Speaker 1: The right quiet.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Playoff Baseball is.
Speaker 3: Back and win it.
Speaker 2: An annual postseason tradition.
Speaker 3: Scam is back, Baby.
Speaker 2: This is Sax and Cakes in the a app that go with Broway. Dodger legend Steve Sacks is joined by your favorite Dodger pregame host, Tim Kates.
Speaker 3: If you want to talk.
Speaker 2: Dodgers, get in on the show one eight, six, six, nine eighty seven two five seven now. While the Dan Patrick Show streams on the Ihearts radio app.
Speaker 4: We've been banished to the Internet until this Dodgers playoff run concludes. Here they are broadcasting live on AM five to seven e LA Sports. It's Tim Kates and Steve Sacks.
Speaker 3: One win away. That's it.
Speaker 5: That's all that separates the Dodgers, the city of LA and a World Series championship. Saxon Kateton Am Here on your own home of the Dodgers, AM five to seventy LA Sports. It's Game four of the World Series tonight from a Yankee stadium in the Bronx. Dodgers a three to nothing series lead and a chance to close out the Yankees on the road in a sweep in New York with a win Tonight Dodgers on Decades started at four o'clock. First pitch from the Galpin Motors broadcast booth is coming up at five oho eight.
Speaker 1: It's a bullpen game for the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Luis Heel will go for the New York Yankees, who had himself a fifteen win season, a sub three ERA during the regular season, a really good starter for the Yankees in twenty twenty four. But he's gonna have his hands full with this Dodgers offense tonight. These guys are hungry. These guys want to finish it off. These guys want to win a World Series championship as fast as they can and get back to LA and celebrate with the Dodger fans here in Los Angeles with the parade. They're hungry. Not only the dog gonna be barking tonight, but the offense is gonna be barking, and the Dodgers are ready to go tonight with a bullpen game. Who starts for the Dodgers, we'll find out. It'll be a matchup by matchup, any by any situation for Dave Roberts, and I have to believe Sax. Even though the Dodgers used six different relievers last night the load outside of Brazier and twenty two pitches, I mean Hudson through twenty two, Copek through twenty four. Even if you threw twenty plus pitches as a reliever, I have to imagine in a close out game of a World Series, a chance to hoist that trophy and sweep the Yankees. If Dave Roberts came to you and said, hey, Blake Tryning, Michael Kopeck, Daniel Hudson, I know you pitched last night twenty three pinchs. Do you have it in you to come back out tonight and give me twenty more? Give me an inny, give me three outs.
Speaker 6: At least a guy, at least at least one in a crucial situation. Absolutely, any of these guys are gonna say I mean no, Doc said right. And if they're not, they're not available. But you know what, to get a guy up, absolutely there. I think we're gonna need. The Dodgers are gonna need, uh, you know, maybe one bulk guy. Maybe it's Casparious, maybe it's Honeywell or hey, maybe it could be lending Neck, who knows, but they may need maybe two or three out of one of those guys. If they get it, great, and then it's look at it. If it's five to two and the Yankees are threatening, it's all hands on deck. I mean, I think they pour everything into this and and you just shut these guys down, one guy at a time. Is there a scenario where no, he's not gonna pitch Flairty, No, he's not gonna pitch him. Well, you still hope he does. There is a corner of your heart, a recess of your soul. It thinks maybe he'll pitch there is Look, he's not for show, not not for like, you know, ninth inning. Their bases are loaded, you've spent the bullpen. Is he gonna pitch? I gotta say probably not.
Speaker 3: He's not.
Speaker 5: This scenario eight two Dodgers lead, ninth inning, Why and you need one out?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: What eight two Dodgers winning?
Speaker 1: No, it's the ninth inning and it's one out.
Speaker 3: To God put Munsey in.
Speaker 6: There's If it's eight to two, No, you're not gonna You're not gonna risk show. Hey, let's say he rips a flexor tendon and then what are you gonna do? Oh my god, what are you doing? You're up eight to two?
Speaker 5: I think this shoulder sublextionnation or whatever it is, the separation, the popping out of the joint, I think it probably has squashed any hope of me wanting show Hey o Tany to pitch.
Speaker 3: Well, luckily it's the other shoulder, so you know, I mean.
Speaker 5: The whole you know, pitching, and you know it separates a whole movement, right, I don't. I just don't see him pitching, no absolute tim even maybe there's a chance, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think so.
Speaker 6: I mean, I know the fans and everybody would probably like that show. Hey would probably in you know, in a corner of his soul, he would probably like to say, I want to show everybody what they're gonna see next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but nah, No, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: A guy who is taking them mount a couple times this year in blowout situations both good and bad, has been Key k Hernandez. I think it'd be kind of fun. Again, this is all If the Dodgers are winning, big, throw keyk out there to get the final out of that.
Speaker 6: Would it be a slap in the face to the other team, Yes, absolutely, Okay.
