Speaker 1: Stuck at home, bored and alone. You'd think I could have some fun on my own, but not all. I AF with Cecily and Stephanie.
Speaker 2: What's up, everybody, Welcome to board AF just regular, just chilling like villain's like Bob.
Speaker 1: Like Matt Dylan or Bob Dylan. I go with Matt Dylan only because I feel that he's more chill than Bob Dylan. Bob Dylan is not super chill.
Speaker 2: I I feel, I feel that that's you probably are onto something there, h.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think he's not the chillest I think he's. I think he's funnier than people give him credit for. He was a funny funny. He is a very funny man.
Speaker 2: I know, I really, I told you my my Bob Dylan story, h.
Speaker 1: I have. You've probably forgotten it was.
Speaker 2: It's like not super exciting, but what I do think is interesting about it. So when I first moved to Los Angeles, remember I told you that I was living Okay, I moved in with this girl that had been living in She was my best friend when I lived in Spokane, Washington. Then I moved to Springfield, mass And like, I missed her so much.
Speaker 1: So so much.
Speaker 2: And uh, you know, we were planning like as soon as we graduate high school, like I'm going to move to LA and she's going to be in LA and we're going to live together.
Speaker 1: That's our big plan. So moved to La.
Speaker 2: I mean I didn't know anybody. We were supposed to say, at my friend's aunt's house. But her aunt, it turns out, was a bit of an alcoholic maybe maybe drug addict.
Speaker 1: I think they were kind of coming back to me now is coming back to me a little.
Speaker 2: And so immediately we were almost like displaced, like she would take the phone with her. And remember this around the time that I got almost got involved in the cult in the Nomeo Coler Yeah Orange ko Okay. So right at that time though literally had been was staying at this at my friend's ant's house. We heard somehow that they were filming a music video at that big church on Franklin and Highland, I.
Speaker 1: Know, the big church people park they're going to the Hollywood Bowl, and they really up those prices at that church. Yeah for parking, it's like fifty bucks, yes, yeah, totally okay.
Speaker 2: So that church was having a music video. So I don't remember, like I guess somebody had seen it in the paper.
Speaker 1: So me and my two and.
Speaker 2: The girl and the girl that I brought with me Heidi who was seventeen, who I brought with me from Springfield, mass and the girl that we were staying at our aunt's house. The three of us got dressed up full eighties because it was the eighties, big hair, whatever, and we're like, we're going to show up and be in this music video.
Speaker 1: And it was Bob Dylan and Dave Dave Edwards Dave Edwards from Your Rhythmics, Okay, doing a song called when the Night Comes Falling from this guy? Is this is this story coming back to you? Noe? Okay?
Speaker 2: Weirdly, So they did this collab back before they even called them collabs. I think they just did a song together and they were making the video and it was at this church and it was supposed to look like it was like a concert, so we were like concert goers.
Speaker 1: So I just remember being.
Speaker 2: Like sort of like, Okay, you're going to go stand in front of the stage and then you're gonna here's the part where you're gonna cheer wildly, you know. And there was this one scene where the girl there's like a hot girl in the video Allah like Courtney.
Speaker 1: Cox, you know, the guest star.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and she comes down like like one of them is supposed to spot her in the crowd, and then she comes like the crowd kind of parts for her, and there's this There were all these places where I I was making myself like I would try to be wherever somebody was going to walk by me. I was hell bent on being in this motherfucking video. I was like, I'm gonna be on camera, and I am, but.
Speaker 1: For like the split like a split second, you can totally see me.
Speaker 2: And I remember I must have talked about this on either on our show or for crying out loud, because I found the video and frozen to where I was.
Speaker 1: You can still see this video online. But anyway, that is not even the exciting part of the story. We had to do this over and over and over and and over and over all day. Well.
Speaker 2: I had only lived in La for you know, like two days. So when I parked my car, I was like, gosh.
Speaker 1: It's so amazing.
Speaker 2: There's just so much parking available. Well, because I parked in a towway zone. Okay, so this is a big spoiler alert. I just parked my car. I'm like, gosh, there's just like sidewalk for days.
Speaker 1: It's just part Yeah. You can park where it's red, where it's white, where it's pink.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't park in the red. I don't believe I parked in a red spot. But I parked somewhere that was like a no parking zone without reading a side. I didn't read signs because I.
Speaker 1: Was I don't know why they didn't have a lot.
Speaker 2: Of no parking signs in Springfield. I guess anyway, I parked the car. We're there all day. We're there for like twelve hours. I come out at the end, my car is gone, and I'm like, okay, where I must have mistaken where I parked. But we went back and forth, we looked all around. I was like, no, this is where I parked. So I literally call the police because I'm like, my car was stolen, and I go to say I was like, oh my god, my car and all of my shit is in the car. All of my life because I lived, all my stuff was stuff. Stuff was in the hatchback of my Masa GLC. My travelers checks were in the car, balked in the car. So I'm like, oh my god, I mean, my life is flashing before my eye. I call the police. I'm crying. The police person goes, what does the sign say.
Speaker 1: Like where we were parked?
Speaker 2: And I look and I read it and it's like a tow way zone or what different. They're like, yeah, your car was towed. And I'm like, pork pops.
