Speaker 1: It's time for Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, no final, our final hour. You would think i'd i'd be fresh and not have to, you know, learn how to speak. As I was cutting commercials there during the break like I was ripping. I was reading and ripping, as they say, reading copy ripping liners, and somehow I was unable to smoothly get this hour started. Let me apologize first and foremost, and let you know that it is the five o'clock hour here on Coffee and Company. We are fueled about Thornton's and this is Sports Talk seven ninety. Make sure you sign up to sign up to become a member of the Refreshing Awards program. If you haven't already, you should have. I mean i'd imagine you have. But if there's some scenario in a wild world where you haven't, I can't really see how that's possible. But if so, you can still do it. It's easy. Go to Refreshing Awards dot com or download the app, and when you sign up you're gonna get twenty five cents off on your first fill up. You're also gonna get a free red bull, so take advantage of that.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: It's refreshing awards program at Thornton's and we are proudly fueled by Thornton's. All right, so the Friday vibes are heavy even though it's not Friday, it's Thursday. I am choosing to embrace Thursday as the new Friday during football season because we really only have two days where there's no football on. If you think about it, it's pretty great. That's why it's the best time of the year because you get a good matchup on Monday night football, then you have Tuesday Wednesday to kind of, you know, lick your wounds if you lose bets or maybe you know, if you win, you can start putting your parlays, putting your picks together.
Speaker 3: For the upcoming week.
Speaker 2: I mean, when I talk football, I know I do talk a lot about the wagering aspect of it, and I need to remind myself there are people that don't wager and don't bet, and that's fine. Like I'm not judging you at all. If you're still enjoying it in a major way and you don't need to bet, then you know, do you? But it tied like I don't know, I can't be the only one that in recent years. And it's not because i'm and I mean this in all sincerity. I'm not like a degenerate gambler who has to gamble on everything. In fact, I've probably bet less bets this year than I have in previous years when it comes to the first few weeks of college football, but I've still enjoyed it, and in fact, betting less and focusing more so on specific games rather than trying to bet on everything has so far been a better strategy for me. But I think you're that way too, John, Like I could be wrong here, You tell me if I'm wrong. You've always kept up with college sports, you know enough, and you clearly have a rooting interest for the Indiana Hoosiers. But I feel like you being a better now and a successful one up to this point has helped you kind of stay up today with what's going on in sport.
Speaker 3: Definitely find myself a lot more invested in games that I would otherwise not care nearly as much about, and I think that's added not even just a level of stake, but like it adds more fun to it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all entertainment, man, And I guess and if you're still entertained that you don't need a bet, then then you know that's great. Like trust me, I'm not passing any judgment by those who aren't into the sports gambling side of it. But again, take away the investment just because you know, I mean, there is an investment, which is why you're trying to get information and figure out what you think is going to happen. But wagering aside doing that part of the process keeps like I feel like I now am more knowledgeable of, you know, the landscape of college football specifically because I wager on it. So it's a win win and you know, last year I did not have a good year when it comes to college football. This year so far, so good, like for example, And I don't mind telling bite. I don't mind at all telling anybody this because I again, I put in fifty bucks because here's what I do, and I'm just be transparent with you when it comes to sports wagering. I bet on really two sports three college basketball, college football in the NFL. When college basketball season comes to when the college basketball season comes to an end, I will empty out my account of all money other than maybe like ten to fifteen bucks in case I want to bet on the NBA or something like that, or bet on something else. And you know, it's never a huge chunk of money, but more often than not, like I end up taking out more money than I put in initially. But like right now, the when Week zero started and you had those handful of games, I put in fifty bucks and I haven't had to put any more money in And right now I'm at like one twenty seven. So it's not like I'm I'm I'm cleaning up, but you know, I feel pretty good about where I'm at, and I'll probably bet this even if that number grows double in the next two weeks. I'm still going to make the same type of wagers because again, it's not if I can put any money away, that's just an added bonus to me. It's all from an entertainment standpoint. And you know, if you haven't tried it, then clearly you haven't had that. You know you don't need to. I mean, I would encourage that you give it a shot. See if you like it, but like enjoy it however you want to enjoy it. But I long story short, what I'm getting at is I do need to remind myself that when it comes to talking college football, like we don't always have to make it about wagering, but when it's not about teams that I really care about, that's all I really focused on, to be honest with you. Now, there's other games, like, for example, you know the Georgia Tech Syracuse game this past weekend. I didn't bet on that, but that was something I monitored and wanted to kind of see the outcome because obviously Syracuse beating Georgia Tech took a little bit of the value potential value away from Louisville beating Georgia Tech. There's nothing you can do about that, and who knows, maybe they don't beat Georgia Tech next week. But anyways, Tuesday and Wednesday are days where there's no football, but you get Thursday night both NFL and College Friday. I don't know what the schedule looks like for Friday night games like the rest of the year, but we had some good Friday night games last weekend that I enjoyed. And then tomorrow, I mean tomorrow night, you've got I don't think there's any big time games, but usually you're gonna get a power conference team playing on a Friday.
