Speaker 1: It's nice time with Unrazy Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Well, those of you who perhaps don't have the hockey game, there is a hockey game tonight which we're going up against, and that is the the Ford Nation Finale at Boston Garden. The game is now tied at two to two after three periods of play, so the teams are entering the overtime segment, which will be a twenty minute period or whoever, it's a sudden death typical the old school NHL. None of this three on three staff or shootouts. This is twenty minutes of hockey. If nobody scores, another twenty minutes of hockey until someone scores. The two goals for the US have been scored by Brady Kochuk and Jacob Sanderson. The Canadian goals by Nathan McKinnon and Sam Bennett. And as someone has just written, which I'm reading, there will be one more goal scorer in this game, and that play will instantly become a national hero. So that's what's going on. Will keep you posted. If you're watching the game, you can keep the audio down and participate. Listen to nights Side and even maybe participate. We talked a couple of hours about this situation in Somerville, which really troubles me. I don't like to see communities taking advantage of their residents, and I think that that's what's going on in Summerville. This is an extraordinary snowstorm or a series of snowstorms. But we're going to put that on ice part in the pun, because that's what. Pretty much all the sidewalks in Somerville are on ice, so they can go around and find everybody. I'd like to go to a different sort of controversy, and this is one that the airlines I think are responsible for. We have had several at least one major, well two major crashes, one up in Toronto a couple of days ago, in which no one was killed. Miraculously, how that ever happened. It's incredible that all of the passenger and crew got off that plane and apparently none of them have suffered Some were injured, but none of them have suffered life threatening issues, which is great. And of course we had the horrific crash the flight into Washington National Airport in which a US military helicopter collided with that plane on final approach and all I think it was sixty seven people, sixty three on the plane, sixty four on the plane, and three members of the military crew died. And then we've had a couple of other crashes that all of a sudden people are saying, well, what's going on with their safety? I think it's I don't think it's anything going on with their safety. These crashes began before Donald Trump started the leap people off in government, including the FAA. However, however, I wanted to use the opportunity tonight to talk about I've flown recently a few times, and I think all of us know on passenger planes the seats are getting smaller. It's not that we're getting bigger, the seats are getting smaller. I don't think there's any question about that. But more importantly, what I have noticed, and i'd love to get your reaction to it. If you're someone who travels for a long long time, it used to be that you could check a bag no charge, and some, if not all, the airlines that I haven't flown on all the airlines, so I can't speak to all the airlines, but a lot of the airlines, if not all the airlines, have said okay, it's going to cost you twenty five bucks to check a bag or whatever. So what did that prompt people to do? Prompt and want people to say, Well, I'm going to get a smaller bag or two and I'm going to carry them on. I won't have to wait at the carousel once the plane lands wherever I'm going, so I can I can just beat feet once I get off the plane and head to the to the cab line or to the uber line and get my trip underway. What that then necessitates is because the smaller seats you don't have a whole lot of ligorroom, you have to put those bags that you bring on. And I carry on a small case which is within the limits that the airlines point out how wide it can be, how long it can be, how high it can be, so it fits in the overhead bed. And I also will carry you know, kind of a computer's shoulder bag, and whether I bring my computer with me or not, that I also have some stuff in that bag and you put it up above. Now, one thing that is always interesting to me is that the airlines, if you notice, they always load people at the front of the plane. Now I understand that people who are buying first class or business class tickets. They want a little priority. Fine, but then they own most of the planes I've been on. They load from the front. They continue to load from the front, so the last people on are the people at the back of the plane. And I think what happens is, as you know, group two loads on and group three, group four takes longer to load the plane because it should be let the people who are going to be at the back, let them go first. If it's group five in the back, put group five in the back. But everybody worries about overhead space because you don't want to find out that, sort of like a game of musical chairs, you don't In musical chairs, you lose because you don't have a place to sit. In the game of musical baggage bind, if all of a sudden, all the space in the in the in the bins above the seats are taken, there's nowhere to put your your bag under the seat in front of you. Don't worry about that if you have a normal sized bag, even a