Speaker 1: Oh. They're like, you hear the siren, you hear you see oj Goby and they're like, hold on a second, I'll be back. He just goes by in his Bronco and he's like, I got to take care of this called real quick.
Speaker 2: So the sign, yes, exactly exactly. So we're standing there, me and my me and my friends, and I guess and I don't quite remember it exactly this way, but Bob Dylan pulls over in a limo because my friend was super into him and like, you know, remembers every part of this, and he was like, hey, how's it going.
Speaker 1: Are you guys? Okay? Okay, yes, my god, Hey he's good. How you go? I was like, okay, did you get your cut? Limo?
Speaker 2: In a limo rolls down the window and for like gray poupon style you know, was just like and I guess, I guess we were just I was very shell shocked. So Heidi says that I was very preoccupied with like, oh my god, the car is gone. And of course Heidi was younger and didn't give a fuck as much.
Speaker 1: And it was also Bob Dylan is rolling his window down.
Speaker 2: Like she was way more excited about that, and I was like, what, No, we're fine. And you know, I think I feel just embarrassed to ask him for a ride to like the towyard.
Speaker 1: I'll give you a ride to the toe, please. I'll write a song about it on the way. Yes, not as amazing. So I know.
Speaker 2: I've said in the past that like the movie Funny, people like there's a big part about me. I just I haven't seen the biopic about him, but I'm assuming that there's a big part about me in it.
Speaker 1: I knew it was you. I knew it was you. There's a hole. He's like, you just did my video and then you're like not even looking at him. Whoever's playing you? Right, you were played by Aubrey Plaza again, and then then your friend, and then the friend weirdly is played by me. I never told you that that I was in the biopic A Complete Unknown and I play your friends. So I was like, I know a little bit about the story. Let me, let me just method act this. And I never wanted to tell you because I was like, what if she doesn't like the way I played her friend? It's a old thing. Yeah, no, it's a whole thing. Also, I have a similar story. Oh yeah, yes, it's very embarrassing. I'm definitely not the hero of the story I'm about to tell you, okay, and very rarely am. But in this case, I was dating a guy who lived with me. You didn't, you never met him. But I was dating this guy who we lived together and I have yeah, and I had We were together like three years and lived together for like a year and a half, and I have a parking space and he didn't. Oh and it was kind of not know that you lived together for a full year and a half. Oh yeah, yeah, at least hold on, you're going to hear a noise. That's me plugging in my top that I didn't plug in all night. I just told the it's going to be worth it. It's going to be worth it. Me out for a second, Okay, I will tell the audience while you're busy for a second that I last time we were talking about a biopic, I called it a biopic.
Speaker 2: And then I also did that, I think when I was talking to Lynnette. And it's one of those things that you will stand up for me, because it's one of those things that I guess I just hadn't noticed people saying that word out loud, and I just read it a lot, and I got so much shit for calling it a biopic instead of a biopic. And and then I was speaking to somebody else. I was interviewing somebody for Drunkish, and that person referred to a biopick as a biopic, and I did not correct them, but I felt so strangely like better about myself because this was a very smart person, like college educated.
Speaker 1: I think it's an easy mistake, and I think there's probably an argument that it could be both because it's just a word, like what our I'm not even joking about that, like what are letters? Who decides? I say, biopica's like a biography picture right, a biopic? It's a biopic, whatevers. I won't I'm not done on that hill.
Speaker 2: I say it's like myopic, you know, like you're you're short sighted.
Speaker 1: I just make a whole yeah, okay, damn it. Okay, so you're living with this guy. So I'm living with him and he doesn't have a parking space and I do. And it kind of was sucky because I never really even thought like, oh, he could just take my space and I'll look for parking. I just I lived there for a long time and I was like, it's my space and he can, Like I think he paid a little lesson rent because I had the parking. Okay, so he did have a pickup truck, which sucks to have to park at run Yan Ganyon, Like it's already hard enough to park around here, but he had like a giant pickup truck. Giant. Why did think that? I don't. I never knew. And I fucking hated that truck. I really did. And I'm not anti pickup truck. I grew up in Texas, Like, I don't mind. It just didn't belong in Los Angeles on my street and it was just so ugly and weird and whatever. But that wasn't the point. So he was also pretty flaky and didn't look at signs and like never it was just very in his own head. We would we would argue a lot, Like we went on a trip together. That was the trick. He wanted to take me home to meet his family, and so he's like, I'm getting the tickets and I'll take care of Like we were going to stay in Portland for a while, so he was he got us a hotel, he was planning all that. But he's not the guy you want planning things like it's not that fun because you're like, do you have the tickets? He's like, oh no, like you're halfway to the airport. He's just he's not the guy. And then we'd argue because then I have to be the bossy type a because somebody asked.
Speaker 2: To you don't have the tickets, so meaning like I forgot the tickets, or like I forgot to buy the tickets.