Speaker 3: You got two, actually, you are two games that involve power conversation.
Speaker 2: Ranked teams playing. That's right, Arizona and Kansas State. Thank you for reminding me of that, John, and then Kansas and UNLV that would have had a little more lester at Kansas not law to Illinois, by the way, real quick, nobody cares about this, but I got to ask you, this is John, because you're a big ten guy. Illinois rushed the field after beating Kansas. Is that a bigger sign that, like Illinois is a joke of a frame of a football school, or is that a bigger sign that like Lance Leepold in Kansas that's his name, right, Yeah, Like they were ranked and like beating them was a pretty big win for Illinois.
Speaker 3: Like I think it's more of where Illinois has been the last several years. Again, it's pretty irrelevant because when you are storming on Kansas, even though they are a lot better than they used to be, it's still Kansas football. I'm sure Kansas felt honored, honestly to have their field stormed off.
Speaker 2: Of course, Yeah, I mean I thoct like you could lose that and feel disappointed as a Kansas football fan, although like what a weird world that would be a Kansas football fan, Like you were quite literally the worst. I mean, there was not even a close second as far as the worst team in college football at the power level for.
Speaker 3: A long long time.
Speaker 2: And you know, they went to a bowl game last year, they've been they were ranked, So you know, if you're Kansas, I'm sure there's really no silver lining and a loss this early, especially when you do have expectations like they had. But like somebody's a big ten team storm in the field and really feeling like they did something special by beating you. I mean I kind of feel like, I don't know, I kind of feel like that that's a good look on Kansas in a way.
Speaker 3: And I hate to say it, but Indiana would have done the exact same thing if they were in that position.
Speaker 2: Hey, at least you're honest, right, at least you know, I mean, Indiana beating a ranked team. When's the last time that happened outside the COVID year it.
Speaker 3: Was Michigan State. I don't remember what year was exactly, but they hit a game winning field goal from Griffin Oaks, and they twined, they tore the goal post down. I love that.
Speaker 2: So I love fan bases who don't take themselves too seriously and can make fun of themselves. And I don't know if I would say that like any of the local fan bases, Like I don't think Louisville or Kentucky fans are good at that. And honestly, that's because we do take this very seriously. For the most part, We've we've been accustomed to success throughout a good chunk of our time as fans. Although Kentucky Football, to be honest with you, it's changed now with Stoops. But they were pretty good at making fun of themselves during the you know, the down eras and now they you know, they they they've got their chest out a little bit more because obviously they've had some some legitimate, you know, accomplishments for their standard during the during the Stoops era. But yeah, like I I love it, like the Browns used to be that way, Like I could. I used to listen to a lot of Cleveland sports radio because one of my buddies, I call him a buddy. I don't know if he called me the same, but somebody that I when I wanted to do radio. I really loved his show and I reached out to him before I was able to do this full time and was like, hey, man, I'm a big fan, I'm a listener. I'm working part time at a at a at a station in in in a smaller market here in the Kentucky area. Would love to learn from me. And he was really receptive, and I've kept up with him here and there, and you know, whenever I ended up getting an opportunity to do this full time, I remember he reached out to me and was like, man, that's awesome. I never I get a lot of emails from people that you know, want to do this and pursue it, and here you are. So anyways, he was so funny at making fun of the Cleveland Browns, but he's a Browns fan, and the Browns fans loved it like it was it was. It was really sad, but like wholesome thing, if that makes sense, right, Like what else can we do? Just laugh at ourselves because we're gonna always love our team, but man, we suck. Bengals fans were like that too. That's why I always bring up Joe Burrow. Joe Burrow Gabe Cincinnati some swagger that I'm not sure they ever knew that they could ever have. I mean maybe way back in the day, back you know, long before I was watching Bengles football. But like the Bengals used to just be at the Bungles that they would the would they would always find a way to screw something up and that or they were never good and Joe Burrow gave him some confidence to them to a Super Bowl. Have you seen the Burrough controversy?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 3: What is the controversy?
