he?
Speaker 1: He requests He made a request, a ridiculous request about Oh, he wants a float at the Thanksgiving Day parade.
Speaker 2: He wants to announce and float. I don't think that they already have the next win.
Speaker 1: He wants New York City to give him a float in the Macy's Day parade.
Speaker 2: You know, it's all like they were like, all right, you can go ahead and announce the float. And then his announcing a float is demanding. If that's how he announces things, I just it's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what it was. He requested his own float.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, this is the one time I'm out with the ai R. This is the This is also the one time I just want to see a float go down. So just seeing the face of Dan House and slowly deflate on top of a crowd of people cheering their fucking ass off because they would be living for it. Oh my god. Oh man.
Speaker 1: So, just in case anybody didn't know, we didn't plan on starting this episode with Dan Holison, but we did, and we have and this has all been brought to you. Credit h Clay Crety for his involvement with the Dan Housen.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So do you also see his ps? What's hiss? Give them up?
Speaker 3: Who lives in garbage cannon apartment? So you can get off the streets and turn his life.
Speaker 2: He's gonna end up on Sensening Street this high with mom. This I need. Dan Halsey is the next. I'm working on a purchase of the serialized version of the Car from Magic Like. I am trying to track one down, but it is so fucking hard to buy one right now. But I am going to find three sixteen if I can help it out of five beetter, so you get through sixteen on the bottom of the Dana houts and card. I love that. I'm gonna look so fucking hard, gen Con, I'm gonna call around what what not? Which card? The Dan now says your master of a review from talking to me marching machines. Yeah, it's the one that triggers you say Jerry Master of just jury Master, and you'll find it.
Speaker 4: Throw the TG at the bottom. Yeah, I didn't work MTGMGG. I just heard the TG and I was like, okay, I also parently can't spell.
Speaker 2: But there's a serialized version of that one. Been scrolling scrif ale every day. Can't go to scriphle and just type dury of the top. Fuck.
Speaker 3: At this point, I was looking to see if there's any listings. O.
Speaker 2: There has it been since it fucking came out? TCG players never handled one. Really, Yeah, that's what's hard about it starts the games is a place to look. I'm hoping to not have embraded one, but I will fucking buyegraded one and crack it open.
Speaker 1: So what if I can just find what if we should just crack open some uh march of the machine.
Speaker 2: If you can give them, I'd only get him from distributor and I will. I will buy in hard as fuck. You can get it reasonably priced. Just tcg's all over the place, buy insect hands. Kind of weird. It's lower to buy new specs than it is. Oh, Okay, it's kind of a in a weird fucking price range, but.
Speaker 3: That's the closest thing I said, notify me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you got any distributors with extra boxes lainground, I mean, now a little fucking works up now, but I will chase to find one for Marching Machines. I need to make sure it's I don't know if it's Aftermath or the or reap with us set. It looked like it was.
Speaker 3: It's the specifically on TCG players in the multi verse legends.
Speaker 2: Subjects anyway, they had Multiverse Legends was also in the Aftermath. Oh was it?
Speaker 3: I've just had don't have anything.
Speaker 2: On mar maybe not. I might be wrong, but either way, I'm looking for specific the three sixteen. If we can find it, that would be even better. Yeah, they had three sixteen for sure, for sure. And I have a limit on advice, but.
Speaker 5: It's pretty uh I'll sell go.
Speaker 2: I don't care what exactly that's it's worth two hundred thousand dollars. Like TCGA, this the serialized uh oh.
Speaker 3: Oh bosh is busted out of March of the Machines.
Speaker 2: That's what it's a cerealize it's probably number one. They don't even have a picture of that. Normally they post a picture with that. That's gonna be the most there. There were so many serialized cards in that set that people walked into their binders. Ah, so people are sitting on these cars with not really want to get rid of them because not many people have serialized. They like to hold onto them, so it it kind of god. Yeah, so it's tough, but yes, I would love to chase after that, and then I do. If we can't fucking get it, we take any other cereal lies we get to trade for adah or something on to fucking we'll do a log on tracking down the three sixteen daisousands. Yeah, gold Steve, what that is awesome? That's awesome. We'm trying to buy all it to the two. You're a lot easier to the team. I have two of them. I understood little Google searches, but from what it looks like, it's just marching the machine. Okay, And there are sixty five different ones. You can get sixty five different Cereal life so that's a lot. Yeah, that's the fight. That's quite a few. Yeah, that seems some of the expensive ones are at least on TCG player I guess it's not gonna be right, but the tracks, see, and that's the ship we ended up pulling, like some super cool ones and not the cheap one, not the one we cared about. And it's like way too many serialized cards in this set, you know.
Speaker 1: But if we did pull a couple of three or four dollar dollar ones, we might be able to get.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll be honest, it would depend on which ones, because some of those I would keep, uh right, yeah, like yeah, I keep sollow.
Speaker 3: There is it bleeds into three pages of I would probably keep because.
Speaker 2: I have that one in and the Wolverine as an artist proof, so it'd just be nice to have another super fucking high end version of it. Finn wouldn't get Finn any of the is Lewis serialized, because Lauris would be one to keep. I see all the other companions. Let's see you page for Nim of course for Agavan. You know fucking that right, you just about a bitch for life on your showf yes, Oh come on, what about sweet Sweet? And you just you fucking throw that one in the trash. He's two thousand dollars, everybody, He'll come back, because that's what he does. You throw him in the trash and he just comes back on his own.
Speaker 3: At least listed I'll be on TCG.
Speaker 2: I'm not seeing earse. Yeah, see, that would be hard. There's so many good ones to keep. He'd fuck how far. I can't remember how words in that one. There's Lewis forty buds first. Oh, that's just a halo foil where uh mouse was just over them all the way to the right. Oh there he is. Oh I know which one this one isle of Lewis.
Speaker 1: There's a new and and I'll take this shortcut before we start with our main subject.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, I was just keep on talking about yeah this ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I saw the cat. I saw the cat. You know my name me because my distributor just jumped. My distributor just released and announced that they're they've got a it's not a TCG. It is legitimately just a set up. Er deck made a cat made cat cart. Well see here cards with all cats on them. And they made them like they made like parallels and special borders and like it's like and and I was waiting for them to say we even have autographed cat cards, Like I was waiting for something ridiculous, but well, it's like basically just all cats.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, okay, I have a weird vibe with cats. I generally fucking can't cats. I do, but but you don't hear that. Some cats and chills. And I'm like, I don't like everybody's cats, but like, I don't know, I don't like them as a whole. It's like there's some good ones, and there's a lot of fucking bats. Yeah, and I'm like, we got one good one that hangs out on a porch and I feed it and make sure it don't die. It doesn't lived my motherfucking house, And like, nothing against people who like cats, like I get it, but I just that's that trust something about them.
Speaker 3: For us. I've always been more of a dog person, but having a growing up we had the fucking eleven different cats, and then being with Kyla, it's like I enjoyed them. I don't mind them. I've told her, if I had my way, I just have one dog and that's it.
Speaker 2: Well, and you've you've got like chill cats. Yeah, like except for one, which is the one that's always around us, making her press it. So yeah, and she's chilling the same regard. Yeah, the best.
Speaker 1: Part of her is that like she is like you, she really doesn't fuck with you. And if you fuck with her and then but it's fun to fuck with her because she gets so irritating and she's so fat that she has trouble getting her around that.
Speaker 3: That one's gonna become fucking fat.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but they they the one we got our reports. Rolls in the dirt like a dog and it comes up. It doesn't really play. It just allows just next to you and I'll let you a pet it. And it's not like it doesn't fucking do anything other than just hey, I exist outside. I can move and say I didn't sit with you, and then you get up and go inside and it's just fine and goes off an adventures around. I'm all right cool.
