Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Pictures Media Radio. Welcome to Policy and Rights, the show about Dolcorent Policy and Human Rights. Welcome back to Policy and Right here Fictions Media Radio. I'm your host. Michael cloggs. Oh, yeah, as we know that that it's one of the one of the the problems that we're having right now is of course war and it's been a part of human life for well, it's been a part of human life for as long as there's actually been human beings in disagreement that rather than you using words and other ways of various communications, that we just try to kill each other. All right, that's out there and set Why is it that in our modern error of humanity that everything has to be either polarized or politicized and Palestine versus Israel, Israel versus Lebanon, Israel, versus versus Iran is isn't any different. It is becoming a a political campaign when we look at look at things that there there are innocent people dying. The media is trying to paint it as that the people have voted in terrorists because they want terrorists to run their country, when that's not true that in many cases that warlord factions who have taken over the territory and either you vote the way they want you to or they will flat out kill you, or that or that there's other economic reasons why your vote vote was was curbed. And you heard in a previous episode when I was speaking with another friend who is actually in Lebanon, who does does not stand with He doesn't stand for Israel, doesn't stand against Isel. He believes that Israel has to remain as a state. We shouldn't go backwards, he but he at the same time, he believes that Palestine should have a place itself and that the Hamas on October seventh, twenty twenty three, they did wrong and they should suffer a consequence for the wrongdoings that they did. But that shouldn't be polarized or politicized. That should just be a thing that we know that if you take hostages, you kill people, that there is a consequence. The same as if you fire rockets at another country, there is going to be a consequence. If you say that you want peace, but you keep buying weapons and you keep firing those weapons off, then there might be a problem with you saying that you want peace. Okay, so at the same time, when we look at other countries that are actually building and supplying those same weapons, you say you want peace, then you should be limiting the number of weapons that are built and sold. That it should be a industry that has a very limited a very limited profit margin, because there is a control on how many weapons are actually out there. But you say that you want peace, and you say that you don't want the wars to continue, Okay, then we're gonna add another layer to this. We're gonna add a layer because you're gonna hear in the in this episode, Pierre Pouvier and Justin Trudeau as they speak about the actions that happened in in in Palestine and Israel from last year and how the war is war there is now a year old, and how they're commemorating and memorializing the people who were killed a year ago in Palestine in Israel because the Hamas did something. They are also saying that asking for the mayors and the premiers across Canada to do something about the anti sematic protest. But it's how they're defining the anti sematic protests. If you are saying that another country besides Israel deserves equal rights, then you're being anti semitic. There is is along with us. I'm going to share a couple a couple of photographs that a friend of mine, Bob Homer, took at a rally in Vancouver, asking for the United Nations to come up with a solution so that Palestine has a free state, that Palestine will will also be recognized equally as a country. And those types of rallies are now to be deemed, according to Justin Trudeau and Pierre Pouvier, any somatic that it shouldn't happen, and Justin Trudeau, as the Prime Minister of Canada is asking premiers and mayors to limit those protests. That is one another another layer, another complete layer. We're also going to hear as Melody jo Lay speaks about some of the things that Pierre Pouvier said, and she is now campaigning for the Liberal government against the Conservative government because she starts speaking about white supremacy. See people, they could be sitting in Parliament on the Conservative side of the table. Okay, So she accuses mister Povier of speaking out of both sides, that he does not curb anti symiticism in his party. So How can he stand in front of a crowd of people and say that he is in support of the Jewish people when he won't curb the white supremacy people that are or get rid of the the white supremacy people that are in his party. Why does it have to turn into a political campaign? Okay, simply put, and this is my opinion, and take it. Take it for as my opinion and not necessarily as as fact. Even though there are some facts.
Speaker 2: Fact that.
