Speaker 1: Stuck at home, bored and alone.
Speaker 2: You'd think I could have some.
Speaker 1: Fun on my own, but not ball. I am with Cecily and stick. What's up everybody, and welcome to bored a f We are recording this just so you know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you care. It's in your business, really, right? Why why am I so aggressive?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: And if I sound distracted, I'm gonna tell you why straight up. Okay, I'm gonna just tell you why straight up. My bestie from high school, and this is why I'm gonna put away my phone. But she just texted and she sent a collage that we'd made together in high school. We used to make these colages out of magazines, and we made a similar one called Boys of Summer, and we would just cut out the names of boys we liked and tape them onto this collage that we would like put on the wall.
Speaker 3: I mean, pretty fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: So and I have one that I posted, and hers is like that b ff with's sess. She would spell out sas Boys of Summer, Scott, rock and Bull because if you go to rock and Bull, all that right. And I have mine I posted on Instagram. Of course, you know, years ago, and she just sent me. She's like, I found this in our garage. I'm tossing some stuff, but I made sure to get a photo for you, And I just wrote back, do not throw this away?
Speaker 3: Do I mean nothing to you. You cannot you cannot.
Speaker 2: Find something like this and then be like, yeah, we're tossing. I understand. You have a family of four. You need to make room for like their stuff. You're not a border.
Speaker 3: I mean, I swear.
Speaker 2: I'm not a I'm very messy right now because I'm in a situation where I have a not well dog. So things are a little little topsy turvy over here. But I don't I have like a handful of things. I don't have a garage, so I have like a box of things that are like some memories, a couple, you know, journals, things from our childhood that we want. But let me tell you that collage ain't going nowhere. It's got to cut out picture of a guy named Billy that I liked. I cut it out from the yearbook and taped it onto the collage with like all the fun like movies like that was written now because we went to the movies once.
Speaker 1: I mean I have that stuff too. We've done We've done patreons where I had a list. I had a whole list of all the memories like with my best friend, like all of our private jokes, all of our memories. None of them sounded all familiar to me. But don't toss those, that's your I'm not tossing. No, no, no, I'm saying I have one of those boxes with all of those kind of memories. And ever when I go through it, it's so funny because I have found that list and it seems so exciting, and then I go, nothing, No, some of those it's like something like and I'm like, nothing, I got nothing.
Speaker 2: My friend Tanya and I used to have like a lot of the like very absurd specific things. Some of it I remember, but sometimes I'm like.
Speaker 1: What was yellow? What was yellow?
Speaker 3: Snow was just I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But I remember telling you about this old old memory that I have from this was high school, probably sophomore year. Somehow my friend and I had this we'd found like a Gi Joe type doll, but it was missing its legs and arms. So and we were and so we took a piece of paper and we folded it into so so much so that it was really really narrow, so that it was just like one long piece of paper, and then we stuck it through the armholes so that it looked like two paper arms. Then we did the same thing with the legs. Then for some reason, we would dance it around in Spanish class and we called it mister Sie and we would I don't know if I've ever laughed that hard before or since, And yet I don't know why, Like we would just secretly do it, like we'd hold it up, we'd bring it out and go, mister see it. And it was like the funniest thing. And we several times got kicked out of class or got the thing taken away. And I don't know why it was so fun Like I don't remember, like why that was very funny.
Speaker 3: I think things like that.
Speaker 2: I have a similar in seventh grade in my science class, we had like there was a skeleton, not a real skeleton, it was like a fake skeleton, you know, like a science skeleton. And he was in the corner and I named a Malfred and Missus Shipley. Our science teacher was like, do not name him, do not name him? Like, well, I feel like his name is Alfred, and she's like mad about that. And so every now and then my friend and I would try not to make eye contact because we Alfred was just right there. She'd be up talking and Alfred's just like behind her. We would see it and just it would just be so same kind of thing, like why is that so funny? But we couldn't stop laughing. We'd get in trouble and get kicked out. Sometimes. Do not name him.
Speaker 1: I I wish shall not be named. I know that you probably would never believe this, and I probably said this before, but I was such a troublemaker in elementary school all the way to early elementary school. I got regularly like disruptive, often disruptive in class. I was constantly trying to I think I told you in my neighborhood some of the moms wouldn't let their kids play with me because I was a quote bad influence in elementary school. I was always trying to get kids to do like bad stuff high school too. But I mean I would be the one that if, oh, one time, my friend Ginger, who lived across the street from me, her stepdad was an asshole, so or it was her stepdad or her mom's boyfriend. I can't remember. And somehow I don't know if I fully convinced her, but I was part of it to take Maxi pads and stick them all over his car, like hell yeah, hell right, And we got in so much trouble, and I think she was play with me, sive.
Speaker 3: I would have been mad with whoever took the mat.
Speaker 2: That's you know, yeah, that's true, dollars true, that's where you went wrong. It's not you know, you should have used I would have just egged the car. But then you get real, then you're then you're then you're it's criminal.
Speaker 1: But that was the least of my problems. I got in trouble for skipping school. I always had some kind of some kind of a scheme going for how I was going to get out of classes. I forged my parents' signal. I mean I did. I was so bad all the time.
Speaker 3: Would you say you bad? You know.
Speaker 1: I'm bad?