Speaker 1: He named it didn't take it with you, so.
Speaker 2: Like I said, it rolls in the dirt. His favorite spot is to roll in all the fucking dust underneath on the truck, so we named it Dusty Roads. Nice, not quite as boisterous, but does talk a lot for the cat. As soon as you come out there and start petting, and it's fucking lays down and gets its belly rooms nice. Yes, it's now dusty Roads and it's an all black cat, so there's lots of all black cats running around lately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's got two little white spots on two toes and then another that he's like pitch black and that's black.
Speaker 2: That is Boba. Yeah, Boba, I insist it's Boba fett. But no, don't let leave by life. He just really enjoys ween milk tea from the middle of them all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kyla loves his Boba tea.
Speaker 2: I enjoy. He can take the balls out and fucking balls, but milk and tea is a fantastic guy.
Speaker 3: I deal without the tapioca balls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, balls in my mouth. I'm trying to take a dream have Do you even know what Boba is? What? I don't even Yeah, he's from Star Wars and he's a fucking he's a quarter.
Speaker 3: In the first three movies, his all of his voice lines could be added up into the original tweet amount, which was only one hundred and forty four characters, So three movies of screen time and having voice slides, they can probably summed up in one hundred and forty four characters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I admit some of it's like automotipio sounds he made well.
Speaker 3: One of them is say, one of the longest ones because people just use it.
Speaker 2: It's his last voice, like ah, and he falls into the sarlac. They have good to Me Dead.
Speaker 1: That's the only reason they filled up the last forty. Yeah, it's like a couple of stranges.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's no good to me dead. That's the one I remember. Does he have any others? I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's I mean, that's the faintest one. He's no good with me dead.
Speaker 3: Because he tells four lines of dialogue.
Speaker 1: He tells, as you wish, he's no good to me dead. What if he doesn't surride? It's weared a lot to me but Captain solo.
Speaker 2: In the cargo hold.
Speaker 1: It's funny that like his first two lines, as you wish and he's no good to me Dead sound like to line spoken by characters from fritzss Bridem So it does.
Speaker 2: It doesn't pop if you think it was. Why do you think both of those movies have so good they had Well, I don't think you.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've told Brad I didn't sit down and watch here.
Speaker 2: And I finally said don Well. I thoroughly enjoyed that movie. Yeah. It's one of those times where you're like, wow, those old fucks aren't lying. Yeah, and also you can very much tell Andres in a horrible fucking condition. Yeah, I know, yeah, from just all the behind the scenes ship but even watching it, I was like, oh, you look rough, buddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the behind the scenes stuff is just funny, you know, to watch like Rob Royner telling the story of him. Uh, you know, they were they they had to bring Robin right down on on streams like and hold her like with a hoist because he couldn't actually hold her. He wasn't strong, he had lost all this drek, so he literally or his back was in such a shake he couldn't hold her. So they had to hold her up with strings and act like he was holder. And he said they were standing there waiting to drop her down, and he said, andre out.
Speaker 2: Like like a like.
Speaker 1: Five and a half minute far just stood there and just like just like this giant, fucking massive fart that just like took forever. And he said, everybody is like sitting like just kind of waiting for it to finish.
Speaker 2: And then it ended, and Reiner was like Andre, are you okay? And all Andre did was go, I don't know. It was like it was like that was.
Speaker 1: But it was like, yeah, I'm mean, that was one of those things where it's.
Speaker 2: Just like, Dan, there is somebody that left the fucking room to go to the bathroom and came back and it was still cooling.
Speaker 1: Dan Zuger and Will Sasso told that story like Dan Suger told that story of.
Speaker 2: Hearing Rob Ryder tell it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then it led into them having a conversation about the fact that they had just wished that they hadn't been Like Will Sasso was like, I would have just loved to have met Andre so that I could hear one of his parts, like he goes. I know, it's the weirdest thing that Like when people talk about Andre, they talk about his gas, they talk about him playing cards, and they talk about how much he could drink, and he is like, I just want like.
Speaker 2: Those are the those would be the three things.
Speaker 1: I would just want to sit with him with a bottle of whisky, playing cards, and I just at least once I want to hear and smell his fart.
Speaker 2: I don't want to smell it. But yeah, that was a little flat. I was like, if I could have been in the room for the four or five minutes far, you would have probably thought of paramedic because I would have like started seizing it a point, like laughing minute three and I've lost all function of my on that floor and I'm gonna it's gonna be torture at a point, yeah, like I'm gonna be. It's one of those ones when you get stuck in the you can't stop to laugh. Yeah, and now you're crying and the inside is terror.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know why you stop. Oh man.
Speaker 1: So okay, well enough about Dan Housen and Andre giant man fart. We'll get into the main attraction.
Speaker 2: Twenty four minutes and we'll get.
Speaker 1: Into the main attraction of what we were gonna discuss today, and that was.
Speaker 2: Brad's going to.
Speaker 1: Fill us in on one of his hobbies that we don't talk about very often.
Speaker 2: I don't do it anymore, but and that is a skyw yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so I obviously have never been real or fake.
Speaker 2: He hasn't done one of those. Summary's going. He's gonna train, He's gonna do that. My the lose wanting too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: When we had talked about bringing this up. It was funny because I do you remember when you were eighteen and Pat Paul was gonna like get flying lessons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I wanted to jump out of a plane and he took it as I wanted flying lessons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he offered me the same thing. And Brad was like, you mean, in a different universe we were all friends because you guys knew how to fly planes and I jumped out of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, he's like, well, because of the comic book store we meet, because you guys have.
Speaker 2: A plane and you fly and I jump out of them.
Speaker 3: And I was like, you're probably an alternate universe that that that you are making me realize could have spawned is just outrageous.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's the thing is like I know pretty much every islet in town in some aspect, either I know who they are or I know the personally, like they're ain't a whole fucking lot. But yeah, it's like I would have done it in some capacity. We would have cross bats at some point, Yeah, I would. You probably could have met Morty because he was causing you to not be able to take off across Tarment. I did that a couple of times. That's awesome, but no it yeah, we could have totally fucking met somewhere else. So how did you get into Skydemming? Well, it's kind of weird. It's a a sad story. My grandpa had passed away and like me and him were very, very close, And the earliest memory I can recall to in the life in general is he took me on a plane ride out at the airport. It was like an open one of their open houses, but it was like fucking early nineties. I was like four or five. My mom's got the it written down somewhere on baby book type things at home, but no, he took me on this fight and I remember being inside the plane and like riding with him, and it was like the coolest fucking thing in my life. So when he passed away, I was trying to think of something to kind of go back to that memory, and I had just read in the newspaper the skydivers had settled in out at the airport, and so as I could call him up, I scheduled they were doing classes to where they teach you this sky so you can do it on your own as well. Because I was like, fucking if I'm gonna do it, let's at least try to start so I can do it on my own instead of doing it once right. Plus I was afraid of like I didn't have a good proclivity for heading out a good path and in rough times, so I was like I needed something constructive, and I was like, we'll try this, and uh no, it was a I think it was sometime around uh September. No, and sept it was like around real baby, he'll get share. Oh, you have your fucking book. That's awesome. So I got my long book. First jump was six twenty eight, twenty fifteen, so oh this month year, yeah, only one days now three weeks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and uh yeah, yeah Jesus, that's uh but no, what what the interesting worry about this was I show up and they're one of the few drop zones left in the United States that.