Speaker 1: Period, different different versions of that early seriously, and nothing was ever really he had great intentions and a really nice it's a really nice person that just like was like absent minded professor guy, you know. So he would sometimes and also so it sucked to park this giant car. So one day he came home or he was leaving, I was home and he left to go and then he came back really quick, and I'm like, what's up. And I was checking my email exactly when this happened. He's like, my car has gone. My car's been stolen. So he'd left it somewhere on our street overnight and then it wasn't there when he went to go get it in the morning. He's like, my car was stolen. I'm like, oh my god. Okay, well, what do we do. We have to call the police. He's like okay, okay. So he starts to call the police. And as he's calling the police, I went ahead and checked my email because I was already doing that. So as I checked my email.
Speaker 2: You're like, okay, but I also might have like an offer on my contract.
Speaker 1: What's worse than that? It's the worse. So Monroe I had sent off to have his his breed analysis done, uh huh, and the results came in and I was just so excited to get because he was a rescue mutt and I'm like, course, oh my god. And so he's on the phone with the police and I'm like John, his name was also John, so John John. But I like knew enough to maybe not keep saying John because he was on with the cops, right, so same, he went through the same thing. The cops were like, you look at the sign, Yeah, okay, it was it was Toad. I think it finally came to me. I was like, I bet it was just Toad. So we had to figure out through the cops which toe company was. It was a thing. So then he's pretty upset because he was We were both pretty broke at the time, and he definitely didn't have enough for the three hundred. It had been there overnight too. Oh yeah, it was like quite like two full days.
Speaker 2: You might as well buy your car at that point, the way they charge you for.
Speaker 1: That, yes, each day, And so I knew I was going to have to drive him to the toe place. I like nobody was happy obviously about this, but neither of us were great problem solvers, especially not me, so I just was sort of like, god, get I think I made him get another friend do it because I was so agitated by the whole like like, why wouldn't you look at the fucking sign kind of thing. But I also still really want to tell him these results, so I kept I go, can I please just can I just open this and he's like, I guess, so I opened it. I look, can I tell you? Can I just tell you what it is? And he goes like not right now. Now I have to find a friend to go get me. I mean, it was terrible on all accounts, but especially my end. But the results here's the best part. The results were so stupid and false. Oh so I was really riled up about. I was like, I think they sent us the wrong results. He's like, I have to deal with that later. I cannot deal with that right now. I have to figure out where my car is my truck, like my thirty thousand dollars truck, you know. And I was like okay. But I was like but but but real quick, like they're saying he's a poodle and he's like Cecily. And it was an it was like an obvious fight, which I was in the wrong on. I do get that because I was. And finally finally we got I think maybe I did drive him. I don't remember that, you know, I'm not great with the stol on detail. But we got it. We got the car back. It was we were mad at each other for a while, and I was like, can I read you the whole thing. He's like, yeah, I guess, and I was like, yeah, they're saying he's half poodle, half Pomeranian. I should write a letter, right because he's not. And he didn't really see never really got as invested as to what Monroe's breed was. But I think it also was just really bad timing.
Speaker 2: I highly relate though to the like wanting we I've done two different reads.
Speaker 1: I got to do a new one. I did Wisdom panel. Yeah, I did Wisdom and Embark okay, which was better because Wisdom was terrible, but this was twenty thirteen. I think they were kind of equal.
Speaker 2: But I was always very sus because you know, I always felt it was ridiculous because they they wanted you to send a picture.
Speaker 1: I didn't send a picture. I didn't do it. That's bullshit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, some of what they said Penelope was was definitely not true.
Speaker 1: But they did.
Speaker 2: They did say that she was definitely part pit. They said she was part pit, part American bulldog. But Penelope is a long hair dog. She's not super Yeah, she's pretty, she's long hair. And they never could tell us why not one of the breeds, even in like the one percent you know, they give you like the yeah major and then they met every dog right now, they go one percent, this, this, this, you know chihuahua.
Speaker 1: None of her all had long hair though, so I was always like, that's so weird. When did you do it, though, because I think that's the issue. I think they got better. I did it. I'd only had her.
Speaker 2: Well, we've had her nine years going on ten years, okay, so I probably did it like a year into it, tears into it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you did it well around the same because I did it, and yeah, it was twenty thirteen. I've had him since twenty ten, which is crazy. I've had her twenty sixteen. Okay. I mean it was definitely wrong. And I sent a letter. I did send an email, and I was like, what the fuck. Then they asked for a picture again. I go, I'm not sending you a picture. And not only that, I'm making my Instagram. I'm making all my stuff private so you can't find him. I'm not doing that. Because my dad had a big thing about that. He's like, you're just throwing one hundred dollars. You're giving them one hundred dollars and they have a dart board and then they're throwing the dart and they're like, your dog is a rottweiler, and like, you know, he's not wrong, so I said. They're like, yeah, that happened a lot, and they had all this jargon bullshit, and they're talking to the wrong bitch because like, I know all that shit. I'm interested in that, and I can't just say. So they're like, yeah, let's read, we're gonna redo it. I go, do you want me to send a DNA sample and they're like, no, we still have I'm like, oh, you still have a vial of it. I just kept it just in case. So then they re ran it and I think they found a picture of him, so they're like, we do you see It's funny. We do now see a little basket hound, which you can see he has kind of long ears and his legs go out like a basset, so he's definitely got hound in them, which they did not see the first time. Like, so the first time around, you got no hound dog, which he clearly is. But now you see a little basket in there. Now that popped up in the DNA. Oh, I wouldn't use them again. I'd like to try embark sport. It's too late. I really do want to. I think that they have come a long way. If anyone is listening knows, But yeah, they're just looking at the pictures.