Speaker 4: I know it.
Speaker 3: You know it's not bad? Oh right, us tell us what's not bad?
Speaker 1: Okay? I want to talk about We have a new sponsor and I had them on another show, and I'm obsessed with this product. I know, everybody says they're obsessed with stuff they're sponsors have, but this is called laundry sauce, and it is.
Speaker 3: The talks about it all the time.
Speaker 1: I swear, I swear to God. I Cecily got sent some and I was like, is there any possible way I could have it?
Speaker 2: Because I'm given it to her because she loves it that much. I have her birthday.
Speaker 1: I've bought it for myself and it and I'm so happy. I've bought big boxes of it. Okay, so it's basically laundry pods, but they smell so good. So if you think regular laundry detergent smells good, it doesn't always last on your clothes, but these fragrances are so well, they're just so good and they make your clothes smell so nice and it lasts on your clothes and it's so easy. Take one pod and it does a whole load of laundry. And they also do like sprays, and they do dryer sheets, and they have all the stuff and they have just really good sense like pechuli, but good kind of pechuli and all like citrusy and just go look for yourself. Tell us how to get it.
Speaker 2: I will for a limited time only our listeners. Our listeners get twenty percent off your entire order when you use code rose Pricks at laundrysauce dot com. That's twenty percent off your order at laundrysauce dot com with promo code rose Pricks. After you purchase, they're going to ask where you heard about them. Please please support our show and tell them that we sent you. It's time to make laundry day the best day of the week.
Speaker 1: Also, and yeah for Hers, so you guys know that I've been on a GLP one for a while. I lost all the weight I wanted to lose. I feel great. I can wear all the clothes in my closet. It's it's so freeing it would I never felt deprived. I never felt like I was on a die that I couldn't wait to get off of. It just changes the way you kind of think about food. And for Hers can help you get it so that you can reach your weight loss goals. So feel like your best self again. Visit for hers dot com slash rose Pricks to get a personalized, affordable plan.
Speaker 3: That gets you.
Speaker 1: That's f O r H E r S dot com slash rose Pricks or hers dot com. Slash rose Pricks. Weight loss by Hers is not available everywhere. Prescription requires the website for full details, important safety information and restrictions.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, listen, I want to say something before we forget today, is that I believe the six year anniversary of board AF and we had said we were going to celebrate with like a video, we were going to do zoom. We never got around doing the zoom. But if people are interested in zooming with us on page, like if you join Patreon and maybe we'll do a zoom with some Patreons people. Oh yeah, if that, you know, if you want to, you know, let us know.
Speaker 3: Set like go on the board Facebook page and be like.
Speaker 2: We want a zoom zoom zoom, and like if we have enough people that want to zoo zom zoom. And I think we will because we did last time. We did this at the very beginning of COVID, So I think it would be a nice little thing we could do to say hard everybody. It's been a minute, but I just wanted to say happy anniversary to board AF. I mean we're over, we're well over a half a decade later of doing this.
Speaker 3: That's crazy to me.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's so crazy. Congratulations to us.
Speaker 2: I mean we're pretty awesome. Yeah, pretty awesome. Okay, now I want to get into I want to before we get into the thing we were talking about last night, which is something that was unfortunate and a fortunate thing that we saw on threads, I want to lead you into this with a different conversation that I had with an Uber driver a couple days ago. Okay, Okay, So I get I get into an Uber and that's it. No, and the guy was like he wanted to chat. He's like, we're talking. Oh, he says Cecily kept saying Cecily, Cecily. Is that Italian? They always say that. I'm like, no, that's that would be Cicily Cecily. And he's like, well, but is Italian name? I don't know why they need to know if it's Italian. I was like, no, it's very English, like it's very old English. I don't know why I have it, but it's not Italian. So I don't know why I'm telling the Uber driver and then his name was like I can't remember, but it was it was interesting, like a name I hadn't heard so I said, oh, what, that's nice name. Where are you from? And it was, oh my god, I don't want to miss say the country. It was like turk not Turkey, but Turkistan. Turkistan canis Turkistan. No, that's not right, Turkistan. You got to help me. I need some help. I don't know, that's what I said.
Speaker 1: Turkistan. It's something.
Speaker 3: Let me look it up and see if I can get it right.
Speaker 2: But yes, something like that, like yeah, well some somewhere near Kazakhstan, near there, okay, okay uh. And he was a nice guy and we were talking like what's it like over there? And how often do you get back? And is it pretty? What's like, is it green?
Speaker 3: What's it?
Speaker 2: You know? Why not driving this conversation? And then he was like, what do you think about what's going on in Iran? And I was like this feels like I said, well, you know, I'm going to really get into like I feel for you. Yeah you know yeah, And I just said, uh, I honestly think that war in general is just terrible. I don't trust the reasons for this particular invasion.
Speaker 3: I don't think evil.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, I don't think it was legal. It's all seemingly about oil. We don't seem to go liberate countries that are in trouble when they don't have oil, you know me, and and and he agreed. He agreed being on that, and then I was like, you know, blah blah blah. And he was like, what do you think about uh isral.
Speaker 5: O?
Speaker 3: Let me?
Speaker 2: I was like, let me just I go. I think it's I think war again is horrible. I think any innocent people getting killed anywhere, you know, whether they're kids, adults, I don't, you know, it's terrible.
