Speaker 1: Oh five.
Speaker 2: Five KRC DE talk stations.
Speaker 3: Say it was a vacation and I'm the dude man, and I'm Brian Thomas Hosid the fifty five RC Morning Show.
Speaker 2: If you're having a decent Monday so far, I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I sure did, and I'm looking forward to hearing how much Peton's lemonade stand took in on Saturday. I don't know if you had an opportunity to buy a glass lemonade for that charity was a great little thing and keeping my fingers crossed they had a banner year this year. Anyhow, What is going on this morning? Christopher Smith Havan seven thirty with vice former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati for the Smither event. As always don't know what he wants to talk about, but I always enjoy it. On Fire of late Christopher has So that's seven thirty. I remember when you can't listen to Live podcast fifty five caresee dot com. It is Monday. So we do Money Monday with Brian James every Monday at eight oh five. Cost A Living crisis, hits, food, cars and other goods. Yeah, hottest job market on generation is over. Uh oh, and one million dollar starter home is becoming the norm. So those are the inflationary realities that we're all paying attention to and seeing in spite of the fact economy is apparently humming along and everything's great. If you listen to the Biden administration, it's all great. We've never had better times. So uh contrasts that with the reality we live on the street, and I know the numbers are great. Like people keep posting on Facebook memes about the stock market you better off now than you were four years ago, and they show the stock market's way up. It is do you have a million dollars to buy a house? Kind of unrelated problems but maybe related anyway. Always enjoy hearing from you with something you want to talk about, like maybe the Paris Olympics opening ceremony five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three, talk down, fight fifty on at and T phones. Lots of crazy things going on to the peripherals, like, for example, meanwhile, while we are distracted by the coup atta here in the United States, throwing Biden out in a favorite Kamala Harris. Meanwhile, while we're distracted by the left's efforts to convert Kamala Harris and her far left, radical left a Jenna into something moderate. Yeah, they seem to be just sort of rewriting history of Kamala Harris, and I don't know how much success they're having. I've seen some of the polling of data out there. Trump's you know, had Kamala Harris as a race, Trump's advantage, on and on and on. But you know, the policies and arguments that the Trump's side has, I think can withstand this, you know, I would say temporary erosion in his numbers. This is a honeymoon period that Kamala Harris is enjoying. I think largely driven by people's sigh of relief that Joe Biden's no longer on the ticket at least Democrat sigh of relief. Thank god, we've rid ourselves of the doddering old fool in favor of Well, yeah, is she electable? Well, it remains to be seen. But you know, behind the scenes, other things are going on. Oh look here on Friday, this is really got me rather miffed. Remember Peter Strock and Lisa Page. Yeah, former FBI officials who were instrumental in the efforts to get rid of Donald Trump in any way, shape or form. Their text messages back and forth predominantly anti Trump, talking about the insurance policy, you know, trumping up the no fun intended, the whole Russian collusion thing. Yeah, they were supposed to be in the name of law and order, that's what the FBI is all about. But no, it turned it into pulit us up a political organization with the sole purpose, seemingly to get rid of Donald Trump. Guess what. Strack and Page reached a settlement with the Justice Department with you, the American taxpayer, because it says the government will be paying out a total of two million dollars in their lawsuits over the Department's twenty eighteen release of their text messages. Text messages that were sent back and forth on government devices ergo no right to privacy. Yet here we have our governments settling with Stock and Page paying them two million dollars of your money to get rid of their lawsuits. Peter Strock, it's going to get one point two million dollars, Lisa Page, eight hundred thousand dollars a court of the settlement agreements which were obtained by various news outlets, including CNN. I'm reading CNN's reporting on it. Finalize their settlements with the just departments and court filings this past Friday, while we were all busy watching other things going on, going over the assassination attempt, wondering about the situation here in the United States with the presidential election, worrying about World War three breaking out between Israel and Hballa, among other things, and the paras Olympic Games. Look, they paid off. Stroke and Page Page said in a statement. While I have been vindicated by this result, vindicated, my fervent hope remains at our Institutions of justice will never again play politics with the lives of their employees. Ah, but we'll play politics with the wives of the presidents of the United States of America. If they don't land on our side of the political ledger, we'll do everything we can to disrupt their lives, suggest that their activities are criminal, even though we have no evidence of criminal activity. But don't mess with the lives of the FBI employees, mind you. Of course, the Justice Department declined comment.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 2: Strock remember, was removed after an internal investigation. First revealed his text with Lisa Page, with whom Strock was having an extra marital relationship that most assuredly exhibited as political bias. Paige was also on the Muller team, resigned from her role as lawyer for the FBI after the messages were discovered. Strack has other ongoing claims in the lawsuit against the department for his termination during the Trump administration. His attorney Aidon Goldman in a news release following the notice of this settlement, it's this outcome is a critical step forward in addressing the government's unfair and highly politicized treatment of Pete. As important as it is for him, it also indicates the privacy interest of all government employees. We will continue to litigate Pete's constitutional claims to ensure that in the future, public servants are protected from adverse employment actions motivated by partisan politics. Huh, but what about your adverse partisan politics on the job comments Strock and Page? What about your advocacy for you know, left wing causes, anti Trump advocacy. Why you're supposed to be doing your job at the FBI doesn't matter. Now he's one of these folks are going to land on their feet quite often it's because you know, they ended up over it, like CNN as a talking head their post political career, maybe as a lobbyist. Quite often politicians and others in government will go on and work for lobbying firms where they will make lucrative salaries. Right, we know about the game. I guess in this particular case, I don't know if Stock and Page weren't able to get jobs as lawyers outside of government or what I know. Strac wants to get his job back at the FBI so that he can enjoy full retirement benefits on top of the one point eight million dollars he's going to earn one point two million dollars he's getting from the American taxpayer thanks to the capitulation of the government and the Justice Department by settling with him. Claims his privacy was violated. HM, they have no privacy on government devices, ladies and gentlemen, on those government devices while conducting government work, which I would argue maybe this was in government work where they were using government devices purporting to be working on things related to government. Thus messages belong to you and me. It's our information. We paid for the devices, We paid their salaries we paid for the entire FBI and Justice Department unbelievable. No one person observed. The worse you behave, the more you get paid, as long as it's in service of the correct side. So things continue to go on out in the world while we are distracted. We are appropriately distracted by the events I referenced earlier. But you see what you can get away with when we're all distracted by what means to be bigger things. Justice Department didn't have to settle. They had a legitimate defense on these alleged claims of privacy interference. It was basically an employment case. Who are you working for? When these documents were released? What was the subject matter of the documents? Did they relate to an ongoing investigation? Yes, the investigation of Donald Trump. They were directly connected to it or related to it. In any event, we used to ask for documents and discovery requests all documents referring or relating to fill in the blank. In this particular case, the subject matter of the Trump Russian collusion investigation, Mueller investigation, et cetera. These were directly responsive an ergo, they were appropriately released. Now just roll over and write a check roll over and write a check fifteen fifty five KRSC the talk station. Feel free to call five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eighty two to three talko with pound five fifty five at and T phone. Another thing you can do is get your carpets and air ducks clean, your area rugs, your upholstery with zero res carpet cleaning patented ZrO water leaves no residue. It's really important because the residue the other guys leave and they cannot get all of it out, the harsh chemicals or the detergents that stays in your carpet you're a pholstery or your area rugs, and it attracts dirt, making your carpets well dirty or quicker with zero water, zero residue, hence the name zero res Get your air ducks clean as well. You know there's dirt and dust and grimming things in there, and you just go ahead and vacuum all day long. If the air conditioning comes on, that stuff goes out in your house again and you start from scratch. So get the air ducks clean as well. And right now, all the services they offer at zeros are fifteen percent off. Fifteen percent off. So use promo code Summer Sale. It's easy to schedule online. That's zero res sinsy with an eye zero ressinsy dot com promo code Summer sell for fifteen percent off. If you call them, I'll give you the number mentioned my name Brian Thomas. You too will get fifteen percent off. Five one three four six three fifty four forty five. That's four six three fifty four forty.
Speaker 4: Five fifty five KRC the talk station when you're awaiting.
Speaker 2: The Today is your nine first morning weather forecast. Today we have spocky afternoon storms, very muggy. I have eighty four showers and storms are likely. Overnight damageing winds are possible, dropping to seventy degrees. I have ninety tomorrow with morning storms and isolated chance after that partly cloudy. Is very human Overnight Tuesday, more storms possible, more muggy conditions, seventy one for the low. And on Wednesday, mostly sundayday with chances of showers and storms. I have ninety three. I imagine muggy as well. Gonna go out on a limb on that one right now, seventy three degrees here fifty five AIRCB talk station that is five point twenty on a Monday by one three seven four nine fifty five eight hundred two three with pound five fifty on AT and T phones. I saw this Paradise, California wildfire. It's going out. It's crazy, just absolutely huge fire. They're big evacuations going on. Hundreds, if not thousands of buildings have been destroyed, destroyed. My recollection of the events of some guy who was in a car the front was a tire fire, a fire underneath one of the tires in the car, and he was seen getting in and out of the car. He pushed the car over an embankment down into a gully which started the fire. Been arrested. So one of the biggest fires in California history. They say thirty four hundred firefighters, numerous helicopters, air tankers, all working on putting the fire out over the weekend, just growing and expanding. Sixty six structures destroyed. They say, thousands were in jeopardy and a lot of people had to be evacuated. So idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots, and as dry as the conditions are out in California, and this is what you get. And here's another one in terms of fires. Karmageddon is what they were calling it. Another downside of the push to go to electric vehicles is the batteries. You know, we've all heard of stories about battery fires and how they're almost impossible to put out. Yeah, well that's kind of what happens over happened over the weekend. Carmageddon again is what someone we're referring to it. Overturned trout carrying lithium ion batteries ignited on fire early As early on Sunday, California Higher Patrol wrote that I fifteen northbound at Harvey Road remains closed. Crews currently grating the dirt around the trailer housing the hazardous material heavy duty equipment on the scenes. Efforts to remove the trailer will continue once deemed safe for the cruise. It's a runaway battery fire that shut down and interfered with the commute of thousands of Californians Las Vegas locally, one person or one group on X The crisis situation is unfolding in the California desert. Thousands of people headed to Las Vegas have been stuck on I forty for many hours running out of gas and water, all due to the lithium battery truck fire that closed down I fifteen yesterday, drivers described as furious. A different story of energy crisis. Also calls by Alternative Energy one row the dangers of the green transition and not being disclosed the American people by radical leftists in the White House. There is limited transparency and accountability, wrote Zero Edge, And then they line up a whole bunch of articles about the problems associated with battery fires, firefighting, the ev aarow whole new game exploding e bikes. Lithium battery fires spread in New York and in California. I saw an article on that last week. Also, people wrecking those batteries operated bicycles, by the way, the more people buy them, the more accidents there are, the more people are injured. It's older people riding the bikes, by the way that apparently have the most injuries on them. Anyway, San Diego bound cargo ship hauling lithium batteries reports fire. I remember that one five hundred eighties among these three thousand cars on burning ship off Dutch coast, one after another. Remember thousands and thousands of gallons of water need to be pumped on one single electric vehicle. I'd say that's one of the larger sides or larger downsides of owning one of those things. You got the charging issues, the range issues, people's just general concern about the reliability of them. Then if you park one in your garage, wouldn't you have that looming concern in the back of your mind all the time? Do you get your service upgrade, you get your high speed charger, it's in your garage. The whole house is coming down with that thing catches on fire. So you draw your own conclusions. This to me is not a winning strategy. Also, you know, then there's that whole background thing about the economy of building them. Ford Motor Company losing just billions of dollars on man manufacturing electric vehicles, every single one of them sold at a loss. What's right with this picture? And then you can just keep going back further and further and further about you know, the environmental damage done by these things, the fact that Chinese dominate the industry. It's all good for the Chinese. Ah, just don't understand the stupidity and it's all in the name of this will guid this Green religion, as I always refer to it as, and I'm not a believer in the religion. Do I believe the climate change is absolutely well, I believe the climate is changing now. Yes, I do believe the climate has been changing my entire life and will continue to change without any impact by us, you and me. That if we disappeared from the face of the earth, and that no more gasoline or coal or oil was burned, and that we all were wiped off the face of the planet, the climate would continue to change like it has well since the dawn of the Earth. Five k C Detalk station. Well, you don't own an EV you own an imported car. Foreign exchange the place to take it. Save money, Yeah, nothing to lose at foreign exchanges. That money. If you go to the dealer, you're gonna pay more, and that's all there is. Bottom line is the bottom line. At foreign exchange, you get wonderful mechanics. They treat you like family, they're they're very nice people. You can actually talk to the mechanic, which is an important element for me. When I'm getting my car fixed, I want to talk to the person who worked on it, and you can't do that at a dealer at least it's the challenge you get through the service manager. But a foreign exchange you can. They have data access to all the technical information from the manufacturers, whether your car is from a traditional Asian or European manufacturer, whether it's exotic or a run of the mill, everyday kind of car. They specialize in taking care of you for less money. So save the money. Go to the Westchester location to for exchange where Austin his team will treat you great. You'll leave with a full warranty on both parts and service. That's the towers and the legs. A off seventy five, go east two streets, right on Kinglin and you are there. Find them online at Foreign Xport in the letter x dot com. The number five one three six four four twenty six twenty six. That's six four four twenty six twenty six.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station, the exclusive audio home on NBC's coverage of the twenty twenty four Paris Olympics.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRSV Talk station five one three seven fifty five hundred eight hundred eighty two to three Talk five fifty on AT and T phones. Thank you, Maureen, Jeez. Louise was talking about those electric battery fires, and she sends me a video of some guy who walked on an elevator and they got elevator can inside. He's holding a U lithium battery in his hand. The thing just blows up in the elevator. Guy looked charred when they pull him out of the elevator. I asked her if the guy died, because he looked dead when the outside video of the incident showed the other side of the door when the fire started. But wow, that's scary. I mean with without any notice. He just walks in casually standing and boom.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 2: Anyway, if I've went three seven four nine fifty five eight eight two three talk, I got a couple of families in Liberty Township trying to figure out who spray painted swastikas and lude drawings, as well as profanities on their homes and cars. Jeez. A woman whose home was hit by the vandals didn't want to be identified to Fox nineteen, who interviewed her. They're violating her own home, which is a safe place and doesn't necessarilysarily feel the same after something like this happens. Yeah, you feel violated, There's no question about it, says she woke up to a text from her neighbor Thursday morning at their home hadn't targeted, no idea. Came outside expecting to see toile of paper, our house, egg and there was graffiti on all over my son's car with profanity. Garage door had swastika on it. So it's not what you would expect. Called it shocking. A woman says every part of her son's car, from the paint to the headlights and the windows were hit and she fears that well the car may have been totaled. Vandals even put egg yolk in the gas tank. Said it had to be towed. Belieze her son was the target and Morey's for his safety. Said a person would do something like this obviously not a good person in the first place. So it does kind of make me worry that if someone took it further and he was harmed in some way. One of only one of one home on a few streets was also vandalized few streets away. They are working with the Butler County Sheriff's office to try to figure out who may have done it. Sarff's office so far hadn't found any fingerprints, and she can't find any neighbors with ring doorbell camera footage of the vandals, but she hopes there will be justice. It's also hoping that that person who did it apologizes. I would not hold my breath for that one. But if you have any information about who did this, the incidents themselves, they're asking that you'd please contact a Butler County Sheriff's office. Thanks.
