Speaker 1: Sorry live am I I am live? I am live if uh you're.
Speaker 2: On live stream right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's my hot seat for people. We're just we're just starting though. Yeah yeah, Josh, come over here and give the audience thirty seconds with that hat on. I'll tell you what you can do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just went live.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I got but I've got my hat.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I've got the hat. I'm hanging out. You know, I got one of those like three months ago.
Speaker 4: He told me that it was six months when he told me the story.
Speaker 1: It might have been six months.
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: But then I saw your video and I'm like, I totally forgot I had that. You should break it out.
Speaker 4: And it's obviously the coolest fashion trends rocking ham nation right or hamasction have a nation?
Speaker 1: You should wear it on him.
Speaker 4: It's like a cross between like a plague doctor and uh and and a Vietnamese rice farmer and and and and it's like a trucker hat. Yeah, at the same time, it's completely it does. Yeah, that's my wife said, She's like, get the hat out of this house.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 1: Solar solar right, So yeah, that's you know, yeah, that is the solar panel in its head by the way, Yeah it is. I would not.
Speaker 4: I would not wear something like this if it didn't have some kind of stupid utility.
Speaker 1: There is we would you probably would. I mean for the lolls. But look there's the there's the hold on there you go.
Speaker 2: Can you see the box? Yeah, see that little box there, that's the that's the plug right there.
Speaker 1: You plug us.
Speaker 4: So it's it's USB A and C. It is C, so I I you can charge h T with it.
Speaker 1: And I did put A. It's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, let's see.
Speaker 4: Let's get it in there. But you could do full q RP with it. I haven't tried transmitting yet. I don't know about the transmitting, but it'll run Mountain topper problem.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I was wondering if you had power of the seven o five. Great question, let's find out. Let's I'll just tell ray, I'll go to borrow. I got an experiment to do.
Speaker 2: Let me break out the seven O five.
Speaker 1: Let's take it to the back. Oh my goodness. Yeah, well that's uh show.
Speaker 4: But you did you already say what's your favorites from the show?
Speaker 1: No, I just know we just went live and you guys are packing up to go, So I'm like, come sit down.
Speaker 2: You got the good Yeah, I've done.
Speaker 1: I am the the Jester has had his moment. The Jester will now but I but I am going to say, Okay, what's your favorite thing you saw today. I'm actually really excited.
Speaker 4: Even though it's a mock up the Kenwood mobile radio, I think we all really want Kenwood back on the stage. A Tryband mobile, like with the big Head.
Speaker 5: Yeah it's a big head.
Speaker 1: Uh, it does, it does.
Speaker 4: It's subjectively big front firing speaker, good front fires.
Speaker 1: We're expecting.
Speaker 4: We're expecting all the digital modes you want, APRS and of course, of course Mike APRS on board. Yeah, yeah, and then we do we do call you that now that's right. Uh, looks like d Star is probably.
Speaker 1: Going to be on board. Yeah, d Star and uh full kiss tn C for connecting other devices.
Speaker 2: Two of that and uh it was tryband with two twenty.
Speaker 4: Good seeing the seventy seven sixty. You know, thank you Japanese companies for bringing your radios here for us to look, not.
Speaker 1: Say anything about any other radios. It was it was cool. It was cool to see it.
Speaker 4: Functions just like a seventy six to ten functions like any other you know, icon radio.
Speaker 1: You expected good stuff.
Speaker 2: Except it's got that.
Speaker 6: You want more?
Speaker 3: Bring them all?
Speaker 1: Got a cool remote mount head though, Yeah, you mount the radio and network connected you can put it. Yeah, and then the head's only about yay thick and it sits on the desk and it comes with that stand that it does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looked like it was a I was like, this is I'm like, rag three D print this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, and he's like, no, it comes to that. I'm there, you go, okay. I love it when Ray always talk tells us about a brand new radio and you ask my question.
Speaker 2: He's like, you know what, I haven't tried that yet.
Speaker 5: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Because every time it happens, he's because we're like, how heavy is it? And he's like, well, I didn't grunt when I picked it up, so I don't think it's too heavy. That the meter right exactly, So it's that heavy.
Speaker 3: But it was good. It was good.
Speaker 1: Inauguration, repeat the question because they.
Speaker 7: Can't hear him.
Speaker 1: Is this Malania's it is?
Speaker 7: It is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is it's the best us. I can't do it.
Speaker 3: I don't know what.
Speaker 4: We were talking about. That we should have a bow on this. Yeah, we're into a little bow out of coaxe. Put it right here, all right, I'll.
Speaker 2: Give up the alright chair. Thanks, We're heading back tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Everybody come out, let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll be We'll be there tomorrow. So you want to sit down for a minute, Mike, So your ride is gonna sit down for a minute.