Speaker 1: The the whole Zionist movement in the Middle East started well over one hundred years ago. Matter of fact, he can be it might be dated as far back as the eighteen nineties. And another fact that at the end of World War Two that the United Nations okay, at the time, the United Nations was mostly the United States and the United Kingdom coming together and deciding that there should be a Jewish state and placing that Jewish state rights back in the middle of the Middle East and landing it in what we now know as Palestine. They rounded people up into camps and they moved them from their homes to other places around the Middle East. Okay. And next next fact, okay, that there are probably in the Middle East, there are there are let's look at Let's look at Lebanon for an example. Okay, Lebanon is about sixty percent of the people there practice some form of Christianity. Well, let's that's set for a second, and let's think about what we here being reported to us by other media sources. They're saying that it is a completely Islamic state and that other religions such as Christianity and Judaism aren't allowed to be practiced. But yes, Christianity and Judaism are openly practiced in Lebanon. That before they created the state of Israel out of as part of what was Palestine, that there were already Jewish people living in that area before they created it, and they welcomed the Desionist movement to join in their community and live peacefully among everyone who is there. Well, what happened? Why is it that we see what we do today? If those were if if what I just said is even remotely true, So who is and I leave you with this question, who is really promoting a war and who and what owns most of the industry that creates the weapons of war today? Okay, so w we we are gonna hear some recordings today. Uh from like I said, Uh, we're going to hear from Justin Trudeau and Perre or Povier as they were added address a very needed address. Let me let me make sure that we got this straight, a very needed address on what is happening in the Middle East and that we do actually need to curb any bigotry towards the Jewish people in Canada, the United States or anywhere else in the world. That does need to actually happen. We don't need to see synagogues being blown up or or defamed in in any way, the same as we should not see any mosque or church have that happen, or any other religious center be destroyed or defamed. No, that is wrong. So this, this speech does need to happen because we do need to speak to people so they understand that bigotry is not going to be tolerated anywhere in the world. Okay, So we're gonna hear from Justin Trudeau and Pierre Povier as they do actually make some really important statements about bigotry. Were also are gonna hear from Antonio Guerrerez as he is going to make a statement about the happenings and what is ongoing in the Middle East. And we're also gonna hear from uh Melanie jolt As she is speaking about again what is happening in the Middle East and the and they all are gonna make important statements. Understand the importance of eliminating bigotry in the world and the the importance of eliminating war in our world. As you listen to what these global leaders have to say out what is happening in our world right now?
Speaker 3: Good afternoon.
Speaker 4: Second Chary John makes some remarks.
Speaker 3: Then we'll have time for one or two questions.
Speaker 5: The nightmare in Gaza is now entering an atrocious Abomino noble second year. This has been a year of crisis, humanitarian crisis, political crisis, diplomatic crisis, and the moral crisis over the last year. Following the horrific terror attacks perpetrated by Hamas on seven October, Gaza has become ground zero to a level of human suffering that is hard to fattom. More than forty one thousand peoples have been reportedly killed, mostly women and children. Thousands more are missing and believed to be tre apt under the rubble. Virtually the entire population has been displaced, and no part of Gaza has been spared. Generalists have been killed at a level unseen in any conflict in modern times, and humanitarians, those who have dedicated their lives to helping others, are facing unprecedented epic dangers. A record number, including so many members of our Yun family, have paid with their lives. The vast majority of those killed were part of the backbone of humanitary relief operations in Gaza Undhua in the midst of all the upheaval. Undua moderan ever, is indispensable. Undua moder than ever is irreplaceable. That is why I've written directly to Israeli Prime Minister Benjaminitaniau to express profound concern about draft legislation that could prevent UNRU from continuing its essential work in the occupied Palestinian territory. Such a measure would suffocate efforts to its human suffering intentions in Gaza and indeed the entire occupied Palestinian territory. It would be a catastrophe in what is already an an mitigated disaster. Let's be clear in practical terms what such a measure would mean operationally. The legislation would likely deal a terrible blow to the international humanitarian response in Gaza. Rous activities are integral to that response. It's not feasible to isolate to any an agency from the others. It would effectively end coordination to protective and convoys, offices and shelters serving hundreds of thousands of people. Without UGU, the delivery of food, shelter, and else care to most Gazes population would grind to a hole. Without UNDRU, Gazza's six hundred sixty thousand children would lose the only entity that is able to restart education, risking the faith of an entire generation. And without UNDRUA many health, education and social services would also end in the occupied West Bank, including is Jerusalem. If approved, such legislation would be diametrically opposed to the end Charter and in violation of Israel's obligations under international law. National legislation cannot alter those obligations, and politically, such legislation would be an enormous setback to sustainable peace efforts and to a Tuesday solution, fending even more instability and insecurity. This draft legislation comes at the situation in which Gazza is in a death spiral. The latest developments in the North are especially dire. We are witnessing a clear intensification of military operations by Israel. Residential areas have been attacked, hospitals ordered to evacuate, an electricity katoff with no fuel or commercial goods allowed in Around four hundred thousand people are being pressed yet again to move south to an area that is overcrowded, polluted, and lacking the basics for survival. Consider the situation for a family in the Jabali refugee camp in the North. They were ordered to