Speaker 6: Joe is the biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies.
Speaker 2: There's no bigger douche than you. Rally Sunday supporters Performer President Donald Trump held a big rally big Ash Brewing, and Vice President Kamala Harris supporters held a rally at Mad Tree Brewing. So does this mean we have some political guidance on our beer choices? Joe? Is that? Yes? Alicia Reese spoke at a rally for Kamala Harris, saying today was a call for unity, a time for Democrats not to fight each other, but to unite and get out the vote. Attendis of the Trump probably said they want Trump back in office for his border policies because he ran the country as a businessman not a politician one supporter. He talks to me directly and takes out that political jargon, and he's totally transparent and that's what I like about and he tells the truth. I'm sorry. Search crews with Ohio LandSAR Search and Rescue we're out searching for a twenty one year old woman who's been missing since June. Union Township Police and Ohio Lansar's Search and Rescue say Emma Lecter was last seen June twenty eighth beach Mont Cherry Grove area, wearing a purple snuggie which could be mistaken as pink color from a distance. She Search and Rescue cruise say she could be wearing knee high socks that say TUTSI roll on them in three to four inch lettering. Police search and rescue crew say she's about five feet and five feet six weighs one hundred and forty. In addition, she suffers from severe mental illnesses in need of medication. Anybody with information about her whereabouts police call the Union Township Police Department or the Higho Landstar Search and Rescue. That's sad. A woman was hit by a train while walking along the tracks talking on a cell phone happened today, according to Cincinni Police, reported at about two am West North Bend Road near Vankirk Avenue and Carthage. Conductor told police it called nine to one one after hearing what sounded like the train hitting a deer. Woman suffered a cut to her was taken to a nearby hospital, cording police she's expected to recover whoa let's see here. Early Saturday morning, a pedestrian was hit and killed in the city of spring Bell. According to Springdale Police, they were called to a westbound intersection of two seventy five near the forty three mile marker for a female pedestrian on the road. Female was hit by two passing motor vehicles. Officers say the pedestrian died of the scene. Identity unknown at this time, at least as to the reporting this morning, Police said the driver of the vehicles did not appeared to be impaired and they did remain on the scene. And with information about this accident, please contact the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office. Those of the information regarding the pedestrian are asked to call the Hamilton County Corner's Office five point thirty five fifty five care. See these talk stations stack a stupid coming up or you can feel free to call either way you want to slice it. I'm going to continue after I mentioned zimmerheating and air conditioning, because everything needs a O. Their HVAC systems repaired from time to time. It's just part of the joys of home ownership, isn't it wonderful? Count on third generation experts at Zimmer. They'll take great care of you. They have been doing that for more than seventy five years. Again, third generation. I love Family Operations Greater Cincinna's leader in twenty four hour days, seven day a week emergency service. So call them up with confidence. And if you do need that new air conditioning unit, they still have the cool Carrier comfort rebate going on. So why not save up to twenty one hundred dollars on that new air conditioning unit. Every little bit counts, and I say twenty one hundred dollars is a lot. You draw your own conclusions. That's significant savings where I come from. But you can call Zimmer and they're great at what they do and they have been again for more than seventy five years. To get in touch with them, schedule appointment again twenty four hour days, seven day a week, go zimmer dot com. That's go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 4: In this edition of the Market Spotty apping in storms.
Speaker 2: It'll be a very muggy day today. They say that's a quote very muggy eighty four for the high down to seventy overnight damaging winds, showers and storm likely ninety are high. Tomorrow party cloudy, very human along with morning storms overnight more overnight storms. Muggy seventy one. And on Wednesday, I'm guessing muggy. It's not listed, but it's gonna be mostly Sunday with a chance of showers and storms at the high in ninety three seventy three degrees. Right now, it's about KERC detalk station type for first traffic.
Speaker 7: From the UCL Traffic Center. No matter the injury you see, health orthopedics and sports medicine redefines recovery to get you back to doing what you love. Called five one, three, four, seven, five eighty six ninety clean slate on the highways. So start off your work week, no accidents to worry about, nothing close to a delay northbound for seventy one easily under five minutes from two to seventy five to the bridge Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs.
Speaker 2: The talk station that is five forty here. If you about Parc decalk station, I'm wishing you a happy Monday. I'm getting to the stack is stupid here, but you can feel free to CALLI five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five eight hundred eight two to three talkh Kids Can't be Kids started the show reminding folks, it was that Peyton's Lemonade Stand charitable event over the weekend on Saturday, and I really hope that they put it a whole People bought a lot of lemonade and thus put together a whole lot of funds for these wonderful charitable organizations at Peyton's Lemonade Stand supports. And then I see this on the top of the stack. Is stupid the antithesis. Homeowners' Association members in Colorado Summit County specifically tried to shut down a children's lemonade stand by calling the sheriff's office. Wilderness Homeowners Association members called the Summit County Sheriff's Office complaining about children running what they described as an illegal lemonade stand. They claimed the kids were blocking the road, yet when deputies got there, they found the children were not blocking the road. Did ask them to move back from the road for their safety, but they were not in the road. The sheriff's left, but the hot property owners came out and began yelling at the children, claiming they were on private properties, requiring the deputies to come back to the lemonade stand. Once again. The deputies found no issue with the kids who were selling the lemonade because the property was shared property by the Homeowners Association and because the children's parents are part of the HOA, they had the right to be there. Who does that? What kind of person interferes with the child's lemonade stand?
Speaker 4: Period?
Speaker 6: That person the biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies.
Speaker 2: There's no bigger douche than you. Pees.
Speaker 6: You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douche. Dum, good going, dou Your dreams have come true.
Speaker 2: Got the full treatment there on that one. Well, this one hits home for me and maybe you can share the award. Man arrested in Houston, Texas allegedly sold and shipped counterfeit cancer drugs worth tens of thousands of dollars to people here in the United States. Sharing in the award this morning. Sanjay Kumar, forty three of Bihar, India, and died in a federal grand jury last week. It arrested on Friday in Houston while he was in the United States to negotiate additional deals to expand the illegal business of selling fake oncology pharmaceuticals here a cord to the US Justice Department, Kumar and his co conspirators are accused of orchestrating the sale and shipment of counterfeit versions of k Truda and other oncology pharmaceuticals to unsuspecting people here in the United States. Justice said genuine k Truda is a cancer immunotherapy that has approved in the United States for nineteen different indications, including for treatment of lung cancer, had A net cancer, gastric cancer, servial cancer, breast cancer, hotkin lymphoma, and melanoma. As merk Sharp and dome LLC, they have exclusive right to manufacture and distribute that particular drug here in the United States. Kim ar charge with one kind of conspiracy to traffic counterfeit drugs, four counts of traffic encounter at drugs, and if convicted, he could face as many as twenty years in prison on each account. Lord Almighty, I guess I just kind of wonder how would you get counterfeit drugs from India? I mean, you go about the normal process. Your doctor gives you a prescription and you have it filled, or in the case of oncology drugs, you go to the doctor's office for them to be administered in a controlled environment. Do they end up getting the Indian drugs? Or are people buying these from their home and self administering, which could in and of itself pose a huge problem. Just asking out loud because I'm confused by it. But anyway, there are some dangerous drugs floating around on the street. Uh A, let's just send a segment at Scotch early. Only have fifteen to twenty seconds left, so we'll pause there rather than going the law in this segment. And that way, I convinced and pressed Esion terriers for kitchen remodeling. John Ryan pressed Eesian tiers. They're one and the same. That's you're working with John Ryan, your true partner for your kitchen remodeling project. Like he was for hours, did a wonderful job in our kitchen. I can't remember howny years ago, it's been My wife and I were having a conversation about this the other day with different home improving projects we had. It's like, was that ten years ago? Is that eight years A guy I can't even remember. I have to go back and look at the invoices. But ultimately, great job on the kitchen. We're still enjoying the benefits and the fruits of John's labor and the team. He is the one responsible for having every element of your kitchen and modeling process come out to your satisfaction, well oiled machine with the teams, arranges everything and can do change orders on the fly. He's got wonderful ideas because John has been doing almost exclusively kitchen remodeling for about thirty five years. Seen it all big kitchen, small kitchens, large projects and small, whatever sized project, whatever sized budget, He'll help you stay within it. So take him up on a lot of his design ideas, because we certainly did and love the fact that we did take him up on his ideas. A plus is a better business barrel. He's member of the National Kitchen Bath Association. He's got a website you can check out some of them before and after pictures of the work he's done over the years. That's Prestige one two three dot com. Prestige one two three dot com. Please give John my regards when you call him. The number is five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC My Wife.
Speaker 2: Fifty five kr CD talk station. Hope you're having a happy Monday. Monday, Monday, Christopher Smitheman Smithemant Monday and of course any day of the week. You can feel free to call if you like. Love to hear from you in fifty five carsee dot com for podcasts when you can't listen live, like, for example, to tech Friday, and if well Monsignor Jeffrey Burrell had listened to tech Friday's Dave Hatter, he wouldn't find himself in the position he finds himself in, which is out of a job. But the plain in a litigation case against the queer dating app Grinder grind designed for the I guess the gay community, some aspect elements of the LGBTQ community. Bottom line is Monsignor Jeffrey Burroll started using Grinder back in twenty seventeen. He claimed no indication people outside the app could access his data corner of the lawsuit. If there had been, he never would have downloaded Grinder and used it. His position as the top administrator of the US Conference of Catholic Bishops required him to take a valve of celibacy and Catholic teaching opposed a sexual activity outside of heterosexual marriage, so when this was discovered that he was on Grinder and using it, he was out of a situation. Back in twenty twenty one, Catholic media site reported that Burl had been using the app again, which forced him to resign court of the lawsuit which Burle filed against Grinder last week in California Superior Court a legend Grinder did not protect his data and inform him that vendors could access it. Spokesmrom for Grinder set in a statement of The Washington Post that the company intends to respond vigorously to these allegations was based on mischaracters ations of practices relating to user data. The attorney representing Burrell wrote to Grinder last month that his client was publicly outed as gay as the consequence of the data being released, that Guy James Carr to have that decision forced out of your hands and into the public realm as reprehensible, he claimed. HM recognition a resignation came around the same time that The Pillar, described as an online newsletter covering Catholic Church not a defendant, parenthetically reported that it had collected information about Burrell from Grinder, showing that he visited gay bars new sites that had hired an independent firm to authenticate the information. After learning about the Grinder data, they asked Burl to resign, according to Gregory Helmer, an attorney representing Burrell. Spokesperson for the organization, told the Post that the time Burrell decided to resign after allegations of his improper behavior were released. Also, though alleges that Pillar received the information from something called the Catholic Lady and Clergy for Renewal, It's apparently a Denver nonprofit. The president of That Guy That organization, Jade Hendrix, wrote in an email at the organization received the Grinder data to help Catholic bishops assist their priest and seminarians in living their priestly vows. Grinders sold Burrel's data between twenty seventeen and twenty twenty one to companies and data vendors, according to lawsuit, and it says it in their privacy policy too. Last month, Car asked Grinder to compensate Burl five million dollars. When they didn't agree, they Burrough filed the lawsuit requesting damage and on in order that would prevent the app from releasing user data without prior notice. Now. University of California, Berkeley Center for Law Technologies Chris Hoofnagel said most people don't read companies privacy policies, and even if they did, companies typically remain vague in their policies, such as saying they'll sometimes share information about the users. If you ever read that they are sharing your information with third parties, sometimes can be read all the time or many times, so don't take cover behind that. That's one of the reasons, uh because third party companies might find new customers by purchasing data from Grinder, Like if you're an LGBTQ plus product selling company, you might want to know who's on Grinder. Accord to Missobnekol, there's an illusion of control when users put personal information into applications and the reality is that there are an unfathomable number of security breaches, many of which we never hear about because they're undisclosed. So let this be a lesson, Linda. Let's go to the phones here, Linda, thanks for calling this morning, and a happy Monday to you.
Speaker 8: Oh thank you, Brian, Good morning. Listen to you every morning.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 8: I just wanted to call in in whether you thought the Olympic opening ceremony was great or bad, or it offended you or it didn't. On YouTube, Divine Mercy has all the information for you to protest it, how to write to IOC, and how to write to the ambassador, and how to even call. And that's all I wanted to say is there is recourse, peaceful recourse where we can protest this. I appreciate that it was Divine Mercy Olympics. That's what I put.
Speaker 2: In Divine Mercy Olympics in your search engine, and you'd found the site to issue protest. Appreciate that and protests we should. And I have an outlouded question to ask you. Leno was going to get into that. And after the top of the Aeron news, where was the mocking of Mohammed remember that part of the Olympics ceremony where they made fun of Mohammed And yeah right they didn't, did they interesting? But they didn't mean any offense. They apologize, So everything's aoka or maybe not appreciate the call. Five to five ifty five k city Talk station. That and a whole lot more coming up at the top of the air our news. Hope you can stick around.
Speaker 4: It's kind of hard to keep cool.
Speaker 9: We know that there's other people running the country.
Speaker 4: The topics are so heated. How do we repair the damage? Fifty five KRCD talk station.
Speaker 10: Hey, I'm gonna let you in on a little wireless hack that can cut your cell phone bill in half every single month.
Speaker 4: Rise at eighty.