Speaker 2: So how many a p r S messages did you trade today, Mike?
Speaker 5: Only?
Speaker 8: I mean directed to me only a few yea from from my nemesis, Cam for a c K was standing right behind the camera and he.
Speaker 1: Was sending a message out over his apr S. What did that message say? It was?
Speaker 5: It was deded very well.
Speaker 2: Oh I read it just perfectly fine. It was clear's day. It said k m r D is wrong.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So then I started beaconing, is right?
Speaker 1: See I would have said, cam Fork, I would have been I should have said, you know, he probably went to Jason and said tell me how to beacon? How do I.
Speaker 5: That is not what happened at all.
Speaker 7: He said.
Speaker 5: He said, I'm gonna Mike, you figure it out.
Speaker 8: So I'm like, okay, I opened the app I changed the position report and say Cam, I'll tomorrow I will be in CAM for a c K is a dudeo head, so you can.
Speaker 5: Figure out how to bullets a bulletin.
Speaker 1: Somebody cares how to send a bullet Yeah, yeah, no, sinny bullets.
Speaker 5: What is this?
Speaker 8: Mike doesn't do APRS, so he should be expected to do all this stuff.
Speaker 5: It's down here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 5: Fine, I know how to I'm looking at the meters there.
Speaker 1: So what's your favorite thing you did see today?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Man, So I I haven't even seen the whole show.
Speaker 8: I kind of just took today and just did like my own thing, like did did the ham Fest as like not a YouTuber and just as a person, a civilian.
Speaker 2: A civilian enormy yeah, a civilian.
Speaker 8: So I had I had some things that I needed and uh so I picked up an armloc cage for my uh the eight one, the eight ninety one that you made me buy.
Speaker 5: On your live strain. Yes, yes, so I got all the stuff to do that. I gotta get another digit RedR eight ninety one.
Speaker 8: But yes, and then you know the obligatory adapters and connectors that you can literally never have enough.
Speaker 1: Of that adapter kit that Jim at Chat Radio has he gave me. Yeah, yeah, A c K was telling me about it, and I'm like, and I went over there and asked him as I had, he had like a bag of stuff. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's got that's a really great adapter kit. So if you guys don't have that, go check it out tomorrow.
Speaker 8: But that so, Frank and I took off earlier today and we just went through the flea market and I came across the most beautiful radio that I don't need. It was like a pristine condition. Yesu v X three R, which is a copy of the bow fang u V three R.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, copy? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, so I got.
Speaker 8: I got the bowfang u V three R at the Houston ham Fest couple of years ago for five.
Speaker 1: Dollars, that's right, I remember that.
Speaker 8: But they wanted one hundred and sixty bucks for this Yasu thing, and I'm like, you know what's best you can do? So she gets on the radio to the goz are the key master, the guy who does the pricing's not there. I am the gates keeper, and he's like, it's firm one hundred and sixty bucks. I'm like, so I get on the radio, I'm like, can anybody talk.
Speaker 5: Me out of buying this radio?
Speaker 8: Or something to that effect, And like a hundred people got on there like just buy it, buy it.
Speaker 7: By buy it by the radio.
Speaker 1: You're not helping, you're not helping.
Speaker 8: So but yeah, but you know, a couple of guys were like, it's kind of a little steep for that radio, and like one, do not need another HD because I would literally buy it.
Speaker 5: No I know, I know, but I would literally buy it.
Speaker 8: I would get home, I would play with it for about ten minutes and then it would sit.
Speaker 9: On my shelf with the twenty other h tas that you bought. Would maybe I should buy it just to put it, to put it next to the Yeah, but it is it?
Speaker 3: Huh, it's yeah.
Speaker 5: I let you borrow the three.
Speaker 1: This is cool radio is the copy of Yeah Yeah Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I don't know, maybe if it's here tomorrow, but we'll see one hundred and sixty bucks.
Speaker 5: But it had the box, had the box and had the manual and at the charger it works.
Speaker 1: If it's got the box, it probably is.
Speaker 5: Transmitted with it.
Speaker 8: I made several trans I made several nocturnal transmissions with it, and it's just cool radio.
Speaker 5: But one percent do not need it.
Speaker 1: So like seventy five people will be at that guy's table world Mike, Hey, where's that radilar?
Speaker 2: Mike was talking about less.
Speaker 5: But I didn't tell anybody what table it was.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 8: I mean there's only four rows of you know, so there's only one VX seven. I haven't I have not gone to the indoor flea market yet, but I was just kind of shooting the breeze and talking to people and you know, awesome.
Speaker 5: I did film one video. It's like three or four minute video.
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 8: So tomorrow, tomorrow I actually need to work right, make some videos for you people.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that's it.