leave their homes in October twenty twenty three active operations subsided and they returned. They were runs again ordered to evacuate. In December twenty twenty three, active operations subsided and they returned. They were ordered again to evacuate. In May twenty two twenty four, active operations subsided and they returned, and just these months they were once again ordered to evacuate. The conclusion is clear there is something fundamentally wrong in the way this war is being conducted. Ordering civilians to evacuate does not keep them safe. If they have no safe place to go and no shelter, food, medicine, or water, and no place is safe in Gaza, and no one is safe. International law is unambiguous. Civilians everywhere must be respected and protected, and that essential needs must be met, including true humanitarian assistance. All ostriches must be released, and I strongly condemn all violations of international humanitarian law in Gaza. Meanwhile, southern Gaza is overwhelmed, supplies are running law and Israeli authorities are only allowing a single and safe road for aid from the Keremshalom crossing, where humanitarians face active hostilities and violent armed looting fueled by desperation and the collapse of public order and safety. I've worked for months of the risks of the conflict spreading, and the Middle East is a powder keg with many parties holding the match. The situation in the occupied West Bank is boiling over, and now in Lebanon, attacks including on civilians, are threatening the entire region. Over the last few days, exchanges a fire between as Ball and others in Lebanon and the Israel Defense forces have intensified across the Blue line in total disregard of Security Council Resolution seventeen oh one and fifteen fifty nine. Large scale Israeli strikes deep into Lebanon, including Beirut, have killed more than two thousand people over the last year, and one thousand, five hundred in just the past two weeks alone. The tall has already surpassed the twenty two and zero twenty the two thousand and six war in Lebanon. Attacks by Esbula and the other souls of the Blue Line have killed at least forty nine people over the last year. Lebani's authorities report over one million people have been displaced in Lebanon and three hundred thousand people have fled into Syria. Over sixty thousand people remain displaced from northern Israel. Recently, the IVF started in cussions across the Blue Line. We are on the verge of an all out war in Lebanon, with already devastating consequences, but there is still time to stop. The sovereignty and territory integrity of all kinds must be respected, and members of our own peacekeeping force in Lebanon UNIFIL continue to carry out their mandates to the extent possible. The mission relies on full compliance by all parties, and I want again to express my gratitude and admiration to our peacekeepers and troop contributing countries. The men and women of Unifeel are serving in what is today the most challenging environment for peacekeepers anywhere. All actors must ensure their safety and security, and we must do far more. On the humanitarian front. The four hundred twenty six million US dollars in Meditanian ade appeal for Lebanon is only twelve percent funded. I urged donors to step up. The ladies and gentlemen of the media. The conflict in the Middle East is getting worse by the hour, and our warnings about the urific impact the escalation keep coming to pass. Every air strike, every missile launch, every rocket fired pushes peace further out of rich and makes the suffering even worse for the millions of civilians got in the middle. That is why we cannot and will not give up on our calls for an immediate ceas fire both in Gaza and Lebanon, the immediate and conditional release of hostages, and the immediate life saving gay to all those who desperately needed. And that is why we cannot and will not give up on our calls for irreversible action for a two stage solution between Israel and Palestine. All people in the region deserve to live in peace.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you, mister Secretary General naviil abisab Alarabi TV station. Yesterday the Iranian Foreign Minister in Beirut said for the ceasefire to take place in Lebanon, it should first take place in Gaza. Do you think this is a constructive position and helps to reach a political solution? And what's the first step about seventeen oh one, the roadmap to implement seventeen o one, what should be the first step?
Speaker 5: We are asking for a ceasefire both in Gaza and in Lebanon.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Yvonne Marie Irish Television.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much. Sexually, General Levon Marie Arty News. My question is about you mentioned UNIFIL and the peacekeepers there, as you know the Israeli Army. The idea is set up a firing position right adjacent to out post six y five two, where Irish soldiers are currently stationed. What are your concerns now as the fighting move forwards, moves northwards towards larger UNIFIL camps.
Speaker 5: We are naturally very concerned. Yesterday I had a chance to speak with your Prime Minister. And after that I did a number of the march with different entities, and I can now tell you that those Israeli tanks and other armed elements that were around the six fifty two positions have left, and I strongly appeal, strongly appeal to both parties to fully respect the safety and security of UNIFILM.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Good evening, as far Ron, Thank you, Adam merge U, Viksim Usurvivan, the Lata terrorist Gusett, doctor Perpetre Barramas, misur Tu Merci Davorgenzi at Ceremoni, solneregrand and Portans. Thank you to the parliamentarians from all parties who are putting partisanship aside to be here today, including members from my cabinet, Ministers Bill Blair, Meleni, Joli rif Errani, Mark Miller, Carriina Gould, Gena Suddz, Terry Beach, Camelca, Brandy Bossaneau, Marcy, Ian Ritchie Valdez, Ahmed Hussin and Stephen McKinnon, along with MPs Jasser Nacvi, Anita Vandenblt, Mari Franz Leland, Julie de Bruson, Valerie Bradford, Francesco Serbara, Judy Scrowe, Terry Dugod, Lisa Hepner, Ali Essassi, and Joyce Murray. Three hundred and sixty five days ago, we were all shaken to our very course. As we Canadians woke up on a peaceful autumn morning, Israelis and Jews across the globe were living a nightmare. Twelve hundred innocents murdered, young revelers with their whole lives, whole lies ahead of them, slaughtered, entire communities burnt to the ground, children traumatized and orphaned, women raped and mutilated, Families shattered and broken. Over two hundred and fifty people forced into captivity at the barrel of a gun.