Speaker 3: It's just bad. And I'm sad for it. I did.
Speaker 2: I really didn't want to go to and he was like, he goes, well, you know, and he was having a hard time like finding words because English wasn't his firs language, and he goes.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, like paled you.
Speaker 2: And so I was like, okay, I don't know where you're going with pale you, but I'm gonna I'm gonna go ahead and stop you because we were getting into throw the Jew down the waal Well.
Speaker 3: Territory like very quickly.
Speaker 2: And I think it's I think it's interesting that he was like grew up near Kazakhstan. So I was like, well, I go let me just let me just stop you. I am paled you, so I don't know what you're gonna say, but like, and he goes, no, no, no, no, But I mean like paled you like you know, like paled you, like you know, like from Poland or like, and I like, again, I feel like this conversation could just really we could really like take a lot of heartache out of this if we just stopped talking.
Speaker 3: I really feel like whatever you're gonna say.
Speaker 2: And he's like, no, no, no, I'm saying like Eastern European pale Jew, like how is Israel?
Speaker 3: And I was like, please stop. I will roll out of this.
Speaker 2: I will literally like get out of this car. And he just wouldn't stay kept saying pale Jew. And I was like, well, I never really knew where he was going, but I think I have an idea. It's the whole like go back to Poland, you Ashka, you know you're not the real Jew. That's what that's the other side of anti Semitism. And he was just saying it over and over and I don't know what the point was. I was sort of trying to listen, like, Okay, what do you a bad idea to be an uber driver in Los Angeles?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: And if you're going to say, like challenge people to defend Jews, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean to be fair to him. I guess you know. I did.
Speaker 2: Like he asked me a question, I went into it and we were I thought we were like, oh, what a nice like how interesting a different culture perspective and we can have this cool conversation. And I always have this thing where if somebody might not like Jews for whatever reason, I want to be the one that's like they met the best jew of their life. I'm the pigmy jew in the back of their uber and they change their mind. I'm going to leave the best tip I'm going to you know what I mean, Like I feel like it's all like the weight of the world is on me to prove to you how great I am. It's hard to explain, but I've always sort of had that where I'm like, let me see how I can you know, make sure we have this very gentle conversation, and then I'm going to be the one. And it's not even that he said, because I wouldn't really let him say whatever he was trying. He might have maybe he was giving me the best compliment of my life, but it did not feel like it to me, Like it felt like it was going in a direction, and so I you know, and I'm also like the backseat of the uber, like a little scared, like I, you know, want to just get to my destination and hopefully and it was fine. He was like, well, thank you for talking, you know, thanks for the conversation. I'm like, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 2: Cool, Well, like no, you know, no major issues, but he was trying to say something that didn't seem great.
Speaker 1: Well, are you definitely sure he was saying pale jew?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, Well.
Speaker 1: Then that if he's saying Jew in that way, I can't, I mean, he's being antisemitic.
Speaker 2: Right, well yeah, I mean he doesn't think he's trying to say, like, pale jew jew from Poland. As he kept saying na Nazi Jew and I'm like, are you trying to say Ashkanazi jew? And he was like yes, yes, yes, Eastern European Jew, rashad Jew. He just kept saying that, and I was like, what, we're Russian Jew? He meant he's saying. He's saying like us Ashkanazi Jews that he's trying to say have no like connection to Israel.
Speaker 3: And so that's what he was trying to say.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, Okay, I don't know where this could I don't know where this conversation could go. That's going to be good for me right now, right I don't need it. So I bring that up because I thought it was kind of funny. I love that he's like, okay, bailed.
Speaker 3: You, and I'm like, let me stop you right there, let me just stop you right there.
Speaker 2: And I think the funny like throw the jew down the well, like you know from a Sasha Bart was borat, that was borat. You know now we're living in it, we're living and throw it. We can now. People are so emboldened, so fucking emboldened that I were there and that was real. I mean that really happened, you know, like he was just like got them to sing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh I know.
Speaker 2: So now the reason I bring this up is because yesterday I happened to be on threads as I often am, and I saw a thread and I just pull up the screenshot. I saw a thread from an old comedian who hasn't seemingly worked in a long time. I don't know what he's up to. But his name is Christopher Titus.
Speaker 1: I think he doesn't he do? I think he's still pretty famous, right, doesn't he do? Like a lot of shows.
Speaker 2: Uh, I guess he still works as a comic. I I will tell you my experience with him back in the day. But yeah, that's gonna be in this thread. I don't know him. I don't know him now. So he goes on Uh, he goes on threads and he writes, well, after watching Trump keep deferring to Nan Yahoo about war plans, it's obvious we're now the United States of Jaw America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he people know though, to like, let just to start this off, sure, just so people know everybody put like people went lost their minds.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean so this was just a couple hours after the fact in the road that over a thousand comments.
Speaker 1: And they are all calling him, but also.
Speaker 2: Six hundred legs, he got a lot of likes, a lot. Don't don't think for a second that everybody was calling him out. No, No, the people on threads and people that we know, forget the Jimmy Doores. We know Jimmy dre we know how he feels. He's he's sort of never not felt this way. It's now just very popular to feel this way. And now he doesn't have to say Zionism anymore. He doesn't have to couch it in Israel, Nan Yahoo doesn't. Now he can just say what he wants to say. Yeah, they're controlling us, the media, but I'm not gonna let them because you know, Jews, Like, he's just flat out saying it now too.