Speaker 8: So now exhausted and Josh and I are going to go back to our our queen size beds and beds plural.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well we put our we put our suit on. Yeah yeah, the two queens, the two queens.
Speaker 6: Yeah good.
Speaker 5: Probably probably hit.
Speaker 8: The bar up at the hotel and then I'm just I'm just ready to Yeah, I'm gonna take it easy man. So well, I want to give a big shout out to Yasu for having hats because I didn't bring a hat.
Speaker 5: I was talking to John this morning before the show up and just talking about stuff. I'm like, can I have a hat? They got the brown bill this year. I really like the color because I got the you know the what's it called this? That rateo?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean it's not the same color brown, but close.
Speaker 8: Here's the This is this year's yea sue that looks more red on camera, but it's uh good there.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Kyle's in the chat zero Z. What's up?
Speaker 5: Ryle? Where are you at?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 5: He's like, He's like, I don't need to go to Florida to get my son dropped.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 5: No more, come here.
Speaker 2: That wasn't I think that was Huntsville? Actually yeah, yeah, I don't remember.
Speaker 5: We miss you, Kyle. Everyone's asking about you.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Really, I just said that. Well, no, A lot of people have asked about her.
Speaker 3: So good.
Speaker 5: That's all I got.
Speaker 1: All right, man, all right, yeah, you guys have fun driving back. Who wants to go next?
Speaker 3: Jason?
Speaker 1: What you want to go next?
Speaker 3: What's the question?
Speaker 1: The question is what did you see? Buy? Would you see that? How did the how did the how did the day out APRS thing go. I think the last I looked, there was like fourteen or fifteen stations on there.
Speaker 3: It's so easy.
Speaker 2: Can you heard it here first?
Speaker 1: You can't get any easier than that. Yeah, I would agree with that statement. So did you buy anything today? Let's see, do not buy anything?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I bought the hall is over there, so just be careful what you say.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So a both the Gigapart's backpack okay, uh, and then I got a handful of signal stick antennis Okay.
Speaker 1: The most exciting thing is the mock up though of that Kinwood radio. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 11: Well, it's still under glass, so we can't really get to it and play with it.
Speaker 1: But it's still exciting to see that radio.
Speaker 2: It absolutely is.
Speaker 1: I was not because out of the new Kiinwood icon in Jesu. I think as far as production goes, we're gonna see that one last. The icon is here now, the seventy seven sixties here now right. The Yazu will probably be out in another couple of months. But they were saying like end of twenty twenty five before we see that Kenwood. So I was surprised to see that they had a mock up here. When I was, I was happy Tokyo ham Fair, right, yeah, so well, but Yaesu had THEIRS at the Tokyo Hanfair and it ain't here this week.
Speaker 11: So yeah, okay, maybe that says all about ko.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I'm trying to hold my tongue. I'm just I'm just stating facts here. There's no or political correctness involved in this statement. Yazu did not have their Tokyo Hanfair radio here. Ken Wood did.
Speaker 2: Yep, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So that's that's honestly the.
Speaker 11: Most exciting radio that I see coming for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, the kin would Yeah, I mean the k Yep.
Speaker 7: I'm excited about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm excited about that one too.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 11: I don't know ken would bring in a two meter mobile radio back to the market with full APRS capability.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean they don't have anything else in that lineup.
Speaker 1: No, now that they discontinue the seven ten a while back, correct and uh, and they don't have they're not making any VHF that because I V seventy one has been discontinued.
Speaker 2: They they kind of got out of the game for they still have.
Speaker 1: They've had HF radios and production the whole time, but they don't have any any two meter for forty mobile radios, right, So yeah, no, I'm excited about that too.
Speaker 2: I think you're right.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be a that's gonna be really cool one for this year. I want one.
Speaker 3: I want.
Speaker 7: I get it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna get back here, and I did a few forums today, so I get to spend as much time inside.
Speaker 1: I want to go behind and see arm a lot tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I am too.
Speaker 7: A couple of other vendors that I want to check out.
Speaker 1: But how did the APRS forum go? It was good, It's really good.
Speaker 3: That's good. Okay.
Speaker 11: Lost of excitement around that, lots of excitement around.
Speaker 3: The day out event.
Speaker 1: Yes, uh yeah, that was all good. And like said, if you're here, definitely check out that day out. Yeah, that day out event is cool. So we're sending messages and whatnot. Cool, thanks man, Yeah, appreciate it, yep, yep, appreciate it. Who wants to go next? Anybody?
Speaker 7: Frank?
Speaker 1: You got Sebastian.
Speaker 2: Let's let's get Sebastian in here.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're not leaving yet I guess No, I'm not leaving yet. Okay here, okay, well tell everyone who you are. You've been on the channel before.
Speaker 6: I've been on the channel before on a live presenting. First, Yes, do you ever talk about the following your channel?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 5: No, because you don't like me.