Speaker 2: So he's dealing with a wrist injury and that is, you know, something he's been recovering from. But he's you know, he's been healthy, he's been cleared to play in preseason camp and whatnot. And he didn't play in the preseason games much because, as we discussed yesterday when we had Ken Spencer on, like, they do enough in practice, especially when they practice with other teams, to where if you've got a guy who is your franchise, you invested so much money and he does have an injury history, I wouldn't play him in the preseason.
Speaker 3: I mean, what would you.
Speaker 2: Get out of playing a guy who you lose for the whole mean, you can never operate as if at any moment you're gonna you know, get hit by a bus and die or get injured and never play again. But like when you know that this game has no value, I'm not playing my starters much at all, to be honest with you, if that was me, I think there's a way to get them repetition to where you're not putting him out there in a meaningless game where they are playing real football and you could get hurt. But anyways, Burrow has an injury to his wrist that he's you know, supposed to be fully recovered from. He claims everything's okay, but there's a video that has gone viral. I'm looking at two different clips here on Twitter of him picking up First of all, there it shows him on the sideline or him in the huddle kind of moving his wrist around a little bit like it's bothering him, and he's also kind of looking as if he's doing it discreetly. And then he try to pick up a gatorade bottle and it looks as if he couldn't do it, like his wrist was like hurting him that bad. He didn't give any kind of like a visual grimace. That that makes sense. But like his his his wrist didn't look like it it was able to do what.
Speaker 3: He was trying to do. But here's what he had to say about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm doing that all the time.
Speaker 3: When you come back from injury, you're always trying to keep the joint loose. That's part of ligament injuries. If you don't move it, you're gonna lose it. So I'm always moving around.
Speaker 2: Keeping keeping it loose, keeping my mobility the way that it's supposed to be.
Speaker 3: So you know it's gonna continue to happen. I do it at home, I do it here. That makes sense.
Speaker 2: I mean, he didn't play well, but I'm not sure it was the wrist that was the issue. He just didn't play well. Already been you bched him.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 2: That explains why he looks so sad in this press conference. He knows, he knows she put his ass on the bench.
Speaker 3: Who'd you start, Jared Goff?
Speaker 2: Okay, I like it just because you know he'll throw it across the yard. You will, do you have any other lions on your team?
Speaker 3: I don't think. I'm just thinking like the if you had Saint Is it Saint Brown? Yes?
Speaker 2: I mean, like if you that'd be a good duo I would have in Fantasy'd be tough to get those two, but that's like.
Speaker 3: You know, I Burrow and Chase. But like now I Buster are playing the Chiefs this week, so I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, yeah, I don't actually, you know, I don't know much about your fantasy squad, but like.
Speaker 3: I want to know though, my very first fantasy league ever, I'm want to know hopefully can continue for me.
Speaker 2: Did we talk about this on the show or was it just you and I talking it was off the air because John for the first time is in a fantasy football league, and I feel like that's a rare thing for somebody to be joining fantasy football after they've already been in the sports gambling space. Yeah, are you into it?
Speaker 3: I'm enjoying it so far, man, for you what the like the addictive side of it is like just kind of managing your team and just seeing where everybody's at and how they're doing. It's kind of fun. I'm enjoying it so far.
Speaker 2: I don't think that my league's woldever kick me out. Especially, I would hope that my league I mean, if anything, I've been consistently bad at like at times forgetting to set a lineup or setting a lineup and then not realizing the morning of that somebody got hurt, like I'm that guy, and they've just kind of think accepted it. But I at least as and it's easy to say this when it's September the twelfth, but I have tried my best, uh so far, and I'm gonna try to maintain this throughout the entire year to not be that guy, because it really is a it's a jerk move to be in a league and you just not take it serious, not set your lineup. And again, I know a lot of people are thinking this right now, Coffee. If you did this in my league, your ass would be out because he's seriously, people, you know, if you're gonna compete, you're gonna compete. If I'm out there and not taking it serious, that could give somebody an undeserving win just because I didn't set my roster and it could shake up some things. So you know, they haven't given me a talking to, But I feel like this year at the draft, I could kind of sense they want me to be on They want me to take a little more serious. No, I mean they it was more of like they were making.
Speaker 3: I thought of it.
Speaker 2: They were making fun of me, and it felt like, man, they've been holding it in, if that makes sense. Like they were you know, I think they loved me. Were These are people that I've known for no exaggeration, twenty five plus years and are one, you know, one of the many we all still communicate. But the one thing that keeps us all in a group chat together, the one aim annual day every year we get together and all enjoy each other's company, reminisce and you know, do the fantasy football draft. You know, that's that's what the that's what this league is. So you know, I don't think they'd ever kicked me out, but I felt like I'd let my squad down a little bit by being the guy that like doesn't keep up with it as much.
