Speaker 1: What Up, goat and welcome to Whatevoids Live or sports dot Com. Rex Young Chris Skywalker. Oh got our boy dom coming up today to giving us.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, this guy's.
Speaker 3: I get fired.
Speaker 4: This guy did his hair and everything.
Speaker 2: He asked if you get on I said, yeah, we gotta get him on for the summers up. You gotta share. You gotta be nice. Sorry, you gotta be nice.
Speaker 1: Your only child, weren't you?
Speaker 3: I felt like it sometimes. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh you have a sibling older, younger.
Speaker 2: So what's the story here.
Speaker 3: She's older.
Speaker 2: Oh she sounds me.
Speaker 3: No, she's awesome. She's awesome. I just had lunch with today.
Speaker 2: Shout up, shut, shout out. Come on.
Speaker 5: His dad's a fucking My dad's terrified.
Speaker 2: His dad is your dad?
Speaker 1: Read like you two like the you know, the blondest reddish hair.
Speaker 3: Nah, he's bald now, but like when he was younger, he had like the like he had a motorcycle and long curly hair.
Speaker 2: Like he's a beast. At his beast, I can confirm. Yeah. And his hand his hands are huge holds.
Speaker 3: He's six four six five, So like, if I'm ever getting into some trouble, bro, I'm just calling him to like come clean up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's still lifted this day.
Speaker 3: He's getting back in the gym. He's trying to lose a little bit like a weight. Now he's doing like fasting. He's actually lost a bunch of weight.
Speaker 1: So hell yeah, yeah he's looking like good for him.
Speaker 2: Let's stop me from getting into a couple of fights in high school, just like putting the hand on the shoulder. Fuck yeah, I gotta get this. Listen. I try not to do this.
Speaker 1: I don't really do that often, but this I feel likes Would you be interested in this?
Speaker 2: Too?
Speaker 1: Anthropic which was supposed to be the good AI company they put like they didn't want to do war stuff with the government, stuff like that. Well, they're still doing bad things. They're they're buying up all the rare books, the last copies of rare books. They're ripping the spines out and scanning it into AI, deleting the book forever only have it mashed up in the fucking ay. You know you guys have used AI at this point in your life. No, I mean, if you have, it could be unreliable. It takes like everything for the Internet and compile is gonna answer. So sometimes you get bullshit in there too. It's taking the last of these books, rare books and just fucking shredding them after they're skinning into the system.
Speaker 2: That's insane. Yeah, not great. I'm listening. I was called an idiot for being scared of AI and saying that's how you get sky Neet. No, it's fine. It's not fine. You should be much more scared of AI than anything else in the world.
Speaker 1: It's here, man, this shit is I don't know, man, I don't fuck with it anymore.
Speaker 3: It's literally like Fahrenheit four fifty one, bro, Like you're just gonna get rid of all the books, keep people dumb. Like what happens when when you can't have AI and all this information is just.
Speaker 2: Gone, then the AI will tell you what to do. Yes, that's what It's going to delete, the ability to find information without using AI, so the AI will be able to tell you what Google is already doing. Google is already they don't even understand why, because they're the worst AI there is. Bring ask Jeeves.
Speaker 5: Back, Well, we've been uh, we've been already heading down this slope before. The first thing that ever got me like even close to politically active was the whole net neutrality in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: Yeah that shit.
Speaker 5: So, like we've already been going down this rabbit hole, but AI is going to take it to a whole new level. They're going to be the only source of information and you know, probably a generation from now, they're gonna be the only source of information for people.
Speaker 6: For sure.
Speaker 1: It's making people dumb. I asked AI one time, like, how would you take over the world, But how would you do?
Speaker 4: Histories?
Speaker 1: And she said, I would do what we're already doing. They're already helping people with everything. There's a Congress guy. I'll find this video if you want. A guy in Congress reading out his speech. Is like, now here's a more easy, flowing legislative version rather than focus points.
Speaker 2: He was waiting fucking chat chat GBT prompt.
Speaker 1: A guy in government Congress making decisions about your fuck life.
Speaker 2: This ship it's getting scary, man, it's getting scary as ship. We got all the turntables. Well, you don't have to save us, captain himself.
Speaker 1: Sex robots, that's your that's your native You're you're fucking passing on, Captaine.
Speaker 2: I ain't true.
Speaker 1: If they make sex robots, then We're fucked. I'm serious, literally and figuratively.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 7: We are.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know about sex robots Man Slippery Slope too. I don't know. Do your brother buy sex chair? What if they learn I'm not buying the chair? You got that, dude, you gotta buy that Pretty funny, it's pretty cool, chick. It's a fucking awesome ship. It's great. And imagine scenarios explaining too shy to Chris Burn with super chass Ai is the end of our age of Bronze, our Bronze age, if you will, it's definitely next. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I don't like it, not one damn bit. You know what, lebron James doesn't like that rat infested.
Speaker 2: Piece of ship city Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: You may think he likes him because he joined their team. I was trying to get another ring. He's not gonna stay in the city in Philadelphia. He's gonna be living in New York the entirety of his time with the team, flying over like Kobe's doing with the with the air helicopter.
Speaker 4: Hate that, hate hate that. I don't like that.
Speaker 2: I saw I shared the meme yesterday and it was when Captain America is trying to pull the helicopter back to the landing pan. It's like me when Lebron gets in the helicopter for the first time, for real, I don't like it.
Speaker 5: I not gonna lie. That's why I didn't say it like a single thing. I didn't share those tweets. I seen those tweets instantly, and I was just like ptsd fen like I genuinely froze.
Speaker 2: You were doing stand up right after he died.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it wasn't about the helicopter.
Speaker 2: It was you said it was.
Speaker 5: No, it wasn't about the crash at all. It was about it was making fun of the broadcaster. It was making fun of the broadcaster that fucked up and said the Edward m That's what it was.
Speaker 2: How'd you know you weren't there? You were my friend? Then women shooting in the gym. Fact, when I first.
Speaker 1: Reached out to Chris that joined Woodward, he like he left me on red I think on Facebook message. Yeah, that was like he thought he was fucking.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't want to speak on you, but I was disappointed.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 4: No, man, it's all good. It's all good.
Speaker 5: With enough coaxting with enough with enough persistence.
Speaker 2: Here I am you see so thank you you were meant to be here.
Speaker 3: Chris, he was banking on rap tip.
Speaker 1: He was making a rap cap big. It was disrespectful, like, there's no way this kid thinks.
Speaker 4: He's like, why would I go on a on a show rap Cave didn't even it was.
Speaker 2: It was called the Rapop was called strictly hip hop.
Speaker 1: Strictly I see some photos and slack please grab please, We'll see please, We'll see chat. You gotta do your part, though, we need at least fifty likes.
Speaker 2: Fifty likes to see.
Speaker 1: Spencer's new furniture.
Speaker 2: I'm not getting you. Gotta do it, dude.
Speaker 1: Lukey's gonna be covering NFL games from Netflix.
Speaker 2: I think that's.
Speaker 1: The student of the game Superman, and that guy is fucking awesome when he played that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of my favorite players ever, sneaky athletic.
Speaker 2: Lunch pill guy. Uh Freddy fell at the super Cha. He says, Lebron get to the chop up. Kobe greater than Lebron. That's not true, Listen, I don't want to get into it.
Speaker 1: Kobe is great, but Chack was the man in those teams. He averaged thirty points, like nineteen rebounds.
Speaker 2: I wrote series.
Speaker 5: I wrote a whole paper one of my first years of college of why like Michael Jordan is just clearly better than Kobe, like stopped.
Speaker 4: Like Kobe was not the Finals.
Speaker 5: MVP on three of his five rate yeah, like he was not the best player on three of his five championship.
Speaker 1: Were they making the playoffs when he wanted out? Or were they not even in the playoffs?
Speaker 5: They made it one year, They made it one year, and I think that following year he requested a trade and then they got POGERSO. Yeah, because he it was a terrible team.
Speaker 3: If I need someone to take a shot for me, I guess outside of stuff like if someone's got to make a three point or a half court shot to like save my life, outside of Steph Curry, I'm probably taking Kobe. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just based out of all but if I need to win a seven gear, I'm serious.
Speaker 3: YEA.
Speaker 2: Jalen Carter is getting paid. Oh yeah, Raven dark Flame.
Speaker 1: I thought he was bad. You guys told me he was not a good player. He's the highest paid defensive tackle in the league. I just super Bowl champion.
Speaker 2: He's shit guy McNeil. No longer in the top five.
Speaker 1: No longer in the top five. Shot Jaysen Carter for saving us from the booner rants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, four years, one hundred and fifty two million dollars worth up to one sixty including one hundred and six million guaranteed. That makes him now the highest paid defensive tackle in the NFL a thirty eight million dollars a year. Jeffrey Simmons at thirty five, Chris Jones at thirty two, basically Dexter Lawrence at twenty eight, and then Milton Williams at twenty six.
Speaker 1: I mean, the kid's just a demon.
Speaker 9: He is.
Speaker 1: Disruptor. I want oh boone. I just need him understand, like, you don't need to get sacks, no to be effective as a defensive tackle, even defensive lineman. Defensive tackles can get back and cause havoc, ruin their fucking game plan, ruin the play, and then it ruins the game plan right, and then want to do things they are uncomfortable with. They start fucking around and make a mistake. Boom, next thing you know, you win the game. That's that's all you need on the defensive tackles.
Speaker 3: It's also even like before a game, if you know you're about to go up your quarterback and up against like a Miles Garrett or an Aiden Hutcherson or something, you're definitely gonna change the way you play to accordingly towards those players, Like there is one hundred percent of mental aspect towards that that you just can't define in a stat sheet.
Speaker 2: And you have to double team guys like that, Like you have to double team Jalen Carter because the worst thing for a quarterback is pressure up the middle. And if he gets there, he is the he's the fastest line to the quarterback. He's right there. You have to double team him, which frees up other guys for one on one situations. Double or triple team, like remember when the Eagles played the Rams, they were like quadruple teaming Aaron don Like it's guys like that in the interior or just absolute difference makers. And you gotta think of the greatest Lions offense that we've ever seen. The greatest Lions offense arguably ever is cousin of the Dominican Sue. And it starts there. And when you have a guy that can't be contained in one on ones in the middle makes everybody's job easier. Use use dictate the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Scott Walker said, like even before you're in the game, you're making sure you're not running there, like things are done and avoidance of him, and then that makes it easier for you than game plan what to do against him.
Speaker 2: It's just he's a good player. Shouting to him and yeah, I kind of wish we imagine that the line of Hutch I don't know, I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 1: Oh, you would have jamier games, all right, the chan fourth mile, let's go.
Speaker 3: I think about like Miles Garrett for his house, he puts like the tombstones of the quarterbacks he sacks on. Yeah, and I imagine like everybody but like that he plays before Hollow when he's like, god damn it, I cannot get sacked by I'm gonna end up on his front lawn.
Speaker 2: End up in a tombstone on his front Wait. Wait, wait, that's a real thing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, everything nous so tough, insanely tough.
Speaker 3: But like, imagine being a quarterback that's got a tombstone out of his fucking front.
Speaker 2: Like sack you three times and all over the place. Burn with the super chat. He said, also the second sky that rises up, I'm joining the AI. We had a good run.
Speaker 10: We had a good run, but we're cooked and I'm hopping on the winning team, taking my talents. Stay I my next chapter. Burn's next chapter is pleasing his AI overlord.
Speaker 2: I remember, I remember. That's crazy.
Speaker 5: Well, we first started, like, you know, like give it easy ship for it. He was like, he was like, I say please and thank you, though, so they won't.
Speaker 2: I say thank you to Siri every night, every night, every night you're fucking captain, and I mean if I ask her for something, and she finally said thank you.
Speaker 5: I'll always hate Siri. That bitch was cout in my pocket.
Speaker 2: She was Siri put you on last. That was so. That was funny. Chris is like, you said something about five dollars. There's something for five dollars this series spoke up and said you don't have enough money. I wouldn't do that live on. That was crazy. That was so we're not even making it up. And actually clipped it, damn it.
Speaker 4: Shout out Chili Peppers.
Speaker 2: Shout out Chili Peppers a lot.
Speaker 1: Before we get out of here, and get the breaking into the football. There is a Canowans delight to give out, and I'm gonna pass my guy's spinny. He has a mustache brother of yours.
Speaker 2: Jake Rogers d fad by the Detroit Tigers. So that officially means there is no return for any of your superstars on that team that took you to multiple World series in the organization anymore. Uh Justin Upton, Max Schurzer, Justin Verlander, Ian Kinsler, uh Jad Martinez. All of those guys that you traded away resulted in Jake Rogers, and now he is the fade. So thanks Alivila for what eight years of mediocrity from the return he gave us. So again, listen, I know that Scott Harris has not done great at the trade deadline, and I don't want to hear any of you guys talking about last year's trade deadline because when I got on here and crashed out about the Tigers trading for a bunch of nobody's, you guys all called me crazy. Look at all these great pitchers he got, Chris Paddock, Charlie Martin who you don't know, Baul, Well, well, what are those guys doing or what did that of them actually did only really good one shit his pants this year and Kyle Finn again. So I don't want to be the guy that defends Scott Harris and his trade acumen. But it's not nearly as bad as what Alvila did breaking down a super team to get Jake Rogers Chaddy Martin.
Speaker 1: Imagine getting cheated on by an AI robot girlfriend. Damn, I don't think I have a cheat on you.
Speaker 2: Have you ever played Detroit being Human? I think Becoming Human something like that. Yeah, that's a good game. Yeah, but that's like team Robots your team. Well that's kind of make it. Yeah, I guess you. You can choose your pet. You can side with the humans as the robot, but obviously you want to side with the robots if you're the robot. I think I was a was empathetic in that one. Yeah, I don't remember correctly how.