Speaker 5: Would it be a front hand slap, Yes, it'd be a backhand slap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'd be a slap in the face.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, it'd be like Chris Rocketting slap to be like one of those that's right.
Speaker 5: I don't keep my wife's name out of your mouth. Out of your mouth, right, Okay, I don't. That's not gonna happen. But it's not gonnap the fan of me would think would be great. I think Dave.
Speaker 3: Roberts, with classy guy that he is, he doesn't want to slap him.
Speaker 6: He's one to say, let's go and you get to sing and get hey, let's beat him and get out of towns right, that's what you gotta do.
Speaker 5: Let's celebrate and get back to La as quick as pos out of town. David Vassay is going to join us, coming up at the bottom of the hour of your phone calls at eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. Thank you for me, impatient, Kenny and Tarzani your next up year on a five seventy with sax and Kate's and am how you doing?
Speaker 7: I'm doing great. I've been on Cloud nine since about eight thirty on Friday night when I was at Deans from Ganada Hills's house. It's been tremendous. And I'll tell you what the kioscar and laser yesterday, it was just fantastic that throw and you guys were talking about the differences and similarities between Tommy and Dave Roberts. Well, I love that suicide squeeze or safety squeeze, even though it didn't work out as a makeup call, how you thought about it from fifty five. Actually that's before Saxony and I were born. But it was great to see that, and I appreciated that Tommy was sort of story, although it will haunt me the rest of the day, that support beach story Steeves.
Speaker 5: All right, Kitty, I appreciate it. Nice, nice visual in everybody's mind.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Hey, you know another thing I just wanted to touch on this real quick. When you look at Louis Heel spelled Gil.
Speaker 3: I mean, this guy is going to be considered for Rookie of the Year this year. Yeah, and you never heard the thing about him. Nothing, And he's in New York. Nothing.
Speaker 6: You don't hear anything about Louise Heel. He's fifteen and seven. He had a three fifty era strong consideration for ale Rookie of the year and you hear nothing about him. It's pretty odd, just kind of floated in New York.
Speaker 3: Tim, Yeah, come on, you think you.
Speaker 5: Get a little bit more publicity, But when you're pitching with Garrett Cole, him and Rodin carried the Yankee pitching staff for a good amount of time, well did. Garrett Cole was banged up and trying to come back from an injury during the middle of part of this season. So this is going to be fantastic tonight. I cannot wait. The celebration is going to be on and the Dodger fans are going to be so excited to have another parade in Los Angeles, the first for the Dodgers since nineteen eighty eight. Saxy, you mentioned it earlier, that parade, A lot of you guys were sick. Yep, that eighty parade, The stage, the celebration, the opportunity to be in front of the fans. How much did that mean though for you guys as players to win it in Oakland, come back and to be at the center of attention with the public in downtown.
Speaker 6: L oh it was just unreal. You can't describe it. And it was on Cloud nine. It was such a blur. But to be there with all the the great fans here in Los Angeles, it was just absolutely amazing. And the players really feast off the love that you get from the fans, and you always they always have and they always will to hear the fans, and they they really deeply appreciate all the all that great love you get back from Yeah.
Speaker 5: Angel, and Lincoln Heights is next up. You're on a seventy sports h Angel.
Speaker 7: Hey, how you doing, Boss? How you doing?
Speaker 3: What's up? Angel?
Speaker 7: Hey? I love your staves.
Speaker 3: I love you, thank you, I appreciate you.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 10: I can't I can't remember. I can't remember another World series like we're gonna have. You know, I'm probably the Dodgers. I always been a Dodger fans in nineteen seventy two, since we came here. I was fall years old. My dad worked at Dodger Stadium for years. But I can't remember that.
Speaker 7: Everybody used to use that little.
Speaker 10: Radio and and go inside the Dodger Stadium and listening to the Dodgers, listen to balance.
Speaker 7: This is how we feel this year.
Speaker 10: I think we're gonna do it again. We're gonna do it again. I got the feeling that we're gonna do it again. And all the fans they're up there, please don't you know, don't don't start breaking window. We're gonna celebrate the Dodgers. We're in LA and they celebrate the rightway. Don't celebrate nothing. Don't shut up to Fernando Garcia up there with Charlene, Arlene and Michael.
Speaker 7: They're listening to you. They only led three or four five years old.
Speaker 10: Steve, I love you, had.
Speaker 3: Ye loves himself. What's a good dude. I like that. I love the passion. Yeah, he's right.
Speaker 5: If the Dodgers are fortunate to celebrate tonight with a championship, celebrate the right way. Dodger fans celebrate the safe way. They will out there, they will, they will. Don't be knucklehead, they're doing something stupid. Celebrate together, come together together as a community, and celebrate with the Dodgers were able to accomplish as a city in.
Speaker 3: When we won an eighty eight.
