Speaker 1: Yea ripped up.
Speaker 2: Need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come run into.
Speaker 2: A status as we can shoot. That's gonna help.
Speaker 1: Come man Dix.
Speaker 4: He is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, hey, hey.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Here to help you solve problems, to answer questions, take complaints. This is car Day Today, We're gonna have some fun.
Speaker 1: We got people in the house.
Speaker 6: Let me bring up the for those streaming, I'll bring up the studio and we have with us.
Speaker 1: Let me just bring that up here. Here we go.
Speaker 6: We have a major, Mark Major and Sues. As usual, we have Kevin Colkin, Bob Perry, which is a he is a leasing expert with JFR Cars, along with Rod Greer with JFR Cars.
Speaker 1: We love having these people on.
Speaker 6: I love talking leasing because in today's world, instead of tying up a bunch of capital, if you know how many miles you're going to drive and how much you're going to use on a car, then you just pay for the part of the car.
Speaker 1: You're going to use.
Speaker 6: Again, it's one of the first times in my life I ever really thought that because I can predict my mileage now for high mileage people I would argue, you may not want to go with the lease. And Mark's always paid cash for cars like I have, and he sells them at a certain time and makes back a lot of his money, and he doesn't necessarily believe in the lease.
Speaker 1: Am I quoting you correctly, Mark or not? Purely based on mileage?
Speaker 7: Man? And the one thing I will say every Honday, I have done great with because I'll sell.
Speaker 1: It when it's still bumper to bumper.
Speaker 7: It'll end up cost me maybe a couple hundred bucks a month for the time I owned it.
Speaker 1: But with Tesla's forget about.
Speaker 7: It, man, With Tesla's I'm not gonna be You either want to drive a Tesla because you want to drive a Tesla. You don't drive a Tesla to try to make or recoup any money back.
Speaker 1: No way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's why I think Tesla to lease. But I think that's why it would be great to lease, because you're not taking the risk of depreciation.
Speaker 7: But to right, Bob, Susanna and I put thirty thousand plus on a year on our vehicles.
Speaker 6: Oh oh hey, is Bob there, Bob Perry, are you there?
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm here.
Speaker 6: That's tough, So Bob what do you think about leasing an EV? You know, when I was talking to you about leasing an EV, you were looking at him and you said, Tom, they're not good lease cars.
Speaker 8: Why did you say that? No, I didn't say they weren't good lease cars. I think that's the only way you should get one is to lease it because at the end, nobody knows the future of EV's right now, So what's going to happen in two or three years?
Speaker 1: So with the lease you have options.
Speaker 8: You know, you can give it back and that's the end of the lease, or you can buy it if it's a goodbye, but you know, because who knows in three years?
Speaker 1: With the semi is like I misunderstood you.
Speaker 7: I wanted to bring something up real quick because it's car Day. We should all host to the end of California auto emission standards. These poor manufacturers like Ford and Chevy can now make one vehicle sold in this country. They don't have to make different ones based upon the states, and it is absolutely gone. They can't take it to court. It's done. Its over, thank goodness.
Speaker 1: So what was this? Did Trump's administration bring them to court?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 7: No, no. What happened is Congress got together and actually did something.
Speaker 1: And Trump signed the bill yesterday.
Speaker 7: It was passed into law, killing the California emission standards.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you for that. And a lot's going on in the world, Oh my god. If we have time, we'll discuss some of it. Ryan wants to talk about a contractor.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Trouble Shooter Show and what is going on with you? Ryan?
Speaker 10: Hi, So there's a new construction on the lot next to mine, and there's a fence that is arguably on the property line, with the posts being on their side the fence being on my side, but one of the posts on the fence actually supports my second story deck. And the contractor just came to my house yesterday and told me I have a week to move my deck and I'm just.
Speaker 6: That hold on, hold on, hold on, wait a minute.
Speaker 1: This lot was vacant before.
Speaker 10: They demolished the house and did a new construction.
Speaker 6: Okay, And what are the setback requirements in your town or in your city or according to the building department or subdivision, there are usually setback requirements from the property line.
Speaker 10: So I'm in Denver City proper, and I believe the setback is three seat in its high density landmark area.
Speaker 6: Okay, so aren't they encroaching on that?
Speaker 11: Well, the already exists.
Speaker 1: How long's the fence been there? Okay?
Speaker 10: I bought the house four years ago and all this already existed.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 6: Are they saying that you're encroaching on them? Yes, Well did you ever have a survey done? How long have you lived there?
Speaker 10: I lived here four years. I do not have a survey.
Speaker 1: Well it's not.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's not like we're going to get Brad O'Brien on Tom. But it's not like they can just show up next week Ryan and tear down your deck.
Speaker 1: No they can't.
Speaker 10: I'm trying to worry about.
Speaker 1: So how long has your deck been there?
Speaker 5: At least four years?
Speaker 1: Oh well, what do you.
Speaker 6: Mean at least four years? Did you build a deck?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 10: I bought the house with the deck already built.
Speaker 7: Hey was this I don't know was the house next door existing and then they scraped it? Now it's a new build, correct.
Speaker 6: Okay, And they claim a new construction next door to you. They claim you're encroaching on the property and have to move your deck.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the support for the deck, Ken, I'm going to pull my crystal ball out real quick. Here's what my crystal ball is telling me, Ryan, if you negotiate.
Speaker 1: It right, which you should be able to.
Speaker 7: They're a construction company, they should pay to move your deck and make everything nice and beautiful. I have a feeling that's how it's going to end up, because I don't think they have any right to come over and tear your stuff down. But we're going to get an attorney on But Mark, what if?
Speaker 1: Mark?
Speaker 6: What if that post? You're talking about a corner of the deck right, just a post?
Speaker 12: Correct?
Speaker 6: And when they say you have to move it, let's just say you did. What would that entail? Would you have to cut back the deck the size of the deck, or can you just move that post?
Speaker 10: I think I can just move the post. But I called the city's owning office and they told me I would need to get a inspection and all this stuff to do it.
Speaker 1: I think they may well do. I don't understand this.
Speaker 6: I don't understand the post is usually under the deck, and moving the post the deck is still going to be encroaching, right or not?
Speaker 10: Well, so the post is actually not under the deck, It kind of over it like the deck has a jut out of like two feet.
Speaker 13: Okay, attached to that.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 6: So you're saying that post could possibly be moved, but your deck stays in the same spot.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 10: I'm just more concerned that he said I have a week to do this because they're demoing everything between our houses.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's get Brad O'Brien on. Mark called it right to begin with. Let's get our real estate attorney on to talk about this. Hang on, I'll mark this pending. Do not hang up. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Let's talk to Lauren. Lauren, what's going on in your life today?
Speaker 3: Well, I have a daughter who's out of control. She was sixteen, well actually probably fourteen when it started, when she was in high school. She went through some mental health issues last year and was very abusive towards me. And we are in the court system in Douglas County.
Speaker 6: Just now, when you say in the court system, what do you mean, what do you mean in the court system, Well.
Speaker 3: She got arrested for assault and possession of marijuana and resisting arrest. So we were in the court system dealing with that in Douglas County.
Speaker 1: And who did she assault you me me.
Speaker 13: She done it several times.
Speaker 11: This was the final time that she got arrested for it.
Speaker 6: We went for assault, and for assault and for weed and what.
Speaker 1: Was the other charge?
Speaker 15: Resisting arrest?
Speaker 6: Okay? So where do we stand today? What do you need from us or what were you hoping to find out?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm kind of second a situation because I went in for a status hearing and they gave her. They gave temporary guardianship to my son, who I've tried to have help throughout her whole mental health problems and through the abuse of me, and he refused. This is eight weeks ago. I have not seen her or heard from her, and the court doesn't seem to care because I deal with a guardian in life.
Speaker 1: How old is she? How old is she?
Speaker 15: I seventeen?
Speaker 6: Okay? And what is your wish for her? Do you want to just cut bait and get from her? Do you want to have no responsibility or do you want more control?
Speaker 1: Where do you stand in all of this?
Speaker 3: I'm back in my household because it was kind of a blind side when I went into court. We I had spoken with the people the day before and they said that this safety plan that we had in place for her if she got violent towards me, was fine. And then my son decided to show up to court the next dan and said no, I'll take her, and so it was okay.
Speaker 6: So right now she's living with her brother, is that right?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Who is a police officer?
Speaker 6: Oh, so why don't you just leave the things the way they are?
Speaker 3: Because it's her final year of school and I would like to have something to do with it. It's been eight weeks and I haven't seen or heard from her, And now I understand.
Speaker 6: But what did the court say when the brother said I'll take her? They did They appoint temporary guardianship to him.
Speaker 3: They gave him temporary guardianship.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, well, there's not much you can do about that without filing emotion to change it. But when you change things for children, it has to be it's it's more than a it's more than just, how do we put it, a little evidence. It takes a preponderance of evidence that your child would be in clear danger to change a plan. It's not easy to change plans back and forth for kids. It's not easy at all because they want to keep kids from being pawns and divorces in your case, of course, it's not an expouser that you're battling. It's your son. But why won't your son What does your son think? Does your son think you're the you're the reason for all these troubles?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure because he won't talk to me. Okay, Well, if she's doing good, why would you want to switch it up?
Speaker 16: If she's doing good at her brother's house, like, leave well enough alone?
Speaker 1: If you ask a questions, good question.
Speaker 3: Yes, she's just not well.
Speaker 1: How do you know if you haven't seen or heard from her? Yeah, how do you know?
Speaker 3: Because it's on her social media that she isn't well?
Speaker 6: That's all right, hold on, hold on, we have Brad O'Brien. I want to after the break go to Brad O'Brien about this property issue. Because we get a lot of these questions. We're going to come back to you. I think what we'd like to do with you is get Bonnie Shields on. She can still answer questions for us, right, sus, Yes, get Bonnie on. Okay, Thanks Mark, Thanks, sus Let's do that. I'm Tom Martino three O three seven one three eight two five five waterpros Dot net, the best water systems, the lowest prices, and I'm telling you across the board get rid of Forever chemicals and all of that crater water or Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. By the way, denver Regen dot com is now working on peripheral neuropathy with stem cells having great results. Somebody had texted me earlier about it and they can work on neuropathy.
Speaker 1: And that's Denver Regen dot com.
Speaker 6: Okay, so let's go to Ryan because we have Brad O'Brien on. Brad O'Brien's the real estate a turn a real estate firm, O'Brien Legal Services.
Speaker 12: And.
Speaker 1: I'll sum it up for you. Brad.
Speaker 6: Basically, you know, he bought his house about four years ago. The next door neighbors sold it, whatever it changed hands. They knocked down the house and started a new construction next door to him, and they're telling him that one of the posts on his deck encroaches on the property and he's going to have to move it. He doesn't have to move the whole deck, but they're saying that that post.
Speaker 1: Is on their property.
Speaker 6: What does the adverse possession or anything like that come into play. Does he simply have to move it if a survey shows it's on their property?
Speaker 1: How does that work?
Speaker 17: Brad Well, He's boundary line and fence issues and things that encroach the boundary line are very nuanced complex. There's a lot of things to look at. The starting point is having a survey and is there an actual survey where they can prove that there's an encroachment of this post over us?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So Ryan?
Speaker 6: Did they Yeah, that's a good question, Ryan. Did they offer any kind of proof?
Speaker 10: No, I haven't seen anything by them.
Speaker 1: But did they say according to a survey?
Speaker 10: Yeah, they said of courting they did.
Speaker 6: Okay, So they said they have a survey. Did you ask to see that survey? Would they show.
Speaker 1: It to you?
Speaker 10: I don't know the answer to that, Okay, Okay.
Speaker 17: Well, anyway, where they're threatening to do something in the next couple of days, so Warrence not even determining who's right or wrong is a letter to them basically, better you better not do this. We're going to hold you responsible for property damage or dresspass or something like that until until it can be figured out. But I can't say who's right today. But I can say my approach. First, get a survey to determine whether this is an encroachment, then talk about what is the encroachment. How long has it been there? Has it been there eighteen years? And satisfies Edward's possession? I mean, this has this deck for this that's using this post there for eighteen years?
Speaker 1: He doesn't, Yeah, go ahead, No, he doesn't really know, Okay.
Speaker 17: And if even if the new deck could replace a deck that that was also encroaching, because you know two decks that one will that replaced the other and together satisfy eighteen years.
Speaker 7: Hey, Brad, if if if Ryan was to contact you or anybody in a case just like this, how long could someone like Ryan drag it out with the proper attorney if he really just wanted to drag it out? Could he put the halt on this project just because of this post for a month? Two months? How long before? How long could you draw this out just out of curiosity?
Speaker 17: Easily a year if you want to Ryan, Ryan, I'm going.
