Speaker 1: Hey, I'm Auntie and I'm Brian and Weird Love Spirals.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it. We are back after a five year hiatus.
Speaker 3: That's crazy considering we did our first Chilling with Love Spirals podcast I'm guessing like twenty ish years ago, so two thousand.
Speaker 1: And five, so next year would actually be the anniversary. Really back then, we started with like twelve minute audio podcasts and it kind of grew as time went on. We thought like five years ago that we would start a big cast, did two, and then pod faded. We did kind of a Chilling the Love Spirals like nine months ago for the Flux Deluxe Edition.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was Yeah, that was huge. Chan it was me answering questions that you asked me, but you're just off camera, so as us talking together, we just edited your part out and just kept mine because it was, you know, for LSD, Love Spirals Downard. This past August eleventh, we released the twenty five year anniversary of our classic nineteen ninety eight album Flux. In fact, we released it on the exact date of the twenty fifth anniversary. But there are we're back because we have so much news. As you might expect after so many years of not talking tout no, So let's start with the biggest latest news. Okay, we have a brand news song and music video for a song that we've been working on over the past like six odd mounts. It's called Newmanon.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think we were actually recording this in the deep of winter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, January. I went pretty crazy. I mean I pulled out a lot of tricks I've never really put into a song before.
Speaker 1: I'm really happy with how the music and the lyrics turned out, and I'm also really excited about how the video turned out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it all came out wonderfully, I mean crazy. I'm not just saying this to promote it. I think it's one of the best songs that I've ever made, that we've ever made. This is like one of my like I'm gonna look back, I'm sure like years down the line and that Newmanon is one of the best.
Speaker 2: Songs I made hopefully.
Speaker 1: So. I mean we have been known to say that every time an album comes out, but for real, this time, this is it's so good.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy about it.
Speaker 3: Kind of goes back to the thing I'm kind of good at. I guess thing I've been doing for most of my career is kind of like fusing different styles of music, even genres together, very seamlessly, genres you wouldn't think would be able to coexist all that while, like say on LSD's Flocks, bringing in like breakbeats, drum and bass with like dream pop and shoegaze, same kind of thing here, bringing the ethereal shoegaze dream pop thing and merging it seamlessly with kind of more like trap I guess, like an atmospheric trap.
Speaker 2: Sah, yeah, I don't know. It's all that you'rs listening to music around the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really, it really is a crazy genre combination, but you won't even think about.
Speaker 2: When you're listening to it. It just makes sense, I think, right. Yeah, anyway, just.
Speaker 3: Listen to it, let it take you where it takes.
Speaker 2: You so completely.
Speaker 1: I mean. So, if you haven't already, please check out Newman on on Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, or here of course on YouTube music, and soon it will be on band camp as well.
Speaker 3: And if you've bought any music of ours on band Camp, you're on our list there, which means we want you to attend. We're going to do what we've done before for Love Spiles Dwars listening parties, which is kind of like a live stream chat sort of thing where we'll playing all three songs and we could talk with you, like the chat.
Speaker 2: Song that was a spoiler. Oh that was a spoiler. So here's the thing.
Speaker 1: So he said he wanted to do a listening party, and I was like, one song is not going to be a very great listening party, like.
Speaker 3: Over the four minutes that it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then I was like, well, you know a lot of the bands that we like, when they put out a single, they put an instrumental mix on it.
Speaker 2: So I suggested that.
Speaker 3: To you, and I went to town and made a really ethereal guitar focused instrumental, really brought the guitars up, just put more sparkle and magic on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was just listening to it before. This is pretty, but little extra synthesizer too. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We didn't stop there, and we came up. She actually came up with that said, hey, why don't you try to make like a drum and bass remix of this song? I said, yeah, that's not a bad idea. I mean I've been known to like fuse drum and bass with other styles, like I said.
Speaker 1: Earlier, and after all this flux stuff we've been doing lately, which we talk about, you're in drummer base. So in my mind I was imagining it was going to be like our ecstatic ype or something where he would just cut out like a couple of samples and lay it over some really atmospheric long thing.
Speaker 2: But now he did not do that.