Speaker 6: There was no crazy celebration knuckleheads out there. It was great, it was classy, it was perfect. Do you remember the night of celebration in Oakland?
Speaker 5: That night?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, guys, one guys, back to the team hotel.
Speaker 6: I think that night, I remember going off to a little room by myself, and two like five feet away the celebration had started. I went into this room there was It was so weird because there was just this little catacomb off to the side with a chair in it. I thought, this is weird. Did somebody put this in here? And I went in there and I took my uniform off. I wanted to keep it for posterity. And I sat in this chair and I can hear the muffled sounds of the celebrations starting just a few feet away because I had the door closed and tim I was so absolutely physically and mentally exhausted. I could have went to sleep. Wow, I could have absolutely dozed off and went to sleep with all of that happening. I was that tired. And then of course I got my uniform stuffed away and back into the room for excitement, and then you know, coming back, I went on. I think I went on Good Morning America at four thirty am, so I never got to sleep. The flight home to La I went, had a car pick me up, went right did Good Morning in America for you know, the East coast. At seven thirty and I was on four thirty here. That's why you get sick because of all that and then but it was great.
Speaker 3: I can tell you.
Speaker 6: Afterwards, I flew up to Sacramento after it was all done, ye, and my mom just took care of me. I slept in this big bed. Nobody could call me. My mom was cooking that Italian food for like ten days.
Speaker 3: It was great. It was amazing. My mom was amazing mother.
Speaker 5: That is awesome. That is absolutely awesome. Night is celebration. You're not a guy who drinks, so what do you sip on? What are you doing in that celebration?
Speaker 3: Is nothing better than a pizza and a Coca cola? Dude? Are you kidding me? And I'm not trying to be corny, but I just dig it. That's what I like. That's awesome. Yeah, that is awesome.
Speaker 5: He is Steve Saxon, Tim Kates. It's sax and Kate's and am Will in the great city of Burbank here in the eight one eight Will.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Hey, good.
Speaker 11: Morning, gentlemen. Thank you so much.
Speaker 8: What a great series.
Speaker 11: And just the games have been wonderful because the Dodgers have been winning. I was blessed enough to be in person in Game one witness that Freddie Freeman historic Grand Slam with my son teenage son flashback years ago I was a teenager with my father watching Gibson hit his home runs. A full circle of life there. I just want to comment on just how wonderful it is to watch the games to night, but then to wake up and do that long drive into work and listen to YouTube every morning. I'm gonna miss that once the Dodgers win the World Series. The nuggets between you two and Saxey my favorite line with my kids. Then dropping off the high school when we're talking about the maturity or the age level of Yamamoto and it's the effective I was buying my clothes at sixth grade. I wish I had a T shirt for.
Speaker 3: That, you know, show your kids.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and last last point though, I do want to bring up because I don't think it's getting much airtime. When they were scuffling with the Padres and everyone was trying to exercise those demons. I remember I was on the five making my way into Burbank when Saxy you were talking about, Hey, this is lining up to be Dodgers and Yankees in the world series. Let's not look at this as a bad thing. Let's look at this as a good thing. And man, your words were prophetic. Brother, that's positive thinking. That's a ballplayer. So just want to bring that up. Gentlemen, going to miss you, but there will be celebrating you know soon enough.
Speaker 5: Yep, thanks will thanks a nice man. That's a nice call. Celebrated you the entire time.
Speaker 3: Nice. I think I feel over here. No, Tim, it's all because of you. You know that, brother.
Speaker 6: I appreciate you leading the charge here. I'm just I'm just here. I'm just here for the right. I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: Let's let's get it all straight. I'm here for the right. You lead the charge.
Speaker 5: Now let's go to Reggie in La and to straighten things out here on this Tuesday morning. Reggie, good morning. The Dodgers are twenty seven outs away from an eighth World Series championship.
Speaker 3: You ready to party.
Speaker 11: I'll be all right on the party.
Speaker 12: I'll tell you what a man. Some of those defensive gems that we saw yesterday really had me thinking, man, this team is so different, particularly that one odd throw that the pitcher gave the Tommy.
Speaker 13: Edmond and they had a slow down.
Speaker 8: Mit.
Speaker 12: Sure he got the out on that one, and that was just man, that was such.
Speaker 8: A great play.
Speaker 12: And to think, I don't know if anyone thought Tommy Evans could be the full time shortstop.
Speaker 8: I mean, what do you guys think about that?
Speaker 3: It's a great point.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you brought that up, Reggie, because that is a baseball play right there that Tommy had been made, coming across from a shortstop and making sure Saxy he got the out, one out. He wasn't worried about getting the double play because the lead runner was important at that time, still a three nothing game, I think is what it was at important to get that out, and he did everything he could to make sure he had that right foot.
