Speaker 1: It's nice size.
Speaker 2: Undellianzy Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm sure that all of you in the last three weeks have heard about all of the executive orders that President Trump has signed. Many of those executive orders were intended to overturn executive orders signed by former President Biden. Some of the executive orders were very much welcomed by his his most significant supporters, and certainly very much in the forefront is the whole question of Elon Musk's role. And there was an extraordinary news conference that was held late this afternoon where Elon Musk was standing in the Oval office while Donald Trump was sitting behind the resolute desk. And Elon Musk took questions for about thirty minutes. And clearly he's a pretty smart guy, and he mentioned some things that caught my ear. I don't know how accurate they are, but he talked about there were some people who were receiving so security benefits who have to be long dead because they were born one hundred and fifty years ago. Now, I don't know if he was speaking metaphorically, if he was speaking precisely accurately, but it would be very interesting to find out if there is anyone who was born one hundred and fifty years ago, which would put them back into the nineteenth century. But that sort of is a kind of sets the table for our conversation. One of the areas that Donald Trump has been criticized in most roundly by Democrats is his efforts to diminish, if not eliminate, the amount of money that we spend as a country with USAID, us ai D, the US Agency for International Development, and well, just let me give you a little quick advance. This is a congresswoman from Connecticut, Rosa de Laura. She's an MSNBC. She's very much concerned about these cutbacks. Rob, I should have given your heads up on this. I want you to go for me to cut number fifteen from today's cut list. Cut fifteen, please, Rob.
Speaker 4: We are not only relying on the courts as normal eyes and pointed out the courts the American people, I would have the Congress will not let this succeed, and the courts are important and we will be.
Speaker 5: In the House.
Speaker 4: While we do not have standing to sue, we are working with the organizations that are bringing suit. We will file amicus briefs so we will use the courts are critically important in this area.
Speaker 3: She continued in cut again. Just to give you a sense of this, she continue and cut fifteen A.
Speaker 4: Please Rob, it's USA, it's education. They're going to go to medicaid. And it is about the effect of what happens in the lives of American people, of middle class families, of working families, of what is going to happen to their ability to be able to survive both economically and to be able to have a future going forward.
Speaker 3: Now, the other point of view has been expressed by Secretive State Marco Rubio. This is a quote from the new Secretary of State. Cut sixteen A.
Speaker 6: By the way, you know, we issued a waiver which allowed all these life saving programs to continue. And obviously, you know there's any time you have a pause or some hiccups about how to restart the payment programs. But all that's going to get taken care of you very quickly, and those programs will continue. We're not walking away from fourign aid. We are walking away from foreign aid. That's dumb, that's stupid, that wastes the American taxpayer money. We're just not going to continue to.
Speaker 3: Do those So that sort of sets the two sides of the argument. Now, what happened, I guess was last week the Press secretary at the White House listed about a dozen examples, similarly outrageous examples, and the Washington posted some fact checking on it. And I think what happens is that the Trump administration makes the mistake of not having their information together. And I don't know where they pull this information, but a lot of it had some substance to it. So this is the Washington Post fact checker, okay, And these were some of the claims that were made.
Speaker 1: Uh, And.
Speaker 3: Let's let's hit them, okay. The administration, the Trump administration said this was the lists that were presented by the Trump administration one point five million dollars to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in Serbia's workplaces and business communities. Now, my question would be, why are we involved in Serbia's workplaces and business communities? And I think that's a legitimate criticism that the Trump administration would have here. One point five million dollars, of course is not a lot of money, but it's it's significant. Nonetheless, Uh, and I have no idea what what would be diverse, diverse, or equitable or inclusive in Serbia. Washington Post, this is mostly accurate. USAID provided one point five million to a group called groupa Izagi, which focuses on creating opportunities for young LGBTQ people. Lgt LGBTQ people face discrimination, so one area of focus was insuring people ensuring acceptance of Belgrade Pride, an annual event annual parade that previously was canceled after threts of violence. The twenty twenty four parade was peaceful. The government is discussing legislation on same sex partnerships again.
Speaker 1: Is that our role? I don't really think so. Then.