Speaker 1: I was marching in the streets at the end of it. But you guys should watch X Making Up. I think you have kids, you should make them watch my favorite movie of all time. You should terrify them of AI. Yeah, and anybody else is listening, like, by the way, too, I saw someone of the weekend.
Speaker 2: They're like, hey, you can't you can't have your uh your conditioning up because you don't.
Speaker 1: Want the power to search. That wasn't a thing before. These fucking AI companies had these big ass computers and random insand like that was the thing before.
Speaker 2: Nope, I don't remember that.
Speaker 1: My wrong in my tripping right now, Data centers, you're telling us to fucking stay hot and swort our balls off for your fucking computers.
Speaker 2: Fuck you, flock cameras, Fuck you shout the dom shout out, little late on it. I thought a year before, but which is what I had?
Speaker 6: Crazy? They sent me on the freeway for a year. O by the way, so not too happy. One's got zuzekie, one's got spicy garlics. So we need a lot of taste tests to.
Speaker 2: Out shout out, Let me try. Do you not like toazek smell? Let me smell the smell test me. Yeah, to Zeke's the ship. I fuck, I could eat Tazeki with a spoon.
Speaker 6: He got Zekie, I got nice. You know, it might be the same, could be the same.
Speaker 2: Christian Mahogany is injured, says will I Am. Yeah, we will go over the Detroit Lions' latest roster moves, who's getting placed where Christianisian and uh Christian Mahogany both put on an injured list. But I don't think those are gonna be too serious. So we'll get back to that. We're gonna go to break. Uh We're coming back with Lions training camp updates because training camp did start today for the Detroit Lions. So first, let me tell you about Planet Fitness Planing Fittes is the home the just judgment free zone where everybody, we mean everybody can get a full body workout thirty minutes and all memberships include fitness training. You get all that for just fifteen dollars a month. You're gon upgrade the black card and get some men. He's like Drisage Total Body Enhancement Nexcess over twenty seven hundred locations worldwide, joining Club ro online, Planefitness dot Com, Play Fitness where fitness is essential.
Speaker 8: The hunting season is almost to here, Detroit, and your Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff Touchdowns Com and Roth First Downs, Kenny Pancakes Kirmy picks, Jim's big plays and of course Jack Fox his leg yesday locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network Sports.
Speaker 11: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spacious Jim that's filled.
Speaker 2: With equipment for every workout?
Speaker 11: And how about free fitness training in the judgment free zone that leaves them feeling.
Speaker 2: Energize all day long.
Speaker 11: Joint played at Fitness Today with the free pf app online or in club and start getting that big business energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 8: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we.
Speaker 7: Do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our.
Speaker 8: Shot Woodward Sports All.
Speaker 2: Day IPA find it at any art and Jake's location near you on Monday, Wednesday and Sunday for five dollar shorts. Where else are you gonna get that? All day IPA from Founders Brewing Company is delicious. It's been in a game for over fifteen years. It's a Michigan staple, so be a Michigan man. Or woman or dolphin or whatever that supports Michigan companies that support Michigan companies Art and Jakes Founders Brewing Company and Woodward Sports. Go check it out at Art and Jake's near you all day, ipa.
Speaker 1: Up the Walk and bite the Wright slide, which sports dot Com easy to watch min we're actual Chris Nicholas call Off is not here.
Speaker 2: We have Skywalker to go.
Speaker 1: After thought, this is crazy. Also, I thought that plays a way closer my bad dumb Riley's makings was like up the street.
Speaker 2: That's okay, that's fair. Yeah, I bought I did a bi fly thic, but matheson Rathburn before we get to uh the Detroit Lions injury updates, says easy. I think he made Booner's head explode today. Oh dude, that was awesome? Was he? I?
Speaker 1: I owed him for the Dave Montgomery drifting, so I think my dad is dude, we're paid.
Speaker 2: I should say, well, we got to make a social post about it, a YouTube video about it, a social post, an a YouTube video on our other page about that as well, and a Twitter post clamoring for whatever other side it was. I've not done. Actually those things Yeah, lot's catch up on love you though, bude you you asked for it. He did grift grit, grifted hok grift to hot. But something that I don't want to grift, something that I don't something, something that I'm not excited to talk about. Training camp starts today for the Detroit Lions, but it doesn't start without injury list updates per our guy, Doc macaron on Detroit Lions on SI and per the Detroit Lions, they have released a defensive lineman, Jafe and Christian Issian and Christian Mahogany have both been put on the active slash non football injury list. So training camp is going to start and the Detroit Lions are going to be without one of their starting offensive linemen a year that they really need to get some cohesion of that group. You've got a first year guy in Mays at center. You've got Penney Sewell moving to the left tackle for the first time. You've got Tate Ratledge on the right guard, trying to get himself off to a better start than what happened in his rookie season, and of course the rookie Blake Miller on the other side. And I know that that left guard spot is kind of up for a battle. It's kind of up for who wants it the most out of multiple guys the Lions training camp, but Christian Mahogany is the guy that they want there. Christian Mahoganey is the leader in the clubhouse for that spot. So him starting off the season, starting off training camp on the injured list, although I don't think it's anything too serious, is not a good start for the Lions. Nope, and just clarified too, he can return as long as before that fig three man rosters made.
Speaker 1: His was a non football injury. So maybe at the Morgan wall On concert he was saying he's getting.
Speaker 4: Now a little too hard.
Speaker 1: I don't know what happened, but he's absolutely right. Offensive line, your cohesiveness as a unit is very, very very important, especially if you're a run complex run schemes like wetred is I've done now. That was more so owner Ben Johnson, But we all know it kind of been sold that Drew Petsing is a piece of that, a branch of that. I mean, they're they're best friends of themselves. The run game is his bread and butter as well too, so it is unfortunate because they do a lot of wacky things on an offensive line when with these run games, run schemes specifically, and you want to have a guy that's been next to the guys who are not tripping over each other's foot. Like the word week one gets agreement packers. It's notoriously complaining a bitch about nowadays two of the offensive line play because you don't get the two a day practices like they did before the new CBA. Right, you don't get like to be in pass as often as you used to too, so like you're you're a step.
Speaker 2: Behind in it.
Speaker 1: To be honest with you now, the only thing I remind everybody with though is this is an easy schedule. Yeah, but that is unfortunate for your quarterback is specifically because you saw last year he needs.
Speaker 2: That protection if they want to win. Christian Easian was placed on the football illness or non football illness list, and Christian Mahogney was placed on the non football injury list, so he might have the butt COVID. But I think the worst part about these, like again, I don't don't think these are going to be you know something that I pray to God, these aren't something that is going to last for the entirety of camp or anything like that. I think these are small injuries that will get cleaned up. But these are probably the two biggest points of contention on this roster right now. The two spots on this team that you're going to see the most competition, the two spots on this team that are truly not locked down in the starting lineup is left guard and is that nickel cornerback spot or safety rotation. And Christianesian and Christian Mahogany are two guys that are going to be playing extremely important roles in those camp battles. So you would love to see them start camp healthy so you can truly get a look at it from the beginning, but as of right now, it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: And training camp really is one of those places where the team can get together and just work out kinks on both the offense and defense. And I think it also sets something a lot about team chemistry, just being together right before the season and just really preparing and getting absolutely ready to play in a full speed NFL game. So again, kind of like what Spenny said, I don't see this as being you know, this crazy injury where he's not going to be back, but I definitely do want to see him come back relatively soon. I think if you know he's out for the next two weeks or something, you know, the way he plays will definitely be impacted by that.
Speaker 1: Hopefully get our answer tomorrow during the media session with Dan Campbell. Yeah, because even go to the right tackle position too. It's very much up so for competition. I mean during mini camp it was quite literally Larry browm taking the snaps. Hope your rookie. The only thing that makes me think the rookie. Me personally, if I'm coaching, I'll maybe lean towards the rookies. My goal is the rookie and that same cohesiveness. I wanted to have that gail together with the rest of the starting offensive unit. But it's gonna be spottying camp to start it off. But it's you know, get an easy schedule. We're just delivering you as news and that's what was relevant around it.
Speaker 2: Adam from the d with the super chances give me Miles Frasier versus Mahogany easy when you're looking at that battle for left guard, like yeah, you talk about you know, or Larry Borum getting the snaps whatever over Blake Miller. I do think Blake Miller is going to be your starting right tackle for sixteen games this season or seventeen whatever it is. Left guard is not that locked in. All of the guys you have battling for it are late round picks or you know, kind of cast offs from other other teams. When you look at Juwe Scruggs, or you look at a can't remember his name, Ben BArch, who do you think you are most comfortable in winning that battle? And who do you want to win that battle?
Speaker 1: I think most comfortable I'm probably going Larry. I'm not Larry, I apologize, probably going Christian Hogginy. But who I think can come on the top, But I probably would maybe bet On has Ben BArch. I mean, the only thing really holding him back throughout his career is the majority of the time has been injuries. He was a highly towed prospect coming out. He's sorry for a couple of games for a few other teams, including the Jaguars. I think Ben Bartsch could be a favorite in the absence of Christian Mahogany for sure, and I would feel confident honestly, it's just the health thing with him.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, I think it's I like Miles Fraser a lot. I do. I think he's a versatile player. I think he's a damn good pass blocker. I think he showed that at LSU, where he went like four years without allowing a sack or something like that. He had over two thousand pass protection snaps without a pressure allowed or something like that at LSU. I can't remember the specific numbers in verbage, but he was one of the best pass protecting interior offensive linemen in the country. And I think that Christian Mahogany does have the violence and the grit and the things like that that they liked. But when you look at the interior pressure that was allowed on Jared Goff last year, I think Miles Fraser is the best option for pass blocking at that spot if he can be healthy, and I would like to see him work out the most, I think, but I do if I had to put money on a horse, it would be Christian Mahogany because of the time he's already spent there, because of his relationship with Penney Sewell and those two guys playing next to each other and because of Drew Petson's system, the violence, the movement, the stuff in the in the run game, I think he's more of an athletic piece and a movable piece than than Miles Frasier is.
Speaker 1: To the keyword to athletic, like when it comes to running the football, I think that's the concern.
Speaker 2: Of Miles Fraser. Is he able to get downhill and find a body seal them off. It's just he hasn't previreded that consistently at the NFL level.
Speaker 1: They gave him a few shots last year and he looked okay, But like you said, better in the passing blocking department than he was in the run. Blocking and running.
Speaker 2: The football is a staple and a successful Detroit Lions offense. Uh, not just because Jamior Gibbs, but because your quarterback, Jared Goff is best when it's through play action.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: You want to you want to deceive the defense any given time. Jg one of the best play action quarterbacks, actually probably the best play action quarterback in the National Football You guys remember a few years ago the Seattle Seahawk on a fake still tackled Jared Goff and celebrates he thought he got a sack. You know what I'm saying, Like JJ's is that nice? The handoffs and faking them sometimes, Uh, it's important. It's important, Interior. You saw it last year firsthand. And the absence, not even the absence in the presence of Mahogany even get two up in the tierer as well.
Speaker 2: And I think this might be a little bit of a reach, But you talk about versatil, you talk about athletic, you talk about, you know, kind of a freak player, Juice. This opens the door to Giovanni Mineu. This opens the door to Giovanni Minu to be like, all right, if you want to be an NFL player, if you want to be a football player in this league, you now have a path to where Christian Mahogany is giving you a head start where you know, I hope again, I don't think it's going to be him missing a week a month or something like that, but it's going to be a head start to where you're going to get closer and closer the first team reps. If you are Giovanni Minu and they want to use you with your size, with your athleticism, with your speed, with what you can do, they want to be able to use you on this team. Do you want to be a football player or not? There is You're not gonna get a better opportunity than this, and it's probably gonna be the last opportunity you have with this team, because I believe if you can't win the starting left guard spot and your Givanni Mannu, you're not making the team. Jay Washington another if. Yeah, that's what battles are. That's what training camp battles are. If you didn't have any ifs about a position, there wouldn't be a battle. There are no ifs about the left tackle spot. There are no ifs about your starting wide receivers. There is no if about your starting quarterback or you're starting running back or your starting center because those positions are locked down. When you have battles in training camp like you're going to have for left guard and for the nickel cornerback spot, there are a lot of ifs about everybody. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I would love for that to be the case Fromhanu and when he first came here, he was actually repping left guard, but they decided as a tackle And I don't know what's going with that kid.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're wishing him well again, like it's you have it on a silver platter. You are everything they want in that position. You're big, you're versatile, you can move to tackle if you have to. They love versatile players, they love the athleticism. They want to get you out in front of the backs, in front of the wide receivers, in front of the tight ends. You're very big, you're very mobile. You unfortunately got to be good at football. You gotta be good at football.
Speaker 3: I don't really see him a new making that jump obviously. I think Christian Mahogany is, like, that's my first choice, just for the chemistry within the offensive line. You know, he's been there now, played last season, He's built that relationship with the guys, and he can definitely make an improvement this year. I think he is the front runner. I also do like Ben Bartch. You know, he's not new to this league. He has some reps under him. It's kind of what Easy said. He just if he can stay healthy, I expect he can do good things. But I definitely think as long as Christian Mahogany can get back, I mean this is his job to win.