Speaker 4: His single deadliest day for Jews since the Holocaust. I want to sit with them for a second. Almost eighty years since the end of the Holocaust, almost eighty years since we collectively said never again. Terrorist organizations like Hamas, like Hezbollah, like the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps still seek to harm Jews just because they are Jews. That's not being a freedom fighter. It's terrorism, vile, anti Semitic terrorism, and it makes me sick to my stomach. But the trauma of that day did not end on October eighth. What makes this barbaric attack that much more agonizing is the fact that you are reliving this nightmare every single day. You relive it when cowards shoot and smash the windows of your schools and synagogues in the middle of the night. You relive it when Antisemites wave the flags of Hamas and Hezbollah and the streets of our cities. You relive it when too many of our fellow Canadians downplay or dismiss your pain, telling you that the generational trauma you carry and the anti Semitism you experience somehow isn't real. You relive it when the term Zionist is tossed around as a profanity, a label for something other than what it truly means, believing in the right of Jewish people, like all people, to determine their own future, a right this government supports and always will. No one in Canada should ever be afraid to proudly call themselves a Zionist. And somewhat ironically, you relive it when you must conceal the location of this very event for fear of violence. Let me be frank. I believe it is unacceptable for any of this behavior to be normalized. It is incumbent on me and on every leader, from premiers to police chiefs, to give anti Semitism no quarter, to stop this rising hate and to reverse its spread. And yet, in spite of the pain that you live with every day, you've all shown your remarkable resilience. In the hours immediately after October seventh, you came together as a community to stand by each other, to help those displaced by the attacks and the hostage families going through untold suffering. You've shown that the depravity of these terrorists will not break your spirit, that they will not take away your joy.
Speaker 8: You continue to.
Speaker 4: Proudly embody the motto that defines what it means to be a Jew. I'm Israel Raim, the people of Israel Live.
Speaker 7: Paolo Sutu Jessica, vuignia vischma juzail, Simon kiir vumin and parsi de vumain let uttage quistrov gaza sulibiri so in person don av it so in person kissubis. The torture de sibis it is meliac imaginable. The two se plemont in acceptable new devo metrope. That's a conflict, a quat allege manitire destiny who something the midiate the Gaza kissuf.
Speaker 4: La Ramas deposed his.
Speaker 7: Arm, abandon the controlled the Gaza Romney, the hotage Chaser de met no new devo in for Porto Rottolanski a porte comre in destruction Ebadi Renefner, Major Epu Secur Retire Police Israelia, income pro Palestinia.
Speaker 4: Before I conclude, I want to take a step back, look beyond the horrifying numbers and statistics, and remember the people. Remember Vivian Silver, a Canadian Israeli women's rights and peace activist who devoted her life to building bridges between Israelis and Palestinians. Souvenivou Alexandre look game.
Speaker 7: Protegi is ote person Algi Festsivaldo music Nova, souvenivou de Netta Epstein, Renamura, Nazzur Trefer that sony rita Canadianiki si asutis reingrenade orsuvi SEFIENSI.
Speaker 4: Remember Judith Weinstein, a compassionate mother of four whose family spoke and glowingly about what an incredible person she was when I had the honor of meeting them a few months ago. Let us remember twelve hundred innocent souls taken from us far too soon. May their memory be a blessing. But more than that, may their memory be a revolution, a revolution to bring about a world where violent jew hatred, like the attacks of October seventh, are unimaginable.
Speaker 2: Mercy, the Green.
Speaker 9: Ships shalong, Mercy, thank you. Today our ears are filled with the echo of horror. Our eyes are darkened with the shade of genocidal.
Speaker 10: Cruelty.
Speaker 9: Three hundred and sixty five days ago, today we saw exacted upon the Jewish people the worst and most deadly attack since the Holocaust, an attack carried out by a genocidal death called Hamas. They targeted, deliberately targeted civilians, children, They burned people alive, tortured children in front of their parents, They mutilated dead bodies, and then they displayed their cruel, sadistic, diabolical horrors in posts that they would put on the Internet, not even trying to conceal their evil. And why did they do it not because there was an occupying force they were trying to expel. Israel had voluntarily expelled itself from Gaza fifteen years ago, through the incredibly painful and even controversial decision to arrest its own citizens and drag them out of the Gaza Strip into Israel proper, leaving Hamas the ability to govern that land without any interference whatsoever from Israel, but with of course, total occupation by the terrorist regime in Tehran. And why now, why at this moment, suddenly after fifteen years was it because war was breaking out? Exactly the opposite. It was because peace was breaking out Israel. Israel had just successfully signed the Abraham Accords with multiple Muslim Arab states, with momentum towards a potential deal with Saudi Arabia. Imagine that the Jewish state signing a peace deal with the home of Mecca and Medina. What a bright new era that would be for everyone, everyone, except for the tyrants of Tehran, for which such peace would be their worst nightmare. And so to interrupt the potential of that harmony, the instigated, planned, financed, and coordinated this direct assault, and since that time have unleashed a seven front war on the Israeli people, a war that has been relentless and cruel. But before we've talked further about that, let us take a moment to honor the victims, Let their memory be a blessing, to think of the courageous hostages and their families in anguish.