Speaker 6: I believe on the base. Look, look, the important thing is you gotta get one. The most important throw, and a double play is the first throw. And as was well documented right there, if that throws on the bag, you get another, you get the next row. But because of Tommy Edmund's great baseball acumen, he knows that you gotta get one and let's go from there. And he did it perfectly to salvage that that play right there, you saw Gradorol's frustration afterwards, he was really ticked at himself.
Speaker 5: But you know what day, that's what your teammates do. They pick you up again. Another defensive play, another one. I forgot about it.
Speaker 3: Sometimes we take it for granted. You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Upstairs, Tommy Edmond doing his thing. Just make it a baseball play. Could he be the everyday shortstop?
Speaker 3: Listen?
Speaker 6: He could be, But listen, here's the thing. Tommy Edmond is a better player when you get to utilize all of his great assets, and that's playing the outfield, that's playing third and second. He was a gold glover at second base, much different than shortstop. Can he go in there and plug shortstop? For absolutely, he's that good of a player. I think he's more well utilized by different positions and you can really get to appreciate all those great things he can do.
Speaker 5: Well the Dodgers get him again for next year, because he's under contract through twenty twenty five, it'll be interesting to see. I mean, this is kind of looking in a few months down the road here in free agency, what the Dodgers elect to do with the shortstop position. If it's Tommy Emmon every day, if they elect to go with a Megal Rojas next year. Gavin Lux was given the reins in spring training. That experiment didn't work. He's probably better suited for second base. But whereas a Tommy Edman fit in is every day shortstop? Is he a second baseman? Is he a center field? There one of the many decisions the Dodgers are going to have to make here. It's a great position to have them.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 5: Unbelievable to have these kind of decisions, to have him right there at the center of it. Eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy Dodgers are one away from a World Series championship. The city is starting to buzz last night. There was excitement this morning. You can feel the buzz, the stirring, if you will, of excitement for Dodger fans and anticipation of a Game four win tonight, and then the celebration will begin, a safe celebration in southern California, which will come with a parade later on this week. Take care of business tonight though Game four. We'll check in with David Vasai. We got your phone calls, we got Steve's keys.
Speaker 1: That's all coming up.
Speaker 5: Thanks for being with us at SAX and Kate's and the Am on a FI seventy l a sports scam on your radio, saxon Kate's in the AM on this Tuesday morning. Thanks for being with us as you make that commute, make that drive, heading to work, taking the kids to school.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're on your way to school.
Speaker 5: Appreciate you taking us with you as the Dodgers are one win away from the World Series championship after a four to two win over the Yankees last night, Walker Mueler five shutout innings, Freddy Freeman went deep showy Otani, Hey, his presidence alone is something big for this Dodgers lineup, which is now twenty seven outs away from a World Series championship, and if they can get it done tonight, a parade will follow later on this week. Eight six, six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy is our number. David Vesta will join us from New York. He was up late last night taking your calls on Dodger Talk. He was in the Dodger Clubhouse show and of course talking to Mookie Bets on the postgame show as well. So we'll hear from DV coming up in just a little bit. We go to Sylvia. North Hollywood is next up here on ANFI seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Hi Sylvia, Good.
Speaker 14: Morning, Kim, Good morning Steven.
Speaker 3: So you how are you?
Speaker 14: Oh my gosh, I hear all this talk about using show. Hey, Otani, I don't care if the score is fifteen to three.
Speaker 15: I really feel like we have enough dogs.
Speaker 14: In the bullpen. I mean really, they're strong. Our bullpen is the strongest. I really don't see any need to hurt Otani any further. I'm just okay. I can't believe I got on.
Speaker 7: The air first.
Speaker 3: So that's that's Tim Cage pushing that. Not wishful. Thank you, Sylvia. It's not gonna happen. We know that. That's all. That's all too.
Speaker 14: It's not going to happen. This team is so strong. We've got so many guys. I mean, after hearing Brent Honeywell story, they're all just ready waiting to contribute.
Speaker 7: And yeah, not going to happen.
Speaker 14: The only thing that went right for New York last night is Leslie Odom Junior singing the national anthem, and let's leave it at that.
Speaker 5: What about Fat Joe last night, Sylvia? Fat Joe is tremendous.
Speaker 14: I'll be polite, my cup of tea. But my daughter, my eleven year old daughter, is a huge fan of Hamilton. So when I saw Leslie Odam Junior coming to the National Anthem, I got her away from homework and she ran to the screen and just yelled Aaron Burr. Yeah, we do have other interests in town. The Pantagious Theater in Hollywood just went blue. They showed it on the news this morning. Everything's starting to bleed blue, really big and bright. And yeah, I wanted to have a parade. I wanted to get this done, but I.
Speaker 15: Want to get on the air to remind fans that we're also still a team. In morning, I mean, we lost our Fernando and if anything, he's our angel in the sky, and you know, and people want to get stupid and get a little too pumped and crazy, just just remember we were honoring our beloved Dodger Pitcher.