Speaker 2: My opinion, Yes, it's his job to lose. Oh yeah, I mean like as of right now, if you started today, it would be Christian Mahogany. But we've heard Dan Campbell and Brad Holmes repeatedly talk about them trying to create a new competition, to create that new kind of you know, looking over your shoulder. And as much as I personally like Christian Mahogany, for you know who he is as a player, who is is a guy. He's a great dude, likes a lot of cool shit, seems like a very funny guy. I probably get along with him great. I want what's best for this team, and whoever wins that battle in camp is what's best for this team. I do expect it to be him. But this isn't a good start.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna stark. It's not a start at all. And somebody's get ahead of you. Someoney get those reps, yeah, to prove themselves. But we'll see campus here. They're reporting, we're reporting on it, and.
Speaker 2: With like getting those looks from a first year offensive coordinator, a guy that yeah, he's seen tape of you, He's he's watched your tape as a offensive coordinator in this league, and somebody who was prepping for this role. But to see you and his offense is the biggest thing. And with again, I hate to keep going back to it, but like a guy like Giovanni, Manu could be very attractive to a offensive coordinator, like look at how big this fucking guy is, look at how fast he is. I can get him out there, but I wouldn't bet on it. Chris, how are you feeling?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 4: A little sweaty, sweaty, a little swetty, little nerver. No, I think that it's hard to It's hard to say much.
Speaker 5: More than what you guys said, particularly like I would bet, I would bet right now that Christian Mahogney is the league guy. But there's just always going to be that that upside, that upside potential Manu that I'm just like, come on, like please, because and the investment.
Speaker 2: Got the best of Brad Holmes State camp too.
Speaker 5: But that's but that's where I'm at with this team is like this team is is now a team where I'm looking at a lot of upside because they their roster is kind of setting stone outside of a few things. But you need those upside things because right now I wouldn't call them a contender, I would call them a playoff team. I wouldn't call them a contender, but those upside swings, like in Manu hits, those types of things could end up being the difference that maybe take this team to that contender status. So like, that's where I'm at with it. I think it's Mahoganies to lose. But at the end of the day, I'm like kind of rooting for Manu to, like, you know, just have that camp and get it together and show us that upside that you know that Brad and I believed it from the.
Speaker 1: One the one thing that might throw us off to and I don't want to discredit him. And this is partially my fall for not diving deep to the tape, and it's being judgmental of him as a throw in.
Speaker 2: But it is Juice Scrugs. Yeah, Juice Scrugs also got it, got some starts to train it on a very very shitty.
Speaker 1: Texans offensive line. But still, I mean equal pt to guys like Christian Mahaudy and Ben Bartch that we're also thrown in there.
Speaker 2: I think it is just as easy to believe that Ben Bartch and Jew Scruggs can win the starting left guard spot that Christian Mahauganey can. I think they are all in the same grouping of players and obviously starting off injured. Yeah, the injury is the biggest.
Speaker 1: Factor for all of them.
Speaker 2: You know, Ben Bartch, you said the only thing holding him back is really injuries. Christian Mahogany not starting off the season healthy is it's it's not good for him in that race. And you know, I again, I don't want to. I don't want you guys to think like I'm pulling for Manu or I think like he's gonna flip the script finally, But the most dangerous animal is a cornered animal and a wounded animal, and Giovanni Maneu has to know that his back's kind of against the wall here. I think Mahogany, there'd be more Mahoganies in the NFL.
Speaker 1: That's the common last name. No, Yeah, maybe Christian Mahogany eighteen starts. Ben Bartch twenty four, Juice Scruggs thirty, that's twenty. I think I won my two weirds, so that's more experience. It's more starts in christma Hogany. It's just it's it's up in the air. For sure, and him being injured is not not a great look for him. But prayers up. I want the dirt Bag to win. Like I said, I we love to watch his tape at Boston College, him running guys to the ground, that he's such a little like dirtbag is a perfect nickname for the guy. His first game against the Bears, being a little dirt bag too on the duo blocks getting downfield on the screens like I fuk with Christian Mahogany. But he's gotta went out and he's o Dissy is coming home with the suitors. Yeah, it's his he's coming.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of suitors looking for his spot, trying to take his penelope, and you look at.
Speaker 1: We should message him that motivate him. He's for sure, it's not Oh, for sure, he's got great taste. He's a great taste. Yeah, he's a big fay Ratha guy, which is why I fuck with him.
Speaker 2: Heavy made that knife chip and shatter. He's bluffing Austin. But that is the one thing that if never mind, I don't want to get into it. But Austin Butler not being in Doom three is gonna hurt. But Robert Pattinson is so it makes up for him fair and again. Christian Mahogney's injury, he was placed on the active non football injury list, So it's probably, I'm speculating, probably not something too worrisome. Maybe it's just a little, you know, bruise or bump that he's got to wait a week and then it'll be good to go, which is what I'm hoping. But either way, when it's day one, minute one of camp and you are truly truly in a battle for your position, it's not good to start injured.
Speaker 5: How you talked about you know, the fact that there are like these multiple sewers. Are these people that you'd all kind of put relatively on the same on on the same level of level of field. How many of these guys do you actually expect to be on the final fifty three man roster.
Speaker 2: I think the names on the competition they all are except for except for Giovanni Maneux. I think if healthy, Ben Bartch and Jew Scruggs would be very very good backup offensive lineman a half. I think Christian Mahogany you still got him on it. I mean, Miles Frasier, you got him on a super contract or a super cheap contract. He's a guy that could play ten if you know break classic case of emergency type of thing, you keep him there. I think it's make or break from a new through.
Speaker 1: Okay, I saw common there.
Speaker 2: Forgive me. I don't have that. I'm on the page of the name.
Speaker 1: But they thought that Juice Scruggs play center and he does, you know, also play guard if he had like two and fifty snaps the majority of the snaps last year at left guard, which is.
Speaker 2: The spot any spots so and it is interior offensive lineman. That's what this league is, man. You roster spots are too important. Roster spots are too precious to have a this is our left guard. No, this is an interior offensive lineman. They could play left guard, he could play right guard. He could play center. If they need him to, you can kick him out and play him at tackle. That's the value Juice too. He he can play center and a pinch for sure. And and we'll see what happens going forward. I hope Christian Mahogany has a very speedy recovery. But again as of now, put out there by the Lions and reported by our guy Doc Mcaroon. Chris Mahogany was placed on the non football active injury list, so probably not something too crazy. He didn't have to get put on the pupp list, which is an amazing sign, and he should be back, hopefully as as soon as next week. But Dan Campbell's definitely gonna tell us about.
Speaker 1: That in his presser. Pilgrimer pilgrim Berger is a great name. Bro, you'all forget about our alignment. Coach can come out of retirement. Shout to Hank Freeley, big ship. I don't think that's happened.
Speaker 2: Oh I forgot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did play left guard for a game player player coach. I think that was his first start and he played damn well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he played damn well player coach, Dan Skipper, I mean I'm here for uh but yeah, that's I mean, that's obviously something we don't want to have. Like I think sky Walker put it perfectly, like this is Christian mahogany spot to win. He he is the leader in the clubhouse. Obviously him and Penny sou will have a great relationship. He knows the scheme, he knows the system, he knows you know the type of he was in the Ben Johnson system before it went to the Johnny Morton system, so he's more crumpt with those type of plays.
Speaker 1: Some breaking news for the Detro Alliance fans and wanted Denzel Ward not happening. He was just paid by Cleveland browns int the new deal.
Speaker 3: Bro just sold his soul for some cash.
Speaker 2: A couple of super chats in there, Adam from the D says Wood Sports are cowards. Let me type filth versus blocking every variation of words. I can't even do us exclamation point for one for letters. He says that was sarcasm. By the way, this just feels personal. Lol. We are family We are a family friendly network here, Adam from the D.
Speaker 1: We are family friendly. But I did make a promise to chat Chris. Do you have the chair shut? So this is the chair I'm scrolling through Twitter. I saw I told Spencer your single guy, you should get this fucking chair.
Speaker 2: Look at this chair. Listen. I I don't know if I'm single anymore. Okay, you could still use the chair. It's a crazy horny chair. Facebook. That is complicationd counting with that chair.
Speaker 1: Imagine you get one that don't know what you're doing. You got the chair to teach her. That's the game plan there. But we're gonna go to break skywalk.
Speaker 2: We gotta double up.
Speaker 3: That's so crazy. Where can I get one?
Speaker 2: Let me tell you about these chairs?
Speaker 3: All right, guys, let me let me let it say it right. My twenty first birthday is coming up soon. You best believe I will be having water Hazard at my birthday. Water Hazard is a very first canned vodka cocktail from Founders. It's a vodka based cocktail at five percent ABV that's citrusy, refreshing, and gluten free, best served over ice with a slice of lemon. Preferably. Get five dollars cans at any art in Jake's location in Michigan on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays. Please drink responsibly and thrive. Let me tell you about Thrive. Most people think energy comes in a sixteen ounce can full of sugar and neon colored liquid. But you guys, you guys know better than that. It's time to upgrade your game with Thrive energy pouches. This isn't your daddy's dip. Shout out Nick. It's a tobacco free, nicotine free mental powerhouse packing three hundred milligrams of clean smart caffeine including Alpha GPC and alfa anine, no jitters, no sugar crash, and zero bloating. Thrive can be found online at dipstop dot com and remember to use the promo code WSN for fifteen percent off your entire order and exclusively at all Market Fresh and Market Square locations. Thrive Clean energy, zero distractions. They just fing work.
Speaker 8: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tiers on YouTube. Old Tigers All Design for the hardcore Detroit sports fans who can't get enough for the Motorcities teams all season one. You'll get non stop tires contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable inside from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 12: Some days call for light, others lean bold, what about everything in between? All Day IPA the easy choice for every day citrusy chrisp refreshing flavor. You can float with light on the hops, big on refreshment. One's great two even better brewed with you and money, no shortcuts, no fuss, big on flavor, never too much. All Day IPA hop.
Speaker 8: Into easy, Jimmy and Gibbs breakout season floating.
Speaker 13: It's how the five GPS to the EXE touchdown.
Speaker 8: Woodward slots the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 3: Looking for a career upgrade, check out Mortgage Pros, the number one mortgage broker to work for in the state of Michigan. We saw their incredible company culture firsthand at their annual block party. Their team truly loves what they do and it shows. With four point nine stars on Google and over four thousand reviews, the reputation speaks for itself. So if you're looking for a new job, give Mortgage Pros and Troy call it two four eight four one six one three six one Mortgage Pros. Let the Pros handle it.
Speaker 5: And for a block party, you gotta give Buddies Pizza, home of the original Detroit style pizza. They've been doing it for eighty years. They've been doing it a long time, and so they've diversified. It's not just pizza. They got bread, they got they got salads, they got they got chicken wings, they got meat balls, they got it all. Make sure you say ten percent of it all with the promo code ten meal. That's ten meal at Buddispizza dot com.
Speaker 4: Check it out?
Speaker 2: What up? Wecome bite whatever? Wa it's live?
Speaker 1: Which sports dot Com?
Speaker 2: Easy must Mimi Racks.
Speaker 1: You know, Chris Skywalker in the building, smash it like button bfriend to the friend and share the stream.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yesterday I couldn't find a way to convince myself the Detroit Lions would ever even attempt to.
Speaker 2: Trade for Vidavea. I just I couldn't en draw.
Speaker 1: Anything up to entertain you guys. I just I think it's it's none of all. It's not gonna happen. But today I forced myself to get a little creative.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: I sat in my chair that you guys previously.
Speaker 3: Shout out, Yeah, sat chair for ten hours I.
Speaker 2: Thought for freak. Yeah. Long would you trade Alle McNeil for Vida? Yes, of course I think so too.
Speaker 1: Twenty some.
Speaker 2: It would come with a contract. Obviously you'd have to pay uh Vitavera a lot of money. But yeah, I would. I would. I would say that Uh, I would say that vitave is more proven, he's more consistent, he he's a healthier player. Obviously a lie McNeil has more pass Russ upside past rush. But I mean Vitavea creates enough pressure up the middle to overcome that. I think, Yeah, I think Vidavea is a much more impactful player on a team that's trying to win a championship million. I don't think Tampa would do that.
Speaker 1: I don't think Tampa would do it either. Jeff was saying, I'm I'm not trying Batshev at all. But Jeff was like, sorry, we were the A side in that trade. No, brother, we might have to throw in.
Speaker 2: A pick to make that happen. Yeah, because as.
Speaker 1: Much as I love Alem when he was healthy, we haven't seen him healthy performed the way he did before the injury, and that he had the MCL injury, and then he had the ACL injury and m CON's waiting for it. I thought he saw it like splash some in the Tampa game, and I'm somewhat faithful that he could return it for him, But I don't know. And right now, as much as I picked on Booda earlier for complaining about the contract, you are paying the lead mcg deal a shit ton of money. You're not necessarly guaranteed to get a top ten tackle. If I get Vitavea, I'm gett to top five defensive tackle. In my opinion, he talking about disrupting defense as and causing chaos. Imagine what that motherfucker's doing the same defensive line as Aiden Hudginson, and it would get nasty.
Speaker 2: Detroit DC at the super Chase says spending lock in down Shelby question mark personal life personal All right, man, you know.
Speaker 1: Look out, but stay tuned on Woodward Love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, love, Woodward beats Woodward sheets. Uh no, that's that's something Nick would be involved in. Woodward Sheets. Now all right, going back to the top, I would don't ask me your mind for enough. Do you have to wear the hoods?
Speaker 7: Guys?
Speaker 2: I think we all thought the hoods were a good idea. Maybe they weren't executed well. Uh vive Yes, via a would make you a much better defensive line. Via like again, like I said, provides some stability. He uh, he provides some some uh some I think some I can't think of the word. But he's just a better player, flat out like, he is a better player, and he would cost some money. But shedding the Aliam contract would be part of that equation. Again, you would have to sweeten the deal big time to go out there and to pry him off of Tampa Bay's hands while taking on a contract like Alle McNeil's. So I don't know if it's a very realistic situation and where Brad Holmes would be willing to not only part ways with a guy that he believes in and he paid, but throw more draft compensation on top of that to bring in a guy like Vidavea and then pay him.