Speaker 3: There's it's it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's worse than Rogan in my opinion, and that when it comes to stuff like that, right, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: So like and and he's not the only one.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of like who people that we would have thought would be friends, like left left of center, they are just losing their minds.
Speaker 3: So Chris Titus writes this because he's emboldened to do so.
Speaker 2: And then I noticed that someone that we know, Teresa Straus. I'm just gonna check it out here, Teresa, she wrote, Yeah, okay, who we both know. So she writes, this is kind of I'm gonna be honest. Okay, she writes, Chris I hope you're going to read it in the way it was sort of written, Chris, I hope you're okay. We hung out a few times when I lived in LA and I was dating your friend. We looked up to you because you got your own show and because your work was insightful and sometimes brutally honest. This is hard to see. It's embarrassed beneath you, both comedically and spiritually. I bless you on your way. I'm sorry life has done this to you. Sending you love and peace now.
Speaker 1: I wrote, I yeah, and I want you to get to what you said. And John John loved it by the way I read it to my husband, he was like, oh my god, that's really funny. But I just want to say that. And you know, I love Teresa. I think that that is her, that that's a real call out for her. She gives people a lot of grace, you know, Adam.
Speaker 3: Carolla and you're one.
Speaker 2: This is not the Teresa from yesteryears then this is because I just thought, I was like, this.
Speaker 1: Is this is I see. But I kind of liked it because I felt like it was like she she was really saying, like you're a piece of shit. But in a way that maybe she was trying to shame him into being like, wow, you are really that right crazy. Teresa's very big on her judaism, so I think that was just a take, Like I don't think she was being nice at all.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean it was either way, it was fine. It was just funny. I felt like Teresa and I did like a freaky Friday Yes Yes, which she said felt like something I used to say, because I'm kind of someone that was like hold on, hold on, he's noaking, come on, let's you know, you know how I am a Yasha and she's usually the ballbuster. But I was like so annoyed by both of these things. I mean, not Teresa, but by his saying and then a little bit by hers. So I just wrote, that's so funny, Teresa. I remember him trying to haggle with a sex worker in Montreal. Now I do remember that.
Speaker 3: But it is.
Speaker 2: Possible that it was another comic that I may have gotten them, sir trying to reach out to my old manager, because I know it happened with someone, but I think it was Chris. I'm almost positive it was Chris. I think it's tracked early two thousands. Yeah, I didn't like him. I didn't like it sight unseen't I mean, we met, We were introduced at the Delta Bar in Montreal, just for laps, and I remember just like having a vibe. But that's not what this is about. So he leaves this post up.
Speaker 1: And then put more, but also add in.
Speaker 2: What I said, Oh I'm going to I'm coming to it. So that post stayed up for a very long time. I just want you guys to know that people were like, dude, take this down. This ain't it. You can hate netanyahuo oh you want, but this is not it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So he leaves it up at least I want to say, twelve hours. Yes, So then other people were saying take it down, and then he writes, it's not anti Semitism if I have love for the Jewish people, but think that Netanyahu is a twat. The man destroying is the man destroying Israel. It's a no coincidence that he and Trump are Bagel buddies. Okay, that was a little anti semitic. Apologies. Now I don't have you. He's taken all this down, so I know you wrote something. You wrote something great, and I don't remember I can't find I don't have a screenshot of that.
Speaker 3: Do you remember what you wrote?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I basically said, yeah, I said, Hey, a lot of people are over here on this thread saying like, oh my gosh, Chris Titus, you're so funny. You know, you were always so funny. But my take is like a little bit different. Oh you know, oh saying saying, Chris, your your stuff is so you're so funny. I've always loved your comedy, but this, you know, is anti semitism. This is anti Semitic. And I said, and I guess my take is a little different, you know, because you've never been funny and this is anti semitism. Yeah, I liked it, Like I wasn't even trying to be that funny. I was like, he's I don't understand all the people that are going, you know, falling over themselves to say what an amazing comic he was, because he was never that funny to me.
Speaker 3: Not even at all.
Speaker 1: He's just you're not shby. He's always like one of those people that's like I have, you know, like a trauma in my past. Oh he's the come on and he's a good prove male, right, isn't he.
Speaker 2: He always always suck to me, and you know, you know, to the point where you can sometimes get upset with me, Like I'll say, people, I do not agree with Theovonne politically, I still think he's He still makes me laugh sometimes if.
Speaker 1: I if I go back and till one always have to say, like how much he makes you laugh?
Speaker 3: He makes me laugh.
Speaker 1: He's so transphobic, he's so awful. I don't know why, but I don't know why you always have to bring him up and then tell me that he's so funny.
Speaker 3: I give you an example of somebody that I like.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, Chris Titus is so unfunny, and I can just say he's funny.
Speaker 3: I used to think.