Speaker 2: Still did a student progression with what is called ID and structor assisted deployment, And basically, you get out of the plane, they have your pilot shoot and they stand in place of the static on it, which if you've ever seen military troopers jump out, they all jump out and the lion pulls their parachute and then they just all fall to go and that's kind of how they taught, except the stand in was the instructor. You just hold your pilot shoot and when you fall he keeps up ultimate it pulls your shoot, so there's no free fall in between, and it's to make sure you can learn and you can't be still some land to damn thing. And then once you're good to land, they go up higher and you start free fall and you get structure gets out with you, and it's kind of like it's an old school way. A lot of places don't do it because insurance is a little weird, and like higher populated areas they can't, like it's just not feasible or Trup's worthy enough to make sure all the students are gonna be able to do it. It's like backwoods Indiana works, you know, where fucking crazy dude has done nothing but extreme sports his whole wife, Like he's going to be fine out here in elite stuff, doing a whole lot of damage, but no I show up. We go through the class. It's an eight hour class, and the day we were supposed to jump got rained out, but we still did the class. And then it was show up the next day, and that's when they had an open house, or maybe maybe it was for like some kind of I can't remember exactly what it was, but I think it was an open house, and that means there's an assulent people there. There was food vendors, like I don't know if you've ever been to an open house at the airport, but they do, and they have people riding airplanes and you can pay to ride, and then like they've just got wild families shit out there. Well, my family comes out to watch. I get the plane and we take off, and the next thing I hear is this filass buzzer going off. I've never been in assessin, so I'm just like, oh, that's you know, maybe that's a buzzer that goes off when it says you're off the fucking ground. Because that's when it happened. No, I turn around in the entire one shield. It's now covered in fucking oil and a pilot can't see out the one shield. So I'm looked over at my instructor. I'm like, what's going on and he's like, oh, hold on, just don't worry about it. And then there is a fun jumper who was on there, and she was a nice lady, but she's like, just kind of put your put your vat down and you know, kind of sit back. And I'm like, oh, I looked at beause I'm not putting my fucking head down. I'm looking out the window, I'm looking around. I'll be cool and call don't worry, but i am not putting my head in between my fucking knees. And sure enough, the oil cap had blown off of the engine and when it did, it shot a bunch of oil up, so he had to make the impossible turn and immediately turn around to try to land back on the runway with another like actual pattern, which is very difficult to do. Plus he can't see. And when managed to land just fine, the plane is fine. Put oil and then a clean the windshield off and then coming back in at the dog again the same poe and yeah, so quick cluestioning why didn't he turn on his wainst wipers. I don't feel like we're going. Everybody that is usually.
Speaker 1: All fast enough that water just falls off a bunch of rain eggs. They bring meler and helps blow it off.
Speaker 2: The oil tastes to stick a little bit in its back, but that would give up and I had a successful jump. I wind and just fine. But it was so nerve wracking because it was in front of a lot of fucking people and they had that problem, and everybody's like my I told them, mom, like, are gonna get back in and go up? And it's like you can instantly see on people's faces when they're like, oh, so you're gonna go die.
Speaker 1: Like we almost just saw your certain death and you're like running to go I want to do that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw the people I was with made it comfortable. The pilot, uh would later I would get enough of a friendship with it. He became like one of my ultime favorite pilots, the most trustworthy guy I'd ever fucking been an airplane with. And he was like a few years younger. This kid is at eighteen when he did this. What he was getting from loading he was from Uh he was a student at Purdue and they're licensed to fly and all that. It was a way of helping him get at certain ratings they could not get from school. Ah. So that when you're training to be a pilot, you have to go in a private world to get some of your training in order to get all the degrees and stuff. It's for the commercial side, very fucking confusing, and that's why I just decided to jump out instead of why you know that's fair, But yeah, I know. I took off from there and then I continued doing it all the way. Let's see. Last last recorded jump was twenty one. That was in Frankfurt. Yeah, I was in a while. I'd like to get back to it. But I got up to seventy two jumps. But some of them will not necessarily counted. No, find some good. Some of them won't necessarily some of them aren't all up to code. Yeah, here, here we go. This is a good one. This was in twenty twenty during COVID skyagging over Niaga Falls. Essentially, Oh and there's a drops out. When we went camping, we did a whole fucking tour of Upstaby or me and Alex and uh yeah, we got to walk to Niagara Falls and get a picture of the falls in the background with no other fucking people. Oh that's awesome, it's coming. Everybody was COVID shy and they weren't going to places and it was one of those public areas that technically couldn't be shut down, like some of the attractions could be or you know, social distancing things or implemented, and it was like any other fucking like it was. There was nothing fucking wrong. And then it was like a few months later on a border right where we were staying and got that fucking trunk fit was set on fire. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I think it went long after that, but that was a fun one. I don't know if you's got any questions.
Speaker 3: I d We've talked about it a little bit before when we went to I think it was Elkhart for the one convention we did for you. Would you ever think about doing the squirrels?
Speaker 2: I don't know what they actually call them, but yeah, do you know what I mean by the squirrel suit's dad wing suits? Wing suits? Like the batants? Yeah? Yeah. So essentially like with those, is you want to be very well experienced jumping. Does it have a does it have a parachute? Do you have one? All of this? Okay, do you pull it or do you just use your lad? It the same way. The only difference is is everything that has to be symmetrical, so when you pull parachute, you bring a handback. If you do that in a wing suit, you're rolling over instantly because you have to pull like you're pulling with both hands and throwing out like you have to give a flat inclosurely you try to slow down, catches a little nut of air, so they usually like, do one of those, and you gotta do its wild, And there's so many different aspects to it that are really fucking This is what I wanted to work my way out to. Yeah, this is what I saw. The halo jumper.
Speaker 1: Is this like is this a jump that you do after you've done X amount of jumps with the okay, yeah, it's like this is a progressive if you were the most perfect skydiver and naturally talented individual of all time, that no one's probably ever done it unless they're like they're prest into the fucking meals with some money or something, because it's got to be near possible.
Speaker 2: But you could in fact do one hundred and fifty jumps. I believe it used to be when I was still active. That's been six fucking years or seven thouts, seven years ago, like five years ago, so there's a lot of changes that could be made to the regulations, but you need it. I think it was a C license and you needed a recommendation from an instructor to proceed with the course. And then you take a course and I don't know how long that takes before you're actually able to do it or how they go about that, but yeah, there's a lot of progression to.
Speaker 3: It because, as you imagine, that's stupid, fucking danger.