Speaker 7: To go back to exactly what I said, but I want to hear what Brad thinks about this. I think he goes to the contractor. After maybe you write a letter and say, look, I can drag this out a year and you're not going to do anything, or you move it. You guys, pull the permits, you move it, you make it right, and I'm happy to go along with that. But I'm not going to put the cost for this.
Speaker 6: Okay, Now, remember I want to I want to add something else to this, but that they're not. Yeah, I do too, But I want to also tell Brad they're not asking him to move the deck, just one of the support beams or posts that jut out over their property.
Speaker 17: They say, so, what do you think it'll change.
Speaker 18: We're not going to get that.
Speaker 17: Chutural engineer to appine whether moving the support or how to move the support in order to maintain the integrity.
Speaker 18: Also, I heard this.
Speaker 17: Property is in the Historic District in Denver, and if that's true, is that true?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 17: Yes, you can't do anything without prior written approval from the historic district. If you want to change something that exists, you have to get approval for even the smallest things. Better outdoors like.
Speaker 7: This, Ryan, you got to hold this contract. This contractor is up against time and you own all the time. At this point, you have more negotiation power than you can imagine. I have been where you have been, and the contractor eventually stepped up and did everything I wanted so they could complete a project.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's kind of a yeah, and you don't have a house and telled me I'm doing things basically.
Speaker 6: Well, you just gotta I would I would call Brad O'Brien and I'm serious, and I would have him start with a letter, and then you need to get a survey. You really do well the survey first. Then you write a letter summing up what the issue is and how you want to resolve.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't even do that. Why should Ryan have to get a survey? Why should he have to pay for that?
Speaker 6: Well, just to bolster his you know, just first of all, to see if they have a real claim. But and that's what Brad recommended. Of course, he can always use theirs if they let him look at it, and he may. Maybe that's part of a letter Brad writes. But I would start with Brad O'Brien on this. These encroachment issues get very complicated at times. You have something to say, Demitrie.
Speaker 19: I was thinking that Ryan should quit dealing with this bully contractor who sounds like a total douche, and start dealing with just the property owner.
Speaker 1: I mean, because this contract.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's going to make anything unless the contractor is building a speck home.
Speaker 1: Is he building this for someone?
Speaker 10: Do you know he's doing it for some LLC?
Speaker 19: Yeah, so I would deal with a property owner because this contractor may not even be able to obligate the property owner to whatever promises he makes to you.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 6: You've got to make sure he might be building it for himself to resell, or he might be doing it for an owner.
Speaker 1: And Dmitri brings up a good point.
Speaker 6: If he's doing it for an owner, then you may want to talk to that owner directly and say, look, let's work something out. Let me ask you something personally, Ryan, Do you care about that post being moved? Is it something that would screw up the looks of anything? Or do you not really care about.
Speaker 7: He can't Brad already said he cannot move that post.
Speaker 10: No, I don't care if the post moves, It can move a little bit. But I'm just more of this guy keeps coming and like trying to push me around, And now he doesn't have a week to move it, and I'm not physically going to do it myself, so well, of.
Speaker 1: Course you're not.
Speaker 7: You just and he came in, and he can't do it.
Speaker 1: In an historic district. You can't.
Speaker 7: You can't just simply go do that. Man, don't get yourself. And you need to get us.
Speaker 6: You need to get a letter out immediately to be of record you really do so, and and and the Brad is that seven two zero three seven zero seventy three eighty eight just a quick letter acknowledging the receipt of his notice, and then what.
Speaker 1: You plan to do?
Speaker 6: Brad o'brienolslaw dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, we.
Speaker 6: Got more coming up. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. One Clear Choice Garage Door.
Speaker 1: Today is car Day. Let's talk about garages.
Speaker 6: If you have any issues with the garage door and you're thinking, who do I call?
Speaker 1: I took the mystery right out of it.
Speaker 6: One clear Choice Garage do and their website has all their prices and services listed. One clear Choice doores dot com three three seven one three eight two five five. Uh, we're at full lines, but keep trying. We'll get you right in. And uh, well no, we got a couple of lines home. Okay, So now Bonnie Shields we can't get a hold of for Lauren. We're trying to get an answer, uh for Lauren? And uh is there anyone else we can call? Possibly Shoes. Maybe we can find on family law. Maybe, I mean, I don't know, miss, but we have Harris family law.
Speaker 1: We could try rich Hair.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, you're you're right. I mean you're right. I mean these are good people. Harris's family law. Let's try somebody over at Harris to see if they can answer. Okay, that that's a great idea. William has an issue with home, his home flooding. I think, William, what's going on with you?
Speaker 20: Many right across the streets. There's a bin in the road from my mailbox and my driveway. And a few years back the rain came and really bad and comes right through my yard and down in my basement and flooded my basement. So they came in.
Speaker 6: Now what caused the flood I'm not I'm not clear on what caused the flooding?
Speaker 13: What was a rain storm?
Speaker 6: I get it, But what did you say? What did you say was across the street? Was it a did you say a bin.
Speaker 20: It's a curve in the road where I'm run on the bond on callum By got it, and all the water I'm down that gutter and then right across the street into my yard.
Speaker 1: Only when it's a heavy rain.
Speaker 20: Yeah, really bad, you know, when we really get it for a couple of days, okay. And what happened, Well, the first time it happened, I called the county. They came out and they looked at it. They poured a home across the jar in my driveway and that stopped for a long time. And then they came along and tore up the streets with the machine. And they when they repaved it, they paved right up to my home, made the street the same height as my home. So now the water comes over and in again.
Speaker 1: That was stupid of them, And now.
Speaker 20: They won't do it. They can get the county to do.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 1: Hold on, are you so? Hold on? When you say they paved it up to your house, what do you mean by that?
Speaker 20: Up to the edge of the street.
Speaker 7: They put basically like a speed bump in originally timed so when the water came right, the speed bump would right.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 7: So now what they did is when they repaved it. They paved it to the top of the speed bump, so there is no speed bump.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, So now William, let's just livel with the street.
Speaker 6: No, I get you, but but William, normally streets have a crown. In other words, they're they're they're poured, so the middle is higher than the sides, and the sides go into storm drainage of some kind, whether it's a formal system or just gravity fed. So when it rains on that street, does it all go over to your side?
Speaker 20: Well, it comes down. There's a curve, there's a sidewalk and a curb across the street at the dup plexus, and the water just comes right that curve, and then when it gets down to where my mailbox is, it goes on down. The guy across from me, he poured. He had the money to pay to have a cement thing put in so the water wouldn't go into his house.
Speaker 6: No more, right, right, I don't have Is it actually going Is it actually going into your house?
Speaker 20: Yeah? It comes right out of the door, the side door comes through the wall.
Speaker 13: Oh man, there's like a little pat of.
Speaker 20: You out there, and there's water soaks into that and it comes right through the wall in the basement.
Speaker 1: Is there something you could do?
Speaker 7: Could you actually create some kind of hump a barrier.
Speaker 6: Or something, or maybe a drainage Well, I mean, can you Yeah, we're not talking about you personally, William, we're asking you. Did you ever have an expert come out to say what they could possibly do to alleviate the situation?
Speaker 20: Just a county?
Speaker 6: But what did they say? What did the county say needed to be done? What did they say needed to be done?
Speaker 20: They're not going to do anything.
Speaker 6: But what did they say? Something could be done, but they're not going.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 20: Oh, they didn't say what could be done?
Speaker 1: Here's okay, here's how to put it.
Speaker 7: Can you hire somebody that pours cement to create a barrier that would solve the problem.
Speaker 18: I don't know.
Speaker 20: I don't have that kind of money.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but William, William, here's the deal.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 6: I under stand you're seventy two, you're on a fixed income. But what we're saying is this it may not I'm just saying it may it may not be the county's problem. Many times, drainage can be your responsibility, depending on where it is and what's causing it. The fact that it's backing up doesn't automatically make it someone else's fault.
Speaker 1: It could be the lay of your land or something like that.
Speaker 6: What we need to do the very first thing, William, you got to do it, whether you have the money or not, or gets the one to do it for a low price.
Speaker 1: Someone an engineer has to come.
Speaker 6: Out and give an assessment on what they think needs to be done.
Speaker 1: Now, I will tell you this.
Speaker 6: We have a really good guy on our he's not an engineer, but he's on a referral list and he helps people a lot. And he has a really good eye for drainage because he does a lot of landscaping and a lot of concrete. And I'm wondering he probably is listening today. Maybe he would go over as a favor because we just need to lay eyeballs on it and figure out what it will take because it may not be that you know, it may not be that extensive what needs to be done, but we have no idea what needs to be done, and the county did not give you an idea.
Speaker 7: Could someone pour it like on your driveway or on your yard or some property that you own, create a speed bump that would stop it.
Speaker 20: Higher than it is now, because I already got one bump out there. They put that down. They put that down the first time.
Speaker 6: I wonder if Bob, Yeah, I want Bob over at l em Landscaping to go look at it and give us a report. I don't know if he can do it today, but he's a really good guy. Hey, Kachina, if you could drop a dime on him and see if he'll go over there for us, that would be great. And for those under the age of eighty who don't know what drop.
Speaker 1: A dye means.
Speaker 6: It used to be for payphones, we say drop a nyme blah blah blah. Anyway, I let my age show there, So hold on, William, We're going to try to get someone at least over there to eyeball it. I'm Tom Martino three three seven to one three talks seven one, three, eight two five five. Listen for thirty nine bucks, you get the extreme clean and tune in check of your AC. Do it before the real heat hits. It'll add longevity and deficiency to your AC for just thirty nine bucks.
Speaker 1: Fix myhome dot Com book now, all.
Speaker 6: Right, I want to go to Lauren, and I want to bring up Rich Harris Harrisfamilylaw dot Com. Great people, Rich, thank you for being here. Here's the bottom line. Lauren says that her daughter, basically the custody and control has been given to the girl's brother, So her sibling is taking care of her and Lauren doesn't like that situation. Lauren, what are you hoping to do? You want to get back full custody. She's seventeen right now. When is she going to be eighteen?
Speaker 1: Lauren? When is she going to be eighteen?
Speaker 3: She'll be eighteen January twenty fifth.
Speaker 6: Okay, So why are you going through all this trouble if she's just going to be eighteen in January and be on her own.
Speaker 3: Well, it's her senior year. I've raised her by myself for seventeen years and it was kind of a blind siding court when this happens.
Speaker 6: What is the reason the court appointed custody to the brother. There must have been a reason. What reason did they give you?
Speaker 3: It was just because she would not stop hitting me.
Speaker 1: She was one.
Speaker 3: She would not stop hitting me, She would not stop being abusive.
Speaker 6: Choice, Well, okay, she would not stop hitting you. Rich, What does she do in a case. I mean, I'm laying this on your lap cold like this, But that's what it is, as crazy as it sounds. A seventeen year old girl going to be eighteen in January.
Speaker 1: Kept hitting her mother.
Speaker 6: The courts took the kid away and put her under the guardianship of her brother. What does she do if she wants to try to get that back?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 21: Sure, Hi Tom, nice to talk to you. Yes, really tough situation, Lauren, sorry to hear it.
Speaker 13: You know you're going to need to file some sort of motion with the court.
Speaker 21: My question is is it a permanent placement with the brother or is it a temporary Do you have any hearings coming up?
Speaker 22: It was?
Speaker 3: We have a hearing coming up on July fifteenth. It is a temp freary guardianship is how it was placed. Bit in the paperwork, it is a temporary testity. He's removed, he's put her on his insurance. I mean, he's making it where it's a permanent thing where it was just.
Speaker 1: But I don't see what you mean.
Speaker 6: I don't see if it's only till January. I don't see the harm in just letting.
Speaker 7: It ride out And wouldn't a seventeen say about this.
Speaker 21: Rich, Yeah, absolutely, Tom, And the court's going to really take the seventeen year.
Speaker 11: Old's opinion into account.
Speaker 21: And there's almost definitely a court appointed guardian of some kind for the seventeen year old too.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a guardian in item and there's a case.
Speaker 1: Man, Okay, this is almost not worth fighting.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I mean, I hate for what you're going through, man, but it's going to be really hard to change with such a short time frame unless the child wants to come back, and the experts recommended that's.
Speaker 23: The thing was.
Speaker 3: There is Department and Human Services is involved and they actually were blindsighted as well as I was on April seventeenth when this happened. The other issue is is that I haven't spoken to her since that happened. It's been eight weeks and there has been zero communication from daughter and zero communication.
Speaker 1: From my son.
Speaker 6: But Lauren, even if they if they reversed it, even if they reversed it, it's not going to improve your relationship. And come January, she's going.
Speaker 1: To be eighteen. I mean, don't you see the folly in this?
Speaker 6: I mean, I understand your reasoning, but can't you see that it's a big fight for a very short time improve it.
Speaker 1: I think it would be like throwing gasoline on it.
Speaker 7: If you forced a seventeen year old known for hitting you back into your house, that's insanity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, did you, Lauren?