Speaker 2: Six six fifty five gar see the talk station. Happy Monday. My name is Ryan Thomas. You can reach me in five point three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk or pound five fifty on eight and T phones. You care to comment on something going on in the world, like the Olympic Games. Uh, Joe, have you heard anybody complain about the carbon footprint from the Olympic Games? I know we like the G twenty countries meet and they all talk about the private jets everybody flying in. You got people from literally the four corners of the globe flying into one city and consuming products and exhaling and resources and nothing. Huh, not a word you did. No, no, greta thunbird pulling her hair out, whining and screaming incessantly into the now. Yeah. I know that's kind of strange, isn't it. Anyway? Let us see here Coming up seven thirty Christopher Smith and former Vice mayor of the City SINCINNTI Every Monday at seven thirty for the Smither vent and two hours from Now Money Monday with Brian James talking about the cost of christ living crisis, hitting food, cars, other goods. Also on the list the one million dollars starter home is becoming the norm, as well as apparently the hottest job market in a generation is over. Okay, not exactly uplifting topics this morning with Brian James, but there's reality staring. You had the face fifty five carosy Dot comment or over. They get your Heart Media so you can stream the content wherever you happen to be get your tech your podcast including David Junk's book Rocking the Kremlin, which sounds just kind of envious of David Jones' light life and career in the record industry. He was there when the Soviet Union iron curtain fell, and he brought them Western music. And what an exciting time that was. Based on MC conversation with him, fun conversation, I'm sure an equally fun, if not more fun book fifty five KRC dot com. Let us see here. Going over to the Paris Olympics, usually making again in terms of the prioritization of our topics of conversation. This was dominating the news because so many people were offended. And what was the point of that exercise? Anyway? What was the point of the last supper drag queen transvestite performance. I just I don't get it. I mean I get it on a lot of levels, but I don't get it. Do the athletes agree with this? Are they all uniformly woke? Was this a learning exercise for somebody? Did they not anticipate that maybe some people would find such a fence in it that they would boycott and reject even watching the Olympics that some people and I noted one large I think it was a software manufacturer. Tech company I think was described as a tech company pulled all of its advertising in the wake of this LGBTQ trans Last Supper. It's okay, though they meant no disrespect now a religious conservatives from the round of the world described a segment with the French Catholic Church Conference bishops deploring scenes of derision that they said made a mockery of Christianity. Russian Foreign Ministry also issued a similar sentiment, as as did the Anglican community in Egypt. One group an organization after another protesting the disgusting reality of the Last Supper twenty twenty four. Paris organizers issued an apology yesterday to Catholics as well as other Christian groups angered by them. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Well, you didn't mean to do it.
Speaker 2: The segment, which described as resembling the biblical scene of Jesus Christ in the Apostles sharing the last meal before the crew featuring drag queens, a transgender model, and a naked singer made up as the Greek god of Wine. Dionysius, Paris spokesperson and as Camps. In a press conference following the outrage over that production, clearly, there was never an intention to show disrespect to any religious group. The opening ceremony tried to celebrate community tolerance. We believe this ambition was achieved. If people have taken any offense, we are really sorry. Is that enough? Sav you know, right around the corner front the drag Queen Last Supper, there was a mockup of Mohammed Now there wasn't. Can you imagine the ourrage the vast majority of illegal immigrants, and Europe is struggling with a problem with illegal immigration as well. They are overwhelmed with a huge number of people coming from Middle Eastern countries, most of whom are Muslim, many of whom are outraged, don't like the whole system that they're now living in, many of whom might be members of terrorist organizations. And I don't know if you saw this, which is frightening. There was a coordinated sabotage of France's rail network right as the opening games began. French State railway and a railway at a post on X described the fire as cutting of critical signal cables near the tracks in Courtanelan, northern France. I probably pronouncing the city in correctly. Apologies to the people living there, called it a massive attack aimed at paralyzing the high speed line network. They said a large number of trains were diverted or canceled, and requested all travelers who could pro postpone their trip not go to the station. French prime ministers pledged to find and punish those responsible. Our intelligence services and law enforcement agencies are mobilized to find and punish the perpetrators of these criminal acts. That's a statement from the Prime minister. Now, they state it remains unclear who's behind the sabotage, some suggesting it's Russia. Given France's position relative to Russia and the war going on in Ukraine, that's a legitimate potential. Wall Street Journal had this to say. The sabotage marks a stunning reach of the sweeping security dragon at that France erected and to shield the games from myriad threats ranging from Islamic terrorist groups. The state sponsored sabotaged planned by adversaries such as Russia or Iran. Iran who might have reacted with outrage had the opening ceremonies included a send up of Mohammed or his followers. Former French ambassador to Moscow had this to say, we are obviously in a situation of conflict with Russia, and Russia obviously is not going to do anything, and that's the Obviously Russia is obviously not going to do anything, and that's an understatement to help these Olympic Games be a success. Some, citing intelligence sources reported by CNN, French intelligence services are investigating the far left Antifa Marxists. They're there too. There's a tradition in France of black blocks. One said, every time there's a demonstration, they destroy, they break things. In fact, France has been facing these problems for several years now. We haven't managed to solve them and so now of course it's getting out of hand. And again pointing back to the influx of a significant influx of migrants from Third world countries over the years, is a risk of some of them could be members of known terrorist groups with intentions to destroy the rest. Yes, they have that problem too, and we'll wait to see who is responsible for the sabotage of the rail system impacting about eight hundred thousand people over the weekend. We turned to our own southern border or just recently, three Palestinian migrants acrossed the United States illegally were detained after they were found to have terrorist ties. Federal law enforcement officials speaking with a New York Post of one of the migrants had salacious photos on their phone, including an image of a masked man holding an AK forty seven. One migrant from Turkey also suspected of ties to terror groups in addition to those three Palestinians. Not clear which terrorist organizations allegedly affiliated with migrants among a larger group who turned themselves into border agents at the San Diego Sector taken it to custody by US Immigrations and Customs Enforcement ICE, which Kamala Harris wants to abolish. Parenthetically, I say the FBIS joined Terrorism Task Force was investigating their cases. Border agents in San Diego Sector have been overwhelmed but do not have access to criminal databases in other countries to properly vet migrants. According to one unidentified agent, who spoke with Fox News on a condition of anonymity, quote, knowing who these guys are, we have like no access to anything international, Like, we really don't, and it kind of sucks. That's a quote close quote. He said. I wanted to get into border and protection. I wanted to get too border patrolled and protect from terrorists, and it's like, well, I probably let terrorists in the country, the agent said, probably with great dismay. Border agents San Diego have been warning to keep a lookout for people possibly tied to the Palestinian terror groups after the October seventh attacks on terrorists. Previous alert sent to the Border agents san Diego Field Office Intelligent Unit assesses that individuals inspired by or reacting to the current Israeli Jimas conflict may attempt to travel to or from the area of hostilities in the Middle East via circuitous transit across the Southwest border. Foreign fighters motivated by ideology or mercenary soldiers of fortune may attempt to obfuscate travel two or from the US to or from countries in the Middle East through Mexico, said the statement to the border agents. They also provided patches and insignias of the various terror groups who our border agents could recognize them, including Hamas, Palestinian Islami Jihad, and Hesbala, which just recently launched an attack in Israel killing children who were playing on a playground or soccer field and may begin World War three. I know that the the Israeli defense forces met for six hours yesterday contemplating what they were going to do to react to Hisbala as a consequence of that horrific rocket attack. So far, let's see, we had the number of illegal migrants appearing on the terror watch list. It was ninety eight for fiscal year twenty twenty two, went up to one hundred and sixty nine and twenty twenty three. No total numbers yet from the federal government on how many on the terror watch lists have already had encounters with border agents. And I scream and utter underline with my voice, mphlicis encounters with because we all know about godaways that had no interactions with border agents, And go ahead and contemplat, as I always do when I read that kind of figure, why wouldn't they encounter border officials? They stand a much better likelihood of remaining in the country, if that's really why they want to be here, maybe get a job or improve their life. If they interact with border officials that way, they you're name that you get coord hearing in that way. Someday maybe it'll be determined that you're allowed to be here. Maybe if you're on the terror watch list. You don't want to have that kind of encounter because look, as this article details, they're going to figure out that you're on the terror watch list and you'll be detained. And at this moment in time between now and November, we've all heard of the October surprise. Now, haven't we a lot of people concerned about the election, and maybe it'll be interfered with. We saw what COVID did with the election. Is there some other magic recipe that I don't know, someone, maybe a terrorist organization can come with to come up with to interrupt the upcoming November election here in the United States. Can you imagine the political upheaval if the election is interfered with? That would benefit a lot of our adversaries, just to see us in outrage because of what some perceive to be election. In your experience six eighteen fifty five ker CD talk station Plumb Tight, it's always not plumbing done right. When you call my friends at Plumb Type Plumbing, they do wonderful work. No service charge, no mileage fees, nothing like that. What you'd get is superior customer service from the yes license plumbers at Plum Type Plumbing. The andjoyn a plus with a better business Better Business Bureau because it is a completely different plumbing experience. Exceptional customer service by actual license plumbers, fair and ethical pricing, and folks that will never try to say is something you do not need? Big jobs, small jobs, everything in between. Faucets, toilets, leaky pipes, water heaters, some pumps, basement backups. Yes, call my friends at plumb type family and an operator of your neighborhood plumbing company probably serving the greater Cincinnati area including Kentucky and Dayton. Five one three seven two seven Tight t I t E five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three. More information online go to plumtight dot com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five krc iheartradial six twenty three on a Monday and happy one.
Speaker 2: You're gonna go straight to the phones by the three seven hundred eight two three talk oh and thank you real quick. Keith. He said you hear even Ron was upset with the opening ceremony crisis of profit in the Kuran, and they didn't like it. Also, here's his funny part. I think they're going to diss the Muslims in the closing ceremony. In doing so they'll be able to save a lot of money on the fireworks be taken care of by the outraged Muslims. Excellent observation, Keith, Sue, thanks for calling this morning. Happy Monday to you.
Speaker 9: Oh is it happy?
Speaker 11: I feel like digging a hole?
Speaker 2: I know, Sue, trust me. Every time I say happy, it's it's like optimism in my voice.
Speaker 4: I know, I know.
Speaker 2: I feel the way of the world too, I really do, I really do.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 9: I had a comment about the Olympics. I don't know if you noticed there was a little girl in that table too.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, right next with the trans guy that was running around.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and well yeah, and right next to her with his junk hanging out of his shorts.
Speaker 2: Well you know clearly and Sue, that that little girl was right there. But this is on full display for the entire world. Children watch the opening ceremonies, children can see this. Children have access to social media and see the reposts of this outrageous behavior, so you can't hide it from them, whether they're there or not. But yeah, it was a great illustration of how disgusting and reprehensible this was.
Speaker 11: Sick. It's just the sick summing it up.
Speaker 2: Well, so summing it up well, sick yeah, hay. Money is try to find a reason to be happy, soue. You're living in America, You're alive, you have access to the morning show, you can invent your spleen. There's a whole bunch of reasons be happy. You probably maybe get You're married, have children, I don't know. Just look for the one thing in your world that will put a smile on your face in the face of all this what seems to be collectively gloom and doom. Otherwise they win six twenty five. If you five k see the talk station whose Atte Lows Camp? You win with Suseette. Every time you call Susette Low's Camp for mortgage related issues, you are in the best possible hands with the best possible person. She really is wonderful human being. You love working with her, which is important because this is one of the most expensive financial transactions most people are ever engaged in. See want someone is going to get you through the process as quickly and painlessly as possible. That will be Susette did that for my daughter and got her financing. I think within just a couple of days, just one phone call and my daughter was so happy. He's like, oh, thank you for referring me over to Susette. They were getting kind of a run around with a bank. The process was just taking a long time. Now with Suzette Low's Camp, she's licensed in all fifty states and the Puerto Rico as well because she's with Cross Country Mortgage, so she can help you wherever you happen to be listening from. Never with a junk fee or an application fee. You get great rates at the low cost from the most experienced person in the mortgage industry with more than thirty five years. Reverse mortgages. They do those whether it's good for you or not. You talk to your financial planner about that. Getting some cash out of your home's equity. Yes, you can do that in first time buyer as well. Call right now if you once, you'll get right back with you today five one three three one three fifty one seventy six three one three fifty one seventy six center an email, same things, should get right back. So is that dot Low's camp? Los Kamp? So is that dot Low's Camp at CCM dot com? Fifty five KRC SIXOT thirty here fift about KRCD talk station a happy Monday. Try to make it happy anyway. Yes, I understand, I truly do, and I want to just tack this on. It's not local stories, but just to conclude my thoughts related to, you know, the concerns of her terrorism. The threat the shutdown of the train system, which is being viewed as some act of sabotage or terrorism that's in France. Of course, came up in the context of the insanity going on in the opening ceremonies. But real quick here, and you know, it's almost like we're just waiting for it. The FBI director has been screaming out loud about the potential terrorist threats. We literally have terrorists coming across the southern border, interactions with them, they've been identified. We've got an insane open border situation. We're going to be living the reality of that for decades to come. I don't think Donald Trump will be able to unring that bell. He's not going to go around and deport it between ten and twenty million people in spite of the you know that being this some sort of you know, Nirvana of solutions, I don't see how it can be implemented. But look at this, I mean, you consider our vulnerabilities. We've had, you know, random attacks on power stations and random tag here and there. There was a Nebraska teenager who caused a train derailment. A teenager seventeen years old hadn't been name's been charged with two pelony couns of criminal mischief in Lancaster County Juvenile court. They are moving him into adult Courtly said they've moved to do that caused these BNSF cars to veer off the tracks near Bennett