Speaker 3: And you know, but I'd never like, I'd never leave the league.
Speaker 2: And if anybody ever does talk about like getting rid of the league, I fight for the league, but idd to it because it just gives me, you know, it's it's my connection to my boys, to my guys that you know, I hope to be friends like I wouldn't be shocked, and I'm not even exaggerating, I wouldn't be shocked if this is a league that lasts for forty years. I mean, God willing that we're all still around. I mean, forty years from now is a long way away. But we've already been in this league for no joke, thirteen years, fourteen years maybe, So yeah, now you've got that off.
Speaker 3: It stuck in my head because I could just picture them saying, coffee, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: And that's what immediately thought of. The guy just calling you coffee. You know now that you say that, I U, I don't know. I don't I got he's not in the league.
Speaker 2: I can think of one friend of mine, who I consider a really good buddy, really good friend that I've known a long time, that calls me coffee. Nobody else calls me that. Do you call any of your boys by their last name?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. Maybe in high school I used to, but I don't think I do anymore.
Speaker 2: Like I've heard them refer to me as coffee, but like when they're talking to me, they don't. They don't say this.
Speaker 1: Coffee, coffee, Where are you cough off me.
Speaker 2: We should have We should have kept that number that called in one time and left that message on the text line. Yeah, somehow we should have kept the number. Because again, I'm telling you, if something ever happens to me, that's the person you need to find and talk to them because that that I mean, is that not one of the creepiest things you've ever heard.
Speaker 3: It's definitely something. It's creepy coffee.
Speaker 1: Coffee, Where are you? Cop off me?
Speaker 2: You have trouble getting on the air one day back in twenty seventeen, and next thing you know, you got people creeping you out like that. But hey, whoever that was, I appreciate you missing us and our tardiness, you know, impacting you to where you felt like you needed to do that kind of since chills up my spine now that I'll think about it. But anyways, Uh, Brooks and Dunn tickets. As I said earlier, if you want a bootscoot and boogie your way down to the KFCM Center in April to see the Neon Moon tour at the KFCM Center, Here's what you need to do. Download the Underdog Fantasy app Underdog Fantasy. It's easy to find on the Google Play Store the Apple App Store. And if you sign up, and by the way, you have to sign up as a new member. I should have mentioned that earlier. But if you are if you already signed up, then you can't sign up. You can only sign in. So Underdog Fantasy, use the code when you sign up Nick seven ninety and Ick seven nine zero. And if you do that, and you send me a screenshot to the text line five oo two six five three zero seven again five O two six five three zero seven niney we bought. Have got a lot of people who have done this and that are entered. But when we come back from break, I will tell you who the winner was for today's giveaway, and we'll do another giveaway tomorrow too, And who knows, I wouldn't be shocked. We got a long way to go until we get to April. And I did talk to our promotions team earlier today. Shout out to Morgan who now she's always done her best, but now let her know. Hey keep hooking us up with tickets to give away. People love free stuff. We love to make it part of the show. It's always a lot of fun, even though sometimes the trivia contest can get wild, but again, you've got until the net. You've got the next ten minutes to sign up. Use promo code seven ninety. I'm sorry, use promo code Nick seven ninety Underdog Fantasy. Take a screenshot on your phone if you signing up, and then send that in. And then just because I have your number and you've shown me that you've signed up your in or to win, So there you go. That's that's how you're going to be able to do it all right, before we get to our next break, real quick though on promo codes and whatnot sign up codes. I want to get your thoughts. I think we've talked about this before. Maybe maybe we haven't. John a lot of times when you do codes for for like what we like, if we were going to give a promo code, it would be the name of the show. But there's not really a way to do that. You know, I could just make it like cee ce seven ninety.
Speaker 3: It's tough because people can misspell your name a lot. Yes, so the referred.