Speaker 1: No believe everything might says Okay, because yeah, read that on a p r S. I bet you did.
Speaker 6: Obsession the.
Speaker 13: We have an unofficial PODA as a Polo ambassador. The official unofficial Polo ambassador is Gray Man over there. Yes, I will say that on the record right now.
Speaker 2: Unofficially, unofficially, unofficially.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: All right, so tell every Okay, so tell everyone who you are real quick.
Speaker 6: K I T D and hi to the Sullivan County people in New York.
Speaker 1: Good okay, and uh you and tell people what POLO so I I.
Speaker 6: Developed a Hampton k Portable logger also known as Polo.
Speaker 13: It's a Android and iOS logging app for portable operations for your PODA, Soda uh winter Bunkers, Winterfield Day, phield Day bunkers on the.
Speaker 6: Air castles, on the air islands, on the air.
Speaker 7: Bars of the air.
Speaker 6: I want to I want to develop brew is on the air.
Speaker 13: That's my next program about Broda, Broda Yeah, yeah, yes, yeah, Walmart on the air.
Speaker 6: All of those could be covered on Polo.
Speaker 13: It's it's a free and open source app available in all your favorite app.
Speaker 6: Markets, just on just on mobile though, justin mobile for now.
Speaker 7: Four Now. I'm not promising, but I'm promising, not.
Speaker 13: Officially officially exactly Eventually will happen, Okay, not as soon as I would love to, but but it will happen. You will have it on Windows, Mac and Linux, and hopefully I I I would be disappointment. I'll be disappointment.
Speaker 5: I have too much.
Speaker 13: I'd be disappointed in me if I don't get it this year. But I have to have it before the summer for Windows and Mac and Linux. Good okay, and uh and for quso parties and all kinds of other.
Speaker 2: Events, all kinds of dude.
Speaker 6: Yes, no, but there's lots of things to add to Polo. Pola is.
Speaker 13: Actually, even if it's the nicest and bestest and fastest portable logger out there is still a crappy one that has lots of things to get improved and better.
Speaker 6: There's there's tons of things I know that I can be that we can be doing better and nicer.
Speaker 1: I need to try to use it because I like doing the portable apps.
Speaker 2: I used Hammers for a long time.
Speaker 1: Uh World Radio League that's the one I'm currently using, and and they've they they're very active in their development.
Speaker 13: I went to the forum today and I'm I love seeing all the logging apps trying to.
Speaker 5: Get better and do better.
Speaker 13: That's that's that's Hammers, That's that's Radio League, that's POLO. Because even if there's a long history of good amateur radio logging apps, it.
Speaker 6: Was kind of standing.
Speaker 13: It's like it was stayed for for a long time and it was time to like shake things a bit and add things for portable operations.
Speaker 5: Yes, that had been kind of neglected by everybody else.
Speaker 13: TODA has been a tidal wave of change, and until Hammers came out there no one was paying attention for it.
Speaker 1: That's I think that's why Hammers got so popular because they were the first one to actually offer a template for potus.
Speaker 13: Not just a templar, but they were the first ones to come out and say, hey, you can actually do logging on your phone.
Speaker 6: Well that yes, yeah, it was that was something that was not a thing. So so, yes, there is a lot of improvement coming in logging for amateur radio app.
Speaker 1: Good good, Well, I'm gonna have I will download it and use it and probably do a video about it just because it's you. Yeah, I'm always interested in trying to drink. So yeah, you'll drink to that. There you go, he's drinking to that. So o, man, Well, did you buy anything today?
Speaker 6: I bought some power pull adapters.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 6: I haven't bought anything else. Yeah, I know there's lots of things in my ask.
Speaker 13: The Meshdastic network on the site has been working very very well.
Speaker 1: Very well.
Speaker 13: Yes, and there's been some interesting meshlastic devices I've seen around that I want to buy. Not all of them are available yet, right, but I I uh that haspiged my interest.
Speaker 5: Okay in this in this uhcation.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's worked very well here at the UH Yeah. We had we had issues with it at ham Bension a couple of years ago. That's all been addressed, fixed and worked on, and there's a great setting that we're using this weekend. We talked about it on the live stream last night. It worked beautifully today. Had no I saw no issues with it myself.
Speaker 5: No, it's worth it's worth great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good, good, excellent cool man.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you very sure having me, even if you don't use the app.
Speaker 1: And I gotta go download the app now. Yeah. Kyle's in the chat saying Polo is awesome. So you got a fan out there, at least one fan. You got one one fan out there? Uh, good deal. You want to go next? Okay, Robert's gonna come up here. Yeah all right, good deal.
Speaker 2: So you can talk about the mestastic stuff as well if.
