Speaker 1: And now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: Tim Chase, Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well on this Tuesday night. You're Los Angeles Dodgers eighty six and fifty eight on the season is the season is dwindling down here in the final weeks Dodgers' first place ATAF the NL West. After dropping the series opener to the Cubs last night, the Dodgers look to get back on track tonight, and they also look to give the ball back to Yoshinobu Yamamoto, who returns from the injured list. He gets to start first pitch, coming up at seven to ten. Over the next hour here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we got a lot to get to in thirty minutes. Yes, your chance to win sweet tickets to our zenschiet Sweet Life Challenge. We're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts will dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David Vase will join us throughout the show. He'll go one on one with Cody Bellinger. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortley Kirsten Watson from Sports on LA will drop by and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Galpam Motors broadcast booth. And here from Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Well, last night a couple of former Dodgers got the revenge on the boys in Blue. It was Walker Buehler on the mound. He would go five innings, allow five runs on nine hits, a couple of home runs, and he got into trouble early. From Cody Bellinger and Michael Busch, two former Dodgers really got after it, and the first Bellinger a two run home run, then Bush an RBI single. Then in the fourth Michael Bush ad it again with a solo home run down the left field line. The Cubbies were up four to nothing. Meanwhile, the Dodgers' offense didn't get things going until the bottom half of the fifth. Any with Mookie Betts got him on the board.
Speaker 3: On this two one show, He's running ground ball left side and up the middle.
Speaker 2: Taylor scores.
Speaker 3: O'tana goes first to third RBI base hit for Mookie Bets as the Dodgers on the board.
Speaker 2: Mookie Betts delivers RBI single in the top bottom half of the fifth inning, they had add on a sackfly for Max Munsey, scoring Otani, and that made it a forty two game. But just as the Dodgers scored back, came the Cubbies. In the top half of the sixth inning, they tacked on three more. They're up seventy two going to the bottom half of the seventh. Any when the Dodgers, I'll chip the weight the deficit, So what does he give you?
Speaker 3: Three to two? The payoff and Mookie out set to the left field. This ball's deep, this ball's gone. Mookie Bets refuses to stop mashing the baseball. It's a two rum blast, his seventeenth of the season, and the Dodgers have a life. In the seventh it's now seven to four.
Speaker 2: Mookie Betts with the home run. That's the top tier play of the game sponsored by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less. A two run shot made it a seven to four game. Dodgers right back in it until they weren't. In the top half of the eighth inning, the Cubs would add to their lead with a run two more in the top half of the ninth inning. Cubs go on and beat the Dodgers last night ten to four, sixteen hits pounded out by the Cubs last night, Michael Busch and Cody Bellinger getting damage against their former team. Bellinger was two for four, home run, three RBIs on base four times. Michael Busch goes four for five with the home run three ribbies. He went deep. Cubs get the win. Dodgers with the loss, they fall to eighty six and fifty eight, five and a half game lead on the Padres, six games up on the Diamondbacks, and tonight they look to get back on track. And it's an old friend back on the mound, Yoshi Yamamoto for the Dodgers, first outing since June when he went on the engine list. He is back, he is ready to go. He's on the mountain tonight and with more. Let's head out to the Galpin Motors Broadcast booth as we welcome in Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys, Hey, Tim, gonna be with you again and gonna be back at stadium.
Speaker 2: The tempts dropping and dropping as the week.
Speaker 3: Moves along, which is a welcome thing for everybody here at Dodger Stadium Mall. What's not welcome is seeing the Chicago Cubs beat out sixteen hits and scored ten runs to win last night's game.
Speaker 4: Well, they were efficient when they had runners on base, five for seven with runners in scoring positions, So that continues to be a problem really for the Dodgers in this homestand there's six for twenty one. When he looked at the home stand overall, and if Walker Buehler was going to make a comment last night, the comment was kind of, well, okay, fine, he went five innings plus two batters into the six, but it was a rugged outing six runs, nine hits, a couple of home runs. You didn't have the benefit of two ground bowl double plays. But for Walker, Bueler did not really make the statement that he wanted to make, and it was a frustrating night I think for the right hander.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his teammates did a good job trying to pick them up and say, oh, you know, look, Bush, he kind of just shot one the other way and it happened to it out, and Cody Bellinger was sitting fastball and got a hold of one.
