Speaker 1: I were live today, Whiles. That's front Keias.
Speaker 2: Seven seventy West Riverdale Road in Ogden, thirteenth Daniel Memorial Day weekend tent sale with a bunch of great deals vehicles for every member of the family, mom, dad, children, What have you?
Speaker 1: Seven seventy West Riverdale Road in.
Speaker 2: Augden, thirteenth Daniuel Memorial Day weekend tent Sale.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: When I saw our next guest was on the rundown today, I shed a tear. My heart broke a little bit. Tony Jones was last night real? I feel like it was a fever dream. Dude, did lastnight actually happen?
Speaker 3: I can safely tell you that, you know we I've been doing your show for how long?
Speaker 1: Six years?
Speaker 3: Six years. I've never not looked forward to doing a hit with you until today.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's fair, that's fair. On the pantheon. You know, Porter's a young Porter's a young Nick fan. We love them, but let's give him a big hug.
Speaker 2: You and I are ogs, and so I thought about that James Franco gift where it's like a first time right on the pantheon of heartbreak that we've all suffered throughout the course of the year.
Speaker 1: Where did last night rank for you?
Speaker 3: This is one of the worst losses in Tranchise history. This is this is up there with you and missing the layup. This is up there with eight points and nine seconds. This is up there where Reggie going off for twenty five on us in the fourth quarter. This is up there with starts missing shot after shot after shot and Pat Rolly keeping him in the game. Uh to go two for eighteen in the Game seven of the NBA Finals. I mean, this is this is up there with you know, Roy Hibbert. You know I love Roy because he's a Georgetown guy, But you know, blocking Carmelo at the rim. I mean, this is this is up there with the most tankful law that I've ever suffered as a nicked fan, full stop. I I went on a run last night just to try to clear my head. And when I stopped, I had got into six miles and I didn't even know it.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, man, I mentioned this to start of the show. I'm not even kidding. I couldn't sleep, Like I went to bed, I watched inside, I watched Van Pelt, I read a couple of recaps, and then I tried to go to bed, and I kept thinking about OG's lack of closing out on Nie Smith, Josh Hart slipping twice and giving Nie Smith these open looks, and I knew Kat was going to miss one. I thought OG was going to make both. I don't even know where to hone in, dude, Like, was there ever a moment? So I said this earlier when Jalen hit the step back three to make it one nineteen one oh five, even though the PTSD of the Nick fandom and me was clearly alive and well, I just thought, there just is not enough time left, like it's a fourteen point game they do like the Pacers just don't have enough time. So part of me allowed myself to get to get excited. Then was there a point in the game where you were relaxed, You're like, yep, we got this, it's done, you know.
Speaker 3: I thought I thought it around one nineteen one oh five that I was like, okay, this, this seems safe. But when it got to one nineteen one thirteen, even though there was under a man left, there were forty one seconds left, I was like, yeah, but the Bucks blew this, And that was what I was thinking and I was like, if anybody could mimic the Milwaukee Bucks, just us, And that's exactly what we did. And then and then Holly gives us a second shot at Knight and the twist the Nights even more. We scored the first four points in overtime, and then you're like, okay, you know, we scored the first four points in overtime. And then on that next postion shit, Myles Turner turns the ball over and I'm like, oh, okay, we're good, We're good, We're on the break. That was a gold ten stace.
Speaker 1: Yes it was, Yes, it was, yes, it was.
Speaker 3: That was a goaltend that absolutely hit the glass. First, we should have had a six point lead. Instead, the goal ten wasn't called and they come down in transition and them right hit the three, and that that, for all intentsive purposes, ended the game for us, because it took the wind out of our sales. It took the win out of the sales of the garden. And then we got tight and we didn't run a good offensive possession the rest of the game. And that was sick to my stomach. Og throwing that past the Brunton was so much space in between there was too much space for that pass. And then the first replay, Oh my dear god, that went off of Jalen. We're gonna lose the game. It was, I mean, it was you know when you talk about, yeah, you want it quick and easy, right, you don't want to slow burn. And that's when last night was. It was just a slow burn into oblivion. And it hurt. It hurts so badly.
