Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for our community connection right here on this labor day, right here on Kay one, the one you trust, being brought to you by Tall Grass Motors. Also are more in knee camp at Funeral Home Wesley and Kidney College get Real Ministry, saying the Fraternal Order of Eagles. I say it's a pretty fair day because we're getting ready for the Washington County Free Fair. And with his instudio we have Kevin White, Lucas Foster, and Rebecca Moses High kids. This is a labor day, but you guys have already been laboring getting ready for the Freefair. Habit you get labor, been labor of love. Now, Rebecca, we got it. We've got a big start tomorrow, don't we.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 3: It all kicks off tomorrow, Tuesday, So that is the day. Everyone we'll bring in their indoor entries. So if you have canned something, or grown something, or knitted something or painted something.
Speaker 4: Please bring it and enter it. Tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Entries will be again. We'll be accepting entries from noon to seven tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is closed to the public, right, yes, so.
Speaker 3: It's closed to the public, So just bring your entries, drop them off, we'll get them entered. Then Wednesday is judging day, so all those items will be judged and then we'll get them organized and displayed and ready for the public to be on Thursday.
Speaker 1: Kevin, when we bring in the animals here for the livestock showers.
Speaker 5: That's Wednesday from four thirty to seven.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So yeah, there we go. Everybody's and I want everybody to know I'm looking into the weather forecast and we're going to have pretty good temperatures in the eighties for the free fair, which is a little bit of a switch from the last couple of years where it's been like nine thousand degrees. But it's going to be great now, Lucas. We've got some cool things for the kids, don't we Yes, tell us a little bit about it.
Speaker 2: We have the Children's Barnyard, we have the Southwest Dairy Farmer will be there Thursday from nine to two. Well, it's like we're going to have story time with a donkey and a rabbit. Sutton Avian Live Bird Experience is going to be there. We'll get to see quite a few interesting things.
Speaker 1: What have we got coming up on Friday.
Speaker 3: So Friday is going We're going to start it off with the Farmer's Fraction Breakfast so that we'll have breakfast there this year, and then we're gonna jump right into the Broiler and Poultry Show and the rabbit shows is also that starts at nine, and then we're going to have the Oklahoma Blood Institute there, so come donate some blood from two to six six point thirty. And we're also going to have some reading with rabbits and donkeys story time scattered out through the day, so those will be happening multiple times throughout the day, so if you miss it once there's you know you'll have another chance to catch one of those reading times.
Speaker 4: So live animals and reading.
Speaker 3: And then we're we'll have our classic Oh Our Donut Eating Contest comes first. That's it five on Friday Friday, so I know everyone's excited about that, and then Darry goat show, and then we're gonna have all of the classic car crews. And when I say classic, I mean classics obviously are all welcome, but if you've got a sweet ride like bring it in and we you know, show it off and we'll be right north of the fairgrounds there, so bring those and.
Speaker 4: The pedal pool for all the kids.
Speaker 3: It's gonna start at seven that night, and registration will start at six pot thirty. So and then we're gonna wrap up Friday with movie night, so we'll have a movie at seven thirty.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be watching the original Willy Wonka.
Speaker 1: There you go. This is great, now, Kevin, We've got a lot going on here due but folks gotta get bed. I understand. We've got some pretty good food coming our way.
Speaker 6: On Thursday will be copenhangs from They're gonna eleven three.
Speaker 4: They're gonna be serving pulled pork sandwiches.
Speaker 6: And then that evening it's our turn, our Airboards fundraiser, and it's gonna be good.
Speaker 5: What you got we have roast.
Speaker 3: Mast potatoes, cream beans, and dessert, yeah special dessert.
Speaker 1: Oh nice. Nice. We got on Friday.
Speaker 5: Friday is four h.
Speaker 3: Yes, and chicken and noodles, hacking and noodles for lunch and meat love dinner for in the even.
Speaker 1: Now, Saturday's kind of like a special day.
Speaker 4: Saturdays. Yeah, they're all special, I know, but I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, yes, this one hasn't really.
Speaker 4: Moved for years have No, it hasn't.
Speaker 3: The Indian women come in and make Indian tacos and provide fry bread, and I know everyone. They sell out every year, so that tells you how good it is. Everybody wants some of their food that they serve there at lunch. And then we've added another slot this year, so on Saturday evening, Dewey f f A Is going to have briskets and brisket sandwich milk.
Speaker 1: That's three D eight. Okay, give you plenty of time to slap on a bib and make a mask and go away hungry. No, you can't do it.
Speaker 5: Your fault.
Speaker 1: What do you want to add, Kevin? You the cats up right?
Speaker 6: They have lemonade yes, oh yeah, freeze dried candy yes.
Speaker 3: And then Cowboy kettle Corn is coming and so he'll have kettle corn and other snacks and uh so we're looking forward to him being there this year. So there you won't be hungry.
Speaker 1: Lucas is over there going yeah, yeah, I'll feed into the diet. It'd be good. This is going to be a great fair. I can I can already tell whether it's in our favor. The excitements there, we've got all these new attractions. Plus we're going to have some folks sitting up in the front yard.
Speaker 4: So they say yes.
Speaker 3: So we do have a few vendors that are have signed up already for the one hundred mile yards, so but are.
Speaker 4: On Saturday.