Speaker 2: But outside of that, he wasn't bad.
Speaker 3: And those are good teammates. But even Walker himself, for a second, he seems like a broken record, but he's like, at some point I got to perform. He's still waiting on that outing where he goes six innings, it's just one run. He punches out more hitters than innings that he's pitched him. We have yet to see that, and timers running out for Walker to make that impression. For the postseason, we will see the first impression in a long time a Yoshinobu Yamamoto. It's been a few months that he's been out with that shoulder inflammation and the strained rotator cuff to be more specific on Yamamoto. So his first start since June fifteenth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gonna be interesting to see him. Dave Roberts saying a little bit of earlier. Its be somewhere between fifty and sixty pitches and hopefully the workload's not going to be high in each of the first two innings that he's out there. The Dodgers, I mean it comes down to they have a five and a half game lead for first place in the Western Division at the National League six back Arizona Diamondbacks Andreser in second place. The Dodgers magic number man, that's all right, and good. That's good, will take care of that end of it. Meanwhile, the Dodgers had to take care of their own parameters in their backyard. Oh. They won eight of the last twelve, fourteen to the last twenty, but the game got away from them last night. They tried to close the gap. They were successful to a certain extent, but then they just simply ran out of a couple of innings and quite frankly, the Chicago Cubs came geared for some defense. They had two really terrific plays critical points in the game at.
Speaker 3: Pet Crow Armstrong Cody Bellinger. It's the same starting lineup for Craig Council's club tonight against Yamamoto, and he'll be starting opposite his fellow countryman, his friend showta Imanaga, the left hander who signed with the Cubs his past offseason, was an All Star this year and has basically been win day for the Cubs, and they've won twenty of his start days out of twenty seven, I want to say most. So it's going to be a tall task for the Dodgers, and they will be without Taoscar Hernandez yet again. He is available off the bench, but did not get the Green Life for the training step to start. You're in game number two against Chicago, Tim, let's get it back to.
Speaker 2: You, all right, Thanks so a lot, Nelly. If we come you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor or your Shaky's Pizza Chackin and Mojo's right now at shakysrom dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. You're gonna hear from David Vatasu. We'll visit with Cody Bellinger. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Your chance to play the Zenchi Sweet Live Challenge that is coming up. We have got your o Tani rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson next. For leading you up to Dodgers and Cubs on this Tuesday night. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It's Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers in Cubs on this Tuesday night. What a pitching match of Yoshu Yamamoto Shota Managa on the pitching matchup for the Dodgers and Cubs tonight, game two of this three game set. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the.
Speaker 3: Ree Why show hey taking off for a second? Am I throw not gonna get him.
Speaker 4: Exactly when I was leaning towards. You've got a guy that may does not get the ball to his bencher rapidly. Oh, you only get maybe a couple of heart beats extra time. But when you're trying to steal a base, that's the difference between safe and out a lot.
Speaker 3: It's waiting on a two to one pitch and he takes it to right center field. That ball's gonna get down. Taylor going from first to third. The throw from co arm sean cut off, it's short back to back base. It's for the Dodgers. They have him cornered with one out in the bottom of the fifth. The perfecto bit ended. No perfection here from Smiley. The very first pitch line in the right center field ough Tani thinking too, it's bobbled by Bellinger and right.
Speaker 2: No Tani will take two, show, Hey, Otani, last night goes two or for four as the Dodgers lose ten to four, but also on base with the walk and he picked up stolen base number forty seven on the season. The quest of fifty to fifty continues for show Hey, the Otani rewind brought to you y eto Ennzoi jud Japan's number one green Tea and the Tea the show Aotani Loves and drinks available at local diso stores, Amazon and eto In dot com. That's it oe n dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirston now joins us from the stadium before game two of there's three game set. And what a pitchy matchup in international flair for this matchup tonight.