Speaker 2: The referred promo code. I almost slipped up. I don't want to mention anybody who's not giving me money to promote their business anymore. But previously, in a different world, the recommended code was my last name, and I think even if I said promo code coffee ey, there's there'd be a lot of people that would try to do it, and they would just instinctively like they don't you don't see my name, you don't know how to spell it, right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And even if I say it like the disclaimer, you know, when you do it, you could probably slip up or maybe you tell yourself, oh, that's easy to remember. It's coffee, it's the drink. So do you think that's a smart move not to use my name because of that?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? And you are in the new one. You've got Nick se ninety and that's easy, right, yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I get a little worried sometimes that, like people are trying to sign up and they're not able to figure it out. But I think because they asked me Underdog Fantasy was like, hey, what what code should you use? And it's not a neat it's not a hard thing to think of. But I thought, Okay, I don't want to just do I want to do something that's specific to me. And then you know, Nick seven ninety I think is going to be the default promo code if they allow it. When we do, you know, we do endorsements and partnerships with people that you know, they want to see what kind of reach they're getting with us. And I think Nick seven ninety is the way too, uh is the way to do that. All right, we did any get let's just do Let's gohea and get you a break. We'll come back on the other side. I do want to talk about some of the other games this weekend that I'm that I'm pretty hot on as far as wagering. Also, should we let people here not Shannon Sharp having sex because that that's I couldn't do that.
Speaker 3: But he did it.
Speaker 2: He did own up to it like he acknowledged it. And I think Shannon Sharp is hilarious. I think he's one of the funniest and most entertaining people in sports media. So maybe we get to that. Also, can we talk about Colorado again? They're losing to Colorado State? John, have you heard the Colorado State players?
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, they smell blood in the water. Man, it is and I don't like. I don't feel bad about it, but man, I've never felt more like a hater. There's nothing that's gonna make me happier in college football this year, other than Louisville making their way to the playoffs somehow, than Colorado continuing to be the embarrassment, the joke of the sport.
Speaker 3: And that's a mean thing.
Speaker 2: They haven't done anything to me, but you know, everybody needs a villain in sports, and Deon Sanders and his knucklehead kids and his lousy ass team and all their non legitimate arrogance has just made I'm waking up on Saturday on edge to see Colorado State bend them over. Don't go anywhere. It's Cofee and Company. Feel about Thorton's right here on SportsTalk seven ninety. I keep playing that it's eventually just going to become the new the new Liner. Yeah, the new Liner. It is Coffee and Company. Feel about Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Appreciate you guys hanging out with us, and appreciate everybody who did, in fact participate in today's giveaway. You just got if you just got a text from me. And by the way, they have confirmed that they know they won, so one pair of tickets has been given away.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: Everybody who's been involved in wanting to win, but has not yet. You still have a chance tomorrow, and I'm trying to think of a way to give away these tickets that we've never done before. Trivia is always fun and it's good for content, I think, just because even if you're not interested in winning the tickets, like trivia is just a pretty topical and interesting thing for people, at least it can be.
Speaker 3: But I want to do something. I don't know what we do. We talked about that Rember, the phone booth thing you did last year. That was interesting, Yeah, and we had done that.
Speaker 2: We had done that before as well, and it was wild because I think when we did it in like twenty eighteen, I did the same exact thing. Because it all started because I ended up leaving I dropped my daughter.
Speaker 3: This is how young she was. She was a baby baby. I dropped her off at daycare and I.
Speaker 2: Ended up getting like all the way to work, and I realized I didn't have my cell phone, and I thought to myself, like, I'm not going to go back. I guess I'm just gonna be without my phone the rest of the day, which is a weird feeling even you know. It was just if I felt naked, and I thought, like, if something happens and I needed to contact somebody, like what would I do. I'd have to find a payphone. And then it hit me like they're not easy to find. And then sure enough. Since then, that was probably like six seven years ago. Now, I mean we did it last year, and I mean it took a while. People were driving around and like, I mean they were calling John like hey, I'm you know, they were like trying to figure out if we could tell them where one is.
Speaker 3: But we did find one.
Speaker 2: It was somebody who was up in like Borden, Indiana, maybe even where I do believe it was across the river. It was somewhere in rural southern Indiana, and I remember it was I think it was louder than life tickets.
Speaker 3: That we gave away Bourbon and Beyond passages. Okay, got way. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I've let promotions and a lot of promotions team know that anything they have to give away, we'll do it because people love free stuff and it usually gives us a chance to have some fun here on the show. But one more pair of tickets to Brooks and Dune will be up for grabs. Tomorrow, tune in at three o'clock. At that point is when I'll let you know tomorrow how you can how you can win it. All right, So we've not talked about it since the beginning of the show, and I just I don't really care. But it is a big story, and that is the PAC twelve claiming that you know, they still exist, and they don't if they do. If you want to claim they do, you're doing it based off of technicality because all those schools left the PAC twelve. But can the organization that just includes two schools, Oregon State and Washington State, still call themselves a conference that is the PAC twelve Like you're a duo, and unfortunately you're a duo of leftovers that nobody wanted. There's been a lot of musical chairs played throughout the last I don't know, fifteen years or so when it comes to conference rey alignment, and unfortunately for them, there's no way around it. I don't know if re alignment's totally done.
