Speaker 1: I don't want to do a show. Maybe we just binge something. This morning, Ross sent me an amazing article this morning. All right, you ready for this? This is from Axios. Gen Z admits to binge watching shows and movies at work. I I mean maybe it kind of depends what you do, whether you work from home, whether it's in the background, a little something something. And I can't really complain because I'm gonna do this on Thursday. It's a very special week.
Speaker 2: Ross.
Speaker 1: Do you know what week it is? I don't, I do, I don't even I don't know that you realize. What do you think this week?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 4: Easter's coming up soon?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, we have it in the system. I mean, what do I do in April? What do I do in April? For one of the weeks? We even have special music for it.
Speaker 4: It's a oh yeah, The Masters, that's right, baby starts Thursday, and that less so than the British Open.
Speaker 1: The British Open, because it starts earlier, is on during the entire show. The Masters really only gets about the last hour and a half. So I don't know that I can complain. All right, So how does this work? I have not read this whole article that you sent me. What they do is it's just streaming in the background. Sorry, my voice is just crap this morning. I don't even know why. I'm assuming it's because every plant is trying to kill us, right, yeah.
Speaker 4: Pretty much? Yea, I know what this story is saying that, like gen Z, a majority of them don't want to go back to work because it's gonna interfere with their streaming habits and patterns. Like it's gonna they're not gonna be able to watch their shows.
Speaker 1: I mean, to be fair, they have a lot to catch up on versus us, right, like, we're decades ahead of them. But if you're gen Z, you haven't watched all of Growing Pains Fresh Prince Alf. I mean, Alf's gonna take you probably a whole week. You have a lot to catch up on.
Speaker 4: I mean, personally, I think it's disgusting behavior and it shows a really bad work ethic. I personally wouldn't be involved in and anything like that.
Speaker 1: Ever.
Speaker 4: I sit here now, just you know, locked in focused on work. That's what I do.
Speaker 1: So you would never hypothetically, dear Robbie, does that work? Does that work? In the basheb.
Speaker 6: Don't tell him I found his parents.
Speaker 4: I'll be back in a few days.
Speaker 3: See signed it right there, Brandy?
Speaker 1: Is that that's an email to Trevor. I'm assuming that you're.
Speaker 4: Dictating about the meeting today. Very important for me to dictate.
Speaker 1: The note period, ok fellas crime, more crime.
Speaker 5: We will go back down and to God.
Speaker 1: And get you a Lamberger's friends cried, how about a why a cat? You little sissy boy?
Speaker 7: That sucks?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, you have literally watched an entire and then insert whatever it is in the background. The difference is this is literally our game now, watching Joe Dirt for the three hundred and seventy eighth time or whatever is in the background. I can't even hear what that is. That's not it you watching. I don't know WrestleMania three. When did Hogan slam Andre? Was that three?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: Like, we work in a job category where arguably that might be. Okay, that's the point that I'm making. So the fact that it's in the way is everything in the system.
Speaker 4: And these are all on my phone. I'm streaming on my phone, Okay, all right, I'm not gonna why. I'm a professional. I'm not going to stream it on the the button bar.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm not going to that's I'm giving you. I'm giving you an excuse, like we work in a place that has an excuse only because that's our Here we go.
Speaker 4: Get the point that I was making.
Speaker 8: We have an excuse, but you have to explain how we're getting picks him up the big lag boom. Well we get the paid one, two, three, it's over, it's over.
Speaker 1: He's done.
Speaker 4: You possible. I am a professional.
Speaker 1: That's like the last good thing to ever happen in Detroit. Am I wrong? Or Okay? No, I shouldn't say that the Malice in the Palace was pretty good when we're punching NBA fans. I'll watch that, all right. So what a weird story he sent me. And I was going to go in a different direction, but I was fascinated by this. Okay, so this is all right. Here we go. US adults that stream at least one hour a week found that fifty three percent of gen zers say they have put off working to finish a show they were binge watching. Okay, I and I'm assuming, and this is what I don't understand. Are they it's just gen zers that work from home? Or are they doing this literally in the office.
Speaker 4: No, they're saying they do it at home, and that's one reason they don't want to go back to the office.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, Okay, all right, Sorry, I was trying to digest this. Like five minutes before the show. Fifty two percent say they don't want to return to the office they'll miss streaming. Blah blah blah. Uh fifty four percent you streaming is background noise. Now, to be fair, when I'm show prepping, I have literally something probably on the TV, and then I'm show prepping either on my iPad or my phone. However, most likely whatever is streaming is partially show prep. Does that make sense? So, like if Trump has a thing during roughly about four to six, five to seven, which is when I show prep, I may have that on or it's usually tied in so I'm watching videos that are up on YouTube or Twitter while I'm doing show prep. So it can be a press conference something like that. However, during Masters week, during the basketball tournament that just happened, that may be on in the background.
Speaker 4: But once again, it's different because you have to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Right. No, No, That's what I'm saying, Like we can get away with absolute murder. But if you're like an actuary or you're punching spreadsheets for a company, I don't know, maybe at rest the brain, I don't know. Forty four admitted using streaming. Oh what is now? This one's weird? Hold on, Oh, this is getting into the loggins. I don't even care about that. Hold On, fifty four, you streaming his background noise for work tasks, but we'll deny it to their boss. Well, how do you get away with that if your boss hears it? And of course our boss can hear it because we're on the air, But this is what they pay us to do. Most listen to music. I got no problem with that. That's fine. Scrolling social media, yeah, that's probably not helpful, But listening to music, sure, depending on whatever your task is. I believe yesterday we talked about greasing the Hoothy's using a walkman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think boss at Audio for that. I think if you're at work, weather, at home, doing remote work, or actually going into the office, I think listening to like a podcast is fine, you know, is it?
Speaker 1: Now? Music and podcasts, I feel like there's a different attention that's required.
Speaker 4: I think is spoken word podcasts like a daily podcast uploaded every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, music might be distracted and completely there's voice and instruments.
Speaker 4: Right, or it can make you crazy, like you're trying to ear in your Cuba color whatever, and you're collating your papers because that's what they pay you to do, whatever that means. And you're doing your coalating and you're doing your your work there.
Speaker 1: And reports and you're report right.
Speaker 4: Danger zone or something comes on the radio before you know you've trashed the office.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's unacceptable. But a couple guys talking about I don't know, tweet, see, it's going to get you focused. Yeah, absolutely, yeah, the zone right in Wait, hold on, what is this? The TV amount? Blah blah blah blah blah, plane news always muted. All right, well you're boring, sir, So well I got the news on in the background, blah blah. The only news you need happens three hours a day, six to nine. Podcast available via the iHeartRadio app. That's what you need. That's it, very simple, all right, six seventeen KCO day radio program. Sorry, Ross got me so distracted with that this morning, because like I can't figure out they're clearly talking about people at work, and I just like it's weird because I've almost always worked this job, So I like, I can't process, you know, the day to day corporate or something. But I just I can't believe you work at I don't know what, Uh, what's what would be a good corporate example around here? You work at what's the big one in Carrie? What's the one I'm thinking of? Or I mean, just pick anything. So if you work for like PNC Downtown, can you get away with that? Can you be Can you be sitting at your cubicle doing your job. I'm not questioning your work ethic and your boss swings buy and you're streaming old episodes of and then you know, insert whatever it is. I don't know. Maybe maybe I have a skewed view and Ross Ross probably has a skewed view of what is acceptable in corporate America because this is what we've done for, you know, our whole career.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 4: To be fair, I've never worked in corporate America, right, And I don't even own as soon a tie.
Speaker 1: I really don't. I have one. It doesn't fit and I wore it to get this job. Last time I wore a suit.
Speaker 4: Right, right, Like, all I know about corporate America comes from the movie Office Space. That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming that's a documentary. It's fairly accurate. Right, But even if you ever wanted to even smash a piece of electronics outside.
Speaker 4: But even Milton was allowed to listen to his ratable, his radio at a good volume.
Speaker 1: And I know that people listen to us while they're working. We are of all the radio stations in that iHeart has. We stream all day throughout the day, and we beat everything. It's clearly people sitting at their desk listening, which you should. I feel like it makes you a better employee. It's the surest path to you know, being a millionaire. A millionaire I just made that up, but it's probably true. So that's what people do. But like, we have a skewed view because literally right now I could go to break which I'm going to, and then ROS could go watch wrestle Mania highlights and go, oh no, no, no, I'm just putting audio on the sty and then I can't say anything that would be perfectly acceptable. That's the job that we work. Wait, hold on, all right, so oh dude, everyone watches the Masters at work. I understand this. They have their own app. It's easy to stream of SaaS well. Yes, that was the one. I'm thinking, like, are you sitting at SaaS doing that? Now here's the thing, sitting at a corporate grind and I'm not. If that's what you do, good for you, that's fine, But what if you're I don't know whoever was in charge of that dam in Tennessee that just randomly opened up and flooded half the state. And if you're not following this, that's a crazy story. Is that dude sitting in there watching old uh you know Bonanzas hit the wrong button and then now people are literally getting flooded. Wait, what is this? All right, here's somebody who works at home depot. Well, I don't know, maybe you're watching Home Improvement. I'm just saying your mileage may vary, all right, six twenty one Acota Radio program. Oh, I can't wait for the Masters starting Thursday. I'm so excited. You know, Tiger's playing and that dude just blew an Achilles like three months ago, and apparently the doctors were able to stitch him up, so he's gonna play.