Speaker 1: It did. It did.
Speaker 2: And uh, you know, we'll get to how you think they're gonna react, because if there is good news, it was game one. It wasn't Game seven against the Rockets when John couldn't find the broadside of a barn. So there's plenty of time left. But we'll get to that in a moment. Let's stick with the game, Tony, I led with this. I love Tom Thibodeau. I've known him forever. He was Jeff's assistant back in the day. He got out coached last night. I mean a couple of challenges where I'm watching on TV and Jalen's offensive foul on Ni Smith, and of course every player stands up and does the thing with a finger like review that I'm like, don't review it a it's too early in the game. B. You're gonna lose that challenge. See, you're going to lose the time out. And on three different occasions, Indiana Pacer players turned towards Rick Carlisle to ask him to challenge plays early in the game, and Rick said, no, go play.
Speaker 1: I'm hanging on to him, and he hung on to his challenges.
Speaker 2: That allowed him to challenge two massive plays at the end, including the possession that you just referenced, that both went Indiana's way. The analytical community has taken a lot of l's this year. I don't know why we're fouling up three with thirteen seconds left, Like that's too much time.
Speaker 1: So I and rotationally.
Speaker 2: You know, there's not a lot of hard data that indicates Tom Thibodeau plays his players too much and therefore they get hurt. Og was tired. He didn't close out on three different Nie Smith threes. Josh Hart slipped twice. He was tired. Jalen had two horrific turnovers. Cat missus free throws. O G misses a free throw, like, I think Tom has to wear this little bit Tony. I thought Rick Carlisle completely out coached him last night.
Speaker 3: I agree, and I thought he completely uh you know, out schemed him down a stretch when it comes to making an end game adjustment, you know. And I think that the biggest thing that that Rick got his guys to do was just keep playing. And they never stopped playing, like you know, they we hit them with that fifteen O run without Jinglen, which will never happen again in this series. Like that was a that was a complete gift that Indiana imploded in that stretch and that that will never happen again with Jalen Brunston off the floor in this series, and we wasted it. And but the key was that, you know, they got them together, They kept playing, They got onto the next play. You know, every time that Jalen foul drifted and got a call, you know, they didn't show much frustration. They got to it, they got to the next play, They kept playing. And we kind of imploded a little bit in terms of the other way. We didn't show as much maturity as Indiana did. And I gotta tell you, Spence, I think we lost the series last night. Like I know, it sounds pretty stupid to say that you lost the series in one game, but I think we lost the series in one game. And I'll tell you why. The longer this series goes, the more disadvantage that we're gonna be in because uh, Indiana played so fast and they're so teams, We're gonna be more fatigued and more fatigued as the series goes on. We cannot afford to play this series from behind. We have to play this series for my head. So we have to win the next two games. And even if we let's say we let's say we win tomorrow night, let's say we get one of the two games in Indiana, it's still to two series. The only thing that means that it's going six to seven. And if it go six or seven, Indiana has such a big advantage because they're going to be so much more fresh. They have five guys, our five starters all play at least thirty eight minutes a game. They do not have a start, single starter that plays over thirty four minutes. Again, that's huge, especially in an every other day series. And that's why I thought last night was so important. We needed to get on we needed to jump on top in this series.
Speaker 2: So now that leads me to the next point, and you know, it's This is what makes sports fascinating because I can't sit here and tell you that you're wrong. I think that's one of the reasons why I was watching the game last night, and then after it ended the way it did, I'm like, Okay, that's not just an L. Like there are l's and then there are l's that steal your soul.
Speaker 1: And that's what last night was.
Speaker 2: So if we move over into potential solutions for Tom Thibodau and the New York Knicks, can they dust off Precious at you?