normal sized bag which fits into the airline limitations. And so the flight crew will say, well, we'll hold the bag up front, and will hold the bag up back. And then you have bag anxiety. Well, am I gonna get my bag back? Is will it be there when I get off the plane? And of course compounding that, compounding that, if you've noticed recently, and I have always noticed this, no matter where I sit on the plane, and I'm like in the middle of the plane, back of the plane, That's why I tend to end up and the plane comes to the gate, everybody jumps up, or the people jump up, and the people can't move because they could maybe one person can move into the aisle, but they're immediately trying to pull their bag it. They're they're bagged down from which now is heavy. These are heavy bags. They're now weighing forty fifty pounds, and a lot of people, older people, people who aren't as strong, they're they're pulling the bag down and running the risk of hitting someone off the head. And it's just it. It makes the whole process of air travel more miserable. It just forget the additional anxiety of you look at that plane in Toronto the other day. Those people on that plane, I'm sure as they were coming in for that final approach, they'll they're saying, this is beautiful we've landed, they're they're on a nice flight platter, they're they're they're coming in, looks for a very smooth landing, and then boom. I don't know, maybe maybe one of the wheels collapsed, maybe it hit too hard hard, But next thing you know, the plane flips over, the right wing collapses, fire breaks out, the plane inverts. People are hanging from their seats from what used to be their seats now is the top of the plane. I mean, it's time for the airlines to smarten up, and I want to make some suggestions, and I'm hoping you'll make some suggestions. What can the airlines do to make air travel a little nicer, a little less anxious, and obviously safer. Not only safer in terms of landing the planes, they've done a pretty good job at that, with some exceptions, but also safer. So when you're standing there, or you're in your seat waiting to get up the plane, is that they gate, people are starting to get off. You don't want some knucklehead taking his or her fifty pound bag down and dropping it on your head. That's what nice sense is. And I think I think that all of this is causing unnecessary anxiety, unnecessary angst. So if you had a recent experience on a plane that has not been a good experience either because the seats were too crowded, no food is served, You're lucky if they offer you a pepsi or coke or chine rail or bag of peanuts, bag of cookies. That's it. Airline travel used to be glamorous. People used to look forward. It was something special. I'm going to get on an airplane and I'm gonna fly to Washington, or I'm gonna fly to Miami, or are I'm going to apply to Chicago or New York and it's gonna be it's going to be something special. It's not special anymore. Your airline experience is six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty Those are the two big numbers that can get you through right now. And if you're out there listening the first second two hours tonight from nine to eleven, we were talking really about something local up here in Boston with the or in New England with these storms. This is something everyone can relate to. Feel free, Light it up. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven nine, three, ten thirty. My name's Dan Ray. This is Nightside. You're listening to WBZ in Boston. Give us a call. Let's get it going here, talking about what plane, what airline travel has devolved to. It's it's not fun anymore. It is just not fun. Recently at a couple of airports, big huge airports. It is just I think I'm I'm gonna become in my old age. I'm gonna become a trained guy. Coming back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Baggage, Ben Battles, That's what I'm calling this hour. Let's go to the Phone's gonna go to Jason and Waltham. Hey, Jason, welcome back.
Speaker 3: I'm good. How are you uh? With everything that's going on with his airplanes at the airport, Man, I'm scared of flying man too much. I feel bad, and I feel bad for all the people and the families, all the lost the lost lives were lost. But something gotta be done. As far as about the experience is, I was coming back from I saw that last month, and I missed my Jet Blue flight and I had to get on a Frontier flight. That was the worst experience ever had. Frontier in spirit, those are the worst two airlines ever. I will never fly on like rather.
Speaker 2: Okay, what was wrong? I've never Jason, I've never flown Frontier. Give me your your experience. What was it like?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: I had a I had to make one of those men's breastcast that you carry and I only had a two pairs of jeans and a laptop and a couple of files in it. And they made me check it in and pay for it because they will not fit into their cognates and they had room. So when you're going to Frontier, they measure your carry on. If your carry on that doesn't fit in that little small box, it won't take it.
Speaker 2: It won't of course. So what did they do?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: How much did they charge you for the for the carry on that they should have allowed on?