Speaker 4: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, the one of the craziest things that ever happened, and it it literally traumatized me as a kid before my dad decided he didn't want to hang out with us anymore. He and I what was he doing? He was he played softball and he's like, was slow rolling the base and his achilles ruptured and I remember looking at his foot and I was scarred for that, and it took him like a year and a half to actually fix himself. And Tiger Woods is going to go out and for people think, well, you don't use your feet for golf, you don't play golf. The foot position and the way that your feet actually move in your swing is I don't know if it's equally as important as your arms, but it's very important.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've never actually golfed before in my life besides the many golf And obviously you're standing on your legs and your feet and you're moving them to hit the ball.
Speaker 1: So you're not just moving them. You're taking your entire body weight from one foot and you're shifting it to the other in a proper fashion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not like it's all upper body. It's not connected.
Speaker 1: And they're just like, oh no, we just we got that fixed. You're gonna play. So yeah, I'm super excited this year because remember he came back and won the Masters for no reason and like three years ago, all right, we'll be back. Hang on, don't watch too much TV. I mean, we have to talk about it only because everybody was absolutely on edge, you know, yesterday, But the dow down three hundred, it's not it's not what you want to see, but it's wildly unremarkable three hundred points, you know, of a forty thousand dow or a fifty thousand dow or whatever they're hoping to get to. Because again you got to almost approach it from the baked in rate cuts which haven't happened, and then it gets more complex there. But like down three high, people were thinking the thing was going to lose two thousand points yesterday and ross did you watch it when you got home? Just kind of did you pay any attention?
Speaker 4: Like on Twitter to I did pay attention because I was just curious as to what because everyone was like, oh, the world's gonna end right panicking, and you know, it's the next Great depression. And there was a while there where everything was super green on the on the app like up three hundred, two hundred, and then it went back down, but like with Nasdaq, ended up in the green at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, so this is just if you want proof that it's damn near a meme coin. Somebody on CNBC made a statement, not somebody in the Trump administration, and they basically said they would love to see Trump pause it for ninety days. All right, I'm going to paraphrase here because it's it's a it's a bit more complex, but this is the gist of it. So, like late mornings, somebody said that on CNBC, and then, for whatever reason, a couple news outlets took it to mean that he was saying that Trump was going to do that, which didn't make any sense because the guy doesn't speak for the administration, right, he was just somebody there were interviewing, and then all of a sudden, you had a couple outlets reporting that the Trump administration was going to pause them for ninety days, and it went from down like six hundred to up almost eight hundred within minutes. And then the White House or Trump issued a thing going that's not true, that's not a thing which would undermine this negotiating position that they have and then it crashed back down. But by the end of the day it was up three hundred and that was within like forty minutes all that happened. How are you supposed to take that seriously? I mean this in an honest fashion. You saw meme coin behavior. Well, everyone's going this. You know, the end is nigh, as Ross pointed out there, and so at the end of the day, even though it ended down, it wasn't any thing that would even make a news story in most situations.
Speaker 4: Right, and shockingly, I know you're going to be shocked to hear Jim Kramer was once again way off because he was predicted twenty two down right, dude.
Speaker 1: Did you see back on the thirtieth or the thirty first where he said today is the worst day to buy stocks and it happened to be a dip and then it actually strategically was the best day to buy stocks in like four years or something. Now, you know, it's fickle, so you know a day later it wasn't. But like that, dude's money, what opposite.
Speaker 4: A lot of it is? It seems to be and I'm talking out my ass here. I do have a retirement a four one k. But it all does seem to be like speculative, right, and like vibes and now what's the future going to be? And that's very important, right, people have to know, like what their opportunities in the future.
Speaker 1: Are going to be. So I so.
Speaker 4: You're all in, right me. I know, I put all my money in the coin. I already told you this. All my money is in the E coin.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's that's right. I'm going to try to get back from Vietnamese monkeys racing on motorcycles and I thought that might be a better investment. But actually the stock marker was okay.
Speaker 4: And we saw a lot of stuff like from the EU right that he was like, hey, we wanted to go shoot Japan seriously wants to negotiot, Vietnam, Mexico, all these countries, Israel obviously net and Yah who was at the White House what yesterday?
Speaker 1: And by the way, I don't know if you saw the where he pushed net and Yah who's chairing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw they were making a big deal out of it.
Speaker 1: Who do you mean by they?
Speaker 4: I just read the headlight. I'm like, I don't know why that's a big deal.
Speaker 1: But okay, yeah, but like who on Twitter then turned that into a whole thing. I saw that and I'm like, I can't be on Twitter later because it's just going to be like, oh my gosh, the Jews. Right, And it was some of that. But like for those of you don't know that that's Trump's thing, there's a lot of things that Trump does that kind of feel like eighties early nineties. How do I describe this? He does it because it's a non verbal thing. No, it's like a power move exactly. That's what I'm That's what I'm striving at.
Speaker 4: So that's what his handshake is all about. All this stuff, correct.
Speaker 1: Where he draws people in there one hundred percent and it's it look is it kind of cheesy? Yes it is. These are kind of cheesy eighties nineties power moves, but it's part of Trump and he does it not just for Net and Yahoo. He did it for Mody, the Indian Prime Minister. He did it for who's whoever. The Australian PM came out. I mean, tons of video on this stuff. It's his thing and people go, well, you're pushing their chair in So what you're doing is you're letting them know they're the alfa in the room, and it's not that you're doing that as the president of the United States from a negotiating stand.
Speaker 4: And it's fascinating when you see people said by side, like Vladimir Putin next to Trump, trying to get that one upmanship when it comes to that, yeah, like oh, you know, top on, my hands on top, Oh, now, my hands on your shoulder. Now you're leaning in that kind of stuff, you know, you know.
Speaker 1: Like literally one of the most famous moments of this is the photo stance at the with Reagan right when they had the big meeting where was it Greenland, Iceland or wherever Iceland? Right? That was a big deal with with the Russians, and there is there is literally a documentary that just encompasses the fight for where you stand and how you position yourself. And you've seen it. Do you remember when Barack Obama did that photo where he was like blocking Themngolian Prime Minister. I think I did a parody song over it, like these are all real deal things that have transpired. And I saw people doing like micro analysis of this yesterday and I'm like, it's not that complex. He's doing it because the if the president of the United States pushes your chair in, it makes you feel special. Okay, it makes you feel special. And so now you're sitting there and he wants something from you, you subconsciously may be more open to it. And I saw people making a big deal of that, yes, and I'm like, this is like basic, Stu, you may not do it, but like Trump buys into all that stuff, and it's clearly worked for him over the years, So it's sometimes it's it's not that complex, Okay, all right, phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four coming up on the show. We got some good audio today. Oh there's a couple of things we didn't get to Yesterday'm gonna have to get to as well. So apparently we're God when it comes to species, but not really because some of the news headlines or I feel like they're misrepresenting this. But we'll get into that. There's dire wolves now, but not really. This is so dumb and the most interesting thing that Trump did yesterday had nothing to do with all of the terriff insanity, but it kind of does in the sense that had happened in that world. And it's really funny actually, So we'll get to that and much more. Six forty four hang on on the President's calendar. One netanyah who visited. Now, they did cancel like a joint presser, but they did do whatever their meeting was, and largely I'm assuming their meeting was about like tariff stuff right with most countries. I can't even imagine what it must have been fielding phone calls at the White House yesterday from other countries. I believe I saw fifty different countries reached out yesterday, which doesn't surprise me. So they had that going on. But in addition yesterday to what you would kind of expect with what was in the news, they also had the visit of the World Series champion LA Dodgers doing their White House visit, and in fact, I think the Eagles are like next week, something like that week or week two weeks away. I saw people that incorrectly said they weren't going to be there, but they're actually coming, all right. So you had the Dodgers there, and when you have the Dodgers there, you have the lawmakers from California, which unfortunately in this case means what is the one dude's name Padilla, who was the state treasurer. And then of course somebody you do know, Adam Schiff, So they had the two senators from California. I just want you to know who Trump is referring to. And what was crazy to me is, imagine all of that news cycle yesterday and we're just watching it, and most people were plugged in. They were commenting on social media, they were talking to people at work. I mean, maybe some people said, I'm just going to ignore it, but for the most part, it was like part of many people's lives yesterday, none more so than Donald Trump, the president who decided to do it. And yet this dude is hosting a sports team and cracking jokes. That's the part that blew me away. And it's funny, by the way. So he's got the Dodgers up there. Remember everything this dude has going on in the background. And yet this is how easy breezy he is at the whole Dodger visit thing. Listen to the congratulations Brian.
Speaker 4: And others.
Speaker 9: We have a couple of senators here. I just don't particularly like them, so I won't introduce. Over the course of this amazing season, the members of this team.
Speaker 10: I didn't think it was that big a deal.
Speaker 1: Washington, How like is that weird or is that just weird to me? Like it should be from and I've you know, I've never been president, but I would assume that yesterday was one of your high stress stays because you're doing this thing. You're doing this thing that people are literally claiming is going to end the country. Right, you got this going and you're cracking jokes while you're you're glad handing. He grabbed like a Munsey's arm from the Dodgers, and he made some other weird comment about like how most people's arms are jello and his steel and he's just he's just there like he's doing a listener meet and greet at one of the musician things that we've done in radio. Like it's it's so not I don't want to say it's not serious, because like this is an official function at the White House, but for him to be out there just cracking jokes like nothing's going on, it was pretty wild. Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you you almost or to think it's because he's confident and knows what he's doing.