Speaker 14: You know, the Dodgers weren't really.
Speaker 15: Something in our in our household until Fernando started playing, and none heel Span TV was you know, reporting on him in nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 14: So I just you know, my dad got interested and that's how I came to the game in nineteen eighty one, and you know, we've gone full circle here we are Dodgers and Yankees again in the World Series. My daughter is eleven years old. And before I close this out, Tim, you got to cue the church music, Father, Tim, I got to go to confession. Okay, I was that preteen, that goofy preteen who had a big crush on Steve sachs Oh. I still have the pictures somewhere.
Speaker 15: My husband hasn't seen it.
Speaker 14: He's dying to see it. He wants to see it. I've been a fan that long and just just, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: You Ben Sylvia appreciate it, all right, Yeah, and.
Speaker 15: I'm just I'm like everyone super excited. I want a parade, but I wanted to be saying I told.
Speaker 14: My daughter, Hey, do your schoolwork. I might take you to a parade.
Speaker 3: Wow, good deal.
Speaker 5: Get that schoolwork done, Sylvia's daughter. We appreciate the phone call. Eight six six ninety seven two five seventy Paul and Huntington Beach is next up, Paul, How you doing, buddy, dude?
Speaker 13: I don't know how to follow up Sylvia. That was that was pretty sweet.
Speaker 16: Hey, man, look dude, I am blown away at it's almost too good to be true. The Dodgers have outplayed the Yankees in every element of the game. It almost seems like they're they're they're not anywhere near as good as the Dodgers. And that freaks me out a little bit, like are they gonna flip a switch or something. I'm waiting for the Yankees to be the Yankees and they're not even close. And I think that the whole two points one, you know, the whole series can be boiled down. I don't want to take anyway from preem and that was other otherworldly. But the way that Edmund scores some second juxtaposed with Stanton brumbling around second. I know it's a speed issue, but read the ball off the bat and get a good secondary and your home standing up, dancing in the club, in the in the dugout versus Stanton bat reads slow around the bag and and it's almost like that that incapitlates the whole series in a lot of ways, the way the Yankees and Dodgers have played. And my last point is, you know, show Hey has not done much in the World Series. That's fine, dude, show Hey has carried the Dodgers all year long. Forty pitchers bets down, framing down. I mean it was just we had a we had We went for like three weeks where we had Nick Ahmed and Kevin Bigio in the infield for goodness sake, right, and and show Hey carried this team. We get to the we get to the final stage, and this team is carrying show Hey. And there's something romantic and awesome about that.
Speaker 8: Dude.
Speaker 16: I again, man, I'm kind of freaked out.
Speaker 8: It's almost too good to be true. Let's get it done tonight.
Speaker 13: Let's not let let these guys breathe.
Speaker 7: And I can't wait to see the bullpen.
Speaker 13: Get to get to work.
Speaker 8: All right, boys, have a good one.
Speaker 16: I'm gonna try to focus at the office today.
Speaker 5: And then he brings up a great point. He carried this team a lot during the regular season through the injuries, and here in the postseason banged dub shoulder. Maybe he's not producing in the World Series. The presence alone is something, but the other guys are carrying him.
Speaker 6: Now, that's and that's the essence of teamwork. It's not going to be one guy all the time, and you're seeing groups of guys doing it, but collectively, this is a team, and that's what you get.
Speaker 3: You're not going to get.
Speaker 6: Baseball is like even the greatest team is like a really good stock. Look at navidia stock. That thing doesn't go straight up. It goes more at a forty five degree angle, but it does well and it has some pullbacks. Right, That's what players do. So you just let it breathe a little bit and it'll come back and do what it's supposed to do. That's the essence of what the Dodgers have done this year.
Speaker 5: Joining us now from New York City, he is our Dodger insider. He is the best dead Dodger insider out there. He is David Vase, and he joins us now. David, good morning.
Speaker 8: Hey, good morning guys. I'm at Central Park getting some steps in. Got to change my lifestyle in a little bit earlier, trying to get out, move around and enjoying, Uh, the leaves changing here in Central Park. It's amazing, Uh, just how much a week changes this city. But I'm letting everybody know who's here, and it's La. LA's here.
Speaker 5: Wow, David, what is the mood of New York right now? With that team down three and the Dodgers stepping on their necks.
Speaker 8: I mean, let's just start with the crowd. I mean, this city has gone soft Joe. He should have been booed off the field yesterday, Fat Joe, and then Aaron Judge and the Yankees they're cheering him like they're trying to cheer on Trey Turner and Philly that never would go before. I mean, what has happened to Yankee fans and Yankee Stadium? They have gone soft?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 6: Hey, hey, Dave, I know you're getting some steps in working out a little bit. You would rather not be called fat Dave like fat Joe. Is that what I'm getting from you?