Speaker 2: Now I don't watch Theovonne because now I understand like he's a piece of shit. But before I one hundred percent knew that, and seeing all those things he had clips that made me laugh, I'm just saying he had talent. Joe Rogan even had talent. I saw Joe Rogan do stand up way back before he went off the rails, way way back, and he made me laugh. He had a joke about the Kardashians and it made me laugh. Christopher Titus never made me laugh. I'm just saying, like, there's even Chappelle who said terrible things about Jews and that you know, are thing trans people or anything like there was a time where he made me laugh. I didn't think he was the most brilliant comic in the world. I'm just saying, I'm not in retrospect going they have no talent, Chris Titus.
Speaker 3: I never saw having talent, which is to your point.
Speaker 2: What you wrote, Like, I'm like, I don't know, yeah, exactly why are people bending over backwards about whether he was funny or not?
Speaker 3: Because he was never funny.
Speaker 1: I don't just don't know why people are mourning the fact that, like, oh, they can't enjoy Christopher Titus anymore, Like who enjoyed him in the first place.
Speaker 3: It's not a loss, Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 1: I also don't understand. And this is the thing that I find very frustrating about our current politics. People like Christopher Titus, their feed is And I would only know this not because I ever followed him, because I didn't, so I could not even unfollow him up. Yeah, but one of the things that bothers me is that this is what we have kind of on the left because his thing was all very anti Trump. Yeah, so somehow somebody who's like, I'm on the right side of things, people, I hate this Trump guy, Okay, but then you also feel emboldened to go all the people that are to call us all.
Speaker 2: Jews, Ethny, this is exactly what I've been. This is what I've been screaming from the root colapse for a while. It's a problem, and it's fucking crazy, and it started a while ago, and now it's just like the ball, like you said, like he's just he's not scary. He thought it was going to get him points. Probably did get him some points from certain people that I like, you know, it's gone, it's off the rails, which is which is so scary to me too, because when I hear people like I hear I see on I'm on like a lot of Jewish threads or what I don't want to be it's just my algorithm, and they'll say things like well, I'm I'm a person without a party, and I will pop in as much as I can and say no, no, no, don't let this kind of chaos fuel you. You know who you're part you know who supports your more morals, like, you know, like you can still be a Democrat and vote for all the things that you believe in, for women, for LGBT, for all the things you believe in, and ignore the noise on the far left, Like just ignore it because it's all just bullshit to try to get you to not vote for them so that so that Trump will win. I you know a lot of them are bots. But then I used to always have that bot argument. But then I'm like, but then you have Christomatise and Jimmy Door and all these leftists who've gone crazy. Yeah, they always hated Jews, they just didn't have a safe place to say it, and now they feel they do. And that's really scary to me. But like, please still vote blue. Please, Oh my god. I mean obviously you, but like I just don't know why.
Speaker 1: Also, what's upsetting is it's no, it's no different to me. And you know, one of my things is like making jokes about trans people and being like, but I love everybody, like we can't you take a joke. It's the same thing for making thinking you're making a joke about Jewish people, like oh, bagel buddies or something. Like you think, I don't know how you think that's being funny, but also joke the United States of Jewe Marriica. Well that's not that. That's not a joke. That's just a call out of Jews. But I'm saying when you come back and go, oh, I'm just making a joke, Bagel buddies, trust me, everybody came for him and was like, oh my god, dude, you just doubled down, like you're just such a piece of fucking shit. But also, I guess this is my other thing. You're doing that at a time when there has been blatant violence against Jewish people A day.
Speaker 2: After the yeah, yeah, yeah, And no, I didn't hear from anybody. By the way, I think people are exhausted going like are you okay? Because they know I wasn't in Michigan, you know, at this whatever. But remember when you people used to do that. No one's knowing. There's so much of it that no one's even like mentioning it on a text thread. No, but I mean not many of mine. But you know, for different reasons.
Speaker 1: Well, every time there's violence against trans people, nobody, nobody goes in my feet and goes sorry, the world is so fucked up, right, Sorry, it's so hard to like, you know, I mean, it's just we're just used to it.
Speaker 5: I guess, I guess. But that's so scary too, that's so fucking scary. I mean, of course, like that's so scary. But back to the humor of it, Christopher tight it.
Speaker 1: I mean, the people came out of the woodwork to just be like are you what like are you okay? Like what you possibly thinking to him? Which is so funny though, because what I I'm I'm so happy that people like that show show their ass as you as you might say, because like, oh my god, let yes, let's let's pull these people out into the light and go. This person has always been a gigantic piece of shit.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to see, I'm trying to go to his his profile. He might have taken down the whole his whole profile, let me see. No he's still there, of course not. No, he loved it. He probably loved it. He probably was like I got more engagement than I've gotten in years. The bagel thing is still up there, oh is it? Oh No, he's doubling, he's tripling down. Now he's going after like, oh, the whole Gaza. How many kids and died in Gaza. So he's not talking about now, he's he's going back to like oh if someone said, you know, please please stop, you know whatever he's he's he's far left crazy and he does not feel bad about it. I wish he hadn't taken the other thing down. I actually really do, because like Benet's all out there, but everybody knows.
Speaker 1: Everybody wanted him to take it down. And I had the same thought as you. I was like, oh my god, leave it up, right, if that's how you feel, leave it up. It wasn't a mistake.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he left it up for so long. He left it up long enough. I don't see the bagel thing. But he's such a piece of shit. I was like, who is his agent? Well, we probably doesn't have one. Yeah, he probably did. He's oh my god, now he's just talking about the Torah.