Speaker 1: If we were like if this offensive line had a little bit more cohesive this this is like their second year together, I would probably do because I think you're more within striking digits of a super Bowl this year as he saw with the Patriots. I'm kind of nervous about what we are in the postseason. It'll be pretty in the regular season, and we're gonna give you some rules and instructions. I don't watch twent twenty six Detroit lines and proper expectations. But I that's the other things stopped me is are we in position to do so, you know, trade assets and then pay Vita Vea when it's not necessary, guaranteed the super Bowl?
Speaker 2: You know the fucked up part. Can I tell you the most fucked up part? Guys? Tell me, he said. He wants to go play in California. Yep, he's going to them.
Speaker 1: He's going to the fucking Rams.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: I didn't make a mistake yesterday.
Speaker 2: Though I read it wrong.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be a four million dollar contract, you can here, It'd be eighteen million dollar contract.
Speaker 2: So you would have to swap like a.
Speaker 1: Lee McNeil or something with some big, big money on it. But that's the only creative way I could do it for you guys. Otherwise I think it's like a nothing burger.
Speaker 5: Is there a date when that contract does knock down to that like four point or just or just even lower for Vida?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's his final year, so yeah, yeah, yeah, it's just what it is.
Speaker 4: You're locked in, I feel.
Speaker 5: I know sometimes teams like inherit that money or whatever. So yeah, because that you could talk me into this being somewhat realistic at that four million, six million.
Speaker 2: Points, for sure, I could, but I would I would call it, bratt. You gotta look into this. The Los Angeles Rams are going to overpay for Vita Via in the trade. They're going to get them, and they're gonna have the best defensive line in the history of the NFL with Vitaveta, Vidavea, Aaron Donald, Miles Garrett and then another double digit sack guy on the other side. And your backups are Iron Turner still yeah fit and yeah, maybe you gotta give up Poona Ford to give vitave put Yeah. It's uh, it'd be fucked gonna happen, Bro, I'm telling you it's gonna happen. And the thing is, I mocked you a little yesterday too.
Speaker 1: You're talking about him going to go over in the ring in that situation, I don't even talk about it.
Speaker 2: Brother. If he if his end game is money, California is not the state for that. They tax up the wazoo. Brother. He ain't looking for money.
Speaker 1: He wants to win a ring and and and compete it looks like, and make some money on top of it. Obviously Tampa's not winn to pay m but it would have been done by now.
Speaker 3: If you're got a veil, why wouldn't you go to the RAMS? Like, there's not a single reason to really go to any other team outside of the Rams.
Speaker 2: You try DC with the super chat spending, you out kicked your coverage bad. Well, thanks, man, I'm trying. I'm trying that's the chair, dude, that's the chair. Blame it on the chair.
Speaker 1: If you bought the chair, what do you think her reaction would be?
Speaker 2: Let's let's role play here.
Speaker 3: It looks like it looks like a two seater.
Speaker 2: You're not doing this? What's that something for a later?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: I never want to hear you role play Shelly, you kick out your house. I can't even look at you anymore. You got anything else in the Skywalker?
Speaker 3: I would love to get Vita Vea, but the current stance for the lines are we have way other important things we got to upgrade than you know, getting uh liked. We got way too many problems on this defense to focus on a de tackle right now.
Speaker 2: I promise I didn't mean to skip the super chat, but I probably should have add him from the d with super chat. Show us her feet. Some people are cross. I want to see you, all right, get out of here.
Speaker 1: I had a never mind, that's a got nice feet.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Patreon? We'll make a Patreon tell that story. I was pimping out a girl once, notimp You want to see your feet? How much you want? You know how much money? I ain't give a funk about the feet.
Speaker 2: You can love her feet all you want. I was gonna break this is this is crazy. We got we gotta.
Speaker 1: Get this ship together. Do you want me to tell you guys about Icon, Yes, I will tell you about Icon. It's the Icon you count on. It's Icon Repair and collision. Makes you go to one of the three locations, one of a mass and Heights, Shelby Township and Pontiac because.
Speaker 2: They've always got you covered.
Speaker 1: They offer free car owners and even pay you reductible visit icon auto dot com. It's the Icon you can count on.
Speaker 2: A ton of.
Speaker 8: Sun, a ton of sports, a ton of Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights Live to seven pm on WoT.
Speaker 2: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit. And that's why I think it's cool.
Speaker 14: I think with opportunity, right, like you said, maybe you like to punch people in the face for real, and you know you want to be a boxer, and you have an option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face and you want to make you know, you like the theatricals and the storylines, and so if you have an avenue here, maybe you start at one and then want to change the other. I don't care. I just want you in the building and know that you have some place to go to explore that.
Speaker 15: Just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want to do it to the best of your ability?
Speaker 3: And you know it.
Speaker 15: As to me, it all starts with the kids.
Speaker 8: The hunting season is almost to your detroits and your lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports. Were all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, common Row first downs, fancakes, Kurmy picks, Gimm's big plays, and of course Jack.
Speaker 7: Fox his leg yes day.
Speaker 8: Locked in on all your lines coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network.
Speaker 9: Sports.
Speaker 4: Supreme Lending is the dream team.
Speaker 5: Ninety seven percent customer satisfaction, scored ninety nine percent on time, they got zero percent down paying programs, and when you mentioned what we're sports, you get five hundred dollars off your appraisal. If you're looking for a new house, why wouldn't you hit up Supreme Lending?
Speaker 4: Call Chat and Chris. Our numbers are on the screen. Check it out.
Speaker 2: I touched the picture of that chair to the to our chat and Nick asked if became in white, welcome to mor Everyone's living with sports dot com. I'm easy, joy bestman. You look at that? You want me putting that in my house?
Speaker 1: Young Chris Skywalker smashed like Bud. Be a friend to a friend and share the stream.
Speaker 2: Mike G. Shout out to Mike G. Good to see him, he says, Spenny, have you watched this show called Little Singles. There's a gal named Christa who, to me is the closest thing to tiny Tina. I have not. My sister used to watch Little People. Big World Show sucked. She used to watch all those stupid STLC shows like Amish Raising Amish, The Sister Wives and TV No no, no, no no no, those that's peak cinema, like yeah, Next, Room Raiders and stuff.
Speaker 1: But no, my girl watches the fucking sixteen.
Speaker 2: Team Mom and scause.
Speaker 1: This dumb hore got pregnant with the fucking MAKERO famous.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's dumb. At least Room Raiders was entertaining. Yeah, Room Raiders was good. Next was good, Parental Control was good. Jersey Shore Elite, The Biggest Loser, Biggest Losers good. Yeah, Old MTV used to be great, and they would have like fucking Fantasy Factory, the Challenge, Ship, the Challenge, that's what came, Nitro Circus good stuff. That was MTV was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just sixteen pregnant Yeah m TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Team Bomb Reunion. Yeah. Now they're thirty in Grandma. She was slat when she was sixteen looking at her down.
Speaker 3: That makes the one viewer.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, thirty two in Grandma like a fuck.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah.
Speaker 1: All the days are like, oh never mind, we're not getting there.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Moving on, Daniel Jones reports the McAfee show that he will be participating in training camp. You guys, correct me if I'm wrong. Daniel Jones tore his achilles the same injury as Brian Branch. Yeah, a week after Brian Branch.
Speaker 2: Might wrong. I say it was right around there, right around the same time. Is it because he plays quarterback?
Speaker 1: Maybe's little bit less movement there is, like, is there hope that Brian Branch could be.
Speaker 2: Here sooner than later? One a pick off the phone and he's junking too. I think that Daniel Jones needs to prove he's still worth it to the Colts. They're tall, you're talking about a ridiculous amount of money with Daniel Jones. Yeah, Brian Branch is gonna get a lot of money. Safety money and quarterback money are not the same thing. I think if Brian Branch, I don't want to say this too like, you know, just blah blah, but I think Brian Branch is kind of guaranteed with the Lions. I think he knows they want to sign him. I think they know they want to sign him, and I think he's going to get a contract that's gonna make him one of the highest paid safeties in the NFL and he doesn't have to really sweat about it. Daniel Jones a different story. I don't know he's already paid, though there's more reasons. Is he isn't this his last year? Unlike a team friendly deal.
Speaker 1: Guys, it's a weird contract. I think that might Nevin twenty twenty seven as well.
Speaker 2: I think Daniel Jones needs to prove that he's worth a certain amount of money. If Brian Branch had to go right now, would he be able to play. I think he'd be ready to get back sooner than later, Like if we were talking more two months away from the playoffs, then I think Brian Branch would be able to be back. But I don't think they're rushing him off of this either, And I think that's the right call. I think you want playing in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm cool with not rushing Brian Branch, but I just mean, like for the timetable, can we expect him back earlier now versus the later.
Speaker 2: Obviously gonna take the time getting him back. I think you can expect him back around November. He's missed a I think yeah, I think first first half of the season. I would be surprised to see Brian Branch. The wise David Jones back is because.
Speaker 5: It's it's the quarterback, like you can you can disguise a lot of it, like he can spend a half.
Speaker 4: Of that playbook and shotgun, you know what I mean, Like they can.
Speaker 2: Less reason put him out there if he's fucked up sun money.
Speaker 5: I know, I know, but I'm saying I'm saying like I'm saying, like they're just the play to play wear and tear and and physical taxing that that a safety will have to do versus a quarterback act that's insulated properly. I think that that is I think that that is the difference there in this in this injury return, I think that's all it is. And look, Daniel Jones, I mean he's shown that this is who he is. Remember he had the leg injury and everybody's like, don't play and he's like, he's.
Speaker 4: Like I got this. Yeah, Like that's just who he is.
Speaker 5: That's how he's been And all's this report is saying that he's showing up for training camp. It doesn't mean that the Coats are going to decide to play him. Yeah, and there it's also it's.
Speaker 2: Just we got guys show up that we're put on pump already. Daniel Jermian Brinch does not have any guaranteed salary this year, but he does. It's someone that they get forty nine million dollars, he says, twenty twenty seven guaranteed salary of thirty year old dollars per over the cap of seven oh twenty twenty six. Okay, well, still his guaranteed salary is only five million dollars.
Speaker 1: But if you go to the to the right where says dead cap and savings, that red is what he's making for sure, because that's what they would pay if they got cut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if he doesn't play and he's not cut, I mean, where does the rest of that salary come from? Then? Bonuses and game and playing games, Like he's got to play in games to make his full contract getting paid a half a million dollars per game. Let me see, I'm not just looking at it, Andy, he needs, you know, a lot of those incentives to reach that number. So you know when you're yeah, you have a nineteen million dollar cap hit, but you're only seeing five and a half million of that guaranteed, You're gonna want to get out there and playing games so you can get the signing bonuses, thirty other guaranteed. This right here is saying five and a half for this year. He's got two years eighty eight million up, two hundred million incentives, sixty million guaranteed, So thirty this year, thirty next year. Are you over the cap I'm looking over the cap. Yeah, you see how.
Speaker 1: It's red under like that caps and savings. Yeah, But why did that red numbers? Well, he's guaranteed if he were to get cut from the team. That's why he's making regardless.
Speaker 2: So why does it say guaranteed salary five point five million dollars. That's just the guarantee. Like Sally for that year, they got.
Speaker 1: Like salary bonuses, pro rated bone signing bonus.
Speaker 2: So if they don't cut him and he's just injured and can't play, he's making thirty million, then why is that that over the cap? Fucking sucks. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm kind of with Cristo where it's like that it's difference of positions. Who are you with this guywalk you play football?
Speaker 3: I mean like in terms of our quarterback, you can do a lot of things to play around that. I imagine if he does come in early in the season, they are gonna have his foot wrapped like to the gills, Like it's almost gonna look like he's wearing a boot. And that's fine. You can get away with that, and you can get away with that based on formation or whatever it may be. As long as he is still able to throw the ball, he's gonna be fine. I imagine they're gonna do everything they can to make sure he doesn't like run outside the pocket or nothing like that. But with Brian branch and being a defensive back, like you're making cuts, you're you're putting a lot of forward weight on on that achille and you know, like just one wrong tweak Brian Branch could reinjure it. It's not really the case with Daniel Jones, and like we said, like he's coming at training camp. We don't know for sure if he's gonna be starting week one or anything like that, but it's just less uh less labor and doing inducing for a quarterback in regards to his achilles.
Speaker 1: I just describe to that. I mean, that makes sense. I just got a little excited. Maybe I should calm myself down. But Brian Branch were my favorite players.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be back.
Speaker 4: It'll be fine, especially when like Branch is.
Speaker 5: You know what makes Branch so great is that is that his instinct in his burst and the way he just shoots down and fly, Like you need extra time for that for that to get right, to get to one hundred percent. And that's where Brian Branch will be at his effectiveness.
Speaker 4: And we talk about all.
Speaker 5: The time, like if the Lions have this easy schedule, like I'm cool with playing the waiting game with him. I'm cool with playing the waiting game with Kirby and all of that. Like you know, bring him back at some point to get some reps. But we don't gotta we don't gotta rush just back.
Speaker 2: We don't.
Speaker 4: We don't need him for the fucking Saints. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Alas, it's a track, I mean ship Tyler shock, dude. What we have wide receiver duals coming up?
Speaker 1: I feel like that's one that could emerge in that conversation at some point in the future.
Speaker 2: Not right now, but we're ranking.