Speaker 1: A can? Can Precious give you ten minutes? Can you dust off Landry Shammitt? Can he give you ten or twelve minutes?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Are there solutions on the roster? Did allow og to get a blow for four or five minutes? Or Josh, just shit for I'm not talking about Precious giving you twenty five minutes, man, I'm talking about Precious at Youah, Landry Shammitt giving you ten or twelve minutes? Here there, can Tom extend his rotation a little bit because the other thing Tony starting out of the game Indiana couldd miss. But the other thing I noticed is the Knicks were trying to match their pace and it was working because the Knicks can play fast. But I just started to wonder, like, how is this going to look at the end of the game when Rick can go ten to eleven deep to your point, eleven players averaging ten or more minutes a night, and Tom continues to stick with his seven man rotation quasi eight man because Campaign played some minutes because Jalen was in foul trouble. Do you think Tom can extend his rotation a little bit, dust off some of these players at the end of the bench, just to give the starters a little bit of a rest here or there.
Speaker 3: Tom Zibodeau has the line right on his bench, Okay, Tyrese Haliburton was cooking us in the fourth quarter and on the stretch the line. Wright has been in the NBA for ten years for one reason, one reason only, because he is an absolutely dogged the perimeter defender. Even if he's not what he was at his team, and he's not he's not the defender he was at his teak, but he's still a good defender. You mean to tell me that he couldn't steal four possession on time he's Halliburton, Just to give him another look, just to see what happens. You know, that's the thing you know with Ton Tiboda, that always holds him back. He's two set in his ways. But we can sit here right now, we could be like, yeah, precious Truer is capable of giv him five to five to ten minutes, and he is. And Landry Shama is capable of coming and you know, not hurting me for five minutes, and he is. But it's not gonna matter because Time's not gonna do it. He's gonna stay with the same seven guys for forty eight minutes. He's gonna say, with the same starters for forty two to forty five minutes. Josh Harden is gonna play forty six minutes, and he's gonna ride with that until OG's hamstring is falling off the boat. And then when and then when we lose the series. Uh, and then when we lose the series, Leon ROAs shall fire him and go and get a coach that adjust, because that's what Tom does. Yeah, he leads to the water. He leads you to the water, but he's not capable of making you drink.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's never coached in an NBA finals as a head coach. His NBA Finals experience consists of him being an assistant with.
Speaker 1: Jeff back in the day.
Speaker 2: All right, one more thing here and then we've got a couple of other things to do. Of course, we need to talk some jazz and the Denver Nuggets have made a decision on their head coach, and hell, there's a game tonight. Just tell me what you anticipate in Game two tomorrow night. Nick's are a five point five point favorite.
Speaker 1: That line is a little big for me.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be stunned actually, based off of maybe the energy of the crowd, and I would imagine a really frustrated group if New York comes out tomorrow and smokes them. I'm not going to predict that because again, PTSD, what do you think happens tomorrow night?
Speaker 3: Well, the thing about Tomorrow night that's fascinating is Indiana is has been the one team in this postseason in the NBA that hasn't and when they've gotten up one nothing on the road, they haven't been satisfied. Like I covered, you know, the Nuggets last you know, I've been covering the Nuggets and when they got a one nothing against Oklahoma City, they were clearly fine with going back to ball Arena with the splay, you know, and okay, see beat them by like eighty points, and you know that's what scares me. You know, it scares me that, you know, we could play a good game tomorrow night and Indiana can still just take it a smile and they're still capable of winning the game, because that's what they did the Cleveland last series. You know, Game two K Cleveland came out, guns are blazing. Uh. You know, Donovan was scored drop forty. They made every shot in the enda state in it and stayed in it and stayed and how and Halliburton killed them at the end. You know, So we're gonna have to play forty eight minutes and it doesn't matter if we're up by seventy points. We gotta keep playing like our life, depending on our life depends on it. Because the Pacers are not just gonna lay down just because of this game too, and they've already got to split. You know, they're they're kind, they've been really hungry, and they've been really good at being really hungry. Uh, in these playoffs. There reason, while last week I sat on your show and I was like, yeah, the Pacers can win the NBA Championship. They're capable, and uh, you know, they're they're really good. You know, I think they're they're not getting as much love as they deserve because you know, they don't have a top ten guy. But you know, people watch if you watch them after night, possession after possession, you know, that's just a really, really, really good basketball team, and it's it's gonna be tough for us to get a winner all night.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move over to tonight's Game two.