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 6: I'm not trying to tell you you're wrong for wanting to be her mom? But don't you see truly how temporary and how the fight you're going to go through for a couple months.
Speaker 22: I do.
Speaker 3: I'm more concerned with her safety there. She doesn't get brother, he's a king parent.
Speaker 1: Is what is the level of rich what is the level of evidence.
Speaker 6: Or the reason you have to have to change custody arrangements? I understand it's pretty strong, right yeah.
Speaker 21: I mean if it depends if it's temporary or permanent. But you're right, Tom, it's going to be pretty strong if she's already been placed with the other individual, the brother, and he's a police officer, unless the county's recommending she go back, including the gl recommending that, Lauren, I think the champions are going to be really difficult here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then you're going to run out of time because then she's going to be eighteen and then she's gonna flee. What I would do, and again, you didn't call for this kind of for this kind of advice. But what I would do is try to improve your relationship while she's with the brother and hopes that you can have an adult relationship with her when she turns eighteen.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe a meter for costing herself.
Speaker 3: And just that's the thing is that I've tried to set up counseling and nobody is responding.
Speaker 13: The gl that's.
Speaker 6: Because I'm telling you, it's because of the she's seventeen and will be eighteen in a few months.
Speaker 1: They don't understand.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 6: I understand you want to get counseling, which is different, but have you ever just asked her out for coffee.
Speaker 3: I can't even communicate with her.
Speaker 10: I don't have her phone number.
Speaker 7: It's kind of your son and your daughter talking to you right now.
Speaker 1: Can you communicate with your son now? She said that.
Speaker 6: This is it's probably time to take a step back, just for a little bit. It's not gonna be taken care of in this short amount of time you have. It's just not rich Harris Harris Family Law dot Com.
Speaker 1: Thank you for being here. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. It is car Day. We do have some car questions. I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 2: Ripped. You need advice when you don't have.
Speaker 24: Come running just as as can.
Speaker 2: Show Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 1: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey, Tom Martino here.
Speaker 6: We have a very busy day, uh car Day. But we've been getting so many calls on other things. We'll go to the phones. We do have some car questions as well. Phil wants to talk about an abandoned car.
Speaker 1: By the way.
Speaker 6: In the studio with us, we have Kevin Colkin from Sheridan Auto Tech. We have Bob Perry who's a leasing expert with JEFFR Cars, and Rod Greer over there a salesperson, and they're really all good people. So if you have any question about buying a car, selling a car, leasing a car, or car maintenance and repairs, including electrical issues, we have the experts today, but this is an odd one. This is about abandoned cars.
Speaker 11: Phil, go ahead, Yes, sir, Good morning, Tom. First thing, great news on your paper diagnosed.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Phil. You know what I feel. You're you're a survivor.
Speaker 11: Yes, sir, for your stage four melanoma survivor.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, gracious wow, Well well man, I'm telling you I am. I'm happy about that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, here's the question. We live in frank Town's or neighbors somewhere along here. Ten years ago my wife let one of her girlfriends leave a car here for quote, a couple of months of storage. It's still here. We can't get a hold of her. What can we do to get rid of this car legally? I don't want to pay for it, Just somebody come get it.
Speaker 1: What kind of car is it?
Speaker 25: On?
Speaker 11: Tinety one land yacht Cadillac? It's actually in pretty good shape too.
Speaker 22: You know?
Speaker 1: Where do you do you? Guys ever communicate with this friend?
Speaker 11: The last it's been nine years since we've talked to her. We can't even with you know, going through her last employee we knew of. We can't get any contact information.
Speaker 1: For you know, you you mentioned something. How do you get rid of this legally? I can't.
Speaker 6: I can't answer that, but I'll tell you this. What are the chances she's going to come after it? And if she does, what is it worth? And what is she going to say?
Speaker 1: You did wrong? I mean, she abandoned it.
Speaker 6: If it was me, I would have some junker come and a crusher come and pick it up.
Speaker 1: That's what I would do. That's what I would just do that. Guys.
Speaker 6: What do you think, guys, Kevin, what do you think about abandoned cars?
Speaker 9: Do you want to do it legal? Call a tow truck and let them do their own paperwork?
Speaker 1: Oh well, man, I'm telling you I am. I'm happy about that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, here's the question. We live in frank Town's or neighbors somewhere along here. Ten years ago, my wife let one of her girlfriends leave a car here for quote, a couple months of storage. It's still here. We can't get a hold of her. What can we do to get rid of this car legally? I don't want to pay for it, Just somebody come get it.
Speaker 1: What kind of car is it?
Speaker 22: On?
Speaker 11: Tinety one land yacht Cadillac. It's actually in pretty good shape too.
Speaker 1: You know, do you guys ever communicate with this friend the.
Speaker 11: Last it's been nine years since we've talked to her. We can't even with you know, going through her last employee we knew of. We can't get any contact information for.
Speaker 1: You know, you you mentioned something. How do you get rid of the legally? I can't.
Speaker 6: I can't answer that, but I'll tell you this, What are the chances she's.
Speaker 1: Going to come after it?
Speaker 6: And if she does, what is it worth? And what is she going to say you did wrong? I mean, she abandoned it. If it was me, I would have some junker coming a crusher come and pick it up. That's what I would do. That's what I would just do that.
Speaker 1: Guys. What do you think? Guys, Kevin, what do you think about abandoned cars?
Speaker 9: If you want to do it legal, call a tow truck and let them do their own paperwork. If you're not concerned about Oh do they do that? Yeah? Yeah, just tell them it's abandoned on my property. Come get it. You signed the ticket and they'll deal with it, or you sell it to the junker. Either way.
Speaker 11: That's a good idea. I would be bad shape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like like when you say it's not in bad shape, what what model is it?
Speaker 11: It's one I think it's it might be even a coupe deville, but it's that huge one that's not ye could be or fleetwood, the big blocks five hundred in it. You know, so it's got a good motor in radio.
Speaker 8: So yes, that's the biggest part of a lease payment is depreciation. So the right used car that doesn't depreciate a lot more, I'll have a very small payment and you still have the same options that you have with a new car lease at the end. You know, you've got an out if the value of the car's not there.
Speaker 1: What's the oldest one you've ever done? Probably you know, five year old car really, and.
Speaker 6: So how long would you typically lease a car like that for two or three years?
Speaker 8: Well, it depends on how many miles are on it to start with. But I mean they'll still do five years on a six year old car.
Speaker 6: That see.
Speaker 1: I find that absolutely astounding.
Speaker 6: And so you can take get a car up to six years old and go up to five years on a lease, you can.
Speaker 1: That must that must give you very very low payments. I mean it can.
Speaker 8: You know, Again, the depreciation is the biggest part. So if there's not much depreciation, it can be a small payment. If it's some thing like a you know, a high end import car, they still depreciate a lot and the payment would be huge and that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 6: Okay, Again, it all has to do with what the less ore feels it will be worth at the end of the lease term, because that is what you're going to make payments based on today's value minus the residual value. That's the part of the car you're using, or as I like to say, the part of the apple you're eating, and the part of the apple you have to pay for. And somebody wants to know this, and I forgot this. What is the difference? Ask your leasing guy what is the difference between an open end and a closed end lease? And I used to know that, but god, don't do they even have one or the other? Are they both available?
Speaker 1: What's the difference?
Speaker 8: So open end is designed for commercial use, so it's a business use. So on an open end lease, you'll still have a residual value, but the less he is responsible for that value. Because if you're say you're in construction, what's average wear in teror on a pickup truck that you're hauled around rocks and drywall and all that versus a closed end is designed for individuals. So on an open end, the less he is responsible for the residual value. So get to the end of the lease. Got a residual value turn the car in, so then you get three bids on that car, And if it's worth more than residual value, the less he gets that money back. If it's worth less than residual value, the less he has to pay the difference. On a closed end leash if he's not responsible for the residual value. As long as they've they're within the miles that are written, and you don't have excessive wear in terror, you can just walk away.
Speaker 6: So that means closed end, meaning everything is tied up at the end, you don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 1: But with an open end you're open.
Speaker 6: To whatever extra chargers there might be if it has excessive wear.
Speaker 1: Correct, because you know what's average.
Speaker 8: We're in terr If I tell you I have a construction company, I go all my trucks are beat up.
Speaker 1: That's average for me.
Speaker 8: So it's kind of a gray area so that you know you're still responsible for that. So normally an open end lease, I'll have a very small residual value just to be safe.
Speaker 1: Now, is it a good idea?
Speaker 6: Then? Would you would you recommend that to a client if they were in business, or would you just say purchase it?
Speaker 8: No, I mean it still makes sense because the company would get to write off the lease payments, and you know, normally like a construction company, when that lease is up, they're going to buy that because it's a good buy and get rid of an older truck, so they just pass them down that way.
Speaker 6: No, it still makes a lot of sense. All right, thank you very much. Bob Perry's with fur Cars. Leasing questions you can direct to us. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Tom Martine here at three ZHO three seven one three talk seven one three.
Speaker 1: Eight two five five. Let's go back to.
Speaker 6: We reconnected this time he wants to know about the Jeep versus the GMC, and then Kevin said he's leaning more toward the GMC, given that all things are equal a mileage and you know, condition and stuff like that. But he said that engine and both of them, which is the same engine, they're not good engines. After about sixty thousand miles, Greg, do you have any follow up questions?
Speaker 15: No, just they were all both twenty eighteen. One is the GMC, one is the Jeep. So they think the engines are equivalent. They're different engines by different manufacturers they are.
Speaker 1: Did you know that, Kevin? He said, they're two different engines.
Speaker 9: They're just problematic. Yeah, we have a lot of problems okay with both plais So.
Speaker 1: They're not the same, they're not the same manufacturers.
Speaker 9: The same displacement of three six is what I'm assuming, unless he's getting a HEMI or something like that in the deep.
Speaker 15: Yeah, they're both. They're both six cylinders.
Speaker 9: Yah, they're both the three six. So they're they're one hundred thousand mile motors. Just keep that in mind when you buying them.
Speaker 1: What happens after that? Kevin?
Speaker 9: I mean the cams, Like what the cams are problematic? You know, you start digging in and doing major engine work to them, leaks or you know, back and forth. You just start spending a lot of money on them.
Speaker 15: Okay, I would have is So if I'm looking if I'm looking at a what we'll call it a six feet suv near that age, what would you be looking at?
Speaker 6: Well Man, there's a lot of good SUVs. That depends on what you want to what you want to spend. Like Toyotas would be great, right, Kevin?
Speaker 9: Absolutely the best?
Speaker 6: Yes, Yeah, I mean they have the longevity how much do you want to.
Speaker 15: Spend I'm looking at spending less right around twenty five thousand or less.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can get a nice to get a pretty good one. Yep, Yeah, you can get a pretty good one for that. And may I ask another question? Why haven't you considered new too expensive?
Speaker 15: Just because of the.
Speaker 20: Cost most of the new ones.
Speaker 15: I mean I have thought about Fundae or Kiya new just because of the warrant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 6: Hundais have, Hey, Kevin, do Hyundais have a problem with longevity?
Speaker 9: Yeah, they do. I mean it's without that warranty, they're they're not near as valuable, but they're one hundred thousand mile cars they are.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, see when we say that one hundred thousand miles is a lot of miles, I mean but and then I mean, you know, I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 1: What you're saying is.
Speaker 6: They start going at about fifty or sixty and then are pretty wrapped up at one hundred. So when you say one hundred thousand miles, you mean they they kind of start deteriorating and they start nickling and diming you, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they start taking chunks, Yes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, one thing, when I had my g Wagon and it got up around sixty thousand miles K, there was always thing and and here's you're looking at this Mercedes g Wagon is supposed to be, you know, built like a tank, and I'm I'm telling you the cost of maintenance was outrageous, outrageous.
Speaker 1: And you're saying, all Mercedes.
Speaker 9: Do that, right, Yeah, at most Europeans BMW is the same thing. I mean, they're you hit that sixty sixty window and it starts taking a lot of money to keep those on the road.
Speaker 1: Why why do you think it is that way? Are they not built? Well? I mean they look like a brick you know what house?
Speaker 9: Oh, they really look they have major problems. But the problems they have are very expensive. So in other words, a common leak on a on a European car on one of these cost you five grand. That costs you twelve jeep.
Speaker 6: Yeah okay, now I think Evan, is this a new call on an abandoned car?
Speaker 1: We took one earlier. So what's going on?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was from Phil.
Speaker 5: Now this is you Okay, go ahead, And now I've got exactly the same question everybody I know that lives in the country, has dealt with abandoned cars, and I would rather hang up because my question was his question.
Speaker 6: Okay, Greg, I want to ask you something. How long has the car been there?
Speaker 25: Not?
Speaker 1: Greg, I'm sorry, Evan. How long has the car been there?
Speaker 14: Let's say six months?