Speaker 3: I doubt it is.
Speaker 2: In fact, it's not because the PAC twelve's claiming they exist and they're expanding. But of all those that were in a power five fifteen years ago, or even you know, ten years ago, five years ago, even the biggest losers of all those schools that used to be within that affiliation, they could claim they're a Power five program. The losers are these two schools, Oregon State and Washington State, and that's unfortunate for them, but it is what it is. Like there are teams that weren't Power five that are now in the Power four group. And like, if I'm an Oregon State fan or a Washington State fan, that sucks. So I'm not knocking them for doing this, but like, you're not good. This is not a like you didn't pull off some unbelievable move to like obtain a spot in the expanded playoff by deciding to take a few Like you are the Mountain West, but you're not even as like you're a smaller Mountain West. You're Mountain West light your diet, Mountain West.
Speaker 3: That's what you are.
Speaker 2: Because you can't just add Fresno State, Colorado State, Boise State, and San Diego State along with Oregon State and Washington State and say no, the PAC twelve's back. We're gonna have to revisit that comp about the twelve team playoff because we need a spot. No, you get in line with the rest of the G five because that's what you are.
Speaker 3: You're G five.
Speaker 2: And you know, it's almost like they tried to pull this stunt like nobody'd notice. Now again, if they're just doing it for financial means, and they know that, if they continued, meaning Oregon State, Washington State, if they continue to pay a bunch of money to the Mountain West in order to be a part of their schedule, then that makes a little more sense. Now you gotta aim, you know, you got like there's no knock in trying to at least act like you belong in the playoff. But let's be real. Those teams I just mentioned Oregon State, Washington State, San Diego State, Fresno State, Colorado State, Boise State, a lot of states there by the way, Boise is not a state. Neither's Presno or San Diego or San Diego.
Speaker 3: Good point.
Speaker 2: Colorado is a state, by the way, And we're going to talk about them in just a second, because I'm all in on Colorado State. If I had RAMS gear, i'd wear it right now. I don't have any Colorado State Rams gear, but if I did, i'd wear it because I'm all in on them. But nonetheless, let's just say they end up getting to ten teams, and the four teams they add to get to ten includes New Mexico, Wyoming, Memphis, and Two Lane. Even at that point, you're still having to really sell yourself, Like it's not a no brainer that you're the best G five league. I think you would be based off of like one school, Boise State, because they have a legitimate brand within college football of being a school that's never been in a big league. But they have made some noise and shaken some things up in the history of college football. I mean not historically, but you know what I mean, in their history of their program. They've had moments where they'll get a chance to play a big team and they'll take them down. So Memphis and Two Lane, I would go to this new league if I was them, because it's better than where they are. But like again, there's still that's a G five league. Anybody telling you anything otherwise is just lying to you. I guess there's no harm in like assembling what you got in, like knocking on the door at the College Football Playoff, you know, meetings that they have every year, like hey, we're here, what do you think can we get a spot?
Speaker 3: Like, no, you can't. You can get in line.
Speaker 2: You are You're gonna be fighting for one of the one of the G five spots along with everybody in the Sun Belt in Conference USA, the MAC that kind of stuff. So anyways, it isn't I mean, it's it's newsworthy. I just I can't quite I can't quite. I can't quite understand why it's you know again, I said this at the beginning of the show. Maybe this is just me being a jerk, but I feel like if there was more relevance, if there was more of a GiB a damn in regards to you know this, Uh, these programs like they'd be made fun of more than anything. However, I think people feel bad for the PAC twelve dying the way it did and those two schools getting left out, that there's a lot of people actually rooting for them.
Speaker 3: I don't know how genuine it is.