Speaker 1: Well, since all the agents are Jewish, be pretty hard to like that was really was a mistake. You know, Jews run the entertainment business, as you know.
Speaker 2: As we all know, he says, the bad joke is the least of our worries, is what he's trying to say. Now he said that this was just not afterwards. Yeah, oh my god, I can't. Okay, let's get back to being funny. Well, I mean I if he's not going to be funny, then we don't need to Benny.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Else, I've been listening to his podcast a lot, and it's not like that. It's not that as silly as you would think. Our podcast. No, his podcast, Christopher Tey I have.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's something you so, Stephanie watched a movie speaking of comedians that are not very good. I begged you not to watch this. I told you I saw it like months before it came out.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, I could be wrong, but I feel like what you said is it's pretty harmless, Like, yeah, it's like something to watch kind of in the background, I thought, I, like you said, I was not gonna hate it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I said you were gonna, I don't know how you would feel about it, but I know that it cringed me out. We're talking about is this thing on h Bradley Cooper, not Bradly. He directed it and it's will Our Next but he's in it. Yeah, he's in it for some reason. For no reason, as like, I'll be Zach galivanagis, Yeah, I'm gonna I'll look like I'm gonna get a beard, and I'm just the guy.
Speaker 3: Really funny. We can't get Zach for it, so well, I'll do it. I'll just do it. Oh my god, what the hell?
Speaker 2: So he's Will Arnett is a struggling he's going through a divorce, he's having a life crisis. So he's going to start doing open mics. I threw up all the entire I threw up for like two hours. Chip liked it.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's what you're remembering.
Speaker 2: I was like, he was so easy on it, and right, I don't know, he's a kinder person than we are.
Speaker 3: He's just like it was fun.
Speaker 1: Okay. So my fear was going to be that this thing was going to be the next uh what's called? What was the movie with Tom Hanks, The and Sally Hill Punchline, which I was recently watched. I thought it was going to be the next Punchline, and it was. It was as bad as Punchline. It was like there might as well have been lockers in the in the changing room, in the change there might as well have been a changing room. First of all, let me just because I just watched this last night, So let me start right from the get go. For there's no reason that these two are getting a divorce, so like, at least have it be that she cheated on him. Okay, but whatever, This might be a spoiler, but they're just a couple with fairly young kids who I guess kind of don't get along because they're often in bad moods. Honestly, this is as bad as it is speaking as a person in a long term marriage, about as long as their marriage is. Because I've been with John for like twenty five years. It, yeah, you don't You're not fucking, you know, screwing like rabbits and having all this. It's a relationship. It's not bad. They're not even there and they're like, oh we're always fighting. There is nothing of them fighting or even being like cruel to each other. Nothing. So they open the movie with basically her brushing her teeth and they're I guess mad at each other, and she's like, well, let's call it, like, let's end our marriage, and he's like okay. Then for no reason, he moves into an apartment, which is huge, So she's in her house, so he immediately, but you don't know if it's immediate because the timing very much feels like Maestro. It's very Bradley Cooper directed. First of all, I hope that you remember this. You might not. At this point. The music was so aggressively jangly and weirdly jazzy and almost like horror movie music. The whole time it was aggressive. I felt assaulted and violated by this music.
Speaker 2: It was like this, yes, and like shots of him walking from the back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's trying to go for like a Birdman thing, which was a bird Man. I loved Birdman. Oh hated it. I knew you would. I I did really enjoy.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes it was like Birdman, but first a stand up comedian, yes, superhero as well. Okay, so here's what happens, and this is not I feel like this would be annoying, mostly to comedians. But he decides he goes to this comedy club and you even told me this, and I think you told me this on the show. But he doesn't want to pay the fifteen dollars cover charge, even though he's like a finance bro. Yeah, he makes tons of money, but he doesn't want to just pay a cover. They're like well, and he's like, oh, I have to pay, and they're like yeah, unless you're signed up to do stand up. So he signs up and then in like one minute, oh, they're like, you're next. First of all, let me just tell you something not you Cecily you know about open mic nights? First of all, was this from nineteen fucking eighty one. Because open mic nights basically are like four people sitting in a room that are also signed up, and you don't go on till one in the morning. There's no club that's in like New York or whatever, big city, a comedy seller that's got a hundred a great crowd, and you can just walk in and go like, I'll go up and they're like, well, okay, you're next. Then. So he's a comedian, So he goes up and he's horrible, right, which is realistic. He's just in a craze bird man.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: Also, don't forget he's got the Willernet voice, yes, which is a little exhausting anyway, and it's he's just like, I guess I'm getting divorced.
Speaker 2: And he's like rubbing his hair, you know, just like, what is even happening kind of doing like on so many levels, dude, I hate it.
Speaker 1: Yes, so he's he doesn't say anything funny, okay, nothing the whole time. There's a little bit of nervous laughter. Normally, though, if that happened, it would just be dead silence in the room, or people would just start talking amongst themselves. Nobody would be like, oh, you've got our attention, bro. What you got to say is this gonna go somewhere? It's terrible. Then afterwards he gets up and there's like comedians that are like, hey you, hey, you crazy open micer, get over here, come sit at the main comics table. First of all, there's no fucking comics table.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna push back a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna push back on this one because I thought about it a lot. I please hear me out, don't yell at me. I think there might be in New York. I really do think they kind of do that in New York. I know it's not like that in La.