And in April twenty first trains didn't flip over. One of them crashed into an empty coal car three hundred and fifty thousand dollars worth of damage. Conductor tried to make an emergency stop, ran out of time to do it. He told investigators. A misaligned switch sh near a crossing caused a crash. He noted the padlock for the switch had been missing, indicating had been tampered with. A team described as a train enthusiast in the court documents one who alerted authorities. He was still on the scene when the authorities showed up. He approached the investigator to ask what caused the crash. The investigators say they didn't know That's when the teenager said, obviously a switch was flipped the wrong way. He showed the investigators the video he took. Denied trespassing in the area, but he was allegedly spotted setting up a camera and tripod near the crossing four minutes before the derailment. A seventeen year old can derail a train by just cutting a padlock. Hmm, one single human being, and that could have been extremely devastating. Can you imagine if they targeted a train that had, oh, I don't know, maybe hazardous chemicals on it? Might that disrupt the lives of a city like oh maybe pick a random city like Palestine, Ohio. Just saying something out loud, you know. Anyway, over the local stories here you can draw your own conclusions and just make your brewing choices. Accordingly, my wife sent me a text, are we going to have to change beers now? Sunday? Supporters for President Donald Trump held a big rally here at Blue Ash Brewing, while Vice President Kamala Harris supporters held a rally at Mad Tree Brewing. We have a commissioner's race we need to keep our eyes on coming up in November two. Adam Taylor is a great guy. Emont County Commissioner Lisa Ree spoke at the Harris Rally and again Trump Rally, Big Ash Brewing Harris Rally, Mad Tree Brewing. I'll let you decide. Search cruise of the Ohio Lansar Search and Rescue or searching for a twenty one year old woman's been missing since June along with Union Township Police, Ohio Landstar Research and Rescue Emma elect said that she was last seen June twenty eighth in Beachmont Terry Grove area, wearing a purple snuggie, could be mistaken in pink from a distance. Also could be wearing knee high socks that say TUTSI roll on them in three to four inch lettering five feet six weighing one forty. Suffers from severe mental illness as as and is in need of medication. Keep your eyes peeled. If you have any information or whereabouts, please get in touch with the Union Township Police Department seven five two twelve thirty or Ohio Lansar Search and Rescue at six three three twelve thirty. Keep your eyes peeled. Speaking of trains, we got a woman hit by a cell phone hit by a train, while talking on a cell phone would be better if she was hit by a cell phone while while talking to a train anyway, walking along the tracks with talking on a cell phone happened this morning about two o'clock in the morning, west North Bend Road near Vankirk Avenue and Carthage. Conductor told police he called nine one one after hear what sounded like the train hitting a deer. Miraculously, the woman suffered a cut to her face. Take over a nearby hospital and she is expected to recover. So so wost say the hand of God intervened in that one. Others will say she got lucky. Six point thirty five fifty five krc DE Talk Station USA Insallation's Premium phone, the highest our value phone on the market, the ultimate no brain. It always has been, always will be, even if you don't get a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit, but you're going to get one of those. By insulating your home, you get greater comfort, immediately, more comfortable home. It's a noticeable improvement. Less sound, even distribution of your HVAC, whether it's air or heat you're running. And of course in the summertime, we know what you're running so cool your home for less money, which I think is almost a more important point than the comfort, although comfort is really important, but saving money every month, the product pays for itself over time, and USA is going to give you a free attic insulation free when you pay for the extra walls to have that phone injected into them. So you have either no insulation in that wall or it could be under insulated, depending upon where your home was built. So mid seventies is the cutoff date, so after that you may have insulation. But if it's like my daughter's house, are twelve deteriorated over decades, then you need the phone. And that's why we got the phone for her in her new home for a wet housewarming gift. So three eight one three six two six and again twelve hundred dollars from the federal government for doing what's going to benefit you immediately three eight one three six two six three eight one phone. It's a free quote and free inspection, so just go ahead and give them a ring. You want to learn more, check out the website USA Insallation dot net.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Six forty here fifty five krcdpok station Imitation to call if you have something you'd like to talk about. Maybe somebody haven't touched upon yet. There is a whole lot going on out there. Five one three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talk TWN five fifty on at and t phone, pivoting away from the Olympic opening games. Uh and the offense or the opening ceremony and all the offense that created. And what's the point of that. Well, they said it was to unify. They apologized, said we didn't mean anything by it. Come on, it's all about unity. It's all about bringing people together. No intent to disrespect any religious group. Celebrate community tolerance. That was a statement from the organizers of the Olympics in response to the outrage over the insult to Christians and Christianity generally speaking. Well, apparently Tajikstani's Judoka Nili em Omali didn't get the message that it was all about unity and community tolerance. He refused to shake hands with Israeli opponent Tohar Football following their match on Sunday. Emmamali, who won the match, chose to walk off the mat without the customary post match gesture and adding insult to injury. People there pointed out that he said Alua Akbar while holding up a prayer symbol known as the finger of tau weed, which is described as referring to the Islamic belief that there are is no God but Allah and Mohammed. His prophet wasn't familiar with the finger of Tawei before I saw the reporting on this thanks to Hannah Grossman over Fox nineteen among others who reported about this incident. Emmamali competed against then Japanese Olympian Hafumi Abe, which ended in brutal fashion. According to the reporting. At the end of the match, Abbe slammed Emmamali to the ground. Emmamali reached his left arm towards the ground, but the force of the fall and the weight of Abe ready caused his arm to bend and dislocate. Had to be carried out by Olympic staff members. Due to the severity of his injuries, many are referring to this as an instant karma moment. Well, he got what he deserved and so far as that is concerned. But again, and moving on to local politics, statewide politics, described as the first time since his Senate career began. Senator Sharon Brown did not get Ohio's Fraternal Order of Police endorsement for re election. A FOP in two thousand and six endorsed Senator and now Governor Mike DeWine, who lost his seat to Brown in an upset. Since then, Brown has won the support of law enforcement. Not this year. Courton Mike Wyman, a high FOP spokesman and retired officer who's paralyzed in the line of duty, and God bless him for his service. It came down to a tweet. He said there was a shooting here and shared instead of taking time to listen and talk to us and understand the situation, did what all these people do now and got on his phone. Brown made a comment, it's a shame now that instant he's referring to as the twenty twenty one incident when Columbus police officer Nicholas reared and fatally shot sixteen year old mckeah Bryant to responded to a domestic violence call. He got to the scene to find Bryant swinging a knife at a woman, which she kept swinging even after officer reared and repeatedly shouted to her get down. Mike Wyman, FOP spokesperson speaking with the Post, said when we arrived, he was complete chaos. She was using a weapon on an unarmed person, so he had to unfortunately use his service weapon to neutralize the scene. Nobody in that house, including the officer, is happy that happened, let me tell you, but Brown spoke out quickly against the officer and a lot of people I think remembered that during the vote. Amen Senator tweeted one day after that shooting, tying it to the former Minneapolis police officer's conviction for killing George Floyd in a tweet that I'm sure he now regrets, he wrote while the verdict was being read in the Derek Chauvin trial, Columbus police shot and killed a seventeen year old girl. Her name was Mackaya Bryant. She would be alive right now. Hmm. Brian's death also apparently sparked black Lives Matter protest because Rearden was a white officer and she was a black person again swinging a knife in a very violent fashion representing a threat to life and limb officer cleared a wrongdoing with a grand jury decline to charge him. After the review found that the shooting was justified. Wyman also said further, quote unquote statements from shared Brown about police may have cost him votes too. He said, people here are people here genuinely know where he stands on things like George Floyd and qualified immunity. Our voters know their stuff, and he just wasn't being clear enough about where he stands. Brown has always been great for supplies, vests, helping us get resources, but I think now our people aren't as sure that they can trust him. Now. That's sad. That doesn't mean Burnie Marina is going to get the FOP endorsement because he wasn't on the list, said Wineman. This person said it was procedure over politics. In the past, of a candidate failed to get the votes on the floor, a member could make a motion to suggest a new name and we could have an immediate direct vote on that. This year we changed that only names from the screening committee could be voted on, and only Brown made it past them. The committee passed on Moreno, apparently dud to his lack of political experience. Wineman said, he's too new, great businessman potential for sure, but he has to prove it like Vance did. That referred to the twenty eighteen vote when JD. Vance was able to get the endorsement over more experienced competitors. He said, Vance really worked for it, he campaigned Moreno, just ran out of time, Wineman said. And apparently the High Fop's not going to be making any other additional state wide endorsements this election year. So congratulations, Senator Sharon Brown, you stepped in it. One more thing to remember when you vote in November. Who is strong on law enforcement? See Kamala Harris's record, well doc, heumented, defund the police politician she is. It's another one. She's trying to duck around these days with the mainstream media covering her tracks. Oh no, by the way, she was not in charge of the border. Let's get that down. Six forty seven fifty five krc DE talk Station twenty two three are Route forty two between Mason Elebanon. It's a great gun store, it's a great indoor shooting range, and it's run by fantastic people. The owners are truly wonderful, wonderful folks. So tell Wendy and Jeff Bryan said, Hi, when you get into twenty two three Route forty two between Mason Elebanon. Yeh, go on the range, you will truly appreciate. It's the safest indoor range you'll have ever been on. Range safety officers are there, it's extraordinarily clean, and they offer classes there. So if you want to learn how to shoot a gun, then there's a class for you. If you already know and you want to hone those skills, there are multiple classes, including the CCW class, which is important if you're planning on traveling with your firearm. Check your local state rules. Many many states in order for you to enjoy reciprocity to require that you have a CCW license from the state of your residence. And there you go, right there at twenty two three. You can get that and learn some skills while you're at it. A wonderful selection of firearms, all the accessories you can imagine, you know, shooting bags and ammunition of course, cleaning supplies. They really have it all and you're gonna love the staff there. They're great. Also, they have a gunsmith. So I've covered most of it. You can get all the information online at twenty two three dot com. The number twenty two followed by the word three spelled out twenty two to three.
Speaker 4: Dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who love Greenbatcher that is six fifty almost six fifty two here fifty about their CD talk station. Try to have a decent Monday anyway, it's a caller earlier. It's like happy Monday. I know, I know, interruesting, I get it. One of the topics talk about Diheart media aviation ext for Jay Rattliffe all the time is the spiraling at a spiraling, out of control situation at Boeing obviously in connection with the aircraft and the Boeing seven thirty seven, most notably the Max and the problems that they had. I mean even he he'll do anything in his power to not fly on one of those specific aircrafts. That's not all Boeing aircrafts, but Boeing obviously has some well manufacturing problems and oh my god, how would you feel if you were Butcher Whitmore and Sanita Williams. Those are the two astronauts who are stranded on the International Space Station because the thruster failures and a helium link and they're Boeing star Liners spacecraft. Frightening situation this past Thursday, NASA's Commercial Crew Program Manager Steve Stitch, speaking with reporter, said, we don't have a major announcement today relative to a return date. We're making great progress, but we're just not quite ready to do that. They have yet to formulate a return for the Starliner aircraft. He did emphasize the ultimate goal is to bring those two astronauts back to Earth on the spacecraft. Well, isn't that a noble goal. They've been up there more than fifty days. Apparently that thing has a lifespan of ninety NASA has rated star for ninety days in space. They took off on June fifth. Starlight had described as one of two private spacecraft that take astronauts from the Earth to the International Space Station, along with SpaceX's Crew Dragon. Boeing lagging behind Crew Dragon and Cargo Dragon for years, and that's been facing years of challenges. You got to put your life in the hand of Boeing. I mean, this is I mean really putting your life in the hands of Boeing. I know, aircraft fly back and forth all the time, and it's apparently safer statistically than getting in your car and driving to work. But you're stuck in space. You're stranded in space, and you've got to rely on Boeing, who apparently was testifiring its thrusters over the weekend to see if they work. We're going to fire all those thrusters to a number of pulses, just to make sure before we undocked that the whole system performs the way we expected it and the way it did last time we checked it. Not exactly confidence inspiring Boeing these days, As Jo always points out, I guess the stock would be in the toilet, completely in the toilet, although it was down from its eyes by a lot, if the government did not have massive numbers of contracts with Boeing. Yeah, you can't just swap out Boeing for somebody else. It takes too long. Look at the back orders of aircraft. You can't just turn to air Bus and say, hey, can you fill the order for a thousand aircraft? I need them now. So anywell, I'm certain the FAA is diligently investigating this one as well.
Speaker 11: Eh.
Speaker 2: If I've won three seven, four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eighty two to three, talk with pound five fifty on AT and T phones, got some stuff to talk about, of course after the top of the UR news, including some positive developments for Indiana schools and uh well, more reasons why you need to get the hell off of TikTok. Get the hell off of TikTok. Trust Dave Hatter. You don't need to listen to me. I've drawn my conclusions based upon the comments from Dave Hatter. It is not someplace you want to be, and I'll give you the reasons why I stick around. We got that plus Christopher Smith and at seven thirty I could we can stick around.
Speaker 4: Donald Trump is it's what motivates your.
Speaker 12: Vote the biggest unifier for the Democrat.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC the talk station, the past the torch for a new generation. This race and we have an election to win is changing by the minutes. Where knows what's going to happen on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 13: I used to believe everything I'd see on the news, but that's before I discovered a brain.
Speaker 14: A brain is meant for everyday use. Those living with moderate to severe stupidity have seen immediate improvement in common sense.
Speaker 4: With a brain.
Speaker 13: I thought the government had my best interest at heart, and then a friend told me about a brain.
Speaker 4: Talk to your.
Speaker 14: Doctor about what new sources you obey. A brain may also lower your desire to take life altering advice from celebrities.
Speaker 4: Getting lectured about my carbon footprint from people with three.
Speaker 14: Private jets used to make sense, But thanks to a brain, now I can think for myself every day.
Speaker 4: When my disregard for third grade biology began to flare up, I knew it was time for a brain.
Speaker 14: Do not try a brain if you're allergic to a brain. Common side effects may include accountability discernment, homeschooling your kids, a better understanding of economics, awareness of the stupidity of socialism, and.
Speaker 15: Diarrhea for tethering yourself the reality.
Speaker 4: The only no brainer is choosing a brain. Ask your doctor if a brain is right for you.