Speaker 3: The administration also said seventy thousand dollars for production of a Dei musical in Ireland. The Post characterized this as wrong. It says this is wrong. This was a State department grant, not USAID. Twenty twenty two, the US ambassador hosted an event featuring Grammy winning OK duo Francesco Teresi and Rhonnan Gittons, along with other Irish and American musicians. Two point five million dollars for electric vehicles for Vietnam.
Speaker 1: This is wrong. This was for more than electric vehicles.
Speaker 3: USAID launched a two point five million dollar fund that provide upwards of one hundred thousand dollars to organizations with promising new products, business models, with financing models in de Nang or Ho Chi Minh cities.
Speaker 1: The fund was.
Speaker 3: Part of a larger effort to bring green energy to a country that's one of the world's fastest growing per capita greenhouse gas admitters. Again, that's a policy I guess that the Biden administration believed in, but I think the Trump administration is more than justified to point that out. Here's one forty seven thousand dollars for transgender opera in Colombia. Again, the Washing Post says this is wrong. USAID did not fund this. The White House appears to be referring to a twenty five thousand dollars State Department grant to Univasadad de los Andes in Bogata to stage and opera as one composed by Laura Kaminski, an American. The rest of the money came from other sources. According to Wanna Montsalva, the lead actress in the Columbian performances, what are we doing spending money and thirty two thousand dollars for a transgender comic book in Peru.
Speaker 1: This is wrong.
Speaker 3: USA did not fund this. It was not specifically transgender. Instead, the grant says the State Department provided thirty two thousand dollars under the guys of public diplomacy to Peru's Education department to cover expenses to produce a tailor made comic book featuring an LGBTQ plus hero to address social and mental health issues. The Post article goes on, and the point is well, two million dollars for sex changes and lgbt activist i me in Guatemala. The Post says this is misleading, as it suggests USA arranged for sex chases for sex changes. The three year grant to a Guatemalan lgbt Q t i Q plus organization was to strengthen transled organizations to deliver gender affirming healthcare.
Speaker 1: Et cetera. The point is that this is this is legitimate.
Speaker 3: Policies of one administration versus the other. Now, you may support those policies, but when the Trump administration says we're going to stop those policies, how do you keep them going. I don't know. It just seems to me that when a new administration comes in policies are going to change, and I think that the Trump administration would be advised to basically get their act together so they are not criticized, find the abuses that they perceive exist, and make sure that you're accurate citing the amount of money, citing what the money was to be used, what the money was to be used for, and citing the agency that provided the money. That's pretty simple. It just is so interesting in my mind that there is this.
Speaker 1: Fight going on over this.
Speaker 3: If Elon Musk can find substantial savings and can find fraud and waste in Social Security and find out that there are somehow people's identities who are long since dead, this is what he claimed today. But again, you don't make those claims off the top of your head. You make those claims backed up by evidence and by you know, support. And that's what's going on once again the Trump administration, in its efforts to change things, some of the things which.
Speaker 1: Need to be changed, Do it right, Do it right? That's that is.
Speaker 3: The frustration that that I have as someone who looks at the Trump administration and so, okay, this, these are things we should not be spending taxpayer money on. Maybe there's small amounts of money, a few million dollars here, a few million dollars there, but that eventually adds them in some real money. And also, if they are policy positions that Trump supporters he was elected president, disagrees with, they should change, just as if there's a Democratic president who gets elected at some point, then the Republicans are on the other side of the field. They can criticize, but they can't change. That's my position. I'd love to know what yours is. Six one seven, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. If you're going to advocate for change, if you're going to try to make the case to the American people that these are excesses, philosophical excesses that have no legitimate purpose or function, make the case, but make the case correctly, make it effectively, and make it accurately.
Speaker 1: We'll be back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to a phone call six one seven, four to ten thirty. Again, this is an interesting issue to me.
Speaker 1: It is a political issue at this point. Uh.
Speaker 3: It was fascinating to watch elon Musk hold Forth today in the Oval Office. It's it's really I think we're gonna have a lot to talk about in the weeks ahead. Jose in Belmont, Joe, next time, first off this hour, night side, Joe, thanks for calling in, go right ahead.