Speaker 1: That health that possibly that's one of the theories.
Speaker 4: And just compare that to the previous four years with Joe Biden, right where you would have these big news stories and not only would he would he not you would not hear from the man for a week. Remember Afghanistan. Where is he?
Speaker 1: He's a basement's ice cream.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, this is going on, and he's like, you know, hosting the Dodgers and cracking jokes and being super comfortable in the.
Speaker 1: Middle of all, Yes, while they're issuing statements that that clearly are hyper political. It was just, I don't want to say weird because it cannotes some sort of negative thing. It's just like, I don't know, I don't know if I was attempting to carry out essentially the restructuring of the global financial order, if I'd be cracking jokes with the Dodgers and I'm pretty comfortable on the air.
Speaker 4: To some extent, it reminds me of Reagan in the eighties, where he was like, you know, battling with doing the Cold War and the Soviet Union, and then he'd be in these press conferences cracking jokes that is making people laugh. Yeah, but like it's kind of similar, but like, but.
Speaker 1: It is similar. But that's part of the large part of it. Trump is right in the middle of something very specific. I don't know that I'm describing this as well as I know.
Speaker 4: It's a reset of the great reset, and you can imagine there's a lot of pressure there because it could it could go the other way.
Speaker 1: I mean that is, you wouldn't know it from that audio. You wouldn't know it from that audio. The guy's running around squeezing dude's arms, going, that's like a steal. Well, the guy's major league baseball player, making jokes about Adam Schiff in the room. Just whatever, just cool, calm and collected. Now, it either means, as Ross pointed out, he's very comfortable with what he's doing, or others interpreted as he's a lunatic and like he doesn't care what he's doing. He doesn't understand it. Like you know, I understand that people are gonna paint that in different directions. That being said, I don't I don't know that I could operate like that. But I have a very stressful day at work. The last thing I want to do is interact with people. Hunter, even though this is an interact with people kind of job, but I mean, like in person, that stresses me. Out man, we have listeners. It it's not because I don't want to hang out with you. It's like that's a stressful thing. It just it just because it's it's it like disrupts the normal order of the day. I have to figure out how I'm gonna do prep because usually it's like an afternoon evening thing like it. It's just kind of it upends everything. This guy, as you said, is resetting the great Reset and cracking jokes with major league players, and I guess good on him, and I understand how people are gonna twist it as well. But account man, all right, it is uh, look at that. I don't have time for this other story. I got about a minute left, all right. Coming up on the show, I mentioned the dire Wolf stuff We're going to get into that I'm going to and I'm going to be much more middle of the road here. I feel like we finally have to analyze what's going on. And I mentioned it, I think Friday on the show where you had was it? Did I mention it Friday or maybe maybe yesterday? I mentioned it where you have this seventeen year old who stabbed another seventeen year old in the heart, killed him and at a track meet, right, and there's, of course there's the racial connotations there. Everybody's taking this in their own direction. The fundraising is crazy. I'm just going about my business right before I would do prep and I'm like, I'm hungry, and I was digging through the fridge and I got a bunch of like I just went shopping, got a bunch of stuff in there, and I bought a bunch of potatoes, and so in my brain, I'm like, all right, I'm gonna chop these up. I'm gonna make some delicious French fries to snack on because I'm not ready for dinner yet, throw them in the air fryer, which, uh, there's I mean, that's the way to go nowadays. Little garlic, olive oil. I had some fresh basil and parsley. It was gonna be my air fryer. Which I'm trying to remember when I got on the air fryer train, it was what maybe a year ago. I mean, it literally happened on the air. I finally like bit the bullet, so glad I did, and I actually bought a nice one mid French fry ross. Thing just decided it doesn't work anymore.
Speaker 4: I think this is one of those things where you feel like it was like a year ago and it's actually gonna be like four or five.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's that long. I don't because I was looking. I think the thing may still be under warranty. I don't, And I have no idea what happened. It wasn't over overloaded or nothing. And did it have a weird smell? And I could hear it shut off because it has like the it gave the I'm done ding even though it wasn't done, although I did eat the fries, they were mostly done. Yeah, the whole thing just crapped the bed yesterday. So very upset.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've moved on to our second one. We have the Drew Barrymore model, and Drew Barrymore has a series of products like cooking products, and you're like, ah, and this thing is amazing. It's it's leap years ahead of the old air fryer we had so good. It's like Drew or Berry. You just google Drew Barrymore air fryer'll come out.
Speaker 3: It said.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's not it's not once she recommended it's literally her own.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she has her own brand of products, okay.
Speaker 1: And I haven't had Ninja, which I'm which is you know, I did the research and the Ninja look good, and I got the Ninja because I have the Ninja, the little Mini from Ninja, and that thing's amazing. That's great. I've had that for years. So yeah, the airfryer just crapping out. You have to say, not happy about that, so uh, probably need to get one before the tariffs, right, dude, I was reading an article yesterday. Do you know what Apple's doing right now? They are They have literally chartered aircraft and they're flying as many iPhones into the US as they can asap outside of their normal transport, right because normally when they transport it's not air it's you know, cargo ships. They're flying as many iPhones in the US, just trying to figure out what the hell's going to happen. So so I don't know. Maybe I won't be able to replace with that, but I never knew how much I missed my air fryer until my fries weren't done yesterday, So we shall see.
Speaker 4: I mean, what are you supposed to do now? Put them in a microwave or like an oven?
Speaker 1: Or something. What is that actually a friar? I have a I never use it. So do you have a fryar like a deep friar?
Speaker 4: We do, but we've never used it, I don't think, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with the once the air fryar was in there, I didn't. I used it before then on very rare occasions. But I haven't touched that thing in a long time. So all right, people are sending weird emails this morning. Hey, you mentioned parody songs. What happened to him? You haven't had a new one? And uh so, my my buddy Tim, who sang all those parody songs, he didn't do that anymore. So that was literally his business, and so I would contract with him to do it. So I don't have somebody to sing him because you don't want me singing them, and you probably don't. I don't ross can you sing? I guess I've never asked. I mean I can sing, yeah, okay, can you sing? Well?
Speaker 4: I mean if that's all subjective?
Speaker 1: Right, okay? So no, all right, So we don't have somebody to sing him, sir, And so that's what's up with them. It was another radio buddy, and then that was his niche thing, and literally he got paid for that. So I was so happy to support him, and we did parody songs for I don't know a decade with Tim, but yeah, he doesn't do it anymore. Want So that's why you haven't heard a new one in in forever, well not forever, like about eight months, seven eight months. To answer your questions, which apparently am doing on the air. All right, so yesterday scientists were doing the whole We're super excited. Look at the science thing we did. We we we brought dire wolves back, all right, So let's talk wolves for a moment. How many of you have ever seen a wolf in person, by the way, and I don't. I don't care if it's at a zoo or you know, some nature park or whatever. The one thing that I think most people don't realize about wolves, not dire wolves. We'll get to those in a moment. Just regular wolves is how big they are. And that and I don't necessarily mean the red wolf thing down by the coast. I mean like legit wolves, gray wolves in the northern and western United States and in Alaska, it's out of hand. They're much bigger. But if you've never been around a wolf. It's the size of them is intimidating. And if you've seen a coyote and you think that a wolf kind of looks like that, it doesn't. It's easily discernible between the two different things. They're they're terrifyingly larger. Wolves always weirded me out growing up more than bears, because black bears were easy to deal with. Bears or grizzlies depending on I guess you know where you are from a latitude standpoint or a longitude standpoint, that's a different animal altogether. But you almost never see them wolves. The first time I remember seeing a wolf in person, I was like twenty yards from this thing, and there was always you know, Wyoming didn't have a lot of them, but then they repopulated Yellowstone, and then they spread out, and then they repopulated actually some other areas of Wyoming which didn't get depressed. Seeing a wolf in person is it's really impressive. Also, you don't want to be really I was too close to one, so it was it was kind of a weird situation. And I remember growing up where I would like I would ride through on like a horse through like snow, and then we'd come back, and you'd see your tracks, and then there'd be a bunch of wolf tracks cutting it where they had clearly meld us or trying to see what was going on, and you never see them, but seeing one in person is pretty crazy. A dire wolf, as as they are described historically makes those things look like a chihuahua, and you've seen them represented in media and movies and all of that, but having an actual dire wolf, which is remarkably larger than a wolf, which is remarkably larger than you probably think it is, is a pretty terrifying concept. So what does science do. They're like, let's go ahead and bring these back, although they kind of didn't. They just kind of used I think twenty splice points on DNA to birth these new wolves and I and then they're calling them dire wolves, but they're not. Okay. That being said, they had some pupps. They were all over the news yesterday and by the way, here's what they sound like. And again, you're dealing with pups. You're dealing with things that you would cuddle, but you know, six months from now, we'll try to eat your throat. All right, So they're like, oh, it's so terrifying. We made the dire wolves, and here's what they sound like. Nobody's scared of that, all right, hush. Anyway, they're just little pups, and you know, they're just whining because that's what little pups or kittens or whatever do. And they're clearly not going to grow to the size of an actual dire wolf. In fact, uh, I just accidentally closed the wrong tab here, all right, hold on, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry close the wrong tab. All right. So a dire wolf, an actual what are extinct and these don't count, are remarkably large two hundred pounds, which I know doesn't sound as big, but you have to remember wolves are kind of lean, so to be two hundred pounds and lean. Think about somebody who is two hundred pounds but has like five percent body fat. That's a big person. That's what a dire wolf is. These are not those now, you know, like a gray wolf maybe one hundred pounds, but still it's one hundred pounds that looks very intimidating, whereas like a coyotes like forty pounds, fifty maybe sixty, and they're like, ah, we brought these back to life. So this is the first of this company, who is also excuse me, is also claiming, yeah, here we go, is also claiming that they're going to be able to bring back a wooly man, but they're gonna have to like parrot with something. I don't know what that looks like. Are we cool with this? Do we need to bring these things back? I guess Game of Thrones would be a good representation of dire wolves. And by the way, those were not inaccurate. And because when you look at shoulder height of what a dire wolf is, it's like forty inches.