Speaker 8: Well, Steve, a lot of people caught me call me skinny fat day. I mean, starting with Don McLaine, who coined that phrase. I'm trying to change that. I'm trying to change that. Once the Dodgers wrap this up and Halloween is all over, I'll be back at F forty five out there in.
Speaker 6: The valley, nice day. Here's my question, though, is is everybody available tonight? I mean, given the circumstances, we know it's not show. Hey, I'm not saying that, but really I mean, given the fact that we had some guys being pushed a little bit yesterday, is everybody available tonight or are they going to hold something back?
Speaker 8: Well, I think you saw last night how Dave Roberts did not hesitate to have Lake trenon war him up behind.
Speaker 7: Kopek in the ninth inning.
Speaker 3: Its true.
Speaker 8: I mean that shows that he's not holding anything back. So yeah, I would say Steve all hands on deck to try to close this out. Dave Roberts said after the game last night he wants urgency. He's going to approach it with urgency, so I would have him. He's going to manage that way. A key reliever though, in tonight's game that you may not come to mind right away is Ben Caspirius, the rookie right hander who has made the last two rosters due to injuries, this time because of having the phillips to a certain extent. But Ben Casparius is definitely going to have to get at least four to six outs tonight for the Dodgers, So remember him, and he's up for the task. He's not he's not scared. He has mound presidence even as a rookie, and he's going to attack these Yankee hitters.
Speaker 5: Dave, we were talking about right before you came on, about how Show Hey carried this Dodgers team for most of the regular season.
Speaker 3: And here in the World Series.
Speaker 5: His presence is something obviously at the top of that lineup, but he's not, you know, hitting home lines. He's not necessarily producing at a high level like he was during the regular season. But when you got guys behind them and in front of him that are producing, now it's their chance to carry show Hey here in October.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, I know everybody wants to talk about Hey, but Freddie Freeman's the World Series MVP. He's carrying this offense right now. I mean, his two run home run last night just changed everything. Even though it was only two runs in the first inning. We all know about his heroics already in this World Series. To me, it's all about Freddie Freeman. He definitely every round a Dodger has put them on their back. I would say one through nine in the Mets NLCS series it was more of a complete offense. But right now, the bottom third of the Dodger order is hit or miss. I mean, last night it was great for Key k to drive in a run and Tommy Edman to do what he was doing. But it really has been Mooki and Freddy so far in the first three games of this World Series.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Dave, I wanted to see your opinion. Get your opinion on this body language of this. Okay, we see Soto jogging after a foul ball, looking at Anthony Rizzo. We see Stanton taking a bad route around third base and kind of a lackluster effort to get home play with a halfway slide. What is it with the Do they feel beaten now or is this kind of the moniker that they're going to have to carry into the postseason that I didn't see the hustle.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and you would be You would think the New York fans would let them hear it. Sure, I said, this fan base has changed, I mean very soft compared to what it used to be even fifteen years ago. Now, John Carlo Stanton bad route, right, Steve, But he was running hard. He just can't run fast. I mean that's the fact. It was a bad send and the Dodgers said, thank you very much. But going into the World Series, if you remember some of the things that were being said about the Yankees versus the Dodgers, and the tail of the tape was the little things. Yeah, you could get caught up in the big names, but when it comes down to it, and we've already seen it in the first three games of the World Series, pitching, defense, base running, the little things, hitting, the cutoff man being able to have the right infielder go out to be the cutoff man, to be able to keep the ball in front of you instead of allowing extra ninety feet. The Dodgers are doing all of it, and the Yankees that's who they've been all year long.
Speaker 5: You mentioned the pitching. Going to this series, we knew about the dogs in the bullpen for the Dodgers starting pitching. A lot of experts thought maybe the Yankees had the edge over the Dodgers because of the depth and because who they had out there. The first three games, the Dodgers three starters combined sixteen and two thirds innings a one to sixty two era. The Yankees three starters twelve inas combine with a six er. What can you say about the job that Dodgers three starting pitchers have done in all three of these games to basically buck that thought of that they're the lesser of the two rotations.
Speaker 8: I mean, everybody was so certain there was only one way to win the World Series. Uh, there are different ways to do it. And the Dodgers have three really good starting pitchers. Do they have five?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: But do you really need five in the player else? You really don't. It would have been nice to have one extra one, no doubt about it. It would have been nice not to have to do what they're going to do tonight and do a bullpen game. Blake Snell, by the way, can change that next year. Also, Uh, you know, so you've got guys like Clarity, Bueller and Ya Momoto that that are very capable, especially in the postseason.
Speaker 6: Well, Dave, I know one way you can get day, you know, Blake Snell over there. You can get a nice little party going over at Brad Paisley's place and maybe get this thing to move in. I mean, you've done it before, but look, I want to.
Speaker 8: Appoint brat Di and I already have talked about that, getting Boris and Friedman back at the Nashville barm close this Blake Snell deal.