Speaker 3: You want to.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah I can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Joe Brett's out there too. He jumped in the chat.
Speaker 1: Hey, Joe's up, Joe Brett.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: The meshtastic stuff's been working fantastic. I mean we've had great coverage. Yes, we see nodes popping up. I expect to see probably two x the number of nodes tomorrow tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there'll be more people here tomorrow.
Speaker 12: So yeah, yeah, but great turnout for a Friday at ham Casion here. I was really impressed.
Speaker 1: Very yeah, very good turnout.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 1: I got I got a short vertical video of the line waiting to come in last morning, and somebody commented, wow, there's nobody there, and I'm like, I think that was sarcasm. So yeah, it was like, yeah, there was quite the line coming in this morning.
Speaker 2: The weather was.
Speaker 1: Cloudy and misty this morning. I'm like, oh, this is gonna suck. But that burned off real fast. Yeah, really good, clear, hot, beautiful land.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden the.
Speaker 5: Sun came out and I think, whooped all of us today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I kind of drained everyone's energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably didn't drink enough water today.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, well not enough water. That wasn't that didn't have other things?
Speaker 2: I mean beer has ordered it, right, Yeah, exactly a good deal. All right, So did you buy anything today?
Speaker 5: I ended up with like a full backpack.
Speaker 12: So I stopped by the you know, the Airis booth, the am SAP boots, so I got you know, this year's T shirts.
Speaker 5: Got a bunch of new T shirts from those guys. It was great to talk to everyone there. Let's see. I picked up some more connectors right the.
Speaker 1: Uh from the chat radio guys. Connectors.
Speaker 5: Uh, this brand new thing that right in the rain came out with a case that yes, I saw.
Speaker 1: That those from the coms uh yeah, yeah out there. Yeah, I interviewed him today. So we see nice guys out there.
Speaker 5: You know, those guys are hungry, right.
Speaker 12: They had they had like some of the coolest stuff at their tables, just stuff that uh you know, it's it's kind of like a bespoke table of really cool hand radio stuff.
Speaker 5: But I bought that right in the rain, uh, a little case.
Speaker 3: So that was cool.
Speaker 5: That's in the not in the east West, but in the in the smaller building, in the smaller building.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's called it. It's calm.
Speaker 5: I'll can look it up.
Speaker 1: I'll look it up and look it up. Yeah, that was something dot com and he does. He does off gride weather. He's the one behind off grade Weather, and he's got some other stuff.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but a lot, a lot of St. Angelo, Texas.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so another another great reason, Like those guys, Let's see what else did I put in the bag today? I almost bought this. I'm not even gonna say it because somebody's going to go scoop it on me. I found a I found a full duplex ht.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Then I'm working on Okay, I'm working on the cellar a little bit. So I let it sit.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna let him think about that overnight. Okay, see if he can't reduce his price just a little bit for me.
Speaker 1: I went by HRO Okay, they have a really good price on the twenty seven thirty A, and I asked about the B. I did too, because he told me that because the thing I saw on Facebook was that they would start shipping on the seventh, which is today.
Speaker 2: Yep, I think it was Richard at Main Trading Company.
Speaker 5: It was Richard.
Speaker 12: I got a little scoop on that. Okay, I don't know if I should say, what the heck? Well, yeah, so all the boxes came in. Okay, Richard's got a ton of them and he was ready to ship them out. But these boxes say twenty seven thirty.
Speaker 1: A on them, So it's the correct radio on the wrong box.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 12: So okay, if any of you guys had bought a radio in the past that had like a little sticker.
Speaker 2: Over oh yeah yeah, character yeah, in.
Speaker 5: The in the model number, I think we're going to see that.
Speaker 2: We're going to see that.
Speaker 5: With that radio. So I was really stoked to see the twenty seven thirty B. It's not here.
Speaker 1: I was hoping it would be here. I was going to buy one for mature.
Speaker 5: I was going to buy one as well and have them.
Speaker 1: But they do have a good discounted price on the twenty seventh thirty eight.
Speaker 5: Yes, great price on that.
Speaker 12: And then I was, you know, excited about the Kenwood ticket to actually, you know, see that, see that, and you know I posted in my in my x feed that you know, my seven tens.
Speaker 5: Are feeling really nervous right now because they're going to get pushed to the side. I think as soon as that thing's available, that thing looks great.
Speaker 2: It does look great.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the screen on it is fantastic, really really good looking radio.
Speaker 5: What else did I see that? What was good?
Speaker 12: I think that was it, you know, one of the things Sebastian brought up mesh tastic. It was great to see tons of people walking around through the show with all kinds of radios. Yeah right, And and these are home brew radios, these are manufactured radios. I think my favorite homebrew was Ron's Ron has a. He took a water bottle, water bottle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's in a water bottle. Yeah. Yeah. So I didn't say I got to look at this tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I didn't see.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's like I P sixty eight rated. Man, this is this is beautiful. It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Is there water in the water the water?