Speaker 2: Like if if these two schools just no longer existed tomorrow and didn't have football programs, I'm not sure how many people would lose sleep. But they are again the two biggest losers. I mean, not to be Blunt and Jeff Wall's words. But like you lost, You're a loser. You got left out. That's what happened here with Oregon statey in Washington, Satan. You hate to see it, but you're not a fool of anybody. You're still I mean, if you were worthy of power, for you'd have been invited to one of these other leagues. And the Big twelve didn't see value in the ACC didn't see value either. All right, how about Junior Bridgeman. He joins a long, long, long list of people that are a lot more wealthy than I am. I mean, Junior Bridgeman has been a super successful businessman, hell of an NBA player, hell of a career at louisll He's got his jersey retired with the Bucks, Junior does, but he's made way more money as a businessman than he has in basketball. And they announced today that he is going to buy a ten percent stake in the Milwaukee Bucks franchise. And the value of that franchise with his ten percent steak purchase is four billion dollars. So you're looking at about, I mean, three hundred and forty million dollars roughly, just guessing here, as far as what it would cost Junior Bridgeman to you know, buy in here at a ten percent stake, that's been three hundred and forty million today, got ten percent of of a of a franchise. I mean, that's again, that's that's what they call stupid rich. And you know, it doesn't matter anymore, it's in the past. But like there was a there was a reason whenever Louisville basketball was in a tough spot financially, can he paynes buy out? Like again, I've heard so many different stories about Junior's involvement as far as financially helping out with that process. I think I have a good idea as to what really happened with that, but I don't know it for certain, so I'm not going to speculate. But that's a guy that you like, you know, if he would be gracious and he would be you know, kind, and not to say he has to, he doesn't know us anything, but like, that's a good guy to have as an alum who played for your basketball program. A guy who can just on a on a Thursday, drop three hundred and forty million dollars again, a lot more money than I'll ever know of like if he wanted to take all the money, if he wanted to be completely liquid and wanted to get all of the money in his accounts out, and he wanted to cash in all his assets in cash USD currency. Does that amount of money truly exists? I'm sure it does, But like what would that look like? Would that be enough cash to cover the entire city of Louisville? I mean, I'm I'm exaggerating, but like there's a bury it somewhere.
Speaker 3: If you are.
Speaker 2: Buying steak really at any level, and I mean any level, if you're buying five percent, four percent, three percent of an NBA or an NFL franchise, you're an a tax bracket. That's just like insane. Like you are again, stupid rich. And I can call you stupid rich because you because I'm you know, I'm projecting. I'm jealous that you're rich and I'm not and I never will be. Maybe one day, maybe maybe we hit the lottery.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't play the lottery. My wife does, though.
Speaker 2: All right, so Colorado State, Well let's let's start with Colorado so they get embarrassed by Nebraska. You know, Dion's not a leader, his son, not a leader, throws his offensive line completely under the bus. I mean, they act as if they've accomplished things which they have not. And I said it earlier until somebody can convince me otherwise, it's pretty clear what Deon Sanders is doing. He's a private he's a politician, a hype man, and a private football coach for his two sons in Travis Hunter. He doesn't care about the offensive line. He doesn't want to run the ball. He just thinks that he can throw those talented players, which, by the way, his son's good, but not as good as he thinks.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 2: Talented guy, but I'm not sure he's an enough. I mean, people think he might be a first round pick, which maybe they. I mean, I don't know how you could take this guy to be the face of your franchise and invest a first round pick and a guy who has really you know, again, he's talented, there's no doubt about that. But I mean, I don't want to say character flaws and red flags, but like, let's not act like the position of being a franchise quarterback in the NFL is the same as other positions in the NFL. And he has no accountability, no leadership, and it's been consistent, to be honest with you. But what made it look even worse old takes exposed as they say, Nebraska released their hype video or not the right video, but the recap video. The cinematography, by the way, in high level college sports is insanely awesome right now, like just really great cinematic films. UFL does great job, Kentucky does a great job. I'm sure Indiana does too. Like I love that that's now a thing to where they hire creative minds, creative people within the media world that that put together really good content to just be a be a marketing tool for you. But anyways, the Nebraska video that kind of recaps their big win shows Shiloh Sanders, who has a broken arm now at the coin toss saying, we bouck to row your ass. Boy, you know we about to row you bruh. I'll play it, but I don't even know if you can hear it, and then he just goes on to show them get demolished. But like and again, maybe that's common, but when you act that way, so titled, so arrogant, with nothing to show for it, you don't get the benefit of the doubt of Hey, that's just what they do with the coin toss there. They're talking trash like it's just gonna be used against you to further prove what everybody knows that you're a bunch of front runners that have never actually accomplished anything when it comes to wins and losses, and you carry yourselves as if you're the reigning Super Bowl champions. So Colorado State lost to them last year, and and you said this earlier in the week, John, and I kind of didn't remember it. I didn't doubt you, because I'd never do that. But they did have a close