Speaker 3: We're also going to have a bunch of vendors insight, so we have a vendor and craft show in the north room and we've we've got a good selection of people coming. There's jewelry, there's clothes, a boutique, and there's tumblers and custom wood making, you know, wooden bowls and things.
Speaker 4: There's just a real big variety of things that are coming.
Speaker 1: That's Saturday, Kevin, I understand we need volunteers for a couple of days.
Speaker 6: If anybody like to volunteer, we could some help on Thursday. Throughout the day, you might even get switched around to different areas so you can variety and help us out. We do on Friday night, we do have a home football game, so parking maybe a little tight, but if you come, you can park to the southwest of the fairgrounds.
Speaker 5: There is a field. Yeah that'll help.
Speaker 1: I've used that before.
Speaker 3: So we're encouraging everyone, us included are we going to be trying to use that parking lot just to alleviate some of the so we don't get too jammed up.
Speaker 1: You know what, you're going to be busy there because you know you've got all the activities that night with the pedal pull and with the donut eating.
Speaker 4: Cut and the car and the car.
Speaker 1: And the movie. Man, he's going to be like.
Speaker 3: The a place to be in Washington County.
Speaker 1: My goodness.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 1: You know, you guys got to have a good crowd share there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I believe so definitely something for everyone.
Speaker 1: Man, So what time are you guys going into hit it All tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going today.
Speaker 1: Oh you're working today free eight so free. But boy, you gotta gotta tell you this fair board here and the members, uh they're they're just you guys are just really doing the job here because this is gonna be a big one. It's gonna be a lot of fun. And you're even working Labor day. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yes, I want to I do want to shout out to our sponsors.
Speaker 4: This year. We had a lot of uh, a few.
Speaker 3: Sponsors really step up and Jensen Tractor they bought the back page by our fair book and that allowed.
Speaker 4: Us to you know, get a lot of things done this year.
Speaker 3: And and Bell Camper bought an ad inside and Farm Bureau and Luwana Duncan also and and there's numerous other sponsors that we couldn't do the fair without them, everything from donated cases of waters to just general donations so we can you know, buy the supplies that we need to.
Speaker 4: Put the fair on.
Speaker 3: The cattle women have helped us out. There's just the list goes on and we we do have a really nice big banner in the in the south room this year that has a list of our sponsors also really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the way everyone can take a look at you.
Speaker 3: And yeah, so when you're when you're there at fair, be sure and take a look because it takes.
Speaker 4: A village not.
Speaker 6: They're pie and basket auction is Thursday night at six pm.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you can't miss that big fundraiser for them. How many years that been going on about it? Hundred yes, maybe.
Speaker 4: Not quite a hundred, maybe not, but close.
Speaker 3: And that's that's one of the big attractions every year for the fair.
Speaker 4: That's one of those must must have tradition.
Speaker 3: That everybody wants to go and buy a pie or a basket, and it is a good time. Those ladies do a lot of work getting that stuff put together and are so generous to the youth in our community.
Speaker 4: They give and no, and that's just one of the things.
Speaker 3: Nobody ever really gets the full depth of what they do.
Speaker 4: So I'm just saying they do a lot.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's cool. Anything else you like, dad, come see us, come see us. Yeah there, yeah, parking is free. Yes, just come on in and everything else. Wow, you can just just step back and enjoy. And of course, like you said, we got all kinds of food there. If you walk away hungry, well out. But it is going to be something really cool. Now. The Avian the exhibit is actually one of my favorites because the little kids. I was observing them, they have this thing called the wingspan. Yes, and every kid is just stretching their fingers out there to the hill trying to figure out just you know, I'm as big as a condor, not quite yet.
Speaker 5: And it just wasn't the kids. There was a lot of growing ups.
Speaker 1: Oh there were, Yes, there were a lot of grandpas there showing off for the grandkids.
Speaker 4: I'll admit I did it.
Speaker 1: You did it.
Speaker 3: I will tell you what bird I got because I was kind of disappointed.
Speaker 1: I got Dodo.
Speaker 3: I got a buzzardn't say so.
Speaker 1: You see, you come out there and have a good time. Are we gonna have the Delaware Tribe out there this year too.
Speaker 5: We're gonna have the Delaware Tribe and Sage Nation will be there.
Speaker 1: Also, Okay, green, Green, wonderful. So we get the cultural bench from everybody.
Speaker 6: Leave out a tribe with the Cherokee Nation. Speaking of people helping out, yes they do Roo yes, yes, interior room, yeah they.
Speaker 3: Did, and and some of the parking spots out out front they covered that and as well they've also given a donation for for us to eventually put towards a popcorn machine for the fair Board to have our own popcorn maker. So we're so we're very grateful to them and how generous they are as well.
Speaker 1: Well, wonderful. This is going to be one for the full county. Not does do we, not does Bartleville, but the entire county. We want everybody from out south coming on up. And I know they'll be there for least the livestock, for sure, they always show up for that. But come on here for the crafts, come up here for the fun, come up here for the food and the fellowship. It's all right here, yes.
Speaker 4: You can't. The pet show, that's another thing that's happened on Thursday and Thursdays. Thursdays chalked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the pet show is is Thursday and SBCA is going to be there adoptable pets. So it's it's always that's always fun to see people and their pets.
Speaker 6: And they have a photo boots, ye bring your dog up a cat.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go. I want to thank you for coming in on Labor Day and good luck to you. And let's hear it for the free fair. How sweet it is with the sweet life. All right, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: This is