Speaker 7: You're welcome. Dan. What do you think Elon musk Is five greatest weaknesses?
Speaker 1: I don't know Elon Musk enough to know that. I really don't know.
Speaker 3: What do you think his five weaknesses are?
Speaker 7: Well, some people, I mean some people say he's a genius, but I would think he is a genius.
Speaker 3: I think he is a genius because you know, there's not too many people who have been able to accomplish in the other times when he's already accomplished.
Speaker 7: But I don't want to be taken down the road and fools by him. I would like some of your callers to criticize and so we could find out what is we are.
Speaker 1: Well. I don't know that he I mean, I don't know what he has. I have no idea, you know.
Speaker 3: All I know is that that he's what the wealthiest person in the world, which probably means he's not the dumbest person in the world. He's probably pretty smart. He's he's a guy that that that sends some rocket ships into space and and brings them back to be reused.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. So yeah, but.
Speaker 7: Dan, no man has one hundred percent of the truth, not even me or you.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't need one hundred percent of the truth.
Speaker 3: I think that that all of us oftentimes look at issues and it's our interpretation of what the truth is. You know, I might walk out today and say, it's an absolutely beautiful day. The snow is in the ground, the trees are sparkling, and you might look at me and say, what are you talking about. It's it's tend to it's a brutally cold day.
Speaker 7: So but say, but what I'm saying by that is, you know, one hundred percent of the truth is you know that we're all human and we can make mistakes, and so conn of Elon Musk.
Speaker 3: I think you're right, Joe. We'll see what We'll see how he does appreciate you, Carl, thank you very much. Let me go next to Scott in Newton. Scott, go right ahead. I think we're in. It was in a deep philosophical discussion there with Joe and I hope you can bring it back to the to the topic at hand.
Speaker 8: Yes, I can.
Speaker 1: Dan.
Speaker 8: You know I've been calling you off and on at different subjects that you have, But you know, I just I feel like, you know, Eli must to go back to what he was saying. He's looking at what he gets for information and he's going through it. I mean, I don't see that he has anything to gain from it, but he's trying to help get this country back on track. And you know, he's a very smart man. And I also heard Erny Fox say one time, if I'm the smartest, if I'm the smartest guy in the room, then you know there's a problem, you know what I mean. And that's why darl was looking for other people to help. And Rama swear me I love saying his name, and you know Ramaswami, right, I love saying my name. Those guys are trying to get us back on track to where we used to be, and Biden has just trash baged this country and walked away. And I just I feel like Trump is probably gonna go down as one of the greatest presidents we ever had or have.
Speaker 3: And you know it's a little early, it's a little early to tell, but yeah. I mean he has an opportunity. He will see what happens. I mean today he had the the King of Jordan in the in the Oval office after his visit up here to the State House yesterday. There's there's just so much stuff to talk about, and I just what I want to try to do is try to figure this out as best we can.
Speaker 1: But I think that eventually most Americans are reasonable people.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: There's there's all sorts of stuff here that that I'm looking at. I I'm trying to figure out what is accurate. So when we talk about these these different reports about giving this to this country to do this or that country to do that, I just wanted to be nailed down because I think that if we lose, if we lose the conversation here, we'll we'll never be able to straighten things out here. There's one here that talks about a USA spending twenty million dollars on a new sesame street show in Iraq. I don't know why we're spending a twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. It's great.
Speaker 8: And it's just like I don't know, fifty million dollars for condoms. I write, how many condoms was fifty million buy You know what, It's just ridiculous money going out the door that doesn't need to happen, and there's a lot of it.
Speaker 3: But but I want what I'm trying to say is I just want to make sure that what we're talking about is reality.
Speaker 1: Do you remember.
Speaker 3: There was a I always use this as an example, the great George Plimpton. Do you know who George Plimpton was? He was a sports writer and all that, so he was able to work with I think it was Sports Illustrated magazine and he did a piece about a picture who no one had ever heard of, put him on the cover.
Speaker 1: It was it was.