Speaker 2: I was like obsessed for many years with because there's no there are no dogs.
Speaker 1: I've never seen a dog that looks like Penelope. Same.
Speaker 2: Of course, now I do sometimes I just I see the pity in her, the Staffordshire Terrier in her. So I recognize that more when I see somebody else as a dog that's that's staff.
Speaker 1: I see like a little Schnauzer or maybe Visla because they have long hair. They have wire haired Vislas, so that could be a little bit Penelope or a little bit of.
Speaker 2: A total pitface though Stafford. But the long hair part, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, yeah, I don't know. But I just remember there was this dog.
Speaker 2: I found a picture of this dog online, and then I was really obsessed with trying to find like the owner, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, like what kind of dog do you have? I have the same, I don't like. I wanted to compare pictures, but they would never I couldn't figure it out. I googled like beagle dogs and like put together because the Monroe looks like both. So then I found exactly that dog. But then it looks like that's like stock footage for anybody who googles anything. Mm hmm. It turned out that it was like because I tried to do the same thing, like what's the instinct account mean? While John's like in jail now he's gotten in a fight with the toe guy and he's in prison and he's like, can we can you please just make my bail Like I gotta hold on, I gotta email them again. I have to find out. The timing just was really bad. It just my bad. But I feel like your story is a little bit worse because Bob Dylan was like, yeah, what kind of dog? I was like, I don't even have a dog, Like, but you will, you will. I'm a truth teller, I'm a super a suit saar That's what I was trying to And then you're like, he has a song called Stephanie I'm a suit sayer. I'm like, well, I can't. This is a just a pimple and they didn't even really have a lot of pits back then. Well he hasn't. The harmonic it's like a sixteen minute harmonica solo, You're gonna have to pay more in homeowners insurance. I'm like, I don't I live in an apartment, Like I'm Bob Dylan. I mean, listen, do we all it? Moral of the story is do we always make the best decisions? No? No, I guess is the moral? Like, let's do a sliding doors here. Let's say you were like, you know what, I'm gonna find the car. The car will come back to me as it should when it's time. Bob Dylan's right here, so let's get let's go do some coke. Right? I think was he a coke guy? What year was this? I could tell you it would have been nineteen eighty six. He had gone through a religious period. Remember, he became he is a Jewish Man, Robert Zimmerman, and he became born again Christian at some point in the eighties, and he recorded a few albums as such. I know this because my friend, a very good friend of mine, is a Bob Dylan aficionado, like he lives for him. So he gave me the whole timeline. Okay, but yeah, he was born again and he had a lot of weird stuff going on there. So I feel like that would have been that time. I think maybe he probably would have taken you to church. But if you'd gone to church with Bob Dylan instead of being.
Speaker 2: Mad, maybe that's why he wanted to do the video at church.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seriously, though, I mean I'm not sure exactly the time period. Someone might know that, but let's just say I had not fiddle faddled around with my John getting his car back. I mean, I don't know what the difference would have been, though, Like I just would have been more attentive. We would have broken up either way, so that sliding door wouldn't have changed us. That's not what broke you guys up. No, we were together a good year and a half after that, but he was I wasn't like proud of that mole. I mean, it wasn't my best like I could have. I had another one like that that I did tell you about on the show, which was a really bad one. I was kind of living with a different guy, kind of just for the summer. I was in between places. So for like three months I lived with someone who I very much loved, okay, very much one to be with, and we gotten at tiff, which we didn't often do, and he was I don't remember what it was, but his grandmother died, remember the story. And then he had to leave. I had to go. I had to temp or something. I had to be at my temp job at eight or some shit, and you're having a thing. And then he wanted me to take him to the airport, like not do my temp job, and I was like, didn't want to, didn't do it, And I so regret that. I so regret not taking my boyfriend whose grandmother just died to the airport when he needed me to. I was like worried about myself, and I was like, I have to get to my temp job and I don't want to go to lax and let me. I'll just pay for your cab, you know, or whatever. It was so stupid. I was kind of mad at him, and I I that could have been a different sighting door, because I think that was the moment where he was like, I don't want to be with this person. Really. Well. We stayed together a little bit after, but not much. We broke up, like a few months later. He went off to do a shoot a movie and I stayed at his place, and I, you know, nobody was acting on their best behavior, to be honest.
Speaker 2: Was that But was that like a one a one off or do you feel like you were just in a phase of your life where you just were more selfish?
Speaker 1: I mean maybe a little bit of both. I was. I remember I was mad because he cheated on me. You left some really important I did forget about that, and yeah, I was pretty pissed about it.
Speaker 3: And also yeah, I mean still also but also it's just what I'm gonna sound like an asshole, Okay, I know, yeah, right, it's his grandma.
Speaker 1: It's not like his mom died. But let me push back, even on my own thing is that I loved her too. I'd met her, We'd spent time in the state he was from together. I really I really cared about her as well. So like even that, I mean, she was she was, she was exquisite. And it doesn't matter you're together. Of course you take of course, you take your boyfriend well, but also temp jobs.