Speaker 5: It really is. This is gonna be a fun one because this is if we go back to the beginning of this season. In April, we were in Chicago and the hope was that this was going to be a matchup. We got to see Shota Inmanaga of the Chicago Cubs, who's been in Rookie of the Year conversations. And yes, we know Paul Skeens is leading the way, but the fact that he has been performing all season long. He's had an incredible start to his rookie season with the Cubs, and he was fantastic against the Dodgers. We should say that as well, but we got to see him versus show Hey Otani Toda. We're gonna get to see the two stars that came out of Japan this offseason. Two rookie pitchers who are gonna face off against each other. So this is gonna be a fun one. And then you get the added benefit of for the Dodger side, yosh Noobamamoto is finally back off of the IL, especially at a time where there was you know, when he first won the EEL, there was a lot of concern. Is he gonna be able to return? Is this going to require surgery? There's so much going on. Well, he's back. He said he wanted to return. He has done just that. So this is what makes I think this matchup even more exciting.
Speaker 2: Speaking to Dodger pitching, Tyler Glass, now, Clayton Kershaw, how are we looking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So let's start with Tyler Glass. Now, he threw a bullpen today. He threw his full pitch mix. So that's a really good sign for him. And the next thing for him is going to be taking part in a sim game, so he's gonna be facing some hitters. Dave Roberts was saying today, the hope is that, you know, maybe he can get like through two or three innings, just as he's kind of progressing with his build up. So once he does that, then that brings in the conversation of rehab assignments. He's going to need one at this point, just considering how long he's been down, and then from that it's getting him back into big league games and getting him ready for October. Because that calendar, every day a new day is happening, so there's a lot going on, and with eighteen games left in the regular season, time is of the essence. Then you've got Clayton Kershaw, and Clayton Kershaw has done a really good job of just keeping his arm going, whether it was yesterday throwing off of the portable mound things, he's continued with doing that today. So he's in a spot where the biggest issue is when it comes to the bone spurs in his toe, and even Dave Roberts today was saying there's also kind of a ligament issue as well. So when Clayton Kershaw is pitching, he is putting a lot of pressure on that big toe and pushing off of it. So Clayton is really hopeful that he'll be able to take down one or two starts before the postseason begins. I think that's where all of us are at. It's just he's doing everything in his power to make sure the inflamation is going down, putting his tone in a good spot so that it's healing. But he can put that pressure on it and then he can be successful on the mound. So you know, there's there's still some unknown with that one, but the fact that he's doing everything in his power and he of course, as we have gotten to know, has the will to play. He's going to do everything he can to get to that spot to help this team.
Speaker 2: Let's see if he can come back. Let's hope Kirston appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game. Dodger fans and Hans, you're listening experienced by donloading the iHeartRadio app and listening to Dodger games in HD. It's all powered by la Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot org. Still to come here on Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper into this bitchet matchup. David vaz Seging goes one on one with Cody Bellinger up next. We'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's a Dodgers and comes first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Katsi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Cassino on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to the first pitch on this Tuesday night. Dodgers and comes to Wrongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times. Yoshi, I'm a moto back for the Dodgers, making the start first pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Ta Oscar Hernandez not in the lineup, taking a few days off the rest of that ankle that he filed the pitch off of last week and got hit by Gavin Stone on the ielt the right shoulder inflammation. Clayton Kershaw He's throwing it off a makeshift mound as he tries to battle his way back from turf toe. Tyler klassanaw on the iel. The right lblow to tonight is Bruce dark Grattarol, still waiting his return from that hamstring strain. All right, let's head back out to Dodger Stadium and check out with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 6: Anything, Dave do you think questions for Dave?
Speaker 7: Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with.
Speaker 6: He threw his pen?
Speaker 8: It was it was good. It was good. I didn't talk to him about it afterwards, but my eyes I like what I saw. I thought, Uh, he was ripping the fastball, used all of his pitches, and I feel good coming out of it that he'll face some hitters on Friday in Atlanta that I think he'll it's probably the two or three inning SIN game, something like that. Yeah, I think, so, yeah, if we can, if we can do that, I think, like I said a few days ago, you know, we've dealt with being shorthanded, but to get him in a major league game is a priority, and so h you know, if he can, you know, manage two three innings in the same game, I think that that'll be sufficient.