Speaker 3: Fifty dollars fifty Yeah, a lot of It's not a lot of money, by just just ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I think it's a hey, Jason, I think it's a lot of money. I mean, you know, it's fifty fifty dollars. You got to probably make seventy five in order to spend fifty right, I mean that's a few bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's crazy. Please Frontier and Spirit airlines never please, people don't use those airlines.
Speaker 2: Thank you well, Jason. You you giving him fifty dollars worth of had publicity so so so they made a mistaken They should have said, okay, Jason, you're all set. Hey Jason, thanks man, Thank you. Back to you soon, have a great night. Can I let me go next to Bobby Is in Sagas, Massachusetts. Bobby you next on nightside? Your hairline stories are experienced.
Speaker 5: Bo I'm on my way up to Boxford, just landed, but I want to say something else first. I'm a I'm a car wash guy, and I was on with your car guys. People were asking me questions what do you do when you get salt on the cars? And we had a mutual friend, bless his soul, Neil Price.
Speaker 2: Oh god, Leo was one of my closest friends. What a great guy.
Speaker 5: I know that, and I gotta tell you Neil was a great, great guy. Uh So let me get to it. I just flew in from from Fort Myers. The seat that I had was way in the back in the in the whend know, and I can't sit there, so I got a seat up front. I paid one hundred and twenty dollars to get on that seat. And there's no room to put your bags. You've got to put your bag up top, and when you land and take off, you've got to put your little your briefcase type bag up top as well, And there's just no room. The seats are smaller. And I got to tell you, you hit the nail on the head when you said why though they load people in the back first, and I get it, I paid extra per seat, but I would have rather had other people go back in an orderly fashion and make it a lot more comfortable for travels. That's what I have to say, first of all.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I'm with you, and I don't understand that at all. I mean, it just seems to me to be silly that the way they do it. Did you get on this On this flight coming back, everything went okay, you know, not a lot of turbulence, hopefully, you know, softly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love to say it was uneventful.
Speaker 2: That's good. That's a good thing to get me. How many begs? How many bags of peenis did they give you?
Speaker 5: They get they didn't have anything. They gave you a cookie.
Speaker 2: Airline flights, airline, flying on an airplane. It's just not the same anymore, is it. Huh?
Speaker 5: Not the same, not the same. But anyways, the first time, pleasure, pleasure talking with you, and that at some point when when you do the car guys, maybe they'll want me to come on. We'll answer them how to take care of your car in the winner.
Speaker 2: Well, Bob, that's that would be great. You know, don't send me a note because I no longer physically am at the station, But why don't you stay on and Rob will give you my direct line. You give me a call and I'll give you a call back, and maybe we can do something with you, even separately. You know Larry and Scott Do you know those are guys? Those guys know Neil too. I assume you know Larry and Scott.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, my one of my stores is right in Peabody, right down the street, so I knew Larry and Scott very well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, do me a favorite. Rob will give you my direct line, and you know, someday when you get a moment, give me a call. If I don't pick up, I'll call you back and we'll connect. And then the next time Larry and and Scott are on, maybe we'll bring you on as a special guest. We'll figure it out. We'll work something out here. You know, any friend of Neil Price is a friend of mine, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: Neil and Paula I spoke. I spoke to Paul the day before I left, and uh, just great. And I gotta tell you I missed Neil. What a guy.
Speaker 2: I missed him. Yeah, we had a lot of fun over the years. Trust me, I worked with I worked in conjunction with him. I got to meet him through a lawyer who was a mentor of mine when I was young and out of law school, a fellow named John Ducas. And it's just funny the way you connect with people during your life, and the people who are the good, people who are the good, honest, hard working people, you meet him and you never forget them. And I'll never forget Neil Price. So thanks, Bob, appreciate you call. Don't hang up, Robi, give you my direg line. Okay, thanks, Let's keep talking about your airline traffic experiences, the good, the bad, and the ugly. And it's pretty ugly out there, to be honest with you. Arthur in Boston, Arthur next on nightside.