Speaker 4: I remember when I realized how off I was about the size of wolves. I saw the video that was going around social media or they showed a moose walking down inside the road, and I said, I've said this before previously in the show. Being a city kid born and raised in the city up in New York, so I always assumed that most animals were basically the size of a cow. So when I would think of a moose, I'd be like a cow, a bear, I'm thinking it's sort of like a cow. Everything goes back to a cow. Being a city kid, it's never been seeing any of.
Speaker 1: These animals, but have a reference point that's fair.
Speaker 4: So seeing that moose, I was like, there's no way that's the actual side size of a moose. My other experience seeing these animals wasn't like Red Dead Redemption too, And I'm like, that's definitely not the size of a moose in the game. So which one is real here? So I google it and I see a comparison comparative image of like a guy standing next to the moose, and I'm like, well, that's enormous. No idea was that big? That looks like a prehistoric animal, something you would see in like Jurassic Park. Then from there I showed.
Speaker 1: You have I showed you my picture by wolf harvest or my wolf, my loose? What I the moose? I shot?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think you have all right, I.
Speaker 1: Gotta show you that photo. I am laying across the body of that thing enormous longer than me. Yeah I'm six foot tall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this thing was towering over cars, and I was completely shocked, being a kid from the city, had no idea, never actually seen a moose. So then from there do other animal searches because that's how my brain works. And I did a wolf and I realized at that point. Seeing this wolf side by side with a person, it looked like a monster. This thing was a prehistoric, which what you would imagine like a dire wolf prehistoric. I'm like, that's a wolf. That's how big this wolf is. I'm like, that can't be real. This is photoshopped, right, it is not. And that's when I realized how often I was about coyotes and wolves, because I used to be one of those people where it'd be like, oh, that's a coyote or that's the one, but there's such a difference between the two, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you there. I used to hear people go, oh, I just pretend it's coyote and shoot it. This is a rancher mentality, right, because they go in and they harvest on your livestock. The first time I saw a wolf, I'm like, that is clearly not a coyote, Like there's no way to screw those things even a distance. But from a moose perspective, I obviously by the time I got to the moose that I harvested that I killed, you know, the things on the ground when it was standing, we did a measurement. It was literally taller than me at the shoulders. Thought this. This is not even the head and and the you know, the paddles. This is literally at the shoulders. So if you don't like you're underestimating how big a moose is most likely. And that was a that wasn't even a fully mature bull.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean so much so that I really thought the photo in the video at first, I'm like, that's a CGI video and this is like an AI photo or something. It's not real.
Speaker 1: No, no, But now we have dire wolves I think.
Speaker 4: I think the other thing I saw was maybe it was one of the Bourne movies, the one with Jeremy Renner where he's in the woods and he gets surrounded by wolves, and I remember thinking, there's no way a wolf is that big, because it was like towering over him. When it was on top of him, it was just covering him.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you know, again, a full sized gray wolf is not It's not that they're super heavy, they're very lean, so the body is much bigger. I is the only way I can describe it. So, and we shot when I was up in Alaska, we shot some wolves. There was only one that was really big, but for the most every single one was clearly larger than a coyote.
Speaker 4: I'm just thinking about.
Speaker 1: I think we harvested five, five or six we were up there.
Speaker 4: The way you're describing it, I'm imagining it in like wrestling terms because that's what I do. So it's like two hundred pounds but short and lean. So it's like Shawn Michaels as a wolf. That's a ginormous wolf. That's terrifying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's the dire wolves. Gray wolves are not quite that big, but pretty quod. Some of the Russian ones are pretty big. Over in Russia they have bigger wolves and bigger moose, so we have in the in the US we have what are known as Shires from a moose perspective, but you get up to Canada they start getting super big, even much bigger than it took. I will tell you this. So I shot that moose and I had to go get like two of my buddies, and we were about a half mile back in. We couldn't a TV. We could bring a horse, which we did, but it took like a whole day to chop this thing up and we had to make four trips to haul it out, which, by the way, moose is delicious for those of you who hunt who have not harvested a moose literally one of my favorite. It's not gamy. I don't even know how to describe it. It's just good, which is unfortunate for them because now I'd be like if I could now in Wyoming you were limited if you got a moose tag, you couldn't get another one for ten years at the time, and now it's almost lifetime I think in some areas. But oh man, if you ever get a chance, if you're into hunting, moose, is moose is probably, other than big horn sheep, the best wild game I've ever read.
Speaker 4: I've heard moose and caribou. I've heard that caribou good I took.
Speaker 1: I have shot two caribou because you get two up in Quebec where we went. But now moose wins one hundred, so good. The problem is just you got to literally like pack a car out is what you're dealing with. But no, now we have dire wolves and they're they're promising to bring So the question is, what the hell are you going to do with them? That's mine? Like what so you make them in a lab? You're gonna make pets? Do you want to repopulate them, because you do. In Wyoming, they all be dead in like a week. All my buddies I grew up with, I promise will kill them. I know that bothers some of you, but that's a nightmare if you're raising livestock. So anyway, we'll take a break, be right back hanging the process, pulling out all the stocks. So all right, so you're are you down with the Jurassic Park stuff or not? Like, do you think they should keep recreating things that are no longer here? And where does it end? Like, couldn't you start with nice stuff, you know, like one of those things that just eats like plants. Wouldn't that be the direction to go? But they're like, no, we're going to make a dire wolf.
Speaker 4: All right, So you want to a plant that just eats You just want to keep feeding that plant that eats.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, something that eats plants, not a dire wolf and not Maybe the wooly mammoth is fine, I don't know, probably still stomp you to death. But you know, sabertoothed tiger is one of the things they're working on. You don't need that.
Speaker 4: You said, it's not going to grow as big as an actual dire wolf. How do we know that?
Speaker 1: Because it is a traditional wolf, they've replaced like twenty genetic markers. And one of the things they said there is it probably won't grow to size. So I don't know. I'm not a scientist. But still if it grows to regular wolf, I don't know, that's still not good. Again, and I made a point of this. Whatever you think a wolf is, it's bigger, okay. And it's bigger because even when you hear in the case of dire wolf, you hear two hundred pounds, but if you hear one hundred pounds for a gray wolf, don't think think of a hundred pound like girl. Okay, probably not a dude, but they think of some hundred pound little four foot eleven you know, check who's whatever. They're so much less compact than that. So weighing one hundred pounds, the frame and the body size is bigger. And I had somebody send me an email and this is partly correct. It's due to the excess of lung capacity. Yes, right, so you have a big barrel on these things, but there's not as much weight there. That's true. But also they're so lean on the legs, like there's not a lot of and and and obviously they're incredibly fast and they you know, they travel these these these distances. But like people don't know how big critters are until you've like we encounter obviously deer, coyote, you know, stuff like that in North Carolina. But just growing up with just growing up with animals, man, just growing up with wild animals that you'd encounter. Like, you don't get that moose that I shot. I don't know. I couldn't weigh the whole thing because I quartered it out before I pulled it out, But best guess eight hundred pounds and Shire's moose are one of the smallest breeds of moose. You get into the Canadian and you know the stuff you see up in Alaska and Canada, and of course what they have over in a couple of Maine has bigger moose. I can't remember what the breed is.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's crazy when you consider Andre the giant was like seven hundred plus pounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that moose, which looks you know, moose looks thin, you know what I'm saying. The body looks thin. The thing is still eight hundred pounds to one thousand pounds for a mature bull Shire's moose, which is the small breed, and uh and it was every bit of that hauling it out. So like, are there not nice things? This is this is my point. I'm sitting there and I'm reading this story, and I'm like, aren't there like fun things that are extinct? Now? Like, can we work on some dodos? Maybe not things that'll eat your kid?
Speaker 4: Yeah, are a nice cute like prehistoric bunny or something. It's like a fluffy body.