Speaker 2: And generally speaking, you'll only get to learn those classes by traveling to specific drump zones where they hold like a supposium burden bent or something like that, where they're doing it as a group for multiple people, like all week, and it's like everybody kind of meets up, get their certifications, start learning, and then you jump with instructors of water levels to hone your skills. Then you're off jumping on your own, probably after a certain amount, but I'm not too privy on it. Once I got into it, and then once I got to skydiving, it was more of a I no longer want to work towards this because this is enough for me that it was enough that I wanted. It was more of a casual environment for me. I didn't want to chase too many thrills. I'd just like to get the fuck out, get me an air bath, shave off all the bad ship from the day, and fun to have fun. Like did so you've done Niagara Falls most of your jons? Yeah, all of them. That's the only time I jumped out of state. Oh yeah, and it was It was kind of a weird situation. I collected hats and there was a big event going on in a drop zone, and there was a guy there that also collected hats, and their drop zone had released an emin edition in this brand with their logo and ship on it. And then there were other people that lived in the area that also collected so they some of them had went there just to buy the half but weren't skydivers. And I kind of tried me to cry as many people as I could to go, and I ended up it was like me and a couple other guys made on the ones that show up, but I actually sky died with them that you know, made a couple of jumps that day. I have videos in those jumps as well. Yeah, because I got in trouble from when I go for it before I had the proper number. Oh well, there was I have to get question when I call them out. But when you're trying to get someone to read a h the instruction book, the Skuy Diving sim you may want to be correct. And then when he shows you the page where he is in fact correct, you don't double down and half like he's wrong, because it was They tried to say there were these strict requirements, these strict things, and like all this shit, and I had actually operated a camera with my previous instructors, and I may have overstepped because of the drup sone like I didn't ask nobody, I just did it. But he tried to make a big deal. They got all huffy. And then I got an old guy plus someone else and he's like, no, he's right, it's just a recommendation. Did he do anything at all? No, he just wore a camera, made him on a fucking jump. I'm like, do you get tangled? Do you have any azors? Did he worry? But no, none of it? Like I think, then he's fine to fucking jump with it. That's like what the old guy to tell him? The stuff that I'm like, it's like, it's okay, I'll make him more jumps. Dad, Me and Alex left and this was the kid that SUPs to me up about the hats, and it was kind of it was. It left a real shitty fucking taste in my mouth. But I had two awesome jumps. I got cool ass video. I only did it on one of the jumps. Well. Also, my brain goes to it's a go pro there.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can literally see it on this fucker's due.
Speaker 2: That can fuck your life all that, right.
Speaker 3: But I mean, like it's not a full camera equipment like you saw like you actually, yeah, obviously, I know it can still get tagled up. You have the harness and everything. You got to be smart about it. But of all the cameras that someone could bring to record a go bro, I feel like it's probably.
Speaker 2: And I had it on my helmet, which I was going to bring my home until I realized it was too far fucking dug out. I was at like sixty some jumps at this time, and like I said, I already jumped with it. Uh, he didn't know that I had made flag jumps at approximately four hundred and fifty jumps before he ever even thought about stripping a flag to his fucking feet, Like It was kind of in a position where I couldn't really like, yeah, I have experienced doing this, or they're gonna be like, why the fuck do you have experience doing this? And it was just I had people to trust me and knew I was good at what I was doing, and it was one of the first things I ever completely excelled at. Like third jump, my radio cut out and I landed and did everything dead target properly with no communication, and that was like, it looks like you're off radio now, it's supposed to be on it for like five more jumps after that, like the natural progression. So everything came up really good for me. It was kind of hard to fit in into other places because they looked at your law with such little numbers, and then they don't trust your tall tales because is anybody killing Yeah, And when you're in this sky and knowed, everything sounds extravagant and I'm like, you had to have been there, you had to see, you know, fa air bosses tell me that I can do something waiver that nobody in the United States ever got fucked dude, like jumping in front of a crowd of like sixty five thousand people and during the national anthem, because he had controlled the airspace, every name was control and he had the authority to ride a waiver on any fucking skid out of restrictions. That's awesome. And he had people with collectively twenty thousand jumps telling him that I was all right. He had an entire squad of five guys been like, no, he's fine. He does everything with us, and it's like it'll be fine, And it's like, okay, moon dollar fucking aircraft business owners are saying, let's let's give him in mind specifically and let's take him up. But you go tell that story to the same guy. You know, I just cooked on fucking camera, dolledge. He's just gonna be like, you've never even jumped. You sold this long, but you know you're not gonna fucking dig you at all. Yeah, So where do you jump? When? For about sixty five thousand people, was it at Ghoshen and I was doing ground through that day. But yeah, they had they had went to the air and Boss and they were getting set up to do a helicopter jump, and they had changed the point because initially it was supposed to be in our assessin we use. So the guy sponsoring the day owns a helicopter company. You had a Brandon helicopter. He's like, here, I want you guys to jump out on this, and I advertise for the business. You guys get to make a fun helicopter jump. They're actually hard few and far between for stat aversually get the opportunity for a helicopter because there's so much more that goes into it. Yes, also, you can't really jump off of them, you get Yeah, you have to be okay, you can't jump. You don't jump out of anything. You fall out of it precisely. I just little man.
Speaker 3: I've heard many times people be like our helicopter pilots specifically, if you jump, your hat's taken off because that fucking it'll ten and the propeller were just doctor to hate.
Speaker 2: Yet. Yeah, So what we did was there were yeah, there was I think there was four or five with us that ended up. I think one of the guys actually I'm trying to remember who all was there. Either way, we had to get out on the helicopter when it was hovering above of her target. Evenly, one person gets out from each side, walks down the the thing and the next person out, next person out, and doors stay open and they're walked open, so the pilot didn't have to worry about Chiley mother fucking ride. By the way, I'm in shorts and a T shirt. These guys are in their normal gear for jumping, and it was like last minute and I was like grab the parachute or it on my back, and so I'm like fucking cheer run the whole time to finally get out. And it was the weirdest feeling because you're touching the helicopter and usually when you get out of a plane it's like yeah, all he keeps going, but you're like watching the hell like it was just you're watching it. It was so slow starting off your fall, and the guys in front of you and we're all just like it was like a weightless kind of feeling at first, and we kind of just you're upright until you get enough speed that you can control your body, but for a moment you can't really do anything, and it was like the spookiest feeling. And then uh yeah, I ended up being the only one that landed on target out of that junk too right good center with Alex fucking big guy, not knowing what the hell she's doing with the radio and ALLOONI age in your hand. I'm just like, go out, stand by the target and tell us if anything's in it. Fucking get our, you know, And it is fine I about that, but yeah, I got a land. And there was two two Uye helicopters at hover and then a Cobra in the metal and they were just hovered during the national anthem bit. It was so nitty motherfucking people at the Gasher Airport, Like the whole area where usually the aircraft's driving in between the hangars is nuts. The us fucking people, and then the entire fence around the outside that's anywhere in your residential area is just completely covered with people sitting area launch air washing, freeing out, attending like shit, and it was so packed people. Well, yeah, got a land out there. It's a really good day. We did that air show a few times and anytime they did demo jumps, I ran along with them. You gause, George, throw a few bucks on the books and they made the jumps, which we're already cheaping up because of your license. You pay like it was like twenty bucks for me to make a sky dive every time. I as just like a twenty bucks really yeah, once your license and riding ghetto got your own shit? Does like pay for gas? Does Logan Sport have like somebody on standby or do you have like call make an appointment or no, it's done. We shortly after COVID we kind of ended.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well if you were so so if you were to go somewhere close then the skydiving is it like do they have specific days where you have to go or do you call them make a play that call on schedule.
Speaker 2: Frankfurt does a lot of uha. I have been at Frankfort. They do a lot of tandems. I've jumped there a few times. That's usually where I can even go catch my old buddies. In fact, if I wouldn't have done the podcast today, I could have went down and met up to him because when what they were, well we were talking last last Friday. Yeah I had an old buddy call me and they were going down this weekend and do it. Yeah, you just if you're a normal regular fun jumper, you show fuss up and you don't know what's But if you're doing a tandem, you would probably have to definitely call ahead, and who knows what they're scheduling. It's like, I don't know if this is like Dobby right now, but it's usually pretty moving. They get a lot of people, and uh, it's a fun time, I think down there, but it's not. It's too busy for me, Like I'm more of a like we got a small plane and a handful of guys and we sit there and crack jokes to tandem people all day, and then we get on funk jumps in between, because like you can have two tandems in an airplane and one fun jumper. So I'd usually just get in and I'd be in the back to the plane. They get their tandems out, and then I'm like, I'll wait a little bit, let them get flown, and then get out after him and go fucking have fun. Zoom down rettle fast and then they get to see me over here playing around. But I diagon too, and it was always fun, like, Uh, there's a video of Alex's tandem that she did, and you can hear George go, hey, here's Brad, and then he takes the camera and you just see me go right around in the background. But I'm like a few hundred yards off. You know, it's just pretty nice having.