Speaker 1: Our top five wide receiver duels later on the show. Now that the Saints, they just drafted that new kid, uh Tyson, Jordan Tyson, Jordan Tyson, and they already got chrys Olave as well. But again, that's a I gotta see if Jordan Tyson first, it was.
Speaker 2: A crazy shitty draft. I trying to hop on or I just don't think he's nice like that quite yet.
Speaker 4: Olave also never stays healthy.
Speaker 3: So Lave is a dog when he is healthy.
Speaker 2: Yea, a copy man. He's got twelve concussions, dude. Kell Moore is a pretty good offensive mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe a second year for Shuck under Callen's offense. I thought the officer straight when Kellen was here to Detroit.
Speaker 2: It was blow me sixty nine and sixty nine with the super chair. He said, Michigan State is up tomorrow for Big Ten Media Day. What are some questions you want to ask Pat and some players if you could attend. Are you gonna make a bowl game? Are you gonna have a pulse like I? I don't know if I can get into the media day questions about Michigan State. They don't deserve to be asked questions at this point. They're an irrelevant program. They haven't made a bowl game and went three years four years a bowl game, not the playoff, a fucking bowl game. I'm gonna ask I would ask them, do you have pride and being a spartan in being a part of that organization which was for the majority of my life one of the best sports complexes amongst any college team when you look at the Big three of sports, and now they are a completely irrelevant football program. So what are you gonna do to fix it?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna help out on the recruiting end the team and it's all safe for now.
Speaker 1: Skyworks and buy some tighter clothes, help get some players in.
Speaker 2: I believe in coach Fitzgerald. Do I believe they're going to they should have, they're gonna be. They need to be in a playoff game or not a playoff game, a bowl game this year, and I think they will unless they fixed a good coach.
Speaker 1: But he was a good coach before the modern era of college football. So it's you see a video where they're asking, is Kyle Kyle Whittingham, how do you have players come in your office and tell you you'll want more money all the time?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: For sure, How fuck this? That's crazy? College football is a shit show? Yeah, he's something. He literally on rich Is the show was like, yeah, we should just move this into a minor league for the NFL. I mean, that's where they're at with it.
Speaker 1: I don't. I'm listening.
Speaker 2: I enjoy the product in the field. I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not a traditional college football fan like a lot of people that kind of hated this days.
Speaker 2: I just I like to watch good football.
Speaker 3: I think like, if you want to pay for their tuition, like the scholarship, yeah absolutely. If they want to make their own brand and use their name, image and likeness, that's great, go do your thing. But giving them money, I feel like there's just less incentive to be great and go to the next level when you're already making millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: You know, and Danny Cheese's MSU hazing scandal loading good. Give me a hazing scandal means they're gonna bring some fucking toughness bag in a lot, some great bag in the locker room. Rather have a hazing scandal and be a bunch of pushovers.
Speaker 1: Lucas Klassen sports shag. You can get them at least in Nebraska level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, you gotta be. I believe the floor every year should be competing for the playoffs. But right now it's making a Bowl game. And then I think in you know, year two, then you could talk about trying to put yourself in playoff contention.
Speaker 1: The thing he was asking for too, is a salary cap. He's asking around like fifty million because you got the bigger programs and me. He's coint like baseball teams more money, you're gonna have better players.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Mark Cuban just bought a championship for Indiana, literally fucking Indiana. Yeah, a ball school. I gets insane.
Speaker 1: We watch them whoop up on Alabama the playof I never my wife thought I'd see that ship.
Speaker 2: And that's why I said.
Speaker 1: The football on the field is a better product in my opinion. I I'm enjoying it, to be honest with you. Yeah, the wild Wild West. Hey man, Tom Gores do something.
Speaker 2: Man, that's dude. The amount of money that Michigan State has Ishba Gorrit Gilbert, Like, fuck man, didn't they They did it when Tucker was there as much as they should. That's why we lost out on But.
Speaker 4: Like didn't need Mark.
Speaker 2: Mark Cuban blank check. He said, however much money you need, you can ask.
Speaker 1: That's just a bunch of billionaires in with Indiana.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I actually just met one m SU's board of trustees. I don't remember her name, but she the governor elected her, and like she was at Valet or whatever, and I was talking to her and like the urge to be like, just paid for my last year please.
Speaker 2: Like that's where it starts, man, That's where it starts with the board of trustees. That's uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Shawn's got the do you Seahn's been obviously covered Michigan Safe for like before we were born.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what is it? Isn't that a group of guys on the trustees is don't allow the pass the times. Yeah, it's just a shit show.
Speaker 1: In general, it's whatever I off Michigan State football.
Speaker 2: The president of Michigan State used to come into my bathroom at my job and throw up in the morning, and she would take money out of the tip jar to buy coffee. The current president No, no, she got put it in a while ago. That's fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I should beat her ass playing.
Speaker 2: I remember the first time I saw her. I was like, well, that's pretty cool. And then she took money out a tip yard to pay for a coffee and was thrown up in the bathroom, and I.
Speaker 13: Was like, all right, I'm the president. God, damn, alright, what the fuck is this? All right, let me tell you about Mad Packs. You're not gonna be thrown up in the bathroom smoke mad Packs. Go to get madpacks dot Com and find a store near you carrying the best products in the game, whether it was the High, Low, pre Rolls, Boomshot Lock. Tarantela's tac was to pick these moon Rocks or any of their top shelf strains. Go to get madpacks dot com and find it near you today, Mad Flavor, Mad High, Mad Packs.
Speaker 9: For more Detroit Tigers coverage.
Speaker 8: Make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube.
Speaker 9: Old Tigers all the time for the hardcore Detroit sports.
Speaker 8: Fans who can't get enough for the Motor City's teams.
Speaker 9: All season long, you'll get non.
Speaker 8: Stop Tigers contents from Hofield, interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 16: It's game on at artin Jakes, wings burgers, pizza, and ice cold drinks served up with attention to detail, Wall to Wall TV's great service and a vibe that keeps your crew coming back. Artin Jakes a sports bar setting with a fine dining flavor.
Speaker 8: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we.
Speaker 7: Do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our shots.
Speaker 9: Woodward Sports.
Speaker 1: You can post up anywhere to watch sports.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing. Not every place is gonna have UFC, which I enjoy. Not every place is gonna have great food, which I enjoy. That's why I go to Art and Jakes. That's why you should go to Art and Jakes. I got several.
Speaker 1: Locations around the great City of Michigan, got ATV's walla Wall in each and every single one, twenty two beers plus on tap and the greatest menu in the game. It's a fine dining food and the sports bar atmosphere, sports bar atmal fear. What if to welcome back to whatever? It's live sports dot Com easy. You must to be a Rax You and Chris Skywalker. We got Dom joining it as well, smashing like button, be a friend to the friends, share the stream. The one thing I did want to point out I'm meant to do this during the B toa BA segment though, is I do think and we've talked about it before too Lions fans, turn off your brain when it comes to V de veil and be excited for Tyler Coyams. I mean, the closer we get to the season, the more a little bit of tape I'm watching. I'm just a tape that I've watched myself, Stuff that I gut coached put out on all twenty two, stuff that I got football owls put out. There's tape Week eighteen, Tyler Williams taking the All Pro Joe Toney of the Chicago Bears to task, whooping that ass and getting the backfield easily. There's tape and by the way, it's the divisional pony. You see him twice a year, and he's getting older. Tyler getting younger, smarter, stronger, wiser, lose a.
Speaker 2: Little bit of weight.
Speaker 1: And then he got another tape to him going against Donovan Jackson, the first round pick in the Minnesota Vikings, another guy you'll see two times a year for years to come. Also taking him shoving his punk ass in the backfield too. Like I b hype for Tyler Williams, don't think about Vitavea. It's not realistic, not gonna happen. But Tyler Williams, he's already flashing some stuff in his rookie year alone.
Speaker 2: You should be excited for it. Yeah, I'm very high on what Tyler Williams is gonna be this year. I really liked the draft pick when Brad made it. I thought it was the most Brad Holmes asqu draft pick at that spot where it's a guy with high upside, a guy that I think could turn into a pretty dominant force in the interior of the defensive line for the Detroit Lions. He showed you a lot of things last year, Like you said, battling the protector of the year in Joe Toney investing him multiple times. He did a very good job later in the season of when he knew he wasn't winning a pass rush rep or getting to the quarterback, he was getting his big meaty claws up in the r and knocking down some balls. I think with his improved stamino, with his improved fitness, we're going to see a very good version of Tyleague Williams. And I said it before, I'm gonna say it again. I think Tyler Williams and Jack Campbell can be the best run stuffing combo in the NFL. I think you've got two guys that are going to flash elite, elite elite capabilities in that aspect. Tyler Williams still obviously a lot to be shown from that, but I think he's right there. I think he's going to really provide the Detroit Lions with aggression, violence, and just a massive man in that point of attack against the run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, run defense. He showed flashes last year. I'd said equal to a DJ reader who's been in the league for a very long time in terms of a space, either block, either whatever you want to call it in the run game.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: So odd second spinning on the run blocking tandem. I mean they go hand in hand, yeah, and jelly spagheedi mead bolt, whatever a combination you want to use.
Speaker 2: I think they could be it.
Speaker 1: We got some Jeff of Silas says, are you saying rookies can make a second year jump?
Speaker 2: It's true they can. They can.
Speaker 1: Isaak Tesla might make a second year jump. I think I see catches six touchdowns.
Speaker 2: I think the biggest second year jumps we're gonna see are of the two big boys. I think Tate Ratlie and Tyler Williams I've talked about. I think Tate Ratlie is going to solidify himself as the second best offensive lineman on this team next year. And I think he kind of was that going down the stretch last year, even where he you know, outside of a rough start with the communication with different things like that, in the second half of the season, he was a fantastic interior offensive lineman, the best rookie interior offensive lineman. So I think he's gonna take a step forward. And as same with Tylee. I think I really like both of these picks for Brad, not only because I was, you know, championing both of these guys in the draft process. But I don't just say shit because I think it looks good. Like I had a lot of belief in both of those guys turning out to be superior NFL talent.
Speaker 1: Dark cash as I thought Tyler looked cheeks his first year, so I thought, well, I thought everyone.
Speaker 2: Said Tyler was Cheeks his rookie year. Hmmm.
Speaker 1: It wasn't the greatest rookie year, but it wasn't all you're asking to have a rookie in that first year unless you're putting them in a starting position and you're in route to Super Bowl like tearing out maybe a little bit too. All you asked was the Flashes, show me the potential, and then from there you chain it together and you bring it like assistant level. I think he gave you that plenty of times.
Speaker 2: Super Chat from side list, he said, are you all right? The same one? Never mind? Yeah, I thought it popped up again, but my chat just refreshed. Yeah, I mean, you don't respect me as a man. You're gonna need him. You're gonna need him like you lost DJ Reeder, you lost Roy Lopez. Those were two guys in the middle that were making an impact for you on a year when you didn't make the playoffs. So you're gonna need what it was last year, and then more of it scout into the Maxis spending the brad Bot. Wow, how times have changed.
Speaker 1: I remember a certain day at twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: I'll want to kill us just a few short months, a few long years.
Speaker 1: I think he's showing though hashtag Walkward sports hashtag Walkward all right, I want to get that off my chest. When it came to Toddy Williams. We do have a couple of other things too, but I guess I'll smash well these together till we get to break. And that's the.
Speaker 2: Uh where I want to go here. We got players in a roster bubble that Eachroy Lions or we have some preseason power rakings from Fox's two players on the bubble.
Speaker 1: Players on the bubble we already discussed one earlier today. That's obviously Geevonni Manu. Another one I want to bring up. It's a fan favorite. Although we've you get to see much of them at all, any of them at all actually regular season.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go first. I'm on hasnin Yeah, I mean you look at you know the amount of investments they've made onto that position. You know you brought in DJ want him to be the starter. You used the second round pick in Derek Moore to be your best ed rusher outside of Aiden Hutchinson. You brought in a guy in Peyton Turner that is kind of a Marcus Toavenport clone, but now asked to be maybe the third guy in rotation rather than a starter. And they like the couple of udfa's that they brought in as well, so I know they love him Ed Hassenin and I know that he is, like you said, he booked up a little bit. He switched to number ninety nine. He might be trying to provide more of a Josh Pascal type role for this team. And we know how much Dan loves his versatility, and a versatility and a player like Amed who could possibly play inside or outside is appealing. But there I've talked about it before being probably the deepest edge room that you've had under Dan Campbell, and I agree with that. I think it's a I think it's a spot that he's going to have to earn. It is a spot that you know you do have the foreign player exemption or whatever. I don't know if that the rookie year just a rookie year. I could be wrong with that though, but I don't know if that plays to the active roster or not. But uh yeah, it's it's gonna be a battle for a lot of spots and he's definitely on the chopping block. I expect him to make the team. I do expect him to be one of those guys. I think he can beat out both of the udfa's that you had this year. But you know you've got on top of Aden Hutchinson. I think three guys comfortably ahead of you in in dj Wantam and Derek Moore, and in Peyton Turner.
Speaker 1: I would also go with a guy that I was once high on. I thought he could offer some something in the pass rush from the interior, especially in the absence of a Lee McNeil. Unfortunately, just you can't rely on, but enough to be on the field during run plays, and that is Makay Wingo. I think he may also be on the roster bubble. You drafted two guys, got Levi Ean Zerka coming up. I by the way, that the guys you drafted to are the same compact, smaller defensive tackles that you're looking to help rush the passer. I think that's a clear cut sign that as much as I was hopeful for, Makay, ain't showing what they like to see so far.