Speaker 10: Bring them home.
Speaker 9: And yet Jews here at this home are revictimized again and again, after watching the Jewish homeland torn apart by this genocidal attack, now they see the same motives and vicious hatred carried out on our very streets, with a staggering increase in hate crimes, most of them directed at.
Speaker 10: The Jewish people. Why now, why now.
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 9: We might say, well, of course, because tensions are inflamed by the war between Hamas and Israel. But wait, this is not the first war that Israel has had to fight. There have been countless wars where Israel has had to defend its very existence, and those wars did not spill onto Canadian streets in two thousand. It's true, It's true in two thousand and eight, in two thousand and seven, two thousand and six, when Israel was forced to fight back against Hesbela in Lebanon, there was no violence on our streets. We did not have hate crimes overtaking Jewish communities. Protests at Jewish hospitals, Jewish homes, Jewish businesses. When there was conflict again in twenty fourteen, that did not spill into our streets. So why now, Why all of a sudden has this hatred found such a home here in Canada.
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 10: Some say it's because our people are flawed.
Speaker 9: The government needs to fix the people, censor the people, better control and corral the people.
Speaker 10: Well, is it really the people who are the problem.
Speaker 9: It wasn't the people who appointed Laith Maruth an anti racism expert after he had said, and.
Speaker 10: I quote, life is too short for shoes with laces.
Speaker 9: Or for entertaining Jewish white supremacists with anything but a bullet in the head. Given a government of Canada grant this individual supposedly to fight racism, or beard jud'tany appointed as the commissioner of the Canadian Human Rights Commission after he wrote terror is not an irrational strategy pursued solely by fundamentalists with politically and psychologically warped visions of a new political, religious, or ideological order. It is, in fact a rational and well calculated strategy that is pursued with surprisingly high success rates. The head of our human Rights Commission, or an Ontario school that forced children to attend an anti Israel protest, kids divided and told to wear different colors to identify their ethnicity in Canada, My friends, this ideology that seeks to divide our people based on raiths and ethnicity that has led to these horrifying outbursts of hatred are not from the bottom up. They are from the top down. And it has been further excentuated by a government that has led in someone who appears to have been led into Canada and given citizenship to someone who appeared to be in a video mutilating a citizen on a crucifix in the Middle East on behalf of is As, someone who then went on to try and stage another attack in Canada. Yet another terrorist came into Canada preparing to stage an attack from Canada to Jews in New York. All of this well, our tax dollars fund Unra, an organization that has helped carry out the attacks of nine to eleven October seventh. So when they say that the government needs to be the watchman of the people, I say, who watches the watchman?
Speaker 10: I say it is not for the government to change the people. It is time for the people to change the government.
Speaker 9: But I stand here today with you, with my brilliant and courageous heroin Deputy Leader, the Great Melissa Lanceman, and reiterate.
Speaker 10: The commitment that I've made to you and that I've made to.
Speaker 9: Our Muslim brothers and sisters, and that is that we will always take one stand no matter where we are.
Speaker 10: We as conservatives, we'll say the same thing.
Speaker 9: I love the Muslim people, and when I go into their mosques, and I do proudly visit their mosque, I tell them I am a friend of Israel.
Speaker 10: I say the same things there that I do here.
Speaker 9: We can no longer accept political parties sending one mp be into one place to say one thing and another MP into a different place to say exactly the opposite. We will put behind us this ugly ideology that has divided our people, and we will acclaim the country that we knew and love, and we will do it based on the teachings of the Great Wilfrid Laurie. If you'll mind, if you don't mind me praising a liberal. He was asked what is Canada's nationality, and he could not list an ethnicity or a religion. We were already mixed up way back then. We had people from all over the world. So we said, Canada is free and freedom is its nationality. We united around the idea that didn't matter where you came from, it mattered where you were going. We united around the idea that you could worship God in any way you chose. That you had the freedom to think what you wanted, say what you wanted, to be who you wanted, and to be left in peace with your family. And that is the principle that will unite us again. You have my word that I will stand up for freedom here at home and around the world. We will secure our borders to keep terrorists out.
Speaker 10: We will defe.
Speaker 9: I will make clear to universities that if they spread anti Semitism or make Jews feel unsafe and uncomfortable on their campuses, they will not be eligible for federal funding. We will defund anti Semitic organizations and activists. We will defund Unrah and give the money to the Palestinian people who are suffering. I will vote against anti Israel resolutions at the United Nations. I will back Israel's right to defend itself, which includes retaliating against those that attack Israel. Israel must be able to prevent Iran from using nuclear weapons. If necessary, that means proactively striking Iranian nuclear sites and oil installations to defund the terrorist regime. We will keep our fists closed to terrorism, but our hands open to peace. We must work with the Saudis, the Emiradis, the Qataris, and anyone who's willing to talk and work and build towards a greater piece, including the permanent recognition of Jewish the Jewish State's right to exist as a Jewish state now and forever. This is the bright thing future we have in store, in a land where all the Abrahamic people can enjoy their religious places of worship in peace.