Speaker 3: The experience with knowing the parachutes and how to jump and all of that. Have you ever considered base jumping? I would, I wouldn't write circumstances. The saying that's scary about base jumping is you've got one shoot and you better fuck back that bits right, Yeah, And I hate packing, so somebody else better pack up another fucking right, because it ain't my fault.
Speaker 2: No more base jumping.
Speaker 3: Base jumping it is you don't go in an airplane, go climb up somewhere high and jump, oh okay, And most people get arrested for it because they like, do you know, climb abandoned skyscrapers or building some construction and jump.
Speaker 2: Off of them where they're trespassing. Yeah. Yeah. I have a friend of mine that used to yah a couple buddies and they would go fight fire towers, old fire tower antennas, and they we'll do this ship at night, do a quick jump. Nobody ever see it, as long as you remember where the wires were liked shit like that. Yeah, they didn't give them a fuck. They'd go jump, get it out and then fucking go back and finish at their house. Base jumping is the one thing to me that like, I love thrill seeking, I've always wanted to skydive, like I said I want to do I would love to get to the point of being able to do that wingsuit. I could never do a base jump just the aspect of no reserve and it's all on you, and I know I fuck a lot of ship up. Basically nothing is very quick thinking. And that's where it's like, uh, you feel more inclined to do it after you've put down like quite a few skydoes that you're like, Okay, I know what to do when a turf shoot opens all wonky and like, uh, base jumping pair set's gonna open faster or reliably. But you're realn't need to know on on heading like openings where you're ones coming from, how it's whipping through against the wall, and like what it does different, Like there's so much fucking crazy shit that goes into it. But yeah, if you've got an asslo skypes first, you're gonna be a safer bass jumper. But if you just start by base jumping, you're gonna have an early crash and you're gonna learn from it, but you unfortunately have to learn the fucking hard way if you just start. And that's a personal opinion, it's not a factual based anything. But anybody I know that goes in between them, it's like the base jumpers you really got to watch out for because they don't understand how important the little details are if they don't have started.
Speaker 3: As I say, a lot of the bass jumpers, from my understanding, that delap sky diving experience are just hoodlum ree tards that found someone doing it on the internet.
Speaker 2: Way I know, the tower of my town, I can clib yeah, and I mean you can learn and you can be the greatest bass jumper out there. And there are people who are those exact types. It went on to revel revolutionized gear in sports, and their stupidity created something that's lives and it's under their own findings like oh yeah, when I jumped into this, you can't do this with this style of equipment, or it's been a fucking tangle right or you know, so what do they do? They heal me up something that makes it worse, and then it becomes a real thing because it's not just it doesn't look like a cheap fix anymore. It's like we should have been doing this a long time. Yeah, right right? But yeah, the is it just I? I this is how I picture it. I picture that you jump out of it.
Speaker 1: And even though it's probably not as long from playing the ground, Like, does it feel like when it turning, Oh, you can get a lot of shit have done in a minute? It does it feel like a lot longer than what?
Speaker 2: So there's I gotta free fall calculation chart here too, But on each of these I have calculating and it says delay and distance. So this is how long I fell before polling ten savent and you know stuff like that. You do what's called hoppipop and you get out and you get stable. So you want to give yourself like ten fifteen, twenty seconds off the step of the plane before you pull, and usually the lower seconds on that meant I was able to get more stable fast like quicker, or I were intentionally weighing. There's any number of reasons, are you counting? Yeah, So like here's a joke from twelve thousand feet ahead a forty six second delay that was me falling approximately like almost nine thousand feet nine thousand feet and forty six seconds. I was working on one eighty degree turns, so chances are was probably one of those down heavy and like just pushing a little faster, but you know the same, Like it just depends on like what I'm working on, But like, yeah, forty nine circuits forty five that's an on average fall about anywhere from seventy five hundred feet to nine hundred feet containing the altitude we got. And you always know, if I ever got twelve balliden or higher, that's because it was just me and Dairy and the plane was there fighting can't actually get to thirteen five like the sky I mean when we couldn't really get up to thirteen five because the plane wasn't it wasn't a turtal prop, just an old fucking good plane. But yeah, once I get to thirteen five, that I would have had an entire bit of a fiball. So do you have any time in that where it's just like I I would is that at yourself with extra time? Do you just like where does that sounds? You find yourself with it?
Speaker 1: And is that like do you you it's it like one of those things where it's I don't want to say out of body.
Speaker 2: That's not the right words. Is it just like is it a is it a surreal like at one at at one with oneself moment? Yeah, well everything leads your mind, right, Like little fucking thing in the world leads your mind. And like all you're focusing on it is what you're doing. And I'm not saying like you're like, oh shit, I got to do this, this this that. You know, sometimes you're like you're falling, You're like, all right, have stable. You look at your altimeter and then you're like, I look touch the house, you know. You look around and you're like trying to spot out of the skyguidevers. But it's calm. But it don't take you very long to fucking do it, like and then you will. You just notice you start to have more time than what you got that you can relax and I don't know, you just focus so fucking art because.
Speaker 1: They're I can thinkure and yeah, I can picture it being one of those moments where you could like super hyper focus on something. Yeah, yeah, and be one of those things. I also in my head liking it too. After you do the first one, it's like a it's like a child or a dog going down a slide and they run as fast as they can to get home and go back down, like like I.
Speaker 2: Can picture that being like it's like that that that adrenaline, that hot natural high of the fun that you are having where you're just your body is just like your mind and body are all at one going down that you're just like, oh fuck, I have to do this again? Like when am I going back up?
Speaker 1: Like so you just like the dog, just I could pick tore the video I'm picturing as a dog going down the slide into the pool, chomping out, running back up, going down the slide, getting the pool.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, there were definitely people that were more liketive than I was. It was for me, it was more like I get down and I could breathe, and I felt good and clear, and I just want to relax a minute. And I wasn't always in a big hurry to get backed up er hell halftime on this loads because I intentionally didn't pack, like I'm just standing next to the buildings smoking a cigarette, drinking about shoo with my old buddy, yeah, or like hey, I'm gonna run to the house real quick.
Speaker 1: And I could also see where just getting going up two, three, four would be easier after that first one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and definitely easier. That's a lot of fucking it's a good twenty minute flight up in the air if you have to get up I have to get up there, and it gets pretty exhausting. There's no seats, you're just seatbelting in with the sea belt running through your leg strap and then strap him it in and then at a certain altitude you take it off because if there's any fucking problems, sorry, pilot, we'll get the fuck out, Like yeah, oh no, the wings on fire, we love which but you can get out to but we know you're not going to because pilots never fucking get out. There was the he's got arrested. Yeah he did that, showing he had in the wrong kind of ring to be getting out the fucking he didn't have a shitty ass thin fucking pilot like, he was not wearing a pilot's perish not where a fucking mirage g two to sit comfortably in a fucking pilot chair. That guy and a high performance can ify on his back when he left that airpoint, And that is how you know he fucking lied about it, and that's you don't you shouldn't be no fucking no option. Find the jokes that no skyd I'll just say he got a bunch of legal trumps. Yeah, I don't know if you know what we're talking about. A video went viral because of a dude claimed that his airplane malfunction and he had to jump, and it was this big news story because he crashed in the middle of the field and blah blah blah. He uploaded it to the YouTube and then a bunch of people like Brad who have knowledge of it said exactly that just based off of his equipment alone, not even anything else. Also, he had a GoPro put right on the wing right word face where he'd like it'd be you'd see him, you look at everything and go oh shit, and then jump out like most people in the film them like flying, it's from inside the cockpit, not outside, Like everything was set up that this guy just won his ditch a plane and it was like engine failure or something. Yeah, that's what it's like. I believe he was in a bush plant. Those things can land with no engines, like things, you can land easier in those with no engine. And some things with the fucking full engine going like like the middle of a field. Couldn't taken it down. We see the size of the fucking tires on it. It's meant for it. You can take a regular Sesson and with regular tires down a grass strip, but going into soft mud flip.