Speaker 2: And Camp, Yeah, I think McKay wing goes bubble. I think McKay wing goes bubble has popped. I don't expect him to make the team this year. Maybe you can keep him on the practice squad, but I think it was pretty apparent last year when you had the litany of injuries you did and he was being a healthy scratch for a lot of games. I don't think they could find the role for him that they want. And uh, it sucks, but yeah.
Speaker 1: I gotta go back though, if memory serves me correctly, he did have a good game.
Speaker 2: He did against the Bears. Yeah, he did so.
Speaker 1: I mean, but the you talk about the guys that are in the bubble, I mean that's I'm still gonna him. And we know we've seen guys perform even more consistently than than mackay when we had James Houston here. Unfortunately, they just didn't fit what they want routinely on run plays. I mean they're they're vary seriesby stop of the run. And I don't blame him by the way too, because everything else is kind of shit. You gott to force these teams to pass because.
Speaker 2: The defense is a stacked like that. Absolutely, they drafted Skylar Gill Howard and Tyree West, two guys are the same profile as Makai Wingo and a little bit more versatile in them too, where they could jump out on the edge despite the size.
Speaker 1: You got any other names on there for you? And now we talked about Manho briefly.
Speaker 2: What about Ennis Rakestraw.
Speaker 1: That's the name that popped up in my head when I was thinking of him. But with the absenttarian, I feel like they need them.
Speaker 2: But if you can't, like stay healthy, how how long can you just have that keeping up a roster spot, taking away you know, snaps and looks that you could get for these other guys. You brought in a lot of secondary players. Yeah, I think you need him to be good, but if you can't, he hasn't played a game yet in his career. He's played a few, but just not impactful more special team snaps and some here and there snaps with some Snickel Fritz.
Speaker 1: Uh listen, I'm not mady you' for me his name up again.
Speaker 2: I thought of it too.
Speaker 1: I think the investment they made in him as a second round pick, they saw some upside. I mean, Brad that is, it's depending on the coaching staff believes in them too, where they see him on the field dated day. But I went with Khalil Dorsey just because I think he's just as injured, although he's been on the field more than this point. But Clode Dorsey and I don't think that's an It's not evenly.
Speaker 2: A hot take. I don't think so either.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: I just feel like my philosophy is I'm gonna keep a hell of a lot more defensive players than offensive players, because every single year it seems to be the defense that is falling by the wayside. It seems to be the defense that is that is the that is the unit that is that is worn down, beaten down and needs and needs help.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 5: I think Ray Kishaw should one hundred percent be considered on the block. I think that is totally fair. I understand that he is a second round draft pick, but look, you're past that point, like, like, man, you need you need that secondary needs help bad. And this roster, this defense overall needs help bad. Like you need just talent on the defensive side of the football. Forget about the forget about you know, like anything else, forget about the investments you made this and that you need to have talent on that side of the ball because there is a deficiency on the defense at every layer and that needs to be addressed if this team is going to have any shot at being a real contender. We've all said it all year, it comes down to the defense. So to me, like anybody that hasn't performed on the defensive end is absolutely in question and absolutely and absolutely is somebody.
Speaker 4: That I would consider.
Speaker 5: And rayc Astraw, I get the investment, I get the politics of it, but you haven't done shit and it's year three now.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, politics side of me. You don't need bodies terry on. You gotta find someone to play that some way, somehow. I saw someone coming Rodriguez. I think he's your favorite start at the will linebackers spot. If I'm talking linebackers, I'm maybe thinking like Trevor Owawski or the Mont Clark, you guys that are kind of known for.
Speaker 2: Being a special team or is not on the field. Malcolm Rodriguez is making this team for sure. What Watski's actually play some snap sets? Sam, Yeah, I think Malcolm Rodriguez is in a competition for a starting spot, but not a roster spot, yep, because see what he does on special teams is important and what you know, the versatility like full back, he you know, I mean, I'm not expecting him to play a bunch of snaps at full back, but if he doesn't win that starting spot, that's somewhere you can put him. And he looked pretty good. But he was playing there. So we're talking about protecting golf, talking about not having good pass blocking running backs. Throw Malcolm back there in a pass set, he'll pick up a blitz. Play some full back for show.
Speaker 5: What do you guys attribute that step back we saw from the special special teams last year?
Speaker 2: What do you attribute that to? Was it having Grant Steward return kicks? I mean that was one two, But I think Dave Fipp was just fucking around last year.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Chris, that's a great question though, because we were uncuriously uncharacteristically like not, yeah, Jack Bates wasn't good.
Speaker 2: Your return game wasn't good.
Speaker 1: That's a great question because I don't necessarily have the answer to that one.
Speaker 2: Not the Jalen. Maybe it's it's the new kickoff. Yeah, they were still gonna adjusted too. I mean, I don't I don't know. That's a good question. Jailing reason. Maybe was it all pro and.
Speaker 1: We were the ones that proposed the fucking kickoff rule? Yeah, we we wanted this.
Speaker 5: I think it's probably been If I had to guess, it would probably be like the slow drip of like talent loss on special teams. Like I I just feel like a couple of years ago, I'd have to look at the rosters side by side, but I feel like the special teams unit was better a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was. I mean, glad, I'm sorry, I was your kid. When you pay all these guys contracts, you can't afford to pay special team players anything, So it's gonna be just you know, cast asides.
Speaker 1: I will say, And they'll utilize your stars too. I mean, I don't know now the Jack paid, but Jack was playing special teams too. Demon of special teams.
Speaker 2: Do you imagine that guy coming down the field that.
Speaker 1: I kickoff terrifying by the way, I just sa found this star earlier today. Previously on the old kickoff rules is like twenty nine percent teams returning kicks turn them into touchdowns offensively.
Speaker 2: Now if you.
Speaker 1: Get moved up, it's a little bit more of those fair catches. It's like jump to forty percent. Yeah, so over ten percent jumping. There's new kickoff rules here to stay. They want points on the board, they want fantasy, they want gamble, and they want numbers. This is my opinion for sure.
Speaker 2: No, I agree, I like the new kickoff rules something I.
Speaker 7: Like it too.
Speaker 2: I'm I just can't wait for teams to get.
Speaker 1: More creative with it, like get a little ballsy, you know, like a little little handoffs or some ship back there.
Speaker 2: So he used to be freaky and he has to do that. In high school, we'd have the diamond in the back with the four guys returning where he catch the ball and yeah, yeah that one is fakely they caught either way, it would work. Sometimes we got a couple of touchdowns. See, anytime they take their eyes off stash, you get him the ball touchas stud. Oh dude, he was. He led the state in yards for like four weeks to start to start to start his junior year. No way. Yeah, he was as fast as fuck and he was the I think he was the h back in the wing tea, so you'd get all the this reverse Diskevitch.
Speaker 1: Diskevitch doesn't look like that at all though, no shot the stash. He is a prince in Poland. He actually has a castle that is his family's castle, and he is one of the last. Him and his brothers are like the last mail to Skeveches, so like it's their castle.
Speaker 2: By right. We talk about going and taking it from Poland, but we have for raising banners when we get back. We have our wide Receiver duo rankings maybe pulling yes, Poland. We have some preseason rankings from Fox. I think it is some crazy I could be wrong. I was wrong last year.
Speaker 1: I was shitting on Colon cow hard when we had the Seahawks up there and then winning the Super Bowl. Maybe I'm tripping you guys tell me, but I think the Fox presas and rankings kind of out of pocket in my opinion, disrespectful hells my Detroy Lions. But I was you guys decide that. I'll put a poll in the chat before them. Let's pay some bills. Let me tell you about the yaldo I Center. Some of these guys that foxmen need to get their eyes checked at the yardo Ice Center have been doing it for over thirty years, over one hundred thousand operations of back pocket and that's why most procedures are done and under eight minutes, and most places are seeing twenty twenty the very next day. Save your money, just the one time payment of sixteen ninety nine. Stop paying endless amounts of money for contacts, for glasses, things that get lost. Get the one time fix of the Yeldowiiciner. Visit yeldowisiner dot com slash sixteen ninety nine for your consultation.
Speaker 8: The hunting season is almost here, Detroits, and your Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, COmON Roth first downs, Kenny Pancakes, Kirmy Picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg Stay locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network, Sports Jimia Gibbs breakout season floating in.
Speaker 9: Saw the five kits to the exaw touchdown.
Speaker 8: Woodward Sports the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 2: Loom Cannabis. Go to loom dot com to find a location near you. Use promo code WSN thirty to get thirty percent off your order and grab some of the buzzing energy seven and a half miligrams DC one hundred milligrams caffeine in a can. There are delicious. Go check them out. Go to loom dot com. It's Loom Cannabis.
Speaker 1: I put the poll in the chat a little bit late. Get your votes in. All right, we got the wide Receiver ranking Wide Receiver duo rankings. I should say we got around the league with rookie Dom and he got Fox NFL and Fox NFL power rankings. They're way too early preseason power rankings. Why personally feel like the story lines are respected? Yes, only four votes, though, what are we doing?
Speaker 7: Chat?
Speaker 1: I don't see you guys driving seven votes around the league seeing?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, guys, let's get your phones while you're driving. Being grown ups, you know.
Speaker 1: Don't don't do that.
Speaker 2: God damn it, Lucas, what the fuck is that ship? Bro? What fucking Lucas. The picture you just sent in the group chat is disgusting ball sick um.
Speaker 1: Uh Demon Clark will start new Anzos is Jay Roth three went three.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's Damon or Damon, but uh, non special teamer put it to you like that. Yeah, non special teamer. We compete.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a battle. Yeah. I mean he's got the opportunity to win the spot. He does, He truly does. Like they actually mean that shit when they say they want competition, when they want battles. Everybody has an opportunity to win that spot. Do you think he's better than Malcolm Rodriguez? I don't.
Speaker 1: Uh, I listen, I'm not don't. I don't use this site all right. I'm gonna go to it for reference. Was trying to see if he played will linebacker. That's what I'm trying to see right now. Like went to PFF. He had a thirty overall grade.
Speaker 2: I think Malcolm Rodriguez right now is the best coverage linebacker on your team. He ranked zero.
Speaker 1: Eighty eight linebackers zero zero.
Speaker 2: That's what it has. Zero thh.
Speaker 1: Not great, but well, listen, I'll do more homework. I just I've never dove deep on him because've always seen as a special teamer. That was the read up I did on him, and I just never I'm not gonna go watch tape on special teams.
Speaker 2: It's not not for me. No, that's I'm glad you don't do that. That's you'd have a problem if you do it, or your Dave Fip which again Dave Phip jobs on the line, jobs not on the line, but yes, that's year your he was in your ass for a long time, like fucking Grant Steward returning kicks. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? Do we miss him in this linebacker room? By the way, he was supposed to be like a landso two point zero two point oh because the anel was leaving light skinns like like improved career special teams. Yeah, you know, Taylor Reeves mayben same kind of thing, like great special teams guys to have they pop up to make a couple of plays here and there and spelling somebody for an injury arrest. Sure they can't, but are they a starter?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: What's the pole saying right now?
Speaker 5: It is saying around the league by landslide around the league is up about ten percent.
Speaker 1: All right, dom.
Speaker 2: Shot kid, don't fucking blow it.
Speaker 6: Don't blow I might blow it. I might blow it. I'm feeling it. I think all those boats are my family. They're all tapped in. Shout out, all right, yeah, shout out to the fans.
Speaker 4: Don't make a fool of your family name.
Speaker 2: I don't ruin your family name.
Speaker 6: Everybody in chat was talking about I saw them talking about MSU women. Then I went to ASU women. Then I went to ASU parties. So I'm here to break some hearts. ASU parties are not like they were ten fifteen years ago. Tempe is dead now. I tell people this, I blow their minds. Don't go to a party at ASU. It gets shut down in thirty seconds. Don't go to the butt ASU. It will get raided. You'll get two hundred and seventy mips like they gave out in one night. I'm not saying I've ever been there, done these things, participated in these things. Yes, good, good Good does not support underage drinking, underage substance abuse, any.
Speaker 2: Of that unless you want to be really cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah no, I'm really cool.
Speaker 9: I don't want to approval.
Speaker 2: Maybe the chat I forgot to take you. The last time we brought it up to the chat, they said you just didn't get invited. Yeah, oh that is what Okay, Well they were talking shit. I mean maybe I feel like you're a personal guy. Personally guy, you got connections to the football team, you definitely get invites.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you definitely get Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean I've been to a couple. Maybe I'm too cool for them. Maybe I just don't go see, I don't know.
Speaker 2: MSU parties are pretty.
Speaker 6: MSU parties are way better. I'm there every Halloween, Halloween, Halloween.
Speaker 1: I think Michigan will allow it because we know we got the winner, right, Yeah, we need this.
Speaker 6: Well, even Halloween, I'm freezing. I had to walk from Grand River to Hubbard and if you know ms u's campus, I'm talking like over by, like all the area. Yeah, all the way back to Hubbard.
Speaker 2: I used to live on Gunson and would have to walk to the comm Arts side building, which is the complete opposite corner of campus every day walk.
Speaker 6: So I was there last week doing Snyder Phillips the Commardes every day shout out. Farm Lane is closed, so arm Lane walks on, Yeah, walks on arm Leant all right.
Speaker 2: I used to work in the cafter.
Speaker 4: Shot shot shot spencer, shout out.
Speaker 2: Probably did.
Speaker 6: It, Probably happened, all right, anyway, going take us the league?
Speaker 2: Yeah, out of here.
Speaker 6: Jalen Carter Philadelphia Eagles. Jordan Davis got his Now Jalen Carter just got four years, one hundred and fifty two mil. Highest paid defensive tackle of all time. Fellas, how are you feeling? How does this feel for the NFC? I mean, this is already a lethal defensive line. Now you've just paid Jalen Carter. There were a lot of trade talks with them. We knew the Lions weren't gonna get them. But how we're feeling about that?