Speaker 4: Welcome, Hi Dan, thanks listening. I met you in the lounge a couple of saturdays ago.
Speaker 2: My wife. Oh, absolutely, absolutely yeah, we were flying south. Thanks Arthur, Thanks for calling. You were really a gentleman and I loved meeting you and your wife. It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Thank you. You enjoyed meeting your wife, and of course you and I had met before, and I hope you had a good flight down south as we did, and it was great. But this is a subject that's near and dear as to our hearts, this airline boarding and whatever. I thought the airlines have it backwards. I think that they ought to have check baggage for free, and if you want to bring your bags on the plane, because it takes time, it delays everybody, It causes all sorts of congestion in the aisle. Judge your fifty dollars to put something in the overhead rack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look, people do that because you know as well as I do that they're looking to save the money. That's why they're doing it. And then they also think, well, i'll put my bag and I'll just grab my bag and I'll head. I don't have to go to the baggage carousel. I don't have to wait for my bag. I'm in the cab before the bags come up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, go on jet Blue. You check your bag. Of course, if you have the Jet Blue credit card, the check bag is free. But then on the other end there comes up problem. The problem is it takes forever for the luggage to come out, and of course they take you forever to get out of the plane because everybody's taking the bag from the overhead rack. If they did it the other way.
Speaker 2: We came back from Yeah, we came back from a trip from Italy last summer, and I think we waited. It had to be like an hour and a half for the bags to come up off an international flight. It was seriously and everybody it wasn't like, you know, your bag or my bag were the last ones coming up. We're just sitting there and watching this thing go around and round and round, and we have been. We had been a long fighters, like nine hours. Everybody just wanted to get out, get home and get out of there. Sure, unbelievable, but you guys had a good trip. Do me a favor. Leave you a number for me with with Rob when when you hang up, I'd love to be in touch with you. Rob will give you my direct line as well. How long were you away? We were only away for about five days.
Speaker 4: Totally exactly what we did. We went to Orlando, as I told you, and uh yeah, I had had a great time in Disney. And we're going again in a couple of weeks. You're going back, Mickey was waiting for us. Key was waiting back.
Speaker 2: You're going back to Florida, going back to Disney.
Speaker 4: Well, i'll tell you what. We're going to Nashville next trip and uh uh. Then a little later on we're going to Hawaii, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: Man. Good for you. Are you still working?
Speaker 4: I am a retired professor from Are you ready for this? From two places you Mass Boston and Northeastern And so yeah, I'm I'm almost your age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had we were kind of I like to say this, we're of the same vintage Arthur.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go, Yes, yes we are.
Speaker 2: It sounds more classical by the way that By the way, the Canadians have just beaten the US. Let me let me be the first to break that news here. The game is over. The Canadians have won three to two, so they will Wow, they win the tournament. I'll figure out who the who the big score is, who who won the game here? Wow?
Speaker 4: Uikes?
Speaker 2: Yeah whatever, that game's over, so we're back to the regular NHL season. Arthur, leave your number with Rob and he'll give you my direct line so we can be in touch.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll do that. Dan always the pleasure to say regards the game and we'll talk to him.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it, thanks, Arthur. Okay, we're going to take a break. It's eleven thirty and yeah, I just flipped just looked up and the Canadians are celebrating. They have they have won the tournament three to one. I'll try to figure out who who scored the game winner here, but it will be some one of the Canadian players. Uh and yeah, I'm just scheduling it here. I've had a little bit of a TV problem. Sidney Crosby scored in overtime to beat the US in the gold medal game. Oh no, no, no, scored in the gold medal game of the Winter Olymics. Uh no, I still don't have that with that is not not Crosby here that that scored the winner. We'll figure it out. We will figure it out. But the Canadians have won it. And that's say maybe I got it here, hold on, we might have it right here. Nope, nope, I'll get it for you. Maybe someone who's watched the game will have it for us. We're back on night Side. Right after this.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray on w B Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Connor McDavid, uh the Edmundton oiler superstar these sort of the new Sydney. Rosby scored the game winner for Canada three to two in overtime over the US. Now we're back to everyone should be listening to night Side. The game is over. We are talking about airline travel and what it's been like and has it been good for you. I think it's been tough, I really do. I'd love to hear from you your point of view on any of this. What you feel the airlines could do to make it more consumer friendly. I think that's something that the airlines have to start to think about because at some point, yeah, the business travelers will always be there, but eventually people will kind of tired up, tire of it, let me go next to Nathan and Quincy. Nathan, you're next to nice Ide. Welcome.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 6: So I was I have experience in the airline industry. It used to be a ramp agent for Jump Blue and for Spirit so as far as like baggage, like sometimes like with customs, so it takes a long time clearing the luggage for national flights. But but like we for Jet Blue, they do it based on your status and everybody they change it back in September where everybody gets a carry on, but once they fill up in space, it either gets gate checked where you get back right outside you get off the plane, or or it goes into ben.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, a lot a lot of people have bag anxiety. I mean a lot of people have their medications, or they have their contact lens cases or solutions or the contact lenses or whatever, and we all you know, once you're separated from that dag, it's like being separated from your.