Speaker 10: And in harmony, the way Canada once was.
Speaker 9: That is the way that we can rekindle the memories of those brilliant souls that we lost a year ago. Today I was speaking with Rabbi Mendel Kaplan, and I asked, how do I address the loss and find some glimmer of hope in it? And he said that those we lost can live on on this world, in this world, even as they've passed the next. And I said how He said, by carrying on the Jewish traditions that animated them. He said, a thousand years from now, we can honor them by having an Israel that carries on the traditions that have been there a thousand years before. We just passed the new year. It's five thousand, seven hundred and eighty five. So together with the Rabbi ro little poem about what Israel will look like in six thousand, seven hundred and eighty five. Against all odds, Israel stands strong friends by her side where they belong. In six 's seven eighty five, we'll see her people firm, eternal, free as Shabbat candles flick or bright mothers welcome Friday night their flames A beacon ages old. One thousand more, This story told the Chaufar's call at Rashashana echoes through time, a sacred drama, awakening souls since times of yore one thousand years and many more. On Young Kippor in solemn prayer, they cleanse the slate with tender care, repairing bonds, with the divine traditions lasting past our time. Messus's guard each doorways frame, Yamaka's worn without shame.
Speaker 10: Stars of David proud and bright, eternal symbols of their might.
Speaker 9: The Jewish people tried and true on Simkhatora, spirits renewed, dancing with scrolls, joy undenied schma Yzrael They've always cried. All foes who sought to break their will now lie defeated, cold and still condemned to histories trash. They fall forgotten, They're disowned by all. Yet Israel's children stand, keeping alive throughout the land the memory of those who fell in Jewish hearts, their stories dwell, unbroken. They'll endure each test, their timeless faith forever blessed. The culture and tradition never die, and still they'll say yesegel hi, thank you, Okay.
Speaker 8: Good to see you. I'll start in English and then I'll go to French.
Speaker 11: So first and foremost, of course, I would like to reiterate how much I, personally and this government is again any form of antisemitism. And we know that there's been a rise of antisemitism across this country. It has worsened since October seventh. We've heard from the Jewish community from coast to coast to coast how much this was a problem, and we need to continue to fight every day, working with mayors across the country, working with premiers. And of course we have as a government to do a better job, and we all have to do a better job, everyone in the House of Commons. And so we'll continue to denounce any form of anti Semitism that is happening on our streets, in our schools, against hospitals, sing the gods, et cetera.
Speaker 8: Why because we as a government.
Speaker 11: Believe also in the Charter, in the fact that freedoms need to be protected, not only freedom to speech, but also freedom from intimidation, violence, discrimination. Now, when it comes to the leader of the opposition, Capitalev himself, let me be clear.
Speaker 8: What we saw yesterday was the height of our hypocrisy. Clearly Payev is doing one thing and saying one thing, and he's doing another. I'll give you three examples.
Speaker 11: First, well, he's saying that he's fighting anti Semitism. He never condemned those who were waving a Nazi flag during the Freedom convoy on this parliament. Hell, why didn't he. Second, he cozies up to groups like Diaglonne who spread neo fascist ideology across this country. Why does he denounce their antisemitism as well. And also when his caucus met with far right politicians from Germany that were downplaying Hitler's crimes, he kept in kept them in his caucus.
Speaker 8: And there's the sitting next to him in the House of Commons. So clearly what.
Speaker 11: We're seeing is that Piapo Lev is about double standards, and he's about himself, his own political gain, and ultimately he's unfit to govern this country. I'll say it in French, may not tun do ibat gun on the count tout fum dance smithsis to form dance smiths coo don Kiv's lacomnotegel simitis as part past cerman de pui the setup dub he s in acceptab in my Miami. He not government then tjo and you don't not mortial pe avectly primunist.
Speaker 8: Carry two.
Speaker 11: So maya bulo pasois country is the flaw sipon quest politics, sit in moral along the land content dager denunciman h scorn of fire of a container. They found La chartro liberti liberal or quaker lejondroy ab droi l liberty daj the paralais may you see proteg the la liberte days out certain nap the droid inc the viola, the discribiny.
Speaker 8: It's his key, not pey, it's this key. Fer party does not.
Speaker 11: Lean Mani beral Mel like as the Pierre Pev Perpoev.
Speaker 8: Read Ziki conballand Smithsys may lar Real.
Speaker 11: Parmiermam Pierrepayevsky bar count land Smiths. May i'm inta didn't see lesionqui floater and drappole. So like Colin Paramatta the liberty rap he really.
Speaker 8: There do the man.
Speaker 11: Some concus the mount of of concus, some a c ave the policy alma dextram drat some new pay don't objectifeited the banal zle trim COMI partly the mound of concus to be open consequence donasm the common it was Maev still with the group camed diagolon chief la promas did lgy neo fascist or prepar to.