Speaker 1: But also whenever they come, but like how many stories have you read they're like, oh, we found like the world's first rabbit, right and you look at it and it looks like a t rex essentially, like everything was essentially a murder vehicle back in the day. So I don't know, maybe there's not enough to choose from, but like dodos would be okay, you could do dodos. Maybe you don't need carrier pigeons or whatever you know from back in the day. But why why you gotta go full teeth? I don't know if that's gonna work out. What are you gonna do with them? Are they gonna be like, let me tell you. I I know somebody in Minnesota who who was I don't know the full licensing how it all worked, but essentially he was. He partially did rescue recovery for injured wolves and on molt on two different occasions, they flipped out, got out so bad that he had to literally put him down and like he but I remember going over to his place. His name is Bill Slaughter. I'll tell you who it is, because he runs sled dogs and stuff like that. But he had this deal with the game and fish folks there where he actually ran a recovery for him and at some point they're just like now, unfortunately it's not going to work out, and like how mean these things were and they're wild animals, Like I don't blame them, they're wild animals, but they're terrifying in person. Now, the scariest animal that I ever encountered in the wild, not even a grizzly bear, and I've been there multiple times where I've come across grizzly bears a mountain lion, because you would never see a mountain lion. So but one of the times that I did, I saw this and it was a female and I had a tag by the way, so I could have shot this one if I wanted to. So she comes out of the trees and I'm like, and this is daylight, and I'm like, that's a mountain lowe. What the hell is going on? And I am walking this ridge line essentially down to check fence, so I don't know mile or whatever. I'm actually walking down the hill in our cabins at the bottom, and I see her and I'm like, oh, well, that was cool. Don't see a mountain lion every day. And then like ten minutes later, I see her in a closer group of trees kind of emerge from there and scoot over to the next ones close. This mountain line stalked me. It stalked me for I don't like an hour, and eventually ended up maybe like seventy five yards away. And I have just to be clear, I have a pistol on me, because I am at any point i'm in that situation, I have a significant enough pistol to dispatch a grizzly bear. I'm not even thinking about mountain lions. And that unnerved me more than any critter I've ever seen out in the wild. And they're even smaller than the wolves. Man, But you just you realize how aggressive one of those things can get. All right, let's go to the phones. Jake, you're up first, Go right ahead.
Speaker 7: How's it going, fellas going? Uh? Yeah. When I was at m C State in the seventies, but my older brother was at n C State in the sixties, and they wanted a mascot that wasn't a German shepherd. They wanted a wolf for the football games, all right, So they bought a young wolf and uh as the as the wolf got older, somebody, I guess from the Animal science department said, this is not a wolf. This is like a coyote. You have bought a coyote, guys. And so they said, what we wanted a wolf, that we got. We we got the mace pill pull a switch on us. And so they said, what he's here, he's going to be our mascot. So they named him the Lobo, the Lobo to coyote, who was our mascot for quite a while, and he would appear in like the Technician at certain they had a comic strip back then. I'd get my brother's technicians and they would show the adventures of wonder Worm and Lobo, and I think they actually brought him to a few games and like, no, this just isn't gonna work. But I think he just eventually died of all days there on campus somewhere.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean so so like so it was a coyote. It was not a wolf.
Speaker 7: It was a coyote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys got to get a wolf man.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean it's just a lot. You were to get some dog that looks like a wolf and you know, the maintenance on, it's not a day.
Speaker 1: You can't do that. You need a full on wolf man, Like you gonna go a Mexican wolf if you're gonna eaven Lobo which Spanish.
Speaker 7: Well he uh, he would appear like a like whoever football team were playing in years ago, playing Houston number one, right team in the country. That's a long time ago, fellas and uh and Lobo, you know, cheering us on. And we actually won the game down in Nashville.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what I mentioned yesterday, there are a SEC teams that can beat Houston. Who to thunk it? So all right, I gotta like, yeah, alright, I irritated some Duke fans, by the way. So when Houston won, I don't know if any of you us saw this video. So Houston won obviously against Duke, and uh they're doing that, you know, they're celebrating on the court the keem Elijah Wan's there, all right, that's kind of a you know, a little connection there obviously, and like some stupid security guy wouldn't let him out on the court even though he's sitting like front row and he wants to go celebrate with Houston because you know that was his team, and there's some like fat security dude just like I don't know who you are, And I'm like, how do you not know who that is? Or at the very least, even if you don't know that that is in fact, Elijah Wan, you have to go This dude clearly played basketball right because the size differential on the guys, and he wouldn't let him out on the court. So I don't know if you saw that video. All Right, we'll get to more calls. Hang on, Joe Anne Lee and everybody. Oh Boston Paul's calling O, good lord, what does he want? All right, let's get uh get weather first and then we'll get over that insanity. What's going on? Man? Yeah? Yeah, not much, not much. Look at you and your shiny new quarterback. Oh who's that? What are you talking about? Well? The Cowboys? Yeah, the Cowboys traded for the Patriots backup quarterback.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not impressed.
Speaker 1: What's he going to be? The next? Uh, the next shining star. I don't need the answer. I thought you'd be happy. I don't know, not happy at all. Trying to be nice today. If you want me to scry, Oh, thank you, I appreciate it. Da, that's no fun. What fun is being nice?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. Yeah, we'll try. I'm just glad you guys made a move because you haven't done No, we have it, looking forward to another below five hundred season. Can't wait, right? So let me can I ask you a question whetherwise you know there's there's obviously what's going on Kentucky and Tennessee with the flooding is wild and yeah, and then there's a story where somebody accidentally opened a damn which I don't know how to work in Tennessee, which is probably but like uh legit, like number of deaths now from what's going on over there? Yeah, why are we not getting a piece of that? Not that I wanted, but it's just kind of No, it's crazy. We're not talking about North Carolina in that mix.
Speaker 6: No, our saving grace was the high pressure off to the east. It was a real strong high and we're just close enough to it that it fought off and believe it or not, weakened that front and the rain as an approach. Now, I'm not going to say we didn't get some decent rain totals. Some of the twenty four hour totals about one two even up to three inches. Uh Kernersville near the Triad three point five three at one point three four and one of the rain gages at one of the fire stations in Raleigh. So it was about an inch in and around Raleigh to two inches down near Fayetteville four Oaks one point five and then off to the west there was a little bit more, but it wasn't double digits like we've seen where we saw those significant flooding in Kentucky twelve and on into Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, inch is twenty one people dead. I'm sure that number is probably more. This is from.
Speaker 6: Yesterday, but yeah, and yeah, so you know, it was more high pressure that stayed strong enough to keep us shielded. From the heavy rain and then just a quicker movement of the rainfall that kind of saved us there, and now back behind everything the colder airs in. There's freeze warnings for tomorrow morning. This morning it's cold, but it'll be colder tomorrow morning. As temperatures this morning are quite varied, from the mid forties to even fifty degrees right now at the airport and Raleigh to forty degrees to try it, so there's kind of a ten degree temperature difference, and then there's even thirties out in the mountains, so this morning's kind of changeable, depends on where you are. And then sunny met upper fifties. Later tonight we're in the upper twenties to low thirties. Thus the freeze watch will be freeze warnings too in some areas, so cold night tonight early Wednesday, than sun maybe sixty tomorrow, most of us again in the mid upper fifties. We're back closer to forty Thursday morning, maybe some showers Thursday afternoon near seventy, and a better chance of showers Thursday night Friday, before the weekend and the weekend. We talked about it yesterday Casey looks gorgeous right now in the mid sixties with loads in the forties.
Speaker 1: Well, you did very well. So I mean, no, thank you God. Several days, don't jack it up. But right, yeah, dude, I was reading about all the flooding in Tennessee, Arkansas. There's about four states Missouri, yeah, and I'm just like, how did North Carolina escape? I'm glad we did, but like I didn't realize twenty one people been killed by that already. Yeah, yep, yep.
Speaker 6: A couple of those were I think wind and tornado related to but most of them, a lot of them are from flooding.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, No, there's three like trees falling, that kind of stuff. But yeah, it's pretty pretty nasty. It's crazy, right, appreciate it. We'll talk the next hour, thank you. Yep. All right, we got a whole host of phone calls, so we're gonna get right into that when we return here on the CaCO Day Radio program. So the thing that I was telling Ross is we had about fifty hunters per year that would come out and hunt the property. We went like we'd go and we'd sell elk antelope, mule deer, or you could shoot whatever. You could shoot a white tail if you want it, but and then bear and mountain lion. And it constantly amazed me that people would do no research at the size of the animals. Like I had a dude show up gun. Guys will get this. A prong horn antelope is remarkably smaller than a deer, like a full Like a full grown prong horn you could pick up and easily carry. Okay. I had a dude show up with a saiko of a you know, we're getting into the four hundred series of firearms. I'm like, what are you doing, dude? And we had to like loan him a thirty out six so he didn't turn his game to mist But yeah, people, they have no clue how big or small these things are. All right, let me grab a couple more calls. We get more in the next segment too, just because we're tight on time. Yes, Lee, what's up?
Speaker 2: Hey man, It's Lee from Yaki County again this morning. I just want to hope you guys are doing well. And I got a funny story about the size of a wolf. My uncle's hunting in Alaska in the late nineties and killed a wolf, a big wolf, and when Matt Sucker came home. I was at my uncle's house when they brought the mount in, and they had one hundred and gust was like one hundred and twenty one hundred and thirty pounds old golden retriever and he was big. Gus tore up the floors. He was running so fast out of that room when they brought that wolf. Mountain wolves are massive. People have no idea how big these things actually are. And they are huge. They are scary looking, their teeth and their paws are just massive. Yeah, they are huge animals.