Speaker 14: For more information, visit tryobrain dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Joe, I saw that over the weeknded like, yeah, you need to get the audio from this one. Try a brain. Try critical thinking. It's seven oh seven and feel free to try call it in here to look about there in the morning show. You got something to say, I'd love to hear from you. Five one three seven eight hundred eight two three Taco with Time five fifty on AT and T phones. But you have got caresy dot com is always reminder of the iHeart media apps right there waiting before we downloaded. You can listen to it on your smart device, which you're not going to be able to use if you're a student in Indiana this school year. And what a wonderful development that they've gone to in Indiana. I wish more school districts would embrace this. So you got eybody going off to school here soon, first day back at Dearborn and Ohio County students. Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb has signed two bills that he did back in March that are now in effect for this school year Wednesday, July thirty. First I guess is when they're going back to school there? That seems too early. That's not right anyway. Under has new law, cell phones, tablets, laptops and gaming devices utilized for personal use are now prohibited in the classroom. And it just really strikes me as odd how they could ever been allowed in a classroom. Lawrenceburg Community School Superintendent Carl Gaily, speaking with Fox nineteen, the cell phone should be off and put away or a lot of our teachers do have certain areas where they can turn them in turned off and they can be there during the class period. You get them back at the end of the day. Exceptions on when they can be used, like, for example, educational purposes with a teacher's permission, or to manage a student's health. Students with disabilities can use the devices, and cell phone use is permitted for emergencies only. According to Galleon the statement, will the teachers have the power to confiscate the phones if it's being used. If it goes off, then they may take it and turn it into the administrators. They will return it at the end of the day, but then it starts then increasing consequences after that, which detention or Friday school apparently is going to be the most severe punishment for repeat offenders. So there's also a nutruency law that was passed applying to K through six graders. Dearborn in Ohio counties have collaborated with the Juvenile Courts, Prosecutor's office and probation officers the Department of Child Services that take steps forward to include high schoolers as well, so six excused absences are permitted on elementary level grades. In grades six through twelve, four excused absences are permitted. So once you start accumulating the unexcused absences, it will start leading to letters from the school, letters from the probation department, visits from the probation Department or child Services, and eventually, potentially, if it gets too severe, could lead to a visit front, a visit with the circuit court judge. According to the superintendent, so I think those are positive developments. Kids need to be in school, of course, maybe those kids are being homeschooled, taking the advice that Joe Chrekker played at the top of the hour, because you got a brain. But at least the cell phones are out of the classroom and that's a good thing. And get the hell off at TikTok. We hear this from Dave Hatter all the time. Now it's a national security threat corner the Justice Department. TikTok collected data about its user's views on a lot of different sensitive topic as well as censoring various contact at the direction the Chinese based parent company, reads Chinese Communist Party Court. To this announcement on Friday by the Justice Department, sensitive topics they tracked on TikTok including your views on gun control, abortion rights, religion, as well as political views. These details are made publican court filings late Friday in response to a federal lawsuit that TikTok filed arguing that a new law requiring a sale or ban of that app violates free speech rights for millions of Americans under the banner of national security. Now that law bans Chinese backed TikTok in the United States unless a parent company, unless the parent company, ByteDance, divests the platform by mid January. Senior Justice Department officials said in the statement, the collection of data from Americans is not a protected activity. They've previously defended their data collection practices, safeguarding the privacy and security of people who use TikTok as one of our top priorities, they have said in the past. But now we've come to find that no, they are in collecting all this sensitive data and funneling it over to the Chinese government. Chinese Communist Party Justice partman Elsa said TikTok had a history of censoring contact and manipulating its algorithm at the direction of byte Dance, the Chinese Communist Party directed company. Justice Department officials said TikTok us, by its own admission, is merely a conduit for content moderation on decisions made by the Chinese elites. Justice Department said TikTok's proposal to store US user data and server here in the United States is insufficient to protect the data because TikTok employees relied on the Chinese parent company, byte Dance, developed software to share the information and at times sent significant amounts of restricted US information to China. They concluded this based on revelations that TikTok employee had sent significant amounts of restricted US user data to colleagues in China using Byteedance's internal com communication system, a thing called Lark, which byte Dance operated on servers in China, meaning that those communications were stored there and accessible by ByteDance employees located in China. Here's an interesting one for those out there concerned about their sexual orientation. I read the article about the priest who's suing Grinder for releasing his information that he was using Grinder and going to gay bars and stuff, saying it was a violation of his privacy. Wall Stet Journal had previously reported the TikTok tracks users who watched gay content. TikTok said. The dashboard that employees used to access this has been deleted if you trust them on that. And the scary figure in all of this is that more than half of the United States adults age eighteen to twenty nine actually used TikTok. Pew Research did the number crunching on that one. And you know why, It's because it's popular. I got to be there. I don't care the collecting my data. They censored speech on behalf of the Chinese government corner of the Justice Department core filings as well. National security officials have regularly warned a potential dangers from the China application, but declaration from Casey Blackburn in the Office Director of National Intelligence provided details. Intelligence reporting further demonstrates that Bye Dance and TikTok Global have taken action in response to Chinese government demands to censor content outside of China. So say Blackburn in allegal brief. Now, apparently that point that he made there that I just read described as sandwich between heavy redactions, making it not precisely clear whom TikTok allegedly censored and what information the Chinese government wanted hidden. But consider the number of people who regularly used TikTok half of all eighteen to twenty nine year olds, and many of them get their news exclusively from TikTok. Do you think the Chinese Communist Party might have some interest in being biased on what content you read or what it elevates? Answers, Yes, it does. It should US governed a lot unclassified and unclassified information to collect and evaluate the threat that TikTok poses. According to Blackberg's declaration, in this heavily redacted a legal brief Justice Department file ince to the national security harms from China's authority over TikTok's owners included enabling the blackmail and coercion of Americans and the identification of covert US intelligence officers and assets. US officials have also had concerns that China could be used could use byteedance to recruit and develop intelligence assets. Well, we have threats both foreign and domestic under those circumstances, now, don't we? Justice Department filing said, and I quote The threat that byte dance or TikTok could easily manipulate the algorithm to promote or suppress certain content is not an abstract one, TikTok and Byte Dance employees regularly engage in a practice called heating, in which certain videos are manually promoted to achieve a certain number of video reviews, in other words, elevating content that the Chinese Communist Party desires you to see and having you consume it, influencing the hearts and minds of already paralyzed Americans as we had on into November. The kids are on TikTok, Ask them why get them spread this information around? And you have intelligence community assets and the idea of blackmails is pretty profound here now.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: The United States governments said no, you can't have TikTok on government devices, but those folks in the intelligence community and otherwise do have their own devices and may very well be on TikTok considering how popular it is. It only takes, as Dave regularly points out, a handful of data points on any given platform for them to easily figure out who exactly you are, even if the data is anonymized. AI artificial intelligence algorithms go quickly to work, and they fare through all this stuff, and they regularly draw the lines and connect you to other people, which of course could reveal whether or not you have any connection with the federal government or intelligence or any other area American military, for example, Oh, this person has a whole bunch of friends in the American military. Maybe that person is in the American military. Let's use a few more data points and figure it out. This is how it all comes together, folks seven to seventeen fifty five kr C detalk station. Let us see here. Every Federal Credit Union always sing the praises of banking with Emery, and you will too if you bank with Emory. To learn more about banking with the Marie and the benefits of banking, go to EMORYFCU dot org. It was nineteen thirty nine when Emory Federal Credit Union Credit Union open its doors. Here we are eighty five years later, and they're now celebrated all the history and accomplishments of the organization and offering special discounts and public events that you're not going to want to miss. All on EMORYFCU dot org. The details are right there. Now you can also celebrate this milestone. Here's a discount, actually not a discount, it's an increase boost your savings deposit. They're offering a certificate rate right now as high as five point two percent for six months. That's not a bad short term investment right there. So five point two percent six months. Check out the certificate details. Certain restrictions apply and this is a limited time offer again. Emory FCU dot Org NMLS number four zero one zero eight seven, federally year insured NCUA. They are an equal housing lender.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KERCD talk station Christopher Smith Amen, coming up next for the Smither event every Monday at seven thirty. Over to the phones. I go five on three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred two three talk. Let's see what Sunny's got to say today. Sunny, happy Monday to you. At least try to make it so.
Speaker 16: How's it going, brother? I always enjoy your commentary.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Sonny, I truly appreciate it.
Speaker 16: Well, we appreciate you, man because you always tell it as it is.
Speaker 2: That's right. I try to Well, we want to talk about.
Speaker 16: Your TikTok coverage there.
Speaker 17: This is one of the reasons why the government is trying to take it away from its owners and have essentially a government or private entities on it here because they could control the content because there are obviously certain subject matters that to consider taboo or other things that millennials are not brainwashed with. But more importantly, Davia Brahmaswami brought the fact that obviously Nikki Haley's daughter was on TikTok, and he brought that up and he's like, well, you're on TikTok too. He's like, well, yeah, I can reach in here and tag them graphic that way. So but the thing is, and I've tried TikTok for a short time, I think it's boring. You know, a lot of the content is just mind. I mean, every now and then you find a creator that actually has something like I saw girls taking scrap metal and making really cool figurines and.
Speaker 16: Stuff out of welding.
Speaker 17: Yeah, now that was a cool cha But for the most part, a lot of stuff on her craft with a lot of politicians.
Speaker 16: Know, you want to get the young demographics to vote, that's the way to go.
Speaker 17: It's a lot of social media's already control, like Fascist Book and other places. Sure Winner has gotten better, but I don't think it's still there yet because it's still conservative voices being centered.
Speaker 16: So that's a problem.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know, taking the TikTok platform and making it a US based company doesn't change the nature of our lords and masters on in given side of the political ledger filtering the content. I mean, we know the federal government was sitting in the offices of Facebook and other social media companies directing the content and censoring and filtering content. So whether it's a Chinese Communist Party doing it or the United States government doing it, it's still filtering of content that they, in their infinite wisdom, deem objectionable or alternatively elevating content that they want everyone to read and see. But you make a great point. If that's where half of the eighteen to twenty nine year olds are most assuredly on the platform, that's what politicians want to reach. So it's like a vicious cycle. On one hand, you know what the Chinese Communist Party is doing with the data, you know it's nefarious and you know it can be put to nefarious purposes. And yet if you don't participate, you're going to denied access to all these millions of people out there in the world. So do we take the good with the bad, or do we just try to collectively realize that TikTok is bad in and of itself and voluntarily choose to walk away from it, which would be, in my little libertarian mind, the best way to approach it, which is why I bring it up. You have a choice. No one's forcing you to join these platforms. You have to make an educated decision. When I see what the Chinese Communist Party is doing and I don't want to do anything to benefit them, I choose not to participate. That keeps me out of the loop with the eighteen to twenty nine year olds, I guess, but you know here, I am nonetheless appreciate the call. I really do, Sonny. I hope you have a fantastic day. Form decisions. Remember it's brain, use it, exercise logic and reason, and make informed choices. Seven twenty five at five KC. The doxtation, I mean, really, you don't need the government to take it away from you. Just deprive yourself of it by deleting it. An idea calling electric for all your residential electric needs projects, improvements, whatever it happens to be. You want to call my friends at Colin Electric aplus with a better business. Baro family in an operated celebrating twenty five years of putting smiles on people's faces when it comes to the price as well as the customer service, and they do a wonderful job with both license electrician doing the solving your problems. Like it's dark in my house, I need can lights. That was one of my problems. Going did a great job. My only regret is I didn't call them a lot of years ahead of time. The benefits of those lights are absolutely fantastic, and I'm a big believer in the LED lighting solutions these days because they don't look like real harsh and bright and sort of non incandesse and bullby looking. Yet you can get a huge spectrum of light out of these different can lights, and in fact they're changeable, so if you wanted to change the spectrum down the road at some point, it's easy to do on the cant light itself. And they last such a long time, and they also are energy savers. So here's me I've changed my mind because they have be come so improved. They're a multitude of LED lighting solutions, and of course Culen can manage all of those, from rewiring your entire home to just installing an outlet ten year wiring warranty for anything that they're doing for you. So confidently call them and you can five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two Tell Andrew and the crew. Brian said Hi when you do, call them. More informations online Cullen, c U, L E and coll On Electriccincinnati dot com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: By the time, spotty afternoon storms, very muggy, eighty four overy, night seventy damaging winds and showers and storms likely tomorrow, warning storms occasionally isolated rain. After that, partly cloudy, very humid and a high of ninety muggy overnight seventy one for the low with storms possible. And on Wednesday, mostly sunny day, though there is a chance of showers and storms. Wednesday's home in ninety three. It's seventy four right now.
Speaker 7: Time for traffic from the UCL Tramphic Center that no matter the injury you see, health orthopedic sands, sports medicine redefines, recovering you, get you back to doing what you love. Call five one three, four seven five eighty six ninety highway traffic.
Speaker 2: We're building a bit.
Speaker 7: But I'm still not seeing any major time delays to deal with Cruis are working with an accident on Kilby Below suspension bridge that's in the clean up stages West two seventy five. There's no delay at Love one Shot King Ramont fifty five KRC theat Talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty. Here fifty five KRC Decalk Station Mondays at seven thirty. Regular listeners know it's that wonderful time of the week we get to hear from the form of Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Christopher Smith Aman with the smither vent Christopher, Welcome back to the program. I hope you had a wonderful weekend, my friend.
Speaker 12: I did. Brother, thank you so much for having me on, Brian Thomas that I always look forward to to coming on your show on Mondays and just sharing my thoughts about the previous week of what's happening.
Speaker 2: And there's so much material, so much.
Speaker 12: One of the things I'll share with you, brother, is I want you to know you're my brother, and it has nothing to do with race politics. It's just the connection and danger. And the danger in today's political climate is that once the vice president was appointed as the new you know top candidate for president for the Democratic Party, that the division, the language of of making us not like each other based on any number of things, whether it's identity politics, whether we call it, whether it is gender politics, whether it is race politics. It just ratcheted up to a whole nother level last week. Unbelievable. And if we're not careful in this country, we're not going to like our neighbors. And I just continue to encourage your listening audience to reject this stuff and make sure that they stay focused on the issues like inflation. Like you know, people are hurting so bad when they go to the grocery store just trying to buy orange juice, eggs, milk, chicken beef. I mean, those are the issues that the everyday American is trying to deal with. Brian Thomas is just trying to pay their bills, their duke energy bill, their gas and electric bill, their water bill, their house nots are their rent that have spiked. So that is what people will vote. They're not going to get caught up. Now, there will be people on each side to get caught up in the identity politics, but those of us who are down the middle, who really are trying to make it like every day, like get up, send our kids to school, pick up up, make sure they get a good education, that kind of stuff. Man, we are just not going to get caught up in this craziness. We just want to be able to go buy our orange juice and our and our eggs and our meat and be able to feed our families. And right now that is very difficult to do under this current administration.
Speaker 2: Well, there's no question about that. And you know, I find the efforts to whitewash all that if I can use that term without sounding like I'm a racist or something. Christopher, you know what, walk You know, it's just like crazy. Everything can be construed as depending on what someone's perspective is. But in the media trying to you know, not only like for example, when he comes to Kamala Harris and her prior record, No, no, she is, she was never The borders are, is what they're saying now after years of calling it the borders are. You can't unring the bell. It's all out there. The Internet is a permanent thing, and so trying to tell us that everything is great, the Bidenomics is great, although not using that phrase anymore. Bidenomics because it's toxic to the Democrats. But to stare us in the face and talk about how wonderful everything is in the face of that those specific realities. You don't have to be a poor person to look at the grocery bill and realize the price of groceries has gone through the roof over the past couple of years. It's simply a fact. Same time, you know, when Brian James comes on it at eight oh five, one of the topics the one million dollar starter home is becoming the norm. I mean, if that's not just a smack in the face of how unaffordable things are, what else could possibly be? That's what we are all living right now. So say what they want. You can't hide behind the bills that you're paying right now in front of your face.
Speaker 12: And when you throw in fuel, college education, these basic things that you know middle class families are trying to do. And then you hear the Democratic Party saying they want to forgive all of these student loans. Who is going to pay for that? Is that will increase inflation? You and I have worked our butts off, saved money to send our kids to school, at least pay a portion of it. While they're working their way through school. We're closing the gap, whatever the scenario is, so that they had either lower student loan debt or no student loan debt. But it was a tremendous sacrifice for my late wife Pamela and I to do.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 12: Insenses me that, you know, all of a sudden, you have the President just saying with a magic wand I'm going to just get rid of all of this student loan debt as if it's free and you and I aren't going to pay for it. That's the kind of stuff if people wake up and they just think through that, the absurdity of that and how unfair it is. And my youngest son who went into the Middle military, meaning he went directly from high school active duty in the military, and he's been there four years. He's coming out in August, as a matter of fact, he's coming home. But he is going to use his eighty thousand dollars that he got from the military, meaning his veteran benefit, in order to send in order for him to get a college education. But he gave four years of his life to the military. What do you say to Caleb who spent his four years in the military and the person that decided. Hey man, instead of me going to Ohio State where I got accepted, I went to Harvard. I got two hundred thousand dollars in a student loan debt. Hey, I'm just going to forgive that. What about all our kids that are serving our country well?