Speaker 1: Oh No, but I think they know because I've talked to Bonnie about this many times.
Speaker 3: Okay, and who hang out?
Speaker 1: Who's at the Yes, there is a comedian's table, but they are very strict on who can sit there as much.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna be like, hey, who are you divorced? Guy has a ceiling. Yeah, no, that you're right about that.
Speaker 3: And also for like.
Speaker 1: Dave Chappelle, that's for the comedians that have been doing stand up for thirty years. That's not for just some open biker's not gonna sit PLoP himself down at the table and they're gonna go like, oh my god, let's give you some tips.
Speaker 2: Also, can I please point out like how bad all the comics that same as Punchline, where like they had other comics go up and none of them were funny. It was like so fucking bad, and was so was like, oh, this is like the lesbian woman, and then this one is the one. She's kind of she's like sex pat she's a comedy slut. I'm not saying I wasn't a comedy slut. I'm just saying that she doesn't have to be like act yes, y'all, y'all like, calm down, this is bad. And they played themselves so they're bad. Act like they're they're not good actors.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. So then that and I won't I'm not going to go through the whole movie, but just the things that made me so so mad. Uh So, like he goes up, I want to say twice and then they're like and he doesn't do well either time. He doesn't have jokes. In fact, at one point he makes kind of like a jokey joke that's so cringe that you're like, are you fucking kidding? Also, he acts like he's never heard of stand up comedy before. It's his whole demeanor is like what so like, which stand up? You just get up? We just talk tell stories.
Speaker 2: This never stops really just doing jokes about my very important that you do.
Speaker 3: It like that.
Speaker 1: But he also makes it really clear to people. He's like, yeah, I'm not doing like jokes. I'm just doing like stories about my life. That's not how it works you. It's not just stories about your life. That isn't stand up. That's that's not even spoken word like therapy. Yes that you have to have a joke if you want to say. It's like all comedy where we used to tell stories. Okay, yeah, but there were jerkes, funny stories. Oh my god, Yeah, here's this crazy thing that happened. No, it's not like you know, I just uh, who am I anymore?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And then applause breaks and then just everyone haking, like just just the gross like dismissiveness that he hooks up with a comic. She's like, you better get out of here. I gotta get to work, so you gotta leave. Yeah, she's like, are we gonna fuck? We're gonna fuck?
Speaker 1: First of all, people don't just have sex.
Speaker 2: Well, we the with open micers. But yeah, he's having a nuld down. He has oh the two pay we're not even we haven't talked about. They have fucking wig he's wearing. That was crazyh my god. Podcast that's doing entire let's launch today. We are launching Will Arnett Wig podcast. I don't know how many episodes we're gonna have.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then and then I know you brought this up, but the Bradley Cooper character is just like a beard and you don't and it has to sort of do with the friendships and there. I don't know if they're friends from college, but they're just like, right, you don't know who anybody is. There's no character, there's no character build up, there's nothing is happening in this in this movie, except that then, after two times doing an open mic, he gets a call and they're like, do you want to come do this gig? And he's like fuck yeah, And he tries to find a babysitter for his kids, but his ex wife won't watch the kids, so he drops him off of his parents and he goes and does this gig. Meanwhile, she's on a date his ex wife yes, and then very coincidentally, yes, she shows up.
Speaker 2: That date leads to a weird to the comedy seller. I mean yes, you know how, you know how that happened, and.
Speaker 1: Just in time, because every time he walks into the comedy club, they're like, you're next. They're like, you're you're next, and then and then the guy before is like, and that's my time, and then they're like coming to the stage, Alex Pete Keaton or whatever the fuck his name is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, every time he walks it, he's next, You're next.
Speaker 3: Oh no, oh god, I gotta get my notes.
Speaker 1: And here's the spoiler. Here's a big spoiler for you. So he gets back together with his wife, but for no reason. You know why, because they never should have split up. In the first place. It was just a narcissistic bullshit, like, I don't know, we're not happy all the time, let's separate. Oh okay, you know what'd be cool. Let's just be unhappy together, no reason, just fucking people.
Speaker 3: What was the point.
Speaker 2: I think you're really under selling the part that she just happened to go on a date and then like go next door to a comedy club where she did not know he was doing stand She didn't know he was doing stand up at all. Then she happens to walk in when he's performing and or whatever, and he's doing jokes about her yes, like what are the odds of all of those things? And she's and it's Laura Dern and so her eyes are getting all watery. She's like like her facial expressions were a little much too, just oh my god. I was always kind of smiling like open her chin crazy. I'm like, this is everybody's way. I can't take this. No, And then she's like, oh my god, that was hot. First of all, it was not hot. He didn't get any laughs. And she's like, let's fuck. So now they're back together because of his stand.
Speaker 6: Up and smoking in bed, there's just so many things. I just I can't but I want to say this one thing before we before we go or whatever. But in the in the trailer for that, so occasionally i'd see a commercial for it m and the way they put.
Speaker 4: It together, so it was just like, uh it was it was will Learnet, like, oh, I gotta go do this open mic and then they ad rd one of the children saying, what's an open mic?