Speaker 3: I thought I was going to do that, But once I started getting to work on it, I just took the same song basically and pulled a lot of the trap stuff out basically as far as drums and scents, and laid in a whole new like breakbeat drumming bass song and then produced it accordingly for it. It just it's weird how just so effortlessly and naturally became a cool sound in drum atmospheric drum and bass song too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then I came in and I was like I had some specific ideas too, like about how to do like a stutter vocal that went all through it, and a couple of other things, and I totally revamped the pre chorus like anyways, we had so much fun. It's not even out yet though it's not even out yet.
Speaker 2: But so that's the thing.
Speaker 1: So now with three songs, we could have a really nice band camp release and listening party, like something worth attending, so you can look.
Speaker 3: Forward to that. Yeah, and you don't have to get these on band Camp. We're going to release all the newman On remixes and instrumentals out on the major streaming music streaming services too.
Speaker 2: There might also be another music video on ball.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it might be just a little thing. Just want to make it fun.
Speaker 1: So yeah, speaking of music videos, I really hope that you check out the music video here on YouTube as.
Speaker 3: Well for Noumenon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for Neumanon, because you know, we had a lot of fun. You will definitely recognize the location it was filmed in. We haven't really done a video quite to this degree, I would say since the Smile video where you had me go out and film you doing guitar on location.
Speaker 2: All these different things. We didn't go out on location, but we made the most of the location that we had, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Pretty much turned this room into like a moody like I don't know, club or a recording studio or something. But you'll check it out hopefully. So yeah, we'll put the links down there please. It's I think it's one of the best videos we've made before.
Speaker 2: Hopefully not the best one ever. Hopefully we can keep going. This is the best.
Speaker 3: Song learning as far as videos, we keep learning more. We get more skills each time we try.
Speaker 1: More about production too, in both video and audio. So even though we may be old farts, Ryan will be fifty seven this year, believe it or not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gen X, the same age as Kurt Cobaine. Well he would have been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, we just keep going. Yeah.
Speaker 1: A really old friend of mine said that they were impressed to see that I was still so creative at this age that most people my age had already given up.
Speaker 2: But I was like, really, I can't not create.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly, That's just what I've been doing pretty much my whole life, And oh my god, I can't imagine me just so I shall stop creating music now. I shall not be creative.
Speaker 2: Anyone that'd be sad. I should mention that Newman probably would have came out sooner had not a very big surprise come into our lives.
Speaker 3: The Love Spouls Spoals Downwards Flux release, which yeah, yeah, I took a little more effort on our part than I thought it would. But this is our first. This is a huge thing. It's the first time I've ever had any of my music, any of my album's pastor press whatever, come out on vinyl. And yeah, thig things to Bill at Loston, Ohio Records.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the one that reached out via on.
Speaker 3: This project beautiful white vinyl here woo nice yea in these liner notes are amazing. I mean I worked with the writer from Scene. Yes, he did an amazing job. I mean he's so much so. I think Sam from Project Records, you know, which released Flecks back in nineteen ninety eight. I think Sam is trying to like cajole him into like writing like a Project biography or.
Speaker 2: He should that that is a book. His time has come. I think Jason, you should totally do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jason has covered a number of your albums in Opus.
Speaker 3: That was great having someone who knew our work, you know, as opposed to some guy just getting paid doesn't really care, you know, as often happens for music reviews. And it's would be cool. Is this never released before photograph that was taken by our like the same by Stewart, the person who shot the do a photography for for Flux, shot this around at the same time too, thinking it might appear in the original nineteen ninety eight CD release, but it didn't, but made it on to hear it too. It's got like the credit notes anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's quickly show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's that blurry face there on the front. That's Ryan and in the back is Kristen had a lyricist and singer from Psyche and Ring.
Speaker 3: We'll put the links to to get this vinyl. It sounds really good. William did a really fantastic job on all aspects of the production, the visual and worked with a proper vinyl master and engineer in a proper final pressing place and it sounds.