Speaker 1: And is it on your property?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 6: Okay, I'd call a tow truck and say, listen, I got a vehicle on my property. They liking you make some money off of those, right, Kevin, When you said call a tow truck, because sometimes they send out notices, Yeah, I mean, what what kind of car is it?
Speaker 1: Evan?
Speaker 12: Is it?
Speaker 14: May I enterject because everybody that I know has sooner or later got an invented the car that a licensed tow truck by the BUC will come and get them for free and haul them away legally and take care of the paperwork that I say, anybody that has a vehicle that they should get some monetary return for the bother or the storage b.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you can. If you can't locate the owner, you're never going to.
Speaker 5: Get that owner is dead.
Speaker 13: Let's say the owner.
Speaker 9: There is a process, Evan, there is a process you can go through. It'll cost you about five hundred bucks and you'll get a bond title and then you can sell the car.
Speaker 5: Okay, that was the more you can that I was working for.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you can go through that. It takes about four months in about five hundred bucks, and you can get a title.
Speaker 1: Is that and where does he start, Kevin?
Speaker 9: There's companies that will apply for that. I mean there's there's one I can't remember his name that we work with, you know, if we want the title.
Speaker 6: So if a car's abandoned, there might be a way for Evan to go through a process whereby he gets a bonded title and owns it at the end of the processes.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you can get the paperwork online.
Speaker 14: I have a question, Well, that's the can as Pabelion, a layman go through the bonded title process without legal advice or a company that does it for the five hundred.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes you can, it is possible you do.
Speaker 1: I would assume you have to put up a bond.
Speaker 9: Well, in the end, you have to put up a bond.
Speaker 1: No matter what, you're going to have to put up a bond.
Speaker 5: There's a bond.
Speaker 9: But how much is that bond depends on the value of the car.
Speaker 1: Give me an idea, like, is it is a small percentage? Okay? All right? Yeah, So what kind of car is it? Evan? What kind of car is it?
Speaker 14: I'm calling as a generic caller because everybody of over years, a guy said I'll leave it here for the weekend, and that was five or ten years ago.
Speaker 7: Here is this.
Speaker 1: Frequent flyer, Phil, No, no, it's.
Speaker 18: Okay.
Speaker 1: What's a different name in the past. Yeah, but we can tell him, Evan, Thank you for calling. Three O three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Abandoned vehicles in the country, they are plentiful.
Speaker 1: I mean they really are. You often wonder what the hell's going on and why.
Speaker 6: By the way, Genesis Total Exteriors, we talked to them about their construction indoor and outdoor. They also do mold detection and remediation, so and they're honest about it. Genesistotalexteriors dot com. Tom Martine, you're a troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: Harold, what's going on with you? Harold? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Tom. First time caller. UH has a issue with the welcome I hope you can help me with.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is it?
Speaker 11: The company name is UH Popshelf Electric Heating.
Speaker 7: And Plumbing, Okay, and what's the problem.
Speaker 11: I signed up for a yearly service plan at the end of January of this year, okay. And before I did, I went on their website because I have a tankless water heater and I wanted to know if that was included with their service plan, which includes UH service and flushing of water, among other things.
Speaker 1: Right, exactly right.
Speaker 11: I didn't see anything on your site that said it was extra. And I called them in January before I signed up, and I specifically asked UH at least twice that I know of, if it mattered that I had a tankless water heater.
Speaker 13: I was told no, it rightn't.
Speaker 11: Matter, It's covered. Right when it came time to do it, it was a different story.
Speaker 6: Do you let me ask you, Sonny Harold, do you pay for this by the month or in a lump sum?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 11: It was ninety nine dollars for the year. I paid for it an a lump sum.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 11: And I even had me let me get to this. I'm looking on my computer right now. I even received an email from them because they they they sent a tech out this past Thursday yesterday to do the tankless water heater safety inspections slash flush. I got the email right in front of I can send it to it, and it says under that ninety nine dollars promo one year service plan. Nowhere does it say that it's extra.
Speaker 1: And how much extra are they charging?
Speaker 11: At first they wanted to charge me one hundred and eighty nine dollars extra. Holy trap tech got here. Yeah, when the tech got here yesterday, before he started, he said it's going to be one hundred and twenty nine dollars. They're giving you a little break. I'm not paying that because I was told it was included. I am not paying that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But do you have anywhere hold on, Harold, No matter what you were told, it's not a matter unless you can prove it. So do you have anything in writing, or any emails or any text or anything.
Speaker 11: Stating that the water heater tankless was included?
Speaker 6: I don't, yeah, or anything saying it was not included. Okay, So everything you did for this maintenance plan was by phone?
Speaker 1: Was or by by how?
Speaker 6: How did you communicate with him and what did you call them up for what was the original reason you called them?
Speaker 1: Very seldom do.
Speaker 6: People call these companies and say, oh, by the way, I want a yearly maintenance plan.
Speaker 1: So what brought you to this yearly maintenance plan?
Speaker 9: What was it?
Speaker 11: We purchased another house and I'm sure the previous owner didn't have the tankless flush. I mean the house was only four years old.
Speaker 6: I understand, how did you come to find this company? And why did you call this company? How did you find them? And why did you call them?
Speaker 11: H I received a flyer in one of those keep on.
Speaker 1: Okay they.
Speaker 6: And was it about the maintenance plan the flyer? Or was it just about their general service?
Speaker 11: It was about the maintenance plan?
Speaker 1: Okay, do you still have that flyer? I don't know.
Speaker 11: My wife's going to look right now, but I'm also.
Speaker 6: Okay, here's here's what's going to happen, Harold. Let me just tell you what's going to happen. I'll have somebody call over there and say, why aren't you taking care of his tankless water heater? And they're going to say it's not it's not included. And then we're going to say, but he said, you promised it was included, and they're going to say, no, we didn't.
Speaker 1: So what I'm getting at is it's not going to go anywhere.
Speaker 6: I mean, I understand that you say, you know, they said it was included, and in their mind they could mean it was included for an extra charge. I mean, we need some kind some kind of documentation. By the way, even if you have something saying what is included, because if they say a water heater, then I would say they'd have to use They'd have to include your water heater, they would, I mean, if they say water heater. So do you have anything at all that describes this service?
Speaker 1: I'm looking right on their website.
Speaker 7: This service includes one annual AC tune up, one annual furnace tune up, one annual water heater flush and safety inspection, one visual electrical inspection, and discounts on repairs.
Speaker 6: So what would you say that is mark? Would you expect it to be yes? Covered?
Speaker 7: Yes, Not only that, he said he talked to him twice and both times they said it, and I take the guy at his word.
Speaker 1: Along with what I'm reading on the website. These guys, I don't know why they wouldn't do it.
Speaker 11: No, it makes sense with the same thing.
Speaker 7: Let's see what does it say in your try to call them up. I mean they got good ratings and stuff. Maybe they'll come on and simply say, hey, we'll go ahead and do it for him, and then change the language and the agree to the people.
Speaker 1: Did they offer to refund it?
Speaker 11: No, that's what I was just gonna say. After the tech that was here yesterday told me that it was going to be one hundred and twenty nine dollars. I called the company and spoke to I guess that's their service manager. Her name is down. I said, you know, if you're not going to honor this, I want my ninety nine dollars refunded. And she said, I'll talk to the owner and call you back. And she called me back fifteen minutes later, and she said, he refuses.
Speaker 7: Let's get him on and let's let's just try to call him. Maybe they'll be a little better when we talked to him.
Speaker 1: Key, wait, D, Deputy D, what what do you have.
Speaker 9: I'm also looking.
Speaker 19: At their website and right at the top, the very first the very first top line of their website says one satisfaction guarantee and a thumbs up symbol so I think Don, Yes, I think Don should just shoot you a refund for ninety nine bucks.
Speaker 9: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Let's give me a call, I mean, and that's okay.
Speaker 11: And I wanted the service for the water heater flush.
Speaker 9: M hm, I can call them right now, town.
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's let's let deaate this ninety nine bucks to allow them to come into the house three times a year to inspect everything.
Speaker 1: They should be happy as hell.
Speaker 7: I mean, Kevin, wouldn't you love to be able to inspect someone's car three times a year and get paid for it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Last week exactly, maybe a week and a half ago, I actually had another tech come out to do an AC check and inspection. As soon as he came in the door, he asked where the AC unal was. I said, well, it's in, but it's like a five foot crawl space if maybe a little more. And he said, I'm not going down there.
Speaker 1: This was for the same company, the same same company.
Speaker 11: Yep, another tech that kind of sucks. Yes, And he didn't Tom, He didn't check anything, He didn't open one panel, He didn't do anything.
Speaker 7: About to condense your outside. Did he at least take a hoose to it?
Speaker 11: He didn't have a hose, and I don't have a hose on the house yet because we just moved in.
Speaker 1: Listen, it sounds like what we ought to do is just get a refunded move on.
Speaker 15: Yah.
Speaker 7: I mean, you're not gonna you're not guaranteed that. Dmitri pointed out, You've got that, and then here's two services that he paid for, neither of which he'll do. It's kind of stupid at this point.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So Dmitri is calling him right now. Let's put this on hold and we'll see what they have to say. I mean, when you have a customer like this, for god's sakes, ninety nine Bucks is not going to make or break the company. Let him out. Let him out.
Speaker 1: We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 6: If you know here three zero three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Let's find out what's on your mind today and how we can help you.
Speaker 1: Let me just find my call screener here.
Speaker 6: I am okay, So Bob with elim Landscaping, what is he calling about?
Speaker 1: Did he go out there already or what what's going on? Or did you did you get him on for Dawn Bob. Yes, Bob, what did you.
Speaker 22: Want to do?
Speaker 14: Sir?
Speaker 1: Did you hear the earlier caller? I wanted you to go out and look.
Speaker 13: At I got two of them.
Speaker 26: I'm gonna call him here in just a little bit.
Speaker 3: It's the information. Then I'll just look at it.
Speaker 7: I wonder.
Speaker 26: I want to know because of your amazing you know the way you.
Speaker 20: Talk about our company.
Speaker 8: We want to put out that.
Speaker 12: Anybody that calls from Tom Martino.
Speaker 26: Show and hires us, and you know our labor rate because I can't work for you, We're going to take five hundred dollars a day off in labor.
Speaker 11: Off our normal library for anybody that gets calls the your show.
Speaker 12: And hires us.
Speaker 20: So I want to put that out there.
Speaker 1: Holy Cora, what is that for? Like six hours of labor?
Speaker 14: What is that?
Speaker 3: Well, our normal library, I can watch the thirty piveular to day.
Speaker 26: What we get one day, as you saw, we can do two days working.
Speaker 22: One, but we'll take it down to three thousand a day.
Speaker 26: And all materials are wholesale, paid by the customer to the home or to the supplier that stays the a minimum.
Speaker 18: Of fifty percent.
Speaker 26: That's because of your time. We love you, You support us, and we want to give back to your listeners.
Speaker 1: Now listen.
Speaker 6: I want people to know that he's talking about the entire crew when he talks about three thousand a day, and most of landscaping is labor, not materials.
Speaker 1: So that's a screaming deal.
Speaker 6: And if you want to find out more about Bob or just talk to him and ask your questions, because I'm sure you have questions. It's three oh three, five six four, ninety one oh four, three oh three, five sixty four ninety one oh four.
Speaker 1: Thanks Bob.
Speaker 6: We use him LAM Landscaping on referralss dot com. We use him to go out and inspect a lot of things, like this guy that said he's having a lot of flooding since they paved the street in front of his house. We want to see what's causing that and if it can be diverted and what the solution is. So Bob's helping us there. Thank you, Bob, appreciate it. Now Harold is going to talk about this company. He said he signed up for a ninety nine dollars yearly maintenance plan with top shelf electric heating and plumbing in January twenty twenty five and he has a tankless water heater and according to everything there, there's no exclusion for this. But they say it's going to be at extra one hundred and twenty nine bucks. And I said, look, rather than fight over he said. She said, if he hasn't used this yet, why not just refund the money. Deputy D was going to call over there, Deputy D.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hi, Tom.
Speaker 19: I called them just a few minutes after we finished with Harold here and they're going. So the lady I spoke with was not the same one that Harold spoke with, but I did explain the situation, and I did polite Lass and to consider just giving him back his ninety nine bucks and he can go his own way.
Speaker 1: So she's going to check with the lady I forgot Dawn. I think that's Dawn that he spoke with.
Speaker 19: So this lady is She promised me she'll immediately contact Dawn, she'll get familiarized to the situation, she'll call me right back.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's good, I'll tell you.
Speaker 6: So. At least they were willing to talk about it. And many times there are misunderstandings. And I've always said, if you haven't expended any time, any money, any products. It's always best to just cut bait and not have a contentious relationship.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 6: So we're gonna follow up on that and more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. It's Car Day. I do have car texts and I'll get to those as well. And you can always text us. Remember at five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: Ripped up.