Speaker 12: But I think you actually dropped it off at the Spec five table to over there.
Speaker 5: Yeah are wonderful line.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, Okay, here's what meantastic used to look like, and here's here's what right right, But yeah, great day. I didn't do any satellite passes today. There weren't any great passes, but four good ones tomorrow, so I'll be out in the in the main area is doing some satellite passes and then also talk to just a ton of people that come up and said, hey, you know, I've been doing satellites or I'm thinking about doing satellites, or I'm starting to do satellites. So that's that's always great. I love to see when people get excited about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very true.
Speaker 2: I didn't see Tom and Sloane up there.
Speaker 5: I did not either.
Speaker 1: Maybe they'll be here tomorrow, maybe tomorrow, hopefully we'll see Yeah. Well thanks man, hey, thank you.
Speaker 5: I'm going to get back to my Roberts.
Speaker 2: Watching that chat for us.
Speaker 1: So if you guys, because I can't see the chat this far, so yeah, you guys have question, and I'll yeah, good, thanks man, thanks everyone, Yeah, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Who else?
Speaker 1: Do you want to talk? No, you don't have to, that's fine, right, yeah, yeah, you can finish it off.
Speaker 7: Bill.
Speaker 1: Do you want to sit down?
Speaker 2: Do you want to sit down? Before?
Speaker 12: After?
Speaker 7: Bill?
Speaker 1: Robert uses Polo, it's official. All right, we're gonna bring Bill in next.
Speaker 2: How what's up?
Speaker 3: You caught me at the bar?
Speaker 1: Hold the microphone up, Bill, You caught me at the bar. Bill took a nap today, so he is ready to go. Man, you guys, you.
Speaker 3: Guys decide which one should I hold up?
Speaker 1: Put this one down Wednesday, Bill. Oh gosh, you've inspired me.
Speaker 3: Bill.
Speaker 1: I think I need another way.
Speaker 3: I got you decent.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I was gonna ask Frank, but yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: I can't rid the ship. No, that's okay. So did you buy anything today?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's this is gonna be a repeat.
Speaker 10: I think I said these things last night. So I picked up that radio from Jason.
Speaker 3: So it's an HC.
Speaker 10: So I gotta get a I gotta get a stubby, I gotta get a signal stick. So I went right over there. Armor Lock was the first place I'm so impressed by that company. It was the first place that made me actually turn my camera on.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, Okay, I was just walking and I'm like, I gotta get this.
Speaker 10: So I stopped at Armlock and looked because I'm I'm not I'm not in the market for a case, but I got a question. You know, when there's a seven o five bag, Yes, that I can put my seven o' five in in an armorlock case a La tech prepper, the upright bag.
Speaker 1: You guys know what I'm the upright bag when I can. So did you see what they had for the seven five?
Speaker 8: Ye?
Speaker 3: He did a nice jot caught my attention.
Speaker 10: He's taking the armor lock radio on the arm lock rails on the seven o five with the battery, his battery and put it into the Icon bag right.
Speaker 1: In the bottom side, in the bottom part. Very nice, fold it up and it actually fits in there almost perfect.
Speaker 3: If it's I was impressed.
Speaker 1: I was so because I've never been interested in buying that Icon bag, but now I'm like, I need n comeback because it fit in.
Speaker 3: There very well.
Speaker 1: And he had all they connectors and microphone in the top pocket where you normally put the radio. I'm like, that's a great idea, and he said that they're working on kind of like an upgrade to that, and so okay, so we might get that one day, but for right now that might be a great option.
Speaker 10: For it made it work, So I was that that I did turn on my camera for and catch and talk to him about. And then of course I had to run over to chat radio good and uh, pick up that bag of connectors.
Speaker 1: I think ak has done a great job selling the connector.
Speaker 3: Yes, he must forget in the commission.
Speaker 7: So for.
Speaker 3: The price, for the price, you can't beat that. So I picked up one of those.
Speaker 10: Oh and uh, you know, I'm a there's a club in Chicago called the two twenty Guys and that's how I got my general license ages ago. And they've got a two twenty repeater kind of downtown, kind of high up on the building.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I've got to twenty in my.
Speaker 10: Blood, and uh they are on what do you call the Oh my gosh, old man brained the the iPhone app to get on repeaters.
Speaker 1: Repeater book no no, no, to switch no no no, the other one come on echo echo echoling.
Speaker 3: They've got an ecchol.
Speaker 1: It's gonna keep guess until we get it and they've.
Speaker 10: Got on a net and they're just a bunch of great guys. But then I got two twenty in my blood and I bought the UV eight eighty eight. Yeah, and then the Kenwood might be triband might.