Speaker 2: Rad thanks to everyone who's already bought it. By the way, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Done really well. So if you've never heard Flux, it was what I was referring to earlier in this p podcast is fusion of like breakbeat, atmospheric drum and bass with my traditional low sparals downwards sound of the ethereal atmospheric dream pop, little shoegaze. So newmanon our new song is a great follow up to Flux. Strangely, it wasn't planned that way, having that electronic you know, like a contemporary electronic genre fused in with my wheelhouse stuff I've been doing for all these years. And the reaction to Newmanon has been amazing. We've been added to like like three hundred plus playlists on Spotify.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe more. I'm not even sure.
Speaker 1: It's it's been doing great and we're so thankful we haven't We don't even have a promotions team or anything. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just came out with last week on Friday, Yeah, Friday, and here we are a few days later. The music video hasn't, as we're sitting right here, hasn't been released to the public at that's tomorrow. It's just doing all this just through getting all this attention, just through releasing it to our followers.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you, hard to you and also too. Just last year, we did a remix for Project Records, my you know, old label.
Speaker 2: We had so much fun that.
Speaker 3: I know, I've been saying the best best be seriously, when we did a remix for one of their great electronic synth pop dance artist Allen Electronica, he has this cool song the Saint Love and let let us know that they're looking for a remixers. Yes, yes, I want to remix this name Love, and I was working on it. I remember finally said Alan a mix up. I was really scared because I sad him. I think this is the best remix I've ever known in my life. He wrote back, and he was just like blown away, like so much so. When Project finally released this Ellen Electronica Remixes EP, they chose our song, the remix of this they Love to be the single, the single for Spotify's right.
Speaker 1: That would probably it was part of what got the ball rolling.
Speaker 2: If you wanted to do the more like.
Speaker 3: Dark electronic and shoegazer dream pop mixing, check out the link to it. It's a cool song. I me, it's got all those genres I just mentioned. Plus it's got like some like deep house going on too. And it was cool having Alan's samples, all his audio just there for me to grab and to start working with and combining our sound on top of it. I think it really I got set the bar high for us. We got it's got our momentum going production wise, which led to why I think newmanon sounds in my opinion like so one of the best productions I've ever made.
Speaker 2: Wow. All right.
Speaker 3: Circling back to the promotions for Flux, I did release about like a month or two ago a video of me and here jamming live on my one of my guitars to the.
Speaker 4: Song Nova, and I was wearing a vintage from nineteen ninety eight ninety nine of Flux Love Spiles Downwards on Flus T shirt and a lot.
Speaker 3: Of people were asking like whoa, Like, where can I get that? I'm going, well, they don't exist anymore.
Speaker 1: Technically, but yeah, Well I decided I would just recreate the Flux T shirt for people who wanted it, and so we created what was its merch dot Lovesparles dot com.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, link for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you can get the Flux reissue t You can get it in green like it was originally, or now in black. You can also get a hoodie for the first time ever. And then also for the old school people, I took that old Michael plaster swirly logo logo and I made I made some Love Sprouls downards merch of that too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of a lot of stuff, huh, A lot of stuff going on, and actually there's more stuff coming out. We don't want to give too much away, but make sure you're you're following us of all our social media is if you're here on YouTube, not only like subscribe it hit that notification bell to know when new stuffs come out because there's a price. There's more songs in the pipeline, like songs that are done right now. They'll be coming out soon, so we don't need to miss that. You don't want to miss that, So make sure, yeah, you're following hit hit notification. That's the most important part I've noticed. If I don't have that checked off or a bell hit YouTube doesn't, the algorithm doesn't send me the you know, notifications about miss stuff. Yeah, even though I'm subscribed someway, I'm thanks for watching guys, thanks for being part of the resurrected Chilling with with Love spiles. And there'll be more to come. I don't think it's going to be a five year wait for the next door.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Please leave a comment down below if you enjoy this content to encourage us to keep doing it and let us know what you're most excited about.
Speaker 2: From what's going on right now, we would love to hear from you. Yeah, and I guess it's funny though. Seam and untill next time.
Speaker 3: You Keep it chill, baby, keep it chill.
Speaker 2: Try my best to be strong.
Speaker 1: There's no way that I been love.
Speaker 2: It's just a love.
Speaker 3: Chi loves choking
Speaker 2: Hm hm four