Speaker 3: It was a prank about I think that the name they gave the picture was Sid Finch and he could throw the ball like one hundred and ten miles in irony strike.
Speaker 1: That I heard that, you remember?
Speaker 3: And it was a put on? I okay, but everybody knew it was. Everyone laughed at it because it was. Some people fell for it, some people didn't. It was kind of it was a put on. Well, we're not talking about putting putting put ons here. Let's find out where the waste is if it exists, and let's find out why you spent on and let's be accurate about it. The government, the Trump administration has the responsibility to be accurate.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I agree completely, but like, where where would the lie come from? They're coming from a lie because like you know that they're giving money the countries and they give it to them and they don't know where it's going, how they're going to trace the money. But they're just looking at the checks that are going out and I go, what's this?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 8: Uh, it's just it's so incredible the things that are going on. And every day you see something else new with Trump, like he got that guy back from Russia. And the day before Sat he told, you know, the Gaza that you know, they got un till Saturday at twelve o'clock.
Speaker 3: And that's what we probably the the the ultimatum to Hamas that by Saturday at noontime. I assume he means our time. Maybe he means some asster's time.
Speaker 8: I don't know, Oh, get Saturday anyway, you know?
Speaker 1: Right, No, no, no, no, I'm with you. I'm with you. And what I'm saying is that's okay. Now he's he's he's.
Speaker 3: One of those he's he did one of those things where if this doesn't happen, this will happen. So he's kind of back himself into a corner. But yeah, yeah, who supports someone. We'll see what happens. We'll probably talk about that tomorrow night, to be really honest with you, right, But like his comments about taking over Gaza, he's he started to kind of backslide on that a little bit, but then today say no, he says we're taking over. We're not buying it, We're gonna We're gonna take it.
Speaker 1: You know. Uh, I don't know how.
Speaker 9: I don't know how it does anything.
Speaker 7: For sure.
Speaker 1: I don't know how he's gonna do it. Uh unless I don't know.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's so incredible all the things that are going on.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, well, he's got he's got twenty balls in the air or fifty balls in the air. And I hope that that I hope he can back up what he says.
Speaker 8: That's all, you know.
Speaker 1: We'll tell. All right, Scott, keep calling the show.
Speaker 8: I appreciate the audience, Boston loved to everyone, all right.
Speaker 1: I like that, Thanks Scott, that's a positive. Thank you. Much. Talk to you soon. Take a break. News at the bottom of the arrow. Let's keep it rolling.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 3: The only line that is opening six, one, seven nine.
Speaker 2: You're on night Side with Dan on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get to the phones. We've got full lines here. Interest people, interest. Let's go from to Jamie and Worcester. Jamie and Worcester, you're next on Nightsig right, hear me, Dan, I can hear you find Jamie? What's on your mind?
Speaker 10: Well, I don't well the whole hate but.
Speaker 11: Elon Musk and all he's doing. Isn't he not getting paid for this?
Speaker 3: I don't think he has to get paid. I think I think he's he's okay.
Speaker 7: Financial Yeah, I don't think Trump.
Speaker 3: By the way, I don't think Trump accepts a salary as president. I believe that various groups and organizations. Yeah, so that would be surprised. It would surprise me if if if Musk was being paid.
Speaker 10: To be honest with you, so this is just all a volunteer thing on muskcot He's just doing it for the So if he's not getting here's a lot money for it, then let's mean he really has a concern for help in the country.
Speaker 11: I mean, that's my perspective.
Speaker 3: I would hope, I would hope he does, and I would hope you're right on it. And I just hope that whatever the trumpet, you know, the Trump administration may have the best intentions, I just want to make sure that they they implement those intentions intelligently, because if they make mistakes, the story will will no longer be the good intentions or the intentions, it will be the mistakes made.
Speaker 1: And that's all. That's really what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 3: And if you're going to put out a list of let's say, dumb donations to various and sundry groups, make sure that make sure you got your facts straight, be accurate, you know, be professional. Don't allow people to nitpick and say you wrong on this and you're wrong, and that that's all I'm saying. Just you know, be professional, do it right, take your time.
Speaker 1: That's all right.
Speaker 9: No, I agree with that.