Speaker 7: News.
Speaker 2: You need advice so you don't have run in Just as as we can, Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 13: Come.
Speaker 4: Man, this is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 6: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. It's Car Day today. We got a lot of questions, problems, complaints coming in. You can be part of it by just calling three ozho three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six or three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: We've had a lot of calls today about neighbors and water and drainage and uh encroachments so uh and it is car Day today. I have Kevin Colkin with us from Sheridan Auto tech dot com and then we have two folks.
Speaker 1: From Jffar Cars.
Speaker 6: We have Bob Greer who is a auto broker salesperson, and we have Bob Perry who does leasing if you have any questions on that. We've had questions on leasing cars and going back to those questions, uh, how old can you go back?
Speaker 1: Six model years?
Speaker 6: And sometimes leasing a used car makes sense, sometimes it doesn't. And Bob can count you through all that. We also, uh have some other calls we'll get to right now though, Dawn, what's going on with you?
Speaker 1: Don welcome?
Speaker 13: Hi?
Speaker 20: Can you hear me?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 1: I sure can. What's happening?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Hi, Yes, I can hear you.
Speaker 3: Yes, Thanks for taking my message. Is there wondered if you can help with the situation. I have a neighbor who has a down spout that off their roof that is pointing to my property. Two years ago, my basement was very badly flooded, and we've had a lot of monsoons here recently, and we had a discussion about him rerouting that water back into his yard. He actually approached me about it and he was going to do that, but instead of directing it away from my property, he merely extended the pipe pointing toward my property and putting it on one of those perforated looks like a French drain pipe, which is now resting on my property.
Speaker 10: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: My brother recommended I call you. I don't know if this is.
Speaker 6: Your okay, all right, well yeah, well we sometimes work, We sometimes have success like this, but I need to get a clearer picture. So the down spout comes down, and does it go under the ground or is it on top of the ground.
Speaker 3: Ka, it goes under the ground. What happened was a previous owner had put in a paved area and routed that pipe under the sidewalk that now is pointing at my home.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: And it goes under the sidewalk. And does it then come out in daylight or does it stay underwater underground?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's sticking straight, yes, winging at my property.
Speaker 1: Okay. And when it sticks out, you can see the water.
Speaker 6: You can see the water coming down the down spout and going down that line and emptying onto your property.
Speaker 3: It's empties on his property. My fence line is within two to three feet of.
Speaker 1: That, okay, So when it empties onto his property.
Speaker 3: Sorry mean to interrupt you. I was just going to merely say it barely it falls into an area that is dead water. It isn't flowing out street or flowing back to his backyard, so it accumulates there and then it piles up and has nowhere to drain other than into the ground and ultimately into my crawl space.
Speaker 6: So does it come through the wall in your crawl space or can you see it coming in from between? Like like, where is it coming into your crawl space? From the floor or the wall or a window? How does it come into your crawl space?
Speaker 3: Well, I believe it was coming in underground, like saturating the ground, and then the some pump was unable to accumulate all the flow. I mean, obviously this wasn't the only cause of water coming during those floods in May of twenty twenty three. So it's not coming through a wall per se. It's coming up under the ground, and the some pump couldn't handle the all the volume. The pipes burst and so the torrential raincour was in my basement. But the point is is now I'm offered to move that. Let's see, how do I explain this? So the down's about now facing south toward my property instead of going west onto his property. He had recommended he could cut the pipe and point it back that way. When I asked him about it the other day, says, oh, I'm not going to do that. That's tens of thousands of dollars. I'm not going to spend the money. But the point is he's made the problem worse because now the water literally goes through this new pipe, sits on my property and is draining right there, and I only have a five foot easement. All that water accumulates.
Speaker 1: Gosh, this is weird.
Speaker 6: I mean again, I don't know if it's a problem that you have to handle because of the slope of your property, or if it's something he has to do because he is, you know, most of the time. And people don't like this answer I give them, But most of the time, when it comes to drainage, it's up to the person at the end of the day drain line to deal with the drainage. In a drainage plan, for example, every everybody drains to the property next to them. That's natural to the lower properties. But if they do it, they can't do it in a negligent way and just dump. But there might be an easy way for you to deal with this flow is there does the ground slope towards your house or away from your house.
Speaker 3: The ground from his property is higher by about two to three feet, so his flow flows naturally into my area.
Speaker 6: And then okay, when it flows into your area, when you look at your basement and you look at your your basement or crawl space, and you look at the ground from your house outward, does it flow down or does it flow towards your house?
Speaker 3: It flows down to the street.
Speaker 6: But there's just too much water coming from his side for it to flow before it goes into your house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, because at that point it isn't much of a downward slope. The downward slope is on the how do I mean to.
Speaker 20: Say this.
Speaker 3: More where the garages starts. It's not it needs to be directed to flow to that downward slope.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you right?
Speaker 6: But that could be your responsibility if it's on your property to do that. In other words, I'm not saying it is. I'm saying it could be. With drainage, it's very tricky. It's not always the one draining unless they're doing something weird.
Speaker 3: I think they did they redirected, they didn't do something word they redirected the flow toward my property instead of away from his house, toward his backyard.
Speaker 1: And according to you can you see Okay? According to the Aurora Code.
Speaker 3: What it The rule is that the flow must be away from the property and not pointing toward your neighbor's property. He's in violation of that code. So this might be out.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait where did you where did you see?
Speaker 6: No? No, we handle neighbor versus neighbor on stuff like this all the time. But where on the Aurora Code are you reading this? Do you have a link to it?
Speaker 3: I personally do not. I spoke to my neighborhood deals with He actually does building. He's a consultant for building. He deals with all of the municipalities and he deals with this all the time. And it's basically I have not seen it on the Aurora website or maybe need to speak to somebody there. But he confirmed for me that the flow must be away from the home toward the retention on wherever the law accumulates.
Speaker 11: But what he's talking don in my basement.
Speaker 6: Sorry, what he's talking about is this the drainage has to be away from your house, meaning the neighbor has to have his drainage away from his house and into a drainage area.
Speaker 1: You have to do the same.
Speaker 6: In other words, you may have to grade. I'm not saying for sure, but it's very possible that your sloping is wrong and you have to do something to help that water get to the right spot. I know it doesn't sound logical to you, but I promise you, Sometimes it turns out that the one draining to you, the one draining to you, is not the one causing the problem.
Speaker 1: But you have to drain away from your house as well.
Speaker 6: That's why I'm trying to get a picture of how the drain works.
Speaker 1: We could have somebody look at it.
Speaker 6: You say, you have a neighbor who does construction, but does he do drainage?
Speaker 1: Does he know?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 1: Did he say was wrong?
Speaker 6: Because just because a neighbor has their drain pointing to you doesn't make them at fault, because you have a responsibility as well to handle water on your property. And I can't get a picture of where it's going wrong. Can your neighbor talk to us about it? Can your neighbor talk to us about it?
Speaker 22: Is?
Speaker 3: It's the neighbor isn't talking to anybody about it. He says he's put his drainage pipe right onto my property, and he has said he's not doing anything else about it.
Speaker 6: So when you say right on your property, it comes up out of the ground, it comes out out of the ground and empties right onto your.
Speaker 1: Property five feet away, that's correct. And then from that five feet away.
Speaker 6: Where it empties, it pulls there and eventually goes into your basement.
Speaker 11: Correct.
Speaker 1: And does it happen on every ground?
Speaker 6: Does it happen on does it happen on every rain or just heavy rains?
Speaker 3: Well, the flooding happened on the one two years ago. I'm concerned because I'm because what this his drainage pointing rotted my previous fence that I just recently had to replace, and the technician that built defensive. You need to get this downspout moved away from here. It just rotted a whole sixteen foot section.
Speaker 6: So is it difficult to move that down spout? I mean, everyone is telling you the downspouts in their wrong position. Okay, well, but it's it's doing. But you need to get the city of Aurora to tell you that, because I know of no code that says I don't know of any code that talks about I would call building the building department and say, could you take a look at this and tell me is he doing something wrong? Or do I need to build a swale or do I need to build something on my property to divert it?
Speaker 1: Normally? Again, down I know you don't. I know you don't want to hear this.
Speaker 6: But normally it's the property that's above that drains to the property below, and the property below has to divert it, and and.
Speaker 1: It goes down the line that way. That's how drainage works.
Speaker 6: Some people call it the most unfair system in the world, but if you look at drainage plans, drainage plans are always left to the person at the bottom. They're the ones that have to divert the water. But I don't can't get an accurate picture of yours. You're saying, the downspout, he's pointing directly at you and not even attempting to turn it.
Speaker 1: Why did he do that? I mean, I don't understand why.
Speaker 3: He go ahead, Oh, oh, well, so then he's an owner as of the last four and a half years. He inherited this. I don't know when they put in that paved area the country put that down spout there, and I didn't even know it existed until I went to look at the fence to replace it. And I at that moment, like a year ago, I'm going, what is that pipe? I never even knew it was there.
Speaker 20: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, that pipe from that that pipe?
Speaker 6: What if he put a curve on the end of that pipe that wouldn't cost tens of thousands of dollars.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that divert it away from you?
Speaker 3: Well, that's exactly what he did. And I know it's difficult to visualize.
Speaker 6: Can you take a picture? Can you take a picture and we'll send it to our expert. Okay, here's what I'm gonna do. Okay, I want you to send it to us. Hold on, okay, so hold on, Kaschina, get this picture to us, and I want to send it to Bob over at l EM Bob, if you're still listening, by the way, Bob is taking money off of labor for anyone who calls and mentions Martino elm Landscaping at referralis dot com. Bob, can you please maybe look at this picture and see what you think it sounds?
Speaker 1: To me again.
Speaker 6: I'm going to go over this and it's difficult to understand and people don't think it's fair, But drainage works this way. The higher property diverts away from their property, the one below them has to divert away from their property, and it goes on and on and on unless the plan calls for a retention.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 6: If it calls for a retention, then the developer or the homeowner is responsible for putting in a retention pond or some kind of retention to slow down the flow. But without seeing the master drainage plan, we.
Speaker 1: Don't know what it is.
Speaker 6: It could be your responsibility, Dawn, and that's why a good call to Aurora might help. But let's let our expert look at it and see what they come up with. Three oh three seven to one, three eight two five five. Hi Tom Martinez here at three oh three seven to one three talks on three eight two five five. All right, Marika has a problem with Century Link. Marika, what's going on with you? Marika?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 3: Hello, So we have.
Speaker 24: Had no internet on our house since May second, and multiple calls pretty much every day, chat calls to Central Link. No resolution yet and it's been six weeks now.
Speaker 6: Six weeks? What has been going on for six weeks? Is it a complete outage?
Speaker 22: On?
Speaker 24: So what's been going on? On Friday?
Speaker 3: May second?
Speaker 24: There's some digging done on the neighborhood. We live in a rural area and buy another company and there's been a couple outages since, and we've been in communication with Centralank customer service.
Speaker 6: And so let me ask you this though, I want to ask you're calling about your mari Kay, you're calling about your service?
Speaker 1: Has it been out for six weeks straight?
Speaker 5: Correct?
Speaker 6: Six weeks? And what excuse do they have for that? What are they saying they're doing about it?
Speaker 24: So what's happening? They are sending a tech out Texas that there's a lot of Linds cup. They escalate the situation to cable crew. Cable crew usually we get a notification that there's an outage, at least that was what was happening at the beginning of the process, and then we get a notification that the outage has been resolved, and then.
Speaker 3: We're square one.
Speaker 24: Nobody communicates with us with us and we call back to a Central Link customer service which is not locally low CAD and we start from score one, send a kick out tech. Uh this that Kate always got outside of a house and send a cable crew and here we go again. And now lately in the past two weeks when we've been in communication with them, they have the appointment out, but appointment has been rescheduled multiple times.
Speaker 3: In the past.
Speaker 24: Let's say to the three weeks, and we had an appointment again today and it got rescheduled for next Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Okay. Now when they come out, do they ever fix it?
Speaker 6: Does it ever work for a little while and then go back out, or do they never fix it?
Speaker 15: They never fix it.
Speaker 24: We have not had an internet on our house since May second?
Speaker 1: Are they charging you every month?
Speaker 24: We actually, we actually stopped the auto charge on it our billing cycle okay cycle, and they refused to give any refund for us from May second to May seventh. They alkay, are allowed to give credit for our account.
Speaker 1: Tom, I have a couple of contacts there. I just need to get Marika's info and I'll try to help her out.
Speaker 7: Okay, it'll be let's do that today. But we can get rolling on it today.
Speaker 6: No, Sus, thank you very much. Yes, Sus does have some angels over there. We'll try to have them look it up. Marika, do your neighbors? Are your neighbors also out?
Speaker 24: Not anymore? They got they got fixed. Who I have talked to several weeks ago.
