Speaker 1: All right, you're listening to the world famous Ben and Skin Show. In this segment right here is brought to you by Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. Only one location in all of DFW, but it's so good that it was named best pizzeria in DFW by readers of the Dallas Morning News. It's located in Plano Skin. Where exactly is it and why are people flocking there?
Speaker 2: Well, they're going there because they've heard the news and it is the best pizza in Dallas.
Speaker 3: Who's telling you that?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm telling you that, but also the readers of the Dallas Morning News they voted it that way. They have five distinct styles of pizza and all of them Crush Detroit, Chicago, Philly, Tavern, New York, and their own Dallas style. You gotta try them all great bar, grape pasta dishes. Right there at Preston Plano Parkway. It's Andrews's American Pizza Kitchen.
Speaker 3: Well, right now it's time for this, And now it's time for Basis with Day Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun Tweets.
Speaker 1: Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 3: All right, so the storm that hit early this morning is moving in a huge line eastward and it was around like here our part of the metrics where we live in the line, we're on. Christina lives in Dallas, I'm in Richardson skin, you're an Allen being up. We're kind of the same line about five thirty. But you know, western part of the metripucks got at three four am and it kind of moved on throughout the morning commute. The National Weather Service confirmed that it was an F one tornado that touched down in Irving, Whoa, that's at Pioneer Drive and MacArthur traveled less than half a mile when gust reached one hundred and ten miles per hour.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the F one being the weakest, the F five being the strongest.
Speaker 3: Yes, is that right? Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I saw pictures of an apartment complex that looks like it got beat up pretty good.
Speaker 3: I don't know, there's a lot of stuff like that, but I say it back to there's a F zero two, which is dumb. It should be one through five on the Fujita scale, but it is what it is. Do you like F one? Merry one? Your one? I love watching F one. I do like, Yeah, Formula FM, f m K your favorite f one drivers, Kat, why don't you do our show? No, that's incestuous. No, I mean, just for the sake of you should do it, Kevin, clearly you still Christina Ben's the Marion tape inerving a tree, uh fell on top of a house of a fella? God, what would you do? I mean, you're what in the hell your tree that you've known all this time lands on your house and destroys your house.
Speaker 4: That you've known. If we do have a giant tree, and I was scared of that this morning, and you don't think about it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's a weird relationship Kevin has with his tree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well been through a lot. Uh part of a tree across the street flew several feet and damaged one of this guy's vehicles. Too uprooted and over And this is why I learned. I've got a guy who does some tree work over and fourth knowing for a long time, and he was explaining to me root rot. Do you guys know much about root rot? If your tree's got root rot, then it's more susceptible during high wind events like this to being uprooted because it's got root rot and not good sean roots. Did this guy try to sell you some root rot insurance? No, I've noticed that. I was a kid, good guy.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: For us in our we don't have to worry about root rot as much.
Speaker 1: We got to worry about poor trampoline stability time down right, that wind gets under those trampolines they go flying around the suburbs.
Speaker 3: When I had that mess last May, when the big tornado, well the high wind event, and that uprooted my tree in the backyard and took out my neighbor's fence across the alley. In the alley there was tornado, and I was like, I mean there was a trampoline, and I was like, God knows who's trampoline this is, but it's there and it's all ripped up and sideways. But it's like it could be from two neighborhoods down because my neighborhood was destroyed. The National Weather Service, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Encore says more than three hundred thousand customers were without power as of six am this morning. I lost power, yea, my wife. I asked her. I was like, is your phone charge? Because I'm always charged and she was like nope, forty nine percent on her phone. I was like, what are you doing there? Bro about to lose power? Winds tore off part of the roof on Plano West High School. All right, Well, three hundred flights delayed at DFW, sixty eight flights delayed at love Field. Name them? Well, I know there was one that was from George Bush to DFW that got delayed because our boss Elliott was supposed to have a flight get pushed back. A little bit far north Dallas is where we'll go now, Marsh Lane. There's an apartment complex had multiple billings of buildings that collapsed and chimneys were blown up off some roofs. Chimneys, not chimeneas, were lifted up and thrown around. Now because the chimney a craze disappeared in like nineteen ninety eight, it really did come and go it.