Speaker 3: Day he did.
Speaker 2: He did there point where in one go Strush outs to you before on Georbert.
Speaker 8: You know, I think you know, there's a in theory, a hope part of this, but there's also a realistic part of it. And I think that we're all comfortable in the sense that whatever it is, whatever the build up is, is what it is, and we've got to go from there. So obviously i'd love to say there six and ninety would be great. How realistic that is for both those guys, time will tell, So you know, if it's four and sixty five and seventy five, whatever it is, we're going to bet on each one of those guys.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts finding out In the last couple of minutes here, the Dodgers have just made another roster move. They have active Bruce dar Graderole from the injured list. Just minutes ago Anthony Bonda, Dodger left hander reliever, placed on the injured list. What they had left hand fracture. Left hand fracture for Anthony Bonda, Bruce dark Graderole. We expected to get activated yesterday. He in fact gets activated just now. Dave Roberts down the dugout, brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts, He's got a plan of his own. He's a Titan. He's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let's Service Titan hope you implement that. Learn more at Service Titan dot com. And we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in with David Veasse gets you the latest leading up to first pitch Dodgers and Cubs. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Nowak, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 2: Law Dodgers and Cubs on this Tuesday night. Yoshi Iamamoto off the il. He's back. He gets to start first pitch coming up at seven to ten. This on firing crew for tonight's came brought to by Fred Loyer. I'm Surance, celebrating fifty years of providing a reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are this is Dodger insider David Bassi, all.
Speaker 2: Right, DV. In the last five minutes, we find out the Dodgers have made a roster move. Anthony Bonda goes to the iel Bruce dark Graderoll gets activated, but Bonda a fracture in his left hand.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and this is pure speculation, Tim, This was not something that we were expecting. Bruce dar Graderol was supposed to be activated tomorrow and be ready for the final game of this series. Last night, Bonda came into the game, did not pitch very well, so you wonder if his emotions got the best of him and maybe he punched something and it fractured his left pitching hand. That's the only explanation to get this type of news this close to first pitch, as we are just a little under an hour away. So that's my speculation. There is no confirmation of that speculation. This news just broke that Bonda broke his left hand, and he has been a workhorse for the Dodgers, so this is not just some il that the Dodgers are going to brush off. Bonda has been a big part of this Dodger bullpen and it's unfortunate that he goes on the il with such a serious injury, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not good news for a bullpen. Speaking of bullpen bullpen sessions, DV showy Otani saw your video of the day on on social media, he threw on Yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: The Japanese media has kept me abreast of his bullpen session, so we saw him throwing today. I had an idea Today was his day scheduled to throw another bullpen session, so I made my way out there and I was not alone. If you see the video I posted on x at the Real Underscore d there was quite a crowd gathering above the Dodger bullpen as Otani was throwing his fifth bullpen session this season, and it was impressive. He threw a couple of two steamers and he seemed pleased with it. It was a twenty pitch bullpen session, and there may be a ramp up in September as far as the next steps go, as far as throwing the hitters. But it was the first time I had gotten that close to Otani throwing a bullpen session, and it was pretty amazing. Tim that you get to see Otani do that, and then tonight he'll lead off going for fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: Pretty impressive. David is driven by Ford, also impressive. There's one thing he like, its choices. Find yours with the four f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This mark can only be called f one fifty. Look at the lineup. No ta Oscar Hernandez DV is just just pushing to another day. Everything okay, everything's okay.
Speaker 6: In fact, it's really good. I saw him out here taking batting practice earlier today and he told me that he expects to play tomorrow. So I told him I will tell all my friends to buy tickets for tomorrow night's game since he will be back in the starting lineup.
Speaker 2: David, the Dodgers team is they get ready to face a Japanese pitcher. You got Yamamoto on the mound, the vibe. I imagine a Dodgers stadium with these two rookies going for the Dodgers and Cubs in a regular season matchup. Pretty impressive.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a lot of buzz that Shota Imanaga is going to throw for the Cubs and Yamamoto is going to make his first start since June fifteenth. There's a lot of buzz, but Honestly, this game is going to be televised in Japan at seven am in the morning, and a lot of the Japanese people are obviously going to work, so I'm not sure how big of a viewership they are going to get back in Japan, but certainly it's a subplot to tonight's.