Speaker 2: And the kids that went to the trade schools and the adults who went to the trade schools didn't pursue a college education. There's more people out there that didn't go to college than did. I mean, I guess I look at it in two ways. One, yes, obviously he's trying to buy votes for his party, buying votes from among those who still have an outstanding student loan. Fine, they're all giddy with excitement that they got their free thing from the government. But is it a winning strategy for all the people out there who are looking disc Well, wait a second, this isn't fair either. I paid off my student loan and busted my hump to do it and tightened my belt in order to do that. It's been discharged. I did the right thing. Where's my slice? Or alternatively, those that didn't go down that road went to a trade school, otherwise just went out and got a job. They're paying for this debt relief for those people out there with a college education that was supposed to give them a leg up economically on those who didn't go to college. I don't.
Speaker 12: I can't think that you think the voters understand that.
Speaker 2: I'd like to think they do, Christopher, But you know what, I'm starting to question my my belief in the prudence and intelligence of the American public generally speaking, so personally, I'm still trying to be optimistic that people see through it. I don't know anymore in this in this political landscape, Christopher, hold on right, have time going to come bring it back as I always do. After I mentioned affordable imaging services. I love saying money and I love well telling the powers of authority what to do and doing something different. Because your power of authority in this particular case is your doctor. Your doctor is part of a hospital system. In most cases, they're going to keep the money in house, so you're going to get refer to the hospital imaging center for the MRIs, the CT scans, ultrasounds, and echo cardigrams, where it's going to cost you a ton of money, even if you have insurance. Do you have a deductible, do you have a copay? Is there any out of pocket liability you can find out ahead of time. My favorite illustration is Jeff who called the hospital ahead of time and found out that after his insurance payment he was going to have to pay thirty one hundred dollars out of his own pocket for the echo cardiogram that he needed. Nope, he said, he heard me talk about affordable imaging services where he only paid four hundred and ninety five dollars, No ups, no extras, that's all it costs, and that price includes the board certified radiologists report, equipment is the same professionals operating it, the radiologists reports identical or anything you get from the hospital. So why spend outrageous amounts when you have a choice. So don't go there, find out the information and advance you find out it will be in your financial best interest to go with affordable imaging services five to one three seven five three eight thousand, seven five three eight thousand. Learn more online go to Affordable medimaging dot com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC men over forty five Do you have a frequent urgent need to urinate or a week flow some.
Speaker 2: Forty two if you have KCD talk station. My friend Jeff got back on me. He always does a big smiley face Hello to the crew, Jeff and Marc on tool Company. He's so happy he saved thirty one hundred dollars. He always is chiming in. Christopher smitheman with a smithervan. What else is on your mind to day? My friend brother listen.
Speaker 12: I was talking to somebody last week and they were all fired up Brian Thomas about a particular candidate. I'm not going to get into which candidate because it didn't matter to me once the person said that they never voted in their life and nor had their spouse, and so what I don't what I don't under stand is people that are so fired up about this election and are not registered voters. And as much as we see the voter turnout is going to be high, there's still so many people that are going to be on the sideline. So we're ninety nine days out from the election, but early voting will start in October, and in order for you to register and be a part of this election is going to be sometime in early September, is what I would believe the reality of it is all of us need to be looking at our young people and our families, looking at our elders, even in our family, and encouraging them to register to vote, to update their address so that it matches their Board of Elections wherever they are in the United States of America, so they can participate in this election. And then make sure that you show up. If you have an opinion but you don't register and you don't participate, it doesn't matter. And that just gets under my goat. But I'm like, like, God, like please, like you've got to vote. Do you run into that Brian Towns occasionally?
Speaker 2: Yes, I do. I mean you can't. You can't get away from the fact that a lot of people are apolitical. They don't think they have any time for politics, which is frightening. They don't believe they have any real truth say in the matter, which I understand that frustration. You know, we keep going back to the well, keep hoping things will be different, and it's quite often they just turn out the same or even worse. But you got to participate in the process. And I understand and I can acknowledge that Donald Trump is a divisive guy, that it baked into the entire cake. Is this lightning rod Pavlovian response, that evil orange man, divisive, crazy whatever. But Kamala Harris does not offer anything better. In fact, she offers what looks like a far more radical four years as presidents than anything else you could come up with, which doesn't sit well with other voters. But you're like Trump, Harris, I feel like I have no legitimate choice here. Both of them suck. Why would I want to go and participate in the election. But that overlooks all the important down ballot races, including the ones that impact us most, the local races law enforcement and people who are either pro against law enforcement or judges, and judicial races, local representative, state reps and state senators. These are all critically important to our neighborhood.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, And I would just say, if you know small business owners who really employ people in this country, I think should be sending emails out to their employees and encouraging them to register to vote, and not assume as one as one thing that somebody could do. If they're a small business owner and they're listening, hey, engage the process. Ask your employees. You're not telling them who to vote for. You're just saying, participate in the process. Have voter registration cards you know, you know, around your business, and then allow your staff to submit that to you to your board of elections. The other thing that has me fired up this morning is people that are saying that they're going to lead the country depending on who's elected. Well, here's what I want to tell them. Leave the country now. Don't wait if you don't like if you can't see what's happening on the southern border where people are trying to bum rush to get into the United States of America. No matter what problems we have, this is still the greatest country in the world for someone to live. And if you don't like it, get the hell out, Meaning I will buy your one way ticket if you want to go to Canada. Go to Canada.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 12: I'm just so sick of people saying, hey, man, if I don't get what I want in the elections, I'm going to just pack up my stuff and I'm gonna leave. Well, go leave, you know what I'm saying, Like no one has said the United States of America is a perfect place, but if you don't like it, get out. And I talk about that piece I'm watching people on my TV burn American flag right outside Congress. You got Benjamin Nitt and Yahoo addressing Congress. You got congressional members who refuse to show up, including the Vice President of the United States of America, which I think was a terrible mistakes to our only ally in the Middle East. But then you've got five thousand, ten thousand people outside protesting saying they love Hamas, but they're burning the American flag. They're they're they're uh, they're putting craziness on our monuments, and they're taking our flag down, putting up Palestinian flags in the United or Hamas flag in the United States of America. If you don't like the United States of America, get out, go somewhere else. We're okay with it. Go by train, go by plane, go by foot, go by bike, go by backpack. We don't care. Get out and try to burn a flag in their country. And I guarantee un till you, I guarantee you they.
Speaker 2: Will chop your head off.
Speaker 12: If you go to another country and try to burn their flag, they will chop your head off.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what's interesting amid all this country or discussion Smith Christopher smiling about leaving the country if they don't get what they want by way of the election. Look what so many businesses did over the past more four or five years since COVID. But beyond, what do they do when they found out, Like, for example, California, people fled the state of California because of their woke ideologies and their terrible anti business environment, their outrageous taxation, and the absolute mismanagement of their government over the last several decades. At the point where they got billions of dollars in debt, what did companies do. They exercised their choice. They packed up their bags and they left. California lost billions of dollars, as did New York, as did some other very blue states Illinois hemorrhaging businesses as well. These are people making informed decisions on what's good for them. If I moved to Florida or Texas or fill in the blank, where I'm going to have less taxation and lower regulation, that's good for me. That is the antithesis of embracing woke leftist ideological policies. Christopher, and people act with their pocketbooks and leave, and they stay in the country, but they find a better place because we have a.
Speaker 12: Republic, absolutely, and I want to close with the I've been watching them. We live in a spectacular country. I want to lift up all of the athletes who are participating, even those locally who are winning. You know swimmers who are winning. But let me share something with you, as an African American Catholic family, listen up as a person who supports the LGBTQ plus community, as a person who has a son who is a member of the LGBTQ plus community. I was offended by what I saw on TV and the opening games that someone would take the last Supper right and do that on national TV. The point is that don't try to pigeonhole people who support the LGBTQ plus community to say we can't criticize when when you do something that doesn't make sense, that was offensive too Christians. You don't take the last Supper and make a mockery of it and imagine how many people had to sign off on that, think it's okay and put it up on TV for everybody to see. This is the problem, Brian Thomas. We're living in a world where people think that anything goes, that truth doesn't matter, that truth is relative, and that people can do any damn thing they want to do, they cannot. There are things you can't do, you shouldn't do, that are disrespectful. And I would say that to me was disrespectful. It wasn't because the LGBTQ plus community was doing it. It's because it's the Last Supper, and by the way, that is one of the most center pieces for Christians around the world.
Speaker 2: Amen. And I guess one thing that we do know. We've learned this over time that you can't criticize or mock Mohammed or the Islamic faith and you'll end up getting in big, big, big trouble. Maybe that's why there was no mock up of Mohammad or the Muslim faith. Just the noticeable absence of the other religions being mocked just struck me as rather odd. Vers Smithman always great. Heaving you on the show. Appreciate you taking the time to join my listeners. Get it out of your system every Monday.
Speaker 12: People can follow me on social media at Vote Smitherman. They call it x so they call it Twitter whatever it is. At Vote Smithman is where people can follow me. Thanks Brian Thomas for having me on Cee.
Speaker 2: Always a pleasure, my friend Monday money off the top of the air news Peter should be a Kelowiam Simon Hill is the ultimate real estate agent team. They're outstanding of what they do, getting you that five star experience that only Shabri Group can do, and you know a lot of them areas of Since a real esport and state market like the rest of the country, low inventory, high demand. Of course that can creates an extremely competitive market for buyers. You got multiple offers on one property, you know, bidding wars come out well. To empower the Shabrie Groups home buying clients to beat the competition, Qualified clients can leverage Animax Cash to Keys program by making an offer in cash. Is a buyer with the Shabri Group, you have a better chance of winning the sale for a lower price oftentimes and with better terms. This increases your chance of getting your offer accepted by ninety percent with fewer offers total, making it much more likely you're going to get the home. That's one of their commitments of the five star experience. In one of many programs the Sabree Group offers that nobody else is doing. To get in touch with them, go to seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com. There's links there to send more information or just call them up at five one three seven zero eight three thousand.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station, the exclusive audio home on NBC's coverage of the twenty twenty four Paris Olympics, and E.
Speaker 17: Spreads not hiding their penn total Defocrat, it's giving.
Speaker 18: Us a whole lot to talk about. Fifty five krc E Talkstation eight oh five Here fifty five KRCD Talk Station. Brian Thomas wishine everyone a happy Monday. Try to make it happy anyway.
Speaker 2: In spite of the list of topics we have to go over with Brian James. Monday Monday, Brian James, thanks to all Worth Financial for loan and Brian out every Monday for a few segments we can talk about money related issues. Brian James, Welcome back to the fifty five Cassey Morning Show, my friend, always a pleasure having you on.
Speaker 15: Thank you again for the opportunity to chat with you and your listeners. And let me point out that this is the first Monday in several that we haven't had some major over the weekend headline to deal with really well, if you think about it, I don't know, maybe it's ancient history now, but I'm still going to classify the attempt at assassination and the shift in the election over last weekend a little more interesting than this past weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and weren't, but.
Speaker 2: Still certainly more interesting than the antics at the Paris Olympics, which are dominating a lot of the conversation of late bot whatever. Anyhow, you know, it's funny because the article deals with much much more than the concept revenge spending. But I circled that term because that's a kind of a new economic concept after post COVID people just you know, their their wallets opened up and they started buying things. And I guess now that it's post pandemic, revenge spending is over and hitting corporation's bottom lines. But the revenge spending, it's like, damn it, you kept me in my house and away from social interaction. I'm going to go out and spend a lot of money. Is Is that really what that concept is all about?
Speaker 1: Treat yourself, that's what it's all about.
Speaker 15: Yeah, we have stuck in our houses for long enough that we spent a while catching up for things that we convinced ourselves we deserved, and that has driven the economy for the past several years. We're starting to see that pull back a little bit. People have finally gone Okay, great, I've gotten out. Now we're even, and i need to back off a little bit because I've got different things to focus on. So we are seeing some cooling in a lot of areas.
Speaker 2: And a lot of areas that it sounds to me like people are making prudent choices. I mean, you have a finite amount of money, and when it comes to time that you realize that you have a finite amount of money, that you start pairing back on perhaps what some might call extravagances and things that you really appreciate that you don't need.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so it's interesting some of the company that were contacted in this article to talk about how people are how shifting a spending preferences are happening. So we're seeing companies such as Nestley. Nestli, by the way, owns everything under the sun. If it's a food, it probably belongs to Nestley. So they sometimes go google the brands that are under the NESTLEI Umbrella, and there's an absolute ton of them, and they will absolutely shock you. But they're reporting that they cut their revenue outlook. And and then on the other end of the spectrum, we have a Porsche who is you know that there's a that's a that's a barometer of a consumer, you know confidence there if you're looking at exactly what Porsche is doing. Porsche is acknowledged that, yeah, it's going to be a rough year, but they're not going to change their pricing, so they're not going to take any major.
Speaker 1: Steps to adjust to it. So this doesn't seem.
Speaker 2: Luxury cars would be one of those things that people might decide, well, I don't need a luxury car or that high end a car. I can go with something less expensive. But what I've read about Porsche is a lot of it is supply chain problems. Are still reeling from some of the parts and and things they need to actually manufacture some of the more popular cars.
Speaker 15: Yeah, they're still subject to The automotive industry is still suffering from some of the things that came up during the pandemic, and the fewer of units that you sell, the more that's going to hurt because you can't make any profit margin if you didn't sell one. But that said, it's still not pushing to the point where where Porsche is actually and others are actually making major price cuts. Tesla's a little bit of a different example, but there's a couple other moving parts to that one. But we're seeing some other luxury brands too, like Louis Wuitan's that's known as a business wise LVMH in the in the spotlight in a major way because obviously the Olympics are in Paris and there's a huge focus on luxury and all that kind of stuff. But they're they're reporting a pullback as well, and they feel it's all due to changing customer behavior due to where we are economically.
Speaker 2: Well, you mentioned you hit a nerve with me when you mentioned Louis Vuiton or any of these other high end luxury manufacturers, because you know there is a substantial difference one could argue with, you know, performance and handling and responsiveness and all that with a you know, a Porsche versus a low end Ford. You know there are demonstrable differences between it. I don't necessarily appreciate those differences when it comes to spending thirty thousand dollars on a purse versus one hundred dollars on a purse. Functionally, they all are identical. They hold stuff and things you can buy different sizes. But can you really justify spending tens of thousands of dollars for a very small quantity of leather that is usually manufactured for something less than one hundred dollars by the manufacturer. It's just I don't know. These are the kind of choices that always puzzle me. But you know, if you've got a whole lot of money and you want to urtue you signal you go out and spend thirty thousand dollars on a purse, I guess yeah.
Speaker 15: And the other people that you and I run across every day, you with your late radio listeners, and the mindset of the clients that we have all worth financial None of that stuff makes any sense for the exact reasons you just mentioned. However, for a huge chunk of the global population it does. Let's not forget, the wealthiest person on the face of the earth is the is the CEO of LVMH luxury goods provider.
Speaker 1: So somebody out there is into it.
Speaker 11: Just not us.