Speaker 1: Be it is so it is confirmed triband yeah, go look at the.
Speaker 3: I'm grabbing that kenwood. Yeah.
Speaker 10: So in my truck I needed an NMO mount for my break light mount. Okay, and on the trailer I needed another UHF mount. So I picked up two in tennis at good Comment Antennis triband common.
Speaker 1: Comment's the best one out there. In soul Tech, I was gonna say, you're the first one to bring up soult Tech. I think everyone here brought us bought a soul Tech flashlight, always do so. And I bought a soul Tech flashlight at the show every year for their last three years, different model and uh, and we were standing over there at at the oh No, I brought it back here and I was going through some of the guys were here, and uh, the Shane and his buddies that do the Harris radios. I was telling them they're made in Alabama. Those soul Tac flash lights and they're like, wait a minute, those are I was like, yeah, they're made in Alabama, made in the USA. And they're like, okay, I'm gonna go buy one now.
Speaker 3: They're premium lights, not premium price correct. Yeah, so a very nice light.
Speaker 10: But usually early Sunday or late Saturday, somebody says, hey, did you see this light? Yeah, and I'm like, oh, where do you get those? You know, I'm looking for a light for my pupu so I can run over there. Uh, and they're all gone, all the all the ones that mount on the rail on your Second Amendment effective device.
Speaker 1: Your wireless whole puncher, it's called that's what they identify as now.
Speaker 10: They identify wiles. I was at one of these hamp bests. I talk I talked about those sult time and I saw the seat church that said my ar identifies as a bolt action.
Speaker 1: Right right, So yeah, that's good.
Speaker 10: Anyway, I that was the first time my wallet came out. Uh actually, so I talked about it last But the soul Tac light for my pupu was the first time my wallet came out. But I'm I've been socializing. I was helping. Believe it or not, They don't know any better. I was doing some uh some a c K style tech assistance for some guys that were working on a node. Okay, so made my head hurt, but I was helping guys with Yes, mash Tastic is blown up. Hams love it and it's it's it's proliferating the Ham community and that's a good thing.
Speaker 3: It is a good thing. It's useful, it's fun. Yeah, it's it's our f it's radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's yeah. So it's technically inside of the hamdband, yes, because we have a shared band with the nine hundred megahertz ITSM band. The HAMD band goes from nine o two to nine eight and nine hundred and fifteen mega hurts right in the middle.
Speaker 2: There is a public band, but it's shared with HAM Radio, so it's technically a HAM radio band also, so.
Speaker 3: We can be Ham or not.
Speaker 5: Yes, working with them.
Speaker 10: Mesh tasting so been oh and got us shout out for Dave at Seeds Studios. I forgot my sense cap charger. We had some sense cap charger court issues, but mine as I forgot mine and Dave uh different issue.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, totally different, Yeah, totally different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a different issue, but Dave hooked me up. So Seat Studios is here.
Speaker 10: The guys that are reper representing the sense cap that little credit cards eyes so you've seen a bunch of those around here too.
Speaker 3: Uh, and of course Spec five is here.
Speaker 10: I went over there and I saw that Bron's retro fantastic note.
Speaker 5: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: It's a bottle.
Speaker 10: So he's drove the SMA connector up through the top and he's got the note in there, and he's got a power source in there, a long usp.
Speaker 3: He made it work, so he had I'm sure he had his note on the roof. Ipe. What did you say, sixty eight? Yeah, IP, IP sixty eight. He handed it, man, he made it. That's what Ham's do.
Speaker 1: So hanging I've been hanging out, socializing cool man. Yeah, thanks for being here, Bill, Yeah, yep, you vet So you guys you brought up though, because I was going to ask everybody else about that. Take the important one. Leave the microphone there you go. Okay, does anyone else want to go before Frank goes? You don't have to, but you're welcome to.
Speaker 6: Stake.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, what was that gentleman's name? He left. Okay. So one of the guys that came by here yesterday, he came by and met everyone yesterday last night when we were all sitting around. He took his general test and passed the general test today. He had been he had been a technician for thirty years.
Speaker 2: Did I hear that right?
Speaker 1: Okay, he'd been a technician for thirty years, took his general test and passed it today.
Speaker 2: And Ron W four RH had an.
Speaker 1: Older but very well kept and upgraded LEDs a Kenwood ts one that he wanted to give to someone. And when this guy came up and said that he had just passed the general I'm like Ron, this guy right here, so he I was like, hey, do you have an HF radio yet?
Speaker 2: He goes no, and Ron's like you do now?