Speaker 2: Game, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: DV.
Speaker 2: We appreciate it. We'll check back you with you in just a couple of minutes. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck will get your Zinchy Sweet live challenge. We're gonna hear from Cody Bellingers. DV goes one on one with the former Dodger World Series champ. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup, of course, but I'm next for Dodgers magical moment. Don't go anywhere leading up to first pitch on this Tuesday night Dodgers and Cubs. I'm Tim Katsi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers saying Cubs, Yoshi Yamamoto, Shota and Managa the pitching matchup. First pitch in the movine coming up at seventen.
Speaker 6: Who wants.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Pitch Magical.
Speaker 2: By Hawby hot Dogs. Well, the Dodgers have a nicer run of NL West championships over the last twelve years. We go back to twenty nineteen in Baltimore, Dodgers taken on the Orioles. Today, the five year anniversary of the Dodgers clinching yet another in A West Divisional title.
Speaker 9: One ball, two strikes two out. Fergusons set the pitch to Trombo call strike three.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers win.
Speaker 9: After being in first place for all but six days the entire season, the Dodgers have won their seventh consecutive National League Western Division title, once again the best in the West, as they beat the Orioles tonight seven to three.
Speaker 2: Dodgers clenched the division in twenty nineteen in Baltimore, their seventh straight divisional title at the time. This Hofey Magical Moment, brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, is Silkaw treasure for over one hundred years. Visit hofeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase cree delicious Hoffey hot Dogs. All right, who wants to live the sweet life in the suite at a Dodger game eight six six ninety seven two five seventy ninety three contests Right now, all you do is tell me which player will be the fresh player of the game. Is that easy? And You're gonna play in the Zenchy Sweet Live Challenge eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy lead you up to Dodgers and Cubs first pitch of seven to ten. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers in Cubs on this Tuesday night. Yoshi, I'm a Moto is back in on the map. Will dive deep into this pitching matchup coming up first pitch at seventeen.
Speaker 1: This is the Zenchi Sweet Live Challenge. One lucky winner and a guest get to watch the Dodgers from the Zenschi swite, all made possible by Zenchi Sushi, Fast, Fresh and easy.
Speaker 2: All right, we are at three contestants, tell me the fresh player of the game and If you're correct, you're gonna win two tickets to watch the game in an AM five to seventy LA sports suite. We'll start off with Chester. He was first caller. Chester, what's your guests? Rookie Betts, Rookie Bets? All right, good luck to you Chester. Andrew is our next contestant, Andrew. Which player will be the fresh player of the game? Oh show, Hey o Tani. Good luck to you, Andrew. Ray and Pomona, you are in our third and final contestant, Ray, what is your player of the game tonight? Second base? Luck Dadyavin Lucks all right, good luck to you.
Speaker 1: Ray.
Speaker 2: Andrew and Chester are three contestants of the Zen She Sweet Live Challenge presented by zench handcrafted sushi made fresh daily on site. Pick up Delicious Sushi before the game at Rouse and other local supermarkets near the deli counter. Still to come, we'll get to the keys of the game. We'll dive deeper into this pitchy matchup.
Speaker 1: But first and now joined by David Basseying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Rick.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers and Cubs have a Japanese marquee matchup tonight, Shota Imanaga for the Cubs and Yoshi Yamamoto for the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: It's nice to know that you read the headlines on social media and the newspapers. Yeah, and for the Dodgers to look at Yamamoto. Now, we do not know how long he's going to go into a ballgame, but has been a very long time, almost three and a half months. He's been on the injured list, which initially did not appear there was going to be that severe of an injury. It just kept him off the active rosters. So this comes at a good time because David, let's just base the facts. There are only eighteen games left in the regular season schedule, and the Dodgers at the present time have four starting pitchers technically still on the injured list. Now, Yamamoto is going to come off the list before tonight's game, but you still have three other starting pitchers that are on that injured list. Are they going to be ready? What is their timetable? We don't really know, And how are they going to feel once they really start to press themselves. I mean, this is an issue to have some hopefully some confidence in the medical staff and the development of the players. Because the clock is very loudly.