Speaker 2: So what do we learn from this other than it really solidifies everything that we sort of perceive. You know, we hear from our elected officials and everything's great. Look, stock markets up, you know, hirings up or whatever, and we're going to get to that. I guess the job market may have changed on us, but to most Americans though, they are out there in the world dealing with these prices and dealing with these choices that they now have to make that they previously didn't, primarily driven by inflationary reality.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and I think the thing I want to point out about it because there is underneath all of this, there isn't a shocking, you know, smoking gun headline, Oh my gosh, we have to start thinking differently because of this. It's really just more of the same, except that we seem to be reaching a sort of a turning point in all of this. But the thing that I want to point out, Brian, is remember.
Speaker 1: Where we were a year and two years ago.
Speaker 15: What happened to all the people who were looking for a recession or a lot of people who are out there saying we're already in a recession. Everybody knows that this is a recession. They just haven't said it yet. Well that's two years ago and we haven't seen anything like it. And I also haven't heard the term soft landing at all anytime soon.
Speaker 1: So on one.
Speaker 15: Hand, I want to think we did have a soft landing because we're not talking about it, which is probably the definition of a soft landing.
Speaker 1: In any case.
Speaker 15: The point is, don't react to these that this is still nothing to react to. In terms of changing the way you do you live your life, know what you need to spend and know what your resources are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and having a budget is really helpful and those to that end. But in terms of the market impact, I mean, if you have a diversified portfolio, presumably you are not heavily invested in luxury items. But then again, Ford has taking a bath on their electric vehicles. They losing billions of dollars a quarter, and they're seems to be no end in sight on that. I saw the other day they had to recall I think it was Toyota had to recall one. They're going to replace one hundred thousand engines. I mean the entire engine for two different lines of automobiles they made because I guess the engine just they crater on you. But you know, Ford also has its recall issues billions of dollars worth, So you know, I presume Ford maybe part of my portfolio somewhere out there. It's reeling from things independent of the economy. It's reeling from people's choices not to buy evs and from its manufacturing problems that resulted in recalls.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and again that's the whole point of having a diversified portfolio. If you bet the farm on Ford's electric vehicles, first of all, I would wonder where where that.
Speaker 1: Idea came from. You likely didn't. You're right, it's in there.
Speaker 15: It's in part of your portfolio, as you probably have an index fund somewhere in the mix. Well, Ford's one of the largest companies in the face of the earth, so it's probably in there. And they're not going to go away overnight over this. But how does this affect what you should be seeing in your portfolio as a rotation most likely from the sexy go go growth stuff to the boring value stuff. This is a pullback in technology, and we've seen the Nasdaq has taken a beating, although it's still it's still in a really strong position. For the year, but it's gotten slashed a lot. Was up about twenty four percent, now it's up something like fifteen percent. They always referred to as the tech heavy NASDAK, and you're seeing a lot of companies like you just stated that aren't doing so well. We already talked a little bit about Tesla. Google is losing money handover fist on ai. They're spending a lot more money than they bringing in. Amazon has put billions of dollars into Alexa and they've gotten millions back, and that's not how you make a good business. So you're starting to see this rotation in investor interest away from technology where it's been for a while, into the more traditional industrial type stuff, and that also is happening, Brian, in anticipation of a potential rate cut in September, but more likely closer to the end of the year. Those are all things that help the value side, not the technology stuff.
Speaker 2: So you're tea leaf reading suggests that they'll if they're going to do an interest rate cut, it's going to come after the election.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean, the bonds are trading in a way that indicates a September cut. But remember, we don't do all our interest rates cutting interest rate cutting at once. You know, the powers that be would very much like to get the attention on the fact that we're cutting interest rates and that's business friendly. I'm sure there are those out there who want that to happen before the election. There are others out there who don't want that to happen because they're rooting for a different outcome. So, but the way you can normally tell by the way the bond market moves when interest rates cuts are coming, and it's looking like Q three Q four this year.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll see if the job market has an any significance in terms of the Fed's decision to cut interest rates. Coming up next, hottest job marketing and a generation is over so as the Wall Street Journal Brian James will break it down for us in the next segment. In the meantime, here's money related point, and that's the cost of your medical insurance, which I'm sure is just in your mind too crazy. Medical insurance is expensive, and many people choose not to get medical insurance because they're facing an out of pocket liability that is just way beyond what they've got in the bank account. You're going to be out of pocket nine thousand dollars before your insurance kicks in. You probably are in many cases won't get the insurance, and many employers see that with their employees. How do you get your employees insured and improve your business's bottom line at the same time. That's one of the things that John Rowlan or the team that Covers since you do every single day. Maybe you're a family, you've got to get your own medical insurance because you're currently uninsured or you're paying too much to your employer. What happens at cover since he is John on the team, do a deep dive individually. Every single person in your family has looked at as an individual, not as a collective group. And the same thing goes with employer insurance. Finding the best package of medical insurance, including dollar one coverage for less money. It works out all the time, and so many people have so satisfied. Get in touch with John and the team so do that. It doesn't cost you anything but time. You're not obligated to do anything except reach out to John and find out if he can save you substantial sums like couples under sixty five save in between a five hundred and one thousand dollars a month with better coverage. I know it sounds impossible. That's why I say give them a try. Five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five start the process. Go to the website, fill out the forum there cover sincey with Wireeye coversincy dot com.
Speaker 10: Fifty five, KARC dot com, Iheartradiokay twenty fifty five, r ce DE talk Station Happy Monday, doing Money Monday with Brian James every Monday for a few segments.
Speaker 2: Not good news. This one obviously a gloomy dude, gloomendoom headline. Hottest job market in a generation is over. Things are still pretty good from an employment standpoint, but the direction things are going is not a positive one. This is all post COVID, the insanity we were dealing with with a job market that completely disappeared and all of a sudden came almost roaring back overnight. And uh, people felt very secure with their ability to get a job and very secure with their ability to keep a job. Maybe not so much anymore. Brian, what's the story on this?
Speaker 1: So we've seen it? What's seen?
Speaker 2: Excuse me?
Speaker 15: Seen a poolback here in jobs being created and a pull up in the unemployment rate. So unemployment rate has gone up to four point one percent. That's the first time it's been above four percent since November of twenty one, So that's what you were just referring to.
Speaker 1: That's peak pandemic time.
Speaker 15: Soah, yeah, we're this is just a pendulum swinging back the other way. Labor market is still pretty robust though, and as we were talking about earlier, there were forecasts not that long ago talking about a huge pullback and hiring and that just has not come to fruition. So gradual tightening of conditions here. And it also varies based on the location of the industry, so that's happening where you might expect it. So the industries that had the most booming growth during the pandemic, leisure and hospitality, are taking the biggest hit. So those job openings there have dropped from a ten and a half percent in April of twenty two down to seven percent April of twenty four. So we've seen a pretty big decline in the industries that benefited the most in the post pandemic era.
Speaker 2: How is all of this impacted by the immigration system. I've this situation. I mean, I've read many articles which suggest the vast majority of the jobs that have been hired or created over the past couple of years went largely to illegal immigrants, either working under the table or getting maybe work visas or something. But I'm just wondering because one of the facts that's in this article, I'm scratching my head over it said, quote you see jobs posted on LinkedIn in one hundred and seventy five to two hundred and twenty five thousand dollars range with job descriptions that are almost identical to a position that would have been two hundred and seventy five thousand dollars a few years ago. I don't think that is the type of job they're talking about when they say immigrants have taken them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree with that.
Speaker 15: That is definitely something to pay attention to, because, you know, it's interesting we did have over the there certainly weren't any efforts to really stem the tide of immigration coming over the border, and yet we still had a really strong labor market. Whoever was picking up these jobs were there were plenty to go around, and you could kind.
Speaker 1: Of take your pick.
Speaker 15: So we'll see how big of a headline is obviously we're in an election year, so this has already been you know, this topic comes up anyway in any election year. It's going to become more and more of a focus now that we can actually point to declining job opportunity numbers as a result of it.
Speaker 2: Well, if it's declining job opportunity numbers, that means people are more interested, you know, maybe getting employment or fewer jobs out there. Does that mean salaries will be lower because in the face of what we just talked about, with everything getting more expensive, you would think they would go the opposite direction. But supplying demand and supplying demand, oh.
Speaker 15: I'm sure companies would love nothing more than to shell out a little bit less for payroll here over the next coming quarters as we have this crunch a little bit. So yes, we'll definitely see some a little bit of wage contraction because that's just the natural how the pendulum swings when it's all about supplying demand, whether you're talking about widgets or jobs, if there's a lot of them out there, then companies are going to be there's a lot of workers out there wanting to work, companies are going to be able to pick and choose and pay what they want versus when there's a worker shortage. That's when you get McDonald's doing signing bonuses. As we tend to see about once a decade, the pendulum is swinging back the other way, and that's not the case right now.
Speaker 2: Well, you did mention food service industry right there, But is there a particular sector of the economy that this is particularly challenging The jobs are drying up more than others or sectors. I mean there's some still booming and good sectors to be in.
Speaker 15: Yeah, So the more industrial types of trade, so mining, logging, construction, durable goods, are also on uptick in job openings due to rebounds in those sectors.
Speaker 1: And again some of that is coming from the fact that.
Speaker 15: Those more value oriented industrial type sectors rely more on corporate financing as opposed to your technology companies that rely on future growth. And so, as we talked about earlier, if we're looking at an environment where we have potential rate cuts coming, that means those companies will find it a little bit easier to do business because it's going to be cheaper to borrow money. So they're planning on expanding their businesses. So we're seeing a rotation out of the stuff that we've become used to, which is it's all technology, technology, technology into stuff we haven't thought about in a while.
Speaker 1: The traditional industrial spaces exactly.
Speaker 2: Well that there are lots and lots of trade jobs. I talk to folks all the time on the Morning show about that and the need for them. So it's a great option for young people to consider going to a trade school or earning while they learn, as opposed to a four year college where you can learn computer programming and find out that artificial intelligence has taken your job from you before you've even got one.
Speaker 1: To say, Brian, I talked to it.
Speaker 15: I talked to a lot of happy people who've spent twenty thirty years in a trade as you know, maybe part of a union or maybe not, but still in a learning of skill and expanding on that skill, and they tend to land pretty solidly on their feet. They all will say, it's a grind in your twenties when you're just getting started. But if you tough it out, the demand for those the need for those jobs is not going away, So suck it up and tough it out.
Speaker 2: There you go, little pain from the front end can be a long term reward for you on the back end. Eight twenty six more with Brian James one million dollar starter home. Is that the new norm? Great? More of it Brian James. After I mentioned speaking of the trades fast and pro roofing, there's a trade business right there and they do fantastic work. I've seen it. They replace my roof and the gutters and the siding, gutter guards, the whole nine yards and they did wonderful work. And that's what they'll do for you. And if you need a new roof, a shingle roof, you're gonna automatically get upgrade to the certainty certified landmark pro fifty years shingle. When you're dealing with fast and pro roofing, and to deal with fast and pro roofing regardless of what kind of roof you have, they do them all metal roofs. They do commercial and residential stucco or adobe and slate roofs, every kind. It's beautiful work they do. They do custom metal work. They'll do box gutters and exterior projects including the siding I mentioned. And solar they do solar and they do skylights. So look at their web page and you can see all the beautiful work that they've done and recognize that fast and Pro is honest. Then the roofing business that is in short commodity, short supply honesty. They will for free inspect your roof. They will for free give you a quote, and if you get a quote, it's because something actually needs to be done. Other guys will tell you need a new roof and you have no problems going on up there at all. It's been around since nineteen ninety nine. Ray and Amanda awesome people with a great crew, professionals. Absolutely, so call them you'd be glad you did. Five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five. Schedule that free inspection and estimate a plus with a BBB five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five. Website Fasten fast E n Fastenpro Roofing dot Com fifty five KRC. The talk station time for the weather. Showers and storms likely uh this afternoon spotty rather afternoons. Gonna be very muggy today with a high of eighty four. They're likely Overnight damaging winds are also possible. Overnight down to seventy storms Tomorrow morning isolated rain there after, partly cloudy, very humid at ninety and seventy one. Overnight, it'll remain muggy and there are storms possible. Wednesday, mostly sunny yes and a chance to showers and storms. High of ninety three seventy five. Right now, time for traffic.
Speaker 4: From the UCF Tramphic Center.
Speaker 7: No matter the injury you see, health orthopedic sand supports medicine where he defines recovery to get your back to doing what you love. Called five one three four seventy five, eighty six ninety southbound seventy five. Close to an extra five needed to get through the lock one split northbound four seventy One's over a five minute delay from before Grand into town northbound seventy five. That's just about clear through the cut. Chuck ingram Mon fifty five krc DE talk station.
Speaker 2: Eight thirty one, if you've got their CD talk station, Very happy Monday to you, Monday Monday. Brian James one more segment. Well, you know real estate, you know location, location, location, It's always been a hell of a lot more expensive to buy a home or even rent in a city like San Francisco compared to OH, I don't know if Poughkeepsie, Iowa, or a Columbus, Ohio or something, But there are a lot of cities now that it'd be. The word affordability doesn't even seem to come into the discussion. Brian two hundred and thirty seven cities where one million dollars is the medium starter price.
Speaker 1: Yeah, imagine having to deal with that.
Speaker 15: You're fresh out of college, maybe you've got student loans, and you're wanting to start a family and settle down, and you've got to come up with a million dollars before before you get to think about it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the financial impossibility unless you're making like massive, massive bank I mean, how much money you have to earn a year to even afford that.
Speaker 15: It also depends on where you want to live, of course, but it also depends on exactly what you're getting into.
Speaker 1: Million dollar homes come with more than just mortgage payments, tax ha fees and all that other stuff. Taxes, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 15: So Yeah, So the headline here is that not that million dollar starter homes exist, right, go figure, there's a bunch of them in California. That's kind of the that's ground zero for ridiculous real estate prices. But since twenty nineteen, the number of cities with million dollar starter homes has increased or has gone up by three hundred percent.
Speaker 1: There's now two.
Speaker 15: Hundred and thirty seven cities out there now spoiler alert, none of them are in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana, So I hope that's not too much of a shock. But for those folks that there's and there's only the twenty five of our fifty states are on this list, so and they are where you would expect, but they're popping up in other places too. So Nevada is now on this list. Illinois, so obviously Chicago driving that one. That's the only Midwestern state that I've seen here. But at the same time, you know, I'm looking at there's a couple houses right here up the street from me where we're looking at the prices going Really, they're nowhere near what we're talking about here, But that doesn't mean that that we're not still seeing this this ridiculous demand for dollars that people expect their houses to be worth well.
Speaker 2: Either like a recession or a bottoming out of the real estate market, a contractional the amount of people who are living or even desirous of buying a home. I don't know what there is there a solution to this, and there's certainly not a short term solution. I mean, more houses available on the market might bring the price down, but that's going to require a lot of building, a lot of building of homes this lower in a lower price range. Are builders even inclined to do that?