Speaker 1: But you're the only one on your block that's out.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's weird, that's weird. That's not a Century Link problem. Well it is, but it's near your house because all your neighbors have service, right, Yes, so.
Speaker 24: Apparently it's the line that is crossing the street. Again, we're living a rural area. All the neighbors.
Speaker 6: Lot now here. Let me explain something to you, though, let me explain something to you. I know you're not going to want to hear this. Well, we'll call Sentrylink and find out. But many times Centrylink is only responsible in the rural area because I've done subdivisions and they are responsible for the main line, but not the service line going to your house. It's called the last mile. It might be your responsibility. It might be your house that goes out and connects to the box.
Speaker 1: Now I'm not sure of that, but that could be an issue.
Speaker 6: I remember one time being out in the country and there was an issue with the line from my house to their what they called their their box or something on the street or their main line. And I was responsible for digging that up and repairing it. It wasn't centry Link. It depends. Are you in a subdivision where where you each have five acre lots? Yes, okay, it could be the way the developer did it was each house had its own service line, and the centry Link line is the only thing centry Link.
Speaker 1: Is responsible for. But we're gonna find out for you.
Speaker 6: Hold on three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Frank Derand in real estate Man will do a valuation of your home to see what it will sell for in today's market. It's free of charge and comprehensive. Before you listen, you may want to wonder what will it sell for. You may want the exact figures. Well, he can't give you exact but he's damn close and listen to this. There is no obligation for this service. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two fran Rand the real estate Man dot com.
Speaker 1: Seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: All right, somebody wants to know by text, where can I get a quality alternator for my two thousand and six cheap Wrangler TJ.
Speaker 1: What is my original scatary one? I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean where they can go and get a dependable one. I don't know what they mean? What are what are the options for used parts? I mean they're still making new parts for two thousand and six.
Speaker 9: Right, yeah, rebuilt parts?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, like starters and alternators, they're always rebuilt, right Kevin.
Speaker 9: Yes, they do make new ones as well, so there is a choice a lot of times.
Speaker 6: So where would you go if you had one in the shop, A two thousand and six cheap Wrangler.
Speaker 9: We use NAPA mostly because of the warranty that we have with them for you know, it's nationwide.
Speaker 12: Three.
Speaker 1: Do they still have different qualities?
Speaker 9: Yes, you can get more OE quality as opposed to their their store brand, which may be the exact same thing. You just don't know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, oh that's a good point. One just costs more better warranty.
Speaker 12: Yep.
Speaker 7: How about like price wise from let's say their their baseline to their nice.
Speaker 9: Times as much? Holy oh yeah, that could be a huge difference.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, so yeah, somebody else wants to know what you think about those those yards where you can go in and pull your own I mean that's again you don't pulling safe.
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Hey, if you're looking for little parts though that they don't make anymore that don't wear out brackets and and you know, different different mounting things. I mean that's its ideal radios. Yeah, different radios. I mean there's guys, go you get five hundred dollars headlights for fifty bucks. You know some of these headlights?
Speaker 1: Oh really? Oh yeah, that's pretty cool. Where where's one in town?
Speaker 7: Near Montbella?
Speaker 9: There used to be a Yeah, that's a thirty second in Peoria something up that way. Yeah, okay, Broadway, and you know what seventy six Tom.
Speaker 7: Back in the day, I had a buddy in New Jersey that owned a big salvage yard. He still does, but they don't do this anymore. You would go in there and pay one hundred bucks and whatever you could carry out, that's what you had. So you could go in there on my door and take it out. But literally you had to carry it. You couldn't have a shopping cart. But think about that one hundred bucks whatever part.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 6: One hundred bucks for everything you can carry out. Okay, let's talk to Greg, excuse me, Jack, Jack, you have an issue with a Tacoma gas intake.
Speaker 1: Now what does this means? You work with Sheridan? Are you familiar with this case? Kevin?
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 7: I'm not sure?
Speaker 20: Yeah, Jack, keV, this is Jack.
Speaker 23: You worked on my blue Tacoma with three hundred and thirty two sousands.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, okay what yeah, three hundred and thirty two thousand miles.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was just broke in.
Speaker 23: Yeah yeah, Kevin. It's like the Johnny Cast song Kevin, and is rebuilding my truck one piece of a time?
Speaker 6: My god, you really have over three hundred thousand miles on this tom That's not uncommon for a Tacoma or a Forerunner or a land Cruiser.
Speaker 7: There are you getting?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: They're built really nice time or like they're like in a cult.
Speaker 21: Man.
Speaker 7: Follow I'm ready for the hailbop to fly over, and you guys try to jump on it.
Speaker 1: Anyway? So what what what can we do for you?
Speaker 20: So here's the deal.
Speaker 23: So recently I've been going to pump gas and when I put the nozzle in the tank to fill, as soon as I pull the trigger, it shuts right off. And it's it just started within the last few weeks. So finally I stopped by and talked to keV and brought it into his shop this week, and they had a couple of ideas, but neither of those ideas that.
Speaker 20: They had were indicated, so we just kind of left.
Speaker 1: It the way it is. And it sounds like a clog vent. Is it a clogged vent? Kevin?
Speaker 9: That's my first guess, yep.
Speaker 23: So here's the solution that I've figured out in the last two days since I saw you, guys.
Speaker 20: Every time I fill it up now, I twist the handle to.
Speaker 23: The side and slowly squeeze it and it keeps running and I just have to stand there and hold the thing.
Speaker 6: Why I don't understand that? And why are you nodding? Yes, Deputy d Oh.
Speaker 19: I've seen that happen before, not on my own vehicles, but I know two people that had the same issue.
Speaker 1: And Kevin's guests, well, well, what does curve turning it have to do with anything?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that part I don't.
Speaker 19: Own a stand, but Kevin's guests sounds like it should have been right on. Which is a clogged up vent?
Speaker 1: How do you clean those vents out? keV, or do you just run a new one.
Speaker 9: Either you take it apart and there's carbon, you know, maybe canister let loose a little bit and you got some debris. You just get it out of there.
Speaker 23: I thought, you guys look at all that, keV.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm sure they you too, but that's yeah, I will have to get another list.
Speaker 6: How do you how do you even tell us clogged? How do you even tell us clogged? I mean, can you see it visually?
Speaker 9: Well, there's certain ways the air should be flowing, and you just blow through it and see if it is going through or not. Yeah, it's not scientific.
Speaker 23: Yeah, sideways though, it was just kind of an intuitive thing and I decided, well, what the heck, maybe if I twisted sideways, it gets better airflow and it's actually working. So you know, I think Isaiah said that your guys looked at that canister and said it was not full, that it was fine.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was operational. Yeah, I don't know. I'll give it with Isaiah and see you you know, see what he's see what they came up with.
Speaker 7: The other thing that could be a big possibility with this guy, Jack, have you looked for a loose nut behind the wheel.
Speaker 11: Behind what Oh.
Speaker 6: God, Mark loves Mark loves using.
Speaker 20: That mean, who's he with the wheel on it?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 23: Yeah, the hoo'sy with the wheel? Yeah yeah, my trust got one of those.
Speaker 6: Now Mark has another one. He used to do all the time, that piss. Oh my god, it got so old. I can tell you where you got those shoes?
Speaker 7: Remember, Mark, how could anyone ever forget?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he did?
Speaker 9: Remember.
Speaker 1: I got Marco Bendinelli. He's an attorney.
Speaker 7: In fact, he's the only attorney that's ever got three multi million dollar case wins in front of a jury, the actual wins in a three month period in Colorado. So very smart guy. I said, hey, I know where you got those shoes, and he goes, no, you don't you know he had some fancy shoes on. I said, you can't lie Italian shoes. Yeah, Italian shoes, of course, Marco. And he bet me lunch, because that's what I do. I bet people lunch. And I said, you got him on your feet, bam. So he owed me lunch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two hours and Mark thought he was so clever.
Speaker 7: Hold on, two hours later in the show, I look over at Marco right where Suzanne is I go, man, that's a nice shirt.
Speaker 1: I bet I know where you got that shirt. He fell for it.
Speaker 6: Oh no again, Oh my god, don't say that. You're going to ruin his reputation.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Tacoma.
Speaker 6: I think that Dacoma still has a clog vent and I think by moving the handle sideways, he's simply letting more air in.
Speaker 1: That's all he's doing. We got just tricking it. Okay, Well let's take this break. We are more coming right up.
Speaker 7: Three zero three, Martina. Look we got another hour to go. We're kicking ass and taking names today. In fact, Deputy d you have an update. We had someone call in. Harold called in. He spent ninety nine dollars with a company called Top Shelf HVAC. And basically what happened was for that ninety nine bucks, once a year, they're supposed to come out and clean and flush and inspect the water. He same with the furnace, same with the air conditioner. A lot of these companies do it. A lot of companies we advertise do it. It's a great way to meet the customer, to be able to check out all their stuff and to have.
Speaker 1: The customer rely on you. I actually love the way that marketing works.
Speaker 7: In fact, I joked with Kevin, wouldn't it be great if people paid you one hundred bucks for you to inspect your car each other?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a it's a great deal.
Speaker 7: But he calls them up to come out and do his water heater, and because it's a takeless water heater, and I wish, I wish Deputy Bow was here. I would like a little clarity on what you do maintain on them. There's no tank, there's no tak so how do you flush it? But Deputy D called up over the top shelf. And by the way, when I looked them up, they had really good Uh they had good reviews on Google. They looked solid. I don't remember getting a complaint on them ever. So what'd you find out? Deputy D tell me it's good news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, market's really good news.
Speaker 9: And I agree.
Speaker 1: They're top shelf company.
Speaker 7: They have great reviews.
Speaker 19: When I called them, this lady answered the phone immediately, was very understanding, and I just got a couple of minutes ago, I got an email from them and they said, hey, look, we're very sorry to see Harold go, but in the interests of our commitment to excellent customer service. We're issuing a full refund and he should see the fund's return to his original payment method within three to five business days. So Man, Top Shelf is just a really great company to deal with.
Speaker 9: I love it.
Speaker 1: We have a disagreement with him.
Speaker 7: The only thing I would have liked more, The only thing I would have liked more if they agreed to go out and maintain it, because that is kind of what he paid for. But I agreed, Deputy D. Great job on that, all right, three three seven one three eight two five five. Hey, Kelly, I would like to know. I'm trying to think who you could call real quick on this. Maybe who Plumbline. I want to know. Get somebody on there from Plumbline. Tell them it's about maintenance on a water heater. I I just want to know at this point, like I'm curious too. I am so curious because they wanted an additional one hundred and twenty nine dollars, according to the caller, to do the flush on a on a takeless water heater. I don't even know what that means, but I do want to find out. Now we've got an issue with public storage. Hey, what's going on? Aaron and Greg and Adam. I promise we're going to get you guys looked up. Go ahead, eron, this is hello, Yes, sir, Hey, sir.
Speaker 12: I just want to thank you for helping me with that dog issue back a few months ago with the Chapa. Everything was resolved.
Speaker 1: Aaron, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 13: To you that serve, go ahead, but I just want to thank you and your team.
Speaker 22: But we're here today with a scam on public storage on Bellevue and Windemer.
Speaker 12: There are people that are rent and paying insurance. There's been water leaks over there. They're moving people out, and then there was three days the miction served on folks there that have claims and now they're like, you have until all their bills are paid. It's just not Wileyton.
Speaker 11: The public storage on Bellevue and Windemer.
Speaker 7: Aaron, do you have a unit there now?
Speaker 25: I do?
Speaker 12: I have some stuff store there?
Speaker 1: So you have some stuff store.
Speaker 7: When you say they're serving evictions, what kind of evictions are they serving?
Speaker 11: There's a letter on our.
Speaker 15: Door said you have three days to vacate.
Speaker 10: We just paid the bill, all right?
Speaker 7: Hold on a second, Hold on hold on, I got to put you on hold. I'm curious about the storage facility is going to be different when it comes to eviction. But are they saying there's only three days to get your property out? I'm very curious on that, and why so many different people everybody hold.
Speaker 2: On ripped off?
Speaker 12: You don't he.
Speaker 1: Suscess as can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 1: Come man, this is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 7: No John Martine, welcome my friends to the only show It's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. We have recouped over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise exchanges refunds directly due to this show. We try to get involved, which is nice before you get ripped off. But if you did get ripped off, if there's a bad contractor or a bad landlord or anything out there, I don't care. If it's a dentist, We've gone after attorney's denis, doctors, you name it. If you need help, you call three h three Martino. And it doesn't matter if we're live on error not because that number works all the time. Three zero TH's ree Martino. Friday's car Day. But that doesn't matter. We take every single question you have. We've got a problem with a starter coming up, an issue with a divorce, an issue with public service, and a lot more. Now I do want to introduce everybody in studio. Suzanne is to my left, and then we have Kevin kalk and shared an Auto Tech, Rod Greer and Bob Perry with JFR Cars. You got any questions on buying cars or at leases. Those guys know it. They've been with us for years upon years upon years. Here's the deal.