Speaker 7: Child, like you Yeah, So so if you tell, at least for Jeff Blue, if you tell them you have medications or or valuable stuff in there, they'll tag it with a P tag and then you'll get it back at the gate or right outside the boarding door to the plane instead of it going to the carousel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's good to know. It just can be. It just is so crazy. You know, you do you fly much? Now? Are you still working for for job? I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't work for Jet Blue. I mean i've I've flew. I haven't flown for any of the airlines so I used to work for But the as far as Jet Blue, like, they're retiring their E one nineties and replacing them with the two twenties. So that's gonna give a lot more space, a lot more bags, new overhead bins, so and more seats.
Speaker 2: Well that's a good that's a good thing then, But it's just no fun, not fun anymore. I mean, I know I'm probably older than you, but I can remember flying to New York or flying to Washington in the morning and you get a breakfast. It was a pretty decent breakfast. It was prepared, but it was hot, scrambled eggs, sausage, whatever, some home fries, and there was coffee. It just seemed that it was more elegant back a few years more than a few years ago. But I'm talking I'm not talking about flying business. I'm talking about flying just in coach and it was just more fun. It was more elegant, it was more special. People were more dressed up, you know, we were we had to fly suit and ties because we were working in television at the time. But it just it's like bus travel now, it's like what bus travel used to be. I don't know. Yeah, anyway, have you got my shirt before? Nathan? Is this your first time?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 6: No, this is my first time.
Speaker 2: Okay. We had a bunch of first time callers tonight, which is great, which is great by doing a little bit of a different topic. So do you still work for the airline or no?
Speaker 6: Are you I'm applying for flying for two other airlines, but I've worked at the airport for three years now. So all in the ramps, so it's it's a it's a hard it's a hard position, very physical lifting all the bags in the bind like like for like places going to sant Her Domingo for for a Jet Blue you have over three hundred bags or about in the band in the back end the front and all the bags get loaded back. They get loaded front to back, but when you offload, all the bags get loaded back to front. So the bags that come out and last are usually at the bottom of the car so that's why they come out last in the carousel.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you this, if you're working what you're you're working a real physical job. You don't have to worry about going to the gym and working out, Nathan, because you get your work out now. Oh the job. Hey man, I appreciate how old are you you still hopefully you're a young guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm twenty six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well that's the that's the point. You know, when you're when you're fifty six, it's probably gonna be a tougher job. But stay in shape, man, Okay, all right. I appreciate what you guys do out there. I mean that seriously. And you're out there and in all sorts of weather, you know, I mean those of us who you pull up right to the gate you get off the plane. You never have to worry about the cold or the rain of the wind. You guys are out in the middle of it at all times. So thank you for what you do, and I hope you keep calling my program.
Speaker 6: Thanks Nathan, all right, thank you.
Speaker 2: Talk to you soon. We're gonna go from A Nathan in Quincy, Massachusetts. Let's go out west. We haven't talked to Laurie all week. I was missing Laurie. Hey, Laurie, welcome back. How are you.