Speaker 1: So far they are?
Speaker 15: But I remember this cycle the last time, where you have a neighborhood that went up halfway and you have a muddy street that has five houses and it'll sit there for seven or eight years until the pendulum swings back the other way. There was a lot of that in northern Cincinnati where I live, and through this last swing that we went through.
Speaker 1: So but so far, so good. And that tells you the strength of the economy.
Speaker 15: Despite the headlines, despite the I grabbing headlines that hey, things are about to go over the cliff and the world's about to end. There's a lot of people suffering out there, but there's a lot of people who aren't. There's this much money, we have the ability to pay this much. That's why the demand is where it is. It's purely supply and demand and it's also being driven somewhat by corporate ownership of homes. Right, there are more entities out there who are throwing money than just your your young couple's trying to get started in life well.
Speaker 2: And one of the ways around that is maybe get your neighbor home owners association do a restrictive covenant requiring the owner of the home to actually occupy the home. Those are popular these days.
Speaker 15: Absolutely, and that that is more and more common. You're gonna hear that headline more and more. Uh So, we just we were fortunate to be able to take a vacation to Hawaii over the last couple of weeks, and there is a huge backlash against the against corporate owned real estate and what what the what these corporations are doing, Just so we're clear, as they're buying it all up and they're and they're turning around and renting it out on Airbnb and v rbo in those kind of places for short term rentals. A matter of fact, there are headlines over the last couple of weeks about Barcelona over in Spain where there has been a massive pushback against tourism and that's going to cost a lot of people a lot of money. If that city truly decides they're gonna they're going to restrict what you can do with a with a real estate investment, then that will drop the values of those of those properties in a significant way.
Speaker 1: And it's going to put some mortgages at risk.
Speaker 2: Well, it certainly will. But beyond that, this is not a short term fixed solution. I mean, there isn't anything out there that you can say, Wow, if we just do this, then problems solved.
Speaker 15: Didn't get here overnight. It's not going to go away overnight either. Somebody's gonna have to take the hit. Somebody's gonna have to vote for somebody to take a huge hit.
Speaker 2: Well, on that happy note, Brian James, I appreciate money advice every Monday for a few segments. We'll do it again next Monday and between now and then, best of health you and everty at all worth.
Speaker 1: I'll try to be less of a wet blank next week.
Speaker 2: Thanks. You can try, but you're dependent upon the headlines and the current issues related to money. Brian. Let's all pray that there's positive news between now and next Monday. Take care of my friend eight thirty six and fifty five care see the ethok station. And in spite of the fact that you may have a doctor tell you you have a cancer, you have a problem with cancer, you have cancer. Those words, huh, I heard to myself. There is hope and there's promise, and it's at OHC where they'll surround you with the eight is with the region's top cancer doctors. You will get surrounded by cutting edge clinical trials, the cutting edge treatments that they're always there offering and they're famous for. And I'm telling you clinical trials apparently where you need to be. That's where the most you know, innovative treatments are being offered. And OHC is always there with those surround you with everything you need to focus on what matters most, and that's beating cancer. That's exactly what the good people at OHC will do like they did for me. Thank God for OHC. So take my recommendation, the recommendation which came from my friend Jony friends looking out for friends. I ended up at the right place, that's OHC. To get in touch with them or get a second opinion. The number is eight eight eight six four ninety eight hundred eight eight eight sixty eight hundred to learn more, check out the website. It's ohcare dot com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC Marty Burn, I'm gonna here for Trish Date.
Speaker 2: We're here at fifty five KRCD talk station and welcome phone calls. We'd like to talk about something in particular. Feel free five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones again. Fifty five KRC dot com. Get your podcast when you can't listen to live you want to hear it again, Refer to your friends and listen to all the iHeartMedia content wherever you happen to be. Early in the program, talking about TikTok and the Department of Justice came out with some pretty stinging allegations about TikTok and the Chinese Communist Party getting all of your personal information and of course it ending up in China for the purposes of maybe blackmail, maybe influencing elections there of course data manipulating, elevating topics of interest for them that they appreciate and benefit perhaps on some level, of the Chinese Communist Party or to a certain extent, benefit the CCP by dividing us further, thank you Tech Friday Dave Hatter for regularly reminding listeners to get the hell off of TikTok. You can do it. Just pull the plug yourself. You don't have to wait for someone to take it away from you. But you are participating in that, and you are helping and facilitating the Chinese Communist Party gain well control access, influence over the hearts and minds of Americans generally speaking. And trust me, they don't have our interest in mind. And it's one thing you know. You know they're controlling the content. You know who runs it, So you need to be jaundice and skeptical when you're looking at it if you do use it. But as I pointed out, by forcing TikTok's sale to the United States company doesn't mean there won't continue to be data manipulation or yes, keeping your personal information and selling it off to third parties. All of these apps do that. Dave tells you about that every single Friday. And look at what Google's doing right now, talk about data manipulation. You ever use the auto fill when you start to type something, it gives you all types of options, the auto complete feature, Well, Google is not showing results for the attempted assassination of Donald Trump. It used to do it, but it doesn't anymore. It's omitting suggested results that even mentioned Donald Trump's name. So, for example, if you type in the assassination attempt of under normal circumstances, particularly given how prominent in the news that recent assassination attempt of the Republican nominee for president is and how much it's all over the news, it doesn't even mention Donald Trump. Search result reported by The New York Post said the following. If you type in the assassination attempt of what it comes by way of autocomplete gives you Ronald Reagan President Reagan attempt at meaning Archduke Ferdinand comes up. Going back a little bit on that one, aren't we And even Gerald Ford's name pops up no reference at all to Donald Trump. Now, if you type in assassination attempt of Donald Trump, while you will not see any auto completes that provide you with that, if you hit enter, it will link you to articles relating to it, but it's not going to suggest for you or complete for you anything that has Trump's name in it. How about that? So, yes, the Chinese Communist Party is endeavoring to manipulate you and of course stealing your data for its own nefarious purposes. But I guess alphabet is too, and it doesn't stop there, it's everywhere. So just just trying to keep you on your toes, folks. The bias is inherent in the system, and it's not a bias toward things conservative, Republican, or even religious for that matter. It's the antithesis of that. Coming up at eight forty five. If you I have carec the talk station, please feel free to call one more segment to go through for this Monday's morning show. Remember tomorrow Breitbart and Brightbart's Inside Scooping eight to five and then Daniel Davis Deep Dive at eight point thirty. Enjoy those segments. And I also appreciate and enjoy using odor exit products because they work, and that's really important when you're trying to eradicate an odor that is annoying. Yeah, skunk spray is annoying. Whatever my dog rolled around in a year or so ago was really really annoying, almost worse than skunk's brain. To this day, I don't even know what I well, I don't even want to know what it was we'd see. I got the oto exit concentrate out, put it on a rag and rub that right directly on Liam's head. This is after he got a bath and he's still stunk, and it eliminated it immediately. It was gone. And that's what you come to expect with outo exit products. Use them as directed and they will eliminate the odor and one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. If they do not, then you get your money back. Just talk to Deb from otor Exit and speaking of talking to her, if you have any questions about what product you should buy or how you should use it, or maybe you had an unsuccessful attempt the first time out of the gate using the product. Deb's got some great ideas on how to get rid of that odor. And that's why you buy OTO exit products again, one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. It's easy to buy them at the website, which I encourage you to do, because you go, you'll get it tomorrow. So order before three today, it'll be on your front porch tomorrow otorexit dot com and free shipping on orders over I think gets twenty five dollars. Don't quote me on that one. But if you order enough ODO exit of products, you get the shipping for free. Order it confidently it will eliminate the odor accept the odor of a stench of politics. As I point that out, od O r xit odor exit dot.
Speaker 4: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Here it is final. Look at the weather this morning. It's gonna be muggy, it's gonna be hot and well not as hot today. It's eighty four for the high Today, maybe get some afternoon storms. Overnight storms are likely, damaging winds are possible. It'll drop to seventy tomorrow, muggy, very humid. They're saying morning storms, isolated showers thereafter ninety for the high seventy one. Overnight muggy storms possible, and on Wednesday also a chance with the showers and storms. Otherwise just mostly sun in a high up ninety three.
Speaker 4: It's seventy four. Right now, it's time for final traffic from the U SE Up Tramphing Center.
Speaker 7: No mount of the injury you see health orthopedic sandsports, medicine, redefines, recovery, to get your banked and doing WEG you love call five one, three four seven. Highway traffic continues slow at a couple of spots. Southbound seventy five now the heaviest that's out of even Dale through Walkland over a five minute delay. Northbound fourth seventy one, just under a five minute delay between Grand and downtown. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Just I have a fifty to fifty five KRC the talk station. My exasperated call it earlier side when I said happy Monday, How difficult is that?
Speaker 4: Well, try to make it eat an easy thing to do.
Speaker 2: Try to find a thing to put a smile on your face in spite of the gloom and doom we are surrounded by. Otherwise, they win cribbage. Mike, thanks for calling this morning. I got a few callers online were starting the order in which they received Mike. Good to hear from me as always.
Speaker 16: Hey, it is a happy Monday, Brian. We're all on the right.
Speaker 13: Side of the dirt, sir.
Speaker 2: Good for you to say that there's an important one right there.
Speaker 1: Hey, you're alive.
Speaker 2: Hopefully we don't have to go that far down the list, but exactly when in doubt.
Speaker 13: Got you gotta get all with a grain of salt and just be enjoy the bless day that we are afforded. I had a similar Facebook experience like.
Speaker 4: You had earlier this year.
Speaker 13: I just made an innocuous post. I did use the picture of when Benjamin net Yahoo addressed the joint and Sessen of Congress and just making a remark. In my sixty seven years, that's the first time. And I could be wrong that that Vice president didn't even say her name was not seated along with the Speaker of the House. I have about two or three hundred Facebook friends. On anything, whether it be comic, goal, veteran issue, or newsworthy, I'll get about thirty or forty thumbs up or some type of emoji, maybe fifteen twenty comments. I got like three and about two comments. I had some coworkers they never saw it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was my experience because I rarely post things political. I mean, you get nothing more than a happy Friday or a picture of the dog or dogs of the case may be. And usually with my five thousand and plus mine or my five thousand or so friends, I'll get maybe one hundred two hundred, you know, chiming in give me a thumbs up or whatever. A lot of people will comment nothing. It was like two comments when I posted something that was just sort of semi remotely political. It wasn't even know ahead on criticism or attack on any given party. So yeah, that's there's your algorithm at work right there, Mike. It's just another illustration and knows Facebook's biased, of course it is. They don't want to spread the content that we want to get spread out there, so I don't figure a way of bringing it to people's attention. Like did anybody see that post I made from earlier question mark? I got more responses to that one than I got from the folks first post, which nobody saw. My God, listen man, looking forward to listening to live. You going to be coming right?
Speaker 13: Oh, absolutely, sir.
Speaker 2: Great seventh of August. We'll be at Jim and Jackson the River, where I'll probably lose to cribbage. Mike again, doctor j you're number two. Welcome to the program, sir.
Speaker 4: Happy Monday.
Speaker 11: Hat back at you. Yeah, hey, yes, I just did a duck duck go search on assassination attempt and in fact, as I started to spell assassination down below, it was an assassination attempt was.
Speaker 16: A suggestion for me. I clicked on that media.
Speaker 11: Went to Donald Trump's assassination pictures, articles this that, you know, all kinds of stuff. I don't know when they got into other presidents. In fact, I didn't check and they looked down ten. So again they are alternatives to Google. But it just proves as we already know. And a question for you, isn't this a political donation in kind? Does it not need to be given to the FCC? Don't we have laws about this?
Speaker 2: Raising an interesting legal spector there for some litigation attorney to perhaps pursue on behalf of I don't know, maybe the Trump campaign. Yeah, that's a strange reality there, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 11: They're altering their business practices to present a different picture. I mean to give a certain promotional quality to one candidate.
Speaker 2: I'm a profound promotional quality to one candidate. As far as I'm concerned, you may be onto something there. I appreciate the way your mind's working this morning, doctor Jay. God bless you and love to your beautiful wife Cricket. We're wishing her obviously the best of health. And finally we'll close this you out with Mississippi James. Happy Monday to you, my friend. Welcome back. Oh good morning, Brian, what's on your mind to day?
Speaker 19: James, Yeah, I'm sorry to confused about this project twenty twenty five and Trump did not not knowing anything about it, not knowing that people is on there. But what research I'm getting it is just research that JD. Van is supposed to be part of it, and he wrote.
Speaker 2: The forward.
Speaker 4: Upcoming book.
Speaker 12: Whether it's out or not, I don't know. So what's your hang alone there?
Speaker 2: Well, it is a project that was put together by the Heritage Foundation, four hundred different scholars and analysts, a whole bunch of different groups, described as a mix of center to right groups. It is a wish list for every single conservative slash middle of the road piece of agenda that could ever come up with. So it's literally everything put into one package. The Heritage Foundation supports what's in there. I presume it's nine hundred and twenty two pages. The Republican Party did not adopt it. Donald Trump said he is not embracing it or using it as a platform, but it's just far reaching. If you were part of a Heritage Foundation or any other type of independent organization, you two could put together a wish list of everything you want. But we all know there's things that we agree on and things that we don't. The Trump administration that was not running on this as a platform. There are things that Trump administration specifically disagrees with that are in here. I know Trump is in favor of tariffs, the Heritage Foundation is not. I don't know what Jade Vance's position is on it, honestly, I haven't run anything to that effect, but to the extent he embraces it, it's not his party's platform, and it's not the big guy, Donald Trump's platform either. So it's kind of like that they're using it as a fear tactic. But you have to understand what's in it, who prepared it, and what Trump's position is on it to whether or not that that fear tech is going to work. If you don't know anything about it, you don't know where it came from, and here's someone say, oh my god, project twenty twenty five, you might get alarmed over it. But once you peel back the veneer of the argument that Trump is all in favor of twenty twenty five, you find out now that's not the case. It's a big, long wish list. We all have a list of things we want the government to do or not do, as the case may be. Rarely do any of us get even some of our way, let alone nine hundred pages worth of it. Just like a pony, right, Joe, My dad wanted a pony. His dad said no. Eight fifty six pitch five KRSD Talks DA Tune in tomorrow Insights, Gooop with Brightbart News Daniel Davis Deep Dive, among other topics, and of course your phone calls are always welcome to you. Five cars dot Com, stream the audio, get your podcast, have a great day. Thanks again, just Trekker for all that you do. Don't go away. Linebeck's coming right up.
Speaker 15: Because they don't care about anybody else.
Speaker 4: It's what motivates your vote.
Speaker 11: They're evil, perverted and they're trying to DeStorm
Speaker 4: Or fifty five KRC the talk station this ry