Speaker 11: And also he has to make all the decisions himself. He's got a super team, and he hired like the little avengers you know that are working with him, that are giving him information. So I don't think he's making all these decisions himself. He's got help around him.
Speaker 3: You know, well, well today, well the help to him you're talking about here, I believe is Elon Musk, because he's the one who I believe hired this group of young people who have had access to government files. According to Musk today, and I don't have the SoundBite, but I but I did hear him, and I listened to it a second time. He said that they have found some people who are getting Social Security checks who theoretically are one hundred and fifty years old. What he means by that is, you know, well, if that's true, if that's true, if someone has continued to receive Social Security checks for their their great great great grandmother who died in you know, nineteen eighty one, that person, whoever's getting that money, that person should be indicted.
Speaker 1: That's fraud in the government. And that yeah, go ahead, go ahead. I'm sorry.
Speaker 11: What do you think about Trump saying today he's gonna get rid of the penny?
Speaker 3: I think that makes sense. I mean, I think there's a lot of pennies in circulation. Uh, and I think it costs. I think is it two cents to make a penny.
Speaker 12: To make a penny?
Speaker 1: Three cents to make a pen.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so he announced that he wants stop production of pennies. So yeah, it will be non existent in a few months.
Speaker 3: Well, there won't be any new pennies, but maybe the retailers will make everything end with a nickel. So in other words, you won't have selling candy bars for ninety nine cents. They'll either charge a dollar or ninety or ninety five cents.
Speaker 8: Right, tickles my vacation.
Speaker 1: Put you got it right?
Speaker 3: I'm with you, right, Thanks Jamie, Thanks God, Gladen, thanks me, great call, appreciate it. Let me go to Scott and Quincy. Scott, appreciate you. Holding on you next on nights that Scott.
Speaker 9: A great show there, Dan. You know, one of your callers asked about what was Elon Muss's weakness, and one of the things we do know about him, like myself, he is on the autism spectrum, supposedly has ass Berger's syndrome.
Speaker 3: I don't consider that a week, I don't consider that a weakness.
Speaker 9: Well, one of the things about that is you randomly say and do stuff that you really were at later, like some of his outbursts, some of some of the things that have really stirred up public eye. Are some of the crazy things that he said or tweeted, you know, give me an example.
Speaker 3: Yeah, give me an example if you could, because I'm unfamiliar with with what you're referring to.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, so I can't give you a specific example. But he's well known for his crazy and outlandish things that he's tweeted. He got in trouble a few years ago tweeting something out about one of his companies that created a huge, huge movement in the stock market, and then took it back and things swung back. I think he got in trouble for that. If you recalled.
Speaker 3: Again, I'm not suggesting for a second that you're you're very accurate.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I just don't know. And it was if if if, if, if.
Speaker 3: Must let's say, must tweet it out that he was visited recently by a family of Martians who stayed at his home. Uh, and they were from the planet zipped on. I would think that's pretty weird. But but I don't know that it is.
Speaker 9: Level but moving but moving on, but moving on. You know. The whole thing with the US, the whole thing with usaid UH to me, a government agency that's solely created to give away taxpayer money and supports the whole bureaucratic infrastructure whose job it is to give away our money to other countries, many of which hate US. Is what what would you call it? Prima fasse evidence that it's a waste, waste and an abuse of taxpayer money in a lot of ways.
Speaker 3: I think, well, I would believe that, and you and you would believe that, but there would be other people who would say, hey, there there are ways. I think that USA defends itself and said that for many years they had used money to combat Russian propaganda uh in Eastern Europe.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 3: Now again, you know whether or not we should be in that business at all, I think is a threshold question. And then the question if you get past as a yes there, to what extent do you want to be in? You need there's some questions that need to I think what happened is that you get to work for US A I. D. And then you have a pet project and you think to yourself, oh, it'd be great to to to send let let's let's say Gilbert and Sullivan operas over you know, to to whatever you know, or to to export you know, stories about baseball. I would be saying, let's export baseball to Europe. Let's because that's my interest. But when you start getting into areas where you're using taxpayer money for a political cause, that is separate and apart from what the policy is of the country at any given point. I mean, right now, things are changing a little bit because of the election of Trump, and it has to be respected and recognized.