Speaker 2: Ok See, you know, defensively, in the first half, they were really good Game one because they're insanely tough on defense, and then the defense even ratcheted up in the second half. Julius Randall disappeared and wasn't very aggressive, and then SGA got going and their offense got tiken. They ran Minnesota off the floor in game one. What are you expecting tonight for Game two?
Speaker 3: You know, the thing about you know Oklahoma City is Dave probably your best defense, one of the best defenses I've ever seen, has just turning you over and speeding you up. I mean they, you know, Golden State at its peak did that. The teams, you know, for everything that people talked about Golden State offensively. You know, the thing I was most impressed with that dynasty was how good they work defensively, and you know the way that they the way the Oklahoma City steed you up, and you know, they they battle you, and they fight you, and they fight you and they kick and they clawed and they spit and they do you know, just all kinds of things that throw you off kilter. You know, it's kind of amazing, uh that Denver actually took them to seven seven games. You know, the thing that Minnesota has to do, and the thing that any team has to do against the thunder team is they have to you have to make threes. You have to make a lot of them, because they put five guys in the paint and they basically say, we're we're strong enough too to battle you and put five guys in a paint, but we're quick enough to recover and and contest and contest.
Speaker 4: You from three point range.
Speaker 3: You know. So the thing that the thing that Minnesota is gonna have to do if they want to win this series is they're gonna have to make threes. They're gonna have to make a lot of them. And then they're gonna have to keep getting stops. Essentially, they got stops in the first half, but they didn't get stops in the second half, you know, so you know, those are those are some of the things that they do. I think it goes to nothing tonight and then we'll see, you know, if the Timerwolves are good enough to respond twice at Target Center in Minneapolis. I'll be covering those games for the Athletics, so you know, read my stories on them. But you know, right now, you've got to think that Oklahoma City has a pretty big advantage.
Speaker 1: All right, you reference your cover.
Speaker 2: You've been covering the Nuggets all year long, and they have made a decision. I don't know that it's that much of a surprise, but David Adelman will be the head coach. They're removing the interim tag. Josh Croncky announced that today. Your thoughts on what we heard out of Denver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is I mean, you know, me and Sam Maymen reported on Sunday that this was likely to happen. Uh So, God bless Sham's getting the clean up on that. But you know, we we had already kind of reported the bulk of that. You know, it's not surprising at all. He deserves it. I thought he coached the heck of a playoff, the a hell of a playoff. I thought he out coached Tylu in the first round. He you know, he's been terrific and and his the thing, I mean, the players wanted him. You know, Nicola Jokis wanted David Adalman, Aaron Gordon wanted David Adaman, Jamal Murray wanted David Adaman, and those are the three people who didn't want Michael Malone. So you know, uh, Josh Coroncky was always going to listen to what the players wanted there, and you know, our frankly, you know, David Adaman went out in the playoffs and and invalidated what the players wanted because, like I said, I thought he coached a heck of a playoffs, and you know, I thought, I think that he completely deserves the job.
Speaker 2: All right, son, last thing before he said you loose the combine is now in the rearview mirror. Sarah Todd, our mutual friend in front of the show, as reporting the Jazz have interviewed the following for the fifth overall pick. As the deserect News plays a video as I pull up the website.
Speaker 1: Ace Bailey, Trey Johnson, VJ.
Speaker 2: Edgecombe, Jeremiah Fears, con K Nipple, the Mallawatch Kid, Casperus, Jakaccionis, Derek Queen, and Jace Richardson and obviously interviewed Cooper Flag and Dylan Harper.
Speaker 1: But they will not be on the board at five.