Speaker 3: If I remember correct that, I think it was like rock now, I don't want to say mountainous train, but more HELLI or like Rocky. So that was his excuse why he couldn't get.
Speaker 2: Hit because he's stupid. Well, yeah, I agree obviously. Plane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I know this because I've been watching podcasts and that's how this kind of came up. You had had a buddy called and I had just happened to listen to a podcast and I said that we we should do this.
Speaker 2: So now you can do you can go places.
Speaker 1: You can go places and do specific Dvan Cooper jobs. Oh yeah, like the famous d Van Cooper.
Speaker 2: You can do like they have.
Speaker 1: I think there's a festival for him somewhere.
Speaker 2: The ocean helicopter the six seven or seven six nineteen that was the helicopter area. Yeah, I was trying to go two different aircrafts here real quick too, I can't remember that the fuck he jumped out of this DC. What was it? Well, I of c Yeah, it's the old Bird. There's this somewhat fineapple slicers in here somewhere, but I don't remember which jumps it was its UNI one Night too and MP.
Speaker 1: But you can go somewhere into the demon Cooper job. Yeah, do you know what the dB Cooper is?
Speaker 2: You know? Guess I know who fucking dB Cooper is. Listen, I didn't. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Conspiracy theories and crew TRN. You can almost guarantee I know, So you know the real things that actually happened.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Yeah, here's the This is my favorite jump. This is the jump I proposed to Alex after and my adversary each our long book for it. It was eight seventeen, twenty nineteen. I jumped a twenty four foot m K one r C from nineteen seventy four. It was a round pair of shoe that my instructor had bought brand new, and I managed to stand it up what I landed, which is near impossible. You've ever watched guy diving videos of soldiers landing and they're just like right into the ground. The part I was essentially jumping something smaller than they're very shoe and I stood the perfect and the joke was was like I didn't even see the grass. Well, he's been over when because shortly after that, like I had another buddy who weighed quite a bit more than me. He jumped the same parachute and when he landed, he accidentally straight lane laid it, get it shot all the way through his back and dude, all you hear, you see him going to land, you see him stand straight up, and you hear, and then he fell over and it was like pull the fuck He fucked his back up so bad that and good lady like he was landed nice and close, but fuck he was on all fours and the hangar sitting there and then it bos tals he's over there and day and died. I'm in the room by day. Brian No, I love Brian. He was he was such a good friend. But like the long door he did that. That's why I said. I was like if he was wearing high heels when he jumped, he'd still be stuck out.
Speaker 1: Oh shoot, so how fast is the plane going?
Speaker 2: It slows down and it's almost like I would say about seventy miles sixty mile an hour. It's like basically, when you climb out on the wing of the plane, the step is this big, not very big, don't miss it on ow it sucks, but you step out there, and then depending on how many people are getting out, I would walk off like I would all the way out on the strut of the lane, and then I would dable from it, and then the next guy would come out and they would put their feet on a step and get on the other side of the strut. So imagine this is the strut I'm dangling over here. This guy is facing this way with the propeller that way, and then another guy would get out on the step directly across from him, and then there'd be one guy in the door, and then we'd all jump in them on the group and it'd be all four of us or one at a time, like for demo gymps, and then we'd get out and then we'd do it one at a time perfectly time. And George was usually this guy and he would knock you off one way to jump and stuff like that. But yeah, you get out there and hang where the fuck was I going with this? We ask how fast the playing how fast? So yeah, it's about So when you're doing this, it's like standing in the bed of a pickup truck on about sixty mile an hour down of the hideway, except it's a lot less bumpy and there's no four. There's sense. Yeah, so you're standing through the cookup truckle with no four essentially yeah, but it's not that bad. And then when you get to falling under toty mile hour, usually heady post to grab her. The bigger you are, the faster you fall, and your body pis sul matters a lot. So I was a flutter in the sense that I was so light and at times would I didn't have the experience to get my body position right to regulate my fall rate as well as the others, so I couldn't fall faster very easily. If I needed to, I had to world weight, though a lot of times I'd put twenty pounds of my waist just to help, and I could get my fall rate as low like as some If I got big, I had the bright jumpsuit on like I was literally like I got my money's worth out of a fucking jump Yeah, and I would pull my parachute at twenty five hundred feet and I'd still be up there five minutes longer. Everybody else like just fucking hick me it out, chilling thermals riting thermals up and it's almost paragliding at that fucking point. But yeah, i'd say planes only going, you know, pretty slow relatively to like when you're getting up to speed, you're going a lot faster than that, you know, and they cut the engine so you don't have that fucking shipped air at you. You're almost in a glide. You are losing a little bit of altitude. So the longer it takes you to get out of the wing, the more altitude you kind of lose.
Speaker 1: Now on the place where you can go for the DMan Cooper jumped. They say his jump was at like twenty thousand feet and the light was going late.
Speaker 2: It's impossible unless he had suplemental oxygen. If he was sitting there the entire time with an oxygen mask down and a door deep like the whole thing. They also don't know.
Speaker 3: And he jumped, yeah, because he made them leave the staircase in the back down the whole time, well not the whole time, after they got out.
Speaker 2: You would have to and then the cabin isn't pressurized.
Speaker 1: So oh, it wasn't twenty he wasn't. It wasn't twenty thousand feet, was it?
Speaker 2: It was? I think he made him go. I think he made them fly low ten thousand feet of thousand feet. Yeah, you can get up to fifteen thousand feet. Some people would need a little bit of opposition, but I think he's going to say, let's say, yeah, roughly around two hundred miles an hour shift. Oh got you know what you're doing? Any shit? I know from podcasts I've listened to, and they've probably mentioned on the ones that you listened to. That's why a lot of people think he had some kind of military service or previous skydiving experience. Yeah, there was a guy that he also.
Speaker 3: Understood how the boeings worked very yeah in detail.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well they've tagged people cling to be him, right, Like several people have claimed to be him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, the most freqent, like one of them did, and then everybody else started doing it, so they just quit believing every one of them. And he's like, I told him, and he's like, why there are several that have claimed and then they done it. There's one guy that that claims that his brother told him on his deathbed that he did it. But everybody knows everybody I did when I die told him, like everybody is said supposedly said that that's not true. I still love the dumb fact that he never put like on none of his ticket, none of the manifest nothing did it say dB Cooper? He signed everything Dan Cooper. Yeah, And some dumbass was like, oh it was dB, Yeah it was. It was a comic book character. Is that what it was after?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pretty sure Dan Cooper is a uh, it's a it's a comic book.
Speaker 2: It's a comic book. Like Jumper, Plane Jumper. He looks like a pilot. Yeah, he's a pilot that jumps out a plant. So yeah, dam Cooper's a test pilot in the Royal Canadian Air Force. Early soilines featured futuristic science fiction themes, such as palating a rocket shipped the Martian Route. Everybody's so concerned with motherfucking DV Cooper. Nobody ever said the cogic book came from Canada. Did anybody fucking investigate can Canada? Probably? Probably not probably not. Does it say up there why they called him dB?