Speaker 8: Aq o car the land Smiths conver.
Speaker 11: And don't lost compounds at that comple it see two to take basis or umi a tte basil prop gay politics.
Speaker 8: Don't claim may.
Speaker 12: I just want to reiterate a couple of things that Minister Jolie said. It is unacceptable and it is wrong to see anti Semitic protests in our streets, and it is wrong to denounce Canada and to say the things that we heard over the past twenty four hours in our country. But when it comes to mister Poliev, he is lying to Canadians. When he is talking about what is happening in the chamber, he is pretending that what is going on in there is something completely different than what it is, which is a conservative filibuster of conservative obstruction.
Speaker 8: The Speaker of the House.
Speaker 12: Was extremely clear when he ruled on the Conservative question of privilege. He said that because of the extraordinary circumstances, this should go to committee for further study. There is only one political party that is holding things up in the House of Commons right now, and that is the Conservative Party of Canada because they are afraid that if this study goes to committee, what they will hear from experts is that this is an egregious abuse of power. But this is a consistent pattern with Pierre Paoliev and his Conservative Party where they obstruct the truth. They try to spin away from reality. But the facts don't lie. The facts are and any one of you can go and read this testimony, this ruling from the Speaker where he clearly states that this matter should be referred to the Procedure and House Affairs Committee for further study. And mister Pouliev doesn't want that to happen because when that happens, expert after expert will come out and say that this is an egregious abuse of power by the Conservatives, And just because the House has the right to do it does not mean that it should.
Speaker 13: Monsieur pollieve e entran de padil la veriti Canadian sat Claire kilver continue dubbs tuer some prep obstriction do na Champ the commune in the deeper la Verite or Canadian the avexki surpass don la Champ, don so Marmont. It's a sair in patron the leader some party conservatire convoi jour arejour is downst Champ a Ilia razonqui quineverpas suive la direction done les president de la champ quete triclair aunvoi setmocien a committee for campus letu d plus pers in abuse the poui a innovepacusarreve persc Sava Claire expire a expire vader costin abbus, the POUI is a unacceptable the suci Felder, the chef, the conservatire a Canadian some intelligion its serve conquer entrente, the dear la verite, just say commissio polis a p qu entrent de s the fair the confus milar reality take Newsum's law on the t and the envoy said Mattier or committee christ terminae ve the trava connaben the fi poor Canadian.
Speaker 2: Just proceed document to.
Speaker 8: You post manager c see comparative.
Speaker 13: Approach them the two jure labor mister prosadure appropriate the champ, the commune, the perf part demond de sai perf demond, they said, documents A Premier for list Canada. Don't JR c some the procedure j some lendy pandance the r s Legers mame Aldrich, General d sine paret castine per come o democracy and excuse me comments should at la mercy.
Speaker 8: Yes much years you've known the excuse.
Speaker 11: Cond nd con down recondown to les Premier ma las Cavin guess n Smith's condomn L Marston group terrorists on the Sansila mad Yeah, premier shows because she dipped lor the Maripons leven its three. She put Coroblain, my conde Ma, she put problain my Condonella Smith's call.
Speaker 2: You up.
Speaker 8: Set made into a terrorist organization.
Speaker 14: Of course, I've been calling upon that for the last year, and there's a national security review being done on Sama Dune and it absolutely should be a terrorist organization. It promotes hatred, it's a spokesperson for a listed terrorist organization, and its activities over the last two days have only made it very clear that it has.
Speaker 2: To be done.
Speaker 12: What do you think of the ongoing dispute between the Foreign Afairs Minister and mister Paulia.
Speaker 1: Is not unusual, League colandering.
Speaker 14: I'm not going to comment about you. You can ask me a talented question. I'm not going to talk about personalities. Anti Semitism in this country is a serious issue. The demonstrations have had anti Semitic rhetoric that has been floated out and to use October the seventh, a day where twelve hundred Israelis were murdered, the worst day for Jews since the Holocaust, to do what was done in a number of places yesterday, and to make anti Semitic and statements and glorifying terrorism and glorifying what happened in October seven is an absolutely horrendous thing that should not happen in Canada. And anyone who was part of those demonstrations, what happened at McGill where a building was vandalized, it's it's it's absolutely disgraceful. So whatever differences there are between the parties, I think and I hope we all agree that October seventh is a day that has to be remembered for what happened and not used by people don't like Israel to uh to terrorize people in Canada.
Speaker 1: Will be designated.
Speaker 2: I'm very optimistic.
Speaker 14: I believe that what Sama Dune has done justifies it, and I'm confident in our national security agencies and then Cabinet will will take the right.
Speaker 2: Steps if not satisfied with evidence to yeh, look, I would have looked. I would have liked it to be done a year ago, you know.
Speaker 14: But but we I mean, I don't believe that politicians can control and the national security agencies report back and what they say.