Speaker 1: So yes, that was KB eight or k E eight Keel Bravo KB eight, wbp w DP Whiskey Delta Papa. Yeah, okay, okay, KBA w DP. So yeah, one a very nice vintage Kenwood chef radio. Be a great way to get on the air. Oh no, he took some pictures of the guy, That's what it was. So that was a fun giveaway.
Speaker 12: Ron.
Speaker 1: That was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Frank, what's up?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 7: I'm doing great?
Speaker 2: Did you finish all your edits?
Speaker 7: I am thirteen minutes in two thirds of the video I shot today alone. Yeah, one hundred and fifty different video clips prior for the video that was released to today at seven am Central time eight am local here, there was another one hundred and twenty clips put together for that video.
Speaker 1: My goodness, well it's easy. I wonder you spend half the day editing. Oh my goodness, well it's.
Speaker 7: Easy when all the clips are like twenty seconds.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, I'll give you that.
Speaker 7: But still, but that's just how my personality. I want to show, I want to talk, I want to show on to talk, and it's just this. They kind of all run together.
Speaker 1: Man, did you buy flashlight today?
Speaker 7: That was I was going to bring up, but freaking Bill ruined it.
Speaker 1: Didn't you buy flashlight today? That's when we were filling the Yeah, I think everyone we've interviewed has bought that flashlight today. So this Their newest flashlight is a UC Novo Nova Nova.
Speaker 2: It's a u USC chargeable, it has these and it has zoom on.
Speaker 7: It, which I've been waiting I've been telling them every hand.
Speaker 1: Well because last year, last year, they had this proprietary charger of for a long time.
Speaker 2: They still have all those models for most of them.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Last year they had a USBC chargeable flashlight, and that's the one I bought last year.
Speaker 2: But it had no zoom.
Speaker 1: It had like low, medium, high, that was it. No zoom on the lens. So this year they have a new one zoom on the lens, USBC chargeable. It's thirty bucks, brand new. I walked on the Alabama it's thirty bucks.
Speaker 7: I was like, do you have one at the zoom? They said yes, I said here.
Speaker 1: He didn't even ask how much it was here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because I've been dying to buy one of the flashlights. I like a zoom. So I get out late at night, I gotta go from Jason's trailer to Lord Knows to hit the head and I want this white bean. Then something moves across the trail.
Speaker 10: What was that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right in on it, that's right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but yes, I did buy that. I was gonna buy two. Signal six. I walked over there and I was like, hey, I need one to replace the little dongy thing that fell off. He's like, oh, glueden new one on right there. I was like, sweet, okay, I guess I still will buy the other signal Stick's gonna buy one. And I was the first, don't don't let Mike deceive you, the first to get a YESU hat today. Same thing. I forgot my hat at home. I was like, come on, John hook hook a man up, I just need a hat for today. Before the door is open, He's like, here you go. Yeah, I was the first to get one of those.
Speaker 1: Anything else you bought?
Speaker 7: No, but I'm gonna buy something else tomorrow.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna get?
Speaker 7: I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Say something new or used?
Speaker 7: Arm lock? Oh well okay, yeah, I'm gonna get an armor lot for what radio?
Speaker 1: Because okay, okay, are you getting a new radio?
Speaker 2: Okay, so the one you have at home? Okay, armor lock, you're both saying.
Speaker 7: Tim said yep, yep, but I'm probably gonna pick that up tomorrow. Yeah. Bye. Honestly, I think I shot all the video on need for the Monday's video, So now I'm just gonna go around doing my hand fast question and having phone and I still needed to get you on video. So Sunday's release is going to be the hand fast question of it was the good way of word this. What is the mistake you made at amateur radio you learned the most from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is a good question. That is a good question to think about that for a few minutes.
Speaker 7: I'm what I want to say, I'm prepping everyone. So when I do get on camera, they're ready to go. Usually I want to hate them all and I want to see the gears turned by year.
Speaker 1: You got to think about it, right right, No, that that's that's a head scratcher right there. Yeah, figure out what I actually learned from a mistake. I can make mistakes every day, But what did I learn from it? That's the hard part.
Speaker 7: See every mistake I want to learn from. So what what what did you learn the most? I'm like, oh, man, yeah, that's a good one. That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Good but uh what else?
Speaker 7: What are you drinking? I am drinking Weller at the moment.
Speaker 1: Drinking your drink.
Speaker 2: What I'm drinking Weller Old rob Bord?
Speaker 12: That for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you to the people who brought bourbon by today, so that's fun.
Speaker 7: You to all the fans have given me cigars today is amazing. And the gentleman who gave me this single malt scotch, oh, you got a scotch, got a scotch.
Speaker 1: So Frank is a bourbon guy. You need to give the scotch guy the scotch and give Frank the jim Bean. So he's better than Jim Bean. But he's not a scotch guy. I'm more of a scotch guy.
Speaker 7: I promise to share it with everybody to get together