Speaker 1: Because I see where some of the comics storylines seemingly mashed aspects.
Speaker 2: Of the of the dB Cooper Gase. I thought maybe it said maybe his.
Speaker 1: The niece of one suspect, Lynn Doyle ld Cooper said twenty Elenn that her uncle had been a fan of the Dan could work. Yeah, most of the people that have come out and said that they haven't. I don't know if there's as many people that have come out and said they were DV. Cooper, or as many people have come out and said, Hey, my uncle was D. B. Cooper, Hey my brother was D B. Cooper, Hey my my you know my third cousin, removed college roommate was dead.
Speaker 2: Was dB? Giver? Like if I had an amily member come up to me and be like, hey, I was Cooper, I would proceed to beat the fucking one of They were where's the goddamn money? Where's the money? Well they lost most of it. They've recovered a lot of destroyed. Like I'm saying, they recovered most of the moment that they've covered, they didn't recover a lot of them. Just like fifty they've recently found more. Oh, have they found more? I know that. I'm just allegedly allegedly.
Speaker 3: I'll just saying they found a bunch of destroyed buildings in the same area where he.
Speaker 2: Supposedly would have landed. What year was that, seventy two.
Speaker 1: Seventy one, one seventy one in Seattle, Washington.
Speaker 2: I just you know, my no buddy, young guy that called me the other day, it's its real nice fucking hot rod and he started jumping about the same time. I think he moved on to Indiana because he look, what's his hype suspected five ten to six foot Okay, and let's say miss judge the hype no, because he's shorter than me. He's like five five seven, five six somewhere in there, maybe born that I don't know, just jumped in it.
Speaker 1: I mean, it would make sense not to stay in the Loshton area. I just always wonder if I didn't like, hang out with this guy at some point. Well not because he's like he really did it for.
Speaker 2: The thrill and then like fucking probably didn't lose most of the money and they just ain't been found. He's like, yeah, I fucking watched it all, but they never figured it out it was me and like, just keeps it a secret.
Speaker 3: He'd roughly be from based off of the descriptions everyone said. He was roughly around twenty eight or twenty nine years old, and it was fifty four years ago, so it'd be about eighty two. What is the uh the aircraft?
Speaker 2: It was a yeah is it a dash? What down for? Dash? Fifty one? Okay? They and the thing that I was watching was on a podcast.
Speaker 1: You guys aren't old enough to remember this, but back in like twenty twelve, maybe.
Speaker 2: What's his name?
Speaker 1: Brian Meltzer, which is a which is a guy that rags comic books and mystery novels had this show on.
Speaker 2: I've had this show on in the History Network called Decoded.
Speaker 3: I have a question, do you not remember my childhood? Because first off, you said in twenty twelve, motherfucker, I was born in ninety nine, and you guys may not be old enough to know this. We also we will sit at Mammon and papples and watch him this.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, I couldn't remember if he did. Yeah, so this is what I've been watching.
Speaker 1: I've been rewatching all of this and I love his conspiracy theory shit like through the years, through the episodes, and honestly, I would love to do, like if I could find a way to get paid to go back and do all of his conspiracy theories but updated to where like did John Wilkes Booth die the night that they said he died? Like it was never did John Wan's booth really kill Lincoln? It was always did he get away?
Speaker 2: And then it was like he did? Like is there a really golden Ford Knox?
Speaker 1: And you know the TV Cooper and why the missing cornerstone of the White House.
Speaker 2: And and you know things like that check your message that was the Niagara false jump. Oh you said it on Facebook? Take all that up then, And I would love to go back and be like.
Speaker 6: Be like.
Speaker 1: This is this is what we know now, like fifteen years later, like because I feel like there's a lot more information out there.
Speaker 2: You send it on Facebook and it might take a minute both of us, the group just me and your dad death might take a minute, yeah, probably because it's is it a video I just linked to from my shoe?
Speaker 1: Sorry back to what It just might take a minute to uh to uh for him to get it the whole thing process.
Speaker 2: God damn it, Zuckerberg. But yeah, I would love to go back through and like update that. I just I just haven't been able to find a way for somebody to pay me to do that.
Speaker 3: It's hard to get paid for a lot of things. And then again, yeah, I know, right, it.
Speaker 2: Is, it is. It kind of sucks. Are we gonna watch the jump? Which one? Are you? All right? The one was a camera on his head? The one we don't see, so guess guys were all over over sixty in between seventies over all these old buddies making a jump to go. I'm sure that. Yeah. So yeah, this is me right here him a little bit of time, fleeing all the out That is the Lake Ontario. So what you're looking at is parts of Canada. I'm a but that is all King of right there across where it fuddles in and gets smaller, that's Niagara Falls right there. That's it. But it's nothing too crazy, just going around getting a view. You can see Toronto, I believe, dude.
Speaker 5: That's far too lowso hard. Yeah, that night you didn't see the lots, can't. I think Toronto is one across.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, yeah, because like the bills that threatened to move to Toronto. Only thing. Yeah, so speaking of teams moving, did you see it Indiana officially as two football teams Now the Bears are moving to him and but yeah, this was like in this area was fucking beautiful, pretty pink, purple parash. I love that parachute man all of two. It didn't be good. It's it's a saber one and most peop people steer away from him because it does what they call the saber slam, and it opens so abruptly sometimes that it'll fuck you up. It'll fuck you up. But I had a weird way of packing yet that was a little album of the normal way to pack that. You wouldn't pack a normal pair of schute the way I packed that, and it helped slow the slide. You see how slow the slider came down. That's because of the way I had. Otherwise, that ship shoots down in and it stops you more son, and I can fuck it hurt. But yeah, one of my stuladies to say it by and they read off it's it's always that the part. So there's a there's another guy coming by, that's the light in your end. Blow me. I just kind of kept her pushed into the limb. You know here and there spiral that. How do you know where you're supposed to land on this one? By luck because of what wasn't familiar with the area at our airport. It was super fucking easy because I know about it, So I literally could follow county life. You put me out anyone ahead? Wake, How do you know that you're gonna land where you need to land? Though? You you follow your altimutter pretty close? Oh okay, And there's some good guidelines for knowing when and how to approach what altitudes. So you start going to a couple of practice passes, and you always stay ahead of the target, but you go around about a few hundred feet, take a tur see how much altitude you lose, and you just kind of do a quick loop around and then turn back into the land and then see where you're at, and then you can kind of get your pattern there if you're gonna be able to if you need to go farther down to lose altitude? Are you shooting for like a field to see that? Barn? Okay, plosive right now? All right, I'm just seeing it. I'm shooting for right here in this area. This is the grass shirt where the plane lands. That's the main name here. Okay, so that's what you're figuring for it, yeah, okay for anyone looking on the computer out right there with my mouse, yeah yeah, and I do it pretty nice. Yeah, but it's a busy like it looks like it's calling and collective. But there were about twenty fucking jumpers. Oh does ship Maybe the sky was scattered. It was a twin odd first time I ever got to jump out. It's uh, I believe I can't remember if the auto of is design for sky Niner or not, but it's one of the more predominantly ones used that Like they drop zone because it can hold so many people. It has oxygen supplement to me to who's some other things? Uh, bring fruit? They run a pat which is really fun fast as fun are, like you get the altitude, so got get fast, like that would be a place to jump, go be cider jump. Yeah. Now obviously with the microphone it's horrible. How bad is that win with the helmet and everything, Like I guess the noise of it like that, it's just like standing out in the middle with you in the day. Oh see, I got nothing walking land.
Speaker 1: Yeah, imagine that it's worse for the canon because it's it's out of the helm.