Speaker 6: It feels like the focus has shifted to holding on to their lead because now they have a significant one, to trying to see what they have with guys like Yamamoto, Tyler Glass now and whether or not Kershaw can get back in before the end of the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ed Kershow's tried different things. I know that you have tried to talk to him and see what was happening. It's been interesting what he has done in watching him throw in the bullpen. He had a tennis shoe on the left foot and a baseball shoe on the right foot. He's trying different things to see if he can relieve pressure off of a very uncomfortable left big toe.
Speaker 6: He seems more agitated when I watch him throw going through this rehab than he did with any of his arm or back issues, because I think he believes that this was such a I don't maybe unnecessary injury if it wasn't for a different type of cleat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's a good way to put it. Don't know, don't know what the pain level is. Is it something that could be taken care of medically? You know, we don't know, but it does affect you and if you cannot if you cannot operate with your drive foot, there's a lot of things that happened, you know.
Speaker 6: Did you ever have turfte Rick playing baseball?
Speaker 4: No, it had aches and pains, but I can't think specifically turf toe, And if it was, it was maybe for a day or two and that was just about it. What I understand is extremely painful.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 2: How about this?
Speaker 6: You have something in common with Cody Bellinger. You both played center field for the Dodgers and Cubs. And Cody let me know yesterday Rick that he actually checks the flags as you always tell us when you get to Wrigley Field.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, but we found out he's actually checking them too late because when we played day games, WGN at the time telecast all the games as well as the radio, and there was a morning news show, and they would if you look at the weather report, you can tell which way the wind's blowing. Trust me, Starting pitchers, visiting players, if they're not picking it up on the television with the weather reports as soon as they get on the bus, they're looking atop the buildings to see which way the flags are blowing well before they get to the stadium.
Speaker 6: Would that put you in a bad mood if you saw the flags blowing in No.
Speaker 4: Because I had this conversation, in fact, just last night with some of the Chicago people. I really believe that. You know, I don't have the specifics where I kept a record, but in my mind and thinking back, I thought the wind blew wind a little bit more than it blew out during the five years that I was there on a daily basis. So you're going to talk to Bellinger on the pregame show, on your pregame.
Speaker 6: He's coming up in a couple of minutes here right for us.
Speaker 4: Hopefully he's not too busy checking the flags here at Dodger Stadium, which are blowing out to right center field as we speak.
Speaker 6: No, he loves it. By the way, Max Munsey not too happy to hear me or over hear me say there was a belly bomb at Dodger Stadium last night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well there's a way to stop that. Don't throwing pitches down the middle.
Speaker 6: Hey, that's a great solution. I'll pass that along.
Speaker 4: Take that along.
Speaker 6: Yeah all right, Rick, Thanks, so how it works?
Speaker 9: Thanks?
Speaker 4: Ray, appreciated you thought Kershaw was cranky. Get that the Max get back to me.
Speaker 6: Okay, well do here's the scouting report. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot. DV Dodgers fans. Start your future to California and community college. Financial aids available to help with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fillow quickly, so enrolled today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview this pitching matchup. Stephen and Rick will be back with the keys to the game. But I'm next. We go Hi and tight it with Cody Bellinger Dodgers Cubs first pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This Morongo Cassino Dodgers hunts on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Cubs. Yoshiyamamoto is back first start since June, fresh off the il First pitching Dodger Stadium is coming up at seventy ten. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles, rank number one at California for pediatric care, find the right doctor at CHLA or and now.
Speaker 1: What will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high end tight.
Speaker 6: We're here with my guy, the one and only twenty seventeen National League Rookie of the Year, the twenty nineteen National League MVP, World Series Champion NLCS MVP, and breaking Dodger hearts here at Dodger Stadium last night, the one and only Cody Bellinger Man. So great to see you, Cody.
Speaker 2: What an introduction you deserve it.
Speaker 6: I feel like you get shortchanged in what you did in your Dodger career.