Speaker 2: It's really easy, as we have experienced, if you don't show up for your temp jobs, do get real mad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I was really mad about this other thing, but I do, I will say so whether whatever it is, like, I feel like I was in the wrong on that one.
Speaker 2: But it's dausible that you broke up more because he was a cheater.
Speaker 1: He broke up. We were in a weird situation. It's kind of strange to talk about because like he I think we've talked about it, but he like kind of cheated a little, and he wasn't committing and he was only really into me when I would say, Okay, I'm going to move on, right it come back, and like it was a really really confusing situation, and then I started dating someone else pretty seriously, and then then we all just were like, remember we kind of opened it up, and so I was dating two people pretty seriously openly and that and then everybody was also kind of dating other people after that. Like it it got, it got, it got challenging, certainly not. I don't have the And was.
Speaker 2: This during the time that you would that you didn't take him to the airport?
Speaker 1: Trying to remember, so that would been that would have been the summer of two thousands, So no, this was after the fact, So I think this was after I'm trying to think the timeline. I think this would have been after we sort of got back together because something really bad happened with one of the guys and we broke up. Broke up, so it was I was all the same guy. It was all Guy A, and Guy A didn't really want that. Now now Guy A is like, I liked it when you were just you know, when I didn't have as much pressure. So now the other guys out, Now I'm in. Now I'm staying with him for three months, which he didn't want. I could feel all that he wasn't being great to me, he wasn't being very nice. I think a little hard on yourself maybe, but I do wonder sometimes, like, yeah, what would have happened if I had just been a little nothing. He still would have cheated, and he still would have been avoidant because he chosen someone else. He ended up getting married. It's so funny. It's like I always say, I can't all be avoidant, like they just didn't choose me, when I think sometimes you can like the ones that are avoidant.
Speaker 2: Though it sounds like which I sounds like you did to me because right, because they're because they are the kind of people that don't commit very easily.
Speaker 1: Because I am avoidant. Remember we talked about that. I have the issues too, So I choose on purpose, so I get to act out a different role. Right, I'm the one like, oh my god, no, no, no, no, wait what No, it's not moving in. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: I feel that too. I'm the one that's like, oh god, I can't this guy likes me too much.
Speaker 1: Oh God.
Speaker 2: But then I want the guy that doesn't like me that much, and then I can be like, I don't understand why he's to me.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, why am I not the one who's chosen when I know exactly why? Because I don't want to be. Yeah, if I did, then I would have ended up with some schlub no offense back in Texas. Wasn't that hard to snag a husband in your twenties?
Speaker 2: Tell you that I just couldn't. I know, I couldn't like the ones that liked.
Speaker 1: Me, I know. I mean this is why I'm still I'm still fucked up. I mean, I'm learning more about it, like I'm in there. I'm I'm That's how I'm saying it, like as though I'm I'm hiding my fate, like I'm embarrassed. I'm in thorough But I'm learning that a lot of it comes not from anxious or all that stuff, all the attachment stuff. It doesn't necessarily mean something happened in your childhood. It just means that you're you get bored easily. I have I probably have a little bit of a it's an addiction to not chaos, but to like excitement, And that's more exciting to me to you know, be with someone who's inconsistent, because then I'm chasing a hit. I mean they say that sometimes you're just born that way. Sometimes it's maybe.
Speaker 2: How does anybody ever get together in a way that's like equal?
Speaker 1: Such a good question? I mean you and John did. I think it has to just it all has to spark, like at the right time, early enough that you're you're not carrying too much baggage and and like you said, you need a secure person that can just be like, oh wait, you're good. And that's I feel like that's something you had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I feel like I was tricked because I feel like I was having to work too hard for John at the beginning.
Speaker 1: But that's just because.
Speaker 2: He's not actually well, you know what, John is a little bit of a avoid, isn't He's a little m a little bit and he hadn't been in like many relationships before me he had, but he was like not that into it, and I was worried that I would be. I just was always worried he didn't like me enough, which allowed me, It freed me up to be like one hundred percent sure of him all the time, like not totally be my guy, I am madly in love because he didn't seem like he was well, So.
Speaker 1: The spark happened exactly at the right time. It all kind of came together at the right time. And then through whatever your trials and tribulations, like you stuck by each other. Yeah, and you became healthier and healthier, both of you, you know, and like, yeah we were we talked everything out and then yeah, but I definitely like think I freaked out at some point when I realized, oh no, he really is madly in love with me. Yeah I could, Yes, I totally. I used to be able to be Okay, I was in the Remember, I was in very a lot of long term relationships, and I would just sort of settle in. I'd love them and I would love having a boyfriend and all that, but I was never that excited. I was never like like, this is my purse. I just never I don't know, it's like I can't have that unless there's like always a bit of a challenge. And then when they would eventually sense that, well, after six years of me not even wanted to give them a key to my apartment, yes, yeah, And then they would go, well, what is this? How do you feel? Right? And then you would say I mean I love you, Yeah, exactly, I love you. I love this, and they're like, but I only see you twice a week, and like I want to travel more and I want to go though, ye, well this week is good for me. It's a little much for me, to be honest. I mean, my thing was like I really would be cool with that duplex thing, or you just like, yeah, I guess I've always been a little like that and just didn't realize it or something something.