Speaker 2: You didn't actually no child after that was literally a voiceover in the commercial. I was like, no one's talking about this. So we're just too busy talking about the Middle East?
Speaker 3: Right now? Are we have?
Speaker 2: We lost the plot here? Oh my god, this is the problem. This is why we're at wore Chris Titus. I really think we brought it around in many ways, like what like was the points though.
Speaker 1: I'm so mad that this was one of the biggest releases, Like this is a Bradley fucking Cooper movie. Why I know it it?
Speaker 2: Really they really tried to get some Oscar They released it just at the beginning of Oscar season. That's why I got to see it really early. I think I saw it in like September October. Didn't come out till November and it didn't gain any traction. It didn't get anything, not Critics Choice. We're, if I may say, as someone in the Critics Choice Association, we are like the first to start voting on things. So they send it all out to us, but we get to go first, so we kind of do set the tone. People can do whatever they want if they're in the academy, they can change they can change it, but we sort of set the tone.
Speaker 3: We're like, no, no on that one.
Speaker 1: But on Rotten Tomatoes, the critics loved it, American critics.
Speaker 2: But look at someone of the critics. I mean, sometimes there are real critics, but there's a lot of I'm I'm Rotten Tomato. I could be on Rotten Tomatoes like I'm allowed to post on there I've passed or whatever I'm supposed to do, but I just never do so anybody really, I mean a lot of them are just blogs. A lot of I don't really trust that anymore. But at the end of the day, I probably would have given it a tomato over a splat.
Speaker 3: Because I like didn't hate it.
Speaker 2: I was still like I'd rather spend time in that movie than a million other movie.
Speaker 1: Hated it so much.
Speaker 2: And I kind of I kind of like hated love love hate it, like it was fun to hate it a little.
Speaker 3: Oh, I could not understand it, like Will r Ned is not.
Speaker 2: It's not like there's anyone that's like, oh my god, this is just such bad acting.
Speaker 3: Like they're still good acting in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't think. I I think Bradley Cooper is overrated. And I'm going to say something that's gonna be very controversial right now.
Speaker 3: I'm ready did not.
Speaker 1: I'm the only person that I know in the world that really didn't like silver Lining Playbook. I just didn't.
Speaker 2: I was really literally bracing myself. I was like, please don't say so little sniwerlying plays It's one of my favorite movies of all times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of people's favorite movies. I've seen it several times and tried to like it more, and I don't. Well, he didn't direct that, but I I just think he's so overrated. That's fine, listen. And he also just so loves himself. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you on that. And I know, like I don't know, I don't really know him as a human. I mean, we're good friends. And he's here right now. It was with a little fucking awkward so like, you know, chill out on the Adlie uper A, h Adli bay uper A. Okay, but he I love silver linings. I would say to see it again, but if you've seen it a few times, then it's just not for you.
Speaker 1: It's just not It's okay, it is okay. It takes all kinds.
Speaker 2: You know, there was something you loved that I didn't and we just couldn't explain it, Like was it the bear?
Speaker 1: Was it the bear that I didn't love? The bear?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I hate the bear.
Speaker 2: Everyone loves the bear. I'm definitely in the I didn't like ted Lasso that much either. I was like, I don't guys, but I didn't give it a.
Speaker 3: Lot of time.
Speaker 1: I didn't love ted Lasso either.
Speaker 2: Okay, that makes me feel better because sometimes you're like, what am I missing? I don't know what I'm missing.
Speaker 3: With the bear? Can I turn this thing off?
Speaker 2: I don't know why I can't turn off the noise that my Mac makes when a when a new email comes in.
Speaker 3: I literally don't know how to turn that off.
Speaker 1: Well I can't hear it.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good, all right? Guys.
Speaker 1: Anyway, listen what we did, and we have some shout outs.
Speaker 2: Let's do our shout outs to our friends, the people that have been here with us for six years, a lot of them for six full years.
Speaker 1: Happy six years, happy Patrion, Well that's not weight.
Speaker 2: Well, Argely, well not Patreon anniversary, but okay, so yeah, just bored af aiversary. Like Randy may Ames. I mean from the jump, she is, she's ride or die. She has ride or die, Yes, Carolyn Bastian Silvano, Jimetti, Sandra Green, Collette Rock, Patrick Price, Julie Turnbull going with that.
Speaker 1: Victoria Blake and Andrea Crawford and Dick Frolicker and Ishan Fajpe, Carrie Maller take.
Speaker 2: It, Karen Johnson Watson, Jill Shaw, Athena Gunshard, Sean Price and my old friend and Kate Denado.
Speaker 1: We love you.
Speaker 2: If you guys want to use any of just just do like Randy Mayames and give five dollars to any charity. The world is on fire right now, so pick one, throw some throw some time or money out. Even if you don't have money, maybe you could just share something that would be information that could help somebody how about that.
Speaker 3: Got that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yah right, yeah, that's it. We love you guys, and we will see you. Oh we have some If you're watching The Bachelor, we're doing our cast roasts and you're open, you're already on Rose Pricks, that's where you're listening, so tune in. They're all they're all free on our regular feed this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do that.
Speaker 2: And of course, uh, if you're not on Patreon for either, join up because we've got lots going on.
Speaker 3: Geez all right heye