Speaker 1: It's the Biden world is over. It's now Trump.
Speaker 9: World, right. But the big picture thing here I believe is that the government is too big, spending way too much money, and the debt ceiling keeps going up and up, and we're literally going to bankrupt ourselves. And if we don't turn things around, you know.
Speaker 1: We're probably right now.
Speaker 3: We look look right now, I think our gross national product. I think we've probably produced like thirty trillion dollars a year and we're already we have a debt of thirty seve and trillion. How are we ever going to pay it back?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Scott, appreciate you follow somebody luck. I'm with you. Good luck.
Speaker 3: Let's I hope they're successful in what they do. But again, let's uh, let's let's let's talk about it here on night side and give everybody an opportunity to weigh in. Thanks, Thanks, Scott, I agree, got.
Speaker 1: Take a very quick break.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna try to get everybody in. I will Ian uh uh, Matt, I lean, Jim paul Is just we've got full lines. We get everybody in. We're gonna have to pick the pace up. That's all I'm asking you to do.
Speaker 2: Right after the break, Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World, Nice Side Studios. I'm WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: All right, let's try to get everybody, and there's going to be tight. I'm going to ask everyone to be very direct in in San Antonio and.
Speaker 1: Go right ahead.
Speaker 5: Hi, Janne, nice to hear your voice. So I have a story, a personal story concerning social security that I want to tell you about it.
Speaker 1: I was a very young girl, and I just asked you if I'm.
Speaker 13: Getting there, go ahead.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was a very young girl in not even twenty when a friend of a friend asked me to cat to deposit a social Security check in my bank accountant and give them the cash. Well, I was very naive, so I did it and uhurs. Not hours later, a few hours later, I had the police at my door telling me that that social Security check that I deposited was illegitimate from a dead person's grandmother.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: And that's what they asked, and I could have got into a lot of trouble. And so they were still getting a social Security check from their dead grandmother.
Speaker 1: How long ago was this in?
Speaker 5: A good forty years ago? More than forty years ago.
Speaker 3: So the point is that this, this sort of fraud then you would argue, has been going on for a while.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, and it is.
Speaker 5: It's real. It's what I'm trying to say as well. It happened to me personally.
Speaker 3: You will thank you, thank you very much. That's a great story, and you got it in in a minute and a half and I really appreciated that. Particularly tonight I got packed lines.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, takes its very much.
Speaker 1: Matt. You got to be quick for me, Matt, go right.
Speaker 15: Ahead, Hey man, I'm gonna be real quick first off, very quickly. Elren Mosk and anything with Aspergers or offism has nothing at all to do with his actions. That is an ignorant comment. And I will not enjoy hearing that that aside.
Speaker 3: Right, and I have you know that I called the caller up on that because I know you.
Speaker 1: I agree with you absolutely, thank.
Speaker 9: You, thank you.
Speaker 15: The only other point, thank you. The only other point is that we have right now a new administration has new ideas and new ideas for how we want to administrate law, and we want to pass different formats. I think there are many different ways with each individual who is going to be confirmed, and I think this can be very key. And I think the unknown is what we have to have to hold on to. I think, guess what's the most important thing, And that's what I've been end with that holding on.
Speaker 3: With you totally and and and when when there's another Democratic president, things will change.
Speaker 1: And again.
Speaker 3: Is that looks as President Obama once said, elections have consequences.
Speaker 15: Absolutely, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thank you much. Let's keep rolling. You're going to go to Eileen and Cambridge. Eileen, want to get you in a couple more in goo right ahead.
Speaker 1: Eileen.
Speaker 16: Hi, I think that you mentioned that problems in America should be the focus of where the budget funds go. And I happen to be living in Cambridge right now, and I'm very aware of the homeless population here and before we send money for Sesame Street in a Rock and the other things that we're sending money abroad for. I think we need to look at home where we need to take care of people right here in America. And the idea that Social Security payments are going to people who've been dead for hundreds of years, that's that's horrific.