Speaker 1: We're gonna jump right back into Aaron. Aaron called up.
Speaker 7: He said he's got a problem with a very specific public storage company where there's water damage and apparently people are getting eviction notices. What did your eviction notice, say Aaron? What does it actually say?
Speaker 18: Do you have it?
Speaker 27: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yes, sir.
Speaker 22: It says that we're to have three days to akate and just that call. It says doesn't even say said if there's something in the terms of contract that we did.
Speaker 12: And I asked, we asked. My partner on business says they won't even tell us what the.
Speaker 22: Reason was for.
Speaker 7: We'll do you owe money?
Speaker 12: Tell you that no, we're paid up.
Speaker 7: Can I ask you something, Maren, and you promised to give me an honest answer.
Speaker 22: I have before, sir, Yes, sir, you guys have helped me in the past, and we're about in one to one go mister.
Speaker 7: Matino, Were you living there? No, sir, okay, so you've never spent the night in the unit?
Speaker 20: Absolutely not?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 1: Have you been there after hours? Maybe they saw you on camera?
Speaker 7: There must be In order for us to help you, you got to give me a little more information. In owner of a storage unit that has hundreds of different units doesn't decide to evict someone in three days that's fully paid up, unless if there's more to the story, Because if they did do that, it would be the worst business plan I have ever heard of in my life.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'll all so sure with that.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's the worst business.
Speaker 11: Plan because they were asking us like, we could move you to another.
Speaker 20: Locker while we repair this one.
Speaker 7: Made Okay, that's fair enough, Aaron, Aaron. If they have to get in there and actually repair water lines or repair something, why not get your stuff moved and then move back into that unit. If who even really cares what unit you're in, long as they give you the same size unit.
Speaker 12: Right, Yeah, they just want us gone, and they were He says, well, we have a plan.
Speaker 7: We have a Aaron, you're talking really fast. You're talking very fast, so I really want to understand this. Did they offer to put you in another unit or do they just want you the hell out of there?
Speaker 11: They offered to push in another unit.
Speaker 1: Aaron, why wouldn't you take the Why wouldn't you take the other unit?
Speaker 12: We were gunning with it. We're on board.
Speaker 1: But then they said you have to get out.
Speaker 22: Yeah, she said she's going to bring us the paperwork to fill out our insurance claim and not a peak brummer, and then we go there yesterday.
Speaker 1: Let's call over there.
Speaker 7: Hold on, hey, here's what I want to do, Kelly, pick up, find out whoever her is, and let's call her and figure out what the hell's going on.
Speaker 1: I mean, if they're going to get a moved, I don't see the problem here.
Speaker 7: Maybe they could even help you move if whatever's going on wasn't caused by you guys. I mean, but I've got to get to the bottom of something here. I feel like I'm missing something big time. By the way, this hour brought to you by K and H Home solutions. You know, they sell Alpen high performance products now, including Alpen windows made right here in Colorado for homes in Colorado. All different price points, but these things have the energy efficiency of basically a wall with insulation.
Speaker 1: That's how good they are.
Speaker 7: If you have a mountain, how you gotta call up Cagewindows dot com and get a price on these Their entry doors, their sliders, they're siding. They have been around since nineteen fifty six and we have been talking about K and H for probably half of that. It's an incredible company, Khwindows dot Com. Now let's move on. Who's been waiting the longest, Greg, what's going on with this two thousand and five jeep Wrangler.
Speaker 17: So it's my daughter's judiep And she would have started, it wouldn't start, But then the gauges all just went wild.
Speaker 18: And they just keep going.
Speaker 1: We just fluctuating back and forth in speedometer.
Speaker 7: Hey, Greg, speak up into your bluetooth a little better. But basically, so you're driving down the road, then all of a sudden it'll go wacko, this s pedometer everything.
Speaker 17: No, she never got it started, it wouldn't start, and then she took a key out in the meters.
Speaker 18: The pages are.
Speaker 11: All flipping around going all crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you this the good news. There's Kevin Cowkin.
Speaker 7: These guys can fix any electrical issue that I have ever heard of. Kevin, I mean, ask some questions.
Speaker 9: Well, the deeps there's a lot of different things, and there's a lot of times in the ignition there's a coupler that'll break, so you're you're actually not turning the key. The key's turning, but the insides aren't turning. It could be stuck on as well.
Speaker 1: And why would the gauges be going crazy?
Speaker 9: It's just a vaulted spike of some kind going on. I mean, it's a lot of things could be going So.
Speaker 7: Would that be as simple or could be as simple as the ignition switch.
Speaker 9: It's an ignition switch and a coupler that's in there is what it sounds like?
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, is.
Speaker 9: It going through a self check on the gauges?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Greg, did it just happen?
Speaker 3: You would have happened a long time ago once, But it just.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense to that coupler kind.
Speaker 9: Of breaks over to breaks? Wouldn't be twice?
Speaker 1: Well, you can get it towed into them and I guarantee.
Speaker 9: They'll fix it up.
Speaker 5: Okay, sounds good.
Speaker 7: It sounds like it's not that big of a deal, and you're not right off now. I don't think it is, no man, so you should check him out. Greg shared an auto tech man. Thanks for the call, Broth. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five one line open. Who's up here next? Aaron? Nope, Aaron. We can free Aerin up until Kelly. We can free him up until we talk someone at public service. Greg and Adam, what's up with you?
Speaker 11: Hey, good afternoon.
Speaker 12: Mark.
Speaker 27: Hope's doing well with Tom. I'm sorry to hear he's out dealing with what he's dealing with. But thanks for your time.
Speaker 20: I have a question.
Speaker 27: From what I understand, I need to petition the courts for a signature. We're trying to get some property transferred and between my dad and mom, and my dad's trying to transferred over to me, but my mom and my dad are divorced about twenty or so years ago, and the title company saying we need to petition the court for them to sign on my mom's behalf because she pretty much refuses to sign. I just want to know because they don't know how to go about that process or do I need to have an attorney to do that?
Speaker 7: Well, I want to know what I can do. I want to know how this situation arose, what happened. I mean, give me a little background here. What kind of property is it?
Speaker 27: Yeah, it's a timeshare property. And back in two thousand and five, it was determined in the divorce that my dad would get the timeshare and deal with them.
Speaker 7: And that's literally, Adam Adam, that's literally in the decree. And was that done as like he wanted it or he didn't want it, but agreed to get it handled to get her off of the timeshare deed or whatever it is.
Speaker 5: Now in the.
Speaker 27: Divorce, it was agreed that my dad would handle them all and take care of them and use them, and my mom could never afford them, so he didn't want to lose them. So he's been taking care of things past twenty five or some years now.
Speaker 7: He wants to Now he wants to give you the time.
Speaker 27: Share, correct, and we've we've had great value out of it.
Speaker 7: It's I'm not yeah, I'm not going to get into that. I get it, I get it. You want the time Share that's fine. I'm not going to tell you. I'm not going to tell you it's the worst thing in the world. But I get where we're going. So but wait a second. Your mom will because they bought it together. Your mom's I'm the deed and she won't sign off on it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we forgot to clean this up back in two thousand and five.
Speaker 7: All right, hold on a second, let's take this break. I know who can answer this. I don't know why you would have to well, hold on, hold on, just hold tight. Hey, Kelly, believe it or not. Do you know who I'm going to ask you to get on finn Law group. I want to get Michael Finn on three oh three seven one three A two five five. Everybody hold tight. That's an interesting that's an interesting ordeal. My first gut was family law. But then I started thinking, this is already in the decree. I understand they're saying you got to petition the court to basically make her sign it. But I think there might be a quicker way because it is a timeshare. Everybody hold tight, including Aaron and Alex three zero three Martino, what were you saying, Susanne? I kind of missed you there.
Speaker 1: Well, well, Aaron with the public storage, it's you. He sent the notice.
Speaker 7: I was going to read, I don't care about to notice it at this point, but what okay, hold on, I'll have you do that. Let me bring up Bob Logan though it says, oh, sorry, okay, Bob Logan's with plumb Line services. Bob, we had we had someone call up. It wasn't about Plumbline, but they spent ninety nine dollars a year to get three services from one of your competitors. So for that price, and you guys have something very similar. A lot of companies do. So once a year they were going to come out clean the air conditioner, or not clean it, but come out and make sure it's in good running shape before you turn it on, check out the furnace, and then drain and flush the water heater once a year. So it was kind of like a club membership. You follow me so far right.
Speaker 25: Yes, we call that our VIP plan. Similar.
Speaker 7: Yep, very similar. And I know a lot of people that have yours are very happy. And here's what happened with this company. Though the technician showed up to do the water heater. When he showed up, he goes, oh, that's tankless. That's going to cost you an additional one hundred and twenty nine or one hundred and ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Or whatever it is.
Speaker 7: So the guy was upset and he sent us over all the literature, and sure enough, the literature doesn't say including their website, it doesn't say anything about tankless versus not tankless or anything like that. But the company stepped up and just simply refunded him the money. But then the question became, because I'm looking at Kevin Cockin and other people in the room, I'm going tankless.
Speaker 1: What the heck do you even flush on a tank?
Speaker 18: List?
Speaker 1: What is there to flush?
Speaker 7: So tell me what you know about it.
Speaker 25: Yeah, So, first of all, it sounds like a company whoever it was, did the right thing.
Speaker 7: They did, But.
Speaker 25: So they are two different processes. So with a with a regular tank water heater, you're simply opening up the drain valve on the bottom of the water heater and flowing water through it and allowing the sediment and calcium or you know, bacteria everything to flush out. And and that's all there is to a tank. A normal tank.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you literally open the little nozzle you drain it, and then you're saying somehow you add water to it and just flush out to debris at the bottom.
Speaker 9: I get it.
Speaker 25: Exactly, pretty simple process. Now for homeowners to try to do this, I would I would caution them because if they haven't done it in a while, those valves you open them up flush, you can't get them closed again. Yeah yeah, yeah, So be careful if you if you're trying this at home.
Speaker 7: But yeah, good, good point.
Speaker 25: With a tank list, you have to hook it up to a pump, use a descaling solution, and you let this descaling solution pump through the system for about thirty to forty five minutes. So it's a it's an entirely different process. So it's not unusual.
Speaker 7: It's almost like on a car, like a cooling system flush. You're literally hooking up a machine that's flushing at bob.
Speaker 25: Yeah, that's exactly right. And so so it's not uncommon, uncommon for that kind of flush to cost more three, four or even five times as much.
Speaker 7: I got you.
Speaker 1: So when okay, well let me just come out and ask you this.
Speaker 7: When you guys sell a club membership, does it include that on the water heater, the flush on a on a tanked water heater.
Speaker 25: It doesn't unless it's specified as such. So our club membership is a little a little bit different. It's kind of a menu option. But so it would specify a tank list versus a tank got any anything that is unique in their home. If you have a water treatment system, that's not part of the normal club membership.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, but you guys, if someone wanted into your club, you guys, Yeah, I like that though. It's ala carte, So you guys would go out there see what they have going and then come up with the package that's right for them. Then they'd get all the discounts, they'd get the emergency service and everything else.
Speaker 1: But they can kind of pick and choose some of the stuff.
Speaker 25: Yeah, And so our basic plane covers you know, ninety five percent of the homes out there, which would be an annual service on your furnace and air conditioning system. You get priority service. You never pay a minimum service fee, a trip chard nice, you don't pay them after hours emergency fee. You get discounts in all of our services and projects. So it's kind of an all inclusive type deal.
Speaker 7: Love it now.
Speaker 25: The water heater flush and fills, electrical checks and things like that. Those are all the cards you can add excellent and sometimes for VIPs, depending on the time of year, like maybe Electrial Safety month, we might throw something out there for them that we wouldn't do for a non VIP, So.
Speaker 7: You basically would email them or reach out to them and say, hey, because you're a VIP and been with us, we're going to go ahead and do this for you in this month or whatever it is.
Speaker 25: That's right, and we do that quite often.
Speaker 7: I love it, man, So anybody out there you want to find more about that, Bob, I really do appreciate you coming on with that. I'm just scratching my head going I don't even know how you flush the take list. I appreciate the information. That's Bob Logan, owner of Plumbline Services dot com. If you're interested in their VI package VIP package, you should reach out. They have done a ton of work for me over the years. They're just super really good guys. And then if there is an emergency, you're going to know who to call. You're not gonna have to pay some of those fees that other people have to pay. It's well worth the club price. I mean just taking the air conditioner and taking the furnace each year, You're not going to get a better deal. Now, I'm going to go to a second expert. Michael finn Is on the line. Hey Mike, how is the fin Law Group doing?
Speaker 1: Sir, Well, we're.
Speaker 18: Doing pretty good. Business is always seems to be there. There's a lot of people that we let.