Speaker 2: But again, I think it needs to be expeditiously.
Speaker 14: I know the minister, I've talked to him, if not hundreds of times, you know, more than fifty times about this issue, and I'm very confident he sees it the way that I do.
Speaker 12: Said yesterday about us of works writing to the nuclear science in Iran, who's also wild back the facilities.
Speaker 11: Is that something that really make your corps opposite?
Speaker 14: Look, I've taken positions a number of times that are different than my government on Israel. I think Israel has an absolute right to defend itself against Iran and its terrorist proxies. And I think Iran having nuclear weapons is a great danger for the world.
Speaker 2: Have a great day, thanks, guys.
Speaker 1: I think I'd have to.
Speaker 15: Read and better understand some of the things that they're doing, but probably a strong case to be made.
Speaker 8: And do you think or I should ask what do you think?
Speaker 2: Overall? Is back and forth?
Speaker 15: That was the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 10: A love that and your board of your sinister.
Speaker 15: I spoke to fifteen hundred people in Winnipeg yesterday from the Jewish community. I sat in a memorial service with six hundred people at an all Jewish school. With the student population and the teachers in Winnipeg. Parents pulled up to the school that moment that morning and dropped their kids off in the backdrop of police cars and police officers. Because of the rise of anti semitism. This place is about politics, and I can appreciate that to an extent, but I would prefer that we keep ourselves focused on the people that are being impacted on the ground.
Speaker 10: And I think that.
Speaker 15: There's a lot in our political discourse these days, particularly around the issue of the Middle East, that is not only proving to be divisive, but also distracting from I think the important conversations that we have to have and the important reparation that needs to happen amongst community members across the country. So I'm not going to provide any further comment. I think you've seen how I engage on this issue, and it's not the way I choose to engage. And I hope that my colleagues, broadly speaking, will always choose to depoliticize sensitive matters whenever the opportunity.
Speaker 1: Arises for them too.
Speaker 2: Can make the impassive.
Speaker 15: Well, that's a lot of politics too on this one. You know, I'm not going to speak too much because as chair of PROC you know there's a good chance that this will come to us, and my job is to be an objective observer and a decision maker on that front. But it seems to me that the Speaker's ruling is relatively clear, and now the use back and forth of you know who the political hous rests on will play out for a little bit. I think some of my colleagues are certainly aware of how much time can be eaten up and taken away from the legislative agenda as this conversation ensues. But should it come to proc if that's the prerogative of the Chamber as for the Speaker's recommendation, then I'm certainly looking forward to having that conversation. I'm sure it'll be an interesting one.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks guys, Yeah, what did you want to add about?
Speaker 15: Well, you know, you had asked me the question about whether or not I thought they should be listed as a terrorist organization, and that's not really a decision for me as an individual member of Parliament to make their's protocol in place in criteria that needs to be undertaken in order to establish whether or not a group ought to be listed a terrorist entity. But what I can say with certainty is that what we have seen members of this organization do and say is not only reprehensible and has no place in Canada and needs to be condemned in the strongest of terms, loudly by elected officials and grassroots everyday Canadians from coast to coast to coast. But it seems to me that there is likely a very strong case to be made that there are hate crimes that are being committed in the context of what they are doing and saying, Like I said, about whether or not they ought to be established as a terrorist entity. That decision is not one for me to make. That's obviously one for the police to determine if they believe that a law is being broken, and for the courts to encourse or sorry for the courts to rule on following that enforcement. So even though it's not up to me as an individual member of Parliament to decide, that does not take away from very strong feeling that I have towards what they are doing and saying, and my belief that what they are doing and saying, sammy doing that is does not belong in Canada, and that there needs to be a much stronger vocalization of that from everybody, inclusive of ordinary Canadians across the country, and.
Speaker 2: I guess your government is undertaking a review.
Speaker 15: It sounded like to day General.
Speaker 11: Powel so that it was being passed along to the atasiblity advice.
Speaker 15: I can't speak to that. I'm not aware of exactly where things are at in the process. So again, I do think as individual members of Parliament, we have to be very careful to say, yeah, I think just because I despise this group and what they're doing, I think they should be called terrorists. We can say that what they are doing is terrorizing people, but to take the step of actually categorizing them as a terrorist group within Canada is obviously a substantial one, and we do have to ensure that rules and procedure are followed. Like I said, though short of making the determination that I think would be inappropriate to make because of those processes, I still think it's very much acceptable for somebody such as myself, other elected officials, regardless of political party, and Canadians across the country to strongly condemn what they're hearing and seeing. And I don't think that it is crossing the line for us to say that they are terrorizing people and that the actions that they are undertaking are I would hope in the minds of all Canadians contrary to the values that are instilled in us here.
Speaker 2: As a people.
Speaker 15: I hope that adds some clarity.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks Christ.
Speaker 1: The show has been produced by Depictions Media. Please contact us at depictions dot media for more information.