Speaker 2: But then okay, but then when the guy was being like that, let me ask you this. When the guy was the one who was like, yeah, twice a week is like a lot for me, you know, and I could think of somebody who was pretty like avoided that we both experienced. Did you feel a pining did you feel like, oh my god, why doesn't he want to see me every day with Pug or yeah, with anybody, with anybody that you well, if it was Pug, no, like it was perfect. Oh, it was absolutely perfect.
Speaker 1: I saw him once or twice a week, sometimes three, but sometimes one, and I never really felt the pining was just enough where I'd be like, oh my god, am I going to hear from him? Like what concerts are he gonna invite me to? Or is he not? You know, I got that dopamine hit. He always did. I saw him a lot actually, so you never.
Speaker 2: Had any like sense of pining or wanting more from him.
Speaker 1: No, I think I did. I mean I definitely had some anxiety around him, you know, being really hot and cold as a person. So I definitely had that anxiety. But I think we saw each other the right amount.
Speaker 2: So if he'd been less hot and cold but also didn't need to see that much you would it would have been fine.
Speaker 1: I think so. I think. So we're so interesting. So what precipitated him the breakup with Hug? Which one with Pug? Oh? He did. He just said he'd never love me. Remember, he took me to a show or something. We went out and then he walked me home to my apartment into the and he was like, I just want to talk to you real quick, and then he was pretty high, and then he's just like, I'm sorry, I feel really bad. He was actually pretty nice about it. He was like, I just don't think I'm gonna ever really get there. And it was a very calm. It was actually one of my best breakups. I like handled it. I didn't freak out, I didn't bag, I didn't do anything. And then he said almost he goes, I'd gotten you theater tickets for your birthday? Would you still want to go? And I mean that was already ten times more than most guys. So I was like, yes, that was fine, and we went and did he try to kiss you? Oh no, you mean goodbye after he broke up with me.
Speaker 2: No, I mean like when he when he took you to something for your birthday?
Speaker 1: Oh no no. And he never like we never made out. There was no we didn't like kiss at concerts or dinner or anything. He wasn't very PDA. I don't know if you remember that, but he was. It was very compartmentalized. Yes, you were doing this thing and now you're doing this thing, and now you're back and maybe I'll do this. But it was actually a very kind he, you know, he said, he said it relatively kindly, and I handled it well and oh fine, and you.
Speaker 2: Didn't you didn't feel like why why won't he like?
Speaker 1: Oh, I fell apart after he let Oh my god, Laura, you know, we should get Laura on the show. My friend Laura's wish. Sure she'd be like, oh, you weren't that fine, But I was in front of him. I was fine. Oh I've melted down, of course. Yeah, I was so upset. And she listened for hours, you know, and tried to be nice about like, I don't think that's the guy though, you know, like I just don't see it.
Speaker 2: I just don't see what anytime I see a picture of him, and I saw one because I was looking up and we can talk about this briefly. We talked about it on Cringe, so that's up today too. But I was looking up a picture of John Reap, who is a comedian. We discussed this and who was charged. He's in jail. Maybe he has several counts of child sexual exploitation. And anyway, I was looking at some pictures of him because I was looking at last comic standing. And my point is every time I see Hug Penson, it's like a jump scare.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, ewe, you don't know, you don't but I do.
Speaker 2: And I had had a recent one where it's just like a literal jumps where I'm just like.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh, well, it's odd different and yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I just was like, I can't believe I ever that was a full on for me, full on avoidant. And I was like, I will I will make that avoidant, man, mine, I will fix the thing. I will be I will feel free to go to love hard because this guy is never going to be even nice to me.
Speaker 1: I so was get that and I and I definitely experienced that as well. I guess my thing was just sort of I knew, I kind of kind of knew what I was signing up for in an a right way because but because mine went on for a while, I think I thought I was being sort of chosen, yes, like in this weird way, even though one hundred percent, if I could go back with like I go go back and watch myself and watch the whole thing play out, I'd be like, oh, sweetie of god, no, that's not how that goes like, that's not that, ain't it right? You know? No, that guy should when you go to the improv the next day after you slept over, he should talk to you. Yeah, maybe or make eye contact. Yeah. I remember he wouldn't walk me to the car after we'd gone. I'd been you know, like we've been hooking up for a long time and night, I mean like a couple times a week. He wouldn't walk me to the improv, I mean to the to my car at one in the morning. And then and I think it was before he got jumped. Remember he got jumped in that Fred Seagull parking lot. Yes, So I'm not sure if it was before or after that, because if it had set, yeah, maybe it just wasn't a very good set. He was went out to smoke weed with like two other people and not no, not Hug Penson. He didn't go smoke weed. You must be confusing him with a different Well, he was with Zoe and I want to say, like Aukerman or something. Yeah, yes, and they went and they got like they got pot Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So imagine if it was before he would like if it was beforehand, and then he still wouldn't walk me out. Well, it was after, So either way, it's an interesting story because if it was before, if he'd already been jumped and would not walk me to the car, that's horrible. Yeah. I think Abby was there and Obvi's like I'll walk her. Because I remember saying like, can you walk me? He's like, I'll walk you. I mean, it was so sad. But if it was before, I mean, that's just cruel. But if it was after, that's just karma. I mean that I really I think. Uh. In conclusion, Yeah, it worn't great, and we I think we both like people like that, get people like us that, you know, to be way too kind and stick around way too long. Yes, and then they they settle when they settle, because I think they don't ever settle. He has a longtime girlfriend, I think, but I think that they just had to get keep getting a little younger, you know, like whatever. He's in his six mid sixties. Yeah, so then they've got to be probably I don't know, forty, they've got to be at least they couldn't be close in age or whatever. That's not going to work out. So I don't know. I do hope he's happy if I saw him, I'd be happy to see him. That's the truth. I have no hard feelings for that guy. That's the truth, Ruth. There's been so much worse, you know what I mean, Like that guy is just he's just bumbling along.