Speaker 7: Their timeshare purchase. Well, I got one on here. Now, I got one on here. Now, you're not gonna believe this. He wants the time share, but I'm not going to get into that aspect with it. Here's the quick story. His parents got divorced, like twenty five years ago. In the decree, the dad wanted the time share. The timeshare was purchased by mother and father. They get divorced in the decree and it's literally in there. Dad gets it now twenty five years later, wants to give it to our caller, Adam, and Adam does want it.
Speaker 21: Now.
Speaker 7: The problem is because when they bought it together, I assume they're both on whatever paperwork.
Speaker 1: There is what they're.
Speaker 7: Telling Adam, and I'm going to lock you in and bring them up. They're telling Adam that someone needs to petition the court in order to get this done. So my first instinct was to call a family law attorney that we know very well. But then I started thinking, Mike deals with generally speaking, keeping people out or getting amount of time shares. But if can you help out in this aspect, or do you have any advice for him? Or should I get a family law attorney?
Speaker 18: On, well, it's gonna be you probably should get a family law attorney. It's going to be expensive, and based on what I project is the resale value of that time share, I think he'd be better off walking away.
Speaker 13: But that's not what the client wants. The client wants it, and what has happened is that the.
Speaker 18: Divorce decree from many years ago between mom and dad has never been honored by the and.
Speaker 1: That's why he needs to petition.
Speaker 7: That's why he'd have to petition the court to either make the mother who is still alive, isn't that correct, Adam, she is alive, to.
Speaker 1: Force her to sign it.
Speaker 7: Either they'd either force her to sign it or basically say, because it's in the in the decree and she's unwilling to sign it, or we can't find it.
Speaker 1: The judge themselves would basically do it.
Speaker 18: They had him based upon the cost that's going to be involved in doing this.
Speaker 1: It's you.
Speaker 18: If you do a little research about this value of the timeshare that you want to acquire, you may determine that the cost of acquiring it because of the glitch, the probate glitch, you may determine that the cost makes the problem a lot more expensive than the value of the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we can get where was that decrease signed, Adam?
Speaker 7: What county?
Speaker 1: Was it Colorado? Or where is it?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 27: Colorado, Rappo County. So is this something I have to have an attorney for in order to petition that?
Speaker 7: Well, now what I'm going to do, Well, hold on, I'm going to put you back on old I want Bonnie Shields or Harris Law firm.
Speaker 9: Why not just offer her a thousand bucks to sign it?
Speaker 1: Well, he's saying she's simply not guess sign it.
Speaker 9: Well, maybe she will, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But but Mike, I know, it's so weird.
Speaker 7: Out of every call I've had, this guy does want it. He probably grew up there man going to it with his dad. But we're going to see what the cost is. But typically when we call you. It's hey, this guy needs help getting out. You know what you made me think of just saying that to you. There's a national commercial and I can't think of the guy's name, but it drives me crazy. The commercial goes something like this. He goes, this is so and so, and I sold time shares for twenty years and now I feel bad about selling them. So now call me up and I can get you out of the time share. I'm thinking, think about this. This guy screwed over all these people selling it. Now he's reaching out to the same fish, the same fish in the same pond, and trying to get them on the other end.
Speaker 1: Have you heard these spots, Mike.
Speaker 18: Well, boy, you are appreaching to the choir of my friends.
Speaker 1: It's nuts, man.
Speaker 7: The guy goes, it's like, okay, it's like I mug you. I mug you everybody in this room. I go out and steal your wallet. Then I try to sell you protection. It's like a shakedown from the mob.
Speaker 18: At least the guy is honest. Most of the time, they're not honest enough to admit that they were one of the bad guys trying to switch hats. At lest least this guy is honest about what he's doing. Yeah, yes, it's kind of a joke because we don't care much for a extra companies, as you probably are aware of course, and we tell people, hey, these are just former timeshare salesmen who think that you've made a bad decision and they're hoping you're going to make another bad decision.
Speaker 7: Yeah they are. They're gonna end up, they end up. I got a hold on, Mike. I mean, I'm going to talk about you, but I do appreciate you coming on. But Mike Finn the Finn Law Group. And here's what I love about these guys. Anybody that wants out of a timeshare call them up. They're going to talk to you for free. They'll give you a good idea some of them. Some of them you get out with for almost nothing. Other ones are hard to get out of. But they're gonna give you an upfront price on it and tell you how it works. They have all the connections to all these places Hilton and all these ones in Mexico and Florida and Hawaii.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter who it is you call these guys.
Speaker 7: The easiest way is Finnlow do com f I N N finn Lawgroup dot com.
Speaker 1: They'll give you all the information, but everybody holds tight. I got to take this break.
Speaker 7: Thanks Mike three zero three Martino. We got a lot cooking in the background, so we're going to try to get to everything here. We're trying to get a hold of the GM over at that public service and Suzanne, public storage or public service, I'm sure a pub storge. Yeah, for the third time, public service. I'm kidding public storage.
Speaker 16: So I actually finally was able to connect with someone oh nice who will not go on air, and referred me to their legal offices at headquarters in California.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, if we look at the notice that he got and I'll have Suzanne read that here in a minute. But basically they're they're getting rid of them for cause what I've been trying to figure out. And I'll ask you real quick airon what is the cause you're acting like that. You guys did nothing. They have some kind of cause.
Speaker 21: What was it?
Speaker 11: I would like to know that myself, because you've asked.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, well we got a message they say, talk to our legal department. I'm going to actually have Suzanne read that letter when she comes back in she's reaching out to somebody as well over there, uh, to see what's going on. Now, next is going to be Alex Alex, what is your question?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 28: Last week you guys had a topic regarding preserving video for evidence. So how can I do that if I don't have a lawyer where the lawyer could send out a letter to the other party.
Speaker 7: Well, you would send a letter out to the other party. Do you know who the party is? I mean, are you part of the action?
Speaker 28: Yes, I just I got a court date and I wanted to there's some video evidence and I wanted the other party to preserve that video. I you know, when you mentioned lawyers, you know that you know that pretty much when you get a letter from a lawyer.
Speaker 11: I mean, that's, you know, pretty serious.
Speaker 28: But I didn't know if I was to send them a letter. I mean, are they going to play dumb?
Speaker 7: I mean, well, you've got to basically ask them. You got to ask them to actually preserve your rights. I mean, that's exactly what you got to do, and then give notice to them. I would do it by registered mail. You might also do it by other means like email or non registered mail, but you definitely want to do it, and you basically got to point to a case and basically say you need to preserve this evidence, and here's the case number in the county it's in and this is notice. You can probably find something right on Google saying how.
Speaker 14: To do it.
Speaker 11: Okay, that'll work, Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: You're welcome.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 1: I mean it's it's definitely possible.
Speaker 9: Could he get a subpoena on his own.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you could do anything on your own if you figure out how to do Yeah. I mean, not having an attorney is kind of crazy. So in fact, we just had someone that asked us to preserve evidence on something. I don't have it up right now. Yeah, yeah, I don't want to talk about it. But from twenty nineteen, yes, yeah. And it's like he's like, hey, you guys had so and so on your show in twenty nineteen, you need to preserve that.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, first of all, we.
Speaker 7: Have no idea, no date, no time, no nothing, So we have no idea what he's talking about. But let's say he did, and let's say we did have a copy of it on podcast or something. We would preserve it. That's not a big deal. We don't care. So but he actually, I think was doing it pro se as well. I forget to notice, but I think he did it himself. So that's kind of where I was going with that story. Now, what is going on John, with the sale of this Lexus.
Speaker 26: H I purchased Axis fifty Lexus out of ann Arbor, Michigan, and it arrived on the carrier a few days ago. But the passenger side had a bi old scratch down the side of it.
Speaker 9: Hey, was it new?
Speaker 7: Was it used?
Speaker 1: Who you purchase it from?
Speaker 25: From?
Speaker 26: Jermaine Lexus? It had three miles long, so.
Speaker 7: Okay, so it's brand new and it showed up. Hey, jfr cars. You guys ship cars all over the world, and I am sure at some point you guys have shipped a new car or a used car or whatever car and it showed up scratched. Wouldn't that typically be something that the carrier? I mean, I don't think it would be John's issue.
Speaker 9: You have to first find out where it's from. And if the shipper took pictures at pickup.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what's the shipper, say, John? When he showed up and there's this big scratch? Did you see it while he was still there?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 26: Because I was at work and my wife was at home.
Speaker 7: Oh guys, okay, I see what's going on. And she signed off it was in good condition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's evident and.
Speaker 25: It was take a video off.
Speaker 26: She did take a video with the guy there of the whole car.
Speaker 1: Does the video show it?
Speaker 25: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh so the video shows a scratch, but she signed off that she is it still on the car? Is she with the driver in the video?
Speaker 26: Well, yeah, you can hear him that because he's trying to like she almost she told you know, honestly, I think it's the carrier because it had wax on parts of work and scratch, like they tried to hide it or something.
Speaker 7: Yeah. What I'm asking though, John is in this video. It's so great she took the video. I mean it's great.
Speaker 1: I understand she signed saying it showed up in good condition.
Speaker 7: But my god, right there before she signed or right after she signed with the driver of the truck, there's evidence there's a scratch on there. So, I mean, there is this thing called reality. So when you talk to the company now, the shipper, what do they say. Do they just simply say, oh, no, you signed off on it.
Speaker 26: Well, the Jermaine Lexus is dealing with the shipper, and I'm kind of I'm trying to figure out what I need to do next because I took it to this body shop Nylands. It's an authorized Lexus shop. Yeah, and have them look at it, and they're talking. They think they can buff out like the two doors in the rear corner, but the front fender. He's thinking it's going to be repainted. Yeah, and it's and if that's the case, it's going to have a bad car fax. They're saying, because they got to take the fender off.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think that's gonna matter.
Speaker 7: Listen, man, I understand you're going to get some kind of diminishment to it through the car fax.
Speaker 1: It will be diminished a little bit.
Speaker 7: But when people look at it and it was just painted, I mean, that is a pretty That's probably the best answer you could possibly have.
Speaker 1: Guys, would you agree with that?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean I would say probably more than half of cars now have a minor accident on a car fax, which could be hal.
Speaker 1: I don't even think this would be a minor accident. Just yeah, yeah, but it doesn't really affect him anymore.
Speaker 7: Aaron, you could actually go after the shipper, or you could go after the dealership for that diminished value if they don't want to let you out of the deal. I mean, there's so many different ways you could do this. I assume you want to keep the car.
Speaker 26: Well, I'm doing a little better what you guys are saying, but I because I know it's got a.
Speaker 5: Bad car back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I would like to talk to you.
Speaker 7: Here's the problem. We are running up against a real clock. Meaning hold on. I got to put you on hold no matter what. But I would like this guy to call Petty details. So, Kelly, do me a favor. I would generally do this on the air because diminished value is such a great topic. A lot of people get screwed all the time when someone hits them, when someone runs into their car, they get screwed big time. That's why I like having Petty on. But what I want you to do, John is call up Petty. She's going to give you the number they're gonna answer, and tell him the story and ask him his thoughts on the diminished value. Is it worth one hundred dollars? Is it worth five thousand dollars? Let's get a reality on how much painting that fender on a brand new vehicle is going to bring and then we'll pick it up Monday. Everybody hold tight, and that includes you, Wayne. I should have time for you. Tuzan's actually helping someone off air. The poor guy. He's got to put his dog down. He's got some questions, said, the dog doesn't it's just not walking. So anyhow, I got her handling that off air. I wanted to thank you guys for coming in. I had a text sourcing cars. We didn't talk about this, but this is what these guys do at JFR Cars JFR cars dot com. If you want a new Honda, new, Toyota, new anything, these guys can get you a great price on it, so you don't have to go out and do the old walk away and the negotiations. They're gonna get you the best price and save you time, get the car delivered right to your house or however you want to do that. Or if you're looking for a used car, they can source the used car. Or if you're selling a car and don't want to have to deal showing up with people in the middle of the night at the Walmart parking lot, these guys can actually sell the car for you.
Speaker 1: How do you guys do it with selling? Will do a consignment period?
Speaker 20: You could?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 7: You do a consignment. When it sells, you get paid your percentage and they get the big one.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 9: We'll handle everything and keep everything in our house.
Speaker 1: And here's what people don't realize.
Speaker 7: If jrcars dot com do it, you open up your sales to a million people because they can do the financing. You're not going to be able to give some guy financing. They will open up the sale of your vehicle to multiple people.
Speaker 1: Because of financing.
Speaker 7: Kevin Cokin shared an Auto Tech thank you. As always, we're going to be back here Monday solving problems, answering questions, and taking complaints.
Speaker 4: Follow Tom Martino at Real Tom Martino and stay connected with all of us at six thirty k kayhow dot com and on the iHeartRadio app. This is Denver's talk station, six thirty k howse