Speaker 2: You know. It's not that I'll know Tatum's have right away, generally speaking, but it's always the lowest riding boy is always the person in front of you doing the lowest. If you're faster, you need to adjust and kind of be prepared. Uh, that big ring is more for us to lay by, and I think the Tamas are supposed to playing in the front, but thinks aldus like just to be safe if you can land me careful kind of thing. But I was shooting for a big shirt ball. I got pretty close. But yeah, you see this guy coming right over my shoulder. Didn't even know it was there to do. No, he' justlying up above me the whole time, up in this back corner and like as soon as I landed, he kind of came down and that was a tandem fight. I believe that was a friend of mine as well, if you keep was at the end of the y Okay, yeah, there's I kind of I have another chump somewhere where I wrote up to him and I gave him a copy of that video. So you guys, something I jumped with a little arch for footage at the end. Yeah yeah, coo cool. So that was your Niagara Falls shell? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Nice, nice, very cool, very cool. All right, that is that anything else?
Speaker 2: You know? I initially want to talk about movies in skydiving, but that another longly did fucking conversation. So what time we look at? Twenty two? I believe is what it souns. Yeah, I'd say get time forgot maybe another time power twenty three? Yeah, now that the wife wanted to go out and do somethings. Otherwise I would continue on that conversation. We have a two hour podcast, easily we could. We can pick that up on on or something. Your your fucking research, Levie is you have to watch Honeymoon in Vegas. Honeymoon in Vegas. Gott it got your research freging in Vegas instead of research. And there is some very specific reasons why, one of them being in a cave yes he love, the other one being my favorite team with skydivers of all time. And this is probably the subconscious reason I ever wanted to suck skydive without knowing it, because I have been on a quest to jump with the Flying Elvis's for a long time. Is that a real fucking thing? Absolutely in this movie. Yeah, it's a really wait do you see who little Elvis is? Do you remember the movie match a little bit? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So why does it pulled the Patriots logo?
Speaker 2: Uh? They jumped for the Patriots.
Speaker 1: And there's also a wrestling video of the Flying Elvis is pro wrestling.
Speaker 2: They're a demo jump team. So basically what they knew is what my buddies used to do, except they didn't dress as Elvis. They just dressed like Breakisler guys. What the fuck? Ship third third, third, round down? Yeah, there's but that is that is a movie o guy? All right, Yeah, I'll watch that. They're they're flying legs are not just wigs. Those are a fact functional helmets. Really you don't actually I can see that heart plastic. You don't need much actually, And it's like I think a lot of guys were leather ads.
Speaker 1: But the there's also skydiving movies. There's honey, even in Vegas. There's point break.
Speaker 2: Trying to not given more obscure ones because I know somebody would say point break almost the immediate point break. This point breaks. The Gypsy Moss is a good one very fucking old you want to see Hackman again? Like, but no, that was rip. It was no James Ponds and the guys that all look the same Gene Hackman's and Gypsy wants. Uh. That was like, that was a very cutting edge movie for the sport at design. I had a whole fucking thing pulled up earlier to Yeah, so well absolutely picked this up on another one. Yes, but Leevill, we'll have to give Levi a list. I could do trivia and mean force you guys through stat adding trivia. You do that, yeah, and then it could be a teaser and you can rerun the questions for Wednesday, so anybody that listens has an edge up on the competition. Nice that by word. Okay, so what are you doing that right? Hey, yeah, I'm gonna make the list of best I forgot one the best trivia question. You could ask what it is the weirdest item that the local elocman sport resident Brad Titus has jumped with in his pocket, and then we just list four weird items. But the answer it is a pair of dgers. What did you have all? One of the guys ninety year old man making a sky dive as we were on the news and all kinds of shit, and he was told to take his teeth out before getting into plane. The problem is is he can't talk when he didn't go to steep, so they interviewed him and right before he got in and he forgot to take him out and we're up in the plane and he looks over his shoulder he's like, guys, I'm sorry, and I'm like what. He's like, I forgot my teeth and we all start laughing. So the pilot gets in his glove box no joke to get out his like manuals and mall books and he takes him out with the plastic baggets in. He's like, here, put him in this, and then he's like, I'm going to need him to talk when we do the interview. And then they turn around and look at me, and you got a pocket and I'm like, yeah, so I just in my pocket. And I had to jump with I had to get out after them with enough time to be safe and get down to the ground the same time. So when I interviewed them, we could fucking speak.
Speaker 1: I had to run over with a bag of teeth and then dude, you already in housing on this. So you have this guy diving bag teeth in my pocket. So, okay, what movies do you have?
Speaker 2: Play Gypsy one of the Gypsy wants Jesse Moss.
Speaker 7: Without a Paddle, Say Moss, Moth, Gypsy Moths, Moth, James Spawn, Uh Moonrakers, a spy who loved me? Octopusy of you, to kill living Daylight slices to kill Golden on it tomorrow and never dies and die another.
Speaker 2: Day by James Bond Without a Paddle is a movie about. Yeah, with that, it's a movie about It's got Seth Green, Matthew Lillard and they're searching for their searching for dB Cooper's lost treasure.
Speaker 1: Like so they I think they jumped, if I'm not wrong, don't they jump? I can't remember.
Speaker 2: I thought they did.
Speaker 1: And they got like stuck in a tree and ship and fell on the streak with you, Yeah, like it something funnier I remember. But anyway, I think that I think they jumped in that movie.
Speaker 2: I can't remember any others. So there's not a lot Mega death, high speed dirt. You got Alyssa, And then I will tell you what quotes we use constantly because that's where he got most of the lyrics. It was just skydiving. No, that's funny. The lyrics is just skydiving ngo. Yeah, No, he loved the sky. It was his fucking hobbyh Yeah. So Mega Death High Speed Dirt's the only song written specifically for and about Skanda. Oh nice, Okay, all right, yeah so cool. All right, we got we gotta follow up. Then we got to follow up and Lee Bike's got homework. Well so do I because I got to refresh myself and those. So I'm going to rewatch Honeymoon in Vegas with Ale. It's because I told her about it up. You watch Nick the others. I don't think I really need to rewatch because I pulling brink is like that's it, Like, yeah, pulling break. I probably don't rewatched. I might rewatch without a paddle. Just the old ones the new one. I have to do a refresher because I can't remember. I never watched the new one. I only watched the old one. The new ones with wing suits, a lot of bank suits. The guys who were a part of it, the team that did it. It was a mix of actors and actual athlete said just like stuff performers. So there was a lot good they came from that movie for the sport. But then there was a lot mere ship too. But that's a whole nother fucking thing. First point break all you really need.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because there is a there is a there is an update in Brian. Yeah, so the original Point Bray part original Patrick Swayze's brother had an over five hundred jumps and they started doing that. Patrick Stays was also.
Speaker 2: This guy. Yeah, so it was like and there was Keanu Reeves is a lovebe too, only because Matthew Broderick said up, yeah, yeah, and Andrew Broderick would not. And Elin Dafoe failed the audition. Charlie Sheen failed the audition. There was another one, downing Robert, downing Gina. They went with cal Reas because they're like, he's the only one who could believe it be believed to be an undercover surfer. The other guy's fit the vibe, and that's why they They picked him because they didn't want him to act like he wasn't billing ted. But they picked him because they knew he could nail a part of it. Yeah that makes sense. So okay, Well that god damned that was good. That was that was fun. So yeah, so look forward to second part of this and then we'll get out of here.
Speaker 1: So I'm nick, I'm living and this has been Fanks of Paion, Just don't forget the li and share, subscribe, do all that fun ship too,