Speaker 6: I'm doing well? Thank you? Well, no, not so well. I'm a little depressed with the hockey game results.
Speaker 9: But oh well, so.
Speaker 2: Did you watch the game?
Speaker 6: I did, I'd multitask, I had it on and I was listening to Easy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah I didn't.
Speaker 6: I didn't. I did have it. It was it was a busy game. It wasn't a horrible game.
Speaker 2: But were there many were there many fights?
Speaker 10: Or no?
Speaker 2: Did they did they go? Did they? No? Okay no?
Speaker 6: Not during Yeah they didn't. Well, and they didn't. They didn't during a national anthem. I mean there were some fifty coughs and they kind of made it more. They were getting into each other into which of those spaces before the right before the goal. So but there were no no brawls like.
Speaker 2: The last the other night. Well, you know, it's funny. I watched the opening. The opening ceremony was right at eight o'clock during the newscast, or during at eight fifteen, so I was able to watch it for a couple of minutes, and it appeared that both national anthems were presented beautifully and there was no disrespect from either country towards the other.
Speaker 6: Yee during which was nice. There were actually there was a lot of cheering. I mean, I know a lot of Canadians were there. There was a lot of cheering during the Canadians.
Speaker 2: But it was good. I mean, the the the Americans respected the Canadian national anthem. The Canadians obviously loved that presentation, and that woman did a great job. And the lever was the singer of the US nationals. She did a great job. And the Canadian fans behaved themselves as guests, so it was good. It worked out great. I thought they were going to use the guy the Bruins, guy Angelini I think is his name, who's a great national anthem singer, but he it was that I.
Speaker 6: Had some woman was like a part of an orchestra behind her, which I heard it was the Boston City Orchestra.
Speaker 2: It was the Boston Symphony Orchestra.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, Well you know that that probably has to be something who works with here? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah. What was the last time you were on a plane and did you enjoy the experience?
Speaker 6: Oh, I have enjoyed the experience for twenty years, but it was it was before my hip surgery, so it's been a little while, but I flew a lot before then, and the bins are the things that drive me. When I first introduced them, we thought okay. But when I got on a plane and I looked at and I thought, well, they've got, you know, a bin for so many seats, and basically people in those roads should be should fit into that bin. And I've always checked the bag. I always bring a carry on. I just checked the suitcase because it's just less hassle, and you know, if I've got shampoos and stuff anything like that, I just, you know, want to deal with all the so.
Speaker 7: I just check it.
Speaker 6: And I've only once gotten to an airport where it wasn't there when they wanted it. So I take the carry on. But I can't tell you how many times. First of all, when you get onto the plane, you think you can put your thing in your overhead bed of your seat in and you've got to go all the way back to the end of the plane because all these people have been stuffing them up with other suitcases before you even got so you might have found it, you might have found a gripe here. But and so, and I can't tell you because I always take an aisle seat because I'm claustrophobic, and so I can't tell you the number of times I've been hitten in the head with people. Stupid luggage.
Speaker 2: I hate it. It's not it's not fun. And what they say, oh gee, did I hit you?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: You hit me now?
Speaker 6: They don't even know it because they don't have to control their own stupid luggage. Yeah, so that that is.
Speaker 2: And it's like they don't realize how heavy it is at a bad angle and.
Speaker 6: Boom exactly, Well, I know it's going to come hit me. I mean, the bin does not extend beyond where my head is, see whatever, and so and then they got all this crud they're clogging up the aisles with instead of just something you can swing over your shoulder, and that that is my biggest pet peeve. Right now, I'm.
Speaker 2: With you totally.
Speaker 5: I'm with you totally.
Speaker 2: And Laurie as always think I'm at my break. I got you in before the break. But I'm glad you multitasked tonight in Idaho. Yeah, I thought about you yesterday. I was watching one of the cases, and I thought to myself, there was the story about the guy that allegedly killed the four students down it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they are a little bit new on that.
Speaker 2: And well, I guess they got some blood splatter or something like that, and it was like bad news for the defendant. They were knock that out. They were I would say that if that's a match, that's that is bad news for the.