Speaker 1: Somehow we've got on this extinct animal kick. So it's because scientists have and I don't like the way that they word it, but the return of the dire wolf have for the first time produced young pups that are quote unquote dire wolves, except they're not really. They are genetically altered wolves. Sure for sure. Yeah, So like they have these genetically altered wolves and then they went ahead and like did some gene sequencing. That's what this is. But that's fine. We got into this big discussion, all right. Oh man, well okay, all right, well for sure do that. Let me Ross, would you break the news to the callers there. We're gonna go ahead and this was not on the schedule, but obviously there's enough going on in Washington. We're gonna go ahead and do this. Senator Ted Budd's calling in and maybe he has an opinion on diar wolves. How you doing this morning, Senator, what's up?
Speaker 3: Bang doing great?
Speaker 10: No opinion on the wolves, just looking at those those cute pictures, but man, they're gonna grow up, and I'd hate to keep those around his pets.
Speaker 1: People don't realize how big wolves are, let alone dire wolves. So maybe, maybe, just maybe you could like shove them in like one of your colleague's offices just to keep thinking interesting. I don't know, because I don't know what you do with these things. But yeah, so yeah, what was do yesterday? Was the craziest day up in Washington, man, And that's saying something. And what like really did it for me is watching Trump do that thing with the Dodgers yesterday where he's just like, it's just another day. He made fun of your colleagues from California. Obviously, Adam Schiff Donald Trump not fans of each other, and like he was so nonchalant in the middle of what was absolute potential insanity that it was very wild to me. So let's just talk about that for a moment, because I see that some of your colleagues, including our other senator, are sitting here and wanting to essentially limit tariff powers to the president. Like, what are you guys doing in the background while all of this is unfolding? And then it turned out to kind of be a nothing burger, So talk about the day that was your day yesterday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you're kind of inside.
Speaker 3: The middle of the whirlwind when you're here and.
Speaker 10: Then you come back home, Like if I even have like one night to be back home in North Carolina, in good old Davy County, I'm going home, spend a night there, reset for reality, and come back. But as wild up here, what you see as a president Trump, he's not worried about re election. He's worried about Americans. He's worrying about securing the border.
Speaker 5: I mean, this is a guy that in his first term he.
Speaker 3: Had the whiteboard, he wrote out what he.
Speaker 10: Had promised, and he went through making good on those promises. Now he's doing it even faster. He's got a better team. Tariffs are about negotiating everything that he wished he had done.
Speaker 5: Like, I'm probably not a huge fan of tariffs, but I see what he's doing.
Speaker 10: He's for the American worker, he's for the economy, he's for America not being taken advantage of. And I think you need to give him a chance on this because I play he's right, and this is about resetting the table where the.
Speaker 3: American worker and the American.
Speaker 10: Family is king again, and that's what our country was built on.
Speaker 1: Do you like the way he's going about it, though, I mean, because this is this isn't just ripping the band aid off, man, this is like, this is like tup your cast on, Like this is look if you're going.
Speaker 5: To do it, Like I talked to economists all the time.
Speaker 10: They're like, hey, we wish we had just kind of slowly ratcheted this up or rolled it out differently, Like okay, great, but you're not president. I'm not president. He's president, and.
Speaker 5: He understands the politics and he understands.
Speaker 10: The economics, and you've got to do both in his job, So ripping the band aid off, getting it done, like, don't retire if you're looking at your four oh one K a month ago, don't retire.
Speaker 5: Today, give it a little chance.
Speaker 10: This is about it's about revenues. This is about resetting the table. Scott Besson, Secretary of Treasury, has said, seventy countries, there's only what two hundred countries, seventy seventy of them in a week have already called.
Speaker 5: And said, hey, let's play, let's make a deal.
Speaker 11: And so I think that's great.
Speaker 10: The deals are going to work out to be, I don't know, but they're calling. And that's exactly what the goal is. It's not to have the tariffs, it's to get them to the table so that we can have a better deal for Americans and American workers.
Speaker 1: So here's the only disconnect that I see. And Vietnam is a good example. Vietnam is one of the first countries to be like, yeah, we'll go zero for zero with you, and the response from the White House was that's not good enough. And like, the trade in balance for countries like Vietnam will always exist only because they don't. They just don't have the money to buy as much of our stuff as we do their stuff, and they are major manufacturers for a lot of things that come into the US. And like, I get this there's like this weird I don't want to say disconnect, Like I don't understand the strategy thinking that you're going to eliminate a trade imbalance with a country like Vietnam. Do you get what I'm driving at, because like they just don't have the money to buy as much as we're going to buy from them, And like, what is your understanding of what the White House is looking for for countries like that who are clearly coming to the table. They want to be able to send stuff to the US, but their economy will never allow them to buy at the same rate, So there will always be a trade imbalance, even if there's not terraces.
Speaker 10: Well tomorrow it will have been exactly one week. So these deals aren't settled. I mean, when you have great trade partners and you have a lot there's a lot of issues with Chinese companies investing in Vietnam so that they can transship around Chinese teriffs.
Speaker 3: That's been going on for a while.
Speaker 11: It's been hurting our.
Speaker 5: Furniture industries, our textile industries.
Speaker 10: If we say, hey, we're stopping this for coming from China, well then they just ship it to Vietnam and then they ship it out. So there's a lot of complexity that we're not going to iron out in a week.
Speaker 11: So that's why I say, let's give it a little.
Speaker 5: Bit of time. Let's see what the White House.
Speaker 3: Is trying to accomplish for America.
Speaker 5: And again, we want a stronger America, we want a.
Speaker 10: Stronger economy, we want more in the pockets of the American people and American families.
Speaker 5: Fuel prices have come down.
Speaker 10: I think commodity prices are going to come down for and it's going to make life better for Americans.
Speaker 5: But let's let this iron out, and let's give it.
Speaker 11: With what do we eat six days in Let's give.
Speaker 10: It a little more time for them to iron out these differences. Companies like Vietnam they want to deal with us, but there's a lot.
Speaker 5: Of complexity in there, so let's give it a little.
Speaker 3: More than a week.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, and and I want to be clear. I understand too, because people are going well. He needs to be more direct and be very specific on you know, the steps. But that's not how you negotiate like Trump's whole thing is. And you saw this with Putin not trying to go into Ukraine during the first administration. You want people going, I don't know what that guy's going to do. Who the hell knows, right, And that's like seemingly Trump's thing man, whether it's business negotiations, tariffs, or screwing with Iran, like it's it's baked into the cake, and it's it's arguably probably effective.
Speaker 3: Would you agree with that one percent?
Speaker 10: I mean, you don't want to tip your hand. And I think he's always strong. He'll cut a deal, he'll get to a deal, but it's a little wild and unpredictable in the midst of the negotiation. And I think that plays in America's favor.
Speaker 5: It did last time.
Speaker 10: And you remember in April of twenty seventeen how.
Speaker 3: Worried we were about North.
Speaker 10: Korea, and then all of a sudden they end up meeting in Vietnam.
Speaker 3: I think maybe it was Thailand, but where they end up meeting.
Speaker 10: So I think this is headed to a good place because Trump is strong. These leaders want to curry favor with America, especially with Trump in office.
Speaker 5: And I think he's doing it right. But you may not likely what you see.
Speaker 3: At any particular moment. You may not like, oh my gosh, looking with the markets to today.
Speaker 5: It's not about just today.
Speaker 10: It's about the long term and midterm benefit for the American worker, and we're going to get there.
Speaker 3: Just give him a little bit of time.
Speaker 1: What is your vision for that, because yeah, I mean you've tried obviously when you're running for Senate. You did the one hundred county thing like everybody does.
Speaker 5: We're doing it again.
Speaker 3: I'm doing it again.
Speaker 1: So you got But when you go to one hundred counties, you're going to encounter one hundred different medium to small sized towns that have been absolutely devastated with the loss of you know whatever. Look at the city of Eden, which is technically where our licenses for ninety four five are, Greensboro Station. You go to city of Sparta, you go to Tarboro, You go to all these places that are not what they.
Speaker 3: Used to be.
Speaker 1: So are you hopeful that with the seven trillion in investment that Trump was bragging about yesterday, that those communities might see some of that investment?
Speaker 11: What are you thinking, Oh, we're already saying it.
Speaker 10: You know, I'm meeting with the country of Japan today that wants to invest.
Speaker 5: It's already invested.
Speaker 10: Over thirteen billion dollars in North Carolina, and that is not in the middle of downtown Charlotte or downtown Raleigh. I mean there's benefits, you know, a law firm here and there, and a bank here and.
Speaker 5: There, but your workers are right there.
Speaker 10: In these these megasites that some of them.
Speaker 3: Are being developed. We've got more capacity in North Carolina.
Speaker 5: I think what.
Speaker 10: Trust's doing, I mean standing up for the long term future of American workers, American families, and it's about good paying jobs and higher wages. Look, I'm from Davy County. There was furniture there, there was textiles there, a lot of you got Ashley furniture there, which is based in what used to be tobacco warehouses for R. J.
Speaker 3: Reynolds.
Speaker 5: You know, I kind of grew up in.
Speaker 10: The shadow of that being the one industry, and then there was other furniture household names that if if you look under your grandma's couch or your furniture, you might still see.
Speaker 11: But those a lot of these are coming back.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: It's not going to be the same as.
Speaker 10: The pre nineteen ninety two, but we're going to see a lot of these industries coming back.
Speaker 5: And we're seeing it in bits and pieces.
Speaker 10: But I think it was devastating in nineties under NAFTA one point zero, a little bit better in twenty nineteen with NAFA.