Speaker 6: Okay, well you should get a little uh you know, snipen for that I think that's a pretty good thing. But I wanted to ask you to quickly, Dave, how about the defense of Max Munsey at third base?
Speaker 8: Something we overlook Let me just tell you one thing before you get to your next question.
Speaker 13: Sure we'll get We'll get the.
Speaker 8: Whiskey, and we'll get Boris and free minute. Maybe we'll FaceTime Blake Snell and make that deal happen. The Dodgers would not have to worry about a bullpen game. Life would be a lot easier. They would have two time two times Cy Young Award winner and also an ace, and be able to pair him with Yamamoto kershaw Otani. That would be maybe the greatest pitching rotation in recent baseball history. And you might even be able to keep me around for a couple of more years. Just pay smells with Dodger.
Speaker 3: Hey, you went.
Speaker 6: You went from question mark to the start of the starting rotation certainly to an absolute dynamic juggernaut, probably in the National League West. I think you're right about that, But you got to answer my question about Muncie. This is something that's been overlooked. He constantly makes play after play, tough plays over there, and we I don't want to take it for granted because those are not easy plays and he's he's just stacking them up one after another.
Speaker 8: Right Max m'sy has done a really good job at third. And it goes back Steve to spring training. Other teams marveled at the fact guys like Muncie Mookie, freddie Ki k Rojas, all these guys are out there five hours before Well, it goes back to spring training, five hours before the first pitch of the game, and you have guys like the Yankees when it's their time to have the field, nobody's out there, but the Dodgers have their stars out there. And it's been like that since day one. I know people jump on the Dodgers and teams that are on this stage, but they don't realize that what you're seeing right now is the Dodgers process since day one. Day one, they have had these guys out there five hours before first pitch, working on defense, working on cutoffs, working on throwing the bases. That's a testament to those guys, and there's a certain sense of peer pressure and accountability between these players to be out there and don't be late and put in your work to be ready for the game from Mookie Betts all the way down to Gavin Lux.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Dave? Is this sing over tonight? Are you back on a playing tomorrow morning? Coming back to LA getting ready for parade.
Speaker 8: I can't wait to show up at my house and say trick or treat. I'll be there for Halloween for my kids tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 5: All right, Well you got till Thursday technically, but yeah, that's right, all right, Dave.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 8: Win tonight. Then I gotta find a way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dave, Joy Central.
Speaker 7: Park Game Series.
Speaker 8: I'm not there for Halloween.
Speaker 3: That's true. That's true. All right, Dave. We appreciate it.
Speaker 5: We'll talk to you throughout the day here on a FI seventy LA Sports the Great David Investiate.
Speaker 1: The guy's up late last night.
Speaker 5: I think it was like one three in the morning his time in New York the last time I heard him sign off.
Speaker 3: And here he is. I know it's eleven or forty in the morning there, but he does it all.
Speaker 6: He's even able to procure the possibility of getting a Blake Snell here, all because of Vassa.
Speaker 5: He loves Blake Snell, I know he does. He loves himself. Some ploodn't everybody right? Get him over here? Whoa I mean the.
Speaker 3: Dodgers, get Blake SNeW.
Speaker 6: And and Bueller you sign him and show hey and go on and on the guys that are.
Speaker 5: Her shot off back all those guys, Tony Gonsolin get it. I mean, I'm talking twenty twenty five. Yeah, We're gonna come back and get Steve's keys to a Game four World Series win. By the way, he's been spot on all postseason along with his keys, and it'll have a Game four key coming up, and we'll try to get to your phone calls as well. Thanks for being patient, Thanks for being with us on this Tuesday morning, nine innings away from a World Series championship.
Speaker 1: We were a home of the Dodgers Anti seventy LA.
Speaker 5: Sports, Saxon Kates and the am here on n FI seventy LA Sports leading up to Game four the World Series Dodgers Yankees Dodgers a chance to close things out in this best of seven series with the win.
Speaker 1: Tonight, a bullpen game for the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Brogo Casino Dodgers on Dickets at All at four o'clock, first pitch at five oh eight from the Galpu Motors broadcast booth. We're brought to you by Chef Marinos Seasoning, the seasoning partner of the Dodgers. It's World Series time. Bring out the chef in you. Before we get to your key, Saxy, let's squeeze in a couple more phone calls. If we can appreciate everybody being patient, Incleaning Daniel and Santa Anna Daniel.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being patient this morning. Hey doing, good.
Speaker 14: Morning, gentlemen.
Speaker 7: Great to be back to talk to you guys.
Speaker 13: First, I want to thank.
Speaker 9: Mister Sax for taking the time to take a photo with my dad last night at the Yamaback Casino. Okay, telling me all about issue of the picture.
Speaker 8: That was really cool.
Speaker 3: Thank you so.