Speaker 1: Kevin went so fast I kill I think it's gonna make a resurgence.
Speaker 3: I'd like to sell you mine, dude.
Speaker 2: I would like to you know what I'd like to do. I'd like someone to make me a good offer to get rid of my pool. Didn't you get a hernia lifted up one of those. Now it was a pumpkin. It was a giant cement pumpkin. It was the heaviest thing ever. And it was like it was in my old house where I wasn't able to take it through the house because it was so big it wouldn't fit through the door. So I carried it around on the side. And then when I finally set the thing, and it was like kind of had to, you know, walk it like a little duck because it was so heavy. And then when I set that thing down.
Speaker 3: I was like, man, it doesn't really feel good. And there that sucks. Think something happened.
Speaker 1: Okay, back to your pool situation though, Yeah, now that our kids are older, I too would be okay, get rid of the pool. And I told you that I had a neighbor who got an estimate. I don't know what type of pool they were trying to get done, but I remember pools used to be seventy five grand and one hundred grand and one hundred and twenty five grand, And then I heard of somebody getting one for like two twenty five and they had a little bar in it and all this stuff. These guys went and got a pool estimate and it was half a million dollars.
Speaker 3: Just insane.
Speaker 1: Half a million dollars for a pool for a water park. Yeah, I don't know what all it entailed.
Speaker 3: I want it.
Speaker 2: I want to know how much it costs to fill my pool up and turn it into like some nice landscaping.
Speaker 1: Just filled up the concrete, put the turf over it. Yeah, put some turf over it. I don't want that thing anymore.
Speaker 2: Is every time I walk out there, another piece of brick falls into another piece of stone just falls into it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, shouldn't we just do this?
Speaker 1: Shouldn't we just sell our homes to younger families who are going to use the pool and'll value it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's a I love that idea, and then go way overpay.
Speaker 3: For another home on the mall. Yeah, everything sucks. McKinny id building was heavily damaged with collapsed walls and overturned construction trailers. Terrant County. Two eighteen wheelers were tipped over by the wind on thirty five and Dell earn Hart Boulevard. Never would have happened on Dale's watch. I'll tell you that much is that over in Rowanoke? I take it yeah, that area. Yeah. Another eighteen wheeler overturned in Gainesville, Okay, Arlington, get this trees down blocking Fielder Road in Arlington, Okay, blocking traffic. Hug Tree getting knocked over because root rot, probably over there by where Prince Fielder once plied his craft. Last up day, Lewisville, Benjamin Moore Paints Warehouse had a big hole in the building because of this and this, I mean, this thing attacked the entire metroplex. Usually it's a couple parts of it. Some people get it worse. I think everyone got it equally because this thing we just sliding right across in one huge line.
Speaker 1: But we're we're not through the woods right in this like the the window. Like we're gonna start getting a lot more of these What.
Speaker 3: You mean like springtime? Yeah, I problem. Yeah, I think it's pretty good this week.
Speaker 4: I did think we were expecting another storm tonight.
Speaker 3: Really, Oh we are?
Speaker 4: Are we?
Speaker 3: I'm not expecting? What are your models saying? I got expectations? So okay, what do your models look like? That pretty late laying low? Honestly, it's gonna be windy tomorrow. I'm windy. How what are his models? But no more storms? For a while. No, I don't think so. Some high winds, all right, you know, just some high winds. The high winds will continue, which is creepy and bad.
Speaker 1: My app shows a picture of those winds, you know, at each hour. Yeah, and there's like winds, like a picture of wind.
Speaker 3: It's my fear. Not that I'm losing sleepover it or anything, but the winds start fires and we have we turn into the Hollywood Hills even though we don't have hills.
Speaker 1: Didn't we get a bunch of rain last not really, not a bunch, didn't.
Speaker 3: I'm not a not like five inches. We got like half an inch on my gauge. I was about to ask four of an inch. Send Roxy out there to go look at the rain game. I do it myself. I'm a man. Damn.