Speaker 6: Well, I think what they were questioning is how they got after the DNA. Well, yeah, maybe I don't know. Some news came out, but where they did not get to do was throw out the way they got the DNA from the parents house. So yeah, so anyway, anyway, you nedy.
Speaker 2: Case than I did. But I just I thought to myself, you have bad news. If if you're guilty of killing four people, that's got to be bad.
Speaker 7: Yeah it is.
Speaker 6: It's it's not looking good. So that's why they're the other, you know, grasping as Charles jolt their stuff. Anyway, now we wait till August.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I know it's going to take a while, Laurie, talk to you. Okay, thanks you much appreciate it, so thank you, good night, quick break, coming right back. I got Matt and Christine and Charlie and carl And I'm going to get them all in. We'll be back after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Mine from the Window World night Side Studios on w b Z the news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're trying to get everybody in here. Let me go real quickly to Christine. Christine next on NIGHTSID, go right.
Speaker 11: Ahead, Hi, Dan, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great, Christine. A little disappointed with the result so the hockey game tonight, but we've had a really good show here on Nightside. Yeah.
Speaker 11: I was watching and lessen earn at the same time I was multitasking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so air play travel. Has it been good to bad for you lately?
Speaker 6: With the YAsO used to be great.
Speaker 11: I remember when, like they would hand out the wings and like you have a nice mail like you said, you know, and there was they were nice such to you, like the like nowadays said just rude. The line rockets and you know, Harry, it's just it's it's not good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. I saw a funny thing online yesterday. It was someone I'm sure have seen it. There was like a guy who played the role of a TSA agent and uh, it was very funny. I mean, most of the TSA Asians are pretty reasonable, but but the role that this guy play was sort of like, come on, let's go, let's go, hurry up, hurry up. You know it was it was good humor, because that's sometimes what it's like.
Speaker 11: Sometimes it's you know, what's the easiest. It's the easiest airport to go in and out of is TF Green.
Speaker 2: I love TF Green. I really do a little a little bit of a hike to get there, but it's well worth it. It's we've talked about that many times, many times, and yeah, yeah, I would take TF Green off and over Logan. Although Logan's been okay the last couple of times, it's it's been the it's been the it's been the flights that have been less than pleasant.
Speaker 11: You still got to see and now used to go down they would take my luggage from me. So I would go out of t F. Green by trying to get back to Tampa going home. They were awful. So I started going Sarasota Brandonson the airport. It was so much easier too.
Speaker 2: Maybe Tampa got too big, Maybe got Tampa, Tampa got too big, Christine, I got to keep rolling because we've got three more, so you're gonna let you run for now. Thanks for calling us always. We talk soon, okay, thanks so much. Thanks nothing all right, thanks real quickly. Got Charlie and Lynn. Charlie next on nights. I go right ahead.
Speaker 8: Hey Dan, how's it going tonight?
Speaker 2: Uh? Doing great? You would get a little tight on time your your airline travel experience is good, bad or ugly?
Speaker 8: I wear you one hundred and fifty pounds. I bring fifty one pounds a luggage with me. I have to pay extra money. The guy that's sitting beside me brought fifty pounds worth of luggage. He weighs two hundred and ninety five pounds.
Speaker 2: You didn't have.
Speaker 8: How come I got? I mean, how come I get short changed? One hundred and forty five pounds. We both paid the same price.
Speaker 5: They should make the price.
Speaker 2: With the pounds. The reason is that you're, you know, relatively normal size, and somebody who is that heavy, they would file a lawsuit and say that there was some sort of discrimination against them because they were being charged for their.
Speaker 5: Weight as they should have supposed to just paid like that.
Speaker 8: The more it weighs, the more you pay.
Speaker 2: Come on, then something in court. I don't think you're the way that one to court, Charlie, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Well, that's my complain about the trouble anyway.
Speaker 2: All right, Maybe with with Trump in there, it's gonna change. But we'll have to wait and see on that one. Okay, he has he hasn't signed an executive order on the weight of airline passengers yet. Okay, you all thought that could be coming kind.
Speaker 6: Of heavy himself.
Speaker 8: He's not.