Speaker 2: I don't think it makes any difference of what the Eagles are gonna do or continue to do with how they build their team and compete for Super Bowls. I think they can pay guys like this and they can still get great players because of how Howie Roseman operates, because of the amount of money their owners have to throw around, and because they're not afraid to take chances and get a little freaky with the cap. So like he deserved the contract. He is one of the best defensive tackles in the league. But I don't think it's gonna like. I know people are like, oh, Eagles are cook now they're paying one guy more than they did, Like they've had contracts like this on their cap this whole time. It does not hamper the way they do business.
Speaker 1: From six million guarantees, av has twenty six million a year guaranteed for the big man. And they said it before. He's one of the better defensive tackles the National Football League. You don't necessarily need sex in the defensive tackle position. Just get in the back disrupted cause chaos we saw firsthand and we played them. Now that he's in here for the long haul, Jordan Davis there for the long haul, we gotta be fucked into your offensive line. Tate Rask a great addition, I think with the work on the left side, because I don't know if hobby is necessarily the long term answer yet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree. I mean he had what eleven games last season and then I think had five TFLs, three sacks, two passes defended. Yeah, as a de tackle, I think it blocked a field goals.
Speaker 2: Any spitting back Prescott's face, Yeah, everyone was. I respected it.
Speaker 6: I don't mean thug in like a bad way, not a native compensation. I mean like he's gangsterangst.
Speaker 2: Yeah's I took it to it was like he's a pussy. If someone spitch in your face, you're the pussy. Yeah, you gotta see. Yeah, Yeah, he's challenging you. You got something about you gotta fight him immediately.
Speaker 6: But are you fighting Jalen Carter.
Speaker 2: No, that's why it's not a pussy. If he spits in my face, I am. I'll probably get my answer. Yeah, you're losing. You're losing for sure. You gotta stick him. That's what he's that's what he's doing. The prescott. You're such a puss you're not gonna do ething, and your team won't do nothing either. A bunch of pussies.
Speaker 4: That's our part, is the team.
Speaker 2: Sorry for your family listening. No that okay, all right, shout out.
Speaker 6: We're classy white trash.
Speaker 4: But we said I will hell yeah, brother, I will say.
Speaker 5: Though this kind of does Obviously I expected I expected him to go absolutely nowhere. But it does kind of suck because I flashed back to that game where the defensive line specifically, like, yeah, dude, we figured out every single time Jared Goff is going to throw the ball, we just deflected every single time.
Speaker 4: I was like, that's not good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was crazy.
Speaker 4: That line is not going anywhere, So that sucks.
Speaker 2: You had it pretty good. Those Georgia boys stick together. Man, what else we got down?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 6: Up next, speaking of Georgia boys, we got some driving under the influence Amanda ted End's coach, Ben Steele is now fired. It seems like a lot of coaches are getting away with a lot of things. A lot of players are getting away with a lot of crimes. Apparently driving drunk is where they The line commanders fired him. Now here's a pull. Wes Welker is taking over duties. Is the commander's head?
Speaker 2: Wow, Wes Welker, Yeah, no way, it's a tight End coach. Yeah, okay, I mean you got the receiving part down. Listen. The thing with Ben Steele, it's simplitarian.
Speaker 1: All was like, based on principle, we can't tell you to tell these players be accountable, don't do this, don't do that. We're doing the same shit. They had to fire him based on principal we back in the NFL. Probably same reason why my man's the head coach until Kyle Shannon gets back in uh with the forty nine ers, and he was caught doing coke on the job he had. Benston will be back in the NFL. Fortunately not Unfortunately it's not with the Commanders.
Speaker 2: He will absolutely be back in the NFL the commanders.
Speaker 1: You mber that story that came up about Jim Bob Cooter when he was here a by climbing in some girls window.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's fucking crazy, crazy Jimbob Cooter.
Speaker 2: But yeah he climbed in some women's window. Ye, kind of drunk creeper. Yeah, and higher in the NFL. He's gonna get his job back for sure. Washington is under the microscope for a lot of reasons. So that's probably why they had to, you know, ak them. We got nipped that in the bud before he starts dropping the f N bomb or saying he hates gay people or whatever he's gonna you know, result from that. So they cut ties. Now. Yeah, he'll get another job pretty soon. I'm sorry, I'm pulling up the Jim Bob stuff.
Speaker 1: No please, uh, do you have anything on been still getting fired by the commanders.
Speaker 6: Not necessarily, I mean d w I s A d w I. I think more people have them than you'd expect. Oh yeah, Romo just got on. What else are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, outside of drinking and driving, there's nothing to do with nothing nonsense.
Speaker 1: States, stay getting these back former backup quarterbacks or sorry, not back up a quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Caught up, Mark Sanchez.
Speaker 4: Remember my friend out there? Remember when my friend Ben went out there and I went to and I went to visit. Were talking about they had they had six out of the top ten cities in the country with dyes.
Speaker 2: That Wisconsin for you. All they do, weren't they?
Speaker 1: Number two behind us is a cocaine capital.
Speaker 6: Probably Travers City is the cocaine capital. Yeah, the entire country, is it?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Shot city, dude, Yeah, that's awesome. In July two thousand and nine, while working for the Indianapolis coach, he was.
Speaker 1: In the NFL when this has happened, Cud was charged with aggravated burgley in Knoxville after a woman said he climbed through an apartment window and got into bed with her. Police found him in the women's bed, and there was no indication in the report the two knew each other. Crew reportedly climbed to the window, stripped down to his underwear, then got into bed. He was released on a ten thousand dollars bond, only a ten thousand dollars bond for.
Speaker 2: Doing that shit. Who hasn't been there?
Speaker 7: You know me?
Speaker 2: That happened to me one time after walked into my house and got into my bed. That happened to me before two. I literally got up, put the blanket over, slept on the couch.
Speaker 6: Am I doing something wrong?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Where the random women in my bed?
Speaker 2: That's true, that's true. You're married.
Speaker 6: I the wife might be watching.
Speaker 2: Got me?
Speaker 1: Uh after math. He'd also been arrested in two thousand and six for d u y.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, he had some obviously. Dude gets way too fun. We still hired him as office quarter. I'm surprised that one of our friends hasn't found himself crawling into a random person's better than it's happening. It's definitely happened. Happened Chriss last weekend. Nothing nothing, We ain't talking about it. The stranger who woke up on your couch?
Speaker 6: Save us, Save us all right? Taking a shift. Louke Keiley all time panther, He's now the lead color guy for netflik.
Speaker 2: Whoa gotta be colored? Was a matter of color audio can't these days?
Speaker 6: You gotta be got to be the color guy.
Speaker 2: Look, yo, what's up?
Speaker 6: Well Greg Goldsen was doing it.
Speaker 2: I'd be crazy. Yeah, we did that with our with another intern and he got really flustered about it. You handled it much better than he.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he asked me nervous that maybe he did feel type of I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it. Luke Keikley is one of my favorite players ever. I think he's probably the most underappreciated linebacker of all time. Uh, guys, superman like he's fucking Luke Keyekley is such a dog. Saved his brain, so good for him. You know, got out early and yeah he's gonna he's it's gonna be great. He's he's got a good personality too, so clearly has the pass. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've seen interviews with Keikley and he just breaks down the game. He's like one of those people that you just rarely see, like very high football like you and I feel like you got it. He was a mic right yeah, yeah, I mean as an all time Mike linebacker and he was only in the League, what five six years that I really remember.
Speaker 2: He had a very short Yeah, he had a short career. He is beautiful.
Speaker 1: I do it to the way he does it so like orchestrated and like it just it just hypes me up for football.
Speaker 2: It's just it's that love of the game he speaks with every time.
Speaker 1: So I'm looking forward to that one yet hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah fuck yeah, yes he did. Those defenses were so fucking fun to watch him and Thomas Davis, Josh Norman, Julius Peppers.
Speaker 1: Oh, Julius Peppers a fucking demon his whole career. How crazy man basketball player and he's washed up and went to the Packers.
Speaker 2: Basketball player and then finished number two all time in forced fumbles in the in the NFL. Wow, guess who number one is? You'll never I guarantee you'll never say the question over time. No number who leads the NFL all time in forced fumbles? Peter Tillman. Nope, that's a good guess, though, he's a defensive lineman. No mm Dwight Freey Nope. Close. All that was that was close, same team, same team. Roger mathis Robert Robert mathis all time NFL forced fumble leader, that's.
Speaker 1: I remember they always practice tackling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: All right, it's good break come back. We got more around the league, or we got the rankings. What do you guys want to get to you but fist? Let us get down about Nisia. Great stuff down.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you about Amnesia. Two flavors of liquid thac diamonds in a single device, The Amnesia Switch. Make sure you go to a dispenser near you tell them you want amnesia and they will give you the switch man in a good way. Trust me, get tweet now. It's it's great stuff. Shout out to Amnesia. They hooked u up big time and it's it's the best face in the game. Go check it out The Amnesia Switch.
Speaker 9: Some more Detroit Tigers coverage.
Speaker 8: Make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube.
Speaker 9: The Old Tigers all the time for the hardcore Detroit sports fans who can't get enough for the Motor Cities teams. All season long. You'll get non stop Tigers contents.
Speaker 8: From on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 11: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month. How do they like working out in the clean and spaces gym let's filled with a quick for every workout. And how about free fitness training and the judgment free zone that leaves and feeling.
Speaker 2: Energize all day long?
Speaker 11: Jo ain't played fitness today with the free pf app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 8: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit.
Speaker 7: But we do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our.
Speaker 9: Shot Woodward Sports.
Speaker 2: Crowd, Gold Crown, Ladies and Gentlemen. I took part before the show today.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie to you. I'm gonna keep it a buck with you. I had the Royal Jester we were passing around and I felt great, you should too, go to dispensary. Don't think, just ask for the Royal Jester. Smoke like Royalty, only with go Crown.
Speaker 2: It's already like you're already smoking, right, It's already good tree and the written the Keith and it's burning slow.
Speaker 1: Great stuff recommended spinning. Yes, did you see the NFL power rankings coming from one Fox reporter?
Speaker 2: Like the Chris want to put them on the screen. I am perplexed because last year I was wrong. A lot of people are, I know, specifically Conkle heard had the Seahawks up in there. Raven three, Okay, I think that's that's That's how I felt too. That's kind of crazy, kind of crazy. They didn't get max c they did it, but they did get Henderson. They did draft uh they did Henderson. Yeah, I forgot about that. They got they got they got some names that man forgot about. They also got the Zayre Young. I believe his name was the other defensive tackle that people thought we were gonna get.
Speaker 1: Instead of uhion Youion Young, thank you, instead of more ye like, they got some I mean, but no Jim Harpy. I mean they got jesse Mint jesse mentor so the defense can return. I do have a question about Justin Montabouque though, because that's a neck injury they never fully returned from. That sounds a pretty serious injury for a defensive lineman have.
Speaker 2: I think three is a little high for all the question marks that the Ravens have. I do think, you know, I think jesse Mincher is going to be a good very good coach, but we don't know yet. You don't know yet. You can't make just assumptions, even though I do think he's going to be a very good defensive coach. Obviously, I forgot. They signed Trey Hendrickson. Yep, but another year of Derrick Henry aging is Lamar Jackson going to be able to stay healthy. They still don't have a receiving corps. They lost Isaiah Likely, who was probably there, you know, thank you, one of their best pass catchers. For sure. The offense has a lot of the defense will be great.
Speaker 1: Mark Gags want a clear down trend. Yeah, Isaiah Likely was like this, and then they got rid of them, and you already have limited pass catches to begin with. The one that you have is somewhat productive. Ze Flowers just coughs up the ball now and then for god knows why. And he's kind of tiny too, Like I'll respect the speedzers, I really do. I think someone could be special Tyreek Hill specifically, but like that body frame, like if you're not smart, I don't know that those guys could last long careers or even like the seasons. In some cases, guys like say Flowers, Yeah, number three is kind of high for me. Don What about you?
Speaker 6: You know, Ravens. I haven't really done a lot of research into him. I haven't really heard much about him since Crosby he got denied the trade there. But I mean picking up Hendrickson, I would say is a pretty one to one replacement. I think when you look at Lamar Jackson's progression, you know there is some concern there. I think there's a lot of people are very gimmicky when they talk about him. They think he could only run, he could sling it. Yeah, he is a very pure gun slinger. But I think the duo of Henry and Lamar just didn't work as well as people thought. I thought that would be unbreakable. But when you don't have the right receiving cores around them, I mean I've only really seen the offense. I just I don't think it works. It's not a top five team in the NFL.
Speaker 2: I think Lamar Jackson went healthy, is no doubt a top three quarterback in the NFL.
Speaker 1: People say he does can't throw. It's like how to identify a non ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was the best. Uh, he was more fishing than golf. He was the best quarterback passing from the pocket two years ago, like in the entirely more fishing than golf, more fishing than mahomes, more efficient than borrow, like any of those guys. He was the best quarterback when passing inside the pocket in the NFL, and he's Lamar Jackson, like you know what he brings when he gets outside the pocket. Health is the thing, though, like can he stay healthy? Can he withstand the workload that he is going to have to carry in that offense? Because I know I've said this for the past five years, but like Derrick Henry is gonna slow down eventually, know me too, It's crazy twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: I'm like Dereck Henry get ready, Yeah, I know, wrong, No, wrong.
Speaker 2: Derek King Henry for a reason.
Speaker 4: That guy.
Speaker 2: I mean, he showed some signs last young lie. We did him, We pumped him.