Speaker 7: I mean, you know, when I come back here, I really only have positive memories. And you know, when I'm out sure with centerfield, and this year I'm in right field and I'm having a fun with the fans, and they only showed me love as well. So and they only showed me love throughing the whole process, honestly, and so I'm forever grateful for that.
Speaker 6: I know those are new home run seats out there in right field. Are you hearing a lot more from the fans because of those seats against the wall?
Speaker 7: Yeah, they would in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you were in like no man's land in center fielder.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, You're right, right.
Speaker 7: Field is a little closer. I enjoy it, man, I'm having fun with them, you know, and like I said, they only showed me love, so I you know, I really appreciate them.
Speaker 6: When we caught up at Wrigley Field and just talking to you the last couple of days, it feels like, you know, people forget how young you were when you first got called up by the Dodgers, and you know, I have a tear in my eye because it feels like you've gone from a boy to a man here in the last couple of years.
Speaker 7: Yeah, definitely, man. I was even talking to my third base coach about that yesterday, just you know, the the not immature, but you know, just being young and being in the big leagues and trying to figure it out. And you know, now I'm twenty nine and I got two kids, and you know, I'm still loving the game of baseball, and you know, I'm just I'm just blessed.
Speaker 6: Do you feel like you know yourself a lot better than you did, maybe even three years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, I think you know, there's there's a learning there's a learning curve for everybody at some point in their career. You got to figure out, you know, why you're good as opposed to maybe just kind of doing it. And you know, I how to really figure it out and what made me special with what made me unique, and you know, just trying to be the best version of myself knowing that this game is so hard, and you know, not being too negative on yourself and just staying positive and.
Speaker 2: Just trying to help the team win.
Speaker 6: I heard Kursehat talk about when he became a dad, it gave him better perspective on the game of baseball. Have you felt that now that your dad times too?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean absolutely, man.
Speaker 7: You know, I love the game of baseball and I want to be as successful as I can. And you know, no matter what though it's a cliche, but when you go home and you see your kids and you know they they don't even really at least my girls don't even know what I do yet. You know, they're just excited to see me. So, you know, just honestly for me, the most important thing is being a good dad, you know, being a good role model for him, and but also motivates me on the baseball field. You know, I want them to you know understand, you know what I do, and it's kind of kind of keeps me going.
Speaker 6: What's it like being a girl dad?
Speaker 7: It's the best, you know, it really is the best too, you know, beautiful sweet girls, and so you know, love them, and you know, I just want.
Speaker 2: To be the best at for him.
Speaker 6: I love sharing you with the fans again, Cody. You know, no matter what team you're playing on, you will forever be known as a Dodger and always embraced here in the City of Angels. And you never know, things weirder things have happened. So I'll keep my my fingers crossed that one day Cody Bellinger will be wearing a Dodger uniform again.
Speaker 9: One day.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I appreciate man. You know, I love coming back here and I love seeing all my guys on the other side. Just you know, always good vibes at this stadium for sure.
Speaker 6: Hey, if Kemp Keith k can come back to the Dodgers, why not Cody Bellinger. Cody Honestly, it's great to see you. And if you ever have a flat tire on Michigan Avenue, I'd be there for you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. I know that for sure.
Speaker 6: He's the best. Cody Bellinger. Love this guy. We'll send it back to you in the studio. And thanks for joining us for another edition of Instagram Live presented by Navy and Tankless swater Heaters.
Speaker 2: All Right, thank you guys. Great to hear Cody Bellinger. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. But it's a game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com. Leading up to first pitch Dodgers and comes up next, We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. No debate here, we'll get into it. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Nowork.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deap on your home for the blue season long.