Speaker 3: And Musk was quoted as saying that people who would have would be one hundred and fifty years old, so meaning somebody who would have been born in eighteen seventy five obviously has long since passed. So let's see what they find. Let's give him a chance to do whatever they want to try to do fair enough.
Speaker 16: Absolutely absolutely, I'm all in favor of this.
Speaker 5: Okay, thanks, they talked.
Speaker 1: Soon, have a great night. Let me go to Jim in Kansas City. Jim, you got to be quick for me, buddy, I got two behind you.
Speaker 14: Go ahead, Jim, Yeah, I'll be quick. I wish I would have called during the Karen ry two hours of Karen Reid. Hey, look at two things. First of all, I am absolutely sure that what Elon Musk is doing is way beneath him. But he's just doing It's a big favor. And there's an old saying you could lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. He is trying to lead us to the facts that we need to straighten out our budget and our spending in this country. And we're going to get a very brief four year chance here to to see those facts and see the error of our ways and straighten ourselves out. And if we don't do it, we're just going to go bankrupt. And I mean to the extent that people are able to bite the bullet and work and you know, uh, you know, kind of tightened down on their spending, we might do it, okay, but I think things are going to go back to the way they were back in the sixties, where you know, you just didn't have that we have right now. Anyway, I think.
Speaker 1: Malely have a two year window, never mind a four your window, because he's a congression a right.
Speaker 14: I gotta go bye bye.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you. I have a great one.
Speaker 3: Let me go real quickly, going to get to in Joe and Revere and Paul will be next.
Speaker 14: Go ahead, Joe, hey, Dan, how you doing?
Speaker 13: Just quickly? I'd like to know what you think I've heard that Trump has been putting these tax things into place, so like for imputs so he can get rid of the federal income tax. And I wanted to know, like what you know or thought about that any other things that would open.
Speaker 3: Up the whole conversation about in place of a federal income tax, graduated federal income text as we have now, you would either have to.
Speaker 13: My question is are these tariffs to try to take care of that?
Speaker 3: No, tariffs won't take care of that because tariff's are going to be temporary. If you're going to get rid of the income tax, you'd go to a value added tax and or a combination with the flat tax.
Speaker 13: My other question was what do you think he could be doing better right now? I know a lot of the country is in favor of what he's been doing.
Speaker 3: I think he could be slowing down a little bit right now and basically doing things more thoroughly.
Speaker 1: That's all that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, he's going on fair enough.
Speaker 1: Thanks Joe, Thank you much. All right, let's keep rolling you how much would he got, Paul? Would he get two minutes? Okay, we got time.
Speaker 3: For Paul, Paul and Monson Monson Massachusetts. Hi, Paul, how are you?
Speaker 12: Thanks?
Speaker 6: Dan.
Speaker 12: They can't go slowly destroying with the wrecking ball as quickly as possible. That's you know, and you say that, you know, you want to see them go about this in a smarter way. Those are these are planned features, These are not These are not bugs. Okay, these are these, these are these are these are not bugs. So they can't point to a single example. This is such a dog and pony show, you know, with Aylon Musk standing behind Trump looking, you know, looking like, oh, none of the rules apply to me. You know this theman is investigating worth, investigating Musk in so many different ways, environmental violation, labor violations. But then they're doing away with all the inspectors in general whose job it is to root out waste, fraud and abuse without the thirty day required explanation of why they're doing this. People need to understand, okay, that the plan is the sets and balances that come from three co equal branches of government. Know that is the plan is to do away with that. Okay, it's the oligarchy all the way. Okay, we were doing this isn't what they want.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't want to cut you off, but I'm out of time. I wish you called early. Please call early. We'll have a much longer conversation. Okay, thanks, I appreciate it. Done for the night, Rob, great job, Marina, Thank you very much to all the callers, all the listeners. I will say, as always, all dogs, all cats, all pets, they all go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie Rayes, who passed fifty years ago this very month, that's where all your pets are our past. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Hope to see you in tomorrow night or night side. It will be on Facebook. Nice out with Dan ray In a couple of minutes. Join us there, see you tomorrow night. Everybody, have a great Wednesday.