Speaker 2: As you've gone throughout your draft prep before I say you loose as of today, who do you think is best case for the Jazz to walk away with at five in the draft?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it's going to you know, I've been saying this on Twitter the whole time. You know, Ace Bailey, Trey Johnson, and VJ as Canmer in the same tier of player. All three of those guys are very good talents who all have star outcomes as they're sailing. So if so for the Jazz, it's going to be you know, who you bring in for a workout. How you like all three of those guys? Which of those guys you like the most? Is there a guy outside of those three that you like better than one of those three? You know? Do you fall in love with Derek Queen? Do you fall in love with Jeremiah Fears. Do you fall in love with Milo? Watch? Do you fall in love with Kaka Npul? You know, so those are the questions that the jazz have to answer. One of those three in that tier are going to be available, So you know, in the Jazz has lived with one of those three. All three of those guys has very have different unique things that I really like about him. Like, I love DJ as comes athleticism. I love the way he defends. I love the fact that he's six four instead of six' to one in three quarters LIKE i thought he was going to measure at the, combine AND i love that he has a six or seven wings. Fan so now we thought for the entire year They, yeah you, KNOW i LIKE dj has come a, lot but can he played the point guard spot because you know he's going to be undersized as a two. Guard well now he's no longer undersized as a two, guard so you, KNOW i love. HIM i like him even more. NOW i Love Trey johnson's offensive skill set and, uh you, know the things that he does, offensively he reminds me of a Young Devin, booker you, know but what does he do? Defensively what can he what can he do other than scoring scoring the? Basketball you, Know so in The Ash Bailey Ace bailey might have the highest ceiling out of anybody in this draft not Named Cooper. Flag he does not have a higher ceiling Than Cooper. Flag people ask, that and people say that it's not. True but he might have the second highest ceiling in this. Draft you. Know he's a six foot nine shooting guard small. Forward but he also might have the lowest floor out of anybody in this draft that has a star outcome as a. Ceiling you. Know so he might be a guy who could be An All. Star he might also be Cam, reddish you. Know so The jazz have to figure out which one is more likely to be, uh you, know by the time he's twenty five years. Old SO i think it is a fascinating spot for The jazz to be, in uh AND i think that they have a lot of work to, do, uh to you, know really break down those three candidates and really you, know answer the question for themselves whether there's whether there's anybody outside of those, three uh that can upseirt those three as a, prospect or whether they're gonna go with one of those.
Speaker 2: Three all, right, Buddy, well thanks for the time. Today hang in there and keep hope. Alive that's my message to you on This.
Speaker 1: Thursday, okay no, Problem thank you so.
Speaker 3: Much.
Speaker 2: Man Tony jones covers The jazz and The nuggets and THE nba does some draft stuff for the Athletic get them On twitter at T jones on THE. Nba all, right before we catch a, break we welcome in our, Guy Jordan harris From Pure Life medical on A thursday. Afternoon, Jordan Happy thursday.
Speaker 4: Man how you, doing Hey, Spence i'm doing. Fantastic thank you so much for.
Speaker 1: Asking appreciate the.
Speaker 2: Time so you guys over A Pure Life, medical you provide many services for, people but a big one is stem cell.
Speaker 1: Therapy excuse, me, so how exactly does this?
Speaker 4: Work?
Speaker 1: Jordan, yeah that's.
Speaker 4: Correct stem cell therapy is amazing.
Speaker 3: Stuff.
Speaker 4: Right, so stem cells home to areas of pain and inflammation in our. Bodies so if you have a bad, knee, shoulder, back whether it's a herniated, disk torn, rotator, cuff, hornminissis whatever it might, be stem cells are attracted to these areas of pain and can help reduce set inflammation and just get us help feeling.
Speaker 2: Better how do you know if you need or if you could benefit from stem cell.
Speaker 4: Therapy you, know that's a great question if you're looking for a more holistic method of getting treated, right or if you just got a knee or a back or shoulder that's not getting better, right or it's got, this you, know small tear in your shoulder and you just don't want to go and have surgery. Right stem cells could be a pastic. Option they just they helped so well in our bodies. Naturally response about that kneeling and.
Speaker 2: Recovery how can people go about getting a consultation with you guys over at Pure Life Medical.
Speaker 4: Jordan that's a great. Question we've got our website It's purelifecottwood dot, com as well as our number three eight five three four two two five nine. Eight we're happy to take anybody to call and get them set up with that free stem cell.
Speaker 2: Consultation thank you, Sir Happy, THURSDAY i have a great.
Speaker 1: Weekend we'll chatchoo us.
Speaker 3: Well Thanks man's ticket