Speaker 2: It's Dodgers and Cubs on this Tuesday night, Game two of this three game set. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining. We look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup for is hit it by your Southern California Toyota Dealers turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four to coma see here a Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Shoulda Imanaga on the mound for the Cubs have been really good. The thirty one year old rookie left hander out of Japan's twelve and three with a sub three r race pitched eight seasons of Japan's before coming over to the States, making his twenty seventh start this year last time out. Seven no hit innings, seven strikeouts as he can by with this bullpen for a no no against the Pirates. Shoulda Amanaga ranks tied for six in the Major League and er amongst qualified starters. He leads all rookies in innings, pitch, strikeouts, and rakes second in wins. He faced the Dodgers back on April seventh at Ridley Field, four innings, no runs, two hits, three strikeouts in a no decision. Shinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers six and two, two ninety two e RA. Great to have him back on the mound for the Dodgers. He's been out since the middle of June Yeah, with the shoulders sore. This twenty six year old right hander signed that twelve year deal in the off season, making his fifteen start tonight. In two rehab starts at Triple A Oklahoma City, he went four innings with five strikeouts and two walks, allowed three hits just one home run. He's facing the Cubs for the second time of the season. Last time out against him on April sixth, the Wrigley, he went five scoreless innings. Yoshinobu Yamamoto starts brought to you by Eto wins Oil on Ja, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that Showeotani loves to drink Bilbia Lokle Daiso stores Amazon at Etoin dot Com. That's it Oe n dot Com Dodgers Cubs for fifteen minutes away from first pitch, keys to the game. Our next of Tim Kaates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Cubs on this Tuesday night. Yoshi Yamamoto on the mound with the Dodgers making his return. Dodger fans and Hatcher listening experience by download the iHeartRadio app. Been listening an HD It's all power by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos lakare dot org. All right, let's head back out to the booth, final check in before first pitch with Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys, all right, TC back here with Rick Monday and mo. It's going to be quite a spectacle tonight, especially if you are of Japanese heritage or a fan of Japanese baseball. Obviously I'm very biased and among that group, but you have some of the brightest stars from that country of Shohei Otani, the front runner for National League MVP. You have Yoshi Nobu Yamamoto making his first start since June fifteenth for the Dodgers. On the other side, you have Showtayimanaga, who did not get the big dollars that Otani and Yamamoto did this offseason, but he's had an all star impact for the Cubs in his first year in the majors. Suzuki a big bat in that lineup as well, not to mention Dave Roberts, So it should be quite a fun night here Dodger stage.
Speaker 4: I agree, and that's the exact word I was thinking about fun. And this is an international stage that we have tonight. I mean people are gonna be watching this all around the world for that matter. I mean this has grown a lot of attention. And with Yamamoto, the question is how long he's going to go. Dave Roberts says, look, fifty to sixty pitches somewhere in that area. Obviously they're hoping that it's not going to be a high pitch comp in that very first inning. And for Yamamoto, he faced the Cubs at regular field back on the sixth of April. The winning pitcher. He went five shutout innings in that one. Then we look at the other side of the ledger in Monaga. An interesting comment by Dave Roberts before the game. He was asked about it and he says, hey, quite frankly, with a smile on his face. He said, I want to beat this guy because if you look at the Inmanaga, he went four scoreless innings on April seventh against the Dodgers. That was a rain shorted, Otherwise he would have extended his outing in that particular game.
Speaker 3: And Imanaga coming off starting a combined no hitter for the Cubs last Wednesday, he went seven innings of the nine no hit frames for the Cubs. He threw a no hitter in MPB. He's the only pitchers part of a no hitter in both. Obviously a combined one it loses a little bit of its luster in the majors, but still he's got no hit stuff.
Speaker 2: It should be a good one.
Speaker 3: The Dodger's trying to even the series against the Chicago Cubs. First pitch on the way.
Speaker 2: Shortly, all right, Dodger fans, make sure you check out our friends at Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at Speedy Cash dot commerce stop in LA area Speedy Cash Store. Thank you Steven, Thank you Moe. We'll be back with them in just a few minutes here as we get you ready for first pitch, Dodgers and the Cubs, Game two of this three game set. Dodgers going into play tonight first place at tomp the mL West. We'll keep you up to date on what's happening around and scoreboard watching all night. David Vast has got you covered with the post game as well, get you a reaction, get Dodger talk as well. Dodgers Cubs Game two of this three game set is next. It's the return of Yoshi Yamamoto. Shut Out. I'm Naga on the mound for the Cubs. It's an international duel Dodgers Cubs, and we got first pitch next. Enjoy everybody. I'm Tim Kates. It's been Rocko Casino. Dodgers on Deck in Los Angeles. Dodgers Audio Network