Speaker 2: You don't know, Yeah, I mean, you know it's listen, if I think about it in a more how should I say empathetic more from his perspective?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Of course I was so mad. I mean I was raging mad.
Speaker 2: At the fact that, but really what I was mad at was that he wasn't going to love me either. Yeah, and also that he decided to leave a message on my voicemail.
Speaker 1: Well that's kind of shitty. Well it just like it means.
Speaker 2: But also if he wasn't into me, like what is the point really? If I think about it, of like, what are we supposed to go to lunch? And then you have to make a big pronouncement that like we're done, Like I think I.
Speaker 1: Think a person phone call. I think a phone call like where he gets reaches me on the phone and tells me you're actually madder and like your response matters and he has to hear it. I think is fair? Yeah, I think. I think though, when.
Speaker 2: I when I look at relationships and like other people's relationships and see both sides, he wasn't going to I chose somebody who wasn't going to love me or right, and who didn't who.
Speaker 1: Was very distant. Chose that, chose somebody who was never even nice to me.
Speaker 2: Then I got really mad at the consequence of that choice, which was that he wasn't really that into me, and then told me in a voicemail, which is not It kind of tracks that like, hey, similar to you, I'm just not going to ever be able to meet your like, I'm not going to really love you. It's not this isn't really going to go anywhere. And sorry I'm leaving this on your voicemail, but I would just be too worried that I would like try to make out with you or something if we were in person, because you're so pretty something like that.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that's a better That was a better breakup than I got, now, you know. Then Then at the time, though, I was so mad about it, because I was like, oh, really, you would just be too overwhelmed with lust to be able to hold hold to your like, I'm not into you like, what the fuck? That feels fake as fuck? And I was very mad.
Speaker 2: And then you know, and then he did the same thing, which was he was like, hey, like a little very short time later, he's like, hey, you want to go to like a show.
Speaker 1: But not dating. And he got me like a birthday present that was Oh my god. It was like a It was like a ceed little it's like a little knife that you open. He gave me that too, got that too. He got like a fucking bulk. Oh my god, I got exactly, I got a whole little package of them. Oh like, well I didn't get a package. I think I got one.
Speaker 2: He was like, hey, I'm going to give this to Cecily, but I'm gonna hold one back.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's hilarious. What do you call those things? Remember? Exactly? I still I kept it for a long time while I still had CDs. And it looked like one of those things yellow. It was yellow, and it looked it was designed to look like one of those things that you put in the middle of a forty five to play it on your stare, to play it on your turntable. Correct, Yeah, so I got I got one of those. We all all did anybody anybody with the last name Silverman got it? Yeah, he got it, and I got taken.
Speaker 2: I got taken to a concert by I always. I've told you this many times and then I can never remember. Oh semi sonic, the ones that close in time.
Speaker 1: God, you don't have to go home, but you can. I saw a lot of bands that I was not into. I saw Jesus and Mary Chain with him.
Speaker 2: He would I would just go, of course, because I was like, you'd invite me to a show and I'd be like cool, and then I wouldn't. We did not have the same taste in music. But I do remember that I got that as a gift, and I was like, is he going to try to make out with me?
Speaker 1: Which is why I asked you? And know he sure didn't. He was. He's very compartmentalist. He was able to and I kind of like that because you know, I'm I'm a big fan of like staying friends with people, and I don't like there to be muddy waters. So I was ye with that. I didn't really want to make out that much anyway, you know what I mean. I was like, this is the nice part is going to the concert. I would just rather talk to me if you see me out somewhere.
Speaker 2: But I felt confused and then would get drunk and start to fights with him because he would always be around. So then he would show up at other people's like at things that he knew I was going.
Speaker 1: To be at, and I was just like, what are you doing? Why are you here? And I would be drunk and mad. I mean, anyway, I think drinking. You talked about him for a long time over many episodes, and we have. In fact, even in the five years that we've been doing the show, I've changed my I'm like, I love the guy. I think it could be cool, but I think we should have him. How do we get him on the show? How do we probably still have his number? I might, I might still have his number. He like, I don't know. I don't think he'd do it, though, because how do I say, like, we have talked about you at length, not always in the most positive Like I have to tell him that, like how do we do that without like really but really okay? And I know that this has like been a this has been a an epiphany episode for me, But really, if I think about it, with all the shitty things that I say about him.