game last year, like so much so that Colorado State still feels as if they should have won. That was a forty three to thirty five victory that went to two overtimes. You were right, you called that. I didn't remember that. I remember them playing, but I don't remember it being a yeah, because that's what happened. That was their third game of the season. I believe maybe it was the fourth game, but they were off to a great That's why I didn't get as much attention because at that point when they won that game, they were still unbeaten. And it looked like, damn, this Colorado State team, they may be they may be something good because they just took Colorado to you know, multiple overtimes. Then you got to see what it really was. And Colorado was not a good team. They won what four games? So you know, Colorado State right now they are a zero to two football team. And I'm pretty or actually I'm sorry, no, that was their schedule from last year. Right now they're one and one. They got hammered by Texas fifty two to nothing, which doesn't look as bad now that we saw what they did to Michigan when they went up there Dan Arbor, but then they beat Northern Colorado thirty eight to seventeen. They're not expected to be good this year, trust me, Colorado State, but they're amp for this game. They know they should have beat them and this probably won't have any impact in the game, but hearing the Colorado State players talk about this, and I actually listened to an interview that Jim Rome did yesterday with with Jane Norbel, the head coach, and I mean probably given Colorado a little too much credit when I say this, but like this is their super Bowl, like they want to embarras because they I didn't realize this Colorado State. In Colorado, the universities they're within like fifty miles of each other. They're really close. And there's been so much hype and so much flash about Dion without anything proven for it in Colorado State. If anybody's tired of hearing, it's got to be them. Right here is Colorado State's Braydon Fowler Nickelosi. I believe it's their quarterback as well as Tory Horton. Here's what they had to say about last year's meeting and the upcoming game they've got this Saturday against the Buffaloes.
Speaker 4: We owe them one and that's just something that's been sitting on everybody, you know mine since we came back from break. You know, we owe them and we walked away from that game, you know, as you know, we kind of left it all on the field. I don't feel like we left it all on the field because we should have murdered them guys and murdered you know. They came out with that attitude as they were on top of the world, and this ain't no Cinderella stories of humble.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they came out with that attitude and thought it was going to be a cakewalk. They saw the reports twenty seven and a half points whatever it was, and they got rude, rude, awakening real quick. And I think it goes to show that, uh, the hype, the media train all that it only gets you so far. At the end of the day, you have to line up eleven guys against our eleven guys and we'll find out who wants it more and we'll see how far Instagram followers gets them.
Speaker 4: We all came here to play football. So the end of the day, the munions, the followers and fans that they been produced in God and celebrities that can jump on their side because of who Deon Centers is. At the end of the day, Deon Centers ain't playing. It's those players playing. So those players better back up on what they speak about.
Speaker 3: I mean, taking a page out of the Dan Landing player.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you you hit it right on the head. And I mean, and that's this is like personal, you know what I mean. Like and they're right, like these guys aren't built like you would think. At one point these guys may have a little bit of like all right, not gonna do too much show voting because we have nothing to show for lists Because again, there's talented guys on the Colorado team, they're just a mess.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: I think you can make the if they lose this game, it's probably because of coaching, because Colorado State should not have near the talent that Colorado has. But they're gonna be well, well prepared, They're gonna be well coached, and this is personal to them. All right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side and wrap it up. Coffee and company. Feel about thorns right here on Sports Talk seven to ninety again for tonight, I'm taking Texas State money line over Arizona State, and then I'm gonna take the Bills.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: I do think that they're missing a weapon in Stefan Diggs, who's a super talented guy. However, I do think that Josh Allen doesn't have to worry about a diva quarter a devo receiver being upset about targets. He can just go out there and play ball and he's got good enough. I mean, Keon Coleman, the rookie they drafted out of Florida State, that guy's pretty damn talented. Showed that in their first game, so I know they're dogs here, but I'm actually actually the hell that I'm taking bills money line. That's what I'm doing, all right, real quick, let me tell you guys again about the Jefferson Animal Hospital and Regional Emergency Center. They've been serving the Louis of community for over forty four years. You knew that they've been doing it in a long time. They're open twenty four hours a day, including all holidays. They've got a doctor on site every night, that includes Christmas, So any day, any night or shift Jefferson Animal Hospital. They're dedicated staff and doctors have you covered in case of an emergency. And again, emergencies aren't expected. They just happened, and I can imagine it'd be a really stressful, chaotic, scary situation. But just know they're there for you again. Open twenty four hours a day, Jefferson Animal Hospital on outer Loop. Give them a call, FABU to nine hundred pets or visit Jefferson Vets dot com. We are out of here, you guys. Enjoy your Thursday evening. We're back at it tomorrow and I hope you guys will join us right here on Sports Talk seven ninety