Speaker 9: And yeah, this is going to be pretty interesting if the Dodgers get to do it tonight. The Yankees have only been swept in the World Series three times. That happened against the New York Giants in nineteen twenty two, that happened, of course, against the Dodgers in nineteen sixty three, and then against the Reds in nineteen seventy six. If the Dodgers complete assistance, definitely be historic and and the bullpen matth you were mentioning them earlier. Those look like the insane clown posse masks if I remember correctly. Oh, either that or someone in there and that bullpen's into pro wrestling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the their masks from mister cartoon here in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks Daniel for their phone call. Man, really appreciate it.
Speaker 5: They are mister Cartoon mask and they have been kind of adopted by the Dodgers' bullpen. I believe Bruce dark gratterol Ax Alex VESSI was the first one to bring him in to the Dodgers' bullpen. And now all of them wearing and now you can actually.
Speaker 3: Buy them online.
Speaker 5: Uh, if you wanted to wear those mister cartoon clown masks that they're all wearing we talked about earlier.
Speaker 3: So squeeze in another one.
Speaker 5: Okay, if we can't, Guirmo and Glendale, welcome to saxon Kate today.
Speaker 3: Am I doing Girmo? Go ahead? Germo?
Speaker 13: Oh, Hello, good morning guys, morning go ahead.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 13: Well, super excited to be on the cusp of just an amazing event here and I'm super fired up. What I wanted to ask Saxy is something I've wondered about for well years now, and that's the psychology of hitting. And what my question is is when you have these premier hitters in these situations where you just, i mean, everybody except the hitter, it seems, knows that they're not going to get a ball to hit, but there they are, swinging out of the strike zone continually and then show hey being one of them of late.
Speaker 5: It's a great point because you know you're going in thinking, well, we're not going to pitch the show and we're not going to pitch to Aaron Judge. We're gonna make Aaron Judge chase. He knows that, right, like, don't chase the ball, don't chase the outside pitch. Of course he still chases it.
Speaker 6: Right, Okay, I'll try to I'll make it real quick because you always have to look for the fastest pitch unless you're guessing, and that's a dangerous area to get in. You're guessing for a pitch that's that's very dangerous because if you're wrong, you're going to be wrong real bad. So you'll always have to be set for the heater. You heard Freddie Freeman talk about that. After you the home run. I always got to be on time for the heater. That means be ready for the fastball and adjust to the slower pitch. The problem is if you don't pick it up. It's all about seeing the baseball. If you don't see it, you think it's a fastball, looks just like it's same armslought, same arm speed, and you think it's a fastball and it's not. And that's when you go out of the zone and swing and miss. So you got to see the baseball.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: Saxy Game four tonight, Dodgers a three to zero series lead. It's a bullpenning game for the Dodgers. Louise Heel is going for the Yankees, who was a really good pitcher for them here during the regular season.
Speaker 1: What's the key? How do they close out.
Speaker 3: This World Series?
Speaker 6: Okay, so what Obviously Louis Heel is probably not going to be affected by the moment. He's been there and done that this whole year. Strong consideration for AO Rookie of the Year this year, even though you may not have heard him. He's had a really good season fifteen and seven with a really good era in the threes. So he's done his job. So the obvious one tonight is how good is a bullpen going to be. I think getting off the mark and holding them down for the first three innings is going to be part of that key so they can get some momentum going. Also, I think what you're gonna see in this well rounded lineup. We've seen sho Hey and Betts and Freeman, taoscar and Andis has shown pretty bright this year. But I think what we're gonna see, We're gonna see it start to turn a little bit now. I think you're gonna see something really great tonight from the righty lefty matchup of Max Munsey and Luise Heel and you know what, throw key k in there too. They've been around this whole series doing great things. You're gonna see them shine tonight. That's my key.
Speaker 5: How important is it for the Dodgers to score early, score first, jump out to that lead to maybe squash any confidence that the Yankees may still have fluttering around.
Speaker 6: And take the Yankee fans out of the game because they're gonna be a little bit ticked off tonight, right And you see the splits on the team that score first most of the time they win. So it's a great Key, Tim, You're absolutely right.
Speaker 5: Dodgers Yankees Game four, Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, gets it all start at four pm, first pitch at five to oh eight. A bullpen game for the Dodgers Saxy tomorrow morning. I hope we are talking about a parade, Yes, the plans for a parade, the details of a parade, and an eighth World Series championship for the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Good chance for that team. Don't let him up. We'll talk tomorrow, all right. That's Steve Sas.
Speaker 5: Thanks to Michelle, thanks to Katie, and thanks to you for being a part of the show this morning. We could not get to you. I apologize. We'll get to you this morning or tomorrow morning. We're back at it from six am to nine am. Sax and Kate to the AM on your Home of the Future, twenty twenty four World Series Champion Los Angeles Dodgers, Solong, Everybody,