Speaker 9: He's not a lightweight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's got his own plane so he doesn't have to weigh in. He gets he gets priority. Yeah, I thanks you too, good night. All right. Then we go to Carl in New York. Hey, Carl, welcome back.
Speaker 5: How are you very well?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 4: How you doing doing great?
Speaker 2: Title time here because you're late, but I got a good minute and a halfway go ahead.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah.
Speaker 9: I haven't been playing much legally because of the hassle with ts A. And I'm a big guy. I'm six two and two eighty, so okay, the seating has gotten ridiculous. I've been taking the train a lot more room for Luggy. It's a lot more leg room, you know, I mean it takes me longer, but it's it's less than taking a flight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if you gotta if you gotta fly, you're in New York. If you gotta fly to the West coast, I don't think you want to take a train. But if you're going Boston, Washington, you're nicely located. You know, you're good, You're good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's it's it's definitely.
Speaker 6: Can I can I.
Speaker 5: Tell you a quick train plane story, if you could be quick. I was in the I was in the Navy.
Speaker 9: We were down at Orlando Navy Naval Training Center. We were flying back to Albany. Our train had our plane got delayed by like four hours. So of course we're we're young. We're in the bars for the four hours before we get on the train on the plane, no plane. So we're all sitting in the back together. There's like ten of us, and the lady's posting the drink cart. The student's pushing the drink cart down the aisle. We hit some turbulence and she fell on her butt. We thought that was the funniest thing in the world. We started cracking up. She got up, looked at us. See that door over there, I'll open it up and you can get out.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. That's a good one.
Speaker 9: Needless to say, she would not serve us anymore drinks on the.
Speaker 2: Part I and I think she probably was doing the right thing in retrospect. Thanks. Thanks, all right, Dan, have a good night. Thanks, thanks for your service as well. Have a great one. Good night, all right. How much time we got here? Wrong? Give me time? Okay, I got a minute then from Matt. Matt, I'm gonna sneak you in here. You're late, go right.
Speaker 12: Ahead, all right. I can just tell you air travel has been nothing but a disaster lately. Tsay is very difficult to deal with, especially be I always go through the.
Speaker 10: Pat down and they always seem like I'm trying to give them a half. So that's the airline i't phone to reach the is ell all going to Israel. It really is just night and day different. You get a meal, you get retreated with somewhat respect.
Speaker 12: You know. TSA has a job to do. But it's like pulling teeth and it's for a healthy reason. I'm not gonna tell.
Speaker 10: The radio why, but yeah, for pat down and it's like you know you're yeah, So it's not a lot of fun at it.
Speaker 2: Not a lot of fun, no doubt about that. If you if you can find the TSA guy, there's a funny reel with a guy playing a TSA guy that involved pat downs and other things. You'd laugh at it. Matt gonna let you run buddy, talk to you soon.
Speaker 5: Have a good alright, all right, thank you, thanks So.
Speaker 2: We had a very successful night here on Nightside. To all the calls, I want to say, thank you very much. It's tough going up against the game of the magnitude of the Canadians versus the US and hockey at Boston Garden. But we did well tonight on all of our subjects. We will be back to one and I'll have some more good stories for you, more good subjects for you here on Nightside. I'll be on Facebook and a couple of minutes at night Side with Dan Ray. You can follow us on Twitter pretty easy at WBZ Nightside, Instagram, WBZ Underscore night Side, Facebook, Look be in touch. Okay, simple as that. Want to make as many friends as possible. Thanks to everyone who called tonight, even Mario who didn't want to have a conversation, but we had a We had a fairly feisty exchange. That was good. It was fine. We're good. All dogs. Thanks Rob Brooks, thank you very much, thank you, Marita. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie Ray Is, who passed fifteen years ago this very month. That's where all your pets are who have passed. They loved you and you love them. I really do believe you'll see them again. Hope se again tomorrow night on night Side Tomorrow. It's Friday's me fact, it's almost Friday right now. We're almost to the weekend. Have a great Friday. Come on back tomorrow night. See on Facebook Nightside with Dan Ray. Just in a couple of minutes.