Speaker 1: What you're saying that women don't have the capacity to figure out how to do that?
Speaker 3: They can do it. But it's kind of my deal, you know, I s the rain gage. I'd like to distance from that sexism. Honey, why'd we buy this chiming here? Now? If she wanted to get competitive and to have her own rain gauge on the other side of the lawn.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't that freak you out if it showed way different results?
Speaker 3: What an inch and a half and over here we got three tenths of an inch? What happened to lose that one? It's like that sportscaster I got a bullet train update. Well, I feel like I've been giving bullet train updates on this show since I joined it in twenty thirteen. But I think you have man the Dallas to Houston high speed row, and you guys have had talking about it in conversation since the late seventies, So, I mean, this has been a story a long time. But Amtrak is now expressing interest in developing the route, which has been talked about for decades. Literally Now they're looking for something that they call a quote delivery partner to manage the design and construction, and it would be a ninety minute train to Houston. Is that necessary? Well? I was thinking about this in terms of our our management. You know, our bosses are spent a lot of time in Houston back and forth a lot, but that's four or five hour drive, give or take. So it's like the ninety minute bullet trainer would be great bullet train managing people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've done the I've done the I don't know if it's technically a bullet train, but the train ride from New York to Philly. It's a nice way to roll, man, it really is. I mean, if you're not like rental car person who just puts you in the heart of the city. So I mean, I think it would be great, and you can It's easier to work on a train than it is on an airplane. So if your business guy going back and forth, I see the value of it.
Speaker 1: I just don't see why there's that much necessity to get back and forth from Houston to Dallas. Now you know what I mean, Oh people going back and forth? Yeah, I mean there's so much so like there's so many office buildings that are empty, and how many people are assuming and but it's like that there's that those are the two cities that are doing the most business in Texas.
Speaker 3: Do you all know anybody that farts around with von Lane?
Speaker 1: I've heard of those. I heard of luxury buses. Yeah, I think our buddy Cido does that. Okay, I think it's I think it's the thing for a businessman to do. And I guess the bullet train would interfere with the Von Lane experience.
Speaker 4: It could be fun to go to like sporting events down in Houston. Yeah, I've been to the Jackson Stadium and that stadium's awesome.
Speaker 3: That or concerts too, yes, because there's sometimes artists who like, I've hit Houston, but I didn't come through Dallas, and you're like, what the hell? You could run?
Speaker 2: You could run to Houston and get Bunbee's Trilburger for lunch and come on back be a nice little after.
Speaker 3: The problem is the acquisition of the farmland that you would need for this. But that's where Europe's got it. I mean, God, just from zoom zoom zoom all over the country and we just can't do that. And I imagine we'll be talking about the bullet train when I'm into my one hundred and twenties and thirties. You know, one more story, did you guys? You know I'm gonna play audio here? Actually you guys know popular band Puddle of Mud yep, the lead singer Westkantland. Hey, uh no, he's claiming he's gone through a lot. They had a rough show over the weekend. I want you to listen to Wes here ready, Christina.
Speaker 2: Yeap, I suck, I suck and I sucked, but I was roofie.
Speaker 1: My old bass player, Sawn Simon rufied me last night.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, they says old bass player. His old bass player roofied him last night. Now I'm not clear if they were hanging out or what happened to me. Allow clip of him singing, but I don't is it revenge? It's a bad fan recording, so I don't know. Like it's hard to tell. And honestly, that's kind of how he always sounds. Yeah, I think it's very strange that he's just like, I suck, I suck and I suck. My old days player roofed me last night. So that's why it sounded like weird, very weird.
Speaker 2: Why did he sound like that when he did that Nirvana cover see exactly.
Speaker 4: That's that's why it's like, I don't know why why he would even say this, because he's probably it's probably not true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably not true. He's a he's a lot to take.
Speaker 1: All right, Good job, there you have it, Thank you, Kevin. Coming up next, let's talk TV shows. At what point do you know that it's time to bail on a TV show. We'll talk about that in All the Best Shows on TV next