Speaker 1: Two point oh.
Speaker 5: But I think it's going to be even stronger now with what President Trump is doing.
Speaker 3: And remember these.
Speaker 10: Derifs are for negotiation that you don't leave these fixed. They're flexible. But this is about getting these countries off the mark and to the table.
Speaker 1: So talk to me about the Japan things. I did see the story that Japan was sending quote unquote their best negotiators. So you're in on that? What I mean, what are you guys gonna do? You're gonna go get some food and talk about this or are you at the White House? I mean, how does it? Because here's the thing, like seventy countries or whatever. I responded, they're going to need a bunch of you guys to do negotiations and they're not going to hand everything off to the Treasury secretary or staff. So what is your role in that?
Speaker 5: Well, if Japan and their countries are the companies.
Speaker 3: Want to come to the table, we want.
Speaker 10: To show North Carolina as available, welcoming. And then from a federal perspective, now, remember the governor's office, the state Senate, the state House.
Speaker 3: They need to be open and welcoming.
Speaker 10: But they also want to know that the federal legislators are supportive.
Speaker 3: And that's what we're doing.
Speaker 5: We say, look, we want your businesses here.
Speaker 10: You've got great values, you're good for American workers, you invest in them, you give them great healthcare, great training, great education. And so that's the things we say. We welcome you, thank you, and we also want to say thank you. They've already invested with the Toyota hybrid battery plan. Yeah, we're saying thank you. So those are the things that are going on. We also talk about give them an idea of tax policy from a federal perspective going forward. But this is all about making North Carolina look great.
Speaker 5: And I think it's one of the best places in the country. It's already been rated a couple of.
Speaker 10: Times by CNBC is the number one place in the country to do business. And we want to just make sure we keep up that momentum.
Speaker 1: Okay, and that's what I'm trying to call this. So you're pimp in the state. This is not the national level tariff negotiations.
Speaker 11: I just want to know I'm sure that will come up in discussion.
Speaker 3: That's going to come up in discussion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, man. So when when when you are are sitting here and you're trying to sell the state of North Carolina, whether it's to outside investment from Japan or whoever it may be, or it's part of something you guys are putting together up in up in Washington, what is the lead point? Right who? What are you showing off first? You know, you talk about it's a great place to do business. You're correct, it's it's been rated the best place or the second best place for like think like ten years. It's a pretty crazy number. What is it that draws people and is the closer when you're talking to a delegation from Japan? What is it? What do you offer that the other states don't?
Speaker 10: If I had to pick one thing, Casey, I would say, it's our people and.
Speaker 5: That's I mean, that's not just a platitude. I also say that that comes.
Speaker 10: Out through our community college system and the training. There's a lot of people that figured out that hey, a four year degree is great for some, but it's also not necessary for all. And the practical training in the stackale training that you get from a community college, I think is unmatched by our system. So I always say when the community.
Speaker 5: College is coming into my office, I say, you are one.
Speaker 10: Of the shining stars of North Carolina because you might have a large manufacturer that comes in and said, look, this is the mechatronics. We need people that can work with their hands, but they can also work with robotics.
Speaker 5: And our community colleges.
Speaker 10: Are doing a phenomenal job at that, whether it's training healthcare workers, training mechatronics, people that can fix the robots that are doing other construction. I think it's unmatched in our country.
Speaker 5: So that it comes down to our people and some of the.
Speaker 10: Practical training that our community colleges can give them.
Speaker 1: All right, minute now, half you guys are actually you guys are trying to pull a budget through. What are you guys up to in the Senate this week? Minute?
Speaker 5: Yes, the all night budget resolution. You hear this term vodrama.
Speaker 10: Basically, when we shove this thing through, the reconciliation.
Speaker 3: Is going to be on fifty one.
Speaker 5: Votes, not sixty. And I look at it.
Speaker 10: As like we're all in the starting blox. The House needs instruction, The Senate needs instruction. The Budget Resolution that we did last week is the starting gun of the sprint, and now.
Speaker 5: That we have passed it in the Senate last week, the.
Speaker 10: House needs to adopt those same instructions.
Speaker 5: It's not policy, but we're all trying.
Speaker 10: To get down closer and closer away from COVID level spending.
Speaker 5: The numbers are like seven point two.
Speaker 10: Trillion dollars that we're spending every year. The problem is we only have a country take in about five and a half trillion dollars of revenue. So we got to get after cutting spending because that's what's starting to get in the way. I mean, tariffs, other countries not treating us fairly. But when you look in the mirror, this country has spent way too much and we got to get after reducing that spending. People talk about reducing deficit. I'm like, you need to eliminate the deficit. Then you got to start.
Speaker 3: Working on the debt.
Speaker 5: So I think this will reduce the deficit.
Speaker 10: Not completely eliminate it, and get it.
Speaker 5: Closer to like a six or six point five.
Speaker 10: Trillion, and then you got to start working it down from there. Then you get good policies in like making Trump's tax cuts permanent. That injects some certainty and then we can start growing our revenue by growing an economy.
Speaker 1: Senator, I appreciate it. We got to go to a break, but we'll talk soon. We'll be back. So you're telling me you and the wife and the kid drove all the way to the movie theater. I don't know which one you go to, and instead of going to Disney snow White, you went to the Minecraft movie.
Speaker 4: Dude, we had planned goingto Minecraft movie. This has been on the countlar for like over a month.
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, what a week. Lincoln's happened, by the way, getting a fantastic in the movie. Yeah, you're living the dream birthday week. All right. So I'm just tell you what my understanding is from what I've read. The understanding is, obviously it made a crap ton more money in snow White. But it's it's not like it's a good you know, it's not an Oscar movie. It's a kids movie. It doesn't have the politics in it. It's going to be it's going to speak to a generation that grew up on Minecraft. But don't expect a fine art. Explain it to me from.
Speaker 4: A I will tell you this old stand. I will tell you this. Typically when we bring Lincoln to the movies, he understands that we're paying out our butt for these tickets and he's supposed to sit there and watch the whole thing. And typically through these movies, even if he likes it, like the Super Mario Brothers movie that recently came out, he will lean towards either Marky or I at some point and say how much longer is in the movie because he knows he has to sit through the whole thing. He didn't do that once he watched the entire thing. At the end of it, the credits rolled and he goes, that was a good movie. I watched the whole thing, and he was talking about it on the way home. When he came home, he played Minecraft. He tried to play the game in Minecraft. And they're being super smart when it comes to the marketing, believe it or not. Now, when you load up Minecraft, when you get to the first menu screens, they have a special movie event, So now you can play the game in the game that was about a game. Right, that's super smart marketing, because that's something you would assume they would do that you could go into the game and see the movie in the game, which you can do now, so you can play through the movie in the game. So he did that. There was a special online event. I will tell you this. It is what it is, but for what it is, it's fantastic. And I laughed hard about three times. Okay, specifically my thing.
Speaker 1: I understand that parents are going to take their kids these things and sometimes you just got to sit there and suck it up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it wasn't toure. No, it was not torturous. It was it was enjoyable for what it was. It is a kid's movie. It is not The Godfather, so you're not going to get that. The kids in the movie watching the movie were super excited, cheering, talking. It was more of like an event than just going to see a movie, right.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: When we go to a lot of movies, sometimes we're afraid that people are going to be freaked out or you know, with Lincoln's like stimming or talking or some noises that he's gonna make because of his autism, because they might be ignorant or a way for them.
Speaker 1: The movies that were specifically four Kids.
Speaker 4: With uh No, we rented out at theater once. Okay, all right for his birthday during COVID when they were doing that gotcha. This was great because the kids were like loud through the whole thing. And believe it, Lincoln was like an angel. He was like, I'm in a movie. I'm supposed to whisper.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 4: It was a great and he's like looking at the other kids, like, why are you making a listen noise?
Speaker 3: In all Way.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he's like, watch the whole thing. You can tell the kids absolutely loved it. Jason Momoa plays like a Billy Mitchell type character. Billy Mitchell is an actual video game champion from the eighties. He was in this documentary called King of Kong, which is popular about the decade or so ago. There's some questions, yeah, but he plays like that, sort of like burnt out, still living in his glory days of the eighties video game character. I thought he was hilarious. I guess he's like an executive producer. But there's one specific scene at the end where Jack Black, who, by the way, is perfect for this movie because he sings. He's your typical Jack Black. He's over the top, he's got his mannerisms, but it's perfect for what the movie is the perfect casting because when I first thought him, like, that doesn't look like Steve. He does an amazing job. He's great at it. But there's a scene with him at the end with the villain that and I'm not going to spoil anything, but it had me laughing tears. It was so funny, and I looked over at Marky and Markey was laughing tears too. So if you're like an adult and you're like, oh, I have to slog through this thing with my kid, I'm just gonna take him because I'm a good parent, there are going to be scenes that you're going to think are good and you will be entertained.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well, I mean that's I'm assuming that's all you can ask for from.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I said, it is what it is, but what it does is fantastic. So it's a good movie, all right. You can see why it's making so much hair.
Speaker 1: So if you're between that and snow White, yeah, look at joke. I go with the other one. Go with the Minecraft movie. Now do you think that it's They thought they were gonna make a hundred million, and they made three hundred million in the opening weekend worldwide. They're gonna have. They're probably already ready to do another.
Speaker 4: I have a feeling there's gonna be a sequel.