Speaker 1: I remember I was talking, shit, we will hold him to fifty yards and everyone was like fuck you. And then it looked bad in the first quarter.
Speaker 2: And shut it, shut it down and shot.
Speaker 5: So are we just focused on the Ravens or like, can we kind of no poker ro I thought, I think the Ravens is creazy.
Speaker 1: I throw it up again Ralph Viachano, so is the name uh hopefully not swimming with the fishes and for criticizing this list, but uh ohai Paison.
Speaker 5: One of the things that I saw to me, obviously relating that to us here is like, I just don't see the argument that Kansas City is a better.
Speaker 2: Team, that Patrick Mahomes is healthy.
Speaker 1: Apparently they did beat our ass last year, and they did beat our they did dick underwear and they pulled it over our head. Yeah, I can't lie.
Speaker 2: I think the Lions, it's a pretty fair spot to put them on. They have to, you know, I would put them a little bit higher, but not maybe switch them with the forty nine ers.
Speaker 1: I think Jacksonville lost some pieces unless Travis Hunt takes a big jump the Bengals what what Like I get it?
Speaker 2: No, I don't get it.
Speaker 1: That Also, we hype them up every single year. Nothing's really changed with them, but same coach, same group of guys. They even in healthy years, they've been like just there.
Speaker 6: Yeah two years ago its Chase Brown and who's the head Zach Taylor. Zach Taylor produces mediocrity every year. Burrow, I mean, I love Joe Burt, I really do. I love Joe Burrow, but all he has is that three sixty video of him in the snow throwing the football, and that's the hype every year, and then he always gets hurt by week five and then they're crawling to eight and nine by week seventeen.
Speaker 1: Every single year they have. They have no right to be number ten over the Detroit Lions, in my opinion.
Speaker 4: I agree with that.
Speaker 5: And then also right there at number nine, the Houston Texans. I don't know if I'm just higher on them than no. They gotta but they gotta go. I think they gotta go up.
Speaker 1: Jack's gotta go down. They got a tremend they got a tough ass schedule this year.
Speaker 2: Texans at nine, Yeah, the Texans should be like, for sure, over the Bears. Over the Bears, for sure, I would say probably.
Speaker 1: Over the put Over the Bills. That's another team. I'm yeah, Bills tanking of mine. I'm a Josh Allen Stains Bills.
Speaker 4: I'm on yeah, I'm I'm watch with it.
Speaker 5: I feel like you just no matter what, would Josh Allen, you get to like eight, nine, maybe even ten wins. But like if I'm actually talking like pound for pound, these are the teams that have the best chance at winning the title. I'm still I'm putting the Bills like tenth or like eleven, because I just we've seen it so many times and you're telling me that this new coach is gonna like change.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 1: You fired your defensive mind as head coach who kind of held you in games because you didn't really have much around Josh Allo than James Cook recently with James Cook, which.
Speaker 2: Remid his year for him last year. And then you get kept the same offensive cordon. Like, what did you really change other than getting worse on defense for the Bills. That's j Moorey added, but like it was he twenty nine. Yeah, and we seen him quot on plays for the Chicago Bear for sure. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just this this rankings preseason rankings.
Speaker 2: Prince talking about the Bengals adding Dexter Lawrence, Jonathan Allen Boy and Mafe to their defense, which losing Trey Hendrickson. Adding those three guys, I would say it's a net post.
Speaker 1: I would take those three over Henderson.
Speaker 2: But again, health is important.
Speaker 1: That's a great point. I thought about the ex Lawrence stuff as well.
Speaker 2: But again, I don't believe in Zach Taylor. I don't I think he's I think he's a Burrow and Chase Merchant. I wouldn't be mad at it. Like I think I think is the is the is the coordinator in offensive mind that people think Zach Taylor is. I could be biased. I think I'm just find a way to put the Lions in the top ten. I don't think you can.
Speaker 4: I don't think they're ten.
Speaker 2: I think they're I think they're like twelve or something like.
Speaker 4: I just would have them.
Speaker 5: I would have them over the Chiefs that just pound for pounder like the roster better, like the roster better than the forty Niners pound for pounding the Chargers is fair.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm just so like, you know, do something for me Herbert. But the Eagles also the defense on down trim too. Yeah, offensively, they just yeah lost AJ Brown.
Speaker 5: They could end and I mean real, he showed real like you know last year and regression. Yeah, that's a better way of putting it. I think that I think that the Lions can end up easily in the top ten throughout this throughout the season looking like that.
Speaker 4: But Denver.
Speaker 5: I wasn't even mad at too, because I mean they were you know, if bon Nicks was if bo Nicks was healthy, I mean I'm not the boat next and Wattle, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That team is that team is just on paper is really Yeah, their defense is insane. Put some respect on the Seahawks. They just want to super of Christ six. We lost was K nine.
Speaker 4: That's that's kind of that's kind of a big loss.
Speaker 9: Though.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll bring our part rings wrong.
Speaker 7: I like those.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe why don't you tell us about massage share?
Speaker 1: I will tell you about the massage mail bag coming up next. You guys like the chair that I had up there, imagine that thinking massage all right. The place to find it the Massage Chairhouse, the corner biber long Lag Road. Just visit them online if you can't get there in person, it's the Massage Chairhouse dot com.
Speaker 2: Scan the QR code. If you can't support our guy, but pull him to the store, subscribe to his YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: We host the umber Massage Here of you channel on the Internet's Massage Chairhouse dot com.
Speaker 9: A ton of fun, a ton of scoring, a ton of Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweight.
Speaker 12: Lived some days call for light, others, lean, bold, what about everything in between? All day IPA the easy choice for every day citrusy chrisp refreshing flavor. You can float with light on the hops, big on refreshment. One's great, two even better.
Speaker 2: Brood with you in money, no.
Speaker 12: Shortcuts, no fuss, big on flavor, never too much. All day IPA hop into easy.
Speaker 2: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit, and that's why I think it's cool.
Speaker 14: I think with opportunity, right, Like you said, maybe you like to punch people in the face for real, and you know you want to be a boxer, and you have an option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face and you want to make you know, you like the theatricals and the storylines, and you have an avenue here. Maybe you start at one and then want to change to the other. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I just want to in the building and know that you have some place to go to explore that.
Speaker 15: Just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want to do it to the best of your ability? And you know it all starts with the kids.
Speaker 8: Hunting season is almost to your Detroit and You're Lions are on the prow.
Speaker 9: Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports.
Speaker 8: Were all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, Tom and Roth first downs, Kenny pancakes, Kirmy picks, Gibb's big plays, and of course Jack Fox.
Speaker 9: His leg yes day.
Speaker 8: Locked in on all your lines coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports.
Speaker 9: Network Sports.
Speaker 2: Mail Bag. We got a intern on the mic. It's time to grill chat. He goes to ASU, he's happily married.
Speaker 1: Tell us some more interesting things about you.
Speaker 2: Tom.
Speaker 6: I'm left handed besides shooting at basketball because I still shoot with two hants. Still working on that. If anybody wants to teach me a jump or please and thank you, or golf or just any athletic endeavors. I feel like I'm lacking in uh and everything.
Speaker 2: What'd you play in high school football? What position?
Speaker 6: What'd you call it? Aspect that.
Speaker 16: I was?
Speaker 6: Let's see, I played three. My mom didn't let me play tackle growing up. I played flag until like fifth grade and then high school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't play tackle growing up either.
Speaker 1: I didn't play we didn't have It's kind of over poor well.
Speaker 6: Now, my brain is kind of just you know, function, So sometimes I mean enough to give me an a SU ninety acceptance right there you go, there you go, ninety percent. Everybody could go to SU. I know my friend he was we called him ten percenters. People that don't make it, like like re try to get in.
Speaker 1: So he had what's acceptance ate at ms.
Speaker 6: U, like seventy five something like that. Wow, so it's still high.
Speaker 2: But that's why ASU is hot.
Speaker 6: Girls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there's the mail bags from Steve O Baby Spencer. What's your best college football tailgate experience? Well, I got a good one, you know, probably Michigan Michigan State on Halloween. Uh we did lose, but I was at my uncle row Wells tailgate and I just got fuck. It was crazy. We were drinking Woodford. It was a great time. It was college game day, Michigan State versus Ohio State. My boy played for the baseball team and so we were there. There was a legendary guy in this town and his son also went to Michigan State.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you guys connect some dots there and a couple of Ohio State guys got in the baseball house and like changed the song and our guy was pretty fucked up, pretty hammered, grabbed a.
Speaker 2: Bat and went to a tackle. Almost I don't want to say the right It got fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: Damn he got nuts at the Baseball House of MSU. But everyone survived, got broken up. That was probably my biggest tailgate story. Also got too fucked up. Maybe make it to the game.
Speaker 2: Shout out that happens a lot, that happens. That's what a good tail gate is. Yeah, yeah, that way too fun. Mail bag from I'm salty. If we don't see a playoff team by week six, do you want to rank for a tank, for a quarterback or being mediocre? God, We're gonna be a playoff team.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be a playoffs like sure, God will anything other than like the obvious stuff I'm knocking on WOODI or too like losing an important player.
Speaker 2: There's no excuse for this team.
Speaker 1: To not make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I mean this schedule.
Speaker 1: I think Warren Sharp has put it out there. He ranks he's every single year the lines of the easiest schedule.
Speaker 2: Guys. We put the Jets, the Dolphins, the Cardinals. I mean, I'm the easy bad teams with no quarterbacks. No quarterback at all. You should have losen not one of those fucking teams. This is gonna be a playoff team. Mail bag from chef. How many training camp practices or the heavy is going to We're going on the tenth for sure. I think that's the only one we got confirmed.
Speaker 1: So is that with Mike with us?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, So if you got tickets, we'll take them. You know, I'm you've got tickets. Hit hit up your boys intern.
Speaker 1: Who's your current red Wing and former red Wing?
Speaker 2: It's from the Wave fan?
Speaker 6: Oh, I mean I grew up not a crazy hockey guy. I would say det Z Yuke because I caught him towards the end of his career and he was just always a demon. Current it was Patty Kane. Now he's gone. I liked him for a few years he was here, and I've been kind of tapped out of hockey lately, unfortunately, but trying to get back into it. The girlfriend's dad is a huge hockey fan, so I'm trying to impress him. But he's a Phillies fan or not a Flyers fan. That's gonna be difficult.
Speaker 2: That is difficult.
Speaker 6: My first Red Wings game was in the Joe against the Flyers. I hate the Flyers just because I remember that first ye Flyers.
Speaker 2: Fuck the Flyers.
Speaker 6: Fuck the Flyers.
Speaker 1: Male bag. Why would anyone voluntarily live in.
Speaker 2: The desert because prostitution is legal? Is it really Vegas?
Speaker 6: I think I think we're talking about Phoenix.
Speaker 2: He means Phoenix, desert or temper.
Speaker 4: It sucks.
Speaker 6: I don't know why I lived. I mean, the Walter Crownkite School is great. It's what got me this internship kind of shout out. But besides that, there's a whole lot of lot of nothing.
Speaker 1: Burning issue says, give up two lions elite offensive players for one from a different team, and two elite defensive players for one from a different team. Who you're taking and giving away?
Speaker 2: Why do we gotta give up two for one? Yeah, I'm not doing that. I don't think we have I don't think you can afford to give up to elite defensive players. I think you've only got two healthy ones right now offensively Jame Owen Laporta for.
Speaker 1: Who's the other simone guy in the Eagles, Jordan, Yeah, maybe him.
Speaker 2: I'm not giving up anybody. Christan Wurs, I'm not giving up anybody on our offense. I think we're gonna have the best offense in the NFL. I'm just playing the game. He's asked the questions defensively, Alan, that's not He's not elite though. Yeah, you only we have two elite defensive players healthy, right?
Speaker 5: Would you give up both your elite safeties in return for someone you know is one hundred percent healthy elite safety?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, kirbying Branch for Kyle Hamilton. I thought about that too.
Speaker 6: I was thinking, no, Branch, how old is Hamilton now though?
Speaker 2: Twenty six?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Young?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if alienka if you're if just crediting Lee, I was just saying Leam and Jack Ford, Miles Garrett.
Speaker 2: I don't think Leam's elite though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't have much elite on our defense doesn't have a lot of elite.
Speaker 2: Jack Gating a branch Kirby when if you can go the Kirby sad man it is.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think he's like losing his mind on Twitter too. I think too.
Speaker 6: I think he's just having fun, like, I mean, there's there's ways to go about it. I think he's trying to be like a Kevin Durant have fun on Twitter, you know, mess with the crowd a little bit. But I think it's rubbing a lot of Detroit fans the wrong way. And I think it's uh. He's saying, like people who are complaining about the Lions and their situation, he's taking that as a oh, you could be a fan elsewhere, and I've seen him say that on Twitter, and I think that's just one way to lose ticket sales.
Speaker 2: He's trying to be somewhere rapper in his next career, so he's trying to hype up the song he's trying to get.
Speaker 6: Well, he keeps on putting it as a YouTube leak. He goes on information on Yeah, and then it's a YouTube link to his music and it's like knock off Sada Baby.
Speaker 2: And he's trying to Uh. He's trying to get the fans on his side by attacking anybody that says he might not play, which is not a good side.
Speaker 1: Mail bag, When should we expect Josh Allen to start winning Super Bowls?
Speaker 2: When he puts on the Honolulu Blue Baby, let's go hell yeah bring them home? Brother, Well that'll do it for us today. Appreciate you tapping him. Make sure you smashed that like button for Easy, for Dom, for Skywalker, for Chris I Am Spencer with a heavyweights see guys tomorrow