Speaker 2: It's really not his fault, Like he was just living his life and like he's a he's got to he's avoided. Like if I think about Okay, was he ever? Was he a mean to me? Not really he did. He did try to shame me, and we both have our own story and now we can't remember.
Speaker 1: Who was who's one of us?
Speaker 2: One of us got shamed about disliking Kathy Griffin, and one of us got shamed about the show Friends.
Speaker 1: You're this was Friends, and mine was Kathy Griffin. I just said I just didn't think she was a very good actress. And he's like, nobody asked for your opinion, con solicited. I mean, I guess, how do we have him on as a guest? How do we do this? Like I think we owe him an apology? Is what what we're learning? I could say. Listen, for five years we talked about like how because remember how we almost named the show after him yep, the Punk Penson experience, except that we were just going to use his actual name. And I was like, no, we're not going to give that fuck or the satisfaction of us naming our entire podcast after him, because you know there have been also like episodes where you saw him like that when he saw him at the poker thing recently. It's like, we'd have to take that down if we if we asked him to be a guest on the show, and you guys let us know.
Speaker 2: No, because he's so self centered, he'd never go back and listen to old episodes.
Speaker 1: But somebody will tell him. We have people to tell people things. So you guys, guys, if you want to have a fun experience, you can't fuck with us. Don't do the same thing. Yeah, we're trying to do a thing. We're trying to heal. Don't fuck with our healing. I'm serious. I think we should have him on the show. I swear to God. And we'll just say hey, through the years, we've we've kind of gone through a rollercoaster of our feelings about you. We did mock some of the highness. Now he's not so cool that he'd be cool with it. Though he's not as laid back as you know, Oh he's not. He'd be very much. We've seen stuff. We've seen YouTube videos where he like stormed out of podcasts because he decided everybody was stupid. He was a Haitian and shouldn't have to put up with people. And they were like, wait, are you joking? And he was not joking. He gets these like spikes. I defended him, remember, because I was like, I know he has back pain, and I do think he gets like spikes of back pain and that makes him like lash out. That's what I want to believe. I don't want him to have that. But how do we get him on the show and erase everything we've talked. We'd have to go through like we're not doing that. I refuse, I refuse. Then we don't have him on the show.
Speaker 2: Either we either don't have him on the show, or we have him on the show and we stand by what we've said.
Speaker 1: We say, hey, listen, we've been rough. We just don't mention that. We don't mention it. But listen, you know I'm gonna tell you something that you would that you love. I love and Hug Penson really loves and that's Faya. Oh yeah, yeah, we do love Vaya. Tell us about VIIa.
Speaker 2: We love via Listen. This is the place where you, me and Pug can all come together and that is TC gummies CBD gummies, maybe not CBD.
Speaker 1: For him, CBD for me.
Speaker 2: But listen, every everybody loves gummies. They make everything better. If they make your sleep better, they make sex better, they make just watching TV better, They make walking your dog better. And Ya is the best one that I've ever tried. They have a lot of different kind They have a lot of different you know, like strength beavers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, different strengths, different strains. You can do, your sativa, your indica. They have all of it, of course, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And we honestly love it. John is like kind of obsessed with their product. He says it's absolutely the best. So if you're twenty one hour over, check out the link to Via in our description and use the code rose Pricks to receive fifteen percent off free shipping on orders over one hundred dollars. And if you're new to Vaya, get a free gift of your choice. After you purchase, they'll ask where you heard about them. Please support our show and tell them we sent you.
Speaker 1: Enhance your every day with Vaya. That is perfect. And before we go, we should say hi to our friends on our board af Patreon. We have Carolyn Bastian, Silvano, Jemetti, Sandra Green, Collette Rock, Patrick Price, Julie Turnbull.
Speaker 2: Victoria Blake and Andrea Crawford. I don't know why we always want to say it like that. And Dick Frolicker and Ishan Vajpe and Carrie Maler take us home.
Speaker 1: Karen John Watson, Jacqueline Belique, Victoria Blake, Jill Shaw, Athena Gouchard, we have some names. Sean Price, my old friend, and Kate Snado. Also our friend Becky barras you know she she's been with us since day one of us doing this Patreon of the one Day, one Day one five and a half years. She makes the custom T shirts and they are adorable and they're soft, and they are affordable. I've got three of them now and you can design your you can choose from what she has or you can design your own. And they're so good for like bachelorette parties or high school reunions where you want to get like the same shirts with your names on the back. She'll help you do that. You want to go to her Facebook page Basic Becky or her website just basic Becky dot com.
Speaker 2: And also our friend Randy may Ames gives her shout to the charity of your choice. One thing that Cecily and I both love is our doggies, and we talked about our doggies. And look, ASPCA does a lot of stuff for animals, and if you have even an extra like five ten bucks, why not just send them a little something and feel better about yourself, feel better about your doing something to help animals or again, the charity of your choice. What just be more like Randy may Ames and be a good person.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's just the best person that we're all in love with. Yeah, all right, you guys, well we love you, We thank you. Not sorry today? I feel like we really made some are we sorry? No, we're not sorry today? No sorry, no, no, well no wait, I am a little sorry. I made some mistakes. I should have driven that guy to the airport.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you're sorry for that, but you're not sorry for the show.
Speaker 1: No, okay, all right, bye bye