Speaker 1: Yes. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Even the woman that played the woman's in that plays as Stiffler's mom, I can never remember her name. Oh yeah, she's in the movie. And even she's funny.
Speaker 1: I mean, I actually saw a piece of an interview she did where she was talking about she's like, she goes, the number of perverted sex scenes are not sex She didn't mean sex scenes. I can't remember how she worded it, but basically, where it's a sexual there's a sexual nature, right, Okay, so so, and she's just like, I'm just so happy I don't have to do that this right right.
Speaker 4: There's a funny scene where, h so, in the game, there's these villagers, and villagers make these sounds and like, hmmm, they don't even speak English, that's what they sound like in the game. They just walk around in the villages and they auto load and hmmm. One of them gets out of the portal. She hits them with a car, and she goes on a date with him, and it's really funny. It's funny because she's sitting there and from this guy, you know, talking about her recent divorce and everything she's gone through and she's looking for a man. And then they pan over and it's just this minecraft villager guy.
Speaker 11: Going, m.
Speaker 1: What a career by the way, she's had. Yeah, she just had to be a milf. That's it. That's she's the original. You American Pie made you and that's just been your thing since now. And and like she shows up a couple movies a year, just has to kind of be that.
Speaker 4: He just talks in that breathy voice and just you know, makes you know, like sexual innuendo. But you know it's not it'll go over the children's head. It's nothing like super dirty.
Speaker 1: It's usually comedic by the way. Yeah, yeah, no, that's a that's a good gig if you can get it. Probably all right. I got to fit this in just because I promised this. This my this is my current leader for most misleading headline. I'm sure it'll be absolutely destroyed at some point, but this Normally I just I look at the stuff and I sigh and then I just move on. But this is so bad. So from the Hill. President Trump planning military parade through DC for his seventy ninth birthday. All right, that's and you know that obviously drew some people in now Ross if you ever did seize control, you're doing missile parades right.
Speaker 4: Oh too, like every day every other day.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That being said in Realville, that's you know, people are like, well, that's weird, why are you doing that? So here's why that headline is one thousand percent garbage. So Trump's birthday happens to coincide with an event that has been in the works prior to Trump getting re elected. That would be June fourteenth, marking the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the Army. So the military parade that they're claiming Trump is organizing to celebrate his birthday is something that was already going to happen and has been in planning for over a year. So under the Biden administration to commemorate the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the army, Trump did tweak it. I think he made it a little bit larger. But like that headline right there, like He's doing a whole military parade just for himself is so incredibly disingenuous and just and then literally ignoring until hold on one, two, three, four, five, six. I'm counting the number of paragraphs, so I have to get through seven. I've to get to seven paragraphs for them to point out that it happens to already be the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the army. That's it. It has nothing to do with it, nothing to do A senior administration official confirmed the plans. Washington City Paper first reported on the parade, noting it will stretch almost four miles. This is not a new thing. He just they've just figured out the logistics of it, right, because the planning started under Biden saying, hey, we got to do something two hundred and fiftieth anniversary, and the Trump administration literally carried through the planning. And it just happens to be the same date that was previously the date, which happens to be Trump's birthday. And the Hill wants to make it sound like he's having a missile parade, which, by the way, I'll be okay with like, and what's funny too, is I saw a bunch of leftists, like, all right, we got to flood the parade route and shout him down. Good luck. You think you think a bunch of army dudes walking them for me? Do you think they give a crap that a bunch of moon bats so abounch one hundred pound moonbats are screaming at him. I suspect they don't. And also later after it, when they get to, you know, tie a few on. It's probably not going to go well for you if you start getting a bunch of military dude's faces. But whatever, So when you see that headline and you see this narrative, you just understand that he didn't just come up with a military parade idea yesterday. It was inherited and the date was the same, and they literally are just they just plan the logistics of the parade itself. You know it's going to go I think four was it four miles something like that. I whatever, But yeah, I saw that headline yesterday and I'm like, that's crazy. Really is he just he just announced he's going to do a military parade for himself. And then I read it and I'm like, God, you guys are just scum of the earth, man, scum of the earth. Now, you remember he wanted to do He did want to do one during his first thing. It didn't have anything to do with his birthday. He wanted to do a military parade, and it turned into some like mini scandal and they didn't do it. I think the city of DC told him to pound sand although this year I don't know they get away with it. It's because this thing is actually the Army's birthday celebration. Then it will likely go forward. All right, let's get raced agent from the weather channel. Batt'll be in June's certain time. Yeah, we get to that, but for now, we are counting down to some really nice stuff. So let's just get to what's going to be this weekend. And if you want to keep that throughout the summer, low humidity, comfortable town, I'd be okay with that.
Speaker 6: So yeah, and I mean we're starting to see that what it'll look like this weekend.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: Got a few clouds trying to sneak in near the Triad, but most of the clouds that are pushing east of Greenville and Wallace and Jacksonville eastern parts of the state. So ro start looked real nice today. Most of us in the mid upper forties to near fifty the coldest. As you go west. There's even thirties around the mountains. But gonna look good today too, So really today tomorrow to good looking days mid upper fifties, maybe sixty by tomorrow, then some showers probably later Thursday, but better chance at night and into Friday. So late Thursday, Thursday night, and Friday do not look great. But seventy five percent of Thursday's probably dry, mid upper sixties to near seventy and then with the showers are in the sixties Friday. If the weekend right now looks partly to mostly sunny, lot to mid sixties during the day with forties at night, So gonna look like it looks today. We'll have a lot of sunshine, that nice deep blue sky we like to see, and maybe a few clouds around. The rain later in the week doesn't look like it's gonna be a bunch some of the totals coming in some of the guide and suggesting that maybe we get maybe a quarter of an inch, possibly a little bit more in some spots as compared to one to three inches across the region.
Speaker 1: What's that Because there's some spots that could use it in the state, Like, yeah, there still are are that'd be great. So yeah, well, we had a couple of inches rainow even three four inches of rain in some of those areas yesterday, so we did get some helpful rainfow I think most of that's probably under could I don't even know if it's could have put it completely out, but it certainly helped. It will even be done with. I think they're all yeah too, So yeah, all right, so yeah, appreciate it, have it go. We'll talk tomorrow. SIRT sounds good. We'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next. Hang on. Inter day trading was insane, but the end of the day, you know, and Jeff Bellinger's here to tell you all about it. All right, Jeff, what's going on?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it looked like just a normal mixed clothes yesterday at case and stock market futures look very good this morning. The now futures are up one thousand and forty eight points. The White House is starting to hear from the nation's trading partners that want to negotiate over tariffs. Treasury Secretary Scott Bessen says about seventy countries have called so far. We have shares of Levi Strauss rallying and pre market trading. The Denham Clothing Giant reported stronger than expected first quarter results and maintained its outlook for the full year. Was not just car buyers who rushed to make deals before President Trump's new terror took effect. A lot of Apple stores across the country were crowded over the weekend. There was a surge in iPhone sales to consumers who wanted to upgrade before possible price increases. Some Apple employees compared the crowds to those typically seen during the holidays. A lot of people are making hardship withdrawals from retirement accounts to cover emergency expenses, The chief executive of the retirement plan provider m Power told Bloomberg TV. Withdrawals from four oh one k's are running as much as twenty percent above the historical norm. Redfin says a fifth of all prospective home buyers expect to sell some stocks to help them raise the down payment, and one in ten homeowners have sold stocks to help them meet their mortgage payments. Women are helping to reshape the sports nutrition business, and they're becoming an increasingly important customer segment. Their strong demand for protein shakes from women who use weight loss drugs and more recently, some who care more about strength and well being than just thinness and Casey. If Thinness is not on your mind, we pass along news you can use. Today is free cone day at Ben and Jerry's.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I don't like the way you worded that. What are you implying, Jeff? But I don't.
Speaker 12: Well, no, just if if you're if you're on a diet, you may avoid an ice cream cone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clearly that's not me. So we're good. All right, So Ben and Jerry's free ice cream. All right, Well that's Worth Hills might be the spot, So thank you sir, do appreciate it. Okay, you have a good day. Yeah, Ross, We actually have a problem. We have a problem coming up. I think I mentioned this but not on the air, because I get my little email every morning which has like this day in history and then what is today? You know some of the like you know it's National Popcorn Day, that kind of stuff. So did you know? And this will definitely involve you that there. So last week was National pe Cobbler Day and next week is International Peach Cobbler Day.
Speaker 4: Now are we talking just the peach cobbler or the milkshake?
Speaker 1: It just says peach cobbler. I don't I don't know.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 4: So you're saying, there's two days. On the other two days that I should have a peach cobbler milkshake.
Speaker 1: No, I think you got to pick one. Do you want to do the American version? Do you want to you want to do the globalist version.
Speaker 4: I'll do the American version for for me, and then I will do the International day or whatever it is for my ancestors. I'll honor them in that way. You just when they were, yeah, when they were you know, toilet and having a rough time of it in Eastern Europe right there near Russia, or when they're in Germany or in Ireland or you know, one thing they loved was the peach cobbler.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, the Atlantic.
Speaker 4: So it's not for me. It's not for me, it's for them.
Speaker 1: That's on Sunday, by the way, I was just looking at the thirteenth, So Sunday is International Peach Cobbler Day. So you're gonna have to head to the the old cook out there and hook yourself up